Speaker 1: You're listening to KPI AM six forty the Bill Handle Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're concerned.
Speaker 1: It was like E coli and all kinds of crazy ass diseases.
Speaker 2: It's the same river, it's a toilet.
Speaker 1: And yesterday you missed, as I was trying to analyze it, that it's not the triathlon, it's the quad athlon because they have a diarrhea event right afterwards, and Mexico is considered the favorite to win.
Speaker 3: That let poo poo, Yes, and now handle on the news, Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle, all.
Speaker 1: Right, as Thursday morning, Augustus, the first one. Everybody, Bill Handle, and we start another three four three hours of for volity, Amy King, having started already an hour ago.
Speaker 2: Oh, good morning, anymy.
Speaker 4: Good morning? And it was frivolous, was it?
Speaker 2: That's good?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You're two things. You're all in black today.
Speaker 1: Either you're going to uh a funeral because you don't have the pearls, you know, because pearls go with everything, you know.
Speaker 4: I don't have pearls.
Speaker 2: I don't. Does anybody have pearls anymore? I do? I'm sure you do. Pearls wisdom, Yes, I was about to go there too. You do, yes, the anniversary, Amy King than you. How so it's one year of wake up call? Oh really, Well that's kind of neat all right, and.
Speaker 5: We had all kinds of technical problems this morning to celebrate.
Speaker 1: Usual, right, how unusual? Cono's iPad so I can see him. Well, that's out, uh, con O, good morning, good morning, And I do watch the Bachelorette and the guys.
Speaker 4: A lot of the guys were pearls.
Speaker 2: Of course they do. Yeah, of course the pearls. Yeah, of course with guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, So, uh, Connor, I'm assuming we put in a help ticket or something for a new iPad, right.
Speaker 2: Help ticket and email, a conversation in person, all of the things. I'm sure they gave you an e t a of what two months.
Speaker 4: They I can't remember who they said was on it.
Speaker 2: I think I don't know his name. Sorry, Okay, okay, fair enough?
Speaker 1: Uh Neil, good morning, Good morning, Willie Wolf yes, uh and uh.
Speaker 2: And good morning, good morning. Okay. So we've got the whole crowd here.
Speaker 1: Amy just announced some big, big news which no doubt will be talked on the news for the rest of the morning. Paul Wheeling and Gerzkovich have been released.
Speaker 2: What's It's it? Alan Gerkovich?
Speaker 4: No, it's Evan Gerskovich and Paul.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I know Paul Whalen. I just pronounced that name. How unusual, Paul Whalen.
Speaker 1: Uh and uh uh Evan, Yes, there you go. Can you imagine I just I literally forgot that ten seconds after being told it. What does that tell.
Speaker 2: You now, part goldfish? Yeah, that's true. That's a very good point. Squirrel, squirrel, squirrel. It's the only thing.
Speaker 1: As people think that, you know, maybe as I'm moving into my latter years, i am somehow forgetting more.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I have not changed forty years forty years ago. You see exactly the same person here, Neil.
Speaker 6: You've known me for oh I've known you for thirty of those any difference you No, it's sad, really it really is. Yeah, strange but sad and.
Speaker 1: Still have it, you know, I balance issues, you know, still have the same balance issues. The other day, I was sitting down on a stoop in my garage, literally in I just one step into the garage. I was sitting down on the stoop tying my shoelaces and I fell over, and I am not exactly I actually did fall over.
Speaker 2: How the hell do you fall over sitting down? It's the weirdest thing with you.
Speaker 6: We will be walking down a sidewalk completely flat, and you will act as if somebody like you're living in a snow globe and somebody just picked it up and show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it's true. And that's why I'm scared to death if I ever am forced to do a sobriety test walk the line.
Speaker 2: I'm done. I'm done. You know, never happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got a lot to talk about today. That's the good news. We have some Olympic news to talk about. Lo Kelly and Joe Larsgard here the last hour. New CDC rules about your dog come into effect today if you want to fly with your dog.
Speaker 2: And so it's a big, big show.
Speaker 1: And also today my next podcast drops, and that's at nine o'clock right after the show, The Bill Handles Show podca cast now available on Spotify, iHeartRadio app, all the places, all the platforms. So it's the Bill Handle Bill Handle Show podcast. And today I'm having some fun stuff with the Olympics. Things about the Olympics. You probably don't know, sort of the not the hidden part, but the stuff that doesn't get reported on Olympics, just fun, fun stuff about the Olympics, like the diarrhea bowl in the scene yesterday with the swimmers, although that was reported, you could actually see them by the way.
Speaker 5: We talked to ansde lak Kata about that yesterday and I said, did anybody get sick? And she said, we don't think so, but there was one guy who got out of the water and promptly threw up. If they think because it's also ninety seven degrees and they're going one hundred miles and that kind of stuff. Show She said it was probably a coincidence, but it was kind of interesting because that happened on live TV.
Speaker 1: It's very special, very special. Yeah. Hell, and I just don't understand how they do it. All right, guys, let's do it.
Speaker 2: It's time for Handle on the News with Amy and Neil and me lead story.
Speaker 1: Okay, yesterday, Donald Trump, first of all, to his credit, appearing in front of the Black women Journalists that organization because you know, and he knew this was not going to be a friendly crowd, and he still went there and it was not a friendly crowd, and I don't know why he did this, but he said that Kamala Harris had misled voters about her race, that she was that Indian, which she is partially Indian, and that until he wouldn't tell you a time, then she became black, pitching herself as a black candidate.
Speaker 2: And the problem is that's just not true.
Speaker 1: She has been identifying herself as black since her college days. Even before that. She was at a black university, shows at Howard, she was at a black sorority. When she was in the Senate, she was part of the Black Congressional Caucus. So I think she's identified herself far more as an African American, that is an Indian. Her dad is Jamaican, her mom is Indian. You know what we was shocked about is because her dad.
Speaker 2: Is Jamaican and born in Jamaica.
Speaker 1: Why are we not hearing that she is not an American citizen and was actually and her birth certificate is false like we did with Obama.
Speaker 4: Because she was born here.
Speaker 5: Oh so is Obama, but there was question about it whether he was actually born on US soil.
Speaker 2: Right Hawaii. I know that's a tough one.
Speaker 4: Well, but that's what the argument was for questioning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there was no argument. The point is it was just a complete falsehood.
Speaker 2: So what I'm saying is, why isn't this being brought up now?
Speaker 1: It's yeah, I don't know how far it's it's going to go, because starting with this one, it just made no sense.
Speaker 2: Politically for Trump to go there. I mean, just makes no sense.
Speaker 6: I will tell you aft wax as a halfy myself. You get that crap all the time, like you, Oh, you do it when it's convenient, or you're Mexican now, or you're white, or you're whatever.
Speaker 2: But if okay, and I understand that, you're going to get that a d is what he's being.
Speaker 6: I can't believe he really thinks that she switched that because I've never known her as anything else.
Speaker 1: I know, bet she's never identified herself as anything else. But what I'm saying is as a political move, it's just pure dumb. You can bet that his advisors were going, oh no, he couldn't have said that, Oh no, please please no.
Speaker 6: Do you think they do that still or do they just go, oh boy? I bet that I think they're betting on what he's going to say.
Speaker 2: No, because they don't know what he's going to say. He doesn't know what he's going to say.
Speaker 1: I mean, he just this is the guy who's hard to control by his advisors. He just does not pay attention. I mean Biden, granted his advisors have to repeat it twelve to fifteen times, but he listens.
Speaker 2: To what his advisors say, or did listen.
Speaker 1: And I'm assuming Kamala Harris, she's much better off following the script than she is spontaneous having spontaneous thoughts.
Speaker 2: You know, it was excellent.
Speaker 1: Obama is superb at off the cuff stuff. Probably the best president we've ever had, who was absolutely terrific off the cuff with JFK. I don't know if you've seen his stuff. I mean, the guy was so quick, came back so quickly.
Speaker 2: Bill Clinton was pretty good doing that. So I don't know. First of all, it's crazy. I mean, it just makes no sense.
Speaker 1: And this may turn around the Black vote or be part of turning around the Black vote. One of the things got Biden in a lot of trouble is that there was I think six seven percent of the Blacks that voted for Obama. We're switching over and supporting Trump. For financial reasons for the most part, and he may get Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: May get a lot of those back.
Speaker 1: Obama got I think ninety three percent of the black vote and they came out and droves, and that put him obviously a pretty significant win. So we'll see, We'll see what happens on this one. This was not a good move at least I don't think so.
Speaker 6: She has always been black, but she's most recently been Southern.
Speaker 5: She did develop a Southern accent during a rally.
Speaker 4: That was weird.
Speaker 5: That was like a Hillary Clinton thing. I by no ways gone been tired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's you know, it's what the.
Speaker 1: Everybody is going for any advantage they can get their hands on anyone, and.
Speaker 2: It's it's just fun. It's great stuff. Okay.
Speaker 5: Kamala says America deserves better. Vice President Harris says American people deserve better than former President Donald Trump, who, as Bill was just talking to you about, accused Harris of turning black for political points. She said during a rally yesterday, it was the same old show, the divisiveness and the disrespect.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: As I said earlier, I don't think that was the best move by Donald Trump. I don't think he got any more excitement about his base. And there may be one or two African Americans out there that are a little bit pissed at that.
Speaker 6: Neil, all right, this is a weird story, but it makes sense. I suppose a human trafficking sting was conducted during the San Diego Comic Con and they recovered ten victims. They arrested fourteen individuals. But I guess this isn't so much about the comic Con as it is conventions themselves. So it took place July twenty fifth through the twenty seventh, led by California two any General Rob Bonta, and they use the San Diego Human Trafficking Task Force. They targeted sex traffickers, buyers, and they use the San Diego Comic Con convention to seek out potential victims.
Speaker 1: Well, when you think about it, this is a convention of what one hundred and thirty thousand people that come from all over the world, and it's I'm assuming illicit sex is certainly part of any convention, and so that's I'm kind of it's interesting me that it's comic Con where a lot of this, if you would think would be more well it's a male oriented shows instead of like teenagers kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Or young people. But maybe I'm wrong about comic.
Speaker 1: Con that it's no longer applying. Oh for okay, the construction industry. Okay, you've got let's say, the concrete manufacturers and people like no. No. What I'm saying is you have those, they're more likely to hire hookers.
Speaker 2: Hookers do a better tried. I see, Yeah, do you have anybody dressed and peek at you? Well? Is that you know?
Speaker 1: And you know you know that? How many of those hookers running around dressed as wonder woman?
Speaker 6: It's yeah, yeah, well, sad story all around.
Speaker 2: But I'm surprised.
Speaker 1: I know I added too, but I'm surprised that Comic Con is where so much of this is happening. I'm that I'm surprised at not other conventions.
Speaker 5: Not there yet, but getting closer. The Federal Reserve gave an important clue yesterday that it will likely cut its benchmark lending rate in the few next few months. FED chair Jerome Powell talked up inflation's recent progressed and said the second quarter's inflation readings have added to our confidence, and more good data would further strengthen that confidence which they're reading the tea leaves and sand. That appears to mean that we're not getting an interest rate cut right now.
Speaker 4: But in September.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at seven p fifty, I'm going to do a story about who's getting nailed on inflation and who isn't, but sort of a different spin on it as to way I am, I am, you know what and you may not. And this is my point, Amy is all the extra prices, the increase in prices, everything that's sort of done. Inflation is now down to three percent, and the Fed's going to even lower interest rates once more, probably before the end of the year.
Speaker 2: So inflation at this point really isn't inflation. It's done.
Speaker 1: However, the fact that prices are twenty percent higher, that's baked in.
Speaker 2: And so I go.
Speaker 1: To does it really matter that you go to a restaurant and prices are as astronomical now and they're the same next month, and they're the same the month after that, and they're the same the month after that.
Speaker 2: Do you pay attention to that time? Will?
Speaker 1: I mean, over the course of time you sort of forget, but it takes time.
Speaker 6: And you're talking about luxuries, the food prices in a grocery store are up almost thirty percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's a little more, I understand, and you're right, but not the last couple of months.
Speaker 2: No, they're actually going down.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is the prices that increase is baked into our thinking.
Speaker 5: Right, So my salary cut is basically baked in, and it's not My paycheck didn't go down, but everything costs more.
Speaker 4: So it's like I make twenty percent less.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and that's for all of us.
Speaker 1: But the point I'm making is the political fallout on this.
Speaker 2: This is what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: The accusation of the Republicans are saying inflation is still insane. It's not, but it's baked in, so it's believable and we feel it.
Speaker 2: And that's what I think is going to hurt Harris a lot. Not the border.
Speaker 1: Oh that's going to hurt Harris too. And the fact she's not black is going to hurt her a lot, all right.
Speaker 6: Iran has threatened harsh punishment for Israel. They say that was responsible, Israel was responsible for assassinating Amas leader just yesterday, and Israel has not commented directly on the strike which killed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is you wonder what Natanya who is doing.
Speaker 1: So he kills the guy in Beirute, right, one of the KAMAS leaders, and then he takes out Hamas leader in Tehran who's visiting, and Tehran comes back and the Ayatola says, we are now going to directly attack Israel, and we're even closer and closer to a regional war, full out war.
Speaker 2: And I mean, think about this.
Speaker 1: The guy who they took out in Tehran was the negotiator for on behalf of Kamas and they take him out, peace.
Speaker 2: Talks gone gone.
Speaker 1: And so it's it's a mess, and in the hostage families are not very happy about it because clearly, I think this points one hundred percent Nitagna, who cares more about staying in power and prolonging or increasing the war than.
Speaker 2: He does about what's good for the country. I believe that.
Speaker 5: Karen Bath is going back and forth to the Olympics. She went over to Paris for opening ceremonies, was part of the delegation with First Lady Jill Biden, Senator Alex Paedia and others, and she's back at La now and then is planning to go back to LA or to LA back to Paris next week and she'll be participating in the closing ceremonies and that's where she will officially be handed the Olympic flag. Yeah, and we'll bring it back to LA because of course we are hosting the next Summer Games in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's official, by the way, that's an official ceremony where the next city mayor where the next games are going to be takes the Olympic flag and then comes back and does whatever the hell she does with it.
Speaker 2: Two questions.
Speaker 1: Number one, Well, I want to note something that if you have, you noticed that as she is going over there, she's pretending to be black, and we really don't know if she is or not. By the way, that is a little political commentary that I just wanted to share with everybody the yeah, because we really know she's only started being black a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Before that, she wasn't very subtle, I know, thank you. And also my question is does LA pay for her going the first time around the second time around?
Speaker 1: I can see it, but I would think the International Olympic Committee would the IOC would be paying for her to fly over there and bring the flag back.
Speaker 2: But are we paying for the first go round? You know? Not bad nice junket, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Why wouldn't we pay for her to be a representative of Los Angeles?
Speaker 2: They're going to be Okay.
Speaker 1: I just don't like it, you know, I just don't like my taxpayer money doing like that and paying for very expensive French fair. She's not eating in the Olympic village, believe me, in her hotel room. She's not saying at staying at their version of Motel six.
Speaker 2: Now that's all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe Jill Biden's paying for it.
Speaker 2: Jill Biden personally is paying for it. Maybe they don't have that much money. They don't have that much money.
Speaker 5: I think it makes sense though, if we're hosting the Olympics.
Speaker 2: I'm not arguing that. I'm not arguing that, and I'll buy that.
Speaker 1: And then the other question is does she fly business class or does she go coach?
Speaker 4: That's a good Oh. Did she did she fly on Air Force too? She flew over with Jill.
Speaker 1: She probably flew I'm guessing that she flew on yeah, Air Force two. I would guess, although the vice president when the president's wife travels an official capacity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an air force plane. Okay.
Speaker 6: Does it have to land in the Seine uh land.
Speaker 2: In the Sen River if it is number two? Oh? Yeah, okay, yeah, I'm fine. All right? Oh A poop.
Speaker 6: Joke is beneath you. I get it, all right, set that standard handle. The US has reached a plea deal. I don't know how you do that with alleged nine to eleven mastermind to lead Shake Mohammed and two other defendants. You're looking at crimes like conspiracy, murder, in violation of law of war, attacking civilians, and intentionally causing serious bodily injury.
Speaker 2: No, he killed twenty nine hundred people, is what he did.
Speaker 1: He killed twenty nine hundred Americans, and the families are going berserk that he actually.
Speaker 6: Kind of deal.
Speaker 2: What kind of plea deal do you? I'll tell you exactly. Is a death penalty is off the table. That's it.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 2: They were going to go for the death.
Speaker 1: Penalty, and they two things they didn't want to go through the trial. And of what I think, and it's not in the story, is that during the course of a trial, unless it's a secret trial.
Speaker 2: And I have no idea if that would work.
Speaker 1: Parts of it would of course be some kind of secure security issues, but using that as a platform for his crazy ass terrorists beliefs, and that's covered, and that is covered, so I can see that. And then the death penalty issue is a very very big issue because it takes a lot, and they're automatic appeals and it takes years and years. Here, they just locked the door and put them away. Took eleven years to get to this point. He's a gitmo and they haven't even started to deal with him. And so as long as he's in solitary, I'm fine with that. Frankly, I'm fine with that. Lock him up, let him sit in the cell for twenty three and a half hours a day, and serve him bad Olympic food, all right, Sigabre. It did have to do with the death penalty, by the way, that was it taking that off the table, Neil.
Speaker 2: And you're right, I mean that's pretty offensive.
Speaker 1: Twenty nine hundred people or twenty nine hundred change Americans, Okay, a.
Speaker 5: Lot of people with student debt are probably watching their inboxes. The Department of Education is sending out emails to people who have student debt and laying out options for how about twenty five million of them could have some or all of their debt canceled starting this fall. The proposed rule has been in the works as a sort of Plan B since President Biden's first effort to cancel the debt for forty three million people was overturned by the Supreme Court this summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had to do with overstepping his authority. Not that they were inherently against student debt being forgiven. And there's a whole issue there, and how much is it going to cost the taxpayers? Just insane amounts of money at others. At the same time, student debt is so astronomical that people we'll never be able to get out of it.
Speaker 2: So you figure out, okay, U s news. Oh you're going to love this bill.
Speaker 6: The University of California admitted the largest and most diverse class of undergraduates for fault twenty twenty four more California folks in the low income category, first generation, and underrepresented students.
Speaker 2: Of color are in that class. Nothing. I'm fine with that.
Speaker 1: Now, give some more people a chance to enter into the higher reach of economic success a degree coming out of Berkeley. I don't care where you're coming from. I don't care how poor you are. That's a good thing to have.
Speaker 2: What in Patuli oil? In anything Berkeley? In anything? Oh Berkeley? Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: It's one of the top universities in the United States.
Speaker 2: If not, the world was crazy. It was a joke.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it. I'm sorry, all right, I completely missed it.
Speaker 5: A teenage boy's been charged with murder after three young girls were killed in the stabbing attack in England at a dance class. The six and seven and nine year old girls were stabbed to death at a Taylor Swift themed class in the town of Southport. Eight other kids were stabbed in the attack. Five of them are in critical condition. And again, a seventeen year old boys charged with murder.
Speaker 1: This is a real unusual and this is a kid. Okay, as far as they're concerned, you're still talking to juvenile. So I don't know what they do in England with juveniles who commit hangus crimes. But here juveniles are juveniles and they have very strict knife control in England. You know, try buying a pairy knife someplace over there. It's very difficult.
Speaker 2: Just move on.
Speaker 1: It's a gun control joke, okay, because all of our deaths are with guns here, can't hear you?
Speaker 2: Neil?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Neil is sorry about that. Guys, Is this and this is not a joke? Is this a mass stabbing?
Speaker 2: Yes, because they would be a mass stabbing. Yeah, of course it would, but they don't say so.
Speaker 6: I'm sure the parents cared how their kids died.
Speaker 1: I'm sure this is just it's it's just railing or really the people they know really on this one, because this is so horrific and it is so unusual. You don't usually see seventeen year old going into a party, a dance party and just starting to cut up and kill five six seven year olds.
Speaker 6: You know, we keep finding new ways to get cancer or get it younger. At least rates of seventeen. Cancers have been on the rise among each generation since Baby boomers. So now it's Gen xers and millennials that are in line and below the age of fifty. More and more we're seeing this, and you're looking at colorectal cancer and small intestine pancreatic kidney for women, liver cancer incidents have increased two to threefold since nineteen twenty.
Speaker 2: So and do me a favor.
Speaker 1: Send this off to Jim Kiney because I want him to comment on this next week and he'll come in out. He'll tell us a little bit of what the studies say, because this is an interesting way to say the least cancer is increasing.
Speaker 5: Well, somebody must not like license plates. The US Secret Service protective detail for Vice President Harris's stepdaughter La M Hoff was involved in a little incident in New York City on Tuesday afternoon. Someone went up to two of the Secret Service vehicles that were parked in Lower Manhattan and, as a spokesperson said, without provocation, caused damage to the rear license plate area of both vehicles.
Speaker 4: Okay, he was detained.
Speaker 2: Makes sense.
Speaker 6: Millions of sports fans, concert goers in the lacquer being duped, and I hate these types of schemes. Stub Hub hides the true cost of ticketing. They call this drip pricing. So you go through all these different stages and then at you know, in a little ti, a little bit here, a little bit there, and then at the very end you see the price and.
Speaker 2: It's way different than what the original price is.
Speaker 6: Lawson, They're looking at one hundred and eighteen million dollars in these hidden fee fees that you know give them that revenue, and you know it says one thing, and then all of a sudden, you know you're double triple right.
Speaker 2: So now you have the General Washington d C.
Speaker 1: Filing a straight out lawsuit right for fraud, basically misrepresentation.
Speaker 2: And this is what stub hub comes back with. Here's a statement.
Speaker 1: The company is committed to creating a transparent, secure, and competitive marketplace to benefit consumers. We are disappointed that the Attorney General is targeting stub Hub, where our user experience is consistent with the law, our competitors practices, and the broad east commerce sector. We strongly support federal and state solutions that enhance existing laws to empower consumers, such as requiring all in one pricing uniformly across platforms. Wait a minute, aren't they being accused of doing exactly the opposite of that, yet they say they're in.
Speaker 2: Favor of that.
Speaker 1: Your safety is our biggest concern, even if planes are falling out of the sky. They're saying that before the plane hits the ground. All right, we're done, guys, KFIAM six forty live wear on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show, Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app