Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: If if you have k RC the talk station, Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 3: I'm the dude, man, and I'm Brian Thomas. I am not the dude, and Happy Tuesday. Thanks to Dan Carol for covering from me. Yesterday I went out to UH Camp Attleburn to shoot fifty cows with Navy Seals. Man, I'm telling you, it is sometimes really good to be me. The friends that I have made as a consequence of being here on the fifty five Jersey Morning Show, including retired Colonel Bob Kattyre, who is I gut. He's the sniper training guy for the fifty cows, teaching the Navy seals, you know, how to operate and shoot the fifty cows. I guess they don't typically use them, so just you know, broadening their general area of expertise in terms of firearms. But it's the second time I was able to go out there, and yesterday he invited my son, who was really the I really only squeezed off about ten rounds yesterday. My son did the lion's share of that. He had a phenomenal time, got to meet some wonderful people, and my wife has got a fan club.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Yes, the United States Navy Seal Teams six and ten are huge fans of my wife, as there's literally everybody there. She made a couple several dozen schnicker Doodle cookies for the seals and the shootings the folks there and everybody loved them. And one of my police officer friends who was there is also on the fifty caliber training team, Yo Yo police officer told me to tell my wife, you can let her know that a hop set her cookies are better than doughnuts. So it was kind of cool, and all the seals are like, oh, these are great, these are great. It's like, I know, I married out of my element. My wife is an amazing, amazing baker. So thanks to Paullette, and again thanks to everybody who was involved with facilitating my being there and having just such a wonderful day spending time with those guys and my son.
Speaker 1: So enough of that.
Speaker 3: Coming up at the fifty five Kossey Morning Show. You know, the Orlando Sons is not going away. I have high hopes, in spite of the fact that he lost his race, that he has a future in politics or something great because he's a brilliant guy, great family man and outspoken on immigration. He wrote a Washington Post op ed piece, Orlando's going to join the program at seven o five to talk about it. And as he just starts out in his op ed piece for the Wapole, illegal immigration poses one of the most pressing challenges to the United States, undermining national securities or any public resources, limiting opportunities for citizens, for lawful immigrants. Opponents of illegal immigration office mischaracterized as anti immigrant, ignoring Donald Trump's strong support for legal immigration, which he views as the cornerstone for the American strength. And here's the point. As someone who came to this country through legal immigration, I know firsthand the contributions immigrants make when they follow the rules and enforcing immigration laws insures fairness for those who respect the system, protects taxpayers, and preserves opportunities for lawful immigrants. And that's just the outset of it. Or that is going to dive on a little bit deeper in that, And I appreciate him writing that it is important that we hear from the legal immigration community. And isn't it something that was revealed during the most recent election. We had a lot of folks who the Democrats, I believe, thought were going to just immediately vote Democrat. Within the immigration community generally, I mean, how many times did you read articles over that, you know, the election and run up where you had you know, reporters going out and talking to immigrants and asking them what their perception of the open border was, and you heard a lot of them say it's crazy. Shut it down, this isn't good. Look at the Democrat cities. Mayor Eric Adams in New York City is considering return turning Republican and he is now working to bypass this city council on their sanctuary city law. Eric Adams, Yeah, people write almost riot, not rioting, but certainly letting their voices be known in very Democrat cities about the problem the illegal immigration system is caused. This just unchecked flow of humanity over the border. Biden administration could have done something about it, like the Trump administration did before it.
Speaker 1: It didn't. It encouraged it.
Speaker 3: It projected to the rest of the world that it was wide open, and so the rest of the world got the message and literally the four corners of the globe ended up in the United States of America. Not good for Biden, of course, translating to not good for Harris. She lost, including lost the popular boade by about three million people. So it's an excellent point on the Republican side of the Ledger. We enjoy legal immigration. I'm a proponent of legal immigration. It's the illegal immigration that's the problem. And while the world is a crazy place, isn't it? Oh wait a minute, the rest of the morning show, smither Van, Yes, Christopher Smithman's going to join the program today since I wasn't here yesterday, and thanks to Dan Carol A little upset that I didn't get to interview Congressman Brad Weinster. But Congressman Winster bon the program yesterday, and I'm sure that was an excellent interview. I was busy. Breitbart. It is Tuesday, so we get the insights scoop of Breitbart. Joe Pollock returns to the program. I'm talking about the fall of the shar Ali Sade in Syria. What in a wild, wild situation that has unleashed in Syria? Big question mark now, is it a great thing or is it a bad thing? I think most people are viewing it as a very positive development, showing the weakness of Iran and the weakness of Russia, both proper uppers of the Basharlesad evil regime. That guy killed just hundreds of thousands of people and an interesting start to that civil war which has been going on for thirteen years, ultimately resulting in him being exiled. I guess they all reports say he's been granted asylum in Russia.
Speaker 1: But who's going to fill the void?
Speaker 3: The insurgents, a lot of which are dangerous, you know, Islamic fundamentalist rebels. So if they end up taking it over, I don't know that that's going to be a positive thing, but we'll see. It's certainly the weakness of Iran in Russia could help facilitate maybe a little bit more common Israel since Iran's you know, lost one of its vehicles to fund rebels in fighting against Israel. But also Russia and its involvement need eve involved in the Ukraine. A lot of resources, of course, Russia's expended there, including fog of war. You picked the number of Russians that have been killed in the war in Ukraine. I can't put my thumb on it. It's just impossible to tell. But pulling out of Syria gives them a little bit more attention, allowing them to attention put more attention to focus on Ukraine, but also again revealing Russia's weakness. It may serve as a mechanism to negotiate a peace deal and end that ridiculous conflict. So we'll talk about that with Joel Paul Locke, at least in so far as the Basharlesad regime falling and how it might impact something. And of course it being Tuesday, you know Daniel Davis Deep Dive is going to be focusing on that Syria. I'm going to ask him what the post a Sad regime is going to look like. Do we have any idea Israel ceasefire with Hisbawa sort of kind of? And did Trump negotiate a Russia Ukraine ceasefire? I think as of right now the answer is no. But we're gonna see what Daniel Davis says to say about that at eight thirty.
Speaker 1: So there's your line up today.
Speaker 3: You know I enjoy hearing from you, so feel free to call five one three seven fifty eight hundred eight two three talk pound five to fifty on AT and T phones. And I think a justice has finally served in so far as Daniel Penny is concerned, a jury found him not guilty of the lesser charge in connection with the death of thirty year old Jordanneely. Jordan Neely a disturbed, disturbed man, and he literally scaring the hell out of folks Broaden on the subway that day, and of course attracted national attention. The George Floyd folks caught. This was very analogous, different though, because of course Daniel Penny Marine turned good samaritan, helping people on the train, including women and children, stepping up to the challenge in spite of his own concerns and protecting them from the outrageously dangerous. Excuse me, Jordan Neely mentally disturbed, very threatening criminal. He has a long record. He was on some kind of drug, artificial synthetic drug described as a stimulant, and he made threats. So you know, someone is going to die today, he said, And it's noted. Daniel Penny could have looked away, but he didn't. He came to the aid of his fellow passengers. They were scared witless. I'd use the FCC non compliant word. You know what I'm talking about. When Neely got on the plane and started ranting about someone's going to die today, you think about New York City. Historically people turned their heads away from crime, they do not report it. I'm not getting involved, and is that what we want in the world? Those are rather interesting observation. You can read the op ed piece yourself from William mcgern. But he pointed out, you know, this is the kind of thing that we hope that there are more Daniel Pennies in the world. He said, fathers hope there will be a Daniel Penny on the train every time their daughters ride the subway. Folks that are willing to step up to the challenge dealing with a clearly mentally disturbed and very threatening criminal. And yet he was charged for defending those folks. It's just a simply outrageous thing. But that's Alvin Bragg. What do you expect and what lesson is to be learned on this? Daniel Penny had to go through a full year plus worth of defending himself when all he was doing was stepping up to the challenge and trying to put a stop to this dangerous guy harming other people on the subway train. And if you look at the history, and you probably know what anybody pays any attention to, what goes on in New York City. People get shot into trains. I mean, there are all kinds of crimes on trains, all kinds stabbings and robbings and shootings, and it's just people already walk into It is an unsafe place to be. And if you take out of the equation the idea that a good Samaritan might come to your aid in a city that, well, it makes it virtually impossible to own a firearm. You've just made that place a much more dangerous place. And you've given people more reason to feel insecure when writing on public transportation. And then lo and behold. You know, after the acquittal, Black Lives Matter has called for black people to kill white people. I found this appalling. Some guy named Hawk Newsom, who described as the founder of BLM of Greater New York, explicitly called upon Black Americans to respond to this not guilty version by killing white people. Quote, we need some black vigilantes. People want to jump up and choke us and kill us for being loud. How about we do the same. Is that what he was doing being loud? He was screaming death threats, and the witness testimony said that they were very scared more so than the normal train ride. Okay, you basically get on a New York subway frightened anyway, and then neely jumps on the train and starts talking about someone's gonna die today, acting all freaked out. He was high on something called K two. He had a history of psychosis, described as being on one of the I think that one of the New York City's top fifty people. He was here it is he was on the city's top fifty list of homeless and desperate need of help. Even Eric Adams know that, said the city failed him. New York Mayor Eric Adams again spoke for the law abiding residents of the city, complaining that nearly clearly mentally disturbed and very threatening criminal being presented in the press as a young innocent child, a Michael Jackson imitator who was murdered for no reason. Eric Adams said, no, that is not the case. So I was pleased with that outcome, and I hope you are as well. What we need to do is foster and encourage the idea of us stepping up to the challenge when evil and violence threatened our fellow citizens. And so salute to Daniel Penny for sucking it up, dealing with it, doing the right thing at the time, being a marine, and maybe even saving a life. Five nineteen ker CD Talks Days Stick Around, I will be right back Channel nine first one and well forecast. Today we have well spotty showers overcast with steady temperatures high a fifty overcast. Tonight temperatures will drop fast to say some light snow is even possible. We're going down to thirty Tomorrow's I have thirty four with spotty snow possible and cloudy skies also windy clear every night down to eighteen tease partly cloudy on Thursday, and I have thirty one. It's say forty seven degrees right now. I have fifty five ker CD coss station five twenty two on a Tuesday from three to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk found five fifty on AT and T phone. Meanwhile, Black Lives Matter calling for a killing of white people because Daniel Penny's acquittaled. Don't make any sense out of that. It's impossible too. And then here's an equally insane reality going on.
Speaker 1: Social media excuse me.
Speaker 3: Social media makes it so easy for people to just sort of make outrageous and stupid, stupid statements, and so we got Luigi MANGIONI no relation to Chuck from what I've heard. He's the of course, arrested person in the killing. The United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson arrested in Altoona, Pennsylvania, yesterday after McDonald's customer and employee spotted him said gee, it looks like that guy's picture who's floating all over the world. So police showed up, they say they started talking to him. Officers approached, they recognized them wearing a medical mask. He allegedly handed over a fake I geek id gave a phony name, and when police ask him if he'd recently been to New York City, became, in their words, quiet and started to shake, so I guess they patted him down. They found a ghost gun, which similar looked similar to the one in the photograph ghost gun created at home. It's kind of funny. There's a buyback program. I think it was in New York City, and I guess they offered two hundred and fifty bucks or something for every gun you turned in, so some guy got his three D printer out and printed hundreds I guess. So there's glock switches which turned the clockhan gun into a fully automatic, and those qualified for the buybacks we ended up like pocketing twenty one thousand dollars, forcing.
Speaker 1: Them to change the policy.
Speaker 3: So any ghost guns turned in the max available for the buyback programs twenty five bucks. Sorry, just a little side note on that, But people took the social media and started putting negative reviews on McDonald's restaurants in Altoona, Pennsylvania because the employee called the police.
Speaker 1: On this guy.
Speaker 3: They're trying to make a hero out of this miserable piece of excrement. One post the working class has betrayed humanity, very large rat behind the count or not very nutritional food. I've heard employees get free food for working a shift. Hope they have health insurance to cover the future heart attacks. So you know, this guy, I guess had a beef with the healthcare system. Generally speaking, it's really not quite clear where his beef was what specifically. The details slow to come out on that, But this is the kind of crap you read on social media, and we all know what opinions are like yes, and even idiots with stupid opinions drawing stupid conclusions, suggesting murdering people because you got a problem with the system. Murdering people is a okay, and that this guy, this, this Mangioni guy is somehow a hero for shooting a human being in the back. Now you can say we want all day long about the healthcare system, but I'm sorry, I can't abide that. You know, there but for the grace of God, go you or I. Someone could have a beef with what you or your company does. There's always some with a chip on their shoulder, and we want to foster and encourage murder. No, I don't think so. They jerks come out of the woodwork, don't they. Five twenty six If you have cash to the detalk station. Zimmer taking care of your HVAC needs for years and years, more than seventy five years. Family owner operating Chris Zimmer is there to take your call. And if you have a problem twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. You know theo's emergency situations. Zimmer is the are the folks to call. Like I said, third generation making sure his homes are safe, efficient and comfortable. Get on one of their maintenance programs, they've got those, and make sure your system runs longer and is always ready to hit the ground running whenever the season kicks in. And they represent us a carrier of course, and right now twenty two hundred dollars savings on a new carrier comfort system from Zimmer Heating and Cooling. So wonderful opportunity to get your system swapped out. It's gone belly up, you can't do anything about it. Why not save a heap load of money and get a wonderful system. So they're there, are waiting for your call for just any regular repair maintenance work or to get on the program or to take advantage to get the whole system swapped out. Chris Simmer can be reached at five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. Give them my regards, would you please five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. Easily more information online found and an easy scheduled appointment at the website go Zimmer dot com fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 1: Red fans, there.
