Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's new radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, everybody. Dan is off for the whole week. He'll be back. I'm shooting for August twelfth. I hope I'm accurate when I tell you that. And Rob and I were just kippetzing while the news is on the best late plans. I say that because there was a concert last weekend. Casey and the Sunshine Band played there and it was to make money for Doors of Change. President of that organization is Jeffrey Sitkov and their main spokesperson Aaron Murphy. Aaron isn't home at least the answer machine kicks him and we call her number. I'm hoping whatever's delaying her, we'll be able to get in touch with her before the hour is up.
Speaker 3: But Jeffrey, you're here and welcome aboard.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. And Aaron is trying to get through all so give her a call again. She'll be able to get it. She'll be able to pick it up.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so Rob, you heard it. Give Aaron a call again, and Jeffrey, let's talk about Doors of Change. Tell my audience all about it.
Speaker 4: Well, there's four point two million homeless youth in America today. These are youth between the ages seventeen and twenty four, of the transitional age youth, so's the most underserved of the entire homeless population because people think they're old enough they can get by, but they come from such dysfunctional families that it's safer to be on the streets in their home. Forty percent of the national kids are LGBTQ plus they come out and their parents kick them on the streets. So you have kids they have no idea what to do on the streets by themselves, don't trust anybody. And we've been able to house now twenty nine hundred homeless youth since two thousand and one in San Diego, and we want to get more and more kids out the streets because once they trust you, they want to get help and want to, you know, succeed.
Speaker 2: But gaining their trust is a big issue because they've been abused, they've been downtrodden, they've been harassed by police another local law enforcement, and how are you going to overcome all the damage those things have done to this sense of trust.
Speaker 4: We have in the last three years alone, replaced eight hundred and sixty four youth and housing in the last three years. We are experts at building trust with kids. Once they see that you come through it's your word and quickly, and then we you know, we we care, We don't judge them, we love them and let them come to us when it's they're ready. They're not used to that, but very quickly they realize that we're there to help them. And that's why we've literally helped thousands of kids of the last twenty three years get the services they need to be able to get off the streets.
Speaker 2: And I see the content you that you had last weekend with Casey in the Sunshine Band. Of the ticket sales went to the charity, and that's very rare.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is. We raised over two hundred thousand hours in sponsorships because sponsors that see us every year, that go to our concerts are actually literally see the youth from stage every year, see them their success stories. We have so many success stories of these youth and as you know, it's very hard to trust today. There's so many organizations you know, who do I trust? But if they see you every year and they see the success stories right in front of them, they realize that we're doing is the real deal, and that's why we hit over a thousand people there on Saturday night. It was the best evoun we've ever done in twenty three years.
Speaker 2: And now we've joined bank eron Aeron Murphy Good Evening erin Hello.
Speaker 3: Hello there.
Speaker 2: I was going to lead with you, but I've led with Jeffrey and he's gotten across the numbers and the circumstances.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: I just heard him to us have.
Speaker 2: Changed now real quick, only because where your fame comes from. It is one of the most beloved TV shows ever, Bewitched, and most people don't know your backstory. You are hired for that show before you even turn.
Speaker 5: Two years old, that's right.
Speaker 2: What do you remember about the process that went into you being hired to play Tabitha.
Speaker 5: Stevens, Well, the audition process I've heard about many many times over the years. I don't actually remember the audition at one I remember shortly after that on set, but they were basically doing a nationwide search to cast the part of Tabitha. The third season it Bewitched was the season I started, and the season that the show turned to color, and they really wanted someone who looked like Elizabeth Montgomery who could. They wanted the character Tabith to be the focus of a bunch of episodes that I was lucky enough to be brought in, and also lucky enough I have a fraternal twin sister, And while they did audition some solo young actors, they were primarily looking for twins. So since I have a fraternal twin, we were able to get in. And then I kind of took over the part shortly after, since we really don't look that much alike.
