Speaker 1: Andy, did you hear that? Come on, will you?
Speaker 2: Did I hear what?
Speaker 1: That whistle?
Speaker 2: That's the Rinso white whistle, and Rinso means us.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: Rinso gets calls Rinsol white, and Rinso presents the Amos and Andy show. Rinso for a washtats rin Rinsol for a washstats Rinso Rinso white and Rinso Bright. Those swell soulphy rich SuDS get shirts and sheets, towels and table linens, gleaming white and lovely washable colors stay fresh and bright safely through wash after rinsol washed. That's why women everywhere are saying, Rinso for me.
Speaker 4: Wash Day's a cinch with those peppy Rinso SuDS.
Speaker 3: And ladies, you will be mighty proud of the results. Next wash day, get Renso for a Wrensoul whitewash, Arensol bright wash, and now are stars, Amos and Andy. It seems there's been an epidemic of breach of promise suits in Andy Brown's life recently, and now that the latest one against him has been dropped, Andy is in his office telling Amos and the kingfish off his new design for living.
Speaker 5: No more women, I.
Speaker 2: Tell you, fellows it's the truth.
Speaker 6: I was tired of these breach of promise suits and I ain't going out with no more women, and that's final.
Speaker 7: Well, bro, then they're staying away from women's is gonna keep you.
Speaker 1: Out of trouble?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 8: Yeah, but there's only one thing, you know, these breach of promise suits you done had in they kind of hit you by surprise. Now that you was cleaned of all women, why don't you make sure that there ain't some other gale around here that you done proposed to and forgot about it.
Speaker 2: Well, now there's a coinsulace right there.
Speaker 6: I was just checking up on that very thing before you fellas come in here. I was halfway through my address book. Now see there here the is ees up to the elves.
Speaker 1: Oh the hell's huh?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Now let me see the next one here, Eleanor Now, I know I didn't propose.
Speaker 6: To her brother, that one you can cross off. Yeah, Now the next shell I got your Elsie. I know I didn't propose to her neither. She's the big pat one with all the double chins.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, I remember seeing you with that one once.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, she got a muscle, double chins. All right, oh yeah.
Speaker 6: I never knowed which was her chins and which was her lips. I never knowed where to kiss her.
Speaker 2: We didn't, huh.
Speaker 6: I finally worked out her sister though, What was that Anna, I'd hold a piece of candy up to her face and whatever opened up for it, that's what i'd care.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was a smart idea, sort of using the candy, thought of a range find him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's well.
Speaker 8: Up to now, Andy, you seem to be pretty much in declared with the gal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I can't think of nobody that could cause me no sueing trouble. Not a single gal. I wait a minute, there is one that I just thunk of that I might have preposed her. Yeah, there is one that I oh, hello, Henry, Hello boy, Hello, I was just out shopping with my wife that i'd stop in.
Speaker 2: We met that Sylvia Adams. She was shopping for her true saul. That's the one I members now.
Speaker 6: I preposed to her about two weeks ago, when I was sitting on a sofa ware when I asked her to marry me, she just smiled. I never didn't figure out whether she smiled yes or smiled no.
Speaker 2: Well, from what I see to her shopping today.
Speaker 6: I would say that she definitely smiled in the infirmative. Henry, is you show that it was a truth sold that she was buying? Well, I seed her by a long white dress. It had orange blossoms embroidered all over it. She bought sort of a net veil that went over her heead. And most important of all, there was a long train behind her.
Speaker 2: Do that long train behind.
Speaker 1: Her make her a bride? Bro then it don't make no engineer.
Speaker 6: Well, fellas they got me again. I can't stand another breach of promise.
Speaker 1: You well, what is he gonna do?
Speaker 6: Come on, King Frish, We're going over to see my lawyer, Gabby Gibson.
Speaker 1: Oh dare you Gabby?
Speaker 8: And it feels pretty sure that steals your atoms is gonna sue him for breaching promos.
