Speaker 1: Baby, I'm a gamesterato.
Speaker 2: It takes a little tangle.
Speaker 3: You don't want to.
Speaker 4: Mess with me.
Speaker 5: Mess with me, baby, I'm a gangsta too.
Speaker 6: Couch baby, you're a game statoo.
Speaker 4: For the warners, this podcast is designed to take you outside of your comfort zone and make you question reality Listening discretion is a vibe.
Speaker 3: The fellas.
Speaker 6: This ain't my first time at the RODEOSHM.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Occult Rejects today. We got a packed house. We got ten of us up in here today, and we're gonna have all the rejects introduced themselves until we get to the man of the hour, the very special guests for you, Lisa, please the occult rejected bad scientists. Let everybody know what your dealer is. What's up?
Speaker 5: Thank you. I'm very excited to be here. Thank you for the invitation. Thank you everybody. The only thing I have to plug is Cult Research Institute dot org, where a lot of our fellow occult researchers are contributing. So that's it for me, and I'm very excited to hear about to hear everything that Greg has.
Speaker 3: To say today. Awesome, Yes, me too. Thank you very much for joining us, and Jin Frida the Ninja, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Thanks you, thank you boss, not Forrider today, but and thank you to Greg Carlwood. Obviously I'm really excited and slash nervous, but so I host the show called Threshold Saints, which is serial experiments and speculative ontology. It's metamagic, metareality and metaphysics. And then I also co host a Friday night space we called Friday Night Nastic Mass called the Gray Lodge, which Nick was so great to jump on last week when I was gone. So we've launched an of the Daughter, which is an eleven part gospel of love, as well as our book club. And then also we're doing a new series called Welcome to Hapaboria, which is a sort of modern American nacissism. So yeah, you can check me out insta, ig, Twitter, all that, and my linkerge will be blow.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much as thank you, sir and JJ Vance.
Speaker 8: What is going on, sir, Nick greeting, sir, appreciate the advice always fellow cult rejects.
Speaker 4: Greg Carlwood, Great to meet you, sir.
Speaker 8: JJ Vance, a host of Operations GCD and more notably not the vice president the Operation GCD. Live every Wednesday, Fridays with the Occult Rejects every Friday night and Sundays coming this week here Patreon only Sundays here at Operation GCD eight pm, looking forward. The conversation always great to you know, meet all the Occult Rejects.
Speaker 4: This is the big, big team we got here today.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah, Thank you very much. And Ethan Indigo, Sir, what is going on?
Speaker 9: Peace? Salute to everybody. Glad to be here. I'm a writer on the esoteric and the exoteric and can be found really easily and check out Occult Research Institute.
Speaker 2: Glad to be here with everyone.
Speaker 3: Thank you. And another special guest we got with us today. This man has been along the journey really with the Occult Rejects, and I think some of the best work that has been done on this show has been done with him, so I wanted to get him involved. We got Mario from Symbolic Studies to Tarot Man himself. Please let everybody know what is up.
Speaker 10: Yeah for sure, Thanks for the invite, dude. My project is called Symbolic Studies. You can find all my stuff at symbolicstudies dot com. I do short form videos available for terror readings, I've got presentations on my YouTube all that kind of stuff. Stock to talk to Greg and everyone else. So yeah, thanks again of course, of course, and we got Ricardo.
Speaker 3: Please, sir, let everybody know what your deal is and where they can find all your amazing research.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Nick, Thank you for the invite. Good hearing to everyone. I'm very excited to listen from Greg today and see what it has to say. And as for me, I'm a multi Sumari researcher and you can find all about me and my ex account as it is in the screen at t dot calvery one at x do. Check out our magazine pharohs. You can find it at the Institute for Natural Philosophy dot org.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Nick, of course, thank you, And we got the Cosmic Peach yourself, Julia, what is going on?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 12: Nick? I'm so excited for this one. I've been looking forward to it. Have Cosmic Peach podcast wherever you listen or find your podcast. If you haven't found me yet, yeah, never will, but I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course. And last but not least, the moment Slayer herself heighty love.
Speaker 13: Hello, everybody. I'm Heidi Love of the Unfiltered Rise. I'm everwhere podcasts are served. I do have my own website, Unfiltered rizpodcast dot com, and I'm better known as the ex Mormon girl.
Speaker 3: Hell Yah, nice to meet you, Greg, Thank you, thank you very much. I really appreciate it. And finally, last but not least, the man of the hour. I'm sure everybody knows who he is. He's a the OG four twenty friendly conspiracy theorist. We're on the streets. He smoked the blunts with Bigfoot, and he's ripped bong hits a Bohemia grove. We got Greg Callwood from the Higher Side Chats up in here today. Greg, please let everybody know what the hell is up and what's going on.
Speaker 14: Hey, thank you for having me. No pressure, right, I mean, I really am just a regular guy and have a regular guy's level of knowledge. You guys all probably know a lot more about the occult than me, but people know me because I got in there first. I've been doing the podcast for fifteen years. The Higher Side Chats dot Com is the place to go, and it really is all the great guests I've had over the years that make the show what it is. I'm just a guy asking some questions, and some of it sticks, but a lot of times it's like preparing for a book report. You cram, you do the thing, and then you're like, all right, that's done. But after fifteen years, hopefully I remember some things and have some interesting things to bring up. But pleasure to meet everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, thank you very much. I totally understand what you're saying about forgetting stuff, because like between everybody I work with, it'll be like, don't you remember when we talked about so and so on, And I'm like, no, sorry, I don't. That was three weeks ago. I don't remember. There's so many there was ten other shows in there that I remember, you know, partial stuff I just forgot. But as it all does lead together, Yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Thank you, So Greg. I figured, I mean, besides, there's you know, nine other people here. Everybody's got questions. But I did think maybe kind of just set it off. As you know, again, you've been around for a while, you do touch on the occult besides other things, I guess just kind of wanted to know, like you know, your experience and the occult with the journey through your podcast, maybe things that opened up your thinking, things that surprised you. I don't know, people that impacted you go to bed and it doesn't you know, have to necessarily be putting the person down. I say bad. It just you know, stuff like that and just really free flowing. But I guess maybe just started off like, well, first off, what even got you into starting the higher side of chats?
Speaker 14: Well, I was always kind of anti authoritarian and into conspiracies and even things like the Locknus Monster and Bigfoot and UFOs that gets you.
Speaker 15: Going when you're young. I like punk music.
Speaker 14: So I also kind of grew up in a repressive Catholic school environment in the Midwest, so religiosity was definitely there. Obviously it's an anti occult environment, but it's still in the mix. And I tried on atheism for a long time, and it was just like, you know, what if I think this is bullshit, if I think that it's wrapped up in a lot of nasty stuff with the Vatican and all this, well, you know, if I don't trust these people, maybe the whole thing is bullshit. And I think a lot of people eventually come out of that. Again, if you go through it, it's more about the environment you're in. It's more about the indoctrination of traditional, almost corporatized religion, and you don't have to throw the baby out with the bathwater. And I had to remind myself that little things happened when I was young that blew the doors off materialism, and I was conveniently ignoring some of those things. Like one of the craziest was when I was in about the preschool age. I didn't This kind of makes my parents look bad, but I did not wear my seat belt much. There were not car seats at least at this age, even though now I see people putting kids in car seats for a long time.
Speaker 15: But regardless, I was on my way to something with my mom and I.
Speaker 14: Had this inner voice say put your seat belt on, and it was incredibly aggressive, and for some reason I listened, and we were in a car accident. My mom got tea boned like five minutes later, and I would never forget that that was the reason why I didn't find it and why I wasn't even being asked to do it. And I think my parents just got sick of how stubborn. I was, and in this particular instance, this inner voice was so loud. I was like, that was definitely intuition, some guardian angel type thing. I don't know if that's the higher self, whatever it is, but I think a lot of us have telephone telepathy, or we see something strange looking at you.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's often in those early.
Speaker 14: Years, and then we might put it away and be like, well, I'm not going to hinge my entire worldview on the five seconds which I saw something that defied reality.
Speaker 15: Maybe I was mistaken back then, but I swung back.
Speaker 14: Obviously. I was into conspiracy and it's very adjacent. I always liked the David Ike flavor of conspiracy more than the Alex Jones angry patriot Texas thing. That didn't really resonate with me, maybe because it was too close to home the way I grew up, and I mean, my parents were very normal, which allowed me to be normal too. But outside of the confines of my home in the Midwest, in rural Missouri, Arnold, Missouri, you see a lot of stuff the parents of the kids are going to school with, you know, And I think that's great because some people were way more of the mindset that they were drinking the kool aid and still do and always have people I still like. But they didn't try on any other hats because in their house it wasn't tampered down at all. It was still like as intense as it was at school.
Speaker 3: So, you know whatever.
Speaker 14: But I think if you go into conspiracy long enough, it definitely crosses over into occult area as you start looking at symbolism. I saw an early documentary on marketing and just subliminal messages in marketing, and then that gets adjacent to magic. And it was guests like Gordon White who kind of recontextualized the sie effects and the telephone telepathy type of thing and said, no, that is magic. That is a product of a magical universe. And I think it's kind of a changing of the definition that made me feel like the world is more magical, and you know, the rest is kind of history.
Speaker 3: It's interesting, kind of I guess we shed a little bit of the same situation where it went from you know, kind of Catholicism Catholic into thinking there's something wrong with the church because of the conspirac season. Then I become an atheist, and then about five years later, I found myself in the Oto.
Speaker 14: I did not go that, Oh you no, I did, but his next magic really the big secret at the end of.
Speaker 3: That for me, my magical experience. Yeah, I think I was given some secrets, yes so, but not at the Oto. It was not wait oh sorry, did you sway? Stay? What did you say?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, you know that's the whole thing and the experiences that I had. There was no ritual done, no sex, and all I did was meditate. Did you see the Gnostic Mass? Oh, I've been in the Gnostic Mass plenty of times.
Speaker 14: Did you see the full apparently the real Gnostic Mass. They're banging.
Speaker 3: I've never seen anything else besides breasts. Oh yeah, grateful that, I.
Speaker 12: Thought, you said, Nick, You saw they always picked the big fat chicks to get up there and take their tops off, didn't they.
Speaker 3: Well, just from my experience, I mean, listen, I'm not breaking saying I'm God's gift to women, but I did not want to see any of those women naked anyways, keeping it real, don't get naked either, No naked. I figure out I was going somewhere with this I forgot. But oh yeah, yeah, there was there was no sex man. I I again, I mean I was only there for five to six years, only went up a few degrees. You have to go past the fourth, Like if the fourth you get shoulder taped to go pissed. So you know, maybe when you hit the fifth that's when all the weird shit happens. I don't know so, but that's yeah, my experience. But yeah, I kind of had the same thing. And like you said, did David Ike, I was much more into David Ike, Jordan Maxwell, Michael Tassarian. So like when I first started getting into all those people, there was nothing. I mean, I didn't have a choice. Really, I was gonna hear about ocultism and then you know, oh, I was just gonna say.
Speaker 14: Also, astrology is one of those early things that I just couldn't really dismiss the results of and the typical excuse that everything's just so broad and vague that you can apply it to yourself that didn't really resonate, And so that was just an other thing that's like, well, if this is true, then I have to change my worldview about what reality is. Synchro Mysticism too, another area where conspiracy and symbolism crossover and your entry level thought is that, well, maybe this stuff is just seeded into films by the people who are you know, the cast and crew. But some of it defies logic in that regard too, And then you're like, man, something metaphysical seems to be going on. And then maybe you start thinking about consciousness and big events that well up a lot of conscious energy. And then maybe it manifests through like a muse like way where someone has to write something in a film and they're like, well, I'm gonna put it as nine to eleven. Well why did you pick nine to eleven? Maybe it wasn't absolutely conscious, but there's just some deep echo in the back of your subconsciousness like this is an important date, so put it on Neo's passport. Who knows. But there's something about a lot of that stuff. So those are just some other components that I just think, if you haven't gotten rid of materialism yet, just look at some of that stuff and try to figure out.
