Speaker 1: Old Venture, adventure in free mystery romance starring Humphrey Boguards and Lauren Bacall together in the sultry setting of Proctical Havanna and the mysterious Islands of the Caribbean. Old Venture Once again, the magic names of Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall bring you old venture and a tale of mystery and breed slate. You should have been with us, laid up for repairs on a jewel of an island, and the girls with the wild orchids. The gendle with me, Joe, I'm a man of responsibilities. Now. I've got a boat in the hotel and me and her, every sea orphan to his own paradise.
Speaker 2: You found yours, and he'd better not stray from it, or I'll beat him over the head with a wild kumquat.
Speaker 1: You got yourself at Tigris this timelessly.
Speaker 3: You heard what the man said, a Tigris.
Speaker 1: He's hanging on with the Tampa victory again, Joe, first mate on that stick an oil bugget Oh no, no, I don't need her anymore. We're done with each other. I just come over her for the last time. Oh all I need is right here in this little package wrapped in Shanghai soup. I give it to you.
Speaker 3: Why, thanks, we didn't expect it.
Speaker 1: Uh, don't let the tears well up in gratitude, mister Vall. You're only to keep it from me to I come back for it. Will you do that for an old sea? Make sure in a good place where no one can touch your greedy finger to it. I see, we we got a safe a lot do Slake's all as valuable as it his necktie his Uh, well, that does it? His neck tie the best place we've got, Joe, how about it? Just remember that in this bit of silk you hold the rest of Joe Bishop's life. I'll remember and take it. Hey, what's that combination against?
Speaker 2: Sellah?
Speaker 1: Don't bother anthing, honey, because you won't need it.
Speaker 3: Lass you buster slay speak alike. He's got a gun.
Speaker 1: Huh huh? Yeah, cute honey, handed out a Yo, the thing in your hand, give it the time.
Speaker 4: You'll not take it for it?
Speaker 1: You know something I bet he's said, anybody I want to discuss it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, still slay, He'll kill you too.
Speaker 1: You'll read me, honey, So on the floor slate boy. That's what you tell him, doesn't he, Honey, hold on to a man like that another time. He's gonna go away with it, because right now Tommy doesn't want anyone else to die. Mister Carnivan, mister Cardivan. But mister Cartervan, I have brought a package, he says. The current suggestion to you, Thomas, sister, shut out, sit down and watch consider the beauty which surrounds you and.
Speaker 5: Savored if you can sit down, Thomas.
Speaker 1: Carus girls dancing not supposed to send me? See how delicate? Here's that wonder over there? He's fat, mister Cartervan, she's sattooed primitifence doesn't it turn your blood to wass Thomas to realize we are here now beyond the reaches of civilization. The part of it. I don't know what you're talking about, mister Carver. And this is a crummy walk down joining Havanah with a fifty centable cover change. Here's a package. Hm, thank you, Thomas. Do you have any trouble I killed the man. Oh, I'm glad you did, Thomas. Another life, another death added to the fabulous tears of Seva. Opened the package. Huh he call Thomas gaze. Uh huh? How much? Say they were? The cheers of Siva, the priceless tears without flick or floor, the treasure of the far Indies gangor can leaders city to wait for these luck? All I say is two stars stamphire and all I I knows how much they were.
Speaker 5: Hey, a pricis observe them.
Speaker 1: Pick one up and look at it. Each would light up the whole room. Go on, go on, Thomas, pick one up and look at it. Sure I first saw these beauties after a pick sticking with the Rajo Simlu. He showed them to me. This is pretty not very Rajo Similu played polo the other one one with the wires. Uh huh. This star staff doesn't light have nothing, mister Thortman, what did you say? They don't even show a star. Well maybe that price is because this gang gets character likedon. But from where I'm sitting there dimes to our.
Speaker 5: Items, let me see what whild you Someone has fundled?
Speaker 1: I have you said you're here?
Speaker 5: I'll have his head.
Speaker 1: Honey, I knocked up a man for two marbles. Forgive me for losing control? Come, yeah, someone will guy for this?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You mister slid. Come a man Prompsey who dream of biolence, say do something for me. Say here is pocket, please put it away. I come back to take it on another day. Then in walk man with death and he had they hand over packet. In boy So Bland the sea, very man makes big protest to bullets and chaise give him rest.
Speaker 1: You think they did that.
Speaker 4: Kne our Man finds peace in many ways, mister slip. He only does not know when it is coming to him.
