Speaker 1: School leader with.
Speaker 2: Okay six fun oh Man Man down to change.
Speaker 1: It's about good day coming around.
Speaker 2: It's been like a cool ran coming down. Sax again, sauce again, down the Changer.
Speaker 1: From this moment, Changer, Detective Harry Bosh has moved on from the l A p D and is now working as a private investigator. That's where we find Bosh at the start of Bosh Legacy, now in its third and final season, and in this season, his daughter and now LAPD officer in her own right, Maddie, is investigating a slew of follow home robberies and abductions. And speaking of abductions, Maddie's abductor in the previous season, Doc Waller has been murdered while in prison and all signs point back to Harry Bosh as the person who ordered the hit. Honey Chandler is running for La DA and a target for assassination, and believe it or not, the intrigue and drama increase from there.
Speaker 3: I just heard a story about my dad about his time in Afghanistan.
Speaker 4: It was war.
Speaker 3: We're crying more like.
Speaker 4: She's caught me wondering what other secrets does he have? We really want to know Bosh has crossed a lot of lines in his long and checkered career. With murder, you honestly think he would decide up a prison in to murder the scumbag wobductor Madeline.
Speaker 5: It was my daughter, had skin of my life.
Speaker 4: Justice will be done one way or another.
Speaker 1: I need not tell you, but I'm going to tell you anyway. The star of all things Harry Bosh is none other than Titus Welliver, who joins me now on the show. Titus Welliver, in honor and privileged to have you on. How are you this evening?
Speaker 3: I'm very well, Thank you, Thank you for having me. It's a pleasure to be here.
Speaker 1: I think it's fair to say that the character of Harry Bosh and you, Titus Welliver the actor, are inseparable. What has Harry Bosh meant in your life and career?
Speaker 3: Well, I will say that it's a deeply nuanced and complex character. That is what every actor dreams of having. Right do you want something that's going to challenge you, that you can grow with? And Harry Bosh certainly has has been that character. I think Harry and I I mean, you know, the source material is impeccable Michael's books, the creator Michael Connolly of Harry Bosh and we didn't have to get goofy and try to change things to make it you know, or you know, sex it up, put him in a Ferrari and have him run around like James Bond cut in the Fool. You know, he's a he has a great depth to him, and he's an antihero, so he's very human. He's flawed, he has his his things, and that's what I think is very appealing with audiences, and he's a very human character.
Speaker 1: Let me stay right there, talk more about that complexity. What do you think is most misunderstood or least understood with Harry Bosch? Is it his inner demons? Is it a case that he can't seem to solve. Is it protection of his daughter Maddie? What is it that drives him?
Speaker 3: I think they're I think they're all components the things that you just cited. But at the core of the show, I think what we what we discovered was that was Harry's relationship with Maddie. You know that he didn't she was very little when Harry and Eleanor divorced and they become reacquainted when she's thirteen years old, and that became very central because what it meant was that Harry was no longer a lone or you know, not a lone wolf. He wasn't on his own. He now had his daughter in his life. And Michael Connolly really said it so clearly, which was Harry can be gotten to now he has an achilles heel and his achilles heel as his daughter. But that also allowed us to look Harry's never going to be a warm and fuzzy guy, but it allowed us to take certain layers off so that Harry would only expose himself to a certain degree and his vulnerability to Maddie, but his expression of love for her, his tenderness, his kindness is very very palpable. And that was something that I was deeply protective of, was the nature of that relationship. I did not want it to be contrived or in any way cliche.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know that everything was was roses with them. They disagree, they fight, they they have you know, a real depth to their relationship. But that also softened him to a certain degree, but not in the way that he still pursues justice. He's still that same guy and he carries a lot of internal baggage because he's not an emotionally demonstrative guy, right, he's you know, you would he started out very taciturn. You know, silence and rage were kind of his two expressions of emotion, but that became more more nuanced to a certain degree too. He does. He carries a lot, a lot of a lot of driving. There's a there's a lot out of a sense of innate sadness with Harry. He carries a tremendous amount, and I think that's what also makes him appealing to audiences. They see a guy who is very capable, he's very brave, he's capable of heroic deeds. But he doesn't come out wearing, you know, some cliche, you know, white cowboy hat, like I'm the good guy, just so everybody knows, you know, he's a he's a beige guy. He's a gray guy. You know, he's not He's not one or the other. But he's incorruptible and he has he has a flawless moral compass. But he doesn't suffer fools, nor does he tolerate bureaucracy or political machinations getting in the way of him obtaining justice. What brings you out.
Speaker 4: See how you're doing?
Speaker 5: So far, so good? I go. I know you ain't been waiting here all night, just to welcome me back.
Speaker 4: What's the word in Moasco?
Speaker 5: Theytied Dot Waller to nobody, just rooms, unsolved rumors anybody I know, not me, not you. Look, I can't buy you a beer go tonight. I'll just mosey on home.
Speaker 4: Keep in touch, hear me.
Speaker 5: You won't regret what you're doing for me.
Speaker 3: You're in the world, now, keep it that way.