Speaker 1: Now, how are you gonna handle the thing?
Speaker 6: Well, first we got to see if he's got a case. Yes, and even got to see if he's got a case. I know we'll claim that. And wasn't in his right man mind when he proposed he was a little testing the head. Oh but Gabby, I was the same as I always good. We got a case, But Gabby you don't get the idea. I don't want to be sued at all.
Speaker 5: Oh, I see what you mean. I see what you mean. He wants to be what's noting the legal profession as sue proud.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's the exactly the idea, Gabby.
Speaker 6: Well it becomes suit prooved. There's only one way, only one way. If you was in Darman, if you was a soldier, you couldn't sue. Nobody can sue a soldier.
Speaker 2: Well wait a minute, yeah, wait a minute.
Speaker 6: You think I is in good enough condition to pass the physical for the army?
Speaker 1: Oh and that don't be crazy. You got all you can do to pass the physical.
Speaker 10: For being a civilian. Yes, indeed, I guess you're right.
Speaker 5: That fat on him? Look at that fat.
Speaker 6: Now wait a minute, Gabby, there's plenty of muscle there.
Speaker 5: Quand where in my arm here?
Speaker 6: Feel it? Let me feel him. People's getting two red ration points, will turning into that stuff?
Speaker 9: Ah?
Speaker 8: Weird a minute, yere, I got another idea. Since and they can't get into him, why can't he borrow a soldier's uniform just long enough to see the girl and convince her that she can't sue him?
Speaker 1: Because he's in the armen that will end it.
Speaker 6: Oh, King Fisher got a great idea, and it just so happens that Larry Simpson just got a medical discharge from the Army.
Speaker 2: I can borrow his uniform.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you certainly got to right take these steps, because at all the beach of promiseus you has had you show up in a victim, a victim of the laws, supplying the.
Speaker 2: Man the sublime demand.
Speaker 6: How you figure that, Well, it's always the women who supply the trouble, and the man who gets it that's supplying the man if ire of the head. Just now, let's go back to the lodge hall and hear the mystic Nights of the Sea quartet singing Running Wild.
Speaker 11: Run running loss controls running Wi murdy boy, christ to helping mine all the time, never bo, always.
Speaker 9: Go, don't know when, always so, I don't care, non up.
Speaker 3: My body is not a fire alone, run wild.
Speaker 9: I'm running way lost the pa running away.
Speaker 1: Like I'm just running. I'm just running wind, just running wine, just running wild.
Speaker 6: You know, King Fisher would so nice of that fellow lend me his uniform.
Speaker 2: I would look on me.
Speaker 1: Well, let me see your end of the legings look pretty good.
Speaker 8: Their pants seem to fit already, the jagged with the belt, and yeah, the brains buttons don't look bad, neither only thing? And uh, why are you wearing that steel?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 6: Well, this fellow I buy the uniform from, don't give his cloth hat to his little nephew for a souvenir. And all they had left was his helmet.
Speaker 8: Now the next thing we gotta do, kiss Sylvia Adams assure, is to figure out what these campaign ribbons is on your chest?
Speaker 1: What they mean?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I gotta know that.
Speaker 1: Well, now let us see here.
Speaker 8: There's a red one there with some white strapes. There there's the yellow one with the green and blue and there they wait a minute, what's this pink ribbon? I never seen one like that on a soldier before.
Speaker 6: Or well, I slapped that one on there myself kind of helped the color scheme.
Speaker 1: But Ander, you can't do that.
Speaker 8: You see, every ribbon on there means that you has been in action, and pink, pink means gals.
Speaker 6: Well, then I really earned that ribbon. I look at it, I look at you. You might have been in a campaign with a gal. But they don't give ribbons for that.
Speaker 7: Now, now wait a minute, that yellow ribbon, there's.
Speaker 1: Got two little stars on it. Look at that two stars and wonder what that means.
Speaker 2: Well, generals wear stars, don't they.
