Speaker 1: By Bofo the fifty five care cited talk station Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Said was a vacation.
Speaker 1: Yes, Sir Danny. Danny Gleeson today covering for the vacation in Joe's Tracker. You believe that, Danny. You believe Joe Tracker actually went on a vacation. Yeah, I know. I didn't believe it either until he actually said I'm going on vacation. It's like his first one in twenty years. So he's I'm sure he's not listening to the fifty five carre same morning. Sure right now, he's probably found something better to do in Florida, and good for him for doing that.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: It is Wednesday's listener lunch. Wednesday gonna be a Wiedam brew how Widham and Brewery in Saint Bernard. Great spot, fun times, good food, the beer is great and fellowship. It's fifty five Caresey Listener lunch. He'd been to one, you know, the fellowship is nice. Looking forward to seeing Westside. Jim Kiefer, he's already confirmed he can be there, as well as the former vice mayor of the city of Sin Sint Christopher Smithem, And he told me he was going to be able to be there. Only confirmations I think I've gotten so far, a few others from others, but I did inquire as to whether Melissa powers Him and Kenny Prosecutor can make it. She can't, although I do believe she's going to be at Anderson Pub for the last one before the election. That'll be the first Wednesday of next month, so you marked out on your calendar two Anderson Pub and Grill for the final pre election listener lunch. Usually a great turnout for that one. But regardless of the number of people, I always always always enjoy the fellowship of meeting the listeners and quite often losing to cribbage. Cribbage. Mike, I think is going to be there as well today. Anyhow you're invited. Just look it up on Facebook weedam in brew House or weedam in Brewery you'll find it. Saint Bernard can't miss it coming up with a fifty five case Morning show seven o five with Adam Kaylor and studio latest on the campaign as well as that's his campaign of course running for Himununty Commissioner, but also the signature campaign for Tom Brinkman's issue regarding pulling six hundred million dollars out of the railroad fund and putting it in a separate investment fund to generate income to pay people's real estate taxes in the City of Cincinnati, a proposal that my initial reaction was, now, I don't like that, but then I thought about, well, it takes away the ability of have to have provole on the leftists on Cincinnai City Council to use that money for like shiny stuff and things, when, of course the ongoing joke has been Fred needs his street fixed, as do so many other residents of the City of Cincinnati. Core structure has been falling apart for decades under the decades of Democrat run cities of Cincinnati, and things haven't turned out real well for a lot of residents. Safety and infrastructure, you get a little, you get a handle on those, and people will really really knock the doors down to what to move in the city of Cincinnati. So many opportunities in the city in so many ways that opportunity has given the well the folks who run it. I'll go ahead and blame them multiple folks over the years. Anyway, Adam Kayler in Studio seven to five will have him for a couple and then followed by Steve Bosco and Lisa listen from the Climate Climate County Veteran Services. Sadly, we have to discuss suicide awareness. There is a painful, painful thing to know that American veterans commit suicide at a much higher rate than the general population. Not that the figures from the general population or anything to smile about. Lots of mental health issues, a lot of challenges, and veterans have their own unique set of challenges. We're gonna be talking about that with Steve and Lisa at seven thirty. I hope you can be around for that. Hamilton, speaking of Milissa Powers, Hamilton County Prosecuting Melissa Powers joins the program at eight oh five. I forget her for not being at lunch. She's got meetings and she's got a lot of things going on. Of course, with a campaign in full full swing, we'll be talking early voting as well as juvenile justice with Hamilton County Prosecuting Melissa Powers. Eight oh five for that, and then it being Wednesday. Judge in Napolitano, Now the Feds are spying on Congress. Huh, those who have sown the wind shall reap the whirlwind, citing Hoseiah eight verse seven. That's how he started out his column. Federal antipathy to compliance with the Constitution is well known and well documented. Always enjoy our constitutional discussions with Judge Anapaula Town and I hope you do as well. Remember anytime you can't listen live, he don't know what at fifty five Caresey dot com, get the iHeartMedia app, listen to the podcast, and uh, hey, yesterday's show posted up there, So if you want to pull up that, please feel free to do so. And also please feel free to call number here five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three Talk found five fifty on AT and T phones. Man, we got all kinds of things to talk about. Armed Venezuela and gang members now after taking over complexes in Colorado now taken over an apartment complex in Chicago. At least that was the nine to one one call in an hour after the police finally showed up in response to the nine to one to one call that armed Venezuela and gang members taking over the Chicago apartment complex. When they got there, apparently they had already fled an interesting reaction though, that's really the sum and substance of it. You know, thirty two armed Venezuelan gang members overtake apartment complex in Sanctuary City, Chicago. There's the blaring headlines from the Gateway puned it, which of course is a very very very very very very conservative leaning outlet biased strongly conservatives, and I would say two biased. Sorry, Maureen, I know it's your favorite site, but you know, quite often they really do take it over the edge, much in the way you know MSNBC know their left wing sites take it over the edge. I just say it out loud so people are aware that I'm aware of the sites that I'm looking at and their political bias. But they do have the nine to one to one call listed there. Caller mentioned stairwells and the building are filled, creating a potential safety hazard. Response officers were dispatched to the sixty one hundred block of South King Drive after receiving reports of a large group of migrants allegedly armed and congregating the building's courtyard. Upon arrival, officers conducted a thorough search. However, according to officials, no migrants were found in possession of weapons or motorcycles and no immediate threat was identified. Again, the cops showed up an hour after the call came in. Some were lambasting the media for just merely reporting what the police didn't find when they got there. They didn't an interview the residents in the area or the folks that actually live in the building that was overrun by, well, the gang members. It's that same gang that is outside in Aurora, Colorado. The spillover from the mass of immigration into into Colorado, specifically Denver, and so Aurora being close to Denver, is getting a lot of the spillover illegal immigrants and they're having some problems there, as we've talked about just the other day. But I thought this some people I just don't think you want to mess with. And there's a viral video going around. It is a statement directly from I don't know who this guy is, but he issued a threat to the Venezuelan gangs. One Chicago resident. He posted a video it's on TikTok, expressing concern about the gang violence, the rampant gang violence that could break out unless the Venezuelans are swiftly removed, which you and I can probably presume that will not happen. But this guy warns the Venezuelan gangs that they are in for a kind of a tough ride if they continue to terrorize the residents of Chicago and maybe getting them, in his words, chopped up, if they don't stay home to all that. This is what he says to all Venezuelans in Chicago. If you ain't on all that BS not his word, I'm abbreviating for the purposes of sec compliance. Stay neutral. If you know someone in that building who is not who is in on that BS, don't let them run in that building, because once word gets out that that's the building they're in referring to the Venezuelan and ill Grant migrant gang members, they're gonna chop that B word down. You better just stay in the house, he says. So I don't speak Spanish, take this with a grain of salt. If you like this ain't Colorado, this ain't Utah. This ain't like none of them places. This is like where you are from. The only difference is you use a lot of handguns and old revolvers and machetes and s word, we got switches. If you're not familiar with what a switch is we will show you and would. He said that quite a few times over and over in a very threatening way. And he also asked that his statement, since he doesn't speak Spanish, be pleased be translated so the gang members understand what he is saying. And by switches, there is no question in anyone's mind he's referring to the yes, illegal but widely available and ubiquitous glock switches. And if you're not with the lock switch, it's a very small part, easily manufactured, probably on a three D printer in your own home. If you want to make one, it will make your glock handgun fully automatic, very inexpensive part that would be illegal. This is me telling you don't do that. And it roughly yeah, you know, twenty five to fifty cents per round, and that magazine will be completely empty after about one second using it. It's expensive. This is why I don't like fully automatic firearms. Just like it just not only is it kind of difficult to control the firearm itself when it's in fully automatic mode, but I know the price of ammunition. I'd rather squeeze them off one at a time. But at any event, it was it was not just a veiled thread. It was, if you mess around, we are coming after you. I don't know if this guy's a gang member, but I saw his face and I heard his words, and I would be a little concerned because there are already organized gangs and territories in Chicago, a whole bunch of them. And if you're the new kids on the block, you're the new migrants in the block, and you come in and you're trying to take over a territory, in this particular case, one building. At least, this guy is telling you there will be consequences, so keep your popcorn out.
Speaker 4: On that.
Speaker 1: Self defense, it could be. I suppose, it just depends on how the circumstances unfold. What I see is a mess andy, potentially bloody mess situation we've created here. And it's odd because the Biden Harris administration is now negotiated with the Mexican government bus passage through Mexico using the CBP one asylum app. Yes, negotiated with the Mexican government, So they're gonna get migrants buses. They sign up for the CBP one app, they get on a bus, and they are brought to the border here in the United and let into the United States. That's a summon substance of what we've got, free travel services made by appointment, brought to you by our government. So maybe more of the gang members will show up, and we'll have a little gang war situation going on in the city of Chicago, and sadly maybe coming to a theater far too close to you and me here in the greater Cincinnati area. Five one happy Wednesday. Since I mentioned guns and gang violence and the threats to the Venezuelan gangs, do better not mess with the gang members in Chicago. What is described as a significant legal victory for Second Amendment advocates a federal judge this is amazing. A federal judge has ruled that Illinois ban on carrying concealed firearms on public transportation is unconstitutional. Wonder if the residents of New York are were going to be able to carry on their subways. US District Judge Ian Johnston or Lane Johnson, I apologize I responsible lawsuit by four Illinois residents who argue the state's Firearm Concealed Carry Act restricts unfairly their right to self defense. The judge agreed, said the rule bands violates the Second Amend the rights of citizens who carry, who hold concealed carry permits, and they do. In this particular case, case challenged the provision of the Firearm Concealed Carry Act prohibiting firearms on any form of public transportation, including buses, trains, and related facilities. Players argued in the lawsuit that banded In fringes on their constitutional right to bear arms, particularly as they did have valid concealed carry licenses. Judge Johnson's decision noted that the state failed to demonstrate an American tradition of such regulations that would support the prohibition, referring back to, of course, the Bruin decision, which pointed out that regulations restricting the bearing of arms have to be consistent with the historic tradition of firearm regulation in the United States as it existed when the Framers created the right the Second Well didn't create the right to the Second Amendment. They acknowledge your god given right to defend yourself is, in essence what the Second Amendment is. Go ahead, take yourself back to the state of nature. You're born into a field where there is no government. How many rights do you have? You literally have all of them, including the right to defend yourself against like wild beasts and animals and people who might do you harm. That's the point anyway. Judge pointed out the right to carry firearms for self defense is not limited to the home, and that there is no historical basis for banning or carrying firearms on public transportation, stating the state's arguments which tried to draw parallels between modern public transportation and historical regulations. Sorry, not convincing. And it's pointed out the planets in the case had refrained from using public transportation as much as they would have liked because they're afraid they'd be prosecuted criminally because they had their well concealed carry permit and their concealed carry firearms. And they say the Illinois Attorney General, Kwame Raoul, who happened to be one of the defendants in the case, says that he can't appeal the decision. Maybe they will, It is certainly possible. So at least you got that going for you if you're in Illinois. Now subject to review by a higher court. But that would actually give me a great deal of comfort. I've been the victim of an attack on an Illinois Chicago subway. Not a fun day for me. Got clubbed over the head by an angry baggage carrier from United Airlines. She refused to let me sit in the seat next to her, which was empty, with the exception of her very small purse. I did not abide. I sat there anyway, and it did not result in a pretty outcome anyway. It was that was the moment in time when I realized. This is after my wife and I had already decided we were moving back, you know, told people I was leaving, I'd accepted a job, we were getting ready to sell the house. And I'm on the subway and I'm thinking to myself, I won't have to do this much longer. I'm moving back to Cincinnati. And that happened, And it was at that moment in time I sort of smiled to myself, in spite of