Speaker 3: Here is your nine first warning weather forecast. Got spotty showers today, overcast hi a fifty overnight overcast temperatures will be dropping, they say quickly, some light snow as possible, get down to thirty degrees, high a thirty four tomorrow, fouty, windy, spotty snow possible, clear overnight down to eighteen and a partly cloudy Thursday with a high a thirty one forty seven. Right now for the five cam RACD talk station, that is five thirty one, and a.
Speaker 1: Happy Tuesday to you.
Speaker 3: If I've cares dot comedy, can't listen live, get the podcasts, and really looking forward to having Orlando Sonza back on the phone at seven oh five, and of course always enjoyed talking with the Christopher Smith and so that'll be on the seven o'clock hour. We have time to talk, feel free to call five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight far flammable wood pallets, rubber plastic stored under Cincinnati Bridge headline from WCPO. The ITEAM was looking into a lot of the other bridges since the Dan Beard Bridge obviously has some serious structural problems after the fire broke out underneath it. They're busily working to repair the bridge, taking a little bit longer than normal, and officials from the city of Cincinnati pointed out that homeless yes took up residence underneath the bridge. Some are suggesting the silence is deafening from the re how the fire started. I heard from a little bird that ahead of blink. Now again, don't take this as gospel. This has heard from one of my connected little bird friends. But behind the scenes, it was suggested the mayor aft had purvault moved the homeless people out of the city and told them or relocate them underneath the Brents Benz Bridge. Obviously they had some shelter there. I suppose the rubber playground surface provided a little bit softer place to sleep on, and they start a fire to keep warm, and that stuff goes up like gasoline. Anyway, whether or not that's true, obviously there's a problem when you store flammable material underneath the bridges. We had learned a hard lesson, so cpo's I team went around and started looking at a lot of bridges and found out that this is a pervasive problem. It's happening all over summer storage hotspots. I DOT has already been focusing on for years, and yet when the IT team went there. They said, well, there's still a bunch of stuff piled up underneath them. So they did some public records requests, found some communications back and forth or trying to learn as much as they can about the Big macfire. Everyone's still looking into that. One Federal Highway Administration urged state bridge inspectors to watch out for flammable material being stored underneath bridges. This after a fire on the Santa Monica Freeway a year ago. There's these things happening all over the place again. Lessons can be learned from tragedy. And thanks to the I team and WCPO for at least following up on this and metaphorically lighting a fire underneath our officials to get something done and get them cleaned up. They did have some success on that. Parenthetically, what else is going on all you'd be happy to know. Since I City Manager Cheryl Long got an eight and a half percent raise this year, not making quite as much as Joe Strecker, her salary is now three hundred and nineteen thousand dollars a year. Jeez, Louise, that'd be a cost of living increase in a five percent raise approved by the city. City of Cincinnati Council.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 3: Sharon Coole at CINCINNAI inquiry reporting a review of who makes the most money in the city based on city pay or record shows Yes, of course it's City Manager Cheryl Long. Under the city's carter charter. She runs day to day operations. They should point out from trash pick up, the police into keeping the city streets paved. Joe, do you think it's interesting that they pointed out that she is responsible from seeing that the city streets are paved?
Speaker 1: Didn't you?
Speaker 3: Aren't you aware of the backlog of roads that need to be repaired in the city of Cincinnati. I know you and I have read about that over the years. Yeah, a lot of things. Just yeah, I suppose that's just wanted a long list, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Last year apparently made two hundred ninety five three hundred and forty one dollars. Hired in twenty twenty two at a salary of two hundred and eighty six thousand, seven hundred and thirty nine dollars that was identified by Sharon Coolidge as more than any prior city manager. So over the past two years she has gotten eleven percent increase.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Joj was your tongue in your cheek when you said worth every penny? You didn't sound you didn't sound very sincere when you said that five thirty five fifty five ks the talk station five one three seven four nine to fifty five hundred eight hundred eight to two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phone stack is stupid. Coming up next, and of course the first word for QC kinetics get rid of the joint pain once and for all. QC kinetics uses these regenerative treatments and they place your body's natural healing properties concentrated into the area where you got the pain, you know, hip pain, knee pain, back pain, and it provides tens of thousand people with lasting relief. They've been doing this for a long time. It's called regenerative medicine. So perhaps this year coming up can be the year where you can get out of bed without pain, hit the ground without going oh, I know what that feels like. Anyway, They use the healing properties your own body to attack the root cause of your pain. That revitalizes your joints so you can move again. The future of medicine is what it's called. So if you've been told surgery is your only option or your best option. Maybe not. How about a second opinion. It's free. All you need to do is call them and schedule an appointment. If you're not eligible for these regenative treatments, they'll let you know. But if you are, man it could work yourself right around going under the knife. So how about living your best life in twenty twenty five? The better you is possible, So get started now again a free consultation with the experts at QC Kinetics five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's QC Kinetics at five one seven or five one three eight four seven zero zero one night.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: It's the Marketers Report.
Speaker 3: General nine says Today will be spotty showers, steady temperatures with the high fifty. Cloudy, overcast, with dry falling temperatures overnight. Some slight snow is possible. We'll see a low of thirty with a high thirty four Tomorrow. Spotty snow is possible. It'll be windy and cloudy, clear every night Wednesday, but a low of eighteen and on Thursday, a high thirty one with partly cloudy skies forty seven degrees.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's time for first traffic.
Speaker 5: From the UCL Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the UC Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is the clear choice for rapid life saving treatment.
Speaker 1: Learn more at uce health dot com.
Speaker 5: I wane traffic is in decent shape early on this Tuesday morning, no accidents to deal with. I'm not seeing any delays as of yet. North bound four seventy one. You're under five minutes to seventy five into town. Inbound seventy four wide open at North Bend chun King Bramant fifty five krs deep talk station.
Speaker 3: Shy A five forty one fifty five KRCD talk station in a very happy Tuesday to you. Stack is stupid. This is such a Florida story. Over the years, we find that Florida is a crazy, crazy place. It's got great a lot of great qualities, but a lot of strange people shown up in Florida and including teachers. Yeah, we have a Florida teacher facing accusations after police discovered him naked and surrounded by what are described as disturbing items in an elementary school classroom over Thanksgiving break. Joe your Ayas, thirty four years old, who taught operative word past tense at Somerset College Preparatory Academy until his arrest, spotted at Windmill Point Elementary School in Saint Luci Saint Lucie County. Deputy Eric Holbert, one of multiple deputies in the county who lives lives on school grounds, speaking with local news CBS twelve, the more it unfolded, the weirder it got. He happened upon the scene Thursday night, allegedly seeing a nude your Eyas surrounded by an assortment of sex toys, women's underwear, and marijuana. Hulbert said, there's a large pillow that kids sleep on. There was some sort of stain on that he was naked when I saw him close quote thank you, Joe Strecker appropriately timed sound effect. When your eyes noticed the deputy's presidents, he attempted to grab his clothes and make a run for it, allegedly punched the police officer in the face. Officer Hobert said, I identified myself. I held up both my hands and said Deputy Sheriff stop and he said no, bro, and tried to run through me a little bit. He hit me right here in the lip. I hit him in the jaw and I was able to hold him with a jiu jitsu seat belt grip. On further investigation, police said, your eyes is actually homeless. Broke into the school through an unlocked window, knowing that it was closed for the holiday. Port Saint Luci Police Chief Leo Nimezick, so there were no children president. Thankfully there was nobody inside the school at the time. He was by himself, you know, as the vulgarity. I think I just don't even want to get into his mind and think about what he was thinking. He said he was homeless and that he's been doing. What he's been doing is teaching at his school and then hanging out at a Starbucks and then sleeping in the public wherever he can. He knew this week the schools were out, so he's going to break into the school and stay there for the week. The Preparatory Academy promptly terminated his employment. Now facing a slow accusation including loot and lascivious behavior, burglary of an unoccupied structure, marijuana possession, and battery of an officer, according to the arrest Avidat affidavit.
Speaker 6: The aritocratic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think everybody has seen a Christmas Story by now. Remember the leg lamp for glay Well Larry's Plumbing in Marysville had a leg lamp. Of course I replica the one from the movie. But it has been stolen. People making fun of the fact that it was stolen, owners calling themselves the joke of Marysville. But it was a robbery and someone did break the big window in the front of the store to steal the leg lamp. That was the only thing that was stolen, which is interesting considering there are probably a lot of valuables in the store. Owner the store, Eric Klemp, loved the movie. He said when he first brought the property, he knew he wanted to create the holiday windows. And I can remember it as a kid going to the mall with my parents. Every store by Marche J C. Pennies, et cetera, and I wanted one two and being a fan of a Christmas Story, the first thing I said was, we're buying a leg lamp. Replica leg lamp. They say, a heartfelt loss, but the window, that's what really hurt because it's going to cost them three thousand dollars to replace. No word on how much the leg lamp replica cost them five forty five If any five care see detalk station, no idea what it's going to cost you to get your car repaired. Imported car, traditional import manufacturers and teslas. It's going to cost you less at Foreign Exchange than the dealer. That's the point of Foreign Exchanges existence, servicing your car to your satisfaction. You're leading with a full warranty on parts and service and with more money in your pocket after an a SE certified Master technician has performed the service on your car. Been going there for years and years. I know I've saved heap loads of money oil changes alone and going to the four figures in savings. So that's just one illustration of the kind of money you can save by going to Foreign Exchange. Westchester location is the one my wife and I choose, and I strongly recommend it. I know the guys up there, they do great work, treat you like family. So Austin and the crew at Foreign Exchange just go up to seventy five up or down you get to the Tylersville Legs and go east two streets, hang a right on Kinglin and you will run right into it. Check them out online. Learn more at foreign xform the letter x dot com. Please call for an deployment. You'll be very glad they worked on your car again. Asian or European traditional imports and Tesla's they've all been trained on servicing Tesla's the number five one three, six four four twenty six, twenty six. That's six four four twenty six twenty six fifty five KRC the talk station the holidays. Here's your channel nine first one one to forecasts spotty showers today overcast Anahei have fifty. If you overcast Tonight, temperatures drop down to thirty degree use the light. Snow is possible. Cloudy skies tomorrow. Windy spotty snow is also possible. I have thirty four down to eighteen overnight with clear skies, and I high thirty one on Thursday, partly cloudy forty seven degrees Right now.
Speaker 5: Traffic time from the ucup tramp Thing Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the UC Health Comprehensive Stroke Center, it's the clear choice for wrapping by saving treatment. Learn more at you see how dot com highways not bad at all. To start off your Tuesday morning, Sat bound seventy fives under twenty minutes from above Union Center through downtown in Bend seventy four is problem free pants col Rate, Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 3: Five fifty to fifty five kr CD Talk Station, Bryan Thomas happy to be back thanks to Dan Carroll covering for me yesterday and going back to the stack is stupid. Absent phone calls, you can feel free to call five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk Time five fifty on AT and T founds. Make sure you get your heart media when you stop there at a fifty five carocea dot com. Check out the podcast, which will include today at Orlando Sonza at seven oh five, smither Van Christopher Smith and at seven twenty Wrightbart's Joel Pollock on the fall of the shar Ala Sade in Syria. Of course Daniel Davis Deep Dive at eight thirty, also on Syria, but as well as the Israeli the Israeli ceasefire with Hezbawa and some commentary on Trump negotiating a Russia Ukraine ceasefire. Democrats a little wigged out about Donald Trump. Everybody in the world is treating him as the president. Where is Joe Biden? Is he still wandering around the rainforests asking for a friend?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 3: It sounds like a terrible idea, a tabletop fire pit. Apparently it was a terrible idea, because I have a Miami company that made tabletop fire pits, now facing lawsuits from customers, has said they were badly burned. One woman, plaintiff, Kyla Homensky, struggling with tremendous pain and suffering she was burned on more than forty percent of her body, saying it happened just and just very quickly. The Coulson fire pit was being used while she was entertaining friends one night. Flames looked like they went out, so said said her husband, would you please relight it? According to Khloa Lemensky, he went to pour the liquid in, obviously the flammable liquid that makes the fire pit run. But as soon as the liquid was in the pit, a giant fireball blew up like an explosion. It's called flame jetting, which says Kurz, when somebody pours a flammable liquid over and exposed fire, so the flames can shoot out as far as fifteen feet or more, burning people nearby, I guess, including this man's husband. Kyla Lemensky, her attorney, said flame jetting is not something people are familiar with. It's an absolutely horrific situation because it can burn somebody to death in a matter of seconds. Stuart Ratson representing Kalin in a federal lawsuit against Coulson Fire Pits LC, as well as a couple of other companies. The lawsuits say the product produces flames that may not be readily visible, increasing the risk of flame jetting. She said, I just remember hearing screams and saying you're on fire, and I just remember kind of trying to slap off the fire, if you will, and those types of situations you're in so much shocked, you're just kind of working to stay alive. Burned from head to toe, as it's described in the lawsuit, he had to spend weeks in the hospital, a couple of skin grafts, daily bandage changes. She said she had to learn how to rewalk again, relearn how to do most physical and every day to day things that you really don't even think about, so severely injured totally. Nineteen people claim the Coulson firepit caused them comparable burn injuries.
Speaker 7: M do.
Speaker 6: What the hell?
Speaker 3: The website parenthetically for Colson firepit is shut down. Homepage now has a called notice urging customers to stop using the fire pit and throw it in the trash. That's actually the words they wrote. So anyhow, I again just sounds like a bad idea having a firepit on top of the table. Well, clearly it was in that particular case. Let's see here. Smartphones obviously we're all using them. One woman successfully made it past the gauntlet of putting the phone down and not touching it for a total of eight hours, and as a reward for those efforts, she ended up winning thirteen eighty dollars.
Speaker 1: According to the.
