Speaker 1: All right, now, Billy cunning and the Great America welcome this bridget Wednesday afternoon in the Tri State, it's cold, cold, cold. Its gonna be a little bit warmer Thursday and Friday, maybe a little bit of rain before more snow than next week might be back to zero and blow though it's cold as are well diggers behind plus on Monday in Washington. All the platforms have now been built ready for the inaugural and all Joe Biden is going to be is is like a period or a semicol in between the two Trump terms, which is a great thing for our country. Joining you and I now is the Great Warren Davidson, Congressman from Southwest Ohio, and Congressman Davidson, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, you've caught a lot of flak from the mainstream media about having strings attached to any aid that goes to California, because, after all, were not we the American taxpayer has sent about seventy or eighty billion dollars to California over the last four years of Joe Biden to paper over Arthur Jefferson problems and difficulties and so you're saying, plus many other conservatives, Look, we're not going to give you another fifty to one hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 2: We don't have that.
Speaker 1: We have to borrow and keep the same policies in fact, that caused the La wildfires, built in a desert and grasslands.
Speaker 2: These things happen all the time.
Speaker 1: I had a guest on yesterday who had a paper, a newspaper believing on an eighteen seventy five that's when Gunsmoke and Kitty and Matt was running around Dodge City and they were saying, the wildfires are coming again this year. We've had more this year than ever before to be prepared. So this has been going on for about a thousand years. But to Democrats in California it's like a surprise. So can you tell the American people, Warren Davidson, as to why you want to attach strings to the idea of bailing out California again on the backs of the American taxpayer with borrowed money on the credit card.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Look, we.
Speaker 4: Should be clear who do the strings apply to. Well, you don't just apply to the families. They're going to get taken care of. Unlike Joe Biden, who's said, oh, well, if you've got a MAGA sign outside, our workers might not feel safe. We're not going to go help the people in Florida or North Carolina. As we speak, they're kicking people out of temporary housing in the cold in North Carolina.
Speaker 3: They're doing a terrible job.
Speaker 4: So for the individuals and families who've been wrecked, yeah, we're going to take care of them. Neighbors, take care of neighbors. That's part of our disaster relief program. But the reality is the government at California has made a bad problem worse. We know they're going to be fires, but you kind of count on there being water to put the fires out with. They got reservoirs. They're just running all the water out to the ocean. Even the firefighters are sitting there going, I don't know, I don't run the water plan. I go to the fire hiding and we're counting on there be of water. You know, they literally gave an interview there like that. So that's how bad things are broken down in LA. And you know, Donald Trump tried to change their water management policies in his first term in California.
Speaker 3: Sued to be able to keep.
Speaker 4: Running the water out to protect some endangered you know, tadpole or something. And so meanwhile the people have no water and the firefighters have no water. So I think it's reasonable to say, hey, if we're going to help the government of California, we want you to change your policies. We think maybe, I don't know how some fire breaks around areas and so have some water neighborhood, you might want to put a fire break around, have the brush go right up next to the woodhouses, keep a little bit of stuff out here, and then you know, it seems reasonable to have insurance.
Speaker 3: So the insurance companies.
Speaker 4: Tried to tell everybody, hey, there's a greater risk of fires, and the climate change climatologists sell, we have to more climate change, we have to all these problems, and they're getting more frequent and more expensive. And the insurance companies say, okay, sure will reserve for that. And they're well, you can't raise prices. Let's review how insurance works. So if there's more risk, then the prices have to be higher. That's how insurance works. And so the government of California put some laws in a couple of years ago that said you can't raise the rates and so lo and behold the insurance companies like State farm like USAA Farmers, all these big insurance companies started leaving the state and not issuing fire policies because they couldn't charge higher rates and this we're not going to go bankrupt for you. And somehow they're the band guys like, well they were sounding the alarm, So maybe fix the insurance program so that homeowners can have fire insurance in California. So those are the kinds of strings we're attached and who they're attached to is the government.
Speaker 1: Well what happens if they say no, because you know, some have proposed, like Tony Bender, actual federal takeover of the state of California, like consider it a failed state.
Speaker 2: It can't function.
Speaker 1: They have the gargoyles like Nancy Pelosi and Gavin Newsom and Karen Bass and Adam Schiffless and Jerry Brown running things there.
Speaker 2: And it's a terrible place to live.
Speaker 1: The taxes are high, confiscatory rules and regulations mean you can't do anything, you can't move, It takes five years to get a housing permit, and now you have one hundred thousand homeless people. On top of the other one hundred thousand homeless people that are drug addicts. So what do you do when the Nancy Pelosis and the Gavin Nusses and the Karen Basses and the So wait a minute, we're not gonna have any strings attached.
Speaker 2: That's our money. We send it to Washington and we want it back.
Speaker 1: Well, you stand firm like a tenfold bacon in the night and say you don't get any more taxpayer money until you reform. And if they don't reform, do you have the guts not to send the money?
Speaker 3: Oh? Absolutely?