the fact that I got clubbed over the head by this woman's purse on her way off the subway. Yep, we're doing the right thing, moving back to the city of Cincinnati. By thirty on a Wednesday and a halfy ones eave listener Lunch Wednesday, say Bernard Weedam and Brewery five on three seven hundred eight two three talk time five fifty on AT and T phone go to local stories. Got a person dead under several others taken to the hospital after a three vehicle crash and having a Batavia. Yesterday afternoon, Ohio State Highway Patrol sent and release first responders dispatched a State Route thirty two and Harold Road about two pm. Investigation preliminaria determined a man driving a Chevy Sonic southbound on Harold crossed into the intersection, was hit by a woman driving a Lincoln Navigator on State Route thirty two. Sonic then crashed into Infinity q X sixty specifically stopped northbound on Harold Route. Driver the Sonic treat of the scene for minor injuries. One passenger, a fifty one year old Tassy Sherman of Lanchester, was taken to the Clarmont County Mercy Hospital pronounced dead. Another passenger listed as a seventy one year old woman taking the UC Medical Center with serious injuries. Highway patrols of the man are the woman rather driving the Lincoln Navigator in her eighteen year old passenger also taking the UC Medical Center, but with minor injuries. Driver and passenger in the infinity were taken to Bethesta North with minor injuries, and that crash remains under investigation. Sure the Highway Patrol would love to hear from you if you know anything about that one. Oh my god, what are we going to do? Northern Kentucky University no longer has an Office of Inclusive Excellence. Emails sent to students last week, university president doctor Katie Short Thompson announced that NK used Chief Diversity Officer, a person named doctor darry DARRYL Peel, stepped down. She also told students he decided to dissolve the Office of Inclusive Excellence, which is described by a university spokesperson as an office that quote ensures the principles and practices of diversity, equity inclusion are embedded into all aspects of university life. I guess bad idea anyway. In the email, short Times you mentioned conversations involving the diversity equity inclusion happening across the state. University of Kentucky announced a similar change their DEI office earlier in August. She wrote the circumstances under which universities across the Commonwealth in the country find themselves. Coupled with the legislative priorities of state leaders for the upcoming session, require universities to change. Republican State Senator John schickel And, for his part, has been an outspoken criticism of the DEI office. Local news WCPO received the statement from Sickle thanking NKU for eliminating the Office of Inclusive Excellence. This decision is supported by myself and widely supported by the people I represent. The office, despite its intentions, was a driving force. By removing an NKA was taking a significant step towards fostering a more cohesive and successful educational environment by judging students on academic excellence and not their race or gender. All right, step in the right direction, I imagine.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: Look, Molson and Corps have also scrapped their woke DEI policies. It's a trend, folks. Everybody seems to be going on that durrect action. Anderson Township Residents is going to be voting on public safety levy November could increase property taxes. Township says its fire department has seen a thirty one percent present increase in calls for services since twenty sixteen. The last time officials asked voters for more public safety money, Levy would keep services at their current level and comes down to an additional nineteen dollars and twenty five cents a month on your property tax bill for a property valued at two hundred thousand dollars. Township officials credit the higher volume to a growing senior population, reporting that residents fifty five an older, account for thirty or seventy three point five percent of its EMS responses choices. Let's see school prank. Maybe Anderson Township trustee Josh Girth considers this a crime? What are we talking about? He shared on Facebook. At the Anderson and Turpin classes in nineteen ninety four were having a reunion at the American Legion Post on Wilmur Avenue Saturday the twenty fourth. A four foot tall Spartan wood carving on loan from Turpenzach Athletic Director director was in attendance. Post says that about eleven PM, attendees moved the reunion inside, leaving the Spartan carving outside and it was taken. Garth said, the forty to fifty pound statue has a lot of sentimental value. I was hoping that someone was just playing a practical joke or holding it for ransom. But unfortunately, now that a week has gone by, that does not seem to be the case, he wrote on Facebook. Gert saied that now a police report has been filed, there's a reward for any information leading to the whereabouts or it's safe return. You have any information, you can contact him on Gunty Sheriff's Office or Josh Girth directly is number five one three eight three, three thirty ten. It's important five thirty five forty one. If you have carcy De talk station, Happy Wednesday. If you have a stack of stupid in front of me, but I got a caller online, I'm gonna take the call. Five one three seven fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two three talk Time I five fifty on AT and T phones. Hank, Welcome to the morning show. Happy Wednesday to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, send to you. Brian, you were talking about di and I'm wondering how rusty your college Latin is.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 6: Dei is also a word is in de or d I as in God in Latin as in deity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're right, and I can't remember it's die or Adi.
Speaker 6: I didn't take Latin, so I'm pretty sure it's Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's DEI just like the left. You like it, but to me, DEI stands for didn't earn it.
Speaker 1: I've heard that before.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well that's about all I had to say that, and don't vote Democratic.
Speaker 7: Here you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just looked at a day is like Agnes Day, lamb of God. So yeah, you're right. And I suppose in some way, shape or form me it is a form of religion for them, isn't it. But you're right, did not earn it anyhow. Thanks for the call, brother, appreciated. Feel free to call yourself. Let us start in the stack of stupid with what is described as a sidistic urologist who is facing now a massive number of lawsuits. Brace yourself, folks. I'll do my best to work within FCC compliance. I have never read a story about this much exploitation of people. More than one hundred and fifty male patients are suing what they're calling a sadistic former. Thankfully, top city urologist, a guy named Darius Paddock pa d uh, making this the largest case involving male victims now totaling three hundred and ten by a single abuser. According to the Lawyer's Planet's lawyer Anthony di Patria, speaking with The New York Post, Darius Baddock exploited more male patients than any predator in history, saying the doctor abused what is believed to be thousands of victims and survivors. Apparently, they say and reading the Post article, that depravity knew no bounds. According to a disturbing account shared to the Manhattan Supreme Court, filings with victims ranging from retirees to minors, Among other things this pervert would do, he would inject to serim into some victims' penises to force erections for long periods, perform penyle enlargements that led to disfigurement, conduct cytoscopies without anesthesia, and force some patients to get on all fours for humiliating supposed exams. During some of these sessions, this doctor walked around with a pen would point to parts of the patient's nude body as if he were acting as a professor. According to the court papers quote, it's worse than I could ever ever have imagined, said one mother of one of the most recent plaintiffs said it devastating news were nearly killed or would and she learned what happened. He was the rested in April last year, criminally convicted of may on thirteen counts of sexual abuse in federal courts, now facing up to sixty years in prison. At some points, the abuse took place in front of nurses, assistants, and even other physicians. According to the allegations in the court pleadings, his attacks under the guys of necessary medical care included instructing patients to pleasure themselves in front of them, or him pleasuring himself in front of his patients, often while playing pornography. He would sometimes measure his patients aroused penises and use what are described as phallic shaped sex toys on them. One heartbreaking patient saw this guy for more than a decade, in state that he was just seven years old when it started. Another victims thirteen. One victim said Paddock squeezed his penis so hard that it was bruised for weeks afterwards. One plaine off claimed the doctor prescribes so many needless medication that he went into liver failure. One fifty six year old patient lay in the examination table quote, doctor Paddock unzipped his pants and told the man that he wanted him to see what an aroused penis look like. This continued from apparently twenty seventeen until he was arrested in twenty twenty three. In July, Judge rejected an effort by this guy's lawyers to dismiss and seal the massive class action lawsuit brought by the plane off's attorney that one hundred and forty three new victims are not currently part of the class action have filed individual lawsuits. Well ri out of time, but we're just going to go ahead and let that guy have the biggest douce of the Universal Award without playing. At five forty six at fifty five kr C Detalk Station fivefif five KRC Detalk Station, Brian Tumlins RN of the Stack and stupid, We've got plenty to talk about, and then Adam Keyler returned at seven oh five. Get the latest on the campaign. The signature campaign on parking some money to help city's residents pay for the real estate taxes. Should be interesting to see how that one goes. They got enough signatures over to more doctor Shenanigans in the Stack of stupid Here, Alabama, husband died on a Florida operating table when the doctor mistakenly removed the man's liver during a surgery before the surgeon attempted to pass off the organize and an enlarged spleam William Bryan his wife Beverly visiting their rental property in Oklahoosa County, Florida last month, he began experiencing lower left abdominal pain. Seventy year old muscle souls. The resident went to a mentioned Sacred Heart Emerald Coast Hospital, where he was admitted for further test over concerns about an abnormality of the spleen. General surgey doctor Thomas Shang Shaknovski and doctor Christopher macconnie, the hospital's chief medical officer, persuaded the family for Brian to undergo surgery at the hospital or he could experience serious complications if he left the hospital. According to the lawyers from his firm, Brian agreed with the doctors underwent a hand assisted laparoscopic spleen actomy. In the middle of the surgery, Shankovsky removed Brian's liver by transacting the major vascular supplying the liver vasculatures supplying the liver. Surgical cut resulted in immediate and catastrophic blood loss, resulting in death. After erroneously removing that guy's liver, the general servant surgeon labeled the organ as a spleen, which was only identified as the liver after the man's death. Doctor Thomas Shanofsky accused of removing Brian's liver during an operation on his spleen. According to his lawyers, proceeded to explain to Beverly Brian that her husband's spleen was so diseased that it was four times bigger than the usual one had migrated to the other side of his body. Inside the human body of the liver's located on the upper right side of the abdominal cavity, just below the diaphragm and above the stomach, right kidney and intestine. The spleen happens to be on the left side, upper left side of the abdoum, next to the stomach, Significantly smaller than the liver and roughly the size of a fist. Wow, the future of medicine. I wonder if he was a DEI hired Danny. You know, you know, Merritt had nothing to do with his advancement through the educationation system. You were thinking that, weren't you. I know, I know, and you look what they're doing in med school. They're just all they're doing is teaching a bunch of woke ideology and letting people move in without the requisite necessary core skill sets. I hope you never have to go to the hospital. Fifty five fifty five KRCD Doalk Station, Go for it to call five one three seven hundred eight two three Dog Pound five fifty on eight and T phone. Oh really, just real quick here because I hate eating contest. I think they're a wretched excess. Joey Chestnut won the hot dog eating contest again, beating Tekharu Kobayashi. Chestnut ate eighty three hot dogs in ten minutes. Ah, that is so wrong. Fiveifty five ify five car CD Talk Station, be right back after the news. Plenty to talk about coming up on six O five and fifty five kr CD Talk Station. Brian Thomas Cher wishing you very happy Wednesday, and a reminder which I'll be doing throughout the morning. Listener Lunch todayt Wheedaman Brewery and Saint Bernard great spot, great food, always great fellowship at listener lunch and one more update Jeffrey He's gonna be making and my friend Jeffrey so I just got a Facebook message from him. We're all invited. Everybody can show up and I hope I get to see you today.
Speaker 2: Coming up.
Speaker 1: Adam Keayler one hour from now in studio late Us on the campaign he's running, running for County Commissioner. A great guy he is. And of course that signature campaign, the effort launched by Tom Brinkman to get this six hundred million dollars out of the railroad Fund for the purpose of helping residents of the City of since Pey their real estate taxes. We'll see how that campaign's going. And just still laughing about the whole concept. At seven point thirty, we're gonna hear from the Clemont County Veteran Services Steve Balsko and Lisa Listen will begin to talk about and sadly that we have to talk about at suicide Awareness. At eight oh five, Hamilton County Prosecuted Melissa Powers on early voting as well as juvenile justice. And finally Judge Annapolatano at eight thirty. So excuse me, there's your line up this morning. Reminder fifty five caresy dot com gets your iHeart Media app where there so you can stream the audio wherever you happen to be, listen to the podcast wherever whenever you want the entirety of the I heart Media content. There is a lot of content there, so get the app and enjoy it. Feel free to call Love Love when listeners call five one, three seven, eight hundred and eight two three talk Don five fifty on AT and T phones. Let us start with and see what Bobby's got this morning, Bobby, thanks for calling. Happy Onesday to you, sir.
