Speaker 1: Hey, folks, good evening and welcome to you wherever you're listening from. My name is carlu Aja. Thanks for being on the space we'll call the Money space, and we're talking money, the economy and of course personal finance. Won't make it personal to you. We get those topics and of course we just courses that way, when you leave, you're a better investor. Now, this has been a crazy week, you know, like if you're just following the event of the world, it's difficult to keep up. We've got the stuff coming from the US, from the President Trump, lots of stuff happening over there. Also in Nigeria, we have a lot, a lot, a lot of love changes, right, you know. The main thing that happened over the week, which is why I'm doing this topic, is that the budget of Nigeria is out right and if you recall I don't you do the numbers per sepop the Nigerian government. The President some to the budget, I think it was two months ago and now in essence he has asked the National Assembly to increase the budget. Going to give you the guys actual numbers when we get into it. But the point is this, usually if you're a household or if you're a family and you already have a deficit budget, which means that for instance, you're going to spend much much more than you are going to make. That's a deficit budget. So that means in Nigeria's case, we were going to spend more than we were going to make, huge budget deficit, and we're going to finance that budget deficit from borrowing. We're going to borrow locally, we're going to borrow internationally. You see the trends with the eurobond, with a dollar bond that we borrow locally in Nigeria, and of course with the normal treasury bills and bonds. So the present some of the bullets and said listen, we're going to borrow and we're going to spend in the economy. Then he comes back to the National Assembly and says, hold the National Assembly, we have found more revenues in the Nigeran government. We're going to get more revenues from the nigeral customs and from the Federal Inland Revenue Service. So if you're an investor and you plan to borrow one hundred and ira to spend and then you finally you found fifteen ira somewhere in your pocket. You didn't know you had the fifty nine, but the fifty nine came. The normal thing to do is to say, wow, now I have fifteen era that I didn't plan for, right, so I'm going to more Let's take that fifteen era and not borrow. So instead of borrowing one hundred an era, I'm only going to borrow a fifteen era. But that's what the Nigeran government is do. Naiju is basically saying, no, we found this new money and we're simply going to increase the size of our spending. We're not going to cut down the spending. We're simply go to increase the size of Nigeria's spending. And that's the problem that we have in Nigeria. I've always insisted Nigeria does not have a revenue problem. You know when I say that, people, so we have two problems. No, no, no, no, niger doesn't have a revenue problem. Not that we don't need more money. There is no organization or nation on Earth that doesn't need more money. The difference is that when you get more money in Nigeria, it's just going to be spent the same way the current existing revenue flows have been spent is going to be wasted. I can give you five items that we show up in any budget. Number one, Assrock is going to get innovated. Number two, we're gonna buy tires, computation equipment and drugs for Assurock clinic. Number three, all diminishes Niger are gonna buy newspapers, periodicals, software and vehicles. This is every single year in the budget. We've got twelve months to do a budget. All they simply do is take last year's budget, adjust for inflation, sent it to the budget office. Maybe they had a few new initiatives. This last budget, guys did not have the largest infrastructure project that this president has passed. So think about it. The president has how many years one year to plan out the twenty twenty five budgets. It goes from the President to his ministers to National Assembly, and they missed out the largest infrastructure project, the Legals to Calabar project wasn't the budget it was. It wasn't there. They say it's a typo. It was legal support tacle. But that's the point. The most consequential infrastructure project that you have in your administration was somehow type horized I wasn't in the budget. Love waste everywhere the National Assembly, guy, look look at the Vice President and guys, you know it's going to be. I'm going to give my speech and then I want you guys to help in because one solutions, right, America has to endulge one solutions. But let me give you my second example. The Vice President of Nigeria. The Vice President's mansioned in Nigeria was completed by the Federal Captature jogging as what are they agency or whatever authority for about twenty one billion. So it was completed. We spent twenty one billion. Outcry all over the place that listen, while we're spending so much money when we don't have enough money to take care of our folks back here. But I was shocked to find out that that building as we speak, is unoccupied. The VP has still not moved into the building. So you ask yourself, well, why did we spend twenty one billion if it's completing and it's not in the building. Waste twenty one billions waste. We don't need it today, right, it's not important even though we wanted, we don't need it today. Say with the presidential jet, save with many others. And it's not just the federal government. If you go down to the states, you see the exact same waste. A Boy State comes to mind, the poorest state in the southeast of Nigeria, one of the poorest states, not just in the South of Nigeria, in all of Nigeria, one of the poorest. They spent close to fifty billion naira, that is would be fifty billion naira to build an airport. Legos has Lego states. Legos, the states of Legos doesn't have their own airport, have federal airport. A Boy State fifty billion and this is minus the Reno vision to the time right that I're going to have to do to build an airport. Now they're spending five hundred million naira to fund folks that are going to go on a haj pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia. And I mean a Boy is in the southeast of Nigeria. Yes, they would have Muslims there in every state, but how many are they and even if they have fifty percent as Muslims, is that what a boy really needs? Now? Five hundred This is a state where the nut wants to go and strike over non prement of salaries and all that. So to spend that humorous amount of funds on hatch just tone death is the same idea. It's the same way to see federal, state and local government that you behave. Like we're Saudi Arabia where we have this huge trust fund, but it's a very very poor country. And I'll give you the example. If you take the total crude oil receipts, all of the crude oil nager would sell everything. I assume there's no oil theft, then all the crude oil Nigier would sell that fund. That income goes to pay only only the pensions, the salaries, allowances and service wide votes of only civil servants. That's the entire crude oil that we sell. Crude oil plus gas goes to pay salaries, pensions, allowances, service wide votes of only civil seventy Nigeria. How many si someone do we have in Nigeria? So all the roads you see, every other thing you see is borrowed. For Nijerato to build a road, we have to borrow money. But we have crude oil, we have gas. So what's the problem the spending thirty six states, the constituencies you have to have they six states spending we have we reduce ministries, we administries spending. We have the report before trum the Douche. We have the report and it's still unimplemented. The presidency is going to implement arousaling report. If you don't know that's reports, is going to merge ministries and use us overhead. South of the government is still not done. We not have the Ministry of livestock. We have a ministrure of agriculture, a ministry of livestock. Maybe we don't have fisheries yet. Maybe if a government comes from the president comes from the south South will have a ministry of fisheries. Then if we have one from the southwest will have ministry of cocoa, then the Southeast guys who come with the Ministry of palm oil. Doesn't make any sense, you know, it's all a cost. When you have a ministry, you have Ministry of tourism that adds nothing to the government's coffers. Now doing commission, there's tourism commission. You have soliminials. Ministry adds less than a bank in legals to the courfers will not those Solimal's commission. It's all an increase. Then the final one that takes the cake. This is the one that is just a joke and an insult to all Nigeria's is when the National Assembly says the one that creates is it tatty one new state? Tatty one new states. Let me explain this way right, all those IGR numbers you see, you say, they say you if you states can survive without IGR, it's not true. There is no state in Nigeria that can survive without without in IGR, without oil money. I said again, there's no state in Nigeria that can survive without oil money. The IGR you see is payroll tax. So if you were in the state and the state has its headquarters in your state, then the state the company pays its workers salaries. You tax the payroll. You call that IGR. So you post billions and you say, oh, my state can survive on IGR without crude oil. But that what you ignoi is that the company painted salaries. It's only surviving because there's crude oil in Nigeria. Look at it this way, even with the crude oil we have in Nigeria, you have record those guys that have left the country. Even with the crude oil how many international firms that sell internationally branded products are still in Nigeria. Look at how they are struggling. Cadbury Nestley are still here struggling. Unilever are still here struggling. Many have gone. I don't want to call names of forts have gone. Why Because there is no consumption. The purchasing partners is very very very very low. So no state in Nigeria today can survive without the revenues we get from crude oil and annoying part of it, crude oil is less than ten percent of Nigeria's GDP. The largest conduter of wealth to Nigeria is not crude oil, but the largest contributor of FX to Nigeria is crude oil. For sixty or so years, since nineteen six, Niger has not diversified high revenue source. We have kept crude oil generating ninety percent of effex. So if anything happens to crude oil, if coulde oil goes to fifty naira fifty dollars a barrel, all states in Nigeria will go broke. IGR No IGR payroll tax is not diversification. You are simply tax and payrolls. When we're talking about diversification. We're talking about what Cross River tried to do with Tinapa. If Tinapa had worked, you would have seen the state in Nigeria. Dia Pacifi is economic based completely to go from fark to tourism, trade and commerce. That's the specification. That's IGR. It's not payroll tax. So the issue is not if you have an IGR, is what's making of that IGR. So that's the point, guys, I only make I said, let's if you want to rant, you can rant. If you only give a suggestion, you can. But the trajectory of Nigeria is that we have built an economy today that is supposedly the largest in West Africa. We used to be like about this in Africa. But we have one weakness crude oil. Should anything happen to crude oil, then Nigerian economy will stop functioning irrespective of IGR, irrespective of diaspora. And that is just a huge risk and the problem is asibated because we have wasteful spending. Olimini, I'm done, man, I've to taking about fifteen minutes just talk true about Nigeria's situation. Funding store eliminate. If you are invested in Nigeria is there not a risk to you that you are buying bonds. You are buying equities in an economy where if crude oil price is your schools twenty dollars down, you're wiped out. What's your take, Olimedy, I'm sorry if I set you up to that question, but yeah, what.
Speaker 2: You didn't help me up.
Speaker 3: I listened to your disposition and you know I can't igree this.
Speaker 2: You know your concerns are totally.
Speaker 3: Valid, and you know one of the reasons why I really talk about the Polica economy is that we are missed a divided society where people sentiments are high and can't you beginning just end your business pace? So one can't argue with many of the pointers are putting there. However, you know, the unique situcial in Nigeria is that our investments up market is heavily suppressed. So for example, the companies you mentioned, if we look at stock apprecition in the last six weeks, they will do to will card briefs. And the reason is simple, because we're seeing dynamics in our market. First of all, the country hundred million has a capital market valuation of our pout putting billion dollars that's really at some point prevent them to what we have in dodge coin. You know, a Dodge corners lots of values, so it things that's so cheap calu. And that was why the fact that I was even any effects, I specified a lot of mindings to there and the.
Speaker 2: Reasons were not perfect.
Speaker 3: First, I looked at it from the short term perspective that so many opportunities were pounds in Nigeria.
Speaker 2: I look at the bit of dinner in.
Speaker 3: The short term has helped and trevy bills the years coming from treasure bills, you know it's coming down.
Speaker 2: So debate is that if now you're a stock market at.
Speaker 3: This level, despite the police rue as kind of triggered local persipation, if we can't get in fpis because the problem we have right now is that every stock's like nasty, and nasty is the stock that when FPS are in, the stock easily.
Speaker 2: Places to one thousand and three to one thousand and five.
Speaker 3: But you know, local perspetionion shows that with the investors preferred this penny or stocks that they can easily so like banking stock. Yeah, I totally agree with you. If it scutside is totally for me.
Speaker 1: I what did.
Speaker 3: I find very funny to be with you. And I try not to be political because you know I'm not a member of the Doing Party and your supported Doing Party. But you see, Calu, the mistic we had whether we.
Speaker 2: Want to give a president with the credit for dango tevi fire.
Speaker 3: We could see that this present physical party, there have been a downtown.
Speaker 2: In fiscal discipline.
Speaker 3: And you know, I've been yet different arguments that we.
Speaker 2: Are coming from an aware corruption.
Speaker 3: Yeah there corruption, nobody's just putting that about the inefficiency of our institutions has really shown and.
Speaker 2: The fact that we are not united.
Speaker 3: You know, this is the first time in the world where you see sexualizing really going high. I remember one of the things that made me so happy about night night the election wherever that came to power.
Speaker 2: You saw that he won for you could even in so you said the unity and till today, if you asked me, some of the ministers I can actually pay. For example, it's one of my favorite ministers.
Speaker 3: And because what she did in the derivational ministry at that time, his transpit to waters the skirm was doing right now, so you see there's unity in that space because right now, you know people.
Speaker 2: Judge your comments by your name.
Speaker 3: People judge your comments by your people judge your commenting.
Speaker 2: So we really need a system.
Speaker 3: Where efficiency in nationalism we really take good. But as said, all those things, I'm better on Ndia businessmen, and you know, I think so far has worked. All the things you said there are long term risk.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. You may have mentioned that Nigerants are buying the Pennys stalks and the fbis are buying maybe the next the big one stocks. Are we buying pedy stalks because that's what we can afford? Is it that the Nigeren investor is so consumption poor that we look at penny stalks the insurance guys as the way to invest because we just can afford them, not because they are the best in terms of return. Is that what's going on just.
Speaker 3: Totally right, And that's part of the picture. So look, you have to understand beaver, the beaver culture of natial So these.
Speaker 2: Talks usually they are not very higd to be.
Speaker 3: Honest, Like someone was talking about the gagle all my timeline and the fact that he couldn't sell out. So some sometimes the beaver patterns of some of these talks also is the problem, and people don't know how to real we did some of these talks talks. Then other thing is that, like you said, this the book comes very weiglu And there was a time there was a time when then mentioned brookers like public Carnlestone, because I use all this brookers and.
Speaker 2: I use that this five. And the reason why I use this five is that I tried.
Speaker 3: To understand the other book that tried to see price efficiency.
Speaker 2: I tried to see the charactersis of that market. So there was a time car we want to open our account with these guys. You must have been any more of one there.
Speaker 3: Now that barrier has gone gone off because a lot of people can't really invest with didn't we want and one more particle? You can't do the two or nothing in your profer in today's market.
Speaker 2: So the truth of the matter is how many people have fifty one the investment account? How many people have whatever?
Speaker 3: If you look at if you look at people making the world in the stock market, can last year we had to intu tree on the year.
Speaker 2: Before we had a level trion, less than two dozen people took half of that world. You know, less than a dozen people took half of that world. If you take too tanqulity to add the passion phones had their few fpis, the remaining is just us capping.
Speaker 3: So we're very poor Comfrey in a real loud system, and we forget to realize that world is grown by equity.
Speaker 2: And if we don't really get that's really right, so to say, can't believe it. So yes, you're totally right. Disposable commit putally high and so.
Speaker 3: We total low based on high food information and also that are missed in our culture, economy culture way player likesrepreneurs or someone like is more popular than you know, Cargo.
Speaker 2: You're coming from an advanced markets you a lot.
Speaker 3: Almost all Americans know the most you know, almost all Americans know p gay almost.
Speaker 2: But it's not the same in Nigier. You know, I try to do this with so young people in Niger and asked, you know, it was like, what's that? What's that? They don't know? What they give you?
Speaker 3: They can live with these bodies, and so we have the cultural problem, Cargo.
Speaker 2: So it's a lot thing.
Speaker 3: And I told someone yesterdacause I said, for at this car, you've been consisted.
Speaker 2: For years on space financial matters. How many people come to this space. How many people come because people say there's noway? But you we we do a lot on our ways. How many book? But trust me, when you.
Speaker 3: Have social distractions, comments, the insults, politic jungles, dragons.
Speaker 2: You see thousands of people. So we need to also wake up culturally. We have that problem.
Speaker 1: I see I don't great call. Let me hold to bring someone else in. But let me just leave you guys in numbers? Why does the important for us? Right? So the budget that presenting presented to the National Assembly was was let me get the exact number was forty nine trillion, right, forty nine trillion. Now, he then says that he had found savings of four point four trillion. Four point four trillion, So what he was he's saying is that from the increasing revenues, he had already caught ten percent of the budget deficit if he had not increased it. So his initial budget was about forty nine trillion. Then he found four point four trillion from the fire arress from customs and one point eightchian from somewhere, so four point four trillion. So if he had simply put the four point four trillion back into the budget, his budget deficit, which was planned at about three point eight nine of GDP would have gone down. He was going to borrow thirteen trillion so this year he was going to borrow tetting trillion, but he found four point four trillion. So if you had taken his four point four trillion, he would not have borrowed tetting. He would have borrowed far less than that. But what did he do. He simply added the four point four into the economy into the budget, then simply increased the budget to fifty four trillion. This is the point we're making. So the four point four trillion savings that actually have been saving to Nigeria, which means less taxes on you listening, had just gone back into the wind, and now we're going to pay more deficits, which means more taxes for you. Let me bring it asa Osasu. How are you doing so or by you wanna hello?