Speaker 3: How it works in a material universe. I agree with uh, do anybody want to ask you any questions?
Speaker 13: I do.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hog at Greg's time or anything.
Speaker 12: But because you mentioned David Ike, you know, he's been scrutinized to like the max would you are you like a lizard people's person or are you like where where do you fall in the lizard spectrum?
Speaker 14: Well, I think this is David Ike. He He's even clarified a lot of those comments. So it's hard to separate, especially in a pre Internet world. When I was getting into David Ike, you have the actual person, their actual material, and then the cariature that society reduces it down to. And obviously with David Ike, he was reduced down to the lizard guy. All these elite are literal lizard people wearing rubber masks, and that's not true. That's again like the materialist viewpoint of what he's getting at, which I think if you take the metaphysical spiritual look at what David Ike says, which he even himself now would say, it's more like there's maybe some deep, deep bloodline represented by reptilian symbolism. Why is the reptilian symbolism there? Does it go all the way back to literal reptiles or has it always been symbolic. Mario is probably the guy to answer more of these questions, but I don't I think that that's a literalization of what he's trying to say, which is something more metaphysical. A lot of people, when they have a spiritual experience with something they think is alien, reptiles come up all the time. I don't think they saw Hillary Clinton as an iguana in their living room, but they saw something on the astraplane report presented as a reptilian energy, like a serpentine like energy. Yeah, and so I think there might be, if you go back far enough, a physicality to that somewhat. But I kind of think like uphology was trying to find itself in a material worldview initially. So what are these things? They must be humanoid creatures from another physical planet because they're not able to rope in the spiritual layer of reality. They can't have an explanation that changes that worldview, that fundamental worldview that everything's physical, Big Bang and everything. So if you're not going to have a spiritual layer to your reality, you get weird conclusions. And I think that's what the David Ike thing is is. I think he's very metaphysical and he's trying to explain things in a way that makes sense, and he says reptilian and people literalize it and say, oh, well, he means she's Hillary Clinton's wearing a rubber mask, and it's like that's a little silly. But is she attached to a spiritual arconic presence that is maybe riding her and even possessing her to a degree because it recognizes power and it is a reptilian energy. I think that's probably possible, probably even likely.
Speaker 1: Or like some kind of bloodline thing almost yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, I'm wondering that's a literalization too. But they definitely care about bloodlines. The leader obsessed with that, so you have to reverse engineer. If they care, then it's something important.
Speaker 13: And what is it.
Speaker 14: Well, there's this, there's all the Steiner stuff. When Steiner talks about blood, I'm like, that is your spiritual essence. So maybe it's splitting hairs talking about a reptilian blood line and a reptilian spiritual energy attachment.
Speaker 3: It's probably maybe.
Speaker 15: That's how it's connected in through the blood and the nakash.
Speaker 3: I think it's connected back to the garden, like you know, there.
Speaker 14: You go, Like I say, you guys know more than I do about a lot of this stuff. But these are the conclusions when I've you know, after fifteen years of asking guests, some things resonate and some don't. Some things you hear more often than others. And that's basically my broad viewpoint on how reptilians can exist and probably do.
Speaker 11: You, if I may, Greg, So you've said many times of what you heard from people. My question is directly to you and not to those people, to your personal experience. So, after all you've learned of the experience you accumulated, transforming that knowledge into some form of wisdom, how do you see reality, how do you conceive it to be today, and how it relates to consciousness and existence in itself.
Speaker 14: Well, I think I settle on the Soul school hypothesis that we come here to have physical experiences where fractals of the Godhead. We take thatperience back to the central supreme consciousness and fold it in.
Speaker 3: And I don't know why.
Speaker 14: There's a lot of explanations, like the basic one is that consciousness existed made a physical container for itself and that is only enjoyable to play through if you come in with no memory that you're God.
Speaker 15: And I think that checks out. That kind of makes sense.
Speaker 14: And if you push on the reality we have, then you can quickly find out it goes deeper, but you can go your whole life without pushing on it at all and just live a straight experience, you know, a straightforward physical reality experience, which is probably what it was somewhat designed to do. But I think it's, yeah, a realm of experience, which is what I think is really sad when so many other people I know don't fully dive in, you know. And that's where the conspiracy comes in, is I think so much of it is about capturing our attention and wasting our time.
Speaker 15: Like just jobs.
Speaker 14: Obviously number one thing to say that eight hours a day, you're going to sleep. Eight hours a day are gonna work for us, and then you get the other eight hours, but some of it's traffic. Then you're gonna have to eat, you're gonna have to get ready for work and shower and all this stuff. It really starts to get whittled away to Okay, I guess I have two hours in the evening to watch a fucking Netflix show and that's it. And so I think a lot of it is wasting people's time and keeping them from engaging in the experience. I don't know what the elite are exactly, if they hate God or if they're falling angels or something of that realm, or they just want to corrupt the experience as much as they can, so they do genetic tinkering and all this other stuff. But it seems like they're very spiteful of experience itself, and so I think that they have tiers of ways they attack it, and one of them is just like, have all these people waste their time in a numb state of baseline consciousness, never explore a snuff out their curiosity, and just neutralize what this thing is designed to do.
Speaker 15: And they do a pretty damn good.
Speaker 3: Job of that.
Speaker 14: I think we all know people who barely ever get off the couch outside of going to work and coming home in the evening. So I like the Sole school idea that it is a realm of experience and hopefully learning and hopefully progress. I don't necessarily have evidence of that part, but it just seems like why do it otherwise?
Speaker 1: That is so true, That is literally so true.
Speaker 12: I almost feel like before I started podcasting full time that I was like clinically depressed. I was working like twelve hour shifts at a hospital and I would come home and just like zone out almost, And it's the system is like set up to where you're just a cog and a machine and that's how you feel.
Speaker 1: Literally.
Speaker 14: I mean that's so true, especially the medical system, the way that they have people working those shifts.
Speaker 15: That's not necessary. There's definitely got to be a better way.
Speaker 14: But it is more closely to how you would structure psychological torture. So I think that the conspiracy comes in with the medical stuff, where they don't want anybody to wake up. They don't want the people working in the trenches to even have time to think about what they're doing. Just go, go, go, here's the book. This is what we do in this instance, and don't think about it. There is no variance. Take your orders from on high. We saw what that did a couple of years ago. But yeah, the medical one in particular is interesting, another realm where they don't acknowledge the spiritual at all, And there's all these new emerging health systems where they're looking at your emotional state. Have you buried some kind of emotional trauma in you that manifests this cancer later? Like you can't just cut and burn and poison everything out of a human body. So yeah, that's I empathize with being in that realm. They work in a psych hospital.
Speaker 13: They make us do twelve to thirteen hours, and then they turn around and tell us don't have any personal connection with anyone, don't don't try and relate to these people that are here for drugging alcohol abuse, and don't try and help them or hug them or touch them or do any of the things that might actually help them, because.
Speaker 1: Like, don't be their friend.
Speaker 12: God forbid, you'd be a nice sweet person to someone who's mentally fucked. Like come on, and you know, Heidi this with you working there too, I feel like you can agree with this because I, like you said, I worked like twelve hour shows too. You don't really get Sunday off either, because all day Saturday you're doing whatever. All day Sunday you're just dreading going back on Monday. So it's like literally a never ending loop of just like why the fuck am I doing this? Why the fuck am I doing this? And I mean, I'm so glad that I'm out of that. But for all those who are listening right now that are stuck in it, trust the way that you feel is the way you're supposed to feel about it.
Speaker 1: I mean it sucks something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh sorry, go ahead, all right.
Speaker 14: I was just gonna say, Julia mentioned depression, and I definitely think depression is a natural reaction to something that you're not doing in accordance.
Speaker 3: With your true will. Yes, I totally agree.
Speaker 14: Me and my wife had a real tough my now wife. You know, then it was early. She could have got out, but in the beginning she was like, you know, I have real concerns if we're gonna get raw, and honest, I have real concerns that you're never going to be happy unless this big hail Mary thing you threw, unless that works. And I was like, well, you're probably right, so let's hope it works, because you can't tell me to just change my attitude, just flip my attitude about this thing that is sucking up so much mental energy and physical time. As a store manager of game stop, yeah, you got the it's basically fifty hours a week plus track time. Then you have people who are paid such a low wage, they're all incompetent. You only have your choice of incompetent people to put in your store. So they're constantly calling you when you're off the clock too. It's miserable. You're making thirty five grand a year to run a two million dollar store. Your salary, the salary of the boss of the whole store is a small little line item. It's like not less than the tax is paid, probably, And yeah, sorry, I am gonna be miserable if I'm stuck in this because I can't just pretend that it's a good life when I'm gonna call to sack to nowhere in the retail ecosystem. Luckily it works, Yeah.
Speaker 12: Hours a week and you're still eating taco bell and wondering how the fuck you're gonna make it to the next paycheck. Like, think about that, it's such a slave system for real. You have time to shit in shower and go right the fuck back the next day, and like, its just I don't know, it's horrid.
Speaker 14: But then I also think about, like if it is a soul school, if reality is set up this way, like we really just in that dark city sense, we don't truly have a concept of anything that came before us or anything after. We're kind of the center of our experience. There's a story out there of what might have occurred before and all this, but you're really kind of just in the experience. And if that's true, maybe it is designed to kind of let these people. And that's been a thing that there was a thing called the Hidden Hand material It was on a form road.
Speaker 3: I remember that, Oh my god, God, any.
Speaker 15: Questions you want and I'll tell you.
Speaker 14: And they, basically as pypologists for the elite, were like, these people actually made a sacrifice to play the role of the bad guy in this system, because to have a good story there must be a villain. And part of that is you need to push through the difficulty and push through the depression and rise above it and change the circumstance. That is the nagging thing, you know, the stick in the ribcaid. It's like, hey, come on, do something, move move. And so I almost have learned now that I'm on the other side.
Speaker 15: Of it, it doesn't affect me anymore.
Speaker 14: I've learned to appreciate that stage of life and going through that, because otherwise I would not have been motivated enough to do what I do now. And maybe this is my true will to just at least create a stage for important voices and then put them up for the people, and I don't have to do much more than that then raise the curtain and turn the lights on.
Speaker 3: Maybe that is my role.
Speaker 14: I'm comfortable with it compared to other possible roles. But maybe I just don't hate it as much as I used to when I was stuck in it. I now appreciate the process of taking a person up to a higher level experience. So if you're in your twenties and you're kind of miserable, I think that's what the twenties are for, is letting that feeling fuel something better into your thirties.
Speaker 13: I know with mine, I choose to be where I am, and it's all about trying to focus on the people there to try and actually help them because my brother did pass of a drug overdose, and so that's why I chose to work there, because I thought, well, if I can give something back to these people, and I am constantly breaking the rules, so it doesn't matter anyway. Like you said, you can change your you can change your way about it, you know, be human, like give them humanity.
