Speaker 1: Bass has dropped here on SDH and it is John here, you there, thanks for dropping by this morning, and the way that things are this morning, hang on a second, let me let me do a little bit of let me do a little bit of business here, all right. So I discovered something and this actually might be opening kickoff. So, uh, the way that things are now with.
Speaker 2: And let me I'm seeing if what.
Speaker 1: I'm doing is the right thing. I'm checking to see if what I'm doing is the right thing. Morning d Gram Morning Alix.
Speaker 2: Stream Yard is like our are our host, and they like they'll add bells and whistles occasionally, and they'll they'll.
Speaker 1: Like sit there and say, okay, well, hey, how about this, Hey here, try this, try this, try this, try this. And so what they've done now is they've basically allowed you to check and see, Okay, well, if this is a default setup, then you get to just use this room. And this is the room that you're in and you're locked in place, so that way you're not having to log in each and every time. And so I'm testing my own acumen when it comes to business and when it comes to setting up things and being technologically sound. So we'll see what happens if in fact, and I think the fact that you guys are are logging in already it's a it's a good thing because you're staring at me.
Speaker 2: Which is always a good thing.
Speaker 1: Steve Cook said, to join us at nine forty five and then we'll talk at Landy Nightey two for like fifteen to twenty minutes and we'll get into MLS Next Pro. Because MLS Next Pro two o'clock and three o'clock this afternoon.
Speaker 2: It's the pick your dance partner part of the program.
Speaker 1: With the playoffs, a lot of alliteration from anxious anchors placed in powerful posts.
Speaker 2: So what you've.
Speaker 1: Got is the chance to if you are the one, Morning Wiley, Morning Abby, Morning Dell, you have the opportunity to pick your dance partner, and then you end up with something that legitimately gave issues too folks last season, so they picked their dance partners, and I said, that's that's part of the deal with Part of the deal with MLS Next Pro is that you know if you are, if you're the one, then you can pick from anybody below, you know, five through eight, and then the two gets to pick, and then the three gets to pick and the four is left over with what you got. So didn't really work out all that well last year, So we'll see what happens this year. Two o'clock for the Eastern Conference, three o'clock, uh to the for the Western Uh the Western Conference. Oh, the scrolling thigamajig. I guess this might well, this is the scrolling thigamajig as Abby is seeing here on the on the video side of things.
Speaker 2: That's that's from our friends.
Speaker 1: At glance Led, and glance Led is something that I stumbled across and the boss was like, ooh, you got to get that. And so what you can get is various sizes of boards and literally this was the only one that could fit unless I put it like on the h unless I put it on the train track. Because you can get various sizes and it gives you up to date information, news, whether what have you, and you could program all the sports you want, news of the morning, all that kind of stuff. And so yeah, this is from our friends at glance Led, and so I guess this means now I'm gonna have to clip this for them and send it to them, because yeah, well and I know it's it's Uh, it's kind of then don't look at me. So what it does is it gives all the final scores and it helps me out because there are times where I would you know it, maybe it saves me. It saves me a little time in trying to talk about stuff occasionally. So you'll get uh store, you get scores from Europe, you'll get matchups, mls, all that kind of stuff. And so that's from our friends at glance Led. They've got a couple of different sizes of devices, and uh, I mean what I you know, I what I could do is I could expand I could I could expand this and see what's going on. So but no, it's it's from our friends at glance Led. And I'm debating getting the larger size and maybe putting it in the train track, but that would sacrifice some hats and we'll see what happens there. But now, it was very very very very cool idea and so uh it was all of the all of the deal. So we'll see what is Uh, we'll see what's going on with our friends at glance Led.
Speaker 2: So all I know is, uh, what you got with all of that stuff. That's all.
Speaker 1: That's all I know all right, so opening kickoff brought to buy our friends at kickoff cough morning, Pars. I know it's in the fifties and things. Uh you know it's uh yeah, so we'll see what's going on anyway. Uh that's that's what's that's what's up this morning. So we'll see what's up Land. It's like I said, Steve Cook said, to join us nine and we'll discuss what's up with uh, what's going on with uh Atlanta United two and MLS next pro Like I said, we'll have our we'll talk about dance partners and things like that, and we'll talk about the season that Steve had with Atlanta United. I think it's uh, let's see SDHL Fresco nicely done, Hodge odds. Atlanta United makes the playoffs. I think it was somewhere between two and ten percent. I think that was the number. So uh so we'll see what's up and uh all right, that's all I know for that anyway. The Pars the monitor in the background, Oh uh, that's from our friends at glance Led. So this the monitor in the background, that's from a glance Led and there for like info junkies and things like that and so literally they have different sizes and this was the only one that I could find that could fit. So yeah, it's our friends at glance led right there, and so you'll have you'll have scores and things popping up from around the planet opening kickoff rochers, buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. And that's your QR code for those of you who are watching. However you're accessing us this morning large device are small and what you do is you hit that QR code. Then you end up with going in to Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. You get your coffee, you check out, use the codes hucker down here fifteen. You get fifteen percent off your purchase. They in turn take ten percent reinvested into youth games. Youth initiative is very very cool stuff for my friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. All right, how many of you, when you're wandering around the house barefoot, step on a sharp object, show a hand.
Speaker 2: That was me yesterday.
Speaker 1: And so what happened is you know, obviously I'm running around the office or walking quickly step on something sharp and because you know, you're bringing stuff in from the outside bottom of your shoes and things like that, and four card is definitely to your benefit that you don't wander around anywhere barefoot. So I was, I said, I was here in the office yesterday. I was here in office HD yesterday wandering around. And because you know, when you step on things you come inside, you know, you bring stuff on the bottom of your shoes and on your clothes and things like that.
Speaker 2: So I ended up stepping on I'm guessing a.
Speaker 1: Thorn of some description or something sharp, and so so you know how it gets on the bottom of your foot and everything, and you're trying to sit there and go, okay, try and get this out, you know. And you're sitting there and you're trying to sit down and contort and try to find like a pair of tweezers or something to try to that kind of a thing, and you're trying to get the get the splinter out of your foot. I was unsuccessful and so waiting entirely too late to get the splinter out of my foot. It is now like embedded and you can't get to it. So that's what well, David, Yeah, kind of like lego blocks but smaller and more impactful because it's a splinter and it's now literally in my foot and I can't do anything about it because it's past the line of.
Speaker 2: Hydrogen peroxide.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Havy, because I was going to ask, see, see, this is what happens when we're together for like the seventh season, and that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Four card, it's in there forever. But if you you.
Speaker 1: Know, but if you're abby, Abby's like paroxide, didn't take a bath and needle it out.
Speaker 2: So that's where I am right now.
Speaker 1: So suffice to say, when I'm walking around with shoes, it doesn't hurt. When I'm walking around barefoot, I'm mashing onto that splinter and I'm constantly being reminded of how deep it is inside my foot. No, no, pars, I do not take I do not take feet picks.
Speaker 2: Pars. I do not take feet picks. Not happening.
Speaker 1: No, you would have to actually, I would have to actually know what I'm doing when it comes to taking pictures in the first place, I end up taking pictures of stuff that's facing the other way because you know, like if you're because with the phone, you know, you sit there and you log in, you hit your you hit your photo ID, and it's like you take a picture and ends up you want to take a picture that way, it ends up being a picture of your face. I still have to navigate that kind of stuff. But no, I was going to ask an Abby beat me to it. If there's a point of no return, if there's something that I end up that I can end up doing and chasing after it and get it out of my foot because it hurts like hell.
Speaker 2: So that's what I was That's what I was chasing after.
Speaker 1: David says, I think if you keep walking it turns into a diamond in fifteen years. That wouldn't go over well because then I would do circulation in my foot unless it just falls out of my foot in fifteen years. Yeah, Hutch, Yeah, just look at the old the old James, but the most recent James Bond movie with nanobots.
Speaker 2: I think that that might be work.
Speaker 1: Abby's like, get a corn pad and have the spot in the middle cushioned all around. Then you're good until you can dig it out. Okay, Yeah, four card knows a little too much about all this stuff. Yeah, so Nick's basically wasting no time. He's just getting right to the end. But it just amputated.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Limbs are cool, though.
Speaker 1: I don't know if the boss would I could just see the boss right now actually where literally it would be like, you know, dude, what are you doing. I'm amputating my I'm amputating the base of my foot because there's a splinter in there. Oh okay, carry on, She'll walk out of the room. Yeah, one of those kind of things. So, uh, amputation. Yeah, home amputation kit, I think would be what I would need next, Nicks. So yeah, the home amputation kit would be the next the next thing that would be on the line. Why do I have sharp objects on my floor? Well, I mean, like I said, it's just it's you know, like you go out walking and then you end up with like stuff that attaches to the sole of your shoe and or you know, you wander inside. You know, you're out there trying to clean out in the yard, and so things, you know, things blow in, things end up on the bottom of your shoes. It happens, Nicks. Sunrises in the east sets in the West. We pay our taxes in April, and we'd always drag things into the house off of a shoe or a piece of clothing or something like that. So Della is listening on the peloton this morning. He's got a half iron man in the nineteenth Does that make you either iron or a man?
Speaker 2: Which one? I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm asking, no way I would ever complete one of those things. You're a better man than I. De Graham feel better, please, So that is that was opening kickoff. I was wondering if there was a solution. And well, this is what in pars okay, so Par says, next time duct tape. Well, because what I did is I took packing tape and I put it on the sole of my foot and I tried to do the same thing and it didn't quite work. Uh So I you know, I was right there with you, Pars. I was right there with you. I was thinking, you know, something like packing tape. Somewhere in there. I had packing tape because it was easily accessible, and it didn't work.
Speaker 2: So it was an idea. Abby, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Uh Like I said, I'll probably do your peroxide bit because I'm sure we have peroxide. Uh well, and yeah, Dell Dell is asking epsom salt and ibby saying peroxide. So I'll go with hydrogen peroxide because I know we have that in the house. So at eleven oh something, I will probably go upstairs to the bathroom and try and figure out, Okay, here's the deal. And then so it would end up being hydrogen peroxide, and then maybe I could blonde my hair out a little bit, you know, get it, get it in and around. Obviously I would take the headset off first, but but that that would be what I'm what I'm chasing it. No, Dell, I'm not worth. I'm not worth the money. But Dell's like the boss is trying to kill me. No, I'm worth about I'm worth what is it? They say the body's worth about thirty seven cents. That's about what I'm worth. So it's no, uh, Hutch, I'm guessing, U.
Speaker 2: Hutch.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing it's like one of those wood splinters. So it would be it's a wood splinter, I guess, Dell. It is not the basement, sir, It is the office. Is the office that is not a basement. Leave the headset on.
Speaker 2: The contrast stripe would look great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, I mean it's just like it's like, okay, so which which part of me is functioning here?
Speaker 2: Uh clear?
Speaker 1: Okay, Abby, You see now I needles, sterilize a needle, cleared out ground, and have a good pair of tweezers, So I could do I could do the tweezer part, I could do the hydrogen peroxide part, the whole needle thing. You didn't get me to do that because then that's more surface area that I'm responsible for, and you don't want that. But no, I was just I was wondering, since I was past the point of no return, is there a way to reverse the process. That was my opening kickoff, and so it seems like hydrogen peroxide is the way to go when we're at past the point of no return. So that, like I said, that was like that was my big question. That was my big question. And so that was where that was where I was this morning. So that's opening kickoff Rochers by our friends at kickoff pop needle thing is after the prox I Proxi cleans it up. No Nicks, No, it's just you know, opening kickoff by now Nick is just something that random that pops into my head and so we it's a way of getting into the show. It was just literally is like I was trying to figure out, Okay, what do I do here in Hutch with a YouTube short?
Speaker 2: Do I need to know about this?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Uh so uh splinter trick thank you from doctor Mandel. I don't know who doctor Mandel is, but we'll get into thank you. Okay, so splinter trick, thank you. Yes, it's a cold open, so uh I have to dig great Uh Okay, but no, it's not international international break or international or no international break.
Speaker 3: It's the cold open.
Speaker 1: It's always what it is to get us into the show and say hi, basically. But yeah, No, it was a random thought that I had in my head that I thought I was passing overturn.
Speaker 2: I passed the point of no return.
Speaker 1: That's opening kickoff Rojo's buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. That's your QR code for those of you who are hanging out with us this morning that haven't had your coffee yet. You hit that QR code takes you to Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. Then use the code soccer down here fifteen at checkout you get fifteen percent off your purchase day In turn, take ten percent reinvested into youth games, youth initiatives, very very cool stuff from our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. All right now this morning, Like I said, Steve Cook coming on in about twenty minutes. Then we'll discuss the season for at Landing and that it too MLS Next Pro in general. How much of a challenge is it for coaching staffs and things like that to be in MLS Next Pro, considering that there are sometimes when you don't know what your roster is going to be until game day, because if the first team plays and you need reinforcements, then you can have first teamers hang back and help you out. At Land United too, Basically, we're going to talk about the season that was, talk about the challenges to talk about the players that and literally like when we talked about it when Tyler was on back on Friday and we broke down. Basically a lot of folks that got to see the next stages of their game happened through MLS Next Pro and Atlanta United too. So we'll talk about some folks, hobby armist, Jaden Hibbert, Aiden Torres, a lot of folks. I don't know if you saw this yesterday, Alan Carlton on his Instagram bid adieu to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: What the future holds.
Speaker 1: For Alan do not know, but Alan, So we'll keep an eye on Alan Carlton and we'll see where Allen's next season is. We'll keep an eye on Alan Carlton going forward. But yeah, on his Instagram yesterday had the thank you message for Atlanta. But we'll get into a lot of the players. We'll get into the challenges of MLS Next Pro, what the season was like, what the function of MLS Next Pro is, and how it kind of serves a duel purpose, and get into players and growth in those kinds of things.
Speaker 2: Catching up with Steve Cook in about twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: And I can't thank Steve enough for coming on to break everything down. It was a fun season for us at the SDCH network to call at Lady United. Two matches all across the board. So, like I said, we'll catch up with Steve in about twenty minutes, go over the playoff structure and what the matchups could be, those kinds of things. So don't know, del do not know, do not know, Like I said, do not know. We just know that Alan said thank you at Dell's like Alan to Charleston. Don't know, but Alan posted a thank you note to Atlanta on his Instagram yesterday. Dell very thankful for MLS Next Pro. It's how you've got MD Myers at the Battery.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: MD Myers for NYCFC two was a pain in the butt, absolute pain in the butt.
Speaker 2: And so M. D.
Speaker 1: Myers and Merchanic doing tremendous things offensively for the Charleston Battery. And then you never know what the next stage is going to be because Merchanic's heading to Europe after the season's over. Great move for Charleston. Hopefully it pays off for Merchanic as well. So but yeah, just an MLS Next Pro discussion of two's discussion within the framework of Atlanta nighted those kinds of things. So we'll catch up with Steve about twenty minutes. The awards have come out, The nominations have come out, not the giving of the awards, but the nominations have come out for all of the awards in Major League Soccer, and it is one of those things where we get to see, you know, who's been nominated, who's doing what, and who's going where.
Speaker 2: Jared Smith joining us. Good morning, Jared, Good morning Joe. So I actually did a thing, I guess, huh with the kind.
Speaker 1: Of with the with the the the passwords and pass codes and everything, I actually formulated a room in a studio space where we can come and just congregate and not have to send the same thing each and every single time.
Speaker 2: I did a thing.
Speaker 3: Man, you did a thing.
Speaker 1: So when Steve comes on in twenty minutes, first off, are you going to be able to hang out with us or is.
Speaker 2: The real world gonna enep me until ten? Okay? So okay, So.
Speaker 1: It will be a fun discussion with Steve about MLS Next Pro and the twos and player development and coaching challenges and things like that. So, uh, get your questions ready for Steve in the next when he comes on in about twenty minutes to discuss it.
Speaker 2: Land United too.
Speaker 1: But when you look back at the season for the two specifically with the playoffs coming up, the announcement where you get to pick your dance partner at two and three depending on your conference. Today, when you look back at the season for the twos, what sticks in your mind?
Speaker 3: I think just the first For me, it's frustration because of the potential they showed, but they didn't quite reach if that makes sense right. And you know, we talked to Steve. Games were you know, they would put on you have, you Have, and you'd always have games like this where you know, you felt like you played well, you played better than the result. And then you'd have games where you pulled out a win. And we talked to him and they got to clean that up. They can't play like that and win next week. And it's all a learning process because, yeah, you've got academy kids that play there. You'd love to see I think more academy kids all the time. But it's tricky because so many of these kids in the past are getting ready early, especially early in the season. They're getting ready to go to college, they're getting ready to you know, to get moved into some place in some cases across the damn country, and you know, they're trying to get their lives moving in that direction. And then you've also got guys who are going to be playing in MLS next tournaments. And with academy games, it's it's so much easier said than done to just say, well, just play all the academy kids all the time. It's not always easy. They're not always there and it's tricky. We've talked to him, God knows, We've talked to Tony, we talked to Steven Glass spout of the past. Man, it's hard to like, it's hard to build that continuous continuity because then aside from that, you have first team guys getting or tecond team guys getting pulled up to the first team for training, academy kids getting pulled up to the first team for training. Like, that's a lot, man, as far as the whole entire you know, how it went down, Like, it's disappointing because I think they showed that if they could have had that consistency continually, they could have made noise. They had the talent. You know, you brought in a really dynamic striker in the middle of the window to acquire on Glla Garry. I'm interested to see what this looks like going into next year for the twos, because you're gonna have some of the academy guys a year older. You're gonna have decisions to make on guys like Eric Steno, who's been here for three years now and has been trying to break through. Jadan Hibbert's going to continue to improve, and I thought he just kept just taking leaps him balance all year last year. Man, Yeah, you've got you know, Daniel Russa is gonna want to come back and prove something after having an unfortunate injury. M there's a lot of questions ask and we'll see how the one year deals work out with it too, because I'm sure you'll get another group of those you know, just screamed to meet me, come back. What is scream to me? Me's future look like? You know, what does what does you know Nick Corrido's future look like? How does this play out for the for guys like that who kind of feel like they are veterans and leaders but might have a chance to go somewhere and get more. Yeah, we saw a fat It was one of those guys get loaned out to Lo City and I lose it, trigger the purchase and he's driving up there and happy, happy for eight. So just interested to see what you find with that because those I know, those one year deals and some I think some clubs do like two or three year deals with those guys they bring in who are not a part of the system. They're kind of weird, but for a place like Atlanta. They can be very useful to try and help, try and help somebody uncover what they can be and get did that with Nick Permino. Nick Forereno again was a homegrown in New England who didn't stick comes here and was you know, he was the MLS next Progress eleven last year. Damn you're one of the boot this year. Kind of caught in between because of you know, getting benches with the first team, not always being available for the second team. You know, what, where do you go? Where does he go from here? And can you go find another guy like that where you might be able to knock some dust off a bottle and see what's it?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: And I mentioned Alan Carlton on Instagram yesterday mentioning doing the thank you note for Landy United. And when you see something, Yeah, when when you see someone like Alan Carlton develop over X number of years and you get to see the sand paper version of Alan Carlton come to come to fruition where you get to see his imagination. But at the same time you got to see his sandpaper that was attached to Uh. You know, it's like you think, just because somebody is you know, hyper skinny, and you think he's going to be a pushover. Alan proved in the twenty four season that yeah, you just keep you keep underesting, underestimating me, and I'm gonna do a sombrero and a whoop you do around you. I'm going to leave you about ten yards behind me. And then if you want to try to, you know, bow up on me, well we'll play a little chippy, will get a little sandpaper and I'll get in your grill. There's nothing, there's nothing wrong with that. I mean to see that evolution of Alan Carlton. I thought was really cool in twenty four.
Speaker 3: It was he really took off this year. And yeah, it sucks like he's leading. Sounds like makes me wonder if somebody reached out, if you got basically a somebody reached out and said, hey, we'll we'll give you a shot right now, whether it be MLS or USL. If somebody said here's a guaranteed contract, come down here and be part of the project, come up here, depart of the project, whatever, it might be interesting to see where he lands. Because he had made such progress, uh, you know, in this organization, and I think he you know, he started to bowk up at, which we had been begging for for a while. Man, Yeah, I hate see it leave because the kid, the kids talented, these technicals all hell, and he's got he's got grit doing Hopefully Reverie lands he thrives. Because at the end of the day, like, yeah, you want to keep all of these guys who have potential, but you can't. It's not possible. See, I hope you keep the right ones, and all you can do is try and keep as many as you can. Yeah, and the ones that you can't keep, you just have to lois them the best and hope that they can go find success and hope that you've done what you can to set them up for success.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind.
Speaker 3: Of the end of the day, up it. You can't keep all of them. Sometimes they want to move on. Sometimes you might not feel like they're going to break through in a specific position where they are, and there's a lot of bodies in the way. They might decide they want to go try and do something else, whatever it might be. You just kind of have to You kind of have to try and get them as ready as you can to be useful and to be a part of your project. And if they don't, if they aren't part of the project, you got to hope that they go and are able to drive somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I mean you may mention Aiden McFadden and lou City. There's always the Lanty Nighted two pipeline that goes to our buddy Stephen Glass out of Memphis nine oh one, where on any given day there could have been at least three or four former Landy United two players that were attached.
Speaker 2: To his success.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, Chris Allen is still floating around in USL Championship. You had a guy like Jack Kerr who's out in Sacramento as well. So you get to to see players come by and then you get to see them take their next steps.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: D Graham mentioned Jarrett alluded to it, the idea of a forty man roster or eighteen or available and d grams loan everything out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, loan everything.
Speaker 3: It doesn't work, Unfortunately it doesn't work. Then something we've worked on before, but the hell, let's revisit. It would help if MLSPA, oh boy, MLS and the NCAA could all be locked in a room together and to figure out how they want to do this so that we could have academy kids make the bench on a first team roster. We need Tom you know where, hey Columbus like when they had to when they lost their goalkeeper in that game, and and wolf Nazi kind of promo, Like, imagine a world where a kid can play for a USL team out of the academy and not burn his uh his in double eligibility. USL is a pro league, second division pro league, but if he plays for an LS team, he burns his eligibility because the INCLA just doesn't always make sense and it needs to be more of a living, breathing thing into that respect, I think, because imagine if Columbus said, hey, we got a seventeen year old goalkeeper who we're just gonna call up for the academy and hopefully he doesn't have to play it. If he does, if he's in the shooting range, and he'll get the room, he'll get to keep that memory forever, good or bad.
Speaker 2: I mean, damn.
Speaker 1: The National Hockey League in Arenas have a emergency keepers for these kinds of situations.
Speaker 3: Who was that? Who was it? Was it the Canes that had to do that?
Speaker 2: Or yeah, it was it was the Canes that had against the Leaves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they went like in like pull a guy off the street who was playing like pick up hockey with his like in like a pick up like an adult league or something. Yeah, like you suited him up for one game and he got the win. Because if there's any team in the NHL that's going to lose a game to a team that is missing like three or four goalkeepers that just pulls a guy off the street, throws a shirt on him and sticks him between the pipes, it's gonna be to rough. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then before that, remember it was the Chicago Blackhawks who had the league keeper, the beer league guy that was there sitting in the stats and got the call. So yeah, it was the Canes, and then before that it was Chicago. And in both of those instances you had legendary movement. And you've got great stories about dude who are like in their late twenties, early thirties or mid thirties. Yeah, so sure, why not, But no, the NCAA and no, we can't, we can't have we can't have nice things.
Speaker 3: Jared simplify that like in the MLSPA, like he sit down and figure out how to kind of rope in these MLSNX Pro players into the MLSPA bullies so that everyone is involved and that everybody's getting the coverage they need so that you can move back and forth and make loaning players I think easier, make player movement easier. But there's always going to be tricks with managing second teams and yeah, man, it's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I want to get into the all the magic tricks that it takes to make sure that things go as well as humanly possible. Like I said, Steve Cook coming up in about five minutes or so, so it'll be really cool to kind of pick his brain when it comes to the all lives and times of MLS Next Pro, because I know that a lot of folks get locked into the idea of Okay, you're a team in a league, therefore you're there to try and win championships and things like that.
Speaker 2: But an MLS Next Pro, that's a part of the equation. It's not the full equation. You have to do.
Speaker 1: You have to juggle the idea of player development plus trying to win and the lessons that go along with it.
Speaker 3: Jared, Yeah, you do. And look some some programs that handle it better. You look at some of the you know, sex person standing zone. The Columbus wins at year one. Yeah, if Philly and New York are generally near the top, the system is more of a streamline, straight line in terms of style. Yeah, man, it's some places are handling it better than others. I mean there are some places they handle it worse. In Atlanta kind of in the middle of the road where they go through I think every club in NL six pro has gone through those stretches where they'll go about a month and you're looking like you do you guys even know each other names, where they just look at the sink and then they'll give a little bit of time on the train, crowd together and like, oh this this is terrifying too much, you guys, where's this thing? It's tough, man, Like, I think every club deals with that, and it's just part of like I said, you know, first, the guys called up the first team training, they might not always be training together building that chemistry that they want to have because the first team's looking at those guys saying, come train with us, show me something to you end up like a Formino situation and it's it's tough to balance it and stuff, you know as well, where you're gonna have situations where like first team says, hey, we're off this week. These two or three guys they need minutes. We're sending them down to play for you. And that can be a thing where it's where it's yeah, we're sending them down to play for you, and you're kind of being volatile. Yeah, and it's because you're working for the organization as a whole. The first team is the most important thing. So you might have to shuffle your line up a bit and shuffle your expectations and shuffle who you put on the bench and see who's available because of injury or if they're going out and playing tournaments, or if they're getting ready to go to college, or you know, whatever the hell it might be. First half of the year and MLS next pro is always going to be just chaotic mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And now it's uh, we'll get into the chaos here.
Speaker 1: And as as Jared as you as you speak about the chaos, we have the man who is running point on part of the chaos about ready to drop in. Let's see if what's what's on Steve Cook's mind here as we bring him in this morning.
Speaker 2: Steve, it's John and Jarrett. Thanks for dropping by this morning.
Speaker 4: It's a pleasure to be with you.
Speaker 1: When you look back now that you've had, you know, a little bit of time to kind of let the twenty four see and digest. I guess what are some of the things that stick in your head about at Lane United too, and what you were able to accomplish this season and MLS next pro.
Speaker 5: I think when when you look back on a season as a competitor, and I'll address this one first, and you don't win the trophy at the end of the season, you're always a little bit disappointed, you know. I don't think that'll ever change for someone like me, or for most of the players that we have with us, and certainly not the coaching staff or the club. You know, this is what it's like when you're at a big, big club. The reality, though, is that the two sitting a very different place than than the first team. You know, we sit in a place that is really about player development. The goal of the group is to get as many players through that pathway as we possibly can, from the academy and outside the academy, and.
Speaker 4: Then into the first team.
Speaker 5: And I think when you look at the contributions that various players have made in US Open Cup playing minutes for the first team. You know, even this past weekend, you look at a great finish from Tyler Woolf recently got good minutes with the twos, and you look at the development of some of the young players from the academy Dominic Chunk.
Speaker 3: We really really.
Speaker 5: Sticks in my mind there as well. I think you can look at the season as a real success because again, just like last season as well, we had a great record of bringing players through our academy through the college system.
Speaker 4: Actually, when you're.
Speaker 5: Back at Nick Formeno last year coming from another MLS club and then gaining some traction with US, and then the same thing happened this year with Matt Edwards coming from college and has now made great contributions. So if you ask me that question, as Steve Cook the competitor, I'm going to say, my goodness, I'm a bit disappointed. But the reality is that if you look at the vision and the purpose for the twos, we've had yet another really good season where a lot of players have improved, a lot of players have moved through the pathway, and probably some of the successes they've had and the challenges they've had are really about preparing them for their futures and the future for the first team, and that really makes us all proud, because that's what it's all about.
Speaker 6: Coach, I wanted to ask about the emotional development in these situations, because especially some of these teenagers. We were all seventeen at one point, and not all of us were mentally and emotionally mature enough to handle playing a game professionally. What's it like trying to get them into a good place mentally and emotionally week after week where they can contribute to not let things kind of weigh them down.
Speaker 5: I think this is a really big question, and it's one that I think we probably is should I say, more mature people, We probably forget how we were when we were that age, As you alluded to, We also, I believe, might not appreciate what it is like for a young person in the twenty first century, and certainly in the twenty twenties with social media, so everything they do is magnified. Everything they do from their performance as a scene on Platus like Why Scout and on Huddle and we've got people all over the world putting stats together for these young people. And so I think one of the difficulties these days for any young person is that their lives are lived out in the public eye. And especially as a young young player coming through the academy, you play with that joy, you play with that freedom, You have this sense of you know, it's a kid's game and I'm really lucky to be playing. And then suddenly, you know, around about the age of sixteen seventeen eighteen, it starts to take on a little bit more meaning in a professional sense. And then when you go through the ups and downs publicly, it can be quite traumatic for a young player. And I think one of the big things I think we do try to focus on is making sure that the players are in a good place from a holistic sense, you know, their lifestyle, from their daily habits, from not getting too high with them when they have good games, and certainly not battering them when they get too low. But they do also need to learn how to be professionals. And the reality is that the professional world of soccer is really, really tough to make a career, and it's really difficult to progress as a young player, because for every person that you are chasing in the first team, there is somebody chasing you as well.
Speaker 4: And I think for these young players, you know, if.
Speaker 5: They get so concerned with their past performance, it can really be damaging for them. And instead, I think they need to live that moment, work as hard as they possibly can, every day, be themselves, really express themselves in a way that is uniquely them. And then we give them guidance both in a soccer sense and in a lifestyle and a personal sense. And I think in our club we've got some really good people. They're very hard working, the young men who really commit themselves. But then again we have to also make sure that that pathway for them is not too smooth. We don't want it to be, you know, this constant upgrading of themselves. It's got to be a struggle at times and create that struggle. And I think you're right there, Jared. Is that the mental side of the game. If you want to be a top performer at the top level these days, I really believe the mental side of the game is probably paramount. And you know, they all have some ability, but can they handle the strains and stresses of a career in professional soccer, and that is something that we always have to continuously remind ourselves of.
Speaker 1: And at the same time, though, you have those individuals who are on the other side of college, the twenty two to twenty three, twenty four year olds like a noble o'kello, like a hobby Armors, who while they are learning that next step as well, they have those added years of experience, whether it's in university or just life, and so their learning is coming at a different speed, learning different things, where you have the sixteen seventeen, eighteen year olds who are also learning. So it's almost like two different paths that you and jose Silva Lewis Sharp have to negotiate as coaches in the day to day just with the individuals that you have on the roster.
Speaker 5: I think that's a good point in that in our group, the players come from so many different spots, right, and you know, it's easy to look at the young academy players and say, well, they're all on an upwards trajectory, they're all going to make it, and that is one element.
Speaker 4: But then you're right, is that we have these young men who.
Speaker 5: Are coming from college situations, their experience in life is greater. They've lived away from home, they've done their own laundry, they've got the groceries, They've just like you said, done a bit more traveling and lived on the planet a little bit longer. So they have that life experience and I think that really does stand them in good stead. However, from a soccer standpoint, some of those players you mentioned how the armis this was his first year as a pro at the age of twenty four, going to be twenty five relatively soon, you know. And at the same time, we've got Matt Edwards who's coming back in from college and he's, you know, a little bit younger, but he's also in his first days as a professional player. And how quickly they adapt and how quickly they at times, I think, can face the challenge of not necessarily being the best player in the team anymore and maybe not feeling like they're is accomplished. And why am I playing with these young kids all the time? I think they're they're their own personal challenges. And then you know, this year we had John Berner, who probably at thirty something, who's been a great mentor and leader and had a.
Speaker 4: Really good career.
Speaker 5: It's probably coming towards the end of that phase of his life, and so he's now looking at something else as well. And I think that, you know, Kareem Tommi might stand out in that regard as well. And so I think we've got this group of players that are all coming from different points of view, And you're right, is that my responsibility.
Speaker 4: Jose lewis sharp, is to.
Speaker 5: Connect with every player, develop those relationships so that we can do what is best for the player and in turn therefore doing what's best for Atlanta United, given where the players are at that stage of their careers. And and it's it's really enthralling. It's invigorating every day to wake up and not quite know what's coming. There are times, like I said to you, when it gets a little.
Speaker 4: Frustrated.
Speaker 5: But that's not to say that's not a beautiful thing, because because helping these young men with their lives and their soccer careers is really what we're all here for.
Speaker 6: The coach he talked about John for a second. I know we talked about it. We talked to him early in the season and talked about him before he got banged up. How tough is that to find those kind of veterans who you can bring in and comfortably tell them I want to give you minutes, but you might get passed by, and I need you to be a mentor and have that right mentality because we've had that here at the club before with Jack Metcalf when he was still playing. Tyler Ruthven who's with the club now, was in that role in one of the early years. How is it finding those guys who have the right mentality that they can kind of surrender minutes as the season goes along, but translate into that mentor role where they can still be a help for the kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the answer is it's really hard because because they have to be very good performers and they have to also have the mentality that that means their perform moment at times has to take a back seat to some of the younger, more developmental players. And I think as they're all competitors, otherwise they wouldn't be at the level they're competing at. But the reality is, I can only imagine that for many players that is one of the hardest transitions they're going to have to make in their time where their career takes a little bit of a back seat to some of the other players lives and careers, and we've been really fortunate with some leaders in the group this year who were slightly older, slightly more mature, but they came to training every single day and help. And that switch in a player's mentality should sound easy, but you know, when you want to play and you have your own family to feed as well in your own career to look at, there are going to be difficult days with that, and I think that to find them is one thing. To have them then stay on track and understand what the club's vision is and what the club's philosophy is with that is at times a challenge, and we've been really fortunate with the kids here. And I probably pride myself on being pretty honest with the players, and at times that.
Speaker 4: Might be maybe a bit too blunt.
Speaker 5: Probably my greatest strength is my greatest weakness, and that directness and that honesty sometimes might sting in the initial stages. But I've always been honest with the players about their role and where they stand and what the future holds for them. And I always remind the group of the purpose of the team. So you mentioned someone like John Bernard. He's been nothing short of the consumer professional and I know that whatever he does in his life now or in twenty thirty years time, he's going to be a great success.
Speaker 1: And Landy nighted two head coach Steve Cook dropping by here on the Morning Show to break down what happened this past season, an MLS next pro that Landy united too, and the philosophy up there at the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta training grand You mentioned about being blunt and honest when it comes to player assessment. When it comes to delivering that message, I would imagine that it has to be delivered differently to each individual player, because I don't think you can sit there and just make a blanket approach, to sit there and say, well, player X, you need to work on this, this, this, this and this and have that work for the next guy down the line.
Speaker 2: How much of a.
Speaker 1: Challenge is that for you to be honest but cater the message to each individual player, knowing that they're coming at it from a different perspective each time.
Speaker 5: I think the basis of that comes from developing those relationships with people, not the player, but the person, understanding what they're about off the field, understanding what they want from their careers and where they're trying to get to and what they want to achieve, and not only a short term, but in the long term. We've got a couple of guys who got married this season, for example, so their lives during the season took on a different turn, right, and so we have to speak to them as fully grown men who are now responsible for an entire family and group of people, you know, and that is very different than the sixteen year old who's trying to come through.
Speaker 4: We probably a little bit.
Speaker 5: More, We probably push the young ones a little bit more because I think it's their first taste.
Speaker 4: But it really is like you said.
Speaker 5: That, they it's so individual and so based on their personalities and obviously ourselves.
Speaker 4: And again I am honest with them.
Speaker 5: I tell them where I think they are relatively often so that that by the end of the season it's not the first time they've heard it, or it's not a shock to the system or anything like that. But I think in our role, our only role really is to help these people with their careers and their lives. And I think one of the big things that when I say that honesty and being different for every person is really because we love them, we care for them, We want them as people to be successful, and that might mean in a different place than Atlanta United, because that's what's best for them or what's best for Atlanta United.
Speaker 4: And those decisions not made in isolation.
Speaker 5: They're not made, you know, based on only performance in the last month of the season, for example, or whether we made the playoffs. They're based on what the needs are for the first team, what do we have coming through the academy behind this group of players, and then more importantly, what the philosophy is and the succession planning is for the first team. And as you know, there's going to be some change with the first team and a new GM rolling in here, there might be a different philosophy. And I think our role is to constantly put the players at the forefront of our mentality so that whatever the philosophy is going to be from the club, we can help the players with their lives, their careers in Atlanta United and then further than that outside of Atlanta United when they finished playing for US.
Speaker 6: You talk about the changes potentially in philosophy. I wanted to ask you because I know every coach has their game model to head their philosophy, How tricky is it for you sometimes when I know we've talked about this, pop out this after games where guys might be training with the first team, they might be away at tournaments or with youth national team setups. How tricky is it for you to week to week get things set up, knowing you might have inconsistent training or might have different groups of guys getting the team set up with the right people on the right skill sets to succeed week in and week out.
Speaker 5: I think if you ask all throughout the world, people who coach reserve teams that are sitting right underneath the first team and the last stage of the developmental program going into the first team, I think they're all going to give you similar frustrations that you know, at times we don't get to train the group. At times we get players dropping in from the first team. At times we get told this player needs to play this many minutes from the academy.
Speaker 4: And I think.
Speaker 5: This is the beautiful part of what we do for a living, is this is the best part of it, putting that jigsaw piece together and making that puzzle fit together and work.
Speaker 4: And I think it's very simple for.
Speaker 5: Me, is that that is the role of the head coach of this group, and it is the role of the coaching staff of this group and everybody involved.
Speaker 4: If that's not what you enjoy, if that's not what you like.
Speaker 5: To do with your career, because maybe you're living vicariously through the players, or you see this group as a vehicle to raise your own profile and suddenly become the head coach of Real Madrid, well, I don't think this is the role for you. I think this is a role for someone who wants to help young people, wants to help coaches as well. From my standpoint, I've been around the game of a long time now, and part of my joy is to really help young people with their coaching careers or support staff careers or playing careers, and I think it's critical that I always keep that perspective, and therefore all of the staff members can keep it in their proper perspective.
Speaker 4: If we're looking just to win.
Speaker 5: Games, we're gonna at times find it really really frustrating. But again, if you look across the country at reserve team coaches, we all share the same.
Speaker 4: At times frustrations. I've worked.
Speaker 5: This is my sixth professional club I've worked in and all of them have slightly different tweaks on a methodology or a style of play, and our role is to fit in with what comes along. And if the next GM or head coach comes in and says, this is what we need you to do now, then we nod our heads and we get on with it, and we make the very very best scenario of that. And I've been fortunate to work with some really really top level people in my time. I've worked with great players, great coaches, and really good people across the board.
Speaker 4: Everyone has good ideas.
Speaker 5: Nobody owns the best way of soccer, nobody owns the best way of developing players or playing, and I think our role is to really embrace it and help the players understand that if they're going to progress with their careers, they're going to encounter many, many people with many opinions and many different ways of doing things, and their job is to adjust and be the best version of themselves within that framework that the coaching staff and the club give them.
Speaker 1: Last question for you, Steven, thanks for and it's always great to have you here so we can pick your brain. Comes from one of our viewers this morning. Question is how difficult is it for you to change a player's position? Sit there and you look at somebody like an Ephran Morales, who was thought of, Okay, I don't think you're better up top. We think you're better as a center back. How difficult is it to change a player's position, to have them sit there and say, okay, we think you would be better full time here as opposed to where you've been in the past.
Speaker 4: That's a great question.
Speaker 5: It's not easy, you know. I'm not going to sit here and say, wow, it's so easy. We think is a right back, so we're going to stick him over there and it's smooth. I think all of the players that are with us are with us because we see something in them as players, regardless of position. Right, you know, you've got to be able to do certain things well to even become a good academy player, never mind a professional player. So you've got to be able to receive and pass the ball. You've got to be able to defend one v one a little bit. You've got to be able to understand the game to some degree to just get to this point. However, one of our key roles is to see players look at their best attributes look at their strengths and at times super strengths, and then put them in a position that they are able to succeed in. Put them in a position that they're able to use their strength as often as they possibly can and really excel in the game, because that is our role to help them with their lives. At times that means moving positions, and at times that means uncomfortable conversations about, hey, we're going to put you at center back today.
Speaker 4: Give it a go, and you see the fear.
Speaker 5: And the glazed look over their eyes because it's almost like a different game entirely, and then not being too harsh with them during that learning process and that adapting process, making sure that they're supported and when they make mistakes, keep playing them and keep pushing them on. And then ultimately it's up to the player. You know, if the player plays well, regardless of position.
Speaker 4: They will find a home.
Speaker 5: You know, again, if we play four at the back or three at the back, five at the back, you know, can you fit into a system because you're a good player, And that is our huge responsibility. And in answer to the question, it's not an easy task to move positions for a player, certainly it isn't easy for the player.
Speaker 4: For me, it is about more looking at.
Speaker 5: The player, seeing their best attributes and helping that player use them as often as they possibly can, not only to help themselves but to help the team as well.
Speaker 1: Steve, as always, you know you've got an open door policy here on the Morning show and with everything that we do here at SDH. You want to get something off your chest, you want you want to sit there and say, well, I've got something I need to talk about.
Speaker 2: You know, you've got an open door, my friend. It's great to see you.
Speaker 5: I do appreciate and thanks for everything you do for us as well. It really is very much appreciated by everybody.
Speaker 2: All right, go get your coffee. We'll catch up soon, my friend.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right. Steve Cook, head coach of it Landey knighted too.
Speaker 1: And it's always fun to catch up with Steve because of his knowledge base and his understanding of what it is with that Landy United and Landy United too and ML's next pro and all these kinds of things. But no, it's always great to catch up with Steve and find out what's going on. And I wanted to get that recap and it kind of turned out some somewhat karmick because of today being your pick a Dance Partner in MLS Next Pro for the playoffs two o'clock, three o'clock MLS Next Pro on their social media's and I think it's on their YouTube. I think Max Bretos is hosting both of those hours. So we'll see, we'll see how Pick a Dance Partner goes when it comes to MLS Next Pro and with what's on the docket for them, and obviously we'll have SDH on MLS Next Pro when those matchups come out, we'll talk about it. We'll get that stuff all laid out for you, so to let everybody know what it's like right now in MLS Next Pro. In the East, Cincinnati's your number one overall seed. Philadelphia is the two Messy and Friends to the Baby Heron's are the three Fire too, are the four Orlando City b or the five ny CFC two.
Speaker 2: In the three way dance.
Speaker 1: Of twenty eight matches played forty five points, eleven wins going to goal difference. Four teams had forty five points. Three of them had eleven wins. Chattanooga only having nine was the reason they didn't make the postseason to start, so they were out on the first tiebreaker number of wins. NYCFC two, Crew two Crown Legacy each had eleven wins.
Speaker 2: Then you get to goal difference.
Speaker 1: Ny CFC two is a plus twelve, Crew two was a plus six, Crown Legacy a plus five, and it was also in receding order the number of goals scored, so that was how you ended up the six, the seven, and the eight all forty five points. So right now Cincinnati gets to pick Orland n y CFC two, Columbus, Crew two, Crown Legacy, good luck, good luck.
Speaker 2: But that's at two o'clock this afternoon.
Speaker 1: We get to see what to pick a dance partner is like in the MLS next Pro playoffs. I don't know if I want to touch Crown Legacy. We've we've seen Crown Legacy this season. We know what they're all about. Crew two. It's like staring at a mirror. Do you want to play Columbus? I'm not so sure. N y CFC two, I don't know. Maybe I want to play Orlando. Orlando can be had. We've heard Orlando City B. We've had those matches here on the Network this year as well. But I think that OCB might be the might be the choice for Cincinnati in round in round one, then Union two would get the next selection. My guess is they would probably end up picking n Y CFC two, and then you have the Baby Herons picking something like Crew two or Crown Legacy. Good luck, good luck in the Eastern Conference. That's all I gotta say. That's going to be a pay in the butt two o'clock must see separate viewing experience if you can set it up and watch it that way. But to wrap up the rest of the Eastern Conference, Carolina Corp. Had a great run after a horrendous start. We probably should catch up with Roy Laster and find out what's up with Core and get an end of the season. Look at their season one forty three points for them. Red Bulls two finished with forty. It was a Toronto FC two at thirty seven. Then you had Atlanta United too at thirty two, Huntsville City Football Club at twenty nine, and New England at twenty two. We probably should catch up with our friends in Huntsville City as well. Western Conference, it's North Texas and everybody else North Texas and the number that they put up on decision Day.
Speaker 2: We'll get into that in a second.
Speaker 1: North Texas number one seed division title home field all the way through up North Texas six points clear of Saint Louis City two.
Speaker 2: Sorry. St.
Speaker 1: Louis City SC two, the town won the other division at fifty one points. Then you have Tacoma Defiance at forty six, LAFC two at forty five, Intura County at forty three, white Caps two at forty and a Dynamodos Houston at thirty nine. Raal Monarchs had one less win at thirty nine points, and that was why they're out of the playoff picture. Sporting Kansas City two at thirty eight, Timbers two at thirty eight, two less wins, Austin FC two, and we still haven't talked about Josh Wolf yet, Austin FC two at thirty six points, Loans two at thirty two, and Colorado Rapids two at twenty three. So I'm guessing this one might be something close to chalk. I would say, if I'm North Texas, I'm probably picking Houston. If I'm Saint Louis, I'm probably picking Vancouver.
Speaker 2: The town might be pay.
Speaker 1: I mean, this probably would go Chalk the town probably picking Ventura County, and then Tacoma stuck with LAFC two. So I would think that at three o'clock when they make these selections in the Western Conference, it's probably Chalk. The Eastern Conference is the one that's going to be really interesting at two o'clock this afternoon, Like I said, we'll talk about that tomorrow. So great to catch up with Steve Cook and like, and I told Steve it's like, look, yeah, as you heard, he's got an open door policy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Really looking forward to seeing how that continues to grow and evolve. And if Steve, like I said, Steve's got an open door, he wants to come in and talk about things. He didn't come in and talk about anything you want. So, uh, that's what It's great to catch up with him and find out about Atlanta nighted two and d Graham, thanks for the question you got you got Steve on that one. That was a good uh okay, So MLS. Actually I've what North Texas beat Loons two by the way eight to at Chalk Taw That was what I was wanting to get at on decision today. Saint Louis City SE two beat Tacomba five mil Sporting Kansas City two in LAFC two was four to three. North Texas put eight on the board against Loons two at chalk Taw and the town beat Austin for to three. So you had your your batch of crazy the last day of the regular season. But yeah, just to look at what happened with North Texas and it was eight one at one point, I mean, that's just nuts, absolutely crazy. The stats in that one, by the way, eight goals on eighteen shots, eleven shots on goal, a lot of passes, six hundred total passes in the day. But yeah, so eight goals on the board for North Texas last day of the regular season. MLS announced yesterday or it was late Sunday night that Josh Wolf was out at Austin. You kind of had the feeling front when Rodolfo Borel was named the new sporting director when that happened earlier in the season that he was probably on you know, it was definitely on the Missouri plan. You got to show me you didn't make the playoffs and so then you're out. But the one question I always have in these situations, and I think it was a universe. It's a universal question, is that why do it with one game to go in the regular season? And like I said that, I might be naive, but I would like to ask in general, why it is.
Speaker 2: That you do something with a game to go.
Speaker 1: I'm just asking if this is your if this was your plan, when did you come up with your plan. When did you finally decide, if you were Rodolfo but Al that you were going to dismiss Josh Wolf? And does one game really make a difference? Do something out there where it would be like, okay, I would say, if you want to present it this way, I think I could maybe digest it a little differently. Announce that Josh Wolf's cod tract is not going to be renewed at the end of the season, if he's at the end of a deal, or that you're going to part ways with Josh at the end of the season. You do it with a game to go. He gets his Swan song, he gets his last day. Then decision day is what decision day is.
Speaker 2: He gets his.
Speaker 1: Goodbye, you get it on tape, you go, and instead you decide on a Sunday night in a news dump situation that you're going to not that Josh Wolf and Austin are parting ways. He said, I'm just trying to figure out and I may not know anything from Adam's house Cat, but I'm just still trying to figure out the timing of it and the implementation of it. If you knew at X point that was a little further back in the schedule that you weren't going to renew his contract or that you were gonna part ways with them, go ahead and part ways. If it was like six matches to go, eight matches to go, whatever, if you if you drew impatient with it, you're done, then do it back then. But with a match to go in the regular season after the loss to l a FC, and what we talked about with the the Ricky Pooge incident, I mean was that was if that was the straw, then fine, but with a match to go, it's just odd. Yeah, and D and and D Graham, I'm.
Speaker 2: With you, yeah that I think that. But Ale put that.
Speaker 1: In place, and then you're like, yeah, yeah, okay, so if you didn't get the playoffs, you get to that point, and I'm with you, I think that. When but Ail came in, his idea was Okay, we're making the playoffs.
Speaker 2: This is your year.
Speaker 1: You got to show me, and if it's not happening, it's not happening. So but to my to my point, if you're not making the playoffs, what difference does one match make? If you're not making in the playoffs, you're coming up on the last game of the regular season. I mean, it's it's just odd. I mean, let him coach it out. It's one game. You're still not making the playoffs either way. Let him have his swan song. Okay, I mean, and like I said, I don't know, there's a there's a T shirt and I think I'm getting it delivered to the house and.
Speaker 2: It says, uh, there's nothing wrong with being nice.
Speaker 1: You're in a situation that was untenable at that point, and I don't know, maybe I'm becoming an old softy. But if you're not making the playoffs, and you know what your decision is going to be, does this last game of the schedule, when nothing's gonna change short of points, if you either draw or win, is it gonna make that much of a difference If he hangs on for that one more match, and now I've got a double check and see because Curiosity and the Adam and Adams.
Speaker 2: House cat once again. So uh, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So where on decision day is the last match for Austin. It's at home, okay, so see see now, all right, Austin's got one match left. I know you're not making the playoffs. You make the decision to part ways. Why not let Josh Wolf have his last home match and get to do his lap and his wave with the players. Like I said, I mean, I get, but Ale's ultimatum and we know what we know what Traditionally in whatever sport, that you end up with an individual who's coming in, who's the new whatever, the ultimatum is there. You're more comfortable bringing in your guys, and you know, having your philosophy implemented by your guys. Josh Wolf was not Rudolpho, but Ale's guy.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 1: But now, Josh Wolf, knowing you wasn't making the playoffs, you dismiss him with one match to go. Nothing's gonna change. Let him have the last match, Let him have his lap at Q two. Because the last home match is Colorado Rapids at Austin nine o'clock next Sunday. Not this Sunday, but next nine o'clock start Eastern Time, and now Josh Wolf has been shown the door before. In the bye week leading up to the last match of the regular season, he's got to clean out his office. And the last match of the regular season for Austin is a home game. So, like I said, I might be an old softy, but I let him, let him finish, let him finish. Nicks firing with one match left as the first and only coach you've ever had is the height of petty. I feels, like I said, it just it rubs me the wrong way that you do something like that. I know that it's cutthroat. I know that you have an expected if you're RODOLPHO. Berdel, I know that the buck stops here and it stops with me, and I have an expectation level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, duh, I get it. But the notion that.
Speaker 1: You want to do that with a match to go, yeah, that's just frustrating. He doesn't, he doesn't. He doesn't get his he doesn't get his way, he doesn't get his lap. I mean, honestly, that's what I would have done when I when I was looking at the schedule, finding that the last match of the season where nothing changes except maybe positioning in the draft where you don't let him have his last match at home to say goodbye? Are you that mad?
Speaker 2: He said? Just asking?
Speaker 1: He said, I'm like I said, I might be turning into an old softy and who knows, but we'll see. But you know, like I said, I'm just asking, uh, all right, something to keep an eye on this morning.
