Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: I woke up with crazy allergies this morning.
Speaker 1: My eyes are watering, my nose is stuffed up because of the wind.
Speaker 2: Hold to do.
Speaker 1: I never had allergies my entire life until I moved to Los Angeles and the Santa Anna's kicked up.
Speaker 3: There was It was a beautiful sky this morning. I mean just gorgeous. There was enough wind. Obviously, the blew all of the fog and all of the low clouds and everything out of the way. It was because last night, not yeah, last night was the full moon super moon. Wednesday was the supermoon, but this was.
Speaker 1: The full full phase of the something of that.
Speaker 3: It was super bright. The dog woke me up early. I took him outside and it was freezing cold and it was breezy and it was beautiful.
Speaker 1: Did he get up early because he was super excited about the game today at two eight?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I think he's.
Speaker 2: Coming off the high of last night.
Speaker 3: Because he had and he was still he was still a little hungover, so he probably had a headache.
Speaker 1: I think this is the first time that I remember in a long time, maybe last playoff season, that I skipped a football game to watch a baseball game.
Speaker 3: Actually, both of those were entertaining games yesterday, and both a baseball game.
Speaker 1: I forgot football was on. I mean I was at an event, but yeah, I kind of forgot. Well, first of all, the Broncos and the Saints or dumpster fires. True, but I mean I shouldn't say that about the Broncos. The Saints are in trouble.
Speaker 3: But either way, those were the baseball games. The Guardians came back to win two home runs in two consecutive innings from one.
Speaker 1: Oh you met both a baseball games? Both the baseball games. Yeah, and then what happened with that?
Speaker 3: It was an amazing David Fry and he hit a two run home run in the ninth to tie the game, to send it into extra innings, and then hit a two run home run in the bottom of the tenth, Wow, to win the game.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: I can't just imagine what that's. First of all, hitting a home run late in the game to tie it is unbelievable. And then to also hit with a bow on it.
Speaker 2: I was talking to John in the hallway.
Speaker 1: I said, a nervous I'm a big Mets fan, and he said, you know, it's just it's not like they're losing these games off a crazy play or like that. For instance, someone hits a two run home run in the bottom of the night and then one in the time. He said, it's just just they're just losing the entire game from beginning to end. Yeah, Like, it's not like some weird fluke thing that happens one of these games. So the Dodgers have a chance to punch their ticket to the World Series. Tonight, Game five of the NLCS in New York two oh eight will be the first pitch our time, which means most of la is taking a half.
Speaker 3: Day, and what a day to do it. Yeah, it's gorgeous, gorgeous outside. So the wind though that we referred to, is causing some problems. Santa Ana winds have mean that red flag warnings just were posted a few minutes ago. As a matter of fact, for most of the mountain and valley locations throughout LA inventory counties, they're up right now. They will likely stay up through six o'clock tomorrow night, and we're talking about some pretty gusty winds, gusts reaching forty five miles an hour isolated bursts to fifty five miles per hour in some of the hills and mountains. So that means that red flag parking restrictions are going to be up throughout LA. We're going to have task forces engine task forces that are going to be pre deployed, so you'll see them sitting basically and waiting for fire if anything is to happen. We also know that both so Cala, Edison and PGNE and other utilities have already started turning people's power off because of these public safety power shutoffs. For Edison specifically, they have said that they're only about four hundred people four hundred customers I should say that are currently without power that they've already shut off, but they have sent warnings to well over one hundred thousand other customers that they could shut off their power sometime in the next day or two. PGNE much farther north, of course, they have done that as well, and they've already turned off power to several thousand customers. It looks interesting when you look at the map. Got to stop saying interesting.
Speaker 1: Of note is that it's kind of a hopscotch of the counties. You know, you've got Alameda County, so you've got you know, the East Bay there, Contra Costa County, you got the South Bay, Santa Clara, and then you've got northern northern California up there to Haima, Yolo, and then a little bit of San Louis worked in there, Santa Barbara, San Santa Cruz.
Speaker 2: So anyway, it's all over the place.
Speaker 3: Gonna be a tough weekend, and it's going to be an allergy field weekend for people like you.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be tough weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's going to be pretty tough.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just had to get up because of the dog this morning, so you're already operating at a deficit.