Speaker 3: Heck yeah, real quick, There's a few things I wanted to say, and then I did want to toggle in Robbie Marx because we can't have more than ten people, and we do have another cult reject here. We just couldn't fit them in. There was a couple of things I wanted to say. Those stuff that you said. One, doing your will, I totally agree with that. I honestly think if it may be hard at times what you're doing, but if you love what you're doing, I think you're doing your will. Again, it may be hard at times, but you're still going to love what you're doing. I totally agree. And when you had said something I think about, I guess kind of like your idea, I guess of the reality you really you nailed it on the head. It's like kind of the same thing that I've been trying to say. You just made it sound so much better. I guess maybe as an Italian, I like to use the spaghetti strainer. But like I always say that, I consider like you take a light bulb on the ceiling and you're like you throw the spaghetti strainer over, and then all those little pin dots or all of us having a separate experience from that one of the one you saw us. I like, yeah, yeah, so I do thing, and due to this, we're supposed to rise back up that light with the with the experience that we've had here and bring it back and maybe possibly come back with knowledge, you know whatever. That's getting a little bit deeper, but still it is very very well said. So I identify, you know, kind of identified with what you were getting at. And I was like, wow, I like the way he said that. But yeah, we're gonna Oh and then the whole thing with David Ike too, I totally agree, and I think I'm so happy that you guys are saying that. I do think David Ike, as silly as it sounds when he's talking about the reptilians from my experience due to having magical experiences, I do just me. I do believe I've crossed the Abyss and had that experience. I totally get what David Ike's saying. If I want to look at it in a gnostic occult sense, he's saying the same thing. These people, reptilians are just people that are able to cross the Abyss and come back, and those are the people ruling the world. I agree with that, So I do I do see it that way. I just think he it's a little bit harder to come out and maybe say that and still be popular. So maybe he, you know, tries to do it in a different way. I don't know, but I totally also.
Speaker 14: Think there's a big difference between how he started doing it and how he does it today. I mean, he wrote a book called The Trap recently, which I think it's like six hundred pages. Basically everything I said would be contained within that same framework, So I think I think his opinion and position has evolved as well.
Speaker 3: All right, Robbie Marks, we got you in so sorry about that, sir.
Speaker 16: No no worries at all. Yeah, Hey, Greg Carwood, how you doing. As I'm an artist, I do art illustrations. I do a lot of festival band type merch stuff like that. I've been an independent artist for going on thirty five years. And you know, when when we talk about this system of people just you know, as cogs in the machine, and they come home and they you know, they don't have any time for anything else, especially any kind of intellectual research. Me personally, being outside of the system and just doing nothing but research for the last thirty five years, you almost in a certain way alienate yourself from a certain subset of people. But at the same time, you have this creative motion of function where you're constantly producing and making output, and.
Speaker 1: And there's good years and.
Speaker 16: There's bad years, and you kind of sail through this sea over all this time. Do you find yourself constantly trying to reinvent yourself or are you happy with a general production level where you're at now? You know, I mean there's this constant struggle with you know, it's like sometimes, you know, after thirty five years of this, I say, you know, I want to run away and join the office because I worked twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. I'm always on call. It's just, you know, it's a whole different lifestyle, but your work becomes your life.
Speaker 3: Basically. Yeah, brass is always greener, as they say, but as they say, yeah, I kind of agree with that.
Speaker 14: When I was in Armenia with Graham Hancock on this research tour, my website went down and I was in Armenia with no signal and people are like, your website's just completely not there. And I didn't have people at that time to help, so I'm like, Okay, my flight's in six days. I guess I'll just hate the rest of this trip until I can get back home. And you know that stuff happens. Your website is your store and you're the manager, and you got to make sure it's always open.
Speaker 13: Ye.
Speaker 14: But yeah, in terms of evolution, it's funny because I am of two minds. Like I've said, it's a refinement process. Yes, I think I got better over time by learning on the air in real time as I had to go. It started as a comedy podcast where I wanted to talk to a group of comedians about conspiratorial topics.
Speaker 15: I quickly learned some of them.
Speaker 14: Are just here to get airtime and they don't care about these subjects at all, and the other ones are more focused on making jokes. This isn't exactly what I wanted. It's not getting deep in any kind of regard. But I was going through like Ari Shaffer, Joey Diaz for people who listen to comedy podcasts like That's who my early interviews were. And then I did Marko Tasari on I was like, Okay, this is way closer to what I would want to listen to.
Speaker 15: So it is a refinement process.
Speaker 14: Some people would close down shop and open up under a new brand and all this kind of stuff that's what people do today because they know a lucrative podcast is.
Speaker 15: And how it's all got to be like polished and tight.
Speaker 14: But I really wasn't like that at the time, And then I had people send me stuff where a couple other shows were like, hey, this, since mimicking your cadence and the way you do intro. So then I actually honed down into an exact process so that that kind of mimicry would be more recognizable, because now here's an actual formula that I use and I'm comfortable using it, and you know, I just there's so much vagaries around, like is this person stealing the cadence of this? You know a lot of people think Danny Jones basically took the exact Rogan model and then applied it to the stuff we're interested in.
Speaker 3: Sure anyone can do that.
Speaker 14: People have been talking to microphones a long time. No one has a true monopoly on that. But you don't like to see yourself copied or whatever. So I guess I basically to answer the question, yeah, it's been a prod a process of refinement, but also I tried to standardize what you expect from my show like, here's a polished intro that gets us in within two minutes.
Speaker 15: There are no ads or no sponsors. We're going right to the meet.
Speaker 14: I try to use the intro to get further downfield than just saying, so, tell me your thoughts on UFOs. It's like, no, that was in the intro. Now I want to know your thoughts. You know your level eleven thoughts on UFOs? You know what about these things that? So I try to use the intro to really, with a show that's broad, you kind of have to prep people, prime them for this topic this time because it does shift. But you caught me right on the cusp of moving to video. We could call it THHC TV because I think it falls well. But I'm still coming, like there's kinks to be worked out, but as of the first of June, it's going to be a video show.
Speaker 3: And that is largely due to the market.
Speaker 14: Like I see all these shows that have existed for half the time where posts don't even read the work of the guests like I do, and then they're rocketing past me. And it's because things evolve and things change, and I'm being dragged, kicking and screaming into video. I will get better at it as I go, and if I'm kind of starting over, But it's partly what I want, partly what seems to work. So I know growing up watching this stuff. I'm forty years old now, which is hard to believe, but I know a lot of guys I watched and they got passed up by podcasting. You know, why wasn't Coast to Coast am Why didn't it convert to a podcast? Guys like Jeff Rentz and Alan Watt, Like, there's a lot of conspiracy centric people. Even I love Clyde Lewis, but I might put him in that category. Two people who are like, we're doing radio shows, I don't care about this podcasting thing. Well, those people have had a hard time maintaining an audience in this ecosystem. So I have enough awareness to see that and then see like what we're doing here and seeing when I appear on other shows what it looks like. And I'm like, my appearance on another show looks better than my own show. This cannot stand and we must fix it. So I'm doing it from a studio. I'm trying to do it. I tried to do audio at the highest level I'm capable of. Its not the best show in the world, but it's the best show I can produce. And I'm gonna try to do the same mindset with video, and I will embrace and prepare for any other changes within this space except pretty much AI. I'm not gonna do the baby animated thing that people think is fun now.
Speaker 16: I think that that when you look at the whole process as far as you know, you've been doing this fifteen years now, and just the whole problem. I mean, it's an expansive process. There's gonna be times of dormancy and times of growth, and it's a developmental process, like you were saying as far as the refinement. But I find, even after all these years, the only factor that really bothers me is just getting old because I'm constantly coming into the newness and the refinement and you know, this just bringing it, trying to take myself essentially, you know, and I'm sure like you two higher levels of understanding and you know, creating more beautiful product.
Speaker 14: I agree, and AI is a little bit of a part of that. What I don't like is people using AI editing because it's just off putting to me. And this whole idea of, oh, just turn the person into an animated baby or an animated be a reptilian for this episode, and they can match and sync the lips up perfectly. But like, we don't need to do that, Like people are people, and it's okay to just look at the person speaking.
Speaker 15: But yeah, AI tools helped polish it.
Speaker 14: It's a little bittersweet because when I started, there were very few tools, so I was willing to learn the available tools and build things into my website, Like I built Patreon before Patreon existed, and it's in my website for just me, and then it came out for everybody and now everybody has it. So it's nice because I have Patreon too and some tools I do use, but not having those tools is what separated the people who are really going to go the extra mile from those who would get lazy and fall off. So it's made it easy for everybody else. But I definitely take advantage of some of those tools too, and having kids, it's like, yeah, anything to make it easier.
Speaker 3: AI.
Speaker 14: I'm not at the point and probably won't get to the point, like I'm always going to read the book.
Speaker 15: It's part of my process. It must happen.
Speaker 14: But now people who don't want to read the book can do an AI summary and act like they know a little bit more and invests just a third of the time. So that's frustrating for a person who's actually reading the book. But I don't trust AI to pull out that one line on page eighty nine that I want to ask about, because you know, you can't trust them to know the AI to know what's right. Will it get better, sure, whatever, But what I think AI is cool for is like I interviewed doctor Stephen Skinner, who I think most people know, and he's a scholar of Western esotericism and he's translated a lot of books, and I think that's amazing. When I interviewed him, it was like the first time I was like, Wow, there's still all this magical literature, occult litter and all these other languages that has not been translated because a lot of times or mistranslated because the people looking at it don't even believe in magic, so you get one word wrong and it doesn't mean anything. So I do think AI in that regard is really interesting. Let's put it all through. Let's ask chatch deeply at least get us a starting place. You know, you could take in a day a bunch of stuff that isn't translated. Anyone could as long as you have access to the initial digitized file of something, whether it's Latin or whatever, like play around with it.
Speaker 3: And we have now got tools where we can.
Speaker 14: Resurrect old rituals or old occult understandings that.
Speaker 15: Weren't meant for anybody else. Yes, yeah, you can do it instantly.
Speaker 3: I've thought about that because I've gone down to the bin Key Library that was in Yale, that's over in Yale, and like I've actually like touched like certain like Heimrikouonroth books and you know, like and taken pictures and videos of these things. I'm like, yo, if I could probably get somehow aid to like maybe like trying to trensk right that. Yeah, it's pretty impressive.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 16: I did see that they had an AI that was specifically working on the uh, the Sumerian clay tablets to translate, because there's hundreds of thousands of those, so you're just skiining them in and they have an AI that to actively translate. So we're gonna have some more you know, epic of Gilgamesh and kind of this library of Ashabonopaul that's gonna proceed to come forth that they didn't even know about in the late eighteen hundreds. As far as Yes America, you know.
Speaker 14: I would be a little careful with that stuff because you still have an interpretation from academia presenting something on Discovery Channel. This is the new understanding. It's barely different than the old understanding. But now we have it confirmed because AI now that's gonna be happening. But you can do it yourself. That's what I think is so great. And then you know, you could read between the lines, because I do think some of these programs have a neutrality to them, but some of also don't. You ask a lot of these programs what happened on nine to eleven? Might as well might as well ask Chris Wallace or Anderson Cooper, because they will give you their answer. You know, there's a consensus answer. That's what it's good for in those kind of situations, and then there's a you know, a more alternative answer. But I think with translations, that's so mathematical in a sense that I do think that you can trust it to get some things right. But they're going to try to shut a lot of that down. But yeah, you know you have access to it right now.
Speaker 3: Real quick, real quick. If you don't just getting real quick, I'm just going to remove Robbie, bring Julia back, and I think at LIASA did happen at Lisa did have a question real quick too, and then we'll get to somebody else.
Speaker 5: Yes, I wanted to build upon what everybody has been saying lately, and then what you had said right now, Greg. And then so over the years you have interviewed like an enormous amount of alternative researchers, do you notice any like metapatterns, synchronicities, something that points to a deeper structure within this conspiracy ecosystem.
Speaker 6: To use that word that you use itself.
Speaker 5: And then the second parts of the question is with all the fringe thinkers that you have interviewed and in this age of conspiratuality and to distill down even further these algorithm driven bubbles, do you see like a deliberate hypernormalization or is it all just like ontological paralysis rather than just plainal censorship.
Speaker 14: Oh man, well, some of that speaks to like I just did a live event with Gordon White, and the whole subject was the conspiracy canon. It was his idea. But how has the canon changed over time, like you know, like a film canon or whatever. And it makes you think a lot of it is just the impact of algorithms and the Internet, like you have to have the most explosive thing, not the truest thing, and you know, just to take it from the top.
Speaker 3: Back in the day there was JFK.
Speaker 14: You can bring it up to nine to eleven, but a lot of it's the CIA and the economic hitman type of stuff. Maybe a little eufology peppered in there, but there's a canon of a dozen or so events and subjects that people are looking at under the microscope, and that's it. You go to conspiracy Con in nineteen ninety five, that's who you're talking to, you know, minus the nine to eleven thing. Moon landing, yeah, might be included, But now it is all about the iceberg and like what's the craziest idea. It's not even about like what is the truth? It's like, what is the craziest thought I can have? And then how can I make that seem like the reality? And that's difficult because that's not exactly what I ever really wanted to do. I thought the truth was kind of crazy enough, But now we're talking about just all kinds of things I never thought would enter the conversation, Like people like our virus is even real?
Speaker 3: Is the past even real at all?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 14: Was there an extra thousand years inserted into the system? Was there a lost society of amazing architects who knew about the ether that have been wiped out of the history books And a lot of that can't exist because the system has been so highly controlled, And the further you go back, the more control. A lot of our history comes from, like three guys Scallenger and a couple of other monks in the Vatican basement, Like not exactly truthful sources. What do I know about Herodonis as a person? You know, like not anything? Did he genuinely just want to write down everything that happened? Or was he working for an empire that wanted him to write it a certain way? We should probably know because that's kind of the only source we have for a lot of things we take for granted. So I understand why that exists and we can't play with it a little bit. But it's a little disappointing that sometimes the people who get attention to the conspiracy spirit today, they're not really in it for the truth. They're more pranksters, and they're more trying. They are trying to ontologically shock people, but it isn't about there being a fundamental truth to what they're saying. In some cases, and not to name names, but it's just something we have to compete with. We have to try to be genuine and truth seeking and entertaining and actually explaining some thing to people, but also compete with ones who are just trying to be shocking, getting the best thumbnail and all that kind of shit. I never wanted to get into thumbnails and nonsense like that. I have one hundred thousand YouTube subscribers and it's just audio. I mean, that's pretty crazy, and obviously I'm going to pivot that, but it's just like now I can't even get five thousand people to watch a video. I don't care that much about YouTube because I don't do ads, so who cares. As long as people pay for the extended version of the show, that's what I am in the business for. But because it's not ad base, that doesn't matter. So I'm not really playing the chase the algorithm game. And also it's not genuine and I think that the worst thing I could do is like go in some disingenuous direction. But yeah, that's kind of some of the things that I think have changed, and it does make it tougher.
Speaker 9: May I ask as a follow up to that, there seems to be like a long time conspiracy theory theory if you will to where if you mention anything related to something conspiratorial that someone isn't familiar with, let alone use that phrase, they try to put you into a box. And kind of second part is this cultural phenomenon that now we're dealing with more frequently where there's like a trigger conspiracy where if you are rightfully angry at your own exploitation and step out of line, people will kind of put you into that same box as this conspiracy theory idea. I just wanted to ask what your experience has been with that.
Speaker 14: Well on the second point, the trigger, yeah, I definitely think so part of that is like the ignorance is bliss thing. A lot of people don't want to be confronted with the fact that they might not be happy living the life they're living, and so you see someone like I have friends like this at the time, they were working store manager jobs and they are happy or they seem happy, and I'm the one who's not.
Speaker 15: You don't always want to be around that.
Speaker 14: You don't want to be reminded that we're all getting to be thirty years old and we all run million dollar stores.
Speaker 15: And none of us can own a home.
Speaker 14: Guys.
Speaker 15: You know, that's the kind of.
Speaker 14: Stuff I would say at these regional meetings with other managers, and like, stop drinking the kool aid so much. If we're here next year, we all fucked up, guys, this is the year to get out of this. That's the kind of shit I would say. And some people were like, I like this guy, and other people really didn't want to be reminded that they shouldn't be happy in the situation they are because changing it is so hard.
Speaker 3: That's why.
Speaker 14: It's because you have a five percent chance of probably making it and getting out because the system is crafted that way. So yeah, people don't like that. But also the triggering kind of conspiracy thing makes me think of the archetype they would present to us in movies and TV, where it's like you're a paranoid, schizophrenic, crazy person, and that kind of enforces the idea, don't look at this stuff, just leave it alone, live your nice, comfortable, regular life where you have your brain intact. Because look at this guy. He went down a few two rabbit holes. Now he's going to the padded room on the funny farm. You know, those are the terms they would use. So even I think about the poster for I never even saw the movie The Number twenty three with Jim Carrey, but I didn't really have to see it. You just know from the marketing what was about noticing patterns and then spinning off in a crazy land, So like, don't notice patterns, guys, just stop trying to do that. So yeah, I think that it's partly the archetype they showed people to keep them from going down those rabbit holes. But then it's also people are willing to accept that archetype because they want to believe that that's not going to serve them better. And that's kind of when I started the show. I was like, well, if we're going to get a more accurate worldview out of all this, if we're going to get a better roadmap for how things actually work, then it should improve your life.
Speaker 3: In some way.
Speaker 14: I'm not saying we're going to change the system since has been going a long time. Empire is going to do what empire does. But how can you reorient yourself? How can you let it not affect you as much? Maybe you can dodge this bullet, but you get hit by these two. There's so many things going on, Like if you can just dodge some of the big stuff or know what you want, then you can start to get there. Know that you don't want to waste the time on the couch at night. It's not fulfilling to you. The job isn't fulfilling. You have to generate those earlier feelings that we talked about that something must change to then change it.
Speaker 3: So, but it's scary.
Speaker 14: It's just scary to even confront that possibility that you have to take your life in your own hands, because you just what if it doesn't work out? You know, I'd rather be at least safe here at home and unhappy than homeless or something like that, because you just you imagine yourself being just as unhappy but with less stuff too. It's like, well that's worse, I guess so, And the first thing you were talking about being put in the box and using certain terms are It's like, are you talking about Like if you even think that we should do safety tests, then you're an anti vaxer. Like there are those boxes that people get put into flat Earth. There's another one. If you think that there's just something up with the way NASA is presenting the larger system. We have this blue marble picture from the nineteen seventies. They said is a picture of Earth, but then they said it's not. It's a composite. And now Earth's an oblate speroid. But I've never seen an oblate spir speroid picture.
Speaker 3: Of the Earth.
Speaker 15: It's like, what is going on there?
Speaker 14: You know, just because you have some questions about how things are presented doesn't mean you're a flat earther. But yeah, this is the tendency. That's the way the mainstream marginalizes everyone. It used to be just the term conspiracy theorist in general, it is a CIA created term to be like, oh, that person doesn't go for the facts. They're a conspiracy theorist, dot connector down in rabbit oles, this and that. How you handwave of it and dismiss those kind of people, but there are now ones for basically each individual topic, which is interesting if you yeah, the anti vaxxer, the flat earther, now there's the germ theory thing, there's oh, you're a tartaria person.
Speaker 15: It's just it's all straw men.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 14: That's kind of classic dismissal if you don't want to confront something. But yeah, it's also nice to try to avoid making it easier for them to put you in those boxes, because the answer is to try to get to the nuance of certain points and then get people to think outside of their pre program box.
Speaker 3: They're the ones in the box, not us. Well said, did anybody else have any questions?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, appreciate Greg carl Well again, JJ Vance not.
Speaker 8: The vice president. Great to meet you, sir. I enjoyed hearing about your your journey there. I I would like to hear some of your thoughts maybe on some of the how your thoughts have evolved on some of these subjects you've covered, and notably in particular, loader a topic that I discovered from your show years ago on the work of Adam go rightly in your in your interviews and collaborations with him. The topic was Tuesday. Well and Julia, Julie and I recently uh got subjects.
Speaker 3: Wow, wow you really are going back probably deep cut?
Speaker 4: Yeah, deep cut.
Speaker 14: Well, let's just say about Adam go Rightly. I like and appreciate Adam go Rightly. He at a time when I I never really wanted to do the show myself, but I have. I had a couple of buddies that were gonna do it with me, and they just weren't as dedicated. So I was like, well, I guess I will do it myself. But then I started to have cycling co hosts. So I do a show every say Saturday, and the first Saturday would be me alone, second Saturday, this other guy, third Saturday, this other guy. One of them was Adam go Rightly. So he was on like every fourth show, and I'm way more interested in things like James Shelby Downard. Now, I don't really like the discordionism stuff because again, that's like a prankster thing. It seems like an early QAnon type thing. And the way Adam would write sometimes I'm like, are you just again like you don't believe this, It doesn't seem but you're writing it, so like maybe it's true, but you don't believe it, So like, what are we doing here? Like are you just trying to be provocative? Are you trying to entertaining or be truthful? But we had a little bit of a falling out. Not I wouldn't even say a falling out. I have no problem, but just a weird Twitter spat before the last election. And it just seems like he drinks.
Speaker 15: The liberal kool aid.
Speaker 14: And he went on a big liberal rant to me about like, oh, it's the right wing that's bad and blah blah blah, and like they're all politicians. Man, the pendulum swings both ways. You don't have to do this just because we're talking about an issue with corruption on the left. You don't have to say, well, what about the right. It's like, we're not talking about that right now, that's tomorrow subject. Today, we're talking about this side, okay. And it just seemed like he was not willing at all to confront the corruption that heads his own philosophical leaning party. It's like, come on, it's on both sides. So that was a little frustrating to experience. And I think he has worse feelings about me from that exchange. Than I have about him, because I don't take it all that seriously. I'm not super vested in one team over the other, but you know, it seems like he was. And another thing that has happened to me is people are so prepared for you to just become alt right. They just they've been primed, so they're looking for it. So when you criticize the other side, they're like, oh, this is the transition, this is how it happens. You know, all of a sudden, you're gonna be off there at Tucker Carlson. It's like, not really, but we have to be able to criticize both teams or whatever. But you know, Adam Gorighty, it's like, you're a guy who probably i'd say I'm pretty pretty sure, voted for Obama twice, voted for Hillary, voted for Biden, and now you're yelling at me on the internet because the people that head the left are being called into criticism. It's like, if you're just voting for the mainstream party and the mainstream candidates, Like, what are you doing in conspiracy research?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 14: Honestly, like, what are we doing here? You don't thought it was provocative? That's what you did.
Speaker 4: I thought you got very polarizing. Yeah, years ago. I didn't mean to.
Speaker 8: It was a deeper cut than I thought there, Greg, I apologized for bringing that up there, and we you know, I have a similar take on Discordianism and his writings. I like to I don't like to throw the baby out with the bathtub, and you know, regarding Discordionism, what I find interesting and something Heidi and I have been working on is this looking at some of the genealogy. You know, I'm a former Mormon, heid he's a former Mormon looking at some of this occult genealogy of folks like Parsons and you know, other folks within within the Mormon sphere as well, like Carrie Thornley. His entire family tree is pioneering Mormon families. And you know what troubles me is his associations with the Processed Church of the Final Judgment, because they certainly do act as similar to an offshoot of some of their operations within creating chaos. And Thornley just finds himself in around Atlanta, you know, around the similar process activities come nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I just I definitely tried that stuff out because of Adam and our friendship and if he is interested, I became interest. And then after a while I was like, I feel like I'm just wasting time here because I just don't know if anyone's genuine. I just had to put it down, shut down to figure it out. But it's kind of like a lot of the sixties stuff too. I just like, I don't I just don't know. Especially when you get into Dave McGowan. You just see how many of the artists were the sons and daughters of military intelligence, and you're like, absolutely, well that's an op that's kind of how it's to be.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite wheelhouse, Laurel Canyon.