Speaker 8: Hey, that's right, Anna, and you got two two stars. Andrew you was a major general?
Speaker 2: Is huh? Oh?
Speaker 9: Boy?
Speaker 2: That shows hold it, hold it, hold it, hold it, hold it. What's the matter?
Speaker 7: You was a major general on the chairs, but on your sleeve he was only.
Speaker 1: A corpor Yes, and now look here. It must be some other reason for them two stars.
Speaker 8: Oh we wait a minute, I remember now, yeah, I remember the thing, reading it in the newspaper.
Speaker 1: One, yeah, you know what that little beds there with the two star.
Speaker 7: I remember reading it in the paper that said them.
Speaker 8: Stars means battles that you was in. Oh I do, yeah, And we better decide what them battles was. Now in case the Sylvia Adams asked you, now, let me think, let me see you now what the battle?
Speaker 2: How about bunker Hell?
Speaker 8: There you go again. How can you say something stupid like that? And the Battle of Bunker Hill wasn't in this war, and.
Speaker 2: Or it wasn't Nord was in the Last World War?
Speaker 6: Well, well, where can I say the battle was I gotta know where I've been fighting. I know what the teller teller you fought in the Battle of Sicily.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, where is Sicily?
Speaker 1: I know what it was coming? I knowed it was coming.
Speaker 7: Ain't those stories you ever been as ignorant.
Speaker 1: As you is?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 8: If I was your lieutenant, dot, have you peeling potatoes.
Speaker 1: For the rest of the war?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, where is Sicily?
Speaker 8: Listen, dumb, Here Sicily is in the northern part of France. Cicely and France in the northern part. Now, come here, look on the war here on the map. Heere, I'm sure Now Lemba's playing the thing to you with my finger.
Speaker 1: Now look at here, cis lord to be ready about.
Speaker 8: Now there's the northern part of France, now Sicily or ought to be read about.
Speaker 1: See there's the northern port.
Speaker 6: We got you, now, hey, kingfish, Wait a minute, look way down here by Italy there's since Le all by itself.
Speaker 1: Where right there?
Speaker 7: Hm moved it right out of France, didn't it.
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Never mind, I'll think it's something to tell her when I sees that.
Speaker 8: Now look here when you walk into it, though, Now, when you walk in her house.
Speaker 1: Act military like a soldier. Yeah.
Speaker 7: The more military you is, the most you'll believe you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, I better be getting on over there. One more thing now, now, look at you. Don't look like a soldier with them side burns on your face. There, You better get yourself a military haircut.
Speaker 6: Yeah all right, I'll go right over the shortage barbershop and get.
Speaker 7: One and listen on it till this thing blows over.
Speaker 8: Let people think you as a real soldier that goes for Shorty too.
Speaker 6: Leave it to me, Kingfish. I'll see you later. Look, Shorty, don't look surprised. I've been in the army since last week. I as a real soldier.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and you as a carple too. They should move you up fast than.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 6: All you got to do is look at me and you'll see why.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you should make a good soldier. You are a perfect fighting man.
Speaker 9: You get to tip. Didn't look for the army, sit and lucky to get you. They're taking anybody into.
Speaker 6: It, is that, so listen there was plenty glad to get me and boy a show feel.
Speaker 2: Great being in the military service.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 12: I was in the Navy one I enlisted in the war of nineteen twenty five.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, shorty, there was no war in nineteen twenty six.
Speaker 9: That's why I enlisted. It was safer.
Speaker 2: So you was a sailor. Huh shure?
Speaker 1: They Yeah.
Speaker 9: But I didn't like it though, Andy.
Speaker 12: I had to sleep in a hammet for three years and I couldn't stand it.
Speaker 9: And I found out what was wrong?
Speaker 2: Well, what'd you find out?
Speaker 9: You know something?
Speaker 12: You're supposed to hang both ends of the hammet from the same hook.