Speaker 7: Happy hump Day, my brother, God bless America. I got one question before you, missus litigator. The word democracy. We hear it every minute of the day on the left under the Declaration of Independence, our Constitution, our bill wrights, book upon book of all the US codes, including the Oath of all this. That word is not mentioned.
Speaker 1: One time because we live in a republic, thank you.
Speaker 7: So why do we keep here? These Marxists lift wing fanatics keeps saying that we're all threats to.
Speaker 1: Democracy because they take us for idiots. Bobby, that is either that reveals their level of stupidity, or they think we know so a little about the structure of our own government that they can get away with calling it a democracy, which it absolutely is not. We live in a representative form of government. It's a republic. That's why we take all this time and elect people who make decisions on our behalf as bad as that may be, handing over the keys of our lives and the people who want to micromanage everything. At least we get to vote them out of office. But we don't get to vote on every issue. If we lived in a true democracy, every damn thing that is out there in the world we would all get to vote on. And can you imagine how bad it would be if we did live in a true democracy.
Speaker 7: I've got one other thing, base flagged family and firearms.
Speaker 1: You know, brother, if you have those, you always say a predom Amen to that, Amen to that. I appreciate your call, Bobby and your observations. Bobby is correct. We do not live any democracy. Let us see here over to Tech Friday every Friday at six thirty. I hope my listeners know that it's really important. But I just saw this article and it is, you know, and there's some other related points to it, but how just unbelievably easy it is to manipulate us generally speaking, and how these tech companies are obviously very politically biased. We turned over to Amazon's Alexa, and I would never own one of these. I find them to be extraordinarily creepy, especially given there's another article about Yeah, your phone may very well be listening in on you. There's been a daily mail website report about a leak from a marketing firm name a Cox Media Group showing how the company's active listening software uses artificial intelligence to collect and analyze quote, real time intent data close quote from consumers by listening to their conversation through the microphones on their phones, laptops and home assistant. So you got that big brother element going on, which is something I always think about when I think about Amazon's Alexa or any of these other things. Turn on the radio or do whatever, and it's listening to your like, okay, is it listening all the time? Is it listening to everything I'm saying? Because you know, I don't want that big brother thing going on to my home. So I just presume that that is exactly what's going on, and so I don't have one. I manage fine without one. But if you have one and you ask it for information, it depends on who you're asking about, but you're gonna get some pretty biased information. Amazon Alexa when asked why to vote for Republican Donald Trump or why to vote for Democrat Kamala Harris. When asked, quote why should I vote for Trump? Close quote, Alexa's response, I cannot provide responses that endorse any political party or its leader. Fair enough. Tested by Fox News Digital another time, similar answer when I asked about Trump, I cannot promote content that supports a certain political party or specific politician. Furthermore, Alexa said, I do not have the ability to provide information regarding the policies of the US government. The responsibility providing information regarding the policies of the US government lies with the government itself. I guess that's fair enough, But contrasts that when you ask about Kamala Harris. Directly afterward after receiving the response about cannot promote content supporting a particular party. When asked specifically about Trump, Alexa, who was asked why someone should vote for Harris. Interestingly, Alexa had a different response while there are many reasons to vote for Kamala Harris. The most significant may be that she is a woman of color who has overcome numerous obstacles to become a leader in her field. Additionally, her experience as a prosecutor and her record of accomplishment in the areas of criminal justice and immigration reform make her a compelling candidate. Close quote. Can you reconcile those two different responses? Fox News reported in another incidents when asked Alexa, why should I vote for Kamala Harris? Alexa response, While there are many reasons to vote for Kamala Harris, the most significant may be that she is a female of color with a comprehensive plan to address racial injustice and inequality throughout the country. Now, that's two instances in which female of color became It was the most fundamentally important reason, at least in the minds of the programmers of Alexa, to vote for a person. Does being a female of color qualify you? Does being a male of any color qualify you? No, they don't. The color of one's skin does not matter in terms of whether you're qualified to hold higher office or any other given position. Maybe a doctor or a lawyer or anything else. It's your education level and your accomplishments along those lines, and your ability to deal with the problems associated with any particular role you're trying to achieve. And what is her comprehensive plan to address racial injustice and inequality throughout the country. Alex apparently knows what her plan is and has information about it. If I was talking to this damn thing, I would to say, well, can you explain plex, Please explain what you mean by Kamala Harris's comprehensive plan to address racial injustice and inequality throughout the country. What do you mean by that? And what is the plan? Because so far she hasn't articulated a damn thing about what she's running on, basically running away from her prior record. She's on record for why vote for Kamala Harris, questioned Alexa. Another time, Alexa responds. Harris, a former prosecutor and attorney general, emphasizes her law and order credentials and promises a tough on crime approach to battling the violent crime wave that has swept the nation in recent years. Has she said that she was in favor of defunding the police she funded organizations, was bailed out bad guys after they got arrested. This is just like whole cloth made up. I love this. After Fox News Digital reach it out for her comment, and Amazon spokesperson admitted an error their word that has since been corrected. Spokesperson speaking with Fox News Digital, this was an error that was quickly fixed. Nuh. Now in Alexa's that's the voting for Harris, it says, I cannot provide content that promotes the Pacific p Ah, the same answer you got well before the fix that it gave you for Donald Trump. You see the bias in this any at all? No nothing to see here. And moving over to Elon Musk and RFK teeming up yesterday pointing out where Kamala Harris was on the record, Kamala Harris wants to shut down the X platform fka Twitter unless it conforms to government oversight ah, dusting off a clip from twenty nineteen Harris talking with CNN after a Democratic presidential primary debate where she was blasted on social media for directly speaking to millions and millions of people without any level of oversight and regulation. Something she said, has to stop social media speaking directly to millions and millions of people without any level of oversight and regulation is bad. She said, that has to stop.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the numbers were for Kamala Harris's CNN interview. I would be willing to guess it was millions and millions of people that tuned in for that. I know millions and millions of people tuned into the Trump Biden debate before Biden's struggled with the coup attah. They were speaking to millions and millions of people. They were not directly regulated or in having oversight. There was a television camera that was just you know, reporting real time or showing us real time the words that came out of their mouth. Fact checker is hard at work the moment Donald Trump opened his mouth, and they're entitled to do that. But there's no regulation and oversight on his free speech or Biden's free speech or Kamala Harris's free speech. But if you go to X and say something that is supposed to be regulated, are they the only ones that get to speak freely about any topic without having someone analyze what they're going to say before they say it.
Speaker 2: Of course not.
Speaker 1: In a full interview Harris express her desire to see then President Trump's Twitter account fka Twitter right removed because of its negative impact on society. Here's a quote. And when you're talking about Donald Trump, he has sixty five million Twitter followers. He's proven himself to be willing to obstruct justice. Just ask Bob Muller. You can look at the manifesto from the shooter in El Paso to know what Donald Trump says on Twitter impacts people's perceptions about what they should and should not do. And isn't that what every politician does. Are they not out in the social world, speaking either directly in town halls to people on television, on radio, or through social media, trying to impact people's perceptions. Of course they are. That's what politicians do. I don't know why they're so afraid. Is social media that you and I can go out and say what we want and say what's on our mind. I do it day every day on the morning show. I don't have somebody editing my content. You are. And if you find something I say is erroneous wrong, you've got a different opinion. You just call me up and say, wait a second, Thomas, you got that wrong, And I'm like, oh, really, I'll do my best to correct the record if I'm caught saying something that's inaccurate, but I'm never going to try to lie to you. But when you compare this Alexis story to this general fear that so many politicians have over your and my free expression and exchange of ideas, Yeah, there's some horrific stuff out there, some absolutely horrific stuff. And I'm not trying to defend in any way, shape or form, you know, child pornography or anything that involves abusing children. But if you want to exchange your free exercise and talk about politics, if you want to share some insane position like from each according to his ability, to each according to his need a la Carl Marx, knock yourself out, because I know there's a million people out there. They're going to respond to you telling you what an idiot you are for believing in those concepts. There you elevate it to debate, but no, they don't want to have that conversation. They want to control the narrative. They want to have checks and balances in place so that when you ask, well, I don't know, Alexa about Kamala Harris they'll give her rave reviews and rewrite her history and tell you how awesome it is. But if you asked about Trump, we're going to remain neutral on that topic. That's what you get when the government runs things some bias, and we all know what happened, uh previously with our lettered agencies being present within Facebook and present at the former Twitter before Elon Musk bought it out, controlling what you can and cannot read and what you can and cannot post. Six nineteen fifty five Krscity Talk Station, Cribage. Mike's on the phone, bike hang on kcit de talkstation, Happy Wednesday. Maury wants to know if you haven't Alexa, ask about Kamala Harris's relationship with Willie Brown and let us know what it tells you. Well played. Let's go to the phones. Got cribbage, Mike on the phone. Cribbage Mike. Am I going to see you today at listener Lunch.
Speaker 3: Brian Thomas. I can think of no better way to start every month.
Speaker 1: Sir, fantastic. I'm looking forward to take another beating and cribbage from you. So I'll do my best.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you'll always do try. I would like to thank you very much for promoting the recent lung An Air Show this past weekend. It was a tremendous turnout, beautiful weather both days. The centerpieces this year was a B twenty five bomber, which was the exact aircraft used in Doolittle's raid, and our B seventeen which our good friend Bob Doolan was a navigator on. So to see those two pieces of living history and still flying is is just awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Tom Pop, Cheryl Pop's husband was the announcer for the air show, and he had a great line during the flyover and I posted it on Facebook. Unfortunately he couldn't hear what he said, but basically during that very thunderous overhead flyover, and.
Speaker 1: You may have heard it in your neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he basically said, lateist and gentlemen, that's what freedom sounds like.
Speaker 2: Ah, that is beautiful.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, there is nothing like those old World War Two aircraft. Man, So you've at the beginning in one. I'm sorry, have you flown in one?
Speaker 4: I have?
Speaker 3: I got up close and you know, to look at the cramped environment and as a submariner, I'm telling you they in some instances they had it more and worse off than I did. And I cannot imagine flying in battle with all of those tail gunners and bella gunners going off and the flack. I just God bless those people. And yeah, especially the ones that came.
Speaker 1: Home basically a tin can too. It's not like that. Absolutely any kind of protection whatsoever, none, none.
Speaker 3: And as Tri State Honor Flight, we we have boost man there and I want to thank everybody that made donation or purchased our merchandise, but also that we had so many prior guardians and veterans come up and thank us, and of course we thanked them for their service as well of what a tremendous time they had on their flight. And we use those funds or turned right around to support our mission of sending these veterans to Washington, DC, you know, to see their memorials free of charge. And if there's any parents and any teachers listening right now, we're within two weeks of our next flight, so Tuesday, September seventeenth, So once again, if you want to see living history, be over at CBG at nine pm and welcome these veterans home. It'll be an experience. And Brian I know you've been there, you know what it's like. It's it's something you'll never forget.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not one of the greatest things you'll ever do. And you know, even just going to see the welcome home ceremony is something to be hold in and of itself if you can't make it on an actual honor flight. So go ahead and do you know, and I know you'll be calling the morning show and reminding folks, and probably Cheryl Pop will be on to remind us about the honor flight as well as we get closer. But thanks to the advance heads up on that the seventeenth of September, and it is a truly amazing experience. Groubage, Mike, thank you for your service to our country. I appreciate you calling up and it's the least I can do to help promote events like that, abscularly the least appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: It's nice to be in a position to be able to promote him. Six twenty six fifty five care CD Talk Station one fifty five can or see the talk station every Wednesday. Danny Gleason covering for the vacationing Jus tracker. Dan It always says a great job and appreciate being there, Danny, not too Your work schedule hasn't changed too much being here in the morning show, has it. I know you normally get up. I know you're just in a different studio. I'm glad that they loaned you out to me. Anyhow, over to local stories, feel free to call if you prefer talking, or you got a subject matter you want to talk about, Let's go to Avondale. One day before an Abondeale murder suspect was charged, she posted videos to social media showing the shooting and what led to the gun gunfire. Since i police have charged twenty three year old Akira Fletcher with murder an Filonius assault for a July twelfth shooting that killed Naima Norton, who was twenty nine and injured another. One happened around two thirty of the morning July twelfth and the rear farking lot behind Avondale Town Center Norton onstead of you See Medical Center. On August twenty six, four days after her death, Fletcher posted the videos to Facebook. She was booked into the Hamilton County Jail the next day. In the Facebook post, she said she called police July twelve, asking for them to please send somebody. Quote. I was being punched in my face, rockstone at me. Now you trying to get in my car. She busted my driver's side window out and attack me. She can need to trying to get into my car and stab me, and I let her hit me while I was on the phone with nine one one asking for help. That's a quote from the video. Lecher's first video shows her exit her vehicle and exitter vehicle to a woman pulling a knife out of her vehicle tire and then throw a rock at her. Fletcher continues to claim the woman and her cousin are slashing her tires. At this time, Fletcher says that she has a gun in her purse. Shortly after Fletcher's back windshield was shattered, Fletcher then exits the vehicle in an argument ensues before she re enters her vehicle and attempts to leave the parking lot. And the second video, Fletcher's Driver's side window had been shattered, and she continues to repeat You're going to jail. As Fletcher and the two women continue to argue, one woman reaches through the broken window to grab Fletcher. Fletcher then fires off four gunshots before exiting the vehicle. Criminal defense law attorney Carl Lewis said while social media media videos may appear to provide context, there are still other things attorneys and court systems take into account. Whether or not the state or that the defense believes that a video has been posted as prohit probative that if it's brought into court, then I'd say very well. The concern which you have is, like anything else, chain of custody. Has the video been doctored, has it been altered? Is there something that you want to show that should not be shown anyway? Fletcher currently held in the Camelton County Jail, doing court for the first time on Friday. Police send investigations on going. If you have any information homicide, it would love to hear from you. If five one, three, three, five, two thirty five forty two, Six people including three children and the driver of a school bus taking to the local hospitals after two vehicles crashed in Elmwood placed before hitting the school bus corner to the fire Chief, no children were on board the school bus. Thankfully, children injured when one of the other vehicles involved with the crash. Officials say the driver of a silver Ford Suv driving on Township Avenue at an excessively high rate of speed before they hit another vehicle that was trying to make a right turn on Sycamore. After the crash, the silver suv veered in front of the school bush bus, which then hit the van. Elmwood Place officials said three children approximately between the ages of two and six in the back seat of the silver van taken to the hospital with injuries, thankfully not life threatening. Driver of the school bus and the driver and passing to the silver suv also taken to the hospital with injuries. Official said the person driving the van was seriously injured and all the other injuries were considered non life threatening. Nobody had seat belts. That children were not in car seats in the sa CUV, according to Chief Randall Newsom, which is the point he wanted to make. They stressed the importance of ensuring children and adults are always properly buckled up, and crashes and crashes like this show that you never know what may happen. Of course, don't we all know to wear seatbelts by now, especially children six forty government six forty one to fifty five pair CD talks Nations, Mart Thomas wishing you a very happy Wednesday, inviting you to call five one, three, seven four nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk Tip by fifty on HT and T phones and inviting me to stream the audio and get your art media app while you're over at fifty five kre sea dot com and check out the podcast while you're there. Let us see here why not COVID relief money? What a scam and what a massive, massive, massive amount of fraud. Now to two things. I had to stack a stupid article. I don't need to really dive on into it too much. We got a Maryland pastor actually is going to be serving eighteen months in prison as well as a period of time on probation because he fraudulently obtained more than three and a half million dollars in COVID nine nineteen relief funds. The Paycheck Protection Program. US Attorney's Office and District of Maryland pointed out that CARES Act provide emergency financial assistance to Americans suffering from the economic consequences of COVID nineteen authorized forgivable loans to small businesses for employee retention and certain business business expenses through the paycheck Protection programs. And apparently this pastor Rudolph Brooks participated in his scheme to fraudulently obtain the PPP loans and used those loan proceeds for his personal ENRICHMENTD three and a half million dollars worth. He bought a fleet of luxury cars, among other things, and he admitted it, so why he's in jail. And then there's Jacob Laine, who is described as a Republican strategist based in Illinois, pointing out some similar shenanigans going on. If you said, if you're ever in Danville, Illinois, why don't you cruise, buy and check out the new thirteen million dollar water park thanks to the money from the American Rescue Plan Act at twenty twenty one m Danville Aquatics Center. He notes the funds that built the new water park were intended for COVID nineteen recovery efforts. Sadly, the questionable expenditure represents a small fraction of the one point nine trillion dollar American Rescue Plan, one of the plans pumping trillions of dollars into an overty, overheated economy that has caused inflationary realities for all of us that were still struggling with law allocated three hundred and fifty billion dollars specifically for emergency funding the state, local, and tribal governments, which ultimately ended up building things like the Danville Aquatic Center. American Rescue Plan funds have been used in questionable ways, he points out. In New Jersey, Governor Phil Murphy spent fifteen million dollars of your labor in the form of debt on promotional efforts to attract Soccer's twenty twenty six World Cup to New Jersey. How does that relate to COVID nineteen anyway, he doesn't main twenty million dollars to modern modernized fish atcheries. North Carolina stole fIF or five million dollars to the development of the Moonshine Walking Trails. Moonshine Walk is that like the Bourbon Trail. Arizona, for their part, spend seven million dollars to boost horse racing. New York used two million dollars. Well, Ron Wilson would like this when at least they planted thirty six hundred trees in Broward County, Florida, commissioners well one hundred and forty million dollars to build a twenty nine story luxury hotel, and as mister lane Wright's most absurd, nearly two billion of American Rescue Plan funds were earmarked for non existent county governments in Connecticut and Rhode Island. Let that sink in, He says, It's hard to say what's more embarrassing about this oversight, That so much federal money was allocated to phantom administrations, or that not a single member of Congress did the research to verify whether these county governments existed. Two billion dollars folks, they points out billions and spent on purposes unrelated economic recovery from the past pandemic. Under the law's guidelines, state and local governments were restricted using funds for only four categories of eligible expenses responding to the adverse economic effects of COVID, providing additional compensation for essential workers, restoring lost revenue, and advancing critical infrastructure projects like water, sewer and broadband. None of the foregoing World Cup promotion, fish hatcheries, the Danville Aquatics Center, none of that, says. Danville received a total of twenty six million dollars in American Rescue Plan funds and allocated half to a water park open only three months a year. This is one of the reasons, out of a multitude, why I hate big government programs. It is literally impossible to assure that people are complying with the law. Now, my question out loud, since they busted the pastor who stole three three and a half million dollars to buy a fleet of cars using PPP funds, will they go after city of Danville or any of these other states for spending money on things that had no damn connection whatsoever for COVID, in other words, were way beyond the confines of the appropriate use of the of the money as written into law, passed or passed into law by Congress and the President. Don't hold your breath because I'm certain it's not going to happen. Six forty seven fifty five Krcity talk station. Oh the wouldn't it be wonderful to have some accountability? Oh? By the way, Dan Villinois, you o is thirty the American taxpayers thirteen million dollars because the water park has nothing to do with COVID. Six fifty three to fifty five cars cit detalk station Eppy Wednesday. Adam Kahler in studio, latest on the campaign as he runs for Hemun County Commissioner, as well as that signature campaign on the six hundred million dollars property tax vehicle or funds the case. Maybe we'll see how that's going. And a response from some Brad Winster but was earlier we speaking to Elon Musk and Robert F. Kennedy Juniors. Dragging back up to the top Kamala Harris's argument for regulating social media because social media sites directly speak to millions and millions of people without any level of oversight regulation, something she said has to stop. You mentioned specifically Donald Trump and is sixty five million then Twitter followers proven himself to be willing to obstruct justice. You can look at the manifesto from the shooter in El Paso to know that Donald Trump, what Donald Trump says on Twitter impacts people's perceptions and what they should and should not do. And I point it out that's what she does. That's what any politician does. You have the forum right.
Speaker 3: In.
Speaker 1: Congressman Winstorm says, well, wait a second, who influenced the guy who tried to shoot Donald Trump, who influenced the guy who tried to take out well as many congressmen and women as possible the baseball game, where thankfully doctor Winstrop was present and was able to help save lots. It could be anybody. It could be one of these nut job comedians with the severed head of Donald Trump in her hand. Right, nobody complained about, you know, censoring that it could be any one of the number of celebrities who have millions and millions of followers who made similar utterances about offering Donald Trump. Oh, we were only kidding, though, any one of the gazillions of people anywhere who talk about right wing extremists and evil racist Republicans and misogynists and blah blah blah, blah blah, none of which happens to be true in the vast majority of situations, but can be very influential, especially when you've got someone who has no grip on reality. We got the manifesto finally, from the twenty eight year old transgender student who killed six people at a Nashville Christian school. Remember that one. It's been released. This person was sick in the head, and when you read the manifesto, I don't know why they kept it away from this.
Speaker 2: I mean you end up.
Speaker 1: I mean, in spite of the fact that this person was an absolute, outright murderer of children. When you read things like you know, quote I'm a sad boy born with a puny vagina close quote, amongst some of the other ramblings and insanity in this manifesto, you say this person was sick in the head and needed help. And censorship of social media ain't going to solve the problem. People who are sick in the head and are willing to take a firearm and murder children or take a shot at a presidential candidate could be influenced by literally anything, anywhere, at any time. It's amazing how social media has become the big demon in all this, in spite of the fact that I will admit it's got problems. Six fifty seven fifty five KRSTEE Talks Station. Let's get Adam Kohler on the program. Keller's going to join us right at the top of the our News followed by Steve Bosco and Lisa Listen from the Cleremont County Veteran Services. Sadly, we need to talk about suicide awareness and we will do that at seven point thirty. I'll be right back, just shy at seven oh six. Here fifty five carose De Talk Station. Bryan Thomas wishing you a very happy Wednesday, inviting you to listen to lunch. Going to be a Weedaman Brewery in Saint Bernard and I'm looking forward to seeing folks. Heard from Cribbige Mike earlier, heard from Christopher Smithaman. He's going to be showing up of course, west Side, Jim Kiefer and maybe Adam Caller in studio to talk about his campaign running for Hammon County Commissioner. I hate to put you on the spot and I'm going to ask you, can you make a listener lunch today plans.
Speaker 8: I actually am doing a legoddess. It's a Catholic business owners group that I'm in. I'm doing a thing with them today. So yeah, good for you.
Speaker 1: That's prior plans. And of course you're on a campaign trying I understand do my thing. You've been at listener lunch many times, so you know what you're missing. Anyhow, without further ado, let's dive on into the situation. Of course, Adam is running for Hamilton County commissioner. Haven't seen really anything by way of activity from the current incumbents, kind of been maintaining a really low profile, haven't they.
Speaker 8: I haven't seen anything outside of them, you know, crying about the Frank LeRose proposal yesterday, with the whole ballot harvesting situation we got going on, That's the last time I've heard of them at all. I just don't think they have a whole bunch of energy or they maybe they just have too much confidence.
