Speaker 1: Bassis dropping Soccer's morning show. Welcome to DH for another week, John, hear you there, And it is that week in the two week period when it comes to Major League Soccer where you hit the windows and it is it is entry, it's re entry, it's waivers, it's the half day trade deadline show that we kind of have and we drift in and out and we let you know those kinds of things. So we're kind of getting into that particular part of the season. We've also got an MLS Cup Final. We've also got some news related to the MLS Cup Final involving a player in particular and frankly, the stunning work that this particular person did outside of normal behavior. Morning Abbey, Happy Cyber Monday. That'll be a part of Opening Kickoff. By the way, Opening Kickoff probably has like two or three separate things, so traditional Monday. I know that Bart's going to be joining us an hour number two because we've got to talk about the women's national team and what happened with the matchup against England, and it would give Bart a chance to continue discussing the perpetual virtues of Naomi Gheirma. It was Emma Hayes coming home in front of eleven gazillion people in attendance for this particular match, Veigman versus Hayes. We'll get into that an hour number two with Bart, and I know that Bart also wants to talk about his beloved West by God, Virginia, where apparently Neil Brown is out at six and six in the American football side of thing. So Bart has apparently a rant having to do with West Virginia football. And you know, we are not above crossing the streams here on the Morning Show because it is that rivalry time in college football, and it also gives us a chance to plug the college football shows that we have over at OSG Sports where the review is now up and running, where we actually had a rather large class last time out. So it was myself, Marty's Rinco based in Dallas, John Fox, who is on the road chasing after one of his favorite jam bands, and I think he was in Westchester, New York in a hotel room, and it's Phil Canter and John Wilkerson. So the five of us were there, taped it and released it yesterday very early this morning. So set your notifications for that, John Wilkerson and I have the review coming up in the midweek. We're going to be joined by the play by play voice of Arizona State Football American Football. As a part of our discussion there, we'll go over the week that was, get you ready for the championship games, football on a budget, all that kind of stuff. So that's your plug for the college football side over at OSG Sports. So a morning four card, and we've got a lot of things to get into overseas, might be today and tomorrow, depending on where we are. There's some fun stuff involving the FA Cup and moments that is kind of kickoffish that we might hold well. Like I said, we've got you know, we have a lot of things to get into from a lot of different places, and that's kind of where we are. We got the college game to get into this week. We are tracking down and we can do this because they continue winning. The SDH Bump does in fact live later this afternoon on tape, we're going to catch up with Sue Patburg. Sue Patburg, the head coach at Emery. Emery is in the final four. They're hitting the Las Vegas and Division three Big one for Clayton State on the men's side, they knocked off Limestone in overtime and they continue on in the Division two men's championship. They're going to be facing Lynn Lynn University out of Florida next weekend. So we're efforting Clayton State. We are efforting the physical property of a completed interview with our friends at Emory and Columbus State. The Cougars won yesterday on the women's side in Division two and they await their opponent coming up next weekend. They knocked out the University of North Georgia. So Columbus States women continue to win a Division two, Clayton State's men continue to win in Division two, Emery's women continue to win in Division three. And so we're going to continue to chase down those guests and those coaches as we go see if we can get some of them live this week because of the space that we have in the morning show that we have. So it's a couple of different a couple of different things there, and we also want to catch up over time here in December with our friends in western North Carolina. I don't know if you saw Scott Wells post from his account attached to Gardner Webb's soccer program. But I want to catch up with all of them and find out how they are and what do they need. Do they need anything? Are they okay? What do they need from us? How did their seasons go, what was it like, what did they learn? That kind of stuff. So we'll catch up with our friends in western North Carolina as well and find out how they are and find out what they're up to. So busy times, Like I said, we have the MLS deadlines and the intrigue of the end of the season MLS Cups coming up this weekend. It's Red Bulls and it is lag we'll talk about that, a couple of different things that we have going on this morning, so plenty to talk about. Whatever's on your mind from the weekend. How do I think? That's what the folks at Texas Aying and at the Texas A and M say. Morning og. So it's good to have all of you here with us this morning. All right, Opening Kickoff. Let's see which version of opening actually tell you what? Yeah, let's do the short version because there's some other things we'll get into. Okay, Cyber Monday, Opening Kickoff, brought to you by your friends and I'll of our friends Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com and uh, here is the QR code. Thank you Abby. Right there, there's your kickoff code for our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. What you do is you hit that QR code you want to kick off your day with Kickoff Coffee takes you into their website and their app and the places that you can pick up their coffee. What you do is you pick up the coffee and you use the code soccer down here fifteen at check out. They in turn take ten percent reinvested in youth games. Youth initiative is very very cool stuff from our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. Now Cyber Monday, and so Abby mentions, happy Cyber Monday. How much of your shopping after today? And you know that the people and businesses will continue to tease even after today. Hey, Cyber Monday still going on. We still have some time. You still have some time left up until midnight you know tomorrow or Wednesday, after Cyber Monday. How much of your shopping is done? I am a twelve month a year shopper. So I'm a really bad example as to how much of my shopping is done. It's kind of done in fits and starts and stages. Admittedly, I still have half, maybe maybe half of maybe half of my shopping done. I'm thinking that's about right. So how much of your shopping is done at this point? How much of your shopping is done, completed? Done? And then after today, how much of your shopping is done? How much of your shopping do you get done on Cyber Monday, and how much of it was already done heading into today. That's the larger question that I have is you know, if I am someone that shops consistently through the year. Like I said, I don't know if I'm a good gauge for letting me know, then letting everybody else know how much shopping I've done, because then and I'm, of course, and I'm also an impulse shopper, where, in addition to shopping year round, if I see a bargain and I know that something's gonna fit for somebody, then I'll do that. Rich, We'll put a bookmark in that for hour number one, because that's sports business. So our intrepid producer from Philadelphia, Rich Ransom So from the Pennsylvania Precinct reporting end this morning. Good morning rich So, like I said, I'm probably a bad example, but I wanted to ask and see if being a bad example, if I was on par with everybody else, or if I'm behind, or if I'm ahead or all these kinds of things. Morning Pars. So that was that's my biggest question this morning as we roll through here cyber Monday. How much shopping do you get done today? Are you done after today? Outside of the like the impulse oh, I think that person will like this, like the heavyweight shopping that you're locked into your gifts, you're locked into your guests, you know what's going on. How much is done after today? And then and like I said, outside of the whole notion of ooh, I like in the shiny object shopping, the impulse shopping that we do, of the hardcore list of shopping and gifts and people, after cyber Monday, how much of your shopping is done? Just a question, That's That's what I was wondering as I was trying to get everything ready for this morning. It's like, okay, cyber Monday. You see all the ads pop up in your emails and everything, and so cyber Monday here, Cyber Mondy here, cyber money here. So that was my that was my question for the morning when it came to Opening Kickoff anyway, is what's the deal with your shopping and your Cyber Monday and all that kind of stuff. So that's where that's where my head was with that so bad example me, most of it's done, but I shopped twelve months out of the year. So that's why I said, I wanted to compare notes this morning for Opening Kickoff, brought to us by our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff coffeeco dot com. So early precincts reporting in Abby says she's lucky and doesn't have to shop doing the traditional Honukah which does not entail gifts. Never have to do any shopping except during the year for birthdays. Pars is already nearly completely done shopping already nearly completely done. That sounds like there's some impulse shopping that's going to be done there part maybe one or two people left on the list. And Morning Rich and Morning Pars, Morning Abby, Morning Og Morning four Card And so I'm, like I said, I'm comparing notes this morning like I said, horrible example me, but I just wanted to ask where folks were in their cyber Monday shopping and if you're done after like today. But of course we all know that Cyber Monday shopping will lend itself into Tuesday and Wednesday, say cyber Monday, and we still got some stuff here, We still got some stuff to do, We still got some stuff going on. You know, panic sets in. Oh crap, I feel I feel left out and all that kind of stuff. Might help if I actually send an email. So you know, it's like you get whatever the heck else is going on, and you know, it's like you're wondering why folks aren't popping in. It's like, well, hey, you know why because you didn't send the email. M m m m. I feel like I need dialing music or something. Uh mm hmmm. Okay, there we go. All right, So that's it's a studio space, so we'll see so nothing like nothing like wondering why folks are around, and then you find out why folks are around. Uh haven't happy really hasn't started? Uh yeah, I did, all right. So uh that's stage one of opening Kickoff, brought to is by our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffee CEO dot com. That once again there's your QR code, and it is uh, yeah, really just played Jeff well, But then I get in trouble with the copyrights. I get in trouble with the copyrights if I do that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: O G.
Speaker 1: So that's your QR code. For those of you who are hanging out and uh, you're wanting to start your day with our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. You hit that, you go in, you check out down here fifteen fifteen percent off your purchase day. In turn, take ten percent reinvested youth games, youth initiatives, kickof Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. Not to be outdone, it is our friends at Grady Baby and Grady Baby Co. And what you can do is you can buy the soccer is just better in Atlanta gear sweatshirt, T shirt in the red or in the black that you get from Atlanta United. And then what you can do if you purchase the soccer is just Better in Atlanta gear from our friends at Grady Baby and Grady Baby Co. You can, in fact, a portion of the proceeds go and help out middle school soccer programs tied to Atlanta public schools, And so you can do that by picking up the soccer is just better in Atlanta gear with our friends at Grady Baby and Grady Baby Co. Not to be outdone. Round number three of ways that you can help out. And I tried to save it, and I tried to save it as a JPEG and it ended up. It's like here if there's a webpage, and I'm like, I don't want the web page. I don't want the web page. What I want is just the picture. Go to our friends at Olivi and York and if you have missed it, we now have our own supporter's kit with our friends at Olivi and York and once again proceeds going to help out soccer specific organizations. This and any future kit once again soccer specific organizations helped out in the Southeastern United States. Ordershipping four to five weeks after purchase. It's a sublimated badge and it is a loose fit. So portion of the proceeds from this in any future kit that SDH combines with Olivi and York with donated to Soccer specific organizations throughout the southeastern United States. I think Jason will announce those that we are helping out in twenty twenty five. So here is the link. Once again, there's the link, and you can get your OLIVI in York sdhkit right there. Olive in York SDH Kit. It's really cool thanks to our friends once again, a kinds of permanente. Scott Flood and the Flood Project doing a lot of youngman's work to get that done. So soccer Kit, Olive and York SDH. You can go there, you can pick it up, you can buy it, and you end up with everything there. And so yeah, because John's an idiot, he didn't send the link out in time. I am. I'm gonna do a bit of a crash course with Abe this morning, because yeah, I'm adult. It's a Monday. Oh oh oh, I gotta find out what he's wearing. All right, So here we go. He's all settled in. So what do you wear an Abe?
