Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on.
Speaker 2: Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: So we're talking, and we may talk briefly if people are not interested. I think this is an important story because it does show that we as a country we have to be on guard. Let me again congratulations to the US Attorney's Office and to the FBI and to the all the agencies and Department of Justice who were involved in this effort. Let me go next to Wayne in Brocklyn. Wayne, you were next on Nightside. Dan.
Speaker 4: I got a new phone yesterday and you are the first person I've had off speaker and it sounds loud and clear.
Speaker 3: That's great. What type of phone?
Speaker 4: Just an iPhone? I had an iPhone seven and it's funny. When I went into the guy, he's like, this is nine years old. I came to America nine years ago, and I'm like, really, I've had it for that long and it's working. So now it's an iPhone thirteen and everything is bigger and brighter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the planned obsolescence that we have in America. Unfortunately, they just keep pushing more stuff for people for all of us to buy. But whatever I mean, did you cost you a lot of money?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, I mean it was like it was probably like it was a Horizon trade in or something. It's meant conditioned. But so this third what I have is at thirteen, then they have fourteen, fifteen. Now they're on sixteens. And believe me, like I said, mine was almost ten years old. I don't need a new one. But you can't. It's like your eighty three Chevelle. You can't find parts for it anymore. So one day you need to give it up real quick. On this.
Speaker 3: I was talking to a friend of mine today who, believe it or not, was having trouble with his power steering and as he was driving today, the steering wheel came off lat Why and thank god, thank god it's an older car obviously, but thank god that he was not on the mass Turnpike or one twenty eight or four.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's insane. I've never heard of that before.
Speaker 3: I haven't either. I called me later today he says, you won't believe what happened to me today. And he was he was driving in a community, was able to pull over the side of the road. How he did that without a steering wheel? I have no idea, but just unbelievable. So tell, let's talk about this arrest. Hats off to the authorities. This is a this is a good one.
Speaker 4: So I haven't I've heard a little bit about it, but it's just bringing me back to every year when we hear nine to eleven nether Fort. There was a paper trail on all of those hijackers. That's probably why we didn't find them, but we could identify them and maybe, you know, trace their sources or their motivations or whatever. Now this guy here from Natick, he was a homeowner, right, did you say he was a business owner.
Speaker 3: I don't know what this guy was. The guy who was over in Iran, he owned this business that interacted with the Revolutionary Guard. And according to the allegations, this guy in Natick, this is a guy living in Natick, Massachusetts. You know who. You would think, even though he's Iranian, that he would say, thank god, I'm living in Natick, Massachusetts, and thank god that living in Iran. But somehow, yeah, but so money.
Speaker 4: So him him living in Natick. Once again, he's he's got a paper trail a mile long. My thing is and it comes back to the sang ctuary state here and the millions and upon millions of people in this country. We have no idea who they are, and I mean, God forbid that the day and it almost seems like an inevitable certainty that something's going to happen. How are they gonna, you know, trace them or find their paper trail or know where they came from or where they're going. And it's and I blame this all on Democrats for leaving the border open. And that's my speech to agree with.
Speaker 3: You, I mean, I happen to agree with you. That border has been wide open. We have no idea what's come across, We have no idea who's come across it. And you know, everybody will say, well, we have bad people in this country, and and well that's fine, but we don't need more bad people coming into the country illegally. And this whole push of sanctuary cities here in Massachusetts, it's going to blow up in the face of the Democratic pood as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 4: But again, the fact that there are the bad people in this country, like the guy in New York that shot the health executive there, he had a paper trail mill. Not long we knew who he was. All of these people that we don't know anyway. I wish you merry Christmas, sir, and Christmas to.
Speaker 3: You as well. Well. Appreciate it very much.
Speaker 4: You take care, Dan, we'll talk so have a great night.
Speaker 3: Goodn Again. This is an issue that is a particular concern to my next calla Patrick from the District of Columbia. And we have just allowed so many people to come into this country with no knowledge of who they are, where they're from. And the vast majority of them, I'm sure are good people coming here for all the right reasons. But within that group, there is a subset of people who are coming here for the wrong reasons. And this guy in Natick, if the allegations are true, and obviously he enjoys the presumption of innocence like anyone does in this country. But I don't know how this guy can sleep at night if he realizes, maybe he doesn't, that the relationship he had with this guy back in tron may have committed direct contribution to the deaths of three US service people from the state of Georgia. There. I guess there were National Guard members from Georgia who basically died in their in their bugs at night because they were able to fly this this soun drone uh into the into the barracks. Let's go to Patrick in DC. Patrick. This is exactly what we've been talking about many times. Go right ahead, Patrick, I know, sir.
Speaker 5: And again another subject that catches my ear. This is what emboldens our enemy is that we don't have tight controls on things like this. And I hope that this case exposes the way that this technology and can leak out of the country and be.
Speaker 4: Used against us.
Speaker 5: That this is very important. I think when they look at the trail, how this technology and how the stuff can get in our enemy's hands. This is stuff that we produce here in our country. They're taking our stuff and then turning it around and using it against us. You know, anytime you can come up with a pathway to stop that is you know, has my loss, my money's going to.
Speaker 4: The right people.
Speaker 3: Well, the funny thing about it is that right now, with what's been going on in the Middle East, Hezbollah has been decimated, Hamas has been decimated, thank you very much. Prime Minister Benjamin net Yahoo independently, Syria has fallen, the House of Asade has crumbled. He's living in Russia, which is fine, by the way, it was interesting. Donald Trump made a comment and if I can pull this comment here, Rob will be able to play it for me, which was which was a very interesting comment. He was asked about again this is a little bit off topic, but it really does work here. Uh, the president was asked in I guess it was down. Now, why have I lost this here? Yeah? He said. He was asked at his press conference yesterday about Bashar al Assade. This is cut number twelve. Asad has fled to Russia. He's been given sanctuary by Putin. You know, two bad guys. And President Trump was asked if he's going to ask Putin to give up a Shahrassad al Assade, and this was Trump's answer, cut twelve, please.
Speaker 6: Rob, You said, well, you make that deal before you take office.
Speaker 3: You still think you can make that deal, Will you ask soon to give up a Sad?
Speaker 6: Well, I haven't thought of it. I think we have to get on with our lives. I'll have to see what happens. But right now, Siria has a lot of you know, there's a lot of indefinites. Nobody knows what's going to happen in this area. But I think Turkey is going to hold the Cajus area extra. I don't think you've heard that from anybody else, but I've been pretty good at predicting.
Speaker 3: So what he basically said was, you know, we need to get on with our lives. And I had I agree with him. I don't know what you think, Patrick, but I have no interest in dragging a side back here and putting him on some sort of trial back here. First of all, Putin is not going to surrender her. Number One, A stupid question from the from the reporter, It's like the Trump. All they're trying to do now is is badger Trump and ask him questions that it's not in our national interest to bring us side back here. What do you think?
Speaker 5: Well, and it's not even in our communication interest for that question, which is kind of stupid question, i'lcohol go along and agree with you. But the Obama administration, then the first Trump administration, and then the Biden administration still did not have the backbone to understand how to play chess with that dirty Russian by not trying to get Edward Snowden back to stop Edward Snowden from contributing against US to Russia you know so, No, No, that was a stupid question. The side that doesn't do us any good, but uh throwing uh throwing us a little bit of a chess blackmail towards puting with getting Edward Snowden back away from him.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, if if if we for some reason wanted to bring a side back here, okay and put him on some sort of a show trial. Uh, all that's going to do is you're going to have some aside loyalist decide that they're gonna they're gonna strike American interests overseas. Hey, a side's done. He's let him go live in Russia, eat boys for the rest of his life and die of miserable death and exile.
Speaker 7: That's how I love.
Speaker 5: That was the one man in civilization that had the potential to help people who turned out we want evil, evil evil.
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you, Merry Christmas. Do you Patrick appreciate it? Thank you so much. We'll talk soon. Good night. When we get back. We'll talk with Al and Daryl. Even have room for you. I'm going to change topics at eleven. I want to talk about why Massachusetts has the worst car drivers in America. But I agree we are the worst drivers, but not for the reason you think. We'll talk about that after eleven. In the meantime, we got Al and Daryl coming up, and I get some room for you at six one seven or six one seven nine. Again, hats off to the Justice Department for what they have accomplished in this case. Three US soldiers are dead. Uh, and if the allegations are true, it's as a result of what in part a US national, Iranian American national living in Natick was able to pull off in conjunction with a bad guy from Tehran. We'll be back on night Side right after this.
Speaker 2: Now, Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get everybody in here and they will wrap this discussion. I just think again, hats off to the to the FBI, to the Department of Justice on this one. Darryl and New Brunswick. Darryl next on Nisager.
Speaker 2: Right ahead, Hey, Dan, reference one of your last callers reference to steering wheel coming off.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, Well, I'm just I'm going with it because I was watching the series of Hogan's serials and Sergeant Schultz actually had the steering wheel come off, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, but it goes back.
Speaker 3: I didn't know what we're talking about, but that's I mentioned that parenthetically, go.
Speaker 2: Ahead, okay, but with the intelligence that's what you need. Because if you've ever seen a show called Border Security, I actually have a recording of a Canadian, a couple of guys coming over to the Niagara border and the US border officer asked, what's your income? Well, we're on welfare with the Canadian government. But they had forty thousand dollars in some PayPal account, so they were refused entry. And so we don't know who's coming in, what's going on.
Speaker 3: There's no doubt about that. I mean again, our borders are wide open. I don't know how would your situation is up there. Do you have a lot of people coming in up there as well?
Speaker 2: At present? Right now? No, but you can actually tell people that are coming in. But I will tell you something that's really stupid. In the Canadian law, if you can come into Canada without being acknowledged within fourteen days, on the fifteenth day, you can claim refugee status and they'll put you in for a que and you'll you won't see a guy for four years.
Speaker 3: That does sound stupid.
Speaker 2: No, that's the way the system. That's the way the system is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you have an immigration problem there in Canada. I'm a I'm familiar with that and you've had a lot of problems uh in in Canada over the years. So yeah, but a lot of you have the separatists in uh in Quebec. I don't know where that's is. And recently but they literally try to to leave the leave Canada.
Speaker 2: No, that was years ago, I know. But but right now, uh reference the other color. Do not invite Trudeau because he was actually has to resign by a bunch of his old ministers, right and uh President, he's actually being an he's being like Trump.
Speaker 3: Is now referring to him as the governor of the fifty first state. I'm sure you've you've heard of seen that I've left it that's being received.
Speaker 2: Well that that's a joke. But at the same time, you guys can be the eleven province, right, you can be got the what eleven province?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I got to run. Thanks man, I gotta get one more. And it's always nice to hear you always, Thanks very much. Let me go to Alan Cambridge, al bring me back to what we're talking about. Place, go ahead, happen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Dan Ray, what I'm saying is could always talk about everybody coming to America. America needs to stop bad mouth and everybody that's here because look at the history of how America came here. I mean, yesterday we just had another high school shooting. Well, I ain't know all those other people you talk about coming from over the border. He's doing the shootings in the school. We have to look at the way Mitch, America itself became a and now we don't even want today Columbus state no more. That ain't gonna help them. Maratica could become a better place. You look at January sixth, it wasn't form. Are all those people come across the border? That's something did well.
Speaker 3: We have problems. We have problems here at the point, and you're you're a great caller because you're making the point I want to make, and that is this. Do we have problems domestically. Absolutely. Do we have people who break the law here? Absolutely. Do we have Americans who deserve to be incarcerated, Absolutely, But we don't need more people coming here for the and particularly those who are coming here and who are breaking the laws. We have gangs coming in here from Central America. We have gangs coming in from Venezuela. We're a wide open country. Now again, it may never affect you well, but look at look at the woman in Georgia who was jogging on her college campus and who was murdered. You know by this this guy from Venezuela. She would be alive if he hadn't come in the country. Okay, do are there Americans who murder other Americans? Yes, but we don't need more people coming in to murder Americans. We got enough right now of people in America who murder Americans. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Yes, So I'm just simply saying, if we keep bad mounting everybody else it's coming from America legally or illegally, I mean, we're bad mounting our own.
Speaker 7: President Trump, don't I'm.
Speaker 3: Not looking to bad mouthed people. Wait a second, I'm not looking to bad mouth people who are coming here legally. I want people to come here legally. If you listened earlier, I was talking to Chris Snunu, and I said, we should we only naturalize less than a million people a year. We should we should basically naturalize upwards of two to three million people a year. I'm not looking that. All I'm saying is that that if we do not know who is coming across our border, a percentage of those people are going to come here for the wrong reason, and we got to stop it.
Speaker 7: Right, I understand it. But just even the way you're saying it, you're forgetting that's how.
Speaker 2: That's that.
Speaker 7: But I just want to say this, just even the way you're saying it, you forgot that how America came across the border to become America. Come on, Dan, I'm saying, if he came.
Speaker 3: He came across the border. Look, here's a history lesson for you. Okay. People came across the border, and they came to a place called Ellis Island, and they were drugged away. If they had tuberculosis, if they had communicable they were turned away.
Speaker 7: Now I know, but the way America was founded was through the eradication of the people who was here first.
Speaker 3: So this is what I've been talking about.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well we if we will.
Speaker 3: When you're willing to give up your property, do you own a home or a condo in Cambridge?
Speaker 7: I gave it up a long time ago, when I joined the service and never got it back. You know what it was. I've always talked about my homelessness to this damn day.
Speaker 3: No one's good. No one's going to give back there anyone who wants to talk that way. Give back your give back your house, give back your property. It's it's all. That's all. I'm ancerting about people who are coming here illegally, who are killing and naming and hurting and robbing other Americans. If that makes a person, I'm a bad.
Speaker 7: We came here, we killed off the Indians. That's not legal.
Speaker 3: That will get me out again again. All you do is you you roll out these arguments which which I can knock down. If I had a little bit more time, I could take them all on every night. Call back next week. We're too close to the eleven. Now, what do you want to do? Do you want to leave and have everybody by the way, I'm a Native American you're talking to Do you know that?
Speaker 7: No, but I'm listening.
Speaker 3: I'm a Native American. I was born at Jamaica Plane. That's the only place I'm native to man. Simple as that, I have no responsibility for the fact that my parents fled to My grandparents fled a Panato famine and came here. Okay, so you know, don't do a guilt trip on me. Simple as that. I just want our country to be a little safer than it is now. That's all. We got plenty of criminals in this country, bad people. We don't need to bring more in. Al Am gonna let you run. Thank you for your service. We'll talk thank you too, you too, my friend. Here comes the eleven o'clock news. We're going to talk about what makes Massachusetts the worst drivers in America. It's not what you think, but I'll tell you why. I do believe we have the worst drivers in the United States. Coming back after the eleven o'clock News on Nightside