Speaker 1: And then we get a ha moment. Bitcoin. Now what's really important for your listeners, And I know this from my global investing Five years before bitcoin was released in January of two thousand and nine, before that came a technology called Empessa, and Empessa was a telecom wanting to find a way to bank the unbankables in Kenya and it exploded.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by Propy, which is leading to charge in putting real estate on chain. Propy is a game changer. You can buy and sell real estate with cryptocurrencies using the Property platform, which is powered by a blockchain of course, and they have a native token call pro And I've been an investor in the Propy token since twenty eighteen. So Propy is a licensed Web three pioneer operating since twent he's seventeen. They have facilitated over four billion dollars in transactions. They're putting titles and deeds on chain. They use Coinbase for their crypto escro service. So this is a great platform and once again they are ahead of the curve when it comes to putting real estate on chain. And they just launch a great campaign where you can earn some of the propy tokens, and it's simply by doing tasks such as sharing their vision video, signing up and inviting a friend, and much more so. If you'd like to learn more about Propy, visit the link in the description. Welcome into the Thinking Crypto Podcast. I'm your host, Tony Edward, and my guest today is Frank Holmes, who's the co founder of Hive Blockchain Technologies and also the CEO and CIO of US Global Investors. Frank, great to have you.
Speaker 1: It's great to be with you, Tony.
Speaker 2: Frank. You have a plethora of experience in the markets, from gold to doing IPOs and tradfy and now of course building with bitcoin and crypto. And I have a lot of questions for you because I want to get your perspectives and you know your loads of experience. But let's start with your background. Where are you from, where'd you grow up? And what's your what made you want to get into finance?
Speaker 1: Well, I characterize myself as a text can a textan Canadian, and I've been living here for thirty five years in Texas, in San Antonio, and I'm known for the world of gold. I wrote a book on gold and that journey of understanding the dynamics of gold, what are the supplied to manufacturers globally gold mining? And you start to realize it takes you down other paths, and the gold space led me down to bitcoin, and in two thousand and fifteen, I launched the first thematic what they call smart baita two point zero it's jets etfrom the New York Stock Exchange to capture the global airline industry. Because I was traveling all over the world. I want something to so how do I get my money back? And all this money I'm spending traveling And so I recognized that something was happening in the bitcoin ecosystem. I went to Consensus in twenty seventeen and I remember vividly Abigail Johnson, the CEO of Fidelity, was speaking at the conference and was talking about bitcoin mining and blockchain why was so important for the backbone? So I'd done work prior to that and said, okay, well, let's see we can launch a bitcoin etf Because I launched the jets well, I realized quickly, at one thousand dollars an hour legal bill, it wasn't going to go anywhere. And I went to Canada and the same thing. They were basically anti bitcoin ETF, and fortunately it didn't really occurred last year that it finally got launched a bitcoin ETF. So I launched the first crypto mining company called Hive Blockchain Technology, and then subsequently changed the name to High Digital Technologies because you realize you're really in the data center business. And I'll give you more color on that, but it was the first crypto mining company, and when we went public, we had some basic value vision statements that we made and that mission was to be green only. So we launched in Iceland and then we went into Sweden, and then after the first halving, we came into Canada in Montreal, and then we built a big campus using eighty megawats on the border of Maine and New Brunswick, so we're only using hydro electricity. And now we've grown to Paraguay where we're going to increase our production profile from six exa hash to twenty five over the next nine months. So we function in nine time zones, five languages, and I'm so proud of the team, Tony. We keep showing up in anthipower as the most efficient bitcoin minor.
Speaker 2: That's amazing and what a journey, Frank And you know you were trying to get an ETF around bitcoin in the early days and certainly it's been an arduous journey for many folks to get to what happened last year with your final approval. You know, what are some similarities that you see with the gold market and bitcoin, because many folks categorize bitcoin as digital goal at store value has some better properties around it than gold itself. And was you know, maybe when you heard Abigail Johnson or what was your first encounter with bitcoin and when did it click for you? What was your aha moment?