Speaker 1: My guest right now is Titus Welliver, Harry Bosh himself. We're talking about the third and final season of Bosh Legacy, now streaming on Amazon Prime. Episodes drop every Thursday, and I'm here to tell you if this is the last Bosh, it just might be the best. More with Titus Welliver on the other side of the break.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Kelly one, Kay.
Speaker 6: And sixth.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks for lunch. We should do this more often.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, it's just work, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Do what's on your mind.
Speaker 4: There's just there's just all these rumors on the grapevine. About what happens.
Speaker 3: Stop gossip. It's worse than a school yard ignored.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: I just turned out you know how Doc Whiler was killed and who actually killed him?
Speaker 3: And okay, listen, I would have if I could have, If that answers your question, But I did. I told you the day boarders called.
Speaker 4: I had nothing to do with it. I know, and I believed you.
Speaker 3: Then in now Kurt, Docwiler had a target on his back. The minute those prison doors clang shut and they threw away the key. You can hear it tinging down the storm drained pipe splashing in the sewer.
Speaker 5: Gross, that's a very poetic.
Speaker 4: How long did it take you to come up with that? One?
Speaker 3: Just came up with that? Be good, be good, good hunting tonight es be safe.
Speaker 1: I well, I'm right in the middle of speaking with the star of Amazon Primes hit series Bosh Legacy, mister Titus Wellever. Bosh Legacy is in its third and final season. Episodes drop each Thursday, and Titus is interesting. We talked about Maddie who eventually became a member of LAPD, and you talk about Harry Bosh, who has an incorruptible moral code. I think that sets up season three Bosh Legacy now underway. Honey Chandler played by Mimi Rodgers, is running for Elie County DA. Maddie is knee deep in investigating these follow home robberies and danger of bounds talking about that incorruptible moral code. Well, Harry Bosh might be someone who's involved with Maddie's abductor being murdered in prison. What else is that play for season three of Bosh Legacy.
Speaker 3: Well, with that, you know it takes place eight months after Maddie's intercepted that call from the prison system where Preston Borders says, I took care of that thing for your father, implicating Harry in the You know that he somehow enlisted the aid of Borders to kill Dockweiler, who abducted Mattie. Other than his wife, the only calls Borders made with his prison burner went to another burner in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: How do you know that.
Speaker 3: Using the data obtained by search warrant from the burner phone, we can determine which cell tower was closest to the phone receiving the incoming call.
Speaker 4: Okay, so which cell tower is it?
Speaker 3: Well, this particular tower is located in the Hollywood Hills above Sunset Plaza.
Speaker 4: So who's getting these mystery calls? Where is this Hollywood Hills? Yes, sir, who do we know lives in that neighborhood, Harry Bosh.
Speaker 3: And so then there's an investigation, which is called a Chief Special where they say, you know, look into this, but it's guy, it's on the it's on the QT, it's on the down low in the in a big way. And then Maddie hears a story from one of Harry's fellow operators from his days in Special Forces about an experience in Afghanistan, and it sheds a light, a different light, and so she suddenly kind of goes, I may not know my father to the to the extent that I think that I know him, And that creates an imbalance in their relationship, whereas they say in Star Wars, there's a disturbance in the force, right, And so it creates some interesting drama. And she's got her hands full with these, with these follow home robberies. That's got a bunch of stuff. And Harry is very, very engrossed and myopic, as he always is, but even more so with this case, with this missing family because it involves children. It's taken from the book Desert Star, which is one of the books that we used as a source material for this season.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 3: That takes Harry into a very very very dark place. So there's stuff that's happening simultaneously, and we as the audience, will witness Harry really looking into the abyss, probably more so than he ever has. And when you know, like Harry says, when you look into the abyss, when you look into the darkness, some of it looks back at you and can penetrate you. And so I think we find Harry in a very very dark place. But he's relentless, right, He's not playing around. And because there children are involved, you know, I always say the older that Harry gets, the more formidable he comes, because the you know, with age brings a certain level of aulnerability. But in Harry's case, that's kind of he becomes like a cornered animal, right, he kind of he resorts to his primordial instincts. It just makes him very very dangerous.
Speaker 1: My time with you is running short, mister Welliver, so let me ask you this. You've likely been asked this before. I know you couldn't have foreseen that Bosh would turn into a universe where you'd have different series and spinoffs. But here we are. I have to know, and I know you've probably been asked this, but not by me. When are we going to see Harry Bosh Hoeronymous Bosh hit the big screen.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know, and I you know, it's Hollywood, so I say never, say never. A lot of people ask me that is this truly the final season? There's a petition out there, et cetera, et cetera. And by the way, I just want to express my gratitude for the fans because this show would not have been on for a decade where it not for the incredible dedication, the love and support of the fans over the years. And I'm truly eternally grateful for that. Look, you never know, and if the I know everybody involved, if there was a knock on the door and somebody said, you guys want to come back, we'd be in that boshmobiles so fast their head would spin.
Speaker 1: Bosh Legacy Season three, the final season, is now streaming on Amazon Prime, new episodes dropping each Thursday. I'd like to thank my guest mister Titus Welliverer for coming on this evening. Thank you, sir. I love the series and I'll be right there with you if and when the Bosh movie comes to pass.
Speaker 3: Well left, thank you, you have a blessed evening, and thank you so much. It's been a pleasure.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty