Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Last night, our time, we got news that Pope Francis died at the age of eighty eight. It would have been Monday already in Italy. What we don't know is exactly how he died. There are some Italian media outlets that are suggesting that this was a stroke, would have been brought on by complications from the really difficult health struggles that he's had.
Speaker 1: Over the last It wouldn't surprise me if they just sent him home and we're like, Okay, we're going to make you comfortable kind of a thing. After the recent hospitalization, JD. Vance went from the Ohio State championship trophy to the Pope like he's Drake, keep me away from JD. Vance.
Speaker 3: He's moved. He and his wife are now in India. I believe her.
Speaker 1: Good luck India. Say a prayer for India.
Speaker 2: So this is going to be one of those dark I guess that's going to be in jdvan is o bit that he was.
Speaker 3: There with that he was there right before.
Speaker 1: I mean, that is wild that was a Jdvans bucket list personally and politically. Now he had only converted to Catholicism in twenty nineteen in his mid thirties, which I found was interesting. And a pope that has been vocal anti Trump, vocal, very progressive pope. Some call him a communist, but this was a very liberal, progressive pope. So it was interesting that JD. Vance So wanted an audience with him.
Speaker 2: So we have this kind of a dark cloud over for the next couple of weeks as the Pope will lie in state while then the conclave comes together, we choose a new pope, and it goes on for a couple two three weeks. Joining us to talk more about some of the reaction to all of this is Libby Dean, who is a White House correspondent with News Nation.
Speaker 3: Libby, good morning, good morning, Thanks for having me, you bet.
Speaker 1: So what's next, Libby, Well, next is.
Speaker 4: If the President is going to attend Frances's funeral or not. And he actually was just asked several times about it during the Easter eggle of it that just wrapped up here at the White House, and it seems that he doesn't have the answer himself. He was said that he's going to be briefed on it soon and then they're going to make a decision. But it seems like there hasn't been a decision made. But we know the two have a history as well. We're mentioning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would not think it would not surprise me if he did not. I wouldn't. I wouldn't expect this president to go to the pope's funeral for a variety of reasons. I mean, he's not a Catholic and there has been some division there, and it's not like it wouldn't be odd if he was not in attendance. I don't think. I mean, do all American presidents go when a pope dies.
Speaker 4: I guess it's been what over a decade since this has happened. I don't remember if Obama had gone. The timeline in my head isn't there. But I think it would be a little shocking, just because President Trump really courted the Catholic community and has tried to show some unity on that front, despite their differences and things in their views on immigration in the border wall, that was the biggest conflict between them and past I would be kind of shocked if he didn't go, but who knows.
Speaker 2: I also just read, as before the show started here, the President Trump ordered all of federal buildings federal properties to fly the flag at half staff.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he just made that announcement actually from the balcony at the Easter egg role of it that he has now ordered all federal flags and state flags to be at half staff. And that is what he referenced when he was pressed by reporters on if he was going to go to the funeral or not, he said, you know what, I'm doing what I can right now, which is ordering flags at half staff. But now that I am thinking about it's any hesitation from him on that front. You would think you would just say, you know what, I'm going to go, rather than saying I need to be briefed on it, that kind of thing. So maybe there is some hesitation there given the twot's history.
Speaker 2: A quick sidelight, if you don't mind, Libby, I noticed on Twitter on acts you posted the story about Christine Noem having a bunch of stuff stolen. What's going on with that story?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So a DHS official confirmed this News Nation that Christinome was eating dinner last night and had a bunch of stuff stolen from her, and that included three thousand dollars in cash for driver's license keys, passport, DHS access badge, and blank checks. Notably, her phones weren't taken. That was something that a DHS official was pointing out because of course those have sensitive information on them as well as she probably has her government phone on her as well. But that thousand in cash is what when I first saw this story circulating, and now we have a confirmed organization. When I saw it circulating, I was like, three thousand dollars in cash is a lot to be carrying around. Well, the DHS official explained this as a no having her family in town and she wanted to treat them to like Easter gifts and activities and dinner and stuff while they were in town. So yeah, but that certainly an unfortunate event for Christinoam with her DHS badge and all of those things taken from her. And I wonder where that thief is now, and I don't know how that is progressing. When it comes to an investigation, I'll have to look into that.
Speaker 3: Was it stolen from her home, from her residence, and want.