Speaker 2: But I was about to comment, and you said it yourself, there was a resemblance. As you get older, three five, seven years old, there was a similarity in your look to Elizabeth Montgomery.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you. They were actually casting someone to look like and as an adult, I probably look more like Samantha than I do like Elizabeth Montgomery, if that makes any sense at all.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Now I'm going to ask you a question, not let you answer, because I have a break to take. When we come back from the break, i'll let you answer it. And I just want to know how did you get involved with Doors of Change? And when we come back, you can tell us how that amalgamation began of you with Jeffrey and that organization. Anyone listening right now, you want to call in, you can talk about Doors of Change. You can talk to Aaron mix your comments on both of those subjects. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty, eight eight, eight, nine to nine, ten thirty. This is night Side without Dan Ray. Dan's off for the week. I am here.
Speaker 3: I am Morgan White Junior.
Speaker 2: Time and temperature nineteen eighty eight degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World, Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Dan is off for the week. I am Morgan Morgan White Junior. Been a part of WBZ since Good Grief nineteen ninety five or six. And if you'd like to call in six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty or eight eight, eight, nine, two, nine, ten thirty.
Speaker 3: My guests this hour. You may remember the name of Aaron.
Speaker 2: Murphy from the classic TV series Bewitched to be Witch You've Got un You Spell and her friend, her colleague Jeffrey Sitkov from Are You Ready? You should write these things down, so if you want to make a donation, you know to where to send your check. Doors of Change and they have locations in La Chicago, Buffalo, DC, San Diego and other communities around the country. Aaron I asked you, how did you get involved with Doors of Change?
Speaker 5: Well, Doors of Change appeals to almost everything that appeals to me. It's an organization that's based on helping children and helping the homeless. It's based in California, where I was born and raised and still primarily lived. So it's the funny story about how I got involved with this concert. A very good friend of mine, Anson Williams, who used to play potsy on Happy Days.
Speaker 3: I've interviewed Anson, I've had him my station before.
Speaker 5: He's a great guy, very good friend. He had hosted their concert last year and he booked a job. So whenever someone replaces Antson Williams, they think, oh, Aaron Murphy should replace Anson Williams. So I was called aboard by Jeffrey. They told me about the organization and I kind of jumped in right away. And one of the reasons that they were able to donate one hundred percent of the because I donated my time.
Speaker 2: Okay, and Jeffrey, how is it that that figure was able to be reached, that all the money coming in from the case seeing the Sunshine Band concert, and I'm sure that everybody clearly remembers do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: How is it that you were able to make sure all that money was funneled right into Doors of Change?
Speaker 4: Because we have over forty wonderful sponsors that have been with us for years, many of them that have actually seen firsthand the youth that we help every year. They see them grow on stage and they know that it's the real deal. And so we raised over two hundred thousand hours in sponships this year, which not only took care of all the underwriting for the concert in the VIP party, but they actually put eighty thousand hours additionally into our program. And it allowed everybody that went to the concert that their proceeds went to our program because everything was taken care of, everything was paid for, and of the costs were taken care of.
Speaker 3: Now, what are you going to do next year? To talk yourselves?
Speaker 4: We've had in the last four years, You've had Los Lobos, Three Dog Night, Ben Harper, Casey in the Sun, Gen Ban, all great groups. Yes, no matter who we have, the most important thing is that people are going to go to be educated about the homeless youth issue. They're going to see some success stories on stage, which they're rocky stories. These kids overcome all obstacles and it really touches people's hearts and then whatever the music is, it's going to be great. So every year we just see when we can make it happen, but it'll be once a year we have our event.
Speaker 2: Good analogy when you say a rocky story, because everybody knows that Rags to Riches's story. Yes, and I have been to Philadelphia. I have been to the museum where his statue. I know it was there that moved and brought back again. I've touched that statue yep. And not that it has anything. Oh well, see there you go.
Speaker 5: I ran up the steps.
Speaker 3: I didn't do that, Aaron.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean just to let you know. One of our youth this year, Sergio, not only was he homeless because both of his parents were matheadicts, but they actually you know, he left the house at fourteen years old. Then he came down with uh with lymphoma. Hopkins did. He's lymphoma stage four and you know he's close to death. He had chemotherapy, everything, and he's still going to college, still getting a's in college, wants to be a dentist and be a surgeon to help disadvantage youth with dental care. That's the kind of youth we help.