Speaker 2: Cally?
Speaker 1: I'm doing very well, sir, very well. Yeah, what's your take on what's going on? I mean, are you? I don't want to make just Fello goment, but Nigeria really has got the spending problem. It's not revenues because we've gotten the revenues four point four trillion extra revenues. But what did we do with double the spending? So what's your except.
Speaker 2: It's not rocket science. I know.
Speaker 3: I keep on saying this all the time, But in order to resolve our economic issues, we can't do it without solving the political issues. Because why do we have a spending problem. We have a spending problem because.
Speaker 2: Those who are responsible for our budgets inflate our budgets.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sure in the last few weeks you would have read I mean, anyone who reads the budget, who follows what budget does and what yeah he does, would.
Speaker 2: Just your mouth will just fall to the.
Speaker 3: Floor with what is contained in the budgets or some organizations things that are totally unrelated to what they are doing, you know, amounts if that are just incredulous.
Speaker 2: All these things that are put there.
Speaker 3: And as you pointed out, these things are being done year after year after year.
Speaker 2: I mean, you live in the US.
Speaker 3: The vice president of the country lives at the observatory. They maintained the building year after year after year.
Speaker 2: So anyone who is think who.
Speaker 3: Goes into the building, just as Jdvans went in there after Kamala Harris had to leave is never going to meet the building in a state of disrepair because.
Speaker 2: It's maintained all the time. And the same thing applies to the VP's residence in Nigeria. They maintain it year after year after year. Is not neglected. It's never left two rods. So when they.
Speaker 3: Now tell us that they spent twenty one billion on having to renovative what exactly were they doing when somebody has been living there for the last eight years and they have to maintain it to make sure.
Speaker 2: That of good standards.
Speaker 3: So we have to deal with the issue of our National Assembly. We cannot solve the problem of spending regarding our national budgets if we don't deal with the National Assembly.
Speaker 2: We cannot deal with the.
Speaker 3: Problem of spending if our central bank is not responsible in the way it manages the monetary policy.
Speaker 2: Our central bank governor technically.
Speaker 3: Is supposed to be independent, is supposed to be able to take decisions that are totally independent of the political class.
Speaker 2: But we know in Nigeria that's not the case a central.
Speaker 3: Bank governor that pieces of the president will be fired. So where is the financial independence for the central bank to act properly? There is no So we need to deal with these problems because you you went on a fifteen minute ramp justify ramps about the problems we're having. If we don't have an inflow of investment but we're having an outflow.
Speaker 2: That's a message. It is telling.
Speaker 3: Us that the rest of the world does not have confidence in the management of the economy, It does not have confidence in the stability of the local currency to secure its investment.
Speaker 2: So in order not.
Speaker 3: To putting good money after bad they pull out.
Speaker 2: We need to change these things.
Speaker 1: Can you be more? Can you be more? When you say focus on National Assembly? What do you have in mind? What can we do for a guy listening? Is there anything someone listening can do on his own today? Is it just to call it out public? But it publicizes things Like you said, what can a guy listening do if F'm in America and now there's a lot of Is there a senate community that I can go and report to?
Speaker 4: But you see, it is the National Assembly themselves at complicit in this. I was just reading a couple of days ago that some of the Nigerian universities were complaining that the National Assembly members were asking them for a cut of their budget in order for them to approve their budget and that if they don't give them the money, they're not going to approve it.
Speaker 2: And it is the same people you're now going to.
Speaker 3: Report the issues that we're talking about when they are the ones who are accomplish it in the whole thing. I think it is important that as Nigerians, we all really talk about this in the in every public space we have.
Speaker 2: It's important that you know, those who are.
Speaker 3: In office realize that the Nigerian people know what they are doing and that they are fed up of it. I mean, I wish I could tell you Calu that there is a solution in practical so I mean if we had you know, I don't want to talk too much about Tullubu today because we'll be going into another match.
Speaker 2: But we have to be honest.
Speaker 3: That if we want physical discipline, the leader of the country must be physically disciplined. He himself must show her that there there is the need to cut down on costs, and not only that, that every penny that is being spent has to be justified and that if you are borrowing more money taking more laws that these loans there must be a correlation between the loans and a level of economic activity that will make it worthwhile for Nigeria to take those looks and pay back those loads and bring other productivity into the economy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean not you're right. You're you're right. When you when you you you save four point four trillion, you want to borrow thirteen trillion? You know, a child will tell you wow. So that means if I have four point four trillion and I want to borrow that in trillion, I simply take the four point four and pay all the thirteen trillion, reducing my borrowing. But no, they put they simply increase their spending. So when I tweet Nigeria has a spending problem, this is what I mean. This is what I mean. God has given the four point four trillion, but instead of cutting.
Speaker 3: Something earlier, look, Dango Dangote has set up a refinery which in one field soup should solve Nigeria's problems concerning petrol.
Speaker 2: True, Okay, Now, a serious.
Speaker 3: Government knew for the and I'm not gonna I think government. I'm not just talking about the present government. I'm talking of the government as a continuum. It knew for the last five or six years that this refinery was.
Speaker 2: Going to come on street.
Speaker 3: They knew any sensible government would have said, okay, this refinery would need six hundred and fifty thousand barrels of oil the day in order to meet its optimum production targets. How much of that can we afford to give them?
Speaker 2: Do we give them all of it? Or do how much of.
Speaker 3: The refinery would have been in a position to plan properly. But you can see what is going on at the moment for them to even get it from the refined from the oil companies, they were demanded for a six dollars premium on our own crew to give it to him before they announce started talking of okay, we are going to denominate details in Neira and all of that, and stillly not getting it. The same government decided years ago, okay, we will take a twenty percent stick in the refinery. You take a twenty percent stake in the refinery. That will be at world class refinery that can export refined products all over the world.
Speaker 2: Would the Nigerian pleasury.
Speaker 3: Not be receiving annual dividends from the refinery after putting in twenty but instead of them paying for the twenty percent they didn't. They still left it at seven point five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do you explain It's it's a mess. I mean the bigger point you raised it. I just want to move on to to vio Evah. Listen, the Nigeran goverment knew, like you said five years ago that Dangot the final will come on stream, but yet they kept on taking the crude oil from n NPC to borrow. So most of the crew that are located to NNPC has been tied up in dollar borrowing. So that's why that Dangota cannot get crude oil to solve the naira, to solve a bit of inflation, to solve a bit of the should we say the deficit Nigeria has today. You simply tell Dangotte to pay for Nigeria and crude in dollars not naira dollars. You give Dangote the crude in dollars only they give them recruiting dollars. Dangote will refine that crude and sell to Niger's in naira. How would he pay back his crude oil? He can really finding to buy product and export and get his naira to pay back an NPC he should be playing on NIRA for anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just bringing a few nuggets before the next speaker. So first of all, we since start bleating the NARRE because we are more reliant on FPIS.
Speaker 2: You know, we usually stipid.
Speaker 3: We could, but it is that little data should like most invert those that are coming to are investing because of our treasury bills. That is not sustainable, but that that's on the shot term. And also if you look at the fact that the oil price data shows that all inputs in Nigeria has dropped but is a fifth in the last three months, that's positive for FX conty.
Speaker 2: Because if you look at data, most of.
Speaker 3: Our effects applications from the import side is on patrol. So relatively danqulty is not positive short, mid, long term. But one of the things this government has done that how we look at it from in market perspective side, is that the reason why they had no choice then was that they could not take those reforms that me and you were shouting on them. The effex was subsidized. The glow declaring for that. People have forgotten that we were subsidizing efforts when.
Speaker 2: We're not't producing anything.
Speaker 3: There was a time cibin was not getting any effects, so we most prayer for that first. You know, when you want to you see the issue about economies that this continunity doesn't work in a solution.
Speaker 2: If you waste money, you will have the bad retirement. That's our life is.
Speaker 3: That's why people that enjoyed their retirement each the mad sacrifices sae. They put their fronts in different things investment. But we didn't do that. So that's the price we're pelling now.
Speaker 5: Okay, sefore you go, let me go ahead. The fair government put The problem I have with this budget. The problem have with this project is that, yeah, last year, if you look at the nine.
Speaker 3: Months they released from the ones released and you look at the Manaumal office, you see that they're setting it with implementation. The feder anisty have done better than to know. But however, we've seen that budget party. We've seen that fiscal monitoring from the National Assembly has been arable. You know, budget idea, you just so many data reports that shows that you're saying your projet in school budget on the pillow for work.
Speaker 2: You see the space center saying you won't do olive.
Speaker 1: The olive you're not saying it. Well, this school will set they want five billion nothing, samely will give them one hundred billion. That's what's happening in Nigeria. Misture of fisheries. I think it's fisheries that they always go to fisheres we say we want two billion, they will give them two hundred and forty billion. That's what's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's where they get the cut from.
Speaker 1: Exactly, That's what they get exactly. That's what's going on. Yeah, that's what's happening. Let me get Vivian has dropped off. I was gonna call and let's get some year limited and you get this hangle some year you've got the floor. I don't know where he is at. Let me get tired.
Speaker 6: A big fan of your tweets on economia and like thank your expenses now. So, like, I think this is a This is probably never gonna happen for Nigeria because you can see how difficult it was for DO to even kickoff, and how heavy the democratic kicking against it, because the is going to expose a lot of information which you know they've just had going over the year. So I think the one person that they don't try to maintain a semblance of transparency was impoty right when it started, same good treasury account, but we all know how that's ended up. Like it started up like this was a good measure he was trying to implement, but at the end of the day, he just seemed like every other previous day that we've had, still the same corruption, still the same going in circles and back to square ones. If transparency isn't sort of that from the local areas, like coming back from local government, state and then to the presidency and like the whole contrast whole, and then then.
Speaker 2: You see how we are so not there, we are so not there.
Speaker 6: It's easy for them to track this payment because there's always a pay per trail in the expenditure from the treasury asking for this amount. They can always that it can't come even after four administrations, and they can still track the paypa tray of the money. It's just the rationale for spending it. So it's like things that we should think him to be honest, I don't think we I don't think the sixes don't even want it because they don't even ask for It's.
Speaker 2: Like they don't you don't really care.
Speaker 1: It might shock people. But I've been really following this whole doge stingy in America. The Nigerian public finances, the way we account for public finances in Nigeria, honestly, it looks like it's better than what the Americans are doing. Let me give you an example. Once the Americans approve an appropriation, then it must be paid, even if the person is dead or the program has stopped. So once it's appropriated, they say twelve billion is going to appropriated for Abia's state and the state of Abia is no longer in existence or the stead of Abia is, it must be paid number one, number two. They have no vouture. There's no number on a vouture. So what I mean is this, if you appropriate money for Department of Energy for a project, that money money is giving out, but there's no tracking number. You know how TSA. If you go and get the conduct with the government, they'll tell you it is this styill put the budget number I E one five five. They link that appropriation back to the line item. You know why you pick Nigerian budgets. You see line items money for head office computer. That line item is what shows up on your contract that's how budgets. It is able to say, okay, we are tracking this line item and we could not find it, don't have it. In America, they don't what so once it's appropriated. That's the fight you are seeing is between there's something in America called impoundment. Impoundment before Nixon, when Congress appropriates, just like in Nigeria, Congress would appropriate, then the president will spend. So Congress will pass the budget just like sat in Nigeria. Then the president which is the executive, will spend. So like in Nigeria, Congress naturally the term they say we're going to build legos to Calabar Road, they appropriate money, but it is left to the president to then go and spend that money on the road. Not in America. In America they have what to call impoundment, where once Congress appropriates that money, even the president cannot stop it. All the president can do to say he will not do it, but the money will go out. So the money will go out to us beggar or where the president likes this or not, then beggar will just wait for the plans to come. That's the fight you are seeing, really that these guys are going against. So what's coming back to your to the issue about the way the whole budget it really is. It's just it doesn't make any sense to me that Nigeria has better controls, but the politics and the people seem to be where we have a problem with. Where the Americans seem to have very very lacked controls, but they are the the people on the process seem to come in there. But in our own case, we have TSA or culture. Well I did I f f ID, so every every employee in Nigeria today has a number attached to your organization. That's what US was fighting against. So they can say if you are Calu, you work a mistery of Finance, then they know you cannot work for any other government agency. That's the whole ippis they don't have in America. So that's why it's all the US. They don't have it. So it's amazing how we have these things on paper but we don't use it and Americans don't even have it. Were we seem to be more advanced in terms of our controls, but we just don't do it. That's why we I don't know so legally legally, what the National Assembly has done to increase the budgets of saying, mistery of Faciales from one billion to one hundred billion is legal, but it's wrong in a way, but it's legal. That's the problem. I haven't Nigia that is illegal, but it's all wrong. Twenty one billion for the VP's home is not illegal. It has passed most but it's wrong. Samia, let me get Anthony in here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, callu, thank you very much for the opportunity to speak.
Speaker 2: I'd like to look at.
Speaker 7: This from a different perspective, Samyah, I see you, my brother, I see you. I want to use a top down approach. I think the problem Nigeria.
Speaker 2: Has is the system of government.
Speaker 7: Now, I'm glad that we've been trying to juxtapose Nigeria's system versus the American system. We all know how the presidential system of government is very very expensive. The federal, the state and the local government. Nigeria needs to go back to the parliamentary system of government completely. We need to put we need to put power back in the hands of the people where people become accountable and are easily more easily removed from office when they do not perform their duties.
Speaker 2: And they are not accountable. This is going to take a very It's going to take a.
Speaker 7: Huge effort, obviously, because there's so much corruption.
Speaker 2: As we all know that the.
Speaker 7: Leadership and accountability and lack of rule of law are the problems of Nigeria. So until we go and change that system of government, I don't see how we're going to be able to implement change in Nigeria as regards accountability.
Speaker 8: Because I'll give you an example.
Speaker 7: We all see the massive pushback against Doge and against Elon Musk to be specific. In the United States of America, nobody likes change.
Speaker 2: Even in any organization. Change management is one of.
Speaker 7: The most difficult things amongst executives.
Speaker 2: Nobody likes change. So for us to be thinking that things.
Speaker 7: Are going to change in Nigeria and everything, it's going to take a gun to one efforts.
Speaker 2: So I don't see anything changing very very soon.
Speaker 7: Especially because it's so hard to hold these leaders accountable.
Speaker 2: So that's my submission.
Speaker 1: Thank you very I mean, you make that point so so simply, and you make it very very quickly. But it's a major point. This presidential system we run is too expensive. When I can't afford apprentical system before we used to have the parliamentary system. You forget to make this point that in a parliamentary system, the minister has to be elected. So if we had to the six States, then you have to be elected and then when you're elected, become a minister. So there's no there's no executive in quote, there's the elected folks become the ministers. So obviously you cut off one complete layer of government away. And then of course if you're a minister of state and you're representing on Hafia and then you go there, you do you make, you start to do nonsense, then I will call you back. So there's this accountability not to the party, not even to your try, but to your own individual constituency. You know where you come from. So you know that, listener, I have to perform. I can't go there. You know this presential system is too expensive. You have the president, national Assembly, then state governors, state Assembly, then local government also has local assembly on on which money Now, these same oiline guys are already saying we are borrowing. Nigeria is the only nation on earth that the citizens subsidized their oil company. We subsidize NNPC without tax money and episode subsidized us. That subsidy is a very very impressive crafted world to make you believe that fuel would have been expensive for NNPC reduced the cost. No fuel is expensive because NNPCE is the one refining the oil. If there was no NNPC today, your oil would be cheaper because that company that would have repaid an NPC would have built a finary twenty years ago. I would have maintained to refinanced still today. Can you imagine Nigerian bank today if Nigerian banks ran refineries, yes, they will charge you coot, but can you imagine a GM bank not investing in their refinery quote unquote It's not possible. Let me not talking abou because ATMs are there. But you get the point I'm making that NNPC is to go anything. There's nothing with n in Nigeria is working, NFA and NPC. Anything that has that N in front of it, that means that the government owns it doesn't work. Nigeral infinitial gas has escaped because it's own. No, it's not all niger it's own forty nine Nigeria. It's not majority. Was Nigeria's tech majority control. I'm not another abuse google it. There's not Nigerian Airways Shipping Line NFA anything. You put that air in front, not because any is, but it's the government control. They're coming there, they start to spend. I don't know, man, but good points.
Speaker 2: Us. When you cannot run an.
Speaker 3: Economic concern like a political organization, you cannot interfere on issues of accountability and good management.
Speaker 1: In countries where the.
Speaker 3: Politicians understand that the economic management is key, they intervene only when it is necessary. They don't intervene because they want their cronies to get certain favors from the system.
Speaker 2: In this country, we have a situation where.
Speaker 1: That is the case.
Speaker 3: So when we change that, then we'll begin to see different results even from our public institutions, because public institutions that provide an economic service can work. It's just that if you have them, you must run them on the right principles.
Speaker 2: You can run them as a as a means of patronage to your political friends. That's just all I wanted to say.
Speaker 1: I hear you, I hear and again, I don't think Nigeria. I don't think. Let me streat myself, so I don't see Nigeria's I don't think I care who runs an NPC as long as there's cheap fuel. Dan Gotta today we say it's a monopolist. We say before dan Gotta built his refinery, NPC had issued forty four licenses for refineries. Before dangottested to build, his people had the final license, no one built. It's the same with cements. Oh, Dangote has monopilied cement. Before I was in this country, when a passenger to turn to and build cement factories, nobody built than Gotta built. So Nigeria just want the country to work for everybody. If you don't want to, if you if you are close to the government and you steal money, invest in Nigeria, you know it's it's mind blowing you. You know you go to Indonesia. Is the exact same to Indonesia as in Nigeria. They had a military president that was a sorry to Indonesians. The Soharo family returned billions, but the same Soharato family invested in an Indonesian car built infrastructure all across Indonesia that today the country has moved is riding on the same. We have a huge population, the same with Indonesia. We have a diverse religious and political system. Just like Indonesia. We have crude oil, just like Indonesia. We have palm oil, just like Indonesia. There's really little different in Nigia and Indonesia, but this look at their economy and the economy today. As a matter of fact, mint m I ant that Mexico Indonesia. That was Nigeria. And there was the tea who was what was tea? What was tea? M I ant what was ta? I forget what tea was? Who knows what he was? Mexico Indonesia night Turkey was Turkey. Now we've dropped off, We've dropped off. Those countries have moved on and we've dropped off. So good point elarger, Let's get the larger sultan.
Speaker 9: Good living in Carlo, goodivning, lumiadiving.
Speaker 2: I'm enjoying the conversation so far. I just want to speak about the cultural.
Speaker 10: The cultural thing about Nigerians that they see political offices.
Speaker 2: As a as a point to go and steal public fronts.
Speaker 10: In places in very very small societies, not very very small units of government like maybe and.
Speaker 2: The hospital institutions.
Speaker 10: You see, everybody's striving on how to steal and lisk the resources. So because Nigerians themselves, they even the ones in power they are choosing or selected from in the midst of Nigerians generally, So an average Nigerian have this thing that whenever I have as to fund that belongs to the government, lets miss tale everything and is accepted by the Nigerians society. So when when these things look like the norm of about eighty five percent of Nigerians, where you have access to government fund, you wasted. Then how how do we begin to cult the spending problem? I've always advocated, I've always I've always advocated for more consequences for these actions.
Speaker 2: If we have it kind of systems.
Speaker 10: That that punish wistfulness in government, then we can start talking about how to curtail the spending problem of most Nigerians aware I live in communities here. If you have if your budget, if you have exceeded what you need, what you your your budget, I.
Speaker 2: Mean money are located for you for the year, If you.
Speaker 10: Have completed all your projects, you are always looking for how do I return this money because you cannot take it, it does not belong to you. But back home, they would not even do the project, They would steal the money and delay the project. So every Nigerian, even as far perk as when we're in student you know government back in those days when you umediately become a student, you.
Speaker 2: Know government leader of a university.
Speaker 10: Your peers are expecting you to do large amounts of celebrations for them, despite the fact that it's its student money. So an average Nigeria believes that government's money is to be wasted is to buy build houses. Your relatives start calling you to do lots of things for them.
Speaker 2: So the cultural thing of.
Speaker 10: Wastefulness it identifies with a lot of Nigerians. That is why you see them make money alreadily and become broke in a certain number of days. So if there were consequences to we think government fronts, if they were, if these people do not keep getting.
Speaker 2: Away with what the loot or how they are.
Speaker 10: Wasteful wasting resources, maybe we can have a better chance of curtailing the the spending problem, where you know you account for every every double that you spend. There's there's the clending still government houses. When the government comes into day, he will renovate the building. When another governor comes in today, he will do something something similar A similar project. That is why they approved projects and a lot of time, so they don't see it as grimed. They see that when you get away from government, you can negotiate and say, oh, this is the amount as I have stolen, or I can pay back twenty five percent and I'll keep the rest. So and then as long as they keep getting away with that, every and average engenera will see it as and avenue to go as well as still a whisk of me resources.
Speaker 1: Thank you, I think maybe good points again the cultural outside that you brought up. You know, once someone enters the government, he goes to his church, he does thanksgiving, Nobody ask any question. He goes from his biq to a ten bedroom massed and his ladier say, oh, a charge a price to go there and bless the house. His kids all move abroad. We say wow, his kids will go on Instagram. Wow, I want to be like these guys are enjoying. Nobody ask any questions. In Nigeria, a gates man, Your gatesman can become a governor in two years. Your gates man and people will say, wow, he was you know, he was a he was in the trenches.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: Nobody ask any question. So you make a good, great point. Really make it a good point that you know, we have to ask questions, we have to hold people to account. You know, where's this money coming from? It's my money, you know, someone's kids. You know, I was in the UK, ones I went. I was in UK university to visit someone and a governor. I won't cause the government. I don't want to be so the governor came to the university that night and this guy was sharing one hundred pound notes to everyone in this in the in the dormitory, one hundred pound note was giving them, you know, to everyone there. Yeah, in the UK, I can give you the town, but I don't know not governor. You know, everyone was wow. It was giving. They had not seen that morning their life before he was doing it. And that many examples go on social media. You say kids going to buy friendy Gucci with your own money, and everybody's like, wow, these kids are enjoying. It's your money. You can't oppress me with my money. But that's when I jump potitions are doing. They're a pressing you with your own money, and then you praise them. I won't have it when I want to have a private jet like this guy. You know, it's it's crazy. Uh, mister Vessie, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir, Thank you, mister Vessie. You've got the floor. Anthony, Please go ahead, Anthony. I hope you guys can hear me. Anthony, you can, uh Ve says you've got the floor. Please go ahead. What if you can hear me? Olive? They let me bring it back to them, to the market, back to just just back to this Bodet deficit. So if we're going to borrow thirteen trillion, what does that do to interest rate in Nigiera. It's gonna go up, it's gonna come down because the market adn't knows that we're going to have to come and borrow and we're going to borrow more. As you said, the dollar has sort of stabilized. Does that push rates up a bit? Does it bring raised down the bit? What should I do?
Speaker 2: I think it's kind of time to be honest with you. Notice that the CPN.
Speaker 3: Surprisingly postpone the MPC meeting as all the excuse us that that is.
Speaker 2: Not ready MBS.
Speaker 3: You know that's disappointing because you know the impact of NPC meeting on the capital market and a lot of policy.
Speaker 2: Please take that, use that decision to plan.
Speaker 3: In fact, the headline interestrate really play the crush all our monetary instruments, so cal it's very difficult too.
Speaker 2: But I'll say this, I think I think the CPN, in my OUNTN opinion this year their.
Speaker 3: Reforms, I've been trying to buy time again for the physical side to get things right. The Carlo I don't think we are not looking at this that fpis are common at the premium. We have to pay them at least twenty one percent, you know, because they're bringing their money to invest in that the later set, because we also have to create an incentive to discourage population. However, I think that what would be the saving grace tis if down put it at least definitely, that would put it what we saw in Saudia Arco in Saudia Arabia, that that would put a positive inflow of capital into a capital market. In addition, I also see the fact that Tudor production is ramping up, you know Zaplat's exomobile deal, and the number of a discounts is increasing. Investments in that sector is going up. Energy stocks are doing very well. The energy policy degree sorry, degrees of approval are not like always are saying before.
Speaker 2: So the reforms in the energy sector gives us up.
Speaker 3: But from the poltical angle, you know what cases me from the protical side is that many of these things are liabilities. And I was so shocked, you know, you know when some people I don't know better because of inflation has affected the rebel for you to be calling for tirty one new stage, you know.
Speaker 2: It fits more magulation.
Speaker 3: In fact, everybody was like stone because you know you said it that allsted on in reality can't really stand on their own.
Speaker 2: And why I still give.
Speaker 3: Legos some proms, it's because that if you look at it, historically many states working legals feeble. Look at them quarterifying for example, what's not legals parity. I look at some projects it came to legals or because those states they lost. So we need a system where efficiency is rewarded. And I feel that if our markets are upgraded, cal if our markets are greated because we are still downbredd. If the stock market is upraided, and that means for investors who come in GP more Gan report definitely planning to open an asset management officing Legos that would be positive to my betty start while taking the risk on Nigeria. I see that on those case Genara maybe two thousand and two. The best case scenario Gnara at once three. But with the stock parking rallying, with the young banks meeting profits, any incision is coming strongly.
Speaker 2: You see what the manufacturing sector is doing.
Speaker 3: Definitely, my bet is start, we're going to have the positive five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean so, let me just ask you again on that question. We saw Trump saying that he wants to go to Saudi Arabia and it's going to ask them to reduce the price of crude. There's also a piece deal between Ukraine and Russia in the works. The peace is saying that Russia will sort of hold what they have, Ukraine will not join me too. But what that means is that Russian oil will not be saved from Ukraine attacks and Russia will start to pump out more oil. So it's that Iran. It's where Trump wants to apply the pressure. The point I'm getting to it is if Russian oil starts to flow, American oil is already flowing. Saudi oil is already flowing because tromp pants ton or price of oil as a counterweait to Russia. That puts the Nigerian budget in very, very deep. The risk is there that if you don't sell oil at if oil goes to sixty when in big trouble sixty.
Speaker 3: But why why would the Saudis agree to what the Americans are asking for?
Speaker 1: Because because because they have the Petro do life. Yeah, they have, and they have they have a world. And again, don't don't forget that it's Iran Don't forget it's before before October seventh. It was the Arab world versus the Iranians.
Speaker 5: Before Otoba, the Wahamas did so there's still that thing there.
Speaker 3: But don't don't don't make the mistake that there is an assumption that there.
Speaker 12: Is no meeting of the minds between the Iranians and the Saudis and other oil producers with regards to what is also in their common interests.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yes, they have political differences, no doubt, but when it comes to the issue of oil production and ensuring that the price of oil, it gives them maximum repion is because Thudi Arabia also have their own internal issues as.
Speaker 2: Well, and they have a lot of developmental.
Speaker 3: Projects that they need money. Yeah, well I know, I know what I was saying, and I get your own angosa. But the real it is that America and Saudia Arabia. It's also been Saudia's interests if it is not too expensive or explain why, because what I was really saying is smart because if you understand the fact that uns this is the leading of oil and also the fact that when all is expensive, your production becomes attractive, and the production is big in America and that was.
Speaker 2: Wife remember some years back.
Speaker 3: Arabia try to keep all at lower end levels because.
Speaker 2: They want to make your production car however.
Speaker 3: Or Nigeria, I think would be win came because if you don't explain why, marginally it looks like it looks like in negative scenario because you know, naturally Coulder is our major export, but in reality not really a big player and couldn't expose again and the fact that we also have down Quaturifiray bringing out exports and will find we expect discent margins and also the.
Speaker 2: Composition of life could still makes it more attractive.
Speaker 3: You look at the WAT for example, he's selling ten dollars less than press could Nigeria's could is three to five dollars higher than press could, so it will really take a lot and I don't see it happening this year. We runners will sit with the present on the table because my strategy is that sorry, my strategy presents from strategy is that.
Speaker 2: He wants to bring a lot of people to the table. He's already working on that. It's working.
Speaker 3: But in vanity is that this don't happen in this all all all is it going to be sensitive commodity and it's mostly seasons and a lot of funamental so it's stronger to for example, wo cap all prices, but at the same time it might boost nagers. Socrates a very debated put thing.
Speaker 2: But what a lot of people are putting on is that the.
Speaker 13: Fact that Couldy is already pigiar about twelve noon parers of good American could it means that he can't cheaper margins. He can export descent margins and we have fatlizer exports already on ground.
Speaker 2: The fact that the blood is already kicking.
Speaker 3: Out this his fields around exammobile you're seeing them, is also ramping up.
Speaker 2: On that on that angle you see, uh, the clouds power Gurugu.
Speaker 3: Taking advantage of the fact that Africa, the govermmber is giving the fire government billions of dollars to turn eleetricity. So calu this year we expect efforts to improve all this doma.
Speaker 2: But the risk for Nigeria, the risk of niger.
Speaker 3: Is implementation and how these things are torn. That's where city problem because in Firing, for example Danko this day this year, for example, a competitude to their calu at the two billion dollars were coming from from the outside world. In lot of investors from Determinal to High Street, to Ministreet to Mayfair. All they want is they want to get a mark on down Koti. So I think clean y YouTube.
Speaker 1: But remember Dann does do private placement to those big boys. The money comes to him directly and not to Nigeria. But just putting aside, right, I read the Treasure Secretary Mister Scott Bassett said they have three main goals. So one of those goals is three million new barrels of crude pumped out three million. Nigeria is still struggling with one point six one point eight, so the US wants to add the total production that Nigeria is making this is US not in OPEC. I know, ail markets are like substitution. If Russia takes over India, because now the Russians are taking over the Indian market because of dis counter crude, then Nigeria has got to go to a new market to then look forward to sell its own crude. So it's like we keep on displacing ourselves. Russia has left Europe, it's going to India, then Nigeria will now go to Europe to cover the US the Russia the Russias leave. Then America now goes to the same Europe to supply them crude oil. So we're now competing with low. Imagine Europe put out like fossil fuel is.
Speaker 2: Taking a West Africa market is going in roads to me doing and there are reports that is already having a couple of agreements with So yeah, I agree with you. That's why the future of.
Speaker 3: Nigeria emagine industries actually the downstream because like you said, imagine it's expensive.
Speaker 2: You know the operating.
Speaker 3: Operation that costs for Niger which is between night to forty eight, the paye the most expensive.
Speaker 2: And it's not that we are on the rocky. I don't know why that is because of security. Are different things.
Speaker 3: But if you look at Sadia for example, it costs less than ten dollars, so suddenly can afford oil prices can pass up, which yeah, I agree with you, but I think our future is betting on the refined, where we get high imagines like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I just hope that the only thing that gives me confidence in Nigeria today is done got refinery. That's a game changer in Nigeria, game changer, and we're delaying the game chaine because we're not giving the man crude oil. If Dangote got crude oil today one hundred percent from n NPC that he needs one hundred percent today, Nayra is going to lose about being sound naira. So you see Nira about be twelve hundred. This is just him getting the crude oil because that would transition. It's going to be more FX endings because he's going to export by products. Then his crude oil his PMS price. He can keep driving his PMIS price downwards because he's finding locally. Crude oil is international, but he's finding locally. You can't compete with him. I'm not sure what the sort of NPC guys are doing all around the place saying that you can't compete the guy that has six hundred and thousand barrel scale in nineteen, he's in Nigeria. You can compete with him.
Speaker 14: So they know that they have the other in case that true. Yeah, yeah, yeah, interrupt you guys.
Speaker 3: I want to just ask two questions because these are things that I've made, I've always wondered about, especially when you were talking.
Speaker 2: About the interest rate.
Speaker 3: We know that the current interest rates we have in Nigeria are unsustainable for industry.
Speaker 2: They cannot borrow.