Speaker 3: And I, for some reason, thought it was going to take much longer for him to heal, like that, We're gonna have to do a week or something like that of like no thinking about your own testicles. Well, I was thinking that's a that's a traumatic event. And they said, hey, after about three days, he's gonna be fine. Yeah, resilient, resilient, little guy, is that right? Resilient?
Speaker 1: I think that you went into this testical removal process thinking it was going to be no big deal, and as the days gut went by, you were starting to get more worried.
Speaker 3: You know why. I had to look into his eyes. Yeah, and I saw some little pain, a little betrayal, right, and I felt responsible for Did you.
Speaker 1: Tell him, hey, this is what we're doing today, your testicles are coming off.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: In fact, I took it rather light hearted, and on Tuesday night before we took him in, I was like, you don't know what's coming up tomorrow. Boy, You're gonna be surprised when you wake up.
Speaker 2: And the that's awful.
Speaker 1: The way you presented that I did it was a do you feel badly about that?
Speaker 3: Completely were That's that's my fault, all right. Jokes jokes, political jokes. I love political jokes. In front of the Archbishop of New York City, though.
Speaker 2: Were there any priest abuse jokes?
Speaker 3: I didn't see any.
Speaker 1: Because it was weird that on the day that settlement was settled here in Los Angeles with the diocese, they had this big Catholic.
Speaker 3: Event, Jim Gaffigan had what I thought was arguably the most risque joke and even admitted I was going to cut it out. I'll play it for.
Speaker 2: I've heard none of it, so I'm excited.
Speaker 3: This is the Al Smith dinner for the Catholic Charities. Very common for presidential candidates to go there. Although Trump showed up, Kamala Harris was there via video. Awkwards. She's an awful actress. I know that that's not why we would vote for her for president, but she's awful. Special Counsel Jackson IF has released a huge trove of documents related to the twenty twenty election criminal case against former President Trump. Two thousand pages. Almost In this massive trove of documents, nearly all of them appear to be completely redacted, so tooth do not print these out. You will go through all of the toner and the office printer if you do. These are appendices filed on the public docket in the case related to the huge filing that we saw from earlier this month that laid out the pretty full picture of the case against Trump.
Speaker 1: Hopes for a ceasefire in the Middle East coming to an end. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Nettnyaho vows to press on with the wars in Gaza and Lebanon. President Biden yesterday said now is a good time for a Gaza ceasefire, and nobody's listening.
Speaker 3: This good point. One of Hollywood's most prolific stuntmen has died at the age of ninety two. Bob Yurkis passed away earlier this month in Northridge in the ninth in the nineteen eighties alone, he was Boba Fet in Return of the Jedi.
Speaker 2: WHOA, so I killed him?
Speaker 3: Well, no, because you called him Boba Fat. He was Christopher Lloyd's character Doc in Back to the Future hanging from the clock tower. Yeah, it was actually Bob Yorkis. He was hanging onto the scaffolding at the top of the Statue of Liberty in the movie. Remo Williams that I mean his He was a stuntman working into his eighties, which you do not hear of.
Speaker 1: I am going to take credit for that death as well as a credit say blame, as well as the credit for Mitzi Gaynor's death, because not only did we bring up South Pacific last week, but you know what, she was also in The Birds and the Bees.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that that was a show. And we talked about tree sexual reproduction in trees right, I mean between trees, not while you're in a tree. That's a different.
Speaker 1: Vice President Harris President Trump holding events in Michigan today, just eighteen days left until the election day.
Speaker 3: So both of them were invited to speak at the Al Smith Dinner, which is a traditional Catholic charities event in New York City.
Speaker 2: And who was Al Smith?
Speaker 3: He was a guy, and I assume he was Catholic. No idea who Al Smith? And they had They have normal comedians, and by normal, I mean that's what they do.
Speaker 5: For their day.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: During the first and only the President Trump talked about migrants taking cats and eating them. You know, if you're keeping track at home, this is the second time grabbing a kitty has been part of a campaign issue.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that's awful.
Speaker 3: He said that in front of the monk.
Speaker 1: Grossed out by that, you know, ew ew ew.
Speaker 3: I was gonna leave that out, and he didn't. Former President Trump took to the stage as well with some hot jokes.
Speaker 6: Tradition halls that I'm supposed to tell a few self deprecating jokes this evening, so here it goes. Nope, I've got nothing.
Speaker 5: I've got nothing.
Speaker 2: That's funny because he.
Speaker 6: I guess I just don't see the point of taking shots at myself when other people have been shooting at me for a hell of a long time.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I saw some serious headlines this morning. Trump will not even make He'll take shots at everyone but himself. Like the headlines were like, this is such a big deal.
Speaker 2: He will.
Speaker 1: That's part of his that he never admits to any wrongdoing ever, that's part of his personality.
Speaker 2: That's a funny joke.
Speaker 3: Yeah it works, good lord.
Speaker 6: Someone in the White House who can barely talk, barely put together too coherent sentences is a person that has nothing going no intelligence whatsoever. But enough about Kamala Harris, get onto something. But unfortunately, Governor Wats is in here himself. But don't worry, he'll say that he was. He's gonna say that's funny. The only piece of advice I would have for her and the event that she wins, would be not to let her husband, Doug anywhere near the nannies.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, that's really rich coming from him.
Speaker 3: It's an excellent point.
Speaker 6: Chuck Schumer is here looking very glum, but look on the bright side, check considering how woke your party has become. If Kamala loses, you still have a chance to become the first woman president.
Speaker 3: All Right. The one joke that I thought was his absolute best, Well, we'll play for you after the break and the Kamala Harris video that she did with Mary Catherine Gallagher. Do you remember the character from Saturday Night? Sure? Because it's you know.
Speaker 2: Is that the smelling armistic?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 1: Al Smith, by the way, served four terms as governor of New York. Okay, he was the presidential nominee in nineteen twenty eight for the Democrats.
Speaker 2: Okay, he died in forty four.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank goodness. I thought there was an Al Smith that we were completely ignoring, Like wasn't No, wasn't Al Smith? And what was the name of Grandpa on the Munsters?
Speaker 2: I that's a blind spot for me.
Speaker 3: That may be a different RFK Junior was at that dinner last night along with his wife Cheryl Hines. Comedian Jim Gaffigan. I already played the cut from that. He was the MC for the sold out dinner. Eric Adams was there, the embattled New York mayor, past Mayor Michael Bloomber and build a Blasi. It was there and I guess Trump basically said that Bill de Blasio was the worst mayor he'd ever seen. Other notable attendees new York's Governor Kathy hokel House Speaker Mike Johnson, New York Attorney General Letitia James. She's the one who brought that successful civil fraud lawsuit against Trump. The best joke I thought he had the one that made me the laugh the most. I mean, the others were kind of easy, you could see them coming from a mile away. This one was what I thought was the funniest.
Speaker 6: There's a group called White Dudes for Harris.
Speaker 4: Have you seen this?
Speaker 6: White Dudes for Harris? Anybody know?
Speaker 3: Are some of you hear?
Speaker 7: White Dudes?
Speaker 6: Doesn't sound like it, But I'm not worried about them at all because their wives and their wives lovers are all voting for me.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 3: That was That's what I thought was the funny. It's clever now. Kamala Harris did not attend, but she did send in a highly produced slick video where she and Molly Shannon were kind of trading vibes. Molly Shannon used to be on Saturday Night Live, and she used to play this character called Mary Catherine Gallagher, who was supposed to be this young I think junior high early high school level Catholic schoolgirl was very uncomfortable with herself and her hands in her pit. My wife does it great. My wife does a great Mary Catherine Gallagher. I don't know why she never did it for Halloween, but it was this. It was awkward. It's supposed to be funny. It was awkward.
Speaker 4: Does it bother you that that chunk guy insults you all the time, because it really bothers my friends and me.
Speaker 8: Oh, Mary Catherine, It's very important to always remember you should never let anyone tell you who you are. You tell them who you are.
Speaker 4: Hater's gonna hate hate hate.
Speaker 8: Shake it off, Shake it off, shake it off, shake it off.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay. And I also remember one more thing, don't worry if you make a mistakes. Catholic people are very forgiving.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And also one last thing I I want to tell you, don't forget to say thank.
Speaker 8: You, Mary Catherine, thank you, Mama.
Speaker 3: La, thank you.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: Part of what makes it awkward is that you don't have any sort of audience reactions.
Speaker 1: Also, that's a skit from the nineties it's done, it's done and done it.
Speaker 3: But again, I mean there now, she's not going to get a thirty year old voter with that skit.
Speaker 2: No, did she make any jokes?
Speaker 8: Sure, Your Eminence and distinguished guests, The Al Smith Dinner provides a rare opportunity to set aside partisanship. I'm sorry, sorry, what's going on? Who was that.
Speaker 5: Ry?
Speaker 4: Coming on?
Speaker 8: Very nice to reach you, Mary Catherine. Right now, I'm trying to record my speech for tonight's dinner.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I just want to say that I'm Catholic and tonight is one of the biggest dinners next to the Last Supper.
Speaker 8: It is a very important dinner, and it's an important tradition that I'm so proud to be a part of.
Speaker 4: Sometimes when I get nervous, I stick my fingers under my arms and I sim on them like that, that's cross.
Speaker 8: So tell me something. I'm giving a speech. You have some thoughts about what I might say tonight.
Speaker 4: My feeling is about what you say tonight would be best express in a monologue from one of my favorite made for TV series.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's hear it, don't you see?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 4: We need a woman to represent us. A woman brings more heart, more compassion.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, so I guess what I'm hearing. So Kamala did not make any jokes. She left all the comedy to Molly Shannon. Okay, it's okay. You don't need to be funny to be president. You don't need to be somebody that has a great sense of humor, I guess. But couldn't you get somebody to write something for you? Just a couple Trump things? Right?
Speaker 2: But he's a he's he's.
Speaker 1: A funnier person like his rallies. He does jokes all the time. And I get like, and it's also hard for a woman to be funny and to be funny, like for people to think you're funny when you're funny.
Speaker 2: So I get that. But maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I would have liked a couple of scripted easy things.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't even know what that would have sounded like.
Speaker 3: Well, there was one joke.
Speaker 1: Again I didn't listen, so or I didn't watch it, So I guess my opinion doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Molly Shannon said, thou shalt not bear false witness to thy neighbor, because, like she said, do you have any suggestions, and Molly Shannon says, well, don't lie, thou shalt not bear false witness to thy neighbor.
Speaker 2: And then she says, is that like a commandment or something?
Speaker 3: It is one of the ten okay? And then Kamala Harris said, especially thy neighbor's election results. So, I mean that's the kind that was the last What is the expectation. It's like the White House Correspondence Center. You have some professionals up there, Jim Gaffigan who are going to deliver jokes.
Speaker 1: That was an awful joke that he delivered in front of freaking and.
Speaker 3: That he delivered it. I mean, he's known as not that guy, right, So it's kind of and it's like.
Speaker 2: It's kind of growth.
Speaker 1: He's kind of an older dude, right, And it's just like, don't talk about female parts.
Speaker 2: That's gross.
Speaker 3: You are drinking? Where did it go?
Speaker 2: It's I think I'm most I can't say I think I'm over it.
Speaker 3: Diet sodas. There's a story about that. We'll actually get to it next hour because we're going to do this We'll do this story first, but next hour there's a little wellness segment. We're going to get to about diet sodas, about fruit loops, and about the mega Maha Maha Maha movement make America healthy again, ah Maha?
Speaker 9: Or is it Maya? Is it maya Maya? No, Maya Maya saying it differently than I am Maya. Watch my mouth maya it my.
Speaker 1: Was a year long hunt for ya Ya Sinwar, the Hamas leader who was the architect of the attacks on October seventh. We will talk about how they were able to kill him, find him and kill him.
Speaker 3: Have you seen that drone footage yet? Have I? Uh, that's what I said. Have you seen that drone footag yet?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll get that in the video.
Speaker 2: Corrections and retractions.
Speaker 3: David Fry hit the two run home run to win the game last night, but not the one to tie Gary last night in the Guardians game. Yeah, it was Noel who hit the home run to tie it in the ninth and Fry to win it. He didn't hit both home runs, so you're misremembering this thing.
Speaker 7: Come on, man, you're better than Good Morning Gary. You have your facts wrong. It was jo Kenzie Noel who hit the home run in the bottom of ninth. David Fry hit the home run in the botomited tenth. I am a Gudiance fan transported to Claremont, California.
Speaker 3: That's hard, Bye, going from Cleveland to Claremont. That's like whiplash.
Speaker 2: Claremont's beautiful. That's a very nice community.
Speaker 3: I know we've been to Cleveland.
Speaker 2: I like Cleveland. I'll be there in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Gary.
Speaker 6: This is Peter, your dog, recording this at the beginning of the week, and I thought i'd call you this morning.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you I'm doing really good.
Speaker 8: Thanks for taking me out for a pe this morning.
Speaker 3: Well that's what I do, but that sounds different than this one. It's your dog, what you do with my testicles.
Speaker 5: I went to.
Speaker 8: Bed with my three man crew and it was jumped.
Speaker 5: Down to one.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: People really are in on the testical humor, and I think it's pretty bit below the belt.
Speaker 3: Seriously, I just don't think now. I think the shoelaces together walk, I thought.
Speaker 1: We were doing dad jokes. I thought it was a dad joke Friday. No. No, I just think that if I were Peter and my parts were taken out and I was sewn together or glued together. Like you described earlier, I wouldn't appreciate this joke, these jokes, this humor at all. But I don't know what it's like to have testicles, so nor to have them removed, nor to have I just know that I wouldn't want that done. It is what you, It is what you, It is what you learned. Yeah, remember it's Friday, So what you learned this week on the Garry and Channa Show. You can always leave us a message on the talkback feature on the iHeart app and we'll get to those late in the show. So ya Ya Sinhwar, arguably Hamas's number one guy, was killed by Israel in Gaza in southern Gaza this week. For over a year, Israel's security establishment has been trying to track down not just yah Yah sin War, but all of the leaders of Hamas and Hesba Lah and.
Speaker 3: Get rid of them. Yah Yah Sinhwar had a specific target on his back because not only was he one of the heads of Hamas, he was believed to be the architect of what happened the terrorist attacks when they came into Israel back on October seventh.
Speaker 2: So how did they get this kingpin?
Speaker 1: While the Israeli unit was on patrol in southern Gaza Wednesday. Israeli soldiers come across a small group of fighters. The soldiers are backed by drones. They engage in a firefight and three Palestinian militants were killed. Now, during this battle, Israeli fire brought down part of a building where the militants had taken cover.
Speaker 2: So the dust is clearing, they begin to search.
Speaker 1: The building and they noticed that one of the bodies bears a shocking resemblance to Sinwar.
Speaker 3: Which is unusual because they were expecting him to be in the tunnels. They expected that he was going to be deep underground, and that if he was going to be surrounded, maybe he would have a larger security team than just a couple of people with him. So they throw a drone into the blown apart building, and if you've seen this footage, the drone flies in through a window and you can see a guy sitting in a chair kind of facing away, rumpels, his right arm severed blown to bits, blown to pieces. He himself has probably a good size hole in his head at that point, and he with his left hand he grabs a stick or a pipe or something and tries to turn and throw it at the drone, apparently to knock it out.
Speaker 1: A feeble It's the feeble effort of a feeble man.
Speaker 3: In his final moments, troops were concerned that there could be hostages in that area as well, but none of them were found with the fighters. No evidence that any of the hostages still held in Gaza were even harmed during the battle, and they had gone through and checked to the building. So the longtime deputy of ya Ya Sinhwar, the Vice ya Ya, said he died fighting and confronting the occupation army. To his final moments, he gave very little indication that Hamas was going to be willing to make any concessions to Israel, that this would end the war, although Yaya Sinhwar was one of those guys who was a never never negotiate, never piece deal with Israel.
Speaker 1: And they say they will continue on with that mission.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they I don't know if this is the window, the sliver of hope that people are suggesting it is.
Speaker 1: But Yas, who's net Yah who says no, right, all right, you know what the thing is is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sounds like such a nice name.
Speaker 3: Right's like nickname you for somebody, your grandmother, grandma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. I stumbled upon the footage of his dead body.
Speaker 3: That was the drone footage. There's some there are some images that came out. He's that was a He's covered in dust, and I don't know if that makes it a little easier to look at it.
Speaker 2: Think it does. I think it does.
Speaker 1: It makes it a little easier because the blood and the gore is kind of toned down.
Speaker 3: All the dust, a little hole in the head, in the head, yeah, I outside are the ones that guy, I can't look at pictures of dead people.
Speaker 1: I'm really bad about it, like crime scene photos and stuff like that when I was a reporter.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you say it almost like it's a surprise.
Speaker 3: I think that.
Speaker 1: Well, I would think that I would have a little bit of a harder shell when it comes to that kind of a thing.
Speaker 2: I do not. I get sick to my stomach. Yeah, I can't do it.
Speaker 3: That's all right. Yeah, that's an acceptable human reaction. Okay, good, I'm not so supposed to the unacceptable ones that you always have up next. Well, anyway, you've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app