Speaker 1: Well, and a lot of people you know that we know Hamilton County has gone blue. I mean, no one can deny that we've got some critically important races here. And you know, I am in favor of your campaign one. I know you and I know where you are on the issues. I mean, for no other reason, jeez, we could use somebody with a different opinion or attitude than the lockstep leftist mentality we get from the commissioners, or really literally nothing at all, and that would cause me to move over to local reporting, because I mean, let's face it, do you ever read anything about what the Hamilton County commissioners are doing?
Speaker 8: You have no idea, nobody even knows what commissioner's jobs are they don't know. I mean, you're writ in the checks. A lot of money's coming in. We control the biggest budget in the area and a lot of that goes to the sheriffs, A lot of that goes to public services, the parks, things like that. But people don't understand how much power, essentially the Hamilton County Commissioners have. But you don't hear from them. They're like invisible for some reason. Everybody focuses on city Council, but the Hamilt County Commissioners have a lot of power to do a lot of things that could change the way money is spent. Your tax dollars are spent in this area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of the areas that I have heard. I don't know because I'm not Amilton County Sheriff, but I do talk to Sheriff Jim Neil quite our hopefully sheriff again. Jim Neil, of course, is running against our current sheriff, Charmiye McGuffey. But the whole kind of dei environment that is going on and that they're promoting that, and that means promoting people based upon maybe the color of their skin, or their gender, or their sexuality as opposed to a merit increase, and that is a morale killer. I mean it's just in every company in America. Once they've adopted these policies, you can see more and more have of them are dropping them. The minute it's revealed that they pursue these policies, someone points it out and the next thing you know, look, oh Molsen Cores has scrapped it's woke DEEI policies. There's a local article in the newspaper this morning about oh who was it?
Speaker 8: Well, which school Texas did a Duke University? Just did I believe Northern Kentucky University or the Kentucky Universe?
Speaker 1: That was the one I read. Their Office of Inclusive Excellence, which is the DII office, has been dropped. So it's being rejected more and more because it really profoundly impacts employee morale. I mean, if you're not working off merit then it's Katie bar the door.
Speaker 2: America is about meritocracy.
Speaker 8: It is greatness needs meritocracy. You can't And this goes back to the schools, Brian. The Cincinnati public school system is in complete shambles. If you didn't have these problems, I mean, you've got a forty one percent chronic truancy rate in the Sinsini public schools. We spend twenty one thousand dollars a student, two to three times more than what some of these.
Speaker 2: Public schools are charging.
Speaker 8: Yet we get nineteen percent college readiness rates those kids that are graduating. And I was one of mine, went to Cincie Public right, pretty much my whole entire life. They're not coming out of school prepared for these things. So why would you force a square peg into a round hole? The problem is the schools you wouldn't need DEI. If the schools were performing exactly.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't need it. The kids would be prepared.
Speaker 8: And if you're someone who's being forced into a job that you're not prepared for, you shouldn't want that position anyway.
Speaker 1: Greed, you're setting yourself up for your.
Speaker 8: Setting yourself up for failure. Why would you want something that wasn't earned?
Speaker 1: Right, which takes me back to the point I was hoping would be reality you mentioned and how much control the commissioners have. They're in charge of the sheriff budget. It's the biggest chance of money that the county pays out. Could they not have limitations on how that money is spent. In other words, none of this money can be ear marker used or otherwise for diversity, equity, inclusion programs and things, indoctrination programs and things of that nature.
Speaker 8: And you know what when I knew the Jim Neil was the right guy for the job was when he told me we don't need more money. I said, Jim, if I've become one of the Haml kind of commissioners, tell me what you need. Because crime and safety is one of the biggest problems in the county. People leave the county number one. I did a survey on Twitter the other day. The number one reason, I said, I've been in this city my entire life. If you left, why did you leave? Crime and safety was number one. Schools was number two. And I said to Jim, I said, you you let us know what you need. He said, we don't need more money, Adam. He said, we need to be more efficient, we need to be more proactive, We need to get into the community, We need to work with the people. And I said, that's the first time I've heard any right, any any police officer, firemen, anyone tell me they didn't need more money, right, And Jim's a Westsider. You know we are where, you know, hiding money under the mattress.
Speaker 1: Have a lot of the money we first earned, you know, the original the dollar that we first earned, still in our pockets. And that's just the way west Siders are typically very frugal with the money. But I mean that see his admission along those lines as a reflection that it's not the amount of money, it's how.
Speaker 8: It's spent one h and look at the waste. Like one of the things Brian and I would get so excited about this being a cheap Westsider who was raised by a grandma, little German, five foot tall grandma who grew up in the depression. I would love to get a third party audit, just to go look at the county's numbers, Go look at all the money we spend on. There's a DEI department. There's a DI department called the DEI department. They didn't even try to hide it in the county. Why do we have adi department? Are there a bunch of wealthy white college PhDs looking to get jobs at the county that we don't know about that we need to keep out of those jobs. It's it's government work, right, I mean, everybody can work in those jobs. So I mean you've got you've got just craziness going on. And to me, it's it's kind of a grift by Democrats to get people who went to college for BS degrees, liberal arts degrees just to find them positions.
Speaker 1: That it is the industry that was created whole cloth. It sounds like the green industry.
Speaker 2: It's what it creates jobs for people that have no other.
Speaker 1: Skills, right, Or you know, went to college and racked up fifty to one hundred maybe two hundred thousand dollars worth of student loan debt and came out with a degree in humanities or you know, human studies or whatever, just.
Speaker 2: Call it a degree in complaining.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go, that's what it is. So we got to create a new department to hire those folks because they don't have jobs or otherwise don't have anywhere to turn for gainful employment because the degree was pointless.
Speaker 8: Well, the vast majority of jobs recently, I mean, if you look at the employment numbers, those are government jobs that are being added. I know that a huge swath of those jobs, and you know the Feds looking at what job numbers. One of the reasons they haven't dropped interest rates recently is because the job numbers look good. What they've been told is that the job numbers are great, and then later on they reassess those numbers and they realize, oh, we had eight hundred thousand jobs added last year, right.
Speaker 2: But like jeez, leave. But when they first announced the numbers, they.
Speaker 1: Look one job and that was the figure out where we are in terms of j well.
Speaker 8: And here here we are kids can't afford houses. You've got an entire generation of people that can't afford homes because interest rates have been so high for so long. And then on top of that, the prices went up because for so long the interest rates were so low, you had people coming in buying if these houses, overbidding for them, pricing up the properties, and those property values have relatively stayed where they're at. So now you've got the Fed talking about maybe a quarter point reduction here in September, right in the wall streets looking for a half, right, but they're only probably going to get a quarter. And now you've got these high flying tech stocks that kept Biden looking good for so long. Those are taking a dump now, like in Vidia. People are looking at them and saying, look at the valuation of Nvidia. It's gone, it's out of control. You know that the AI hype is kind of wearing off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And to that point, I love the memes that I see on The typical question is comparing Trump to Kamala Harris formerly, you know, Biden, are you better off now or are you better off under Trump? And most, the vast majority of us felt like we were better off under Trump, and for no other reason. The price of gasoline, the price of groceries, in the price of housing. And then someone on the left side of the ledger will post the stock market and they'll show you where it was back when Trump was president and where the numbers are now, Like, what do you mean you better off now? You better off before? And I'm thinking to myself, well, you know, there's a whole lot of folks that have the biggest problem out there with the price of groceries, and they're on the life's lower end of the margins. They're the folks who are struggling. Generally, they aren't high paying, high falutin kind of job folks. They're not invested in the market, so you can show them that figure all day long. They only wish they had the extra money to be invested in the market. In the meantime, they're struggling to figure out how they're going to buy a pound of ground beef. Adam Kaylor you can find them online at Adam Kaylor k o e h l e R Adam Keller dot com. Run for County Commissioner. He's got some great ideas and I like where you are on the Hamilton County Sheriff's Department. And God bless Jim Neil. We got more with him. We're gonna get an update on the Tom Brinkman's idea, a signature drive to get six hundred million of the railroad money into a separate fund to help payple pay the real estate taxes. I just laugh every time I think about it. Stick around. We're gonna be right back with Adam fifty five krc DE Talk Station Brion Timas with Adam Kaylor in studio Adam koe e h l e r dot com. Find him online, help him out, get a yard sign and help bring some diversity. If I may be so bold and saying to the Hamilton county commissioners. I mean, Adam's already pointed out, you know, in charge of budgeting, we could limit how the sheriff budget is spent. We could cut away some fat in that. But moving over, since you are a city resident, and I know you've been following this the whole railroad sale. Of course you were against that. We led up to the sale of the railroad. So one billion dollars in a fund earning money. How that's doing, I don't know. But Tom Brakman comes up with the idea like, wow, everybody's property taxes went through the roof, like a thirty percent across the board increase, craziness, some seniors can't afford to even stay in their home. Obviously caught us all off guard. But he wants to take six hundred million dollars out of that fund and put it in a separate invested fund to help the residents of the city pay real estate taxes. Now, normally I'm against government programs like this, because you know, if you buy a property, then you should be in a position to be able to pay your taxes. But I did like the idea of taking that money away from the government. I have to have pur baal and since they city council, so they can't build another leg of the street car or whatever. So where do you know where we are in terms of how the signature gathering is going, or how people are receiving this or they in favor of it. What's the story on this out.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you they You know, I've been dealing with some people down in Salor Park and they love it. Most people in Cincinnati really like the idea. The problem with the city of Cincinnati is you got a lot of renters, so they don't understand why this would benefit them. And you know, as a landlord, if my property taxes go up, I'm going to pass that on. And most landlords are going to pass that on and tack on something because they see that as an opportunity. Oh well, property taxes went up, I'm gonna have to raise your rent, but I'm gonna have to tack a little something extra side to that. Right, So it does affect renters. But you're right, what are they doing with this one point six down here? What do we think they're gonna do with that?
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 8: A lot of people are saying, hey, they're gonna buld an arena with it. They're gonna do this with They're gonna do that with it. They've got some plan for that money. Right, do we trust city Council? Do we trust the Railroad Board? After they lied to us in the whole campaign, They completely lied to us about practically everything.
Speaker 1: Right, I want Fred's Street to get fixed and paved. You know, we got forty years.
Speaker 2: Where Sunset Avenue. Can you fix that one?
Speaker 1: Lord almighty, it's been a wreck for how many years?
Speaker 8: You take a left from Queen City on there and you need an alignment boom, Your.
Speaker 2: Shocks and everything are screwed, everything, you know.
Speaker 1: And I was obviously the absurdity of the American rescue plan. I was pointing out that you and I, as American tax players, under a rescue plan that was supposed to be dealing with COVID related problems, we ended up building water parks and paid for advertising campaigns for horse racing. And you know that's the kind of thing that money is supposed to be limited to existing infrastructure. It means Fred Street might get fixed because we got a billion six in the bank generating revenue. But do you trust them to keep it limited to something that already exists, like the streets, the buildings that are crumbling, the bridges that are crumbling, the things that they have left and neglected for decades and decades.
Speaker 8: Well, and Brinckman is really smart about this, and people are like, oh, Brickman, he's shaking it up.
Speaker 2: You know what they did at city council.