Speaker 3: Anybody who borrows can only do it for a short time. You can on make any long term business plans based on borrowing money from the Nigerian Banking Center. What would it take to bring our interest rates to below ten percent? In Canada, in the US, in the UK the interest rate is between four and five percent maximum Almost ours is now it's sixty fives as much?
Speaker 2: What do we do?
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people don't understand that if you look at inflationary that the love of reasons, why are interestes are high?
Speaker 2: And you know, from a MOUNTI.
Speaker 3: Perspective to the nest with two that's the best way to bring.
Speaker 2: In influenced like and you don't really apposes your country.
Speaker 3: Now look just look at the socialia for example, many people who are on mini coins, maybe, who are on skids making, maybe who are ranting.
Speaker 2: Maybe, so we're not really put it.
Speaker 3: If you look at export imports, it's not even chinnas two weeks export import in it.
Speaker 2: If you look at it, look at what China and declaras.
Speaker 3: Sup and declare declared supplus because what's Typrica declared surplus?
Speaker 15: You know were the valety is that we are not ampoosing the country and that.
Speaker 2: You are part to change it.
Speaker 16: Now you have banks, for example, they are they are integral to.
Speaker 2: Our economy and they also have to able.
Speaker 3: To figure to.
Speaker 2: Your community. Is so uh.
Speaker 3: The the reason is that if our banks, for example, they have to be created. The reason why our banks are instellar profits is not because the really sector is working, is because they are not everywhere else on cutch treasury management where they have to do investments like good Man saxpone and study a bank like ancest for examples, are devastating opening in different African countries because they want to have less pressure. And then you're so, why are you're talking about that? It's not the job of banks to fix the ready sector because a lot of people will say, we're bank making so much money and this other The reis is.
Speaker 2: That banks have to be creative and we have the best brace in our industry managing that system. For defer government.
Speaker 3: To really make our system productive, you first have to fix the culture.
Speaker 2: People don't want to want businesses.
Speaker 3: People don't want go from See look at the space wayer talking in for example, how many.
Speaker 2: People are interesting for us?
Speaker 3: Because I always say that see your passion with break barriers. Business people who Anda I know really appreciate it. You you post kick makers in front of business people. You want people to do business, then the persons. Belo has seven distant buildings in Nigeria's talk market is not any billionnaire. And all these businesses are profitable. Four of these four of the stocks. Because I'm every exposed to the stocks at all the time, I do you know how much it's making for investors. But still najas are so poor that you can't take advantage of that. If you're invested in three four years ago, you have been a big boy right.
Speaker 2: Now because see work Transcorp.
Speaker 3: For example, we did one thousand in two years. You know, But I maybe I just can't take a radice of these things. So it's not that we don't have bright people, but these bright people are not head. I'm going to try to push these bright people, you know, because we have a system where entertainment and all this distraction take the other of the day. It becomes a problem. So we have a fiscal problem, we have a social problem. We have a mental problem, because if we cannot really taste the social and mental and make business people attractive, there are people who don't invest.
Speaker 2: Because it's not that people we don't have intelligent people. It's not that we don't have processes that are not working.
Speaker 3: Even with just tough climate, we have people minting money. That's why I keep shouting that see pull these rich guys. Yes it's not perfect, but this which guy have found a way to break even in this market. You can be part of this. So I think the solution is personalized for me. I think the solution is within.
Speaker 2: You have.
Speaker 3: We have to change the culture. We have to push in successful people forward.
Speaker 2: We have to we were plagizing governments. We also need to fix ourselves because every selves as a little bit you lear on it.
Speaker 3: You cannot be criticizing governments and the line on the bed not doing anything, not learning, because look at the blockchain, look at I see manners are self thoughts man that.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say, I don't want to point out something.
Speaker 3: I don't know how far your memory goes back with regards to now our Nigeria has been.
Speaker 2: If you go.
Speaker 3: Back to the late nineteen sixties and the nineteen seventies up to the mid nineteen eighties, there was an industrial sector in Nigeria that was growing.
Speaker 2: It was producing things.
Speaker 3: Were being made, different things being made. These industries were employing people. And if we had continued to develop that industrial sector, then it would have brought about an increase in despise of the economy. It would have helped to increase the purchasing power of people who are earning from the manufacturing sector.
Speaker 2: But when.
Speaker 3: NIRA collapsed in the mid eighties, all these industries crashed, most of them for use.
Speaker 1: Listen, let me give you the academic answer for those listening right. So, interest rate is the cost of money. You know, when you go to buy meatpie, you pay money that's the cost of the meat pie. When you go to a bank, you buy money, you pay interest as the cost of that money. Now inflation, right, if you look at the very very busy developed inflation, it's too much money in the economy chas into a few because that's a very very busy definition that we all know. So what's going on is that in Nigeria today there's just a lot of naira we printed to the three trillion. Then we have all these budgets. We have a lot of money in circulation, but there's no production, there's no productivity. Most of the semes have closed down because there's no power to power the industries. Right, So what you then see is that one million today was not what one minion was ten years ago. Today one million. So now all that one million is around. What does the cibien do? Decibians all central banks in the world were created to fight inflation, all of them. The rest of do is Jarra, from America to UK to Nigeria. They are all created to fighting inflation. How do you fight infliction? Remember it was of infliction. Too much money in the economy, so you remove the economy, the money in the economy how do you move the money in the economy. You go to the banks, or you tell the banks that I'm going to lend you. I'll lend you money at twenty three percent. That's the MPR gott In MPR montropolity ate, twenty three percent. Once you put your rate at twenty percent, no bank will go below you because it doesn't make any sense. Why would they lend you cheaper than where they're going to borrow from. So interest rates now sort of move up. So when interest rates move up, all of you now rush to piggy best who rush to all your banks, and you put money in Piggyvest and the rest because you want to end a higher interest rate. So Sybyan mops up money from the economy into all these outlets because it raises interest rates. But by resnues interest rates, SMEs cannot borrow. You see the problem. So to fight inflation, you have to raise interest rate. But when you raise interest rates, semes cannot borrow. So in economics there's no right or wrong answer. It gives you choices. Niger has got two choices. Nija can say, we want to fight inflation, so we're going to raise rates. Kill inflation, then pursue groots. The problem in Nigeria is that what causes inflation is not this morning's circulation. What's causing inflation is the high cost of food. That because food is no longer available in Niger because of the insurgency in the Middle Belt, the North and all that, all the insecurities that's happening, So food has gone off in price. So because food has gone up in price, that's what's causing the inflation. Food goes up, so everybody's prices goes up. So when the cb and raises MPR, it doesn't solve the problem because they can't produce food in CBN. They can only raise interest rates. So what's the seconding. Nijack and Naja can say we're going to ignore inflation and pursue groot with mess. Nija just tells Sabian print twenty trillion. I don't care. Print the money. Take the money and give it to SMEs to buy diesel or to subsidize their industries and let them produce. Someone is gonna say, wow, Carl, you are printing twenty trillion. That will cost inflation. Not so America has been printing money since q E one q E two, q E three, there was no inflation. You get the inflation when there's no production to soak up that excess cash. So if you go to Niger and you say you want to buy what to Niger's buy every day? Indo Me. What's the price of one Indo Me pack? And I don't know how much, I'm sure maybe fifteen d era one Indo w pak if you make if you let's say Indo Me was an SEMy and you gave Indo Me twenty billion and you said, Indo Me want you to drop the price of indome from one hundred and era to ten error in the me, It's okay, we're gonna take this money. We're gonna build solar to reduce our energy cost because they've invested that twenty trillion or whatever to reduce energy costs. The price by Indo Me falls. So you see, there's more mone in the economy, but prices actually go down because there's more productivity. That increasing productivity then drives the consumption that is absent today. That's what's going.
Speaker 2: On because America in the reserve, America, it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't, it might, it does, it doesn't matter, it matters anywhere it's under or under good luck and conjury. Well, we also printed money, but the inflation was flat line at about nine or it was flat line. It's the issue is the productivity. If you don't have power supply, If you don't have power supplies, you are going to be in trouble.
Speaker 3: Just trying to give the monetary perspective of monetaries then to tell like, if you look at your most plying that guments, is.
Speaker 2: That essially spending inflation?
Speaker 3: You know you have to look at the argument. But I understand your thing. But if you look at the context of me, now it's not used outside.
Speaker 1: I hear you looking there. I hear you. But America America printed money and built Hoover Dam, Nigeria printed money, or Nijera borrowed money and also built Kanji Dam. Nobody would argue that Kanji Dam is inflationary. Nobody because Kanji Dam prices power that then powers semis. So whatever you spend in kanji the productivity gain will soak up the inflation. I wrote, if you can google an altogether about inflution in my village, when you go to any flag in the southeast from the from December tenth to December fifth to generary fifth, prices go up one hundred percent in the village. That's not inflation, that's not that is more demand pushing up prices because once those guys leave the foind the guys guys leave the village, the prices can come back down again. So it's not the price high that is the problem is that prices are going up and income is not keeping peace in in the village. Prices go up, but there's dollars everywhere. So what I what I did call or not or the palm wine is one thousand. There's an American that has come back from that. It's going to spend the thousand. So there's no inflection per se in the village. The same in America, when infleshon goes up, wages go up. But in Nigeria, your we just have been thirty thousand naira for nearly a decade and prices have gone up. So the only way you can greet that wage to go up is productivity. You've got to produce things at a cheaper price in Nigeria to create local wealth. What that happens, Infleshian will not be a bother. It doesn't matter if prices of rice goes up by five percent next year, because your income will go up by ten percent, So it's immaterial. That's the point. Geesha can be tankobo or one hundred narra. It doesn't matter if your income goes up from tenkobo to two hundred narra. The wahala is that in Nigeria gesha has gone from tenkobo to hundred and era and your wage has gone from tenkobo to fifty cobo. That's the problem.
Speaker 2: So but can we can we agree that.
Speaker 3: Using using interest rates to deal with the issue of inflation can only work.
Speaker 2: When there is physical discipline from the government.
Speaker 3: You're using they're using interest rates you to deal with the with the with the bands.
Speaker 2: But this is the government that is pumping out billions of billions of explained.
Speaker 3: Simple reason why is why is the interest rate looking attractive?
Speaker 2: You know, if we have lure with this situation we're coming from. If we have.
Speaker 3: Interest rate, trust me and I would have gotten to or like you said, I've gotten to the reason why I would have this kind of stability is that fbis are coming to that you have and investing in our treasy views. So it's given the cpn ethicts to intervet, control, stabilize, catalyze the market.
Speaker 2: But you know it's also giving.
Speaker 3: Us time if any were already dissent, like the operation that you use color, it should have assisted.
Speaker 2: But right now that's.
Speaker 3: The best ammunition the CBN has.
Speaker 2: So if you say you want to wants to reduce, do you.
Speaker 3: Know the amount of speculation is also so I don't agree its speculation.
Speaker 1: Only that you can only do two things. You can only do two things. You can number one increasing interest rates and then kill growth because interest rates kill growth. That's the academic or you can reduce interest rates, allow inflation and allow growth. You can't do both of them. So now in Nigeria, for me, for me, I would say this, now the inflation increase, the reason of the m PR is not really killing inflation. We have been raising interest rates for the last two years, kept on going up, so we might let's try something. But we know that we know that, right, we know that, So let's do something else.
Speaker 2: Let's do the arguments telling it. You be honest, if you ask, many.
Speaker 3: Monitual financialists will tell you that the eye interest rates is no leads to solve intuition because we all know that it's not solving intuition, but it does it lots now capitial markets.
Speaker 2: It brings stability in our market.
Speaker 1: But only it's the same. It's the same thing where this, this attracting f PI is the same where you fight inflation. When you sell a currency, you are making the other currency go higher. When cb AND sells dollars, Nayra goes higher. So when CBR makes interest rates for Nigeria higher, they are making people to buy nyra and sell dollar, so the same thing they're doing. The point I'm getting to is this, if inflation cannot be brought down, cannot be brought down by by by monetary means in Nigeria alone, because civilian does not control how much rice grows in kerby, then perhaps should pause inflation targeting and go after targeted investment. I'm sorry to say this exactly what mister Methley was doing. Take a lot of money, go to targeted companies and say we're going to give you this money at five percent. It's a subsidy on interest rate. Produce produce at five percent.
Speaker 2: You're going.
Speaker 1: It happens in any in any economy, is exactly what happens that Americans do it, the British do it, The European Central Bank does it. Yes, that's what I'm saying. Yes, the US FED will give you what is fd I S this those are all last year. Let me let me explain. You asked me a question, because folks are listening. Regional banks in America were under thread last year to collapse regional banks when we had the collapse of the Silicon Valley Bank. What did the FED do it? First of all, said FDI whether you are fd I S or not, f d C blankets guarantee, blankets guarantee in America, blankets guarantee fd I C and the FED. So the point of making development of finance, we are we are developing in the nation. We are not growing at two to three percent like how the West cruise we have. We have to look at ourselves like the weird Europe was after Second World War when the Americans did marshal up plan. You've got to go deficit financing, borrow in lots and invest in capital project. The problem that just that we're borrowing to pay salary. If we borrowed today to build rails, roads and rails, nobody will complain. But you can't borrow and build salaries.
Speaker 5: That when you're talking about the money.
Speaker 2: Is there efficts that we have in Nigeria.
Speaker 3: According to JP Morgan a lot as we have worked about six pillion gross, we don't really have money.
Speaker 1: Olimited Nigeria issue. Nigeria issued a five hundred million dollars bond and it was over subscribed in Nigeria, not abroad. In Nigeria here the Symbian told Nigeria's if you have dollar, bring it out five hundred it was over subscribed. Let me tell you if Cypian off issues a one billion dollar dollar one billion dollar bond today in Nigeria paying six percent in to be over subscribed, America is paying three percent. We are going to get in dollar six percent guaranteed from Cybian it to be over subscribed. Symbian can do it. The problem is that were with the semen that was is that money for today is not money to give to BDCs because that's how we love this. This stability talk about lived is because the CBN is selling dollar, I'm buying Nira. That's why I write stable before. If CBN stops b d C Onlimita today, Olim there spaces. B if CDN stops BDC sales today, now I will crash quote me.
Speaker 2: Lemlproof Why I disagree you.
Speaker 3: So look at the top of the year, look at the experiance start of the year, and look at when busses came into play.
Speaker 2: The year is about six weeks old, right, the years about six weeks. If you look at the f FROMMTQ, this is a letter has arranged between one, five and one for fifty to one. Yeah, I want to putting that.
Speaker 1: Rule.
Speaker 2: But what I'm trying to tell.
Speaker 3: You is that ability and demand FX demand in Nigeria has.
Speaker 2: Moderated a cross board. Let's and the kind of.
Speaker 3: Bull a city be so in the past two two years, we're not expected correct. Market is not clear to market, you cannot get that kind of that except so you have to put all those.
Speaker 1: Don't crowded space if you guys want to speak, But let me say something live. Their stability is supply. When Nigerians don't see supply of EFX, you know what they do, They buy two three months supply today. So if I'm an important, no, no, let me let me learn. Let me learn. If I'm an important and I import tiles and I need ten thousand dollars to import tiles. If there's effects stability, I only bid for one month, so the demand will just be for one month. But if I see that there's no demand, there's no supply of dollars, what would I bid for our bid for six months. So the demand for dollars Niger is artificial because people are bidding for bed I'm not sure of getting supply tomorrow. What Cybian has done which is perfect, which is perfect and should be commended. Siban is telling these guys that listen, I have dollars for you, don't overbid. If you want dollars in March, wait till March and bid. So because there's stability and people are saying, okay, I will not tie down my naira and buy dollar. I will wait till March and buy my dog. That's what you're saying Naire today. This stability is because CYBN is saying if you want dollar, will give you dollar. So it has become stable. I'm not saying it's wrong strategy. I'm saying this is the right strategy. But if CBN today does not replace this FPP, I can only do FPI Foreign popular investments. It is the federal government that should do foreign direct investments and remittances. So it is Cybian is doing. We've done. Oh no, FPI has come in. It's one year maximum, two year maximum. The government should then take over and do FDI. What means that you and I olimitated that are broad or can have abroad, will infloat the last baton to invest. If you don't do that, ultimately, sim it's going to just be borrowing money at expensive rates to pay back due to people. FPI is unsustainable. That's the point. Yeah, I'm just at what you have.