Speaker 4: I understand it was stolen while she was eating dinner in DC somewhere, is what I understand. That's the DHS official told NewsNation.
Speaker 3: So all right, great Lebby, thanks for your.
Speaker 4: Time, thanks for having me for good rest your day.
Speaker 2: You bet, Levy Dean there again, News Nation's White House correspondent.
Speaker 1: Let's see, Benedict died in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: But he wasn't.
Speaker 1: But I mean when he when he died, he wasn't the pope, right right, nobody went. Nobody went Pope John Paul the Second's funeral. Everybody went George W. Bush, Clinton, George H. W. Everyone.
Speaker 2: Well, he was also, if I'm not mistaken, John Paul the Second was like the third longest.
Speaker 1: He was like the most popular. Well maybe it's just my my lifetime. He was.
Speaker 2: He was very popular. I was just gonna say he was the pope. He was the I thought he was always the pope.
Speaker 3: I did go up. I just thought he was right.
Speaker 1: I didn't think he was going to die. I think there's been hundreds of them. It was very confusing growing up Catholic and knowing there was a pope and then he dies, like you know, the world comes CROs So what's going on with Jesus. Jesus now has is not yet? Isn't he out for a while?
Speaker 3: What do you mean out?
Speaker 1: He doesn't ascend for like forty days? Right, No, he's he's oh he did, he did the thing. Yeah, you don't do the ascension right away, but right.
Speaker 2: But he's well, okay, he's like chilling resurrected. Yes, yes, yeah, out of the tomb.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, okay, he's out and about walking around talking to people right now for forty days? Right, I got that right? I think the forty day him in the desert. Yeah, how many days are sev Oh.
Speaker 3: That's a good amy. I think you're right. I think seventeen days is?
Speaker 1: I think it's forty days you guys, Oh, it is forty guys. I thought that's how long he he wandered in the wilder. Parents didn't spend all that money for me not to know. It's forty days of Jesus out walking around after Easter. All right, all right, coming up next, more on the pope. What's next? The conclave is upon us. We'll get a look at the process.
Speaker 2: Low key funeral is is what Francis I would to assume he's a he's a progressive super low, doesn't want to spend it, doesn't want the gold plate at anything.
Speaker 1: Probably he probably wants it in dirt somewhere.
Speaker 2: Well, he's just going for the old oak. I don't even know if it's oak, the old pine box. He's not doing the pine inside, the lead inside the He's just doing.
Speaker 1: I definitely want a pine box. I could see that I want to be buried. I don't want to be burned, and I want a pine box.
Speaker 3: I'll make a pine box out of Palette Way.
Speaker 1: And I want you to bury me in Pioneer Park why And I know that they don't people there anymore, but I think you could do it in the night.
Speaker 3: In the night. I'd like you to respect this with Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: This is the season of faith. Really, you've got to have faith in God and Jesus and have faith that there was a resurrection and ascension, the whole bit right. And this is also the doubting Thomas time. This is the time when Jesus proves to Thomas's the disciple. Sure, because Thomas was like your average Joe and he was like, I don't believe in this crap.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He had an awful weekend and then was like, they said the stone is rolled away, come in and check it out, and he was like, I don't believe.
Speaker 1: He was like, I don't I don't believe you. Jesus goes, he hooks up with the other disciples. They meet in a locked room and they're like, oh my god, you're back right. Thomas wasn't there. He's like, I don't believe it until I see it, until I can touch the wounds in Jesus's hands. I'm not going to believe that until I can touch his side. Y'all are crazy. So Jesus goes to Thomas. He's like, here, I am bro burh and that is how uh and that is how we uh we make sense of all the faith and the faith that you need to have.
Speaker 3: Is that translated from the original Aramaic? By the way, here I am bro I paraphrased.
Speaker 1: Okay, I took liberties with the Bible.
Speaker 2: Before we get back to the news about the death of Pope Francis, I think we're doing a very unpapal thing and offering you one thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars. Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website.
Speaker 3: Check.
Speaker 5: That's check, C H E C K edwit it now at KFI AM six forty dot com. Slash cash powered by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, Winning is everything called the Winning Attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred nine million. That's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 2: Check is the keyword. It goes on that website. We'll do it again an hour from now. Give you a chance to win one thousand dollars. As we mentioned, the Vatican not announced the immediate cause of Pope Francis's death, although there are a couple of media outlets in Italy that have said that this may have been a cerebral hemorrhage, possibly a stroke, said to be unrelated to the respiratory problems the pneumonia that he suffered back in February.