Speaker 6: Well, listen, I ain't got no more time left for talking. Let me put my helmet down here and get up in your chair. I want you to give me a military haircut you do, Yeah.
Speaker 1: What kind of a military haircut does you want? Andy?
Speaker 2: What kind of you got?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 12: First, they're the regular one where I cussed their hair right down there by the half ends. Then they're the extreme where the extreme where I cussed their hair down to the scalp. And then they're they're permanent.
Speaker 2: Military haircut is permanently.
Speaker 12: Yeah, no cutting, I just uproots the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Well, give me the regular one, shorty, plugging them clippers and make it snap.
Speaker 9: It okay, and here we go, Sugar a bumby scalp.
Speaker 6: Shorty, hurry up and finish the haircut with this.
Speaker 9: I'm doing this death. I can't and it, but it won't take long. With the clippers, I'll be shooting just a second.
Speaker 6: There you shorty. You didn't take too much off the top, did you?
Speaker 3: Oh? No?
Speaker 12: I left another on top of so you so you could you still have about a mench and half.
Speaker 1: I left a big wave up there, just like you.
Speaker 9: Got plenty of hair up there.
Speaker 13: You you can penny, Hello, baldy.
Speaker 1: Lad is.
Speaker 3: This is they of a bride.
Speaker 4: My name's Sally Shephard, I mean missus Jones, call me SALLYE.
Speaker 3: Sally really got a load of wedding presents and how.
Speaker 4: Got a big silver tray from Aunt Florence, a beautiful tablecloth from cousin Ruth, and a lovely check from Uncle Jonathan.
Speaker 3: But the one thing she wanted, really needed, I.
Speaker 4: Didn't get, couldn't get. There weren't any washing machines to.
Speaker 3: Be had, so wash day after wash day, Sally rubbed and Sally scrubbed. But Sally's wash well, it wasn't what you'd call terrific. But then came the dawn. Sally found out about Rinso lovely.
Speaker 4: Soapy rich rinsol. Even without a washing machine. Wash day's much pleasander Rinso soaks my clothes clean.
Speaker 3: Yes, ladies, as little as a ten minute soaking plus a few light rubs on extra grimy places, and clothes are ready to rinse. What's more, Renzel gets clothes really clean. White clothes are not just white, but Rinso white. Washable colors come Rinso bright safely, even after scores of washings. No wonder. Sam doesn't mind clothes washing these days.
Speaker 4: Don't mind during the dishes either. Rinzo slicks them up in far less time, and Rinso's easy on my hands.
Speaker 3: Besides, Ladies, try a Rinso on the dishes tomorrow the next wash day for a wash that's rinsol white and rinso bright.
Speaker 1: It it.
Speaker 14: It it it, Hello Hello Sylvia, Oh hello Joan.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 14: Sylvia? What says I hear about your getting married? Somebody saw your trousseau shopping. It's true, Joane.
Speaker 15: Remember John Winters. Well he's coming back on furlough in two weeks and we're gonna get married John Wunters.
Speaker 14: While Sylvia I had an idea, you're gonna marry Andy Brown. Andy Brown. Oh, Joane, I haven't completely.
Speaker 15: Lost my mind. Or I did go out with him once or twice. As a matter of fact, he just called to say he was gonna drop over here, but I've never given him a serious thought.
Speaker 14: Well that's wonderful about you and Johnny, Sylvia. Oh, thank you, Joane.
Speaker 15: And when Johnny gets back or there's somebody at the door, Jones, that must be Andy now, but I'll talk with you over the weekend.
Speaker 14: Okay, Sylvia, goodbye?
Speaker 4: Hemmy, why Andy that outfits?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 14: Come in?
Speaker 2: Okay? Forward mark one, two, three four?
Speaker 1: Half this myth?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I am, Oh.
Speaker 4: Andy, I don't understand why you went in the army last week.
Speaker 2: I was always in the army.
Speaker 6: It was just that they put me in civilian clothes for a while doing secret service work.
