Speaker 1: And both episode Cool Rookie.
Speaker 2: What's up? Guys? Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue Podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 4: It sure does.
Speaker 2: In this episode, we are rewatching season one one, episode six the weekend and talking about how we feel about it now, three years later after we watched it the first time, and it is going to be a super good time.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website, Thebluepodcast dot com, our email address Louly Podcast at gmail dot com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store time stamp so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, and you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free via Patreon for just one dollar a month and a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 5: They sure are. Thank you guys so much. We really really appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things that are awesome. We just got done watching the Weekend. What's today, kiddo? It's the weekend, that's right, Stella, could you tell us what was going on? At the beginning of this.
Speaker 3: Episode, Bingo was eating her breakfast and singing a song.
Speaker 6: I'm a diggat, get out my way, I need to dig the ground today.
Speaker 3: And while she was doing that, Bandit asked her if she knew what day it was, and she said that it was the weekend. After that, Bluie came in and gave Bandit a letter which had a drumstick in it, so Bandi started playing the drums on the table and Bingo and Blue started dancing.
Speaker 2: Amanda Banda asked about one other thing from Bingo. What was it?
Speaker 5: He asked her how many games they should play that weekend? And of course you can't see me doing this, but she stretched out her arms and said this many and he said that's doable.
Speaker 2: They're ready for the fun to begin. Bandit is trying to watch cricket, But the kids have something else in mind. Iman. What are they doing to him?
Speaker 4: They are wrestling him on the floor.
Speaker 2: BLUEI told him he wasn't going anywhere, and she called him something, Henry, what was it?
Speaker 3: She called him wild beast?
Speaker 2: Did he seem like a wild beast to you?
Speaker 5: I guess he didn't really look like it to me.
Speaker 2: No, he looked more like, I want to lay here and chill out kind of beast. Chili was getting ready to go for a run, Henry. Did you notice anything about what she was wearing on her arm?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I noticed that she was wearing a band that looked like it had her phone in it, that had headphones connected to it.
Speaker 2: I think it was an iPod. But did you notice the logo on it?
Speaker 3: No? I don't think I know.
Speaker 2: It looked like a dog biscuit. Oh, instead of the Apple logo, it was a dog biscuit.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't know such either.
Speaker 2: That's cute, Henry. Blue asks Bingo if she wants to play a game? What is it?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 3: Statues?
Speaker 2: Right before it cuts away, Banda is watching the cricket match and he says, how is that? LBW? And I had to look that up because I had no idea what that meant. And it means leg before wicket. It's a call where the umpire rules that a batter is out. And I thought that was funny that it was just a little side thing and I had no clue what it meant. Maybe we should get into cricket. What do you guys think?
Speaker 4: I don't know. We could check it out.
Speaker 2: I guess we definitely don't have a local cricket team here to cheer for, so we would have to pick somebody. But maybe we should look into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we could give it a go.
Speaker 2: Blue has set up a shop to sell statue and Bandit is their customer. Stella, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Bandit comes to the store and b Louie, the shopkeeper asks him if he wants to buy a statue, and he asks a question before he buys it. He asks if the statues are magic statues, because he's had to go through that before, but she tells him that no, they are not magic statues, they are just normal statues.
Speaker 2: I love that he said the thing about I've dealt with this before, poor Bandits. Suddenly Bandit needed to pause their statue shop game. Amanda, what was going on there.
Speaker 5: He pauses a game because well, nature is calling and he has to go to the bathroom, and both of the girls go in there with him because well, I guess, because mom's not home to keep an eye on him, and Bingo is just having a good time.
Speaker 4: I'm singing a little diddy.
Speaker 6: Bilby Gig Bailby, big Geek cal Katie.
Speaker 5: Call Katie, and Bluie's just standing there, looks like maybe she's playing on a phone or something, playing with something, and then all of a sudden she starts complaining about how much bandit stinks.
Speaker 2: What thing? Well, you're welcome to wait outside, kitto, Amanda. Did that take you back to when these two were younger.
Speaker 4: And they'd have to go to the bathroom with us?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, I feel we didn't do that unfortunately.
Speaker 5: Yo, Oh yes you did, especially when if you came home from somewhere and you're still in the car seat, yeah, car seat, and all you went in with us if we had to go.
Speaker 2: The worst is when you're in public somewhere, because you can't just let them roam the mall or something, so you have to drag them in and you're all crowded in there and everybody can hear your business and hear them squabbling or whatever.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's just a part of life, though it is.
Speaker 2: It went by really fast. Bandit unpauses the game and now it's statue buying time. How much is the statue? Henry?
Speaker 3: Four hundred dollary dues?
Speaker 2: Very good? The only time I've ever heard dollary dues was from The Simpsons and this episode Blue Oh my gosh. Anyway, Bandit gets the statue home and realizes he's forgotten his change and goes back to the shopkeeper Henry, what happens with that statue?
Speaker 3: The statue moves somewhere else, and when Bennett comes back, he's wondering what happened and why is it over there? All of a sudden, and then Bluey comes over the asked if everything's okay.
Speaker 2: Bandit explains to the shopkeeper everything, okay, I think, sir, I could have sworn I left the statue here. I found it over there.
Speaker 3: Well, you probably just kind of crazy or something. Oh, yes, probably Bluie was trying to gaslight Bandit.
Speaker 2: That doesn't seem very nice, does it, eh? Have you ever have you ever tried pulling one on me like that? I don't know.
Speaker 5: That's a yes, you're probably not, probably so, Stella.
Speaker 2: Where does the magic statue end up? Next?
Speaker 3: The magic statue ends up off the chair and out the front door.
Speaker 2: Bandit, in my opinion, rightfully so accused the shopkeeper, but she swore it wasn't her. Bandit called the girls a name that I loved, Stella, do you remember what it was?
Speaker 3: Didn't he call them reprobates?
Speaker 2: Yes, very very good, and that means usually you use it to be funny, but it's kind of like, where is that devious or terrible person? But yeah, he was trying to be funny with it, which I thought was good. The girls play a game with Bandit, Amanda, what are they doing to him?
Speaker 5: They're outside ringing the doorbell, and as soon as they hit the doorbell, they both hide on either side of the front door, and Bandit will come and open up the door and say hello, and then nobody's there. So he goes back inside, and Blue runs over because she's taller so she can reach the doorbell better. She runs over, dings the doorbell again, runs back to hide. Bandit opens the door, same thing, Hello, nobody's there.
Speaker 4: He goes back in.
Speaker 5: Then from the final time, Bingo says that she wants to ring the doorbell, so Blue's trying to help her by picking her up so she can reach it, and she ding Dong's the bell, but they didn't have time to hide. They both end up just kind of falling down from Blue trying to pick Bingo up, and Dad comes out and catches them that time.
Speaker 2: And then a ch case ensues. Yes, one thing I love when Banda is playing with the kids like this is how proper he'll speak. The very first time he says, well, I guess I'll carry on with my current tasks, and the next time he said something along the lines of that is certainly a very strange occurrence because he sure doesn't talk like that normally. Right during the chase, Bingo gets distracted by something and Bandit keeps chasing Bluey Henry, what's going on with Bingo?
Speaker 3: Bingo sees a leaf does moving. It turns out it's a leaf bug, and she walks up to it and she says, why will a leaf want a walk?
Speaker 2: She was very mesmerized by it, and I thought it was cute how kind she was being too it. And the camera angle was from the bugs perspective where Bingo's nose was ginormous in the frame was so adorable. She's such a kind person, Henry. What is she trying to do?
Speaker 3: She keeps calling for a bandit so then he can come and see it.
Speaker 2: I love that. She was saying, daddy, daddy, come here, and she was trying to whisper to not scare the bug away. But what happened, Henry.
Speaker 3: The bug flew away and she said to it goodbye, I'll miss you.
Speaker 2: You can tell Bingo's a little bit sad about it. Chili shows up and sees Bluie and she wants a hug. Stella, What is going on with Banda?
Speaker 3: In that one, Bandit is holding on to Blue while she's trying to run, so she looks like she's running to go to Chili, but in reality she's.
Speaker 2: Going nowhere, and Bandit keeps going, go on, go give your mam a hug. Have ever done anything like that to you guys? Yes?
Speaker 3: Probably.
Speaker 4: That was a pretty quick answer, Henry.
Speaker 2: I'll say, she whiz.
Speaker 3: I'm just being honest.
Speaker 2: You're right. It is kind of funny to me to watch aanda and see myself and him. We have the same build the same sense of humor. You're both blue, Yeah, exactly. We get to watch the rest of their day in a montage. They're playing and brushing their teeth and getting in bed, and now they're in their bedroom and Bluie is talking to Chili Stella. What does she ask her?
Speaker 3: She asks her if there's more weekend tomorrow and Chili says yes.
Speaker 2: Bingo's already tucked in and Chili compliments her on it, but then realizes that she's sad. What happens Amanda.
Speaker 5: Chili calls dad to come in and see Bingo, and Bingo explains to him how she was trying to call him over to come see the leaf bug and he said, I'm sorry, kid, I just didn't hear you. Bandit explains to Bingo that the reason why he didn't hear her call for him was because of this crazy statue that he bought that day in all the crazy events that went on, and Bingo has a confession.
Speaker 6: Danny, Yeah, it was me watch im with.
Speaker 7: This what you know what?
Speaker 2: I did think you looked a little bit familiar. I thought it was so cute that Bingo admitted that it was her, like she thought he really didn't know yeah, and I may have talked about this on the episode we did three years ago. The first time we watched this, it reminds me of something that happened was Stella. Stella, do you know what I'm going to say. I am super into Star Wars and I would pretend that I had the force and I would reach my arm out to pull things to me, and like, all I have to do is concentrate really hard, and Stella would tell me to close my eyes, and she would get whatever it was and run it and put it in my hand and then say, open your eyes, daddy. You did it. You did it. And it was so cute. And then one day I was pretending I was trying to knock some things off of a table and she's knocking them off for me, and she gets her hand right next to something. She goes, go ahead, close your eyes, daddy, I bet you can do it. But one day she decides she needs to tell me that it was her the whole time. And I acted like I was devastated and that I had no idea, and her little face got so sad and she goes, Daddy, I'm just kidding, it was you the whole time. It was so cute. Oh my gosh, I'll never forget that. And now I find out she's trying to gaslight me all the time.
Speaker 3: Oh, why can't you still be like that? Still?
Speaker 4: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: When Bandits on his way out the door, Bingo asked him to leave it open just a little bit? Why was that, Henry?
Speaker 3: So then the weaf could come in? Ah?
Speaker 2: And that was the episode, Henry. Did we forget anything?
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 4: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: Can anyone tell us what did you learn today?
Speaker 5: I don't know if there was a lesson we were supposed to learn from this episode, But what I take from it is that kids love the weekend, and weekends are meant for fun, and boy, this Healer family, they know how to have some fun.
Speaker 2: I totally agree, Amanda.
Speaker 3: What about you, guys, I don't think there was I think this is just supposed to be a fun and cute episode. Yeah. I agree with Mom and Stella. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: I really like this one too. If I had to find a lesson in this, I would say that as a parent, putting aside the thing you wanted, like Bandit wanting to watch the cricket match makes a huge difference to your kids. This small sacrifice for him turned into something that they'll probably cherish for years after that. They'll remember the day that they played this game, and honestly, Bandit will remember it too. It's kind of like me remembering the story of Stella letting me think that I was a Jedi. So that was really special, and Bandit just made one small decision to put the cricket match aside and spend time with the girls and focus on that. Yeah, I agree, that's it. That's all I did. After that, I was laying down some fire right there. The other thing I would say is that your kids coming into the bathroom while you're trying to poop is something you'll try to forget about, but there's always going to be reminders. And boy oh boy, was that a lot.
Speaker 4: Indeed.
Speaker 5: Absolutely Unfortunately, that's just, you know, it's just one of those things you gotta do what you gotta do when you're the only parent that happens to be home at that moment and nature calls?
Speaker 2: Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 5: One thing that I absolutely loved about this episode was like you were saying earlier, how Bingo just is so kind and her soft little voice talking to the leafbug was just so sweet and adorable, and I just love that little part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought this episode was really cute, and I thought the little leaf bug was cute. I think that this episode's very good because they get to have a weekend, and also it was a very funny episode.
Speaker 2: I agree. I really like seeing these dynamics. I love watching Bandit play with the kids because it reminds me so much of me when these two were little. Oh yeah, it was a blast. We had loads of fun, and we still do, but just in a different way. For one, you guys are too fast for me to chase.
Speaker 5: You got that right, I mean too fast for me to chase. Also, well, guys, we think Bluie is awesome. And speaking of things that we think are awesome, Henry, what should we do next?
Speaker 3: The how outs?
Speaker 2: Okay, listen up. Everyone has to clap and go whoa, Yeah, all right, that's awesome, got it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: We say this all the time, but that's because it's one hundred percent true. We have the best fans in the world, and we definitely could not do this podcast without you guys, so thank you so much for all the support.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we just appreciate you guys so much, and thank you so much for all your awesome reviews and messages, and just thank you for listening and loving the podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at Spotify. We heard from Emily and she said, the lesson of this show is to leave a five star review.
Speaker 4: That is great, I thought, Thank you, Emily.
Speaker 2: We heard from our buddy Alex. We heard from Macy Moo. That's a cute username who is twelve and they still love Bluie because of our podcast.
Speaker 4: Aw that's awesome.
Speaker 2: It is really sweet. Thank you, Macy. We heard from Jaden. He hadn't listened in a while and he said, we need to hear another beat break from Henry. Hopefully you guys caught that in our last episode when we had a throwback to Henry giving us some hold music while we waited.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was definitely a very nice composition from Henry. Thank you very much, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: We heard from one hundred million Cats. Mikayla. She's seven. Hi Mikayla, Hi, Michayla.
Speaker 3: Hi, MICHAELA.
Speaker 2: We heard from Puppy Doggie one, two, three, four, Gabriella Oscar who had a birthday. Happy birthday, Oscar, Happy birthday Oscar. We heard from Dylan Grant, our friend Daisy, Britt Toney, Julia, Draven, Ivy and Sloan. We got some emails. We heard from Alona, thank you so much for emailing us. And we got a couple of voice messages from Eli.
Speaker 8: Don't know the healers. I'll be putting the blue fisng.
Speaker 7: Mom, Dad, big boy.
Speaker 8: Thank you for listening. Don't know the healers. It's done with the healers. I just think you a voice message of the blue the song. I forgot to mention it was me Ei, but to just telling you that such thank.
Speaker 5: You, Eli. That was a great job. You did the theme song perfectly. Great job, buddy.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Eli. You did do a fantastic job. I'm the musician in this family. I recorded our theme at the beginning and end of the show. I played all the guitars and stuff like that, and man, you did a phenomenal job at that way to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you so much for sharing it with us too.
Speaker 2: Guys, if you would like to send us a voice message, ask a grown up to help you record yourself on a phone, tablet or computer and email the file to us our email addresses in the show description and stella what is.
Speaker 3: It Louis Podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, thank you so much guys for all the support. We really really appreciate it. And until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 3: Bye guys, Bye bye Seeming Machine.