Speaker 1: Now one of your pudding. I got a string going on here, something just cause my dog. Something killed your dog, My dog. We're flying through the air over the tree. I don't know how it did it, Okay, Damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and he was dead. And once you hit the ground like, I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat what are you putting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here. Did you see what it was or was it was? Standing enough. I'm out here looking through the window now and I don't see anything. I don't want to go outside, Jesus, Quice, you better hello, hit somebody out here? What quin I'm out there? It's thought of a bitch about tick forty nine? I don't know easy ann out there? Yeah, I'm walking right.
Speaker 2: Hey, all right, folks, real quick, before we get started, I just want to give you a little context. What you're about to hear are encounter stories from some good friends of mine over at the Sasquatch recon YouTube channel. These guys are boots on the ground researchers. They've got a ton of great videos first hand encounters and solid field research to back it all up. I've actually been out in the woods with them down in the South Mountains, so I can vouch for how seriously they take this. Now, just a heads up before we dive in. These interviews were recorded on location outdoors with other people around. I've done my best to clean up the audio as much as possible. But if you hear things you normally wouldn't in.
Speaker 3: A studio setting, that's why. So do me a favor.
Speaker 2: Click the link in the show notes, head over to Sasquatch Recon and check out their channel when you get a chance. But for now, sit back, relax, and enjoy these encounter stories from Sasquatch Recon.
Speaker 3: Okay, you just tell us your name and tell us your story. My name is James Edge.
Speaker 4: I'm from Cumberland County area that my family is from Turnbull Bladen County. My dad and my grandpa were deer hunters. I grew up in the woods. They were army guys. So when we moved into the city, every year we were going to the beach, and then one year I told my mom, I said, me and my son, we're not going. We're going to go to the mountains and cool off a little bit, and we started heading last every year. I'd got this love for hiking. My girlfriend and I we'd go out hiking everywhere. And I guess my experience has started about four years ago. Of course, I was born in seventy one and I watched In Search of Sasquad. I've always been fascinated with it, but looking at it from the primate perspective.
Speaker 3: Four years ago and my girlfriend I went.
Speaker 4: To a dark skyside out poss spoon possible Taga County called Graveyard Fields, and they don't have lights up there so they can use their telescopes. And our idea was to hike this big blue trail and sit down on a flat rack by the stream was dark and everything. We made it out there, it was beautiful, and I heard a growl come from the woods, and it spooked me that I really couldn't hear the direction it was coming from. I figured, Hey, then there's a bear out there, let's go. But the thing was is, at the time we were taking there, i'd go by myself with a sixty five liters pack and just walk out into the woods. I really wasn't scared of anything. I just viewed it as different dangers. Head driving in traffick is dangerous, so I wasn't scared in the woods. I absolutely loved getting out there. I noticed that feeling of dread. I'd never really felt that before in my stomach. We didn't think much of it. We ended up going camping again months later, so it wasn't long.
Speaker 3: After that we called a hell ride. We would go out.
Speaker 4: Into the mountains with no plans, no itinerary, just whatever happened again. And we've pushed out past Boone, North Carolina, out into the mountains where the roads are windy and two miles it takes a long time to tick them off. Like the Highway twenty miles goes by like that. These mountain roads one mile takes a long time. We ended up camping at this mountain bike camp out there. I can't remember what it was called, but it wasn't a popular one, and the only guys out there were working on mountain bikes, and they were all at the front of the campground. And just we're here at this festival, we're dispersed camping outs, so we like to push out. So my girlfriend and I we found this site away from the other campers and there's nothing out here, man Like I said. We took this windy road to get out there, crushed run and it was real majestic. We were seeing chicken of the forest, mushrooms, and the campground had a waterfall set on this trail head marker. So we take off and saw this beautiful waterfall with this pool and we were like, hey, let's pin it and come back here because we can swim in the summertime, so it was a little colder, and we made it to the top of us what if and my girlfriend's got her feet in the water, and we're just having the grandest time. This scrowl happened. It was low and it went on for thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: Well what got me?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 4: It was not feeling the dread again, but I couldn't tell where it was coming from.
Speaker 3: I figure a bear.
Speaker 4: I looked at her and I said, hey, we need to get out of here. She guts telling me to go. So we made our way down that waterfall and trying to move slow because your mind is telling you be humble, don't run, don't look back. So we're carefully making our way down. We make it back to the campsite. We're not able to process really what happened. Again, we're figuring and other bears running us off. So we make it back to the camp. We're relaxing, and then that night, I guess it was about eleven o'clock at night, she decides to go to bed.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'm quite delighted.