Speaker 1: Well, the haha moment is that someone as one of the largest asset managers in the world, doesn't speak at investment conferences but speaks at consensus, and that was saying something big is happening outside of this realm, this world. There's another metaverse and and exploring and discovering the metaverse of crypto was so shocking to me, Like I feel like I was kept in a cave of how it was evolving and learning that there's thirty million kids around mining ethereum with their GPU chips and when they went to bed, so you had this incredible ecosystem before they went from proof of work to proof of steak, which was the disaster which but back then it was interested to see these kids were gamers go to bed mining ethereum. I had a paper route. I slept papers in the snow in Canada in the seventies earning money. And these kids are all of a sudden mining ethereum and they found a way at the age of twelve years old to get cash for it to upgrade them by a new computer system. So they had the exchanges have been created outside of the normal regulative world and methodologies to crystallize in transform this transformation of something digital into cash to be able to upgrade a computer that was an odd to me, and I became so accelerated in learning what was going on.
Speaker 2: And you know, in regards to what you said about the kids mining, right, we're heading into a more digital world. I think we can all agree on that things are not going to get less digital, and the next generation is not going to necessarily want to have gold bars, so to speak, but they're going to deal with digital currencies and NFTs and these different things. Do you see bitcoin becoming a larger acid than gold itself having a larger market cap and so forth.
Speaker 1: It's a great question. I think you will probably find some way how the ordinal art world was able to take a one hundred millionth of a bitcoin and all of a sudden create value by attaching something to it. That's going to happen with gold. I know that I was a fun and was an early investor in the creation of where you make that attachment like an NFT, but you actually have a piece of art that's transferable into one gram of gold that can digitally be sent around and you can make a claim on it somewhere else. So that technology will evolve, and I think probably they're going to become where there's one on one is eleven. I think the whole idea that when people don't realize and all these people buying the bitcoin ETFs Ria is recommending them, they do not know often that one bitcoin is worth one hundred million satoshi's and if they go and buy a penny stock, they might as well just go and spend one thousand dollars and buy one thousand dollars of total h ODL, which is van x bitcoin ETF on Robinhood, and they've got a million satoshi's and when that satoshi hits a penny, that bitcoin is worth a million dollars. Well will that happen? We found from our bitcoin inventory that some of us A tootions were very valuable because of their number sequence at the time that they were mine, and they were worth ten dollars. So when someone said to me that bitcoin go to a million dollars, is it easy? Because it just has to be at a penny, it's worth a million dollars. So the math behind that is Metcalf's law, which basically says that if you have supply limited and demand grows, the price will grow exponentially. I know this from my resource expertise in the diamond world. Did you know that after World War Two only three percent of Americas used a diamond to validate a commitment for marriage. Only three percent is now eighty Because the beers influence, but they control the supply. It wasn't capped the twenty one million coins until the Russians that are flooding the world with diamonds. The de beers had such a monopoly that they grew eighty percent adoption. Then in the sixty five they went to Japan and did it all over again. So what happens is that scenarios shows up in the world of art. If you have one of Picasso's original prints of one hundred, or you had any warholse thousand prints of Mao that came out of one thousand dollars, they went up to fifty thousand dollars because the supply was limited. The adoption and the growth of China and the adoption of any who art it grew exponentially. Well, this makes it very easy and understandable why bitcoin using Metcalf's law will grow exponentially. What other important laws are there are like Moore's law that says the engineering and the cost of a chip is going to drop every couple of years, and therefore it's more affordable for more people and that's driving the technological evolution. Well, you have these laws that are very important, but never forget Murphy's law, because you just don't know when you would think that this year of bitcoins should be on a terran has gone through a correction, So Murphy always shows up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great points, and I love the example of Metcalf's law and network adoption. Now you mentioned that in certain instances, certain stitutions were more valuable. Is talk to us about, you know, what you're encountering in the open market with folks looking to buy bitcoin, whether the institutions are they focused on where this bitcoin was mine and what type of energy was used to mine it.
