Speaker 1: Benson Boone's got a new record out and he's marketing the crap out of it, and Trisha's.
Speaker 2: All over it.
Speaker 3: I'm all for this.
Speaker 1: Details in just a moment. But first, remember when Lester Holtz signed off before we Go Tonight worried about me. You may recall the announcement back some months ago that I would be leaving my post here at Nightly News. That was when Tristia got real sad, so sad. Yeah, why'd you do that? You just did that to make me sad?
Speaker 3: Wow, you're horrible. That was the only point of.
Speaker 4: That, Oh, cub the Lector Home studio.
Speaker 2: It was casino.
Speaker 3: I would be a little mad at you for a little while for that. That was just not nice, I know. All right, So Benson Boone, we are a big Benson Boone household. At least. I love him. The girls, Landry, our sixteen year old old and I are going to his concert in September. We're very, very excited. His new album has been released, American Heart, and his new single, Mystical Magical is all over the top of the charts.
Speaker 1: Hey, friends, we can't play the song on the podcast, but I'll tell you this.
Speaker 2: It's real catchy.
Speaker 3: He's teaming up with Crumble Cookie that we all know and love, and they have come out with his own cookie called Moonbeam ice Cream Cookie. It is for a limited time while supplies last. It's this week only started June twenty third. Last day to get him as June twenty eighth. But here's what it is. It's full of like sensory. I don't know dedications to Benson Boone because he's super quirky. Right. It's over the top. It has lemon berry marshmallow topping, a white icing drizzle, cookies and cream sprinkles, and I believe it looks like a chocolate cookie base.
Speaker 1: And God help the teenage girl in mine trying to get their cookie before Trisha.
Speaker 3: I know I will push the small children out of the way to get it again. I'm running, not walking, to get one. I like Crumble Cookie. Their cookies are gigantic, which is one of the reasons I like that I can eat them for a couple of days, and some of them are amazing. This one, I have no idea if it's going to be good or not, but it looks so good in the ad. Moon Beam ice Cream Cookie.
Speaker 1: Do you buy those you can buy them, is it three packs or six packs? Or they put them in the box.
Speaker 3: That you can get a little three pack, which is really like having nine cookies. Cookies are huge.
Speaker 1: At my clothes to my bottom with my over indulgence of sweets. I'll never forget. I bought a box of those and ate all of them two in one evening.
Speaker 3: Do you know that, like one cookie is over a thousand calories?
Speaker 2: I believe it.
Speaker 3: You ate three?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was not. I'm not bragging. I'm embarrassed by it.
Speaker 3: Did you did you get the sugar from it? Because I feel like that.
Speaker 2: Could give you the sugar i'd like the diabetes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the diabetes I may have had nicked me. It was on its way. Yeah, if you ate three of those in one I.
Speaker 2: Was after I got that. I was really embarrassed by sling.
Speaker 3: And did you feel like crap? I'd have been up for days if I had had that much?
Speaker 2: I think I did. I didn't think I feel I don't think I've felt good.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna go get you one today, So just one, just one, Just let's split one. No, I'm not splitting mine, because you know what they tricked us into buying. They have a little they have a little cookie cutter that you press down and it cuts it into four little triangles. What are their giant cookies. I'll be using that. I'll be eating all four of my triangles, but I'm gonna space mine out, all right.
Speaker 1: That just shows you have self disciplined turst boy that I've only heard that song about three times and I just played it and stuck in my head.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, the kid's gonna go far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yes, he's gonna do good things.
Speaker 2: That is the story. We love. Stay with us. We've got more coming up. One three point one Austin.
Speaker 1: Just to tell these nice people why you were filtering what was on TV by putting your hand in front of your eyes.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was watching a zombie trying to kill somebody in The Walking Dead Dead City, and worms and goop were falling out of the zombies' mouth trying to eat the person, and I couldn't watch it, so I had to filter.
Speaker 2: I thought you were done with zombies.
