Speaker 1: Breaking news and this one is almost unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all about new customers at bet three sixty five because they get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when they bet five dollars. And even better, bonus bets can be used on the spread totals and player props.
Speaker 1: There you have it. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets and see why it's never ordinary at bet Boss five.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem call one in one hundred. Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Terms and conditions applying.
Speaker 4: Black Friday is coming, And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well.
Speaker 5: There's something for them this year too.
Speaker 4: Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and out of thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundles when you spend four hundred dollars or more so if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad. Get them Botesian at the push of a button, make bar quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattans, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for ae hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: Amazing toys an't just for kids.
Speaker 4: Get one hundred off of cocktail Maker when you spend four hundred through cyber Monday. Visit Botesian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A R T s i a n dot com slash cocktail not breaking news.
Speaker 1: And this one is almost unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all about new customers at bet three sixty five because they get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when they bet five dollars, and even better, bonus bets can be used on the spread totals and player props.
Speaker 1: There you have it. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets and see why it's never ordinary. At bet Basics five gambling problem call one in hundred Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Terms and conditions applying.
Speaker 4: Black Friday is coming. And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and under thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartesian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off.
Speaker 6: Amazing toys aren't just for kids.
Speaker 4: Get one hundred off a cocktail maker when you spend four hundred through Cyber Monday, visit Bartsian dot com. Slash cocktail that's b A r T E sia n dot com Last cocktail.
Speaker 7: When you choose to earn your degree online from Southern New Hampshire University, you're saying yes to new opportunities and to new adventures. You're saying yes to something big, something you've always wanted to do. If earning your degree is one of your goals this new year, SNHU can help you get there. With low online tuition, no set class times, and multiple term starts per year, you can set the pace that works for you and save money along the way. Visit SNHU dot edu today to get started.
Speaker 8: Oh Radio, Welcome to.
Speaker 9: The WWE podcast, your place for the most passionate wrestling analysis on the web.
Speaker 8: Just turn Roman Heel. What is WWE Waiting for?
Speaker 9: Another wrestling podcast put you to leave? You can count on the WWE podcast to keep you engaged in asking for more.
Speaker 8: I've been watching wrestling for over twenty years and that was one of the best matches I've ever seen.
Speaker 9: If you're easily offended, this.
Speaker 8: May not be the show for you. Whatever happened to the men being able to physically retaliate against the women in WWE? This is a fantasy environment.
Speaker 9: This is unlike any other wrestling analysis, So without any further delay, let's get this show started right now.
Speaker 8: Hey guys, welcome to the WWE podcast. Thank you for joining me and Brow I'm actually live, I'm blog talk radio, so I'm gonna get to my review in just a minute, and I'm going to bring on a co host momentarily as well, and thank you guys for joining me. This is the post Royal Rumble Show, and there are quite a few things that I want to get to, very very passionate stands that I want to take on a number of things, and that's including the Naya Jacks. Just nonsense, nonsense, there's no other word to put it, and really just no logic built into that at all. And I'll get that momentarily as well. And obviously the No Way Jose. If you guys follow me on Twitter, by the way, at the WWE podcast, you'll be able to check out my thoughts on that as well. And you know what, I tend to tweet out things that are things that are I guess, constructive criticisms, but in general, I do love the product and I enjoyed The Royal Rumble as a whole. So you know, I tend to tweet out things that are a little bit controversial just to spark some conversation, but I do believe it everything I tweet out that I don't just do it just to do it, and so guys think of joining me. I am back on a live radio format live blog fat on blog time Radio here, so you can check me out and I'll be tweeting out the link to that in the coming days. Kind of a new format here. I used to be on this format and now I'm back and I will be taking calls over the next few weeks. And I think it's a cool format to be able to bring people on and give their opinions on what's going on in WWE and be able to bring on the listeners. And so that's going to be returning. And the co hosting format as well is something that I'm trying to do on a summer regular basis. So if you haven't followed me before, this is a WWE podcast. I'm not affiliated with WWE, but I am a big, big fan of them obviously. I am just a fan doing this podcast for fans, and so I'm available really anywhere you have a podcast app. I mean, I don't need to listen them all. If you've got Apple, you got Google, you got anything else on any other platform that you have, So give me a check there. And also I am on Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast where you can check me out there and get an ad free experience, exclusive shows, shout out on the show. You can even come on the show. We can co host a show, and there's a lot of cool perks there on patreon dot com slash WWE podcast and for just a dollar you can get all those cool things and get yourself in the game. And I do appreciate all of you who have done so. And the latest patron of the show and that is Troy Blackstone. Nice easy name for me to pronounce sometimes the names are a bit difficult. Very very cool, easy name for me on that one as well. So thank you, Troy. It's a pleasure to have you on board and I hope you enjoyed the experience. A lot more is coming as well as video reviews, so check on patreon dot com that will be exclusive to that show. To that feed is the video reviews. So guys, thank you once again. I am I'm very honored to have you here listening to this show. We are live as live can be on block Talk Radio. So again, this will be a format that is going to be continuing and if it's successful, I will be doing this on a weekly basis where we can discuss as a community. WWE. This is a really a format and a platform that I want to be able to use for you guys to voice your opinions on a on a stage that is I guess it's a stage that we all share common ground on and that is the WWE. And so thank you guys for giving me a listen. Please, if you have a moment, rate and review me iTunes or anywhere else that you have have the ability to rate and review me. So now, guys, before I bring on, uh, bring on the co host, just some overall thoughts on the Royal Rumble. I just some quick thoughts and then we'll get to our our co host who is on hold. And that is the Royal Rumble was. As I said, I thought it was a very good show. I didn't think it was outstanding, but I thought it was a show that was very I thought it was very good on the wrestling end of it. Some of the storytelling was a bit question of I think the Shane McMahon win Shane and mis win was a bit over the top. As you guys know, I'm not a big proponent of Shane McMahon, just kind of jumping in every time that he feels the need to jump in and win the championship or headline WrestleMania for a fifty year old man that is at best a part time performer, and have him believe that we were supposed to believe the fact that he can go toe to toe with all these world class athletes. I mean, it's it's just it's kind of ridiculous in my estimation. And I do have some thoughts on that as well, and we're gonna get to all that. So without any further ado, he's not gonna continue to labor on about this the Royal Rumboldt, because man, it was a marathon show and there's so much to discuss. But while I do that, I want to bring on our co host, and this is Ashley. If you guys listen to my show, she was on as a co host. I think it was three four weeks ago. We had a great conversation, so you can check that out as if you'd like to, and I think it's something that's worth listening to. And so without further ado, I'm going to bring on Ashley to the show and get her take on the Royal Rumble and we'll see where things take us. So, Ashley, you are now on the show. What's going on?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 11: Can you hear me? Okay?
Speaker 8: Yes I can loud and clear.
Speaker 11: Awesome.
Speaker 8: So before we get into the details, I kind of gave my quick overview of the rumble. What what were your thoughts as a whole for the show?
Speaker 11: I think it was it was a pretty good show. It was. It was pretty decent. I guess it was everything else expecting it to be in some aspects. I guess I wasn't expecting it to be as long of a show as it was, but you know, what can you do? But it was actually pretty good. You know, there's some minor complaints and things that just that you know, questions on. But I don't know, I would say maybe like a C plus, maybe a B show maybe what about you?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm kind of in that boat to more of a probably B B minus. You just had. I mean, there were some things that I have questions on, scratching my head a bit and a bit towards the fact of w W claiming that they are giving this fresh start and I'm still seeing old habits and you know, so there were some things that you know, I really loved, and there are some things that I just like Nia Jack said. I know, I'm having a lot of feedback on Twitter, a lot of backlash on it with this Naya JACKX just entering the World Rumble and the fact that we had Becky Lynch and her herself in the Rumble and you had Fit Finley who just decided that he can now just tell people that, yeah, go ahead. I mean, some things like that, just the continuity of of of the storyline sometimes just are head scratching. You have to really really suspend your disbelief. But so, what would you say if you were to rank the top two matches of the night, what would those be? Oh?
Speaker 11: Man, I think I think the OSCA Becky match was was good. I was very surprised with Becky tapping out, which I'm sure we'll discuss in a little bit. Kind of mixed feelings on that, and I was I was pleasantly surprised with the men's Rumble match. AJ and Brian's match was okay. The crowd was just not into it at all, and I'm thinking maybe because they were so like emotionally drained from the women's Royal Rumble match that was. I'm pretty sure I was right before it, but I was. I felt bad for aj and And and Daniel a little bit just because, like, mechanically the match was good, but they just the crowd just wasn't into it. And I don't know if maybe it's because we seen it so many times now or what, but I was kind of let down a little bit in that aspect. But if I had a guess, and Sasha Banks and Ronda Rowsey had a pretty okay match, again, there was maybe too many reversals and just I don't know, like maybe it was too choreographed in a way, just like too planned in that aspect, but it wasn't terrible. But yeah, if I had a pick too, I would probably go to the Men's Rumble and the Beskie or Besky the Becky and Oscar match.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I will. I will second that on the Oscar Becky Lynch and we can start there. Let's get a little more detail about that match, And as you just alluded to it, I was thinking this as all, like the reversals in that match was almost at a level of video game. I mean they were all I mean, let's not let's not you know, shake around the Bush. They did a very good job. There wasn't too many botched spots. It looked like they practiced this over and over and over to the point of, as you just said, it looked almost overpracticed, and that can be kind of a blessing and a curse. And so it was almost as if they had like the R two button on the PlayStation, like on lock, Like they just kept reversing, reversing, reversing. But to that extent, I think they have good chemistry. They put on a match that was very wrestling heavy, and what I mean by that is almost like an amateur wrestling kind of way, and instead of just punches and kicks, it was more of that chain wrestling that I enjoy myself.
Speaker 1: Breaking news and this one is almost unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all about new customers at bet three sixty five because they get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when they bet five dollars, and even better, bonus bets can be used on the spread totals and player props.
Speaker 1: There you have it, bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. And see why it's never ordinary at bet Basic five the Gangling Problem Call one hundred Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Terms and conditions apply.
Speaker 4: Black Friday is coming, And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and under thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartisian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off.
Speaker 6: Amazing toys aren't.
Speaker 5: Just for kids.
Speaker 4: Get a hundred off a cocktail maker when you spend four hundred.
Speaker 6: Through Cyber Monday.