Speaker 1: I didn't have to come to him that way.
Speaker 3: Looks like maybe Joe Bishop pot it that way.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's wasted wild fruit on a tropical island. He didn't expect to end up on a slab in the police want.
Speaker 3: The police will take care of it. State, they'll find his murderers. Out of your hands.
Speaker 1: It is that how you want it. Whatever you want, say, take your hand off my arm, let's go get your coat. I want to talk to the skipper of the Tampa Victory. Whatever you want, send him away, King, I'm not into anyone, huh. I'm afraid I heard that, mister Shannon. One of my less ex quiz advice is Eves dropping hood. He now, I don't have to be polite. Thank you, sir, you have come to share your bereavement over the deceased Joseph Bishop, and to ask if Joseph's dying song was for me? Might have been? We could make out the words jose pain gotten away, and he had no message from me for Junior's cord of him, his intimate of many places, in many memories, home message in the name of a poet, perhaps of a person.
Speaker 3: Of a thing, no name, try for a number.
Speaker 1: I have consumed your priceless time, good day, and made the goddesses of whatever be with you.
Speaker 2: Maybe, hm, you know what's wrong with a roly poly man? He's going through life thinking he's skinny.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mama fried and just get your coat?
Speaker 3: Do I have too slight? It's a warm night.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going in my turn cold get it?
Speaker 5: Hey, Hey, where do you think you're going?
Speaker 1: Where's the skipper of this freighter? Can't see him?
Speaker 3: Joe Setters, that's the way you say it.
Speaker 1: Say look, let me handle it with you, White Joe sint you. He's a friend of ours and Joe's.
Speaker 3: A friend of the skippers. Now we're all friends.
Speaker 5: Hi, you got the makings.
Speaker 3: What his face, could do you, seafaring man?
Speaker 1: You he means the makings for cigarettes.
Speaker 3: Oh here they come all put together.
Speaker 1: Now take one, henk, you tell me something right, Nope about Joe? Nope, take the pack. Yep, you were were talking about Joe when I interrupted. And you see Joe and they skip her friends they call the milk cows together.
Speaker 3: You can't get a lot of clusser than that sligh real.
Speaker 1: Close in to Since Porter Prince they pat each other on the back every time they panis, yeah, how comes since Porter Prince?
Speaker 4: Since then, that's all?
Speaker 1: Since haiti, since the checker game? You got out my cigarettes too, Let's start with the cows. Nope, let's start with a checker game. Joe went the shore and Porter Prince didn't come back. Skipper chewed his pipe, Tim and two neatly tried to get another first Meete couldn't hold me mm. Skipper to me what a show, And found Joe playing checkers with the lady wh lady owns the Sailor's Rest in Port the Prince.
Speaker 3: I can hardly wait till the part about the cars.
Speaker 1: They're gonna milk him go on the Skipper in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: Huh, sure.
Speaker 1: Since Porter Prince, they decided to quit the sea and to buy a farm in Pennsylvania and cars. Yep, something happened there in Porter Prince. Mister man who tails the sea decides no more, sailor. Something happened changed them to let's go talk to the skipper. Nope, sleeping, he'll wake up. I tried to stop you. You knocked me down.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't you make you walk the plank?
Speaker 1: They don't do that no more.
Speaker 5: They knocked down skipper sleeping in his cabin.
Speaker 1: Come on, sailor, try the door. You want to handle a sus un left me.
Speaker 3: I'll try the door. See mm, the skipper's not a tidy man.
Speaker 2: Stand off the wall, Coffee stains on the charts, and what a dusty compass?
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at the skipper. Huh come here? Look at him?
Speaker 3: Oh you should have just told me about it.
Speaker 1: Stabbed in the heart dead. Let's get out of here. We got enough fuel on bowl venture to get the porter prints.
Speaker 3: No, not quite.
Speaker 1: Why yeuse, that's where we're going. We'll pick up some gas in Guantanamo.
Speaker 3: A question still hanging in mid air.
Speaker 1: Why Look, two guys had a dream about owning a farm in Pennsylvania. One of 'em was a friend of mine. I've got a boat to get me to Haiti. That's not very far to go for a friend.
Speaker 3: What makes you think the answers are in Haiti?
Speaker 1: That's where two sailors suddenly decide to become farmers. Whatever brought them that decision also made them dead. Let's go to Haiti, sailor. Looks like they're about ready to shove off. Mister Cordvan, give me the glass with Thomas. Ye, you might notice mister Cordvan at the boat and the girl make a pretty picture. Let me enjoyed that. Shannon lounses it. Eh, it seems very efficient on your wanderings on the Doctor. Did you find out the destination? Yeah, a character whispered to me, poor a prince Katie. And here's some of Thomas hire a plane? Where too or the Prince Haiti? I want to give those two an interesting welcome back to Bold Venture our stars, Humphrey Bogarden, Lauren Bacall. I'm the second act the Power Story.
Speaker 2: You know what they say.
Speaker 1: About this place, Slate, I know what seamens say? What do they say they say?
Speaker 3: When Paris catches cold Porto prince sneezes.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not the way I heard it. The way I heard a sailor, hm, hmmm, whose jeans you wear? I keep throwing me?
Speaker 3: Then buy me a power of dress. Maybe that'll make you remember a tailor.
Speaker 5: I mean, if I don't miss you, and then would.
Speaker 1: You like yet? No? No, then follow me ten dollars they guided you, and she will grove. But in ecstasy one buck. One buck for a sailor's rest run by a lady. They plays the mamselle Denise for one dollar. Do nothing self me monsieur, I give you that for nothing. Swell who dead? Tusson? Oh? Where am i? And don't water you too, sailor.
Speaker 3: I'm going with you.
Speaker 1: Here's some money. Check in at the Elise Hotel. I'll meet you there.
Speaker 3: I'm going with you.
Speaker 1: This is a sailor's rest, baby, How are they going to get any if they see you walking?
Speaker 3: Well, that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me.
Speaker 2: Come back in one piece, respectable Shannon, that.
Speaker 1: You slay no, honey, but better open up a will scream? Are you not a name?
Speaker 5: Honey?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You kill You're doing good? Honey? And me you remember me? Mister vall, Ah, you're enchanting, mister vaugh Gim a shut the door, Thomas, and you may go through all the feminine galaxy of reactions, mister Vow, Fright, terror, warnder, curiosity.
Speaker 3: Which lives on the last one.
Speaker 5: She here delight you.
Speaker 1: A mister Vow, isn't she? Thomas? And I'll tear yourself away from us? And he's the one.
Speaker 2: I could lean out the window and yell, what's the French words for hell?
Speaker 5: Even if I told you it would never rise to your classic lips, mister vall This gun would bury it in your throat. No, no, he Let us just sit here in delicious contemplation of each other until mister Shannon brings.
Speaker 1: Us the tears of Siba. From there, I may improvise you run this place.
Speaker 7: Do you want to play checking with venues?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: What do you want some the news?
Speaker 1: I wanna talk to you?
Speaker 3: Sit down?
Speaker 7: Do we play checkers?
Speaker 1: To live in them?
Speaker 7: Boy each other? Huh?
Speaker 1: And I'll take the black No, man, I's afraid of Tampa victory first night named Joe Bishop? Who are you Joe's friend?
Speaker 7: No, that's shake you. How do I know your Joe's flying.
Speaker 1: He died in my arms.
Speaker 7: Well by looking to your face as your sadness your friend John, Yeah, m you do if I warned you with jews, Joe.
Speaker 1: Day, don't uh huh.
Speaker 7: You must see he's captain.
Speaker 3: Came from him.
Speaker 1: Captain is knife today does a jew's cause that love jewels. I don't know what you're talking about. The one I's keeping to.
Speaker 4: Joe and my my lord, I'm still not with you, my my lord.
Speaker 7: Wo'll do lady, and he's outside of blows the plan?
Speaker 1: Why did this? What if you call it mama something? Give anything to Joel?
Speaker 7: So that's mama nor I like Jewel?
Speaker 1: Can you take me to it? Hm?
Speaker 7: Not alled.
Speaker 1: I didn't ask you that you used to go to later Wood. That's the impression I'm trying to make.
Speaker 7: Then you used to take you later tonight. Now move as share killed.
Speaker 1: I hope you know the way.
Speaker 5: To us.
Speaker 3: How about you wid conect you.
Speaker 1: What do you know?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 7: Coming sleep Samon?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're I am something marry and you are sleep Shamon.
Speaker 1: And you wish to know of Joe Bishop those drums outside told you all that I.
Speaker 8: Had drums other things. Joe Bishop is Day diseasy.
Speaker 1: Captain m maybe you can tell me who killed 'em? Th who wants the ties of Cheever, that doesn't mean anything to me.
