Speaker 1: Laps Fan Solar system. If you don't know, you should know that Fucking Cast is nominated for the Sports Podcast Award for Best Wrestling Podcast. That means it's time for you to get up off your asses and do the right thing. Vote. Get your friends, get your family, get your enemies, get random people off the street. To do the right thing. Go to www dot sports podcastgroup dot com, slash sports Underscore category, slash best Dash Wrestling Dash Podcast, slash hashtag get it done. Show the world who the best podcast is.
Speaker 2: It's the Lapsed Fan Wrestling Podcast with Jack mcar se O and JP Sorrow. We've got an exciting Christmas program lined up for these folks.
Speaker 3: We've been to a little boys this year.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't.
Speaker 2: Ever gave. It's an artificial tree, so I did artificial job at trimming.
Speaker 1: The tidness is only exceeded by inability to.
Speaker 2: Adjust hollow their wrangling deer. The Lapsed Fan got.
Speaker 1: A price for the million dollar Man even set the claus say it's not so off.
Speaker 2: We're continuing with the t l F twenty twenty four Christmas Show By hook or by crook. We're going to open all these packages Boss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, how you feeling. Oh my god, it's overwhelming him.
Speaker 2: There's so many he's fading more than a live call.
Speaker 1: I know. It's like it's the heat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you light the fire and we've been although the rain is smacking out there. Yeah, but it's uh, it's another wonderful year. It's another wonderful bounty of TLF generosity. And we're here, fortunately with Mama Sorrow from Wrestle Mamia available of course on the Patreon mote tier. Yes, that was acquainted with Mama Sorrow from that forum. I'm sure extra delighted to have her on hand, as are we. We're about to open the next Gift of Christmas, Boss, which.
Speaker 1: One if you could? Oh yeah, oh my god, holy.
Speaker 2: Shit half of the dramas. Will he catch the box and throw it from one microphone to the others?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just do it.
Speaker 2: I have to throw them so genteely and not upset Mama Sorrow that I fail.
Speaker 3: The Christmas bags not bags. They like sam sacks.
Speaker 2: There's one fan in particular who prefers to wrap them in sacks instead of wrapping, paper wrapping, and I love it. I think it's a great touch. We had the need him now this is the this is the guy we meet in person to make the exchange. Yeah, he's not too far from here, so we make plans, which is another delightful reason to do this as we get to meet up with him as well. Missive of course, right, we love these introductory letters. Never stop with the letters. It makes the gift so much better. It makes the show so much better.
Speaker 1: What oh boy, let's read this first here first, this is this is okay. Hello, my boys. My name is Brandon from winter Park, Florida. I've been listening to the show for about four years now since my best friend Andrew Mabel Toys turned me onto it. My asshole has never been the same while listening to Part H What oh he said, my asshole has never been the same.
Speaker 2: Well, feel general, feel general out there.
Speaker 1: Listening to part one of the SID Tribute, an idea for a lapsed Christmas present hit me in the face. I acted on it and reached out to Saint Mary's Cathedral on Poplar Ave in Memphis, the home of SIDS. Vienna did not. I let them know that the co chairs are in need. They agreed, but only after some lengthy emails. A tug on the heartstrings and a healthy online donation. We plant out your gifts and I sent them the part of it they needed. I then waited for it to return, along with the rest of your present. The package finally arrived in the mail, and when I opened it, I couldn't be more pleased. I packed it nicely and sent it out. Now it sits in front of you. Thank you for continuously giving me what I need and making life better. Merry Christmas, Love Brandon.
Speaker 2: In the spirit of who, we were delighted to pay tribute to this year who passed away.
Speaker 1: He sends the He sends this is the proof, the.
Speaker 2: Proof that he shipped things back and forth to Saint Mary's Cathedral in Memphis, Tennessee. We'll tell you the story in just a second moment.
Speaker 1: There's another. Oh my God, Oh my God. Yes, from the Cathedral of Saint Mary, Memphis, Tennessee. What accept this shawl, shawl made with love and infused with prayers as a sign of God's sustaining presence. May God's grace. May God's grace rest upon it and upon the hands that made it. May it refresh your weariness, provide comfort in your anxiety. Make available to you healing for your pain, and for offering and offer consolation for your loneliness. May provide a sacred place of security and bring you joy, gladness in peace. Most of all, may you feel the love of Saint Mary's enfolding you. Come to me all who you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew eleven twenty eight. I give thanks to God for you, Philippines. One three. Saint Mary's Cathedral, Episcopal Cathedral.
Speaker 2: What did he do? What did he do? What? Baton? Did he pick up and run with?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: I mean? What? Oh? No, oh my, it's.
Speaker 2: A cathedral and we'll tell you the story in a minute. What is that? Boss?
Speaker 1: First of all? And it smells like an old lady.
Speaker 2: So tell us about what these shells are? Someone died in.
Speaker 3: It's supposed to be a nice gesture when someone you know is still something about it in a.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's more, Yeah, yeah, dang.
Speaker 4: I think there's one in Manchester, New Hampshire, and they sell.
Speaker 3: So if you have somebody in and.
Speaker 1: You know age, yeah.
Speaker 3: This is something that comforts stuff like me. I always get cold.
Speaker 1: Now you can get a shawl from Saint Mary's Cathedral. There you go. You can take that one with.
Speaker 2: You, would you like to? Y? Yeah, it looks lovely. That's amazing. That's strange.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 2: Boss?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: This is it says removed from sleeve and looking so it's said.
Speaker 2: From a magazine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks say from a magazine. Well you know what it was, Goosha.
Speaker 4: Of my goes Oldish goes to the cathedral h Manchester. Oh she brings the bulletin every week when she comes.
Speaker 1: Yes, cause she helps me with the house.
Speaker 3: And anyway, this was in it.
Speaker 1: I will that exact one and show you.
Speaker 4: But it was at an advertisement telling you gold of this.
Speaker 3: It was Saint me. I think it was the cathedral and I think it is a.
Speaker 2: You know, the national this national Catholic right right right boy?
Speaker 1: Yes there is where uh we grew up there I grew up and uh well these are skipples are Crazylish? Yes?
Speaker 3: Sure and for a while they the Roman Catholic.
Speaker 1: Church did not observe Polish.
Speaker 3: Helped build that church.
Speaker 2: Wow, the same.
Speaker 3: And but now here we go has designated.
Speaker 1: My dad is like my dad is like rolling his eyes. He's like, why is she doing this? Why is she talking about this. Churches, yes, oh I see it brings them can be pop.
Speaker 3: Yes, so this is a real thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, for not every.
Speaker 4: Church acid, but these women spend their time shame or knitting these shawls, and the elderly people appreciate it because.
Speaker 1: She's killing me right now. She's killing me.
Speaker 3: Regular blankets don't There's.
Speaker 1: So much more to do here, but she's killing me. She's still going.
Speaker 3: And so are very well.
Speaker 2: They are wearing this, yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, thank you. Okay, it's sad. Yes, it is.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. I mean, where are we right now?
Speaker 1: I'm going to ask you the same question.
Speaker 2: What what is a poster of Sid? What is is that?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 1: Read it?
Speaker 2: What is it? To j P and Jack? Thank you? It's a picture of Sid and it's shoot and tie and it says to j P and Jack, thank you for your donation in honor of mister Beauty God blessed Saint Mary's. Did they send did he send them a picture of Sid?
Speaker 1: There's another box in here, and I am I think I know what it is. I think you know what it is. No, I have no idea what it is? Well, yes, idea? Do you know exactly what it is. I mean, I haven't even opened it yet, and I think I know what it is.
Speaker 2: I sure did.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 2: Boh, it's a can a Viennas, I know that.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's like a howk dog or like a colossa?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know if I want to know. Around, I turned around for the kid of Vienna's.
Speaker 5: I turn around and look at boss the cup of waters.
Speaker 3: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 1: It's okay, Mom, it's okay. You probably shouldn't that.
Speaker 3: One of the moon pots.
Speaker 5: Oh shit, Oh the road.
Speaker 4: To Crack.
Speaker 3: Oh Jesus, another.
Speaker 5: Another can.
Speaker 3: I like to show. I can't even I can't believe.
Speaker 2: That this isn't that this isn't like an s n L skit.
Speaker 1: And that this was sent from the church.
Speaker 5: This was sent from the church.
Speaker 1: All the picture, the food, the show sent from the church. You know, we do here what you do. We should send it back and say, I asked for fifty cases. So I don't even know that that's really.
Speaker 2: That's a whole other level I could never imagine. So there was a restler named Sid who died this year.
Speaker 1: You know, said justice said justice.
Speaker 2: And Sid he's the guy with the peanut butter picture that we showed a second ago. Yes, that's part of the same gag. So in several interviews later in life, he would talk about how he would passionately be volunteering for his church, Saint Mary's Cathedral in Memphis, Saint Mary's Cathedral, and he would talk about how he would volunteer at the meal service, the pop top meal service for the homeless, and he'd help distribute Vienna sausages, a bottle of water, package of crackers at a moon pie, or an oatmeal cookie, oatmeal p and that would be what the homeless would get in their meal box. And he would always be, you know, asking his fans that would be listening to the interviews, please if you could donate the Ana sausages to the church. I'll send you an autograph picture in return. And so this listener apparently got in touch with the church and convince them that we're in need. Which makes me feel as uncomfortable as I ever felt on Christmas in my life. And I've gotten some gifts that have made me feel ashamed by the generosity. And this, I mean, this is an outpouring from this. This Man's Church towards us and a full care package. And now thanks to you the Shawl, we have the story.
Speaker 3: And that is in the bulletin. It's is it. Yes, I'm gonna say that the not the computer, Yes, and get that page.
Speaker 4: But I am going to find out if that Saint Mary's Cathedral is not in Manchester.
Speaker 2: But somebody advertised that amazing for the poor, for the poor, and we are we are we are not we are richer, all the richer, Yes, for this gift, which is like we are all the rich on a different level for the poor. I mean, what better time as we as we tribute.
Speaker 1: Said I'm I'm in I'm I.
Speaker 2: Mean when I turned around looking from JP's mom with the canaveennas in my hand to look at boss Man and he was holding a bottle of water and looking at me with that face, with that face like take a look. And then it takes out a package or crackers.
Speaker 1: The moon pie and a cookie.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna eat the moon pie.
Speaker 1: They eat the moon pie, go for it. That's it's absolutely no, no, no, apparently they just reached out to the church to get a because we're in need, We're laps in need.
Speaker 2: You can say that again. Well, we're no longer in need thanks to that.
Speaker 1: Gift, oh man.
Speaker 2: And if you can't believe it, ladies and gentlemen, the TLF Christmas Show continued. Next Time We're with You is a production of the Lapps Entertainment Group.
Speaker 1: Its content is intended
Speaker 5: For reven use only.