Speaker 4: Visit Baptisian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A r T E s I A N dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 7: When you choose to earn your degree online from Southern New Hampshire University, you're saying yes to new opportunities and to new adventures. You're saying yes to something big, something you've always wanted to do. If earning your degree is one of your goals this new year, SNHU can help you get there. With low online tuition, no set class times, and multiple term starts per year, you can set the pace that works for you and save money along the way. Visit SNHU dot edu today to get started.
Speaker 8: You don't see that too often. And the only I think downside to that was this is Sasha Banks versus Ronda Rousey. And when Ronda Rowsey came in, she was this just unstoppable badass from UFC that you know, you looked at her and just she you know, you could believe that she would go toe to toe with many of the men and probably beat them. And she just she seems to on an even playing field with a lot of the wrestlers. And I would like to see Ronda be more dominant rather than always being taken to her limits. Just as Brock had to be taken to his limits with Finn Balor. I don't know why we always have to put people on level playing fields and they can't just have them have a dominant matchup. With that said, obviously, I think it's the red outcome having Ronda Rousey beat Sasha Banks. I think that was the right move and really the only Every Week could have made. And that cool little nod and wink to the Four Horsewomen.
Speaker 11: At the end of that match, for sure. Yeah, And I think, honestly, I think that match was designed just for that outcome after the match was to just remind everyone about the four Horsewomen and you know how Ronda that was always Rnda and her friends like they're saying, and how Becky, Sasha, Charlotte Flair and oh my gosh, I'm drawing a black four oh and Bailey. Of course, they just established themselves in an XT in a very similar yet different fashion compared to Ronda and Shanna and all them. So I truly think the Ronda and Sasha match was just to maybe plant the seeds for the future feud between those eight women. Now, depending on what that's going to be is another story, you know, depending on what's gonna happen with Ronda after WrestleMania. She's really leaving or she's gonna stay for a while. You know, that's all hearsay at this point, depending on who you want to believe. But the match itself was was was good and like like you said, like a video game esque type feel to it. But yeah, I think Ronda still at this point, especially like her first year, she should have just been in my opinion, essentially like just demolishing the roster and just going through of them. And at this point, maybe like if throughout the past however many months she's been there now, what maybe ten ten months, twelve months, maybe I think it's been here now just building up to it so have squash matches and then building up to tougher opponents. And maybe if she had gone through squash matches or just been if her matches had been more one sided, maybe last night's match against Sasha could have been more competitive, but still not as back and forth as it was, just because Ronda is a badass, you know, and Ronda Dick's come from a legit UFC and MMA background, so she if it was, you know, everyone knows if it was a legit one on one fight, Ronda would have crushed her like instantly. So I just I wish we kind of had that more of a feel in Ronda's matches right now, especially if the end all is going to be her versus beckyat WrestleMania, that should be one hell of a match. And I just feel like it's kind of lessoned Ronda's appeal a little bit more than they maybe have needed to at this point.
Speaker 8: Well that's just it, And I think the danger of my argument, I guess I'm arguing against my own argument is that now and you heard it last night, is the fans are starting to turn on Ronda. And I mean it wasn't that over the top. I mean she's been I think over the last probably two three months, the fans have started to I guess wear out she. I guess the fans are viewing Ronda as wearing out her welcome. On top of the fact that she's competing regularly. I mean, she's competing in tag matches on raw, singles matches on raw. She doesn't feel as special as she did, and maybe that's because of overexposure. And I know they're trying to have a champion that's there on a weekly basis and not an absentee champion like brock Lesner. Right. I get that, but I think that having Ronda there, she does have some awkward kinks in her promos, you know, the avocado toasts, weird stuff, and she has she has her own little kind of just nuances that don't always connect with fans. But to be honest, as you just said, she's been there a year. I don't think there's anybody that could walk in there, and outside of Kurt Angle, who picked it up faster than anybody who's ever picked it up coming from amateur to professional, having Ronda translate all of her skills as quickly as she did from MMAD WWE is absolutely amazing. I mean, promo's it's gonna take a while to really find your voice, and I get that, but I think her overexposure and the fact that she hasn't really connected with the fans yet and now she's just she's the champion. She's running rough shot in the women's division. I think the fans are starting to build a little resentment towards Ronda Rousey and they're starting to say, hey, yeah, that was cool. She came in as the MMA badass. It was awesome to see her tap out Stephanie and race hell on raw and go against some heels we don't like. But now she's starting to compete with the rest of the roster, and eventually she's gonna run out of heels to face and she's gonna have to translate into the baby Face realm. And at that point, the fans are gonna have to make the choice, Hey, are we going to side with this woman who's been here and has been a mainstay for years and we respect and watched grow an NXT and made it to WWE and we followed them along their journey, or are we going to side with this star that made the transition into WWE and is now rumored to be taking a leave of absence after WrestleMania. So that is I think what's starting to leak into the fans' minds and why she's not getting such a big reaction on the baby Face side that Vince would like to see. And the fact that now we have Becky Lynch who is up next, who I believe will get I think it'll be a ninety percent support for Becky and ten percent for Ronda. I really believe it'll be a landslide heel and babyface reaction for Becky and or a baby face reaction for Becky and a heel reaction for Ronda. I really believe the WrestleMania crowd is going to bury Ronda Rousey, oh for sure.
Speaker 11: And that's exactly part of what I was just gonna say. I think two things have hurt Rondo. I think on her promo skills alone, she's never really been one to be like the best talker, even in her UFC days, but she never really had to because that's not what the USB was designed to do. Like it's straight fighting. Yeah, you know, you have your people like Tom McGregor who are just naturally gifted in that area, but it's it's not promo heavy over there. So I feel like with her, she maybe a downside was just trying to base her promos and ward them in a WWE white and script. I feel like maybe if she was able to just be more natural and go out there, maybe like of course I give her bullet points and just but have her go out there and just naturally say what she's thinking and feeling. Because there's some backstage interviews like that she'll do after the show or whatever that I just I can relate to and and I can believe that's how she truly feels. Like the one she did last night after her magic in Sasha. I'm not sure if you saw it, but it was like maybe a minute or two interview backstage, and it was just she was just talking. She was just reacting to the match and her emotions and what it meant to her and just the fight itself. And I feel like if maybe there was more realism in what she's saying and less of w W having her say exactly what they want her to say or what they think she should say, like certain words and things like that, I feel like it feels more natural for her would be easier. And then two, I don't think anyone expected Becky Lynch to rise as much as she has within the past few months, So I think that kind of backfired on Ronda, because I feel like if Becky hasn't become this megastar that she has and is still destined to become up until rustle Mania, I feel like Ronda would have more support on her side. But like you said, now that we have a Becky Lynch and who is a believable badass in her own right. And like you said, she came up from NXC, she came up from the bottom of it and worked her way up and we saw her journey that so we weren't able to see with Ronda, which isn't necessarily her fault. It's just that it's your average person can relate more to Becky than they can to Ronda at this point. So I think that's just gonna hurt Ronda at WrestleMania. So I'm definitely interested to see the crowd reaction and I'll be there. I'm so still gonna be my first one. And I was always gun ho Ronda, like I couldn't wait, you know, to go into Rondo. But now I'm more so leaning towards Becky because I just, you know, it's that feel good moment again and just to have however many years it's been for Becky just to pay off at WrestleMania to get her moment, I just feel like that's gonna be just it's worthwhile for Becky and I think it's really gonna hurt Ronda. And honestly, I think if Ronda does take time off of WrestleMania. It could be for the best, you know, have for you know, just disappear for a few months. Whatever she's gonna do. You know, that's her business, that's fine, but that could be probably the best outcome for everyone involved and maybe come back like survivor Serious Time or SummerSlam, depending on, you know, what she has going on outside of WB. But I feel like after WrestleMania to be the best for both individuals in that aspect.
Speaker 8: And you just touch on something and I touched on this on a show earlier this week that I think that if Ronda does take time off, and I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world. I actually think if we is trying to keep her a fan favorite, that taking time off would be the best possible thing that could happen for her Randa's career, because the turn is it's happening as we speak. And we saw the results of that from the fan the crowd reaction last night, and you know, there's forty thousand people I would say it was probably seventy thirty against Ronda. I mean it was it was very obvious of the path that fans are are on, and it's just going to continue to wrestle Mania, and so if she takes time off, I think that absence will make the heart grow fonder for the ww fans. And because beyond WrestleMania, I really don't think there's anything left for Ronda to do at this point, and if she takes from April till November off next this coming year, I think that would be the best thing that they could do for her fan favorite character. Now, with that said, I still believe that Ronda will be I think in even more successful heel than she has a babyface because of that, just that that mentality and that that star power that she brought from the UFC. She can use that to get the fans to think that she's an entitled and unstoppable force in the women's division. So you could really have her playoff of that, and she's, you know, say, hey, look look around, I've beaten everyone there is to beat here. There's nobody left. And so she's eventually gonna run through all the heels that are on the roster and she's gonna have to turn heel herself to find fresh competition.
Speaker 2: Breaking news coming in from BET three six five, where every nail biting overtime win, break away, pick six, three point shot, underdog win, buzzer beater, shoot out, walk off, and absolutely every play in.
Speaker 5: Between is amazing.
Speaker 2: From football to basketball and hockey to baseball. Whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. At bet three sixty five gambling Problem Call one eight hundred Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia.
Speaker 5: Black Friday is coming.
Speaker 4: And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and out of thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartisian at the pushup a button, make far quality Cosmopolitans, Marktini's Manhattans and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for ae hundred off amazing toys. An't just put kids. Get one hundred off of cocktail maker when you spend four hundred through cyber Monday. Visit martsian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A r T E s i a n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 7: When you choose to earn your degree online from Southern New Hampshire University, you're saying yes to new opportunities and to new adventures. You're saying yes to something big, something you've always wanted to do. If earning your degree is one of your goals this new year, SNHU can help you get there. With low online tuition, no set class times, and multiple term starts per year, you can set the pace that works for you and save money along the way. Visit SNHU dot edu today to get started.
Speaker 11: Oh for sure. And it kind of reminds me of back. I think it was right after wrestling in nineteen, after Rock beat Stone Cold and in their final match of their little trilogy that they had going on to wrestuming Is and he kind of came out and he's like, you know, I beat everyone, there's no one else to beat. And then next thing, you know, I believe it was Goldberg who came and that's started their feud. So not saying there Randa, you know, is on their level or anything like that, but I feel like you can kind of take that same aspect have her take some time off. That would be the main difference between those two scenarios, of course, but have her takes some time off and then have her come back and then just depending on who the hot baby face is, if it's still Becky, come back and just be this dominant badass heel say, I can you know, I beat everyone, And then if you want to go to the four horse on the row, you can do that. I just feel like when Ronda first came in, you absolutely had to have her as the babyface and have her have this this year to get the experience and to get the feeling and the transition into the wrestling world, which she's done remarkably well. Like I I had high hopes for her, but I didn't. I never expected her to pick it up just quickly, and I believe you said like a curt angle, like it's just amazing how quickly she was able to pick it up. So I think time off for her is the best option after WrestleMania because then too, like you said, it'll make us appreciate her more when she comes back. No matter what role she comes back in, babyfac or heel, I just feel like, well, we'll be down to cheer for her, we'll be down to do her even more so at that point, but we just we need that time to miss.