Speaker 2: So this is what recipient is doing on defer government, So we just update on their own strategy.
Speaker 3: You understand that there's a window where you have to put your FX in the bank, so it's going to be put in after that wind to it's going to be kind of legal for you to have FX outside the banking system.
Speaker 2: That will also give the NaNs one by time. However, if you.
Speaker 3: Also look at the fact that the FX code, the efficiency of our financ market where you have.
Speaker 2: You determine now to run Now you.
Speaker 11: Have f transaction as somehow really brought.
Speaker 3: In stability since November to January.
Speaker 2: That that's also helped yes.
Speaker 3: PDC pleasing usual liquidity for waiting for business pity.
Speaker 2: I'm not disupposing that.
Speaker 3: I'm only saying that there are a lot of factors that the government is really working on. But my thing is that if they really implement all the things they plan to do, I don't see how the night would be this parabolic like we saw was blue because our demands, they already know our demand size, They already know the fact that.
Speaker 1: You and I talking for instance of Nigeria, you and I talking don't know the the claims on that effects reserve. We have forty something billion turn something billion. We don't know the claims on that effects reserve. So you and I talking here cannot even say, oh, we we have money for six months or eight months. Supply there's money in the foreigners, but it's borrowed money. The point again, I come back to this again, to this. As long as Nigeria's know they supply from CIB and they not, I keep on falling. Sorry, the door keep on falling because Steveen is saying to Nigeria and I will give you dollars, don't rush, don't don't try to build an advance when in school session. When in school fish time, When school fish time comes, that's when we can test the sybyan stability policy. Because Cybia has got to have a lot of dollars on hand, so that when you go to your bank or you go to your quota and quote dollar gund you say I want to buy dollar. If they can give you dollar, dollar will keep on falling. That's the point I'm making. The dollar is not printed in Nigeria. It is end into Nigeria. It is brought by a plane in people's pockets in Fbi. It has to come to this country. So when it is in this country and it is there, people can see it. People can say, oh, I want to buy rice. In July, Cyba says we got you, We got you. The dollar ready to keep on crashing. The dollar is high today. The dollar should not be fifteen hundred today. It's artificially high. That's the point I'm making. I'm agreeing with you by the side sideway, fifteen onred is too high for dollar. But if you can, if you cannot buy bread, you will pay one five for bread. But if bred I think, get prays everywhere you pay mirror. It's the same thing it's the scarcity that is causing this artificial price to be baked in into the real demand. There's a real demand for dollars, and then there's the expectation that I will not get dollars. So in in manufacturing, you do replacement pricing. Let me do replacement parting today and bid for my dollars tomorrow today. So you know, but let's get what I going for. Let's not let's let's get a chin chin doll chin dollah. Hey, thanks for having in the be here for a while. Go ahead, you're working better than Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go for it, Thank you for thank you for this good conversation. So well.
Speaker 10: Listening to you guys, I'm you're a very young guy currently studying the UK.
Speaker 2: So when I listen to your conversation.
Speaker 10: I am very It seems there's a problem which we are killing the realestalk to find finance, the to do to get following direct investments outside from outside the country with this high interest rates, and also the government's spending, government spending. Every inflation is simply unproductive government spending, simply unproductive government spending.
Speaker 2: And one thing I always have an issue.
Speaker 10: Is that it always seems that the government is isolated from the people in Nigeria. Like people in Nigeria, like the government exists because of the natural resources we have.
Speaker 2: The government can flute in another realm.
Speaker 10: That is, if the people are not productive, they can still survive. And that is not how it is like normally, like in Singapore, they didn't have any natural resources. They have to depend on the productivity of the people for them to survive, for the government to exist. And the thing is that I always say products the government exists independently of the people. It is like I would say, I give an example of the government like in mafia.
Speaker 11: The mafia exists without the people existing. The people they collect prints from existing.
Speaker 10: So if you can find a way to direct to connect the survivor of the government with the productivity of the people, that is the only way the government is going to really work forward. And also there's there's something about there's something something about spending. I've lost my chain of thoughts.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I mean your first point is fantastic, you know what you talk about. Yes, so we're not passion the government. What the syband is doing is actually what they're supposed to do. The Sibian's job is not to follow the federal government right, so thecibliences excess liquidity, they have to raise interest rates. Inflation is the devil. There's not worse in this life than inflation. You can't avoid it. So whenever you see countries when they see inflation coming, they want to kill it very very early. This is why I'm saying which we should try to do something else is because in this instance in Nigeria, we're not able to kill inflation by just monetary means. It has all that means. In America they can kill infliction with monetary means because the economy is a bit more linked. In Nigeria. The price of rice in kebe has a direct effect to how much you pay for interest rate on your Piggy Best accounting legos. The price of rice in keby, it's what all these legos your piece should be interested in because if the price of rice goes up, what piggy Best pays you will go up and down. But we don't lead to that connection because it's too abstract in Nigeria. So that's the point. We have to be a bit more innovative in how we want to fight inflation. We can simply raise rates across the economy to really, I wasn't any percent just to fight inflation. We've killed SMEs long enough. So perhaps you start now targeted credit, targeted credit towards semis. We have to go back to doing that development wire development economy, you know, so we have to go back to saying what you have to identify, you know, identify with with sectors are critical and then support them. That's where I'm going to.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, Carlu I want and I wanted to say.
Speaker 11: I've gotten back mine. The thing is I have this, I see this.
Speaker 10: Why is it that because I'm always off the form of the mindset that in Angeia we should not have. We should have it with that if there's a manufacturer for something in Anngeria, you have to product protect your young industries. If there's a manufacturer for something, any any important, anything important, won't be tarifed, just like China does.
Speaker 2: It, Gurope does it.
Speaker 10: You look at industries must be producted protected. But it's just like because the there is no way we can be we can and competit with China on the level of efficiency of our production.
Speaker 2: Of course China produces so efficiently.
Speaker 1: I hear you Bobby, very have to protect low. I hear you, I hear you, but very careful with that. You know, if you google the I can't pronounce the word exactly. It's called calico c a L I see a calico act When in the past, Britain controlled the textile trade in the whole world. Britain controlled. Britain produced all the clues that people were in the entire world. They have the you know, the weave, you know the spinning weave was it was in Britain all that. So then after a while India started to now do textiles and because Indian label was very, very cheap, they were taking market to share away from from Britain. I know about. This was when India was in the cooling of UK. So what did the English people do. They put a tax on the textiles that came from India to the UK, made it so expensive that Indians could not export things. That's what we're talking about protection. But look at what the India the UK guys did it to not just to protect the guys, but to allow mechanization to come in and to fight the Indians. Right and even with the mechanization, they found out that they could not still compete with the Indian manufacing output. So according to what we call to Shapiro's love competitive returns, they removed the tariffs and said, let us enjoy the cheap textiles from India, but will get them through something else. So while making these points that protection is good, there's nothing like fretid in the world. There's no nation on Earth that does not impose a tariff. But be careful that you don't use tariffs to subsidize inefficient local industries. If we have a tariff today, Nitel will still be the one giving you GSM not in South African company to be Natail and they will say, oh, it's Nigerian. So we've got to say where do we excel at? Where? Where where do we have we're excelling maybe some industries. Then we focus on that and if they look the important guys are going to be cheaper than the local guys all had them coming. But you know, you protect what is still growing that has a chance to compete. You know, when I was growing up, I'm not verified the story, but you know when I was growing up in Nigeria, the popular music in Nigeria back then was marcosa Macosa was very popular Nigeria and a Willow a Willa was a superstar. We didn't have any afro beato, just fella. There was no borner Boy, there was no tell Us, Marcosa and English music. When I was university, we played American music and Macosa. I heard that Macosa was very popular because it has anxire. But Booth as a second just banned English music and allowed only Macosa. So Macosa had time in insire to develop and become this ingrained music sauce. So the same thing you have to do a tariff to protect growth. It's not forever. You have to say tariff. You allow the Nigerian companies to grow. But it can't be forever. You can't say forever and ever and ever no competition because then they will become lazy and they won't reduce their prices because they have a protection. But great points. I agree with your point here. Yeah, let me get let me get a big bird. Thanks. I think your very well comes to thank you, big bird. You've got the floor, the floor, okay, believe yes, but you have an echo, Yes you have.
Speaker 17: An Okay, sorry, I said, okay. I would love to appreciate what we have discussed. He's been amazing and I've been learning a lots.
Speaker 2: So I want to come in on this angle. Nigeria. Of course, you just have a spending problem.
Speaker 17: I remember really is when we solved the news about having itd one extra state in the Nigeria and I was speaking to the colleague of mine and I said, what do.
Speaker 2: You think about the impact of the one more states in Nia? And they said, ah, he's going to be good, more employment, more people in government.
Speaker 18: And I said, don't you think he's going to build more spending.
Speaker 2: He said no, it's going to build a good development.
Speaker 17: And I said, Okay, look at the statistic states we have now and ask yourself how many of these statistic states are productive and are valuable economically.
Speaker 2: Seeing the problem that you have is that a.
Speaker 17: Lot of these states are not coming out economically.
Speaker 2: They're not through jasy.
Speaker 17: I mean, if we want to look at these six geo political zones and they were coming into the less the Southwest and all of that.
Speaker 10: We say that.
Speaker 17: Legos is one of the states, Legos who bun. It's one of the states that are producing and are making money.
Speaker 2: And are valuable economically. We look at the southeast, and then you know, all these political zooms.
Speaker 17: We can actually point out the states that are valuable economically.
Speaker 2: What are going to the arrest where all this is in states.
Speaker 18: Are not making enough money for the nation. Why do you want to create more that it wants it? And then this more that it wants it?
Speaker 2: Like I heard you.
Speaker 17: Saying earlier, cal there will be more governors, there will be more National Assembly members, there will be you.
Speaker 2: Know, more local governments, more.
Speaker 18: Money to spend, more money to feed these governments and offices.
Speaker 2: What then happens to the people. And then the government, as we all see, are not even supporting in fact, from the.
Speaker 18: Way it is, they're not in literally supporting manufacturing companies in this they're not really helping matters.
Speaker 2: They're not even helping to see that.
Speaker 18: Okay, these little agreement is starting out this business.
Speaker 2: You're not trying to.
Speaker 18: See that this manufacturing business guy grows to a point.
Speaker 2: That is becoming economical valuable to the nations. So the more this happens, the more we have, like you said, inflations.
Speaker 18: If we look at China, China can actually have an inflation, but you will see because they are producing on a turky. They are producing and they are the more of the explotation. That is one of the things people to be said when he was commencing, we are more of consumers than producers.
Speaker 2: We're not producing. So when we're not producing, we are losing. Today. Look at all the USA, no matter what they do, the maganizations they need, they are strong enough knowing.
Speaker 18: That they have people who are providing.
Speaker 2: For their Indian nation. So this is the problem we are having.
Speaker 18: And then our governments, we don't have an accountability system where we can hold this good and tell them, look at what you're doing.
Speaker 2: You're strending far too much. We don't know. We don't have that system where.
Speaker 18: We can call them to order, where we can displace them until this.
Speaker 2: Thing are doing. It's just supposed to be done.
Speaker 17: I'm in Calaba current plan now and I was hurt than in Caliber.
Speaker 18: You know, there were companies, there were businesses that was going on and everything was going swietly. And then people then were not really much on you know, trading, they were on. Once we Vinish school, you enter one company, I'm going to start working. Now here's the issue. The government has placed a whole lot of tax that have pushed these company out of caliber. Now everybody is trying to enter into trading and it's becoming difficult. The producing sectors have gone so down in Nigeria, so we will have more inflations in the country.
Speaker 2: And because we don't have any.
Speaker 17: Company that it's producing effectively for us, we can't fight it.
Speaker 2: So the inflation will surely touch everybody. If we surely touch everybody. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Interesting take ye do your echo? All right? Thanks guys, appreciate the conversation. Let me get the name right, I both s talent talent. How are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm very well, I'm very well. Thanks for bringing me up. I do right. I do follow your your communications.
Speaker 1: On x I.
Speaker 19: I genuinely respect your takes on different economic aspects of what's going in the country. I do have like some interesting takes as well.
Speaker 2: I just tend to be corrected. But again this is placed on my personal observation.
Speaker 19: Again, just try being interpreted from some you know, moun economic lenses as well. So one of the things I'm noticed with a Nigerian market, like you know, no market is perfect. But again the coal is to try to show your market to be as you know, close to perfect as possible. But like, one of the things that happens is very well in nagerial market is high level collision. I feel like counsion has the way of keeping price is high, not because of the not because of the information itself, but do we like I'll use I'll use a random commodity for example, I'll use rice because it's actually the consumed commodity.
Speaker 2: And Nigeria, I remember the time we banned for your foreign products.
Speaker 19: You would expect, oh, now that the foreign product is banned, there are the competition, competition within the local products, like farmers going there. Again, Let's let's not focus on insecurity for now, because at this time there.
Speaker 2: Was no security was not the way it is right now. So they would expect, like the price of rice to go down in this moment.
Speaker 19: But what you see happen is, oh, there is no there is no longer it's no competition coming in. You see local local producers colleade and ramp up the price. I feel like that collision has a way of keeping price is high. And one of the trends have noticed overtime and nigineier is price often doesn't go down again. Sometimes it's it's based on the instability in the market because of like cost of production could go up in the future. But as well, when negletting, one expects to look at which is the degree of collision among the prisoners in the Nigeria. And and I feel like a little level competition as well keeps price often high. Another interesting thing wanted to bring up is sometimes I could almost argue that infliction is not like the current cost of inflation is not even because of like the like the high in flow of money in the in the economy.
Speaker 2: So this is what this is why I says it.
Speaker 19: So I do know the sibling has been producing like a lot of money, and I'm pumping into the economy. But then again, when you look at the money we spend paying our politicians, it takes almost half of our international object Then when you look at the logic, it looks like we may have so much money in the economy, but the most most of the money belongs like most of the money it's been a house in the account of like less than ten percent of the alternation of the economy, which I would almost call like outliers. So but when you take away with outliers I check the distribution, you realize that you know, the question would be, we really still have much too much money in the economy. This is like some interesting thoughts of upon and it makes me like I've come to that point where I'm I'm genuinely arguing within myself, like do we really have to much so much in the economy, Because even though it may look like we have too much with too much like world stud be paid or it's just three percent of the economy, I hear what you're saying the economy. I hear what you're saying.
Speaker 1: So you know, there's sup called Paretos principle that means that there's always eighty twenty. So in any economy you go to on Earth, not just like you are. Any economy, the very minority are going to hold the economic world of the majority in any economy you go to so and it's measured in economics, it's something called the Genie coefficient gi n I Geni coefficient. You can see how much the income is spread out in the economy in Nigeria's case is large. You go to lecky, you see a mansion with a pool next to a shack. So we know that issue yes, so that point is there. It's not a Nigerian thing. It's really global. Most times it's higher in low income societies. To your point about price not coming down with inflation, prices come down. If you pick up an pick up a phone, pick up an iPhone, iPhone four, iPhone five, the price is down, especially when you compare to dollar. Why it's not gone down in the jat because you are converting it back to nira. You get the point of making if you're simply letter that the dollar price, the price have all gone down. But when we exchange it now from that depreciated dollar cost back to nira, we then tack on the naira in relation as it were, So it now looks like it's expensive. But most things have gone down that are made abroad, they always go down in price, but because we converted back to naira, then that price stays. I don't want to make that point. If that helps about I.
Speaker 19: Would prefer to use community for example, think this produce the Ngeria. Like let's say right, so this is one of the stile.