Speaker 2: And that's a clear cut, rocky story. I don't know if you've heard, but Leam, Massachusetts have had issues primarily with immigrants coming looking for housing and hoping to further their dream of coming to America. And I'm wondering if an overlap of the youth that in these cities you mentioned, Chicago, Buffalo, Washington, LA and San Diego, if they have had I don't know how to say this, an over influx of troubled teens, disadvantage teens that are immigrants, or primarily primarily a system to help those American youth.
Speaker 4: We help every use. It doesn't matter where they're from, but we you know, most of these kids are throwaway kids. Their parents are so dysfunctional, they're drug addicts, alcoholics, they're mentally ill, and it's safer for them to be in the streets in their home. And you know, it's just that wherever they from the between seventeen and twenty four, we will help them. And just so you know, we're only in San Diego, California. We actually mentored Chicago, Washingt d C. And another city, Philadelphia, when we had our national walk about ten years ago. But we are only in San Diego. That's enough work to do just here alone. But we always share, you know, our secrets for free with people because we you know, we want to have as many kids off the streets as possible, and we have a very successful program. So when people call me from all over the country, we readily share what we do because we want them to help kids in their community.
Speaker 2: How are you doing with the gang situation, because I know street kids are just the food. Not to be impolite when I say that that gangs are looking for to increase their numbers.
Speaker 4: I mean our kids are. Some of them were in gangs sometimes it was actually safe for being a gang then and they're set you know, on their streets by themselves. So it just depends on the situation. But you know, we are there to help people that want to help themselves, and we will help anybody from seventeen to twenty four if they're homeless or on the verge of being homeless, we will help them.
Speaker 2: I am reaching thirty eight states and a significant part of Canada with my signal. Can people are alluded to this about five minutes ago. Can people dash off a check to you?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you know what I recommend is number one if you're touched by what you hear with us, we we appreciate donations of any mood. Because we are so busy. We had to hire a third full time case manager of fifty five thousand dollars a year. That's a lot of money for a grassroots organization, but we are seeing so many. We're seen between one hundred to one hundred and twenty five youth a month. That's a lot of kids. So they can go to doorsof change dot org. Doors is plural. It changed out or I asked going to be on the Angel Team. We trademarked the name Angel Team from the California Angels and for eighteen dollars a month or thirty six dollars a month, they're fifty four dollars a month in multiples of eighteen. They can join our Angel Team and get a monthly donation. That would help us tremendously by getting monthly donations, and again it's two hundred and sixteen dollars a year at eighteen dollars a month. We appreciate everybody's help.
Speaker 2: Okay, and and we're not to leave you out of the conversation. I get the feeling that you truly enjoyed your eight yet, well, five of the eight years that show was on, you were part of six of fine, So you were part of it for six years and those were pleasant years for you?
Speaker 3: Were they not?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Christ, they were wonderful years. I grew up at Unicorns and Monkeys and Elizabeth Montgomery and Agnes Moorehead. They were great years.
Speaker 2: Did you understand that at an early age the legends that you were working with, Elizabeth Montgomery, Maurice Evans, Paul Lynn.
Speaker 5: No go ahead, you could go on and on and name names. And I had no realization of their fame or their star power until I was basically an adult. Because to me, they were my TV family, and I loved them like family members. And I knew that it was work, but they were my work family, so I loved them and did not know how famous they were until much later.
Speaker 3: What was the last episode of The Witch that you have seen?
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, it's silly, but I don't really watch it that often. If it's on somewhere. I would certainly never have someone turn it off, but it's kind of like home movies to me. I will say that today I watched a couple of clips because I'm trying to be more active with my Facebook. Everyone is pushing me to do that. So since we're in in the midst of the Olympics, I watched the episode where they were trying to make Tabitha my character and Olympic ice skater. So I watched that since there was a gold medalist in that, and I posted a little bit on my Facebook, so I can say that's the last episode I watched a little bit of.
Speaker 2: It and your Facebook. Would you like to share that with people? So if they want to communicate with you, they can.
Speaker 4: I would.
Speaker 5: But I don't even know the actual name address. I know on Instagram, I'm Aaron Murphy Bewitched. I don't know if that's what it is. On Facebook, I know it's Aaron Murphy, but if you go on it's a public page, so it has I don't know, two hundred and fifty thousand followers, so.
Speaker 3: You know it's me and Jeffrey. What is the address? Electronics as people.