Speaker 1: It's going to be interesting to see what they do picking the new pope. It's not just about religion, it's about politics. Unfortunately, well, a lot of religion is politics. Catholic Church specifically I don't know about the other ones, but a lot of politics are going on the Catholic Church. They say the next pope could come from Africa, Italy, Sri Lanka, possibly even America, but that whoever is elected to follow him is going to be back to the center of things. Yeah, yeah, definitely. I mean this guy, this was a guy who put down the Latin Mass, which is like throwing holy water into well. I won't go down that rud of okay, but you know what I mean, Like that is a real no no to Catholics to turn your back on the Latin Mass. It's one of the strongholds, one of the things that you hold dear as a Catholic, and his turning is back on that as well as the support for the lgbtq AI plus community. Not just support, because popes have supported the Catholic Church has supported this community, but his degree of support, shall we say, Well.
Speaker 2: It's kind of funny. I actually heard an interesting point on that. Bishop David O'Connell out of Trenton, New Jersey, was asked, what about the comment this would have been early on in Pope Francis' tenure, if that's what you call it, papacy where.
Speaker 3: He was asked.
Speaker 2: He was on an airplane and he was asked a question that was basically, what if what if someone is gay and searches for the Lord? He was asked, what do you do?
Speaker 3: What's your on that?
Speaker 2: And the Pope said, if someone is gay and searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge? Is what the Pope said, perfect, which is I mean very biblical. Yeah, who is he to judge?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 2: Even if he's the pope, he's not the one who judges ultimately. So this was this bishop's response to that question of was this groundbreaking when he said it ten twelve years ago.
Speaker 6: I would think it was very significant. However, people make a great deal out of it. You have to understand the context in which that statement was made. He was on a plane and he often spoke off the cuff, and sometimes that disturbed people. People gave many, many different interpretations to that statement. Our Holy Father loved everyone, and he wanted everyone to feel welcome in the church, including the people who are gain lesbian.
Speaker 1: So the church is no different when it comes to just play your game, sing your songs. And I say that in the way of Most people are much more comfortable with athletes doing what athletes do. Play your gay, I don't want to hear about your opinions. Same thing with Hollywood and with singers and the like. Do what you do. We're not here for your politics, We're here for your mastery. In X, Y and Z, the church is the same way. They're going to get back to a pope who's more turned inward. It's going to be somebody who is going to be focused on the church and not somebody who's going to provide off the cuff remarks that serve as a distraction. In my opinion, I think that's what they're going to do. The pendulum is going to swing the other way.
Speaker 2: The whole list of the I think they've referred to it as the Papa Billy, the potential popes that are out there, these cardinals that have been.
Speaker 1: The fun word what papability like possibility, but propability, propability.
Speaker 2: And like you said, they're from all over the place. Stockholm, Me and mar a couple from France, one of them from the Democratic Republic of Congo, Manila, Philippines, Vatican City.
Speaker 1: Even the logistics are this within twenty days a conclave. Remarkable, isn't it that this is the time when Jesus is right in the pope dying right Easter, and.
Speaker 3: It's just very odd, it's not our timing.
Speaker 1: Within twenty days of the pope's death, a conclave of one hundred and twenty cardinals out of the one hundred and thirty eight princes of the church.
Speaker 3: Who's left out?
Speaker 1: Well, people older than eighty, right, if you're over then eighty you do not get a vote. So that's one hundred and twenty out of the one hundred and thirty eight. They go together to the Vatican. Who gets that catering contract? That's what I think they do. I think they have in house. They do. They have their own kitchen at the Vatican.
Speaker 3: Pretty good.
Speaker 1: But what if they want to order out, what if they want to door dash those meetings? Guarantee U Chef Bruno would be on that list. Oh good call. Four daily ballots are held until a successor is picked as opposed to a successor.
Speaker 3: Right, someone who's bringing someone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone has ourt time with the distinction there and that person is missing.
Speaker 2: And while they're doing the voting, that's where the smoke comes in. He Yeah, after thirty ballots.
