Speaker 1: Yo, what up? Man?
Speaker 2: Is your boy a Connor? You're checking out the Cruise Show podcast? Make sure you subscribe, rate and ship. It's worth it, I promise you. Let's go yo.
Speaker 1: Hey, conn is back on the Cruise Show. Let's get away. So many hits, dog. Now let's play intro number two because then there's a whole nother intro, so many songs. Acon, congratulations on this career yours man.
Speaker 2: You always had the most craziest intros though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out to DJ Fuse for that. Yes, yes, sir smack, I see you.
Speaker 2: Good to see you, man.
Speaker 1: She was running from the law. That's why he's in the corner.
Speaker 2: You feel me.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, man. The catalog is wild, man, that's what's up.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every time I see Akon, I gotta take congratulations. I got to do. There's always congratulations in order when it comes to Acon. How you feeling, how's your spirit? Man?
Speaker 2: I feel amazing, bro, Yeah, absolutely amazing.
Speaker 1: Feeling good man. You know you brought the team.
Speaker 2: Man, she's looking that's the future, that's right, lay up next, up next.
Speaker 1: I like that. You know. Akon is responsible for a few stars in this business. You know what I'm saying your hand in that. Yeah, man, beautiful day sounds great. Thank you mangratulations that good vibe that we are used to getting from Akon, right, what's the energy that went behind that?
Speaker 2: It was about just bringing just a positive vibration back to the music business.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: When I came back from Africa and I came home, it just felt so dark man. You know, I saw a lot of the drill rappers dying, a lot of small young guys that's coming up before their career could even get to a certain level that you know, the obituaries beat you know, meet before their bios to an extent, and it was like, man, this is crazy. But then when I was just listening to I was looking for something to be more like, something that would motivate me into it, and I just really didn't hear it, you know, So I was like, you know, I think this is the time when the music just needs to shift into a more positive vibration, honestly. But what I did like is how the West Coast shifted though. A lot happened on this side, A lot happened on this side, and I love it because I know, notice that it's been getting a lot like the West Coast really been supporting West Coast music. Yeah, I noticed that since you guys like it's been needed, Yeah, it's been needed. You know a lot of local artists are now getting heard and played and actually getting recognized nationally and that and then it's and it's good like it's it's club music, is happy music. Like I was like, okay, I can rock with this right here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nah, akon. You know, I was fortunate enough to see you come up in this business, right rolling in a van with four other artists, five other artists doing radio, you know, sleeping in the van, sleeping where you can just to get put one get belly Dancer on the air. You know, Man, I saw it, Man, I saw it right, And that's the hard way, right, There's there's a different way to go about getting I guess famous or noticed now.
Speaker 2: Right, another conversation, because I always believe that anything that you that's fast tracked don't last, right, So that's why I'm still here today. Even though the technology has advanced, it don't change the blueprint on how you get things popping, and you keep it fas like. Sustainability to me is the most important thing, right, you could put out a record that'd be great for a week. But if you could put out a record that'd be great for ten years, one hundred years, a thousand years. It's a different conversation. It's a different type of work that needs to be put into you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I think you've always had this mindset. You've had it for a long time. You told T Pain, I can't give you the biggest check, but I can give you a career, right, That's what you told Ta Pain, And that's exactly what you did. And he went with you, and he chose you over millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: Yep, we sure did. Wow, you sure did.
Speaker 1: What a moment, Yeah, man, and look at him now killing it still legendary. T Pain is killing y'all. Legend Thank you. What's your biggest song in your opinion? You know there's obviously chart toppers, right obviously, Yeah, But if I.
Speaker 2: Would say, out of all my records, the biggest one will probably be.
Speaker 1: Mister Lonely, Mister Lonely. Yeah, we were listening to that. If you caught Jackie singing that, Mabe, was that a fast? The whole catalog was on black? Was that a fast? Song to make or was that a links?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Actually, all my songs were pretty quick, you know, because they was all they was kind of written before I even did it, because it was all more based on the actual, uh situations I was dealing with. So most songs that you deal with, that's based on your experience. It's easier to write. It's really more about how do I want it to feel though when someone else kind of listens to it, you know what I'm saying. Sure, and that was the direction. But once I realized where I was going production wise, the song was done within a few hours.
Speaker 1: With all those hits, is there ever, Is there ever or will there ever be an opportunity for you to sell your catalog?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think I think opportunities to sell is every day. Okay, that's every day, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Sale?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you at any moment, you just put a sign up for sale, and I promise you there'll be a lot of banks by it. Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What do you think your catalog is worth if you had to put a number on it, if I put a number on it, priceless, Yeah, for sure, I get it out of Christ. We're talking a lot of money. Here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I take a billion dollars a billion, I would's make it happen about that.
Speaker 1: Sure, I'll take a billion. Two let's myself in the mix. Feel Me Beautiful Day is on all streaming platforms. What a song? What's up? Jack? How does it feel to.
Speaker 3: Be so timeless? Because I was just telling the guys before that, my introduction to you is my getting.
Speaker 2: Ready, her auntie fealing her makeup.
Speaker 3: Afterwards so I could take it, and it was just like, and now you being here, It's just like, so it's just generational. How does it feel to actually be an artist that's like that?
Speaker 2: Nah? Man, it's interesting. I forgot who I was talking to about it. But when we did the Acon Superfan, I was realizing that we actually had generational fans. So you would have the mom who came with her daughter, and then the daughter brought her baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we had.
Speaker 2: Literally three generations of so a lot of the venues that we chose, we literally could have flipped them four or five, six times over because of that alone, but because of the super Fan too. We wanted to have a one time, one only type experien is in that city. We realize just how layered our fan base was in generation, you know what I mean. So that's another thing that also made me say, yo, yeah we got we have to come back, because yeah, they I mean it was kids like six seven years old Numa songs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know what I mean, there's not a lot of artists, I believe, right in my opinion, this is cruise. There's not a lot of artists that hold that weight, I think. Right, there's a lot of artists obviously, right, but it's a generational artist, right, right, right, I think there's a handful of you'll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a handful of using for sure. Straight up.
Speaker 4: I think that's to your benefit because once that younger generation catches up, then that's why music becomes so cyclical, right because then they hear that, they go, damn, that's fresh to me. Let me make something like that, and then that's when your legacy never.
Speaker 2: Dies, right absolutely.
Speaker 1: Man, it's like introducing our kids to the Beatles or whatever it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they got to know about Earth Wind and fire Man. It's just kind of the way that is. You mentioned Mice Lonely being your favorite or your biggest song in your mind. What do people yell at you when they see you, like at the airport, or they yell a song up.
Speaker 2: So it's interesting because it depends on what city I'm in and who's yelling. Right, So if it's somebody black, they're gonna yell locked up a kind of young Jesus. Those are two most famous from black people. Right, that's just how I go. Right, if they're white, they're gonna yell smack that I want to love you. It's interesting that that's just how it's been that. No, it's and it's the weirdest.
Speaker 1: Is the weirdest thing, you know, hilarious. Yeah, each each song, I guess has its demographic, right.
Speaker 2: No, it's so crazy, but interestingly enough because I know the Hispanic market is so kind of separated. But before when Baby I'm Back was out, anybody that I saw was that was like Mexican was singing the Baby Back record to me. Yeah, because of the Bash. And then when I went more towards like the eastern Latin side, like Puerto Rico area, day be singing the Dons I could Doudeo record back to. So it was like it was always something and it dependent on who it was singing. But for the most part, between those two, the black and white side. I get those all the time.
Speaker 1: That makes too much sense, that crazy. Is there any regrets when it comes to this.
Speaker 2: Career of yours? Oh no, no regrets, absolutely no, absolutely, not else only lessons, right, No, not absolutely, that's absolutely you know. I think with everybody, there's always certain decisions you wish you could go turn back the hands of time to actually make. But then I think about, Okay, let's say I did make that decision thinking it would have been a better decision. I'm already knowing had I made that decision that I thought I should have made, it would have been worse because I wouldn't be here today if I did.
Speaker 1: True, very true.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Do you follow like an instinct?
Speaker 2: Instincts? Man? I amis you?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: My instincts follow me everywhere I go. I don't care how crazy it sound to everybody else. If my instinct says moved this way, that's the way I'm moving. Because every time I went against my instincts, I regretted it every time.
Speaker 1: It's a lesson every time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's kind of sad that more people don't do that.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: We live in such an analytical world. Like, it doesn't matter if it's sports or it's music or social. Everybody's so caught up in numbers. They don't trust their gut. Nom.
Speaker 2: They don't trust their gut no more. And they so worried about what other people are gonna think. Yeah, you know what I mean, And you don't even know. You gotta like there's a there's an inner psyche within all of us, right, that's why deja vu actually exists, some ship that you done been through already, you know what I mean. Right, But because you lose the spiritual side of it, you don't you don't tap into it. So when you're seeing, when you're feeling something, that's the spiritual side talking to you. So when you ignore it, you always regret it, bro like all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you're a spiritual guy. Very Yeah.
Speaker 2: You believe in a higher power, absolutely sure. You pray every day, that's right, Yeah, that's right. Do you pray? Do you say do we say thank you? Do pray for strength? What do we pray for? I pray for everything, but most most about just appreciation. Because when I pray, I don't really pray to ask I just pray.
Speaker 1: To sustain yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think that's the difference in a lot of prayers because most people, when you pray and to ask for certain things, it goes beyond the appreciation of the blessings that's existing already. Is more about telling God what you want versus thinking of what you already have you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir bars, I like that. Yo, Lady Gaga was your artist? Yeah, and then uh and then she wasn't. Yeah, how did that work out? You take contractor out or the contract? That was it? She moved on? Yeah? Oh man, well good for her, great for her. Yeah, right, it's all good, Oh great, because we.
Speaker 2: Both won a big way, you know what I mean. And I think it's like in any situation, you know it's gonna it's gonna last until it ends. Sure, you know, now you can continue to go further, or you can find a different direction in which you want to go. But I think she was in that stage of her career where she wanted to go in a direction where she controlled the majority of what she wanted to do, and I felt like it was it was a good move her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, did you see that talent when you had her? When you first saw her. I mean, because her range now is just stupid.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: She started on the dance pop side, and I mean she's doing stuff with Tony Bennett and just she's a class and.
Speaker 1: Now she's in her joker, right, joker coming out the first time?
Speaker 2: You say she was always she was always one of those special artistic people, right. So, And when I say artistic, I don't mean from a perspective of you know, the other artistic, but I mean like creatively, she was like always amazing, Like I always knew that music would be just the beginning in the cornerstone of where she's gonna end up.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know what I'm saying. She was mult one absolutely. You know. I met her and she asked me if I knew who you were, and I'm like, yeah, I know who akon. When she was first starting out, I was working at a station in Vegas Monday morning. I'm doing mornings. She knocks on the window and it's said, I thought it was a winner, like picking up the prize, And you know, she's like, I'm lady. G guy performed at a pool party last night here in Vegas, and I was wondering if you could interview me. I'm like, yeah, yeah, for sure. And at that point I had heard of her, but not much, right, so I let her in and I mean she she couldn't have been the coolest person ever, you know what I mean? And she was extremely talented and extremely hungry to get it. Yes, yeah, is that what you look for an artist? Hunger?
Speaker 2: That hunger is everything?
Speaker 1: Yeah, in their eyes or do you hear it in their voice?
Speaker 2: No? You just you know in their actions, okay. And you know a hungry artist by what they're willing to do and what they're not willing to do right, and more than anything, they're consistency and doing it. Like me, if I see an artist that's just constantly wanting to go to work, everybody want to go to club, but now they want to go to the studio, that's what you want. That's what you want. Art is that work, and their motivation is there just to make sure that they're not only good, but their families taken care of. When you got those two attributes, you got a superstar. All they need now is a hit record and a support. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hit records don't necessarily turn into another, right right? Once you hit that one hit record, now the work really starts.
Speaker 2: Exactly because that hit record opens a door for everything you want to do, whether it's musically, whether it's from an e commerce perspective, you got products you want to sell, or just opening doors for different concepts and ideas to help you grow who you are, you know what I mean. So it's like you got to be able to find artists that knows how to walk through them doors and know what they want when they get there, because most artists don't plan that far, and those are the ones that don't last as long, you know what I mean, because they looking at it for the time being, Oh, this all waiting my record pop on my album drop. Oh it's gonna be crazy all right, But then the album drops? Now what?
Speaker 1: Wow? Exactly? Now what? Now? What?
Speaker 2: Right? That's the scariest place to be.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been approached by a major label to be head of an R or to run the label? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Many times. But I gave a job to Boo.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, Boo took that.
Speaker 2: He definitely ran ran with it. I could never do it because I could. I'm not a I'm not a behind the desk guy. I'll go crazy. I gotta be moving like I gotta go find I'm the guy that eat what he killed, right, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, I gotta go out there and hunt. I gotta figure it out because I got more of an entrepreneur mentality. I just don't believe that I can. I can bring more for you going out there to bring it back versus sitting there waiting for you to give me something to Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the world right period.
Speaker 2: My landline is myself.
Speaker 1: Headliners only tour. We Burn a Boy was like, so, who who who Headliners?
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's got to be we're both headliners. Yeah, We're both headliners. And just so you know the what I'm doing with that, Kevin Hart, by the way, is my partner on it. So we got the production company together on Headliners only for the music aspect of what he's doing in Headliners And the first one I was shot was picked up by Netflix with him and Chris Rock and it was based on comedy. The second one is going to be done with me and burn a Boy, which is based on music. The only difference is after it, we actually have this huge concert which will be airing, So it's gonna be a concert film that's gonna air in all the theaters in February. Yeah, so it's gonna be it's gonna be super crazy.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Yeah, y'all got a special popcorn bucket for this.
Speaker 2: I was gonna be playing popcorn candy, customized popcorn.
Speaker 1: You know what about that? Yeah? Because that that Yeah, that merch is crazy.
Speaker 3: The marketing for popcorn buckets now is like Disney.
Speaker 1: That would be crazy.
Speaker 2: Your idea. I'll make sure everybody New CRUs gave me the idea.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. Appreciate that is the producer. I always wondered, like, yeah, like why aren't like merch? You know, how can merchan? Is it being sold outside of a movie for that movie?
Speaker 2: Right? Nah, he's right.
Speaker 1: They should.
Speaker 3: Being an artist and for having a career as long as you have, How do you remain so positive when this industry can be so dark place?
Speaker 2: Right? Well, I mean the thing is, you can't be a part of the industry. The industry is just a vehicle, you know what I mean. I think what happens is when people become superstars in their mind, they've already decided how they're gonna behave when they make it. The average person, Oh man, when I be an artist. I'm gonna do this. I'm aware of this is I'm gonna get this, I'm gonna be ware here. So in their mind they already have a dream of what that looks like to them, right, yes, and then they finally make it and they become that. So when you have to become something you're actually you're getting out of who you are to become something that you inspire to be.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And the stereotype of someone that's famous or rich and famous is this energy, this attitude, this certain crowds, specific restaurant specific, you know, this car like It's just that that's the part that that I never really me I hate it, like with a passion. That's why I don't hang around celebrities. I'm always little key. I'm around the people that I rock with, business with or family. You know, you don't really see me out there in the circuit like that because it's that energy that it just looks plastic to me, so fake. Wow, you know what I mean. I can't be around along without feeling disrespected even though they're not doing anything. Yeah, it's because they're not doing anything. Yeah, It's like, bro, I know this is all a mass like I know you, bro, Like I know you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like bro, I can stop stop and unfortunate. But you know a lot of artists allow when I say a lot a lot of artists see it that way and they have to be that way right and have to force themselves to become something in order to become right.
Speaker 2: That's that's the mindset, that's what they think. And in social media put exactly put the gasoline on it, because social media has become the platform where you can become whoever you want it to be, and no one can prove you're not that person right on the platform, right because I know a lot of ball there's a lot of killers little social media. I'm like where you know what I'm saying. I've seen you cry before, Like stop, you're.
Speaker 1: Right people high behind that social media.
Speaker 2: Yeah, social media is something boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you don't necessarily have to are You don't have to prove it, you know yo. One artist that I was into it was sad to see him go was Coast to titch Man Rest in Peace. Man.
Speaker 2: Coast was a man, that dude he was. He was unbelievable, bro, unbelievable. He was unbelieving too soon, way too soon and Mega as well. Yeah, man, yeah, those those those are two big artists that I just knew that was gonna be another big pinnacle of my career of just breaking new talent, you know, especially Coaster, because Coaster was one of those artists, like he broke the stereotype of what Africans are supposed to look like a lot of people didn't know that. Wells imagine a more cleaner cut of six y nine yeah nine right, but could dance? His ass are better than Chris Brown bro and did I'm a piano music? Yeah, Like talent unbelievable.
Speaker 1: He's a short king, yeah, short king. But like.
Speaker 2: When you see him perform, you sold. It was like what And he was African born. Ray spoke the dialect everything.
Speaker 1: Blonde hair, but people to think this only black people exist in Africa, that it's a melting part of different you know.
Speaker 2: But it was just interesting because I was like, Okay, he's gonna break He's gonna break the barrier of the stereotype of what people think Africa is supposed to look like like. But yeah, he was. He was already going we put out his record, and the record literally was already man, he was at ten million views in less than a month.
Speaker 1: Crazy. He was, he was, he was, he man, Yeah, and we lost him.
Speaker 2: He was performing live, performing live and died on the stage.
Speaker 1: Had a seizure, I believe, or something like that. I'm not too sure, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was something here he had that caused the seizure. He swallowed his tongue.
Speaker 1: You can see the video on TikTok. It's wild.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, man. But you know he's a legend now, Yeah, he's a legend, man, young man. And I know that you you had music with him and you were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're working. We was literally just putting him out.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he was. We already had a full tour routed for him. We had just left Dubai before we came to South Africa. Do that that that that show that he that he was at. It was, man, it was, yeah, it was. It was a tough time though, because I was Those are things you really can't understand. Like, no matter how spiritual you are or whatever, you question God in questions like this, you'd be like, why why him?
Speaker 1: I don't like person to blame.
Speaker 2: You don't you don't understand you don't know, so you just don't question at that point. Because one thing I realized though, is like certain things happened within reflections, like it could have been something in the future that he would have came across then that might have changed the dynamics of life. You understand what I'm saying, because with that kind of talent, he was going to be indoors that I probably wouldn't be able to control he walking into Wow, does that make sense? So I look at it like whatever decision was made for his life, it was a reason for it. But that's something for me to find out that they you know, I'm in that same situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: You know when we crossed that.
Speaker 1: When you say she is the future, talk to us about so she people to interview?
Speaker 2: Yes, Cruise, you the smartest God, know you the smartest guy. Know that you're the smartest guy. I promise you. That's gonna be a day when they come be like, yeah, man, I was watching that Cruise interview and they was in the back and they was talking about him. Man, they said he was gonna be this one day. Because that's what happened with Gotty. I would go to every radio station. I just have her sit right there, she just be watching. And then one day they called her up and was like, yes, who are you like, lady, just like how it is. And bro, not even two years later, she was the biggest artist on the planet until this day. They keep that same glitch like, yeah, we had her here first. No one would ever know because you just don't know. But one thing I can tell you about them, everything that I described and artists, they already exhabit. But they're the most amazing songwriters. They actually produced their own music. And they brothers. They came up from the same one went through the same struggle. Both was locked up at the exact same time. The little brother was a little more hard headed, so he took more time. Will be nice for the most part. When they got a grind. I've never seen an artist and I haven't heard now. I've never heard a whack record from him ever, wow shot. Ever, like the older one, Ellens, he has more of a confidence thing. So I think I compare him to Kanye because of the confidence of it, because he believes he's the greatest rapper alive. I love that he really believes it, though like no like for real and then when you hear them, you will understand why.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So I always try to help, you know, tell him to be a little more humble because I know how great he is. So I want the people to just hear it and say it, versus him saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, show them, don't tell them right now, Ski is different.
Speaker 2: He's totally opposite of his brother, super quiet. He don't never say nothing, but he's a monster. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's almos a beautiful balance.
Speaker 2: So that's just the perfect balance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're totally opposite. And how did this relationship come together?
Speaker 2: Actually, it's it because there was a part of that I had previously where him did a joint venture and then eventually he allowed me to just take the group over completely. Because once me and Elan that's locked in on some songwriting stuff, the chemistry was just on a different level. So we decided to just make it full spledge.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So now, yeah, So before the end of the year, they'll be dropping their first record calls. It's the name of the records called Glock on Me, but the clean version is called A Lot on Me. Okay, oh dope, Okay, No, it's the video's coming very soon. Singles coming very soon. So we'll be coming to see you.
Speaker 1: Shoot it, man, play on it, man. Yeah, we'll get fused to get on it.
Speaker 2: You know what, you get fused?
Speaker 4: What's on the other day, I saw something about, you know, the NFL talking about expanding to Africa, right and they were saying, you know, they're already doing their stuff in Europe, et cetera. And the first person I thought about was you, because I don't think there's ever been an artist in my lifetime that's done more for their continent than you. I mean, renewable energy, all the stuff that you're doing. Man, what is the next plateau for Africa as far as commerce, you know, whatever it may be, economy, sports, whatever, do you what do you feel is the next step?
Speaker 2: We? I mean the next I mean development right now is the steps that's happening right But I think Africa right now, the way it's going, it's about to become China, mainly because the Chinese have come in and gave them the blueprint of how they built China in the last fifty years, and now they're applying that same blueprint to Africa. And as you know, Africans are a little bit more aggressive. They work a little bit more harder, and they move around more and they're willing to expand beyond their culture. So I think Africa's gonna grow faster than China did because China was a little bit different. They're more quiet, they're not as aggressive, and they keep everything within culture. Africa is totally opposite of everything, so that they're gonna grow a lot faster, you know what I'm saying, And in the youth, a lot more vibrant. They're so vibrant. And then more than anything, they harness already entertainment and film in Africa already, which China also didn't have. So now imagine having all of those aspects of manufacturing and assembly plants and distribution channels and you know, e commerce platforms, and you mix it with the younger generation of Africa and the minds that they already have there, with the energy that they got with mixing with entertainment and film with almost two billion people, just imagine what that is. So if you're not investing anywhere, I promise you anything that you put in Africa, you're going ten x. Wow. Without even thinking twice, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Give you a twenty before I leave.
Speaker 2: Okay, I come back, come back with two hundred for you take E B TA JPL.
Speaker 1: That's are you? Are you a gambler? Do you gamble?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I don't gamble at all, just like you don't smoke or drink. We don't gamble.
Speaker 2: It's just I've seen the there's well put it this way, anything that outweighed the bad versus the good. I stay away from. Okay, gambling. Yeah, when you win, you win big, but you lose more than you win. Yeah, right, yeah, so I'd rather not lose. Yeah, I'd rather just if I'm a gambler's gonna be on.
Speaker 1: Myself because you can win thirty forty fifty racks, but you could lose your entire home period, which is worth way more.
Speaker 2: Than exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: It's a dangerous place to be. Who's the smartest artist that you've worked.
Speaker 2: With, the smartest artist on your shoulders?
Speaker 1: Paws Like, I think you know there's when when when it comes to brilliance, you embody that is there is? Yeah, because you gotta think intelligence come in different ways too, Sure you know what I mean. Yeah, But if I would say from a perspective of creativity, or probably would be Lady Gotta.
Speaker 2: I would say that for sure. If it comes from a perspective of business, it will probably be Walker flaka Walker Fkka. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, excuse us for being surprised by that. But like, he's brilliant.
Speaker 2: Business wise, he's a brilliant how so he's a whack wrapper, but he makes it up in business one hundred thousand per The kid is brilliant.
