Speaker 1: Aco Day radio program. All right, so you know it's an election season, so that means the Atlantic's got to put out some big old article talking about how much Trump hates the troops and to back it up use a bunch of anonymous.
Speaker 2: Sources and various narratives.
Speaker 1: Ironically, if it's like the Suckers and Losers thing, which is also the Atlantic that pushed that and then promised, by the way, to back it up with more and some on the record stuff because they saw people were like, do you have any proof? And they're like, oh, yeah, yeah, we're gonna get that out there, no problem. And then they just didn't. But none of it mattered, right because none of their colleagues are going to look at them and go, what are you doing doing that? They were just upset. I think they didn't think of it, and that thing gained so much traction that the whole suckers and Losers thing was. You know, that's still brought up. That's still brought up by Joe Biden almost every time he speaks about Trump. That Charlottesville got to get a thrown in there.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So the stuff of the Atlantic article, there's numerous things, and then there's things that aren't in the article, which we'll get to here in just a moment, all right, but let'll give you an example of some of the some of the things there. In an Oval Office meeting on December fourth, twenty twenty, officials gathered to discuss a separate national security issue. For the end of the discussion, Christopher excuse me, Trump asked for an update on the McCarthy investigation. Christopher Miller, the acting Secretary of Defense, writes in a tweet. Let's see Mark Esper had been terminated. YadA, YadA. All right, So what this is? What what they're having a conversation about. I'm gonna lay them lay the foundation out for you. Is a funeral, according to The Atlantic, and specifically a funeral that Trump had indicated that he would pay for.
Speaker 2: How did we get here? All right? So this goes back to this goes back to April of twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: You have a twenty year old Army private who was bludgeoned to death by a fellow soldier at Fort Hood in Texas. Right, it was kind of a big story. Obviously, you have people committee murder on Yeah, with the murder amongst members of the military, kind of stuff there, the killer, aided by his girlfriend, burned her name is Vanessa Gian, burned her body and it took a few months where they found the remains basically buried in a river bank near the base. All Right, So they go and give a background in the story here of Gian, she her family, where they immigrated from, where she grew up, all that kind of stuff. Well, Trump invited the family to the White House, right because because obviously it was in the news, and it was more so than just in the news. It triggered an investigation into management, if you will, down there at Ford Hood. So when Trump's asking about this stuff is as they start to tell the story, he's that's the funeral.
Speaker 2: He's talking about.
Speaker 1: And one of the big reasons obviously it came to his attention and fell in that direction, is because of the notoriety of it. And so Trump did what he has done on many occasions, whether it's give a woman one hundred dollars or in this case, offered to pay for something that part of you know. Momentary generosity is something that Trump likes to associate with himself and his character, and people like it, who like him, people hate it with the heat of a thousand sons that don't like him. Let's be clear, right, remember how mad they got about him giving that woman one hundred dollars in the grocery store here a few weeks ago or apoplectic man. So this is this is the big tent pole of the of the Atlantic piece, because what you're going to hear is as this thing is getting set up, you know obviously obviously that there is this secondary narrative where Trump, who was in a meeting and I'm going to play audio for you, decided that he wanted to Yeah, he wanted to include a gesture. And so as he's meeting with the family, he's you know, he's offering to pay for the funeral. Yeah, the family's gotten taken to the White House. I mean, obviously they're going through a terrible time. They don't fully know what happened. Still at that point, you know, it was pretty pretty instantaneous. And also there were investigations that were starting to break out among you know, the the Brass, specifically up at ford Hood.
Speaker 2: So that's the scene center, that's where all that stuff is, right.
Speaker 1: Murdered daughter Army private body found months later after after she was missing investigations into the culture and the climate over at Ford Hood in this case, and Trump, the outgoing president, sitting there saying that he'd pay for the funeral.
Speaker 2: Are we all up to speed? Okay?
Speaker 1: I promise they'll give much easier take takeaways for people to scream on social media all day to day, right, and we'll get to those. But there's a certain complexity. There's a certain complexity to exactly what's you know, what's happening?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four am. I staring right at the family audio and not seeing that. Oh, there we go. I'm sorry, I just look at it. That was the Mark halprint thing. Okay, all right, we'll get to the Mark Calprint thing in just a moment. Here is Trump in the Oval office with the family of private game.
Speaker 3: When would you like to have the funeral? When?
Speaker 4: As soon as possible? I think as soon as possible. We'll do PEERI will make sure we make sure that happens.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Yeah, where will you have the funeral? Do you know? In Houston? And if I can help you out with the funeral, I'll help you out. I'll help you out financially.
Speaker 4: Military good, they'll do a military that's good. If you need help, I'll help you out. Okay, if they need something, will take care of We'll make sure. I think she is very respected.
Speaker 1: All right, So there's the setup. What do you think the story is? Of course, yeah, no, he went all I spit on your grave.
Speaker 2: Essentially, that's how they're going to go ahead and play this.
Speaker 1: So they're alleging that Trump's like, yeah, i'll pay, I'll pay for your funeral of the private We'll we'll.
Speaker 2: Help you out.
Speaker 1: And that's where that's where, according to the Atlantic, they last left things right. The family's attorney, her name is said Natalie Kawam says, I think the military will be paying taking care of it. Trump replied, good, they'll do a military referring to a military funeral. That's if you need help, I'll help you out later. And this is this is where this thing started to gain traction. Later, a reporter covering the meeting asked Trump, have you offered to do that for other families? He said yes, essentially, he said a lot more than that, but yeah, yeah, he said, I have. All right, then things started to blow up, right, he had a public memorial service held in Houston two weeks after the White House obviously acknowledged what was going on there. People in the into the upper Rechelans. I believe even the base commander suffered some sort of repercussions down there in Fort Hood.
Speaker 2: And all of this, all of this.
Speaker 1: Narrative for nine paragraphs of the Atlantic, which I'm sure is just making you want to drive into a poll right now, was set up because the Atlantic is going to tell you that Trump lied to the lied to the family, and they want to make sure that you're now as emotionally invested as possible in the family.
Speaker 2: How do how do how do they know? How do they know?
Speaker 1: Because they've got all sorts of people talking in their ear man who I'm not going to tell you, but just just trust, just trust the Atlantic. Uh, they got they got their best folks on it. So now we now fast forward to.
Speaker 2: This, uh you know, to the.
Speaker 1: Actual getting towards the funeral and the allegations that the Atlantic is making here. So that going back to that Oval Office meeting back in December, Trump asked for an update.
Speaker 2: Christopher Miller was actor and Secretary of Defense was in attendance.
Speaker 1: Uh Kash Patel, who was chief of staff, Uh, not for Trump, for Miller, Steven Miller, and Trump asked them, he said, did they bill us for the funeral?
Speaker 2: What did it cost?
Speaker 1: And according to attendees, into notes of the meeting taken by a participant. So again we are back to Donald Trump is in these rooms with maybe five other people, four other people, and handwritten notes of everything that was said. Not that people don't take notes. Some people are crazy note takers, still doing that shorthand thing. So I don't know, but it's like.
Speaker 2: You're in a room, You've got five of you in there, and.
Speaker 1: Somebody is just willing to transcribe notes and then just hand them over to a member of the media.
Speaker 2: Both things weird.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: Well that's the thing. Everybody involved in it, it says that that did not happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well you can't believe them.
Speaker 6: Everyone in the room is said it did not.