Speaker 4: Because I got my fire, I got cold dreams. I'm in heaven out there, I have the moving around the steps out there, bipedial stepping right, and I'm like, dude, something's out there. I'm just sitting here looking out into the darkness. I'm going to see something. And I wasn't thinking big sasquatch. I didn't think I was lucky enough for anything like that to have that to me. I'm not worried about winning the lottery. I wasn't worried about encountering bigfoot, because that's something I thought I would have wondered. I heard a tree snout, and in my mind I'm picturing, Okay, there's eight ten guys out there with a big strap on a tree and they all work together and pulled on like this ain't making sense, And I said, it's got to be a bear. So My instinct was get my girlfriend up and get her in the car. I know a bear can come and get you in the car, but there would have been safety there. The voice in my head said, buy that car is not going to protect you from whatever's off there. And I said, okay, if I'm not going to do that, what am I going to do? I said, get her in the car and willed. And that voice said that windy road at night, y'all had to maneuver that thing in the daytime, and whatever this is can get you in that car. And I really wouldn't asking questions, what is it? An instinct, so telling you that's not a solution. Next thing, my voice told me to put the fire out and got a bit, which is something I never would have done if there was a bear.
Speaker 3: I put the fire out.
Speaker 4: I went in my tent and I laid down. And when I laid down, I went right to sleep. And we didn't talk about the incidences. The next day. I didn't tell my girlfriend about it. I think I was disassociated because you can't process it.
Speaker 3: Yea, So it was I think years later.
Speaker 4: My son is a big footing fool zip, so we were breaking all this stuff down I was like, dude, this is really getting what happened that night, because what got me was when I went into my tent.
Speaker 3: And I'm a rock.
Speaker 4: Climber, hiker, rafter, I had camp and I know my tent like I grabbed my zipper and my new box. That night when I went to go get in the tent, I watched myself on zip it. I got in, I watched myself zip it up, and I know it had been just like putting keys in your pocket. I wouldn't have to watch, but I did. And I said that was so weird. And then I went right to bed. And I think it's because it affects our primal instincts were so full of fear because logically we cannot process that's what was happening. So that kind of shook me up.
Speaker 3: I come.
Speaker 4: I was on the Cape River is Harnett County up Liullington area in there a canoeing adventure spot, and I was by myself going parallel to the river gluver and.
Speaker 3: Out in the forest.
Speaker 4: I like to find places to sit in the woods by myself and kills me. I was out there with my little chuahah named Toby. This guy's five pounds. He ain't a puppy milk chuabah. He's healthy, like he can run and all that. And you know what, I didn't bring water for him. I said, there's a lot of good streams out there's clean water because it's spring water. And I said, I know, let you drink that, buddy. And he's panting because this was but a couple months ago and this is twenty twenty five. I had him with me on a harness and everything, and we got to the spot by a cold creep and I let him smell that water and he jumped in it. He drank all that water and he was charged up, and we went walking on. We found a spot and we sat down. So I'm sitting there and I hear this bipedial stepping again out in the woods, and I'm thinking, there's no way. Because I've been to Washington State, I've been to the east of the Cascades in Portland, Oregon.
Speaker 3: I've been to California.
Speaker 4: Alder these things have to never had experiences, and I did not think Harnett County, lower than the Piedmont, that I would experience bigfoot. So I'm not thinking this at all. But I'm hearing the step and and I do what I smart people do. I sit there and I stare in the woods like I'm going to see something.
Speaker 3: My dog, I'd let him off the leash.
Speaker 4: He took his harness off and was just letting him run around me because he would explore come back to be protected. As I'm watching this step, and I noticed that he's starting to go back this way. So I forget about this because I'm not worried about it. And I'm like, tell you get back here, man, give back here. And he turns around. He comes and looks at me, and I said, come here, buddy, and he gave me this look like I'm going to help us out.
Speaker 3: Turned and he looked like way.
Speaker 4: Where the car was part When he got sense the direction where that car was lost, a gun shot off and he turned into a competition. Weshman, I've stick old course running dog where they go through and he's running through the creek. Now I'm chasing him because I don't want to get lost in the woods. I'm leaving my phone, my keys and everything behind. We're all just stepping hot and I'm just thinking about the dog and I'm running through the creek I'm getting wet, and I lost him, and he made it up this hill and he hopped the jingle his tags so that I could find him. When he saw me coming, he's high telling it to the car. And when I caught up with him, because he got to think five pound shwallah.