Speaker 8: Two spiers that I want to used to a sailor because I tired of robbing them between my fingers. He had told me he will return for them.
Speaker 1: Stop wires valuable to.
Speaker 8: Me no longer, those those who cover them, the wells of kings.
Speaker 1: You've still got them.
Speaker 8: Here in these fous She takes them, my son, use them to find those who have struck down the sailor.
Speaker 1: I'll do my best. He stop waiting, I'll wait you back the quarter. Friends, that would be your, mister Shannon, with the tears of siver.
Speaker 3: How do you know it could be the housemaid with knees.
Speaker 1: To match away, your dear woman, your life against his. Let him in a waste, lad, you'll kill you so unworthy of you, mister val Instead of frightening him away, you have only Saila Watson. You have only given him into my hands. My compliments, mister Shannon, you are a gallant. I counted on that. Now what are you doing here? Shelby? The chairs are seerrar, mister Shannon, you have him? Uh huh. They have cost me many tragic hours, mister Shannon. The owl when the seamen told me he had them, would sell them to me. The hours of waiting Thomas killed him the decimatl. When I discovered Thomas had brought me worthless bobbles of glass, they would not suffer anymore such angerous agony, mister Shannon, joh devil. Course, you know I'm gonna sell their phonies while the real jewels were with a voodoo chron so we could grow sapphires and a Pennsylvania farm chears.
Speaker 5: Let's see that, mister Shannon.
Speaker 1: Knights deaf. Mister Shannon, like.
Speaker 2: This gun, you don't want them to say, give them to him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll do that.
Speaker 5: Take him chubby.
Speaker 1: Un to you. You ought to tire chubby, your fat, your saw exercise more like that. You you pick up the marbles, watch him sailor run Okay, Salah take the wheel steady as she goes. We're running without lights. I'd say, yeah, sure, I'm tired. I ran fast, and the cops and Haiti ran as far as I know. They're still looking for Cordman.
Speaker 3: Play. Yeah, do you think those sapphires will make nice earrings.
Speaker 1: You get him away from the sport of prince chief of police that he'd take care of him. He send him back to that lovable old witch. That's Cordvan Salah. Give us a gun.
Speaker 2: They're shooting at us.
Speaker 1: Turn around, Sailor, head right for him. You okay, Steady, we'll crash into them. Pass adam, Sailor, come as close as you can. We've got to pick that fence.
Speaker 3: What are you doing about hot pool?
Speaker 1: I've stayed a lot of fish with this. Maybe I can get me at top. Oh, Selah, make your pass.
Speaker 2: You are.
Speaker 3: Good for ram slave.
Speaker 5: Snow what do.
Speaker 1: Go back for the big fish? Steady, sailor. I'm gonna border, Steady. I'll have you a boarder, sashion, and you'll make a missing things. You can redeem yourself for handing over those suppings. You think you can handle this tub with one hand on the wheel and one hand on a gun exquizingly, You've got one shot after that. I'll get to you. If you miss me, you're dead. It's a lumpy sea too well, cordamn well, you miss it now it's my turn, don't.
Speaker 6: I can do this all night, all night.
Speaker 1: Only you give up too easy tailor. Everything on a chip shape. I want to throw you alarm. Okay, you've got it.
Speaker 5: I've got it.
Speaker 1: Sure, Oh ten, Sailor, We're going home. We're going home.
Speaker 3: Here, put this on slate.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 3: I bought it in Haiti in.
Speaker 1: The little shop. I don't care where you bought it. Just tell me what it is.
Speaker 3: Well, this part is a love charm, and this part is a long chain, so it hangs over your heart.
Speaker 1: What'd you pay for it? Sence?
Speaker 3: Does it make? Put it on?
Speaker 1: And he ain't gonna muse you, Sailor.
Speaker 3: Now that you've got it on, don't you see anything?
Speaker 1: Nothing? What's it supposed to do to me?
Speaker 3: Make you feel love? It says in the direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you better read the directions again.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, here it is in small trend. What is I'm supposed to get inside that necklace with you?
Speaker 1: I knew there was something wrong?
Speaker 5: Come on, now, what does it do to you?
Speaker 1: Oh? We can take it from here? Pull away the direction, Sailor, and so our two stars, Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall have brought to a close our latest bold venture story. Special music was composed and conducted by David Rose May. We invite you to listen again next week at this time or another exciting adventure starring Humphrey Boguard and Lauren McCall together in OH Venture