Speaker 2: You can't believe them. They're on the record.
Speaker 1: That's the stupidity of it here, because Cash Patel, Steven Miller, Mark Meadows, who was apparently in the room too, Like they can they all can go out and publicly be like this is not true, and they'll be like, well, You're just saying that because you're Mark Meadows, and it's like, well, hold on, Mark Meadows.
Speaker 2: Is using his name. Your person is uh, what is it? What's their name? Someone familiar with? That's a weird name. What is that? Is that Greek? What is that? Does sound like a name to me?
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, no, they deny every bit of it, just like they denied the suckers and losers things. But it's like it Atlantic, you did the same thing again, and you're probably pretty proud of yourself. All right, So here's where Trump, uh, here's where Trump allegedly snapped. All right, According to attendees and to the contemporaneous notes of the meeting taken by a participant, Meadows or somebody say, yeah, we didn't.
Speaker 2: Get a bill. It was sixty k sixty.
Speaker 1: Thousand dollars, which is a lot for a funeral, but sadly becoming not as a lot. Have you seen some of the new the funerals, destination funerals?
Speaker 2: Do you guys know? That's the thing?
Speaker 1: Ross you ever been to a destination funeral? Not a destination wedding? No, no, no, no, no, destination funeral. That's not and that's.
Speaker 2: Not where your your aunt died and he.
Speaker 6: Just traveled to Tennessee for a funeral.
Speaker 1: But no, this is where you have your funeral, but you have it in like Paradise, and then your family while they're there, they get the funeral use.
Speaker 6: So it's where the person wanted to be buried or is it where the family want to go to?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's probably is. It's a little bit of both, right.
Speaker 1: It's your Irish grandfather wanted to be buried back on the you know, the green pastures of County Claire, right, because you know whatever, and so you make that. That's one thing. The other thing is, oh, man, Nana died. I wonder if Nana wants to be buried in Cancun, right, and then you all use Nana's money to go to the funeral there and can't You're not heard of this destination?
Speaker 6: No, And I'm gonna be honest, I was happy I have not heard of it because it's ridiculous. But I mean, hey, if that's what Nana.
Speaker 1: Wants, well, if that's what Nana wanted, if Nana wanted to you know, be you know, lay in state next to the all you can eat buffet and the water down all you can drink alcohol at that at that five star thing, you're probably gonna get lasteria plumb. Uh, Who are you to question Nana? Maybe Nana was Maybe Nana was a little bit a freak man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's sort of like the Princess Bride right where he's on the table with Miracle Max or whatever. So Nanda, yeah, is passing away and they're like, Nana, where would you like to be buried? And she's like, oh, like she's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think she did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, another another great spot to murder Nana. Excuse me, barry Nana. Maybe he did the first thing too. Turks and Caicos. Nana loves it. In fact, go to thee the Infinity Bar.
Speaker 2: That's what she said.
Speaker 1: You hear right there she say Tursey Cakos Infinity Bar next to the ritz Ah.
Speaker 3: Oh man, it was.
Speaker 2: Her last words. Not you're all a disappointment that yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you're like you're rating your I mean, I guess if the buddy is then yere.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just I'm like, this is the thing, this is what's And then I immediately saw how ripe for abuse.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: So anyway, sixty thousand dollars as the funeral. And then here is where the outrage starts. Trump's reaction, Trump reportedly started. He became angry and said, it doesn't cost sixty thousand dollars or sixty thousand bucks to bury an effing Mexican. You've overreached on the quote, my guy. Even if I thought Trump was going to be as as as racistly insulting as you're going to claim in some of these things, like you didn't even get how he does words correctly, Donald Trump. I'm sorry, I just don't see Donald Trump yelling. Oh, here, I'll see him saying it, let alone, screaming it doesn't cost sixty thousand dollars to bury an effing Mexican. That's what they That's what the anonymous source with the note.
Speaker 6: Yeah, anonymous, it's just last minute ditch effort. Nonsense. Well, two weeks left in the campaign.
Speaker 1: What no, no, come on, man, it's anota, he told He turned to Marked Meadows and said, don't pay it.
Speaker 2: Can you believe it? Effing people trying to rip me off? Yeah, I'm sorry, what what are we gonna say?
Speaker 6: The last two weeks of the campaign? Crazy?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like, uh, you know the what are they called the the the.
Speaker 2: The truncated window, and it's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's important to mention too that the Atlantic, the owner of the Atlantic is one of Kamala Harris's good friends plus one of the top donors to her campaign, Like.
Speaker 2: Why would you bring that up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, her and Steve Jobs's ex wife, who's also Hugh.
Speaker 2: It's all one big little cabal there. Uh. The family.
Speaker 1: The attorney for the family told me in this case being the reporter, that she sent the bill to the White House, but no money was ever received by the family from Trump. Some of the costs, Kowomb said were covered by the Army, which had offered to bury Gean at Arlington. Actually some were covered by donations. Ultimately, Gian was buried in Houston. I let me ask this question though, and I again, I tend to be on tiam ross here where I'm like, I it sounds suss sixty thousand for a funeral. I mean, are you allowed to sit here and break this down, by the way, if in fact, you know, if you know, deciding if it did happen, or if it didn't happen, or if a version of it happened and I honestly, I just I can't see Trump screaming that. But also are we allowed to ask did they add did he offer to pay? And then they spent sixty k on a funeral? I don't even know how you could do that. Anyway, we'll be back. Hang on, why are you talking about the Atlantic car?
Speaker 2: You're going? Because that's what people are going to be talking.
Speaker 1: About whether and it will annoy you probably you look at you go. Really, the Atlantic who had the suckers and losers things promised they would provide sourcing just decided not to and then essentially the same article just with different language here.
Speaker 2: And you know, and it's like a lot of these things.
Speaker 1: Man, he just overload it right, got about nine different things in, and then that allows people if somebody else goes, well, he couldn't have done it because he wasn't even at the White House that day. He was over here. Or here is the sister of the woman of the Army private who is screaming from the rooftops that this you know, these allegations are not true.
Speaker 2: The only person who's on record here is this lawyer.
Speaker 1: And after what happened with what's his bucket Stormy Daniels lawyer Avenati. I don't I don't know what to think here, but the allegant let me, let me break down the allegations. Okay, Uh, without going you can get into more of the detail. I laid it out there in the last couple of segments. Basically, Trump's an evil bastard and in these meetings he just says things that are just crazy, and some brave person in the room who will remain anonymous, took some notes, and Trump did things like, uh, he went ahead and uh, he got himself a meeting with the family of of this this woman who was a private stationed at Fort Hood. It was brutally murdered and stuffed into a like a river basin. It took months to find her body. Trump met with the family and and said he would he'd help with the costs of the funeral, and that he's done this before and that's the whole setup, and and then the Atlantic says there, then he didn't, and he got mad, and the anonymous sources he got mad because the they spend sixty thousand dollars on a funeral, and he's like, I didn't offer to pay for that. Screw these people and and uh, you know, and that's job number one. And how dare look what he did to a family. If somebody was a victim, you know it was murdered. You know, it's not they weren't among those killed over in Afghanistan. But still you have a member of the military.
Speaker 2: Has been murdered. It's a tragedy.
Speaker 1: And the family and and and people were literally disciplined and punished for some of the culture around Fort Hood. Let me say this too, and maybe I'm gonna irritate some of the army guys. I never liked Colleen, so I've been there a few times. She went to visit a friend of mine who was serving down there in Fort Hood.