Speaker 1: The the top two candidates will be the only ones allowed, and whoever gets a two thirds majority will become the next pope. There's a lot of jockeying that goes on, so we'll see. You mentioned some of the top candidates which we went down the list. By the way, the lat when he was in the hospital in grave condition. I believe he was in grave condition. Those were there. There are words otherwise we wouldn't have gone through. The six men that are talked about. There's a cardinal out of the Philippines, one out of Ukraine's. They're everywhere everywhere. I have got a favorite. I got to remember who my favorite is.
Speaker 3: You're gonna put odds on it right now.
Speaker 1: Is somebody is. I don't know enough. This is going to shock you. I don't know enough about the Catholic Church to set the odds on the next pope.
Speaker 2: Your suggestion, though, about an African pope or a progressive pope.
Speaker 3: I think you make a good point. They're done with that. They're going to go back.
Speaker 2: This pendulum is going to swing back much more to the center of popes.
Speaker 1: I'll throw in this wrench. One of the names being thrown out there is Cardinal Pietro Peroline seventy. He's Italian, he is conservative, but he's also back to the relationship between the Church and China. Interesting, big proponent of that, largely considered a favorite because of the way he thinks about global religion and his diplomatic experience.
Speaker 2: In that realm, we will I mean, there's not a lot of new stuff coming out of the Vatican, obviously because the event itself has now taken place, but there are preparations that are being made within four to six days is usually when they schedule the funerals.
Speaker 3: So if we hear from the Vatican, we'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: A full blown melt down at the Pentagon.
Speaker 2: Don't know what's going on, do not know what's going on, And the arrogance and the arrogance of certainty, perhaps is what bothers me the most about what's going on at the Pentagon.
Speaker 1: That's what bothers me in a lot of areas, the arrogance of certainty.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Did you have access to a printer that one right there?
Speaker 4: You do?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, do you know I'm going to send you something. If you could print it out, I'd appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I'll find a way.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: International story, of course, is that Pope Francis has died at the age of eighty eight. The Vatican made the announcement this morning. It's technically ten to thirty last night our time, but they wrote in a statement the Bishop of Rome Francis had returned to the home of the Father. His entire life was dedicated to the service of the Lord and of his church. He died just a day after I met with Vice President JD.
Speaker 3: Vance.
Speaker 2: They had an awkward exchange at the Vatican on Sunday. Francis was not happy about the Trump administration's treatment of migrants, and it came just a day after Vance. It looked like the big headline of the weekend was it looked like Vance was going to be snubbed by the Pope and in fact was forced to meet with a Secretary of State there at the Vatican. But the Pope did meet the Vice President just yesterday. Jad Vance and his wife and kids are arriving in New Delhi today. I don't know if you've seen the those are listen. You may not like JD.
Speaker 3: Vance. I don't care.
Speaker 2: The kit pictures of his kids getting off of helicopters and Air Force two are very endearing because they're plopping around in their pajamas with headphones on are like earmuffs on to protect their hearing from the Tarmaccient.
Speaker 1: Young kid, very sweet, very sweet young family. Absolutely did you hear about the new celebrity romance that became Instagram official over the weekend? I know you stay on top of all of the celebrity romance stories. You love love, You just love love, I believe are your words. I just love love.
Speaker 3: I don't think I know.
Speaker 1: Elizabeth Hurley and Billy Ray Cyrus. Yes, yes, I knew that would be on your radar.
Speaker 3: I knew it more because of him than her.
Speaker 2: I mean I follow him pretty pretty religiously on on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when out of nowhere, you started talking about princess or No, she's not a princess Megan Merkle Markle duchess. Yeah, and you you were doing it unironically, like you were just mentioning something for like ninety five seconds about her new line of like candles.
Speaker 3: And stuff with candles and jams, and.
Speaker 1: You said it without any irony. You were presenting it like it was a real news item that you have thought that people should consider and know about. And that still blows me away. I thought about it over the weekend. I thought about remember that funny time when Gary talked about Megan Markle seriously for a while, for at least a couple minutes. Remember that funny time. Well, it wouldn't have that long, but you over that. It wouldn't have gone on that long except you didn't stop me. I was kind of expecting you to stop it down pretty quickly, and you never have. I just let you finish that, you know, because I don't know what you're going through over there.
Speaker 3: She had ducks on her property yesterday.
Speaker 1: I don't so I don't care, but you do, and I'm here for you.
Speaker 2: There are new reports that Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth is dropping detailed battle information about forthcoming strikes in Yemen in another another private signal group chat that include such military luminaries as his wife, his brother, and his personal attorney.
Speaker 1: Now his attorney and brother I think work at the Defense Department, don't they?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think they do. I don't know why his attorney would, but I think his brother definitely works in the Defense Department. That's neither here nor there. The wife certainly doesn't. They both have jobs at the Pentagon yet. Okay, it's not classified information, but the optics are awful. There's a former top Pentagon spokesman who resigned last week and he says that it is a full blown meltdown at the capital at the Pentagon, that his leadership, Pete haig Seth's leadership at the Department of the Defense has been chaotic.
Speaker 2: Now that guy who has resigned, there are other versions of it where the Pentagon officials told him you're out, so you better resign before it gets out that you're fired. He's one of four people, I think, and three of them are within Pete hag Seth's inner circle.
Speaker 1: There you're in family court at this point. You can't believe one side or the other. You know, this guy says it's been a month of chaos at the Pentagon following the leaks of the operational plans to massive firings. The dysfunction now a major distraction for the president. But like you said, this was a guy being forced out so take it with a grain of salt.
Speaker 3: Here's what Pete haig Seth said, What a.
Speaker 1: Big surprise that a bunch of a few leaders get fired.
Speaker 6: And suddenly a bunch of hit pieces come out.
Speaker 5: From the same media that pedaled the Russia hopes won't get back to Pulitzers.
Speaker 3: They got Pultzers for a bunch of lies.
Speaker 2: Okay, he goes on and on and on. It doesn't just say yeah, I'm not doing that again. See had some sort of mariachis that was this morning at the White House Eastern egg roll. Okay, just come out and say, listen, I'm not going to do that anymore. I first of all, it wasn't classified information. These people may not have necessarily needed to know the information that I put out there, so.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to do that again.
Speaker 1: All you have to say is unclassified, and I deleted the app and be tune with it.
Speaker 2: But instead you got to keep going, well that guy I did that. Yeah, they said the thing, and then it's part of the problem.
Speaker 1: It's part of the way that the administration handles things. Though there's a lot of finger pointing. I'm speaking of finger pointing. The president is pointing a finger at Jerome Powell, and Wall Street is responding, and it's really bad. He went on social media. Truth social the president did to call Jerome Powell a complete loser. And now the Dow's down of like a thousand points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said, the economy could be slowing unless mister too late, he calls him mister too late, a major loser, lowers interest rates.
Speaker 3: Now they do not like that, they.
Speaker 2: Being whoever they are that buy the stocks and the bonds, and the dows down nine hundred and eighty three points, it's about two and a half percent. S and P five hundred Nasdak are in that same boat, down about two and a half two point eight percent. So and nobody can get in this guy's ear and just say, hey, cool it on the whole fed chair thing.
Speaker 3: You're not going to force them out, and.
Speaker 2: You're only gonna You're only gonna royal the mar markets even more.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you didn't fall into the latest Netflix trap for females, you are a stronger woman than I for females, because I fell into the Ransom Canyon trap. Yesterday and man, did I felt what? Yeah? I fell and it's awful. And you know it's awful, every single moment of the four episodes you plowed through in one sitting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know. My wife fell down that well too, of course she did.
Speaker 1: It's what we do. It feels good, though, there feels the lighting. It's the lighting, it's the set in where I think this one's filmed in New Mexico. Uh, it's it's all of those things. It makes it feel. It's very country. You're out on a farm, so you're feeling good.
Speaker 3: Familiar faces, right.
Speaker 1: Old familiar faces in Lila Garret and Josh Dumal, who she's my age, but she looks twenty two, so she looks wildly too young for Josh.
Speaker 3: Josh Duamal, who's probably mid forty fifty.
Speaker 1: Two, he's fifty meat, he's me uh huh, but all he looks a lot older than you do.
Speaker 3: No, he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Not he does in this show, in my opinion, because.
Speaker 3: They gray him up, don't they.
Speaker 1: They do? But I love the gray. I just think he's I don't know if I love the gray hair on him. Actually, I don't know.
Speaker 3: He's great.
Speaker 1: Everything's wonderful. I don't need to be a hater.