Speaker 3: That was a lot of.
Speaker 4: Steps and I'm in full sprint man trying to get him, and hill got him. Once he hit that hill, he got tired and he's cowered down, and I was like, come on now, I got to go back to get the phone and the keys, and he's just like he's went in to freeze, like he wasn't scared, he wasn't mad, wasn't I. So I'm just holding him the whole time because his heart's about to beat out of his chest. He just ran for his life and tried to save me. I'm not all there. I'm like not, I'm the human and the mechanical realm. I've leaving science and we're good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I go back and I pick up the stuff. And at this point, man, like I said two months ago, it was hot, and I'm like, let's go back to the car put their condition on home. So we start walking along this creep back to the car. Because I'm walking, I hear the stepping, so I stopped and I turned with him, and I'm looking out there in the woods and I'm starting to see something. I saw the sky running through the woods, and if I told my son, I looks like a guy with black hair and brown skin.
Speaker 3: So I thought it was.
Speaker 4: Somebody out their trail running with the little iPad in And you're a bud out there again, I said, that ain't what it is. And I'm focused and I'm looking and i'm looking well as I'm staring into the woods, and this is thirty yards if that now, I have to tell you that when I heard that stepping out there, I started to fill that filling of dread. And I'm leaving out actually crucial part of the story. When I started down there, I saw a tree structure right, and I was just like, there's no way.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 4: I thought people like us built it for fun. I'm thinking, no way. So I'm walking and as I'm going down the trail, I see this dog and I don't want my little dog to eat not I'm always ready. I got this tactical harness. I can nank him up and hold them. It was a deer, and two deer walked in front of me. We're just stopped and we're staring at me. At the time, I'm thinking. At this time, I'm thinking, man, I'm like snow white butterflies are laying on my finger. I'm seeing deer walk in front of me and they're not scared of me. But it was about six deer moving the lay from what was on the side of the creek. I didn't think nothing of it of this time anyway, So that experience with the deer was something else, because, like I said, I grew up deer hunting and they don't just come up. So he runs back to the car, pick him up or bring him back. I gathered the phone, keys and everything, and I'm ready to go about getting their conditioned car and go home.
Speaker 3: And we're walking along the creek bed.
Speaker 4: Hear that footstepping and I see the booker running around it.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to me yet. Thirty yards out and there's a tree, and about ten feet up that tree, I see what I think is an owl because I'm like, what am I looking at? And the hair is coming off of the arms, and I'm focused on because I can't really the way the body was crunched up at the time I'm focused, and he came up like this. I saw this arm with this hair. It wasn't madden and dirty. This guy was beautiful, the hair on the arm. Once I knew what I was looking at, I looked to the face. Okay, his face, black eyes, there's no white in these eyes.
Speaker 3: They were black.
Speaker 4: The face was coal ash like it was black, but it was like coal ash, and all the lines were dark black. The nostrils were black, and the pig met under his lips right here, whereas black as the shadows of his nostrils. Seeing him like this, we're talking half a second, two seconds, but it's like an eternity because I'm like, what am I looking at?
Speaker 3: So what? I saw them come up?
Speaker 4: I saw the arms and the hair, and as soon as I focused on the arm, I looked to the face. The hair was like white tan, and it wasn't dark haired, black skin, light tan hair.
Speaker 3: And he wasn't a heavy thought.
Speaker 4: I think it might have been a juvenile because he was probably six seven foot tall, and as soon as I focused in on his face, he sprung up, having ten feet to hide behind the next tree. Then when I say spring like even monkeys like us, they get down and they use their whole to him. It was like nothing to just spring that way. And that played with my mind because it showed me how much stronger this thing was than me. And at that point it really wasn't fear, but it was still that feeling of something I don't understand and dread.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back.
Speaker 4: After these messages, and my voice was saying it's time to go again. You feel like you don't want to run out of respect. You don't look back, and we walk back and I'm just sitting there thinking what the heck is going on? My son can testify for me. I'm not the kind of person to tell lies. I trust people and their vibrations and their truthfulness. I came back and I said, we're gonna peak it that the tree structure, because it's on the way back to the car's stopping. They're gonna look over at it. And when I came back, it was gone and not dismantled. It was gone. We got back to the car. This guy he is all excited when he rides in the car, he wants his nose out the window. He wants to stop at cookout and get a burger.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: He's very active. He laid in my lap and who didn't move. And when I got home, he laid down and went and do it. And we would call going out into the woods and adventure, and I say, hey, they you want to go on an adventure, Let's goin to get excited here to talk to Gingu one and everything. When I say that word now, he licks his lips and puts his heads down and starts shaking. And I say you big first, and he starts shaking. So he was traumatized by it. But I'm here to testify to you on everything I know and love that I saw one with my own eyes. And I was a believer pretty much a knower before that time. I bet I'm a full on nowhere.
Speaker 3: Now. I know they're out there.
Speaker 4: And my understandings and opinion and research is that like a dog knows when they're scared, and they know when you're happy, they know when we're coming out there to harm them. They know what we're going to come out there and tell other people where they're at where to find them, and if you're coming out there without intention, you're probably not going to.
Speaker 3: Have much luck.
Speaker 4: I agree that if you're coming out there with love and respect, you may experience something. And if you're there to respect them, because you know, when I said I felt scared, I was saying putting it out there, I'm not going to take a picture. I'm not going to send anybody back here those guns, love camera careers. I'm just going home. Let me go home. And I think if you go out there with that intention, though, you might have an experience that isn't scary, but just because there's something we don't understand, you're still probably gonna want to get away.
Speaker 3: To get back to safety. That was about it.
Speaker 4: But it changed my life, and I was excited to come out here to this festival in Newari and speak with other people that have experienced some of the same.
Speaker 3: Things we're knowers.
Speaker 4: Maybe it isn't for everybody, Yeah, because this certainly changed my view on life and what I want out of life and what I fear and.
Speaker 3: What say, there's a whole it's like a shift and oh my gosh, things aren't exactly like I thought they were. That's right. Yeah, we might not have been told everything. Yeah we were definitely were. Yeah, I've talked to a lot of people this had that somewhat similar experience that just changed everything. Yep.
Speaker 4: So after the Graveyard Fields, my second incidence, I didn't really call sasquatch experience till later that I was in on the Blue Ridge Parkway and I hit a trail head and I would like to load my pack up and just hike west off of the trail and then hang east back. You'll hit the trailer of the road and can find the car easily that I'd parked on the trail head, had my stuff ready, I got started welcome parallel to the parkway. On the trail, I found a spot I could start picking out, and I hiked out into the woods.
Speaker 3: I got in like this clearing and and it was just like heaven. Agail.
Speaker 4: Was one of those moments where I said, Lord, thank you for this able body that I'm able to still get out here and do this and experience creation. I'm so full of gratitude. I got the panic of the woods. Everything went quiet, and if you've ever experienced the panic of the woods, you know what I'm talking about It's like being in the most quiet room in the world. It's so quiet you start to hear your body processes, and the quiet is unsettling because it feels like the pause button has been hit on the world.
Speaker 3: It's too quiet, and that eerie feeling.
Speaker 4: Well, gut flipped and my brain said get out of here and go about your car and leave, and I'd turn around.
Speaker 3: And I got it.
Speaker 4: I was thinking apex predator at the time, But the more I learned about Panic of the Woods, it made sense because you feel about these hardened, that seasoned outdoorsmen, that rough got it, that got scared.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I wasn't the type to get scared, like even bears.
Speaker 4: Different dangers, traffic's dangerous, but that I had that panic of the woods and that quiet, and now later I also count that as one of my Bigfoot experiences because I think that I was in the presence and I was with their infrasound that they had like tigers and other predators whatever it is they use.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's been a wild ride and I'm grateful knowing better than not know.
Speaker 4: And honestly, I feel if I died tomorrow, I would be at peace, just knowing that I learned some of the secrets of this world before going Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, so exactly all right, Yeah, I've experienced the same things you were talking about and different things, and you just realize it right away when everything lays down and it's not normal. You know what's normal, whether you consciously think of it or not, but you know what what's going on here, and everything else knows. That's right. They know. Bugs, even the trees, I think they stay still.
Speaker 4: I could real quick show one more experience with you. I was out there on the river close to Raven Rock State Putt, but I was again closer to Canoe Adventure Area, and there was this hill, and I had this idea going out these places by yourself. Granted I'm not in the Lynnville Gorge or out in Montana No Man's Land, but he was still somewhere. People have a hard time finding you if you went in a sinkhole or credit or even if you just fell out in the woods, if you're not telling people where you're going. But I used to be excited by that, and I wanted to make it as dangerous as possible. And this was before I had seen the actual bugger. So this happened probably early spring, probably around May. I was near the same area where I saw the bugger. I had this idea to crest up this still and the hill was a little bigger than I thought.
Speaker 3: I thought I'd just take a few steps, and.
Speaker 4: Every time you did go this way, and then it go that way, and I'm like, man, I'm really going at this thing. The tree growth at the top of the hill was so thick that it looked like the Lord of the Rings, dark forest the sun. It's a day like this, just a few clouds or sun, and it was dark as night in those woods, and I was like, man, that's not what I expected that. I expected to just be grass trees on the top of this hill, on top of the world, like some Doc Watson bliss. When I started to come closer to this hill, I got that feeling the dread, and a sink hole popped in my head. I don't know low, and I was like, dang, man, I don't want to get up on top of this hill and fall into a sinkhole. I took a photograph of how dark the wood was and I was going to turn around. I shared the photo with my son and there was a little glitch in the photo where up in the tree it's then a little bit and I was like, dude, that is wild, isn't it. And he was like yeah, I said, But the craziest thing about that story is, as I told you, I had to keep turning to get up the hill look like you could walk up, and then you know how you start cresting a hill. It ain't the crast. You gotta go with the terrain. And I was marking. I'm from North Carolina country, so it's my terrain, my homewoods, especially Cape Fair River area and that area, the Cape Fear River Hunted. As I'm going up, I'm okay, rocks here, tree there, you know what I mean. And then when I got out there, I had that experience. When I turned around, nothing looked the same, like I remember the trees and all that, and then when I turned around, it was like there were more trees and I was put more prime strong, and I was like, dude, no, yeah, I've done stuff like this before and I could get lost, but you sttn't.
Speaker 3: It looked completely different than me.
Speaker 4: I came down the hill in a different place, but I thought that was my gut was telling me he could fall on a scene, call up here, nobody's gonna find you. But knowing what I know now, with that, fell in a dread, not being able to remember the terrain because your brain kind of gets glitched stuff's going on. On a primal level, I was understanding and reacting to things that this right here or any program that would be another one that I threw in that category.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I've had a similar experience, and you wonder. I went out camping and I walked out a little ways. I had just gotten there. On the way, I was just looking around by it, turn back eye, this overwhelming feeling you know, you need to live, Yeah, and I just get't shake it. You need to leave it. Nothing had really happened, here's just this feeling. I thought I had done it enough to know I'm going to listen to that. That's right. I don't know what's gonna happen, but I'm going to listen to that.
Speaker 4: And I went right back in the truck, picked up and land And how would you explain that, because that's not something we would normally do. Right.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: We went out to Cade's cod about a month or so ago. The three of us, and we had set up and you know the loop at Cade's Cove. You're right around this loop and they close it dark and we just let everybody go. Yeah, I just stay out there for the night. We set up all of our stuff. It's just beautiful. You can see up through there. That's probably about the third time in my life ever got that feeling like I'm about to get in trouble. I don't know what it is, but I just had this overwhelming feeling that we were about to get in trouble. I didn't know how or what. And I told d White, I said, I hate to say this, but I think we need to go. He's Wye said, I got a bad feeling. He's let's go. We've been together a long time, that's right. And so we loaded up and we left and we were easing out and a rock hit the back window like smack, not like something hit the glack with horse. Matter of fact, it made a little place in the window. It was like an old suburban the back, very back side. When Chris was in the car with me, d it was on a bike in front of us, and I was like, oh my gosh. I knew right away. What it was, and we both cussed and was like that was a rock. Yeah. Chris was like stop im and get out. I said, no, we're leaving because the next one can be right here, sir, or no.
Speaker 4: Only two things that throw rocks. There's men in the woods and the man in other.
Speaker 3: Woods, exactly right. And we were out there, this is eleven miles out right right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they ain't know, but sneaking around trying to play prints on them.
Speaker 3: That's so I was like, that's the last time I said that feeling it was a bad. It's very real. Yeah, I just felt like I'm about to get in trouble. That's why I just kept thinking, I'm about to get in trouble. But I don't know how or what. And I just thought, I know these things are out here. Let's just got or maybe it's something else. I don't know, but we need to get.
Speaker 4: If it's something we've wanted to be big.
Speaker 3: But I was just like, I know, we just got at me here long and we had all the stuff sed up.
Speaker 4: But oh, my son and I are the same way. We would trust each other's instincts on that. Now knowing what you know, now when you know they're out there when you know it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had stuff out there. We had actually gotten one really good picture on the daylight, and I would think even if we hadn't gotten that, I would think they'd been there because there's lots of encounters stories all around the Yeah. So yeah, I know that feeling, and I haven't had it many times. But when you have it, you got to listen to it, sir.
Speaker 4: All right, brother, I appreciate you letting me share my story, and I've enjoyed hearing y'all stories really refreshing just to get around people that have had the same experience. I've enjoyed looking at your pictures knowing they're authentic. And if you all go out there with good intention because you're trying to document it, but you're not going to call in helicopters.
Speaker 3: On it, and they know that we're just most of the time, nothing happens and you go aloft in the right spots. Yeah, we don't have any ill intentions whatso, Yes, sir, we just enjoy each other's company and maybe something happened, maybe it won't, probably won't. As you go things happen, then they happen when you least expect it, Yes, sir, Yeah, we've had a good time doing this. It's turned into a long journeys, but a fun one. That's right. That's exactly right, because it was good to talk. Thank you, Thank you all right, talk to me brother. Okay. This happened in twenty fourteen before I met Dwight. I guess I was just a year into it, and I had a thermal. I had the original Dwight. What model is that? The Greenman that was the original snout model? Yeah, two feety six in the right conditions is decent. What we have now is a whole lot better. But anyway, we had gone up to Thurman Chatham. There's a hunter safety area there, or there was. We met. I had found what I thought was a pretty impressive stick structure up on the mountain. David Pardue, former BFRO guy, met Susan I up there, and so we hiked up there and checked it out. It was pretty cool all the way down we met. So we go back to our camp, which is down in the valley. There had a little fire going at that time. I hadn't rigged mine up to record, but Dave's recorded. Dave Moser, we were sitting by a little campfire, and Pardu was telling us some stories. Now he's got some stories. He's got some really good stories about people that we know. I will call no names, but he was like, it was pretty good. It was interesting. It was definitely interesting. So we were sitting around talking and over to my left, it's dark. We're sitting in the dark. There's no lights, no electricity out there, nothing, We had nothing but the little campfire. I saw eye shine probably twenty yards maybe or real big. I'm not turning on e lights, and do not point if we think we see something. Nobody moves. You sit down, you don't get up, you don't look, you just act natural.
Speaker 5: So is that the bfros their baseline of what they want to happen on one of their outings?
Speaker 3: Okay, I think so. I've never been a member, never been on one of their outings, but I think so. And they we're big on that, which, okay, I get it. I agree with all that.
Speaker 2: And stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: So I describe what I'm looking at and they look and they were like, yeah, there is. So we sit there and talk about it and Pardieu was facing it and I had to kind of look this way to see it, and Susan kind of had to look that way. It was ease and closer and closer to us. As we talked. You could tell it was getting closer. It had cover, but it was getting closer and closer. My wife, Susan, she got nervous. That's probably one of the two times, and those two times happened to be at that exact spot years apart. Really got her attention, I'll say that. So we watched this, we talked about it, and it would ease up, and she was getting nervous because you could see it. It wasn't no, oh, what is that? You could see it. So Pardu and Moserr both they were really good. Yeah, and you can hear it in that video. We were talking about it was like just really, they ain't gonna do nothing. They just checking us out. It's cool, Just be cool. Dave Moser had his thermal mounted on a pole like a monopod. He had it mounted, he had audio with it, which was first time I ever seen by do that, and he could just turn it. It was a screen. It was like a thermal going to a screen, so he could turn the thermal and watch the screen, so he could watch behind him like we do. He could watch behind him without you know, turning. Look. So he finds one over in the bushes over here, like another one you could kind of look like a Buddha like sitting on the ground in the brush. And we watched it. And this went on for hours, and this one over here we get a little closer and a little closer, and I started to get a little That was I was only a year in to it, so I was like, this is crazy. I'm like, I'm glad they're here. Not that they're going to save my life, but it makes me feel better. These guys have some experience. Cardo has a lot of comfort in numbers. Yeah. So we're sitting there watching and the one over here, as far as I was sitting, the one you could see was over here. He was watching and from here to the churches where it was sitting in the brush, and it was a decent size. You could see the head, shoulders, the hodeel, and you could see it move around. It was like, this is crazy. There's one over there, and there's one over there.
Speaker 5: So this whole time, let me ask you, the whole time that you're seeing it, can you visibly see the eye shine as the eye shine consistent, Yes, the whole time.