Speaker 3: Uh, I'm just wearing a Puma T shirt.
Speaker 4: I guess just maybe soccer oriented with a little crest. But it's not anything country specific. I apologize for my my cell phone situation. I have like multiple contingencies to remind myself to bring my computer and it's fitting.
Speaker 3: It's fitting at home right by the doorway. H So we're on the phone.
Speaker 1: Today, that's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Well, you know, if I sent you the link at nine oh five, it would have been you know, we'd be all there. Since last time we talked, Garth Lockerly had his press conference and discussed the future and Rob Valentino is not a part of that future with Atlanta United as the head coach coming up in the twenty twenty five season. Now we've had that, we're trying to figure out, Okay, is it a technical director, then coach? Is it coach then technical director? Does everybody sit across the table? Do they break bread? Do they go to an Italian restaurant and have a five course meal? Is it speed dating? Is it two minutes with this guy? You hear a ding, Garth hits a bell, and you go to the next guy at the next table. That's where we are right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, look, let's start with Rob Valentino.
Speaker 3: I don't think we were overly surprised that he's not going to be the choice.
Speaker 4: I think certainly the timeline and a lack of announcement sort of led towards that direction.
Speaker 3: But I do think there are a lot of people who.
Speaker 4: Were disappointed and certainly liked the late season movement of the squad. But but Garth locker Away made it very clear they're looking for someone with a little bit more experience and and look as the guy essentially running the team, that that's that's certainly up to him if that's what he wants.
Speaker 3: I'm not in love with the timeline he presented.
Speaker 4: I mean, he talked about hoping to have this stuff in place by Christmas.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm sitting here in my Christmas.
Speaker 4: We haven't even gotten a Thanksgiving yet at the time he made these comments, that's five weeks away, Like, like, what's the timeline?
Speaker 3: Why is it taking so long?
Speaker 4: Maybe it has something to do with teams that are still involved in MLS Cup playoffs. Certainly we're down to two now, so unless it's one of those two teams. But I wasn't in love with the timeline, especially when training camp is going to be right around the corner by the by the time you get things set in place.
Speaker 3: But I'm interested. I'm interested to see.
Speaker 4: Who they settle on in kind of what the arguments for that person over Rob Valentino ultimately is gonna be. I'm hoping it's more than just experience. I think we've seen across sports. Just because you had experience doesn't mean you're the right guy for the job. Just because you don't have experience doesn't mean you're the wrong.
Speaker 3: Guy for the job.
Speaker 4: So I think you're coming in and there's gonna be expectations. That's the other aspect of this, whether you want to believe it or not, whether you feel like there's a rebuilding phase and a lot of movement.
Speaker 3: Is going on. We said goodbye to I talked with you about the future.
Speaker 4: I was like, everyone up top is up for grabs, and we've seen departures already up top. I mean, based on how this season ended, based on the eliminating Miami in an unfortunate end to Orlando City, there's gonna be expectations coming in. This is not gonna be viewed as a rebuild, at least not by the fan base. Whether whether the team views it that way is one thing. The fan base is not going to and so it's got to be a situation where this coach can get up and running immediately and see some results. I mean, I know it's a long time ago, but the expectations coming into this past season were top four in the East, one of the most potent offenses.
Speaker 3: In the entire MLS.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying you're necessarily gonna have those expectations, but battling for a home playoff game is gonna be among them, especially the way you ended the season with I think six of your last eight or five of your last seven being wins. That's gonna be the expectations. So they need to get a guy in quick. If they're gonna make severe changes and adjustments to the formations and what they're asking players to do and the roles of each guy, stuff like that, get it in quicker, and so I'd be quite frankly disappointed if we're still sitting here, you know, mid December, late December without a name yet.
Speaker 3: So hopefully this gets done quick and we can start to move forward.
Speaker 1: What kind of an individual are you looking for in a head coach?
Speaker 4: Me specifically, I'm not gonna get into the tactics and trying to bring in a head coach that maybe fits the personnel or doesn't fit the personnel. I think there's enough change over over the course of the given year. I think you also have a team that's quite young based on who is gonna stay and who's gonna go that that you can probably mold and shape some sorts of playing styles.
Speaker 3: And I also think you're gonna have a team that that is.
Speaker 4: Full of player leadership, especially with Gooz coming back, and congratulations to him.
Speaker 3: I know there was a little bit of question on.
Speaker 4: That, but but I think I do think you're gonna have some player leadership that's gonna help out the coach to player messaging. So I'm looking for a winner, and I know that's that's easy to say, but I need someone that's gonna look like he makes a difference. And I don't really know how you do that necessarily. I don't think it's about motivation. Like, like one of my biggest concerns about the Rob Valentino higher if he would have been here, is you can't play the way you played like the last third of the season, or really the last eight games, Like you can't play with that mindset and mentality and desperation the whole season, like like you're just gonna burn yourself out. So you need to be able to find wins without feeling like your back is against the wall. You gotta get a coach who can get this team off to better starts. Again, they they solved that issue for the most part in the last seven, eight, nine, ten games, but it was it was a serious issue early on.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, I'm.
Speaker 4: Just looking for someone that that you can look at the team and he makes changes over the course of a game, over the course of the season that you say it feels like he had an impact on the results.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you get that.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's just his general mindset, mantra and playing style to begin games. Maybe it's in game adjustments substitution patterns. Maybe it's just Max the talent that you have finding something we didn't know was available to us. But I just want to coach that I feel like is going to essentially make a difference in results. And that's a very tough ask in this sort of sport. You're not exactly diagramming play calls and scripting your first fifteen plays or stuff like that. But I just want to feel like the managers makes a difference and hopefully we can find that guy.
Speaker 1: All right, another couple of minutes with a before he actually goes to work for you know, like getting paid to do things here On a reaction Monday, player player announcements were made also that we're attached to this roster. Looks like it's pretty much gonna be the same. Eighteen players under contract exercised options on four in discussions with three. Brad Effort, Jay Santi had their contract options exercise with Santi Sosa. It's because there is a team that is interested in South America and picking him up, and so what you do as you pick up the option to make sure you get paid. So that one's where that is six players contract options to client Santino Formino, Ronald Hernandez, Franco we Borro, Jamal, and Tyler. Club remains in negotiations with Ronald, Jamal and Tyler. All players eligible for the re entry Draft except for Tyler Wolf, who goes on waivers. Loan for Daniel Rios expires at the end of the calendar year, Daxon Q and Quentin Westberg retire. Any surprises out of that for you.
Speaker 4: No, I really don't think so we'll see who they end up bringing back. I think that could lean into my surprise or not surprised. But but you know, the obvious is the obvious with respector Rios and Wolf and Tira, you need someone more potent up top, someone that you can really just have a little bit more faith in. So so if those guys are back, I don't really expect it to be with the same expectations and necessarily the same role as we saw all them in.
Speaker 3: This year, at least not for Tierra.
Speaker 4: And I know he's getting up there at age I don't know, you know, you know, levels of fitness at that age in this sport, you know, you know when their prime is probably the youngest prime that you're gonna have across any major sport. It might be in soccer unless you're a running back in the NFL, but.
Speaker 3: But outside of that, So no, I don't think any surprises. I really was.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say nervous is not the right word, but but full of wonder. If they were gonna bring Guzan back, I think certainly there would be an understanding of the timeline for him, and more specifically a timeline for Josh Cohen. I think Gouz, to his credit, made that an incredibly difficult decision, and maybe a decision that was easy in the other direction to bring him back and give him one more year. I don't think they necessarily planned on it. I think they saw the form last year. They bring in Cohen, they set this timeline. We're gonna let Gooz right out into the sun, and he's got a complete throwback season, and so I think they had an original plan.
Speaker 3: And this is just me.
Speaker 4: I have no idea what the team's mindset is, but I think the original plan was a line of secession and this was gonna be Goose's last year and Josh Cohen was gonna come in and take over the starting role and we move forward. I think Gooz played so well he made it an easy decision the other direction to.
Speaker 3: Say, hey, we're gonna scrap that plan. This guy still got it. We're gonna go with him one more year.
Speaker 4: I think he's important to a team that's full of young guys that are still trying to build together. Probably also again if it were a different situation with your manager. But I think Gooz's experience can go bey on the field and be very important integral in communication between the manager and the rest of the team. I think that's an important aspect that I don't want to overlook as well. So the biggest surprise, which really isn't that big of a surprise based on how he performed, especially down the stretch, would be.
Speaker 3: Goose coming back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you had told me at mid season, I was like, Yeah, they're they're they're probably gonna let him ride off sunset and and it's it's coincterned. But that's not the case. I'm very happy to see that be the case. But of all the ones that were kind of minor surprises, maybe that one and then Ronald Hernandez. I think it's been so incredibly valuable for this team because of the variety of roles he can play. He's so flexible as a player that obviously, contract wise, they had to do what they had to do. But I would be a little surprised if they don't find a way to get him back.
Speaker 3: In the organization.
Speaker 1: All right, the fourth held up the light board and they added some minutes here we went past that fourth. What the fourth was doing? What's your week like? So you can get out of here and go get paid to work?
Speaker 4: Yeah, relatively normal this week to be honest. So we got through the post Thanksgiving nonsense and so and so we're we're just driving forward. Really enjoyed I know it was a day full of college football Saturday, but really did enjoy the MLS Cup playoffs, the conference semi finals here, so looking forward to MLS Cup when when we get there. But it was actually a pretty good week of competitive soccer there in the MLS.
Speaker 3: So so, I know a lot of people missed it. I was.
Speaker 4: I was on the computer with the four TVs turned up to college football, but I was tuned in, ready to roll, and it paid off with some quality soccer.
Speaker 1: All right, my friend, get out of here. We'll see you next Monday.