Speaker 3: Article, a merchant in the municipality in China held the public welfare challenge with my drivers, reporting that the individuals selected ten random people to participate and by inviting them to lie down for eight hours in the merchant's store. They said there were a few rules that participants had to abye bye with the most important one being that they were not allowed to touch their smartphones. Also not allowed to sleep deeply, as that would have defeated the challenge's purpose of being awake and not touching your cell phone. In the end, the unnamed woman inner pajamas overcame the test and won ten thousand You on i E thirteen hundred and eighty dollars equivalent. Report doesn't mention if any of the other participants won the competition, but if that was not the case, then it's a simple example of how smartphones have become an indispensable part of people's lives. Some may argue people are addicted to them. It's also pointed out researchers have found that reducing daily smartphone usage can have a positive impact on your personal health. Reducing usage by just an hour can lead we need an individual's anxiety levels as well as increase their life's satisfaction. I can't argue with that, never seen the studies, but certainly sounds logical and reasonable. Five point fifty five fifty five kr CD talk station plenty to talk about the.
Speaker 1: Six o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: I'd love to talk to you, so you can feel free to call five one three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk right back after the news.
Speaker 1: Look what it happened. This is the greatest political comment comeback of all time.
Speaker 3: This has ever been two three four times today fifty five KRSD talk station. I've here a fifty five kr CD talk station. Bryan Thomins wishing everyone a happy Tuesday. Thanks again, Dan Carroll for covering for me yesterday, and thanks again to the deal the Sealed Team six and ten and retired Colonel Bob Kattire and the rest of the crew that invited me to go shoot fifty cows out of Camp Attterbury yesterday. Had a wonderful time with my son and the whole crew that and again going back to my wife making snickerdoodles for everybody. She has a massive fan base among the Navy seals now. Anyway, she actually said, and I told her about this, she goes, oh, I would love to go there and watch you guys shoot sometime said a little worried about her being around those Navy seals. And those guys are awesome. By the way, God bless America, and God bless that's two. That's four chunks of Navy seal teams. Last time it was two and three. I think it was six and ten yesterday, and so I've had an opportunity to meet quite a few of them. Man, we got some quality, quality men serving the Navy Seals. Anyway, Orlando Sons are coming up in an hour to talk about immigration. He is the product of legal immigration, and he, of course understands the problems associated with illegal immigration, wrote a Washington Post op ed piece. As I pointed out the last hour, you know you haven't seen the last of Orlando Sanza. I see a great future in front of him. Christopher Smithman, former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati smither event in delay of the day since I wasn't here. I love having him on the program seven to twenty for Christopher bright Bart inside Scoop every Tuesday eighth five. Today the return of Joel Paulock. We'll talk about the fall of Bashar Ali Sad and Syria and what that might mean. Also on the topic of conversations with Daniel Davis for The Deep Dive at eight thirty, Well, Douk Syria, What's what lies in the store for all of us? Some are drawing a parallel to the fall of the Berlin Wall, with the fall of Bashar al Asade, Israel ceasefire with Hisbala question mark, and questions about whether Trump is going to be able to negotiate a Russia Ukraine ceasefire, and of course the falling apart of Syria may assist in that regard. And yeah, I honest, got to be honest with you, I'm not real familiar with Syria's history, but for the last thirteen years there's been this this absence outright civil war going on, claiming the lives of they say, well over half a million people.
Speaker 1: How did that start? Look?
Speaker 3: According to reporting from the Telegraph, this remember the Arab spring back in twenty eleven spreading through the Middle East. Syria apparently at the outset remained kind of neutral on the whole thing until one night in February a group of children in the southern town of Deira wrote some graffiti on the wall quote it's your turn next, doctor, referring to Bashar al Assade, who was an optomologist. It was kind of a taunt at a Sade, who apparently is very thin skinned and very insecure. On top of it, so he got all angry about that local security chief, a cousin of Bashar Ala Sade, had his men round up and torture the children, resulting in crowds gathering around demanding the release of these children. According to the reporting, As'ad's generals and maybe Ozma herself that would be Bashar Assad's wife, a very controversial woman in their own right, begged him to comply and apologized for rounding the children up and torturing them in order to defuse the crisis that was obviously unfolding before their very eyes. However, bish Assad, being who he is, gave an order to open fire on the protesters, which triggered the thirteen year uprising that obviously ultimately saw him have to flee the country the other day. By all accounts, he is now an asylum in Russia. But over the months following that slaughter of protesters, he got even worse in terms of torture and blood. They say, in the following decade, the Bisharlesade regime would kill hundreds of thousands of their own citizens, torture more than fourteen thousand prisoners to death, and caused what was described as the greatest refugee crisis since the Second World War, half of serious population fled the country, going back to problems with immigration, and of course a lot of them ended up in Europe, causing major problems there.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: Apparently early on in his after he took over, his brother was above him and in line for succession, which is why b. Charlsade ended up going to ophthalmology school. So that his brother was apparently kind of a thrill seeker, and he died in a car accident speeding around Syria. So next in line, Alosad and apparently initially on encouraged by his wife, was thinking about turning Syria into more progressive democratic state. They called it Damascus Spring. He released prisoners, gave some degree of freedom of expression, and at that time was actually somewhat popular. However, as reported, it didn't last long. Apparently it dawned on him that democracy would mean the end to his family's dominance because he's one of the Awl Whites. They're a minority, they only make up ten percent of the population. So he saw the writing on the walls, like, wait a second, if I let people decide their future here, then I'm going to be out of power. So he went the opposite direction, and that forced him into the arms of Iran because he was losing support, so he became dependent upon Iran, and that dependence increased after the uprising forced him to become more reliant than ever on Tehran. By then, they say, his horizons had narrowed in Syria. He can only trust members close to his family, and the uprising spread in twenty eleven. His younger brother, described as even almost a bigger thug than Dashar al Asad was charged with suppressing descent as ruthlessly as he could, which, also, as the reporting says, a role he relished. I guess he liked abusing people and killing them. In fact, there's some video footge out there of this mahar guy laughing while firing shots at unarmed protesters in Damascus, not a great reputation, not good for power, and of course also feeding the fuel of descent and rebellion, which is exactly what the aftermath was, and being chucked out of office. So the toping of his regime at the hands of rebel forces, they say, can have far reaching consequences, and we're not quite sure what they're going to be because the rebel forces are led by the Islamist militant group Hayat Tarir al Sham. Notice they're described as an Islamist militant group, which makes me think of Iran and the fall of the shaw of Iran being taken over by yes, the Iotolokamani, a well fundamentalist Islamic guy. So they captured Damascus over the weekend, and of course Bisharolo's side, with his tail between his legs, fled and according to everybody out there kind of reporting on this, he is now in Russia. Some of the reports early on set his plane crash. But anyway, so Western nations currently described as cautious because we don't know what's going to happen in terms of the power vacuum in Syria, and if a chaotic and contested transition happens, it could be problematic.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 3: So there are competing factions. They're the one I mentioned, the foregoing one, and then there's the terrorist group styling itself as the Islamic State. They're infighting as well, but they say for now, the fall of the Asad dynasty of over fifty years in power as some immediate global ramifications, with Russia and Iran now seen as losers because he was ousted. They were his primary supporters. There's a chief economist at Brenberg Bank. I guess he's an expert on such things, Holger Shimmitting. He said, Iran has likely lost its major route to send weapons to the Hazbala terror militia in Lebanon. Despite the potential power vacuum in parts of Syria for a while, the Middle East could eventually be as a little less unstable as a result. See there's where Israel might benefit from this. And in the United States, economists point out that the far Bashar al Assad and the company weakening of Russia and Iran after losing their key ally in the region, will give Trump a welcome boost. Strategist Bill Blaine said, the new reality is when Donald Trump assumes I was in January twentieth, he will be facing a threat be facing a threat board where the opposition looks massively weakened, and how the United States holds many of the cards. That does not mean the world is getting much less dangerous. It's entirely unclear what kind of new Syria might emerge from Asad's overthrow, but it feels like power and global initiative could be shifting back to the West. They say, we might hear some benefit on that in light of the growing, you know, calls for bricks currency. They think this might shore up the US dollar and also provide Trump with some leverage in Ukraine, because again Russia had all of its resources sort of focused on Ukraine, which said, you know, I guess if they had a choice, We're going to pull the plug on Syria. We're going to pull the plug on our war with Ukraine. They chose to pull the plug on Syria. They set of sod's downfall in the defacto defeat of Russia and Iran in the process as massive implication for markets in terms of unwinding fears around the dollars pre eminence, while increasing the momentum that could develop behind Trump and his global trade vision, both in terms of put in the United States in the US dollar front and center. Let's hope that's true, they say. The major winnicle, major geopolitical winners right now Israel and Turkey. Israel, of course, because of the drying up of weapons going to Hisbala, and Turkey, which shares a five hundred and sixty mile long border with Syria, and Turkey's been the main backer of opposition groups in Syria aiming to topple Bashar al Asad. So I guess they were on the winning side of that. According to some experts quoted, Turkey is for now said to be the biggest external beneficiary of Asad's fall. They caution that Ankara will only feel the benefits of regime change in Damascus if no dangerous vactor of power emerges and the power is transferred relatively peacefully from now on, according to the expert, In other words, Turkey stance benefit only if the Ashad regime is replaced by a functioning government able to face the daunting task of delivering stability to a diverse country while competing factions that will need billions of dollars in aid and investments to rebuild. I'm sorry, I can't find any optimism in that after thirteen years of civil war, all these different warring factions and sort of the enemy of my enemy is my enemy, and you got these multiple Islamic factions fighting sort of collectively to Topplbashar al Asad. I suppose they're now going to be looking at each other, and since there is a power vacuum. I suspect one or more of those groups is going to want to be the one leading the country, probably resulting in more war in Syria. It remains to be seen, but the situation is unfolding rapid. Stick around more to talk about. It's six. It's amazing how the world can change in the moment's time, isn't it? Six eighteen fifty five kre see the talk station. Bobby's on the phone. Look forward to talking to you, Bobby. Hang on a second. I want to mention Colin Electric because you need great electricians. You need my friends at Colin Andrew Cullen. The team at Colin a well machine, a professional license, direct electricians there to do every facet of your residential electric work family on an operated since nineteen ninety nine. And they enjoy an A plus the Better Business Bureau. And I'll give them an A plus plus plus plus for the work they've done at my home many projects over the years, both big and small, always done to my satisfaction. Of course, I know when they leave, they left me like they'll leave you with a ten year wiring warranty. The price is always right, the service is wonderful. They take excellent care of you and your home, very efficient in what they do, and you can call them without question. I recommend you do so. Five one three, two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two. Learn more online go Cullen Cue and Color Electriccincinnati dot.
Speaker 6: Com fifty five KRC your holiday today.
Speaker 3: Time for the nine first one one forecasts will have well a high a fifty today and some spotty showers down to thirty overnight, maybe some light snow also overcast, cloudy skys Tomorrow, windy and a high thirty four and some spotty snow possible going down to eighteen over Wednesday night, clear skies and thirty one. The eye on Thursday with a partly cloudy day forty seven. Right now, Time for traffic update Chuck from the UCUP tra Emphing Center. When it comes to stroke, every second accounts.
Speaker 5: That's why the u SEE Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is the clear choice for rapid life saving treatment. Learn more at u s Health dot com. Highway is doing just fine. I'm not seeing any time delays to deal within the downtown as of yet. Clues are working with an accident on Glen Way at bottom Chuck Ingram on fifty five hers the talk station.
Speaker 3: Dasha I six twenty three on a Tuesday. Puhne number here if you'd like to call him talk five one, three, seven, four nine fifty eight hundred and eighty two to three talk with Time five fifty on AT and T phones. I remember, get her to think I've Karsy dot com when you're there, to get your I heart media so you can stream the audio, the content, get the podcast wherever you happen to be, and let's go to the phones. Bobby's on the phone, Bob, thanks for holding over the break, my friend. Welcome back, and happy Tuesday.
Speaker 9: Happy Tuesday, my brother. I'd like to make a comment about the serious situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please, Well, the Kurds hold.
Speaker 9: More territory than any played any other group in Syria. But my question is, poor mister Biden isn't in kroll, isn't in control of this situation. Because the leader, the leader of the rebellion that's situated in Damascus right now, that's supposed to be the head of you know, the rebellion. He's got a twenty million dollar bounty on his head from our State Department as a terrorist oh wonderful. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So so Bobby, if we're looking for some smooth transition and some stability and some sort of stability in terms of the government, if it's the opposition leader, then that's not going to go out real well, at least in so far as US relations with the country on a going forward basis.
Speaker 9: It's not going to go well. And all the Trumpster told him right off the bat first words out of his mouth, he said, stay out of it. He knows we've been arming the Kurds for a long time, all the way from back in Hillary Clinton. Because I know where they stored the arms at. Wow, right right there in being Ghauzi, the being Ghazi Medical Center, five nice buildings that we built for you know, the country there, and we stored arms there. Nobody ever understood why the representative of our country was in being Ghauzi. Well, it's interesting, the being Gazi Medical Center where we stored our arms there.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you what do you make of Israel?
Speaker 3: They say they destroyed chemical weapons and other weapons caches in Syria right just yesterday, I guess, or maybe even this morning, because they got that shared border and since there is now this power vacuum in Syria, they said, you know what, we're gonna keep the hands of the We're gonna keep these weapons out of the hands of the Sunni Islamic rudbulls. So we're just gonna blow them up. I don't know anything about blowing up chemical weapons, but it's like blowing up nuclear facilities where they have radioactive material. Is there a concern that when you blow that stuff up that it releases the chemical weapons or the nuclear radiation as the case maybe, and it goes out into the world. I don't know if they think about that kind of stuff ahead of time, but this is way beyond my knowledge base.
Speaker 9: I think they just take it displaced, like a pup of smoke on a windy day.
Speaker 1: Or that evening.
Speaker 3: That's a scary thought, man. So anyway, so understand Israel's desire to do that, but they're now worried about Israel maybe occupying that what they call demilitary zone there and expanding the territory, which is of course going to really irk many folks in the Middle East about Israel maybe trying to take over. Given the power vacuum that exists there, it's very complicated, wouldn't you agree, Bobby.
Speaker 9: Well, the goal on hide scenariosing was going to be a nice powder keg within the next few weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well, I guess Israel took that away from Syria a long time ago, but that was I believe, nineteen sixty seven. And to the winner go the spoils. And you don't want to let go of the goal on heights if you're Israel, because that is an unbelievably strategic thing. If you give somebody else power of the goal on heights, you are letting them sit in territory that looks right down over the top of Israel. It's got some great military reasons that they want to keep it, so I doubt that's going to go anywhere anyhow. Frightening stuff, Bobby. I certainly appreciate your call. God bless you, sir, and faith, flag, firearms and family right six twenty six. If I have Kero see talks, maybe you got some other opinions or observations. Love to hear from you on this very complicated and it's going to take a while to shake out. Keep your popcorn out on that and call fast and pro roofing. Got a roof needs me inspected. You need to take care of your roof, and a simple free inspection from Fast and Pro might give you great peace of mind, because, let's face it, there doesn't have to be something actually that you see wrong with your roof to call them for the free inspection. You got a bunch of years under the roof's life. You want to find out if something's wrong. Talk to my friend Steve. He wanted to change their siding. They do siding, more beautiful siding work. By the way, We had him do our siding, get rid of the old vinyl and put the hardyboard up. When they replaced our roof. Our roof needed to be replaced because of hail damage. I went ahead and had the gutters replaced. Didn't have to do that. But the gutters were builder special kind of real narrow gutters, so the water would slop over them. So I got bigger gutters, and of course gutter guards. You can just have gutter guards done and get your gutters cleaned up before wintertime because you get an ice dam problem. That's a real problem. You could rip the utter right off the side of the house. But if that happens, they can help you with that. Yeah, But Steve out there to have him do the shingle or the siding work. They discovered he had a couple of problems on his roof that he wasn't aware of. And that's where that free inspection can be very valuable keeping you out of trouble. But if they come off the roof and say, nothing's wrong up there. You got X number of years, give us a call in a couple of years, looks like you're doing fine, You're in great shade. But they're honest. That's the point. It's a free roof inspection that also comes with a level of honesty and integrity that very few roofing companies had. That's why they enjoy an A plus with the Better Business Bureau. That's why I'm very happy my daughter's fiance works with Fast and Prone. He may very well come out and check out your roof. Eric's a good man. Prove it to me or call me and tell me that's not the case. I doubt I'm going to hear that. Ray and Amanda Awesome owners of Fast and pro and Again been around since nineteen ninety nine. Family in an operator to do all kinds of roofs, commercial, residential. You want to swap out the shingle for a metal roof, you can do that. You got a metal roof that needs work, of course they do that. They do custom copper work, true craftsman level work from fast and Pro is exactly what you're gonna get. Check out it online. It's some gorgeous stuff that they do. That's Fasten FSTE and fastenproroofing dot com tell them, Brian said, have any call for that free inspection five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Waking up on the.
Speaker 3: Time Channel nine first one of weather forecasts says, I have fifty today, not bad. I got a few showers out there be overcast Overnight. Overcast numbers will be dropping down to the low of thirty with some light snow possible. Tomorrow's high thirty four. Spotty snow is possible, enemy windy along with clouds. Clear over Wednesday night, but going down to eighteen and on Thursday, we'll see a high thirty one with partly cloudy skies.
Speaker 1: Right now forty seven degrees.
Speaker 5: Now for traffic update, the up Traffic Center when it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the u See Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is a clear choice for rapid life saving treatment.
Speaker 1: Learn more at uce health dot com.
Speaker 5: Cruise continue to work with an accident or a car hit, a utility pull and cotfire on Glynnway at Wilder. Traffic on the highway is doing just fine northbound seventy five at northbound for seventy one. Just beginning to build a bit into downtown. Chuck ingramon fifty five kr see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty three fifty five KRCD talk station. It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Christopher Smith is going to be on today seven to twenty for him right after Orlando's Sonza with his Washington Post op ed peace on immigration. There's illegal immigration and there's legal You can jar your own conclusions as to which side of the ledger or Lando is on that. He's a great guy. I'm looking forward to having back on the program and always a joy hearing from New Hampshire. Gary, Thanks for calling today, Gary, It's good to hear from this morning.
Speaker 1: Welcome back.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 1: How are you I am doing well? Thanks? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Hey, By the way I speaking, I agree with Bobby one hundred percent on the Ben gatziview. But yesterday there was a one hour dissertation with Ben Shapiro. I had to listen to it twice. He had it complete. If you can watch it, it's better than the podcast because they had it complete with a map, showed all the different factions and was basically a breakdown of history starting from nineteen sixty in the whole Middle East, what mess. There are different factions of Kurds, Syrians, and Palestinians, and it breaks it down really well so that you can get a good comprehension of just how complex the whole thing is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen a couple of maps, and I can't disagree with you. I have not seen that particular segment, and I will have to go look at it because it sounds fascinating, and I will be the first one to admit, I mean, it's difficult when you look at the history of those regions and all the different factions that are going on and who's taking control and who has and I mean, hell, you just look at the history of Israel since nineteen forty seven and it's crazy also. But in the final analysis, let me ask you this what is your candid opinion New Hampshire.
Speaker 1: Gary.
Speaker 3: Will this result in some sort of peaceful resolution and transition of power to something that can resemble a stable Syria or will it be the monstrous Charlie foxtrot that I anticipate that it'll be based upon what you just sort of, you know, thumbnail sketched out.
Speaker 10: Anybody who believes their enemy that they're not gonna that used to be part of isis k as a fool?
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough? I think we know exactly what you're anticipating. If after Gary was a betting man, he's going with, I believe the Charlie fox trot scenario and I think that's probably where the money goes. Question whether it will any of this will adhere to our benefit because as of right now, all the political plunders are saying this shows Iran and Russia are both weakened by the fall of Syria in a variety of different ways, some suggesting this is a reflection that Russia is incapable of fighting on two fronts, of course, because it was a huge financial and arms backer of the Bisharalasad regime and they're using up a lot of those resources in Ukraine. As we all are well aware, Gary, thank you for calling this morning, folks, if you feel like connould love to hear from you. In the meantime, though, there's another number you should call, Affordable Medical Imaging because you don't want to get thousands of dollars out of your own bank account to get that MRI, CT scan, Eco CARTOGRAMM or ultra sound that your doctor said get at the hospital imaging department where they charge you thousands and thousands of dollars. You know, there's not a single one of those images that's more than Let's see, the most expensive one is an MRI with a contrast it's six hundred and forty five bucks and yes it comes to the Board Certified Radiologist report. When you get it at Affordable Imaging Services. You go to the high hospital MRI maybe cost you thirty five hundred bucks. You get a separate bill for the Board certified radiologist. God is what that'll cost? And go ahead call the imaging department called the hospital say how much is this going to cost me? After you run it through my insurance company. They'll be dodgy about that, but you can get that information and when you finally realize you're out of pocket is going to be far more than the entire image and radiologist report. When you go to affordable imaging. That's when you realize, I'm going to exercise my choice when it comes to my medical care. I did the same thing. A doctor said, you need a CT scap because I was having my lymphoma symptoms come back and want to see if my lymph node did large. I go to Affordable Imaging Services and I told her I was going to do it. She's like, fine, guess what, no problems. She didn't say anything about the image. She just said, guess what. I'm sorry, your lymphodes have gotten bigger. So not the results I wanted. But a CT scan with a contrast is only six hundred bucks at Affordable Imaging Services, and I know what it costs. At the imaging department. They had a surgeon with doing a biopsy with the follow up one because the surgeon had to be there so I couldn't go to affordable imaging. The bill eleven thousand dollars. You heard that right. So you have a choice when it comes to your medical care. Find out in advance what the difference is going to be. I bet it's going to be substantial and then call them for an appointment. Five one three seven, five three eight thousand. Very low overhead, but it's the same equipment hospitals use and decades of experience these folks have doing these imaging, so you know it's all about your bottom line. It's worth the extra travel time. I've heard that multiple times from people five one three seven, five three eight thousand Online learn more Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 11: What's up, everybody, I'd man working a type of a new podcast.
Speaker 1: It's editl time with a nine first warning. Weather forecast.
Speaker 3: Spotty showers today, high on fifty overcast as you might have imagine, overnight overcast dropping temperatures down to thirty degrees with some light snow possible thirty four to the high. Wednesday, cloudy and windy, maybe some spotty snow down to eighteen Wednesday night to be clear skies and a partly clotty Thursday with a high of thirty one forty seven degrees.
Speaker 5: Right now, let's give an update on traffic conditions. Run the UCL Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke every second counts. That's why the UCE Health Comprehensive Stroke Center. It's a clear choice for rapid life saving treatment. Learn more at you see health dot com. Highways not bad at all to deal with for your Tuesday morning commute. Just beginning to build a bit northbound seventy five past. Kyle's crews are working with an accident on Glenway at Wilder Avenue, Carcot Fire. Kingram on fifty five KRC Deep Talk station, Say.
Speaker 3: Forty two at fifty five PRC Detalk station, I hope you're having a happy Tuesday. Orlando Suns at the top of our news on immigration for the Washington op ed piece on that looking forward to having him back on the show. I wish I was having him back on the show to congratulate him on the victory. But Hamilton County tough not to crack, although I think it's possible we can retake Hamilton County. Look what's going on across this country of ours. When Mayor Eric Adams is talking about becoming a Republican and now working to bypass New York City's council to overturn their sanctuary city laws, you can see a sizeable like a huge shift in the attitude in the hearts and minds of folks in elected capacity because they got big, big problems on their hands given the Biden administration's open border policies. And you know, I was thinking about the the not guilty vertict for Daniel Penny. I mean, no one suggested he wanted to kill Jordan Neely. Jordan Neely a deranged, drug induced, disturbed, mentally challenged individual who was literally threatening people on the train. And you heard Sean point out that one of the women who testified on the trial and the trial on his behalf or as a witness, she was scared to death black woman. And Daniel Penny obviously didn't go after this guy because he was black. He went after him because he said people are going to die. Someone's going to die today, while he's whacked out on drugs and is also described as having a long, long history of mental problems and challenges. In fact, Mayor pointed out the city failed Neely identified as the cities and one of the city's top fifty list of homeless in desperate need of help, including psychological help and help with drug addiction. Apparently, he had a record demonstrably dangerous, and it's a good thing. We got folks seize our citizens like this marine to look out for us, because you know, we can't lie on our elected officials. Where were the cops, Al Sharpton, where were the police? You know, we're supposed to put our hearts in our rather our lives in the hands of those who are licensed and hired as police officers. But when seconds counts, y'all know they're at least minutes away. Where were they on the subway train? They weren't there. So we got a veteran standing up to the challenge and protecting those young women on the train from this deranged guy. We need more people like that. We need a lot more people like that. And it's very disturbing when you got a district attorney like Alvin Bragg going after this guy when after it was initially invested and invested, investigated, he was not arrested at the outset. Bragg shows up a little bit later and charges him. But why why would you want to discourage this kind of behavior. I mean, if he targeted a black man, if he targeted some individual and intentionally wanted to murder him, then that's one thing. But protecting folks, and this guy's medical condition apparently is really what was the proximate cause of his death. Yeah, you take your people as you get them. But a good day for Daniel Penny, and I think it's a good day for America as well. And I hope that, you know, more of us would actually step up to the challenge like that, because if you have people in elected capacity that go after the good Samaritans of the world, you know a lot fewer good Samaritans left around. In New York City has been notorious for years for people just outright ignoring crime while it's happening. One story that was described in the context here sixty years ago, twenty eight year old Kiddy Genovies raped and murdered outside her apartment building in Queen's and The New York Times reported back then, while thirty eight people either saw or heard the attack, not a single one called the police or came to her aid. Now, they said that time story was greatly exaggerated with hindsight, But as William mcgerrn observed the day in the Wall Street Journal, she became a metaphor for a cold, uncaring city where people don't want to risk getting involved but when you pivot over and look at the absolute outright anarchy, it seems to be the New York City subway system. People get on the subway already scared out of their minds, and that's some of the testimony that came through into this Daniel Penny trial. You know, you're already freaked out, and then this guy comes on. He's talking about someone going to be killed today. Isn't it a nice one? You can think that somebody's going to come to your aid if you need it. If you are one of the weaker individuals in society in a city that won't allow you to carry concealed or arm yourself to defend yourself, the great equalizer is not available, and if you use it, you know, damn well the district Attorney, Alvin Bragg is going to charge you for defending yourself. And I almost think that is what the left wants, that attitude, that mindset that you won't defend yourself, that you will not use deadly force even when you are allowed to, as in, when you are faced with eminent apprehension of grievous bodily harm or death, you have the right to defend yourself and use deadly force that you won't use it just because you know you're going to be rung through the criminal justice system. You're gonna have to lawyer up at a massive expense, and it's most notable. Daniel Penny is still facing a civil suit. Fortunately he's accumulated a rather substantial legal defense fund. He's probably going to have to use every penny of I think the three million dollars if people have donated for his defense. So he's facing a civil suit, and we are now all facing calls from at least one Black Lives Member founder in New York City that white people need to be killed. Yeah, Hawk Newsom, founder of Greater New York. We need some black vigilantes. People want to jump up and choke us and kill us for being loud. How about we do the same. Oh, that's helpful, That's real helpful. Apparently he was not aware of the factual information underlying the prosecution either. Six forty eight fifty five kars de Talk Station. Maybe feel differently, feel free to call, but definitely stick around for Orlandos Sonza and definitely get in touch with Prestese Interiors. When you do that, you get in touch with John Ryan, and he is the master of kitchen remodeling. I think we're at like thirty five years of experience for John doing almost exclusively kitchens, and he does a great job. I know because I walk into mine every day and I'm happy every time I walk into it, and i still remember what it used to look like and what it looks like now. And boy, we are enjoying our kitchen we have now for more than a decade.
Speaker 1: Time passes so quickly.