Speaker 8: And that same pattern applies to Seattle grunch scene as well. So I mean it's it seems to be a circumstance. These these same patterns from the McGowan identified and Laurel Canyon seemed topplay elsewhere in music scenes.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and I wonder, like, what's up with the grunge thing. I guess the whole point was it grunges hippie adjacent. It's just like, you know, do heroin and be a slob and just don't care for me.
Speaker 1: Love Courtney Love. She's cias a motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Oh the whole movie CIA for sure, Absolutely.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Courtney Love. John Pittash does some great work on Courtney Love. And she was over in the UK selling drugs at festivals. Basically that's what a lot of these CIA plants in the music scene would do, is sell drugs in the festival scene and wouldn't get caught because they're connected. But apparently she went from that to being a groupie to being married to Kurt Cobain, So it gets weird. But now I think the big thing is it's crazy because I become an old man, I'm like, I can't believe what the kids are doing.
Speaker 15: But now you got like.
Speaker 14: Little Zan, Little Zan now yeah, corporate drugs being branded as the party drugs, Like, can't we at least stick to things that grow in the earth, like we're promoting xanax now it it's strange. And then the face tattoos, I think that is like the last thing you can do if you convince I mean there's other things that they seem to be doing to kids that are permanent too, but if you can convince someone eighteen to twenty eight to get a face tattoo like I mean, if the so one of my big conspiracy premises is that the things they do are really just to ensure they never have competition in the wealth game. If you want to cut the knees out from someone trying to climb a ladder of developing wealth and starting a business, get them to tattoo their face, because that's going to be very hard for them.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 1: But I want to look like Posts Malone.
Speaker 14: Exactly exactly Pete Davidson. You know all the girls love Pete Davidson. He's covered head to toe in tattoos and looks like a dupis. I should act like that and do what he does.
Speaker 12: I actually have a question for you that goes kind of along the Laurel Canyon thing. If nobody else has a question, I don't want to skip anybody's turn. Do you feel like the podcasting world right now is Laurel Canyon esque?
Speaker 1: Because I do. I feel like there's gatekeeping.
Speaker 12: I feel like only certain people can get to the to only certain topics can get there.
Speaker 1: You have to fit a certain mold.
Speaker 12: Now, it's like be a Christian conspiracy podcaster, do this, do that? Russell Brand, Joe Rogan hate to say it tinfoil hat. I mean, I'm just saying I feel like there's a moral Canyon esque behavior going on, and I wonder what your opinion of that is.
Speaker 14: Well, yeah, I mean, you're gonna get me in trouble. But I do think that that's happening, so agreed. The thing is that some people think it's sour grapes, like well, why am I not at the top of the charts and this and that, I'm no where I am in the charts. I'd never thought i'd be on any charts. And I make a really good living and I don't ever take AD money. I mean that there's no one. I can't think of another person who is as successful as I am without going into the AD infrastructure and has done it for fifteen years.
Speaker 15: So I'm pretty coming.
Speaker 1: I think that's admirable.
Speaker 12: But I do think there's a lot of like I don't know suspect to say the least with like what topics get big and like, yeah.
Speaker 14: Well that's driven that's driven by somewhat the AD revenue. And I'm actually talking to a guy tomorrow seven C's. He does these big webs of connections that shows Here are the major companies that advertise on podcasts. Here are the people who own these companies. Some of them are like Peter Thiel and Peter Too Technocracy and stuff. So you have these very people funding the brands that seem innoculous and innocent enough that are fueling podcasters to six and sec seven figure wealth. That's a big deal. So yeah, it's like it's definitely happening. And some of it is like probably a bit of networking. Like you'll have some shows where it seems like every week they're talking to some CIA whistleblower or military intelligence with blower. It's like, well, there's not that many of them to base your whole show on a revolving door of these whistleblowers. Maybe these are people who are seating a narrative in the alternative culture. It seems like that's kind of what's really happening.
Speaker 12: But Candice Owens gits me every time because I feel like she she like switched up, like halfway through her she was all trumping and now she's talking to like XCIA, and like she has some good episodes, and I like some of her research. Don't get me wrong. I'll listen to an episode or two. But I just think that, yeah, I mean, it just seems like Russell Brand is like that everybody's coming out as a Christian or everybody's coming out. It's like this is the thing to talk about. And I wonder how if they're genuine, you know, I hate disingenuine podcast hosts because it's like I want to learn something from you, I want to like you, but you make it fucking impossible because I don't know if you're if you have any integrity.
Speaker 17: You know what I'm say right, everybody, everybody knows this is my big like whistle to blow within the podcast community, I think, and I get some fair backlash for it, But if you want to know the fruits of people's labors, why don't you watch?
Speaker 13: And then on top of it, if you aren't bought in, like what Greg's saying there about like who finances who?
Speaker 3: I always look at stockholdings.
Speaker 13: I always look at all this stuff for these big corporations, like who's playing in Who's field?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 13: And then genealogy, As JJ said, you either butt your way in or your blood your way in.
Speaker 3: And that's the only two ways there is, especially.
Speaker 14: In conspiracy pot or I'm sorry. In comedy podcasting in particular, it's hard to find a comedian podcaster in the top ten that doesn't have something going on.
Speaker 15: Usually just really rich connected.
Speaker 1: Parents, you know, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 14: Brian Callen gets it all the time because Brian Callen dad is a CFR think tank banker guy. But it doesn't just stop there. I mean there's other ones that have hedge fund manager fathers. And Theovon's dad was some Polish aristocrat. It's like theovonn you know, you can't that's the other thing. You can't control what your parents did. You're born into this life. You're born into the skin you're born in, and you're born into the family you're born in, and that shouldn't stop you from doing whatever you want to do. And if your parents give you a little seed money, I don't think that's bad. So I don't really have a problem with that. It's about it if you're using it to you know, do information, you know, disinformation filtered out through your podcast.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 14: But then the thing is is like Theovon's got this dad right, who is a Polish aristocrat, and you can say, well, his dad was like something crazy like seventy when THEO was born or something really crazy like that, and so he didn't really even know his dad very well. But there might have been some benefits and some effects, but he probably just wanted to grow up with a dad. And now the internet's raking him over the coals for this. But on the other hand, he is interviewing Trump. He's interviewing the president. So what's going on here, because it seems like those connections do management interviewing the president, well, he already did. Oh fuck, he did a three hour interview with Trump before he got elected, and right before before Rogan did even.
Speaker 4: Comedy store.
Speaker 1: There you go, JJ, I want to like these people, but there's just too much.
Speaker 14: I don't know if I would lump Sam Tripoli in there, though. I mean, I know you, I heard you mentioned him. I was a little nervous.
Speaker 3: I was like, is this a gootcha?
Speaker 14: Because I think that the occult rejects and and and Sam had a dust up.
Speaker 15: I don't know what it was about. I just know he's been nice to me.
Speaker 14: He let me live out some fantasies of performing at the comedy store that I had no business doing.
Speaker 15: But now I can at least write it off like I did do that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I've met him a couple of I mean, I don't have anything against him or anything like that. I just as a conspiracy theorist in this realm, you have to question everyone, like even any of us, you know.
Speaker 14: But if we're talking about like who has had an advantage by being connected through the system, I don't know if Sam conforms to that model. I don't know his parents or anything, but he strikes me as someone who has just been putting in the sweat equity at the comedy store for years and years, and then podcasting happened and he transitioned, and yeah, he does a bunch of ads, he sells memberships, he does everything he can do to make it a career. He's also dealing with the LA scene and like what that whole culture is. But I feel like he finally had his energies and efforts pay off in podcasting, and it was only maybe not paying off so much or getting him to the middle of comedy, or he was doing more of like putting shows together rather than like being that. I don't know exactly, but it seems like comedy itself was a lot more lucrative for a lot of his friends than him and now, and that's what I'm thinking. That's what I think. If we're trying to assess like who is connected, who is disingenuous, you know, who is using Daddy's network to funnel Think Tank guests through to the airwaves. I don't put him in that category. But I mean I also have probably picked him bad. I think I have a pretty good picker. But there's definitely times where after reading a book and not wanting to cancel, I'm like, shit, I don't know if I buy this narrative or not.
Speaker 15: I have a problem with being two nice nice.
Speaker 14: So sometimes people will come to me with a pitch and I just don't want to say no, and I'm like, yeah, we can do it.
Speaker 3: Now, a show like Sam or a show.
Speaker 14: Like a lot of other ones that are AD supported, you just say yeah, let's do it, because you can always do another one. I'm in the business of selling five good interviews a month, so if I give three of those slots to people who pitched me, and then I'm like, an, this is kind of milk toast, I still got to do it, And that's in my thing.
Speaker 3: I didn't make it.
Speaker 14: I mean, I can't say I didn't make any money from that show, but it's it's the same as just another SATVA AD supported show.
Speaker 15: Another better help support your ad.
Speaker 8: Yeah, sure to build a punk if I might had a caveat on the weird scenes inside of the Comedy Store and in the dust up you previously mentioned there, Greg, Yeah, I wasn't trying to redust up anything. There's a good analysis. They were good assessment. But what I was referring to is the fact you got all these major if you're a comedian in Hollywood for many decades, the shores, the folks who ran the Comedy Store for many years, shores folks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they gave the.
Speaker 8: Green light if you were getting on a Hollywood camera in front of the camera as a comedian in any film, like you were getting green lip by the shores, Right.
Speaker 4: That's kind of kind of the way I look at the weird scenes aspect to it.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 14: I mean Sam brought that up in the interview I did with him, as he was like, think about the He didn't get too deep into it, he was a little vague, but he did say, like, think about that culture, all the heavy hitters going back to like the Eddie Murphy Robin Williams days, like everyone who's anyone is there at the comedy store. You think that it wasn't infiltrated by intelligence And he kind of left it at that, but yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to build upon that with what Jay you said and what you're saying, it's almost, like you said, disingenuous. We see a track record of the Alphabet Boys and intelligentsia infiltrating every single faction of culture and influence, and so it would be somewhat educationally naive to not think that they have not infiltrated, especially the conspiracy realm, especially the bubble. And on that whole premise, do you think that potentially that the conspiracy algorithm bubble is kind of like an mk ultra spillover and that they're programming people through these conspiracy targeted I guess podcasters, and that they're like like a psychotronic layer that's being exploited by statecraft. It goes well beyond data mining. But now you've taken the projects that happened in Harvard or in Stanford or in Eslain, and now you've gone global.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I don't know how much it applies to conspiracy podcasting as much as just the Internet and social media in general. Obviously we're all participating in that to promote every show and every venture that people have, But yeah, I think social media was kind of designed out of that. I interviewed this guy Schwab a couple of times, and he's gone deep on early cybernetics and just early computer gaming and how it was psychologists and behaviorists logging data, watching patterns, seeing how minds react to this and that, and that's all like stuff from the eighties. All of that is the data that gets used today even still. So yeah, they're constantly refining in the conspiracy world. I really just think it's the thing that's the biggest problem is when a big show would have someone on for a topic that should be more in my lane, they kind of dip in and out of the conspiracy lane every once in a while, and they promote a given person and their perspective and their books and their narrative. And that's a little frustrating because to a common person it gives the appearance that like, oh, they'll go wherever the story, they'll go wherever they need to go to get the truth and it's like, I'm not sure that's exactly what you're watching. But I said, I have gotten it wrong before too. I know I've picked guests that I wouldn't have on again.
Speaker 3: Sometimes.
Speaker 14: I also think, especially in the early days when there weren't as many podcasts, sometimes there was just value in having on a person who maybe is connected and like giving them enough rope to hang themselves with it. They say, you could look at my early comments section be like, man, I actually think I trusted this person when I only saw them on ancient aliens or only heard them in ten minute sound bites one hundred when you ask them deeper questions about their work and let them go for a full two hours. Now, I don't think I had liked this person anymore or trust that they know anything.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad you said. Yeah, that doesn't happen as.
