Speaker 1: Ooh, I got a great idea for dinner tonight.
Speaker 2: How about Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas Preston and Plano Parkway. Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen is so good it was named best pizzeria in all of DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News. They've got Dallas style pizza. They got Chicago, Detroit Tavern style and New York style pizza all at Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen located in Plano.
Speaker 1: There's only one location.
Speaker 2: Head to Plano at Preston and Plano Parkway for Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for Basis Week Day a day featuring veteran news anchor Katie Fontweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world. Measles up to two twenty three now number keeps growing.
Speaker 1: How many deaths have we had?
Speaker 3: Two? One was a kid, One was a person actually ended up being in New Mexico, on the eastern part of New Mexico around the border.
Speaker 1: So I was just going in there.
Speaker 3: Five year anniversary of COVID being declared a global pandemic up to two twenty three, the numbers increasing by the day.
Speaker 1: So he just spiked his phone.
Speaker 4: You can't hear that if you're driving around listening, but KT emphatically spiked.
Speaker 3: I think they heard it. Pandemic Turner, they heard it. So you know, watch out for the mees. You your Broni's man. The Rangers are in the news and TMZ has picked up this story. It's it's it's become quite a big thing. MLB and New Era put out these these new hats and the logos are stupid. Uh, They're very dumb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree what New Era.
Speaker 3: Is going with. They had this concept. So it's got the team logo, like of the name. Look some teams for US, it's Texas. But for instance the Mariners, is are the Brewers. You know, it's their team name. But on the Rangers it says Texas across and then over that and a little more bold stitch is your traditional logo. Again, I'll use the Brewers as an example. It's the the baseball and the glove. You know, if it's a LA, clearly LA. Well for the Rangers it is the tea, so it's Texas. But in the middle of it on the hat. The tea is kind of covering up the X even though the X is on there. And if you just read it, it would say something that I believe. I've done the research on this. We can't say it on the air.
Speaker 4: We can because we're in English speaking language. Now I'm saying that with confidence. I have no idea because they dropped me when I said it. Well, you said it, no, yeah, but you didn't know I'm talking about you said.
Speaker 1: You said it. You're trying to say it in Spanish.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can say if you can't say in English, you can't just say it in Spanish exactly.
Speaker 4: You're saying an English word, you're not. You're not saying the Spanish. Like when I'm in the Great Britain, I talk about their cigarettes, I'll use the F word there, but I won't use it here because we speak a different kind of English here.
Speaker 2: So if you're saying if you were on Hispanic radio, you could say it now, you can't sell right.
Speaker 1: You can say it on English speaking radio now, but you wisely didn't just say it. And we're not in Great Britain.
Speaker 2: And I would advise no one to say it. I would advise everyone to not say it.
Speaker 3: For our American audience though, Spell it T E and then it's a T that'sing the x's, so that is uh. You know.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of words for boobs, boobs, juggies, warlords, warlords, knockers, knockers, hooters, but the one that I've always thought we should be able to say, you know, but we're not for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: It's a strange one. But the rules are rules. Didn't have a book that we're all given or do our training.
Speaker 1: But you can say too heart ease, teats.
Speaker 3: Oh T. Yeah, you can say teats, but you can't say the other one.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that's what that was in Spanish. I saw this last night on Twitter and I was like, well, that's close to the T word. I guess that's why people are freaking out.
Speaker 1: But I didn't know either.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I was specifically searching for that Latin that word and I couldn't and it popped up.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't want to look at a hat, so I didn't, you know. I read.
Speaker 3: I read the story and then I went and showed it to my wife to say like, I was like, do you know what this is? I showed her the hat and she goes, oh my god. I started laughing. She's like, because she knew you wasn't offended.
Speaker 1: No, I should have offended.
Speaker 3: But she was like, what are they doing? I was like, well, this is why this is a story. So you know they're calling it Spanish slang vulgarity, although I would call it in locker room talk. For me, those are.
Speaker 1: Great word to use. Spend a lot of time in locker rooms.
Speaker 3: In fact, come out to the parade on Saturday, you know, Saint Patricks Day parade, and I'll tell that word to your face a lot.
Speaker 1: I love that word. It's one of my favorite words.
Speaker 3: And we can't say it.
Speaker 4: Yes, he spends a lot of time in Latin American locker rooms.
Speaker 3: I do. I've never heard say it like Rugie's little brother. Hey, I've never seen I didn't say which one. I didn't say which one of Rugy's little brothers. He has a lot of them, he really does. Their old name is Rookie.
Speaker 1: But I like that.
Speaker 3: Evan Grant, you know a guy who's been you know, he's been on the beat for many years. I like that he has to seriously. I assume go to his office the Dallas Morning News. I assume he's out of cubicle and he has the type in the ranger's case the tea set in the middle of Texas to block out the X and create an inadvertent visual of a Spanish slang vulgarity for women's breasts.
Speaker 1: Did you guys see what the astros ended up? That was my favorite? Tell a dash hose the ass. Wow, I can get behind that.
Speaker 3: The angels, did you see them?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: I like, let's see the diamondbacks I believe are Arianna.
Speaker 2: You know this is there's just no hat originality, and they're trying to sell hats to people who already have every hat. Like, how can we do it different? Well, I'll start a company that has them upside down. You're a billionaire. Now, no one ever thought about having the same hat. But I have the lettering upside down. I'll just put an extra letter right in the middle. Oh my god, I have every hat. I have to have that hat.
Speaker 3: This does like the hat version of extra extreme chili lime hot fries. Yeah, just taking it to the next level. What are you doing now, bacon bit burger pringles or something.
Speaker 6: Have everything, bagel pringles that are not great. By the ways, Yes, do.
Speaker 2: You guys think a better name for cheeseburger would have been chugger.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I've never spent a single second of time thinking about it until now, and that now it's all I can think about.
Speaker 2: I watched a movie last night, or a series that I hadn't seen a long time.
Speaker 1: It's called The Black Bird.
Speaker 4: Is that the one where I don't tell me Nicole kidman's carrying around a bird in a in a cage.
Speaker 1: No, like the kids are blind. This is.
Speaker 2: This is a guy and this is really good acting. By the way, it's a true story. It's a guy who goes to prison. He had been it's dark, you know obviously he had been murdering small girls. And why were you watching this? Because one guy was sent to prison. And if you could get him to elicit it, if he could elicit a confession of the guy or find out where the bodies are buried, he could get out.
Speaker 1: Of jail free.
Speaker 2: And so he had a limited amount of time to go get fined out. He had to befriend the guy in prison, get all this information out of him before he got killed. In the prison, and Rayleota, who's in the movie, was having a stroke, and in the middle of the stroke, he was at a restaurant and he says, I'd like a turger, an an appa and a coffee offie. He couldn't, you know, alpack because he was having a stroke, so he couldn't fixures. So instead of saying a cup of coffee, it was like an off a coppe eye, And he said a turgger, And I was like, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, why didn't we call it that to begin with?
Speaker 2: And I totally dismissed the Great Raleiota's acting performance because I got caught up on tuger would have been way better than cheeseburger.
Speaker 4: I guarantee you you will not like what it says about tuger on Urban Dictionary.
Speaker 2: No, no, really, dude, should I not have said it unless it was in Spanish?
Speaker 1: Dump him three times? Yeah, okay, Here we go.
Speaker 3: Suger a burger made with an equal mixture of ground chicken and ground beef.
Speaker 1: Oh fantastic. I don't like that.
Speaker 3: I don't want raw chicken mix it into my burger. Sorry, here's the alternate. Here we go, one of the many.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 3: A guy.
Speaker 1: I can tell by the way he's saying it.
Speaker 3: Who's a fat f who goes around shaking his massive sweaty ranger hat as he causes an earthquake in the ground.
Speaker 1: Okay, that visual what someone says, Tugger, That's what I'm gonna think of, dude.
Speaker 4: It does not matter what you come up with, just something that's just sort of out of the ordinary, there will be something weird and shocking on Urban Dictionary attached to it.
Speaker 3: Reach massive sweaty ranger hats on. Oh my god, Oh that sjugger. Your guy's an important new Southwest Airlines for the first time charging passengers to check bags. This is going to be happening soon. They're under some pressure from the investment management company. It's called for big changes to their business model because look, if you look around, US Airlines took in more than five billion dollars in baggage fees last year. So Southwest Airlines, who's been missing out on all that for all these years? Like, yeah, I guess we got to do that now and then.
Speaker 6: Sucks, didn't they just fire or lay off a bunch of people. Yeah, and now they're still doing this too.
Speaker 3: We're seeing companies doing some things now on the On the flight back this morning from San Antonio, I flew Southwest and I was like number six in line.
Speaker 1: So I was, you know, able to get to the very front. Oh that's awesome. Yeah, and I sat on the front row. We have all the leg room. Uh huh.
Speaker 4: No one sat between me and the other dude. Oh, like I wonderful. I couldn't believe. I was like, so everyone here is passing the best seat in the plane.
Speaker 1: Okay, weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I got all the leg room and no one sitting next to me.
Speaker 6: Were you wearing your bird mask or.
Speaker 4: No Bird of the apocalypse? That's a great I should start doing that. No one will sit next to you on a plane. Absolutely, that's a great bit.
Speaker 3: This it's a delta. American and United charge thirty five dollars for a single bag. Southwest has not announced what it will be, so maybe they do like fifteen or something.
Speaker 1: Aren't they And aren't they going to have a signed seating too? Yeah? When does that happen?
Speaker 4: I know the bags are coming May twenty eight to get it there, doing it right before Memorial Day, which is a big travel weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, American airlines. You don't. They don't charge. They don't charge. But I have a credit card.
Speaker 4: If you have American Express, yeah, then your bags are covered.
Speaker 1: If it's American Still while you're crapping a backpacks, what I do? Yep?
Speaker 4: And then about it and then you immediately get to the hotel and you call down and you ask them if to have an ironing board.
Speaker 1: Good job, Kevin.
Speaker 3: You guys righty for a brand new segment premiere. Yeah, it's called it's called Wasted Day.
Speaker 1: Trust me, all right, We'll trust you. That's coming up next.