Speaker 3: The whole time on the one over here.
Speaker 5: So you can see the outline of the body moving, but the whole time the eyes shine is still.
Speaker 3: Sharing the whole time, and you could see the eyes moving. You could see it working its way up slowly, and I'm like, just how close is it going to get? Because there's a little opening, so it's just outside of that opening in the brush. But you got to tell it's like a row of woods that's probably fifteen yards thick, and then there's this huge field on the other side of it, and then you got the woods, and then you got a little where we're camped. We sat there till four thirty in the morning, watch them the whole time, until we just got so sleepy that one finally got to a point and didn't come any closer, and we're like, we're gonna turn in, try to grab a little bit asleep. Christian was with us, he was in the van asleep. Susan and I threw pitched the tent. They had tents too, like a little one man tents so they just got and we just it was really weird Gordon to getting in that tent thinking there's two big foot it over there. Yeah, what's gonna happen?
Speaker 5: And you've got exactly one millimeter of protection with your tent.
Speaker 3: But they weren't throwing anything, they weren't making noises, there was nothing aggressive about it. And that was one of the first few times we went to that area. Much like the field turned out to be. They come through there a lot. I've got a video of two of them. It's not great video, but you can definitely tell it's two and that they're coming through here. And then they stop and they look move around a little bit, and then they move on off and there's no there was nobody else out there. You got to know where this is. This is out there, you've been there, yeah, and there's nowhere to go. There's creek, there's two good sized creeks down there. There's just really no for a person to go. And then it goes straight up a mountain. So that was pretty good. So the rest of what happened is we've sleep till probably daylight, probably grabbed a couple hours sleep. I heard them get up, so we got up. We sat there in a little minute and made some coffee and Moser said, let's go over there and where the one was sitting. Let's go see what we can see. So we go over there. It's not very far. It's like print there. So we walk up in there and there's this big matted down like all the grass and everything. It's just blat right. You had parked I mean you had parked pound weight on it. Yeah, that was as flat could be, right, Not like a deer bed. I've seen deer beds. This is like a pretty good sized area. That thing had set down there and watched us. It had eased in and set there. We watched them and they watched us for hours. Had that happen a few times, but that was the first time I had seen when we had our Susan and I had our sighting before that, and so they're definitely you could see it moving, you could see the head, you could see the body, and it was set rank there and then it was this big matted down spot. Other things that have happened in that exact same spot over the years. Dwight and I were sleeping in the suburban. I don't know when it was if it was November. It's cold weather. I mean it was cold and we sat in the dark. So we had set in the dark for a while. I was like, look, I'm getting in the car. So we got then laid the seats back. It was his January. I mean it was like twenty two degrees outside at least. It's cold ark. There's no lights that all out there. So we were in the car sleeping and I heard this big just you know, like loud. It's like, look like, what was that. I thought it broke a window or something. It sounded like something like a car, Wendley. So I'm looking at I'm like, and then Dwight, here's me moving around. So's something. I was like, man, something just knocked the hell out inside of the car or somewhere on the car. And my first instinct was to get out. And then I thought, I've already seen him here. We've caught stuff on thermal here several times. Right, you knew better. I wasn't get to jump up because I couldn't see that. I had a headlaut, but you being dude, it was like I couldn't see him in fren your face, So I thought, no, I'm not getting out, so I told her, I said, let's just stay till this daylight and before we don't get out, we'll get out at the same time. Yeah, So woke up with after it gotten light to get up and I was like, okay, step out really easy, and let's look for any kind of a print. I don't know how close it was or if it threw something or what. I was really expecting to find a DNT or a cracked window or something was last some major damage. It was loud and it wasn't from us. It hit the vehicle. We get out and we're easing around and we're looking. Not really great ground for prints, and we're looking and we're looking around, and walked around the Dwight side of the capassenger side of the car. I looked over it and there was a big ass handprint, like a dirty handprint under like the back door on the passenger side, right under the window. And I was like, look, there's a damn handprint. It was a good sized handprint, I thought. I don't know if he was like using it to steady himself to look in the window, which Dwight's head was like that far from the handprint because he had the seat laid back, and I thought, damn right, that was disclosed while we were sleeping.
Speaker 5: Maybe it just wanted to wake y'all up so that it could see all his actions.