Speaker 15: Much these days. But it had a value for a certain amount of time.
Speaker 12: I can imagine it was slim pickens there in the beginning too. As long as you've been doing it.
Speaker 3: It's harder now.
Speaker 14: Back when I was doing it, nobody was asking these people for interviews. They were jumping out a chance to be interviewed on a show that sound like shit and wasn't full of ads. Now, part of the reason why I'm pivoting to video is I have liked to present guests as best as I can through the audio quality, the intro, this and that, the audience size, but that video component is missing, and so I think it's harder to separate. It's harder to see what's special about my show without being able to show someone a video component if they're not already familiar. When there's thirty other people asking for interviews and lyning about their numbers, usually you know, so many people just say, oh, I got a million listeners. It's like you don't, because there's only so many people that do.
Speaker 15: I don't.
Speaker 14: Even so you know, you're in the top one percent of one percent of one percent, and I've never heard of your show. It's possible, I guess, but I have kind of had my finger on the pulse of this place for a while. So you're competing. You're trying to get an interview with someone who is in high demand, hearing kind of manipulated numbers from other people and having a video presentation where they're like, oh, well that.
Speaker 15: Looks pretty good. People are vain.
Speaker 14: They want to look good, they want to be presented well, and if all I have to show is audio, it's a little hard to show how well they'll be presented in that audio format. So it's another reason to pivot is I think I might go back to being able to get any guests I want, whereas right now I get more nose than I used to get. I get more knows today than I did years ago. And I think it's just the volume that shocks me, the volume of people asking.
Speaker 10: And are you finding all of these guests yourself or do you rely on or do you have an assistant or anything else that's trawling the boards and stuff, because that's a ton of work. If I interviews a month and then reading their material or catching up with their videos and stuff like that, that's a lot.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that is the part of the job. I've never outsourced. I outsourced the editing. I outsourced the clips. I have a team who makes social media clips, and you know how everybody's using the same AI little clip making things now and I'm like, you guys, go ahead and make them post them.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 14: But other than that, I've never outsourced anything. It seems like that's the thing that can't be outsourced. I must, But like I said, people do pitch me and then I just don't want to say no.
Speaker 3: I can't. Mario has been on.
Speaker 14: I can't remember if I reached out to you or you reached out to me first.
Speaker 3: I know you were familiar with me, which is the best.
Speaker 14: The best is when I reach out to someone cold and they're like, I've listened to you for ten years. Oh great, so I don't have to make my pitch anymore. Let's just do a good interview. And it's like I picked them and they know me already. That's great, But I can't remember who pitched you.
Speaker 10: But yeah, you reached out to me, and it was exactly that. I was like, oh, dude, I've been listening to you for like a long time.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's the best. But I get emails every day of it's usually from the same like pr formatted interview of like we love what you're doing at the higher side, chats, we want to introduce you to this person, and it's like almost always I should just say no to those, just on principle, like just don't just say a blanket no and go find your five each month.
Speaker 3: You know, it's really a big deal.
Speaker 14: I see in the chat someone wants to talk about Twiman, which I don't mind talking about, although it does get me in trouble because I don't choose my words carefully and sensitive subjects.
Speaker 3: People don't like you to just wing it.
Speaker 18: Yes, Oh well real, real, real quick, real quick, Robi, you want to know about Actually, could Robbie just go first before we get into that, because I didn't forget on the screen for that.
Speaker 14: Well.
Speaker 16: I was basically going to follow up on exactly what Lisa was talking about in regard to this, as you you know, you go back to the World's Fair and there was the Nimrod Ferranti first digital computer. It was a gaming computer and they've slowly worked it, you know, and then you get into Norbert Wiener and cybernetics, and you just follow this up into the modern you know, DARPA and everything that's going on. And it seems that since MK Ultra kind of had congressional hearings and they kind of went underground on a certain level that you know, with MK search and MK Naomi and all these various projects that you know, when you look at like, you know, various streaming platforms like Netflix bringing back the rested development, and all of a sudden, everybody's on a commune and they're eating mushrooms, and then you have the introduction of like, you know, weeds, and granted, you know, marijuana is a different level, I think when you get into some of these higher psychedelics. But at the same time, it seems like within the popular vernacular, very much like with at the end of the Vietnam War, how they were pushing tune in, turn on drop out through Yale marketing to basically capture these protesters and take them away, empowering the government per se. On a higher level, is there a conceited effort maybe to initiate the population as a whole into psychedelic culture, into this occult kind of thinking, into conspiracy culture or is it art imitating reality or reality imitating art? And it's kind of a vicious circular thing that just kind of is expansive within the natural thing, you know.
Speaker 3: I think it's a great question.
Speaker 14: I have a lot of questions about that myself, because I do find psychedelics to be something that breaks you out of the materialist programming, and it's been hugely beneficial to me. I would say the category of marijuana, mushrooms, and basically in ayahuasca.
Speaker 15: I would put those three things in a box.
Speaker 14: I've never even I've done LSD a time or two and people love it and they say it's very mushrooms adjacent, but it is synthesized in a lab That kind of freaks me out a little bit, like what is the true agenda behind it? But really, I think anything that breaks you out of your rut and your programming is good.
Speaker 3: But yet they are promoting it for sure.
Speaker 14: I was talking to one of my return guests, Kris Knowles, about this one time, and he started talking about how he's getting these emails about so and so university wants you to come participate in the study mushrooms and or at least donate to it, and this is happening, and he's like, why are you being so nice to me?
Speaker 3: And I just thought that was a.
Speaker 15: Great way to phrase what he's talking about.
Speaker 14: I just like, something's going on here. You're you're being too nice to me, You're talking about this too much. It just doesn't feel right, feels like an op so it's pushed exactly and I don't know why, because I thought the game was kind of to keep people in the materialist box. It could just be for that that whole hippie movement thing like let's get people distracted and navel gazing, so that it's another form of not doing anything but feeling like you did something. You know, we're so programmed to such a finite level that even just having a level one Level two awakening takes people ten years to unpack, and life is only ninety years if you're lucky.
Speaker 16: So and that's the thing. You know, You've been going through this material for fifteen years. You know, when I was thirteen, fourteen years old, I was reading Robert Anton Wilson, William Burrows, Carlos Castaneda. You know, so I've been marching down this road for like forty years. And philosophically, in the long run, it helps you cut the truth from the lie. It helps center. But for people just coming into it, I know at times when I was coming up that you know, you get you get caught in these you know, Discordianism, or you get caught in you know potentially you know, like Buddhism or any of these various things you kind of spin off into.
Speaker 1: And you become a juggernaut for that force.
Speaker 16: Unpotentially you know, you know, and and so it's like it's like just a bigger picture that is a long road that a lot of people really don't understand in regard to getting caught in these ideas, which I think is where the fault is within all of this stuff.
Speaker 3: Really, you know, yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 14: Uh, I don't know exactlyactly why they're promoting mushrooms in particular is the one that I just find to be odd. Maybe they're gmo mushrooms are going to introduce and they've done something that sends you off into another direction or melts your mind in an unproductive way. It's just you can't deny that it's there. And the whole microdosing trend, I don't know what that's about. I think the point of mushrooms is to have a heroic experience, as Terrence McKenna would say. But I can't say micro microdosing has no value. I mean, I used to get high in the parking lot before going in to do my job because it just helped me cope with it. I think some people use microdosing like that, but other people are like I get my best ideas this and that, so I try not to judge it, but you can definitely see it being pushed and we'll know later why.
Speaker 3: It's often how these things work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the venture.
Speaker 15: As therapeutic, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 14: And it's the same universities who are involved in mk ultra that are now doing their mushroom studies and this and that.
Speaker 15: It's definitely raise an eyebrow.
Speaker 13: We're seeing a lot of mental breakdowns from the mix of pot and mushrooms, and I'm talking full blown psychosis for upwards of a year now, and we're seeing this constantly, specifically with dab and mushroom.
Speaker 14: Oh I'm so glad you said that, because that's what I was thinking, because I do know a couple of people who dabs became their daily ingestion of marijuana and it did not go well. They spun off, lost their jobs, stop paying their mortgages, lost their homes.
Speaker 15: Just decision casualty.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Like I just always say, like, does is it serving you? Is it doing? Like for me, marijuana serves me pretty well. It might not always now, it just serves me in the evenings to me and my wife are like, well we got through another day with these kids, Like now they're asleep, Now we're relaxing, and we'll start again tomorrow. But like that's something that I feel like I earn at the end of the day now. But I definitely don't have the permastone lifestyle I maybe once did, And obviously you can overindulge in anything.
Speaker 3: Well, I think they're tainting it. I think you're right, I think sometimes for sure.
Speaker 16: Well, also there's when you get into Hourly and looking at his background and the chemical research that he was involved in. One of the substances that they tried to introduce later was the substance STP that basically when you take it, it's like LSD, but it wrecks you for like weeks on end, and like people don't come back from it, you know. So there it's you know, it seems nefarious, But at times I think maybe they're just trying to eradicate the populace to the point where maybe they're spinning off people that are more inventive and thinking outside the box more so that we have more expansive possibilities. But at the same time, I've seen the destruction that a lot of this stuff has caused over the years, and it's you know, worriesome.
Speaker 3: So yeah, a lot of it is a numbers game.
Speaker 14: They introduce something because they know X amount of people will burn out on it, and they'll the ones who get through, they'll find another challenge for those people. If it isn't just the economic burden that we're under, it'll be something else.
Speaker 2: I actually had a.
Speaker 7: Quick question, Greg, how do you personally reconcile rectify perhaps the current state of how the conspiracy community or the conspiracy canon maybe is a more interesting metafictional way to sort of frame it. It's very decoherent, and how do you define the contours of the truth what that means for both yourself but also like as you were saying, like what guests you have on like, how do you decide and what sort of gives you the framework maybe ontological framework to define what you think the truth is and how you to present your vision and your show.
Speaker 15: I mean, it's a good question, and it is a case by case basis.
Speaker 14: I suppose on a lot of subjects, but I usually cite the line in the the theme song for the show, which I wrote, is we know they're lying to us.
Speaker 3: We don't know to what degree.
Speaker 14: So you know, I might go to an eight on a certain thing, but I've never really closed off from the upper levels. It's just, you know, because I've been burned before. I think we've all been like, no, I'm super sure about this one thing, and then you're presented with new information You're like, wow, I'm changing my mind about that.
Speaker 15: I never thought I would.
Speaker 3: So that's why I.
Speaker 14: Try not to get too attached anymore. But I think that some things go to a level of silliness. And you know I say that now I hear myself saying it, and it's like, well, you know, we throw out an example of it.
Speaker 15: The mudflood stuff doesn't really resonate with me all that much.
Speaker 14: But then I'm sure there's people on this call who are like, what, Like, that's my old bread and butter, the mud flood. There's definitely areas where you can see that buildings go down like they have been buried on that first floor. Sometimes there's an explanation for it, like the earthquakes that happened in San Francisco. Sometimes there isn't an explanation for it. The World's fair stuff is really interesting.
Speaker 3: I have lived in.
Speaker 14: At least two of the major places. Saint Louis, and I mean Saint Louis, Chicago and San Diego are all big World's Fair cities, and all of them have buildings which the official story says these buildings were built quickly just for the World's Fair, with the intention of being taken down afterwards, and they're still there, and they definitely are made of real building materials. These aren't paper mache buildings.