Speaker 1: I think he'll tell you that himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he would, That's only why I repeated it. But he was. He wasn't lying. He's super smart.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And he knows how to network. He knows how to put two and two together. And I think being an entrepreneur is understanding what this value is and how this value can become something. Yes, he knows, he knows that. He gets that, and it's not that many people that understood it before master P did. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's master P.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the godfather of understanding that. But even before master P, there was mc Hammer that a lot of people forgot about who had the most brilliant and the best musical contract in the music business.
Speaker 1: And none of that being funded by the Oakland a's right, getting the age to fund your musical career.
Speaker 2: I mean so, I mean we all looked at those certain things that help us kind of condition ourselves from a business perspective, but we all depended on our hustle and just got in, understood it and figured out how to be creative. Right. But they came from a business perspective because a lot of those guys went to college actually had real business degrees. We just figured it out as we got in.
Speaker 1: You know what was Michael Jackson like?
Speaker 2: Off? He was a godfather. I only I only didn't mention him because he's not here no more. But if you're talking about the most the most brilliant businessman and artists in the world, he's the pinnacle. He's a pinnacle. He taught us all how to get without even talking to you. You know. But I was blessed to be in the same room and get those jewels and get that information and understand the dynamics of how the games are played in the music business.
Speaker 1: And the man he was buying catalogs understand right, he bought Paul McCartney's catalog, He understood it.
Speaker 2: He understood that it.
Speaker 1: Did you hear his real voice.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what.
Speaker 1: That sound like? Was it deeper? Loved, deeper deeper.
Speaker 3: That's crazy because I was actually just watching a TikTok video about like his real voice, and I'm like over here trying to really listen.
Speaker 2: But it's crazy because we will.
Speaker 3: I don't think like like the impact that he had, you, like the craziness that fans had for him, the admiration. I've never seen that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Mike was the only person that actually lived a calculated life. Everything about him was choreograft old everything. Yeah, because you got to say he was born into it. So as a kid he learned how to manipulate, not from a bad perspective, but from a good perspective, in other words, separating the man and the artist. Yeah, he'll turn on like this, We'd be having a normal, regular conversation when in the Maid walk In his voice goes from hey, how are you? How are you? Everything? Okay?
Speaker 1: M h m hmm, like on clockwork, turn it on quick.
Speaker 2: You would never know like he knew how to switch it on it off.
Speaker 1: He was a different human being, different and a generational artist. Loves Michael Jackson and my three.
Speaker 2: Year old, and he understood imaging better than anybody. When you start talking about the perception of what this is that the world should know about him, and the perception of what his family knows. There was two different contrasts, you know what I'm saying. So he knew how to sell the audience who he was to them. But then when he's behind closed doors with friends and family, that was a whole different type of mic.
Speaker 4: Wow, he was social media before social media.
Speaker 1: He created his own filters too, headline his only tour with so many songs? Acon, how do you get all these songs done in one night? A night after night?
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's I guess. The more you do it, you start to adjust to the audience depending on who's an audience. You know, which songs that you're gonna play, which songs you're not going to play. The beauty is having a catalog big enough to decide, right, you know what I mean? So, yeah, you got music for every audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, man? And Beautiful Day is out?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And there was you you were were you inspired by that kid who was singing it? That? Right?
Speaker 2: There was? It was that that was actually a wake up call for me. Okay, So to hear him singing that song was one of them things was like, Damn, I did make a huge impact and an influence. You know what I mean, because a lot of people don't have a clue, but what none of my old music sounded like, and what are my older songs sounded like? That's never been released, so they never really know, right, So to hear that and hear him on that record on that on that level, it was like, damn, we're we're literally now influencing kids that wasn't even alive to see my my run. But then when I realized how crazy that song went and how viral it went, I was like, okay, I got to redo this record again.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's.
Speaker 2: And it just happened as I'm thinking that, we go to Miami connected with you Ill rod him and he was like, man, I got this idea. Is this song that I want to play for you? And he plays me that damn song? And I said, bro, we were just talking about that. It was it was it was all, it was all decid.
Speaker 1: It was meant that's right. It was meant to be.
Speaker 3: Hey, check your Richard the Cruse Show. Thanks for listening to The Cruise Show podcast. To make sure to subscribe and hey, auto download so you don't miss an episode, so so so so