Speaker 8: Her, you know, yes, And I think because I know she wants to start a family, and hey, I'm all further, that's that's cool. I mean, I just think that not only that, which is obviously very important for her personal life, but the other kind of side effect is what we just talked about, is that that time away will give us time to miss her. And I just really think that there is a really awesome heel run coming from Rohnda, and I'm excited for it whenever it happens, whether it's the end of this year, whenever she returns, if she returns. I mean, this is still all speculation that she takes off time after WrestleMania, but uh, somewhere in that mind and in that in that body of hers is a nasty, awesome he'll run and I'm just excited for it. So so the Oscar and Becky Lynch match. I mean, I loved it, the only the only thing I have. And I'm trying to convince myself and talk myself into the fact that it's okay that Becky tapped out to Oscar. I'm having a hard time with the TapouT. I don't mind that Becky lost because I don't think that having her win the championship there would have made any sense in the path to Ronda. Wouldn't have. It would have been much more difficult from a booking perspective to to have champion versus champion, but the titles aren't on the line unless you're doing a unification match. It it would just been difficult. But Mike, and I'll just ask you first before I really give my my piece on it, is what did you think of the tapouts of Becky Lynch.
Speaker 11: Honestly, when it first happened, I was shocked when she when she was in and this I was thinking either one or two things was about to happen, because my prediction was Osco was gonna win from the beginning, but I was leaning more towards a disqualification victory. Maybe have like Charlotte come out and coss Becky so Becky's pissed off and like finds a way to enter the Royal Royal Rumble later on. Especially when I saw that their matches the first on the card for like the actual show, I was like, Okay, so this is a pretty good sign that Becky will somehow end up in the Rumble later on. Never thought that was gonna lead to her tapping out when it first happened, I was like, it's a shock and very disappointed in a way because she didn't need to tap out. Maybe long long term story wise, it's not gonna hurt her, and maybe come Tuesday everyone will just forget that it happened because she won the Rumble and that that moment was awesome and she you know, deserved to win all that good stuff. But I just feel like even if you try to overlook it, it still will. There's you're still gonna know, like if you go back and watch the rum but you're still gonna see that that Becky tapped out, and she's not the champion right now because she tapped out. So I just feel like the build for her character, maybe maybe you should have just taken like a disqualification. Because Devi is famous for finding outs to their matches, which I'm normally not a fan of.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 11: I feel like, especially one on one, it should we should have a definitive winner. But I think they kind of back themselves into a corner and in that aspect with that match. But I was expecting like a Charlotte or Rondo or even like a Shannon Basler to come out and just conspecting the match and then be pissed off and then, like I said, find her way into the rumble later on. So the tap out I'm not a fan of at all. But now I guess that maybe he just wants us to maybe not necessarily forget it, but just keep like, look at the bigger picture of what happened, that Becky won the rumble and that they didn't do us like they did daniel'brien however many years ago, and then not even have him in the rumble at all, which is what they could have done with Becky. But again, not a fan of the TapouT, so I'm hoping, as weird as it is to say, we can maybe ignore it in a way, which is hard to do. But yeah, man, I'm just not a fan of that. I feel like they could have done something differently besides having her tap out, like even pass out. Like I know it's so cliche since everyone compares her to Austin you know how he passed out against Brett, but something to that effect. But I just feel like that kind of like took her down, like maybe at Pegar too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I have no problem with the fact that she lost, But you have Beggy Lynch, who, not even any question about it, was the most over and surprising star of twenty eighteen and a woman, nonetheless, who was the talk of the industry for the first time maybe ever is in the modern era of professional wrestling, and you're having her build this path, this war path to Ronda Rousey, who was the queen and just dominated the MMA, whether it's men or a vision with the talk of MMA, and you're building these two to a head at WrestleMania, and you have her cap out to Osca, which look Osca is one of the most talented performers in the ww I have nothing against Osca. I know that they're also trying to legitimize Osca and make sure that she looks strong it is not just a fluke champion and gets some steam behind her too. But I'm sorry she should be secondary to Becky Lynch right now, because Becky Lynch and the reaction and momentum that she has gotten over the last few months, surprisingly since SummerSlam, which she turned on Charlotte, is not something that comes along very often, maybe once every five to ten years. That's how rare that this is, and much less a woman, which makes it even more awesome and more rare. And you have this happen, and you have her on the road to WrestleMania, not just lose by pinfall, which I would have accepted a little bit more, but lose to a TapouT, which now makes her look vulnerable to Ronda Rousey who uses the arm bar for a submission maneuver it just as you just say. It took her down at least two pegs for me, and I did not like it. If I was booking this, I would have had Becky just go off the rails and just start beating the holy hell out of Osca, getting disqualified, leaving Osca just in this this pile of a heap of just mess and having or Becky just standing there staring at her like this badass. Maybe Oscar was about to win the match, I don't know whatever, but having Becky looked very strong not tap out, and also having Oscar look like she was about to win the match and Becky just loses it and hits her with a chair or whatever. And as you just said, maybe they could have done some other shenanigans. I don't like DQ finishes, but in this case it makes sense, and the tap would have probably been the last option I would have booked for this match. It was it a good match, absolutely, I think it was a very good match from start to finish, well from start to almost finish, and that was the tap out. Why would you have Becky Lynch, the hottest female performed the hottest wrestler in the world. I mean, you can make that argument at this time, have her tap out on the official road to WrestleMania that we all know she's facing Ronda Rousey for and Ronda has a submission maneuver. You need to keep them looking both unbeatable, so you have no idea what's going to happen. Neither one looks vulnerable. Something has to give. That's what they missed, and that's what really hurt the match for me, oh for sure.
Speaker 11: And I feel like just real quick about that finish. I feel like, to me, I kind of compare it and maybe unfairly to like a John Cena on a Road to WrestleMania. There's no chance in how we would have ever seen John Cena on his Road to WrestleMania tap out to someone and then go on later on to win the rumble and then everyone be okay with it. John Cena would have never tapped out, like back in the day when John Cena was still gaining traction becoming the star that he obviously became. I just feel like me, obviously Becky isn't on the level of John Cena yet, but I just feel like it was unnecessary. W tw B has the luxury of booking their own finishes, so I just feel like the tap out was the worst case scenario they could have put Becky in because it was just unnecessary, and especially against Oscar. If you want Becky to lose, maybe against Ronda at Mania via submission, like if you have to have Becky tap out, then that's a whole other story. But I just feel like in the beginning of the Road to rustle Mania, having her tap out does make her look weak no matter what she did later on in the night. Yes, it was an awesome moment. I'm stoked she won and I didn't screw everyone over by having her not enter and all that crap, But I just feel like the TapouT totally could have been avoided.
Speaker 2: Breaking news coming in from three six five, where every nail biting, overtime win, breakaway, pick six three point shot, underdog win, buzzer beater, shoot out, walk off, and absolutely every play in between is amazing, from football to basketball and hockey to baseball. Whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. At bet three sixty five gambling problem Call one eight hundred Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia.
Speaker 4: Black Friday is coming, And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and out of thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale.
Speaker 5: You can get one hundred dollars off.
Speaker 4: Any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so. If the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartisian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattans, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for ae hundred off. Amazing toys an't just for kids. Get one hundred off of cocktail maker when you spend four hundred through cyber Monday. Visit Bartisian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A r T E s i a n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 7: When you choose to earn your degree online from Southern New Hampshire University, you're saying yes to new opportunities and to new adventures. You're saying yes to something big, something you've always wanted to do. If earning your degree is one of your goals this new year, SNHU can help you get there. With low online tuition, no set class times, and multiple term starts per year, you can set the pace that works for you and save money along the way. Visit SNHU dot edu today to get started.
Speaker 11: Totally.
Speaker 8: It just to me made it was zero booking sense there, I know that there. If you talk to a writer or talk to Vince, he would say, well, we need to make it'll probably be twofold number one. We need to make Oscar look legitimate and like a legitimate opponent for most likely Charlotte Flair for the rematch at WrestleMania. I get that. But the other argument be well, maybe we want to see Becky have something that she has to overcome. But that's no, no, no, no, that's That's the thing is Oscar is a one hit wonder for Becky on this path to Ronda Rousey, and it shouldn't be Becky Lynch dominating Osca, but it should be Oscar taking her to her limits and having this This is all about Becky. I'm sorry, it's all about Becky right now. And it's not at the expense of Oscar, who is who should not even be as over as she is based on the booking that she's suffered over the last number of months up until she won the Women's Championship. But it's all about Becky. And you really poured cold water on this, this Becky unbeatable almost transformation that she made. You made her like, oh my, who the hell's gonna beat nobody can beat her. She is, she's dominating, and that you just have her lose to Oscar who it just didn't make sense. And now we the good thing is that we have what two and a half months until WrestleMania. There's a lot they can do to re I guess, reignite her her persona and make her look more like a badass. And they can do some really good promo videos and maybe her talking about how she tapped out and how it's now going to make her stronger and that she's going through additional training. Maybe show her in the NXT Performance Center, you know, taking doing some submission reversals and things like that. There's some things that they can do. So that's the shining light on this is WrestleMania is still about eight weeks away and so there's time to repair it. But man, they really hit a roadblock no pun intended, you know, last night, and I was just I was shocked. So I guess the one thing was you know, anytime you're shore and wrestling, it's it's cool, but when you realize what that shock is, if it's good or bad, then you really step back and go was that really worth the surprise finish for sure.
Speaker 11: For sure, And like you said, I'm definitely a fan of the sports like field to a build up for either a big game or a big match or anything like that. So I hope they do take that route and have Becky explain and and kind of have like an in depth look and like what she was going through mentally when she tapped out and afterwards, and like maybe her her journey to even later on last night to get to find a way to get back into the rumble. I hope we see some type of documentary from the second she got backstage after tapping out to Oska to all the way leading up to WrestleMania, like her training. I just I feel like that would be very beneficial. And then obviously Ronda is a badass training. So I just feel like if they really put time and effort into production of actual videos and just like a story package, because they're I need it, depending on when they bring Becky over to Row, They're going to need that reinforcement just to show us and remind us how big of a deal this is. So I definitely hope they go that.