Speaker 2: Later in the show, we're going to get some more details about what goes on now at the Vatican after the death of Pope Francis yesterday at the age sorry, this morning, at the age of eighty eight. Bells have told around the world to announce the death. President Trump, just a short time before the show started, announced that he had signed the executive order that declares that all federal and state flags around the United States and American properties around the world will fly it has to in honor of the Pope.
Speaker 1: Stalks down sharply on Wall Street as Trump continues to go after Fed Reserve Chair Jerome Powell. The daw was down one thousand, what's it more than a four than one thousand now? Nasdaq down five six and the S and P five hundred down about one hundred and fifty, calling him, as we mentioned, a major loser on his social media platform today. Also, tariff concerns continue to bubble up above the surface.
Speaker 3: Shall we say well?
Speaker 2: Americans spent an estimated seventy one point seven billion dollars on GLP ones including ozempic and wagovi in twenty twenty three. That's two years ago. That's before everybody started talking about them. I can't imagine what that number is going to be for twenty twenty five, but that would be a five hundred percent increase from their spending on those drugs from twenty eighteen for five years before that.
Speaker 1: They're working. Now, what kind of I don't mean to be a spoil sport go on, but what kind of stress are you putting your body through?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is it more than you're doing with the way that you used to eat? Is it more stress we're putting on our bodies by stressing out about weight. I don't know. I don't know. All I know is how long have these been circulating?
Speaker 3: Well, I've been around for years.
Speaker 1: Make no mistake about it. If this was available and I had an issue in this department, I would one hundred percent probably do the thing. But I do still have a concern about could you be on it forever? I mean, does it change your lifestyle enough to where you can stop taking this and continue on with your healthy lifestyle and still have the same results.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's enough. I don't know if there's enough evidence to say yes or no. I mean, it's just they've been around for a long time. But I don't know if they've been around for the length of time that we would need to make decisions like that.
Speaker 1: But the money, I mean, you knew the money was going to be big, but this is bigger than I even thought.
Speaker 2: There are different kinds in this kind of in this space, there are different kinds. You've got the semiglutides, which would be ozembic, rabelsis and Wagovi. You've got Munjaro, which is tirzeppetide. Okay, but those two groups make up about seventy one percent of all GLP one spending. There's some other brands that kind of get mixed in there. Then there are organizations that will mix brands together and sell those to you as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm fascinated by is the behind the scenes story of big pharma having a major player role in Washington and processed foods having a major player role in Washington. And if you have friends that do this, you know that they are not snacking. They're not doing the processed food snacking not nearly as much. And holy hell, the behind the scenes war must be something to behold. I'll watch that movie when it comes out of the processed foods people versus big pharma. I mean, because it's basically the tobacco industry versus big pharma.
Speaker 2: I And how do we determine where where do we wait five years, ten years to see how this pans out? Or is it even going to take that long? I think people are be a giant reckoning between these two.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. I don't know. I mean, either some long term side effects rear their ugly head, or they become punitively expensive. I don't know who wins. I don't know whoever has the power. From time to time, the.
Speaker 2: Fig is with people buying more and then producing more and more of them. I think the price goes down. You know, you're going to find there was a plan for even Medicare to pay for.
Speaker 1: These well, and that's what I'm wondering, is the healthcare industry and the toll that it takes on that. Are we going to see fewer visits to the hospital because people don't have as many issues when they're not going through obesity.
Speaker 3: Sure, that's wonderful.
Speaker 1: I mean, if we can unburden the healthcare system with the use of GLP ones, and they're safe.
Speaker 2: Hell yes, and move that target away from like Okay, you're forty and you're carrying fifty or eighty extra pounds. Move the target back to like, Okay, you're ten and you're making or your parents probably are making poor dietary choices for you. So we got to get you on the right track, so thirty years down the road, you don't put yourself at risk.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's exactly what it is. Maybe they're working hand in hand. Processed food companies load you up at ten years old, and then they shake hands with the GLP one companies and say, Okay, you'll be needed in about ten years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, if you can't catch you to smoke at fifteen, we could hook you on the ding dongs in the house.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and then we'll introduce you to our sister GLP ones in ten years. Everyone gets money out of this. The Kevin da Leone story doesn't go away. This guy, Oh what a freaking sleezbag. I mean, the evidence is so substantial. The red flags on this guy are flying high, and they're all over the city and no one does anything about it.
Speaker 2: Why is he still allowed to have a job. Gary and Shannon will continue right after this. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap