Speaker 1: Of a break.
Speaker 2: The good news is we're not expecting any severe weather today and any showers we do see it will be scattered. We're seeing a few scattered showers to start out the morning, but better timing is going to come in the afternoon. Temperatures are starting out in the upper sixties and low seventies, then will warm up to the mid eighties, but that humidity is sticking with us, so it'll feel more like the low nineties. From your severe weather station, I'm nine. First morning forecast are Ana Azelian News Radio seven hundred wl.
Speaker 3: Right now it is a very humid sixty nine degrees and our next update is at six thirty. I'm Whitney Harris News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Good morning, and welcome to the first official hour of this Saturday morning edition for Saturday, August third, twenty twenty four. I'm Gary Jeff Walker, and aren't you glad you're not you could have to deal with all of this seven minutes after the hour six or seven.
Speaker 1: Eastern time, that is.
Speaker 5: And uh, I think it's time to talk to Dave Leah, Middle Tennessee Birdwall, Jack Blancherd, Christy Morgan.
Speaker 6: Take the trees and the time down, take away and away the very times and walk a good.
Speaker 7: Morning, Davey.
Speaker 8: How are we doing?
Speaker 1: Doing fine? Doing fine? What's going on in your neck of the woods.
Speaker 9: Well, I got to see that no hitter last night that blakes Now through against us.
Speaker 10: That was awesome.
Speaker 1: If you're a Giants fan. And I had gone to bed.
Speaker 5: When when when we were down two to nothing, of we being the Reds. Of course I'm not on the officially, but when the Reds were down two to nothing and it was clear that they were not going to get a hit, weren't good to sniff a hit off of Snell or the Giants, then I said, well, okay, this is a great way to start the weekend.
Speaker 1: I turned it off. I gave up early. I gave it.
Speaker 5: So what did you enjoy about the three to nothing Red's loss to the Giants and Blake Snow?
Speaker 10: Oh, it's it's history.
Speaker 1: It's history in the making.
Speaker 5: Lots of people have pitched no hitters. Brother, it it wasn't a perfect game, was it?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 5: He walked, Yeah, So I mean so it's not there's nothing historic about there have been multiple perfect games.
Speaker 1: All right, it was a loss, Dave.
Speaker 5: It was a loss for the Reds desperately need a win. There's still there's still a chance, there's still a mathematical possibility that the Reds make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: And you're cheering on.
Speaker 5: You're cheering on a team that comes into town like a bunch of carpetbackers, defeats the Reds, blanks him three to nothing because their starting pitcher pitched a no hitter.
Speaker 1: Well, big deal, Buddy.
Speaker 9: Jeff, Yeah, Why did what is jay Z's favorite cheese?
Speaker 1: Jay Z's favorite cheese?
Speaker 11: Yes, what that'd be?
Speaker 1: Brionce?
Speaker 11: Hey, Gary, Jeff?
Speaker 9: Why did the shopping cart quit his job?
Speaker 1: Why did the shopping cart quit his job?
Speaker 8: Dave?
Speaker 9: Oh, he was tired of being pushed around.
Speaker 10: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do jeering, Jeff, what do you?
Speaker 10: What do you?
Speaker 9: What would you get if you threw all the books in the world and the ears, all the.
Speaker 5: Books in the world in the ocean, Dave, do tell me what would you get?
Speaker 9: You'd get a title wave.
Speaker 12: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necess necessarily considered funny by the staff, management or advertisers. Of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 1: America is the freedom of speech, even for stupid people. America is bikini talks and Daisy Douke. Yeah, you won't find that in France. No, all they have is soft cheesemeric. I believe in the American dreams. Weest dreamed the room, and so does Bill Cunningham, sweetest man on the air.
Speaker 13: Bill Cunningham is America.
Speaker 1: I am a great American. He's mister Red, White, and Blue.
Speaker 14: Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 5: Monday at twelve noon on seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 1: Jeff Wellernissan dot com.
Speaker 15: Hey everybody, we are Lady Nobellum.
Speaker 16: When we started out in Nashville, we never imagine what we were going to be able to achieve.
Speaker 5: We got here because we worked together and had each other's backs.
Speaker 6: In America, we have the privilege of being a diverse society made up of people from all kinds of backgrounds, and that's a big part of what makes this country such a great place to live.
Speaker 17: When we put aside our differences and work together, there is no challenge too great to overcome.
Speaker 1: This message is brought to you by the US Air Force.
Speaker 18: Got nothing look the radio on Man six point thirteen of the.
Speaker 15: Laws who hoped this SUI is alone?
Speaker 16: Nine because I haven't ever build One's so right?
Speaker 19: Each looking two year rising, falling.
Speaker 1: A little lower and more, a little more and more.
Speaker 8: It looks like we started us a fight.
Speaker 1: We're reaped up in flame. The design that's right, with the touch, the burning shadows, dancing on the what's going on? Nothing on the rain? That's right? And nothing on but radio? Rick on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 5: A little callback from Gary Allen, nothing on but the radio and a reception report from our friend over in INDI.
Speaker 1: How you doing, Ricky?
Speaker 20: Love the love the baseline on that. Oh, I could do it at the reference. I could do without the reference to the flames. That it's close to home this week. Really, yeah, we're not gonna talk about that.
Speaker 1: Oh well, you brought it up. I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: I did.
Speaker 1: One of the curtain berners actually do its job, or.
Speaker 20: What now, unfortunately, it's a one in the shop that somebody said, oh, it just has a loud hum. It's fine, I can still listen. And I was like, oh no, don't ever do that. And yeah, they learned the hard way that the reason you can't do that is because you're overheating the power transform, the very expensive power transformer that then had a literal meltdown. So luckily it was more common radio, so you can get a modern, modern salt solution. But you know, these kids don't plug it in.
Speaker 5: So what do you got on the table this morning? How are you receiving us? What's going on?
Speaker 20: Well, this is a five x five reception by proxy from Jimmy in Wheeling, West Virginia. This is a nineteen thirty Crosley Model fifty four Buddy Boy. It is a five tube AM radio.
Speaker 1: It's a tr It sounds like a sandwich at frishes.
Speaker 20: Well, it kind of looks like one tube that if you squint, really funny. Okay, So it is an extremely ornate cab. It's sort of kind of a cathedral style because it has a round top, but it kind of has little jutouts on the sides. The front is incredibly ornate. And this thing is made out of repwood, which means they took some cardboard product, chopped it up, got it wet, and put it into a mold. Oh this is a thirty eight pound radio. It's basically informed cardboard. You're going to want to lift this from the bottom and use your knees, not your back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 20: But I got this thing, bought it years ago for a auction for almost nothing, and I would describe the condition as a pile of rust in a in a paper sack. And Jimmy is very good at restoring, especially the cabinets, but the radios as well. It's like, I'm never going to get to this thing. So he bought it and he's enjoying the heck out of it, and I'm jealous. But oh well, let's go to the catalog, shall we.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 20: The Crosley Buddy Boy is not the fastest selling radio. I don't know if they streamlined financing or what, but said, it's a personal radio receiver next to an easy chair or the center of the family circle or on a table. It's kind of phone that last one in Ninja kids. The Buddy Boy is equipped with Crosley's ten of board, a flexible material not much thicker than a calling card, fitted into the top of the set, an entirely new and different development in radio, conceived and perfected by Crosley. Utterly exclusive with Crosley. The eliminate's necessary for both the necessity of both antenna and ground when bringing in local, nearby and powerful distant stations. Okay, so it has an internal antenna that's for nineteen thirty. That's impressive. The thickness of the thing, I don't know, hoppit a difference in the fact that's inside you can't see it, and it also boasting that local, nearby and powerful distance stations tells me it doesn't work all that well, it's sleep.
Speaker 5: Right, But anyways, unless unless articular hotel managers in particular, what.
Speaker 20: Are enthusiastic about this radio wonder since it allows them to give their guests the ultra in modern convenience at an extremely low price, which today, by the way, would be about eleven, one hundred and twenty bucks. Yeah, until until one of your guest knocks one on the floor. Then the maid's not gonna be too happy anyway.
Speaker 1: No kidding, All right?
Speaker 5: Uh, Well, I mean it's it's I think you're privileged. You say you're jealous of Jimmy, but I think your privileged to even have it in your possession for any amount of time.
Speaker 1: And that's so cool. How many you bought this in an auction? You said, right?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah?
Speaker 5: How many radios do you personally own? I know that you've got other people's radios there in the Pineapple Palace, but how many radios do you belong to.
Speaker 1: Rick Washburn?
Speaker 20: Depending upon what you consider to be radio? And I'll make this less painful. We're whittling down. So I think I'm down to about four hundred and seventy five, not counting test equipment, real to real tape decks, HI Fi equipment parts in my box of stuff, I find that I forgot I ever owned.
Speaker 5: I in my lifetime have been a slave to lesser things. I have been addicted to much worse. So go go on, brother, go with God. That's awesome, all right, Ricky, have a wonderful weekend, Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com if you'd like to get in touch with Rick Washburn and get your your own personal reception report.
Speaker 1: AH vacation time.
Speaker 4: You know it doesn't matter where you go, you can always listen to seven hundred WLW on our live stream. So whether you're heading to the lake for a little fishing, or you've booked a charter with Captain Quint and if you did, you might suggest a bigger boat, you can always take us along where every monroa just listen to the seven hundred WLW live stream on the free iHeartRadio app. Hey, if you're listening to me right now, I have one thing every business needs most attention.
Speaker 1: Think about it.
Speaker 8: We swipe.
Speaker 2: We have one more day of rain and storm chances before we get a little bit of a break. The good news is we're not expecting any severe weather today and any showers we do see it will be scattered. We're seeing a few scattered showers to start out the morning, but better timing is going to come in the afternoon. Temperatures are starting out in the upper sixties and low seventies, then will warm up to the mid eighties, but that humidity is sticking with a so it'll feel more like the low nineties. From your severe Weather station, I'm nine First Morning Forecast Aorana Azelian News Radio seven hundred W Mount ME seven.
Speaker 21: One hundred WLW sports got Olympic fever, baby, and the Americans, as usual, are taking home the most medals, not the most gold, but the most medals.
Speaker 5: Any reports as to what is happening transpiring in Perry this morning?
Speaker 16: Yeah, Noah Lyles just ran the qualifying heat for the one hundred meter and he got second place.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 16: The United States currently leads all countries with forty four total medals. They are fifth in gold medals with nine, and today Simone Biles looks to reclaim gold in the women's vault final at ten to twenty. Team USA Men's basketball concludes its third and final game of pool play by taking on Puerto Rico tipball to set for eleven fifteen At one ten, Shaikari Richardson goes for gold in the woman's one hundred meter dashed, and currently the men's road race, Olympic golf, swimming qualifying heats, and track events are going on. All right, I gotta turn the television on sc Cincinnati. There's been an update in the Pat Noonan. In the final MLS game before the league's tournament, he was suspended. He has been suspended an additional game. The coach, yes, Pat Noonan, What the hell do you do? I guess they did more too. They looked into the red card more that he got at the end of the game that got him suspended for the last match. And there's a lot of controversy surrounding this because other coaches throughout the league have been suspended before, and they let them serve their suspensions throughout for the All Star Game and for these League Cups games.
Speaker 5: But this suspension will occur against in Miami. All right, So are are they when's the match? When are they playing? Well, they're in the tournament currently, the League's Cup. Yes, all right, they play August twenty fourth, all right, all right, very good.
Speaker 1: The Reds no luck against Blake Snell last Did he really pitch a no hitter?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Blake Snell through his first career no hitter last night. The Reds lost three to nothing. Blake Snell started of the year late, those big pursue of Blake's now one of the best pitchers in the league from free agency, and he has been rolling the game before this.
Speaker 1: He threw fifteen strikeouts as advertised. Very very nice.
Speaker 16: So tell me about today's game today. The Red Legs face off in game two against the Giants. First pitch is at seven ten. Pregame coverage begins at six to ten. You can catch all the action right here on seven hundred WW, the Home of the reds Now.
Speaker 5: You attended Luke Combs last night at Paycourt, right, yes, you and your your lovely girlfriend Alyssa. Yes, uh so you said that you and your girlfriend were kind of making fun of the country music superstar because he did what you called, quote finger dancing.
Speaker 1: Can you explain on the radio what finger dancing is.
Speaker 15: I'd give a visual representation, but obviously we're on the radio.
Speaker 1: Stike and you gotta paint a picture with words.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 16: I mean a lot of people like you know, you move your hands around when you're dancing and singing, and with every word, he would like put his thumb his pointer finger together or have you see have you seen the New Twisters film?
Speaker 1: I have not yet.
Speaker 16: When they do like the circle up or he uses his hands and every time he'd say a word, he'd put him up and down. He'd like make waves with his hands. He'd be pointing. It was he put on an awesome performance. It was just one thing me in a listen.
Speaker 15: Noticed throughout the concert, and we were kind of laughing about it.
Speaker 5: So you were making fun of the man who was making millions more than you will ever even possibly realize in your entire lifetime. My life's not I don't know yet. I could win the lottery. Well yeah, but that's not exactly making money. That's just having money. It's not the same thing. I mean, the man's earned it. You got to give him that. Oh he's awesome. And if finger dancing is the way to get there, you know, that's what you gotta do. Luke Cohe's back at pay Corps for a second show tonight.
Speaker 1: More from Limb on that experience. Hadn't had a good timing time since, you know, and.
Speaker 19: Got talked into going out with hopes you were staying in. I was feeling like myself for the first time in a long time until A bombs into some of your friends over there talking to mind.
Speaker 1: Sending you own in when your hair and the wind maybe went down on.
Speaker 8: I was still in all right.
Speaker 1: But just your sight had my heart shone in the moon.
Speaker 19: And hiding starts with shine and the rain was driving thunder light.
Speaker 22: Then you wrecked my.
Speaker 1: Whole world when you came and in the like a hurricane, Just like a hurricane.
Speaker 5: The game from Ripley on the Way afternoon it shun SEVENTHLW.
Speaker 1: Here's what's trending from the Iheartsports Network presented by DraftKings, Fantasy Sports, United Statesmen Soccer.
Speaker 13: So there's Tavin Parison after the squad ended up on the wrong end of a four to nothing.
Speaker 1: Shout out against Morocco.
Speaker 13: No lud for the Reds against the Giant, says bitch, and Blake Snell throws his first career no hitter, blanking Cincinnati and the series opener and o't have state football Goodland a big target for their twenty twenty six class after four star safety Blaine Bradford put the buck Guys in his final five schools.
Speaker 1: I'm JD.
Speaker 23: Hafferan.
Speaker 17: Check out what DraftKings has to offer this season with Code Sports, because life's more fun when you're.
Speaker 8: In on the action.
Speaker 1: They do spotcasts.
Speaker 2: We have one more day of rain and storm chances before we get a little bit of a break. The good news is we are not expecting any severe weather today and any showers we do see it will be scattered. We're seeing a few scattered showers to start up the morning, but better timing is going to come in the afternoon. Temperatures are starting out in the upper sixties and low seventies than will warm up to the mid eighties. But that human he is sticking with us, so it'll feel more like the low nineties. And that's the forecast. I'm nine first warning forecaster Anna is Allian.
Speaker 3: It's sixty nine degrees. Our next update is at seven o'clock. I'm Whitney Harris News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio, seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 1: Oh my, I'm toasting you said.
Speaker 24: Honey, we may be thrown dude, you'll never care me complaint in places.
Speaker 1: Were the Whiskey round landed there, James Blue.
Speaker 5: Oh Yes, follow fifty two east out of town and make your way to how Now Brown County and Ripley, Ohio, the lovely little village right on the banks of the Mighty Ohio River on Main Street to a place called Brookies, where the gang has gathered again on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning, gang, good morning, thank you. Green Hornet.
Speaker 5: Happy birthday, Sherry green Hornet, my love, happy birthday.
Speaker 14: Thank you, thank you, thank you, you have to tell your mom happy birthday too.
Speaker 5: I did that already this morning, but I will, I will, I will do it again. I'm sure she's my mother, She's the only one I have, and it is her birthday as well. August third.
Speaker 14: We start for a big day, a party, in.
Speaker 5: A great day in the twentieth century. August third, the birthdate of my mother and of the green hornet. So happy birthday, my.
Speaker 14: Dear, thank you, thank you. You know the weather rock was pokey dotted this morning.
Speaker 10: You know what it was?
Speaker 1: Pokey dotted?
Speaker 14: Yeah, because her out spotty showers today.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what are you doing to celebrate your birthday? What are you and the beaver god time you bar hopping?
Speaker 14: Well, the beaver Fever's right here, are gonna bar hop But I ain't gonna make it your way, I don't think. But I wish I could start there and just work my way up the river.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you could. You could.
Speaker 5: You could get to Huddles about eleven o'clock and start and then.
Speaker 1: Make your way back home.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Well, I probably couldn't find my way back home if I stayed there.
Speaker 1: It doesn't help my message this morning, didn't you? Yeah, I've seen lots of messages.
Speaker 25: Yeah, buzz Buzz is here, he's got he's got a new friend with him.
Speaker 11: Jeff jelly rolls here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now I've seen I've seen Buzz with a couple of different kinds of women.
Speaker 1: What's jelly roll looks like?
Speaker 11: Because is this?
Speaker 5: Is this a male friend or a female read Buzzy bus?
Speaker 8: Do you think you're talking to?
Speaker 5: I just I just wanted to see if you could define what a woman is, because apparently some people can't.
Speaker 14: Oh, he's got all kinds of girlfriends around the bout.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, I know.
Speaker 5: I just didn't know if any of them were actually secretly swinging anyway.
Speaker 26: Uh, Darren, Hey, couple things for here, Yes, Buddy and Odds.
Speaker 1: Tonight at eighty thirty?
Speaker 8: Is the name of the band?
Speaker 1: What is the name of the band? What is the name of the band? Muddy and not Muddy and Not?
Speaker 10: Do you know them?
Speaker 26: No?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 26: What?
Speaker 1: I think I dated her once? Anyway?
Speaker 26: Go ahead, Yeah, Dared's there too this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Darren.
Speaker 5: Uh, we're planning on coming to perform at your place of business on August twenty fifth, Sunday, August twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: It's the Goens Walker Farewell Tour. And that's that.
Speaker 5: If you're thinking about making shirts, a limited supply of shirts, t shirts, that's what it should say. On the front Goen's Walker Farewell Tour twenty twenty four. And on the back have tour dates and the only tour date is Brookies eight, twenty five.
Speaker 11: I will get on that.
Speaker 1: I will work on it, all right, Very nice, very nice.
Speaker 5: Well, it's great to hear from you all as usual, and Sherry once again the happiest of birthdays.
Speaker 14: Dear, thank you, honey, appreciate it all right.
Speaker 1: Take care, guys, seven.
Speaker 4: Hundred WL and iHeart Radio Station, the exclusive audio home of NBC's coverage of the twenty twenty four Paris Olympics.
Speaker 1: In this week's Marketers Report, Dana Nusbaum, Executive vice President.
Speaker 5: Now it's no washouts. In fact, we'll get an ample amount of sunshine too. This afternoon high up around eighty seven tomorrow, mostly Sonny ninety one, mostly Sonny ninety three on Monday, and mostly sunny again.
Speaker 1: On Tuesday, with a high then of eighty nine. It's sixty nine now.
Speaker 4: Seven one hundred WL.
Speaker 16: Jummy sport, and here is Lilliam Johnlinson. The Reds lost to the Giants three to zero last night. Blake Snell for the Giants to his first career no hitter. The Reds are back in action today at seven to ten. First pitch, inside pitch begins at six to ten. You can listen to that game right here on the Home of the Red seven hundred WLW. It is day eight of the Paris Olympics in the United States currently leads all countries with forty four total medals, and the USA is fifth in gold medals with nine. Simone Biles looks to reclaim gold in the women's vault. Today, Team USA men's basketball plays their third and final pool game against Puerto Rico, and Shkarrie Richardson goes for gold in the women's one hundred meters dash. Currently, there's track and field events, swimming and cycling, men's road race going on.
Speaker 5: I think Ryan Fink actually just finished second in the men's fifteen hundred free style fifteen hundred meter free style.
Speaker 1: I just saw that. Thanks for the update.
Speaker 5: And as you mentioned, there is cycling going on right now. I wonder how many of those people are on performance enhancing drugs only. Lance Armstrong only that's right. Only Lance Armstrong was you're funny Steve from ETNA with a pithy phone call it news of the week right around the corner on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 27: One eight hundred got joke recycles because it conserves our natural resources.
Speaker 10: We donate the donatables so they can be loved and used by another family recycling.
Speaker 5: Believe it or not, who quotes Steve Miller from years ago? Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the future, and we fly to the phone line to talk to our good friend Steve Simon from met In, Ohio with a fifty phone calling news.
Speaker 10: Of the week.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Steve, IANK here very much, Cary, Jeff.
Speaker 27: Okay. The bad news that I woke up to this morning, Yeah, because I went to bed last night at eight o'clock and you know I missed the game.
Speaker 10: The bad news is the.
Speaker 27: Reds were up to bat nine times.
Speaker 10: Last night and got no hits.
Speaker 27: The good news the regular batting order took the night off and were replaced by Tommy Harris Biden by Yorkiz Cheetle, Budhajig, McConnell, Schumer, Yellen and Corinne John lepew that was the new lineup card who didn't disappoint us? They can't do anything right or left handed, no runs, no hits, thousands of errors and water Washington d C. All you need to know about the alleged male masquerading as an alleged female who beat up a real female in a very brief Olympic boxing.
Speaker 1: Farce forty six seconds.
Speaker 27: Forty six seconds is that Trump was rooting for the woman, and Biden and Harris were rooting for the she male. So who are you going to vote for this week? Deplorables was replaced by Harris with the word for you and me, Gary Jeff weird. Yeah, we're the weird ones. No, the Democrats own the word weird. Transnews page two. It's not just your sex. We're wild to change at any age. I notice we haven't tried to do it in the womb yet. We just killed the kids in there. Nor do you find any old people getting trans. But now, yes, now you can trans your ancestry. Barry Obama started this. He's half white, yeah he is, so he erased that and he went all black. Tommy Harris is half South Asian. Read that Indian claims to be African American until the African American stopped her from doing that, And now COMMI is in racial limbo. I'm thinking maybe she'll trans to Cherokee Indian like Liz Warren. That you hating Harvard law professor turned US Senator for the People's Republic of Massachusetts. Can't wait till Trump gets you go?
Speaker 1: You go ahead, keep going, No, you keep going. I love it.
Speaker 27: I can't wait till Trump gets back into office and we are about Pocahatas again. Funny thing about going trans whether it's sex or race, It's easier said than done, and it's damn difficult to undo, isn't it. Both Obama and Harris have to live with the fact that their ancestors own slaves in barracks or Barock excuse me. In Barock's case, it wasn't the white side of his family. It was his father's tribe in Africa.
Speaker 1: Whoops.
Speaker 27: At times I thought during Trump's first term that he didn't know how to hire people, you know, like his first secretary of State, bad attorney general, bad vice president worse. But if Trump gets a second chance, that will change. As for Biden, Harris, the worst cabinet since Buchanan, a Northern Democrat who filled his cabinet with Southern segregationists just before the Civil War. Worst president cabinet member. Ooh, that is a tough call. But when Secretary of State Tony Blinken speaks, no nation listens. Nobody listens to Tony. His dog still peas on the carpet. But then again, so does Biden. All Right, the uh, thank you, the pot calling the kettle black award. Oh god, this piss me off. To all those socialist Democrat US senators this week slamming the Meduro socialist communists in Venezuela for rigging an election. Wha, well, we certainly have standing in that, don't we. One senator decried what Maduro has done to the average Venezuela saying that's why so many oppressed Venezuelans are crossing.
Speaker 10: The US border.
Speaker 27: How the hell do you know that's their motivation? They're not vetted. They may just as well be communist agitators from Cuba, Mexico or Venezuela, yep, passing themselves off as freedom loving good guys. We don't question them because that would be accusatory. Welcome to Harrisville, BLM's top fundraiser during the Drug Dealer Riots. And I can't let this pass without a tribute. I didn't mention this before, and it's a couple of weeks too late. During the All Star Game, they had Bob Yuker on their Gary Jeff, I know you saw that. I was amazed because a couple of months ago, I was thinking, it's Bob Ucker is still alive. Yes, he's ninety years old. He could pass for thirty.
Speaker 26: He looks great.
Speaker 27: Of course he played that well when he was thirty two. Just a little bit outside. And you know, we had the Hall of Fame game, which course starts the football season unofficially this week. And I got to thinking about great players and coaches from the past, and we've got some these days, but not quite this kind of guy. Tom Landry remember, born in nineteen twenty four. Yes, he would be one hundred years old this year. He died in two thousand. Tom Landry holds the NFL record as a head coach for one team from nineteen sixty through nineteen eighty eight, twenty nine freaking years, a record he holds also twenty straight winning seasons. He won two Super Bowls. He was an engineering major at UT Austin in the nineteen forties. He interrupted his college football career there to join the Army Air Corps in honor of his brother, who was a pilot killed in Europe. Landry completed thirty missions with the eighth Air Force. He only had to complete twenty five.
Speaker 1: You can go home.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 27: He trained at Sioux City, Iowa Sioux City, Sioue, after which he flew at the eighth Air Force in Europe. Graduated from UT after the war, got his master's degree in engineering. While playing for the New York Giants, and I was telling Gary Jeff in a private phone call earlier this week, I saw a game between the Giants and the Cowboys, and the Cowboys first season nineteen sixty at Old Yankee Stadium, which means that I got to see Tom Landry for the Giants, and I got to see tell him Gary Jeff who was planning quarterback.
Speaker 1: For the Cowboys, Dandy Don Meredith.
Speaker 27: Unbelievable. Yep, I got those tickets free because the owner of the Giants happened to be a graduate of my high school. That's it, Tom Landry. A tribute to him today, Soldier coach, great player. We need more of those. Hey, take care of yourself, Gary.
Speaker 5: Jeff, thanks Steve. Yes, x x is female, x Y is male. IOC Just so you know, Ray and Loveland, good morning.
Speaker 1: Brother, how are you?
Speaker 11: Hey, Gary Jeff Walker, my buddy, good morning.
Speaker 10: Give mon Tom Landry by the way, what a class, class guy, A devout Christian, total class. There were a good number of class and people back in the day. They're in the NFL, and there's still alarm. I'm sure, but you know, he he found out that he you know how he found out he was fired was he was on the golf course and was asked a question by a reporter back in nineteen eighty nine. They said, what do you think about being fired as a coach? He said, well, let's get back to you on that. It's been hard me to root for the Cowboys after that. But anyways, Hey, on a positive note, A very very very happy birthday to your dear sweet mother and to my mother today your mom'sday. Yeah, we are.
Speaker 11: Brothers of another mother, maybe at.
Speaker 10: The same time. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's that's crazy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I and both there in Hendersonville, and I was able to personally deliver to her this week a box of her favorite candy Estra Price no chocolate, and had lunch of my father day before he had a procedure done. And you know, it's funny thing. I go to lunch for a dad and whenever I pay, we go to the place it cost about twenty bucks, and he pays. We go to Wendy's. It's about seven. Yeah, And how it works out that way? And he got mad because I got the biggie bag. I don't know anyway. I just I wanted to say, hello, God, bless you, God bless your family.
Speaker 5: Yeah, God bless you. That is so awesome. All right, Ray, we may be making a trip to Hville tomorrow. Have not decided if we're going to date the last minute birthday weekend trip for mom, but she definitely is worth it. Guy who would have had a birthday today featured now in the Spotlight Tony the love Linus Paris born August third, nineteen twenty six.
Speaker 1: Somehow sadly A lost him last year. The glory that was wrong is of another day.
Speaker 5: Anthony Dominic Benedetto would be ninety eight if he were still with us today.
Speaker 1: And forgotten in Manhattan it's six fifty four. I'm going home, Steve Schulte.
Speaker 5: Coming up afternoons to my city by the once more with feeling, mister Bennett, I left.
Speaker 1: My in San france Cisco.
Speaker 8: High on a hill.
Speaker 5: It calls to me, hearkening back to when San Francisco was actually a beautiful American city.
Speaker 1: Be well, little cable cars, Rice a Ronnie.
Speaker 5: Climb halfway to the star, the morning fog, the morning fall.
Speaker 23: Made to the end.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I don't care. My love wait there.
Speaker 11: In San fran Cisco.
Speaker 1: Above the blue and when DC, when come.
Speaker 5: To you, San Francisco, I bring it home, Tony, You're golden side.
Speaker 20: Will s.
Speaker 1: Of a break.
Speaker 2: The good news is we are not expecting any severe weather today and any showers we do see it will be scattered. We're seeing a few scattered showers to start up the morning, but better timing is going to come in the afternoon. Temperatures are starting out in the upper sixties and low seventies, then will warm up to the mid eighties, but that humidity is sticking with us, so it'll feel more like the low nineties. From your severe Weather station, I'm nine. First morning forecast arena is Elian News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Right Now it's seventy one degrees and our next update is at seven thirty. I'm Whitney Harris News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours, Your Day News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Jeff Weilerhonda dot Com into another hour of.
Speaker 5: The Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, August third, twenty twenty four, my mom's birthday. I'm Gary Jeff Walker and uh time now for an environmental update from our environmental engineer, Steve Shilty.
Speaker 19: I see tree so green, red roses too, I see them blue.
Speaker 8: Farming and you and I think to myself.
Speaker 1: What I wanda? Good morning mister Silty? How are you?
Speaker 28: Good morning here?
Speaker 3: Yet?
Speaker 7: Walker? Better than I deserve a usual.
Speaker 5: Before we get involved with our environmental topics. This morning, I wanted to, if you don't mind, talk about where you and your wife Robin are heading out next Thursday.
Speaker 1: Where are you going?
Speaker 7: So, yeah, we leave the next Thursday. So this upcoming Thursday, we're doing a pilgrimage. It's organized by a group Dynamic Catholic. Actually it's located in North Kentucky. But people on this pilgrimage are all from across the country. We're gonna be flying Thursday into Lisbon, Portugal and then visiting the site of our Lady of Pantama and Portugal. We then go over to Spain to uh to Ala, it's the site of Saint Teresa of Avla, my wife's favorite saint. And then we head over the Pyrenees to our Lady of Lord's UH site in Lords, France.
Speaker 5: So it's a pilgrimage, a pilgrimage trip to uh to what you believe our holy sites, sacred sites over in Europe, in Portugal and Spain and in France and uh So, I mean we we probably won't talk to you for a couple of weeks. You're returning, fine, you're.
Speaker 1: Returning on Saturday for August August seventeenth.
Speaker 5: So anyway, I just I just think that's such a neat kind of trip that you guys are going on, and it is. It's a lot, a lot different than going down to Destin for a week and soaking up sun.
Speaker 1: Have some substance to this particular trip, Yeah, it.
Speaker 7: Surely will, surely will. We're we're greatly blessed. So first thing I talked about Uh just this August first, that's called the Smart Brief for Civil Engineers article about the fourth generation of nuclear power plant in Tennessee. The nation's first fourth generation nuclear power reactors under construction, oak Ridge, Tennessee. Cairo's Power describes the demo reactor as it's called a priiso pebble bill pebble design with molten salt as a coolant.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: Wow, that's pretty high cooling plan for operation in twenty twenty seven with a capacity one hundred and forty megawats. And I always say that, you know, when talking about whether nuclear coal or natural gas power plants, when they talk about power capacity. To me, it's a true power capacity. They can rink that up to one hundred and forty megawats whenever they want, unlike with the pseudo capacities of solar and wind that are subject to the whims of Mother Nature. Yeah, so so, but interesting, Gary, Jeff, Uh, guess where the first fourth generation plant became operational in December? Guess where that was?
Speaker 1: Where? China?
Speaker 26: The Chicoms, I mean China.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Great Britain United Kingdom is reporting thirty percent more deaths due to climate change.
Speaker 1: What's the facts on that exactly, Steve.
Speaker 7: Well, this comes from the sea fact fact dot org.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Uh, they had a climate jech claim. You know, like you said, thirty percent more deaths in Europe due to climate change. This comes from the Telegraph of UK. Climate change is here and it kills death related heat related deaths of right thirty in Europe. A scorching summers hit the continent related deaths per one hundred thousand of greased by thirty one percent for the period of twenty two thousand and three to twenty twelve versus twenty thirteen to twenty twenty two. So sea fact did some check and guess what. The researchers did not actually count heat related death. Not a single death certificate was reviewed for the cause of death. All causes were included in analysis, death by car, accident, cancer, drug, ard everything. In fact, Gary Jeff, the researchers didn't even make sure that the death occurred on hot days. In fact, even cold weather deaths were counted as heat related deaths.
Speaker 5: That's how they lie, that's how they get around it. Listen, have a blessed trip. We're out of time for this morning, but have a blessed trip and we will talk to you when you return. I want to see if we have a chance to get together. I want to see pictures, but certainly I look forward to talking to you then. Steve Shulty, our environmental engineer, on a Saturday morning at seven thirteen.
Speaker 29: Meanwhile, in men chatted forest the Princess. Wait a minute, where's the princess?
Speaker 1: And she's on Maternity Lead. We're filling in while she's out.
Speaker 29: But you're Eddie and Rockie. Yeah, so what this story is supposed to be about? How the princess does nothing but listen to your show?
Speaker 1: What you know, Let's be honest. If all she ever did was listen to our show, she wouldn't be on Maternity Leader. You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 30: Oh, good point, guys, Eddie and rock Monday afternoon at three.
Speaker 1: On seven hundred w l W. In this week's Marketers Report, Angela is a paida.
Speaker 5: Costellana this morning who has been busy writing articles for Rococostellano dot com, including an article about heavy metal. Now, did you you know it's it's James Headfield the Metallica's birthday. Is that the kind of heavy metal you're talking about?
Speaker 1: Rocco? What are you what are you speaking of?
Speaker 11: No, actually, not really.
Speaker 1: Osbourne.
Speaker 11: No, we talked about those last week. Actually this week's articles. I got two articles up there at Rococastellana dot com. And one is about how Cincinnati is a very tough place to live. And it's not just the driving and and the highway construction.
Speaker 25: It's it's about allergies, the rain and and the other article is about how rain effects and all be a rainbow that we get in Cincinnati effects uh like theologies and also what because I got right right right.
Speaker 1: Roco, Roco, you're blaming the rain that we get here.
Speaker 5: We have I know, I see the certified meteorologists tell me by looking at the records, we're actually we're actually two inches to the deficit for rain.
Speaker 1: We haven't had enough rain.
Speaker 11: That's not if you live on the West Side.
Speaker 28: I gotta tell you.
Speaker 25: It rains every other day.
Speaker 11: And I'm I live.
Speaker 1: I live in south I live in Southgate.
Speaker 5: And my front lawn because I don't water it, it looks like the desert out in Arizona or somewhere in California.
Speaker 1: Without irrigation. It's it's terrible d well.
Speaker 11: I'm mowing my lawn twice a week on the west side.
Speaker 25: But here's a big thing about the rain and about uh and about allergies and about getting a pneumonia like me and my family got.
Speaker 28: Is there's something called the rain contributes to something called pollen bursting. And pollen bursting is when the rain comes down, uh, you know, like it does, and it makes.
Speaker 11: The pollen basically explode and it bursts into microparticles. Your your body actually expels of pollen usually, but when it bursts into these microparticles, it actually gets stuck up in the mucus because of the rain creates an overproduction of mucus, so these particles get trapped in the mucus and it winds up a contributing to infection and in a your respiratory system.
Speaker 5: Well see, I always thought I always thought that the rain kind of cleared out the pollen and the allergies.
Speaker 11: No, no, it actually doesn't. And that's the and that's the misconception.
Speaker 1: Uh it doesn't.
Speaker 5: You can read more at Roccocostelano dot com. He you know, he's gotten very proficient with his reading. My mother and I are very proud of him. Keep up the good works.
Speaker 10: So you got it.
Speaker 1: Time now for the Tom Davis Diaries. I like to refer to them as the.
Speaker 5: With wild, wacky, weird stories from around the world.
Speaker 1: And around the country. Here he is Tom Davis, Tom, Good morning, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 30: This week you got to catch your gators the right way or catch yourself behind bars. But first, a barber going viral because of his unique choice of tools, The Internet sensation uses a shovel to cut the hair of his customers. He keeps the end of the shovel sharp by working in the rice fields of India all day long, and then brings it into town to make a little cash on the side cutting hair. A twenty one year old woman is now behind bars after publicly shaming the woman who slept with her man.
Speaker 1: So she comes home to find the two together. They get into a fight, and then she ties a belt.
Speaker 30: Around her neck before parading her naked body out into the street.
Speaker 1: But when police showed up, it wasn't the mistress they arrested. It was the wife.
Speaker 30: Speaking of being arrested, some guy in Florida is facing charges of incorrectly capturing an alligator. Seventy one year old Robert Colin used a lasso and then tied the creature up to a handrailing. Cops arrested him after they saw a video of the whole thing. Who knew there was a wrong way to catch a gator? And finally, a poor hoarder was trying to part with some of her beloved junk by holding an auction for her most prize.
Speaker 1: Possessions, bedpans.
Speaker 30: Mary Jacobs is running out of space, so she thought she could hold a special auction for all one hundred and sixty three bedpans in her collection.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately for Mary, she didn't get even a single bit.
Speaker 30: She says she started collecting them back in nineteen eighty four, and they're clean, and they're in fantastic shape.
Speaker 1: I've heard that one before. Bedpan for sale one owner only highway miles next.
Speaker 30: Week, man Rob Burger king after coupon.
Speaker 1: Rejected, Have a great weekend.
Speaker 15: Is there a special time you like to listen to scott'sloan? Anytime I listened to Sloaney is a special time?
Speaker 1: Tell me more. I listen when I walk my dog. How about that Looney always gets his tail wagon. My dog likes to listen too. Really, I listen with my pet octopus.
Speaker 15: You should see his tentacles wave with joy.
Speaker 1: It's so cute. I guess anytime is the right time for Sloaney. That's what we've been saying.
Speaker 5: Scott's Loanday Morning at nine on seven hundred WLW and check out his podcast on the free iHeartRadio app iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Olympics updates.
Speaker 31: US men's basketball team will wrap up group play today against Puerto Rico.
Speaker 1: Kevin Durant says he's enjoyed watching this team flourish, just watching these guys operate. It's just been incredible.
Speaker 31: Meanwhile, the United States has already added to its medal count. On Saturday, Team USA took home the bronze in the rowing men's eighth event.
Speaker 1: It's the second rowing medal for the US in Paris.
Speaker 4: For NBC's live coverage from Paris, search Olympics on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Steve Are with USA Insulation. The heat is on.
Speaker 5: Forecasters are calling for the hottest summer in the Midwest ever, and if your home is not properly insulated, the day.
Speaker 2: Of rain and storm chances before we get a little bit of a break. The good news is we are not expecting any severe weather today and any showers we do see it will be scattered. We're seeing a few scattered showers to start out the morning, but better timing is going to come in the afternoon. Temperatures are starting out on the upper sixties and low seventies, then will warm up to the mid eighties, but that humidity is sticking with us, so it'll feel more like the low nineties. From your Severe Weather station, I'm nine first Morning Forecast Arena is Ellian News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 32: It's eight six in our next update coming up at eight thirty. I'm Sandy Collins News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Called three eight to one phone or visit online at Usainsallation Dot next lassa insulation.
Speaker 33: Into another hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, August third play twenty four Gary Jeff Walker And yes, I'm outside because we have the technology it's called a cell phone.
Speaker 26: I'm standing out in the front parking lot in front of our building here underneath the JP Morgan sign. And it's actually not a bad morning at all. I'm overcast. It looks like it could come down and cheats at any moment, but really not bad humidity yet so pleasant.
Speaker 11: Sometimes you just.
Speaker 26: Got to get out of the studio and feel the space, like Will Ferrell and the cow Skit on Saturday Night Live. So without any further ado, let's go to our friend's science Mike with a science minute on this Saturday morning.
Speaker 29: Yes, but as a night and scientist.
Speaker 12: He was surprising a bell binding.
Speaker 26: Me with the security guard. The security guard just to unlock the doors so I can get back in. I could get a name with us. I have keys.
Speaker 11: I'm outside, Mike, how are you?
Speaker 10: I'm inside the outside.
Speaker 1: It's not bad.
Speaker 10: It's not bad. You couldn't get burnt one of these days you could not be able to get in till nine o'clock.
Speaker 26: No, what's gonna happen is I'm going to get stuck in the elevator like that faded Saturday morning with the music professor and my wife Chris to two point zero. We were stuck in an elevator here for like a full hour, from like eight thirty until nine thirty five. I did the rest of the show on the phone. Thank god I had that, and Jim Lebarbara almost huh, what's that? No, you could use one of those one of those bedpands that Davis was talking about. Yeah right, exactly, get myself a bet well, because Jim Lebarbara almost Pete in the elevator while we were He really had to go, he said, And if he said, if my wife had not been there, he would have he would have gone in the.
Speaker 1: Corner of the elevator.
Speaker 26: And I told her that, and she said he could have gone. It wasn't a big deal to me. She was only I mean, she was the only calm one in the whole ordeal. You know, she's she's on medication for anxiety, and Jim and I are pacing around like cage lions. He's gotta he's gotta go, and I'm claustrophobic.
Speaker 10: And it was wonderful you guys around the elevator.
Speaker 26: Yeah, yeah, doing laps in the elevator. So so what do we got this morning? Michael?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 26: Real quick that to make a comment on your EV caller earlier, I don't think the EV's were ready in Chicago last year during the blizzard, but uh no, no, And there just wasn't time to argue with him. But he is one of those people who is convinced that we need to stop all fossil fuels or.
Speaker 1: We're all going to die, which is not true.
Speaker 26: This U this this topic is about late it like you and I, I know we're similar, similar in age. With just a study for for people with mild COG is an impairment, not with Alzheimer's. But they you know, it's beginning of you know, early on said you have you have issues at the beginning, and you see that in politics now. But they studied people for twenty sixteen to twenty twenty one, like three hundred people and Gary Jeff. They put the one ahead of control group where they didn't do anything, and the other one they did a very special treatment for him. They went ahead and they took them four times a week for forty five minutes a day. They did two treatments. One was we not they did exercise for him, and another one they did stretching exercises.
Speaker 25: And for this group that had the you.
Speaker 26: Know, they were in their seventies and they were sedentary to begin with, but once they started exercise and they showed no advanced, no progression of any cognitive impairment. In other words, it maintained where it was at the beginning. Of the of the study, and there's other other studies out there that said a view exercise, you probably have about forty five percent less chance of getting Alzheimer's dementia in your lifetime. So one of the attributes of getting off of the butts and getting out there. But you know, you and i osteopathically speaking, you know, you have a lot of pain when you when you get to be seventy, so it's hard exercise, so kind of a limitation for for older people. You know, the the ties between the slowing or prevention of alzheimer and exercise, physical exercise have been known for a while now, and they're they're just finding more and more that you know, use it or lose it basically, whether it's your brain or your body. And it makes perfect sense to me, Well, now they have these new drugs out for for to prevent it. On there's like one hundred thousand dollars a year for treatment, and and and and they finding exercise is just his equivalents all these all this medication that they are trying to push forward to listen for everything, for every everything, for everything that ails us Michael, whether it's Alzheimer's, whether it's obesity, whether it's diabetes, whether it's heart issues, there are simple things we can do lifestyle wise to avoid all the medication. We just choose to try and take the so called easy way out, and it happens it with many different maladies, there's no question.
Speaker 10: Yeah, all right, man, Well, thank you very much.
Speaker 20: Good stuff as always.
Speaker 26: All right, all right to Science Mike with us on the Saturday morning edition. We move along on seven hundred wlwan Ah vacation time.
Speaker 4: You know, it doesn't matter where you go, you can always listen to seven hundred WLW on our live stream. So whether you're heading to Dinosaurs Date Park to hunt fossils or making a quick trip to East Lynneublar to see the real thing, and may I suggest it be a really quick trip.
Speaker 1: You can always take us along wherever you go.
Speaker 4: Just listen to the seven hundred WLW live stream on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a.
Speaker 5: Nice outside, and I can tell you that because I've just been out. It's not incredible, but it's okay. It's okay outside, and it's gonna be okay most of the day. There are still some chances of scattered showers today. Really cloudy right now, more sunshine this afternoon, a high a round eighty seven or so tomorrow mostly sunny, and ninety one sunny on Monday, and ninety three and Tuesday up to eighty nine with again nary a drop of rain in sight. But then what did they know, They're just certified meteorologists.
Speaker 1: iHeartRadio Olympics update us Men's which we do that is by offering for you to hear the word of God, the Holy Bible. Rick Green's here.
Speaker 8: With us lot of mine, that is shine, miss.
Speaker 5: I'm yeah, Brother Rick Green of Spirit Works, Cincinnati on the telephone with us again on a Saturday morning, and Brother Green, I am so glad that we're going to get together later and do a butt God podcast. We haven't done one for several weeks and it's definitely time and it's something that I need. I mean, I personally need this. That the edification of having other believers around me and and hearing the testimony of somebody who whose life is changed by Jesus and bye bye Father God. So I'm looking forward to that and we will see you in a little while for that. Right now, what have you got for us.
Speaker 1: Today?
Speaker 27: Coming from Jeremiah, Chapter seventeen, verse seven, It says, but blessed the one who trust in the Lord, who confidence.
Speaker 10: Is in him. Amen, Garry, I stand on that one every day.
Speaker 1: I am nothing without God.
Speaker 5: Yes I know, and I'm reminded of that daily that i am nothing without God. I'll see your Jeremiah, and you said seventeen seven, and raise you a Romans eight, verses three and four. For what the law was powerless to do, and that it was weakened by the sinful nature. God did by sending his own son, in the likeness of sinful man, to be a sin offering for us. And so he condemned sin and sinful man in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature, but according to the spirit.
Speaker 8: And man.
Speaker 1: I love the Word of God.
Speaker 26: It's definitely the best soulful ever created.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it well. I'll see it in a little while, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Okay, I'm a buthday, Gary, it already is. Thanks for the visit. Rick Green from Spirit Work, Cincinnati. I can't wait to see the movie of his life because it's going to be the story is amazing if you've never heard Rick Green tell his story, but to see it in film, I'm looking forward to that. Eighteen at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This morning at nine, Mike.
Speaker 5: Allen takes a stand and then eventually a seat once his legs get tired.
Speaker 1: On seven hundred WLW, it's the Marketers report.
Speaker 2: We have one more day of rain and storm chances before we get a little bit of a break. The good news is we are not expecting any severe weather today and any showers we do see it will be scattered. We're seeing a few scattered showers to start out the morning, but better timing is going to come in the afternoon. Temperatures are starting out in the upper sixties and low seventies, then will warm up to the mid eighties, but that humidity is sticking with us, so it'll feel more like the low nineties. From your Severe Weather station, I'm nine First Morning Forecast Aorna Azelian News Radio, seven hundred w LW.
Speaker 1: Seven one hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Sports, the Olympics continue, We got a reds report. We got Bengals training camp going on the first preseason or fake football game next Thursday.
Speaker 1: For your Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 5: And with all of that going on, we have scandal at the University of Kentucky and the athletics department, specifically the football team, and they're having to give up or four foot all these one games from what the twenty one season.
Speaker 16: William, Yeah, the NCAA came down and those violations regarding the University of Kentucky football and swimming programs, and according to the NCAA, that was impermissible benefits to the football program.
Speaker 1: Here's and I'll cover this with mo.
Speaker 5: What strikes me on about this And it's kind of like, Okay, now they're just paying student athletes for their name, image and likeness. What's the difference between a no show job and getting paid for your name and your likeness?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I don't it's kind of a It's obviously a harry area. But last year, Chris Rodriguez Junior, the Kentucky running back, was suspended to start the year and he had a duy, so he was suspended for that, but there was also a bigger issue and I believe this was the reason he was really suspended. He was one of the eleven players that showed up for the no show jobs, and I believe it's with the UK Hospital. So I don't know if it involves credit hours, and that would make them ineligible if they're not showing up to these classes that they're getting paid for, and that would probably get way more hairy than a no show job or like an nil gig.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean this kind of stuff has gone on in college athletics for eons different places, and this time UK caught in the trap. We'll see what the after effects, what the resonation mean down the line for UK athletics, especially their football and swimming programs.
Speaker 1: All right, Next up the bad news. The Reds.
Speaker 5: Go down three zip to the Giants last night. I guess the good news, if there is any in that game from a baseball fans perspective, is you got to see another no hitter pitch by Blake Snell.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Blake Snell to his first career no hitter last night and the Red Legs felt to the Giants three to zero. The Red Legs are back in action to night at seven to fifteen, hopefully looking to get a hit and score some runs. First pitch seven to fifteen. Inside pitch begins at six fifteen. You can list that game on the home of the Red seven hundred WLW. It's been feaster famine for this ball club all year long. Either they're scoring twelve runs or they're not getting on the board, not even getting on base hardly, just a few walks last night. They kept that from being a perfect game by Blake Snell. Let's see Bengals training camp continues. Joe Burrow will play in Thursday night's preseason game.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Big difference in the last few years for the of the Bengals. Last couple of years, Zach Taylor has not played his starters in the preseason games. But this year, I guess after the last few slow starts and injuries that have occurred, people might get hurt either way, so you might as well play them. Get them some reps, some game reps that you can't replicate in practice.
Speaker 1: Pat Noon in the FC Cincinnati coach suspended.
Speaker 16: Yeah for the next match first Inner Miami, who was in first place in the Eastern Conference at the moment.
Speaker 15: It was for the red card he received two MLS games ago.
Speaker 16: He served his suspension the last MLS game of the season before the break, and now they've just came back and review the red card situation, and they decided it needed one more game.
Speaker 1: All right, anything else on this late bro day eight.
Speaker 15: Of the Paris Olympics.
Speaker 16: The United States leads all countries with forty four total medals, but they're fifth in gold medals with nine. Some of the highlights for today someone Biles looks to reclaim gold, and the women's vault final at ten to twenty. Team USA men's basketball squad concluded its third and final game of pool play, taking on Puerto Rico at eleven fifteen. At once ten, Shikari Richardson goes for goal in the women's hundred meter dash, and the cycling men's road race has been going on, and track and field qualifying continues currently in swimming qualifying heats are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they and the US women's field hockey team right now wrapped up in the fourth quarter with about ten minutes left, and they are leading one nil. In that kind I mean, they're they're kind of cute, the women's female hockey players kind of mousey too, but I love.
Speaker 8: That, all right.
Speaker 5: The fact of the matter is, as far as we know, all of the women's field hockey players, at least for the USA, are actually women. This is his name Amen Khalif from Algeria, the supposed women's boxer who pummeled the real woman he was battling in the I can't even call him a she because he's not.
Speaker 1: He's a dude.
Speaker 5: Should never be allowed in a boxing ring with a woman, a biological woman. And I don't know what it's going to take in our society for people to finally wake up and go there's a reason that there are men's events and women's events in the Olympics. If you have X Y chromosome, you should be competing in the men's competition. If you have XX chromosome, you should be competing in the women's competition. And now the two should mix unless it is specifically a mixed sport like mixed doubles or mixed archery or whatever. And I refuse to use the word trans because all that means is someone who is mentally confused about what sex they are when they were born, that is their sex, what chromosomes they have that is their sex, or people like to say gender. Can we once and for all just agree that men are men. Sometimes men are more effeminate than other men.
Speaker 1: It happens.
Speaker 5: That doesn't mean they're women, cut it out, people, deal with what God gave you for crying out loud and I am I know, I'm sorry. Gifts from Wally coming up, and then a visit with Moegger. As we continue on this Saturday morning edition on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 17: Sarah Spain with Iheartwomen's Sports presented by Capital One. Team USA basketball looks for its fifty eighth consecutive win on Sunday at eleven fifteen am Eastern when they face Germany in the finale of group s play. This is Germany's first trip to the Olympics, and though they came in ranked nineteenth in the world, they upset Belgium and then beat Japan. Both teams already qualified for the quarterfinals because they both won two games in group play. For more women's sports story, subscribe a Good Game with Sarah Spain on iHeart Podcasts with.
Speaker 1: No fees or minimums and no overdraft fees.
Speaker 3: Banking with Capital One is the easiest decision in the history of decisions.
Speaker 32: That's stay with a high end the mid to upper eighties, but then no more rain for the next few days. Tonight will drop down to around seventy Tomorrow back to ninety one and then nineties for most of next week. Right now in Cincinnati, it is seventy one degrees. I'm Sandy Collins eight thirty six and our next update at nine on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Good Morning, Kid Time Well gifts from Wally A sign in a restaurant and food for thought. Sign in a restaurant window says, if you order it, we don't have it instantly. When a million dollars guy walking by the side, he said, I got to see what this is all about.
Speaker 1: He sits down with a smirk on his face.
Speaker 5: The waiter asks for his order, and he says, yeah, like white rhinoceros stew. Surprisingly, a few minutes later, the waiter returns with a steaming bowl of exactly that white rhinoceros stew. The man like eats the expensive stew and leaves angrily after paying.
Speaker 1: He's got to try this again. He's not giving up.
Speaker 5: The next day, he returns with the same smirk and orders bullet ants stuffed with dolphin meat. Sure enough, the waiter promptly brings him his requested dish. Once again, He's just he's just really mad.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: He eats the meal, pays, and leaves in frustration.
Speaker 5: The very next day, he sits down and asks for a lactating mermaid breast sandwich. After a few minutes, the waiter returns with a large double bag containing one million dollars. Ecstatic, the man exclaims, I knew it. You don't have mermaid breast. The waiter politely responds and says, we actually do, sir, we just ran out of bread.
Speaker 4: Seven hundred l dummy and iHeart Radio Station, the exclusive audio home of NBC's coverage of the twenty twenty four Paris Olympics.
Speaker 5: In today's Marketers Report, Kate Cronin, chief brand officer of Moderna weighs in on the speed of.
Speaker 1: Audio owning man see a fighting man. He's back again tonight, Folks pitch in.
Speaker 10: And moaning on and on.
Speaker 1: At the time I had.
Speaker 19: Inbout Tuesday, it'd say that girl.
Speaker 1: As good as gone.
Speaker 18: Luke kombe now and Thursday came in around. Now is all alone, and you know what, this guy's back too. I don't know if there's wait there.
Speaker 5: Ostensibly there could be as many people listening as will be listening tonight at pay Course Stadium. It's it's possible with the great reach of this radio station, although I'm doing my best to make sure that number is smaller. Apparently. Moe Egger joins us on a Saturday morning, Hey Mo, what's up?
Speaker 1: Well? You are up all right?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Categories? Uh?
Speaker 5: You pick them A B or C? Which one would you like? A A no hitter last night at Great American Ballpark a thing of wonder?
Speaker 1: Or is it just more of the Reds bats being uh insufficient?
Speaker 26: Well, when you have a lineup where your clean up guy is a dude who got DSA eight days before, that's not great. But that doesn't take anything away from a great picture I had. I had the same feeling after two innings last night that I had when Roy Halladay no hit the Reds in the playoffs in twenty ten, where you just saw the stuff that he had, You saw the command that he had, You saw how he was toying with the hitters, and you saw it. Okay, we might see something here now. Blake Snell had never thrown a complete game before, and in this day and age where starters don't go as deep, you know, whenever a guy's thrown a no no. Into the later innings, you kind of wonder, okay, is it going to be around to get a chance to finish it. But well, you just had a sense with how efficient he was and how dominant he was, this is going to be a really long night for the Reds. So I don't want to take anything away from Blake Snow. This is not a good offensive team, and it's not a good offensive team when you're a cleanup hitters Ty France, who the Seattle Mariners in the middle of the Pennant race gave up on. But that doesn't take anything away from Look, there have been fluky no hitters. There have been no hit is thrown by guys who you know, frankly ultimately weren't very good. He smells won a couple of cy young It felt like always a matter of time before he got.
Speaker 10: A chance to throw one, and he took advantage of it last night.
Speaker 5: Well, there have been no hitters thrown by pitchers who were on acid in the middle of it. All right, Uh so you picked a let's go be men punching women in the face for metals, yay or nay?
Speaker 10: If it actually happens nay.
Speaker 5: What do you mean if it actually happens. We saw it happened at the Paris Olympics. No we didn't, No, we didn't. Okay, not a biological man who calls himself a woman the boxer.
Speaker 10: Have you seen have you seen this person's penis?
Speaker 5: It's not about penises, it's about chromosomes. X Y is male, xx's female?
Speaker 1: Science? What based on science? What x X a female? X ex is female? X y is male? Based on science as long as we've had biology science.
Speaker 10: So are you referring to the Algerian boxer. Yes, and you're you know for a fact, that's the man.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean you got me there. But if he is, if he is, if she is actually a he? Yeah, your nay?
Speaker 1: That was the question.
Speaker 10: I guess. No I am. I am opposed to men competing and women's sporting events. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I didn't need an elongated answer. It was kind of a yes or no question. That's why I said, yeah, r nay.
Speaker 26: But okay, person, the person, the This isn't really hard to look up. I mean I've watched people in the unending, exhausting culture wars lose their minds over this, and I haven't found anybody credible who would suggest the competitor involved here, who comes from a place where chance being transgender is elite.
Speaker 10: And punished, is a man. Yeah.
Speaker 26: If we were to find out definitively that they are, well, no, they shouldn't be competing.
Speaker 10: That hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 5: Okay, see you answered the question, no, no problem, all right. The c question is also Olympic related. Do you have a favorite Olympic sport that you don't pay attention to anytime but the Olympics. What would it be and what have you seen this year to really spark your magic? I have loved watching the Olympics. I have I have loved watching swimming, I have loved watching I love watching the gymnastics. I've loved watching the track and field competition. I mean everything, everything about the Olympics is so special to me that I you know, I can't help but tune in.
Speaker 1: I've been hooked. I've been. I've been. I might as well had an IV in my arms shooting shooting. Olympics.
Speaker 26: The past week, well, every every sport that you just mentioned, yes, prim for me swimming and then this week track and field, because on some level to me. Those are two sports we can all relate to. Right, We've all been, We've all swam, we we've all been, you know, as kids at least ask to swim laps, and we've all had to take track and field.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 26: I've never participated in any sort of gymnastics activity, but I do really enjoy watching it. But those, each of those three, I get really sucked into. I want to know as much about the competitors as possible, and then for the next three years and fifty weeks, I forget about them, and I hate myself for it. But the swimming competitions have been awesome, and the gymnastic competitions well, of which star are so many, right, especially swimming, It's like it's hard to keep track of how many there are, but uh there They're a lot of fun to watch. And what I enjoy most about the swimming coverage is the NBC broadcast crew of Dan Hicks and Rowdy Gaines. Yes, because I put on social media the other night, I would I would watch those guys call it football games like those dudes are like, you know, Doc Yellis threw a no hitter on acid. Those guys are calling an Olympic sporting event on speed and uh for the for the viewer, it enhances the experience.
Speaker 5: Roddy Gaines sounds and my wife said, this, Rowdy Gaines sounds a little bit voice vocally sounds a little bit like Tracy Jones. So we were kind of chomping on that a little bit.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 5: But I love to hear him. I love to hear Dan Hickson. Rowdy Gaines call is what I have loved about the swimming competition. And people will always go Katie Luedecki right, and no, the wonder that is Leon Marshaan. Yes, And the Olympics has a Michael Jordan in swimming and Leon Marshawn you can say Michael Phelps whatever because of all the ties obviously, and these same kind of performances.
Speaker 1: And they have a Caitlin Clark.
Speaker 5: They have a Michael Jordan and a Caitlin Clark and swimming Katie Ledecki being the Kaitlin Clark figure and Leon Marshan being the Michael Jordan type figure that have the it factor and all that talent.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 10: And as much as I do and we all root for American athletes, I always think it's fun to watch an athlete who has success in his or her home country.
Speaker 11: Yes, I always think it's it's really I just think that's it's neat.
Speaker 26: It's neat to see the crowd sort of wrap their arms around the athlete. And I root for the Americans first, but up, but on a human level, to be able to stand there on the podium and hear your country's national anthem in front of your fellow country people, is it's really really cool? And Marshannon has obviously gotten a chance to take advantage of the opportunity multiple times this week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's and pretty pretty crazy to wash it. I even love the hammer throw. I just tune in there's a hammer throw.
Speaker 10: Well, the hammer throw always looks to me like like if I tried that, my arm would go with the hammer.
Speaker 1: Oh exactly.
Speaker 5: It's the old Saturday Night Live bit where the weightlifter picks up this and his arms just rip off and he's standing there, you know, arterial spurting out of his out of his shoulders.
Speaker 1: Let's see one more thing. Bengals training camp.
Speaker 5: Joe Burrow will play next Thursday night in the fake football game. Yes, is this a is this a good thing is, are they changing it up because of the slow starts and the injuries.
Speaker 1: Uh, well, what's going on there?
Speaker 5: Just to correct you, Oh, the game is Saturday.
Speaker 26: Yeah, it's a necessary evil. Yeah, it's a necessary evil.
Speaker 10: I hate it. I hate it, but I understand it. I will watch that.
Speaker 26: I will watch Joe Burrow in a preseason game the way I will eventually watch my daughter try to drive a car. But you know, we've talked about it often the last two, you know, Septembers. They've got to figure out a way to break a balance between protecting everybody's availability and being more equipped to compete early in the season. And you can't sit there and watch them every September get off to a zero and two start, get off to a one and three start, and not want to see them change things a little bit in the run up to the regular season. And look, the schedule is soft Week one. Schedule is not soft Week two. When they played the Kansas City Chiefs, they've got to go into that game hitting the ground running. And for a team that I think has legitimate Super Bowl aspirations, the best way to achieve those aspirations is to get the number one seed. I think they've played themselves out of contention. They certainly did two years ago when they still had an excellent season. They have looked clunky and not on the same page and ill prepared, and there have been reasons for that. I think you have to use the preseason to sort of change things a little bit. And so there is a part of me that hates the idea of any player of consequence playing in a preseason game. But when you're a franchise that has the potential that the Bengals do and you have the recent issues getting off the slow starts, I think you have to modify how you do things in August, and the Bengals are going to do that. I don't love it, but I get it all right.
Speaker 25: There you go.
Speaker 5: I can't wait for football, and that you want to talk about in my team's the Chiefs. So that that opening game next Thursday, not next Thursday, but Thursday, September eighth, the Chiefs and the Ravens come on.
Speaker 1: Does it get any better than that?
Speaker 26: No?
Speaker 10: And you know, think of this from a Bengals perspective, right, I mean, who are you root for?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 26: But genially go to your root for because if you think God, they can go to Kansas City and win. You know you're gonna get two cracks at Baltimore, including one of them week five. If you know, Kansas City lost their opener last year at home against Detroit, so you know, you go, Okay, Well, if if Baltimore beats them week one and we go there week two, we could ostensibly have a two game lead over the Kansas City Chiefs going into week three. That's pretty good and we still get a chance to take care of the Baltimore Ravens. Or hey, look, Cincinnati has a chance to you know, they should beat the Patriots in their first game. If case he wins, you know you're up early on the Ravens.
Speaker 10: Which is not a bad thing. But you're right. I mean, the star power in that game, rematching the AFC title till I can't wait. I can't wait for that, and I can't wait for the Bengals to play a game that counts in five weeks. Five weeks from tomorrow.
Speaker 1: All right, mo, just remember doc Elis on Acid no hitter.
Speaker 10: So also, also, I got to say Penis on your show for.
Speaker 26: The first time, So this was a segment.
Speaker 1: Well, if that's what qualifies for you. I'm glad take care of counselor what's going on. I don't know how you top that.
Speaker 5: Apparently from from my friend Rob who e mails me occasionally at Gary Jeff Walker at seven hundred WLW dot com. That guy speaking of the female boxer from Algeria did fail a female test.
Speaker 1: Moe needs to do a little homework, he said. But I wanting to argue with.
Speaker 23: Well, there was another one too at Taiwanese uh I guess man pretending to be a.
Speaker 5: One Olympic boxer who failed gender test, battling battering female applotment. My point was, if it's xx chromosomally you're female, that's science.
Speaker 1: It ain't all He denied science.
Speaker 5: When I was talking with him at x Y is male xx is it's pretty damn according to what science?
Speaker 1: Well, that's science.
Speaker 23: And let me ask you on what planet in what universe? Is that fair to these young women that work their tails off. They're in the Olympics and the next thing you know, they're facing a man pretending to be a woman. How is that fair under anyone's calculation?
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 5: That's not fair in boxing, not fair in swimming, not fair in any competitive sport that requires physicality, muscle, and overall body structure. It's just you can take all the hormones you want. You can even cut the junk off a guy. If he was born a male, he's still a male. I'm sorry, It's pretty damn simple in my mind. We are going to be talking about that today with James Bogan, former college athlete. We're going to go all over that at eleven o'clock.
Speaker 1: All right, what else is on the show.
Speaker 23: Well, we're gonna be talking about white dudes for Kamal a new group that's out there. Boy, there's some funny stuff in there.
Speaker 5: What does it matter if she's South Asian, Indian, if she's African American, she's actually Indian and Jamaican. And you know, the two things that Barack Obama, the only two things Barack Obama and Kamala Harris have in common besides political party and their obvious leftist leanings, are the fact that both of their grandfathers were slave traders.
Speaker 23: Oh, I didn't know that, well, ancestors. Yes, well, I'll tell you what you know. Obama's calling the shots on all of this stuff. Of course, the thing I heard this week the entire administration of jil to endorse Kamala so So Biden in order to piss off Barack endorsed her. So there's some stuff going on in that party. But the die is cast. I mean, Trump's running against her.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter what her ethnicity is. The only thing that matters is she is wholly in common. It's always has been.
Speaker 23: And you know, I think I'd rather have a non compassment as Joe Biden than her running the country. For the reason you just said, the woman is frightening. She's got no personality, she's got no real plan for anything.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 23: Like I said, I'd rather have a crazy Joe Biden than a radical Kamalade Harris.
Speaker 5: She's got the mainstream media behind her and unbelievable tons of money from the demic donors who were holding back until Joe Biden nodded out.
Speaker 23: Thirteen days has gone by since she's announced.
Speaker 1: She has not answered one question. No, not one.
Speaker 5: She won't either. If they can hide her, they'll do the same thing they did with Joe and twenty.
Speaker 1: It's just unbelievable.
Speaker 23: I can't believe that we're letting this happen and Trump's going to have to do it all with paid media, and he's already starting that.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about that too, all right, anything else of note, No, that's about it.
Speaker 23: Talk to yid Man at eleven thirty about the Red Stellar performance last night once again, and as Mo said, they're just not very good offensively, they just don't have a lot of pop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And then they were up against the pitcher who had fifteen strikeouts the last game that he pitched before the hit, Yeah, before the no hitter lead Blake snow Uh. Hopefully better luck today at Great American Ballpark. All that action right here, the after the show show at Huddles. If you want to come on by, we will be there. And Paddlefest going on as we speak, which just looks like a lot of fun. Have a fantastic weekend. We'll talk to you soon, Mike Allen, Saturday midday next on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty four.
Speaker 34: This is a seven hundred WLW position battle breakdown no Moegger.
Speaker 20: For the first time.
Speaker 22: Since twenty seventeen, the Bengals begin training camp without Joe Mixon. He was traded this offseason to the Houston Texas a familiar face, though does return in the backfield. Chase Brown comes back for his second season. After showing some flashes of explosiveness as a rookie, he looks for a bigger role. The new guy is Zach Moss. He comes over from Indianapolis as a free agent. Cincinnati is looking for more explosiveness from him. The main question, though, is who's the third running back. Trevion Williams has been with the Bengals since twenty nineteen and Chris Evans has been with the team since twenty twenty one. Behind those two are undrafted college free agents Noah Kine and Elijah Collins, and as camp gets underway, this is a position to pay attention to, with veteran free agents still on the market and a slew of perhaps capable players who will be let go around the league on cutdown.
Speaker 34: Noh has more on seven hundred WLW, the Home of the Best Bengals Coverent.
Speaker 2: We have one more day of rain and storm chances before we get a little bit of a break. The good news is we are not expecting any severe weather today and any showers we do see it will be scattered. We're seeing a few scattered showers to start out the morning, but better timing is going to come in the afternoon. Temperatures are starting out in the upper sixties and low seventies than will warm up to the mid eighties, but that humidity is sticking with us, so it'll feel more like the low nineties. From your severe weather station, I'm nine first Morning Forecaster or Anna Azelian News Radio seven hundred WLW I Heard Radio.
Speaker 1: It's the exclude