Speaker 3: Oh the spinoffs. Our daughter Landry and I watched all eight thousand seasons of The Walking Dead. We were late getting to the game, but we watched from season one. Do I think season eleven took us months to watch it. Loved it, but then I was exhausted and didn't get into any of the spinoffs. So now I've decided that I'm ready to go back in. So I started with Dead City, which anybody who walks watching watches Walking Dead knows that that's the one with Megan and Maggie, my favorite. Okay, So anyway, I started watching season one about too much for you. It was just too scary. I've been I have to get desensitized again to the zombies trying to eat people, right, Yeah, so, but I love it. I only wanted to watch one episode. I ended up watching three. I stayed up way too late last night. In season one, there's only six episodes though, of course roll into season two, but it's not going to be as long as it was.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: As long as I've known you, I would have never picked you as a zombie person.
Speaker 3: I've never been a zombie person. I will tell you got me into zombie World. Was the last of us with Pedro Pascal.
Speaker 2: Oh the fun.
Speaker 3: I watched the Fungus Zombies.
Speaker 2: Have you watched the new one?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm all caught up waiting for the next season, season three, which will be five years from now.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 3: But Pedro Pascal my fungus boo, he got me into the Zombies.
Speaker 1: So you watched the Last of Us before you watch The Walking des Yeah?
Speaker 3: Season one?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so you are a little late to the party.
Speaker 3: I'm very late. I'm like ten years late to the party of the walk on the Walking Dead.
Speaker 2: So how many of these do you have to watch?
Speaker 3: Again? There's only six episodes in this season of this spinoff, and I guess like six or seven in season two?
Speaker 2: Have you drugged the fuzz into this?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not inviting her this time because she didn't get as all into it as I did. And the role was we couldn't watch it unless we watched it with each other, and she kept putting me off and putting me off, and I'd go days without watching it. And so she's not invited to the spinofs Oh, okay, So you'll be back flying solo with your zombie with it, which means I will get through this a lot quicker.
Speaker 2: Well, if you if you.
Speaker 1: Need me to come in and protect you from the television, you just let me know what weapon do I need for a zombie a shotgun.
Speaker 3: You need a knife, you need something to the brain, got plenty of those. The only way you can kill them is to pierce their.
Speaker 2: Brain really like a blow to the head.
Speaker 3: Not even really sometimes not even a blow, a piercing the brain, a staff, a knife, something like that. They used a ski the end of a ski pole last night.
Speaker 2: And this means they can never come back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you can drown them. But then they're just zombies underwater.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gotcha, gotcha. I won't be participating in this either. Nope, stick around.
Speaker 1: We've got more coming up on Austin's eighty station on Oh three point one.
Speaker 2: The JB and Sandy Show starts at seven. If you missed yesterday's show, here's something you missed, all.
Speaker 1: Right, We've got some social media follows for you guys to check out, the one that Trisha's going to share.
Speaker 2: I absolutely love what these dudes are doing.
Speaker 1: But before we get to that, did you guys hear about the people like cut with three hundred HTB tortillas in their luggage?
Speaker 2: It was that could happen to anybody on.
Speaker 3: The way home from this grocery store on a regular run.
Speaker 1: I guess was it at the airport. I don't they they can you not fly with the tortillas. I don't know what's what's the problem. I just someone told me about it. I didn't I'm busy. I didn't have time to look it up.
Speaker 5: I know, like when you're traveling from country to country, you're not supposed to have anything edible right, like food's going right.
Speaker 2: But yeah, to fly with tortillos. I fly with some tortillos.
Speaker 3: I feel like the question work was why so many tortillas. I feel like they were just like, please step out and explain, and then they were like, yep, they're good. They're atib tortillas. I feel it a lot.
Speaker 1: They hit every HB in probably South Austin and just dumped the ice chest that they're in into a bag and bought all of them, right, because they don't make a whole lot.
Speaker 2: Of them good when they're fresh. They try to keep them fresh. But they're good, man, Yeah they are. There's something about those tortillas.
Speaker 1: I love them, but I thought it was funny there someone was taking them home.
Speaker 2: Three hundred tortilla.
Speaker 3: I mean, you gotta eat him fast. It's not like they keep right. I guess if they freeze him, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's the good fresh tortilla's right, they don't. They don't keep.
Speaker 5: Some people got to have what they love. I my my wife's in the event business. And they had a client doing these this giant yacht charter for a birthday, like a fortieth birthday out of Fort Lauderdale. And they they were gonna be gone like two weeks taking all their friends on a cruise. I'm talking like a seventy five foot yacht, like a mega yacht. Yeah, and they had to have Topo Chico for that. All their margaritas did not want. No other sparkling water would do. And and then it was up against a deadline, and I was like, rent me a van. I'll drive a bunch of Topo down there. Loaded up a van with Topo Chico and drove to Fort Lauderdale. You did, I did a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: You got paid for that? I hope I got paid. Yeah, I got paid. But I like road trips. Yeah, fun.
Speaker 1: Damn, you're like Smoky in the bandit, but you're holing Topachico. He's founding down rolled up truck. Yeah, we're gonna can't be done.
Speaker 2: It was fun Jay you pull over by the cops. What's your holler?
Speaker 5: Hope guy had to have it for his birthday.
Speaker 2: Nothing else would do. That's funny. Wow, that's very.
Speaker 3: There's what he likes.
Speaker 2: All right, Trichall, tell everybody about this Instagram.
Speaker 3: Follow all right. I love this because it instantly takes me back to my childhood growing up in the summer. It's the page is called adventure Boys two one seven I think two one seven is their area code. It's three dudes ten eleven, maybe twelve years old, and they have decided that they are going to video themselves doing whatever their summer activity is for that day until they reach At first it was five hundred followers, like on day fourteen they got five hundred followers, and now they've moved it up to fifteen hundred followers. But it's three boys. Our names are justin, Isaac and Joe. And they'll start the video and they'll go, all right, today we're at the creek. We're going to fish, and then they start showing they're fishing at the creek. They're doing the rope swing over the creek one day. One day they're doing the trampoline in the rain another.
Speaker 2: Number again Something Boys.
Speaker 3: Adventure dot Boys two one seven. I got another one of the days they're like, all right, today, we're gonna build a campfire and we're going to cook hot dogs, and they show all the stuff that they're cooking for hot dogs. One of the videos that I love is at the end of one of their adventures, they're running home because they're going to get in trouble if they're late getting home at the time their parents told them to.
Speaker 2: So they're basically doing things like we did in the seventies early.
Speaker 3: Eighties, exactly, just fasing nothing fancy. Somebody already, some candy store already sent them a giant box of gummy worms because when they were kicking hot dogs one day, they were eating gummy worms.
Speaker 5: So they've got two hundred and eighty one thousand followers now.
Speaker 3: They posted like twenty one times. I think that's it.
Speaker 5: Here they are average post gets almost seventy five thousand likes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's just holy can engage anyway?
Speaker 5: Wow, And yeah, this is just some young dudes goofing around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at the beginning of every video to go, hey, I'm justin I'm Isaac, I'm Joe. There's no They're just kids doing it and it's great. Wow, and I can't I love watching the videos.
Speaker 2: And didn't they do a nerf hoop tournament?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They were in their room one day. I think it was raining, so they had a you know the basketball that you put on the back of your door, the small one. They were having a tournament, the three of them to see who would win the tournament, playing basketball in their room with the nerfball to.
Speaker 5: See to see Illinois is where they are genius and they get this is nothing fancy as far as you know in the photography.
Speaker 4: This is just them playing fourteen posts. They have fourteen posts. They can monetize that. There are TV shows that would be happy to have that.
Speaker 5: Kind of following.
Speaker 2: And they're good looking dudes. That doesn't hurt way.
Speaker 3: But they're just dude. They're like what do you think? They're like ten, maybe eleven.
Speaker 2: Ten or eleven just living their life. That's awesome. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Again it's adventure dot Boys two one seven.
Speaker 2: Here they are fishing.
Speaker 3: They fish a lot at the creek, then they swim in the creek, then they swing on the rope on the creek.
Speaker 2: That's cool. JB. What is yours? All right?
Speaker 5: The one that I just found. Let's see how many followers they have. It's very local here. If they don't have it, no, one's not hardly anyone knows about this yet. They only have ninety seven hundred followers, or so it is called, and they maybe because they don't post very often. But miniature at X and for those of you who have not spelled miniature in a while, it's miniature am I NA t r E at X and they're using it. They're using some kind of uh, you know, trick camera that makes everything look teeny tiny, like like a like a little train set.
Speaker 3: Oh I love it. There's Ladybird Lake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and everybody's itty bitty. They look like toys.
Speaker 3: It's like the paddle borders. It's so cool.
Speaker 2: Right in that cool just to see what it's doing.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh I love this. How do they make it look like that? It looks like when they would do stop action filming, where like you put an item there and take a picture and then move it and take.
Speaker 5: A picture and that's a real like Yeah, there's people doing laps in a pool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just what's the handle again? Miniature at X Miniature at X. I'm gonna check that out for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's like I thirty five right in front of the old Irwin Center, so they shot that before that came down.
Speaker 2: And the cars are just like ants.
Speaker 3: Yes, and the people and they're moving very quickly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just really clever.
Speaker 3: That's really cool. There's a bunch of people to step in at the Palmer Auditorium.
Speaker 5: Maybe they just shoot it normally with a drone and then run it through an app. I think, yeah, apps that can make everything like miniature like this, But it's just cool.
Speaker 2: It's just fun.
Speaker 3: It's very cool like it.
Speaker 2: I have one.
Speaker 1: I may have mentioned this before, but I still think it's cool. And JB I think you'll dig it, Patricia, you probably will too. At five to one two Wheelie Crew l I E Crew, this is just a bunch of dudes of all ages, really young guys, older guys that ride their bikes around as a group.
Speaker 2: They do wheelies.
Speaker 1: They do they wheelie Wednesday at hemp Hill Park at seven thirty. They've got neon or neon but the led lights in their wheels and they're just cruising on their BMX bikes.
Speaker 2: And riding wheelies.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, I've ever I mean, if you've been listening to us for any amount of time, you know, I ride bikes a lot.
Speaker 2: I've never been able to do a wheelie. I just am so envious. And here they are.
Speaker 1: Kid, here's a guy on his bike, standing one foot on the handlebars, one foot on the seat of the bike, at the circuit of the America's Track going down that big hill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's going into the pit.
Speaker 5: They do that Tuesday bike nights in the summer. Oh, that's right, that's probably anyone can go right at CODA.
Speaker 2: Yeah right.
Speaker 1: But they got all these cool they're just they got a deal called tacos and tires. They go out, they ride for a while, then they grab tacos.
Speaker 5: Oh. I see kids buzzing around on those little e bikes that are practically motorcycles, and I'm just like, it's like, oh, that would have been so fun as a kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, Trisia about to duke it out with the cyclists on the Brushy Creek trail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ah, you'll agree with this, JB.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We're walking and there's signs everywhere that said says pedestrians have the right of way, And I don't know what happened, but for the first six months we walked, when a cyclist would come up behind you, they'd bring a bell or they'd say on your left. Would always say thank you. And in the last two or three months, they never give any heads up when they're coming by, and they're sometimes are going so fast and are so close, like there's no like if you have he airbeds and earbds and you're not going to hear them coming. I mean, you take one step to your left, you're getting run over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, you shouldn't take a step to your left without turning your head.
Speaker 3: Without turning I always do, but then would rather with our daughter who just kind of sweves around.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't alert people when I pass them, but I give them enough room, especially if they're a kid or a dog, right, because that's that's the really unpredictable thing.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: The trail though, is only so wide, so you kind of have to give a heads up on this trail because they can't really go that far out and list they're going to go off the grass or something. But it's weird. It just all of a sudden stopped. They used to always give the on your left or the little ring, and now it rarely happens, and I just I don't know, I just feel like it's so dangerous. I don't know what changed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it could just be a you know, one of those things.
Speaker 1: It just happened over and over to us the other day, but it's been happened to you all the time.
Speaker 3: It happens to me almost every time I walk down. It's weird because since you and I stopped walking together it nobody ever does the ring ring. Maybe because I'm just one person on the trail, they feel like they're going well.
Speaker 5: And it's also I'm not super familiar with that trail. But there's also like this, like so I live near downtown, so I'll use the hike and bike trail to connect and stay off of roads. When you're using that a busy trail like that to connect, you don't go fast.
Speaker 2: We're not we're not filming a Mountain.
Speaker 5: Dew commercial, right, Like that's risky and stupid. So when I when I see the guy, that's just like going all crazy, like.
Speaker 2: Hardcom riding, hard training, Like, yeah, that's not the place.
Speaker 5: That's a place to safely connect and and you know, and you go at a reasonable pace.
Speaker 2: Yea, these guys were a haul and booty.
Speaker 3: I yelled too fast to be like to get me in a fight. But I was like, dude, slow down. I turned into that older lady that's too fast. Slow down.
Speaker 2: That was from yesterday morning.
Speaker 1: The JB and Sandy Hour starts at seven this morning, or stream the podcast whenever you want. Search JB and Sandy on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Apps three Austin dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's JB and Sandy for our friends at Kowala Cooling, Scott and Stacey. You know the same great people behind kangaroof that I've been telling you about for a while. They are the same people that own Koala Cooling and Plumbing. They're great people to know, and they're really great to know if you've got AC problems.
Speaker 5: When I do big, big decisions like this, I like to know the owners. Yeah, I've met Scott and Stacey, great people. You do not want to get caught with your pants down in Texas with a broken air conditioner.
Speaker 2: The way to prevent that, even if your.
Speaker 5: AC's working fine right now is to set up a service plan, have them come check it and it may end up saving you a bunch of money. If you're unfortunately in the need of help right now, call them immediately to get you cooled off again, because it's only going to get worse in the next few months.
Speaker 2: And don't forget about plumbing.
Speaker 1: If you've been putting off for a pair for a leaky fast or a clogged drain, Koala can help you out with that too. Contact them at Koala Cooling dot com or call five one two seven eight eight hundred.
Speaker 2: Hon carot Olt Karen, just a moment we'd love to hear from you, guys.
Speaker 1: She was a text message at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred.
Speaker 6: Care.
Speaker 2: Tricia Carroll.
Speaker 1: Don't care to know what states in the United States spends the least money on.
Speaker 3: Only fans the least money.
Speaker 2: Yep, the least amount of money.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm more interested in who spends the most, but I will care about who Our most wholesome state is.
Speaker 1: State of Mississippi spends less than anybody else, followed by Louisiana, Arkansas, Alabama, and Alaska.
Speaker 3: The least spent on only fans pages.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, that's the They're not down with the only fans. Okay, I feel like only fans is one of those things. There's people that make a lot of money and people that make none. Yeah, am I right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean some people make a lot of any millions.
Speaker 1: Right, but there's a lot of For every one of those, there's a thousand that make none. Yeah, I'm guessing. I don't know, Trisa. There is a new term. It's called faux pot. Would you like to know what faux po stands for?
Speaker 3: That is the one I'm interested in. Yeah, fear of people's opinions. Oh oh yeah, I don't care about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They say it's human nature to care about what other people think, but letting this control your day today can be incredibly damaging habit that some experts believe is a constrictor of human potential.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're if you're so you can't do your own thing because you're so worried about what other people might think. Definitely, the older you get, I think, the less you care about other people's opinions. But I mean there is a little part of all of us that you do kind of care. You should, and but I think as you get older, you become more aware of controlling it. And being like whatever, Yeah, I mean you but yes, but there's parts of you like you want you care about other people's opinions.
Speaker 1: So you take care of yourself, right, you know what I mean? Are you you clean your fingernails?
Speaker 3: Anybody who says they don't care at all, at any time about what other people think, that's online, right, there's no way, there's no.
Speaker 1: Way, exactly finally in carried out care Tricia or don't care to know what. Owen Wilson has been confirmed for It's a new movie.
Speaker 3: Owen Wilson. Yeah, I mean I guess sure.
Speaker 1: He's been confirmed for the fourth Meet the Parents movie.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's described. He stars.
Speaker 1: He joins Ben Stellar and Robert Narrow for the next chapter, which the son of Stiller and Polo's characters get engaged to a tough woman played by Oscar Nominee Ariana Grande.
Speaker 3: Where they got a hell of a start, Grande. She's all over the place right now?
Speaker 2: Is she in the building?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: That is only hunters, the only killers in the only murders in the buildings.
Speaker 2: Is it one of the Selina.
Speaker 3: Leena Gomez, Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, strange that I got there before you get weird. Yeah, so uh to meet the parents. Franchise hysterical, It's very funny.
Speaker 2: Can you know I have teats,