Speaker 1: No, no, there is, there is for hive hive being green only. Intel approached us and we were the first. We have many first in this trajectory of hive evolving. We're the first to balance the grid before it became a big benefit for Riot coming into Texas. We were doing this in Sweden and first to recycle electron of energy from a data center into a manufacturer building and save that building as one hundred and seventy workers, saving them three hundred thousand dollars a year on their electrical bill. So with that what we found because we have hydro, Intel reached out to us to create the first AS chip with them and it became the buzz Minor. Then they got out of the business. They had other problems of our enough R and D to compete with Nvidia, but were they approached us and inn Vidia allowed us to buy GPU chips that were also used for AI other bitcoin miners that were only miners bought in Vidia chips. They could onwly mine ethereum. We had the ability and the skill set of mining ethereum, and when Ethereum went away from proof of work to proof of steak, we were able to repurpose and start using our GPA chips for AI adoption, and that business is growing slowly and nicely. We see many people coming out and raising a lot of money in the bitcoin mining get into the HPC realm. The million people that we see successfully have done it has been Core Scientific and that's part only because core Weave is funding it. It's very expensive for your listeners to understand one megawater of electricity for bitcoin mining is going to cost you about a million dollars of infrastructure spending. If you're going to go to high performance computing what they call Tier three, it's a minimum ten million dollars of infrastructure spending excluding the chips. So last week when I was at at the Blockchain Summit in Washington, Cambridge Analytics at the University of Cambridge had a study and they said the cost of transport going through the transformation of bitcoin mind to high performance computing for AI is thirty three to one, it's a much bigger spend. So what did we do that was unique. We put our chips on bare metals platforms and where coders could all of a sudden rent them by the hour. They don't have to be locked up and long like on demand supply, and that's what we've been able to provide, and we continue to buy more Nvidia chips and we're now we're going to start building our own data centers that are only high performance computing. But to get the same revenue for one hundred megawat bitcoin mining facility, you need only ten minute megawatts for high performance computing, So this ten to one ratio is important to recognize. But the chips are much more expensive. You're spending thirty five thousand dollars for an Nvidia chip, not three thousand, five hundred dollars, So it's for investors to recognize there are big differences. And then when you're tech technician mining bitcoin, the skill set is very different than GPU chips. It's like driving a Bronco truck versus driving a Ferrari. The engineering, the skills, the temperance like the Ferraris always have to be brought in for updates and checks et cetera. Are Broncos rugged and that's what ACE chips are like. They're rugged, and that's the big difference that you see. But for us, we're so excited about what we're doing, in particular in Paraguay, which I want to come back to, because we are balancing the grid in a different way Tony. In Sweden we are able to hedge and give back the energy whenever there's a spike in the energy, go from thirty megawats to three and fifteen seconds and back up. But in Paraguay they built the biggest dam with Brazil in the western hemisphere, and half of the electricity goes to Paraguay and the other goes to Brazil. If Paraguay doesn't use the energy, it all goes to Brazil. And so they were taking this energy and they were selling it to for a slight markup to Argentina, and Argentina was a disaster till Malay came in and it was no paid, so it had a huge fiscal strain on the government running their business. And so now we've seen Malay give back some of the money. So they went from no pay to slow pay. But bitcoin miners that get paid every month, so it allows them to get US dollars every month, and it's an embedded currency hedge that no bank has the capital base to do except for bitcoin miners. And when we come in we help build their infrastructure. We take this raw high voltage power which would blow out any normal hair dryer and toaster, down to low voltage that we need for these data centers. And that that's fifteen million dollars spend. You know, that's a big spend, but we help the economy, we help the country. We have now employing three hundred some odd people building our data centers out. We're already starting on turning on some of the machines and we'll have a material number next week. That's what we're hoping for as machines come in and the wires come in, but they're is sort of the exciting part is that we'll become the biggest user of electricity for the end. It's called a utility owned by the government, so we'll become an important balancing of the grid for them in a different way than we're balancing the grid in Sweden. Wow.
Speaker 2: And with how things have changed for bitcoin and crypto, I mean, the United States is looking to establish a bigcoin reserve. You have all of Wall Street here looking to launch different products around bitcoin. They've obviously launched a Bitcoin's body TFS, and we're seeing a lot of demand there. Are you on the mining side now getting a lot of demand from investors or customers who want to use your services because we're seeing some sort of game theory play out here.
Speaker 1: For bitcoin, we are. I think that the first big wave of the US becoming a dominant player took place when China dumped all the machines and put people in jail and confiscated and destroyed all the ACIC miners that they could. The idea was important for the listeners of being decentralized, and I'm going to sorry we've back and forth, but in the world of gold, like bitcoin, there are similarities. They're decentralized, so no one government, no one country, no one central United Nations controls the price of gold, and so central banks use gold as a medium the same thing as with bitcoin. The big attraction with bitcoin is that there's one hundred and ninety five countries, one hundred and ninety five central banks, but there are now over twenty thousand notes around the world. And you've got to think of it like the old imagery from watching Star Trek or Star Wars where they have a force shield around them and missiles come in and the force shield sort of bends and then comes right back. It bens, it comes right back. That's the big point force shield around the world. And so China blows everything out and it bens. The prices come down and difficulty comes down, and that comes right back stronger than ever. And who it made it stronger was America, in particular the state of Texas. And so when you start going down the path of what is gold, what is paper money, when you start realizing it all started with the Magna cart in twelve fifteen of where private property rights led to human human humanitarian rights, and whenever in the past thirty years they've taken away private property rights like Venezuela, they've taken away human rights. So really they're connected. Private property and human rights are really so cemented together. And the evolution of private property rights really grew with common law, not with civil law. It grew with common law. Patent law was important. It came from common law and civil law copies which takes place in common law China built their stock exchanges based on common law rules. They the only way to attract capital if you go in downtown Dubai, which is civil law, sharia law all around it. They create a square mile which is common law, and that is the best property rights. So the idea of bitcoin really comes out of the concept of private property rights like gold. So I have cash in my wall, in my pocket here and this is my I have had property, this is mine. It's in my pocket. When I put it in the bank, all of a sudden, I don't have total control. I've lost my private property rights. If they want to shut down or make it difficult for me to get my ATM working, the card doesn't work. So recognizing what is private property in a lot of parts of the world, it's the gold Bengals. The women that got out of Syria the first just took off their twenty four carroc gold and they got out. That was their portable wealth. The same thing with Vietnase people, the boat people in the seventies ago. First they call it a gold tail, a grammar gold got them out. That new ticket out of an oppressed country will be bitcoin because you're able to protect it's more portable than gold. It's but it's not as pretty as gold unless you make the bitcoin design and logo. But gold can be made into so many beautiful jewelry and images, especially when you go throughout India. Every state in India has its own unique design, but it's all twenty four carat. And so I think that what we're seeing in the evolution of the digital world is that bitcoin, no doubt, is the critical element. And the blockchain with which I'm giving a speech next week in Paris on it how it was Looking back in time with ninety one is when two professors are basically Bell Labs. Bell Labs basically invented blockchain as digital timestamp. They went nowhere and along comes hashing power to try to stop spam by doctor beck As, a cryptologist, which is really fascinating to watch. And then we have a big gold by another cryptologist by Nick Sasbol, but they really they just are stepping stones. And then we have Napster, which shows the power appear to appear. And then we have the Defense Department the US on Lisha shaw to fifty six, which is the encryption that's used on your cell phone for facial recognition. And then we get a ha moment. Bitcoin. Now what's really important for your listeners? And I know this from my global investing five years before bitcoin was released in January of two thousand and nine. Before that came a technology called Mpessa and Impessa was the telecom wanting to find a way to bank the unbankables in Kenya and it exploded like it's more than ten percent of the GDP of Kenya today. I was with a driver in London six months ago and he was telling me how he uses it to send money to his family. He has paid him at being a uber driver in pounds and he's able to easily convert to send it down to Nigeria. Another drivers tell me in Ghana SOPs it technology, which shows you the idea of digital timestamp. You realize the real biggest centers of money in the world are telecom companies and banks need the telecom actually to make it work. But they've been trying to stop the evolution and the adoption of bitcoin. The bank lobbying groups in the US have had a major, significant political influence of harming the adoption of bitcoin. But I think we're going past it. We're still going to have this volatility. I agree with Abigail Johnson that blockchain, all stock settlements should be on the blockchain, all federal financial disclosure, et cetera, to be on the blockchain, that the confidentially between the two parties is there. But as all time stamped and an open ledger. I think these are all This adoption is in full speed, and Bitcoin proved it. All the other crypto coins is all because of Bitcoin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, sorry, didn't mean to cut you out there, Frank.
Speaker 1: No, no you didn't. I just start talking about I get I need something to drink because I get so excited talking about it, this technology and how it's evolved, and I see the significance of the ordinal market. I see the significance of Bitcoin. What really surprised me is that hearing last year bitcoin is dead. Bitcoin is dead, and I'm scratching my head. If you stop bitcoin mining, then the whole bitcoin ecosystem actually dies. You need to have these nodes everywhere in the world validating. You need to have this decentralized mechanism. And I think what's going to happen is that Paraguay will become the most dominant place in South America and robob you're going to see in East Africa. Ethiopia is doing everything to be part of the cryptal mining ecosystem, and I think this is really important that America and Europe is going to be, Germany and Sweden and Norway are going to be part really key for this ecosystem to continue to evolve and new technology will come along with it.
Speaker 2: Question on you know, you mentioned that the mining needs to happen or a network fails, right, eventually all biquin will be mine. What do you think happens after that? Will miners keep going to handle transactions and fees?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and there'll be new technology, new breakthroughs like ordinals of how you attach a piece of art. And what a lot of people didn't understand was that having a picture of my nine year old daughter walking down down the beach in Miami holding her hand on her birthday and there's a photograph, and all of a sudden, the value I want that ordinal. I want to just get that ordinal, attach that photograph and digitize this moment in time, and that I can go and get that exact hour. I mean, that's incredible. So the value of that number goes from point zero zero zero sixth sense to all of a sudden worth ten dollars because I'm emotionally attached to that photo. Well, someone else is in Prague, and another person is in Buenos aias another person is in Singapore. They're all having these emotional moments, and those emotional moments all of a sudden can be locked in time and digitized at a specific number sixty four digits. I think is very exciting and only makes the network more valuable, especially when you think of moving grams of gold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell us a bit about your strategy as far as when you mind bitcoin, are you selling it, are you holding it? Or is it like a fifty to fifty split on how you handle the actual token.
Speaker 1: We were the first to do hotaling and we were holding our THEEUM and it was a big win for us, and we sold lovery theory and we did not get into the staking game, and so we then started increasing our bitcoin. We've used it because one of the nice parts there's third party analysts will it will share with you that we have the highest returns on invested capital. So we are if you look at our bitcoin operations, besides being the most efficient mining facilities of how we function. We have the lowest GNA to minor bitcoin. We have the highest revenue per employee mining bitcoin, and we're very frugal of how we manage the operations, and that sort of lends itself into the bitcoin mining and putting it on your balance sheet, because there's a time when you have it. So we had in our balance sheet and it grew. It was sixty percent year over year. Each month, it was growing, growing, growing, and we're expanding into for one hundred megawats into Paraguay, and all of a sudden bitfarms opportunity came in that not only are we going to go one hundred megawats, we're going to attack on two hundred faster. So we would use and souls for a bitcoin at one hundred and one thousand ninety some one thousand to be able to lock up and get that transaction, and it worked out well. You know, we all of a sudden now have a growth plan. I'm not going from six to fifteen mega exa hash, We're going to twenty five and we have the strongest growth profile and it's different than these other cryptal mining companies have been doing all these convertible notes to buy bitcoint that's for me. That is the brilliance of Michael sailor for micro strategy of Michael Senter is done. But all of a sudden, all the other mining companies getting into that realm. Only've done for me is create shorting on their stock. They do these financings and now you say, well, we did Severn fifty million dollars, so if they had to go buy back stock because people are shorting against the position, and most of these guys are offside now that they were buying the bitcoin. And so every time there's sort of been binge buying going in of a debt. And you've seen this when they're all going to Celsius to borrow and other groups at fourteen percent, it dismantled argo. It really hurt many of these crypto mining companies. I've never done that. Every crisis that happened from Celsius to Ethereum going away to sambankment and FTX blowing up the industry, they're that six month period. We still have operating income because we run this operation what we think, so we're being contrarian. We turned down doing a convertible note to go buy more bitcoin we said no, we believe in bitcoin. That's why we're going to buy more machines from all the providers, and that's why I've been able to We're not going to do these convertible notes to buy more bitcoin. We would sell some to research footprint, and then we can replace it very quickly at our balance sheet. So that drives the highest cash, low returnal and investor capital model of all the crypto miners.
Speaker 2: Frank, what are your thoughts? And I have a bit of a concern on this. We saw game Stop just enter the game. They're going to raise one point five billion to buy bitcoin. I am a bit concern about what Michael Sailor and Strategy is doing because of the amount of leverage. Not that if they use their cash on their balance sheet to buy bitcoin, no problem with that, but the excessive leverage. Are you concerned at all about that?
Speaker 1: I'm not so much concerned about him because what we have found with Hive is that these funds are shorting Hive and we're not doing the transaction. Because the size of some of these other crypto mining companies are the funds they're raising, they can't get short the stock. Here's you have to understand capital markets, these convertible notes are often leverage eight to one, so they're going to go and short the heck out of your stock so that they're not going to have this risk and they want a torque on the upside. That's roughly what that model is, Michael Sailor being the first to do this on a scale. And then all of a sudden you see an ETF created with Tesla, a single purposed ETF with Tesla, And what does that single purpose ETF do? And just covered writing? Because Tesla is so volatile, money comes in. They merely sell twenty day calls. Twenty day calls, so the income coming back to that investor is two percent a month, twenty four percent a year, sometimes higher. So Tesla goes down, but they're still getting this return capital and they put that in their four to one K or their IRA and they're getting this this income coming back basically tax free. Micro strategy does it too? Well, what does this really mean? Well, it means that when a market maker has to go and and go short because he's going long the calls, he's forced to do the cover writing. It creates more trading and then they go borrow from the ETF, So a lot of these atfs will lend out their stock that money's gone into, so it's all a borrow game and it's all trading off of basis points. Well, Michael's strategy has so much more liquidity, just like Tesla has so much more liquidity. I think the only company now has been Marathon has been able to get some time of a product, whether money's going in to do the cover writing program. All these traders are trading between various pools of capital they call the dark pool, they call the list of NASDAC pool, and they're trading for basis points in between all these markets as arbitrage that's going on, And so what investors have to realize is they're often leveraged eight to one. Well, some of these funds that are leverage eight to one, they can only handle volatility a three to five percent and they're out. They unwind their position, so Bitcoin starts to sell off of it. They sell eight times, and so you get this greater downfall. And for me, it is frustrating because we're falling with bitcoin prices and but we're growing our revenue, we're growing our peti hash and so we're funded so I'm very happy where we're positioned for that growth. But we do see that the that we're being used as a case. So some of these funds say, let's take ten crypto mining companies and we'll short the whole basket to buy this convertible note. That's what's going on, and it's very different than micro strategy, which has a big and dollar ETF that has much more liquidity around it for him to go do his funding.
Speaker 2: God, I appreciate that clarity.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry it sounds confusing.
Speaker 2: No, it's great insight and I'm definitely learning here. It's I appreciate that knowledge. I want to get your thoughts on the bitcoin reserve and what we're seeing globally. We have Bhutan that has been mining and buying bitcoin as well Al Salvador. Well, the United States just put up a big flag that we want to establish as bigcoin reserve. Frank, do you see central banks in the coming years holding bitcoin like they do gold.
Speaker 1: I think all the terror for right now is creating a distraction from central banks sitting down around a table to say we better own some, or government politicians to own some. And we've seen the unsettling of what's taking place right now. And when you look at governments, as I do this as a money manager and I write this at all my prospectuses, we believe that government policies are a precursor to change. Thus we monitor and track basically the g If you look at the G ten countries based on GDP or population, they will move markets around the world. So you have to look at either fiscal or monetary policies. When we see there's a trade war with tariffs, that's a fiscal policy. Historically, when this starts to take place globally with the G ten countries, then the global world starts to shrink in trade and it's trying to find a balancing until all of a sudden it changes. This cycle under President Trump is driven differently than in the thirties. In the thirties it was driven by farmers. Farmers had a big say in politicians and voting, and they came when the Hootsmaal teriffs and it creates this tariff war, and everyone in the world hated America for a couple of years. Then they had to redo it all and they start getting back, but it takes long to rebuild those relationships, and so We are just in the vortices of this sort of downdraft of people trying to figure out what will it. Trade warfs mean, is a legitimacy to it. Who's behind this in a big way are unionized manufacturers. You saw when President Trump spoke this week, he brings on the union bosses to talk about what's happening in manufacturing. So this is political, there's a rational reason behind it. How it's delivered is not for me. I think that how you treat Canada versus how you treat China as the same blood hammer is just not good. But it is what it is, and it creates this sort of unwinding in the capital markets, which has impacted bitcoin prices. Because bitcoin has now gone mainstream with ETFs its recognizing that transition of coming into this ecosystem. So I think the adoption will continue. I think when we get stability on the teriff dilemma of where things are, that all of a sudden, other governments will start to acknowledge that. In the interim they continue to buy gold and the financial calamity, we'll continue to see central banks buying more gold and gold is far ow performed this century. The s and P five hundred and gold has been accepted since they create the GLD. The bitcoin ETFs are unprecedent how fast they grew in the acceptance of them as an asset class. But I still think it's just we're going to have to get stability on the tariff dilemma before we get stability on bitcoin pricing mechanism. Then we'll get govern So I believe it will happen. I believe that we'll start to see other jurisdictions. You're seeing now Europe raising almost a trillion dollars to create their own military manufacturing regime because of the statements made by President Trump. What we've also seen, in a very quiet way, index owners in Europe have changed the index holdings of the Magnificent Seven because of market cap. They grew so big they automatically signal they can't grow more than eight percent. There can't be fifteen percent of their indexes for all their pincher funds. So there's been selling. So we're now feeling that selling pressure in the stock market, and so it's just a reset button we're going to go through. I don't think it slows down the retail the coders and the big point eCos. I don't think that that gets stented. I think the use of AI, of how they can make data centers better, how they can do the nodes better. I think we're going to see that become more granular. It's estimated the next five years that we're going to go from which opened up the concept of AI for everyone from these open generative use the Internet, so they thinking all the data just from the Internet. What's happening is they're going to do nothing but law, nothing but medical research. There's nine hundred types of cancer. They're going to become focused and you have become a data engineer on an expert medicine for one of those cancers using AI, and you will take all the research papers, et cetera, start building that database. So we're going to see a huge growth in data engineers. Besides data scientists making a lot of money today is going to be the builders, just like bitcoin datability these days, we're builders. And what I share with your readers, you got to think about there's no one central government, but we the people investors putting money into Hive have built these data centers for this decentralized mechanize in the world Hive has been the leader in being all over the world. We're not just in one state or country. We will now look to go into America because the government's policy under President Trump are not vilifying anyone in this in the crypto ecosystem unless you're a bad actor. The laughter you and I think that's great, But overall they want to attract. Texas wants to attract, So we'll look for opportunities in America. But until the stability was here, which is now, we have gone all over the world and we are part of decentralized bitcoint mining and I'm proud of that.