Speaker 8: They got rid of a property tax cap that had property taxes at twenty nine million dollars for twenty years. In twenty twenty two, six to nine, they voted to get rid of that property tax cap. Now it's creeping back up. I think it's at thirty two maybe thirty six million now. So at the same time they got rid of the property tax cap. When people are complaining about their property taxes going up, what do they do. They point the finger at Republicans in state of Ohio. They say, it's the state House's problem, it's the law. There's nothing we can do. They said that, Brian, there's nothing we can do. So what does Brinkman do. He does something about it. He says, we got one point six sitting here. He said, let's say we take six hundred million dollars out of that one point six. You told us UBS who's managing the money, told us that they're making six and a half percent on that money. Right, if you make six and a half percent on six hundred million, that's thirty nine million that pays property taxes, and then you have some leftover to roll back into that six hundred million dollar trust. It's amazing, which pays property taxes potentially indefinitely. You have good years and bad years. Right, this is one of the arguments we had to gain the railroad. The same problem with the railroad. You're gonna have the exact same problem in the railroad. So put it into a property tax trust. And then what does that do for the pr the city of Cincinnati. You've got people fleeing the City of Cincinnati, fleeing Hamilton County. Now you can say, why would you move to Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Columbus. You don't have property taxes to pay in city Cincinnati because there's this trust. Did Pittsburgh have a railroad to sell? Did Indianapolis have a railroad to sell?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: If you want affordable housing, you can come to the City of Cincinnati. I don't understand why city council wouldn't be behind this don't they want more people to move back to Cincinnati. Well, we're handing this to you wan a silver platter. This pr opportunity and whether or not it pays it forever. It's the idea that they are trying that somebody like Tom Brikman is out here saying, you know what, quit pointing fingers and actually do something for a change.
Speaker 2: And that's what this is.
Speaker 1: About, Adam Kle Will we have a chance to vote on that? If not by November, If they don't collect the next signatures, the signature campaign will continue. They'll collect enough at some point, so maybe on a special election, maybe in the.
Speaker 2: Spring, maybe December, January.
Speaker 1: Yes, well it's coming at some point and we'll all get a chance to chime in at Adam Kayler dot com, where you find Adam helps campaign out, get a campaign sign He is running for Hamilton County commission We could use a guy like Adam on the Hamilton County Commissioner board, so we get him some better ideas and some exchange of different concepts. Adam, You're always welcome to the studio, my brother. We'll have a good have a great week. We'll talk again obviously between now and November, So stay well and keep up the great seven thirty three coming up with seven thirty fourth If you above carec Detalk station. Coming up next, we'll hear from the Clemont County Veteran Services being the studio talk with Steve Balco and Lisa Listen about suicide awareness and I really wish we didn't have to talk about that very important topic, of course, but it's sad that the American veteran community is a statistically much larger percentage of folks that have suicidal audiation and commit suicide. We'll dive any details on that and hopefully help some folks out coming to the next segment. In the meantime, I got time for maybe one local story. Here's what it is. Brought up we were talking with Adam Taylor. Northern Kentucky University got rid of its Office of Inclusive Excellence. University Professor doctor Katie Shore Thompson introduced the nku's chief diversity Officer, doctor Darryl Peel, said a step down. She also told students he decided to dissolve the entire office, described by a university spokesperson as an office that quote ensures the principles and practices of diversity equity inclusion are embedded into all aspects of university life. Well no longer embedded, I guess since you don't have an office anymore. In the email, short Thompson mentioned the conversation involving diversity equity inclusion happened across the state. University of Kentuck, Kentucky announced a similar change to their DEI office earlier in August. According to her email, the circumstances under which universities across the Commonwealth and the country find themselves, coupled with the legislative priorities of state leaders for the upcoming session, require universities to change. Some are happy about it and some aren't. I happen to fall into the former category, so maybe your tuition will go down since they don't have to pay for people to work in the Office of Inclusive Excellence. Let's get some help from the American Veterans Talk Suicide coming up next with Steve Bosco and Lisa Listen from the Clamat County Veteran Services fifty five KCD talk station, trying to make it a happy Wednesday. It is happy because it's listening to Lunch Wednesday were going to be at Weedaman Brewery in Saint Bernard if you can make that, but tempered happiness, because we need to talk about suicide Awareness month. September is Suicide Awareness Month. And joining me in studio Lisa Liston. She is the suicide Prevention coordinator for the CINCINNIVA And on the phone, I guess stuck in traffic. Steve Belso, executive director at Clairemont County Veteran Services. Steve, can you hear me? Brian?
Speaker 9: Good morning to you.
Speaker 1: Good morning, wish you were here and I'm sorry you're stuck in traffic, but we will manage to muddle through. Let's start with you, Steve. You spent three years on active duty. How is it different for a veteran compared to active duty? And one of the things we always point out when we're talking about suicide awareness, the veteran community is different from the general population. I think a lot of it, and you correct me if I'm wrong, because I didn't serve. But from what I've learned over the years, it's you have that camaraderie, you have that built in team that you're working with. You're with them in the trenches, you're with them day in and day out. You're with them doing task. It's a very controlled environment. And to leave that and to go out here in the world, where you know, think life is different, that in and of itself can be extraordinarily stressful. Mike, am I even close on that?
Speaker 4: No, you're absolutely right. Let me give your listeners one correction. Not three years, but almost three decades.
Speaker 1: Decades, decades. I got notes in front of me, Stee. I apologize, Steve, I know that three decades, but.
Speaker 4: I had spent three at one point.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's great.
Speaker 2: You had three years and then I.
Speaker 10: Spent three years.
Speaker 1: Now three years, and then twenty seven plus more after that.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but you know what, it's right. You know what my shoes on so I can count.
Speaker 4: So let's let's yes, let's let's talk about that that veteran while on active duty, amongst his brothers and sisters, there is an intrinsic relationship again to the localized family. You have leadership above, you have brothers and sisters to your left and right. There is constant observant of one another, a recognition of attitude, ways to call one another to task.
Speaker 7: Hey, you're not acting.
Speaker 4: The same, are you? Okay? Right. There's ways to amplify help by taking it up the chain of command when when Johnny or Sally's not acting the same what was occurring. You know, we went from twenty two a day for years a veteran suicide and we're down to somewhere and Lisa will correct me with exact but somewhere around seventeen and a half nuts.
Speaker 6: We've made some progress.
Speaker 4: But the unique thing is on active duty, eyes are always on one another. It's when we leave that unit and come back home, no one's looking left and right, no one's looking out for John or Janey, and it's easy for them to regress back into a corner to become this stoic I guess presence dealing with the monster of whatever the stressor was, that's building inside of the individual, that's taking over the desire to live. And so it's so important that we are constantly talking about this though it's a drab subject, we have to talk about this that we get veterans to help that they need sooner rather than later.
Speaker 1: Well, and there's a proactive role family can take in substituting for the team that isn't there anymore that would recognize these things. But this also forces the veteran who's struggling with this to have to be proactive on their own behalf to seek out the help that they might need. And quite often I get the impression they're not quite sure where to turn. But they're also you know, strong, you know, humble, proud people who may reject the idea of getting any assistance to start with.
Speaker 4: Sure, you know, we have to get rid of the tagline that even thoughts of suicide is a weakness, and there's the vibrado of military members to tell me I'm weak. Is a is an attack against my armor. Suicide is against the very design of nature in society that we see. You cut down a tree, it wants to grow back. You cut off a branch, a new one wants to come out. The animal wants to live. That's why I say escaping. It is intrinsic and even society that people want to live. And when the monster inside is growing stronger than your desire to live, it's a medical issue going on. There's something that's not connecting well. That person needs to find that release.
Speaker 1: All right, let's pause for a moment. We'll bring back Steve Belzo And of course we'll hear from Lisa Liston, who is the suicide prevention coordinator, gets some ideas about how we can help and what we can do and what to look for like by way of warning signs, et cetera. If you want, if you have KCD talk station, September is Suicidal Awareness Month, and that's why we're talking with Steve Bellso, executive director of Comer County Veteran Services. But we're going to pivot over to Lisa Liston, who is the suicide prevention coordinator with the Insane VA. Lisa, it's a pleasure to have you in studio here today. IM glad you're able to make it suicide prevention coordinator. Let me go directly to the point. How's the Cincinnativa involved in helping to prevent veterans suicide? I mean identifying it's an issue we talked about with Steve a little bit about that. But how do you get in prevention.
Speaker 11: Well, there's a couple of things to realize, and that is, yes, suicide can be a very glum topic to discuss. However, what doesn't get discussed is how we can prevent suicide and all of the people who actually recover from suicidal thoughts. You can recover from it. There are many things that can be done. And the things that we do at the VA to prevent suicide would be we give out free gunlocks to veterans and families and organizations that would like to distribute them. So we want to make sure that every person who owns a firearms securely manages those firearms because what you have to remember in a time of crisis, when a person is suicidal is when they might be very impulsive.
Speaker 1: Impulsive, that's the reason, yes, right there, and it's too.
Speaker 11: Easy to just pick that weapon up and hold it to their head. So we want to make sure that they're safely stored stored as well as medications. Sometimes people forget about that we want to store medications safely or if they're not being used, to get rid of them because again, it would be too easy to pick up a bottle of pills and take it in a time of crisis.
Speaker 1: Okay, time of crisis, now, that's what we need to know about. What are the warning signs of suicide because you know, we might not be thinking that we need to lock up the meds or lock up the firearm, but what are we looking for in terms of signs.
Speaker 11: So you really want to be noticing when somebody starts focusing on death, dying, suicide. They might be writing letters. They might be I see this in Teivager.
Speaker 1: Giving their personal property.
Speaker 11: Giving things away, sending long text about how they're not going to be there. This is an interesting one holding unloaded gun to their head, because what you have to know is sometimes people participate in what's called habituation, and habituation is practicing for the event. So they will sometimes like the Golden Gate Bridge people, they have them on video where they will walk to the edge of the bridge kind of look over and then walk away, and then come back a little bit later, and now they've looking up over, pushing themselves up over the edge. Then may walk away again, but then the next time, now they've got their leg up over the bridge and ready to jump. So it's getting used to the thought of actually ending your life. So when even when you hear somebody say, oh, well, I really wasn't going to do it, but they had that gun to their head. First of all, we know many people die with supposed unloaded guns. But secondly, they could be practicing habituation, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So what what do you do or say to a veteran if they say they actually are having thoughts of suicide, suicidal ideation and they just outright want to kill themselves, right, So.
Speaker 11: The first thing you want to do is not become so alarmed that you scare the person, like, oh my gosh, let's call somebody right now, we're gonna you know, we got to cut the police out here. What you want to do is offer support and assistance. So if it's safe, you could offer, hey, how about you and I both go to the er. Well, you can te to talk to a licensed physician or clinician who can help you with those suicidal thoughts. Or you might say, hey, how about if I call the veteran's crisis line. I'll tell them what's going on, and then the responder will talk to the veteran and can help them that way, also encouraging them to get treatment. You know, not everybody, I'd like to dispel this myth, and that is not everyone who has suicidal thoughts automatically gets admitted to the hospital. Sometimes we can start them on medication, or we can get the into therapy and they'll be okay, and we'll.
Speaker 2: Work with them.
Speaker 11: Now sometimes it's even more severe where they really can't keep themselves safe and so we might have to have them admitted. But there's several options that are available.
Speaker 1: Well, I would think, and you know you're the expert, but I would think if someone actually tells you out loud that they're having these thoughts, that might be a cry for help. They are wanting to get that assistance. They're saying it out loud. They're not trying to catch somebody off guard, like, Okay, have fun at the movie and they come back home and they have committed suicide and they say it out loud, and maybe that they're looking for your help and finding help, right.
Speaker 11: And you know, sometimes people get caught up into well, you know, do they mean it, do they not mean it? Are they just saying this because they want attention? And I always say, you don't have to make yourself the evaluator. We just want you to get them to a place someone who is a licensed that could help them and figure out what really is going on. So calling the Veterans Crisis Line, which you know is the nine to eight eight press one.
Speaker 1: That's what I was just gonna ask you today.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, it's really excellent because you don't have to make a decision. Is this serious, is this not serious? Or maybe they're kind of vague, You're not really sure. Again, you don't have to be the evaluator. Just get them to someone who can talk to them, who will know.