Speaker 8: Route, right, I think they will. You know, I don't know who talked Vince into this was a good idea for a finish. But the only as we just both said, is the only saving grace of this whole thing is there is a lot of time to repair this. Can they repair it fully to the point where I don't believe that Becky will be will tap out again? I don't, I don't know, I don't At this point I would say no, But again, there's a lot that they can do creatively between now and WrestleMania to make me believe and to really restore Becky's kind of intangibles that she had and that magic that she had which she quote turned heel Wwe seems to have a problem successfully doing every time they turn someone heal, it seems as if they get that baby face reaction. But so let's move on a little bit. I mean, I could talk about this women's division forever, but I do want to get to some other things. And so I know this is on the Kickoff Show, which is still amazing to me that the United States Championship was on the Kickoff Show. It's it's you know, I don't know. I get that they're trying to get butts and seats before the actual events starts so that you know you have people interested in the match that is kind of a mid to mid maybe mid upper card in a kickoff spot. And so while I feel it's a bit disrespectful the United States Championship, I get I guess while they were while they were doing this, what did you think if Shin Kannakamur defeating Russev to retain the United States Championship?
Speaker 11: Oh Man, Honestly, I don't see the point in the hot potato back and forth of the title. I am not one for quick title reigns or just for like a shock value or anything like that unless the build up has been there, like an underdog story or something in that aspect. But I'm not a fan of going back and forth with champions and just passing the title back and forth. I don't I don't see the purpose because it's not like they've built up Shinske in the past few weeks to be this unstoppable, unstoppable force coming back after Rusp and everything. So I feel like they I was expecting russ to win fully, I just I had him as my pick. I thought there's no way they were going to take it off of him. I thought it was gonna be a decent match, but I just figured there's no way they were going to take it off of him so soon, especially on the kickoff show. I guess I was obviously wrong, but I'm just I'm and I don't know if it's because I've all the talk with aw and all that stuff. O would say, I don't know Shinsky's contract or he was even looking to leave or have had anything to do with anything like that, and they're just trying to make shinsk happy or whatever. But I just I don't feel like the title change was the right move. I feel like Russav should have defended it successfully and then going to continue that story actually puts some more meat into their story and then have them build up into the next pay per view and have them defend it again. And if you're that set on having Shinska win, then maybe change it like a month from that or something like that. But I just felt like for Russa's sakes too, he just he needed a successful title defend and I just feel like they kind of blew it with that one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I said entertainment when he won the championship, but I think that, yeah, this anytime they bounce back and forth, it just devalues the belt. It makes you go, who really cares? I mean at this point, anytime they do that, and they do it a lot with like Tag Team, the Tag Team Championship, especially in SmackDown, at this point it's like, you know, you just you go, well, if it's New Day, if it's the USOS, I don't know, it's one of the teams. I mean, you just always it's almost as if you don't care who holds the belt. And I don't want to feel that way, but in this case I do. And and Russev, who I think had a hell of a lot of potential a few years ago with Ilana being his business managers. You know, he was that Bulgari and Brutin. He seemed unbeatable until Johnsena beat him at WrestleMania a number of years ago, and ever since then it's been a landslide. Yeah. I just I don't know what they're doing here. I don't know. And the whole logic of Russev getting mad at Shinsk a few weeks ago for accidentally landing on his wife, which really wasn't I mean, if you do the replay I mean, I know the announcers are trying to sell it like he landed on her. He barely landed on her legs. I mean, it's not even it's not even close. And the fact that Russev is the one that kicked him in the face, and so where do you think he's going to go? I mean, there was no logic behind it, so and he's the babyface in the whole thing, which made it even even more difficult to get behind him. And I think Russev is a legitimately funny guy. I mean, his humor is well known throughout the business. He's likable. But I just I don't know what to feel. I feel like I should care about this, this this program more than I do, and I don't. I think it's just simply bad booking and that shinsk has ever since winning the Rumble last year and losing to aj Styles at wrestle Mania, has just gone really almost nowhere, the same as as the Oska Cheez when she won the Royal Rumble last year. It's like they gave the fans that they wanted, but when they got to the destination, they didn't get the prize. I mean, that's what Vince McMahon seemed to do last year, and now Shinske seems to be just treading water. If you watch the Royal Rumble and we'll get to the men's Royal Rumble match, Shinzk almost did nothing offensively and was eliminated almost without any fanfare. I mean, he lasted I think twenty minutes or so, but he was just kind of hiding in the corner taking the bumps for the new guys that were coming in and didn't seem to be doing the whole hell of a lot. So he's just being kind of hidden in the roster right now for a guy that when you look at what he did in professional wrestling outside of WWE, it's it's almost criminal. I mean, it's crazy what they've done with some Shinsky and as you just said, maybe it's the aew thing. I don't know, but to me, Shinsk is kind of lost right now in this feud with Russev, and I just I don't know. I don't have much more to say about this other than I feel like I should care about it more than I do. So let's move on here. The Cruiserweight Championship. This was also on the kickoff show and that's Buddy Murphy defeating Dale with Tommy and Tazawa Ancalista to retain the Cruiserweight Championship. So thoughts on this.
Speaker 1: Breaking news and this one is almost unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all about new customers at bet three sixty five because they get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when they bet five dollars, and even better, bonus bets can be used on the spread totals and player props.
Speaker 1: There you have it. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets and see why it's never ordinary At bet boosis five gambling problem call one in one hundred. Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Terms and conditions applying.
Speaker 4: Black Friday is coming. And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well.
Speaker 5: There's something for them year too.
Speaker 4: Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and under thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale.
Speaker 5: You can get one hundred dollars off.
Speaker 6: Any cocktail maker or cocktail maker.
Speaker 4: Bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartesian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for ae hundred off. Amazing toys aren't just for kids. Get a one hundred off a cocktail maker when you spend four hundred through Cyber Monday. Visit Bartsian dot com slash cocktail. That's pr t s i a n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 7: When you choose to earn your degree online from Southern New Hampshire University, you're saying yes to new opportunities and to new adventures. You're saying yes to something big, something you've always wanted to do. If earning your degree is one of your goals this new year, SNHU can help you get there. With low online tuition, no set class times, and multiple term starts per year, you can set the pace that works for you and save money along the way. Visit SNHU dot Edu today to get started.
Speaker 11: I think with the Cruise, you're always gonna expect to have a decent a good match, like well, I guess decent is a very good match. They're always entertaining. I feel like they don't get the credit and the recognition they deserve, honestly, being you, one hundred percent honest with you, I don't I don't watch Two of five live religiously or as much as I probably should with the talent that they have, but they definitely have picked up ground in the past six or seven months or so. It was. It was a very good match. I expected Buddy Murphy to win, just because storyline wise, I didn't see any of them being plausible and to beat him. I thought, maybe it's anyone, maybe Hideo a Tommy, But Freddy Murphy. I am a big fan of his and I just think he's amazing in the ring of what he can do, and he just he makes his opponent look that much better as well. So I think he's a very good champion. So I definitely expected him to retain, and I'm just excited to see maybe what they do with him going forward and what his next few is going to be.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm I'm kind of echoing that again. I mean the whole Buddy Murphy thing. I think he almost had to keep him a champion. And the reason I say that is because the cruiseweight division doesn't get a whole lot of love on the main roster. And that's unfortunate because, as you just said, you don't watch two A five Live much. I don't watch two A five Live much. I don't know a lot of people that just rave about two A five Live. And it's kind of a shame that these guys who are really just killing out there are being overshadowed and not promoted enough by their own brand. Maybe they could just have a quick segment of money at raw. I mean, my god, three hours. You can't find just ten minutes to do a recap video of some sort every week, not just occasionally. I'm saying, like a mainstay, here's what's going on in two A five Live. Have a professional narrator, just describe the storylines that are going on instead of just the occasional Oh it's a you know, Buddy Murphy's HIDEO with Tommy in a grudge match on two five live. Make sure you tune in. I mean, we need more than that, and so Buddy Murphy retaining here I think was the right move because this was the most exposure. I know it's the kickoff show, but this is the most exposure that Two of five Live has really had on the Royal Rumble arguably the second biggest pay per view of the year or third depending on where your rank SummerSlam, and this was the stage to show off what they have and what potential viewers are missing for those that are not tuning into two of five Lives. So I'm fine with it. I don't know how many people that are just emotionally invested in the outcome of this. I think Buddy Murfrew is the right way to go so that people go, wow, he's a champion. He retained, So I mean, maybe I'll tune into two A five Live. I mean maybe that's a logic WW has. And so it's just I think on a consistent basis, they need to start promoting two A five Live, you know, more often than not, because of the fact that I don't think many casual viewers tune in.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm right there with you, and it really is a Shane.
Speaker 8: It is all right. So Let's get to something that probably most people more people are going to be talking about, and that is Shane McMahon and the Miz defeating the Bar to win the tag team titles. And this was one of the predictions I felt. I didn't feel like this was a lock, but I felt that this one was. It almost had to happen because this team has just formed, and I don't At first, I didn't know if I was supposed to cheer for the Miz. He was kind of a quasi heel, but he was aligning with Shane, who I think should be heal anyway, based on just the ridiculousness that he's involved in on a monthly and yearly basis inside the ring. And you know, I also tweeted this out too. I said, Hey, you know, the mss's dad was ringside and he was so proud of him. The announcers were putting his dad over and saying that his dad is finally proud of him. So I said, well, okay, so the birth of his daughter, the fact that he headlined WrestleMania, the fact that he made millions of dollars. He's an actual kind of movie star and he made he's been in WWE for what over a decade, and he's held the WWE championship and this guy or his dad, none of that made him proud, none of it. It all just got swept under the rug Son. I don't want to see you. I don't want to see your face until you win the Tag Team Championships. I mean really, I mean.
Speaker 11: It's just it's.
Speaker 8: No yeah. Moreover, I want you to win it with a guy that's not a regular performer and maybe maybe even a fifty year old man that is that just very rare that competes in the ring. Once you do that, you have my stamp of approval and you are you will be now no longer denounced as my son. I mean, it was ridiculous. The fact that and the announcers trying to put this over. I just I don't understand any of this. I do see as kind of a short term, we're maybe even long term prediction that one of them is turning on the other. Most likely the Miz is going to turn on Shane after they lose the Tag Team Championships, and which might be before WrestleMania. Is setting up a Shane versus mis match at WrestleMania so, but overall I thought it was an okay match. You have you know Shane who when he was standing on the top rope and he always gives you know, he does the cross like he's going to die and making sure that if he doesn't he die, that he you know, goes to wherever he believes he's going to go. And once he stood up there, I go, Okay, he's not doing an elbow because he just did the sign of the cross. I said, he's what's he? I don't know what he's going to do, but whatever this is has a fifty to fifty chance of him breaking his neck. And he successfully landed that shooting star press and I'm sure he was just a sigh of relief after he probably practiced that all week. But overall, I thought it was an okay match. I probably give it a you know, B B minus match overall. I just I just don't know what they're doing with Shane McMahon. Every time that they put him in the ring, they make him believe that he can go toe to toe with the Undertaker, for example AJ Styles at WrestleMania. It just angers me so much that we're supposed to believe this. But anyway, So what are your thoughts on this match?
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, I'm one hundred percent right there with you. I knew going into it, just if not no other reasons because of Shane McMahon, but I knew with all the high that they were giving Shane and Miss and like you said, the newly formed tag team and all that, that they were going to win. It was in my thought it was just a matter of time on when someone turns on someone and who is it going to be? And my normally I would say to Miss, but I have this weird feeling that it may be Shane turning on Miss to to lead to that match at WrestleMania, because you know, of course Shane has to have his big moment at WrestleMania, which still blows my mind. But yeah, I'm one hundred percent right there with you. I just I feel like it is gonna be Shane turning on Miss and we'll see and I feel like, of course we'll see missus dad ringside at some point, So if that plays a factor into the heel turn or whatever is to be seen, it wouldn't surprise me because they just love getting family involved and stuff like that. But yeah, I think it's it's absurd that Shane is an attacking champion right now, but I guess we'll see it. But yeah, I just I'm waiting to see how long it takes for one of them to turn on the other. But I mean, not for nothing. It was a very good match for he was involved, and Shane did hit a nice shooting star press. I was presently surprised in that aspect, so kudos to him. I don't know how long he practiced it or whatever, but I know he's done it in the past, like years ago. But it did look pretty and so kidos to him.
Speaker 8: For that it did. And what's crazy about it is Shane McMahon, a fifth old man who is almost never in the ring, and for the first time at least that I can remember, in I don't even know. I actually don't even know the last time that Shane McMahon attempt to day shooting star press and he landed it, and he landed it almost perfectly. And that you have brock Lessner at WrestleMania or nineteen with Kurt Angle attempt the same thing and almost break his neck. Granted, granted, at that point, I remember holding my breath at that time, I would say, I forget how old I might have been, eighteen nineteen years old watching this paper with my friends and we all just looked at each other like he's dead. I mean, we looked at him and he said, he's dead. And the way he landed. Granted that Kurt Angle was way further away from the ring that he probably should have been, which caused brock Lezard to land the way he did, but just the fact that Shane landed it and brocked it and is kind of a weird comparison. However, you know, you have you have Shane McMahon out here, and he I would I would love to see him as a heel. He has been a babyface since his return three years ago when that McMahon Vinton Kennedy McMahon award whatever the hell that was, then ended up having Shane return. I believe it was in Boston, and so you had. Ever since that time, Shane has been a babyface. And then he consistently gets put in main events of WrestleMania and then wins the World Cup at the much loved, beloved Crown Jewel pay per view, and then you know, you have all of these things he inserts himself in Survivor's series matches and is consistently one of the last competitors in the match, and just it, just over and over and over. And I love Shane McMahon, but I can't do this anymore. I need Shane as a heel. I think he would. He's been a heel, I think the majority of his career. You know, prior to him returning a few years ago. He was a great heel when he was with Vince, back when obviously twenty years ago, when Stone Cold and Vince were going at it, he was a great heel and I think he could be still a good heel. So just to backtrack to all this and circle back, Vince or Shane could very well be the one to turn heel here and I would love to see it. I think that that would be an awesome swerve to see Shane is heel rather than the Miz who has been heel ninety nine percent of his career. So I look, I'm looking forward to it if it happens. Do I think it will? I probably not?
Speaker 11: Yep, right there with you.
Speaker 8: So let's get to the women's royal rumble, and obviously Becky wins to the almost the surprise of no one. But that's okay. I think, you know, WWE doesn't always have to be unpredictable just to be unpredictable, and wrestling fans love to say, oh, that was predictable, Well, why is it such a bad thing when things are predictable? If it's what you want, it doesn't always have to be a surprise if it's the wrong outcome. I mean, just to be a surprise should not trump the right decision, and in this case, I think Becky Lynch was the right and only decision that I think WWE could have made short of the fans burning down that stadium if that had not happened. So we had a well I think it was seventy plus minutes at this match. This felt like a marathon match, and I think it's because the end of the match just went on and on and on. I don't think it was a bad match, In fact, I think it was. It was a great way to showcase their new talent that they have, and my god, do they have a lot of Asian and Japanese women that I think if you haven't watched NXT, have no idea who any of these women are because I think they debuted about three different Asian women that I mean, if you don't know NXT, you probably just say I think it was one of them. I mean, you really, they all seem to kind of blend together. And I don't mean that in any kind of racist way. It just they seem to all debut at the same time.
Speaker 2: Breaking news coming in from Bet three six five, where every nail biting, overtime win, breakaway, pick six, three point shot, underdog win, buzzer beater, shoot out, walk off, and absolutely every play in between is amazing, from football to basketball and hockey to baseball. Whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. At Bet three sixty five gambling problem Call one eight hundred Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia.
Speaker 4: Black Friday is coming, And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and under thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when.
Speaker 5: You spend four hundred dollars or more so.
Speaker 4: If the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartisian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for ae hundred off.
Speaker 6: Amazing toys on't just for kids.
Speaker 4: Get one hundred off of cocktail maker when you spend four hundred through Cyber Monday. Visit Baptisian dot com slash cocktail. That's b a r t E s i a n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 7: When you choose to earn your degree online from Southern New Hampshire University, you're saying yes to new opportunities and to new adventures. You're saying yes to something big, something you've always wanted to do. If earning your degree is one of your goals this new year, SNHU can help you get there. With low online tuition, no set class times, and multiple term starts per year, you can set the pace that works for you and save money along the way. Visit SNHU dot edu today to get started.
Speaker 8: Which again, if you don't watch the next product, it's a little bit confusing, but overall, I think, look, Becky had to win. She did win. Fit Finley played you know, the role of general manager for three seconds and just let Becky walk out. And apparently that's how you can just enter the Royal Rumble, by the way, and by the way, there's no just official way to enter the rumble. You just declare yourself in the rumble. And if there's an injured superstar, or if you take somebody out on the way to the ring, you can just instantly replace them. So that's just how it works. And if you're an agent backstage, you can play general manager and you can allow people to just go to the ring and no one says anything. It's just some of the stuff. I just they can clean this up so easily. Maybe it's just me being a fan for so long. I just look at this through the lens of like can this be believable? Like can they just clean this up? Please? I mean, just simple stuff. But Becky wins. It's the right move and to me, the only.
Speaker 11: Move for sure, one hundred percent there with you again, I feel like I honestly going into it, I just knew, especially with what happened earlier in the night with Becky tapping out or just losing in general, I knew she was going to end up in the match, but I was kind of scared that they were gonna pull the swerve just because they wanted to see that reaction and have Charlotte win. I just had like that pit in my stomach, like, oh no, they're gonna try something screwed, They're gonna cost Becky and just prolonged this whole storyline. But I'm happy they didn't and give us what the majority of us wanted and Becky winning. But yeah, the whole concept of qualifying too, or not even qualifying, that's part of the problem. But even being eligible to enter the Royal Rumble, whether you beat up someone who can't even make it down to the ring, which kind of blows my mind too, because you mean to tell me that Lana walks by all the agents and trainers and events and Triple H and everyone back there, limping by them, and they didn't notice that she couldn't compete until she was like walking down the ramp or the aisle and then that's when they all came out and realized, Oh, she's in horrible conditions. She can't go out. Like I just feel like that could have been like maybe like a backstage segment, like maybe throughout, like just have like a split screen and have Lina in the bag, like nursing her ankle injury from what happened earlier on, and just built that up throughout the match and then had a surprise intro and not have just Becky come out and just like beg fit Finley, like you said, of all people to enter the match, nothing gets Fit. And what he's done for the women's division over the past, however many years, is remarkable and he doesn't get nearly as much credit mainstream as he should. But I just feel like if that was the route they were going to go to get Becky into the match, they could have played it up from the beginning of the rumble because obviously at that point all the entrants have their numbers, they know when they're gonna go wild, they know where they're gonna be called, So just play that up. Just have foot screens, have Lana in the bag, nursing it, trying to ice it down. Whatever they're doing backstage ever meet with trainers, and it don't show Becky until Lana's number came up. Maybe play Alana's music, have maybe someone come out if you want them to, or just play her music, have it stop and then hit Becky's music and have her come out to that huge ovation, not have her beg in the aisle just to fit Finley to come and and enter the match. So I just feel like, maybe because that's some tweaking on that me personally, that's maybe one of the routes that I would have gone. But yeah, like you said, just having the whole concept of the Rumble could be cleaned up so much like with Zelena Vegas just hiding under the ring. Yes, there's no official rule when you need to enter the match or if there's a time limit before you even can once your music plays, and like there's like there's no time limit whether there's a minute or two minutes that you have to enter. But I just feel like there's just so many little candy things in a way that they can clean up on just to make it more believable and just to give you Because I love Rumble. It's one of my favorite pay reviews of the year, but just like little things like that was like, come on, you know, you don't really need to do that. It's just kind of being extra in a way and just taking away from the believability aspect of it.
Speaker 8: I mean, I overlook it. You just laid out some of it. I overlooked so many sins by WWE because the world Rumble I love so much that there's just so many just cardinal sins that they commit. I just I have to consciously say, look, I mean, I know that's not believable, but I just love the rumbles so much that I just I sit there and just meditate, like Okay, no, that that makes zero sense, But I love the rumble. My love for the rumble is so great that I overlook the fact that you can just walk out and answer the rumble if it injured superstars there you can hide under the ring. There's no limit by for when you can get in the ring after your music hit. So why the hell wouldn't everybody just hang out outside the ring and wait till there's only one person left. I mean, ridiculous stuff, and the fact probably the worst, the biggest offense to me as far as these just ridiculous things that they should just clean up. I mean, it's super simple. Is the fact that after you're eliminated, you can just come back in and if you throw somebody over the world, that's considered an elimination. I have no problem with if they, you know, you eliminate somebody from the match and that individual man or woman gets so angry and they come back in and they start beating down the person that just eliminated them. Even that, I mean, I don't like but if that happened, I would be okay with that, and only okay with that if they ended up getting thrown over the top rope by the eliminated person that it was not considered an elimination. It makes no sense whatsoever that a person who is just eliminated can still really participate in the match and just start throwing people over the top rope and that's considered legal eliminations. That to me is the biggest and worst offense when it comes to the Royal Rumble every single year that I have to overlook.
Speaker 11: For sure for sure, Yes, I'm right there with you, and I'm in the same bad because I love the Rumble. Besides Justsemania, it's probably my favorite pay per view. So it's just one of those things that I try myself to overlook, but it's just come on like those little things, just little tweaks. Like if you just hear make a set of rule, just lay everything out and have actual may become insensive to some of the things. It would just clean up everything and just make it more even more enjoyable than what it already is right now. But yeah, like we said that, I'm still said Becky Won, I think they finally made the right move in that aspect by having the person who everyone wants to win win and not trying to do anything shady or any funny business or anything like that before Rustlemania and you know, maybe have her lud and they had to pay Charlotte and just anything crazy like that. So I'm happy they at least gave us that and didn't pull another Danielbrien like I think it was like twenty fourteen or fifteen or whatever year it was. But yes, those are in Mada like they actually to the right way.
Speaker 8: Nightmare years. I mean when you said you had Raymisterio come out at number thirty and the crowd just absolutely tore Ray Maisterio apart because it was not. It was absolutely but he was just a collateral damage at that point. I mean, how WW misstepped on that one is still beyond me. I mean I still can't watch that rumble, and I still can't watch the Roman Reigns rumble win with the Rock trying to save him and even the Rock couldn't save him from being torn down in Philadelphia. I mean, it's just it's some of the most infuriating booking by WWE in the last five years. But back to the women's match, I mean, as far the rombo match goes like, look, I enjoyed it. I be outside of Becky winning, which was the right and only result of it, we could have made Casey Canizaro from the American Ninja Warrior Champion. She was, I think awesome. I really enjoyed watching her. She's she's athletic, but not in a typical pro wrestler way. She is She's taken her skills and really made them awesome to watch, and she just looks and feels different than all of the other competitors in that match. So Casey Canizarrow to me, was another standout from that match.
Speaker 11: Oh one hundred percent. I'm so glad you brought her up, And to be honest, I I'm ashamed of it now after seeing what she did last night. I wasn't too familiar with her. I watched NXT, but not nearly as much as I should. But seeing her last night, I was just so impressed. And it's just like I just I fell in love with her as a character last night. She just she was so believable. And where some people are very athletic you can do all of the high flying moves and acrobatic moves and whatever you want to call it, she actually makes it look believable and she just has a flow with it to where it makes sense, where it's not just like a spotfest, but everything she does has a reason and it was just just amazing to watch and I can't wait to see more from her in the future.
Speaker 8: And she makes it look effortless, and like you said, it's not just she's very smooth, like she has awesome control of her body. It's not just like, oh, someone hit me, and I'm going to oversell this like she just looks as you just said. Look, look, I am really excited for what she does in the future. I don't need to see her as Women's champion right now. But like, as long as they have a farm system, and WWE does, and Triple H's did an awesome job with the XT and the women's division is more relevant than it's ever been in the history of pro wrestling. You have Casey and a number of others waiting in the wings, and that's what is awesome about wrestling. And I think for the first time, maybe ever, the women are in terms of crowd reaction and in terms of relevance and what people are talking about, the women have overtaken the men. I mean, there's no question about it, I think. And that is a hell of a statement from a number of years ago when we had the Butterfly Divas Division title and we had pillow fights and all of those eye rolling, you know, mud fights and all this stuff that even as a teenager, I remember watching that stuff and that's when you know, you know, I would like, oh, it's women fighting in bron pennies. But I'm like, I don't really care, Like I don't watch that to watch that. I watch this to watch wrestling, Like I don't know. It never really appealed to me, even in the time of the attitude eras breaking news.
Speaker 1: And this one is almost unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all about new customers at Bet three sixty five because they get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when they bet five dollars, and even better, bonus bets can be used on the spread totals and player props.
Speaker 1: There you have it. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus.
Speaker 3: Bets and see why I never ordinary at bet basic five gambling problem call one in hundred Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Terms and conditions applying.
Speaker 4: Black Friday is coming And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and under thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad. Get them Bartisian at the push of a button. Make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off. Amazing toys aren't just for kids. Get a one hundred off cocktail maker when you spend four hundred through cyber Monday. This is Baptisian dot com slash cocktail. That's b a r t e s i a n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 7: When you choose to earn your degree online from Southern New Hampshire University, you're saying yes to new opportunities and to new adventures. You're saying yes to something big, something you've always wanted to do. If earning your degree is one of your goals this new year, SNHU can help you get there. With low online tuition, no set class times, and multiple term starts per year, you can set the pace that works for you and save money along the way. Visit SNHU dot edu today to get started.
Speaker 8: So when you think about where they've come from and where they are now, it's remarkable and I'm excited for the future.
Speaker 11: Right on, right there with you, right there with you.
Speaker 8: So the Daniel Bryan Ada Styles match, we kind of alluded to it a little bit, and I was a bit underwhelmed by this match. I don't think anybody really he has high praise for this match, and it's it's kind of a it's a damn shame because both men are beyond talented, both men are super over and this match just seemed to fall flat. I mean really, the only talking point outside of the match that I don't think it was terrible, but just was kind of like, h hum, is Eric Rowan. Eric Rowan coming back and ended up breaking up the pin and landed a choke slamon Styles and Brian ended up getting the one two three. So outside of the flat match that I think we all can just in Unison, say what are your thoughts on Eric Rowan? Out of all people interfering in this match.
Speaker 11: I again was shocked just because of I kind of envisioned Laria Sullivan to be in that position, and I understand he's dealing with some personal things and that's totally fine, you know, and I don't know if he maybe was their plan originally or whatnot, but I'm intrigued. I'm oddly intrigued just with this whole new Daniel b character. I feel he has a lot of scheme behind him in my mind. I mean, he's just great at pretty much any type of character or anything he needs to portray in general. So I'm interested to see where they go this pairing, and just I can't wait until Tuesday to see how they play it out and what Daniel has to say, and if Eric speaks at all Eric, or if Daniel's just gonna be the mouthpiece for both of them. But I'm I was pleasantly shocked in a way at first. I didn't really know what to make of it. Obviously, once he came out, we knew he was gonna get involved in some fashion, and I assume for Daniel, but I'm interested in a weird way. I'm interested to see what they do with Eric because I feel like him and Luke Carper has so much potential as big men and not just the stereotypical like a Bronze Droman, just like a monster, because they can actually go in the rings, maybe Lucarper more so than Eric. But I'm totally interested in seeing where they go with this and just to see how it plays out and if it carries on to WrestleMania and after that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know what, Like at first, I said Eric rowing, because we're so conditioned to when we see Eric I'm sorry, but we think irrelevance. I mean, yeah, he's part of the white family, he was part of the Bloods and Brothers, but he's never really caught on. And so when he took on this role, my initial knee jerk reaction was like, what him? But just the fact that he looked different. He looked like he was just in his normal clothes. He seems to fit that outdoorsy, earthy maybe even aligning with that whole vegan lifestyle. I'm sure he will of Daniel Brian being holier than now because he's a vegan, and I love it. I love that whole person. I'm digging that because you know, I think that that fits Daniel Brian well in terms of not being an arrogant guy because he's vegan, but he's actually a vegan. We all know he is, and him taking it to the extreme, And anytime you're a heel, especially a newly turned heel, you need backup, You need that faction you need people to take the hits for you while you scamper outside the ring, and you know, allow that person who's supporting you to get beaked down. I mean, it just makes sense, so having Eric Rowan. Look, I'm I'm fine with it. I like it right now. I mean it's only been one night since we saw it. There's a lot to a lot of work to do on the backside here, but I really am fine with it, especially given the fact that Eric Rowan has more or less been the irrelevant part of every team that he's been in since his debut. So I'm willing to give it a chance. Daniel Brian needs that heal faction and maybe he'll get even more members of his his stable. Maybe he'll name it something along the lines of, you know, I don't know, some kind of Vegan I don't know, Vegan supporting group.
Speaker 11: Yeah, kind I kind of get the whole in many aspects it's different, but kind of just saying like the whole, Like if you flash back to Stampunks with their Drita society back in the day. I kind of hope they maybe go that route, and I feel like Daniel Brian is the perfect person if they were going to pair Rowing up with someone for them to pair him up with, because Daniel is amazing on the mic, especially with this new character he's doing. He's I just feel like, in an odd way of a perfect pairing, And if they add maybe Lucan or whomever else, I just feel like it could possibly get better. But even if they don't, I feel like the two of them have so much potential and Eric can just be that bad as that that Daniel needs who Daniel shouldn't be fighting everyone gonna smack down or anything like that. So maybe if Eric just comes out and does like his dirty work for him or anything like that, I just feel like they have so much potential with this. No matter what direction they take it in.
Speaker 8: I'm willing to give us a chance. I mean, it is something new. I guess it's fresh, as WW likes to now label everything which they think they're bringing in by the way they think bringing in new people is what will make things fresh. No, what will make things fresh is their approach to how they look at professional wrestling and not these comedic, nonsensical, very scripted type of segments. And so look, I'm all for this, Eric Rowans so far. I think Daniel Brian needed something else he needed. He needed that support from other heel wrestlers. And I think Eric Rowan, who has been a heel almost his entire career, is a good fit, and he looked more natural. I didn't. I was tired of seeing him in whatever gas mask or whatever sheet mask he was in for years and years and years, and the Legend Brothers, I'm sorry, never really took off. It was kind of a offshoot of the Wyatt family and they were labeled as dominant for a number of months, but it never seemed to really catch on. And I'm all for an Eric Rowan reboot, and this could very well be that reboot for him. So a couple more matches here and then we will close it out, and that is Finn Balor losing to brock Lesner and losing, I think more interestingly via submission. I think personally that this was a smart move on the part of WWE. Where the Oscar Becky submission to me made no sense, this made sense to me because it number one, it didn't feel like a Daniel Bryan versus brock Lesner part two because it was kind of that same dynamic of David and Goliath, and it wasn't F five's that took him down. It was a submission maneuver that many of us forgot that he really had in his arsenal, And it was surprising that he lost via submission. To me, this was a good surprise. I know that we all don't want brock Lesner's champion. He's an absentee champion. I get all that, and Finn has a lot of fans out there. I'm a Finn Balar fan, but I'm looking at the big picture here of who is going to take down brock Lesner at WrestleMania. I mean, that's ultimately where WWE is headed. They're trying to make Brock seem as unbeatable as possible, and not only that he has the F five, but they reminded and re educated fans that, look, he's multi dimensional. He can beat you via the F five and he can beat you via submission. So I was surprised, but pleasantly surprised at how this match was booked.
