Speaker 1: It's nice time with Dan Ray. I'm telling you easy Boston Radio.
Speaker 2: All right now, Grippin appreciate it very much. So here's what I'd like to do. With your permission and your cooperation. I simply can suggest the topics you you can you can decide to arise to debate or not. But I know there's been a lot of talk and conversation about Bidenomics. The stock market had a very good day today, and apparently they said that because the the inflation rate dipped by a tenth of a percentage point from last July when it was three percent, and this past July, meaning July twenty twenty four, it was two point nine percent. That got the market going today. And of course many people were going to try to say, hey, we just proves that things are going great here. This was the president yesterday when he was asked by someone in the press pool if he had beaten inflation cut number one, Rob.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, I told you to have a soft landing.
Speaker 2: We're going to have a soft landing my policies and work and start writing that way. Okay, all right, that's pretty direct.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Of course, Donald Trump sees it somewhat differently. So this is the former president in North Carolina yesterday cut number two.
Speaker 5: Rob Does anyone here phil richer under Kamala Harris and Crooked Joe than you were during the Trump administration? Is anything less expensive under Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: And Crooked Joe.
Speaker 5: I mean, we had inflation that I don't believe we've ever had inflation like that.
Speaker 2: You can go back a long way.
Speaker 5: Are you better off now with Harris and Biden than you were with a person named President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump?
Speaker 1: Do you know him?
Speaker 5: He's a nice gentleman.
Speaker 2: So earlier today I believe it was No, I guess it was yesterday. Jared Bernstein, who's the head of the White House Council of Economic Advisors, in the wake of yesterday morning's report of inflation again year to year being down from three point zero percent to two point nine percent, That, of course, is peggybacked on top of the previous year's inflation up, which was as much as nine percent. Okay, take a look at what you're paying in stores for regular things. I mean a package of Oriole cookies, I mean whatever you want, a gallon of milk. That's been my experience. Maybe some of you can help me find a better stores to work up. But Bernstein was asked about the fact that voters may hear these these these analysis, but they're not feeling it. So this was Jared Bernstein yesterday cut number nine.
Speaker 1: When I talked to.
Speaker 6: Voters in the field, when my colleagues talk to people, they still don't think the economy isn't a better shape than it was when President Biden christ took office.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know about that in terms of the broader economic assessment of where the you know, the economy is, because you know, I think people do know that the job market's been strong. Sixteen million jobs, that's record job growth. The unemployment rate has been historically low. GDP growth has been strong. But I think your question is a valid one, which is Okay, people, I think are aware of many of those many of many of the elements of that progress, but they're still discomforted by the high prices.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I mean I agree with him there. I think that a lot of the numbers of phony numbers. And we lost millions of jobs because of COVID. Okay, it was as simple as that. There were when you think about it, there were restaurants that were closed. There were stores that were closed. Those businesses laid people off. They have come back, many of those restaurants, and many of those stores have come back. Okay, there wasn't much of a need for Walmart greeters. For example, when when COVID hit, Birnsting went on to say, he was again I think I think he added to this comment, this is a comment nine A again the head of the White House Council of Economic Advisors, trying to make it simple. I guess you know.
Speaker 7: I have three words for people who feel the way you just said, which is, we hear you. The President hears you, the Vice President hears you. We will never stand here and say, oh, no, you're wrong. Look at the GDP statistics. You know that's not the way it works. That's not President Biden's orientation. We believe that people are the best arbiters of how they experienced this economy, and that's why we're working so aggressively on agenda, on an agenda to help them cut costs in all the areas I ticked through before, to make investments in ki areas, particularly in places that have long been left behind and hollowed out by irresponsible trade policy.
Speaker 2: Very nice words, but I don't know what they mean. Now, maybe some of you can explain to me what they mean. I just don't know what they mean. And then when we hear the White House Press Secretary Caarine Jean Pierre, she said this earlier this month, was on August sixth. Again, she works for President Biden. I get it, she's not gonna say anything that's negative, but this is a little hyperbole here cut twenty four, please Rob, and we understand.
Speaker 6: What the President inherited when he walked in was a you know, an economic economy that was in the downturn.
Speaker 8: He had to turn that around.
Speaker 1: And that's what the president was able.
Speaker 2: To do, turn the economy around. Well, I don't know about that, but that's what the that's what they say. So my question is real simple, how's your economy? Are you making more money these days? Inflation cumulatively over the last four years is up around twenty percent? Okay, simple as that most items are, on average, are going to cost you twenty percent more. So that package of cookies that was I don't know, two ninety nine in the in twenty eighteen or twenty nineteen, Nile's going to be man two three seventy five, three seventy nine or whatever a gallon of gas. You know what you were paying for gas? I mean, is it as bad as it was? No? Is it gonna go down more? I'm not sure.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: And there are factors over which we frankly have no control. I mean, if if war breaks out in the Middle East, you can blame, you can lay that, You can lay that at the feet of a politician and say, hey, you did a good job here, whatever. But I just want to know how you're doing. Are you going out to dinner as often as you did back in the in the late teens? You know, essentially, when Donald Trump was president, before COVID, obviously COVID, our world changed for about a year and a half dramatically, and we're still feeling consequences of it. COVID was not Donald Trump's fault. COVID was not Joe Biden's fault. COVID was China's fault. No matter how you cut that, folks, It's as simple as that. And that is not an anti Chinese statement. It came from China, whether it came from a lab or whether it came from a what market, or whether it came from some bat that, somehow someone ate. There's all sorts of theories. But my question to you is how are you doing? How are you doing? Do you have more money in the bank, do you feel more comfortable? Obviously, mortgage prices have gone up. My son was telling me the other day that he back in I guess it was I'm trying to think twenty eighteen, he was able to refi at a two point seven five percent. I mean he said, hey, you know, never find a mortgage like that two point seven five percent today. So it's really a question. It's a personal thing. And also will it affect how you will vote? Will your economic circlemstances push you to vote one way or the other. You've got two choices and maybe it won't. Maybe you, irrespective of how well you're doing or how poorly you doing, you are going to vote Democrat or Republican. I just want to know how we talk about the economy, talk about the GDP, talk about the inflation rate, uh, talk about the feder Reserve. Will they will they cut rates? Will will rate stay the same? All of that stuff, okay, which is what you'd call macro economics. That's what it's called macro economics. Okay, the price of gas, you could you could impact you. You can't impact the price of gas. You can impact the way you drive your car as opposed to doing five errands every day. If you have the time, you know, drive to the to the to the laundry, get your clothes, drive home, drive to the to the grocery store, get your food, come back home, drive to the post office, mail your letters, come back home. Oh. The smarter way obviously, Uh. Perhaps less convenient is make a list, pick them up, one two, figure it out how you're going to go and save yourself some mileage. So the question is, how is your economy working right now? Uh? And if you want to give Joe Biden credit and tell me that daidnomics has been the best thing that you've ever experienced, that's great. If you want to tell me it's all a bunch of whoy uh and that you're worse off now than you were four years ago, that's fine too. Six one seven thirty, triple eight nine two nine ten thirty or six one seven, nine, three one ten thirty. Your points of view are what makes this program work because we get every night a variety of callers, different callers last night, I think we had four first time callers in a row. I haven't had four first time callers in a row in a long time, to be honest with you, because we have UH callers who call infrequently, callers who call more frequently. UH. But to get four first time callers in a row, that was pretty good. I'd love to get some first time callers tonight. But I want to hear from you, whether you've called before or not. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, ten thirty those are the two best numbers. How is your economy working in your household? Or are you? Are you just such that you can buy whatever you want to buy? Open it up, let's go. I want to hear your story up close and personal. Coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: He's just talking to Rob. You're on the break. And everyone is different, Everyone really is different. Single people, married couples, married couples with kids, older folks who are looking to retire. The economy, which of course again is the macroeconomy, effects all of us differently. And I just let to get a sense from you as to how your economy is going. Let's start it off with Jim in Bridgewater. Jim, you were next on Nightside, first this hour and night Side. How's your economy, Jim.
Speaker 10: Dan, I've always been a frogo guy. I drive a twenty year old car. I have a forty year old boat. I've always been lucky enough to.
Speaker 3: Fix and maintain those things good.
Speaker 10: But under Trump, I had extra money. We could go out and use those things more we could use we had money in the bank, we could go out to dinner, you know. But now it's it's a paycheck to paycheck like Style flarees, it's it's And I don't understand how people are blinded and as soon as the other side says something flowery and happy, they're like, oh, yeah, this is this is the way it's going to be. Look, look it's all turning around.
Speaker 4: Well here's the.
Speaker 2: Thing, here's the thing, and the reason I'm doing this tonight is really simple. The average person, including me, gets overwhelmed by the economists because just like you can get at a criminal trial, you can get expert witnesses on any side of the issue. You know, if you're doing blood testing, if you're doing forensics there there are hired guns out there. So when you hear a conservative economists say oh, things are terrible and uh and we're heading in the wrong direction, or then you hear Austin Goldsby who will say, oh, this is great everything we're coming around the president talking about it's a soft landing. Well, I don't know if it's a soft landing. To be really honest with you, I mean, it's that's all hyperbole. And it comes down to how are we feeling? How am I feeling? How are you feeling? You know, I've I've been blessed to have a pretty good job for a long time. Uh and and I've been pretty immune to the ups and downs. But but not everybody is that is that way, and that's why I'd like I'd like to find out who who's happy who's not. So you're not happy, Jim, right.
Speaker 10: And I'm not happy for my friends that I know they can't fix things, and I know they have car payments and mortgages, and I feel I don't even ask them to come out because I know they can't afford to come out. You know, it's just so upsetting.
Speaker 2: So who's the one. Who's who's to blame for that? Is it? Do you pin that on someone or is that just the ebb and flow and the economy irrespective of who's in the White House or who isn't.
Speaker 10: I absolutely blame the administration. It's one hundred percent. You've seen it every day on the new not on the news because they hide it constantly. But listening to people that are intelligent and do things like you do, and you know, stay in the middle as best you possibly can with the facts.
Speaker 8: And well I always the fact.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, the thing that's great is that each one of us have our own set of facts. I mean, you know, no one you know, you're right when the when the inflation number yesterday came out and said that year to year, you know, July to July inflation was only up two point nine percent, so it was under this magic number of three percent. So that was good. However, you know, your set of facts might be different than my set of facts, and you are going to rely when you go to the polls on your set of facts, just like how we rely upon my set of facts, you know. And that's what's beautiful. We all have within When they talk about the American economy. We all we all have an economy ourselves. That's the point that I'm trying to drive home tonight, right that it really is what your economy feels like. And I get at this point you're not happy with your economy. Great college, Jim.
Speaker 10: Relationship also very impressful.
Speaker 2: No whole question about that. They say that when you talk about married couples, the greatest problem, the problem that most married couples have who have problems a financi is financial. Absolutely, Sun Jim, great call, Thank you so.
Speaker 8: Much, have a good night, Thank you too.
Speaker 2: Let's keep rolling here. Let me see who's next. They're going to go to an in Boston. And the same question for you, how's your economy doing.
Speaker 11: Well? I could say that twenty nineteen was definitely a lot better two thousand. I'm in the service industry and I was rocking. I mean I had so from two thousand until twenty sixteen, I was helping somebody who was very, very sick and died. And then after that I really was able to work, and I worked really hard. I'm a hard worker, and I was doing so well and I was ready to buy a house. I was going to buy a house up in New Hampshire, and nothing exactly, you know, just I always live within my means. But and then they shut us down March twenty, twenty twenty, and I literally, in front of my eyes watched every house that I had on railtor that I was just so excited to look into more and more, just go in front of my eyes, contingent, contingent, contingent, and they basically shut I don't know who's responsible, if it's Baker or Marty Walsh, but I don't believe it was President Trump. I do believe that it was state. The decisions of the state so on that I'm going to go with. I don't believe it was Trump's fault. I just I don't. But that being said, they shut me down for five months.
Speaker 2: When I went back, well, you say they shut you down. Did you own a business or were you an employee of a business.
Speaker 11: I was an employee, and just give me very very business.
Speaker 2: You're just generically what were you doing?
Speaker 11: If I could ask, let's uh in the alternative health business to put it that way, okay, and yeah, I wouldn't be too specific.
Speaker 2: I love that. I'm not gonna pry so alternative health and things were going really well for you. But when COVID hit, Yes, and look, Massachusetts was a fairly restrictive state. I can remember you had to you had to wear masks all the time and uh, and then we had shortages and which was which was no one's fault? I mean the fact that people went to stores and hoarded toilet paper, for example. But the feeling that you had in the summer of twenty nineteen when things were rolling for you soon about the change, that feeling hasn't come back, right.
Speaker 11: No, So when we reopened, my client said, well, the U haul truck just kept coming. So we decided to move too, and you know, a lot of people moved out of the city. And I worked really hard, as a lot of people do in the city, building a clientele, and then nine months later we ended up closing. And so unfortunately, I had a feeling that was going to happen, and Boston was very empty. I would walk around the city and see, you know, retail space available, apartment space available, commercial space. I mean it was frightening actually. So then a lot of.
Speaker 2: That, by the way, still has not come back. Ye, a lot of that has not come back.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, really neither have I. So I haven't really been back to Boston. I'm from Boston, and I love Boston. I think it's the greatest city in the whole country. And I've been all over the country.
Speaker 2: Where are you're working? Now, generally you don't have to tell me exactly where you've been out in the suburbs, somewhere up in New Hampshire. Where are you working?
Speaker 11: It's been difficult. So I decided not just yeah, I decided not to go back to Boston. And I did go up to New Hampshire and it wasn't the same. It's just been very different. It's not the same busyness that I've had. And I would say that my income has gone down from easily the seventies to the twenties and thirties. Huge job, and I've had to drive a lot further which and gas has gone up, so my cost of getting to work is higher. But I am single, and I don't see like I have it at so I also I decided to go to Florida to see if that was a better economy, but actually I won't go into that. But I wasn't happy with it down there, so I came back and now I can't even find an apartment. I'm actually I'm either staying with friends or hotel. I can't find an affordable apartment. It has gone up so high that I just it's impossible. And so that's where I'm at. But I have saved. I am not you know, I knew something was coming. And if I can also say, I don't believe it's Biden, I don't believe it was Trump. I think it goes back further. I think it goes back to Obama. I think it has to do with overspending. I think the Fetter Reserve has something to do with it. I think printing, printing, printing for many years. I think getting off the gold and silver standard has a lot to do with it. I don't think it's just one administration. I think it's a very complex problem that we really need to learn from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I can tell you that that no matter who gets elected, Republicans and Democrats. When when Bill Clinton left office, we were we had a federal debt of about five trillion dollars. When George Bush left office eight years that federal debt had increased to about ten It had doubled to about ten trillion dollars. When President Obama left twenty sixteen, it was up to about twenty trillion dollars. It also doubled, and Donald Trump pushed it up, and Joe Biden pushed it up. Now, both Biden and Trump could say, well, nobody else dealt with COVID, the world shut down, but they both everything's gone up. We now have a debt of about thirty five trillion dollars and a GBT a gross domestic product GDP of about twenty six twenty seven trillion dollars, and so that's dangerous areas to be I I loved your call, but I really got a run up gone on longer than I've gone through the newscast almost. Hey, great call. Please continue to call this program. It's a great call.
Speaker 11: Thank you great again.
Speaker 4: I have a great All.
Speaker 2: Right, we're gonna keep rolling here. I have one line at six one, seven thirty. I have two lines at five at six one, seven nine thirty. My question is really simple, really simple. Everyone should be able to participate. How is your economy? Ian just explained her economy like an economist. You don't have to be that sophisticated. I want to know how your economy is are you feeling good? Are you feeling not so good? Back on night side.
Speaker 1: After this, you're on night Side with Dan Ray on WZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep rolling here. We we're gonna go next to Hey, let's go to Glenn and Brighton Glenn, how's your economy? I know that you hurt in the economy as a piano tuner, for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah. By the way, before I get to that, my heart goes out to that last color where she sounds like a wholesome human being.
Speaker 2: Excellent, she was.
Speaker 4: Not only not only I love the way she.
Speaker 2: Very intelligent, thoughtful, and clearly has done a lot to improve her lot and everything has gone southward.
Speaker 4: Right, it sounds like she went from riches to rags. It's really sad.
Speaker 2: I'm with you on that for sure. Thanks for making that comment. That's very thoughtful. I hope she heard it.
Speaker 4: Thanks you too. So it stinks, As I told you, screener, I'm trying to be poite about it before. First of all, the Yeah, the music store that I've been working for since twenty thirteen is going out of business on September first, and they're evicting the tenants and they're auctioning off everything in the building and they're selling the building going yep, I won't even get to say goodbye to my favorite piano that's in the cat corner in the back of the store.
Speaker 2: But that's that's terrible, really is terrible. Why are they going out of business that.
Speaker 4: People not Well, that's what I'm going to get to. Before the virus, I was working Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday three days a week, and we were selling pianos and people were calling the store and they would drive me out to tune them. But after, even though the pandemic is over, people the economy is such people don't want to pay that. People aren't wanting their pianos tone, they're not wanting to buy that. We haven't sold anything. Nobody's calling the store looking for a tuner. H And it just got to the point where the wife and the two daughters told the husband, look, we can't do this anymore. The guy that owns it, the husband is a dieheart acoustic piano person.
Speaker 2: But wall I want, I mean, have pianos gone out of style?
Speaker 4: I mean, well, partially, I mean the digital pianos are becoming more popular because they're easier to move around. They never needed tuning. It's like the Maytag with paying me.
Speaker 2: What is a digital piano?
Speaker 4: Well, it's not an acoustic. It's an electronic piano that's pre tuned at the factory and it stays that way through it. Because it's so it's.
Speaker 2: It's smaller, it's more portable, expensive, right, yes, yeah, but it's not that.
Speaker 4: Doesn't take ten men and a small boy to move it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'll hear you. I totally hear you. Yeah, but there's nothing like having a piano in your home. I mean, if you have to, and they're not. It's not the most I mean, people can throw money away in a lot of stuff, but a piano, as always I thought was a pretty good investment because you're never going to lose money.
Speaker 4: At the piano hand infect my hair goes off to Morgan Way while you were vacation vacation, he had the Winnikers on and he let me give my name and number over the year if anybody wants here piano tune. Actually, the Winnikers said, can go and give this. There was their idea. I hope the program director doesn't get upset.
Speaker 2: But you did any business with I don't know not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not a single call.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you what what do you want to get? I hasten to do that. You know, do you do you have a website that people can go to.
Speaker 4: No, I'm I'm computer illiterate. I'm a tragodyte. My friends call me troggy pooh.
Speaker 2: Why don't I do this if anybody wants needs a piano tuner instead of me having you put your number out of the air, which can be dangerous. If anybody is in need of a great piano tuner, Rob, you can have them give them my phone number if they want to call in my direct line and I'll tell you what it is at six one seven seven eight seven seven oh three three call me and I'll put you touch with Glenn if you give me permission.
Speaker 4: Glenn to give you a Yeah, you have my information. Fact, I haven't heard from you in a while. I weave you messages, but I thought you didn't love me anymore, you know, I just.
Speaker 2: Get back from Europe. Man, I gotta tell you, do you have many messages? How many emails I got to get rid of? I trust?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know? And you know how many people call me during the day and they'll they'll call up just to kind of chat, and it's like, right, you know, as much as I love all you guys, I try to be a little a little fear.
Speaker 9: But it's just tough to spend, uh, you know, every you know, I get, you know, probably twenty to fifty phone calls a day and a couple of hundred emails and emails a people who I don't know, and they're looking for either advice I had. Yeah, well I'm legal or financial and I don't do financial advice because I'm not a certified you know, financial advisor.
Speaker 2: But I try to be polite. But you know, someone like you, you know, if you call up and just tell me a story about what's going on, I'm probably not going to call you back and say, geez, Glenn, that was an interesting story. If you call up and you got a problem, that's a different story. So if anybody wants a great piano tuner in the greater Boston area, Glenn and Brighton does a great job. And if you want and reasonable reasonable prices with Glenn, okay, but they got that under the wire there. And if you have a piano you want, how often do people get pianos.
Speaker 4: Tuned well ideal, you should do it every six months to maintain this. I mean if you do it a year or a year and a half, that's fine. What happens I wanted the stuff that hasn't been done since nineteen seventy three, and they wonder why it takes me five hours? And I tell them pianos are like teeth. If you neglect them, they're going to let you know it. I know because I neglected my beautiful teeth.
Speaker 2: And now I have situation but that you should charge on a on a per hour basis as opposed to a per job basis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do by the job. Someone said I charge it should charge one hundred bucks an hour.
Speaker 2: Well, whatever I've come up with the number, maybe have a minimum number of one hundred and fifty dollars an hour. But if it's if it exceeds you, if it exceeds two hours, charge him seventy five an hour. So if it's four hours, it's three hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Years ago, very quick, A couple of years ago, Johnny mutual friend, Johnny Volzio, got me two pianos to tune at the Cattle Center and they gave me two hundred and fifty dollars apiece, but they have since gotten rid of the pianos. I don't know why what they all?
Speaker 2: Right, Glenn, we tried to generate some business that people would like to have. Glenn, come in to me a piano, reasonable price, great piano tuner, uh six eight seven, seven oh three three, and I'll pass. They'll ban numbers along. Okay, thanks Glenn, Thank you? All right, that quick break, coming right back on Nightside, Bill, Mike Herschel, Warren, We got you all coming up right after the break.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World Nice Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Here Herschel, Herschel's in Boston. Herschel, how's your economy?
Speaker 8: Well, Dan, I have a particular view on all this stuff. I'm just I'm gonna try and make it quick. Number one, I personally don't believe whether the Trump, Bush, Reagan, Obama, Clinton, Biden or Harris can fix the majority of our issues. What happens is, as far as I'm concerned, each president gets in, each administration gets in, and they tinkle with certain stuff, and it seems like you're getting more money. But at some point in time, you're gonna you're gonna pay for what you're missing out on. Now, Okay, the stockholders control the gas prices, so you're the president, and the gas prices go down, you get credit for that. But also when the gas prices go well, you take the hit for that.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know about let me. Let me pick a fight with you just a little bit here. If all of a sudden things blow up in the Middle East tomorrow, okay, uh, and let's say that the hoodies are blocking you know, ships leaving for the Middle East. I guarantee if gas prices are going to go up because the supply, the gas supply will be reduced.
Speaker 8: And I agree with you there. I'm talking basic, everyday, regular life. I'm not talking about extreme circumstances. Okay enough, basically out of control.
Speaker 2: Okay. Of one of the reasons that the gas prices went down under Trump, and I will just say this is because of COVID. Fewer people were using their cars, So there are external factors that do affected.
Speaker 8: But go ahead, that's true. But you know, again, we're talking about something extreme that's out of our basic everyday control. Okay, food prices, how many how many people actually own the major food stores across the country, like the Shaws, the Stop and Shop, uh you know, and others tigli wiggly roups out in Capable.
Speaker 2: I think they're owned by big corporations. The Shaws is now owned by Colbertson there right, you know, I means is still a family owned business, but they're they're big corporations.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, I would say, and why can't this see, in my opinion, the things that the president can do and they don't do because and this is a dirty statement that I'm about to make, sometimes they really back off some stuff. It's almost like I'm going to give you part of this candy and I'm going to keep the other half so that you'll want more. Okay, If I was president, I would call all these corporations the head CEOs on a zoom call. If they look, these people out here are hurting. You need to fix it, and I want each one of you to tell me now on a zoom call, how you're going to fix it, and I'm gonna hold you to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, that's called job boning. That's called job boning, and presidents have done that before. But I don't really want a president calling supermarkets and tell them to cut prices because I think that that. Look, I go into supermarkets now, this stuff that I bought five years ago that I will not buy because the price is twice twice as expensive. Okay, it's as simple as that. Okay, that's my decision. Now. If other fools are going to go in there and spend eight dollars for cookies that cost three dollars you know, five years ago, that's not my problem. Good luck. Enjoy the cookies. They're not worth it to me.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 8: Now, your statement just leads me to my next point. Okay, Okay, Dad used to say this years ago. People do exactly what they want to do, right, sure, And I look at the football stadiums, I look at the basketball games, the Olympics, yeah, women'ston tennis. These crowds are not lacking. They're in there, so somebody's paying the price. And I just feel people pay what they want to. Pray. Now, when it comes down to a president again, I don't believe a president has all the answers. I think people vote for a president that has the charisma that they like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we have a capitalistic system. What I'm saying is if you and I want to go to a Patriots game, Okay, we're gonna have to pay to get a good seat. What now, two hundred bucks. I'm not gonna pay two hundred bucks to go to a Patriots game to get good seats. I'm gonna watch it on.
Speaker 8: TV, you know what. And I agree with you, But somebody's gonna pay.
Speaker 2: My point is, yeah, and as long as there's somebody paying two hundred bucks, keep charging two hundred bucks. That's what's called capitalism.
Speaker 8: Right, I know what. And the two hundred well, I don't have a problem capitalism. You know, get what you can get. My thing is, if people are paying what they want to pay, don't really complain too much because that's what you want to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But at the same time, there are some people out there who do not have that disposable income. You heard Ian earlier herschel. I love your call. You first time call her and know have you called before?
Speaker 8: I've called before, sir.
Speaker 2: Do me a favorite. Keep calling, very thoughtful calling. I want to try to get one more in here before the break.
Speaker 8: Okay, no problem, you have a good day.
Speaker 2: Personal YouTube. Appreciate the call. Coming back on night's side. But let me get before that. We got Mike and Beverly. Mike, you've been holding on the longest.
Speaker 3: Go right ahead, Hey, Dan, goodding, Mike and the car Hawaii. Can hear anybody?
Speaker 2: I could hear you find mikeel right ahead.
Speaker 3: The inflation, Dan, so listen, I'm in Beverly. I'm in long time with Cavey. That call before the end. By as far as the prices go, it'siculous. I'll lively either homeless my car or I live in the room. Enough now I can't afford a parma, Dan, And like I'm hope with in an election, I want to move on to Masters and move into Hampshire because I want to go to a mobile home trailer park. There's something I can afford because I'm fifty seven. Then I'll be fifty eight in November. I can't afford a home and I don't have kids on that sort of stuff then, And this Masters is just too much money, too much money. I can't I can't do it here. And it's just crazy the amount of inflation. And it's still the yadd I'll pay my tax, Dan, And it makes it hard for myself to stay in recovery, and doing this sort of stuff again. I see all those you know, Marty Healley, giving them money away to free free people, and like, why can't I get something of it? I pay my tax, do all that stuff. It worked, and I still can't afford. You're gonna make a hundred and thirty grand a year to have a Massusetts.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw that statistic today. Yeah, and that's that's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: That's it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, well I'll tell you I call him.
Speaker 3: Today upon today, Dan, they want six you the credit score, first class security, and that brokera fee. So if someone's eight grand out fried just to get a key, who's who's got that kind of money? I don't have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there aren't that many people who have that that amount of disposable cash, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: The cash is a credit score. I don't have a perfect Credis score.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I don't. A lot of people don't have a perfect score.
Speaker 2: When this, when was the last time you were were renting an apartment? Because they think you've told me before you live in your car oftentimes, right, Yeah, here's the least time that you were renting an apartment.
Speaker 3: I never had one.
Speaker 4: Dan.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you ever own a house?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Okay? Have you lived in your car? You said you're fifty seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I listened, Dan, I lived a homeless and a car or a rooming house.
Speaker 2: Dan. Okay, okay, all right, well and well I'll tell you. You know, my heart goes out to you.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: I just this is not this you know you should be You should be living in one of the shelters being paid for by the state, like the new folks who are coming in, and you should be able to work and build a little bit of cash and get back on your feet. That is what the right to shelter law was intended to do back in nineteen eighty three, and it has been turned now into a boondoggle for people who are just coming here illegally.
Speaker 3: I get it quickly for your counting off. Yeah, I just want to say quickly. It gets time because so you know what. Meanwhile, Henri Counry, I do my fine mistay clean all this sort of stuff. But I got to honestly, it gets hot, and I sometimes to do life every day. Sometimes I don't want to do it.
Speaker 2: Biden, Well, hang in there, hanging there, okay, and hopefully it'll turn around for you. Mike, I gotta go because I'm up in the eleven.
Speaker 3: I got you.
Speaker 2: You know what you two felt. Talk to you soon. Hang in there, God, I love you. Take a break. Bill, you stay right there. Mike and Attleborough, stay there, Warren don fall Rivers, stay there. We got two lines open six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine thirty. How is your economy back after this