Speaker 1: What to do. Nine to eight eight, then hit one after the phone picks up, and you're right there with the Veterans Crisis Line. Well, I tell you what, I can't thank you enough for Lisa for what you're doing every day to help veterans dealing with suicidal ideation families as well. And Steve, of course, you know you're always welcome on the Morning show with the Claremont County Veteran Services Commission, all the services you offer. It's an amazing thing what you've got in Claremont County with the Claremont County Veteran Services. Uh, it's uh, can you give me the website again, Steve Frey, part company for the Clamart County Veteran Services.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, Brian, it's www. Claremont County Veterans dot.
Speaker 1: Com Claremont County Veterans dot com for all the services they offer, and it is an amazing or in his Services Veterans, you're int all this assistance. Please take advantage of it and help yourself out and family members. It's nine eight eight and then the number one for the Veterans Crisis Line. Keep your eyes peeled and your ears open. You may save a life. Absolutely, it's been a pleasure having you both on. Keep up the great work on behalf of the American Veterans and Steve, thanks again for your three decades plus of active duty service.
Speaker 2: We'll see each other. Get real suit, Steve.
Speaker 5: Care, Thank you, sir.
Speaker 1: Stick around Hamlin County Prosecuting Melissa Powers after the top of the hour News plus Judge of Paulatano at eight thirty. I'll be right back. Just I eto six here fifty five KRC DE talk. Shas' a very happy Wednesday to you a listener. Lunch Wednesday, Weed them and Brewery in Saint Bernard. I have to see you there and I'm always happy to have Hamilin County Proscutulissa Powers on the program. Of course, we need to keep Melissa Powers as Hamilton County Prosecutor. This Novembers vote is all critical and all important in the name of law and order and prosecuting the bad guys vote Melissa Powers. You can find her online Power for prosecutor dot com. Welist Powers. Welcome back to the Morning Show. It's always great having you on the program.
Speaker 5: Thanks Brian, Good morning. It's great to be here once again.
Speaker 1: Of course you're on because we need to vote for you, but you're also wanting to help us understand why it's a good thing maybe to engage in the early voting process, something that Republicans are kind of behind the times on. Democrats have always taken advantage of early voting and it's worked to their advantage in a lot of races. You can vote, vote early, get it out of the way. That way on election day, maybe if you can't make it you're sick, you still have voted already. Is that your position?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? And we keep getting beat And when I say we, the Conservatives or the independence that lean conservatives seem to get beat by this early voting. So the Democrats has an incredible machine. They're absolutely doing a fantastic job getting the early voters out, busing them directly in person to the Board of Elections to vote. And we need just to do a better job the election. There's sometimes the elections get so there's so much in the early votes and so many ballots cast so early on that any type of conservative leaning candidate is in such a deficit it's so hard to make up on the day of the election. So we want to encourage everyone get out to vote. Vote early. It's safe, it's secure, it's legal, and the last presidential election, sixty percent of all the votes cast that were cast early, either by mail or by going in person to the Board of Elections. So we want you to get out and vote. Vote early. It's convenient. You know, obviously, life can be unpredictable, and if you get your ballot in early, there's an entire month that you can cast your votes, either in person or by mail. I think mail is the easiest. I would encourage everyone to do the mail because you can do your research on your candidates, vote the entire ballot, making sure and then putting it back in the mail is perfectly fine and safe. If you are worried about your ballot that you put in the mail, it can always be tracked at the Board of Elections website. So it's really great.
Speaker 1: It is it's easy to and I would immediately it's interject while I can props for the Hemlin County Board of Elections. I've gone there and voted early. I've been there on days when there's a line. It moves quickly, it's efficient, it's simple to do. I'm glad they put it there as opposed to where it used to be in downtown Cincinnati, because there's plenty of parking, it's easy to get in and out of. There's really no downside to going in and voting in the Board of Elections early.
Speaker 5: You're absolutely right, it's real easy.
Speaker 7: I think you know.
Speaker 5: I know that my ninety year old mother voted the last presidential election at the Board of Elections and waited in line for a very very long time. So this time we're encouraging to vote by mail. She's already submitted her application to vote by mail. Anyone can request an application, and just recently every registered voter in Ohio received an absentee vote by mail application from our Secretary of State. So it's not a scam. We want to make sure that you know. Just fill that out, mail it back in, and by October eighth, when early voting starts, you'll receive your ballot in the mail.
Speaker 1: Well, it's simple to do. I got mine the other day, and there was some confusion among the listening audience. I had someone call in and say, I got a ballot sent to me in the mail, and in fact it was not about it actually was the application to absentee vote. So yeah, don't be confused by that. I would also pay attention to who's sending because what you'll get should be from the Secretary of State's office, not some other entity.
Speaker 5: Exactly, and you'll be every deep mine. It was very easy to tell that this was and I thought was a wonderful convenience fire Secretariat State to mail that to registered voters. It's even easier because I had already gone online to the Board of Elections myself and printed off the application and mailed it in. And I realized I even have to do that because it was sent to me by the Secretary of State. So if you haven't gotten that, I would go make sure you're registered. You have to register prior to October seventh, and you do that by going on the Board of Elections website. If maybe you've moved to a different location within Hamilton County or in whatever county that you are, make sure that you check that. I think that's not a bad idea. But what I really want to stress too is that once you get your ballot, it's this election. At least in Hamilton County, it's never been more important to fill out the entire ballot. We have a number of judicial candidates that are on the ballot. We want to make sure that you're voting for candidates that's that support law in order, that follow the law, and that will make sure safety. Your safety is important when they make get their decisions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's easy to do. The Hamilton County Republican Party has taken care of that. They have identified those judges who are tough on crime and who are great about law and order and who actually will you know, require bail for folks who are likely to flee the jurisdiction or otherwise commit heinous crimes while they're out on bail. We've runted a lot of problems with that, and you've done a wonderful job on your Facebook page highlighting the judges that do and do not have a set bail properly.
Speaker 5: Thank you. We want to make sure that the information is getting to the voters and that you know, a lot of people don't get the news from inside the courthouse, and so they inform their own opinion. We're just stating the facts of, you know, this judge that set a low bond or no and an o R bond, which is no cash having to be posted on gun charges or serious offenses where we're concerned about the safety of the community. So we want to point that out. But we also point out judges that set good bonds, you know, and that we buil are good bonds on serious cases. And you can make your own opinion based on that too. You may agree or disagree that at least you've got the information.
Speaker 1: It's easy to find all those judges right there at Hamilton County Republican Party dot org. Just click on candidates and they take you from Donald Trump all the way down to the Supreme Court judges, into the juvenile Court judges and domestic relations Court judges, etc. They're all right there. It's easy to do and take the time to do that in advance, because so many people are caught off guard when they get into the voting booth and it kind of amazes me. But then again, me having a connection with the judicial system to some degree give them. My background I'm interested in the judicial race is but if you walk in uninformed, that's a real puzzler when it comes to election day because they're usually not identified by party status, unless, of course they're on the pink slip or the blue slip. My understanding, go ahead.
Speaker 5: I was just going to say, you're absolutely right. Just one more thing on the early voting. What helps us And some people think, well, why vote early, I'm just going to do it on election day, and I can tell you it does helpur. It'll help my campaign, It'll help a number of campaigns because we're watching who and the data coming in, what groups are voting, what's not. And it actually helps save us money on the campaign because we're tracing or tracking down voters or voter groups that haven't already voted, and we want to get them out to vote. So it does help the campaigns if you vote early, and it saves us money because we can identify who's participated or who we need to encourage to get out there and vote.
Speaker 1: Excellent, excellent point on that one. There's a lot of behind the scenes things that go on in campaigns that a lot of people aren't familiar with. Prosecutor powers. So that's a I'm glad you put the exclamation point on that. In terms of the juvenile justice system, I understand that there's been some changes that you wanted to mention on the program this morning. Is she there? Oh yeah, we lost her. I'll tell you what. Well, it's about a fifteen anyway, call her back up because we will have another segment. I can get some information because I know she wanted to talk about those changes, so we will hopefully bring back Hamilton Kenny. Prosecute them a Lissa Powers. Get on over to webpage. So if you would be pleased, please be so kind as to donate, get a yard sign, help her out. Go door to doors Powers for prosecutor dot com. Hey twenty one fifiveive Karasy, you talk to Jason Bryan Thoms with Hamilton Kenny. Proscute them a list of powers. It's Powers for Prosecutor dot com. You can help her out like my mom did. My mom went door to door for you the other day. Prosecute her powers. Just let you know that she met you at the event and she got a bunch of materials and just started door knocking in her neighborhood. So there's one little bit of effort on your behalf because she's impressed with you and she knows how important law enforcement is.
Speaker 5: But pivoting over, Oh that's wonderful. That's really great news. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Eighty four years young and doing the door knocking and she's dedicated. So anyway, I wanted to ask you about the changes to the juvenile justice system. I understand Governor Dewan could it a task force and then came back with some recommendations. So can you explain to my listeners what those are and what that's all about.
Speaker 5: So the task force was set up and I think they worked for about nine minds and at the end they made a twenty six different recommendations to the governor. Now none of this is law yet. The governor then is encouraging the state legislature to incorporate the changes into law. So I think it's a wonderful thing that the task force was set up. Obviously, there's different areas is in juvenile law that needs improvement and so or things that we can be doing better so that we are the keeping the public safe. So we're wondering. I think they're wonderful that he put that together. Now, until it's law, nothing, nothing will take effect, and nothing will be happening. But I agree with overall what the changes have been recommended, such as the smaller secured facilities versus these larger ones. There's only three in the state of Ohio. The Department of These Services. They want to create more regional, small, smaller locations of secured facilities. One would actually be in Hamilton County, which I think is great. We used to have a small facility and called Hillcrest where families could participate UH in therapy and counseling and be part of the rehabilitation process. So I think that it will be very effective. Hill Crust should, in my opinions, still be opened and available. It was the only one in the state that was of that facility, so I think they're modeling it or have some similar ideas about the smaller secure facilities. But some of the recommendations have to do with weakening sentences or dispositions for kids when they have guides being used to commit crimes, and I'm strongly opposed to anything that will put us in jeopardy in our public safety. I think it's simple, it's common sense that absolutely there should be no reason for a child to have a gun or to use a gun to commit a crime. I think the penalties, if they stay strong, can hopefully deter future conduct or somebody even considering it. But if you weaken that, I think that that could be at risk, the deterrent could be at risk.
Speaker 1: Dead on to me, getting in a juvenile I mean, that's the most important time if a juveniles involved in the criminal justice system. I mean, that's the perfect time to get them out of it. And there's got to be a better path than leniency. I mean, putting them in programs, maybe they need drug counseling, whatever the case may be, mental health assistants. But if they're showing criminal behavior at a very young age, we've got a real problem on our hands because it's only going to get worse absent some really solid intervention.
Speaker 5: You're absolutely right, and I think you know I have experience as a prosecutor, practicing in juvenile court, as a defense attorney, and then as a judge, and I think that's the primary difference between my opponent and I in this election. She is I don't believe she ever handled a case in juvenile court, has no experience dealing with juvenile crime, has no experience, you know, as a lawyer with juvenile violence, and I don't know if someone like that, if she was, you know, running the prosecutor's office, could recognize the weaknesses and what it's being proposed and where to make sure that fights for public safety. And as you know, my opponent wasn't even licensed to practice law last year. Yeah, so when we you know, there's a big difference in the selection.