Speaker 4: And the reality is, look, you can't succeed. We already fought a civil war over that. We haven't decided whether we can excommunicate anybody yet. But you know, we're good with California. It's a beautiful place. It is poorly governed. And the reality is, if you think the place is poorly governed, then move but leave the terrible ideas that made it poorly governed in California and come be part of a better government in Ohio.
Speaker 3: For example, we'd love to have a lot of the businesses and investment.
Speaker 4: They don't just go to Texas, come to Ohio, but leave the crazy ideas out there in California.
Speaker 1: It's awful. In fact, I'm watching MSNBC last night, so you don't have to. I didn't know this, but there's an endangered bush, I said, I only thought smelt or salmon were in there's an endangered bush. That was some agrarian type sued these federal government EPA. They wanted to, of course create a new reservoir over there about three years ago. And because there was an endangered bush that federal courts. It has been held up now for three years because of a bush. What about an endangered bush and the smeltfish spawning? Should we be concerned about that or should we care more about five hundred billion dollars in damages, About one hundred people are dead, one hundred thousand people are homeless. Do you care more about schmelt and bush or do you care more about people? That's my question.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the same thing, like, that's why we have better policies in Ohio. And look, Gavin Newsom those that it's crazy because he's already said he's gonna wave the rebuilding process so they can rebuild faster.
Speaker 3: Well, you know that they put.
Speaker 4: All this stuff in place to make it almost impossible to do anything new out there in California, and it's hurt the people talk about inflation. The median home price for this area that's destroyed in the Palace is three and a half million dollars. Yeah, a median home price in our area is a two hundred thousand or so. H So you know you've got you've got a in good luck finding those right now in the market, because they say that's the media and you're like, I don't know where those are at in the market. Uh, because you find a lot of people are seeing a lot of housing inflation in Ohio. Well, they've had huge inflation out there because the builders can't build.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: So they know that if they're gonna see rebuilding, oh, they're gonna have to wave up the permit. And they'll say, oh, well, there's an endangered shrub or there's a you know, we got a bush.
Speaker 1: It we've got an endangered bush. Bush is endangered bush? What there's I'm looking at this bush that was part of this lawsuit. It looked like a little shrub with no leaves on it, but it's endangered because there's hummingbirds that fly onto the branches and they mate on the branches of the bush and drop whatever it is they drop, and then that's how hummingbirds mate and that's why the.
Speaker 3: Bushes and the people what the people, Well, we got to have this.
Speaker 4: Look, we have the National Training Center out there where it's a big, big area out in the desert and it's a great place to train with you know, tanks and armor and all that stuff. So you know, as an army go out there and you have these big areas that are no go zones because they've got protected habitat and it's a training center. Like we're out here blowing stuff up and shooting live amma.
Speaker 3: And they're like, well, well don't, don't.
Speaker 4: Don't do it over here because we got some endangered you know, shrubs or whatever.
Speaker 1: Another one of the things was it was a spotted cockroach. There were certain parts of that. No, I'm serious, it's a spotted cockroach that's endangered. You take a cockroach, a bush and a shmelt that's controlling California, and I'm thinking, what the hell's going on? And so you're saying to me that when Adam Shiftless and Karen Bass and Gavin Knews of Nancy Pelosi all sady to you, Warren Davidson. You know what, We're not going to change. This isn't a federal takeover of the Panacea, the glories of the of the golden state of California, which is now below the bronze age. And somebody's got to get the Coyone says, hey, Okay, if you don't change, we're not going to give you our money.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: Well, what I like better, Bill, is I like sending them the money with the strings attached, so that the citizens of California know the only barrier to them having the money is the government complying with the strings attached. It's like, no, it's waiting there. And then you put pressure on Gavin Newsom to change. You put Karen Bass wasn't even in the city, not very sympathetic. When she comes back now basically says, it's not my problem and you only hate me because I'm a minority. Well, her rival in the race owns a big shopping center and he protected it, and they're mad at him for protecting his shopping center while hiring private firefighters and using water to protect his property.
Speaker 3: And it's like, well, you crazy people like you could.
Speaker 4: Have hired that guy to be your mayor, and maybe instead of having a fire that's zero percent contained, it could have been prevented or at least be you know, mostly contained, some mitigation, fewer things destroyed, fewer lies loss, maybe even no lives loss.
Speaker 3: So you know, at some point, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: You know, one of my good friends came to Christian faith later in life. He says, you know, God will bring you the easiest way you'll go. He's unfortunately my way is pretty rough, and maybe that's the way for California, you know. Megan Kelly says that a lot of her formerly woke friends are now talking about voting Republican because they're done with all the insanity out there.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's what it takes.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm watching this interview of the of the person, a woman about thirty five years old from the Stamford Women's Studies Department. She has advanced degrees in women's studies. She's now in charge of water in southern California. She makes, believe it or not, Warren Davidson seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year to control water, and she gave repeated interviews three years ago when she was appointed by Gavin Newsom that her main job will be diversity, equity and inclusion, to bring DEI principles to the water system and the state of California, and to hire people that look like her. Now I thought that was racialists crimination. Maybe it isn't. But the woman in charge of water claims her number one job is to bring diversity, equity and inclusion to water.
Speaker 2: It's like I've lost my mind.
Speaker 4: You know, just as insane are current and soon departing Secretary of Defense thinks the most important risk for the Department of Defense is climate change.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know this mindset it is.
Speaker 4: It is essentially a religion, you know, climatology. They've worshiped something. It's it's crazy what they believe. And it is invasive. Talk about an invasive species. You know a lot of musk labeled at the woke mine virus and it's spread like that.
Speaker 3: We have to beat it back. And that was great to see.
Speaker 4: Yesterday you got Pete Hegseth doing hearings in the Senate trying to get confirmed so that you could have the military be focused on you know, the reason we have a military being combat ready able to fight and win a war. What about a crazy thing having the water department have water for the people.
Speaker 3: You know, So there are things like this that just makes sense.
Speaker 4: And I think that's just the real The theme of Trump's second term is pretty basic, just common sense, I mean, just less restore sanity. And you know, Sara Huckaby Sanders a couple of years ago, when she gave the Republican rebuttal to Joe Biden's failed State of the Union, was basically like, the dividing line in the country is no longer Republican versus Democrats.
Speaker 3: It's normal versus crazy.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Let's go on two or three other issues we talk about this, And I got all fired up when I watched Lloyd Austin and Mark Millie, chairman of the Joint chiefs now gone and thank god Lloyd Austin is gone. They said, the two major problems in the military is number one, white supremacy. I don't see too many Ku Klux Klan members wearing marine outfit. And secondly, climate change and climate change mitigation. The damage that we've caused to the world, having seven hundred military bases in one hundred different countries, we have to go to each military base and do an assessment of the climate damage that our soldiers have done in Germany, Lithuanian, whatever, and then we have to mitigate in those countries the climate damage that our soldiers have caused. Plus white supremacy is a big problem. I see the Ku Klux Klan all over Cincinnati on a regular basis. It's ridiculous. Let's get on to Greenland and Canada, and of course the Panama Canal and Canada announced a day or two ago the manufacturers are going to start buying more products from the United States. And I see at the end of last year, about two weeks ago, it came out that communist red China has a one trillion dollar trade surplus, which means that communist red China is selling US products and we're buying nothing at all from them because they won't let our products into China. We let Chinese products into America. How about a one trillion dollar trade surplus in favor of China against the United States, which is unbelievable. And secondly, Canada is now saying, because of the Trumpsters soon to seize power, they're going to start buying more products from America. Can you smell with the Trumpsters cooking? It's not a spot of conroach.
Speaker 4: No, it looks it's great because he's focusing on our hemisphere.
Speaker 3: You know America first, what is what is uh close?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Securing our border is like the most basic principle of national security that we control our border. And then you look out it's like, well, I don't know, maybe we have a good neighbor in Canada. We don't currently with Trudeau. Trudeau's on his way out. Trump hasn't even taken office yet. Uh, Greenland, Hey, we'd like to be part of America maybe, so I think hopefully we can make a deal there that'd be great. Panama Canal, Jimmy Carter mean, god, uh, you know, give him rest and comfort and a welcome.
Speaker 3: But you know, a terrible idea there in.
Speaker 4: The Panama Canal giving that away and letting China just dominate it. So they're doing that all over Central and South America as well. And if we just take care of close to home, then push out and go after China. And I hope when Trump comes in, Look, he's already loves tariffs. He can't stop talking about him. And if that results in US getting rid of the income tax and having a depart of external revenue. That would be like one of the most epic wins in history.
Speaker 3: It'll be great. But if we can use the.
Speaker 4: Tariff revenue as leverage to get you know, I was in manufacturing before I was in Congress. We can compete against other companies, but it's not fair to compete against another country. In China, there's no fair trade, there's no free trade. You're competing against the Chinese Communist Party, and Trump has called that out. My hope is that this time he builds an alliance, so it's like, well, yeah, we're going to go with twenty percent tariffs on everybody, but if you help us go after China will wave them for now and lastly, and then we put the burden on fixing China.
Speaker 1: Congressman Warren Davidson. I'm not sure the American people know this, but the Communist Red Chinese control the Panama Canal. As we speak that the management company Panama, knowing the reaction, we might have years ago struck a deal with the shijhaopeing that they're the management company for those who the ships that enter the canal, and the ships that leave the canal. They also provide a huge loans to expand the canal, knowing that they can foreclose on it and basically own the Panama Canal. And the most Americans don't know that fact. Of course, you and I do. We don't understand that Greenland right now is being being the object to not only Russia but communist right China because it is rich and exotic and unusual medals. There's about forty five thousand people that live there. They want to be free of Denmark, whatever the hell that means, and so if they become a territory of ours, that'd be a good thing and more. But I'll tell you the inaugural is going to be great. Warren Davidson, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And don't pay attention to MSNBC. That has a target on your back politically, because you want strings attached to money given to California to reform their system of government. I doubt they're going to do it, but nonetheless, at least the efforts being made. Congressman Warren Davidson, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Congressman, you're a great American. And the inaugural is going to be a great event.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Thanks then, God bless you and all your listeners, and.
Speaker 2: God bless America.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more Bill Cunningham, the Great American, Live at Rome with the Bengals News Radio seven hundred ww