Speaker 4: Can reach us indoorsdors of change dot org, doors have change dot org. You'll see a lot of videos of the kids speaking. You'll see interviews. It's very powerful. You'll see the mosteberties we have. We're blessed to have Billy Joelton, John Santana, Bruce Springsteen, we have you know, Lucy Arnez. We have Aaron Murphrey, We've got Anson Williams, Who've got you know, Jerry Seinfeld. All these people have helped us because they trusted us and they see that we're literally getting these kids off the streets and they're having a better life because of it.
Speaker 2: All Right, I have another break to take and there's a newsit with this break, but we'll come back.
Speaker 3: I'll give the phone number again, anyone out there you've always wanted to speak to Tabitha. She's here. Eron Murphy six.
Speaker 2: Five, four, ten thirty, eight, eight, eight, nine to nine, ten thirty give us a call here on Night's Side. And on that note, time and temperature nine twenty nine eighty five degrees.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray w B Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Ben is off tonight. I'm Morgan Morgan White Junior filling in and right now, I've got a pair of individuals who are philanthropic with their perspective. Aeron Murphy you may remember her from the TV show Bewitched. She played Tabitha and Jeffrey Sitkov and Jeffrey, did I pronounce your last name properly?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Sitgov That's correct, all right.
Speaker 3: I always want to make sure I get somebody's name right.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: And you are involved with Doors plural rs Doors of Change?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: And what was it.
Speaker 2: About Doors of Change that got you deeply involved with working hard for this charity?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm the founder and president. I've been doing this from day one, twenty three years ago. I wanted to help kids. I went an outreach one night just to see I didn't have any idea of their homeless youth in our community. When I heard there were I said, I've got to check this out, so I want an outreach one night, and that night literally changed my life. I've been doing it for twenty three years ever since, and almost three thousand kids. Now we've gotten off the streets because I just feel it's so important these youth that no one is helping and they're the future, and everybody wants to you know, help homelessness. How do you help homelessness? Well, you start by helping the youth that are on the streets, because if you can get them off the streets, they're not gonna be a thirty forty fifty year old. If you take care of when they're in the teens, you know what I mean, when they're transitional kids. They can be role models for others to follow, give them hope that they can get off the streets.
Speaker 2: You were mentioning a success story of he was a kid on the street, Sergio, and he's been driven to get schooling, attend college, and basically pull himself up by his bootstraps. Are there any other success stories you want to share.
Speaker 3: With the audience? Oh?
Speaker 4: My god, and Aaron's met some of them. We're so blessed. We actually had seven success stories at the event on Saturday, and one of the big ones is that Justine. She was homeless from twelve to sixteen because her mom was an alcoholic and her boyfriend U said, drag her by her hair started taking her clothes off. When she was twelve years old, she ran away. She joined a gang. She felt it was safer with the gang. All I can tell you is from our mentoring and from our program. She graduated in law school last year.
Speaker 3: Oh, there is a success story.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad you mentioned Justine because I'm assuming it's tougher on the women out there, not that boys aren't sexually abused, yes, but it's tougher on the women because of that issue is normally the first issue to which they are exposed.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is tougher on the I mean it's tough on everybody, but it is very difficult to have a woman, a girl that's seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty years old, that's on the streets. She doesn't trust anybody, and you know, it's very difficult. But thank god, we have many success stories of girls that you know, that didn't take no for an answer and pull themselves up. We gave them all the case management, all the whether it's whether it's you know, mental illness is a big deal, and mental health is a huge deal. So we get them hooked up with psychiatrists and psychologists to help them process to all the trauma on the streets. And they have to do that to be able to get to the next level. And so that's a very important part as we work on their whole being, you know, so they stay off the streets.
Speaker 2: That's the key, right, and Aaron I apologize to ping ponging back and forth. But I have to ask this question. I remember the spin off of Bewitched Tabitha, and I know Lisa Hartman played Tabitha. Did they consider you for that role? It was the role you created?
Speaker 5: Well, they couldn't consider me for the role. I was only twelve years old. So what happened was it Witched was scheduled to go on for two more years. We'd actually been picked up and had contracts for two additional seasons, and we went away on our hiatus, which is our break, expecting to come back. And during that time, Elizabeth Montgomery decided she didn't want to do.
Speaker 4: The show anymore.
Speaker 5: So there was still an audience for the show, so there were still people wanting to t be Witch. So they came up with the tap of the spinoff a few years later, and I was still a little kid. So the premise was that my character was an adult working is a weather girl, and I was much too.
Speaker 1: Young turn it.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that's fine, I was twelve.
Speaker 3: That still should have been us series.
Speaker 5: It's Okay, I adore Lisa Hartman, but I can safely say it was kind of a flop. They only did one season, right, that's true too.
Speaker 3: And one of my favorites, Barb Yurke, was a regular show.
Speaker 5: Yes he was now the show.
Speaker 2: Which came to Massachusetts to film episodes in the Gloucester Salem area. Did you come or I.
Speaker 5: Did not go to Salem when I was a child. I did go back to Salem a few years ago with TVLand to un sale the TV Landmark statue, which is the statue of Elizabeth Montgomery that's there in Lappin Square. So I have been to Salem and then I posted there Halloween parade there, which is a huge party in event, but I didn't go there to some when I was a kid.
Speaker 3: Are you scheduled for this October to do anything?
Speaker 5: I'm actually not. I'm taking this October off. Halloween is a big month for anything related to be wished. But I'm at a place in my life where I'm kind of picking and choosing the things I support and participate in, and it's more about family and travel and that part of my life. A little bit of work here and there too.
Speaker 3: I wish you were, because I would love to take you to lunch.
Speaker 5: Oh that's wait, I'll let you know the next time i'm there.
Speaker 2: All right, my dying, I'll treat you to lunch. There are plenty of great eateries and this neck of the woods, if they're like seafood, you're all set.
Speaker 5: I love secret and I love that side of the country absolutely.
Speaker 3: All right. Well, let me go back to Jeffrey and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Yes, of all of the sister agencies that have worked with you, can you name one or two or three of them? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well sure. We actually have sixty seven partnerships with people in our community because, you know, for us to get the best results for these youths, if they're domestic violence, we're refermed to domestic violence, If they have been you know, if they have all alcohol problems, refer them to alcohol, they have drug issues, all these different things that we refer to. We have many housing partners that have housing and so, you know, it's really important we're not in competition with each other. We're there to help these youth have a better life, get them off this streets because it's a win win for everybody. And so we're just so blessed to have you know, the people that we work with, all the different agencies. Again, there's sixty seven of them and we are blessed to you know, have them partner with us. And one of them is Lucky Duck and they are a very successful organization in town. Peter Seiler, who passed away last year, he was the owner of the San Diego Padres. He was on the board of directors and they have helped us tremendously. But there's many, many other organizations besides Lucky Duck that have helped us. It's just, you know, together we're helping get these kids a better life for themselves with hard work. They have to work hard. And by the way people are listening, they go, you know, why should I give the San Diego These kids come from Boston, they come from Buffalo, where I'm from. They get from Washington, d c. Because they can't be outside in the winters there's too cold, so they come up west. And so we have kids from all over the United States that we treat from you know that live in San Diego now, but they're from Boston, etc. They're all over the place. So that's why we'd be wonderful if you could help help us. And also I'm sure there's some good organizations in Boston area with homeless youth that you can help support them.
Speaker 2: Also, that is very true, very very true. And the thing that I find still decades later disgusting that the animals, human animals that are at the train stations, that are at the bus stations waiting for a kid getting off a bus in a city they know nothing about San Diego, they know nothing about Los Angeles. They are fourteen, fifteen, sixteen year olds getting off the bus, and they prey for these vermin who are looking at these kids as dollar signs.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: And I wish there was something that could be done about that.
Speaker 4: Well, you can, you can help us. We can them off the streets. That's why you know, we we actually go on the on outreach four days a week. We put up signs everywhere and let them know what the resource that we can give them, and they call us by the droves just checking, you know, can I get a free computer? Can I get you know, phones? And if they want to help us, you know, if they want to help with themselves with case management, we'll bend over backwards to help them. And so you know, it's just it's one person tells another kid. You know, I was helped by Doors of Change. They can help you. So we have many kids that refer their friends to us because they see the success that we've given them and they want their friends you have the same. So you know, anybody can go to Doors Have Changed dot org and look look at the interviews on there, you know, look at the celebrities that have helped us, and please because these kids, I mean, if we can get them off the streets, they really can be role models. Just like Aaron saw seven role models. These kids that are three of them are now thirty five years old. I knew when they were eighteen years old, and their role models for others to follow. They give hope to homeless kids that you can break the cycle. But they also give hope to our community that your donations really can save life.
