Speaker 1: It's time for Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. Holy crap, I don't know who the hell we think when we are get off our show, idiot.
Speaker 2: The kids are crying or turning off.
Speaker 1: Their countries are screwing it up. Gold Play Inner Murals, Brother, gold Play Inner Murals.
Speaker 2: They're supposed to be mature adults, but they're really not. Who's the kid here? Who's the kid here?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? Now? Here's Nick Coffee?
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it started. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome in a Friday edition of Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. My name's Nick Coffee, the company man, mister John all on alongside as we take you up until six o'clock on a very rainy, nasty, downright disgusting day. But it's Friday, so everything's okay. And the kids, the school kids, they had long weekends, so yes, it's a very nasty day, but that has not impacted my mood and the vibe for me, because you know, the weekend's here and we got a big football game to talk about today. We've talked a lot about it. In fact, I'm done talking about it. I mean not really. We'll talk about it, but I'm just ready for this game to start. I am ready to see where Louisville stacks up against Notre Dame. And it's not as if I'm anticipating being proven wrong, but like I think they stuck up pretty well. I think they're a better team. But I'm doing what fans do. I'm getting more and more confident just because I'm you know, I'm a fan and I'm anxious. Now. I do think there's there's clearly an area for each team that if you just go off what you know, what you've seen in the first three and four games for both sides, Louisville Notre Dame, I think it's quite clear that there is there's one thing for each that you would you would try to really exploit. And we'll certainly get to that coming up here shortly. You guys want to join us on the show, you can give us a call five OO two five seven to one seventy nine hundred. That is the number. If you want to call in, you can text in on the Ellen N Federal Credit Union text line five two six five three zero seven ninety, and it was exactly a week ago today, John, where I was sharing the story about my AutoZone fiasco.
Speaker 1: That's right. I can't believe that was already a week ago.
Speaker 2: And I just found out within the last fifteen minutes some unfortunate news that it's it's going to be at least another week until I get my car back.
Speaker 1: So they misled you a little bit yesterday.
Speaker 2: Huh, Well, yes and no, But I can't be upset with the service people because they've actually been communicating regularly, and you know, it's not their fault. But yesterday I got a voicemail towards the end of the show that the car was going to be able to be picked up sometime tomorrow because they got the part in. Well, they put the part in, like the main fuse, and then realized that there was something else that wasn't quite working the way it was supposed to. So they now know that because of you know, trying to connect a battery backwards for three straight hours. It not only did it did it blow the main fuse of my vehicle, it's also ruined my alternator, so they've got they've got to replace that too. And that's like there's you know, there's parts that go with it, and they got to order it and you know it's it's uh. Again, I'm still frustrated that they've not offered and not really shown any acknowledgment that they've put me without a vehicle for what will be two weeks. But I and again, this is how sad it is, because this is really what you're supposed to do, But I haven't been able to count on autoson to do anything other than you know, take my money, break my car, and then just ghost me until I call them over and over. I mean, that's not an exaggeration, that's quite literally what happened. But I called the you know, and this is where I got worried this morning, because when they told me, hey, you know, something just not quite right. We're still doing some testing, but you know, I'll let you know either way if you're gonna be able to come pick it up today. And I said okay, and then he said, well if you after hours, because the service department closes earlier than you know, the actual showroom and all that people who are out there selling vehicles, and uh, I just said, can you leave the key with somebody? And I can still come pick it even if you get even if you guys are closed, and he said, yeah, that's fine, he said, but you know, there will have to be somebody to pay for it. And that's when I'm like, okay, well AutoZone is paying for this, and and you know, do we know if they're prepared to do that, and he said, uh no, but I'll give him a call. Well, it turns out the manager who was one of the two people putting on my back my battery backwards for three hours and really did the damage and it wasn't intentional, but I mean, come on, she showed up to pay for it and then they told her, uh, turns out alternator two. So we don't even know the final cost. So at least at least they're going to go pay for it. Like that's that's not really what they should do, top to bottom, because you know, that's the least they could do. That's really, I mean, that's I don't think I need to be like, well, thank you for paying for for the vehicle that you damaged and left me without for two weeks. But yeah, the it's a I just wanted to be over with because it's stressing me. Out. It's out of my control, clearly, but it's just, you know, it's a pain in the ass, and I'm lucky that my my employer has let me use a vehicle like that's a I mean, that's that's something that most people probably wouldn't be able to to do, is just hop in a company car. And man, my my son's going to be so bummed whenever I end up having to bring back the Volkswagen Atlas because he he just thinks that big iHeart radio sticker on the side of the jeep is the coolest thing ever he think. I mean, he thinks we're riding in style, which we are. I mean, it looks good, but he thinks that he thinks it's cool as hell. I pulled up to practice last night after after the show ended, and man, he was just looking around, like, you see that car over there, that's my dad's car. That's a rate, that's the radio car, which you know, honestly, great response by one of his one of his teammates, another four year old, He said, my car's got a radio. Two Moose was like, damn, you got me that it's got a top. Yeah, well he was, he just didn't he didn't know what I meant. In fact, some of these kids probably don't even know what radio is. They're four years old. So anyways, I know that's why you tuned in to Day on a Friday to hear me bitch and complain about me just getting bent over by AutoZone. I mean just, I mean didn't even give me a smooch before they just bent me over, damaged my vehicle, and they went told me to take it. Yeah, exactly exactly. So anyways, uh we oftentimes, well, I'm not gonna throw John out of the bus here, I'm just gonna I'm just gonna say me because I I know I'm not alone here, but I can only speak for myself. I'm very quick to point out when they get it wrong when it comes to poorcasts, right, especially whenever big decisions are made and it impacts a lot of stuff. Like we we we will make decisions, events will be canceled based off of what they predict, and sometimes they're wrong it happened, But when they're right, it's kind of whatever. Well, this isn't just like, hey, we said it might rain today and it rained, Like I'm pretty sure from what I from what I saw and it wasn't as if I'm scouring the web to see what each and every local meteorologist around here is saying or nationally. But all I heard was that on early early Friday morning, really late at night, it's gonna start raining and then it's not gonna stop raining until like twenty four hours later. And quite literally, that's exactly what's happened. Have you had like wind? I mean, is it was it windy out your way?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Out in Mount Washington, there was definitely quite a bit of wind to the point to where maybe it's just because where I'm located in my neighborhood, but the way that the wind would travel through it sounded like like ghosts were coming through. It's very spooky.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So our our our house is laid out weird because it was literally built on a big hill. I have a driveway that is that is like a rope like going down a roller coaster, which is a real pay of the ass, to be honest with you. But our house kind of sits what we The place in our home where we would hear the wind most in our house is where our bedroom is. And this morning it wasn't like whipping through like damn, there's a tornado. But yeah, I hear you. It was just like a consistent but not you know, eighty miles an hour and it was I thought it might be just rain hitting the window, but it was just wind coming through. So yeah, it I mean, it's did they completely call off Louder than Life today?
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's it's been delayed indefinitely, since they haven't done anything today so far as that I've seen, and I guess they're just waiting to see if anything changes in the next few hours. But like I said yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't do anything today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be tough because it's just not stopped. I mean, you know, I'm sure it's not the exact same everywhere within the listening audience as far as our region. There could be some people listening on stream on the I radio AB down in Florida where it's like, you know, quite literally getting gutted. I mean some of the pictures from different places in the Carolinas and in Florida and I think Louisiana. I mean, it's it's a lot worse there than it is here. I mean they're actually getting the hurricane aftermath. We're getting just the remnants of it and a lot of rain, which still sucks. But you know, they got it right. So I'm gonna say tip of the cap forgetting it right. And I think the decision to cancel school today was probably the right one, just because when conditions and you know, let me give you example, Bullet County did not did not call off school, which you know, I was happy because it meant I could, you know, have my normal routine and not have to worry about finding childcare for my daughter. So one of the schools in Bullet County, in fact, the one that it's like right by my home, like no joke, Like literally it's like right behind my house. I can see it from my back window. They don't have power. And there's another school I believe that doesn't have electricity either, So like that's why you can you potentially consider not doing it because you really just don't you know, you don't know what's gonna happen. But it never fails. And I know I've talked about this before. I don't mean to be repetitive, but I really want to know what drives someone that is not impacted at all by kids getting a day off school. It doesn't impact them because they don't have kids. It doesn't impact them because they don't work for the school system. It doesn't impact them because you know, like in fact, you probably had less traffic today on your commute because there's not buses out there. And yet those are the people that feel the need to go to social media rather it be Twitter, Facebook, I don't know, can you I mean, can you post a status on Instagram? It's just content picture video. But those are the people that I just often see upset about it. And look, it's one thing to have that feeling, like if you want to have the feeling, and you can do whatever the hell you want. I just can't understand why you are so up because here's the thing when somebody like, we all have a lot of thoughts and opinions, but we don't post all of them. I mean, some people do. I got an aunt, that's just she's something else on Facebook. I love her, but I think she's just of the opinion that anything that enters her brain got to put a status up. So we all have thought and opinions that we really, you know, keep to ourselves. Maybe because we don't want to get canceled, or maybe we know it's controversial, or maybe it's just not relevant. But when you are someone, I think most people, if they're inclined to get out that phone and fire up a status on the Facebook for everybody to see, it's something they want everybody to know that they have the opinion about, right, because you're sharing it not only in conversation to somebody, not just you know, to yourself, but like to anybody. That is your platform to let everybody know how you feel. And there's so many people that I know that were really upset that kids did not have to go to school today. And maybe it's jealousy because to be fair, we would not have got off for school when I was growing up anywhere for what happened today. I mean, and that's not because we were tougher and we were more badass. I mean, I don't know, maybe we are, but like things are just different. So like it sucks if in fact, you find out last minute that your kid is not going to have school and you don't have anything you got to you got to burn a vacation day, Like that's truly inconveniencing somebody or you know that your child, like any day off school is a worry for you because the best thing for them is to be in school around other people. Like those people, I get it, but these are people I know personally, and I reached out to a couple of them, like, why are you so bothered about Like I got a buddy who doesn't even live here. He lives he lives in another state, but of course, you know, he's connected to all of us, and he's you know, his family still lives here, and he was hot about kids not having to go to school today, And I'm just like, why do you care? Is it jealousy, John, because because we didn't get those days when we were kids or something like.
Speaker 1: I don't know that makes sense because I don't I can't imagine getting angry about something like that. And that's not me saying I'm better than them. It's just it's just not my personality to get mad about something like I.
Speaker 2: Can't relate that. That's what I don't get is I can't I can't relate. And uh, if there is a specific reason, like I would love for somebody, I'm not kidding you, I would love for somebody to ship if you are somebody that has no impact. It's not impacted you in any way that a kid didn't go to school today, their kids didn't go to school to in Jensent County, and yet it's still it was something that was weighing on you when you woke up and you had to let everybody know that the generation's gone soft. Like somebody tell me, like what would be? Like why why does that bother you? And there's things that bother me that I've for years never been able to figure out wh what bothers me? So maybe it's just one of those things where just you don't know why, but it just it irritates you. But i it never fails. Usually it's snow days or you know, severe whether that's not this, but you know, tornado like stuff. But today it was just rain and wind and they played it safe. And look, I'm probably talking into my rear end here, but it cannot be a total coincidence that Jefferson County Public School Superintendent Marty Polio announced his retirement today, effective July first, twenty twenty five. Like I'm sure they had all kinds of parents complaining and just you know, talking reckless to them about their decision to not send them to school today because they just think it's it's a waste of a day, and they could have gone to school and it would have been fine. Rain won't hurt him, a little wind won't bother them, And maybe he just realized, like, all right, I'm done. Like again, I don't know, I have no clue. This news broke within the last I don't know, thirty minutes or so, So I don't I don't have a clue if this was like a planned decision date for him, and it's just a coincidence that it happens to be a day where he let kids out of school and everybody's mad about it. But I don't know. Man, Sometimes there are things that are truly coincidental, but John that doesn't seem coincidental, does it. No?
Speaker 1: But at the same time, I mean, today is a Friday. Maybe he's known for a while Friday news dump. Yeah, maybe he know, he's known for a while that it was going to be this date and it just so happened to land on, you know, one of the worst weather days so far of the new school calendar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, you know, I don't know him personally, but I know some people who do. They speak really really highly of him just as a man. And you know, I don't know anything about how difficult. I mean, I'm sure that job is difficult. That that's the job I think a lot of people would not want. But I do worry, you know, like I think if they could get somebody else, I mean, j CPS just doesn't appear. And I won't speak like I know for sure because I don't I don't have kids that are in that system. But it doesn't seem as if j CPS is in a really great place right now. And you know, be careful what you wish for. You know, this is a guy who really does care a lot about Louisville because he is from Louisville. I mean, he's our Jeff Brahm of the school of the school system, because he went to Dass High School and this is his hometown. And look, maybe you go out and do a national search, you get somebody who's been effective elsewhere, and they come in and they get this thing back on track, and that's great, that's all anybody wants. But I just I remember, you know, a lot of the heat that he would take and the school system would take for just some of the clear issues that we were on them. You know, at times I wanted to be like, do you all think that this guy wants people to not go to school because the bus Like do you think? I mean, like, I'm not really sure what they can do, and you know, not to go down a path that nobody wants to go down today, or don't know, maybe you do. It's Friday, let's get weird. Like a lot of the issues that JCPS has, they can't find bus drivers. You know, kids are you know, going crazy at certain schools and just completely you know, you can't they can't be in school because they're so bad, and just you know, a lot of that has to do with parents, not Marty polio, and you know, I'm sure that's everywhere, but there's got to be some accountability at home with with with kids, and I don't know if that's ever you know. So I've always defended him and felt bad for him because clearly there's been some issues that made national news that were not a good look and he's the superintendent, so therefore it does fall on him. But just some of the heat that he would get, I would think often to myself like I'm really sure what he could have done here, Like, do you think that they know much money they've offered these bus drivers and yet like they do it and they're like, uh, hell no, those kids are crazy as hell. I'm not getting on that bus again. So I don't know. I just that's a big deal. I mean, there's a lot of people who are in this community that listen to this show that that do have kids that are in JCPS or they teach JACPS. So certainly big news. But again it's not effective immediately. It's this summer in July whenever he will who move on? All right, So before we get to our first break, this tropical situation we've got here tropical storm, I should say, because tropical makes you feel like, makes you think of the beach and stuff. This is not that it's already impacting Louisville. Actually I just saw this Louisville. They of course usually fly up to South Bend, and now because of the weather and whatnot, the conditions, they're going old school. They're taking a bus up to South Bend. I think they just left about an hour or two ago, so I know there's some Louisville fans driving up tonight. Maybe you're already there, maybe you're driving there as we speak. If so, thanks for listening. Hopefully we can make your drive even better. And if you do lose this at some point, which is gonna be whole, because we've got some pretty strong signal here on Sports Talk seven ninety. In fact, it's the strongest signal of any sports station here in Kentucky. But you can always find us on the outre you find us. Well, if you're you probably want to pull up the website. And I mean, if you're going to be streaming while driving, you probably just need to use the app. I was gonna mention seven ninety leuivel dot com, which is an option, but probably not an option for you if you're you're in your vehicle, all right. So the Saint X and Trinity football game, which you know, I I'm Catholic myself. I went to to Catholic school for a minute when I was very very young, and then you know, straight public school, Bullet County education. But even if you don't have any roots to the Catholic community and you're not Catholic, you know that Satan X and Trinity is a big deal. So they have postponed their game and it's going to be played tomorrow at five point thirty at Saint X High School, which I mean, look, you got to get the game in. There's already a lot of games that have been canceled that won't be made up, which is unfortunate, man, especially like there's a college football game that's already been canceled. It is Liberty and app State. So Liberty has decided to actually Liberty wants to play. However app State has just said no, and they've tried to move it to a different like a different site, and app States just like, now, we don't want to play. They really stink by the way this year. Maybe that's why they don't want to play, but they keep keep this in mind. Liberty is a team that, like if they lose a game and they can't find another opponent and they just play eleven games, that absolutely hurts them when it comes to the playoff. They're a G five team that is not in the driver's seat to take that spot, but they're certainly in the mix. They've been good for a while now. Jamie Chadwell's a hell of a coach, So like that sucks. That's that's that's mother nature, you know, changing potentially history for a little for a for a football program. I mean, that's we don't know if we're there. Yeah, but like think about that, Like if the game was canceled, they couldn't get another opponent, they go eleven and zero. But like you know, they don't have that at They don't have that data point that a lot of others have as far as just how you're measuring a team. But anyways, I find it. You know, back to what I was saying about Saint X Trinity. You you want to get the game in whenever you can, because not only do you not want to lose a game, this is a big game. This is a big rivalry, right, but the fact that Louisville and Notre Dame are going to be playing at the same time that Sat X and Trinity are playing just seems weird to me. I mean, the cathlic community here is huge, and even if you are somebody that is a you know, you're a Kentucky fan, but you are very well plugged into the Catholic community. You probably you know, maybe you know the broms like I dobt, you pull for Louisville a lot if you're a Kentucky fan. But like Jeff doesn't just have Louisville fans on his side rooting for him because he's one of our own. And of course the Louislle fans want their team to do well, but like the Catholic community, they got to support chef from right. So again, you get your game in whenever you can. But I'm sure there's a lot of people that'll be going to that high school game that will be you know, they'll they'll be watching both I mean, and they don't start at the exact same time, but I'd say, I mean, heck, the Louisll football game has been lasting what four hours seemingly this year, John, They've not gone by pretty quick. It doesn't.
Speaker 1: The first one went by fast, but the other two that they've had so far a little longer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know, they'll I imagine this one will be starting when you get close to halftime of the Louisville game. So anyways, real quick, before we get to a time out, let me set the table for you guys. Do people know what I mean when I say that you think I think they do? Like I'm getting the table spread. I'm getting out the side dishes. I don't really know what the Yeah, I don't know what the what the entree would be today, but maybe we're just gonna do a lot of sides today on a Friday.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: We got the mashed potatoes, we got we got we got the hash brown cast role, we got uh, we got broccoli castro. I'm a big cast role guys. So when I say set the table, I mean like I'm gonna lay it out for you guys before we dive in. I think it makes sense. But then again, I've said it many times and thought that might sound release too, But people might know what people might not know what the hell I'm talking about. So we do have an update to the Matthew Slucas story that kind of makes me think that he wasn't very well liked by UNLV. And that doesn't mean that they're not in the wrong. I mean, even if the guy was a jerk, if they told him one hundred grand and it's nothing close to that, like they still are the ones that fault here. Or maybe it could be that they're just trying to say face by making him look bad to where they don't take as much heat because I still at this point don't think that anybody I I don't understand how anybody they thinks this guy's like in the wrong here, But again, everybody's entitled to their own opinion. Also, this is something that there's not really a whole lot of info, but it is a big piece of news. The SEC and the Big Ten athletic directors are scheduled to meet in Nashville here soon, and it's one of the few gatherings, according to Ross Dellinger of Yahoo Sports, where these two conferences specifically are going to get together and probably just talk about themselves and maybe kind of you know what I'm getting at is, could this be the first of many conversations where those two leagues decide if they want to do their own thing. I mean, clearly I'm getting ahead of myself here, but we can't say we'd be shocked if that is part of their meetings. I mean, apparently they're going to talk about a non NCAA enforcement arm, a college football playoff format, football scheduling arrangement between the two leagues. So like that could mean all three of those things are things you could talk about that have nothing to do with excluding yourself from everybody else in college football that is under the NA umbrella, but it also could be you know, non NCAA enforcement arm. Okay, we're gonna be together, but we also still need somebody to oversee to make sure people are following rules and there's not rampant cheating going on. So could be them finding their own way of doing that with those two leagues they're college football playoff format. Maybe it's a format that's their own that doesn't include anybody else other than those two leagues. And then a scheduling arrangement that's essentially how you're going to schedule each other, Like how many games would you play against each other outside of you You play maybe eight games non games in league play, and then your other three games are against SEC or Big ten teams. So again I have no clue that. I mean, the way I laid it out was just you know, all speculation. But let's not be shocked if like that ever ends up happening, because those two leagues are just on a different planet, and I don't really think there's anything anybody can do to change that. There's no real lineman that can be made that would make the other leagues have the same value that the big tit in the in the in the sec have. So again we're loaded today. Let's ahead and get our bak because I'll keep rambling and then we'll have the clock that's way off and we don't want that. Today. It's a Friday. We're feeling good. At least I am. Hopefully you guys are feeling well today. If you're somebody who your mood is very much impacted on the weather, you know, not good, I'm sure, but maybe we can help today. We're gonna try. It's Coffee and Company. We are fueled by Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. That's right, a Friday edition of Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety Nit coffee. That's me the company man. That's mister John Olton. He's alongside. Don't forget tomorrow. We've got you covered for game Day. The Louisville Football pregame Show, hosted by myself. We'll start at two thirty. It is presented by Pellow Windows and Doors of Central Kentucky and Jefferson Animal Hospital. So two thirty to three thirty and then of course, the game will start kickoff at three thirty, and then as soon as it ends, we'll come back here. I mean, I'm not going anywhere. I'll be here the whole time, but you will hopefully flock back here to Sports Talk seven ninety for the Louisville football postgame show presented by Alex R. White, Lawyer's suit distracted driver dot Com. I don't really feel the need to do this, but why the hell not get peacock. Figure out how you can get the cock, because you're gonna need the cock if you want to watch the game tomorrow, some funny John. I mean people need it.
Speaker 1: They do need the cock. I mean, male or female. You need the cock tomorrow for Louisville, Notre Dame.
Speaker 2: Grow up, dude, Come on now. I know you were lotter than life last night partying your ass off, but I mean.
Speaker 1: Hey, n I can Moody a five finger death punch he had on the UFL football jersey for part of the show last night.
Speaker 2: I just saw a picture that I saw the picture you'd sent me, and then I saw a picture that U of L got from Like I guess one of the photographers that was, you know, taking pictures of the event, like for the event and it he looked great and Cardinal red. I mean, I think that's gotta be a good omen, right, absolutely, so again three Peacock find a way to I mean, it never fails. There'll be so many people that will just know the games on and start looking for channels. And it's people who like you know that, And it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with this, It's just they're they're not as plugged in other than when the game games on, you know what I mean, There's so many fans like that. They don't consume anything other than, hey, I know my team plays at six, I'm gonna watch. They're not radio listeners, they're not big on social media with stuff. They're not reading message boards, and you know, maybe those are the people that don't realize this is not I mean, this is this isn't hey it's on watch ESPN because of the ACC network extra or something like that. This is a streaming service that you have to have a subscription for if you want to watch the game. And I did see that one of the I think it might have been Ross Dellinger of Yahoo said that notreed Aim tried to encourage NBC to pull it from Peacock and put it on NBC, and they chose not to. And I saw some some folks kind of indicating was this is this a sign that maybe this game is snoozer? Is this a sign that maybe, you know, Notre Dame's really falling off. No, in fact, it's the opposite. It means they believe this is the Notre Dame game that they will get people to sign up for Peacock. I mean, usually if Notre Dame's playing on Peacock exclusively, it's probably not against the top fifteen team. And I'm not trying to say it's the Louisville factor, but if you're going to try to prop up Peacock, which they are, I mean, everybody's got to have a digital space within their network, and NBC's is Peacock. And obviously you know Hulu's got live TV, Amazon has NFL Football on last night, so you know, there's all kinds of different ones, and each and every one of them are are getting involved in the live sporting events. So this is just I mean, this is what they're gonna do. They'll probably be a there's not one on the schedule this year, just because the schedule this year for Notre Dame is not loaded, but there'll be some big, big time games NFL college that you'll see only exclusively on one of those networks, and because they like that's how they are truly going to get you to sign up. I mean, last year was it, I don't know if it was Amazon. I think it might have been an Amazon. There was a football there was an NFL playoff game on one of those streaming networks, and they did say after that that it it produced more sign ups than ever. Because again, that's why you invest an insane amount of money and getting the exclusive rights to broadcast these games, because people will sign up and you'll make money with that, and sponsors are going to pay out the rear end because you know, NFL is king. So I'm not saying that it's going to be the same impact here with Notre Dame, but clearly they've got a national fan base. They're just different than anybody else. So again, find a way to get the cock if you haven't yet. I mean, there's a lot of options out there when it comes to finding the cock. So you know, maybe call your buddy, say hey, I've always liked you kind of weird, but like, can I borrow your peacock? And you know he'll probably say, well, yeah, man, don't make it weird. Come on, I got the cock. We'll watch watch the cards, Cock and the Cards. I mean, I don't know what you're laughing, John, when you get your head out of the gutter, Son, I mean, the first time I've ever felt is if you're just being so immature.
Speaker 1: I'm just curious how many times you can say it before somebody takes it the wrong way.
Speaker 2: Well, it's because I care about the fans. Of course, I don't want them. I don't want them stranded not knowing where to find the cock tomorrow if.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be getting MS asking why where's the game?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that happened, by the way, to you, it has.
Speaker 2: So years ago, like during Louisville basketball games, like a lot of their November games were on there and and I would just unload on somebody on Twitter who would ask where's the game? You know, And it's not because like, well I've been talking about it on the show, trying to warn you, because you know, it wasn't about that. It's not like well, hey, I tried to tell you it. I'm the authority, so I'm going to tell you where the game is. But like, I just don't understand how people can get to that point, meaning where they couldn't find it and they didn't look it up on Google, they didn't ask somebody next to them, they didn't ask somebody they know, They just randomly DM to stranger like that just me like, I feel like, if that's if it's that, if it's to that point, you literally can't You've searched high and low and you can't find the game. So after a while, people just started to mess with me. In fact, Jeff Greer was the one who had it, who really just asked for it. This was years ago when Jeff was on the UFL beat because he just one time unloaded on Twitter like hey guys, please, I don't want to be the one person that gets asked where the game is and that what did that do? That meant everybody every game, even if they knew they were gonna they were gonna ask Jeff where the game was. So that's happened to me every now and then. But at this point, like things have changed so much in the last ten years with how we watched TV. I mean, heck, Netflix and whatnot existed ten years ago. But like, think about just how how different things are. I mean, again, the thought of a game that is a big college football game or an NFL game in general only being available on stream like that was unheard of years ago. But again, things things have changed, all right. So, John, you went to Lottter than Life last night? Did you. It seemed like you were having a great time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And this was the first time I had gone, and it was only for a few hours, of course, but the first time I'd ever gone by myself for a time and had I enjoyed myself. I had a much better time than I anticipated having by myself.
Speaker 2: So I kind of feel bad, but I'll just explain myself. You know, John and I are our friends and we worked together, but ninety nine percent of our communication is through work. Occasionally we'll text each other, you know, like if Signette's got it roll and I'll send him a text or something like that. Like, we communicate, but the majority of our relationship is because we worked together. So like last night, he sent me text messages about the concert and mentioned that one of the lead singers for one of the bands was wearing U of L Gear five finger Death Punch Guy right, yes, and like I'm just I'm at dinner with my wife and I'm just smiling. She's like, what's going on? Like, I'm just happy John was able to go to go to lotder than life, Like this is this is his lane, this is his stuff. I mean, he's getting to have a good So it hit me that, like I just assumed because we don't communicate all that often outside of work, which I'm not saying we have to. You probably look, you have to listen to me every day for three hours NonStop, so like I'm not asking you to text me every day and you know, shoot that you know what. But like, for some reason, I just had the impression that, like I guess I just never thought you probably do a lot of fun stuff. You just don't talk about it. You probably are going to concerts all the time, you're you know, so I don't know why. Just for some reason, it felt like you got to do something last night that you never get to do and you never have any fun. So I was happy for you. My wife was like, my wife was like I'm sure he like was it like this is that big of a deal, and I'm like, yeah, I mean, he's gonna go Saturday. So she was, I mean, she was kind of downplaying, like it's not that big of a deal, and I was just happy for John to be able to go. And there's also something that I don't know if you agree that, but I think the way the way your situation played out, you didn't really know if you were gonna get passes right.
Speaker 1: I knew I was going Saturday, but thanks to our friend Austin, I didn't know initially that I was gonna be able to go any day that I wanted to.
Speaker 2: So there was some spontaneousness to where you were able to get there to see Five Finger Death Punch last night, and you went solo, and you didn't really know how much fun you'd have, but you had a ball. So my wife's not gonna take away the joy that I have for you and the good time you had.
Speaker 1: I like, and I like noticing little tibbits, like when I noticed that I've in Moody put on the U of l Jersey, I'm like, oh, I've got to take a picture of this and send the Nick because he'll think that's awesome.
Speaker 2: I gotta know what was the crowd like, I'm so jealous. You got to see the greatness that is the folks of Louder than Life. Oh it was.
Speaker 1: It was definitely a lower amount of people than what's been there in pastures, and plus it was a Thursday of the weather wasn't ideal. But one thing I particularly enjoyed compared to pastors is really just being able to walk up and kind of be wherever I want and not be shoulder to shoulder with somebody and still be really close to whoever's up on stage at the time. So that was that was something I enjoyed last night.
Speaker 2: I'm claustrophobic, so that is an issue with me for that reason specifically. But even if you're not claustrophobic, you got to I mean, I I can't, I can't. I mean again, do what you do have fun. Clearly, there are thousands on thousands of people that will go to a concert and not be able to move right. They'll be they'll be you know, I was gonna say something I probably shouldn't saund the radio, but they'll be packed in, like you know, like you wouldn't believe, and they just and that's just how it is it places like that, but like I I mean, that would be miserable.
Speaker 1: One thing that was cool last time there was a dude during the first couple of songs of Five Finger Death Punch who also I believe was by himself a little bit like close to me but not directly next to me, and he was super into it. And a few songs in the dude just turns to me, gives me a nice fist bump, and he's super into it. And that was whenever I started, oh, hell yeah, really having a good time. I'm like, you know, it doesn't matter if I'm here by myself.
Speaker 2: You know what he did? What did He passed the vibe belong to you?
Speaker 1: He did, he passed it along and it wrote me the rest of the evening.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of crowd that you see it louder than life. Man, don't don't just to see the cosplay outfits or you know, lack of any clothing at all of it than something covering the nipples.
Speaker 1: And there was some of that last night.
Speaker 2: I'll guarantee there was like but they're they're really nice and welcoming, and this guy he's into it and he's like, look, I want my man here, this stranger named John. I want him to be feeling the way I'm feeling. So let me let me wap him up, and let's get this let's get this party started. So I don't know what they're gonna do today. I mean I did see they posted an update.
Speaker 1: They're planning for now to start around six or seven pm, and they've gotten an extended curfew for tonight. Ok, they are indeed able to move on with the show this evening.
Speaker 2: That's good. And it sounds like tomorrow, you know, it'll still be muddy, But like they, I don't think it's supposed tomorrow.
Speaker 1: It's more of just rain minus the wind, I think. And then once you get later into the afternoon, I think the rain's supposed to die down. From your the meteorologist company man John Alden.
Speaker 2: I like it. I like it. So this is not an update from the local area, but it sounds like right now the Carolinas are are really in a scary, scary situation. I mean, I'm reading here on the fly that what's imminent damn failure in North Carolina. That sounds really, really bad. And then some of the boo in North Carolina which is where app State is. Uh, maybe that's why this video surface because obviously app State was supposed to host Liberty and now that game's been canceled. But like, people are all driving and I'm like, one, you didn't realize how bad the rain was gonna be, or you're just a madman, like I mean, getting out and getting stuck in that is scary as hell because honestly, it can kill you. It can. It can you know, wipe you away, and you never know what would happen after that. So stay. I mean, I don't think we're we're I don't think we are in anywhere close to as much danger as they are in North Carolina from what I can see here. But still, even even if it's stop raining right now, there's probably some roads that are that are flooded, and sure enough, somebody will probably drive into it and regret it. I know somebody's done that before, and they, in fact, I know two people have done it before and they claim that, like you, it wasn't for lack of paying attention. It's just you's water. But you don't realize like how high it is somehow, I don't know. I scary stuff, all right, quick Break will come back on the other side and wrap up the three o'clock hour. This thing's going by fast on a Friday. We've not even really talked a whole lot about the matchup tomorrow, and I know we've done that enough. But again, I talked about this earlier and I'll dive right in when we get the four o'clock hour started. It's quite clear if your Notre Dame, there's something you can see within Louisville that you hope to really exploit tomorrow. Same thing for Louisville. There's something about Notre Dame that you know. I wouldn't say it's a big glaring weakness, but there's something you know that they've yet to really been been They've yet to really been able to get it going, And if you can keep that trend intact, then it gives you a good chance to knock them off tomorrow. Up there, So quick Break will come back on the other side. It's Coffee and company. Feel about Thorton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Yeah, it looks like western North Carolina is the area of the country. I mean, I shouldn't say it's like the area of the country that is getting, you know, damage the most, because I don't know that to be a fact. I was just talking out of my ass, to be honest with you. But from what I've seen, which clearly is in everything I mean the pictures and video, I mean they're evacuating. I mean, there's emergency evacuations going on in a good part of North Carolina. But it looks like western North Carolina is in a bad, bad way. Asheville, of course, is a very popular city that I know a lot of people have been to. I've been through it but never stayed there, but I know a lot of people who make an annual trip to Ashville, and it's underwater right now, which is unfortunate.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So I was looking here during the break at the current lines for Saturday's college football action, and you know, Louisville right now is sitting at as a seven point dog, and Kentucky they've had some movement with theirs. It was seventeen and a half last I saw, and now they are fifteen and a half point underdogs, so some movement there. I don't think Weather's gonna be much of a factor in Oxford, but I'm starting to get the sense that Kentucky. You know they might. I mean, I'm not betting it, but I feel like these are games that, honestly, Mark Stoops usually has his guys ready to play. I mean, it's not quite Georgia, but let's be real, it's number six Ole Miss. But what it really comes down to is are you going to be able to keep up with them? Offensively? Kentucky has not scored a touchdown in SEC action this year, and yes, part of that's because they played Georgia, but also South Carolina. I mean South Carolina gave up touchdowns to Old Dominion and that was just a terrible day for Kentucky. So to go back to what one of our texters said earlier this week as a Kentucky fan, they mentioned that I kept saying how I was waiting impatiently to see where Louisville stands because they had two bums in the first two games and then they had a bye week. But he was right, and I hadn't thought about it that way. But you're right, like you have no clue who Kentucky is if you're a Kentucky fan, I mean, are you more so like South Carolina or are you more so like the Georgia game because the other two games are kind of like, you know, hard to know. I mean, I would say their performance against Ohio was a nice was a nice bounce back for them because you know, they went into they were they on a buy after No, they weren't. They haven't had a buy yet. But you know, you kind of did what you were supposed to do against an Ohio team. But again, those are games that it's really tough to know, you know, if that, if that means much of anything. I'm looking here on sports Line because I'm curious to see where the money's at, like or is the money going heavily in old missus favor like I would have expected, Or are people thinking Kentucky's going to be able to potentially, you know, keep it closer. Yeah, so right now, Wow, sixty one percent of the money is on Kentucky seventeen.
Speaker 1: Is that surprise you, No, because I feel like a lot of that might be driven from Kentucky fans and maybe maybe even KSR didn't listen to their show this morning, but I know they put together little pieces and bits sometimes on what they think will happen in UK's games, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's.
Speaker 2: A fair I think they got Do you think they got that kind of all the money coming in for th.
Speaker 1: Who other than Kentucky fans.
Speaker 2: That's it's a lot of points though, Yeah, I think i.
Speaker 1: Miss scores a lot of points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but old Miss, and I'm not Look, I'm not touching this game. I I think I'd be more surprised if it's like a close loss for them, like meaning like within a possession. I'd be more surprised by that than I would be if they get blown out by three touchdowns and and ole Miss covers. But Ole Miss, you know, Lane Kiffin, he's doing what coaches typically do, motivating his guys, but he's also just telling the truth. Kentucky will at least give them something as far as a challenge that they've not seen anything close to, because Ole Miss has had really nobody on the schedule up to this point. So I'm not touching it. But that kind of surprises me that there's there's that much confidence. And look, if you look at them, I'm looking at it. It really actually is just a whole lot of Uh, it's just a lot of money from maybe one or two betters because if you just go off of the public. So again, this is the way I may if I have this wrong, somebody can correct me. But yeah, and I'll just make sure I read it from this this description, so I'm not, you know, making a full of myself. Think of public as the percentage of people betting on each side in money is how much money is being bet That's what I assumed it meant. I just wanted to clarify. So sixty one percent of the money John is on Kentucky to cover as dogs. However, sixty one percent of the public is on Old Mystic cover. So when it comes to just people making a wager, rather it be one unit, five units whatever, people are still more confident in Kentucky not covering and Old miscovering his favorites. But yeah, to me, that just says there's like maybe a handful of big money bets that have influenced it that much. Are you touching this one?
Speaker 1: No, this is a stay away from me.
Speaker 2: I hear you.
Speaker 1: I'm going all big ten bets this weekend cause you're cause you're you're the company man of course in the USC to cover and then what's oh yeah, Illinois to cover that big spread against Penn State. That's what I've got.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ride that with you because I'm starting to like Brett Beelam talking, talking reckless to Penn State and making him mad. Like some say, maybe he's poking a bear, but I love that he's like telling Penn State that your home environment's really not that special, like come on, chill out, because you know it fires him up. It does, which may be a backfires. But Bill, who knows, maybe a little winds up being good this year? All right, I can tell you who's really good all the time, not just this year. That's Jefferson Animal Hospital. Speaking of years, they've been doing this for forty four of them that's older than me, since nineteen eighty. They've been opened for twenty four hours a day, including all holidays. They've got a doctor on site every night, including Christmas. That's right, any day or night, any shift. Jefferson Animal Hospitals dedicated doctors and staff have you and your pets covered in the case of an emergency. Schedule an appointment for any day or night, or you can walk in, just walk in and say, hey, would love to see you, or you know, would love to make an appointment, and I'm here to do it in person. I mean, I would just call him if it was me, but you could do that. They'd be happy to see it. So I think they help save lives every day, and they've been doing it for forty four years. Jefferson aim the hospital on outer Loop. Give them a call, Bibo to nine hundred pets or visit Jefferson Vetts dot com. All right, let's get to four o'clock hours started show. We coming up at four thirty. We're gonna be joined by mister Brian Edwards, Vegas Insider. We'll get his thoughts on these matchups these week this weekend. Maybe he's had some better luck than I have when it comes to Tibetan on these football games. I mean, I didn't even touch the NFL last night other than my underdog fantasy play. But yeah, I'm gonna get back on the wagon this week, and you know, just just believe in the power of positivity that I start catching some tickets because it's been a while. All right, quick break, don't go anywhere, keep it locked right here. On Sports Talk seven ninety