Speaker 3: But whether you simply want to replace worn out cabinets and countertops or got the whole thing like we did and redesign the entire kitchen space for better style and function, is great to work with, real sweet guy, wonderful ideas he'll have for your kitchen. And he's been doing kitchens for so long he has seen every size kitchen and every size project, and he will have terrific ideas for better flow and storage. And it's just he's a good guy to work with. He'll keep that team and uh it check. You know, one stop shopping and you hire John. You sit down with him from an initial designed to final installation, and he is the uh well, the mechanism behind the well oiled machine. That'll be your kitchen remodeling team A plus with the BBB and remember the National Kitchen and Bath Association. Check out some of the work he's done over the years online. Go to Prestige one two three dot com Prestige one two three dot com and then tell him Brian said, I when you call him up at five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: You'll have financial questions. Sure, uh time for the nine first one and weather forecasts.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have a uh well, I have fifty day tot AB overcast. We'll have a spotty shape showing up perhaps down to thirty overnight with maybe some light snow. And on Wednesday high thirty four with spotty snow, possible cloudy and wendy eighteen the overnight low Wednesday with clear skies. And I have thirty one on Thursday with partly flotty skies, the forty seven.
Speaker 1: Right now, let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 5: From the UCL Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the UC Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is the clear choice for rapid life saving treatment.
Speaker 1: Learn more at uc health dot com.
Speaker 5: Northbound fourth seventy one, beginning to load up quickly between Grand and Downtown at an extra three to four minutes. Westbound two seventy five, a bit heavier coming out of Milford towards Ward's Corner, but not a whole lot of extra time needed there. There's a wreck on Glen Way at Wilder Avenue. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR seed the talk station.
Speaker 3: Yesh, I have six fifty four here at fifty five care CD talk station Orlando, Sanza Washington op ed piece wapell op ed peace about immigration and going back really quickly to Mayor Eric Adams again. Trump's victory, I think sent a warning shot to the balot Democrats about these sanctuary cities, and more and more are fighting back against them, mostly the citizenry showing up at council meetings and the like, screaming their heads off about wasted resources and budget problems and all of that. And now Mayor Eric Adams he is actually working to bypass the city council to change their city sanctuary city law ahead of an upcoming meeting with the Trump administration. Borders are hmm. He said he wants criminal illegal aliens to ported. First, he wants to protect his citizenry, going back to this old Daniel pennything, someone's got to protect the citizens. You've got known convicted with due process, criminals that aren't lawfully allowed it to be in your city. Isn't it a good thing to want to eradicate the city because you are legally allowed to do so, And yet you're staring at a bunch of elected officials who have declared that you're well. The police and those involved in enforcing immigration law, at least assisting with ICE and helping to enforce the law are told not to do it. They're directed to not work with ICE to help these people or to help them get these people out of the city. Criminals, dangerous types, demonstrably so people have actually gone out and committed crimes against your own people. And Mayor Eric Adams has, you know, his electorate, the residents of the city to concern himself about. Isn't it a nice thing that he does care about him enough that he wants to work with ICE and get them out of the city. Anybody think that's one of the reasons Donald Trump won And no, I don't think Trump's going to be capable of, you know, pulling off what they keep calling mass deportation, mass deportation. He got eleven, twelve, fifteen million, whatever the number is of illegal immigrants in this country. Not all criminals, but boy, if you can identify the criminals, and you can, isn't it a nice thing to protect your country from all threats, both domestic and foreign. In this figular case, foreign people have come into our country and they now represent a domestic threat. Let's start there. Maybe difficult road to hoe, but we can at least start there. And I think that enjoys popular support even in the most left wing cities. Orlando Sanza on after the top of the area needs to talk about that. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 1: There we go again, another news updates. We're gonna get all the.
Speaker 7: Facts, an ear full of information.
Speaker 1: At the top of the hour and they'll break it down fast fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 12: This report is sponsored by seven.
Speaker 1: Five AIRCD talk station. Brian Thomas glad to be.
Speaker 3: Back on a nice three day weekend, thanks a Dan Carapher covering for me, and so happy and many in most respects to welcome my next guest Orlando Sons, and I wish I was welcome, welcoming him to congratulating him on his victory in the most recent election. Sadly, he ran in Hamilton County, and my listeners are painfully aware the direction Hamilton County has gone. We didn't get Melissa Powers elected, Jarreff Neil didn't get elected, and of course one of the finest candidates that was running this year, Orlando Sons, that went down as well. But I'm happy to have you back on. I read your op ed piece, Orlando Sons at excellent President Donald Trump's plan to fix immigration is what we need op ed which was in the Washington Reporter op ed Peace. Welcome back, Orlando. I hope you and your family are doing well.
Speaker 7: Brian, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Always great to be on Well.
Speaker 3: It's always a pleasure to talk with you, such an intelligent man and someone who knows a lot about immigration, because you are the product of legal immigration, which you and I and I think most of my listening audience embrace go through the process legally. It perhaps is a little bit long and drawn out. It's difficult, it's challenging. Perhaps there are some hurdles we can get rid of. But in the final analysis, that allows our country to do what it's supposed to do, which is manage its own best interest. When you have an open border, obviously it brings about lots of problems. Many cities are experiencing those, and as you're out, ed Peace points out, it's costing the American tax bears a heap load of money. Orlando Sonza, right, Brian, and listen, going back to November fifth, let's just celebrate the wins up from that night we took back the White House.
Speaker 7: Isn't that right, Briant. We are sending Donald Trump back to the White House and he's going to fix the many problems that our country is facing right now, immigration one of them. We have taken back the United States Senate and sent our good friend Bernie Marino to the US Senate for Ohio, and we've held the majority. Now, i'llbe it slim, you know, I wish it was the other way in the US House. But listen, we've got all three of the key crucial bodies in order to pass good legislation, and especially when it comes to fixing our immigration problem. I mean, you laid it out clearly, Brian. And we've been talking about this for this last year. Immigration, illegal immigration, what it's done to this country, in the financial burden it's caused, in the national security concerns, it's raised, the human trafficking has gone up, fentonol has gone up in terms of the illegal drug trade finding its way to Southwest Ohio. How are we going to fix it? Well, President Trump ran on a platform of how he's going to secure the southern border on day one, and then he is going to make sure that the fifteen plus illegal immigrants that are in this country that we actually through a priority list send back to their home country those that should not be here. And that's what I laid out in my op ed that President Trump's plan is clear that the first and foremost, the criminal that have committed violent acts in our country broken our laws in the southern border, broken our laws. Even right here in southwest Ohio. Some of them that I prosecuted as a former assistant prosecutor at the Prosecutors Off s Hamilton County, they're leaving. They're gone because we don't want them here. Certainly, we don't want them wreaking havoc, just like we've seen the last four years and then it goes on from there. I mean, Visa ober stays accounting for forty percent of illegal immigration. Look, this comes down to, Brian, are we going to be a country of laws again? Are we going to uphold the rule of law? And Donald Trump is going to do that. Tom Homan at the Helm as the Borders are is going to make sure that that's done. But we're going to do it in a way that welcomes immigration the way it should be legal, safe, you bring in families, just like just like my parents want to pursue the American dream. They're just going to do it the legal way. And that's what I'm most excited about in this administration is going back to the rule law.
Speaker 1: And isn't it insane?
Speaker 3: I mean I just cited Mayor Eric Adams in New York City. He needs to bypass his own city council and do some executive action to try to get around this sanctuary city law that they refuse to withdraw. I mean, he's the one that's looking out for the constituents of New York City. They are his own people. The residents in New York City are screaming at the top of their lungs. They're over budget, they got a billion dollar hole. Most of it's because of the illegal immigration cost on the city. The residents of the city's resources are being used and directed to illegal immigrants, which shouldn't be there. He's trying to do the right thing. He wants to work with the Trump administration, but his own elected officials are standing in the way. I mean, this is insanity, Orlando.
Speaker 7: That's exactly what it is. It's insanity, Brian. I mean, it's so abundantly clear that the results of November election reaffirm that Americans want decisive action on illegal immigration. They do not want politicians just like you highlighted in New York across the coasts, where they're defying federal law and think they know better than the American people on how to keep them safe, how to make sure that the economy is not overburdened by what immigrations. Illegal immigration is costing the American people. And that's why President Trump's plan targeting high priority offenders, empowering local law enforcement, enforcing existent laws. It's offering a comprehensive solution to secure our borders and safeguard America's future. But back to your point Brian on these sanctuary jurisdictions. Look, the fact that we've got cities, and sadly even here in Cincinnati, where you've got a city council, you've got you've got mayors, not just current but in past, where they are trying to shield dangerous illegal immigrants for prosecution. What that's doing is jeopardizing public safety and national security. And so President Trump's plan again I lay it out in my out bet, that he's got a plan in order to hold these jurisdictions accountable. It promotes accountability, it fosters strong cooperation between federal and local law enforcement. And so that's why we should not be surprised when we actually see out of this incoming administration these sanctuary cities held accountable, because that's what the people want to see. They want to make sure that our local leaders are upholding the laws. And if their federal laws, well guess what if the American people, the average everyday American needs to uphold every law from local, state, and federal. Absolutely we should be expecting that our local elected officials are also abiding by the law.
Speaker 3: Well, I can't come up with any other conclusion. Then there is some profound nefarious intent among these elected officials who insist on allowing you know, sanctuary cities, not cooperating with the ICE specifically when it comes to this very dangerous criminal element. We're talking about people who already have records that have been through the process. This isn't just every illegal immigrant. We're going to start with the worst defenders, ones who have gotten due process, have been convicted of crimes, are known to have been have come into crimes here, even in the United States or their home countries. How is it that anybody in elected capacity would think they're doing the citizenry any good by allowing these people to stay here and not cooperating with the folks who can get them out. Have you given any thought to that, Orlando? I hate to put you on the spot from that, but I mean, it's just it's baffling to me.
Speaker 7: Well, Brian, it begs the question again, what is their motive for doing this? Right, It's obviously not to keep the people safe. It's obviously not to make sure that our American taxpayer dollars aren't going to I mean, look again, right, another mandate that the American people delivered on November fifth, was they wanted to fix this broken economy that we've seen out of the last four years in the Biden Harris administration, and so for you know, we even talk about the cost, the cost of illegal immigration is putting on the shoulders of the American taxpayer one hundred and fifty one billion dollars annually. And Brian and you know people that talk about, you know, a deportation effort, saying that it's not feasible, it's it's it's too expensive. Well, it is substantial. I mean again, from conservative estimates, we're talking about three hundred billion dollars. But one time, a one time effort that Trump has tried to lay out that would in effect fix the problem that we're seeing out of the legal immigration compared to one hundred and fifty one billion dollars annually. I mean again, I think it's it's a high cost, yes, but in comparison to what it's doing to the American people on an annual basis. But it again just blows my mind that when you've got criminals that are wreaking havoc in our streets and you've got now these local elected officials that want to do nothing about it. In fact, they order their local police department to not comply with with federal law and report these criminals to Ice and federal law enforcement. You just got to ask yourself, why in the world would they be doing that. And again, it's for the American people to hold them accountable, hold these elected officials accountable. The Trump administration is going to certainly hold them accountable.
Speaker 3: Well, I certainly hope we turned the corner on this here locally as well as the other sanctuary cities, and I think, you know, all these mayors that abide by the sanctuary cities are on full notice.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 3: Just turning to Eric Adams in New York, I think he's setting a great example for the rest of the mayors in the country to, you know, get their act together, go to different direction. Recognize that that election of Donald Trump was really largely, or at least in a substantial part, built on the open borders problem that the Biden administration facilitated, and that they're in the wrong political posture by sticking with the open borders policy and sanctuary cities. And maybe we'll get a result and we can turn things around. Orlando a wonderful op ed piece, and as we've parted company, I hope you and your family have just a joyous, joyous holiday season and everyone who's in good health. And anytime you want to come on the program to talk, I enjoy our conversations. You do have a brilliant analysis when it comes to things like this, and I really wish I was talking to an elected official, but you know, you're a very valuable man for us to have down the road. I've got big, big ideas for you, and I think we're going to see big things from you, Orlando.
Speaker 10: Brian, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much.
Speaker 7: Happy Mary Christmas, Happy near to you and your family, and on working up.
Speaker 3: Work onwarding up at Orlando signs and returns on Mary Christmas to you and your family. It's seven sixteen if you FI have k C the talk station. What a great guy. USA Insulation. It's a great product, always in the ultimate no brainer. USA is saving you money every month, meeting your house more comfortable the day they install. It takes about less than a day for the average home to get insulated, but it starts with a free inspection. In quote, if you know you have no insulation because you got an older home, then you need the phone in the wall. It's the highest our value phone made. It is made in Ohio. Ce you buying and supporting a local company, a local broadut and it does a wonderful job. Guaranteed savings every single month and that comfort you will notice day one. First thing you'll notice is the house is a lot quieter. That's a cool thing you notice. Over the years after USA is installed, the yep mice don't come in the house anymore. If you have a problem with that, it fills up all the cracks and crevices. So that's just an added benefit. Another added benefit twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit from the federal government. For doing the right thing making your homewre energy efficient. You get the savings, and your savings may exceed the monthly cost. Steve brought it back ninety nine dollars a month interest free. Get your home phoned if you need it because you're under insulated. The foam goes in with the old insallation.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 3: I use my daughter's house as an illustration. Our housewarming gift was USA's premium foam. That's how much I believe in it. My wife agreed with me completely on doing that for my daughter and Eric. So they're enjoying the comfort and savings you will too. It's all guaranteed from USA. Find them out more about it online. You can get US Insulation dot net to the phone OBErs five one three three eight one three six two six five one three three eight one foam.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 6: Hey, it's Hissney from on air with Ryan Seacret.
Speaker 1: Time with the weather.
Speaker 3: Shanne nine says high a fifty today, overcast uh with some spotty showers tonight down to thirty degrees, maybe some light snow. Tomorrow's botties new as possible see high of thirty four, fotty skies and windy over night down to eighteen sad. They report clear skies and then a high of thirty one on Thursday with Partley clottiskis forty seven Right now.
Speaker 1: Traffic time from the u.
Speaker 5: See How Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the u SEE Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is a clear choice for wrapping by saving tree. But learn more at ucehealth dot com. Highway traffic continues to build, the heaviest northbound four seventy one approaching the barrel dear memorial. You'll need a couple of extra minutes into downtown, so I've found seventy five.
Speaker 1: Just beginning to get.
Speaker 5: Having your through block from there's a wreck on when wait at Wilder Avenue Chuck King Braman fifty five KR.
Speaker 1: See the talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven one if if you have KCD talk station A regular staple on the Monday morning show, Christopher Smith and former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinna with a Smith event.
Speaker 1: Since I was off.
Speaker 3: Yesterday and Dan Carrol filled in, and thank you again Dan for doing so. We moved him over to Tuesday. Welcome back Christopher for the Smith event. Love having you on the morning show, my friend. I hope all's well.
Speaker 13: Oh brother, thank you for having me on. And you know we always miss you. Dan Carroll did a good job, but we definitely miss you. And you just that kind of wake up in the morning and at five am and listen to you tell us what's going on in the world. And you know, I've been listening to your show and you and I are on the same page about what happened yesterday with the full acquittal of mister Penny. Yeah, but I I want to spleen vent on it because there are significant racial components that I think it's important for me to be outspoken about, and you were touching on them this morning. And so one of the things is I don't believe Penny would have been charged if the person who died was white. Yep, his first thing, and I think that prosecutor Brags was pressured in his mind by people who were living in New York that were saying, Hey, you've got this young white guy who killed somebody on a subway. But one of the things that I think the media, intentionally, particularly mainstream media, didn't share was the diversity of the people who testified, black and white, male and female, that said my life was on the line. And I view that what Penny did was interview so that I could live. There were no cops there. There's a guy that got on the subway said I feel like killing some people and I really don't care what happens to me. And so you know, if this veteran was on a battlefield, he would have gotten a purple heart. Instead, what he got from Brags was prosecuted where they said we're gonna take away your life in liberty for fifteen years for you just standing up for the little guy. And I appreciated how you said that the person who can't defend themselves. They take away your guns in New York, so you can't defend yourself with a weapon. Now, even a good Samaritan, their life is on the line, Their life in liberty is on the line. If they intervened to save my life. That's a hell of a place to live. Brian Thomas, and so it's a scary place to think that even good Samaritans out here. And that's why I watched that case so closely because of the implications of any American, whether they're living Georgia where they have the right to use a firearm, whether they're in Ohio with you know, stand your grounds, any of us who might see something happening the Penny case would have us go, well, should I get involved? Will the prosecutor in Hamilton County decide to prosecute me? If I decide? Somebody walks in and says, I'm gonna kill everybody. I have my weapon. I say, no, not today. I'm gonna take this. I'm gonna make sure I protect everybody. I'm just trying to figure out where this society is going, Brian Thomas, and I'm going to weigh in on Black Lives Matter and the commentary that came from them on the second half of the show, because that really got my goat yesterday.
Speaker 3: Too, oh without question, And I am glad you're going to comment on that, because Lord Almighty calling for sort of black people to go out and exact justice on white people just because Penny gets acquitted for something that was just a service to society's I am just side myself in disbelief, although you know this is the world we find ourselves in. Let's pause when Christopher bag for more commentary. Excellent, it always is. First word for odor exit works great. Oto exit products will get rid of the odor. One hundred percent satisfaction guaranteed on that one. You got nothing to worry about when you buy your otor exit products. Smoke, mold, mildew, pet, odors, anybody it's got a pet, you know, you know it's happened before the dog or whatever. You know, catbox, got a catbox odo exsit to work on that too. It's literally any kind of odor you can come across, food and that kind of thing. Go to odorexit dot com. No eod O r X I T. There's four different products there, each one just a design to one hundred percent satisfaction guaranteed get rid of certain odors. So it's easy to figure out which of the products you need when you dealing with a particular odor like skunk spray on your dog or when they go out and roll around in something you don't even want to know what it was. Liam gets rid and listeners have been telling me for years and years. Yes, it actually works, it really does.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know.
Speaker 3: It's why it comes under six sex actually guarantee. You don't think those odor exit folks would make that kind of guarantee if it didn't work, and it does. Been using those products for years. Easy to order online and recommend you do it. You buy it before three online it's going to be delivered to your front door by tomorrow.
Speaker 1: That's quick.
Speaker 3: Or if you need it right now, get out and buy a local as a search engine on the website tests you exactly where they sell it, and it is those products are sold all over town. Odo exit no e od O r XIT works on everything except the stench of politics.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: A minute of hope has brought to you General I Weather.
Speaker 3: That's to some spotty showers today high on fifty overnight down to thirty. Some light snow is possible. Tomorrow is high thirty four. Spotty snow is possible. It also be windy down to eighteen Wednesday night with clear skies and a high thirty one on Thursday with partly clotty skies forty seven Now traffic time.
Speaker 5: From the u SEE got Tramp Bank Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why you see Health Comprehensive Stroke Center. It's a clear choice for rapid pipe saving treatment. Learn more at u sehealth dot com. Starting to load up on the Highway satbound seventy one now break lights approaching fifer sapbound seventy five and an extra three to four through Blacklan northbound four to seventy one. Facts past Grand and northbound seventy five. Break lights between Buttermilk and Kyle's Chuck Ingramoon fifty five kre See the talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven nine if if you have ker City talk station. Happy to have Christopher smithon on talking about the Daniel Penny acquittal, which I think everyone agrees is a good thing. With the exception, notably of at least one founder of the Black Lives Matter Greater New York City, Hawk Newsom, who had this to say, and I will quote him, we need some black vigilantes. People want to jump up and choke us and kill us for being loud. How about we do the same. So he is not calling upon Black Americans to protect people in danger, he's encouraged him to kill white people basically for being white. And Daniel Penny, or the victim or the disturbed Jordan Neelly in this particular case, wasn't just being loud. He was threatening people with death. He had a history of psychosis, high on K two, a synthetic form of marijuana, a lengthy criminal arrest record. And I have no doubt in my mind that Daniel Penny, if it didn't matter what color skin Jordan Neely had, if Jordan Neely was a deranged Asian or white guy, he would have done the same thing to protect his fellow citizens on that subway train where there were no police around to help out.
Speaker 13: And I think your point about he wasn't just being loud, He was articulating a position, I'm going to kill somebody. People understood that they understood what that meant. And by the way, you know just what happened to the CEO of United Health as he walked down the street, you know, in the early mornings. You know, whether that was random or not, which we obviously know it wasn't, it still was a major act of violence in New Yorkers are seeing that. Meaning this is the context of this of what was happening on the subway is other people had been attacked on the subway, oh, would have been attacked on the street right outside. And so the New Yorkers were sitting around going people are just walking down the street punching women in the face, right, This was something that was happening last year. And so the context was here's a man who got on the subway and said, I'm here to kill somebody. And Penny heard that as a veteran, right, he said, you know what, not today, You're not going to kill these people. Today. I'm trained and I'm going to put my life on the line. And no one knew what he had. He could have had a knife, he could have had a gun, Yeah, he could have had anything. Let me speak to a Black Lives battle. Look what he said was so outrageous and so over the top, and we need leaders whether they're white or black, Democrats are Republicans, are independence to call them out. You just can't sit silent when someone gets on the mic and says, you know what, I think I need a visual handing out here to kill white people, right, because that's not what is happening, doesn't fit the situation at all. And so it's such an outrageous statement. As if the African Americans who were on the train who said my life I felt was on the line and testified in court, thank you Penny for saving my life. If Black Lives Matter was serious, that leader he would say, Man, thank you Penny, you saved a black life. I mean, there were black people who said, I'm concerned. I thought this guy was going to kill me. That's the craziness of what's going on. And let me make sure everybody understands this, Brian, because every time I talk about these issues, I'm going to make sure that I'm balanced and people understand racism is real. I've experienced racism in my life. I've been attacked, which I've never talked about publicly, where my life was on the line just for being an African American in the city of Cincinnati when I was a young person. So racism is real and you have to have good referees on both sides of the aisles. We need right leadership to do better, like you, Brian Thomas, who called things out. You know, like somebody called into your radio station once and start talking about the LGBTQ plus community and you called them out. You're not a person.
Speaker 8: I mean.
Speaker 13: My point to you, Brian Thomas is you are a good referee. You're not sitting here saying, hey, man, if I see something that happened bad to somebody who was African American based on their race, I'm going to lend my voice to it and say it was wrong. That's what I'm doing today. I'm lending my voice as a leader who happens to be African American saying, hey, listen, what that leader said or whoever that was in New York from Black Lives Matter that said we need a vigil annie today to go out and kill white people based on the acquittal of Penny is so outrageous and so over the top that somebody needs to lend the voice and say you're out, You're out of bounds on those comments.
Speaker 3: Totally outrageous, totally totally out of line. And you know the other component of this Christopher is, you know, had he been convicted of the mere fact that he was prosecuted for this, talk about you know, a negative effect someone out there who is in a position where you know, military trained guy like Daniel or Daniel Penny who has the skill sets to engage this guy and take him out in terms of preventing him from doing further harm. He didn't want to kill Jordan Neely, that wasn't his point. His point was to subdue him until the point where some police officer might show up and take over. You know, sadly, the guy died. It wasn't intentional, and the jury of course realized that that's why he's found not guilty. But you know, how many people are out there going to be second guessing? How many people out there, for example, they're faced with eminent apprehension of death. You know, somebody over there has got a gun pointing it at them, and they're afraid to use their own personal firearm to defend themselves because of the color of the skin of the person that's coming after them. Oh my god, if I defend myself, I'm gonna get you know, I'm gonna be accused of being a racist or something. That's just that that effect is profound, and I know a lot of people out in the world really genuinely feel like that, you know the Oh hell, No, I'm not going to get involved. I don't want to be prosecuted. I don't want to be drugged through the ringer. I don't want to be labeled on social media as a racist because I defended myself or defended my wife or daughter or some other young person or you know, frail elderly female on the subway train or anyplace else. No, I'm just going to turn my head and walk away.
Speaker 13: But Brian Thomas, one of the points that's important is that Penny wasn't the only person subduing. There were other passengers once Penny got him into the position, and the person looked like an African American male. I don't know if he was he might have been defined as a Haitian American. I have no idea, but he was a man of color who was also helping to do him. On that train. He had his hands on him saying, hey, I'm trying to help. There were other passengers, and so the reality was it was just another affirmation that it wasn't about race. It was about people on the train who felt that their life in that moment was in jeopardy. And this good Samaritan said, I'm going to intervene today. I want to let every good so marinon out there, no as they listen to you and I. We have to be our brother's keeper, no matter the race, that gender, the situation. We must look out for each other as Americans to keep ourselves safe. We're in a society now where people walk in with guns and knives and they say and do things. And the only thing we can do right now, Brian Thomas is believed them. What happened was this veteran believed what that man said. I'm here to kill people and guess what, I really don't care what happens to me. And at the end of the day, what happened to him, unfortunately and unintentionally is he lost his life. And now this man is going to face a civil case. I'm not a lawyer and I don't understand all the details, but my understanding is the threshold is much lower now they're coming after everything that he owes his entire life, there will be a civil trial where this man has to go back on trial again and put everything that he has on the line. Tell me what goods the Meridan out there who's walking through a mall right now, are walking in a parking lot and see somebody in trouble, says, you know, what's better for me not to get involved, because the prosecutor, no matter where they live in the United States of America, might charge me, and then I might be civilly charged and lose everything if I get involved.
Speaker 3: Yep, you got a great point on that one, and it's important you mentioned the lower legal standard in a civil case. It's preponderance of the evidence. If you look at a sliding scale like a seesaw, the fulcrum in the middle, that's fifty percent. You go one percent over and you can be found guilty. In a civil trial, clear and convincing evidence is like three quarters over, and then beyond a reasonable doubt, which is the criminal standard, is like all the way over to ninety percent. On one side, you've got to be thoroughly convinced by a you know, beyond a reasonable doubt that the person is guilty. They can't be found guilty, so he ends up in a civil suit. You know, some other jury may say, you know what you know, find him guilty, and you're right. They would literally take everything that man has. And I'm not sure as a you know, as a marine, how much he's got. But I don't think that's the point of going after him. I just think they want to continue to make an example out of him for doing the right thing.
Speaker 13: Well, let's say that he has a pension that pays him three thousand dollars a month and they take his pension away from him.
Speaker 10: I'm a financial planner.
Speaker 13: That would be devastating for that man to take his three thousand dollars away for being a good Samaritan and serving his country, and then being on a plane, on a mean being on a train in a subway saying I'm intervening to save other people's lives, and I think it's so important no matter what your race is or gender, people who are listening and trust my leadership in this city or in the county, or people who are listening to you, look at this case fairly, it has nothing to do with race to do with a man and people on a train who were all different, they all came together in that moment in time and said, listen, my life is on the line. You need to be hurt here. And if it were my wife, if it were my significant other, if it was my child, right, if it was one of my daughter you know, if it were if it were my daughter, you know, if it were a friend. I don't know whoever in my life that I loved. If it was your beautiful wife, Paulette, you would want somebody in that moment to say, you know what, Paulette's life matters, and I'm going to intervene here and make sure that she gets off the train. And so it's such an atrocity for the leader in Black Lives Matter, and I call all groups out many you know, some people don't know that I served as the president of the Cincinnati NAACP for seven years. I worked very hard to be fair right every so things that came before us, this is nonsense. I'm not dealing with that. You're wrong, I'm not involved. You have to have balanced leaders in these positions that can call balls balls and strikes or strikes. Now, I'm gonna say one more thing before we get off Brian Thomas, because this is an important detail and it's personal to me. We're going into the holidays and people are in their families are coming together. If you're in a room and someone is telling a racial joke and you're sitting there whatever it is, or they're saying something bad about the LGBTQ Plus Committee and you're sitting there and people are laughing, and you don't have the courage to shine a light to say, you know what, Uncle, you know what, Grandpa, you know what, cousin, that's not funny. I've got a friend who fits all the things you just said, and they're not that. Why would you say that over the holidays. We have to be better within our families to call this stuff out when it's happening. Because I know, Brian Thommons, you would never let anybody sit around your table. I'm getting a little emotion. You would never let anybody sit around your table and say something crazy because of our relationship, the love that we have for each other, the love that you extended to my wife, to my five children. No one would get away with that in the Thomas household. And so that's our point. We have to do better as American to stand up for what's right. When no one's watching. Christmas is a great time to do it. Our families are coming together. People say things that are outrageous, and I'm asking people who love me, who like me, who care about me, who respect me, to shine a light on anybody who's saying anything disparaging in your homes. Stand up and say, you know what, that's not who we are. You don't have to be negative. You can just say that's not I don't think that joke is funny. And I tell you it makes a big difference in our American families. If we all just did that little bit what we could be the penny. We could be the penny. We could be the guy on the subway that's standing up for what's right.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: See, and that's why I love living in America, and that's why I'm a little low libertarian. America is filled with all kinds of people. And isn't it a beautiful thing that we don't live in some oppressive regime that will literally kill you for, for example, being gay. And we know there are countries in the world that will do that it violates their religion or whatever. And I don't get that any religion could you know, kill someone or hate someone merely because of their sexuality. And we all need to learn to play nicely together. And freedom, liberty and allowing people to live their lives as they see fit, as long as they're not bumping into what I live and how I live my life. I'm great. I can play nice in the sandbox. And I know you feel the same way. Christopher Smithman. God bless you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, God bless you, Brian Thomas. People can follow me on social media media at vote Smitherman. And I appreciate you. If we I hope we'll talk again. Oh yeah, if by chance we don't. But if by chance we don't marry Christmas to you, okay, I know we will. But by chance we don't marry Christmas.
Speaker 3: Okay, brother, love you, brother, tell us and best of health. I love your entire family. Seven forty four five care see the talk station. Plump typ plumbing. It's always plumbing done right. You can call plum type plumbing whether you're in northern Kentucky or in the Dayton area Cincinnati. They serve the whole region because well they do plumbing right. They live by that motto and they are great at customers service, they're great at communication, will take wonderful care of you and your home. They're respectful, and they are outstanding licensed plumbers. Thank you for all the listeners who relied on plumb type plumbing. I keep hearing from them. I get emails all the time. Oh yeah, they did a great job. I got an email the other day. They're upstairs working right now. They're doing a great job. I thought that was pretty cool. But it is exceptional customer service. It is actual license plumbers doing the residential plumbing work, and they do the emergencies as well. Love the joke about my raining chandelier. I thought that was the most peculiar thing. It's like, what in the hell's going on upstairs. This is before the bathroom remodeling projects, so it had nothing to do with that because plump Tight did the bathroom remodeling plumb work did a great job on that of course too. So give him a call five on three seven two seven eighty four eighty three. That's five one three seven two seven Tight t I t E Online. You'll find him at plumtight dot com.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: Man if you're suffering from your jock, your morning news on the way to work at all day in fault.
Speaker 13: Check in throughout the day.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc D talk station coming up on eight oh six.
Speaker 3: Here fifty five kr c E talk station right time. I was fishing everyone a very happy Tuesday. And thanks again to Dan Carroll for covering for me yesterday. Always a pleasure having him cover and I know it does a wonderful job. And understand he had a conversation with brad Winsterrip yesterday, so I'm gonna have to go back and check out that podcast. You can find that at fifty five kr SE dot com. Also my conversation with Christopher Smithman Orlandossanza on at the last hour at seven oh five on immigration. And right now it is time. Every Tuesday, at this time we get the inside scoop from bright Bart. You got a bookmark at Breitbart dot com br E I T b Art dot com. Great reporting there, most notably by Joel Pollock, who's return of the program to help us unfold the fall of Bashar Alissad in Syria. Welcome back, Joel in a very happy Tuesday. Tell you good to heavy back on great very complicated situation unfolding in Syria. It's like the fall of the Berlin Wall. What's next? Mischarlisad obviously an extremely violent and murderous individual, has been involved in a civil war in his country now for going on thirteen years. It seems like there's multiple factions that have been fighting against them, and it looks to be like one of those the enemy of my enemy is my friend. So while you had everyone sort of uniformly going after Bashar al Assad and fighting him and his collectives, backed by Iran and Russia, looks like Iran and Russia both kind of pulled the plug on their support and that led to all the almost immediate fall of the charl Assad. He apparently has now fled to Russia, who's giving him sanctuary. But what becomes of Syria now that these multiple factions are now seemingly left sort of in charge. We've got a while to work this all out, Joel.
Speaker 8: Well, Syria is a disaster. It's going to continue to be a disaster, but at least it won't be a disaster that helps Iran. True, and what's been happening over the last forty eight hours since the Assad regime fell has been a number of things. First of all, you've got the rebels trying to consolidate power, and they're going to Assad's prisons. They're opening them, emptying them. Political prisoners are being released. This is the part that people are celebrating because Asad ran these torture prisons. There are Lebanese Christians who were imprisoned in Assad's jails for decades after being arrested in Lebanon for activism against Syria because the Syrian regime occupied Lebanon for a long time. So there are some scenes of rejoicing and so forth. At the same time, there are reports of attacks and atrocities and other incidents happening, especially in the minority communities in Syria. The Asad regime was terrible for everybody, but he posed as a protector of Christians and other minorities. He himself was not a Muslim. He was from a minority sect called the Alowhites, who lived primarily on the coast. So the Syrian regime said that it protected minorities. Of course, as I mentioned earlier, they imprisoned Lebanese Christians and were certainly not kind to the Jewish minority. In Syria which fled, but there have been a lot of concerns about the fate of the Kourds, the Christians and the Alohites and so forth. And then you've got Israel, which is using the vacuum of power in Syria to destroy whatever is left of the Syrian military. Israel has been conducting hundreds of air raids every day. According to reports, the flight of F fifteen aircraft is just constant over Israel, as the Israeli Air Force takes off almost as soon as it lands to go bomb something else in Syria. They're avoiding civilians, which is why you're not hearing about civilian casualties in Israel bombing. They're even avoiding the rebels. They're not avoiding they're not attacking the rebel military. They're not attacking troops, but they are attacking equipment and they're attacking chemical weapons production facilities. So what they're doing is they're removing any threats that the rebels might be able to get these weapons into their hands, and they're also removing any air defenses that Syria might use to defend Iran from a potential strike on Iran's nuclear program. There is a possibility given that there are only about five weeks left, but before President Trump takes office five or six weeks, Israel may use that period to knock out Iran's nuclear program. Iran is now defenseless. They've lost Hesbola, They've lost Syria, They've lost Hamas after starting a war with Israel on October seventh last year through Hamas. So Israel is now going to take the opportunity to make sure that Iran can never become a nuclear power. Potentially, but Iran has no air defenses and now it has no advanced warning. In Syria, the Israeli Air Force dominates the Syrian skies and will do so for the foreseeable future. I'll tell you something really interesting. Less than three weeks ago, I was in Israel and I was standing on the slopes of a mountain called Mount Kramon. There are two mountains in northeastern Israel, and the goal on heights. One is called Caramon, one is called Hard Dove or Mountain Dove. Mountain Dove is a flashpoint between Israel and Hesba. Hesbola had been attacking places on mountaind Dove, and in fact, a couple days after I was there there was a drone attack on the troops that I had been with. But Mountcharmon is an even higher peak. The Israelis have a milagey very based on the side of Mount Carmon, and the Syrians for over fifty years had a military base on the top on the very peak. So the top of Mount Caramon was Syrian and that was under an agreement to In the nineteen seventy three war that Syria started with Israel. On Sunday, the Israeli special forces took the peak of the mountain, and the Israelis now take They now occupy the peak of Mount Ramon. So the Israelis have that peak of the mountain that I was standing on. I was just on the on the side near the peak, but not at the top. So now they have that mountain, which is crucial for Israel's defense against drones and rockets and so forth flying in from Lebanon and from other places. So I don't think the israel Is going to give.
Speaker 1: Back that territory.
Speaker 3: No, they will. If I had to make a production, I put it all in on them keeping the entire to the goal on heights. That is strategically, That's why Israel needs it because it looks down over the country and it represents an easy opportunity for anybody with rockets military base up there to launch an attack on Israel. So the strategic significance cannot be understated. But let me let me ask you this. I've been kind of puzzling over this and just wanted to get your reaction, Joe Pollock. Had the Iranians not and I presume on some level, the Iranians approved the attack coming out of the of gaz On Israel. Had that October attack not occurred, would this situation be where we are today in Syria?
Speaker 1: Well, they did, they undermine the daily.
Speaker 8: Wouldn't have because the October seventh attack prompted Israel to respond by declaring that this would never be able to happen again. In order to do that, Israel had to take out the threats on its borders. So no one would like to say that the October seventh attack was a good thing, but it did force the issue. I will say this also, it wasn't necessary that things happened in precisely the way they did. But had the Biden Harris administration been stronger in its response, had they allowed Israel to do what it needed to do. Had they also put pressure on Iran instead of sending billions of dollars to Iran, then October seventh itself might never have happened. So you know, how much further fact do you want to go? But you know this wouldn't have happened and didn't happen under Donald Trump. Not that aside again would have been good to keep in power either. It's just that what happened here was the Uranian regime was able to do whatever it wanted to do because the Biden Harris administration allowed it to. And the only reason that you're seeing has Bolla defeated and the Syrian regime collapsing is because the ordinary Israeli decided they were never going to allow this to happen again. It wasn't like Nishinnyahu decided. In fact, when I was in Israel in October twenty twenty three, just after the October seventh attack, I talked to people who were joining their reserve units going to the military after the call up. They were preparing to go into Gaza, and the determination of the Israeli people to make sure Hamas could never harm them again. Was so strong that if they didn't invade Gaza I, remember they hadn't gone in at that point. If they didn't invade Gaza I felt like the army would have turned around, gone back to Jerusalem, overthrown Ntan Yahu, and then gone into Gazaah. The Israeli people keep in mind also who's fighting in these wars. So Israel has a very small, regular professional army. It's an army of conscripts. Everybody goes. To call it an army of conscripts is to belittle the enthusiasm with which Israelis go to the military. Aside from religious Israelis and a few others, many Israelis are very pleased to go to the military. They're drafted, they have to go, but they're very excited to go. And people serve in the reserve units until their mid forties. So a lot of the fighting right now is being done by ads with small children who have jobs and careers, and some of them even live overseas. They may be working in the United States and Europe. To get the call up to go home, and they leave their families for months at a time. Those are the men and sometimes women who have won the war. They are just determined never to allow the situation to happen again. So the face of the Middle East has really been changed, not fire Turberty seventh necessarily, but by the sheer determination of the Israeli people to survive and to make sure that they can never be attacked again.
Speaker 3: Well, and I certainly understand that and is an amazing thing to behold. I guess in many respects, I kind of think about like the Ukrainians and they've called up and got literally every person who's still alive to join the army to try to defend the country with obviously not a whole lot of success right now. But moving back over to Israel and the situation in Syria, I'm wondering how much influence we have, the Turkish influence, because they have a vested interest in making sure their border with Syria is secure, and maybe whatever future administration runs Syria they're going to have some involvement with it. Iranians look like they're completely out of it. The Russians looks like they're completely out of it. I guess I just wonder, you know what future lies in store for Syria because these rebel forces there are a lot of Islamic fundamentalists in there, which is not a good thing for Israel and a lot of the other countries that are surrounding it.
Speaker 8: Well, we don't know what the future is to Syria. The likeliest future is that it remains a disunited, divided place. The Turks are going to probably take some kind of territory that they want to come to the Kurt. The Israelis have moved their military, as I said, onto the peak of the mountain and into the buffer zone that used to exist between Israel and Syria because they need to protect themselves against the rebels. And who knows whether this Islamist ragtag bunch can administer the country. I mean, if you had to make a prediction, and you would probably predict that it ends up in civil war for quite some time, because there are a variety of factions there. Yeah, And you know the problem is, I mean this morning's headline in Politico, the Biden Harris administration is thinking of changing the terrorist designation of the group that actually overthrew the regime, or the rebel group that led the rebellion. You know, this is a terrible idea. The same mistake they made with the hutis the fact that they want a country doesn't make them any less terrorists. You know these people. The leader is a guy named al Jabulani, which in Hebrew is al Golani. But he wasn't even born in Syria, but his parents are Syrian and he traces his roots. He says to the Golan, which tells you he's not going to stop at Damascus. He wants to take the Golan back from Israel, which Israel will never give back because it is such an important strategic territory. So the rebels clearly are trying to cause trouble. It's going to be a mass in Syria for quite some time, and you know it troubles me at the first instinct of the US under Democratic Party rule is to throw a bunch of money at them and hope it helps them.
Speaker 3: Well, who will be arming this dysfunctional, disparate, ragtag group of various factions. I mean again, I just I sort of maybe overstating the case. Iranian pulled the Iranians pulled the plug. The Russians pulled the plug. They were You know, I'm in large part responsible for a lot of the arms and weapons shipping in if the rest of the world just says, hey, you know, you know, we're not going to give any weapons of the Syrian rebels, And that would just be the end of it, wouldn't it. They couldn't launch any major offensive against Israel, or take back the goal on Heights, or fight off the Turks, as the case may be. They would just be a sort of a dysfunctional, impoverished third world country, wouldn't they.
Speaker 8: Well, the Turks are very much involved there. The Turks are probably going to make sure that these rebels continue to receive arms. We need to reevaluate, Yeah, we need to reevaluate our relationship with Turkey. They have been supportive of Sunni terrorism, particularly against Israel. They have hosted the Hamas leaders, they have given rhetorical support and other forms of support to Hamas, and they're also behind the Syrian rebels. You know, Yes, Israel destroyed has Bala, leaving the Asad regime defenseless. And that's not why Israel did it. Israel because Hesbola attacked it, right, But but it's also the fact that the Syrian rebels got a lot of help from the Turks, and that Airedwan sees himself as a leader of a Sunni Islamist revival, and the Turks may be involved in Syria in a very deep and nefarious way. So you know, that's why Israel is basically taking a buffer zone, even though you know, the odd thing is that Israel and Turkey until Airediwan were actually good allies. But Airedwan, he's an Islamist, does not want to work and play nicely with Israel, so he's basically making advances in Syria. The United States has interests there. We have troops there to counter ISIS. But there are some ISIS branches that are involved in the Syrian rebels, so we're probably going to have to maintain some presence there. Trump may say he wants to pull them out. That could happen, but then what happens to the Kurage, who have been our allies against ISIS. So look, it's going to be a mess. The only thing I can tell you is that Iran has lost. Iran has lost the most important forward buffer and staging base that it had for its terrorist operations. The Iranian regime is very, very vulnerable. The Iranian people are great friends of America, and it would be incredible if the regime would somehow disappear and a new pro Western government would take over in Iran. Then we'd have a real ally there to help counter the threats that might emerge from disorganized Syria. But we'll see. For the meantime, Israel is destroying whatever military assets the rebels might have hoped to get their hands on, and we'll just have to see it. And the Biden administration again, of course, is trying to shovel money at them. You know, if humanitarian aid, let's get some eight. You know, this is the same mistake they made with the uties. They took the uties off the terror lists so they could send Yemen a bunch of money, and look what happened. People like we were screaming, you can't do this, you can't do this. We've got a US Navy base across the strait from Yemen, you know, and of course they disrupted international shipping and continue to do so. So you know, there's no sense of reality among the bureaucratsy staff these Democratic party administrations. But we'll have to just see.
Speaker 3: Really makes you wonder why ultimately, Joel Paul Ott Rightbart dot Com book Market, Joel, I love having you on the program. I appreciate your thoughtful insight, and we all have our you know, metaphorical popcorn out as we wait to see what happens in Syria. We'll talk again real soon and keep up the great work at Breitbart.
Speaker 8: All right, thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Eight twenty two fifty five Kirstee Talk Station. Get in touch with Chimney Care Fireplaces, Dove and I'll put it off. People lit their fireplace for the first time and maybe you found out you had a problem, Mike, I know you did. He is gas fireplace and first time you let it, Oh, the house start to get smoky. What's going on? Well, phone called a Chimneycare Fireplace in stead of scheduled appointment to get that looked at, because it could be very, very dangerous, which is why I always say get a carbon monoxide detector. But beyond that, you got to think of your safety. So have one of the professionals from Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove inspect your chimney thoroughly, whether it's connected to a free standing stove or a wood waste peal of stove or just your standard run of the middle. And yes, gas fireplaces as well need a thorough inspection. They do literally everything tuck pointing, cap and damper replacement, uh sweeping of course, and have them clean your dryer event when they're out there, or just call them for that alone.
Speaker 1: Chimneycareco.
Speaker 3: Dot Commerce where you'll find them a plus the better business Bureer have been that way for years and years. Local un and operated since nineteen eighty eight five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five to one three two four eight ninety six hundred de talk.
Speaker 1: Station Hey thirty on a Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Regular listeners know it is that time for the Daniel Davis Deep Dive talking to retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis about Oh my god, the whole world's coming unglued almost overnight. The world has changed, kind of like the fall of the Berlin Wall in Syria. Welcome back, Daniel Davis. It is a pleasure to have you on, particularly in these very interesting times.
Speaker 11: Well interesting times is an understatement, Yeah it is. It is a lot of chaos and lots and lots of uncertainty.
Speaker 1: That's a fact.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's the bottom line. Everybody's got their popcorn out to find out what's going to happen. After the fall of basharoloside. Obviously he's been in civil war for thirteen years. The Iranians are heavily involved, the Russians are heavily involved. You got the Turkish involvement, you got the Israeli situation because you know the goal on heights and the issues there. It's just in a mess. Charlie Foxtrot, I think out of accurately summarizes it.
Speaker 1: But Ba Charlot's side, bad guy.
Speaker 3: So nobody's really that disappointed that he's gone, considering his murderous regime. But what is going to fill the void here? We had multiple factions of different organizations, some of them are the lo most fundamentalists, and Okay, so the way I've been viewing it, and please correct me if you think this is an inaccurate assessment, the enemy of my enemy is my friends. You got all these different factions who are more than happy to sort of fight collectively the Bashar al Assad regime. But now that he's gone, who fills the power void? Yeah, that's exactly the right. One hundred percent agree with you.
Speaker 11: I think your assessment is spot on because we had seen you may recall when the Obama administration had tried to affect the regime change in Syria with Bashar al Assade, and we were, you know, funding all these allegedly moderate rebel groups which were nothing more than offshoots of al Qada and several other kinds of violent Islamic agreements. But hey, we were engaging in the friend of my enemy of my enemy is my friends situation. So we were funding all the But you famously remember that some of the Obama CIA funds went to one group, some of the Obama Pentagon funds went to another group, and then they end up turning on each other, and so they were as distracted as anybody else. Well, this guy here appears to have figured out how to solve part of that problem by getting all these different factions working together, or at least he assembled enough factions that could effectively work together. And so they did, and then they started this march. But then, because of the absolute rot of the internal security forces in Syria, they basically just marched on the capitol, not unlick the Taliban did against the Afghanistan security forces because of the rot there, and there wasn't even much fighting. And it was very similar how those two things came about. But now comes the real question. This guy is saying. Jolani, the leader of the HTS that was the umbrella group over all this has said, you know, hey, we're kind of modern now. We just want to govern. We don't want to know start this Islamic caliphate that's going to suppress all these people, all these Christians and drus and you know, other kinds of minorities. They're fine, We're not going to harm them. But that's not what he said earlier in his career. In twenty fourteen, he said almost exact opposite.
Speaker 1: So now it's going to depend on what happens later on.
Speaker 11: I'm guessing that he's going to act like a good guy for now. But we'll see if this coalition holds together as you just mentioned, and then we'll see whoever comes out. Do they still have that same moderate view or do they go Talibanesque and start changing when they get into power.
Speaker 3: Well, during this period of absolute dysfunction, I mean I just talked with Joe Pollock from Breitbart, and the Israelis retook that base that Siria had and the goal on heights, which of course helps Israel in terms of its security. The Turks now have an opportunity to advance into this you know, disarray, this this defenseless region. And they've of course had their eyes on the situation for a while. And the Turks, I understand, will be very influential on a going forward base is to see who actually comes into power. The Iranians, it looks like they pulled the plug. The Russians looks like they pulled the plug. So you don't have them coming to the aid of the sad regime. And I'm not sure where either of those two countries thint to the equation now, because their hands seem to be full. I mean, I guess I'm just kind of at a law. That's why I say, am a popkar. It's going to be out for a long time on this one.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 13: See.
Speaker 11: Interestingly, so Israel has done more than just you know, secure the gold on hots. They're actually, as of this morning, continuing to move closer to Damascus, and we don't know how far they're going to go yet, how much territory they're going to take, what they're gonna do with it. They have been bombing incessantly throughout Syria and destroying all kinds of ammunition deposed weapons, e posts, basically just crushing the ability of anyone to rise up to even use this for the foreseeable future. Right then in the north you have the Turks who have been the actual Turkish army has been making some in roads and they've had true in Syria for a long time, and there's Turkish back group. Here's the biggest problem for US is moving more aggressively against the Syrian Democratic forces, our proxy. So you have two NATO countries has proxies going against each other in the north east part of Syria, and this just has a lot of opportunities.
Speaker 1: To go bad.
Speaker 11: There's already a lot of bad blood between the US and Turkey on a number of other fronts, and you know, obviously Turkey and Israel are not on the best of terms as well. So there's you may need a bucket of popcorn for this one.
Speaker 3: And maybe it's fair exactly well insofar as the Turks concern, is this a potential opportunity to perhaps right the ship a little bit in terms of our relations with Turkey. Could a Trump administration sort of you know, diplomatically reach out in an effort to you know, forestall the Turks supporting some radical Islamic form of government in Syria.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 11: That's going to be tough to do, because the air to one is an opportunities and he will exploit any and everybody he can, and he'll work with somebody only to the extent that it gives him benefit. And if Trump doesn't come in and have some benefit for him, then he's probably not very willing to do that. And Trump has got a difficult task to navigate with the Syrian Democratic Forces because does he just say, okay, everything that we've done up to this point, to include when he supported them during his first term, that now he's just gonna say, okay, well, aired one wants to so you guys are all on your own.
Speaker 1: We're gonna withdraw all our guys and good luck to you.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 11: I will say that that should be the first thing he does, is withdrawer troops for our sake. But it's gonna be it's gonna I don't deny, it's gonna be a tough play to what do you do with the Syrian Democratic Forces? Do you give them some other kind of support? Do you negotiate something with AIRED one? And what if air to one doesn't do it and they literally kill thousands upon thousands of the Kurds in that area.
Speaker 3: It could get ugly, very ugly. And insofar as israel I know, they've been striking chemical weapons facilities, rocket missile arsenals to to you know, again take away any ability of whatever future government might have to launch it again. Some have suggested that by doing so, that frees up the airspace and gives them free reiin to hit Iran and maybe wipe out the Iranian nuclear program during this period of time before Trump's takes over. Any thoughts on that theory, Yeah.
Speaker 11: There's I mean practical whether that was the intention or not, that certainly is the effect because now then there's no Serian to even worry about what the air defense or anything else, and they have destroyed much of what might have existed on top of all the other targets that they've been servicing. But and you've had Jack Keen on Fox News a couple of days ago, it recommend exactly that that Trump should go in and basically go to war with Iran, which I'm one hundred percent against. That is not a good play. We do not need to go to war with Iran in fact, what all this has shown is that Iran is substantially weaker than we thought, and now they're even weaker still the area. Oh, they are no threat to us, so going to war with them gains us absolutely nothing and could cost us a great deal.
Speaker 1: So we can contain them. We do not need to go war with Iran.
Speaker 3: Well that I like hearing that, because I don't want to engage in another war. But let's face it, the Israelis told the Biden administration where to go. They went and defended themselves. They went into the uh Uh to Gaza. They dealt with the the Huthis and the Hama or Hesbala and Hamas very successfully. So maybe maybe Israel just decides, you know what, well, Iran is weak, while Siria is decimated, We're just going to blow up ourselves some nuclear facilities. So there's that. There's that military angle. But then there's also the question I have burning in the back of my head as I read about the Israel strikes on the on the chemical weapons facilities. Isn't there any collateral concern about blowing up chemical weapons facilities and releasing the chemical weapons out into the atmosphere. Same question goes for radiation when you're bombing all these centrifuges. Is that is that a legitimate concern.
Speaker 11: I've but that also causes me to be a little skeptical that there are all of these chemical weapons factories, you know, and all the places here, because that's exactly what you would see you released into the air. It can't be any other way, and at least so far, and there's plenty of international organizations that monitor that stuff.
Speaker 1: That we haven't had any reports of that.
Speaker 11: I think all the targets up to this point have genuinely been military targets the regime. I mean, I'm talking about tanks and artillery pieces, conventional weapons depots, arms depots, et cetera.
Speaker 1: So I don't think that's going on.
Speaker 11: I will say though, that let's don't get too much ahead of our sales on the Israeli success, because they have had enormous tactical success, it's spectacularly so. But the medium and long term issues because none of the issues that will caused ten to seven, for example, have been resolved, and a lot of the civilians that have been killed in Lebanon and in the West Bank, in the Gaza, there's going to be some medium and long term difficulties for Israel to have to navigate what's happened as a result of those, so they're not out of the woods by any stretch.
Speaker 3: Daniel Davis Deep Dive. Enjoy talking to you every week, and wow, we've got an entire year's worth of conversation just sticking with this one subject matter. You know or maybe not. We're gonna find out together again. Your bucket of popcorns out, mine's out, and I will enjoy another conversation with you next Tuesday. Between now and then, my friend will encourage my listeners to search for your podcast, Daniel Davis Deep Dive and tune in next Tuesday for another another discussion. Take care of my good friend, always my pleasure, my friend. See you next week.
Speaker 1: Take care.
Speaker 3: It's a forty fifty five KR. See the talk station. Got my buddy John Roman coming out. You're gonna be happy you're hearing hearing from John Roman. He's this terrific guy. And a better way to get medical insurance, saving the heat loads of money and I meantime Zimmer heating and air conditioning.
Speaker 1: They got the.
Speaker 3: HVAC system twenty two one hundred dollars savings on the Carrier Comfort System brand new Carrier Comfort System from Zoo Heating and Cooling. So if yours is belly up or it's on its last leg, you can see that coming. Why not take advantage? I mean, I call twenty two hundred bucks a lot of money and Zimmer it can help out their customers for more than seventy five years. Third generation and family ownership and an operation. You give Chris Simmer a call, they will take great care of you. Safe, efficient, comfortable, That's what your house will be. And we all know about emergency situations. You don't want an emergency situation, but if you do, you just call Carrier and set that up. They'll be happy to take care of it twenty four hours day, seven days a week. So turn to the experts at Zimmer and get that cool carrier, warm carrier in this case comfort rebate twenty two hundred dollars. Christomber can be reached to five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. Tell them I said, Hi, five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. Online you can schedule employment and learn about more of the services they offer, including the maintenance programs, which is a great idea.
Speaker 1: It's go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio staf Asia