Speaker 2: And I wish I could tip my hat to you face to face, and if you ever come to Boston, Harlan, who is Aaron's agent, has my number, get.
Speaker 3: In touch with me.
Speaker 2: I would love to meet you face to face and shake your hand for the good work that you've done.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I tell people it doesn't matter if you're touched by this. If you don't take action and even give a ten dollars donation, it's doing nothing, you know what I mean. You've got to do something if you're touched to make a difference. If you just touch it ow. I love what they're doing, but you don't participate, what is it doing for the world, you know what I'm saying. So that's why join our Angel team for eighteen bucks a month or give a one time eighteen dollars donation or whatever. It doesn't matter. Eighteen by the way, means life. And since we're bringing life to homeless kids, we do things in donations of eighteen. We raise seven million dollars by doing in donations of eighteen.
Speaker 2: Let me take my last break of the hour, and when we come back, remind me to tell you about a personal story for me lineage of my family involved with the Salvation Army. And on that note, time and temperature here on BZ night Side nine forty five eighty five degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Life Sight Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: This is Nightside.
Speaker 2: Nightside happens every Monday through Friday, eight to midnight, whether Dan Ray is here or not. Dan's on vacation. August twelfth, I think is the target date of his return. My name is Morgan. Morgan White Junior. Been a part of the BZ fabric for I'm Gonna Ball Pocket around nineteen ninety five. And on that note, sil goat erin Murphy here and Jeffrey Sitkov and the charity is Doors of Change, and I'll have Jeffrey give the information on how you can dash off a donation before we wave goodbye at the top of the hour. Aaron, I have another Bewitched related question. I know you were there, as you mentioned, for six years, and you met all kinds of people, both in front of and behind the camera. Unfortunately most of the people who were in front of the camera have passed on. But did you make any friends on that show that the friendship has lasted.
Speaker 3: Up to now?
Speaker 5: I made a bunch of friends on that show. I stayed in touch with our main cast, but we also had guest stars who were closer to my age. So Danny Bonaducci, who was a former child actor, was on the show with me twice and I have remained friends and actually did Pulk Hogan's Celebrity Wrestling Together a few years ago. Also Johnny Whittaker, who was on a show called Family and there back at the time. He played Jack and the Beanstock on an episode, and I saw him last week, So I definitely have stayed in touch with people from the show besides the main cast, right.
Speaker 2: And I knew that you had to have some friendships because you're spending five, six, twelve hours on set and you make friends.
Speaker 3: It's just the news of the business.
Speaker 2: Now, did you I know, not when you first started at age two and three and four, but at what age did you have to attend a class as well as master alliance?
Speaker 5: Very early? I was enrolled in kindergarten at four, So I started school on the set when I was four, and then if there would be an ajor in the week that I wasn't, I would go back to my regular school. So I was on school from four years to eight years.
Speaker 3: And how did the kids in your regular school treat you?
Speaker 2: Were you a little celebrity or Aaron's gone again to film that stupid show.
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 5: Everybody was really nice to me. Sometimes you hear about child actors and they have negative experiences outside of the business. But maybe because I'm a nice, cute girl. I don't know, but everybody was nice to be throughout the running of the show. After when Bewitched was over, I didn't have any negative experiences based on being a child star. And I'm saying that in quotes you can't see me.
Speaker 2: What other work did you do episodic TV or theater after your days.
Speaker 5: I'm Bewitched a little bit of everything. When the show was over, I can continue doing a lot of commercials, and I went back to school, So I mean I I was a cheerleader. I was home heavy queen. I had a very well rounded childhood outside the business, and then as an adult, I returned to doing things in the business. I worked as a television host for a bunch of years, did some still in radio work. I do a lot of voiceover now, so I do a lot of looping. So if you watch the most recent The Batman movie, which was a pretty big film, I'm in that. I'm the weather girl. I'm a newscaster. I do a lot of voiceover work, and I still do a lot of infomercials and things like that, but cherating documentaries, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: Did you ever meet June Foray, who was one of these.
Speaker 5: I did, absolutely.
Speaker 2: She and I share a birthday. I miss her terribly. She passed away about a decade or so ago, and she was the best in the business. And I'm looking at a photo of her right now. One of her anime friends animated about three or four dozen characters that she supplied their voice and her pictures in the middle, and you see an insert of talking Tina from that Twilight Zone episode and all the characters she did, the Siamese cats from Lady in the Tramp We as Siamese if you please, And I don't know if you can get your hands on that photo. She sent me a copy of it, and I truly miss her to this very minute, in this very day.
Speaker 5: She was a lovely lady. I knew her also.
Speaker 3: Yes, now, Jeffrey, I'm going to tell you a story, true story.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 2: My grandmother had two children, my mother and my aunt. They lived in New York. In this particular holiday season, it was hard time to my grandmother, and there were trials and tribulations that prevented her from having a happy holiday. Somebody told a member of the Salvation Army in her neighborhood that Mary was having a tough time. She had two daughters, and the Salvation Army brought food and presents over. My grandmother told me that story, and every year up to the last year, I look for supermarkets or places where you've got the Santa Claus on the corner, ringing that bell.
Speaker 3: With the red pot, and I always.
Speaker 2: Make sure I put a little something in that pot every year. That's just the way I look at the Salvation Army for coming to the aid of my family way back.
Speaker 3: When are there people that do that with you?
Speaker 4: Yes, we have donors that have been with us for over twenty years and we just had our biggest donor passed away two weeks ago. Who you know, just an angel of angels and he's with us for twenty years. But in Vonda Webb, we can't thank him enough. I know he's in a good place right now, and I know the legacy he left behind. He's helped us with twenty five hundred homeless kids getting off the streets. What kind of karma is that?
Speaker 3: There you go and.
Speaker 2: Karma always comes back whether you do well, if you're doing a good deed or you're doing a bad deed and you want to be a good person and it comes back. Usually you don't recognize it until it chills up or after it's gone. So when's the old saying goes? A colleague broadcaster has a salutation, be good so you can do well, that's a Jordan Rich statement and he's a colleague of mine here in WBZ, And that's what you got to do. Do the best you can to help help somebody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, make a difference in the world.
Speaker 2: And I've got to say to you, thank you. Is your organization represented in Boston at all?
Speaker 4: No? I mean, well, we have kids from Boston and we've helped. But no, again, I'm from Buffalo. Whether it's Detroit, New York, you know, Philadelphia, Chicago, et cetera. There is homeless kids throughout the United States four point two million. So don't think this is you know, not in Boston or in Chicago, whatever. It's all over the place. And that's why you can help organization. We can be the template to show other communities listen, do what they're doing. It's working. We can help the kids have a better life and get them off the streets.
Speaker 3: Tell everybody again your website.
Speaker 4: Sure it's doors of Change dot org. Doors is plural d O O R s of change dot org. You can make a donation of any amount and please, I really appreciate you, you know, doing something so we can have a better life for these kids. They have to work hard, this is not easy, but we give them the opportunity and we help them. We're like advocates. We're almost like their parents because their parents are not functioning, you know, it's parents, so we really become like their parents. And we need we need to help more kids because we're getting great results. But there are so many kids that would benefit from our service. And that's why. That's why I'm so appreciative of Aaron to take the time out of our busy schedule, you know, to come and be a co EMC for our event. You know, she has been angel of angels. I'm so appreciative of her help.
Speaker 3: Aaron tell people again you a web.
Speaker 5: Side information and once again I'll say I should know it and I don't. If you google Aaron Murphy, everything will pop up. I'm on Instagram and Facebook and Twitter. Since I've refused to convert to X it's still Twitter on my phone. Everywhere on social media, you can find me, Aaron.
Speaker 3: Do me a favor.
Speaker 2: Tell Harlan I thank him profusely for coordinating this absolutely. All right, good luck to you, Jeffrey, good luck to you and the organization. Time Aaron, BZ all right, next hour, we're going to talk about our national parks with old Buddy Dixie here.
Speaker 3: On night side. Time and temperature nine fifty eight eighty five degrees