Speaker 1: So Chris and shit like that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and you can kind of start to put together a romanticized version of the past where no, they did know about the ether, and they did know about energy, and these cathedrals were built to well up energy and this and that. I want to believe some of that stuff, but I don't know there's much of a record of it at all. But then they control the record. So can you really wipe out something absolutely? That's really what you have to wrestle with. I think, can can something like a whole civilization, a whole empire be completely wiped out? There's a druidic erasure that people talk about, but we all know the term druid. No one knew the term totaria until like five years ago, so I don't know, it does get to be a slippery slope. I try to never close the door on anything as long as it sounds like it could exist within the framework of a soul's school reality that has pretty flexible physics. That's what I think this is. So most things are on the table. I just try to I guess I try to be honest about if it's speculative or if we have a pretty good case to make. That used to be the whole way I would structure the show is here's the person who wrote a book book on Laurel Canyon being in operation. Let's have them. I'm going to help him make the case. I've read the material, I'm familiar with it. Sometimes it's complex. Sometimes authors aren't the best speakers. I'm here to help synthesize this complex material for the layman, and you make up your own mind how good a case we made when the interview is over, and sometimes like sometimes it's ironclad. Sometimes it changes the way you think about something forever, and other times you're like, huh, if those are the best arguments for that, then I think.
Speaker 3: It's a little flimsy.
Speaker 14: And that's just kind of the general approach, I would go about all the stuff we look at.
Speaker 10: I'm just kind of curious in terms of what resonates with your audience. I know you've gone through multiple eras. I don't know how many, you know, fifteen years. That's a long time in the world of the internet, you know, Yeah, but like what really clicks with people, what gets the most engagement and stuff like that, and maybe also to what gets the most engagement and what resonates that you didn't think necessarily would, what surprise you in that regard.
Speaker 14: Well, what resonates that doesn't surprise me is like synchro mysticism stuff and really stuff adjacent to what you do. I think people love to see those examples. So first, I always say that I think a lot of us get into conspiracy because there is a charge that you get from your first like crack in an official narrative. You're like, WHOA, something didn't look right about that. But now I saw a documentary that showed me what it really was, and that that has changed my life. Now if everyone could just watch the documentary, we'd be.
Speaker 15: Able to fix it.
Speaker 14: That's where it all falls apart, because you have people in your life who won't even look at it, and when even ones who do, who definitely won't go there or change their worldview at all. So the charge thing, I think that charge starts to wane over time. It's hard to get that charge again. It's hard to really blow your mind with a totally new subject. But what does it for me is synchronistic examples, because there's many of them, and you're just like wow. The first atomic test is called the Trinity test. It's on it's in Truth and Consequences, New Mexico. It's on the same parallel as this and that, Like you build a case. It's like, wow, that is a much weirder event. And then you cross over into pop culture and media and examples that pre date this and that and the foreshadowing. The Lone Gunman example with nine to eleven is a great one. The Loan Gunman, for people who don't know, was an offshoot of The X Files and the pilot episode. They lay out a plan for nine to eleven and then they just pulled the episode.
Speaker 15: It's like, well that happened. It's like, yeah, I mean, what's going on?
Speaker 14: Are the writers of the reality script the same as the Hollywood writers? I don't so those examples because they keep coming up. I think are fun, and I think people resonate with it because they like what excites the host. I guess, you know, we're on this journey together. If I'm excited and enjoyed, then sure. But I think the surprising one probably is the health stuff. Like somewhere along the line, I pivoted away from the naive thought that if we could just tell everybody and get more numbers, we could topple this system and everybody live in a much better reality and a utopia and this and that, and then I eventually was like, oh, no, that isn't really what you do. You learn about this stuff so that you can live a better life as an individual and the people around you, and be a better example of how a better understanding of the deeper world can serve you in a good way.
Speaker 15: And through your example, you buck.
Speaker 14: That trend of conspiracy theorists looking like paranoid tinfoil hatters in a bunker somewhere.
Speaker 15: You know, Actually, no, I'm living a pretty good life.
Speaker 14: And you know, COVID was great for that because I even I mean, I'm not going to dig through it, but I have I have some pieces of art around that kind of really did the whole that signify the meme that was going around at the time, really, which is like, here's a conspiracy theorist and it's just like a family having dinner. And then it's like, here's a person who you know is a logical, mainstream thinker and they're like wrapping themselves up in plastic bags while swimming, and it's like, yeah, it flipped the script COVID did. It was like, oh, the conspiracy theorist is the person who's just living their life, not in a state of fear and panic, and the regular person the norm me as they say, is like going to clarinet practice through a bubble and the stuff that you were seeing everywhere.
Speaker 15: So that kind of flipped it.
Speaker 14: But I like to try to flip the archetype of the paranoid conspiracy person by living a better example talking about this stuff without screaming and shouting like Alex Jones might.
Speaker 15: And I don't know, I kind of lost the thread there, but.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 10: No, you brought up COVID, and actually I'm just curious. Was COVID a boon THHC.
Speaker 14: For a time? Yeah, for a time, so part of the reason I'm doing the transition to video is numbers have dropped off a little bit, and I don't I'm not in any trouble, not that big of a deal. I don't even pay attention to the first hour numbers because I don't do ad so I don't get anything from it. It's just a feeder for people who want to get the deeper experience for eight bucks a month. But the free show numbers have dropped since twenty twenty two, and I think there's a bunch of reasons. I think COVID is a big reason. So people say across the media landscape, we were all stuck at home with nothing to do but consume media. Everybody's numbers went up and then they slowly went down a little bit when people got out of that. The other thing in podcasting in particular is that Apple changed their metric system. They used to auto download all these shows for people, and that would be a hit, and a lot of people have said when they when Apple flipped the switch, their numbers went down twenty thirty percent. Why not even that, I'm not even in that big of a sit a bad of a situation. But a couple of these two things together are happening within the same year. And then add the fact that I'm not on YouTube anymore really and I'm not doing video. I think all those things contributed to my numbers being down. But since the peak, which was probably twenty twenty two, I probably had the best numbers of my whole time in podcasting between twenty twenty and twenty twenty two. I think that's probably common that. I think a lot of people would say that interesting.
Speaker 10: Also the competition, so a lot of people stayed home and probably started podcasts.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that's a whole other factor.
Speaker 2: Okay, Greg, I have got a quick last one.
Speaker 7: I was told to make sure I get it in, so I'm going to credit Lisa for bringing up the idea of meta theology.
Speaker 15: So I want to ask you, do you are you.
Speaker 7: Hyper Uranian closed model of the universe believer or perhaps a transpout tony in open expansive infinite in its expanse universe enjoyer.
Speaker 14: Man, I you're talking over my head, but if you're basically asking is it a closed system or an open system? I do think that's like a really fundamental question, and people I admire thinkers, I admire and have both opinions. Gordon White's been on the show a bunch more than anyone, really, but we did an episode where he made his case for that and said, like, the Earth is more like a reef if you scale it up. There's a cosmic ocean and Earth is just a shore on that ocean. So he has like the it's an open system mindset, and in the time since then, the closed system has become way more popular. It's obviously the flat Earth is a closed system. But even if you're not flat Earth, you might believe in the Van Allen radiation belt, you might believe in some kind of dome.
Speaker 15: You might think the rockets don't go anywhere, So it is kind of difficult.
Speaker 14: Like with the rockets thing, that's kind of the where I look for, is it an open or closed system? And I think when you watch the rocket launches and you watch them to the end, it looks like they hit something or they spin out, Like if you look at a drone shot a bird's eye view of a speedboat in the ocean and the wave pattern it makes behind it when it changes direction.
Speaker 3: That is what I see with these rockets. I don't see them slowly fade out of view and like go off in the space. They seem to like do a.
Speaker 14: Thing where they create a huge disturbance, as if they're going through water, and that's just an observer thing. We know, we can't trust of the observer effect one hundred percent, but in this world it's something to go on. But then it's like, so it seems like things come into the system. And that's where I kind of get this. Like a lot of my guests recently have been using.
Speaker 3: The term realm.
Speaker 14: They just say realm to get past flat earth, round Earth thing. And I like saying realm because I do think in kind of the older models, the Greek model of stacked realities, like you go up to a spiritual plane, like what is up?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 14: I don't really know, but it seems like there are higher dimensional intelligences that we have communications with. They're somewhere. They're not in this system exactly, but very close to it. The next system over, which seems to be described as higher in some form or fashion. And so I think I'm I think I'm an open system. Probably it could be a closed system, but a much bigger one than it's presented as. Okay, well, I have a follow up for you, Greg, since I want to know where you are on open or closed system.
Speaker 7: I'm an open I'm an open system. I believe in the infinite capacity for loving kindness. Personally, I'd argue with that, Yeah, sure you because I followed Dharma, so you know I'm serious about it. I may have that discordan that trickster sometimes personality online, But the way I present my show is it's a serious, speculative show. So I treat it maybe the opposite way that you do, but I think maybe in the same polarity.
Speaker 14: I would I would describe mine as as serious and speculative.
Speaker 7: I think you're serious, but I think you you really go for the material and I and I really look for the seed and sort of play with it. That's sort of how I approach it. I mean, I'm not saying it's definitely, it's not opposite.
Speaker 15: To you at all, just I mean your best.
Speaker 2: Well, I have a follow up for you Hyperspace Kingdoms and the pink Ray. Where do you fall on those things?
Speaker 14: Hyperspace Kingdoms and what was the other one?
Speaker 2: And the pink Ray?
Speaker 14: I don't think I know what the pink ray is? Is that the thing people are seeing in their dreams.
Speaker 1: Philip K.
Speaker 16: Dick saw the pink ray.
Speaker 15: Oh okay, I that's but yeah, but is that a Jenuflex then.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I mean it is from Jenny Flex, but she was not the first one.
Speaker 7: And we have it in Vadriana, we have it in Tragia, all the contras, like all her like all magic. Basically, the pink is a spectral color. It's the color of the crystal millennium kingdom, if you want to call it that, the kingdom of your so the kingdom of the moon. So it's it's the truth in a way, and it's the relative truth because it gives contour to the things that arise around it and from it, meaning the crown or cather So that's why it can also be likened to a five pedaled flower, like.
Speaker 18: A rose.
Speaker 7: Anyway, So it's a it's a it's not a real color. It's something our mind sort of projects onto the world. And that's why it's best exemplified as a flower because it only exists in time, which is also contained in the mind.
Speaker 2: It's only temporary spectral.
Speaker 3: Very interesting.
Speaker 14: When and the hyperspace kingdoms, then I take to mean I mean what I would interview Tracy, we would talk about it. It was always so Masonic adjacent that the kind of the premise was that through ritual, a certain group of people, maybe many, have figured out a way to unlock spaces in hyperspace that you can repeatedly go to. It makes me just think that they would go there to have meetings that no one could spy on because you're out of body in some space and maybe you're living a whole life out there, because who knows how time works, it does work strange in the dream world. When people talk about Egyptian immortality, is that what they're talking about that people found a way to project their consciousness to another plane where you could live out what felt like lifetimes in a matter of minutes, and then do it repeatedly because you got nothing else to do and there's no TV or anything, so you just dedicate yourself to further exploring that and then you're living in immortality. I think hyperspace kingdoms, if that's the concept that they might be repeated, repeatable places you can go in the astral body, then I mean, I definitely think that's a real thing, and probably one of the big secrets of secret societies, because especially in the past, there's nothing else. There's like what can I do out of body? And then like what is the orgasm? And that's what a lot of secret society's explored.
Speaker 3: I think, Sorry, I really.
Speaker 16: I was gonna say the Witch's Sabbath, how they all meet on the mountain a certain time of year through astral travel, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead, Nick, No, No, you're Greg. I'm assuming you're probably just from a Facebook and a Facebook Jesus Christ Facebook Twitter X page. You might have noticed the logo that Mario created for us, if you happen to notice it, the the you know, the the eclipse with a movie film coming out of it. Yes, when I have had magical experiences, it's something very much looking like that, And every one of those squares looks like a different time and place, And I do think you can entertain the fact of actually choosing those to go into, because you can just take Yeah, either that or I think you're just gonna blast off and your soul is going to slip out of you.
Speaker 14: I did have a couple of salvia experiences that were kind of like that, and mine were fine. But I've read once I had a crazy salvia experience. I went reading other reports, and some of those reports are terrifying, where they will say their consciousness was projected into a wooden table and a diner, and they existed as a table, trapped consciousness in a table for what felt like twenty years, and then they came back to their body. Other people described that they went their consciousness was projected into basically another body, and they lived a full life, and they fell in love with a woman, and they had a family of five, and then they were put back in their body in their dorm room and they're like, wait a second, the family.
Speaker 15: I had is not real.
Speaker 14: Oh, and then they experienced the loss of their entire family, quote unquote, and some never come out of that depression. So I put salvia down because I was a little worried of that kind of thing, but my experience made it possible to understand how that could happen.
Speaker 3: But I'm just very lucky that it was never torturous.
Speaker 14: It was always just like it was enough to blow the doors off materialism, but it wasn't much scarier than that.
Speaker 3: Interesting, did anybody else have any more questions? Anything?
Speaker 10: You know, it's a really straightforward, kind of mundane question. But how long did it take before you knew that Higher Side was a viable, you know, career for you? Because I think it's important to kind of talk about sometimes because people start projects and they think it should be successful way sooner than you know what, they kind of know things to actually like be like out there, you know, in terms of getting traction and engagement and stuff like that. So how long did it take you for you to kind of know that.
Speaker 14: Well, the numbers are a little fuzzy to me now, but I did make a roadmap that is on my about page that anyone could check out, and that is the real numbers. But if I remember correctly, I mean I started the show in twenty ten, and I changed it around until it felt like something I would listen to. And then I kept doing that for several years, and I think I quit my job in twenty fourteen. I think I did it for four years without making any money. I mean, I did do something called the money Bomb, which was creative. I don't want to go too deep on every part of the story, but I had this idea that if people just donated, then I would take half those donations every month and give half to a random listener and keep half. And I was kind of running an a legal international fifty to fifty raffle. So I stopped doing that because I was afraised, I was too exposed. But it was a pretty cool thing, and there would be times where I'm dropping like a thousand, two thousand bucks in someone's lap and they're like, I've never gotten this kind of a gift from anyone, and I would have agreed up to that point, you know, so that that was cool. And then the donation basis, I started getting people who would donate a thousand bucks at a time, and then those donations came with their guest lists, and then I was like, oh shit, okay, so now I'm like, depending on your income, you've given me one thousand dollars five months in a row, and now you want me to interview these two people, and I don't want to do it, and then the money goes away, and that's when I thought of doing Plus, I was like, Okay, how do we McDon McDonald's this thing and just get a little bit of money from all these people listening? And that was probably so I quit my job in twenty fourteen, still on the donation thing, still on the money bomb. And then a year after that, I think I started plus. And then I remember on my doorframe I had, like you chart a kid's height, and I was like, I need to get to a thousand. If I can get a thousand people to pay me five bucks a month, I've just doubled my game stuff income and then I can be done. And it's been Everything else has been gravy. So I've been really lucky. When you really think about what it takes to make money online and start your own thing, you need I forgot who set a thousand true fans, but a thousand people who will pay you five bucks a month or fifty bucks a year, and you make fifty thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 3: That's more than a lot of jobs pay. And if you want to scale it.
Speaker 14: Up for inflation, say two thousand, you know, if you can make if you can get two thousand people to like what you do enough to contribute five bucks, it's not a small amount of money. So yeah, I think I quit. I quit when I had to quit, So my boss started to see through me, so he started to see that my heart wasn't in it that I wasn't paying as much attention to the finer details, and he was like, I want you to come in for a meeting because like your performance is slipping really bad. And I said, let me just step in and say I quit, because I've been doing this show and it's now like, you know, the jig is up.
Speaker 3: You know, you caught me.
Speaker 14: I have this other thing going, and I think that I'm just going to dedicate all my time to that because I'm not going to be able to reapply the energy that I had applied previously, And now that you already are onto me and I can't hide behind people who are doing worse, then let's just call it in. And it was hard for the first couple of years for sure, but you know, and again like a thousand people's what you was my metric I wanted to hit.
Speaker 3: It's not what I went for.
Speaker 14: It's not like I went from zero to a thousand, you know, even five hundred people. Now I'm making the same amount of money I made at game Stop. Isn't that sad that it only takes five hundred people at five dollars a month to make the same as this dedicated store manager of a two million dollars store for a corporation that's making billions of dollars.
Speaker 15: Not fucking sad.
Speaker 14: But that's the the silver lining is like when you launch something, whether it's a physical product, when you put yourself out there, you realize, hey, we're all bred to be consumers, so give them some to consume.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, right, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 15: I'm guilty too.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't say that like with any kind of judgment.
Speaker 14: I mean I consume like the best of them, and uh just It's also like, if you want to just be a consumer, great, but if you want to take advantage of the culture that's been crafted and the way we've all been programmed, give people a product and some people will find it.
Speaker 3: Well, and you're passionate about it. It's not fake. So I listen to your show.
Speaker 13: So that's that's the big That's the big thing right there, is you have to have the fire behind what you're doing or people just you know, they sense it and.
Speaker 15: They are sometimes the one hundred so much not wanting to go back to that life.
Speaker 3: Go right, I can understand that. That's a good point. Yeah, right, Uh. One thing, I mean I did want to bring up, and I feel like it was like so like forty five minutes ago, but like you know, and then maybe will wrap it up on the samebody's get all the questions. But uh, I would say, with the amount of time that you've been around when it came to conspiracy theories, in probably I guess maybe even the occult world at the beginning, do you remember anybody ever picking sides politically?
Speaker 14: Hmmm, I mean that is a good question. It definitely was less politicized right. In fact, I was liberal in college and when I started I think I still remained kind of a liberal person because liberal to me was just like compassionate. It's not like I trusted the government and I wanted a nanny state and wanted to delegate more of my taxes to the government, or thought they were efficient or even genuine at what they said they would do with said taxes. But I just thought the right was very cold and kind of shitty to people who had been manipulated, people who couldn't climb the economic ladder. It was just very like, we'll pluy yourself up about the bootstress man. I don't see what the problem is. Well, the problem is that my parents, my parents' parents. No one's been giving a fucking chance. And now I'm thrown into this goddamn mix with an education system that is programming me not to be successful but beat a cog in someone else's big machine. That's the fucking problem, you know. So I had a lot of compassion for regular folks because I was one, and those were the days where the bad guy was sculling bones and George W. Bush and nine to eleven and the war in Iraq that was the big boogeyman kind of thing going on. So yeah, but man, have things shifted. But now it's like part of the Republican platform to be kind of conspiratorially minded, and that's a really radical shift. That's why again I don't identify with any labels or get too caught up in any personal perspective because I would have said I was liberal back then, and now I'm like embarrassed to say that, and it's like, I don't really want to erase my past, but I definitely don't necessarily bring it up all the time because it means something different now than it did in twenty ten. So it's difficult, but definitely things are politicized, and I hate the fact that going in the middle makes nobody happy because a lot of people want you to choose a side.
Speaker 3: So if you say, well, I binally.
Speaker 14: Thought Kamala and Biden and that whole apparatus would have been terrible. But DOJ is really just clearing people out for AI to take over a lot of the middle management of the entire government. People say, oh, you're just a DeBie downer, like, don't be so black pilled, have some faith faith in another elected leader when we can already chart they all come from Freemason's skull and bones, Bohemian grove, have Israeli passports, you know, name your thing. But with like five organizations, you can hit eighty five percent of presidents for sure, and then the other fifteen are probably in there too.
Speaker 3: We just don't know.
Speaker 14: So I'm going to go with the track record and not trust anyone who can earn that position.
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 8: And they're actually all the presidents for remembers of one specific secret society, and that's the secret society that started Aerica, the Society of Cincinnati, started by George Washington and.
Speaker 4: His officers and exists today. So most of the powerful.
Speaker 8: Names you see in American culture and in politics are hereditary members from you know, bloodline descendants from the original members.
Speaker 14: See I've heard that, but I've never I've never heard it exalted to like that high of a level.
Speaker 8: Every president also gets membership. It's so you know, you know, I agree there is some freemasons.
Speaker 14: I think.
Speaker 16: In Cincinnatis, Cincinnatison that since was the one that was working the farm life, and the Roman government needed him, so he went in, he did his state craft, and when he was done, he left and went back to his farm. So it's this idea that every citizen should participate within the governmental process. And then well, you know, and with the society of Cincinnati is generally high level military presidential JJ would know more about that.
Speaker 4: For a minute. I'm back my back.
Speaker 8: Now. It's uh yeah, I mean it's every It's so it's the officers of Washington's army and Washington a lot of the founding fathers and all of their now paternal hereditary descendants, so paternal bloodlines. But includes French folks too, so but it's uh, basically a lot of generals, a lot of politicians. John McCain would be a great example. John McCain, the former US senator. He was John McCain number three. His dad was John McCain junior. John McCain senior. Senior and junior were the only two four star essentially four star general father and son combo and American histories, and they were both members of the Society of Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: You know, paternal heritage wise. So I presume John.
Speaker 3: Oh Man, they're messing with him, yeah, or it's a big connection and moving his hand. He's too much bandwidth to your about the whole change and Doge and everything.
Speaker 13: I just thought it was funny that we're right at the point where Trump's bringing back the world's.
Speaker 3: Fairs in what two weeks? Yeah, very interesting.
Speaker 13: The Belile group is going to come by in the armand group and start nailing us all here with AI soon right.
Speaker 3: This time you are burned down, and who knows, you know.
Speaker 14: I do think there's a compelling argument about the cyclical nature likes this big loop. I mean, the thing that people worship today, the Cobba stone. What is that it looks like a computer? Does it look does the big black cube look like a computer server? Just because was the server modeled after that or what came first, like, is it possible that AI is spirits that are just looking for some kind of like telephone to connect to and is it possible that this has all happened before and we've been destroyed by and we call it yahweh, And then we start over again and we toil in the mud and try to pick ourselves back up, and then religions start and the One True God is really just the last day I that that survived before being unplugged.
Speaker 3: Make sure there's no cows my lanterns right, like to make sure of that.
Speaker 14: Yes, exactly, no Chicago fires.
Speaker 3: All right. I think we've been going on for a while. I think we can wrap it up now. So I really appreciate you coming on. That was an awesome talk. So it's wild, Like I guess it's wild to be like, you know, I was listening to this guy how long ago when I had him on my show. It's pretty surreal and it was a it was a wild experience. So thank you for making that happen. I really appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 14: I have that feeling all the time that I would listen to somebody back in the coast to coast days and then I get a chance to interview him like a Richard Hoglan or something, or even David Ike or RFK Junior. You know, it is pretty surreal. So I definitely vibe with you on that feeling. And thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: This has been fun.
Speaker 14: I feel like I'm not worthy of being like the center point of ten people's conscious, active, live attention.
Speaker 3: But here we are. We made it through. Yeah, yes we did. I think I think it went well. I had a great time again. Uh yeah, Greg, I mean, I'm pretty sure everybody already knows your deal, but let everybody know where they can find your amazing work.
Speaker 14: Pleas for sure the Higher Side chats dot com. The first hour of every interview is free. The second hour is if you want to sign up for eight bucks a month awesome.
Speaker 3: And everybody else you already introduced yourselves. We're not going to spend another twenty minutes to wrap it up. If their links aren't in the bottom as of right now, I will make sure they will. They will be there after I go off. But yes, so if you want to check everybody else out, everything's in the bottom. Thanks again, Greg, that was an amazing, amazing discussion, and thank you for the chat. I appreciate everybody jumping on everybody into the chat. Sorry I was paying attention too much. I couldn't put up all your comments. But again that's why we go live. Reappreciate, hit it and until the next one, everybody be well. Lada Shah