Speaker 2: Then maybe it'll happen after we're off the air.
Speaker 1: Chicago Fire on their two and eighty character app quote, You're gonna want to turn on your notifications this morning. The path to tomorrow starts today, So I'm guessing that that means that Frank Klopus is no longer going to be the uh head coach for Chicago Fire. And my guess is is that Joe Mannsweto is bringing in somebody that we all know to be the new head coach of the Chicago Fire. So set your notifications for the Chicago Fire this morning and we'll see what's going on there. Also USL League one news that came out top of the hour. USL League one is adding a franchise in Corpus Christi, Texas. They're going to compete in the twenty eight million dollar Corpus Christie Sports Complex currently under construction. We talked about Corpus Christi in the past, and now this means that we've really got to get them to do a one v one or have them on the show. Five thousand seat modular multi sports stadium. Kingslea Conquo is the leader of Corpus Christi Professional Soccer, becoming the city's only independent professional sports organization, first pro soccer team in the Coastal Bend region. And so there's a quote from Oconquo Investment Group led by Next Sports and Oconquo developing the forty six acre Corpus Christie Sports Complex, which began construction in December of twenty three, expected to be completed in twenty five, received a grant under a five year incentive agreement with the city of Corpus Christi. In addition to the stadium, the complex will include eight multi use fields, a go kart racing track, and office space.
Speaker 2: And so Corpus Christi gets added to the mix. When do they start play?
Speaker 1: By the way, so it has been awarded the rights to a USL League One franchise, yet no date has been announced to win this franchise would start, but Corpus Christy now is being added to the mix for USL League One, so a good deal with them. We need to catch up with Darren van Tassel at the end of the season two and the irwins, and we need to make the round Sean McDaniel catch up with everybody in USL League one when the regular season's over. Now that we know that the Yeggermeister Cup champs are your Northern Colorado hailstorm.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: MLS announced their end of season awards and let's roll through them. And I mean, here's the discussion that we'll have for a while anyway. Year end awards determined to be a voting from three groups each get a third players, club, technical staff, and select media members representing local and national outlets who consistently covered the twenty twenty four MLS regular season. Full disclosure, SDH was not a part of this discussion. Voting will open October seven, conclude on the twenty first, shortly after decision day, so everything's open for the nominees. Fans will have the opportunity to weigh in on top plays. Goal of the Year, Save of the Year go to MLS Soccer dot Com. Okay, MLS MVP nominees given to the MVP and Major League Soccer during the twenty twenty four regular season. Eligible players must have played at least a thousand minutes during the regular season. There's like nineteen thousand names. Then we'll go through them. I'll do it quickly so we're not bogged down. But then we'll discuss Acosta, Oroogo, Our Tour, Beneke Bernardesci Bowonga, Burkie, Christina Spinosa. God bless them for including more than one person for San Jose, Evander, Matt Freeze for NYC Interesting, Ryan Gold, God's Dog, Carlos Heel Kucco, Christian Collina definitely should be named Saba for it Land United, Ernon Lopez and San Jose, Joseph Messi, Mihailovich, Lewis Morgan, Jordan Morris, Rafa Navarro from Colorado, Martin o'heeda, Oriano Osorio, piet Ricky Pooge, Jonathan Rodriguez, Santi Rodriguez, Rus Knock, Luisares, Facundo Tortis, Brian White. Okay, so there's a lot of names on here that makes sense. They do that question. They do Jared's back with us. We went through the whole before. I'm just mentioned we're gonna go through the end of season awards names and I just ran through the MVPs.
Speaker 3: But your thoughts, literally all of them.
Speaker 2: Sure, absolutely, there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: And I went I went through the josh Wolfe dismissal, and how I how I'm turning into an old softie.
Speaker 3: I think, how much time do we for me to go over this? So we have somebody coming in that if we have a hit for.
Speaker 1: No, we're clean, We're the road. Okay, runways clear for the rest of the show.
Speaker 3: Okay, because Austin Twitter found my tweet about this, and I need you to understand something. I got no problem with Joshua being fired. I think it's still kind of shitty that you fired him when you did. Firing during the last week in the window or firing next week like one game left just kind of feels like it was personal, and maybe it was. Maybe there was something going on within the organization that made it personal. Maybe it got ugly. It's just like that's a weird, awkward time. And then the well, they need to get a head start of the coaching search. Then he could have hardly look good. They knew they weren't bringing you back. They probably already got a head start on the coaching, sir. They probably already had people doing the work. It might not be formal interviews yet, but they could have been reaching out about it. It's just the timing of it.
Speaker 2: And the last match of the season's a home game at Q two.
Speaker 3: My thing is how you treat people matters, and like you said, there could have been some issue behind the scenes that complicates this a bit. It just feels kind of gross. Fired in with one game left. Either do it a month ago. And I know somebody mentioned like, well, the thing was if he didn't get the playoffs, he was gonna be gone. Look, I feel like if you're making that decision of you have to make the playoffs or you're gonna go, it's kind of like the situation of you already know what you want to do, you want to move on, then move on. If you're setting these stipulations over and over again, then move on. It's kind of the whole thing. If you can't make up your mind, pull out a coin and flip it heads for one thing, tails for another. If you find yourself hoping for heads versus tails or tails versus heads, then you know how you're leading.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, hey, heads Carolina tails California.
Speaker 2: I get it. That's what we're here for.
Speaker 1: MLS named all of their awards dudes the postseasons, and I and I said at the beginning that we were not a part of the one third grouping of media that were submitting names to all of this.
Speaker 3: No, it means I can be like fast and loose with my complaints about like some of the people who do have votes saying that Chris Armis doesn't deserve any down ballot votes. Get the hell on you and your BAMA. Yes, I get Wilford Nuns. He's gonna win this thing most likely. Yeah, because Jesus Christ, the season they've had, they've been outstanding. Yeah, but put some down ballot respect on Chris Armis's name and what he's done in Colorado.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, you have.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm asking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So, since you're in Coach of the Year, Armis, Charundelo, Courtois, Curtain Cushing, Hackworth, hackworths as as an interim get gets votes over the Cornell Herdman was seen Tata Martino, Master, Enni Nanci Neville, Noonan Olsen, Pereja Ramsey, Eric Ramsey getting votes are nominated Ian Russell, Vanny Sartini, Schmitzer, Schwarz, Dean Smith, and Greg Vanny. So that's your that's your group everybody.
Speaker 2: So pretty much. Yeah, So, like I said, you got the the.
Speaker 1: Thirds that are throwing names into the pile and it ends up being this list of nine thousand people by the time you're done. So but no, I mean, legitimately, for me, if I'm looking at if we're if we're treating this like the Downtown Athletic Club.
Speaker 2: It is Armis, it is.
Speaker 1: Tata obviously, but he's not getting my vote, Nancy. And I mean, I mean from legitimately, that's it because everybody else is like you know, if you look at if you go with Charundelo and Greg Vanny, Okay, great, you did what you were supposed to do with the resources you had.
Speaker 3: Both I'll give I'll give Vanny more credit than that though, because they're gonna win the West, right or damn. They should be in position to win the West.
Speaker 1: They should be in position. So here's the deal. Going into the last day last days of the regular season. Remember, LAFC has the makeup game this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, never mind.
Speaker 1: Well but LA, so LAFC if they win this weekend and it's against Vancouver, so there, I think they're the Sunday game LA and Vancouver. LAFC Vancouver is the makeup game in the Western Conference on Sunday. If Vancouver wins, then they're in the mix. They move up to the seven and out of the play in Minnesota drops down. If LAFC wins, they go to sixty one points eighteen wins with a game to go in the regular season. So all LAFC needs really is a point on decision Day. But LAFC has something to play for here heading into the last two weekends of the regular season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'll give that. I'll give Vanny Moore credit in that, Like we've seen coaches been given like big money pieces and the Galaxy and fall on their faces and he might win the West with it. I'll give him more credit. I think he deserves more credit for that. Van. He was also great in Toronto, and look, Toronto was like a super team, not just on the field when they were great in the late twenty teens, but you also had like leadership that was outstanding up there. Yeah, and he was part of that, and then you know Vespachenko was part of that. But then goes to Columbus. If you're sensing a pattern here, yeah, Armises good, Armists deserves to have Alt post Man. What he's done in Colorado has been outstanding. And again reiterated, I don't think I've ever heard a cross word about Chriss Harmis like comes. He has always come across like a very pleasant guy and one of those guys that people want to succeed. So I'm happy for him on that front. Nanci's gonna get those votes as well. Yeah, uh oh, it's a d Gram's point. The financial decision for Wolf, I agree. I think I think it is a financial decision. With the fan showing up the last home game, I think they should have done it like the last window. Yeah, it's not that I don't think they should have fired Josh Wolf, And I think that's what people took away from it when I said the other night, I'm not saying you shouldn't have fired him. I'm saying, either wait one more game and let him have his walk off, even if he's boot I guess and maybe you're sparing him that, but then firing before. Because even if you, like I said, if you have set the stipulation of do you have to make the playoffs or you're fired, you've already made your decision that you want to move on. Have you made your decision for Christ?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Like you you you you're where you want to be. You have a choice that you have made at that point.
Speaker 1: Yes, you might not.
Speaker 3: Be saying it out loud, but you know how you feel. So just move on from him and spare us all of it. Just fire him in the last window. Nobody thought he was gonna make it to the end of the year anyway. Yeah, and yeah, like if it if it's toxic over there even more if it if it's toxic and it's got ugly, even more reason not to make it last Because what are you gonna be doing then? Are you gonna sit there and say, well, damn, he got us to the playoffs if he had won games? Are you gonna say he got us to the playoffs. We gotta sit here and just kind of grin and Barrett with this coach who, well, we don't want to keep. No, you're still possibly gonna move on. If the relationship is shattered, just fire him before now and then you don't pick a weird ass time to do it?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I d A attention interest decision action? Do I have your attention interest? Are you interested? I know you are because it's blank? Or walk you close or you hit the bricks?
Speaker 2: Decision?
Speaker 7: Have you made your decision for christ and action? A? I D A get out there. You've got prospects coming in. You think they came in here to get out of the rain. A guy don't walk on the lot lest he wants to buy in this case, coach, Yes, they're sitting out there waiting to give you their money.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it? What's the problem? Pal?
Speaker 3: You've watched way too many times, That's what I'm taking away from this, or seem to play way too many times and then just watch the movie internalized.
Speaker 1: This A always BBC Crewton always be Cruton always.
Speaker 3: Well there's well there's that too, and someone should tell Chip Kelly and Dan mullen about that. But I digress. Boy yeah, man, like, yeah, my beef isn't with firing. Well, it's that y'all, picked a weird time to do it, and if you felt if he was already dead in the water, why'd you wait so long? Just do it. The fans wanted you to do it, And I know, I know. It's the thing that fans can't dictate the entire club because then it gets tricky and the same since you can't let players dictate everything the club does, because then that will get really messy and really problematic. But man, it's just the timing was really weird on it. We'll see who else gets If anybody else gets fired at the end of the season, I don't know anybody. I don't know. I'd have to look at it because we have so many midseason firings this year. It's kind of like turned the idea of black Monday into nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, uh, Jared, our friends at Apathios will be returning to Silverbacks Park for the next NPSL season, announced today on social media as season tickets go on sale.
Speaker 3: In NSL Southeast with a rock fight last year below the playoffs to way too many Carolina teams that wanted to murder each other at all hours of the day.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful, yes, Below the playoff Bar currently Herdman, curtin Atlanta, Nashville, New England, Caleb Porter, and Chicago who's probably going to be naming Greg Burholter as their coach? Below the playoff bar, Josh Wolf, you have an interim in Dallas, You've got Hackworth in Saint Louis?
Speaker 2: Does he stay?
Speaker 1: Do they bring in somebody full time? Peter Vermes, I think is the larger question in Kansas City? And then what do you do in San Jose? So I think that that's what you're staring at, at least below the playoff bar.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Well, Vermes controls his own faith. That's kind of the problem.
Speaker 3: Yes, every time a manager gets fired, the most fun thing is to do is to go on Reddit or to go on the comments of any other social media and find the Kansas City fans that are just in the deepest depth of hell being like, how come everyone else?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm?
Speaker 3: Is uh is able to do this? Oh? Altorios dropping news?
Speaker 1: Yes, according to Tunorio, shock of shocks, it's going to be three gb who will be hired.
Speaker 2: Oh he's going to get the dual title.
Speaker 3: Yes, that that's I'm convinced that's why he was That's that's I'm convinced that's that's why he was that guy for them, because he's going to get the dual title. I don't know where else he would get the dual title.
Speaker 2: Three G It's going to be three GB hired as director of football and head coach, according to sources briefed on the decision. Official announcement expected on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Of course, if you had just seen the two hundred and eighty character app in Chicago Fire's account to tell him telling you to set your notifications, I'm guessing this is the reason why.
Speaker 3: So Jason Nick's no. Three Gston to Chicago. That's just that's that was his answered to out like a week or two ago, three G two Chicago as the coach and technical director, taking the Pert Peter Burmes role.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, So Joe Joe Man is gonna give give him the keys.
Speaker 3: Because the Jason also says your thoughts on Wolf to Atlanta Airpan all the mentioned yesterday when they were talking about his firing. I don't think about it, and it's not a shot at Wolf. It's that I think Atlanta is going to aim at a bigger name because I think there's so much pressure too to nail every aspect of this off season. I don't like, you know, it's kind of like the the the shine has certainly buffed out of Josh Wolf at this point in his coaching setup. So yeah, well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we will see what the story is there. Uh As we're let's see and I got a bookmark this, all right, So Steph Yang's article at the Athletic, I got a bookmark this.
Speaker 2: We got to talk about this before we go.
Speaker 1: Since we're in the MLS discussion right now, I'm gonna put I'm gonna let you know what the story is. We'll bookmark it and talk about it on the other side. According to staph Yang at the Athletic, the Angel City salary cap violation was revealed by a former player. According to NWSL commissioner Jessica Berman, so we'll get into that later on.
Speaker 2: But it exists. It's over there, Okay.
Speaker 1: So MVP voting in Major League Soccer, ninety seven players were named, and you can sit there and look at him and this is probably going to be fairly wide open, and you look at it and you sit there and it's like, okay, Messi and Suarez are named on it. For Messi and friends, and I would put Suarez ahead of Messi in that race on that club, considering that Lionel Messi was out of half of the matches. I understand why it was named. I understand why it was nominated, but I would have others as a part of the discussion, and we'll probably bring this up with Nino as well.
Speaker 3: On I can understand why he was named. I can understand why he was part of the list. I can still like say, I disagree with absolutely. I don't don't. I don't really care, nor do I want like Messi to be on that Messi is a very he kind of that's with the bell of like important players because you know, because of his production. But at the same time, they put up numbers without him. It's not like Miami collapsed like a like you know, like a su FLA without him. Correct, they were fine, Wally, Miami was the team I'm miss hardest one in preseason. I went back. I had to go back and find a tweet about something where it's like the treatment with the ever the ever loving joke on never wrong. Just early dude, I was I was like Turbo wrong about MEPhI and Miami because I was like, there, I don't know if I didn't think they were gonna win the field. I was like, I don't think they can just know they're gonna they're gonna have to rest guys. Then they just went and outfitted the rest of that roster so beautifully and just won their games even without Messing didn't matter. I thought they were gonna arrest too many key guys during the season and they finished like third in the East. But no, man, they killed it. But like you have cucco mm hm, Frank frankly uhand out in Portland their Vander like Vander was just setting people up in like King style.
Speaker 1: Well and if you and how do you And then it goes to your definition of what do you refer to as a most valuable player? Is how this club would function without that player as a part of that roster.
Speaker 2: And then in Portland, you know.
Speaker 3: Yes, And also like me just being grumpy about and turning kind of a side eye to like MLS digital media like them propping up MESSI even more like, I don't know how you can have anyone, but miss I'm like I do. I got multiple bodies I can throw in there who actually played more than half the games. Yes, Messi is electric. He is incredibly fun and incredibly good. He had the best player we've ever seen, most of us. Yeah, but as far as guys this year, like have a bunch of guys who played more games, who made huge impacts. And yeah, you want to stretch Messi's numbers out thirty games, that's fine. If he played thirty games, you'd have done this. Yes, And if frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their ass when they.
Speaker 2: Jumped morning hand.
Speaker 3: He didn't. He didn't play, didn't play thirty games. You play you know, five games?
Speaker 2: I think it was what seventeen he had fifteen goals and said what teams or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he was, he was amazing. But there's the guys here.
Speaker 2: Yes, there are other guys. There's a lot. There are a lot of us. Yeah, that's where I yes understood. Uh.
Speaker 1: Newcomer of the Year defined as a player with previous professional experience who made his MLS debut in twenty twenty four. Eligible must have played at least five hundred minutes during the twenty twenty four regular season. Gabriel Peck and both both he and Paintsil the other two killer pees are are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's funny, Graham. Any team with two nominees eliminates both. For me, the Galaxy might be the extension to that rule when it comes to newcomer because paintfil and Peck they might eliminate each other by stealing votes. True, but man, those two like you brought both of those guys in like spending ten million, like we're just gonna there are some money and see what we can do. And you brought them in and both of them contributed to burning everyone's house down. It was beautiful. That offense is terrifying.
Speaker 1: Yes, uh so your nominees Abata from Charlotte, uh gjerme Biro from Austin, who.
Speaker 3: I thought has got similar problems that yeah, he had in Glasgow, which is staying health on the field. He's healthy.
Speaker 1: He showed you that, Yes, uh Biro, who probably eliminated himself from competition after what he did to Ricky Pooge uh Buca and Cincinnati Omar compos and l A FC, Matt Crook's at RSL Kuiper's with the fire, Dela Vega with Seattle, did de la Vega actually.
Speaker 3: La Vega camp sting on the field, and I don't want to hear everybody's losing the ship about the tackle on Pooge. If he comes in like that to Jay Fortune, no one says shit. But because it's Ricky Pooge, because it's a guy we know who was on the receiving end of that, it's gonna become this pearl clutching. We can't have tackles like that. Oh God, he comes in on just like a dude who's a death piece. We're not gonna get the pearl clutching that comes with it. Is it the worst tackle in history? God?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Was it reckless?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: We don't have to like we don't have to do this thing like where we put him in a glass box, because we put him in a box and like put him on trial, tie some stones to him and throw him in the river to see if he sinks or floats, just because he did a dumb challenge on a guy whose name you recognize on the back of the shirt.
Speaker 2: Let's see who else.
Speaker 3: I don't drink coffee. Actually, don't I just spise coffee?
Speaker 2: I I.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't do coffee, man.
Speaker 2: No, I'm right there with you.
Speaker 1: Forstburg Gregorson was put on the list, Marcel Hartel from All Caps, Catranis Hugo Larisse, Kevin Long and Matty long Staff from Toronto, Aeronon Lopez from San Jose, Peter Mussa from FCD, Augustine Oheeda from n y CFC or Giano Paintsil Peck Pellegrino from San Jose, Matti Peltala from DC United, Ezekiel Ponse from Houston, Jonathan Rodriguez from Portland, Matias Rojas from Messian Friends. Bart Sleash is on the list. Suarez is listed as new in Newcomer of the Year, Cedric Tukert from All Caps, Bjorn inga Utvik from White Caps, Hannas wolfrom NYC, and Kelvin Yeboa from Minnesota United.
Speaker 3: So I'm still on either the pain Solar Peck wagon personally, that's just me. Figure it out yourselves, let the throw down the broken pool Q and let them fight it out.
Speaker 1: Yes, play a little, play a little sleeper, get it figured out. Young Player of the Year nominees must have played at least five hundred minutes during the twenty four regular season and be born on or after January first of two thousand and two, So basically, you can be twenty two and a half or younger byreck Terrevich, Chris Brady, Compost, Jake Davis from Sporting Edelman, Jay Fortune, Diego Gomez, Nick Soon Gomes from Toronto, FC Tevon Gray, Brian Gudierrez, Aliju Ibrahim from Houston, mitcha Elenitch from NYC, Kevin Kelsey from FC Cincinnati, Ted Kudi Pietro from DC United, Luna from RSL McGlenn Peyton Miller from REVS, Juan Musqueta, Christian Olivetta, Federico Rodondo, Jason Russell Rowe, Nathan Saliba from Montreal, Quinn Sullivan Child please sorry, I'm thinking Cavin Cosey, Thompson, Nico.
Speaker 3: Quin Solovon was fine, you're thinking of You're thinking of the fourteen year old.
Speaker 1: I was Dotty Valenzuela from Cincinnati, Kerwin Vargas, Obed Vargas, no relation, Pedro vite Owen Wolf and Darren Yappi. Those are your new comers, all right. Sorry, young player of the Year. So Young Player of the Year is that group? Give me Jay Fortune.
Speaker 3: Even it's it's it's it's kind of you, but Dia is gonna Diegoloda is standing over there staring at you with a picture of Diego Luna being angry and distrusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: McGlenn National team for.
Speaker 1: Christian Olivera, uh, probably in that group as well. So yeah, so Christian Olivera probably Defender of the Year once again. North of five hundred minutes to be elijule A Cappo, Jordi Alba, Thomas Aviles, Lucas Bartlett, Rudy Camacho, Mikyle Dos, Santos, Noah Ala. I don't think he's gonna get nominated now or get wins now, Justin Glad Damargomos Andrage Gomes, Gray, Aaron Herrera, Brendan Hines, Ike, Robin Johnson, No Brooks, Lennon, Aaron Long, Kevin Long, no relation, Adelson, Milanda who really did improve this season under Dean Smith, Jiago Martinez, Andreas Maksu in Colorado, Morera Palencia, Jackson, Reagan, Miles Rodriguez in San Jose, Rosenberry, Thorholsen in Orlando City, Totland with all Caps Vesselnovitch, Waterman, Miky Yamane, Jedlin Yeshida, and Zuper Rich. So that's Uh, that is that grouping. I would think, uh that, you know, if it's me, I'm looking at Jamay and Yoshida. Jared just went from one cell to the next. Uh the og Jared says, a reckless tackle on a star player from LA any reckless tackle on a star player from a team like Atlanta then pro starts targeting said player for diving.
Speaker 2: That is also true, he's a diver.
Speaker 3: He's a diving happens as far as the defender side of it, Like I thought that award could arrested in Charlotte in the first half of the year, and their defense kind of collapsed a bit in the back half that they built. They built. Charlotte did exactly what I tell people to do and what I ask for out of teams, which is build yourself a nice cushion. Show that when you beat yourself on stage, you don't fall out of the playoffs. Charlotte built themselves a nice cushion. Win a month without a win, and they were still in a playoff spot. You know why, because they built themselves a cushion by winning their early games.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: Just do that, yes, Keeper of the Year five hundred minutes minimum. Bono Brady Burkey, Calendar, Celentano, Steve Clark, Coronel Crey Poe, Daniel, Matt Freeze, Stephen Fry, Galsse, Brad Ivacic, Sean Johnson, Colleena, Laurie McMath, McCarthy, Shelty Sirawa, Dane Saint Clair's ex Stefan Steuver, and Yohey taka Oka in Vancouver, Brad Beby Brad Betterby invited to the Downtown Athletic Club for this one. That's all I can say.
Speaker 3: I hope Brad gets down ballot on it. I don't think you'll win. Brad deserves down ballot at the Bayramimal. Yeah, save one of the best seasons of his career in one in the twilight of his career. I'm very happy for Brad. For me, it's yeah, I think he's outstanding. Yeah, save Charlotte's ass. And you know, we need to ask Jess about this particular category and find out what she says.
Speaker 2: But no, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I think it's Kaleina or somebody like Matt Freese who finally got the chance to start in Major League soccer instead of being a number two in Philly and ended up getting a lot of solid results in NYC, So that that's where I'm staring. Kaleina Brad Freeze probably shilty because of crew, you know, something like that, and maybe Drake Callendar considering that defense that's in front of him. You know, I could I could definitely see something like that for for Keeper of the Year, uh, Comeback Player of the Year, Dobbydayalla, Brandon by lay On Flock, Ian Fray, Chi Lorea who just fell down again, Robin Leood, Maxi Morales, Lewis Morgan, surgeon Goma Eddie Segura might be Maxi Morales overcome a severe injury and or adversity missing a significant portion of the twenty three season. So Maxi Morales, Lewis Morgan probably Audi Goals Drive Progress Impact Award nominees honors an MAST player who showed outstanding dedication to charitable efforts and serving the community during the twenty four season. I mean, honestly, when you have an award like this, Jay Fortune is the Atlanta United nominee, by the way, legitimately, what I would do is I would have each And I know this is kind of like the Walter Payton Award for a Major League soccer but Seriously, every club means to nominate somebody and they all get a significant donation to a charity of their choice. And then maybe you come up with someone who is above and beyond, and then they're the number one, and then they end up getting a super ceding donation to a charity of their choice. So, like I said, Jay Fortune's the nominee for Atlanta United, Kellen Acosta, Sebastian Burhalter, Brett Bronico Calendar, Celentano Crooks, Griffin, Dorsey, Andrew Ferrell, Filippe, Jay Fortune, Matt Frees, Hector, Jimenez, j T Marsenkowski, Eric Miller, Jordan Morris, Jaylen, Neil Driver, Darlington n Agby for Columbus, Assorio, Johnny Russell, Illier, Pedro Santos, Sirwas, Stephan Kai, Wagner, Taylor Washington, Josh Arrow, Give them all, give them all a donation to their favorite charity, and then then they can figure it out who your top dog is and then they get a and one over the top of that. Refs of the Year Best performing head referee of the twenty twenty four MLS season Drew Fisher, Guito Gonzales, Lucas Apala.
Speaker 2: I'm reserving comment.
Speaker 1: I'm really reserving comment, and frankly it should be somebody else, probably like an Ismail el Fat There's somebody like that, Drew Fisher, Keeto Gonzalez, Junior Lucas Sopala. How about choice Dan No of the above? AR the Year, Kyle Atkins, Logan Brown, Jeremy Hansen. I do not have an informed enough opinion. Of course, for me, it would be probably like Corey Rockwell and maybe Tory Penso would be Referee of the Year for me. But Corey Rockwell would be my AR and I'd like to go off the board for five hundred in naming my referee of the year.
Speaker 2: So, uh, that's your nominees.
Speaker 1: I think we've got another five days to figure it out and find out who is part of the naming process and all of those awards. By the way, did you know, speaking of awards, did you know that SDH was up for an award?
Speaker 2: Did you know? Did you know? Did you know?
Speaker 1: You have until Sunday dinner time to vote. If you have not, or tell others to do so, go to Football Content Awards Calm backslash voting and you can vote.
Speaker 2: For us as the twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Best Media Organization Broadcaster rights Holder, And you go to voting and there's like nineteen different categories you can just vote. You can vote in all the categories if you want, but the category that matters where as DH is concerned, is Broadcaster rights Holder Best Media Organization. Going up against a crazy amount of folks around the planet, and very very humbled that all of you folks are letting everybody know on social media and all that kind of stuff about to vote and how to vote, and your backing of us as a network is very very humbling across the board Best Media Organization. Just so you know, here's who we're going up against, Amazon, Prime, BBC, Golossal, Network, Design, ESPNFC, ITV, Sky Talk Sport and what used to be BT Sports which is now TNT in the UK and US. That's Best Media Organization Organization finalists in twenty twenty four. Go to Footballcontentawards dot Com backslash voting, vote for us, or find people who can vote for us if you have not been able to find a separate IP address and be like nineteen different people and stuff the ballot box because up until the thirteenth fifty percent of the vote is fan vote, fifty percent is judging by judges with include Peter Drury this year.
Speaker 2: Very cool by.
Speaker 1: The way, So you end up with all of these folks. There are three here in the US. We are one of the three ten on the planet. We're one of the ten. Get at your sling shots and your stones people. So here's what they said about us, and is very humbling.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Based in Atlanta, Georgia, the Soccer Down Here Network offers a unique mix of football content, including my broadcast, talk shows and in depth interview specializing in all levels of the sport, from professional to high school. SDH has expanded its offerings with the launch of SDH two, a new platform for live event distribution. The network's commitment to covering all aspects of football, combined with its growing audience, makes it a standout content provider in the US market. I'll be damn, that's very very humbling to have something like that happened. So Footballcontent Awards dot Com backslash voting. You have until dinner time. Oh no, you can stuff the ballot box og. You just got to do it from different IP addresses.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: You can't do it from the same device, like go to the library and maybe go to different computers or go to like go to like Best Buyer something and log in and do it that way. No, this is Cook County politics here, by the way, speaking of Cook County, anticipating Greg Burhalter to be duly titled d U a l Y later today, So set your notifications chief of soccer and head coach. Now you can stuff the ballot box between now on the thirteenth, So you can do it off your phone, do it off a laptop, do it off of a desktop.
Speaker 2: Just make sure that your IP addresses are different.
Speaker 1: And that's why I think, speaking humbly, that we can stuff the ballot box. And I think the other nine might cancel each other out because they're going to be like, ooh do I vote for here, this one, this one, this one. I think the other nine cancel each other out. But the SDH audience is of singular focus. So stuff the ballot box. Did I say that my out loud voice, Yes, I damn well did. Uh don't know if after the thirteenth there's going to be like a final finalists deal, but we'll find out. And as I've said previously, the boss said. If we're one of the finalist finalists, we're going finals are announced at Tottenham Hotspurs Stadium November twenty first, so basically a week before Thanksgiving here in the States. So stuff the ballot box as best you can. Tell your friends, go into the discord, tell your friends to vote.
Speaker 2: Vote, vote, vote vote.
Speaker 1: And apparently the Jets have fired Robert Sala. Guess we know who runs that club. Don't hug me, it's too early. And apparently the hugging is not gonna happen, so they'll be no hugging of Aaron Rodgers if he doesn't want you to hug him, and Robert Sala is not gonna hug him. Nix, I love you, but how it's gonna be bad enough trying for us to afford it. Nick says, if we make the finals, the entire Twitch Pitch should make the trip across the pond.
Speaker 2: That'd be great.
Speaker 1: But tickets to just get in the door at the awards ceremony at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on the twenty first of November, or two hundred bucks just to walk in the door. Two hundred pounds to walk in the door. Literally, you can be two hundred pounds or three hundred and fifty. I think that's I think it's a rising scale. But nevertheless, to get in price to sit down in the awards bank with his two hundred pounds at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on the twenty first of November. So, like I said, we'll find out. Like I said, I don't know if they do finalists finalists after October thirteenth or not, but we have until Yes see if Uncle Arthur sponsored as that'd be epic, But I don't know if Uncle Arthur listens to the show for the network. Yeah, plus airfare, you know, we probably could points out the hotel and the key going to London is to fly through JFK. Don't go direct, go from here to JFK JFK over it's cheaper. Nick knows this with his cheap airfares dot com. But yeah, apparently the Jets have fired Robert sal so we know where, we know where that's going. Yeah, see, Abby's got friends she can stay with. But still the whole thing about I looked at the price tags. Literally I get sticker shocked for this banquet at totenhahotspurre Staium. I don't even know if it's like on the ground, if it's on the surface, or if it's like in one of the restaurants or something, or if they're trying to control the audience amounts. So yeah, nothing like a bunch of rowdy Americans coming over and charging Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Yeah, Nix Rogers steps in as coach players FU could go wrong?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you have until the thirteenth dinner time, our time, because I think when Big Ben strikes midnight that's when the fan voting stops, so that would mean dinner time, our time, Sunday.
Speaker 2: You have until then to get it all squared away.
Speaker 1: So once again, very very humbled that they have us in the final ten on this or any other planet as a part of the FCAS. And also the sports podcast awards run by the same organization are up and running there as well.
Speaker 2: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: But now very very humbling and stunned when they announced that a couple weeks ago.
Speaker 2: So vote Vote, Vote, Vote Vote.
Speaker 1: Also on the board this morning, I know that I needed to talk about what was going on with the Angel City situation.
Speaker 2: Once again.
Speaker 1: According to Steph Yang, League announced the discovery on Thursday about Angel City remember a conducted investigation found violations of capitals and side letters. Agreements outside the standard contract between Angel City and five players not disclosed to the league. League found Angel City exceeded the salary cap by approximately fifty thousand bucks for four weeks during the twenty twenty four season, got the points deduction. The fine suspended the president and CEO, Julie Yerman, and GM Angela Huclus Mungano for all duties relating to player transactions for the rest of the year. Jessica Berman spoke to The Athletic before the Shield presentation in Orlando, didn't share the specific so what the side letters entailed or in which categories meaning Bonus's childcare or relo Angel City had spent the money on to put him in violation and cap rules. The revelation by one of the team's former players prompted the league to follow up questions about compliance. Berman told The Athletic, we have very clear rules that require all agreements with players to be.
Speaker 2: Disclosed to the league.
Speaker 1: Any agreements that are not disclosed are by definition a violation of our rules.
Speaker 2: End quote.
Speaker 1: NWSL players signed their contracts or standard player agreements directly with the league as part of the single entity structure. Berman said some of what had been in the side letters was simply repeating the contents of the SPA, but some of it was new and so Steph Yang.
Speaker 2: Steph Yang writes in her article. In an early anonymous survey of gms, some gms said they found the leagu's rules complicated or hard to understand. Berman disagreed with the survey results, saying, quote, the rules are very clear. Berman said the.
Speaker 1: League routinely asks teams about their salary cap compliance. Angel City investigation triggered by receiving new information. Going forward, however, the league will conduct more team audits, has communicated in the press release announcing disciplinary action against Angel City. Berman didn't say if any clubs were already being audited, or what the timeline might be for concluding an audit. Terms of consequences, financial, competitive individual and club so Berman said the league reviews its entire operations and competition manual in the off season, will continue with its rules analysis, including financial regulation.
Speaker 2: So that is.
Speaker 1: That is the rundown of what happened involving Angel City.
Speaker 2: So it was a player, a former player.
Speaker 1: That came forward to discuss everything involving the issues involving Angel City. Ryan Mason is in line to leave Spurs for his first management gig. It looks like it's going to be he could be the new manager at Anderlecht, according to Talk Sport, one of the club's leading names to succeed Brian Reemer after Mark van Bommel dropped out of the running. Mason, who had a stint as the interim back in twenty one after the dismission of Jose Mourinho, could be set to land his first managerial role six and a half years after hanging up his boots. Became the youngest manager to take charge of a Premier League game age twenty nine in the twenty one to twenty two campaign, and elect Or fourth and the Belgian Air Divisi parted ways with Rymer last month, so possibly Ryan Mason heading over to Anderlecht to continue going there with his managerial progress. West Ham star Lucas Pocatok had faced a lifetime ban over betting offenses after his old phone reportedly led to two new FA charges. Three letter paper take the information at your own peril, nicks good to see it three letter paper says he handed in his mobile to the FA twelve months ago used a replacement handset for the eight weeks that his call log, messages and bank records were analyzed. The report adds pocket Tod discarded his original phone upon its return, which has only added to his rap sheet. Thats is courtesy of our friends at talkSPORT. That's because the FA was said to have requested more access to the device to examine further details, only for Pakata to admit it had gone. That led the playmaker to be accused of obstructing their probe, with the charges issued in May two aggravated breaches for non cooperation and understood to have been accused deliberately by booked being booked during four Premier League matches. Should the twenty seven year old be found guilty of spot fixing, he could be set for a lengthy band potentially six months to a lifetime verdict unlikely to be reached until the summer, so he's free to play for west Ham for the remainder of the season. Obviously, there's a meeting today involving Drew and his Manchester United, so we'll see what happens there. Involving the future of Eric ten Hog, no extra punishment for Nico Jackson after being accused of slapping Morato during the one one draw with Nottingham Forest. Both clubs have been charged with failure to control their players after what the FA term a mass confrontation. So the club's mass confrontation, nothing else involving nothing else involving any other players specifically, So is it officially official? Did they not waste any time? Because Stephen Goff is now reporting that things are officially official involving Greg Burholter, It is as of seventeen minutes ago, So there we go, So it is officially official. Greg Burholter is now the new double boss man at Chicago Fire. He has both. He has both titles, So good for Greg Burholt Chicago Fire FC. No, I don't want twenty percent of single match tickets. Chicago Fire FC today announced Greg Burholter has been named club's Director of Football and head coach, tenth full time head coach in club history. Will oversee all aspects of the Fires sporting operations, including the first team, Fire two and the academy, reporting directly to owner and chairman Joe Mansweato. Current head coach Frank Klopez will step down from his position following the team's final regular season match on Saturday, October nineteen, will transition to a new role as vice president of football. I feel like I need a thunderclap or something quote from Joe Mansweto. After a thorough and detailed search that included a number of exceptional candidates, it became clear that Greg Burholter was the right choice to lead our sporting operations. His previous success in MLS, where he thrived in a dual role, and his experience leading the US men's national team over the last six years make him an ideal fit for our vision for the club going forward. Another paragraph from Mensweto quote from Burholter, continuing to go through Burholter's numbers. Quote from Klopas going through the Burholter resume playing their final match of the twenty four regular season against Nashville Soldier Field October nineteen, beginning at five o'clock Central Time, match broadcast globally on Season Pass. So officially official, Greg Burhalter, Director of football and head coach.
Speaker 2: Or Chicago Fire.
Speaker 1: Not really a shock, mind you, but nevertheless and officially announced. So it's officially official.
Speaker 2: So Greg Burholter now has a dual role double title, probably two business cards for the.
Speaker 1: Head of soccer operations and to be the new head coach for Chicago Fire.
Speaker 2: So that's the.
Speaker 1: News involving Greg Burholter this morning. One of the worst kept secrets known to mankind. All right, gossip, Brumer Nenuanda, what to watch, where to watch, how to watch.
Speaker 2: It, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow Standard Show and it is going to be Tyler at nine to fifteen if we can track down Dylan Butler at ten o'clock will do that. Then Marion Crowder at ten thirty to two discuss super League and her show that's on Sirius XM by the way, with Anna Whitty discussing super League and SEC soccer.
Speaker 2: So there's that, all right.
Speaker 1: Future Verk ten Hogg decided at a club meeting on Tuesday, Rudvan Nisselroy favored to take.
Speaker 2: Over if a chain is made.
Speaker 1: No updates yet on any of the media that is social involving Eric Tenhog. I'm checking before we leave to see if there's any kind of an update. Nothing as of this morning. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you've got all.
Speaker 1: The fancy folks that want to sit there and say hey, look, and Thomas Tuckle is also apparently a part of the discussion as well. So right now, keeping an eye on Tuckle, keeping an eye on Van Nisselroy, keeping an eye on tin Hog. Nothing officially official yet involving Eric ten Hogg and Manchester United can't wait to hear what Drew Dickinson has to say about it. Tenhogg believes he retains the faith of the man Chester United bosses. Heading into the international break, Liverpool are interested in I track Frankfurt striker Omar Marmouche Forrest and Villa wanted to sign him last summer. City considering a January move for Martin Zubamandi has covered for the injured rodri that's from Relevo West Hamil Price Mohammed Kudus out of a move away from the club next summer despite interest from Liverpool, Arsenal, man City and Chelsea Newcastle pushing to sign Leroy Sane when his contract expires at Byron Munich. Byron Munich are ready to make Jamal Mucila their joint best paid player along with Harry Kane, on about four hundred thousand pounds a week.
Speaker 2: Not thought to be in talks with Roha Majudor.
Speaker 1: Manchester City Wolves are maintaining their full support for head coach Gary O'Neil after sacking set piece coach Jack Wilson. Barcelona are tracking Jonathan David. So that's where we are, Yeah, Abby, exactly just what he wants, full control, and I think that's what you're gonna get. A lot of these days you're gonna get. You're gonna get coaches going into these situations saying I want I want it all, and I want it now.
Speaker 2: It's like Faruka Salt. He's left alone.
Speaker 1: That's the key. He's left alone. Let the man operate. So we'll see what happens, all right, What to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it? You've obviously got all the college soccer that's today. Keep an eye on your friends in Florida. Please tell them to leave low lying areas. If not the entire state of Florida, bring them north shoot and there are folks that are on social media offering up farmland, places to stay with generators and all that kind of stuff. And don't wait too late if you're in central Florida. We do have an update with our friends in western North Carolina. By the way, do have some updates there. Get into the college soccer in a bit the Zone Women's Champions League double header twelve forty five, Romo Volsburg, Leon galatass three, Chelsea Real, Madrid Celtic and FC twentye ESPN plus as USL Championship Louden and in the eleven. College Soccer Today. College Soccer Today, a lot of stuff on the men's side, starting at six o'clock and it's mostly men's. There's one women's matchup at three o'clock high point in Winthrop. On the plus six o'clock. You've got soccer in the northeast. You have an IVY League on ESPN plus Gardner, Webb and Winthrop. Keep an eye on Scott Wells and his group with what they're doing. I've got an update from Scott as well with what we've been seeing with our friends at the universities that we've been keeping an eye on.
Speaker 2: Also at seven o'clock. Once again, stuff in the Northeast.
Speaker 1: It is IVY League, it is Big South, it is Conference USA ACC Extra has James Maddison and in Virginia, so ACC has activity going on. You've got the you've got maction going on you have, Oh, what's Cleveland State in these days?
Speaker 2: In soccer?
Speaker 1: The Midwest Conference that they're in ACC network once again, Michigan and Notre Dames at seven o'clock on the ACC network. Charleston and North Carolina's on extra Stetson in South Florida. I don't know if they might be raising the clock to get that one in into Land and then get everybody North Wafford and Wake on ACC extra. Butler and I U p U I at seven o'clock Mercer, Georgia State seven o'clock on ESPN plus Harvard and BU Covenant, Belmont and Central Arkansas and Tulsa. So that is that's what to look at with all of all of all of them, So keeping keeping an eye out for all of them in college soccer. Oh, the updates from our friends up, up and down the line. Tried to catch up with some folks yesterday and it appears that unc Asheville the soccer has been moved to unc Charlotte all Fall sports men's soccer, women's soccer, volleyball to train and live. There are pictures yesterday of folks leaving the unc Asheville campus and they're heading to their various places and major props by the way to everyone that is reaching out to help out when it comes to everything on campus involving UNC Asheville and where they're heading and where they could be going that kind of stuff. So hang on Ashville men's soccer, where's the so where's the Ashville Athletics twenty four schedule has been readjusted so it appears and it's SAW so Asheville Athletics started moving and it's unc AVL Bulldogs. So Ady Cone posted a letter a couple of days ago with an update that's attached. So now the way that it is, men's and women's soccer and volleyball are being hosted.
Speaker 2: This is unc Asheville.
Speaker 1: Unc Asheville Men's and women's soccer and volleyball are now at UNC Charlotte Cross Countries at Wafford. Men's and women's hoops are being hosted by the Charlotte Hornets. Women's swimming by Gardner Webb, men's and women's tennis by High Point. Baseball moved to UNC Greensboro Track and Field training remotely until further notice. Women's golf residing in Kiowa, then hosted by Wafford College. So that is your Asheville update. Biggest thing from Scott Wells and our friends at Gardner Webb is that he has redirected their efforts when it comes to helping folks out, and it was in a text, So hang on just a second, let me. Biggest thing that Scott wanted to say was that there's a lot of aid and right now no power or water in his section of Asheville. Move their efforts to Swannanoa and Black Mountain as well as Old Fort difficult because there's almost too much food now and the Bears are being able to get to it. Churches can't give enough away and are literally begging people to come and collect it. So Scott Wells and his efforts are now looking more into families that have lost homes, having to.
Speaker 2: Move and needing things for their houses, et cetera.
Speaker 1: So with your favorite charities or groups that are trying to help out folks western North Carolina and Middle Georgia, what have you.
Speaker 2: Check ahead see what they need?
Speaker 1: My question was to all of our coaches that we've been in touch with, what do you need? And so that's why if you're going to hook up with Scott Wells and what he wants to do. It's about families that have lost their homes and trying to re establish just being in a home environment. So it might be things like furniture, gift cards, those kinds of things to help these families rebuild. Unc Asheville once again as an entity, has relocated to a bunch of different campuses. Mentioned the conversation that we had, I want to say with Leees McCrae where it's been moved to Fareham and into Virginia and access there as well. But we'll keep you posted on what those folks need from a high school perspective here in the state of Georgia. Been able to do some reading and some writing at GPB and literally right now in Hazlehurst and jeff Davis County, which seems to be kind of a central point. It is the idea that they're going to play high school football this weekend. Seventy percent of the county does not have power, but they're going to play and use it as a celebration as Bacon County comes comes to Hazlehurst this weekend. But check with your local high schools and all of your contacts and all your people find out what they need. Like I said, it might just be something as a roof over their head, might be a gift card, might be something to try to sit there and dust themselves off on a daily basis, a place to get quiet. Maybe it's some Wi Fi access or something like that. But before you send something outbound, check locally and see if something is specifically needed to attach to where you're looking to give aid. So we don't have a situation where folks are giving a boatload of food and nobody comes and gets it and then the bears get to it. You're helping the bears out, but families not so much. So check ahead of time and check and see what you're staring at.
Speaker 2: With all of the folks that are trying to help out here.
Speaker 1: And it's fantastic that everyone is trying to lift each other up. But just right now, since we're a week plus in, just double check to make sure that folks need specific things or what Check to see what they need before you send.
Speaker 2: So just do things that way.
Speaker 1: Also on on the board this morning, let me see before we try and get out here, let me go and check and see what is going on around the planet and see if there's anything that I have missed. Oh abby on looking at Instagram with Brad yesterday. Yes, continue as me. Come on now, let me see if I'm within the twenty four hour limit. And see I don't five nine seven eight eight. If anybody wants to be me, they can just log into my computer now on Instagram. Yes, save the login info. Goodness, gracious alive. Brad and Uncle Arthur on the course. That's pretty good. And was that Brooks so it Land United and about yeah, so Brooks, Brad and Uncle Arthur on the fairway.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. All right.
Speaker 1: So, and this is what happens when you're trying to get into everything else. I don't want you to create my account. I just oh Manchester, Manchester City, and we got to get into that. Manchester City is threatening further legal action and rubbish the Premier League victory claims, and apparently there's also now a civil war breaking out.
Speaker 2: Tom Morgan from the Telegraph.
Speaker 1: Manchester City have accused the Premier League of misleading clubs and warned of more potential legal action. Amid bitter recriminations after the APT tribunal. Battle escalated as the champions accused the League of several inaccuracies and its peculiar.
Speaker 2: Summary of the tribunals findings.
Speaker 1: Further legal disputes could ignited clubs now pushed through swift amendments to rules on apts. The club's head of legal council is now suggesting the General Council for Manchester City, Simon Cliff, outlining the club's dismay and a letter sent to all other top tier clubs on Monday evening after both sides declared victory.
Speaker 2: Well, of course you're both going to declare victory.
Speaker 1: Earlier, the League had categorically rejected cities claim of a seismic triumph, conceding only that the ruling showed a small number of discreete elements do not comply with competition law. Cliff wrote the other nineteen clubs in an effort to dismantle the lengthy League statement, saying its summary of the Panels award was not correct. The Telegraph Sport reported how the further tension summering of a meeting next week of clubs, with City opposing plans to rule out applying fair market value tests to shareholder loans retrospectively in the three years since APT was introduced, so if you have the telegraph. That is your requested required reading of the day. When it comes to.
Speaker 2: How folks in the Premier League, the owners.
Speaker 1: Of a lot of the clubs are going to be mad at each other and they're going to continue being mad. Also trying to see if I've missed anything when it comes to.
Speaker 2: Anyone else.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I'm scan I'm scanning copy here, trying to see if there's anything else. So nothing in the Times and nothing in that so we mentioned the club. Anderseniesta did announce his retirement after a twenty four year career, by the way, so that is official. Comos Kurto has been banned after and this is from PA media, player who racially abused Wang Yi Chong in a preseason friendly has been given a ten match banned by feet of five of those suspended for two years. Marco Kurto, who is then playing for Como now on loan to Chisana, found guilty of abusing Huwang during a friendly match in Marbella. Spokesperson for the football governing body said the player Marco Kurto, has found responsible for discriminatory behavior sanction with the ten match suspension, and he defended the Jackie Chan common after the Wolves complain of racism in a friendly South Korea players National Football Association contact at FIFA in July to express serious concerns about the incident. Matt Wilde said at the time they welcomed the investigation. He COMO insisted at the time the incident had been blown out of proportion. Miran Suwarso, a spokesperson for the club's owner, said Kurto had told the club he told a fellow defender ignore Huang, he thinks he's Jackie Chan, and that was where that went from there. So yeah, that didn't go over well. DAMNL shouldn't have either, all right. So I think we're up on the news and everything. But obviously the biggest thing was that we now have a new two title man in charge in Chicago and his name is Greg Burholter with the Chicago Fire. So tomorrow once again Tyler Pilgrim joining us at nine point fifteen, it is hopefully Dylan Butler joining us at ten and see if we can track down Mary and Crowder to talk about Super League, her show on the Super League with Anna Whitty, Jupileague and everything going on in the SEC, and don't forget. We're also going to catch up with some new friends in the NPSL on Wednesday as well. That interview will get posted to the network. And also Thursday, our number one is our number one for Thursday thoughts, and then it's the Power Hour with Nino and Nico and the ten o'clock trying to catch up with some of our friends in western North Carolina see if they can hop on in that Thursday ten o'clock slot, just to kind of update as to how things are. And also Friday is gonna be Friday, see if Jason can join us to size up everything that's been going on across college and pro and everything that is going on with him, see if we can catch up with our friends at Beyond Goals Entering. And also we're going to be catching up with our friends at Ozark United on Friday, off the offline, We're going to tape a piece with Chris Martinovich and find out what's going on at Ozark United because they are now no longer USLNWA, they are Ozark United, and so that is up as well. Plus remember today two o'clock, three o'clock MLS Next Pro Pick your Dance Partner in the East and the West. I think the East will have your chaos. I think the West will be chalk. We'll talk about that as well tomorrow. So we went long because it was worthy of going long, and we'll do that every single day once again. Thanks to Will Jarrett at Land United and Communications Department for letting Steve Cook come on and hang out with us this morning.
Speaker 2: A very very cool interview.
Speaker 1: That we got to have with Steve and find out about MLS next pro at Landy United too, and we'll see where all of it goes from there and Steve can come in and talk about anything he wants to do at any given time. Also, let me get to say hi to everybody and see what's up with North Carolina answer doing what they can to help each other. A great band togetherness with Waken and c State this past weekend. KI was gonna need to get out of there with Milton, you know, no kidding, So let me say hi to everybody before we get out of here, and I will go and try and figure out how to get this splinter out of my foot. Morning d Graham Morning, Alex Morning, Dell Morning, Abbey Morning, Wiley, Morning to Us Morning, David Morning, Nicks, Morning Pars, Morning Hutch doing Sdhlfresco, well done, Morning four Card and let's see Morning d Graham, Morning David, everybody, and Abby saying hydrogen peroxide. So we'll start there. Let's see. I'm trying to see who else I might have missed, Hutch, Alfresco, Nixon, Abby, d Graham with a great question that you really challenged, Steve Cook on well done, Morning Og. Let's see Morning Hutch, Morning Harry. Harry came in for hour number two. Morning to the Og and Abby and I think that'll do it. So thanks for all of you guys for coming in this morning. We'll be back at it again in a little less than twenty two and we will discuss anything and everything going on on the planet. Tyler Pilgrim from Scarves and Spikes kicks it all off, Bat.
Speaker 2: And lead off on Wednesday at nine to fifteen.
Speaker 1: So for everybody here at SDH, thanks for dropping by as you always do. Back at it again tomorrow, so played safe, everybody, move your platy all and sentence end of the show. That means we get to run the fancy clothes instead of a fancy open, because if we ran a fancy open. That would mean that the show is going to continue, but it's not. We'll see you tomorrow. Thanks again for being a part of SDH. Played safe everybody. We'll see us