Speaker 3: You got it, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: That's Abe, and Abe's gonna go and work at ninety two in the game and actually get paid for a living. And he's done talking with us, right, So there you go. A Abby's asking about Liam Welch and all the assistants. They are much like Rob under contract. I want to say till the end of the calendar year. Then we may have some answers as to what their futures are. But I do not know about the futures of the assistant coaches, and you know, the whole idea of I know that morning, let's say morning, Will Morning, Rich. David Moyes, David Moyes. Yeah see, now, Rich, you could probably just as easily sit there and say Sam Allardice, and I can guarant damn to you. I'm sure that somebody attached to Sam Allardyce probably sent a resume into the Children in So Health Care of Atlanta training ground to try and it's like, hey, big Sam's available, Hey check it out. You know. But that was like way back in the summer, you know, like way back in the summer. I'm sure that there was a LinkedIn request from Sam Allardice to Garth Loggerway or a Land United or wherever it was, so you know, yeah, so yeah, David Moyes, David Moyes apparently is linked to some possible openings in the Premier League if things do not go certain ways for certain coaches. But and like I said, we got that to get into because it's a multiple match week ficture fantasy teams when it comes to that. But David Moys, David Moys, everybody here, you go four cards, like I guess EMMS will say no news to distract from MLS Cup this week, then that could very well be you don't want to upstage you've got and legitimately you only have six weeks before training camp. Since we're in December, it is literally mid January's training camp and if you are a club, then you don't want to distract from MLS Cup. Although there were some teams that did some things going into the weekend and through the weekend that we haven't had the chance to talk about that, we will here coming up in just a sec. But are we happy that the Purple team lost to Red Bulls. Abby says she hates both of them, but she hates the Purple team more. I understand that absolutely true. Morning Will Abby says one year contract would have been nice for Robs. Some of them met the supporters met with Garthur October sort of knew from what was said, Rob wasn't going to be the pick, but we're still hoping. Will is suggesting the likes of Jim Curtin and Gio Savarees going through the roster moves. Jamal liked him, but he's way too injury prone. And yes, Abby has to pay attention to the flags in the stadium, assuming Leam is gonna stay since he's the keeper. Coach Michael says, I think Garth's done a disservice to the next coach immediately has to be better than Rob better win and win fast. And so Derek is like, yeah, love to see it, and the the acronym o f yo okay. So Abe mentioned what happened this past weekend. Abby's mentioned it as well. You had Red Bulls beat the purple team that was that was the and if under a traditional environment the final being Red Bulls and lag it would be tremendous because if you are over the air and you are a network, you're looking at New Jersey and you're looking at Los Angeles. In theory, you might have eight people watching from New Jersey, considering it's not really New York. But then Los Angeles would be locked in place would be sold out. Dignity Hell Sports Park, Carson, California, it would be sold out. And so in a traditional sense, with the matchup being what it is, if it was the old days, and I mean literally just like two years ago, the networks would be pleased that you would have the two major media markets, one being somewhat adjacent and the other one being right there attached to a final with the way things are now involving the television partner that or the streaming service. Instead of a television partner, the streaming service that is now attached to the contract from Major League Soccer.
Speaker 2: NDER.
Speaker 1: And these are numbers that we don't get unless there is a press release after the fact where MLS cup will have X number of viewers, x number of good rich thank you. So the final is on Big Fox, okay, so that will be interesting. So I retract my statement to a certain degree. So you have free side of Apple TV, Fox Fox deport this. Okay, So that was so they've looped back, all right, So I take back part of my opening statement. I wonder now I will tweak what I was saying. I wonder what the numbers will be. I wonder what the streaming numbers will be. I wonder what the minutes will be when it comes to the streaming service in and of itself. And I wonder what with LA and New York adjacent, if the numbers will be impacted one way or the other when it comes to streaming versus over the air. Will the over the air audience be less, will they go will it be more? Because it is the two major media markets, one media and one media adjacent. I'm intrigued and I'm and I'm intrigued at how because you know that Fox and Fox deportees will sit there and they will they will tout their numbers, and they will salute and they will have trumpets going on in the air and all this kind of stuff. And you look at Apple TV and I wonder just how much information we will get from them at the end of the day about subscribers streaming minutes peak time. Because we get all this information in traditional over the air television, we get that, but I wonder how much of that same information will be getting from Apple tear. It would be nice to have some kind of metrics, even I mean, because Peacock does it all the time. Peacock does it all the time, and they sit there and they'll be like, well, you know, we had this many minutes and this many people and this was our peak viewing period and this and this and this and this and this. So I wonder if Apple TV will this time next week or probably Tuesday or something, after they do their analysis, Fox and Fox deporteeste will get you the overnights, and they'll get you the quick numbers and that kind of a thing. So you get a quick rating, you get a quick number, you get quick households, and then that'll roll over into the early part of the next week. I wonder how much information we get from Apple, Just genuinely curious because this is the top two media markets and what it will look like. So that, to me is my biggest thought pattern involving the top two media markets, not having to do with the folks in Fort Lauderdale for a championship game. What does it look like? I want to know. I will be intrigued as to what Apple tells us this time next week or eight days from now. Now, Michael Valverdi comes up with a point. The pooge injury completely changes the match on Saturday. Think it makes New York's chances way better. We'll get into juice boxes and a bit will monitor them as we go. But here are two moments from late in the match involving that particular gentleman and what he was up to for his club. As Lag would eventually win the Western Conference Final over Seattle Sounders once again courtesy of our friends at Apple TV and Major League Soccer Yellow Card Challenge. But good first time to Delcado.
Speaker 5: Delcado drives it, yobleh and pack poaching plot new Who.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a team that's worth fifteen goals in three games.
Speaker 2: I granted some of those when the game's gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, me being the wet blanket that I am. But it is.
Speaker 3: Oh, here we are.
Speaker 5: Pontificating about Seattle and it's just a bad giveaway from Alex rolled on spacings. There you lose possession and for the first time in this entire second half, spaces were there to be had. But everybody talks about pooch and paint, sil and tack. How about you ovilish twenty tlus goals in all competitions.
Speaker 3: And the biggest one in the Western.
Speaker 1: Conference Final ten years since they've hosted this thing ten years. Man, I feel like Jeremy Piven in gross point blank ten years. But anyway, I played those two moments for a reason. I don't know how many of you watched the Western Conference Final. We had a watch along at SDH and Jason doing the yeoman job that he was. We all kind of dropped in for the Eastern Conference Final. I had to leave because the Boss came home after spending a week with the mother in law, and so Jason did the yeomen work and he and he was there with you guys for the end of the watch along on our YouTube channel. Ricky Pooge after the match had a towel over his head and was hugging Greg Vanny and they were having a conversation. It was divulged that Ricky Pooge had a knee injury or suffered a knee injury in the game. In the game, Ricky Poosh got a knee injury in the match and played the final thirty minutes with it. That included those two moments that we played for you. Just a bit ago. Sunday, the Galaxy confirmed Ricky pooshe suffered a torn ACL on his left knee. He's gonna miss MLS Cup torn ACL revealed in an MRI performed on Sunday morning. This is from Lagayale. This is from LA Galaxy's front office. Pooge sustained the injury in the second half of the match, continuing to play over thirty minutes despite his injury, fighting the game winning assist on Yoviolich's eighty fifth minute goal poos you will undergo surgery on a date to be determined. I'm guessing they've got to let the swelling go down and they've got to get into a safe point to where they can fix the ACL. Seventeen and twenty this year, thirty seven goal contributions in thirty six matches play at all comps. Four matches played, four starts in the playoffs, four goals, four assists. Finished the MLS regular season sixteen and fourteen in twenty nine matches played, twenty eight starts, thirty goal contributions in MLS regular season play thirty seven goal contributions thirty six matches played, thirty four starts, all comps. So that came from La Galaxy last night about seven o'clock. Right now, juice boxes have LAG at a minus one twenty two ninety minute draws A plus two eighty eight Red Bulls to win in ninety minutes a plus two eighty nine. Derek mentions the burying of the lead by Lag in that press release. Ricky Pooge played thirty minutes on a torn ACL that included the imagination and the passing that we saw in the first sixty minutes, thinking you know, okay, Ricky Pooh, you're going to Ricky Pooge. Now, of course we're all gonna sit there and go back and go, okay, what was the moment where it happened when we go back and watch the match. But Ricky Pooge played thirty minutes on a torn ACL and got the assist on the goal to the Bishop Dejon Joviolch which got lag in the MLS Cup final. I will be intrigued to find out how Greg Vanny will I'm not gonna use the word fix, alter his lineup and figure out who's going to be the person pulling the strings? Is it Diego Fagundez. I will be intrigued to listen to what's going on with Greg Vanny this week as to as how he administers a fix to the lineup with the injury to Ricky Pooge. But Derek had it from the press release they buried the lead Ricky poshe played thirty minutes with a torn ACL and continue to do what he did looked about as normal as it was seven o'clock last night, we find out he's got a torn ACL and that added the context to me anyway, seeing Ricky Pooge literally with a towel over his head talking to Vanny. And then there was the moment that Pooge had with his parents where I think that Pooge's back was to the camera and wasn't There was no way to read obviously Ricky Pooge's lips, but I think he was breaking the news to his dad. That's something right. So Ricky Pooge played thirty minutes on a torn acl and included the game winning assist on the goal that got them to MLS Cup once again. I will be intrigued as to see what Greg Vanny does and how his lineup is different come this weekend. Rich says he still thinks that the Galaxy win, Orlando wasn't ready for the moment against the Red Bulls. Galaxy would be. Yeah, I think it's gonna be. I think it's gonna be a tall order for Red Bulls. But we've seen with Red Bulls that this is not our normal Red bull They are so much different with Emil Forsburg in that lineup that we have seen the difference with Red Bulls with and without. Had Forstburg been hell, they would not have been the seed that they were. That is obvious to me anyway, So emil Forsburg, had he been healthy, they would have been higher up in the in the standing. So I think it's a bit of a false read as to well, they're only, you know, the seed that they are, when in fact they are a far better team than that. But right now, heading into Los Angeles for MLS Cup, they are a plus two eighty nine heading out to California. Heading out to California, a plus two eighty nine. Obviously, we will monitor that as we go this week. But yeah, Red Bulls as a seven seed. I'm sorry they're not a seven seed, but we will see once again how Sandro Schwartz attacks lag without Ricky Pooge and rich about ratings as the rumor as the black helicopter folks like to say. MLS and Apple don't like the ratings, they don't release the numbers. So there you go. David talking about TV markets New York City and Boca Fort Lottedom pretty much the same population, just older down south Miami. Red bull the same thing, right, Oh man, let's see. Uh. Will was discussing coaching, coaching, the coaching vacancy for Atlanta United mentioned a couple of names, Jim curt and Gia Savareesi. I think that one of those individuals probably is going to be sought after by another