Speaker 4: Oh what kind of secret service were I don't know.
Speaker 6: It was so secret that didn't even tell me. Well sit down, Oh yeah, yeah, I'll do that. I'll take off my hat.
Speaker 14: I'll take it.
Speaker 6: Oh, never mind, I'll just toss it over here on the table. Oh me, I forgot to add on my helmet. Sorry, I busted that base.
Speaker 15: Oh that's all right.
Speaker 5: Oh, what.
Speaker 4: How is it? That you wearing a helmet around New York Andy.
Speaker 14: When most of the fellas just were overseas cats.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, well they probably ain't been the thick of it like irons. That's where you really get used to a helmet.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 6: Up at the battlefront, a helmet is like a second home to a soldier.
Speaker 2: He washes in it, he does laundry in it. He even cooks in it, cooks in it. Oh show.
Speaker 6: I can remember lots of nights when I have been cooking supper and my helmet over the campfire. Suddenly the bugle pros charge the enemy, and I'd go in a hand to hand fighting with a head full Irish stew. Oh yeah, I'd be comba dumplings out of my hair for weeks.
Speaker 4: Well this is very interesting, and come sit here on the sofa with me and tell me more.
Speaker 2: Oh said on the sofa. You know that reminds me.
Speaker 6: A buddy of mine was sitting on the sofa with a gal and they preposed to her and then retreated.
Speaker 2: She was going to sue him for breaching promise.
Speaker 6: What happened, Well, she found out that she couldn't see him on account of you can't sue a man in uniform.
Speaker 2: How you like my uniform?
Speaker 14: Oh, I've noticed it and I think it's very nice.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, regulation khaki, brass buttons and soup proof.
Speaker 15: Oh Andy, you don't have to stand sit down here on the sofa.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, that law about not being able to sue a man in uniform show is funny in it you got a clear picture of the thing.
Speaker 15: Oh yes, I understand, certainly good.
Speaker 2: How about a kiss, honey, Andy.
Speaker 14: We'll say. Oh, I just had a thought, you know, I'd like you to meet my.
Speaker 4: Father, and now you just wait here minute.
Speaker 3: He's right in the next room.
Speaker 15: I'll go right with you.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, Oh boy, everything's working out. Grave Gabby Show had an idea there, but Gal's not being able to sue a man in uniform. Eyes in the clear. Now having this uniform on it really saved the day. I'd even prepose to her again, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, a Corporal.
Speaker 14: Brown, I'd like to have you meet my father, Major Adam.
Speaker 2: Hello, Corporal glad.
Speaker 1: To know you.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Uh is you a real soldier? A real soldier?
Speaker 15: Oh, Jenny, Well, you had to change carpor Brown a few minutes.
Speaker 10: I must kind put to make up on me too.
Speaker 2: I'll go with you.
Speaker 6: Oh, sit down, carpor. Yes, I'd like to talk to a soldier that has a cafee ribbons on that you have. I see by your shoulder pats there that you're in the artillery. Oh yes, ah, yes about a mobile unit.
Speaker 2: Mobile? Well, some of the boys are from Mobile. Most something from Birmingham.
Speaker 10: Ah.
Speaker 6: Your soldiers certainly have a sense of humoro.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: I'll say one thing though. From those campaign ribbons you're wearing, you've certainly done a lot of fighting. Oh, yes, sir, they usually call me and gut a brown. Yes, sir, I've really been in a lot of battles on the Western Front, the Western Front. According to those campaign ribbons, you did all your fight in the South Pacific. I did, hm, no onond of them Germans. I shot looks so splendy eyed.
Speaker 2: Brown.
Speaker 6: You're really quite a kidder. Say wait a minute, is that an oak leaf cluster?
Speaker 1: I see there?
Speaker 2: Oh no, so no, so that's drainiums. I busted the base with my helmet.
Speaker 5: No, no, I mean on your chest.
Speaker 6: Oh oh oh, on my chest. H Well, nice to meet up with you, Major. Say goodbye to silvery from it. When I got to rush back to camp.
Speaker 2: I see what camp are you stationed at?
Speaker 1: Uh? What camp? I stationed at?
Speaker 2: Way?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Which one?
Speaker 6: Well, you go out your I don't know how to explain it. Uh, it's in that direction. And uh but I got I got you to rush right over there though, right, Wait a minute, wait a minute. Is it possible that you're stationed at Camp Upton?
Speaker 2: Camp Upton?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so that's the one. Yeah, and I was late. I'm going to direct there now.
Speaker 6: Well that's where I'm stationed. Oh it tis uh, yes, And I have great news for you too. What's that I'm driving back of my car right now, and I'll take you with me, Amost.
Speaker 8: That was a great idea I had about have an end and make believe he was a soldier.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: By the way, Kingfish, where he is? And he went over to see Sylvia Adams in the uniform yesterday and.
Speaker 1: None of us have seen him since. Well it's possible to wait a minute, pore and I'll get it.
Speaker 2: Hello, hello, Kingfish.
Speaker 1: Oh and where's you? Where's you been.
Speaker 2: As a Camp Upton camp?
Speaker 1: What are you doing there?
Speaker 6: Well, it seems that Sylvia's father is a major at Camp Upton, and I told him I was stationed there too, so he insisted on driving me back here.
Speaker 2: And they think guy's in the army.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, how can they think that, Andy, You ain't got no papers or nothing.
Speaker 6: Well, they say that when fellows from overseas gets back sometimes their papers is a month late in arriving. And you know I got them overseas campaign ribbons on.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well I don't worry. That'll feed yourself out, Andy. But the most important thing is Sylvia Adams convinced that you are super proof.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she knows she can't sue me with this uniform on.
Speaker 1: Oh good, and it good.
Speaker 7: Then the whole thing was really a great idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, except for one thing.
Speaker 16: Oh what's that My battalion leaves for overseas in two hours, Amos and Andy will be back again in just a moment.
Speaker 3: Are Insol Whitewater with eve Arensol Brightwah with safety.
Speaker 9: Rin As it can be.
Speaker 1: Rinto r I G H T.
Speaker 6: Yes, Rinso keeps your colors dirt wash so white.
Speaker 7: Here's great advice.
Speaker 1: You can't go wrong.
Speaker 15: Rinso quick.
Speaker 1: Rinso wash song.
Speaker 3: Rinso is easy on you, easy on your washabulls gives results that can't be beat. So make next wash day or insol washed day. And now here are amoson Andy.
Speaker 1: Well and the old boy put it there? Put it there? Huh hey you so you finally got out of do on me?
Speaker 2: Huh yeah. I convinced him that I wasn't no soldier.
Speaker 7: Well, you wasted a couple of days over the camp.
Speaker 6: Oh, they wasn't wasted. I'm a cute little whack over there. Oh you know I had you make out well, I got another pink campaign ribbon.
Speaker 3: Be sure to be with us again next Friday evening at this same time when the makers of Rinso will again present the amoson Andy Show. This program is broadcast to our armed forces all over the world. This is Harlow Will saying good night to all of you from all of us. Say, ladies, would you deny your own boy medicine if he were ill? Help, if he needed help? You know, the waist kitchen fats you save and turn into your butcher are used for military medicines, military supplies. Those waist fats are urgently needed. And if you're not saving every drop you possibly can, you may be denying your own fighting man help. It is in your power to give. Save every drop of used fat. Take it to your butcher regularly. He'll give you four cents and two red points for every pound.
Speaker 1: It's only human to perspire. Everybody does.
Speaker 3: Smart people know that no one is safe from bo. That's why they use Life Boy in their daily bath. It gives all over head to toe protection and it's lasting protection. Remember, Life Boy is the only soap that's especially made to stop
Speaker 2: This is the National Broadcasting Company