Speaker 1: We don't present enough. That's the problem with right. So if you look at any right, look in my in my village, Gary is almost free. But once you leave my village, Gary starts to add prices. From my village to a bar to legalus, the price starts to go higher. Why logistics. It's not the price of Gary that is going high. It's the price of storage, the price of fuel, the price of financing all that, that's whats the prize go high. Walmart in America, the price of a banana in Walmart, North Carolina, it's the same price as a Walmart bananner in Washington. Why because I have efficient the distribut logistic so they can move a crow or crow in Nigeria, the price is going up and out up on that board. All crow in America important from Nigi price is stable because they can buy it in Bold, keep it distributed and doesn't add imaginal price because they have efficient run networks. So pick. If you go to KB, rice is free. If you go to the North, meat is free. If you got to border, fish is free. But once you try to export that commodity. Beans from KB is free, but bring that beans from kby we go to Irish potato is free, but bring that Irish potato from just to legos Ah. You have to add transportation, security particulars all that, so it's nothing the community self of the problem is just the inefficiency in the local economy Nagia. That's what you're seeing as the price going up. Does that makes sense?
Speaker 2: That's fair, that's fair. So like in the end, that's to move on, to move forward.
Speaker 19: We find ourselves to tie back to the government to make not not really good.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree with you that the government has got to get out of the way. Make the policy, then get out of the way. Nigerian's are naturally entrepreneurial. In many societies, the people are not entrepreneurial. In Nigeria, people are entrepreneurial or like Singaporeans or like the Chinese. So made the laws, get out of the way, then police what's going on and then the people will take over. Hollywood. Mollywood was not created by any government. Nollywood, even the IT boys, the fin type boys were not created by any government. None. They've created. Fintech created Mollywood, automotive what it case by the government. So any thing that is growing, really knowing in tangent with population, the government, it's not involved. They come after I want to tax it, but you know it's so Nigeria's just need a government that says, listen, we're going to support you, not tax you, and then you'll just see explosive growth. That's just what we need. Okay, thanks man, let me.
Speaker 2: Say that's thank you.
Speaker 1: You're welcome, Marcone, Ali Lu food hiding sir.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and beliven everyone. So I think I've listened to mostly. I think limiteds are ptally given the most balanced.
Speaker 2: Submissions on this.
Speaker 8: So first we need to talk contextualize the kind of.
Speaker 2: Inflation that we are experiencing in Nigeria.
Speaker 8: It's a cost to push inflation and because of that, we need to also understand what is actually increasing cost of production our inflation baskets. Fifty percent of our inflation baskets is food and beverages, So what is driving the inflation of of food prices?
Speaker 2: In security? The government is already tackling that.
Speaker 8: We have I energy costs, you know, I I for a course, transport because of the subsidiary removal. Like like Carlo also said, I have lot just six problems, you know, in terms of supplying. So now for me, we need to look at the direction of the government and not to look at them depends that we're going through because of the reforms. It is not a switch that you put off and on and when you switch it on, all our.
Speaker 2: Problems going away.
Speaker 8: No, and these are problems that have been there for close to sixty years. So for me, the acturn of the government is well known now. And what investors need be local or finding is predictable predictability. So if investors are able to predict outcomes, then there will be more confident in investing. And I think that is the position of this government. And someone talked about ways, our means now twenty three how to fund infrastructure, our projects and all. Now this might sound good to the years, however this is a most extremely impossible. When you talk of infrastructure, you're you're talking about infrastructure, your still is being important, your cements, the prices are I already, So where you print more money for infrastructure, you are indirectly also increasing inflation. So for me, when we was a talk of productivity and productivity and productivity, we also need to understand that the government can only create an enable environment for production in terms of their policy directions. And however, ultimately it is the entrepreneurs. I disagree that we have a lot of entrepreneur and engurers. I disagree to tally. We have a lot of self employed people who just want to do things at the micro level are moved. However, when you're talking of entrepreneurs, you need significant players that will take the signific comes risk, and that's risk.
Speaker 2: You know, lenders have a very very low distap for tite.
Speaker 8: So when we talk of you know, when a productive when a productive one not productive, it's an indictment on us and not an indictment on the government personage. Now, also, were also need to realize that the government, and that is why I do not believe that the creation that one news states does not have its own Plus.
Speaker 2: You know, in any country, the government is the largest spender and also just the employer of labor.
Speaker 8: So I do not believe that the government does gonna have a duty.
Speaker 1: To increase.
Speaker 2: It's a number of employees. I do not believe that the government do not increase in size.
Speaker 8: However, yeah, however, yes, however, I also do.
Speaker 2: Not believe that we have a spending problem. I think we have more. We have more. We have a new problem than a spending problem. And I can give you a very.
Speaker 8: Small analogy Informusta have your man that is and in eighteen thousand and are and he has four kids.
Speaker 2: It's a revenue problem.
Speaker 8: There's nothing there is he can't there's he can't have any savings from that. There's there's no spending he wants to cost that will not affect.
Speaker 2: It's not out of living.
Speaker 8: So for me then here has a revenue problem. The revenue problem is being tackled by this administration that the family, believing the fact is increasing to the states on a monthly basis, who are able to reduce our depths to revenue ratio from about nineteen percent to about sixty four percent.
Speaker 2: Now, so for me that I try the.
Speaker 8: Government is taken is quite interesting. The exonomic out look for John twenty five is extremely positive. Will must also remain optimistic. However, I believe that it is school a bit. I believe that it could be done faster.
Speaker 2: But I believe that.
Speaker 8: John johny five is also going to be very great here for people who are going to look at the opportunities than having a feeling of and on an off switch where oh, if you don't put it on all of our problems with are you deminded this one?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot, a lot there to unpack, a lot there to unpack. If a family of four ends, let's even say fifty thousand, it's a revenue problem. I agree. What happens when you give that family of four extra fifty thousand, that's when we now know if it's a spending problem or a revenue problem. So this family ends fifty thousand, they are five of them, revenue problem. The family now gets a new fifty thousand revenue. The family take that money and invest in SyRI a farm or a store, or even go to learning skill. That's perfect. But if that family was niger I know what happened with that fifty million to th thousand. The man will marry three more wives and then have to take more children. So it's a spending problem. Spending is a choice that you make. Revenue is difficult for you to be a choice. Revenue is something that you have to earn. But spending is a choice. It is a Nigerian government that decided to spend on thirty six states. It's in the constitution. No one asked them to do it. They put it there. No money hasn't for to do security votes or to spend more money on importing and subsidizing pms than food a family must eat before they drive cars. The Nigeran government has never subsidized food in the history of Nigeria. They only subsidize PMS. This particular government past a law or a strategies to say they're going to import food at zero percent duty in July June last year. It's not being done as we speak, and that's why food is so expensive and has been added to the inflation. This is your own policy on them to decide they're going to do it. They haven't done it. Coming back to the issue of governments, adding, I'm not sure if you are truly not to say that the government needs to create more states, why not just create soundrance from the four states so every government comes the state. The reason why we can do because we can't afford it. When I start off, I said no states. Niger has igr What we call ig R in Niger is payroll tax. It's not more that the government is creating. It is a tax they are imposing on the payroll of the private sector. So the privacystor starts paying payroll IGR rule crash. So no state has diversified its economy based pull up igr it's eighty percent payroll tax pay ye Calabat tried to do diversification. It failed. So and this is all the six states was buja. No exception can survive if coulde What do you.
Speaker 2: Mean by that?
Speaker 8: Are you asking government to start owning businesses?
Speaker 1: No, I'm asking the government to create an enabling environment where the private sector can generate the tax revenues for the business apart from payroll taxes. In Nigeria, the ID is perro what okay, So let me listen. You only listen. I can listen to taxes for you.
Speaker 8: Don't hold on?
Speaker 2: That's what that's what. Let's use Lego as an example.
Speaker 8: Lego says, present listens that what do I actually even collecting?
Speaker 2: Is about this legal twenty percent of you know in terms.
Speaker 8: Of pay is that on twenty percent of your potentials? So if Lego said, is just collecting twenty percent of what can potentially collect?
Speaker 1: I you agree with me? You agree with me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hold on, I'm good to lade with this point.
Speaker 8: So potentially you can collect twenty percent and you can't define that as woman is we would say that potentially.
Speaker 2: Perhaps we have a lot of task players that we've.
Speaker 8: Not been able to capture that are existing, that are aenning money. Perhaps you can also say, oh, potentially if you create more businesses, if are able to create more businesses, then potentially we can end this more so, it depends on what perspective you're looking at it from.
Speaker 2: So for me, like I you know, like you said, which.
Speaker 8: I don't agree with you, it is always going to form a major talk. Sermi is on a five person of any states idea in Nigia. So what you want to do, like your studies about crazy and every environment and you know, the creation of an enabling environment also be defined. So in terms of roads, are you building more roads, are you building plants?
Speaker 2: Let's just energin market like, let's.
Speaker 1: Just see it.
Speaker 8: So so we just say creating an enabling environment. And I think this is the problem that men of our governors have. We just use our blanketed m a say create an environment. They did not understand what remain by creating.
Speaker 2: An enable environment.
Speaker 8: Look, I cannot state, for instance, spending two point five billionaire our wedding for him, that is the definitely one of crazy and enable environment for its own people.
Speaker 2: So for me, I think as fast like you professionals like us. Mark starts.
Speaker 3: You know, Mark, we must.
Speaker 8: Stop using that statement and start, you know, speaking to the real things that actually create that enabling environment. One thing that I always talk about in.
Speaker 1: Legal Let me hang on, I think, I like, let me just make my point so you can continue. Right, So you've already agreed with me that legocy is already it's only doing twenty percent. There's the point I'm making that it's only twenty percent. You've already agreed with me on that. The point look at the eighty is state government exists with taxes. I'm not saying pay is bad. I'm saying the proportion of pay that makes up igr is is the monopoly. Pay has a monopoly on igr. V eighty is where the state should actually create wealth because V eighty forces you to create value in the state, then you tax that value. This is the point I'm going to. Legosy has got the deep sea port, so Legosy is going to end more V eighty from containers, from trucks, from hotels, from banks that come to Lego States to take advantage of that deep sea port in Lucky. This is the point I'm making. Creating the environment. With what Legos is doing with the rails, with the deep sea ports, with the storage food center in Lego State. This has to be replicated across all states. And it starts with the tax laws being changed to say that you cannot share V eighty on population and land masks, but on derivation. That's where I'm going to when I say enabling environment. No state today, including Legos, can survive if crude oil goes to fifteen dollars a barrel because the proportional legosy is making money from its payye on companies that are surviving on the same crude oil. We are not attacking. We're giving the best practice how it should go about the nation. We can't have an economy that is supposed to be the largest economy in West Africa and was once the largest economy in Africa depending one hundred percent Olympic clarifying ninety percent on crude oil. That's not an economy. You can't have an economy that way. So it's not there to go back and forth. I don't want to praise or that. I'm just saying every government has got to look. The laws have to change top level, that the bottom level creates, productivity, enhancing features, build roads, build storage, build power table was bringing error to Legos when it was the governor. What about today? Why is in Eron back in Legos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I told you with all the things you said, but I used to say something that if there is no culture few then distance will still be an issue.
Speaker 2: Look at the Americans and look at Europeans. A largage American is entrepreneurs.
Speaker 1: Look at.
Speaker 2: Almost everything you find in America. You can definitely.
Speaker 1: Yes, just the moment, I just agree him, he said, I just am not entrepreneurs. The most entrepreneural people Nigerians come come come to America. Everything they the Africans look at Nigerians. If Nigerians go into this sector, they follow us, Kenyans, Rwandance, Gambians wherever we okay, we don't want to go to important export or have they follow? So the most enter person compart earth is a Nigerian and.
Speaker 2: I don't agree. Fact where I go for this text on me to a blockchain. All you see Nigerians that are creating it.
Speaker 3: A lot of put that, but personally I feel that we are not economy in terms.
Speaker 2: Of quality quantity to population from the world entrepreneurship. It's another controversial team because you know why I'm saying this. If you look at the because Americans, for example, you find.
Speaker 3: Out that culture places YouTube Americans do see if you feel you see people losing money Bitcoin Americans, they don't feel that shame they talk about it.
Speaker 2: Your payers they feel that shame.
Speaker 3: Repair then fifty thouandlars you better on you look at you're all right, you know many of them don't pusure in this investment.
Speaker 2: So that's by the fact that you have those amenities, they don't take risks.
Speaker 20: So I think in Nigeria, I think it's a here like if you look at the middle class, look at some of the middle class, you look at boy, you look at your gener and you look at cultural generity.
Speaker 16: Then taking this ccility world people for example diaristic, you cannot do that. That's why you see even in terms of in the crypto market, we see liver their patterns bit coins.
Speaker 3: It's wrong a southeast. If you look at the Southwest, it's mixed. If you look at the lookt not it's more trus agriculture. It's also in the form of so obviously the conserv enterpreneur and strategy, but general you.
Speaker 2: Can we have the culture problem. Me I feel that it's metro problem. We see more.
Speaker 15: It's even more than building infrastructure because we just end up like we don't end up like, we don't end up like beautiful and this did ours. This is that people are not really producing more. It's just beautiful, just travel tourism.
Speaker 3: If we really want to change our entrepreneur we need to put the rabews deliver these those guys in front. I was arguing with somebody that says if presidents people said, okay that coult issues reform our civil service, trust, I can beat with you that Minister of Livestock is going, Minister of Money is going, and want all of the civil service. But do not allow these guys to do it. Because these guys can manage money. These guys understand the environment. These guys understand how to do with prim nows. This guys understand how to do with the legal poster. This guys understand how to But we don't allow these guys to take part of the economy. And it's very painful because we cannot use those books to solve nager problems. We need practical people that have shown resources to handle these problems. And that's why I like the Americans. The Americans where I like it for them, whether I like it or not. Successful people get rewarded. Successful people become ready for success. People impute matter lots. You can feel what it wants to do. You can see what different billners are doing. We don't have it in Nigeria Academy. So AC feel like we have to address the culture age. And again just for a record for move on, to move on to to Michael, to move on. Under no circumstance should any state be created in this country. Again, if you notice, it is only the military that created states, and they.
Speaker 1: Did a horrible job of it. Not just the states, the capitals. The capital of Pasava was put there because someone's wife was from there. Many states were created because the mint was going to retire to that place and they wanted to give him a state. Many local agment in Nigeria a creatic because one Ami guy wanted to have a local goverments area in his villagious no rhyme, no reason to come and say you want more states creation. We reach money now we reach legos start. The complained that the money they get from v eighty is being shared. You want to create tetty one new states. It's the same legos out They will take the money from a distribute to other states. Are aware of that? No new st see because you're talking about merging states not How can you, Oh my god, how can you say that thanking of for having more states, knowing our economic situation and the fact that I finik are not economically self sustaining.
Speaker 2: If it's madness, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I couldn't all stage running budgets, all staged running definicits, all stags today, run all.
Speaker 2: Of them good ones towards this galue. I couldn't be joking.
Speaker 1: It's a joke. It's a joke.
Speaker 3: Like several states, the agreements, people see it wants some prises. That's why I said that we have the cultural problem. People tell you that it brings more representation to the federal system that the manority is. Why do we see distance from the point of tribalism or from it this sentiment like what all expers and policemkers I said, Naturally, I can't even afford the present state of government I'm living. So this thing that we can meet to fifteen states, because in reality if you look at the night of the state, they don't do anything productivity.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest. From f gis to captime.
Speaker 1: States natural is in like five a month. I want when they borrowed money, many states do not do not make the money that then it bank branch mix. Then it bank branch makes more revenues than many states in Niger.
Speaker 2: Will come at that.
Speaker 3: And then the fact academic Prais Academy, Prais Lewis listed them. If you put them with some states, I'm telling you it won't in Southwestern so fun.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe maybe it was true, maybe maybe it was truly not maybe it was true true.
Speaker 3: Maybe you see the how do you see me? I see I see this time and I understand why people are saying that in one more for presentation, But I think we have to look at the fact that it doesn't have to be true states representation, The states itself are liabilities. The states itself is absolutely system. States yourself dividedly thaws. I remember being those states because you can't look if we look back at well young and things like that, when you had a few states, then those states was very it's more infected than yes, it's not just solved the issue.
Speaker 1: South Southeast South has developed better with IMO and a number end of story today, we just I don't know if you want to go there. So no more states were done. As a matter of I we go to If you want more replentation, push for parliamentary system, then create more councils. You know you can have one ten thousand constituencies, install every first have ten thousand constituencies and will have a parliamentary system. That makes sense to me that say created states, has first lady, office of first lady, come boy for a first lady, all these things, United States Security allowance. Do you think money will come to you? Put pushing for states? Think that they are brought become governor. It will become pre the government. That's why I push it of states, nothing else, nothing else. If you can't make it today with the sever stage, did you make it with sticks on the states? With Michael, Let's let's walk in your mind Michael, Yeah, yeah, thank.
Speaker 2: You and you so much for the educations over our life. So I'm going to mix reports.
Speaker 21: So firstly, I remember I think it's space indeed about three years, but I remember you give an analogy on We're you know, the.
Speaker 2: Government can create a system. We're instead of these private companies.
Speaker 21: The stars ready, they use the tax to create infrastructure for that state to ensure, you know, things go soon.
Speaker 2: Because that's the two for example, that pass system they get the government.
Speaker 21: The government gives them like I don't know if you say tax credit does the words used were? They use that more the you know, the view the roots for the states. They be the good will with the states. While over time the money that they ought to be paying for taxes the government, they use that to the government, you know, takes the revenue being generated from the railway gooles for that taxes.
Speaker 2: So that's just so I think that system can work. And saying Nigeria Nigerians are not are not are not entrepreneurs, I think it's one.
Speaker 8: Of the worst statements ever because for example, me, I'm a young man.
Speaker 2: I'm Buil twenty five years and there.
Speaker 21: Are some things that I'm even doing right now, even with the poor stage poor net one of the worst networks in the world with no electricity, not nothing worst. He's striving to make things better. There reason most Nigerias even going into flow these days, it's because they see that it's easy.
Speaker 2: Way because many of them have tried businesses, but the economic situation is not empowering.
Speaker 21: Them, is not making their business work. There's the average Ebo boy today, for example, wants to do business. The average Ninia letter but wants to do business.
Speaker 2: The problem is there is no support from anywhere. There's no support from the government to you know, to formd that their dream. Not I'm not talking about monetary now.
Speaker 21: I'm talking about providing the basic infrastructions. If we have twenty four hours electricity today, we have settin things.
Speaker 2: Just if even we just have tirty percent.
Speaker 11: Of the youth, they turn better and become productive, the economy is going to boom.
Speaker 21: I'm talking about like your like to taste, which risk and all that, you don't need to take very high risk to have reproductive economy. For example, people are basical people going into farm. They can sleep, you know, distribute their goods to several places in the world. They don't need to take big risk of I think it's even visas, venture capitals and all that area have so much money that we're talking about risks for not the average and generally wants to start the firm. The omasion you don't want to start. The firm is not seeing that as.
Speaker 2: A risky business. If he has a good way of transporting his roots across the country, I don't see any risk there. So that's that's the point I want to make. On one hand. Then secondly, I want to ask a question.
Speaker 21: I think I've been doing research on the gold standard, and I understand that the good standard inflation was less predictable, right because of the real situation. Well, for example, if good is discovered and use content in a particular place, it can.
Speaker 2: You know, affect inflation and all that board, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I during then I think inflation was more controllable rather than this our current feart system, were the government prints money continually.
Speaker 2: I think that's one of the arguments bitcoin proponents make.
Speaker 21: But I know that craising of money also feels what's the word, our productivity.
Speaker 2: We sow the US are that boomed in the US.
Speaker 21: So I'm thinking, which is a more balanced system. We have a good standard, very inflation you know, down and not very high.
Speaker 8: All these are our current fyard system.
Speaker 21: Where the government continued continues printing money and we experience concy, devaluation at a very high level.
Speaker 2: I think a great picture were somebody.
Speaker 21: Gave an analogy said, I think it just a lima analogy said, I think you are getting stronger in nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: In nineteen ninety five, it will take two men to carry fifteen the fifteen dollar of goods. It's take two men stillboards in twenty twenty four, given a five year old can't carry one hundred dollars of goods. So that's what I want to end.
Speaker 1: Thank you. So let me answer the same question. So if you had a small business, do you want to run that small business with only your revenues from sales or do you want a credit carden carriage.
Speaker 2: Definitely the loans boost the economy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, well yeah, yeah, so that's the answer.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: That's why governments prints money and ditch the gold standard. When you have a gold standard, you can't print money. You are only you can only print to the amount of gold you have. So it's good because there's no inflation, but it's bad because you can't grow if you have if you have a business need Lessay Nigeria, I was doing the gold standard. We will not have Kanji Dam because we can't borrow to build Caanji Dam. We have to save money enough gold then build Kanji Dam with the gold of reserves, so it's growth. Growth is slower, but you will have inflation. So it's in economies again, there's no right or wrong answer. There's just choices. You can decide to build Kanji Dam after saving four fifteen years, or you can build kanjy Dam today and then with debt and then paid back. So the gold standard means there's no credit card. But if you can borrow mess, you can print. That's deficit financing. The problem is that with the we're seeing the corruption of deficit financing, whereby we are printing money to pay salaries. There's no production there right, so that's why it looks like it's bad. An economy needs to have deficit financing. The Niger economy, if it was possible, borrow one trillion dollars, If it was possible borrow one trillion and invest it in productivity, invested in roads, rails, power supply, schools and hospitals, if it was possible, and that the money be will be spent without losing it. Once you spend that money, the one trillion will be repaid via productivity gains in Nigeria. I give you a classic example. If you have a barber. The barber cuts maybe ten people's ten heir whatever a day, so it makes maybe ten thousand Ira. But from that ten ton narraw, he has to pay five thousand Ira just to buy generator, feel for generator. Then he has to pay on that two thousand just to go back and forth on work. So already he has already spend seven thousand. He hasn't eaten, hasn't paid his salary. Seven thousand has gone from what the government would have provided him first forward. If you had spent that one trillion dollars in providing power supply, he would just pay his power bill. His parabi would be like five hundred dollars because he's the lower cost when he's on public power. Same thing with transportation. He will go on the subway and get to his place of work. So he's spending one thousand instead of seven thousand. What do you think he does with remaining six thousand. He's going to spend it and the economy grows on consumption, So he spends, he invests it is that spend and invest and the government is taxing to get back it is one trillion. So you see how the economy is called the circular economy. The problem with Nigeria is that if you give Nigeria, want not even borrow. If you dash nigeer if God comes down and says, hey, mister Tinobu, I've seen your good work. I support you. Here is one angel, Gabriel, give him one trillion. Do all what happened Tomorrow. National attemper will pass the build that all centers must drive Rose Royce and have a private jet in the local government area to do oversights. So we're gonna spend one hundred billion dollars to build airport in all local government areas for national members. They will now spend two billion to build a brand new national Sabday complex in all the seven stage. You see what I'm going to do this. By the time you get to day five, we've spent nine hundred billion on nothing than private jets, rose rice and advertisements to tank where God for giving us one be trillion, So the money is lost. That's why we we we don't like to borrowing, but every economy grows by borrowing. No economy can grow. No business today can say it can grow without borrowing. So that's my answer to you. I'm not going to tell you go and bord not to prow, but I'm saying you have to choose which one you want if you want to have.
Speaker 3: Another problem without is that even when we're invested in fast structure is usually your own political lines. Yeah, argument, and you really want to invest in connect economic lines for example, we know the economic continent.
Speaker 2: They're not you know, you know, like actual.
Speaker 3: Functionality postings are not really in pree and you know these things also have an advantage. When you build an economic lines, you connect the country by the country, you strengthen the country security. So these are things we also need to look at because let me argue invest infrastructures. Don't argue that well the past administration.
Speaker 2: You spect too much more. But let's be honest, what's the value on this infrastructure? What is it breaking your building infrastructure that has go to the desert where you have to look at all these things. And that's why pretty much.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited about Dows refinery because if you look at the next in long term and the fact that it's also triggered Rabue to build a smaller one in a quiet but it's really good to integrate the country in the long term. I hope it does if it's properly implemented, because I'm hearing so many IPI people projects in different zones that will connect to So these are things that I really want.
Speaker 2: To look at.
Speaker 3: So many people about the peace, then talk about Usia on the economy.
Speaker 1: The most beautiful The most beautiful airport in Nigers in Jigawa State. If if you google it now, guys, the most beautiful airport you see Niger is in Jigawa. Been there, It's beautiful. Just google it our online and I mean, I love people. But before this airport, Jigawa had a governor. I think it was the first guy samin Or. So his ownaha was his own IgM capital exponditure was he he gave Jigawa the first high speed internet in Nigeria. So before they goes got to high spined internet. The governor of Jigawa, he wasn't living in Jigawa. He was living in the Netherlands. Again Google, the governor of Jigawa was living in the Netherlands. So but his own capital investment was he gave Jagawa high speed internet that he will come from Netherlands two days to have to when they're sharing fac he'll share FAG. He will go back to Netherlands and Dubai. So according to the law of infrastructure, he built infrastructure. So what LOOM is in its own point infrastructure is not just building it, but with a plan. Last week or two weeks ago, I saw Lego State. We're spending sixty five million to connect the ports in Lego States, so they're going to be four pot there's tin can, there's a paper, there's the deep there's deep sea and all they don't connect all for I get it. That's fine.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't hit no Lego States. But if you leave Lego States, if you know Lego States properly, there's only one road living that Legos that's a jota. If you go to Daughta, you go western, you're heading towards Tourgate. That road Legos to a bell Guta, Legos to Baton has been built since nineteen ninety nine, is not being completed. They will tell you it's like now, boy, it's not completed since nineteen ninety nine, so we're still building le Goes to eat bad on nineteen ninety nine. That's the only road though. That's there's a ten lane express road. When it gets to toll Gate, it becomes falling. Was this sixth lane now we've not completed it. Where will they when you connect all these pots? Where will they pass through by road? Oh They're gonna go by rail? Oh wow, so I'm gonna go by rail. Okay. So Nigeria and now has a standard rail from Legos to eat bad On. Then it stops. Then we have a narrow gauge from Legos to Cano, but most of them are not working. If you look at the map of Nigeria, we have a railway line from Worry to attack By. It doesn't connect any big city. It's just in the center of Nigeria. Just standard gage line from Worry to attack By. Nothing else. Then if you look at the map from Nigeria, we have a line that goes from Abuja to Cana. Then it stops. You see what I'm going to do this no connection, no integration. What we can still be do is to connect the worry line, the worry line to the port. Right what is the port? So connect our worry line to the port. Then connect the worry line to Abuja Port. So from Kaduna it then becomes possible to send a containers straight to wor Report, but we haven't done it. We're chasing Maradi, cannot to Maradi real that will not be connected to nowhere. Again, they are narrow gauge, the standard gauge. The southeast of Niger that supports mid degree has narrow gauge. The southwest has standard gauge. Attack By is standard gauge. So in Nigeria we're gonna have two trains. A big one will be narrow gauge, one be standard gauge. You see the point I'm making. It's not organized. If you want to build infrastructure, you have to and let's be honest, you have to forget tribe and say you want to build some of that works. The gentlemen asked the question here why foods are expensive in Nigeria commodities because we don't have infrastructure. Kerby and Lego as signed a deal to do lake rice. Where is it today? Where's it today? If there was a train that went from Keby to Legos, Legos has got the largest most modern rice mill, perhaps in all of Africa. Legos or motor Rice meal. Keby has a huge amount of rice paddy. All that would happen Keby will load rice paddy in Keby, Legos to politic rize Lego chance to eat the cost of food to condown. But Legos has a rice rice meal with no rice farms. Keby has paddy, no no rails. Look at the look at the still complexes all across Nigeria. Every zone in Nigeria has a still complex apart from the Southeast zone. The Southeast zone is near on Natcha that has the research Institute Maeorlogical Research intitude and it's right next to the water. When we were building a jacuta just the diversion, guys, there was no delta state building a jacuta. A jacuta was to be built on the River Niger, anywhere on the River Niger. Why because you were to import the coke the coal and you can't import it on roads. It to damage out roads. There was no delta state.
Speaker 5: So they build the plowers to build that wall, report to bring in the limestone and coal moving up river to the to the steel plant that we built near on a chair.
Speaker 1: The iron ore would then come from a tack bay straight to then you bring the goods in and out thrue water not through bridge, not true road. Then what he needs to import sand? That's what's cold, cooke and col and limestone are.
Speaker 2: But what do we do?
Speaker 1: We do the Ajacuta will put the local jack. Then we put a steal plant in Cartina because we must do feder character. We put the steal plants in the shovel. Put a steal plant in Jos. What's the connection? Is there? A real life from a showbol to Jos is the reil life from Catina to to see what? See what I'm going to with these guys. Combat airports the largest, so all many not live airports. Free trade zones. Many states in Nigeria have three free trade zones. Some have two free trade zones. The entire southeast of Nigeria has one free trade zone. One that's one.
Speaker 2: Who know those one? One?
Speaker 1: Many states have three two states, but a region has one. This region has got the largest market in some time. Africa Nature the largest automotive class in Africa. Navy the largest semi cluster in sometimes Africa ABBA, but it has no free trade zone in that whole region. On the last day that good Luck left office, it created the in free trade zone to add to the Guangzoo futures in the Inmo States. But what is the point. Why couldn't you say, Wow, these guys are doing semi exports, let's give their free trade zone, link it with all the other freeon in Nigeria and we have an export economy or local economy, but we won't do it. Who will use big English and cover this thing? That is what is claimed Nigeria. I've said it before, I'm ending now. The worst policy that Nigeria ever enacted was the Federal Character policy. And you think I'm saying because I'm Ego and I'm being trible. No, When Pa Latinobu was the governor of Legos, he brought enern to Legos and he wanted to get Eryone's budges to supply power to Legostate. He couldn't do it. Do you know why because according to fair character, this is not written anywhere or that power must first of all go to national greed before it gets to legosity. It doesn't make any sense to anybody that a governor will bring a badge for power, then the power will now go to national agreed, the national good, the power to legosty. Oh why so of course the budges went away till today we have and we don't anything no federal character. This excessive spending spend. My calling to tribe that we most build still plants in all geographical areas, not where they still still industry or still resources are located. Is why Nigeria is poor today. Go and write it down. It's not you don't have to. Federal character is what brought fuck. Without federal character, you do not have fuck without fuck, you not have quota. It's the same nonsense that we must do. Whole economy was grow at the same piece. So when empty and came empty and has to set up in legos and all the things. So LPN did not have to do that. Empty and started off with with Legos. Then they went to Abuja, then they went all across Nigeria. Imagine if we told empty to follow to follow federal character, so Anon will start up being kavy in Abia before they do anything. It doesn't make any sense. So we've got to really face the issue. Spending is tied to that character and you've got to get rid of further character. It's just not possible to delve that that or that note. With that, let me move over to I've got Nigeria any sorry, nig analysis. You've got the flow who take says we'll teket you to do Techniger, go ahead, what's your.
Speaker 2: Good? Calu Goodive me sir so or love me do mikell and do. Everyone here that has.
Speaker 11: Been contributing, I've enjoyed the conversation, and ah.
Speaker 2: It's been it's been exhilarating.
Speaker 9: I want to come in from the point of trying to harness and synthesize all what you guys have been saying. And Calu, your your last point, A couple of points you made that is the heart of all this problem. For me, I'm an economist, so I leave spending. Spending is not bad. But our issue in Nigia is government spending has been for a long time, for decades, has been inefficient and unproductive, largely inefficient and unproductive our government spending. Our governments spend some things that don't drive productivity in Nigia. And so how do we solve this kind of problem. We need to get our politics right. Although me, they were saying we have a cultural problem. You Nigerians don't have that interest in investment, in financial activity. I'll tell you I don't know if if that is very true, but you would know that Nigea have a passion for investing when you see the rate at which the number of persons who did on treasure bills and man issue bonds for a said what the government has available to distribute.
Speaker 2: So nagers want to invest, but they are scared.
Speaker 9: If you tell if they are scared, they have trust issues, and that is because we are any climate where that doesn't.
Speaker 2: How do I put it now? We are any climate.
Speaker 9: We're bad actors are allowed to thrive. We're bad at tours can serve the law.
