Speaker 1: Let's jump into the emails on the Minnesota Goodbye. Welcome to the Minnesota Goodbye. I'm sure every day we get a few first time listeners who've never heard it before. Basically, we spend the next fifteen to twenty minutes or so talking about shit we don't get to talk about on the radio and reading emails, and we do get to swear and be more. I like the word spicy because I don't want to say dirty, because dirty just sounds like gratuitous, like a couple of fifteen year old boys talking about boobies on the school bus. Yeah, so we're not dirty, but we're a little bit more spicy, and we can talk about it anything that you want. And let's get started with an email that probably is not so spicy, but let me push the right button and we'll get to it. Dave Bailey, Jenny Jenny's not here today, by the way, longtime listener, first time rider. Happy to be listening to the Minnesota Goodbye on the regular now after I found it last summer. Been listening to KATIELBDB since the nineties, and my way back memory is the Last Chance Summer Dance from nineteen nine nine, where Backstreet Boys canceled. It was the most god awful hot September day, and five had to save the show and sing their one hit for a second time. That's at least how I recall it in my forty year old brain. No, you're absolutely right. I've told the story a million times. It was blazing hot that day, about ninety five degrees late September. Backstreet Boys were the headliner. They were at their peak. And I want to say it was not ninety nine. I want to say it was ninety eight, but it also could have been ninety seven. Not ninety eight sounds right, Yeah, I think it was ninety eight. Okay. So anyway, if Backstreet Boys canceled, they couldn't make it because three of the four three of the five were there, but the other two could not be there. They said, we can't go on. All these girls had lined up against the fence in the hot, blazing sun, and they would not leave because if they left to get water, they would lose their spot. Yeah, so they didn't get water and they got to hydrated and start to drop, oh god, like flies. So there's more to the story, but you've got most of it right, And I mean I'm I guess happy you remember it, but also not happy that it went down that way. I always mean to ride in, but after the conversation about how Jenny and Bailey feel like the old ladies of the group, I invite them to join me down here in Florida at the local Moose Club. For the average age is over seventy five. I'm the ripe old age of forty four and mostly the youngest in the crowd. While the sound of the older crowd might turn you running the other way, those octogenarians can throw down on a Friday night to uptown funk like no other. They are lovely, fun and so welcoming. There's a lot to learn from the cross generations, and mostly is to learn how to continue to have fun as you age. I echo all the sentiments about how much I love the morning crew. Thank you keep doing your thing. I would love a staff rider sticker for the guest room mini fridge, says Elsa, and I'm going to send this to her right now.
Speaker 2: Oh fun to live in a space where everyone's like over seventy five. I think that'd be fun. Those people are usually quite delightful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially if they're out. If they're not, like, you know, partying that type of thing, then they probably are quite delightful and they got the best stories. I always loved talking to old people because they always have like the best surprising story. Jan Nita writes in, and I also have a rant from her coming up now. I don't know if you remember this story, but she writes in and she says, hey, hey, y'all, Hey, just wanted to reach out and tell you, guys, guess who I ran into yesterday at the gas station. It was the lady I ranted about that was in Target. It had that little shit bag son that kept calling her a bitch. Now remember it was a month or so ago, and Jannita said that she was in Target and there was a little kid calling his mom a bitch and you're giving your bitch for not buying me this and blah blah blah blah blah. Yeah, that's awful, And so Wannita went over and said, you stop it, you're being a little shit or something like that. Is that how you remember?
Speaker 2: I think so that she called the kid out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So when Ian into her yesterday, she immediately ran up to me and thanked me for what I did. She said, ever since that happened, he has not called her that name or given her problems in public or at home. She said, whenever they go out, before he gets out of the car, he looks around first, as if to make certain I'm not anywhere around. She said he had asked, Mom, do you think that crazy black lady is in the store? I thought that was hilarious, and I told her don't worry. Just reach out to me anytime she thinks she might need some readjustments, she wrote. She said she wrote the Minnesota Goodbye several times because she just started listening due to her being on medical leave from work, and she heard me talk about it on my ranch. She said. Her email hasn't been read. Her name is Sarah and gives a last name, but she didn't want her name said over the radio. I just thought I would share Sarah. I didn't see that email, but I'll go back and see her. Juanita. I didn't see it, but I guess I can go back and look. Yeah, all right, do you want to find a Janita Rant?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Okay, let me see if I can find it. I should have been ready as well.
Speaker 2: I'll have I have one thing to say about when you call out some kid for something like sometimes they need to hear it from somebody other than their parent in order to like act on it or you know, adjust themselves. Because when I worked for the Minnesota Historical Society, the teachers would be like, I've said this to these kids a thousand times, but now that you're saying it to them your brand new voice, so they're going to listen to you.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 2: It'll be like I'll trust it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Needa, if you sent in a rant recently, I cannot find it and it could be that I accidentally hit the little garbage can icon, So send in another one. If you still got it, send in another one because we miss your rant. Sarah writes in Minnesota, goodbye, good Morning radio Friends. Was listen to the show mentioned real ID? He is correct. Go to your local DMV. You got to take a new picture. You need proof of citizenship two forms and two forms of proof of residents. Also, there's two real IDs enhanced a regular. Both can be used for air travel. The intensity enhances an extra fee, but it allows you to travel to Canada and Mexico, but it's not necessary if you don't travel there. If you end up traveling to those areas, then an additional passport is required cost maybe forty five bucks. Make an appointment online at your DMV. It can take up to two months wow to get your new card. Love y'all From Sarah the massage Therapist.
Speaker 2: I think I'm just going to get a new passport because my passport expired I think in January of last year, and not that. I mean when I got my passport ten years ago, I wanted to be a flight attendant, which is why I got it. I went on one international flight in the entire ten years that I had it, but hey, you never know. It's good for ten years, so I'll probably go on another international flight, maybe one in the next ten years.
Speaker 1: Why didn't the flight attendant thing work out?
Speaker 2: I didn't get hired.
Speaker 1: Oh you wanted to be, but they wouldn't hire you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they didn't hire me. I mean I applied. I think I applied for two different airlines and they just didn't hire me. So, but you had to have a passport in order to apply.
Speaker 1: What do you think your shortcoming was?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Because I like wearing a little outfit. I would have worn heels if they needed me to.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I require you to anymore.
Speaker 2: Dwayne, back when I applied for it, Maybe I don't know why I didn't get it, but I just didn't I got I didn't get a lot of jobs that I applied for.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was gonna tell a story, but I've told it before and it's not that interesting, so I'm gonna move on. Akay, Hello Morning Show, my favorite crew. I'm back with another random question from Kristin. She was the one who wrote in about yesterday about how her pupils are not in the center of her eye. And she sends a picture, so I won't dwell on the picture. I'll show it to you later because we are an audio not a video content show. But she has a question, what is this song you skip immediately anytime it comes on? For me? It's Anything by Alison Chains. It's so boring. Next, off the top of my head, I would say Beyonce, and I don't dislike the I just don't like Beyonce. I realize she's like one of the world's biggest artists, but I'm just not a fan in the same way that some people might say, well, you know, if I hear a Beatles song, I'm gonna skip it. It doesn't mean you hate the Beatles. It just means it's not your thing. Yeah, So off the top of my head, I would say, op a tip a tip, Op a tip a tip. I skipped that. I've heard it too many times. And any Beyonce song I.
Speaker 2: I speaking of the Beatles Beatles during the Christmas season, I always skip War is over and simply having a wonderful Christmas time. Okay, I hate both of those songs. I don't know what it is about them, but I hate them both. So the second they come on, I switch the channel fair.
Speaker 1: Enough, and I would say, for me, it's rocking around the Christmas Tree. I've heard it a million times. I don't want to hear it again. I don't even like it that much. So what about you? That's an interesting question. Give me a list or a song or two. Send me an email. There's something everybody has you're going I want to write to the Minnesota goodbye. I want to hear my email on the radio, but I don't have anything to talk about. Everybody's got one. Jot a quick little note and let us and send it to Ryan's show at katwbat on com. What song you skip every time you hear it? Come on the radio. Let me see here. I've been behind on podcasting, but I heard a question you asked on the one January twenty third show of what you Do if a loved one dies far from home? Well, I can tell you my brother was in rehab in California in twenty fifteen and overdosed. Yes, while in rehabit their facility. Sorry to hear that. Anyway, we live in Ohio. We had to have his body flown back for burial. They put the body in storage beneath the plane. There's probably been several flights you've been on not knowing they're cargoing a body beneath Yeah, it's actually pretty common, Oh, because you know, people don't always get buried or the service where they die, so they fly it back home. Well, where do you put it? And you book it with United and they put it in the cargo area?
Speaker 2: Can you you might know this answer? Can you explain what the cargo area looks like? Because I know you put like pets down in the cargo area as well, and I just assume it's like rounded, like a plane and you just toss things into it. So I can't imagine just a body being down there with dogs.
Speaker 1: I don't think that the baggage goes in the same compartment as dogs, because the baggage area is not pressurized. Okay, okay, So pressurized means there's oxygen and equal pressure. So in other words, they it's kind of like the cabin is pressurized because they pressurize the cabin they close the doors, and then that's why, because if it didn't, your ears would pop mercilessly as you flew up to thirty eight thousand feet. So it's pressurized with oxygen, so the air pressure feels about the same as it does on the ground. Your ears still pop once in a while. But in the baggage section, your suitcase doesn't need to be pressurized. But if there's a dog or a cat down there, there's I believe, a special compartment that is pressurized.
Speaker 2: What does it look like, do you know?
Speaker 1: And I've never been in one.
Speaker 2: Don't person down there? No, no, no, So those dogs and cats and everything are just down there.
Speaker 1: A lot a lot of people don't want to fly their pets in the pressurized pet.
Speaker 2: Compartment, but buy an extra seat, have them sit next to me.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't you know, I see all the time. I travel about once every six weeks to Colorado or somewhere. I see dogs in airports all the time, and a lot of them. A lot of airlines are cracked down on the service animal thing, yeah, because people would go on Amazon and they'd buy a service animal vest for their dog that has absolutely no service animal training, and they would take on an airplane. Because you used to not be able to ask, like if I work for American Airlines, yeah, I can't say, excuse me, ma'am, is that really a service dog?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we couldn't ask when we worked at the museum. Yeah, really a museum.
Speaker 1: So I think a lot of people took advantage of that, and now I think it has I don't know, maybe somebody who works for an airline or has a genuine service dog. But it always kind of irked me when you would see a dog that was not a service.
Speaker 2: Dog pulling on the leash, right, yeah, pulling.
Speaker 1: Around and like, you know, sniffing at other people's fast food and.
Speaker 2: So unlikely.
Speaker 1: You know, I've flown a dog under, you know, in the cargo department before compartment, and they say that it's miserable, it's loud, and it's colds and kiddies.
Speaker 2: I guess that's kind I guess that's kind of freaky. But I get I get it.
Speaker 1: Uh, and I believe honestly, I think that's it. I think we're out of Minnesota Goodbye emails already, all right?
Speaker 2: People need to email us. Then it sounds like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let us know what you what is on your mind, because we'd love to get you on the Minnesota Goodbye. Whether you want to send an email or I mean that's the main way to get a hold of us, or you have something you want to bring up or a topic, because really that is the heart of the show. Is there anything else that we want to bring up that we can't bring up on the radio?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got I got a picture here. You want to see this picture. It's it's boobies.
Speaker 1: Whose boobies are those?
Speaker 2: Oh? It's yeah, I don't know. It's it's a headless woman, but she's got boobies.
Speaker 1: Here is her head cut off?
Speaker 2: No, it just the picture doesn't show it.
Speaker 1: It doesn't do anything for me.
Speaker 2: Boobies Dave hold on the bus Driver's coming.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're ridiculous. What are you? Fourteen?
Speaker 2: Called a call back, It's called a callback to what was happening at the beginning of this podcast where you said we're a couple of fifteen year old boys on the bus. This is an improv tactic. It's called a call back. You know what.
Speaker 1: It's funny back because back in when I was in broadcasting school, we called it familiar open, familiar clothes. Oh, and then it's kind of the same thing because if you watch the news, they'll establish a shot of Frank Vassilero and Amelia Santanello, like you know, with a camera above the newsroom floor with a broad shot of a million Frank, and then that's the open. And then at the end they will close the news by saying good night, We'll see.
Speaker 2: You tomorrow, and then go back to that shot, go back.
Speaker 1: To that shot, familiar open, familiar clothes. And that is something that I didn't know extended to other things, called a callback.
Speaker 2: We do it in improv all the time. People love a callback.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I learned show today black it at once, and then you bring it back later. People will be like, oh my gosh, I remember when they said that the first time.
Speaker 1: That because we did say we were like a couple of fifteen year old boys on a school bus bus. What were we talking about?
Speaker 2: That this show is spicy, that we can but not but not dirty?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because dirty is like what boys say on the bus, like, yeah, I saw my sister naked in the bathroom last night.
Speaker 2: That creepy Dave.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a bad exing. And that with that with a Minnesota goodbye. I love your emails. Please send to Ryan Show at katiewb dot com.