team, and that team is Toronto bark Keeler joining us in about ten minutes, of course, happening in a Friday news dump situation, So I get I give Toronto FC a boatload of credit for this. By the way, in a Friday news dump where the United States media is in black Friday mode the day after Thanksgiving. You know, it's still a holiday weekend. It's a four day weekend for the US media and for people in the United States. All right, So US news media is in a holiday weekend, four day weekend, four o'clock on a Friday afternoon. You get this from Toronto FC. Toronto FC announced today that John Herdman has resigned his position as head coach of the club effective today. Quote. Personally, I've made the difficult decision that it's the right time for me to step away from the club as the organization defines its vision for the future, said Herdman. Continues, it has been an honor to where the Toronto FC Creston contribute to the growth of the club. Working with this dedicated group of players and staff has been a true privilege. I want to thank Keith Pelly and MLSC the ownership for the opportunity, and I also want to thank the incredible fans for the support they've shown me, both on and off the pitch. I wish the organization's success going forward, and I look forward to the next chapter in my career. Keith Pelly had a quote last sentence. Toronto Herdman was named head coach at Toronto SEEN in August twenty twenty three. During his tenure, he guided to the rest of the League's Cup group stage in the Canadian Championship Final. That's the end of the press release, and Rich quoting the line of the day. Traditionally in this situation, Morning Harry for us, like I said, the US media was in a four day weekend, which is ninety percent of the franchises in Major League Soccer, but at three point fifty seven as it was released by Toronto FC on a Friday. Anyway you get that from Toronto FC. So John Herdman in his press release, I have made the difficult decision that it's the right time for me to step away from the club as the organization defines its vision for the future. I have made the difficult decision it's the right time for me to step away. Sure you have with everything going on right now, with all the investigations personally, I have made the decision it's time to step away. You want to talk about helicopters and thought patterns and really, I mean this is a second Amy moment of a really and yes Rich as the line Rich says, or a Friday in Canada, lo l That is an offshoot of a beautiful line from Jay on Right, who is a longtime sports center TSN host, where there was a there was a one liner that he dropped once having to do with last week, and he said, there are no games and I'm paraphrasing, there are no National Hockey League games today, meaning on Thanksgiving Day here in the United States, because it is American Thanksgiving, or as we in Canada call it Thursday. He goes right on with the highlights. So yes, Rich, with the yes Rich, with the offshoot of that Jay on Right line. It was Friday in Canada, so it was a Friday news dump in Canada, and it was a four day weekend news dump in the United States, So that was where you ended up with John Herdman coming out with this couple of sentences, Keith Pelly coming out with a couple of sentences in a news dump to beat all news dumps. So the og to TFC can envision a cheater as its head coach and Rich says, yeah, can't be fired if I quit. I'm guessing this is one of those wink wink, nudge, nudge. How about you do this kind of a deal. I'm guessing there was some kind of a settlement, tell you what we will pay you X, just go ahead and do it now. My guess is Toronto FC anticipates that there is going to be more news or developments on this going forward. And both Herdman and Toronto FC were eviscerated in the Friday slash weekend media in Canada. So with the drone investigation continuing in Canada right now, so you have John Herdman being continues to be investigated once again. And this was how Armann Badakian phrased it at One Soccer. We'll get you to Rick Westhead here in a second. Once again, you don't want Rick west Head on a byline attached to you, And once again you had Badakian at One Soccer basically quote the press release with an introductory paragraph steps down from his position in the midst of an ongoing investigation regarding his potential role in the drone gate spying controversy, that I already saw his once assistant, Deft Priestsman fired from her role as head coach of the Canadian women's national team. So that was what Badakian said about it, leading into the quotes from the press release. So then you go to Rick Westhead and once again requested TSN somebody that you don't want to have attached to you. And so Westhead rolls through the release and here's what west Head added at the bottom. Herdman's been caught up in recent months in a dronespying controversy that has ensnared Canada soccer. Herdman did not participate in a third party review of allegations this summer about the inappropriate use of drones by national team staff because of quote scheduling issues. An investigator said, So this was literally and there is a reason that I have held on to a particular segment in a particular interview involving John Herdman. I want to take you back once again, take you back to July twenty six, Bark Killer joining us in a couple of minutes July twenty six, here's what John Herdman said as head coach of Toronto FC at the time.
Speaker 6: John, I have to ask you a question another topic. As you know, Canada soccer is in the spotlight for actions alleged actions at the Olympics. I know you're no longer involved with Canada soccer, but Kevin Blue today cited a systematic ethical shortcoming and I wonder if you could tell us how prevalent do you think spying is in world football? And during your time as Canada coach, were you a victim of it? What did you take part?
Speaker 1: To me?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I arrived back lit it last night from the Olympics. I had the chance to watch my boy play and obviously celebrate that moment with him, and it reminds you again how hard players work to get to that moment, the sacrifices they made with them and their families. It's certainly a big moment. So landing to that news was a surprise and shock, and I think firstly I'm devastated for the players. I think we have to, you know, moments like this, you know, respect that they've put some work in to be there. I've been a head coach of a team that's competed for medals, won medals, and you know, those players need the spotlight on their talents at this moment in time. This isn't a time to sort of nitpick about scouting at tournaments. I think, you know, whatever's happened, I think Canada SOCC are going to be conducting their internal reviews, which is the right thing to do, and I'll be happy to help them with that process for sure, to tell them about the experiences we had in our competitions, et cetera. But for me, you know, this is about the is. You know, we're really putting spotlight on something that isn't you know what this Olympics is about, which is their talent and and their moment to shine. And I think the quicker we get back there, the better.
Speaker 6: I think that's why it isn't it though it is taking place to get a little bit. I'm just wondering if you can give us your thoughts on how prevalent do you think this kind of thing isball.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think, you know, I'll go through that process with Canada Soccer. I think anything I say now, you know, it's just going to bring more spotlight to this this situation. As I say, I'd like the spotlight to be back on our players as quickly as we can. You know, for me, you know, the integrity of their view is important and if I ask the contribute at all, I'll be there. I think everyone will be aware of situations from you know, previous coaches, et cetera that have been public I think there's there's things in the public domain now you know these things have happened before. But for me, you know, I'm hoping to help Canada Software in any way I can. But I would say, I just want this to be about the players, Like, yeah, I felt, I really feel for them. They have a game tomorrow and knowing what it's like in those environments, there's enough pressure as it is. They just need to be able to focus.
Speaker 1: Thank you. But can you say whether I do.
Speaker 8: That knowledge of or involvement in any type of tone users line during your time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I come back to the question, which is you know this is an Olympic Games it's the biggest event on the planet. You know, it's a sporting event that has massive integrity and for me, you know, we have to make sure that those things are upheld. Always. I've always gone into Olympic Games, World Cups, big events with integrity in mind and the ability to compete at the highest level, following the rules and processes. So, you know, for my side, as a say, I'll help kind of Towerrakhan without review, but I'm highly confident in my time as a head coach, not in an Olympic Games or we'll cope. We've never been involved in any of those activities.
Speaker 1: Highly confident in my time. Notice he didn't mention Conker Cat once again, that was four months ago. Multiple times the review knocked on his door, Penny Sheldon, you know, one of those just you know, we'd like for you, we'd like for you to.
Speaker 2: Help out, Penny Sheldon.
Speaker 1: And apparently John Herdman multiple times to ask, decided not to be a part of the review, bringing Bart Keeler Hi, Bart, good morning. Yes, so John Herdman out in a news dump, in a fantastic news dump by Toronto FC back on Friday, and before you came on, I was discussing the alleged systematic ethical shortcoming attached to Canada soccer and to Bev Priestman, who is I guess, in the soccer equivalent of time out and show cause. She is Kelvin Sampson, now I guess until further noted, and John Herdman in the news dump, at least in the American news dump sense, and then on a late Friday afternoon which was a traditional news dump. Since John Herdman out at Toronto FC. Personally, I think it's best that's what he says. I'm thinking that Toronto FC basically knows more than they think that the public knows. They know that Eli's coming, Hydra hart Girl and the hammer might be dropping, and they don't need to have anything attached to John Herdman with him being under their employer. That's my gut.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think this was a conversation between Toronto and Hardman, who.
Speaker 2: Is obviously.
Speaker 9: The focus, I mean, if not the sole focus of the investigation, the main focus of the investigation at this point, and there's an agreement between the two parties to just say let's cut ties before. Especially for Toronto this is a cya because they don't want to be stuck with any real surprises. They don't want to go any further into the offseason not having an idea if they're going to have.
Speaker 2: A coach, So they'd rather just say, Hey, we're.
Speaker 9: Gonna to leave and we'll go find someone else.
Speaker 1: And my gut thinks it might be Jim Curtin who wants to be the g SLASH technical director SLASH and a coach and have both titles in a place that would be the anti Philadelphia where Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I think.
Speaker 9: John I'm still not a fan of a coach being both GM oh.
Speaker 1: Neither am I No, neither am I? I mean I do.
Speaker 9: Think well, yes, I do think Curtain would like more control over roster decisions, because that was obviously the reason why it didn't go as well as it maybe could have in Philadelphia, and especially this year, was the reason why they fell so short. But I think Toronto would be a better landing place for Curtin than you know, some other yep that may exist, particularly very locally. Yes, but with the difference being that MLS will spend money and that is something that I know Curtin would like to have. I mean, I don't think Curtin is expecting them to spend eighty million dollars a year for him or however much they spent whatever it was when they bought this, you know, half the Italian national team. Yes, that that is still indicative of a club that is willing to spend some money to bring in actually good players up and down the roster. And that's something that Curtain hasn't had. And also, you know, I think if you're Jim Carton, you look at Toronto as a potential academy location where you can continue to mold the younger generation. So I don't I don't think Toronto's academy has been particularly.
Speaker 1: I don't robust product PRODUCTIVI.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, that might be an opportunity for him as well, just to kind of take some of the things that he's learned from the Philadelphia side and put that into Toronto. I mean, Toronto is the what the largest city in Canada and one of the top five in North America. If it's a large city, and that would in theory mean that you have a great deal of talent to pull from on top of a great fan base that could you know, support you.
Speaker 1: Yep uh and rich once again making the point curtain to toront would hurt more than him going to Atlanta because it's unlimited budget one hundred Philadelphia. Absolutely true. Yeah, but within the salary cap purview, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, but you're gonna get three actual dps M.
Speaker 1: Yeah you are, and you can you can, you can drop plenty of you can drop plenty of dime on in Tim Horton's gift cards and Canadian tire bucks on bringing all of them in. Uh. You had you had you had requested time, Yes, salary cap Uh since this was a rivalry weekend in American football. Mm hmm. Uh, you had requested time at the beginning of your of your appearance here this week to discuss the situation I believe it West by God Virginia, and uh I will, I will yield the floor. Uh see, we need to get you over on the college football side of things.
Speaker 2: Over my podcasting start, John.
Speaker 1: We we need to get you over on the college football side to discuss West by God Virginia. I yield the floor for your opening statement on a Reaction Monday to discuss American college football and the situation at West by God Virginia. Proceed.
Speaker 2: So I just want to first off, say that.
Speaker 9: I've felt this season this year with a lot of people saying, well, this person is a really good person. This coach is just a really great guy and he's respected and loved, but the results in the field don't match that. And that has been the frustrating part with my fandom for two of my favorite teams this year, and when it came to West Virginia specifically, it it was six years of not believing the team was going to actually do something cool or great or exciting. We had a decent season last year and I think that was really what did it. And for Neil Brown is you had a really good close the season in twenty twenty three, you get the win over North Carolina up in Charlotte and the bowl game, you finished with nine wins, and you go, what can you use how.
Speaker 2: Can you use this to.
Speaker 9: Continue to climb to take that message they've been pushing for the past six years. And when you finished six and six a conference that was severely depleted by the two biggest.
Speaker 2: Teams leaving and bringing in some teams.
Speaker 9: That are not at that level, by the way, that you didn't have to play for the most part, we didn't play Colorado.
Speaker 2: We didn't play.
Speaker 9: Utah, you know, we we didn't have to play any of the big boys this year. That came in, and the fact that you weren't able to get to even seven wins during the regular season, the fact that you lost both of your games to the local rivals, and one of those very badly at home to open the season. After again, all this Pike was built, and the way that you know, the team continued to lose in the similar ways, with bad mistakes on individual parts, bad schemes both offensively and defensively. Being nice, being a good guy is great, but at the end of the day, it's a results based business and when you're not getting results, you know, there's no reason to keep you around. And that's just kind of where and I'm sorry to bring it up, but that's just where I've always been. With the Gonzale Paneda thing is, I know, he's a really great dude and he I'm sure people love playing for him. You got to win, and at the end of the day, if it doesn't matter if your players, your guys love playing for you, but if you're not winning, what does it matter?
Speaker 2: You know? I think probably could be said of Greg Berholter as well, where.
Speaker 9: A lot of the guys playing for Greg but can't have results that don't match those expectations. And now you've got to find someone who for WU. Anyway, you have to find someone who can hopefully continue a decent culture that's been built, but get results on the field and figure out how to win in a place that you're not going to get the best recruiting classes. But you've got to maximize the talent and we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 1: You've got to go into Pennsylvania and get kids there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, that's the thing for West Virginia is you've got Pittsburgh and Philly that are close by.
Speaker 2: You've got the Ohio area, which is always talent. You got the DMV there.
Speaker 9: You know, You've got plenty of areas to just go get talent outside of your state, and you got to maximize it. I mean, West Virginia for a while there is i mean piping amend from South Florida too, and we've lost that connection. But yeah, it was disappointing, It was unsurprising. It was a relief when it finally happened.
Speaker 1: Three ranked teams losses this year started this season at home against Penn State. You also lost to eleventh ranked Iowa State and seventeenth thrank Kansas, three of those at home. Then you lose backyard brawl thirty eight thirty four, and then you lose two of your last three to Baylor at home, yeah, by fourteen. And then in Lubbock where Texas Tech put fifty two.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, wiped in Lubbock.
Speaker 9: I mean, those tortillas came and slapped across the face. You couldn't get up. And again, you have to get results. And I think most West Virginia fans would agree with me. We're not expecting you to win ten eleven games every.
Speaker 2: Year, but this particular season of the Big twelve, John was wide open.
Speaker 9: As you clearly see, you've got Arizona State, who's the first timer in the conference in the conference has never made a conference championship. We've been in this damn league for oh goodness.
Speaker 2: As the person who was there for the very first Big twelve.
Speaker 9: Game seventy to sixty three against Baylor, that is the problem, right, and Dana I think it's I think Dana's tenure kind of showed where we could be in the old Big twelve which is maybe hopefully getting a shot. We were expecting Neil, especially in the new Big twelve, to find a way to get us to the actual championship game. And I think that's just where we are at is we need to be the expectation or the goal of making a conference championship game needs to be realistic every year, not just you.
Speaker 1: Know, yes, a state statement game. All right, So, uh, now's go back to now that the American football discussion has has gone away, at least temporarily until I sit there and vent my spleen about my program with a six three million dollar buyout.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: One of the reasons that we brought you in other than American football was to discuss bomb hops on parade in in one day. And it felt at this time that was called.
Speaker 2: It looked no.
Speaker 1: Had ninety eight bazillion people Yeah, watching Veigman v. Hayes. Yeah, and it ended up a goalless draw.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think if that.
Speaker 9: Was if you were to evaluate this game as an entirety, that was probably the only negative is no goals. And at some point it looked like maybe the only goal was going to come from a penalty kick, which was very erroneously called. I understand why it was called on the field, I truly do. I'm glad that var was implemented to not have that as a penalty kick because that was that was not a penalty kick.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's not a handball, you know, John.
Speaker 9: This is one of those where I saw someone tweet that they would or skeet.
Speaker 2: I forget which apple was on, but.
Speaker 9: They they were like, you know, we should make this kind of a Thanksgiving tradition. Ooh, I like that, and back and forth, depending on you know where it is. I honestly wouldn't mind a November window always being in Europe. I think the US men used to do this a lot, especially under Kleansman. I think they should get back to that. And it gives you something to just look forward to for the Thanksgiving slate. Gives you a little different taste on your palette other than the football you've been the American football you've been in.
Speaker 1: Seriously, if you started your day, you started your day in in in Angland, yep, with like a nine a m. Eastern time US kick, it's two o'clock in the afternoon, yep. You're done by eleven. You get your pregame show done, then you can focus on American football for the rest of the day. We have programmed a solution for.
Speaker 9: And for you know, a network like T and T and TBS, it doesn't really have college football, which is changing, I believe, but they are getting college football for the playoff.
Speaker 2: Is that this happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're they're a part of it.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know that.
Speaker 9: I think it's a great programming thing. And I think when you look at not just this being one versus two this year, because that's what it was, but just two programs that seem to value the women's teams very highly. That's the type of production you want to give to the rest of the world to force them to up their game when it comes to supporting with the women's side. And you know you're getting another one tomorrow with Netherlands. And I think that that on itself, John is really the big takeaway from this game, because when you're looking at the US play this game specifically, you don't have Triple Espresso, you don't have Katerina Macario. So those are four of your those are your four best attacking players. You know that, and if you're not having Sophia Smith start in the center it's going to be cat start in the center. And then after that you didn't even have like, you know, a the official who's still coming back from injury. You didn't really have a true striker, which needs to be something MH figures out long term. You know, I'm a little surprised that Ashley Hatch hasn't come back into the fold a little bit. Sho had a decent season for Washington. But when you don't have that, okay, well you don't score any goals, you still created some decent chances.
Speaker 2: You still had.
Speaker 9: Opportunities to put the ball in the back of the net. You know, Mary Rps proved that she's pretty darn good. John, I've heard this, so did a listen there, you know, And I think defensively you didn't really give up any true chances to England.
Speaker 2: That were super scary. I thought Germa did a great job. I thought Krueger had a pretty decent game.
Speaker 9: And I think that is the takeaway is, well, you didn't give up any real chances to a very good England team, and although you didn't score any goals without your top talent, you still created a decent amount of chances.
Speaker 1: Ten to four in the shots three to one on target, fifty four percent possession. But once again, possession for me is like time of possession in American college football is what you do.
Speaker 2: Says it earned from Friday and John means thet least squat.
Speaker 1: Yes, once again Americans in our review. Once again no attack in the midfield look disjointed, nothing hit the target. Second half. Now let's go through the numbers. A listener gets a five. It's like a listener gets a five, and we do this. Theodore Lloyd Hughes TLH was the one in response for the numbers, this time for my friends in soccer America. And we do this as a part of either agreeing, disagreeing, or refuting the numbers that are presented here, just to give everybody a baseline for what went down. So a listen air gets a five. Reliable as ever in all honesty, with such peerless performances from the defenders in front of her, she had very very little to do. Only say she had was from Leah Williamson. Header cornerkick, second half ball trickled into the Americans gloves with the ease. So she gets a five because so TLH promotes the everleven daylights out of her. She gets a five.
Speaker 9: I guess, yeah, I understand what he's saying, but that's bruh.
Speaker 1: Come on defenders once again, Naomi Gearmack, Casey Krueger was also and Casey Krueger, I needed to pull this, I needed to pull this highlight down. But Casey Kruger gives just as well as she received. Yeah, at ninety plus, there was a moment where it's a goalless draw and you're thinking, okay, both sides are thinking, yeah, okay, it's cool, we'll get out of here, goalless draw. So Casey Krueger gets knocked off her feet and gets sent basically into the coaches area, the coaches box, and she's down for a little bit. But then when she gets back up, ball is sent forward and she is more than happy to dial up a receipt and it was an instant receipt. She wasted no time on the payback on this one.
Speaker 9: I really did like that in response from her, it was kind of funny because you know she got I mean, she did get a foul call for that instance on the sideline wow, as it should have been a foul, and she made sure that that wasn't just the only payback that England got for that, and that again, that's what this type of game, I mean, this game is.
Speaker 2: Not friendly. Both of these teams want to win.
Speaker 9: I mean again, England's number two in the world, they want to be number one.
Speaker 2: And if you're.
Speaker 9: Talking England is looking at this as the first real step toward preparing for Euros twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Well, you're not going to get a better team than.
Speaker 9: The US at euro So this is the best possible way to look at this as to prepare for that tournament.
Speaker 1: There was two hundred and forty eight years of history attached to those Also that also that I mean literally, but I like that. I like that laid in a man. Absolutely that A you're still dialed in, but B you're not going to take any is from someone that wants to try to to You know, you can you can give whatever degree of a hit you want. You can say it was cheap, you can say it was late, you can say it you know it wasn't it wasn't square or anything like that. But yeah, someone plows you over. Casey Kruger is like, Okay, I'll remember that. Oh you know, it's not like the Red Wings in the Avalanche where they wait three hundred and seventy one ways Jaron McCarty to chase after clothing you. It literally was within thirty seconds. Casey Krueger adheres to the code and gives the payback.