Speaker 2: I love it, Frank, I love what Hive was doing. And you're taking a different approach than the other minor out there. I know we're coming up on time, so I have some wrap up questions here for you. First, if you could create your own metaverse, what would theme be?
Speaker 1: What was the question? Sorry? Metaverse?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you could create your own metaverse, put your Oculus or Apple pro on, you know, what would the world be?
Speaker 1: What would the world be? It'd be just what it is today and hopefully the process of technology and digital will take more people out of poverty. The electrifying. What you're seeing in Ethiopia, the building out the infrastructure, what we're doing in Paraguay. We're building out the infrastructure, will put more electricity, more air conditioning in all the kids' schools. We're already doing that right now. We're putting air conditioning in a school near our data centers ninety degrees fahrenheit and there's no air conditioning, so that's one of the first things. So that helps overall educate people, so that more people are educated, more people are having a GDP per capita that allows them to feel they can enjoy the freedom that bitcoin provides them with. The last thing I want to share you my journey was realizing in Argentina, which is so close to Paraguay, is that Argentina in two thousand and two confiscated all your bank accounts at US dollars and they still haven't given them back. And that allowed for tether to grow in many countries. So when you went there, there's no foreign currency exchange. Banks will not they will give you paesels at a very terrible rate, but you have to go in the street and they'll give you much more. That whole economy has stayed alive because of twenty five big dollars of cash and pillows. And it's recognizing that. And the last part in that the idea that it's going to evolve with Malay in a very positive way. But coming back to Paraguay for your listeners, Paraguayans love Americans. I'm going to repeat this. Paraguayans are not Morduro from Venezuela, They're not Pedro from Colombia. They love America. And why is that because there was basically ninety percent of the men were wiped out in eighteen seventy when Brazil and Argentina and Uruguy were trying to take over their rich land of soil, and President Hayes in America solved that problem and Paraguay to this day celebrates as a national holiday of November twelfth, and one of the richest state in the country is Hayes. So they are there today because of America.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I didn't know that bit of history. I appreciate that context, so I'll have to research that. After some rapid fire questions. Favorite food.
Speaker 1: Part of me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have some rapid fire questions for you, such as what's your favorite food?
Speaker 1: Favorite food probably bread, different tastes and different flavors of bread. Favorite musician or band, whatever reason. Let me see if I turned up my volume here, I didn't you. I apologize, Oh, no worries.
Speaker 2: Well we'll add it according to you. But a favorite musician or band.
Speaker 1: My favorite musician Earth Wind and Fire.
Speaker 2: Favorite movie, favorite movie, Chariots of Fire, favorite book, favorite book.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm such a big reader. Oh you have to fiction non fiction, Tom Clancy. If it's fiction, if it's a biographies and autobiographies, I would say probably in the sciences, there's so many of them. But one of the books is a money Manager. Is a book called Misbehavior of Markets. The mathematician behind fractals and how it rates to the stock market, and it comes back from Einstein, so it's called Misbehavior of Markets. I love books by Malcolm Gladwell about his simple books. It's easy to read. I find he does a great job of making a look at the world differently. And I quote a book that's called The Wisdom of Crowds. John Sirwaki wrote, it's a wonderful book about one or crowds. Wise, I'm one or crowds foolish.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I'll have to check that one out. It sounds fascinating because I often talk about herd mentality when it comes to markets, so I'll definitely check that out. And when you are not working at high what are you doing for fun?
Speaker 1: I have. I'm blessed with a nine year old daughter and I love to travel, travel the world and with her and my wife and I run. I'm a runner. I just turned seventy and I went out and run seven miles and I thank God every mile that my knees are still good.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's amazing, Frank, that's inspirational right there. Frank, absolute pleasure. Love what hive is doing, and I would love to have you back on in the future. Thank you so much for joining me.
Speaker 1: Thank you