Speaker 1: You know, and as you as we part company, and as you mentioned that, as we part company, I can't believe this is even remotely a close race. You are so far superior in terms of your your background, your knowledge on the subject matter, your experience on the job, and your ideas for the future. So vote Hamilton County Prosecuted Melissa Powers and do what my mom did, go door to door and hand out some flyers and talk to people. It's pro Powers for Prosecutor dot com until we get to talk again. Keep up the great work. I wish you all the best on the campaign, Melissa Powers.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Brian, have a great thing you too from the UCL Trumphis Center. Trust's the same team for your care that keeps the UC bearer hats on the field. Count on you see health Orthopedics, handsports, medicine, no matter the injury visit u sehealth dot com. Cruisier working by the new accident southbound seventy five at Tylersville that's backing traffic up above one twenty nine. Eastbound two seventy five continues to crawl across the top heavy from before mostellar to the accident. It's seventy one where the right two lanes are blocked off close to a half hour delay. Then there's a rec northbound seventy one on the ramp to Ridge, coming up next to guest who is just too busy celebrating with all the different events going on today. You see, it's it's National Wildlife Day, It's Indigenous Literacy Day, and National Macadamian Nut Day. That's what I'm celebrating. The judge's next Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey th twoty fuckers douchstation. No, Danny Nollen was expecting that Anila was judge edited a Politano National Indigenous Language Day. All right, whatever, Well, he's eating his Macedamian nuts. I am pleased, as I am so pleased every Wednesday at this time to welcome back to the fifty five Jersey Morning Show. Hey, highlight of my week, if not the highlight Judge Enedapolitano, welcome back your Rodner.
Speaker 2: You're very kind, Brian.
Speaker 10: Thank you for the warm invitation. But somehow I'm not surprised that of those wacky holidays the one that Ingram is celebrating is the one involving nuts.
Speaker 2: It worked out great.
Speaker 1: Oh and by the way, your name came up if your ears were burning on Sunday. We have this annual event here in the city of Cincinnati. They call it the Western Southern Wbon Fireworks Anyway, huge event. Half a million people show up in the riverfront the fireworks display. It's massive, and so iHeartMedia is the prime one of the substations in our cluster here is responsible for it, along with Western and Southern Anyway. The huge tent right there in front of where the fireworks blow up. And guess whose table I sat at chucking And he mentioned you a couple of times. He goes, does the judge really appreciate my comments? Does he just make fun of me? I said, oh no, it's great. I said, yeah, we make fun of you a lot. I love his comments.
Speaker 10: Look, as you know, in this business, every knock is a boost.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and he does not intend any of its criticism. It's just levity. So we get the best we can get from Chuck. Anyhow, of course I get the column early. I'm a lucky man forgetting it early. Now the FEDS are spying on Congress. I love this question. It's almost like a college logic question or a college philosophy question. Can government behavior be both lawful and unconstitutional at the same time. It sounds like an impossibility, doesn't it. But that's not the conclusion you've reached here, sadly, No.
Speaker 10: No, So when when Congress validly enacts a law that is unconstitutional on its face, that law is legal until a court declares it unconstitutional. And when when the Feds comply with that law, they are acting legally. But if it is unconstitutional on its face, by which I mean it directly defies a clause of the Constitution, it doesn't take much analysis to see that. Like you can suppress speech on the basis of content, or you can search and seize without a search war an issue by a judge. Something directly defining the Constitution. If it's unconstitutional on its face, then the government's behavior is both legal and unconstitutional, and it ought not engage in that behavior because the FEDS who do the spying took the same oath as the Congress that does the writing and the courts that do the interpreting. But they do it anyway. And this is a very sad Stuart I had not heard about until it broke just right before Labor Day weekend that during the Trump administration, the President was so aggravated, apparently at what the January sixth Committee was doing, that he ordered the DOJ to find a way to spy on two members of the January sixth Committee, Congressman Adam Schiff, now running for the Senate in California, Congressman Swallwell first name escaping me, also from California, two liberal Democrats professed to adversaries of Donald Trump members of the committee. The Fed's got all of their emails and all their texts and all their phone calls. They did the same with a staff on the committee, some of them are ex FBI agents. They even did this with the emails and texts of a minor child of one of these ex FBI agent staff members looking for something. They found nothing. They found nothing. But how did they do this? What did they tell a federal judge gin in order to authorize this? Spine of the Justice Department, which claims that stopped this under Biden, won't reveal how its predecessors under Bill Barr did this.
Speaker 1: Okay, under what argument can they prevent this information from being disclosed? This is another illustration of the people to home. Our representatives are supposed to report, did the reports are our representatis? Of course, we live in a representative government, regardless of Democrats to tell you all day long, we live in a republic. Anyway, Those folks are supposed to be providing oversight. Those folks are the ones that provide funding for these organizations. Those folks might be able to be in a position to say, hey, you work for me, give me the damned documents. And yet time and time again, anyone of the letted organizations says, no, I don't care if the Foyer requests, I don't what.
Speaker 10: The pros don't know under what pretexts? They are not providing these documents because the committee doesn't exist anymore. These legal, unconstitutional searches and seizures produced no evidence of criminality. Nobody was charged with anything. It's almost inconceivable to me what they could have told a federal judge. We don't like what Adam Schiff and Eric Swalwell are saying. Therefore, we want to listen to their phone calls. They have to show probable cause of crime in the phone calls or in the emails. What could that probable cause have been? Whatever?
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 10: Merrick Garland, the current Attorney General, who takes credit and I give him credit for shutting down this process which was still going on when Biden became president. Trump was no longer president, the committee no longer existed. Whatever. Nevertheless, Attorney General Garland refuses to release what they told a federal judge in order to get the search warrt. Makes me believe there was no search warrant makes me believe that they did this by hacking, which is of course a felon LLNY. The Feds don't prosecute their own Monday. This is Wednesday, Monday. Ten FBI agents and ten US marshals stole a plane in the Dominican Republic and flew to Miami. The plane belonged to the government of Venezuela. The pretext for stealing the plane was, this is the private this is the air force one for Nicholas Maduro, who's the president of Venezuela. And he has the temerity to violate American sanctions on Russia by allowing Venezuelan companies to trade with Russia. He doesn't come in the United States. It has an effect the United States. He was in Venezuela, the plane was in the Dominican Republic.
Speaker 2: The Feds stole it.
Speaker 10: So the Feds don't care if they violate the very same laws that they prosecute the rest of us for violating.
Speaker 1: Well, going back to let's just pick a shift for exacts, who had his emails rifled through, in his phone calls and his text messages rifled through, probably without a warrant, as you indicate, doesn't he then have standing if he knows it happened. We're always looking for standing. We're away looking for someone to say, haha, I can go into court and prove a civil rights violation. Can't he do that now? Or anybody else who had this happen to them that we now know about.
Speaker 10: The answer I think is yes, I say I think he is not a suing one of the investigators, one of the x FBI agents is suing. And in that lawsuit came the names at Congressman Adam Schiff and Congressman Eric Swalwell. I had never heard of any of this until the lawsuit was filed, I believe last Friday, the friday before the Labor Day weekend. I would think that Swalwell and Shift who maybe don't want to make a big deal out of this. Chef is running for the Senate California. Swalwell is running for re election to his House seat. Until after election day, but yes, they would have standing because their harm was unique from all others. This is not a complaint about mass surveillance. This is a complaint about individually, unique, targeted surveillance. Well, you know, the FEDS have the courts have done everything they can to avoid ruling on whether this spying without search warrants is lawful or unlawful. They know it's unconstitutional. They're afraid of the intelligence community like anybody else. Justice Scalia, before he died, said to me he was convinced the Court was being surveilled by the NSA, The Court, the Supreme Court of the United States under surveillance by the NSA, which is in the Defense Department, which is in the executive branch. You tell me that's not a violation of the separation of powers.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, as we're walking through this, and I think you make a really good argument, which was my thought, that you know, one of these folks actually has standing. This could actually end up in front of a court where they could actually rule that this is all unconstitutional and must be stopped. They don't perhaps want it to stop. They got some invested interest in allowing the NSA to scoop through all of our private records and effects because it benefits them from time to time that they're willing to well have a violation of their own civil rights and take a pass on it simply because they want this conduct to continue.
Speaker 10: That is not what we have a judiciary for. Know that the whole purpose of an independent judiciary is to be anti democratic, to preserve the life, liberty, and property of those of us being persecuted by the government. In this case, two members of Congress with whom I agree on very very little. For the human beings, they have rights, they happen to be in the legislative branch of the government, the executive branch, can't do this without a warrant, And we have the right to know what they told a if there was a warrant, and be what they told the signer of the warrant, the federal judge, in order to induce her for him to sign it. Look, when they raided Trump's house, he was no longer the president. We still got the warrant, and we still got the affidavit affidavits that were submitted to the federal magistrate judge who signed the warrant. Why can't we get the warrant and get the affidavits that were submitted to this judge to invade the privacy of these two members of Congress. That probably was no warrant.
Speaker 1: I think I'm with you on that one.
Speaker 10: That's Look when they raided Scott Ritter's house, one of my regular guests, former marine, former head of the UN Weapons Inspection Team, the one who went to Iraq in Afghanistan and said there's no weapons of mass destruction. The government didn't like what he said, but he demonstrated it. When they raided his house. They brought with them huge loose leaves, well forty FBI agents, including a swat team and a bomb squad. We're looking for his mobile devices and his desktops, and he told them where they were. Two FBI agents were chatting with him, and they showed him the printed copies of all of his emails and text messages from the past two years, enormous loose leaves. When he asked to see the search warrant that generated it, they just smiled and changed the subject. They didn't have a search warrant.
Speaker 1: This is scary stuff. Scary and what more can one say? Our constitution apparently just does not mean anything any longer, at least in time.
Speaker 10: I mean, this means a lot to Thomas Massey, that means a lot to some of his colleagues on the left, But for the vast majority of Congress it means little. Maybe Congressman Swallwell and Schiff will look at this differently. I don't know. I won't hold my breath.
Speaker 1: No, but I welcome to them soon for a violation of civil rights. I don't care that I disagree with them on ninety nine percent of their issues. They have civil rights and so do you and I, and somebody's got to defend them. So step up to the plate, because standing is a tough thing to accomplish. Judge Edna Politano judging freedom find Them Online. Who are you going to be speaking with today, your honor.
Speaker 10: I have Colonel Douglas McGregor at eleven in the morning Eastern at twelve thirty in the afternoon, the aforementioned Scott Ritter at four o'clock, Aaron Maze. It's a very very exciting day for him. Oh yes, we didn't work Monday, so we're doing all of our guests in four days.
Speaker 1: Better late than never. Judging Freedom to find them Online. Judge of Paula Tan tell.
Speaker 10: Ingram I love him, and my regret is that I was not under that tent with you guys.
Speaker 2: Every year.
Speaker 1: I know it will tell, it'll happen. I feel confident. Take care of your honor and talk next week. Hey for four fifty five kre CD talk station up SAT listener lunch today again one more time. Weed them in brewery in Saint Bernard. It's easy to get to big place. Food's great, beer's great, and the fellowship is always wonderful. So I'm looking forward to seeing if you can show up. Great time talking with Adam Kaylor this morning, of course running for him on County Commissioner. We also did a little update on that six hundred million dollar fund that Tom Brinkman's gathering signatures for to help people pay their property taxes in the city. Get some good observations Adam did about that, but also some more important things about why you should vote for him for County Commissioner. Her from Steve Balzo and Lisa Listen from the Klamert County Veteran Services It is Suicide awareen this month. In September, we talked veterans suicide, what to look for, what to watch out for, and how you can help the veteran in your world get the assistance they need. Hamilton County Prosecutor Melissa Powers Powers for Prosecutor dot Com be like my mom, go door to door and hand out information seeking to elect Melissa Powers. She is so important to Hamilton County. We could really use her re elected. In November. Judge editor Paulatano as well Fort five krecy dot com for the podcast tomorrow, Americans for Prosperity joins the program. We're gonna hear from are In McIntyre with a book The Total State How liberal democracies become tyrannies. Yeah, and of course it's Thursday. iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Ratliffe. Thank you Danny Gleason for covering for the vacationing Joe Strek. You do an outstanding job, Danny. I'll see you in the morning. Folks, help you have a wonderful day. I hope see listener lunch and regardless, stick around. Glenbeck's coming right up.