Speaker 11: Same and I think too, seeing how much brock Plessener sold for Finn, especially outside when he had that incident at the table, you know, in his midsection, all that I was. I was pleasantly surprised with the match and what Brock was willing to do with Finn. I you know I did here, which if it's true or not, that you know Brock chose Finn to be an opponent, and whether that's true or not, I feel like you can tell when Brock is engaged and into an opponent or if he's just poning it in like he David Dan Ambrose however many years ago. I feel like Brock was into the match and he and it and that makes it believable. I think Brock, yes, he is an abstitute champion and all that stuff, but I feel like when Brock is fully engaged in something, I feel like you can get a good match out of him. And I feel like that's what we got last night. Part of me going into was thinking, maybe they do pull a swerve and have Finn pulled maybe an upset if you want to call it, that victory against Brock, just because of how much they were hyping up the do you believe and just like the underdog story and how much smaller Fin is compared to Rock. So I was thinking, maybe they pull like a quick swerve in an upset because they still have about two months or so before WrestleMania. Maybe Fin wins and then they fight at the elimination chamber and Finn loses it there or whatnot. So part of me was thinking, man, maybe maybe they did pull this out, but I figured first if the Demon Fin Valador isn't gonna come out, then it's probably less likely. And I kind of agree with the fact that they didn't have the dealon come out because I maybe would have needed more build up to the match against Brock. Maybe they had like an extra month or something and took that route. But I was I was. I was pleasantly surprised with the match, and I was four it. I think the outcome was right, and I'm just happy with the way Brock handled the match, and I'm excited to see Brock for success, honestly, and I feel like, knowing that that's most likely to match that we're going to get at WrestleMania, I feel like a competitor of like Finn Balor, which is very similar in statute two a seth Rowlands, like size and build and all that. I feel like it was a good little warm up match to the WrestleMania. They event that we're going to get between the two.
Speaker 8: As you just said to me, it's funny when you said, I never really thought about that. But as far as Brock, when he cares about a match, and when he doesn't, it's very obvious. And it's not just because of the way the matches book, but you can just Brock just't. He's very easy to read when cares and doesn't care about something, and in this case, I think he did. And as you just said, he sold the hell out of Finn Balor as he should have. I mean Finn Balor, who was the first Universal Champion and the obviously having to drop that out because of injury and never really got that one on one rematch that we've all been looking for since that injury. And he finally gets in and it's against Brock, and I think most people believe Brock was going to go over, and he did, but there was still that part of me that believe, well, why couldn't Finn win this. I mean, Brock is at the point in his WWE run where I think fans are at the point of okay, well, you're never really here, and when you're here, you stand there while Paul cuts a promo, and you know, you circle the ring and you give people smirks and smiles or whatever. You act like you don't want to be here, because you really don't want to be here. And so I think fans are getting a little bit exhausted of the Brocklesner act, even when he's there on a semi regular basis. It's getting old. And so having Finn take the championship there may not have been the worst move in the world. I'm sure it was discussed, but it's I mean, to me, it's Seth Rollins and it's brock Lessner and having Seth Rollins finally conquer brock Lesner, which to me, I know that we're kind of getting ahead of ourselves of the main event of WrestleMania, but I don't know how there's any other option other than Seth Rollins beating brock Lesner. I know that they have faced each other in the past when Sir Rollins was a heel and you had the authority actually bring in brock Lesler to face Seth Rowlis ones and people forget that. But they have faced each other before.
Speaker 1: Breaking news and this one is almost unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all about new customers at bet three sixty five because they get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when they bet five dollars. And even better, bonus bets can be used on the spread, totals and player props.
Speaker 1: There you have it. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets and see why it's never ordinary at bet basis five.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem call one in hundred Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Terms and conditions applying.
Speaker 4: Black Friday is coming, and for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Batisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and out of thirty seconds at the push of a bottom. And right now, Batisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad Get them Bartisian at the push of a button, make far quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattans and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for ae hundred off.
Speaker 6: Amazing toys aren't just for kids.
Speaker 4: Get one hundred off of cocktail Maker when you spend four hundred through cyber Monday. Visit Bartisian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A R T E sia n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 7: When you choose to earn your degree online from Southern New Hampshire University, you're saying yes to new opportunities and to new adventures. You're saying yes to something big, something you've always wanted to do. If earning your degree is one of your goals this new year, SNHU can help you get there. With low online tuition, no set class times, and multiple term starts per year, you can set the pace that works for you and save money along the way. Visit SNHU dot eedu today to get started.
Speaker 8: Albeit a number of years ago, and now you have a you know, a reinvent in seth rollins. He's got the baby face reaction that WM's looking for. He's arguably the hottest heal on the male side on Raw and to me, I don't know how they don't have seth rollins go over at WrestleMania, but that's months down the line. Anyway, I think that Finn in Brock was I think a better match than Daniel Bryan and Brock was. You had a believable couple believable near falls. You know, when he was driving brock leser into the quarter of the announced table that looked brutal. You could almost feel that, and the announcer sold it great. Brock sold that great. And to have that the strategy of Finn's to attack the mid section was a good strategy because Brock was unable to deliver offense because of his his injury in his mid section, in his core. So I think that was a good story to tell. I don't think anybody's taken that approach yet, and so I don't think Finn was hurt by this at all. I really don't. I really don't. Unlike Becky tapping out, I think Finn tapping out here did not hurt Finn balor. I think it actually elevated him in a loss, which is ultimately what you're trying to do for both competitors in the match, So overall, I don't think it was an A plus match, B B plus, maybe even an as as far as that goes. And I know people are pissed off about the booking, but we got to remember the big picture here, and that is WrestleMania.
Speaker 11: For sure, for sure, and I think it sets up perfectly for the Brock and Rollins match. So I'm just like I said, just Finn and set being so comparable in many aspects, I feel like that was the perfect warm up match for Brock and for us to see that he is vulnerable, so someone like Seth if and when he does be Brock, it's more believable for all of us in unison and not just like, Okay, well, you know, Brock needed to lose the championships so he can either take off or whatever happens after us. But I feel like it just sets up it's one more peg in Seth Rowland's journey to deceiting Brock Lesner exactly.
Speaker 8: And I think that that could be a hell of a match as well, and they could even go back to when when Seth cashed in at WrestleMania thirty one and ended up you know, hitting the curve stop on brock Lesner and Roman reigns and ended up capturing and spoiling that main event, cashing in the money in the bank. I mean, you could pull all the way from four years ago, and maybe they will. I think that there is a story there that they should and hopefully will pull from. And I think I'd expect that to be brock Lesler's last match in WWE for quite some time. I've been wrong before on this. I mean, we keep expecting Brock toon just just high tail it off the UFC and you know, we'll see you later. But I mean, he keeps popping back up, and I don't know if that's Vince McMahon who's just just salivating at the mouth for star power, or maybe even Brock is saying, hey, I'm not ready for UFC yet. I don't know what the deal is. I don't I don't know brock Lenzler's contract, but I think in most in most cases, contracts run through WrestleMania to WrestleMania, and I think this could be Brock's last match when he drops about the seth for quite some time, and that's fine. I think that that we need time away from Rock Lesner as well. So let's get into the men's World robo match. The last match here, got a few minutes left, expected seth Rolins to win this too, and again, predictability not a bad thing here. I think it was a solid match without its flaws, of course, And I'll just give my piece on the flaws and I will toss it to you for your reaction. Now, I will say that no way, Jose I watched him in NXT. He was never a guy that you took really seriously. I mean, he was the guy that you he was. He was kind of entertainment. He was very unique looking. You know, his hair is cool, right, He's got the connection with the fans all that. I get it. But then you bring him in here for basically Adam Rose two point zero and he comes out there with the rosebuds or the conga line or whatever nonsense you want to label it as. And then he gets in the ring and instantly gets eliminated. I don't know if he broke Santina Morella's record, I don't think he did. They would have announced it. And he immediately gets eliminated by Samojo, and then he just continues the congo line, like he just didn't care about losing the biggest opportunity of his life. And I know, I don't know if it's Vince McMahon trying to give a little bit of comedic relief, but you can't do that in the middle of a match that is has so much on the line, and a guy that's supposed to be presented as a professional athlete not care of the fact that he was not only eliminated, but eliminated in an embarrassing fashion, and then continuing just just congo line it up the ramp. It was to me that was faw number one, number two, this whole Naya jacks thing, And I don't understand the purpose of this. I've been trying to rack my brain around what exactly what was booking and management thinking when inserting Nia Jackson too. This not even getting into the fact that it makes absolutely zero sense for any female to ever enter or male to enter a female contest either way, it makes no sense from any perspective, even in a fantasy environment, makes no sense, and they're a PG environment And so all of a sudden, WWE just is now allowing male on female violence and all that stuff. Granted, I guess it was warranted because she considered herself in the match, and how she got in there to begin with is just infuriating to begin with, I just I don't understand this. She ends up actually dominating some of the men, which is even more crazy to me that. I mean, look, I am not a sexist at all, but there's just to me when you are dominating, you dominated raymisterio, you evaded an RKO at first, you know you come in there. It just I don't understand the per this. Even if she had won, I mean, what do you so Nya wins the men's royal Rumma match? So what are you gonna have her face? Brock Lesnar, I mean what, I don't understand this. Are we supposed to it was just supposed to be. Well, Naya is a tough, a tough female that can compete even with the men in the w W. What was what does this accomplish? I don't understand this at all. So I'm gonna leave it at that before I go on a twenty minute rent and I'm going to toss this to you.
Speaker 11: No, I again agree with you one hundred percent. I'm gonna start with no, way Jose really quick. I agree with you. The thing that I guess infuriated me the most was his lack of care was being eliminated. Yes, twenty nine people have to be eliminated. We get that. That's fine, that's the whole purpose of the rumbo match. For for you not to care at all, then why are first of all, why are you in professional wrestling? What is your goal? Your goal should be to eventually maybe even wrestle Mania to become the champion or do you even have a title shot? And if you get eliminated in a matter of mere seconds and you don't care that, I could see whatever you do, your little kannga dance down the aisle, whatever, that's fine, whatever, But with how quickly you get eliminated and you just you have no care about it and you just try to dang your way back to the back, like really, like, I just feel like it's obvious first of all that they don't take his character seriously, which is fine, but what's the point. Everyone who's in that rumble match should have the number one goal in mind to win to main event Wrussell Mainen. That's the whole purpose, that's the whole reason you're supposed to work your ass off the entire year up until Russell or up until even the world of Rumble. If you don't have that for sure, if you're not the champion, if you don't have a for sure avenue to possibly win the Rumble and then start your own personal road to WrestleMania, and for him not to care, it's just absurd to me. And I don't really care what kind of character you have at the end of the day, that should be your your number one focused and if you can just get eliminated so easily and not having care in the world about it, I just let's just scraped him. He let's just move on to someone else with him, Like, don't even bother putting him in the Rumble. It's not funny, Like I guess I kind of understand what they were trying to do, like you know, give us that brief break or whatever, like a santino As moment. But even with Santano, like, it's to me personally, it's not cute and it's not entertaining. It's wow, he's not taking it seriously, So why should I ever take his character seriously? For any title he worked to chase after this point, but left my take on Noue Jose the Naya Jack thing, it was just really confusing to me. I honestly didn't expect our Truth to enter the match at all, so I kind of figured there was gonna be some type of foolery going on with him. Never in a million years that I guess it would be a woman to take him out and replace him, let alone Nia Jacks, which I guess if it's gonna be a female, Naya makes the most sense. But the only part of me that could maybe maybe understand it and excuse it was if this was five six years ago and we didn't have a women's Royal Rumble Match, whereas China entered in Bet Phoenix. That was maybe not one hundred percent acceptable, but it kind of made more sense if you want to create this badass female character to show that she had the gumption and she was even willing to get into the ring to compete with the men to have her own chance at WrestleMania. But now that we have a women's war a wumble match, there's no need for that at this point, And like you said, there's no reason for a male to enter the female's war royal rumble and vice versa. I think at this point, it's just it did too much harm than good. And I believe didn't she eliminate Mustafa a lead in this match?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, that's going yet, Yeah she did.
Speaker 11: So that is just absurd to me. I was so impressed with Mustafa. I I love him and I can't wait to see how they build his character going for it. I feel like he has so much potential and he just he's one of those guys in one of those wrestlers that you just know, Jo loves this business and is willing to do anything that he needs to to become the best in whatever title he's pursuing and to get to that main event spot and for and to have him eliminated by Naya Jacks was just like really like it was just so unnecessary, and at first I was I was kind of concerned that, man, they're going to have her enter this match and then none of the guys are going to fight her because she's a female, you know, and obviously meeting female. I feel like, if if you put yourself in a situation like you need to be willing to accept whatever's going to happen because you put yourself in that spot.
Speaker 1: Literally, she's breaking news and this one is almost unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all about new customers at bet three sixty five because they get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when they bet five dollars, and even better, bonus bets can be used on the spread totals and player props.
Speaker 1: There you have it. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets and see why it's never ordinary At bet Basis five gambling problem call one in hundred. Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Terms and conditions applying.
Speaker 4: Black Friday is coming And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and under thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartesian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off.
Speaker 6: Amazing toys aren't just for kids.
Speaker 4: Get a hundred off a cocktail maker when you spend four hundred through cyber Monday, visit Bartsian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A r T E s i a n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 7: When you choose to earn your degree online from Southern New Hampshire University, you're saying yes to new opportunities and to new adventures. You're saying yes to something big, something you've always wanted to do. If earning your degree is one of your goals this new year, SNHU can help you get there. With low online tuition, no set class times, and multiple term starts per year, you can set the pace that works for you and save money along the way. Visit SNHU dot edu today to get started.
Speaker 11: She took out our truth and entered the match with all men. So again, I don't I don't understand the mindset behind it. It was just really unnecessary to me. I'm happy she got the RKO. She should have never got as much offense in auremysterio as you did, because not to be mean or anything, but just seeing the size difference between the two, like, we don't need to see that. We obviously know rais one of the smaller competitors. The Ray is just amazing at what he does like that. You never it never really sticks out, like there's always a David and Goliath aspect with Ray depending on who he's fighting Against's because he is a naturally smaller wrestler. However, you it never stands out. And just for me personally, just seeing Nia just pick Ray ups on her shoulders like she did, it was just really demeaning for Ray. It was just completely unnecessary and they didn't need to go that route.
Speaker 8: I get yeah, they I don't know what this was supposed to accomplish. I don't understand the This is the objective, guys. Nia is gonna come out, She's gonna get involved in the men's match, and no one's gonna say anything because it's the men's match. That's okay, that's a woman coming in, but we're gonna overlook that, and she's gonna come in and she's gonna toss ray around and eliminate misstafa Ali and then you know, eventually she'll get the six one nine is super kick in an RKO. I mean, I what, what does this do? What purposes to serve? I mean, it's almost like a flashback to when you know, they actually had men on woman violence in WWE, and you know when they had TV fourteen and obviously it was much more brutal back then and there was much more you know, sex swearing, all that stuff. But this is a PG environment where they have all these sponsors that are so concerned about the product WW is putting on TV, and they have this. I mean, I don't know, I don't know where this came from. We haven't seen this man and woman violence. Although be it albeit it was justified because then I put herself in that position since really they changed the TVPG. I don't know the last time that this actually happened. Typically it's been you know, if there is any violence, it's female on male and it's usually oh, I'm gonna, you know, slap you and then hide behind my husband or my manager or my or whoever I'm supporting or you know, there's always that, But then the men never retaliate. They just stand there and just and just give a mean face. I mean, so I figured that this one we would never see anything like this again. So I don't know where this came from or whatever Vince McMahon was. I don't I don't get this at all. As you just said, I popped when I saw her finally get the r KO like I, and I think all the entire audience did too. I mean in live in in Phoenix, and so I don't know. I know it was just to get Naya over as competing. I don't know. I really don't know. And the more I think about it, the more I get furiated. And the fact that she actually eliminated somebody is what really gets me. And Mustafa Ali, who has been lighting it up lately, especially you know he's got this program with Samoa Joe going on. He eliminated Samoa Joe. So I don't know, it just was. This was the most random thing I've seen in the Rumble in a long time. It was very cool to see Jeff Jarrett, though I did not expect to see Jeff Jarrett obviously with Elias out there and so Alias somewhat turning back to heel attacking Jeff Jarrett, which was kind of surprising. But all right, well, I don't mean to cut you off. We are running a little bit out of time here, but actually I want to I want to thank you. I want to thank you for coming on. And you know, I'm really looking forward to the next few months as we really ramp up WrestleMania season, and we've got a couple of pay per views obviously in between now and then, so we will definitely have to reconnect between now and then, and we'll have to have you back on.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's great. Thank you so much for having me. It's always a blast. But yeah, thank you so much, and keep up the great work.
Speaker 8: Thanks a lot. And before you go though, let everyone know how they can follow you.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, so I saw and change on Twitter handle. That's where Mark. That's gonna be one of my resolutions for twenty nineteen, I promise. So it's the number four s H seven three Y and I promise if I'm ever back on your show, I will change it to something more twenty nineteen ish so.
Speaker 8: All right, so you heard it here. First, it's breaking news that Ashley is going to be changing and updating her Twitter handle to something a little bit more modern, as you said, up to up to date. So awesome. Well, we'll be looking forward to that and we'll be looking forward to having you back on the show in the near future.
Speaker 11: Yes, sir, sounds great. Thank you so much again, I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, thank you, take care you too. All right, bye, all right, Well that was Ashley and guys, thank you for listening to the show. It's been a blast. And as always, follow me on Twitter at the ww podcast and also on Patreon at patreon dot com slash WWE podcast if you want to add free version of this and all my shows with exclusive shows as well. So, guys, thank you for joining me, and as always, i'll talk to you next time.
Speaker 3: So long.
Speaker 12: Twenty eighteen, Hello twenty nineteen, and hello to taking charge of your future with a degree from Post University. At Post University, every online program we offer has a number of concentrations and electives that let you customize your education to your career goals.
Speaker 5: It's just one more.
Speaker 12: Way Post makes it personal. Whether finishing your degree or starting something new. Learn more at cost dot edu or text degree. So four seven four seven four seven, your new life starts now.
Speaker 10: Car category names like sports car or subcompact sounds so one dimensional and great cars just aren't like the restyled Honda Civic. So I named a new category SPAFLU. That's SPA for sporty thanks to an available turbocharged engine. The eighth is for standard safety and driver assisted features like Honda Sensing, and the lou is for value test drive. The Honda Civic today.
Speaker 1: Breaking news, and this one is almost unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all about new customers at bet three sixty five because they get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when they bet five dollars, and even better, bonus bets can be used on the spread totals and player props.
Speaker 1: There you have it. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets and see why it's never ordinary at Bet five.
Speaker 3: Jambling problem call one in one hundred Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Terms and conditions applying.
Speaker 4: Black Friday is coming. And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each in under thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartisian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and.
Speaker 5: More, all in just thirty.
Speaker 6: Seconds, all for a hundred off. Amazing toys aren't just for kids.
Speaker 4: Get one hundred off a cocktail maker when you spend who one hundred Through Cyber Monday, visit Baptisian dot com slash cocktail. That's BA r T s i a n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 7: When you choose to earn your degree online from Southern New Hampshire University, you're saying yes to New opportunities and to new adventures. You're saying yes to something big, something you've always wanted to do. If earning your degree is one of your goals this new year, SNHU can help you get there. With low online tuition, no set class times, and multiple term starts per year, you can set the pace that works for you and save money along the way. Visit SNHU dot eedu today to get started.
Speaker 1: Breaking news and this one is almost unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all about new customers at bet three sixty five because they get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when they bet five dollars, and even better, bonus bets can be used on the spread totals and player props.
Speaker 1: There you have it. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets and see why it's never a mary at bet basic five.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem call one in hundred Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Terms and conditions applying.
Speaker 4: Black Friday is coming, And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too, Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each in ound of thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartesian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off.
Speaker 6: Amazing toys aren't.
Speaker 5: Just for kids.
Speaker 4: Get one hundred off of cocktail maker when you spend four hundred Through Cyber Monday, visit Bartisian dot com slash cocktail. That's p A R T E s i A n dot com slash cocktail