Speaker 3: It woke us up, It woke me up, and I woke right up. That was pretty good. And then a couple of years after that, my wife Susan and I we took the old Ford van out there. We did what you and I did one night. We would cover with dark plastics so they can't see in, and I mounted my thermal on what do you call that on a periscope, Yeah, where I could turn it no noise or anything, and rent it to my laptop. So she and I went up there. We pulled back in this exact spot and we were just we try to be quiet. We're listening. She and I were just sitting there. It was late fall. It was only like eight thirty between eight thirty nine o'clock at and height, but it was dark. It sounded like it was right over Susan's head, is what it sounded like, hit the top of the van like Pam Pam and I had a little fan because I didn't want to run the injine anything that plugs into the cigarette lighter. And they had a magnetic base. It was stuck to the ceiling. There's no real headline or anything in it right behind there, and it knocked it off into the floor.
Speaker 5: So the vibration of it hitting the top of the van knocked that magnetic mount loose.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a significant one. It's not yeah light, I mean, but bam, and the fan falls and more like in Susan, she don't cuss or anything. She looked at me and she said, what the hell was this? I said, you know what it was? And it stunned me for many It was like and I'm like, holy this the force of it scared me. It stunns me for a minute. And I'm like, what do we do with it? Because it's just me and her. If it been me and y'all, not that again, You're gonna save my life. But I feel without it. But it's just me and her. And we had the doors, like we always locked the doors because bearskin on the locked door, and there's definitely bears up there. But this is an F two fifty. If you stand beside it, I'm six feet six one. I can just barely reach the top of the van. I can't even you know what I'm saying. So I had to have some size to it. Yeah, who knows. And so I'm sitting there stunned, and I'm thinking, what do I do? What do I do? Is that a person? It's probably a squatch? Shit, what are we gonna do? And then I think, oh, I've got buffalo air running. I just didn't think this was all Within twenty thirty seconds, I grab it and I turn it and all I see is something in the you know when you back up to that spot toward the field side, like the roads right here. I saw something big but not a good picture go into the bush and I'm like, that was not a bear. That was not a bear. And then my other thought is what is that a person? And I thought, well, that's a person. I can definitely take care of that problem. But I looked around and I was watching where you come in, and there was nobody there. Nobody had pulled in. It's a fairly remote spot and I could see nobody had pulled in, and I'm looking all around. At that time, I really didn't have a tilt. I just had where I thought I needed to set it, and that's where I set it. So we waited a little bit, maybe twenty thirty minutes. I'm like, I got a peete. So he said, don't get out, please, don't get this, and I'm like, I'm just gonna step out right here. I got my light, I turned the lights on in the van, like the headlights, stepped right outside the door pee and got back in. I'm thinking, you know how you do?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: And I thought I had made a mistake. On the windows of the van. I put on the side doors, passinger door and the driver's door. I put that heavy, thick meal black plastic on the inside, right, but on the windshield it's easier to put it on the outside. Put a little piece of tape on, a little piece of tape on it. When show wipers that we're good barring some crazy winter. Yeah, And I thought I've covered the windshield up. But then I thought, so I turned the fleer around there, and I thought I can get out of here using that fleir watch the fleer.
Speaker 5: And so in your thought process, you're like, I can leave the black plastic up for driving because you didn't need that. You can still navigate with your thermal through the trees, through the trees and down the road. At least get to the road, just to get at least get to the road.
Speaker 3: And then I can open up and I can yank it off if I had to stand up and reach around and yank it off. And Susan was like, mental note, don't put the plastic on the out But I have done that since on the outside because it's easier. Yeah, And then we sat there the rest of the night. We spent the night. Nothing else happened that I can remember on that trip. So we saw the two. Dwight's got a thermal that he sent me the other day that I don't remember seeing, but maybe I did see it. It's not the exact spot, but it's from here to the other side of a little circle here. It's close. I've got a thermal of two of them. I've got a thermal it looks like two standing back in the woods. And then I've got a thermal. Do you remember that thermal I posted while back? Me and you were there and I set it was the bushnail like vision. I set it up on the tripod, that tripod as high as I could get it right, and I just pointed into the woods and from where this thing was standing where we were sitting, to where it was standing was probably eight yards, but it was in the woods, inside the woodline, and you can see it looks like it's got a snout and you can just barely see it. It turned its head a little bit. It's not great, but you can see it. If you scrub back and forth through it, you can see it, and that it moves its head.
Speaker 5: That just goes to prove that if you're a stationary like that and you give them enough time, they will come towards you and approach you.
Speaker 6: That's our whole thing, that's my whole thing. Neverth