Speaker 2: We are any climate. We're the rule of law.
Speaker 9: Takes the bad seats in our in our collective life.
Speaker 2: For us to get it right, we have to get our policies right. That is my point.
Speaker 5: It is when we get our politicies right that will have development across development that comes.
Speaker 2: Across all of Nangier.
Speaker 9: For example, you guys have been making points and you are largely referring to Legos as if Legals is the only state in Nngier.
Speaker 2: But our economy, like.
Speaker 9: Legos, is the heart and soul of economic activities.
Speaker 5: In Nangier right now, if not for the banditry and the the the terrorism that has over around, then they know who have been very, very prosperous because the note was like the notes and the middle pad was like the full basket of the nation.
Speaker 2: But right now its that it seems like there is.
Speaker 9: An underground work to ensure that we don't even get food in this country. And it's all of these problems, all of these problems boils down to our policies. Who are our leaders, Who are our leaders? Who are the presidents representing us? If we get our policies right, then we have leaders.
Speaker 2: Who spend right. If you are supposed to spend on roots, if you're supposed to spend on dams.
Speaker 9: If you're supposed to spend on tricity, if you're supposed to spend.
Speaker 2: On our.
Speaker 5: Lookal the finally our state owned, the final a reisold that they are producing. If you're supposed to spend in our ja quta stealing and get it working within.
Speaker 2: Two three years if you if you have the.
Speaker 9: Right leadership, if you have the right politicians in Anjuria, they.
Speaker 1: Will do it.
Speaker 21: So again again again.
Speaker 9: You'll find that during elections when it comes to elections.
Speaker 2: When it comes to voting, we take it like a joke.
Speaker 9: It is due election on election day, that is when some people want to organize football matches in the streets. And then when bad at us managed to grab our we spend the four years kind of our eyes out.
Speaker 2: Look at our.
Speaker 9: Voter Tonal during election, just twenty seven percent American connected election.
Speaker 2: Recently they had a turnout of six I think sixty seven or sixty six percent.
Speaker 5: Our politics in Nigeria is very wrong and it is at the foundation of all our problems.
Speaker 2: So please, I what I just want to to end.
Speaker 5: I want to play with you or whatever platform you have, whatever.
Speaker 2: Means you have to communicate to nine gans.
Speaker 9: Please always send the message.
Speaker 2: Across to them that they should go and vote. Fourteen should be it is.
Speaker 5: If you tell them this a civic Priston's ability, it will look like another joke.
Speaker 2: Tell them it is manday, so they should go and vote. Maybe if we go and vote, will.
Speaker 5: Managed to get our leader, our politics right, managed to get the right leaders in place.
Speaker 2: Who effects the change, the positive change that we need. On that note, I will yield demand for someone. Thank you, guys, Thank you Nigia.
Speaker 3: Okay, Nagia, and now this is thank you so much before I go to I think the context.
Speaker 22: Is that.
Speaker 3: Despite our political problems econmomy problems.
Speaker 23: There's still light because you know, you know, things I like about financial markets is that you have to have optimism. For you to be successful, you have to you have to be positive. And when I say you have to be positive, you have to look at the positive side of things.
Speaker 2: It's a topic economy, food inflation.
Speaker 3: You know, it's so high the areage that you spends about sixty percent always in.
Speaker 2: Common food, a loan.
Speaker 3: So when it's very sadful when we sieve many people not taking advantage of opportunities in Naderia market, you know, And that's why we created this piece for and Color has been doing so much on trying to preach a financial placy because, whether I like it to notes, the most important thing is how to be ready advanced. You know, while we can be trained, tantrumshgling, debating, it's how it makes an impact and that matter as most and I often.
Speaker 2: Say that, see you guys.
Speaker 3: Yes, while we're discussing our problems, a lot of people are doing things and quiet are making the beds because you see, if you look at the last two three years, people that are still bet on Nigeria despite the tough and colony are big winners. If you look at the Nigel and richest men, they are richer. They ad narrow evaluation and I've always argued with people. I says, see, let's do the mask. Why is the really Richard? Why is Dantis still reature?
Speaker 2: Why is well.
Speaker 3: Even in value time, the value times if you look at the air, the the the rice for goods, the privacy for goods is still high because they found a way of passing course through consumer I think we really need to channel our discussion and how to improve ourselves because we don't need to confront ourselves. And that's why I try to stay away from tribout discussions.
Speaker 2: I try to stay from postcardations.
Speaker 3: But naturally for to work, we really need to have asset to ourselves that we have differences, but would we believe in want Nigeria and as long as the years won't, we have to.
Speaker 2: Make it work.
Speaker 3: And that's why I say, guys, bat on people that are making things upon try and take us value system, empower yourself, go to school, take courses online, those pendal times, kids making and things like that.
Speaker 2: That for me is the best way to really.
Speaker 3: Become the advanced because see we can sit still the twelve million diets and we all know that if we don't have value the.
Speaker 2: System, we don't listen to us. We can this system.
Speaker 3: We can only listen to us if we ourselves also producing value, so that I will go to LA school.
Speaker 2: It's all thank you. Agree with thank you, Carrol fort of consonations. So I would I will agree with some of the things Carlor have said.
Speaker 24: But before I dive into that, going with your last comments, yes it's not good to bring the qualities or.
Speaker 22: You know, ethnic issues in finance. But we have to also at some points called space is spaid.
Speaker 2: Because if we are not able to speak out on some of some of the only issues, that we may not be able to get this right now. I want to speak on what Klo said on the a of it is a good one of.
Speaker 22: Free trade zone, our ports the country see the need the country Nigeria.
Speaker 2: So it said, Yah, it's.
Speaker 25: Need to be set in the food with the way the unit is to do some of the national assets on your first structure.
Speaker 1: In the country.
Speaker 2: Right in Legos, we have the Upper Pact Complex Ports complex which is the main port. We have tea talent, We have my two ports. We have now three trade zone lectly free trade zone in one six right now. Yeah, we have only reports and protaponts.
Speaker 1: We have wor reports.
Speaker 2: We have a bad port, we have furnature. You known ports. It is small ports. You know. Now you you ask yourself something.
Speaker 1: You can come here and.
Speaker 8: Say that, oh, neport has been working for a while, he has.
Speaker 2: Been there all alone. Why are people not using the ports now? I don't know about reason before.
Speaker 25: If you're in the US or you're around the world, are you engaged if you think of probably you know to run your content or if you're doing a car or rural open ship shipment and your sheep in complete?
Speaker 26: You know when if you're used from shipping compact patter before.
Speaker 2: Once you go to right here to.
Speaker 26: Nigeria, the only ports you will see in the drop down list is thin and a Papa pot.
Speaker 2: You can't you can't go to any You can't do anything. I don't know about recently, but when I used to do shipping into Nigeria.
Speaker 26: You can't go to any shipping company or working with any ship in compact patter and you you you select Nigeria as its lake on and you will see or let you see Calaba.
Speaker 2: You will see or you want to see them. It is only least true that you can see. So where? Why why is that the case?
Speaker 24: Why can't I stay in the US maybe Gavaston in Texas and select my basiness to bet or Calaba if they are actually walking because others.
Speaker 2: Have been mad or it is you people that I'm not using the port. It's like you know that I'm not using the people that are in the southeast. Why can't they go I'm.
Speaker 24: Through the appoint in Calaba or in in the waing is because is anybody stopping them?
Speaker 2: I recall when Carlo was treating a bottle of distance those who are some of the comments that are covenant in this comments. Is everybody stopping you from using reports or on their ports or kind of reports?
Speaker 24: But sit in China or Corea, I want to shift in those ports and see whether these those sports are you doing?
Speaker 2: Billing poo for you to even select what memory happens is all what all the ships come to? Upper particle? People now who move using small as sheep or whatever moving to or I don't think I don't think you can see they.
Speaker 11: I don't know how it.
Speaker 2: Has changed recently in the last one, I'm.
Speaker 26: Happier or what I'm telling you before now those block ports are not available for destination and some of these things are for you know, is because that's why I said that we are a second the truths as a country. What stuffs our presidents, our leaders to say? They say, though that has been given to on to upper pack tinker, why don't you why don't you make all that costs for wark.
Speaker 2: So that anywhere in the work people can select it really from forts. And that's it and the deal.
Speaker 24: Even if even if we know that almost all the sheeps that are coming from the US, all of them go through all the Aguran countries, they go to.
Speaker 26: Better republic as the Otul when when they're finishing to do they will talking thinking when they fish from that the way they will be moving.
Speaker 2: Why don't they?
Speaker 24: Why don't they move all your way even to they all your way to Colaback?
Speaker 2: Why would he?
Speaker 24: Why would everything is proper, thinker proper. It's not that you will not leaders were as to be able to take taste if you want to.
Speaker 2: Go to Klaba or you want to go to Worry or you want to go to one. We're not talking to myself the truth. Yeah, I feel that there is.
Speaker 26: It's a Debreaks attempts to make such in places in the country.
Speaker 2: Actually he just to keep it goes off some advantage over the orders. It is. It's that that's song we've seen you haven't seen it. I think in that first or whatever.
Speaker 24: Okay, that's that's two percent, since two percent of the old disciplement on then as a comunity until I end up.
Speaker 2: In the South East and south south. So Robot, every businessman.
Speaker 3: That I use this as a port, they are y, yeah, Goodena doesn't.
Speaker 2: End up in legal it's also always move or you move somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think the points. But let's tie this back into the the spending we're talking about. I think Caliber Port, Worry Port, Calabaras wants dredging. I think that's an issue with with with Caluba port treading because it's in a stilled area. He needs consistent treading, which we can afford. The one in Worry they've dredged it. But the guy I read this paper. The notice I read said they still don't have these big ships. Why you don't you see those ships coming to those other ports? Is very simple. Ships moved by volume, right, it doesn't make any sense to go to on air if there's no volume. So the volume goes to the Tinkhan and Purport and the largest ports for transhipment in West Africa. You're drop it off in Legos. Better republic come and carried. So Nijer would it would favor us more to build this massive port. Cameroon is building one from China, Togo is building one from China. Massive ports narrows and they are targeting Nigeria. That's what they're doing. So Nigeria would might might seek to say, well, we're going to focus only in Legos, but West Africa is building ports just on our borders to target the folks that were ignoring. Let me put it as simple as I can. If Nigeria does not capture the trade that is going to go to the south, south, southeast, even to the northeast of the country, they will come through Cameroon. The port in Kroun is there for Nigerians. They will put it in Cameroon. And drive it into Nigeria, and Nigeria will lose the revenue. Same for the for the ones that are happening in Nitia and all that. So Nizia's built a refinery by past Nigeria. So let's not cut off our nose to spider our face and lose out in the end. You know, Nigeria is only powerful when we are together. That's the that's the truth. If we start to segment, I'm looking this at the very beginning. If we start to segment everything to say that we're going to put a road in this area, will put it, that is not nothing's gonna happen. Will do so many roads, nothing will get done. We're doing Legos to Calabar, We're doing bears It, We're doing Socoto to Legos high personic express road. It's not gonna get done because you're over stretching yourself. You have no money for that. There's no money for that. We have an existing East West road that has not been completed. Focus on completing these road so the food costs come down. That's the spending again we're talking about. You might even spend the money legally, but you are missuspending by spending or what's not going to be productive. That's on that point of we've got the floor. Oky, thank you so much for that. Please go ahead.
Speaker 2: Okay, Cayl, thank you very much. Well, what I want to say is this. You know, when we talk about the state government.
Speaker 27: And one of your previous spaces I could remember who we do was hammering why is the government of fair RIVERSTD not doing anything about day on their part calabaa.
Speaker 9: That they're doing and the other We see the problem in Nigeria most times.
Speaker 11: I look at it that the people we've had as leaders, we are electing fools, people who can.
Speaker 2: Not think straight. Let's language language, Okay, no problem, because this is the problem. We keep on praising Lego state governments.
Speaker 5: For what is going on in Legos. That's not how it works. Imagine if they cross Reversted government decides to invest.
Speaker 2: In calaber Port.
Speaker 28: What Caliber Port would do is to serve this south, south and the southeast. The government will be targeting the nature because of the amount of goods that are coming into our nature.
Speaker 2: They want to take it over from legals. But do you know what the problem?
Speaker 11: What the problem will be the East West Road, which is the federal government route is in a terrible state.
Speaker 2: Big trucks cannot lie that route. So you say that at the end of the day, if.
Speaker 11: The Cross River state governments invents huge amounts of money in that port, they will not be able to recoup it because the Ownator and other parts of southeast which is the target, is not accessible.
Speaker 2: So most times we blame steed governments.
Speaker 11: Do you know that in keep States they produce large amounts of tomatos and rice? But now we keep on talking about the Keepy State government why they're not making enough money. They are collecting money from legos and are sending it to the goose tomatos and rice that have been produced in Keepy State and mot get to legos, they cannot get to our nature, They cannot get to our back, They cannot get to a budget where the consumption is needed. So how do they even get back the money? Farmers, those people who are supposed to be farmers there a lot of them will get frustrated and they will leave and come to legos and prefer to start doing any menial job to raise money, because even farming in Keepy State is not look creative. After farming, where are you going to take it to So most times there is nothing more watch that these state governments could do except we start telling ourselves the truth and the figure government comes in.
Speaker 2: And the worst about it is.
Speaker 11: The way we spend We're talking about East Westwood, We're talking about legosy about the expressway. See what is happening in Legos. Let's give it time except we diversify and we make other paths of Nigeria a productive by connecting them with rails and good roots. And if we continue like this, Legos will get overwhelmed. That at the moment all those trucks taking containers to our nature from Legos, they are having big challenge in billying the papers.
Speaker 2: Express rood the pipers in Belli is in a terrible shape.
Speaker 11: Trucks are falling down, containers are falling down on daily basis. So what happens some people are.
Speaker 2: Closing shop in more Nature going to Legos.
Speaker 11: Now posess that leg Gos get over crowded and they can't even make profit.
Speaker 2: What would they do is it that they leave the country or they go out of business.
Speaker 11: So until we begin to do the right thing connect infrastructure, all these problems, some costs cannot be effective airpoint.
Speaker 2: States can produce.
Speaker 28: Gary, but they produce Gary and Gary get sports in their states.
Speaker 11: They can't even transport it out before it gets to an um, before it gets to evening.
Speaker 2: Look that it's very close to the rest of them as sports.
Speaker 11: So except we begin to fix the reil lines, connect them to the right places, fix the road.
Speaker 2: We're doing those to roads. When East Westwood is not working.
Speaker 1: We got to move on. Yeah, I think if you made the point, it's very very clear. Guys, nearly three hours spent. Let us call it. Call today, and we're gonna get cool. I've got cool, We've got vers neck, and then we'll get Magid and then we just call today. Just three guys that I hear, I do apologize three hours and it's a partially your top because it's our money, is our tax money, and we want to have this one trillion economy. President has has has promised the way you get to a trillion is to spend. Right, that's one way you get to a trillion. Let me get to Majid. I've got much my hagit it brought him is that you, sir Magid? Please go ahead, Magid? All right, let's get first vase. No, I can't. I can't represent name. Mister. You gotta put how to say you gotta put like the explainer, how to say it? Dont thinking? Yeah, all right, please go ahead. I don't Are you still there? I think it dropped off. It looks like it's you vast Look I didn't. I just told you. Philips, hm, cooler, Phillips. You've got the floor. I didn't touch anyone. First look is gone. We try again. Cooliftis has also gone. What's happening? Guys? All right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Go ahead? Yes, what's right? You take your audio upper pitch. You're gonna take us home. You're gonna be last weaker. Yeah, your audience kind of low. Your audio is low. Yeah, try again. If not, you can run it up.
Speaker 2: Live.
Speaker 1: So yeah, audi is very low, Bro, I can't hear. You're very very low. Your audience very low. I think it's a t Yeah. I think it's been a day, right, three hours, three hours here basically talking about things that are passionate for us. We thought we even went through investments and all that, but the the the summary is still the same. We are not spending and investing in the most productive way we could do it. Better. You know, We know the government has a lot it has to take. It's easy for us to sit here.