Speaker 2: And uh, not.
Speaker 1: The funnest city uh ever been to. But you go out to the lake. That was a lot of fun. So I don't know, maybe you have some affinity for Colleen. You probably don't, though, but did have a good time out at the lake, little camping and the little boating out there. So AnyWho. So that's that's number one. Number two, And then this is where we just start getting into the comical, right, So let me just read from the article from The Atlantic. Uh, the personal quality is displayed by Trump and his reaction to the cost of the Ghian funeral, which, again I just want to point this out, sixty thousand dollars for a funeral if it and I don't even know if I should get hung up on that because the sister's claiming like this is all bs. The sister of this woman who also did she say she had she just.
Speaker 2: Voted for him. It was going to vote for him.
Speaker 6: No, she voted that day for him, she did?
Speaker 2: You voted that day for him?
Speaker 1: Right, So like people who are being kind of you know, drug in from the side are looking at this and going no. So I I'm trying to understand how this thing goes to print, except I know how this thing goes to print.
Speaker 2: What that it met?
Speaker 1: The high journalistic integrity that you guys purport to have on your mission statement on your about you page here on your own website, which I just read, because.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's that. No, I think it's the Hey, it's October. What are we gonna do?
Speaker 6: They don't they know they're losing their in panic mode? Yeah, the next thirteen days or whatever it is gonna be nuts. You think like you think they fabricate stories before they know you.
Speaker 2: You just need more of it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be bad. It's like it's like they keep trying socialism kind of. It's just like, you know, there, you know what they are. They're a monkey putting the round peg in the square hole, which will go usually and then trying the opposite Therese's that's the only way to describe it.
Speaker 6: I don't find it to be a coincidence too, because I felt very uneasy about this yesterday when they announced that she taking Kamal Harris has taken the next two days off because you know, she was tired or whatever she had to prepare.
Speaker 2: For this b long Brad summer dude, didn't you brat all summer too?
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I missed out but the last two weeks of the presidential campaign. And I'm like, why would you do that unless you know this story is going to drop. There's rumors that a second story, which is even worse, is going to go, right. Yeah, so she's doing what Trump did earlier on when when Kamal started fumbling and her numbers really started going down, right, and all that stuff was no, it's when everything was happening after the debate with Biden. That's what it was. Trump just sort of sit back and let it all happen and all unfolded. Remember, everybody was like, wow, I can't believe he's going this long without making a comment, and he was just letting it happen. She's taking these two large war she knows what's going to drop, right, their version of the October Surprise, even if people don't believe it, because they've lied about everything up to this point.
Speaker 1: And specifically these people be at the Atlantic and in the same way.
Speaker 6: So she's just going to sit back and let it happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but but think about that, think about what ross is correct? Right, like you if you're gonna you have the October Surprise, and then she is.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take a couple of days off. It's been very braddy like.
Speaker 1: It's Here's why that's so outrageous a concept, because that's not how you handle this. The way you handle this is you get blood in the water. Right, And there is that initial Oh wow, I can't believe this story came out. Wow, look at this story about my opponent. Wow, I can't believe it came out. And you know, and you know, you probably would have fed it to him sometimes, right, you think Josh Stone, Josh Stein was sitting around with all the Mark Robinson stuff, going.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I can't what is this all? Right?
Speaker 1: The difference is at that point you have to go through the initial disbelief. I'll be I can't believe I was running against such a monster, and then you and then you feast if you see it's getting traction, And if you're the Democrats, it almost always does, because look who's helping you. You Those those next eighteen to forty eight hours are incredibly important.
Speaker 2: And it depends what is being alleged. Right.
Speaker 1: If the allegations are of a you know, like sexual nature, then you know, you got to you gotta lean into the morality play. If it's of a fiduciary thing, Oh where's this money going? Right, you got have to come out and look like you're you know, you're the great accountant of things around you, and and and you you lean into this in some way, shape or form so that you get the maximum benefit from it. You want it in the zeitgeist. You want people thinking about it. She's so bad, she's so bad. This is the only way that this is what it means, and I think it is what it means.
Speaker 2: She's so bad she could mess up.
Speaker 1: This is what they're thinking. So they will not let her anywhere near the media until they can get this thing threaded in there. Think about that, this is a ropid dope with no uh no follow up there, like they they do not trust her to handle uh a scandal and and and pile on.
Speaker 2: Think about that, Think about the.
Speaker 1: The amount of attacks that you see when these things come out, and uh, and how people react and nothing. They're not gonna let her say anything. And it's like any everything else that I mentioned yesterday, What you don't realize is a lot of stuff is an admission.
Speaker 2: Kids.
Speaker 1: That's how I look at it now. Trump also apparently said some other stuff, and again I just want to point out the uh, let's see here the personal qualities displayed by Trump and his reaction to the cost of the funeral contempt rage racism, right because saying that no, I'm paying sixty thousand for a funeral for a Mexican, right or something like that. Yeah, I swear word in there I paraphrased, all right, So again they just go ahead and they decide yep, that's probably what he said, and then they write this. Trump has frequently voiced his disdain for those who serve in the media and for their devotion to duty. They are referencing themselves. They are referencing the suckers and losers reporting that they themselves did that they then promised to back and they never did.
Speaker 2: And everyone, literally every single person you.
Speaker 1: Can see in any of the photos there at the thing that they've gotten on record, which is like most of them are like, this didn't happen, but yet they drive on.
Speaker 2: His presidency grew to a close.
Speaker 1: In the years since, he's become more and more interested in the advantages of dictatorship.
Speaker 2: This is like a what does that mean? Oh? You know, that's uh, that's a good.
Speaker 1: Point there, you know, like like that you buy a new house and they just showed him a first floor master or something. They're like, oh, I don't have to walk upstairs, so you know, this is an interesting concept. That's how that's how they got him shopping dictatorships. Ross you ever thought I could be a dictator? What an interesting concept?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And you're actually the leader of the free world. I how did whatever? That's fine, I understand power could you know, corrupts absolute power crupt. But like, again, you still have to show me these first steps he keeps taking before.
Speaker 2: You do things.
Speaker 1: Like the MSNBC guy the other day was like, even if Trump loses, he may still seize force, which is an incredible story to write because you never really explained how he's going to You just say like his peeps are gonna help.
Speaker 2: But like that could be anybody anytime.
Speaker 1: It's just it's not easy to pull off a military coup here in the US or you know, whatever it is, unless they're already is one and they just haven't told you yet.
Speaker 2: So that's, uh, that's a fun rabbit hole. But okay, and then.
Speaker 1: Uh, they say so they say that like he's he's just looking. He's shopping, and he keeps looking over at the dictator shop, the dictator shop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, watch out people with no with no examples.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then he said that.
Speaker 1: Trump said the following quote, I need the kind of generals that Hitler had, Trump said in a private conversation in White House. According to two people heard him say this, people were totally loyal to him and follow orders.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: In this case, they they've denied it saying the president never said that. I'd be curious if there was a discussion around it. Not in a thing that I want standpoint, but it's like, like I've had conversations with people about Trump's generals or Trump's general excuse me, Hitler's generals, right, like Rommel, because I've learned about them and it's interesting. It doesn't mean I like Hitler. I don't know that Trump. I don't believe that he said exactly that, but you could convince me he was that there was discussion where he was they were talking about I don't know Rommel or something along those lines, and you know what I'm saying, But I don't know that I believe it was the It was the core focus of a conversation. You're not going to convince me of that. So with that in mind, this stuffs floating around out there. Anonymous sources say this, and uh, and then the actual people say that, and the Atlantic syste said, nah, you know, we're we're going to go forward with this, all right. So as you can imagine everyone else in the media, they're gearing up.