Speaker 2: I was saying, as she should.
Speaker 9: That's that's some also like some mom energy of like, ah, you're not getting this over on me, which I appreciate.
Speaker 1: Emily Fox, Emily Sonnett got sixes, No McGear Mccasey Krueger got seven's on the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah makes sense. Germa had a really good day. I think she again proved how how great she is at this sport.
Speaker 1: Yes, and is always top of the l or when it comes to the soccer for us PO DS MVPs, so you always it's Gnomi Girma and then it's like, yeah, we'll talk about everybody else. Yeah, all right, So forwards midfield Roosevelt gets a five, Sam Coffee gets a six, Lindsay Horan got a four. T LH says a somewhat anonymous performance for captain Lindsay Horan, who continues to struggle to find the passing tempo needed, timing of late runs or the box threat took more shots three than any other player, but they were all rather poor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a.
Speaker 9: Fair assessment of her. I thought Coffee was really darn good this game, though. I thought Rose had a really good game, with a couple of good recoveries, ball recoveries, especially higher up the field, which is kind of what I think Hayes realizes is going to be necessary for this team to truly generate a lot of chances, especially without triple Espresso. But when you get those three in there, getting me the ball, ball recover high up the field are going to be great ways to get those players into attack. So I thought Rhodes had a pretty good game. I don't think Lindsay was a four, but I would also have rated all the midfielders a slightly higher rating.
Speaker 1: So Lavelle quiet in the first half, looked impressive. After the break when Yasmine Ryan came off the bench, Ryan's pension for underlapping allowed Lavell to drive forward get into the box. Just one shot off target for Levell on an outing where she passed better than she.
Speaker 2: Attacked, and that well, I'm sure we'll get to her quickly.
Speaker 9: But Yasmin Ryan is the one player you should talk about after this game.
Speaker 1: Forwards, Emma Seares gets a four. Lynn Williams gets a five, Alissa Thompson gets a six. Let's see, so she speedster.
Speaker 9: I want to take a beat on Thompson. Sorry, go for This was a great game for Alyssa Thompson, not because she played great, but you know who she's going up against, John See Brons and I don't know if you know this, She's she's an elite I have heard player, I have heard, and I think for Alyssa this was a great chance to see what it takes to be the best. I mean Lucy Bron's's top ten player period, you know, as a right back, and that battle all game. I think Bronze absolutely got the better of Thompson for the most part. But I think that is a great learning game for a very young Alissa Thompson to again understand what it takes for her, which it's going to take for her to level up.
Speaker 1: Could have had the opening goal after five minutes when she picked up a Seares pass, took a touch, powerful shot the corner. IRPs pulls off a good save to keep it goalless. After the break, Thompson faded. Both her and Williams removed in the seventy third as it started to feel like the USA had stagnated going forward. Lynn Williams had almost twice as many caps coming in seventy three. Then all the other US forwards on the squad, combined to her credit passage in the first half, stopped to counter attack and its tracks at the half way line. Remains an elite presser and counterpresser, perhaps not the box threat needed in this game.
Speaker 2: Well correct, that was always gonna be.
Speaker 9: The problem is Lynn Williams is not a true nine and she doesn't really have the skills to be a false nine. That's not her game and it kind of showed the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yasmine Ryan, there were three paragraphs written by tlh a's Soccer America about Yasmine Ryan. Why were there three paragraphs written about the Gotham FC player.
Speaker 2: Well, I think first off, we didn't see a whole lot.
Speaker 9: From her in the October camp. Part of that is just because she that was her first time playing for the national team. But she came in and changed the game. I mean, you talked about a little bit of a lull happening midway through that second half, she came in and provided not just a spark, but an actual outlet for attack. She was making runs in behind, she was getting the ball at her feet and trying to take on players. It was a really good game for me, as mean Ryan to the point where you go, oh, this is a woman who after one camp, got her confidence. Because sometimes that first national team camp you come in and you're just brimming with confidence. You're overflowing with it because you're like, Oh, I got a call up, you know, finally, and that's great. But sometimes it can also be the opposite where you're like, oh, man, it's my first camp. I gotta be perfect. I gotta do this, I gotta do that. So, for example, Emma Sears, I think her first camp was great because she just kind of played the way she always has. I think he has me and Ryan now figured out how do I play within the system, how do I use my skill set to play within this system? Because she's very good on the ball. She's basically a midfielder who plays out on the wing, and I think she was able to do that a lot when she came into this game.
Speaker 1: Third ever cap, multiple slip passes across face goal should have been finished off cross forced Irp's offer line. You needed to be punched away. Also had the shot that almost won the penalty, but then it was reversed by var balance made it very hard for England defenders to guess which way she would go.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: Her switching wings during the match to increase in low brought out the best in level hoped to make and helped make the field feel bigger. If I could speak English goodly on a Monday.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think the point about Levell is very important because I think Rosevela is best, but she has some wingers that she can combine with.
Speaker 2: Both Rose and Lindsay aren't exactly positionally sound, which is a fine thing.
Speaker 9: They're very good at what they do and so Leavell being able to play off yasmin Ryan on either side was really fun to watch. It really important for this team going forward because that is the most similar to what we're going to see from be it Swanson or Rodman or even Smith. I mean, they're going to interchange a lot because they're all good on it wherever they happen to be on the field. So Yasmin Ryan being able to do that is a good plug in for those players when they're gone.
Speaker 1: Jayden Shaw got a five Corbra and Albert got a five. Valley Centiner becomes the eighth different player twenty one years old or younger to appear for the USA and twenty four or the most in a calendar year. Since what year, sir?
Speaker 2: Well? Can I can I get a hint?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 9: Two thousands? It ain't recent, Probably ninety eighty nine or ninety Well, well, okay, I should have said twenty first century. But aw oh, twenty first century, twenty first century, but it ain't reach.
Speaker 2: Two thousand and nine, two thousand and two tally include or the twenty twenty three World Cup.
Speaker 1: Including Heather O'Reilly, Hope, Solo, Ali Wagner, a'bi wombat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess so that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eight different player twenty one years old or younger to appear for the USA in twenty Yeah.
Speaker 9: I always feel I forget that that that was the start of the Hope Solo, Abby Womback transition because I always still think that the ninety nine ers are still all part of that team, and they weren't part of the twenty two thousand and three World Cup.
Speaker 1: It's correct, Yeah, A still undefeated record with the national team now fourteen oh to two, second time the USA has failed to win since ma Hayes became head coach in June. The other was a goalless draw against coach Rica.
Speaker 2: Yeah did they really that?
Speaker 1: Uh so you had you had the subs yellow cards, Coffee got one, Kelly got one at ninety plus four. It was a finish crew f I n n I s Yeah. Le Tavada was the ref in the middle. Havan and Paavoen were your ars, Satuminen was your fourth, Anti Munuka was your VR and your aba R was you can hunkn it. I just like I just like saying finish last names as we go through here. Shots on the day us A ten to four shots on target, three to one air go more saves for England three to one, six six corners compared to three twelve fouls called in the match seven on England, three off sides two for England. Position possession fifty four to forty six. Woopy blank and do. USA was off to the Hague and they're going to face off against the Netherlands and their last matchup twenty twenty four tomorrow at two forty five Eastern time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I thought if I thought the referee had an interesting game.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, so police proceed sir, with your There were a couple of times that well, first off, in like the first ten minutes, Lindsey Horand gets absolutely stomped on and no foul called.
Speaker 9: And I thought Haran had a couple of times where she got fouled and ref didn't do anything about it. But the penalty kick was probably the most controversial and most important part of the match. I think when it first happened, we all were like, that didn't look like in a handball, you know, and the fact that she gave it was a little I understand why she pointed to the spot, but it was very clear upon review that it was it should not have been given at all for multiple reasons.
Speaker 2: Mainly it didn't hit the non.
Speaker 9: Playable part the body, and also you know, it hit her thigh and then bounced up, so that was probably a bad decision to begin with.
Speaker 1: Okay. Two instances of refing down here that I wanted to get into, both from the Premier League this week.
Speaker 9: All right, Yeah, we never have refing issues in the Premier League, Johnny.
Speaker 1: No, we never do. And one has to do with a VAR check of four minutes and twenty seven seconds bright in Southampton and the VR eventual decision.
Speaker 9: Four minutes it ended like twenty seven to two. Why did we have that long of a.
Speaker 1: V VR check, big check to see if the goal that was the wrong one I was watching that was Switch Southampton. So this and once again what we do for references. We go to our buddy Dale Johnson who does a fantastic job of looking at the moments from the weekend in the prem that we look at here on Mondays and we just pull a couple of them unless there's something else from another match that really just raises our hair on our collective neck. So now Brighton Southampton Southampton thought they had a two to one lead and Saints players go off to celebrate a delay of about thirty seconds before ref's allow The onfield officials allowed to disallow the goal for an offside VAR checked to see if the goal could be awarded. They eventually wipe the goal off the board. Now, Dale Johnson says it's a decision which can be explained in law, but it took far too long, makes the decision seem worse than otherwise. Might have ref and his ar deemed that by flicking at the ball, Armstrong makes an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball, and in that case the opponent was the keeper for Brighton bart ver Brugen. For Brugen's on his line didn't move, so how can he be impacted. The law intends to prevent an offside player doing something which affects an opponent. It could be, you know, kicking the ball dummy. We'll think of it this way, an act which, if not present, might result in the opponent taking a different decision. For Brugen cannot move from his position at the near post as the cross from Ryan Fraser goes close. No possible offense from Armstrong until he flicked his leg out. The law also says you don't have to think that Armstrong can score or even get a shot on target, only that the obvious action has an impact. So could Verbrugen could have moved over to the center of goal to archer sooner. The law does not demand that the keeper has been stopped for making a save, only that his ability to do so has been impacted.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think, yeah, I mean I think they got this right.
Speaker 2: I do think that these types of offside.
Speaker 9: Ruling should take a little bit longer because you want to make sure you are interpreting all that.
Speaker 2: That you just said correctly.
Speaker 9: Of interfering with active play, that's the rule, right, if you are involved or interfere with active play, you're going to be considered offside. And in this particular moment, the lead striker where a ball literally runs right through his legs and it kind of basically looks like it just goes right through his legs and he's in an offside position or at least goes slightly behind him, but he does make an action that that to me is absolutely enough to call him off side because he's he's trying to get he is trying to involve himself an active play.
Speaker 2: It's not about touching. He made a.
Speaker 9: Play on a ball from an offside position that has definitely interfered with the goalkeeper's ability to make a play on the ball period. I think again, as the writer points out, got it correct, I do think that the time it took to get this correct is a problem.
Speaker 2: And that's where I do wish that from what I remember, the referee never went to the monitor for.
Speaker 1: This, I don't think so.
Speaker 9: I think this is the type of play where the referee should go to the monitor. It should be a very quick like, hey, he's in an offside position. We want you to make sure that you think that he's not interfering with play, or if he is interfering with play, let the on field official.
Speaker 2: Make that decision.
Speaker 9: Again, I think the problem with the Premier League is the center referee very rarely does go to the monitor, and I think they should empower them to do that, but they keep giving someone else who's not involved in the game at all more power than they should.
Speaker 1: Three minutes and twenty three seconds to determine if the action was interrupted, and then another minute and four seconds to check on the off side.
Speaker 9: Which the off side was pretty to me. The offside was pretty clear. The player was offside, you know, and so where I would be looking at it. And this is why, again I don't understand why when you watch it originally you should be checking for an offside. The goal scorer was not offside, okay, fine, but when you looked at it immediately that patch, you go, oh, that dude is offside, like he is in an off side position very clearly, and in fact, the goal scorer was darn close to being offside in his own right. So that's where I'm going. Okay, is very clear that there's an offside question. Yeah, the goal scorer may have been on side. Okay, fine, check that off. Fine, but then you have to go, well, this player was in an offside position.
Speaker 2: Roll the tape.
Speaker 9: Oh, that looks like it could be a problem. Hey, I forget who the center referee was, but hey, John, go go to the monitor. See if you think that this was interfering with active play the goalkeeper's ability to make.
Speaker 2: A play on the ball. And good job that.
Speaker 9: I'm not saying it would have taken less time. But I think the problem is when you're just have the center referee standing there almost twiddling his thumbs waiting for you know, putting his hand up to his ear, going oh I'm checking, they're checking. It just seems so passive versus a referee going to a monitor to go look at it, to say, okay, what do I think happened here, especially when in this case it was very clear the player was offside. This is not about MLS telling them to go to a monitor to maybe determine if they're offside or on side. We know they are because the primary league has that technology. So then for me, the next step should be on field official needs to look at the play to determine if this was offside or not.
Speaker 1: All right, and so if you go if you work backwards, let's just say you work backwards, even if you don't go to the monitor. The off side decision was a minute four That should have been the easiest one. To sit there and go yes, no, it's like ding ding ding boom, and then you move on and then working backwards. It would not have taken four minutes and twenty seven seconds to come up with a decision A. If you go to the monitor and take a peek with me. B maybe if you work backwards and go okay offside not offside? Okay, ding ding ding, We got that taken care of. It takes what fifteen twenty seconds? And then you go when you focus on the other three and a half minutes, it's get something done with two acts.
Speaker 9: I think to have that action take three and a half minutes to review his.
Speaker 2: Crazy Honestly, go to.
Speaker 1: The monitor, people, it ain't it's just look, you're not gonna hurt my feelings if you go to the monitor, I'm not going to think less of you, of an individual, if you go to the monitor.
Speaker 9: And again, then it puts that hand the decision making in the hands of the on field official, which is I think what most people would be more comfortable with.
Speaker 1: Yep. Item number two comes from Liverpool Manchester City and it's the Ortega penalty call. As he goes and he chases after this one, and this is an important point that needs to be made in these kinds of situations where I know that there was hue and cry, and there was quite a hue and quite a cry about it being nothing there because Ortega was making a play for the ball and it looked like Diaz just basically fell over Ortega and you get the penalty call. So Luis Diaz chasing after a loose ball Stephan Ortega is first to get to the ball, but then Luis Diaz, who is second, ends up making contact with Ortega. As Ortega is stretching to make contact, Luis Diaz goes over the top of Ortega and it is called a penalty. It is then reviewed. The penalty stands. So was there a case for offside? Was there a case for a red on Ortega? And was this even a penalty or was Louis Diaz kind of sitting there and fishing for a call? So this is what we're staring at in this particular instant. Yeah, so a lot. There's a lot to unpack here. And if you want to go through it in real time or instance to instance to instance instead of staring at it from thirty thousand feet and you want to walk through the play, go ahead and walk through the play as you see it.
Speaker 9: Well, So this is where I understand it's tough because most people are going to say or take a oh, well he gets the ball, or some level of that type of commentary. Right, I just want to reiterate that winning the ball as a defender does.
Speaker 2: Not mean that you are.
Speaker 9: Excused from making a foul. And I think that's the problem here is you can argue that in this case, the goalkeeper is their first Yeah, I think you can. But did they get the ball? And that's the question. I I don't know, John. This is the tough one because I get the point, but because there's very minimal contact. But the reality is the goalkeeper doesn't touch the ball. Right, he doesn't.
Speaker 2: He may get to the place first, but he.
Speaker 9: Doesn't touch the ball, so the attacker having to jump over them.
Speaker 1: He doesn't. The attacker is the attacker does not have to take evasive action.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have to.
Speaker 9: He could have just ran over or ran through him, you know. And then we're talking about having a fight because someone's mad about that him running into the goalkeeper, and so to me is like, well, he at least tried to avoid him. Yeah, do I think he was probably I don't even know, you know, I don't think he was looking for a foul that bad thing. Anyway, Again, he didn't really drag his feet. He tried to ship with the goalkeeper and go overrom because he knew he could probably score from there. And again I think the goalkeeper gets the spot first. I don't know if he gets any of the ball, but he doesn't intentionally get the player. But he's in the path of the player to get to the ball and he's not in a position to play it at that point in time. And that is the problem with the goalkeeper when they go to the ground like that specifically, or any defender when they go to the ground once you have committed to the ground to winning that ball. Well you're no longer in consideration for playing that ball once it goes past you, you know what I'm saying. So it's hard for me to say like, oh, they're within playable distance. Now, It's like, well, the ball is behind them and they're laying on the ground, so what is playing? What is a playable distance at that point? I think eventually the I think this is probably the correct call. But this goes to one of those like, yeah, it's a foul, but it should it be a penalty kick.
Speaker 1: As it is class Yeah, that's the problem, a promising attack on a penalty rather than dogs no yellow card.
Speaker 9: Okay, so yeah, this is not dog so because there's a legitimate play on the ball, right, I mean, as as simple as that, right, I mean, he is absolutely the last of vendor.
Speaker 2: Is absolutely a dog so thing.
Speaker 9: But because I mean, I think it's fair to say this goalkeeper was making he wasn't trying to file the player. He was trying to the ball. He just didn't, right, I mean, I I don't even think he like reached out and tried to grab him.
Speaker 1: From what I can tell, you know, he's thinking ball first, and whatever happens happened.
Speaker 9: And so when we when we classified this as dogs, it's probably dogs so yellows maybe what they called it versus stopping a promising attack. But regardless, this outcome is because we this is not a red card because there was a legitimate play on the ball in the penalty area. We don't want to give teams both a red card and a penalty kick aka a goal down. You know, that's where we are now. At the same time, you know, I know it's it's unfair to call any penalties against Manchester City that somehow so sure you know those checks stopped clearing all of a sudden, I think is what happened. But yeah, that is just not a dog so red because there is a legit this is a legitimate play to win the ball.
Speaker 2: He just doesn't.
Speaker 9: And again even if he had gotten a piece of it, he still comes through and clears out the attacker. Again, winning the ball does not preclude you from fouling someone.
Speaker 1: All right, So what's going on with the soccer for us PO? D are you waiting for the next match?
Speaker 9: The match tomorrow, which is as you mentioned in didn't hug against Netherlands? And we will be recording for the episode after that later this week, maybe trying to get some different voices on here.
Speaker 2: Hopefully they respond and say they.
Speaker 1: Can do it.
Speaker 2: And kind of the it for actual matches.
Speaker 9: This the final US Soccer match of the season is is tomorrow, and then we'll be having some kind of year in review and twenty twenty five look forwards always like to do.
Speaker 1: Those, like.
Speaker 9: Resolutions for US Soccer will come up in the new year, but we'll also have some of our our our favorite moments of twenty twenty four coming out right before Christmas, and I'm sure doing some other things for the festive not festive fixtures, the festive what's the word we want to the festive foolishness that does during the holiday weeks and all.
Speaker 1: That absolutely what do you want to call it?
Speaker 2: Well, it's just holiday llao.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. Yeah. So the yeah, the the shenanigans that we have during December as we get ready shenanigans, yeah yes, yeah, the Holida hullabaloo and the seasonal shenanigans where we where we try to pronounce finish uh yeah, finish referee cruise as best we can. Uh yes, we're looking forward to episode CV where you do not where you do not have to put up your resume, but you'll be looking at the US May after a full season of twenty twenty four. We will be catching up with you obviously again next week and whenever the hell you want to come drop by and vent about West By God Virginia and anything else going on in Bowl season.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, don we do have a Minimalist Cup final coming up this Saturday, so I must I will. I will say I will not be able to watch it live. I'll be at a Casey Musk Graves concert and so I'm doing two nights in a row with her. But I will be watching it on Sunday on my drive home.
Speaker 1: I assume someone else will be driving while you're watching.
Speaker 2: On my ride home, I should say checking and we'll be ready.
Speaker 9: I'm sure John, we will have to talk about referee wise on my whole Yes, of course I do have to say, John, Ricky Puig whatever with the strained, torn, torn, house severed, acl torn, insane, that he's still able to play that and play as I mean, that is for him, but that is a huge loss for Galaxy going to this match. I don't know if it changes like that. I still think they're the favorite, but man, that's cool. Also shout out to some women's soccer history. This will be the first MLS Cup final, another MLS Cup Final, as you say.
Speaker 2: Hosted in a World Cup final stadium. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: There you go, But no, definitely going to be looking at it all week long and trying to figure out what's going on. Jay Intlick, head coach for Columbus State, it's going to be joining us on the women, for the women as they continue to advance. He's going to be joining us tomorrow morning at nine thirty to break down what happened on the weekend and talk from some Division two women's soccer as well.
Speaker 2: We had Division one soccer up the Sea this weekend.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so we're going to be taking dives into college soccer and going through all that stuff. So we will be enjoying episode CV. My friend coming out later on this week. Once again, whenever you want to drop in, drop in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cheers y'all.
Speaker 1: There he goes, So what's the mug by the way, I forgot to ask.
Speaker 9: It, just as happy holidays because today is the first. Yeah, it's the first day that I've seen you of the Christmas season.
Speaker 1: So okay, and so this is when everybody starts hanging up all of their stuff. Nice.
Speaker 2: Well I can't see, but my stuff is starting to go up. Okay.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we got we got the tree yesterday and we're waiting for the tree to flu before we add all of the appropriate Yeah, my tree will.
Speaker 2: Be going up today and tomorrow probably.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, be good, my friend. We'll see you soon, by y'all. All right, there goes Bart and uh yeah, Derek, incredulous player, what I got the ball? Yeah, but you also broke the player's ankle, I know, so all right, so yeah, we just got that. As I was trying to well, Bart was discussing things. Jayant, like the head coach at the Columbus State number two ranked team and Division two on the women's side, they're going to be joining he's going to be joining us tomorrow morning at nine thirty to discuss the week and the week that will be as they're chasing after a national championship. So good stuff there, all right, So let me go back and go back into the article. Yes, Tim Muselni and Miku Koivu don't forget Saku Koevu, Will and all of the other famous Finns. I want to go back to the article that Rich brought in to the timeline this morning. There is some other things that we do have to break down, and it's from our friends in Sportico so Lega MX teams to vote on a formal investment from Apollo and the NFL, and Lina MX does need the investment, I will say that. From our friends at Sportico Lega MX says it's reached a formal agreement on an investment from Apollo Global Management and the National Football League, pending a vote of approval from all eighteen teams to pull some of the league's commercial rights. I don't know how that's gonna work, because there have been for as long as folks can remember, the teams had their individual TV deals. I don't know that's gonna work out well. And I don't know if I don't know if say Krusas Sul is going to like to share revenue with UH with Juarez, I don't know if they're gonna like that. Letters sent to owners on Friday, copy of which viewed by Sportico Lega MX president to Wan Carlos Rodriguez outline the agreement, which could be quote the largest transformation project end quote in history of Mexican football, the result of months in negotiation that started with a billion and a quarter dollar influx of capital from Apollo. Maayles has been advising the league and its talks with prospective investors. Agreement would give Lega MX more capital, stronger corporate governance, and a reorganization of the soccer pyramid in the country. The letter says, also includes the creation of an entity, La Commercializadora commerci Ali Zadora to house grouped commercial rights such as sponsorships and media deals. Perhaps most notably, the letter mentions participation in the investment by the National Football League and also talks with Major League Soccer about an expansion of their ongoing partnership and a possible League's Cup two point zero starting in twenty twenty seven. Lega MX clubs will have access to the deal points this week, the letter says, meetings later in the month with the goal of securing votes. Letter doesn't share specific financial details. Rodriguez did immediately respond to an email seeking comment. Representatives for NFL and molest declined immediate comment. Reps for Apollo and Maelis did not respond to an email seeking comment. So I ain't nobody talking. I'm guessing until the vote happens, and it's either Yate or Naid, We're not going to find out much. Apollo two years ago, prepping that that investment offered a Legia MX Sportico reported at the time that the firm was seeking twenty percent of the profits from the league's non Mexican media rights over the next fifty years, a bet that the most watched soccer league in the United States has significant commercial growth and its future beyond its home country offer contingent upon the clubs agreeing to sell their broadcast rights as a whole, and that's what we just talked about. Unlike most leagues, LEGAMX currently allows individual teams to ink their own commercial partnerships Chievas Club Amedica signing deals in the US, which has more than thirty six million people, because remember Chievas and Chievas I believe is Telemundo and Club America, I believe is Telemundo if if I remember correctly, and last year, Leaga MX clubs had deals with five different broadcasters domestically four in the US, one of the most story teams. Clubamedica is owned by Televisa. Unclear how the financial terms offer changed in the years of negotiations followed on so unclear how likely it is that the richer Lega MX teams agree to a significant overhaul, because, like I said once again, if you want to try to get everything, why would why, I feel like Ross all of a sudden, why why why why would Club America? Why would achieve US? I mean, te Luca I believe has to deal specifically with Tudani and Santos Laguna I believe has one at least domestically with Fox Deporte's. Why would these clubs specifically like achieve US and Club America, Why would they Why? Why would they sit there and go, you know what, I think that I'm going to give up some of my I'm going to give up some of my my own rights, so everybody is just going to share. Why why if, if, why would I take less money to help out other folks? If you view the glass as the glass, you may understand that idea and more maybe maybe more money on the back end, as Rich says, you know, in theory, if that was to be the case, but in the short term, why would I sit there and negotiate on the whole unless you get Unless you get the teams that have those larger TV deals, you get them in line. Hey, this is for the betterment of the league. We can reinstitute promotion relegation with the League of Desenzo. And that One of the silliest things for me in the years past where involving Lega MX teams was that if you did not make the playoffs, you got fined for not making the playoffs, and the wors your team did, the more you got fined. Where is the incentive other than so the incentive by the league is that you better spend money if you don't spend it well, if you spend a lot of money and you still end up being bottom three or bottom four, let's say you finished last. If you spend money and you still finish last, hey, that should say something about uh, your front office. Then you continue to spend more money and invest more money after bad so after the Klaus Sura just as an I. This is once again from as from As In twenty twenty three May first trio of Lega MX clubs are to pay performance related find yous to support teams in the league to expense you on. I get that just in general. I get it, But why why do that? You know? And the the uh, the fines that are there. It is literally for more then it would be otherwise. Oh great, now that that AS is up. Yeah, right, so you go to an article from AS and it just locks everything up. Good job, All right, we might be back. I think we might be back, at least on the hard line. Anyway, it's eleven oh two. I'm going to go ahead and apologize ahead of time and just say we'll be back tomorrow. Yeah, thank you, Abby, We're going to be back tomorrow. Jayant licked the head coach of Columbus State at nine point thirty, and then we got the rest of the show that we didn't get to talk about today and all the other things that are going on in and around the world. So thanks a lot for hanging out through the dead air. You're here, we're here, so once again, all right, so let me do this. Let's do gossip broberan inn window and then we'll we'll hang it up and we'll do it again tomorrow. So for some reason, the camera on and I don't know why I might just have to reset the whole fricking thing. So here we go. We'll do gossip rumeran in you window, what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it, and then we'll get out of here and then we'll do it again tomorrow. So I'm staring at other computers that you know, ISDN lines and everything, and it ain't working. So who knows what's going on? But anyway, gossip rumor, inn window, where to go, what to do? All right? So PSG apparently is in talks with moss Law that's from Lekeep Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea Spurs monitoring U twenty one for Jamie Gittens over at Bruce Who Dortmann that's from Florid and plettenberget Sky, Germany, United Spurs BARSAP. PSG sent scouts to watch Omar Marmouse at Eintruck Frankfort and Europa League on Thursday, born with willing to consider offers for Antoine Semeno, who got the hat trick on the weekend. Liverpool among the clubs interested in the Ganaan forward. Arsenal in advanced talks with Rails sociate did over at Roberto Olabe to succeed him to succeed ad a sporting director. Born with Brentford Southampton eyeing Fabio Silva on lone at Los Palmas from Wolves Bournemouth. Uh sorry Liverpool. Yeah, born with Brentford Southampton eyeing Fabio Silva on lone front I Los Palmas from Wolves. Liverpool hope to beat Manchester United to the signing of Milosh Kirkkesh from Bournemouth forty million pounds. Newcastle willing to sound here in Tierney in January, I'll hall all set to rival Arsenal for the signing of Alberto Molero, twenty one year old winger. Lowton would have to pay as much as a million and a half pounds to sack Rob Edwards because of the four year deal he's signed in the summer. That's from the three letter paper. So now, all right, what to watch? Where to watch it, how to watch it. We'll get into that here in a sec and then we'll get out of here. Apparently there are games today in Syria Savilla Os as soon as at three on ESPN, Deportis, Gold TV, the Portuguese Premier Porto and CASAPI at three forty five. You can get Gold TV all the b ns tay Sat Newesta Tela for the fans, Lega won, Lega one max Pro at Finates, fntz dot Co slash soccer down here, and with that you can turn into a true degenerate. Lega one max Pro Uruguay, all of them. You can catch up with their buddy ninatorres at Gold TV and to get that once again, fntz dot Co slash Soccer down here, you get finates and you become a true degenerate. I belaime Jason, just ask him. The Plus also has the La Liga Match AFC Champions League, has a Lakhlee and Esteclol at eleven, as well as Al Wazel and Al Ryan one o'clock al Nasra on Alsade. Paramount Plus also has the Syriatte two forty five Roma and Atalanta Argentine Premier five forty five to Sheriff' Quarterboat with a Cohn Independent at view, a Divilla Argentino Juniors at seven thirty Germany and Italy and a women's friendly is at two thirty. Now that's today tomorrow you got union rumors, Rich, you might have to uh, you might have to tell me what's going on. But Apparently silly season is underway. According to folks in the timeline and Tommy Goops and all that kind of stuff. Apparently Ian Harks has been dealt so Bogert, Tom Bogert, Oh, wow, he had his check mark taken away. Okay, San Jose have acquired Mark, Anthony K, Dave Romney and Ian Harks from the Revs. Revs get around five hundred thousand in GAM and an international roster spot. So that means that once again and not really a shock, that Bruce Arena would go to familiar places to try the rebuild. Mark Anthony K, Dave Romney, Ian Harks to San Jose from New England. Revs get five hundred thousand in GAM and an international roster spot. Also on the board, New England is signing Malli International center back Mama du Fofana from Amian Let keep first reporting it. Sources say the deals around at one point seven million dollars constant started for AMI in the last three and a half years, started with Molly as well. So yeah, and Ricky Pooh's playing thirty minutes with the torn Aco So that's what we know.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Okay striker leaving the team to Austria. Okay, so thank you Rich. Like I said, I'm staring at other computers and HDMIS and ICDN lines are down, so this is where I'm doing to wrap up what I'm doing to wrap up the show. We'll be back at it again tomorrow nine oh five. Hopefully I'll be able to see you, you'll be able to see me. We can talk, we'll go through stuff, that's the official term. So since we're here in a little less than twenty two enjoy cyber Monday. We'll talk about that tomorrow and you can tell me how you were and how much shopping you have left to do. For everybody here at SDH, maybe we'll have lighting and power and be in the twenty first century tomorrow. Thanks for dropping by. We'll catch up with you soon. Play safe, everybody, since it is the end of the show, that means we get to do this