Speaker 2: They got to make this their own. This is how you do.
Speaker 1: Mark Halprin gave a rather interesting, little predictive interview.
Speaker 2: It's just about a minute and a half.
Speaker 1: Let's go ahead and listen to this, because he implies that we're not done yet.
Speaker 7: As The Atlantic has done in the past, that story has headlines or blind quotes rather from people alleging Donald Trump said things that are quite provocative, racially charged, disrespectful of the military. The Atlantic has run stories like this before. The Trump campaign says these quotes are made up. The stories are made up. They came back both in the story and elsewhere. I don't want to get into the details of the Atlantic story here. I have in time to do any of the reporting myself. It didn't run that long ago. But it's the kind of story that Republicans look at and get furious at, bluting the Trump campaign, and it's the kind of story the Democrats believe will finally open the eyes of those Americans still inclined to vote for Donald Trump, because they argue that it reveals who he really is. These last two weeks are going to be filled with things like this. And I can tell you without going into detail, that I've been pitched a story about Donald Trump now for about a week that, if true, would end his campaign, and there's all sorts of things like that flying around.
Speaker 6: I'm not the only one who's been pitched it.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing, by the way, if you're Mark Caliperty, one of these guys up in DC is getting these pitchings, Like I'm really curious who's doing them, Like who that's what you know what I'm saying, Like, I if who's pitching this stuff to you? And if it's the same cats who are running around pitch and stories that some of your colleagues lost their jobs over. Let's just keep this in mind. One of the one of the things that happens is there are people who are the usual suspects out pitching stories and stuff, right, and you you can tell when they're working you, but you can also tell whether the information is good or not real quickly.
Speaker 2: And like why in Washington must be on steroids.
Speaker 1: I don't really get it, you know, from Washington perspective, but I get it from a.
Speaker 2: Being in a in a meet from a media.
Speaker 1: Standpoint, And there's usually two or three people in a general area that this that's kind of their thing, and you get a beat on them and you recognize what's up all right, who you know, what their what their endgame is. You still can evaluate their information, but you you recognize that they have an agenda and I can't think of a more agenda e place. And I don't care if you're you know, you're Helprint or any of the rest of these cats. If you were honest with your stuff, you know that people have agendas. And the people who have who have provided information in the past that has turned out to be provably not true, right because in their case that a tie goes to whoever's against Trump.
Speaker 2: That's the general news sense.
Speaker 1: But then when he proved they're not true, it's like, is that the same people pitching this stuff?
Speaker 2: And by the way, what is help Rent talking about? What is this?
Speaker 1: What is the far worst story? We'll tell you that coming up k co O DA radio program.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: The reason people like why are you talking about the Amazon The reason I am is people are going to bring it up. It's going to be a story. It's not going to be a story that's just going to go away in a day. It's too delicious and it's really hard to disprove. Now even if you're the family, I mean, look at this, you have the family of the young woman of the of the private telling you to stop to the Atlantic, being like, you're running this story. It's not true. You need to stop. By the way, I just went and voted for Trump. That's the actual sister of this young woman, and so have my phone in my hanks. I was trying to do two things at once. So yeah, anyway, you have the family out here going no or not no, no no, no, no, no, no no, and they're just like, yeah, I think we're going to go with this. By the way, he also said he wish, he wished all that he had a bunch of Nazis for generals. That'd be great. Just throw that one in there. So now we get to what Mark Calprin said. And Mark Calprin said they've been shopping a story with him for a week. The details of that are speculative, but the smart money seems to be on. And how do I visualize this basically a video of Trump screaming the N word over and over. Does that sound familiar.
Speaker 2: To you, by the way, Yes, that sound it should.
Speaker 6: I was reading this last night and I started thinking about it. I'm like, there was a rumor that this was going on. I can't remember. I was twenty sixteen or twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: A manit it was right within it when he in the first couple of years of his presidence.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it was Tom Arnold, I believe was saying it exists.
Speaker 2: Correct. They gave him a whole show.
Speaker 1: If you guys, If you guys don't remember, they gave Tom Arnold a show?
Speaker 2: How many episodes did did they? Did they do of it?
Speaker 1: I think it was called the Trump Files, by the way, or the Trump Tapes trump tapes, And I remember talking about it on there, and it was predicated on two things.
Speaker 2: One well, predicated on a couple of things.
Speaker 1: So the Trump Takes is a Bob Woodward book, and so this was kind of attached to that. But anyways, because if you remember Roseanne's ex husband, Tommy there, he did not like Trump and he was an early adopter video TDS moonbat like, Hey, the stuff he was putting out was crazy. But where it got even crazier is he got fixated on this tape. Now, remember there's two different allegations of tapes. There's one where Trump's just losing it in his office over something too. If you remember that the tape was predicated on outtakes of the filming of The Apprentice. Remember they say, that's what made it even crazier because you're telling me in a room that has what fifty people in it, probably because remember they're when they're filming this stuff, they've they've got you know, and the Apprentice. You've got all the different contestants. So depending on the time of the season, plus you know, the production crew, any of the rest, you have a bunch of people there. And so they said that Trump that NBC had footage because remember NBC even checked that NBC had footage of Trump repeatedly saying the N word and some sort of angry rant. So that's one version. Another version it's just him in an office. But I think those are two things that are being conflated.
Speaker 2: But that's the that's the goldpost. And Tom Arnold came out. He's like, Yeah, this is totally a.
Speaker 1: Thing, and we're gonna find the p tape, right, the the Donald Trump Russian hooker tape. And so they're like, oh, that's good, let's go ahead and just give you a whole show. Tom Arnold, go ahead and uncover this. And much like the guys that dig for treasure most times not when they see the storage units, they come up with anything. So is are we to believe that this thing? Yeah, here we go the hunt for the Trump tapes with Tom Arnold and uh these are these are literally the titles of the episode, just so we're clear.
Speaker 2: One the Howard Stern files.
Speaker 1: Uh, And that's you know, because Trump used to come on Howard Stern and Tom Arnold was convinced that there was that somewhere in the grand library of the recording of all of the Howard Stern stuff, that there must be tapes of Trump.
Speaker 2: Maybe not on the air.
Speaker 1: I get the impression that when they record in Stern studios, it's recording even when you're off the air, which I've been in a radio studio like that.
Speaker 2: So that was number one.
Speaker 1: Number two the Apprentice outtakes, And that was what we're talking about here, right, an allegation because I remember there was an anonymous allegation that during his time over at NBC that NBC had tapes of Trump saying this outtakes and was actively hiding them, which I don't.
Speaker 2: Do you believe that for a moment.
Speaker 1: By the way, NBC on episode three, the PP tape episode four, a very special PP tape follow up episode where tom Arno went to a protest and then at in in front of Mark Burnett's house release the tapes, and then backstage Miss Universe Milania elevator Michael Cohen. Okay, so they give me he did a whole eight episodes where they canceled this garbage. That's what we're probably talking about. Unless there's ross, I'm assuming that's have you heard of anything.
Speaker 6: That's that's it's permeating and they're saying, you know, from the other side, it's going to be you know, AI generated. It's not an actual real tape, so they're going to use AI to try to do this.
Speaker 1: And and what what they you know, what they claim that they're going to be able to produce if you believe the Rumor Mill is essentially a combination of that Bill O'Reilly will do it live screamy tape, but Trump and n words or something.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: I think one thing, I think, like I said, the Atlantic story was definitely planned. I think that's why Kamala Harris has taken a few days off. And I think if they are going to drop something else before the election, like before the end of the week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when did they get it in? Now?
Speaker 6: One thing they didn't plan on, however, I think, was Trump's interview with Joe Rogan coming up on Friday. Yeah, because that's going to give him a chance to sit down and talk about everything if anything comes out for hours upon hours, and I think most people will see that and be like, oh, it's all crap.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean the question is will they run Rogan clips? And the answers some of them won't.
Speaker 2: Or they'll they won't run.
Speaker 1: They won't bother to run a clip, even though they would have fair usage. They will paraphrase what was said, mark my words. You will see reports where they don't use the actual footage from Rogan. They'll they'll use a couple Well, they'll do the thing where the reporter's talking and trying to say what they're saying, and then you see little like one sentence written snippets of the transcript that were carefully selected on that point, it's coming.
Speaker 2: Did you see absolutely coming?
Speaker 6: Did you see the headline from the New Republic on the Joe Rogan interview?
Speaker 1: Are you sitting down? I am so seated, In fact, I'm strapped into an electric.
Speaker 6: Chairity go ahead. This is the headline in the article. I just retweeted the show cut at Casey in the radio. Trump cancels all his events in favor of one of the worst people ever.
Speaker 2: Of course. Yeah, it's just so, it's so.
Speaker 1: What happened, What happened to? What happened to who Joe Rogan? Yeah, obviously it's happening to Elon Musk on steroids, happening to Russell Brother Russell brand always kind of weird. You just see he's selling like magic pendance, now, did you and that look if people want to buy magic Pendance to stop five G stuff, and.
Speaker 6: You know, dude, he seems happy. Now what a journey that dude's been on.
Speaker 1: Well, and this is what I was going to say, like you know, and and people are like, oh, it's all fake, it's any of the rest of it. Here's the deal other than him being very eccentric and selling bs pendance, right, And if the if the thing is now that you have some merch that's either overpriced or useless, if that's how we're canceling people now, then prepare to cancel. Pretty much everybody in that sphere well prepared to. Can't rosso get canceled the guys, the guys making coffee mugs with serial killers faces on it, right.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't.
Speaker 6: We took that off the market pretty quickly because we sold out of it. So that's completely different.
Speaker 1: You sold you sold out of the serial killer cups that you put my face on.
Speaker 6: I don't want to focus on my campaign. There's more important things.
Speaker 2: Have a campaign. It's a it's a well, I guess it's a sales campaign.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me that all of the cups that have my picture next to John Wayne Gacy's are just floating around in the.
Speaker 2: Ethos now completely sold out. Oh Jesus, this is my point.
Speaker 1: So look, I don't know, I don't know, but you know quink Eatings right like this headline e Coli outbreak linked to McDonald's quarter pounder in several states according to CDC.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all of a sudden, we got a I shouldn't say all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: It does sound like people are sick according to the article here, But right now, all of a sudden, and McDonald's has an outbreak on their quarter pounder, which is their superior sandwich. By the way, I think we can agree there now I'm trying to think. Last time I went to McDonald's, I had a chicken sandwich instead, but I almost exclusively get the quarter pounder.
Speaker 6: I had two quarter pounders with cheese on what Monday or Sunday a quarter pounder with bacon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with cheese or bacon or both both.
Speaker 6: I was starving and I had gone to the gym that day and I worked out for like two hours or something, and I was like, I just need to eat. And I was I was like, screw it, I'm going to McDonald's when to treat myself two quarter pounders with bacon. It was amazing. I'm still here.
Speaker 2: Why don't you get it?
Speaker 6: Why don't you get a double quarter pounder? I just felt like going with the island.
Speaker 1: I mean, gee, you do whatever you want. Yeah, king of your own future there, but just curious. But yeah, I think it's I think it's the better sandwich there. I usually get the double, but I don't get it with cheese here, just there for the beef.
Speaker 6: Anyway, I heard in the news now you need to get a vax to eat a quarter pounder?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh?
Speaker 6: Really yeah, I'm concerned. Oh no, it sounds it sounds serious.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna get it? Or for your family?
Speaker 1: I mean you're I don't want them. I don't want them to die. So you got to get two, right because you have two quarter pounders?
Speaker 2: Oh man, that sucks.
Speaker 1: Ross is gonna look like a pincushion. Pretty crazy. Now I want a quarter pounder?
Speaker 2: Is that like?
Speaker 1: It's so funny. I read an article and I just like the opposite of them. Yeah, you know what I want. It's a quarter pounder raced agic from the Weather Channel. You like quarter pounders, sir? Or what's your McDonald's go to sandwich?
Speaker 8: Double quarter pounder with cheese, large size, large coke, no pickles, Sunday morning cheese.
Speaker 2: I tend to not get the cheese, but double quarter pounds.
Speaker 8: So yeah, have you tried the chicken big mac.
Speaker 2: Joe? No, I have not tried it yet, but I mean I will.
Speaker 1: The big back is my secondary sandwich, except I am in a blood blood feud with McDonald's over it, ok, because they put too much of.
Speaker 2: The the the the sauce on there special sauce, Yeah, the thousand let's call it.
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 1: So they put too much and so if I tell them I want light sauce. What do you what do you think that that would come out of when they get my order?
Speaker 2: What do you what do you think would would be the case they put on it?
Speaker 1: No, they either put as much or more or none or no, there's no Can you just have the normal squirty squirt?
Speaker 2: Like I understand it's in a pre load thing, so it.
Speaker 8: Tried on the side, say none, maybe they can give you no.
Speaker 1: Probably they'll probably put it in I don't know, some sort of mesh in a leak every Like they're so incompetent on the one thing, I'm scared about the other thing. I'm not bere because there's a pun there because I really want to court.
Speaker 2: But that's grey too. The other day. But hey, it's a good day if you want to McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, walk to your exercise before you ingest three thousands, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly, more clear mornings, more Sunday afternoons.
Speaker 6: Yeah, kind of.
Speaker 8: Up with temperatures upper seventies today, some of us might hit eighty fifties tonight, lo to mid seventies tomorrow and again on Friday, and more sunshine and Sunday over the weekend. Big or cool downcoming though by the end of the weekend close to eighty Saturday, most of us mid upper seventies and in the sixties on Sunday and Monday, and I even think of the next week, ca see there's no rain the forecast lots of sunshine. Did kind of expand it out just for fun and because I could down near the outer Banks. There are some clouds. Oscar was out there, not the Grouch, but the remnants of Oscar, which was a hurricane at one point out over the Atlantic end. Yeah, it's given a little bit of choppy surf to the coastal areas, and some showers are trying to get in there. But for the most part, how.
Speaker 1: Much Oscar makes me nervous. The pea work, the pea lady does not, though, the pea storm.
Speaker 2: Patty, Yeah, yeah, co Patty really.
Speaker 8: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: It's Patty's here, Patty's You're you're, you're you're weird on right.
Speaker 8: That is you know what I mean, that's yeah, that's how.
Speaker 1: Weird in a bad way. Just you know, it's eccentric. So but anyway, all right, I've insulted patties out there.
Speaker 2: I don't mean to. All right, seven forty I was defending your honor that.
Speaker 1: There's no way that you would ravage a coastline. So see that was a compliment. All right, thanks very appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Yep, great stagic there from the Weather Channel. All right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. You went to be on the show Joe Anne.
Speaker 2: Hang on.
Speaker 1: I will get to your call and much more coming up Casey Radio program.
Speaker 2: All right. So I'm sitting there here. I did a thing that.
Speaker 1: I respectfully, I probably should have done it before I even brought it.
Speaker 2: Up, but.
Speaker 1: I like, I blew up this photo and zoomed in on it because I was curious. And the photo, by the way, is a former Congressman Kinsinger and his buddy and a journalist journalists named Ryan. So because I know all this stuff, because the other guy there who's with Kinsinger on the range, his name is Lance Lucas Kunz.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, kons or k u n ce.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just I'm gonna go with my suggested pronunciation because AnyWho. All right, So this is literally what they tweet out along with photos here. It says, great day at the range today with my friend Adam Kinsinger. We got to hang out with some union worker while exercising our freedom. Always have your first aid kit ready. Shrapnel can always fly when you hit a target like today, and we've got to be ready to go. We had four first aid kits, so we were able to take care of the situation. And I'm so glad Ryan is okay and able to continue reporting.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: It's it is true that anytime you're discharging a firearm there is the possibility of exactly you know, of a ricochet happening. I've and I think anyone who's shot enough firearms has at some point had a ricochet that you found troubling, right are you? And and and at that point you try to mitigate how in the hell did that just happen? And you start to learn better, better ways to set up ranges, and and you know the shoots that you're doing. And that's part of the normal process. That being said, if I told any of you out there who like to shoot, any of you, by the way listening, who may work at a range or have have been in charge of arrange, maybe in a military career or something like that, let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: If I told you I.
Speaker 1: Wanted to set up a ten yard ten yard shooting situation. Right, Hey, you wouldn't think that's unusual. Right, A lot of people go and they shoot ten yards with a pistol. That's that's not a thing. But what if I told you I want to shoot metal at ten yards? Now you're getting nervous, right, What if I told you I wanted to shoot solid steel plates at ten yards? What if I told you I wanted to shoot solid steel plates at ten yards with a rifle. Are you guys having you're having some issues now, right, You're like, no, no, because there's a bunch of red flags there, not the least of which is what you're shooting. You shoot a rifle at ten yards, I wouldn't shoot a fixed steel plate. You're asking for a ricochet. And let me add one more. And this is the this is what I noticed only from zooming in on these photos. What if I told you I wanted to shoot steel at ten yards with an AR fifteen? And in front of me the table you know where he normally you'd set cases extra rounds of amo stuff like but but in front of me are multiple bottles of tannerite. And for those of you who shot it, you know the orange the orange labeling they stick out. If you look on this table in front of him where the dude next to him caught a ricochet, there's clearly two and maybe three. I don't know what that third thing is there. Maybe it's powder for some reason I don't understand. That's what it looks like. You're shooting in your shoot and possibly the most ricochet prone way you can with explosives sitting on the table directly in front of you, that you're you're essentially shooting over.
Speaker 2: What part of this.
Speaker 1: I don't know who your your range safety officer is, but I don't think. I don't think they're alive or there or or something like this. Everything in this setup, minus the other part where they have glass bottles on the thing there and the and the distance I'm fine with, but not this combination of things that's terrifying. The explosives part is a nice touch too, like you're lucky, You're lucky somebody might was not killed or at least severely injured. You don't want to be next to Tanner right when it goes. You want to watch it from a distance because it's so frigging cool. But oh man, what an absolute lunatic. All right, Joe am, thanks for hanging on. Had to get that in What's Up this morning?
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, I got pregnant and had my seventh child while I was on halt.
Speaker 2: This would be the one, right, this will be the one that lives up all your dreams. And exactly.
Speaker 9: On the Atlantic article, I saw that I'm x lastly, and and I saw the sister respond. But my first thought was, Okay, if he did this horrible thing to this precious family who loved her so much, why aren't they quoted? Why aren't they parted the article? You know? Why isn't there a statement from the family.
Speaker 1: I mean, they do quote the sister pushback, but they they didn't.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but no, I'm saying about how horrible Trump was, how he lied to them.
Speaker 2: Mom out there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, why isn't somebody saying this man, you know? And and then and then the sister says, and by the way, I voted for him today.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: The other thing is is it seems like I read during the situation that my feeling was that he didn't have to pay for the funeral. Probably was told we don't need it, sir, because I received so many outpoint, you know, public donations and outpoint and public donations.
Speaker 1: And that, Joe Anne, I'm glad, actually glad that you called and made that point. Then I'll let you finish because if you listen to the Trump audio and I just want to play just a little snippet of it again, he says, he says a word in here that I think actually is in line with your point.
Speaker 3: Here we go, when would you like to have the funeral? When like as soon as possible?
Speaker 4: What the peerial will make sure we make sure that happens.
Speaker 3: Thank you? Yea, Where will you have the funeral? Do you know? And if I can help you out with the funeral, I'll help you out. I'll help you out financially. Think military good, Jojo military, that's good. If you need help, I'll.
Speaker 1: Help you out, Okay, okay, all right, So he says it. He says in three different ways. He says, can help if I can help, and then a family member literally says the military is going to be handling it. And then he still says, well, if I need to help, I can. So in his mind, I agree with you. I think he's looking at it. He may he made the gesture, but then he is also being told that this thing is going to happen. That is normal right where you have it, and it actually a military you had egg on their face over this so much that they punish base commanders that they were they were going to handle that process. So yeah, no, I would tend to agree with you, and I think that is a big problem with this.
Speaker 2: What is the last thing you want to add, Joanne, I cut you off there.
Speaker 9: Well, we had a lot going in our favorite this time that we didn't in twenty twenty in twenty sixteen, because we have Elon Musk and so I have noticed that what happens now. It used to be, you know that would the last would put some ridiculous thing out there about Trump, and you would go and bring the comments and it would be oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 2: He's yeah, the whole organizing of the cast.
Speaker 9: Yeah, what a monster. Now they put this stuff out and you can go look and it is whether it's a leftist or someone from the right that puts it out, you can go look. And people aren't believing this anymore. People are saying no, no, no, no, that you know, I know that's not true. You're just you know, you're just making your stuff up.
Speaker 2: This is and here's the thing.
Speaker 1: We we have decided that an all journalistic endeavor is having to do with Trump that regardless of what it is, we start from a place where it's true no matter what, and then it's up to him to prove.
Speaker 6: In the right.
Speaker 1: And so those types of story should pause. The biggest red flags this is this is why we were talking about the McDonald's thing, yessay, that is incredibly verifiable. If you want to right, there's gotta be reporters to be able to verify. Can you say that Trump while he was walking from his limousine to the the event there in France, uh, in a conversation that supposedly lasted like a minute and a half while they were walking, that Trump said suckers and losers, even though everybody says he didn't. No, you can never prove that unless there's fixed camera. Yeah, So when you see a story like that, and thank you very much for the poll, Joe, and those are the ones that you should don't ignore them, engage in them by you know, critically thinking about them. Oh well, once again, we have we don't have any you know, sources on record and you guys have a history of claiming that you were going to unveil sources on another contentious story and then you just didn't. And uh, now I have a family member saying that not only is it not true, but she went and voted for the guy. I'm sorry if if, if Donald Trump just stiffed your family to the tune of sixty k And I understand there's donations all that, but you know, that's what the story is predicated on. His anger over the cost of the funeral. I don't even know that it costs that. Did they verify that that was the cost of the funeral? That sounds like a very high cost unless, and this is important, unless it's a very high profile funeral. Right, So if you want to get into what stuff actually costs, and if it's a high profile funeral, then sixty thousand sounds normal because it's not just the coffin, it's not just the space. It's when you have dignitaries coming like attended this woman's funeral, when you have a public face of the of this woman because of the tragedy that happened, because she was murdered, stuffed into a riverbed near Fort Hood and people emotionally connect to it. Then they show up to these services too, and before you know it, now you have crowd control stuff and so like, I get that, but I had there's nothing that supports any of that. And the only person on record who was quote unquote there whose name we know is this is the daughter there is the sister of the woman who was killed, but the daughter of these parents. So do you think as invested as she is? If her parents who I don't know where they are socioeconomically, but I got the impression that they needed the help from the GoFundMe and reading the you know what was going on there? If if you if he made a promise and he's worth a billion plus dollars and he caused you to spend this much money and now your family's financial future is completely toast. Do you think she's coming out and saying she just voted for the guy while her parents are figuring out if they got a file for bankruptcy.
Speaker 2: The whole thing's crazy. Eight team. We'll be back, all right.
Speaker 1: So to tell the story, you need to know who Julia Manfrini is, which I had. I didn't know who she was, but I did look this I did look it up, and she is. She's she's a fairly famous surfer. Woman's surfer, and she's been around. She's been surfing for a while, starting when she was a teenager competing professionally.
Speaker 2: Was thirty six as.
Speaker 1: Of the other day, and she died at a at she was at where they were going to be doing a surf competition. But I think she was surfing before. This was in Sumatra, Indonesia, which has these huge waves they hold this event at. So she's she's out there getting some practice in catching some waves, and according to reports, as she was catching a wave, you know, at at this surf spot, onlooker say, a giant swordfish jumped out of the water and.
Speaker 2: Impaled her through the chest, killing her.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 1: Now, granted, obviously she spends a lot more time in the ocean than probably most of us I'll ever do.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, the odds of that happening are like so small, but she probably serves like a lot right, So yeah, she's the one who bought the most lottery tickets kind of thing, right, But that's like final destination type stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 1: She's just she's out there doing this thing she's done, and I probably not exaggerate a million times before. Nothing like the last thing on this woman's mind had to be I wonder if a giant sword's going to jump out and and impale me while I'm trying to, I don't know, do this trick.
Speaker 2: And that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, according to reports, the sword fit, how deep did it go? The swordfish only went about two inches in. However, they happened to be right there, you know, up on the chest and on the on the left side of her chest, and there you go.
Speaker 2: So it was enough to go ahead and actually go I.
Speaker 1: Guess, in between two of the ribs and then strike into her heart cavity. Just let's see here. Medical reports indicate that her nose was foaming. She'd suffer deprivation from drowning because obviously now she's now she's bleeding out and she's having trouble breathing. So I guess maybe it punctured a lung, and so it was a combination of all of those things.
Speaker 6: I'm never telling Lincoln there. I'm going to shield him from this story because if he were ever to see this or even glimpse it or read about it. He would never step a tone in the ocean again. Yeah, like again, like, you know, he's twelve, he's gonna be thirteen. And this pat went in the beginning of the month. We went to Northopsoil. Right, this was the first time and we've been there a lot, pretty much every summer, right, yeah, yeah, you go to your condo whatever. This is the first time where he actually he stepped in the water and would stand there and let the waves come forward and back. It was like a big thing for him because his autism, he's like, you know, really the ocean is very intimidating, right, And his big thing he says all the time is you know, we said, you do you want to go in a little bit further, buddy, you know, because every time he's got a little bit closer. So it was a big event for him to actually like have the water touch him. And his reaction was, no, sharks live there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well swordfish lived there too, So yeah, I would understand why you don't want to fill his brain if he's already nervous with with that. But I don't know if it's quite as shocking as like Steve Irwin. Like Steve irwin story with the ray was shocking just because of who he was, But then it really wasn't when you understand that he he literally is surrounded by these rays, all of which have their barbs intact, and like even when just getting scardy. Have you ever you ever surprised your cat and it freaked out, like you do that to a ray? That's what they think. Irwin basically did, not that it was trying to, you know, attack him per se. But but in this case, like I now, I will say this ross you ever been hit You ever been hit by a fish?
Speaker 3: Flying?
Speaker 2: Flying fish?
Speaker 6: I have, n I have none.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they the Mississippi River they have a problem, especially as you get lower with the Asian carp and uh so you've probably seen these guys, and so of course rednecks innovates. So when you're driving, when you're on these rivers, they have these carp and unlike the Mississippi, like the Saint Croix and others up there, if you're driving the boat at any moment, like fish can just leap out of the water. Uh these these carp and as a result, a lot of times they go behind the boat. So people will like trap hunt in the back of the boat with bow and arrow shooting these things or a shotgun if you can get away with it, I guess when it come out of the water. But the problem is if you get enough of them in there, they jump, and they'll jump literally up in front of your boat, and you can get smoked by these things. In fact, I think somebody got killed by one of them in like Indiana or something. And so we're going, We're going down this channel and I know that there's cart there. I've seen them before, but it's never really been that much of an issue. And I'm standing up. I've got the boat running, but I'm standing up and I'm turning and talking to somebody, and all of a sudden, I hear the people I'm talking to go, oh my gosh, and I look over and this thing just hits me in the shoulder and then flops into the bottom of the boat. It was one of those Asian carts. Thank god, it wasn't a swordfish man, and that thing hurt just at speed. Let's see here, where's she? I think she's originally from Italy. Yeah, yeah, it his final destination. But also, if somebody's gonna have the best odds.
Speaker 2: That's probably where you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Be finding them. Professional surfer there all right eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four Let me, I'm just looking about the clock here. See if I can get both of these, yeah, you'd probably be okay. Here, well, little time Management gets some audio for you. All right, let's go ahead and get into this. Do you think maybe, if let's say that, you don't believe that it's more than a coincidence that Kamala is taking a couple of days away at the same moment, the Trump Atlantic October surprises out there right with their same almost exact same style of reporting to the suckers and losers thing, except now he's saying effing Mexicans and of course talking about how he wants Hitler style generals anonymously sourced. And that's where we are. If you're but if you know you're going to be taking a day off, and you're doing so, or a couple of days off, you're doing so clearly because the campaign doesn't trust you to not screw it up, not take what they think is going to be an l for Trump and flipping around for a w why do you why on God's green earth would you act like this after people accused you of essentially flipping your trigger on the bear thing at at any rally you're doing, or any public event for that matter.
Speaker 5: If he is elected, all.
Speaker 2: Right, since you're not happy, Bobus, you have a chance of Trump. People Trump, but Trump.
Speaker 5: Chant I'm here because we believe in democracy, everyone's voice matters.
Speaker 2: But I am speaking now.
Speaker 3: I am speaking now.
Speaker 5: You know what, if you want Donald Trump to win, then say that.
Speaker 2: Otherwise I'm speaking.
Speaker 1: All right, I don't even know really what all do you know what exactly they were chanting?
Speaker 6: They were you can't really hear in the audio there for some reason, but yeah, they're chanting Trump. They're going trump Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounded like there was another word there. That's what I was having trouble with. But the point, the point is, like that's the thing that I'm sure has happened before. You know, It's just it's a political reality where people get in and they'll yell things.
Speaker 2: You know, you had the guy who yelled the other day what is it.
Speaker 1: Jesus's Lord or something, and she said you're at the wrong rally, right, And that made that made some big news there, like how do you not know how to handle that better?
Speaker 2: And and she doesn't.
Speaker 1: She knows one trick, and the trick is I'm speaking now or I'm speaking. That doesn't that might work in a in a debate setting because you've got a moderator who might be triggered to agree with you. R that's not going to work on people who came to your rally to chant for your opponent, like I'm speaking, and they they don't care. They understand that you're speaking now, it's why they're speaking. But it's it's such a tired line as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It like worked once, It worked once, kind of she's trying.
Speaker 6: It's turning into like a sitcom catchphrase catchphrase? Yeah, yeah, did I do that? You know this? This is her you know you know I'm speaking. Yeah, We've heard that like a thousand times, dude, and you get I'm just.
Speaker 1: Thinking that did I do that would be a better catchphrase, probably because then it wouldn't show complacency and everything that's happened over the last four years.
Speaker 6: Did I do that? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, you'd be like, oh my gosh, I didn't know.
Speaker 6: I'll do better, I dink you have these idiots in the crowd who acting like it's the first time they've heard it, like, oh, did shere what she said?
Speaker 2: Stood up to them like yeah, oh so good, so good.
Speaker 1: But to be fair, is you know how excited did everyone get every time Trump called a reporter fake news? I love that, or a really fake news. The one guy got an upgrade, got a promotion. So I don't know, but I think that one's funnier. But that's just me, all right, A forty five raced agic got no time for humor or laughs or no Explain to me how the how the the Chiefs have cap room to go out and get d hop I how does that know? The Vikings can't even sign for quarterbacks back right, because we have to go and get a guy who works for a milli years so because they have such cap.
Speaker 8: Issues, and for a fifth that that was kind of cheap. I thought for a fifth round or maybe a forehead.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 8: Maybe the same reasons why.
Speaker 2: Jerry Jones, Yeah, I'm sorry, go ahead. I thought it was.
Speaker 8: Maybe the same reason why Jerry Jones didn't think that Henry fit with the cow I'm like, what, I think he made a stand like he didn't think that he.
Speaker 2: Think Derrek carry fit in And I'm like, Noah, sure, not well, the.
Speaker 1: Dude who looks like he's running down a hill from a moment he takes off, I don't know.
Speaker 2: About all that.
Speaker 8: So I don't know, fire your coach. Yeah, come on, man, not yet. I think we're waiting. I think Aikman's kind of lurking out there with all the comments he's had lately. I don't know. But why would he want to step into that?
Speaker 1: Because he's Troy Aikman man, and it feels good to be the king of Texas.
Speaker 2: Which he was at one point.
Speaker 8: So yeah, but he's got a kind of a cushy job now though, I mean, why would he want to stress himself out over over that?
Speaker 2: Competitive man? All right, we'll cheat tomorrow real quick.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Really, not much changing. I mean, the entire month's been extremely dry. It's going to continue for the rest of the month. Temperatures mid upper seventies. I might hit eighty and the triangle today tonight in the fifties, mid seventies for Thursday and Friday, and then the weekend might get a little bit warmer Saturday, closer to eighty, and then Sunday we cool off into the sixties, probably mid sixties, but at sunshine all round, at clear nights, the loads will be averaging in the mid upper forties. In the next week, we stay in the mid sixties, which is actually a little below normal, at least for Monday, then warming back up. We'll probably go right through Halloween the end of month with no rain, and maybe even beyond that. Casey, I really don't see much as his ridge is hanging on and not going anywhere over the next seven, maybe ten days and potentially longer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we like it all right, Thank you, I appreciate it. We'll come back with Jeff Bellincer next.
Speaker 2: Hang on.
Speaker 10: Well, good morning, Casey. Looks like a lower starter head for the midweek session. On Wall Street, the futures have been down all morning. The Dow futures are down two hundred and fifty three points at the moment. Shares of McDonald's, Coca Cola, and Boeing. All Dow components are all lower. Ahead of the session. McDonald's quarter power have been linked to an E Coli outbreak. Coca Cola reported a bigger that expected quarterly profit, but investors focused on a decline in total case volume, and Boeing reported a quarterly loss of more than six million dollars. And Starbucks shares are under pressure after releasing After the company released a preliminary look and its latest quarterly performance, the news was not good. The coffee company reported the steepest sales drop in four years. American Airlines agreed to a civil penalty to settle claims that it violated rules protecting passengers with disabilities. The carrier will pay fifty million dollars. The Transportation Department charge that American damaged or delayed the return of thousands of passengers wheelchairs. The agency also had issues with the aid provided to some passengers. American admits no wrongdoing. Denny's announced plans to close one hundred and fifty of its restaurants after it posted disappointing third quarter results. Denny's did not release a list of the outlets at intense p close and the case inflation is cooling, but a lot of people say they're not feeling much relief right now. Bloomberg says a big reason is that prices are still higher than they were before the pandemic. It's also because of hidden inflation that doesn't figure into government calculations. Things like payments to babysitters, tips to wait staff, even speeding tickets all costs more, and those costs are weighing on consumers.
Speaker 1: Casey, alrighty, and yeah, we're all financially screwed.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the good news. I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Man, take youre wish the news was better?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's finebody to find a tense city to live in.
Speaker 2: Ross I thought, I just I came.
Speaker 1: I assume the Atlantic thing was going to be the most damning October surprise.
Speaker 2: But as you predicted, did you see that? Another one just dropped?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Didn't we have another scandal? Are you sitting down this time?
Speaker 6: I am prone?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Ivanka Trump took her to the Taylor Swift Miami show. Well they actually let her in, well, Avonka Trump, Yes they did. She had tickets to go see at the Miami eras.
Speaker 6: To her show, Very dangerous man.
Speaker 1: And she took her daughter, who is I don't know how the girl is eleven, twelve, thirteen, Maybe I don't know, but you know, core core Taylor Swift fandom. But Ivanka Trump took Trump's granddaughter to the Aras concert. If you remember, Trump had some thoughts on Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: That's the scandal, by the way. That's that's that's all of it.
Speaker 1: That a grown adult took their child to a concert that the child clearly wanted to go to, and another relative of.
Speaker 2: The family isn't a fan of the singer.
Speaker 1: That's what That's what you're reporting, You absolute lunatics, right. I remember, I remember when I went to see Pearl Jam Pearl Jam, because remember they came to they came to Casper, Wyoming when they were doing their Ticketmaster fight thing. I told my mama is going to see Pearl Jam. Do you know what her working knowledge of Pearl Jam was?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Really? She didn't like it.
Speaker 1: And I still went to the show and it didn't destroy our relationship because that's the thing you can do.
Speaker 2: So I'm I'm glad. I bet they had really nice seats.