Speaker 1: Well, we have a good show today. Of course, we always have a good show, right, I mean, you're not sitting here listening if we weren't producing good material. And I hope you do enjoy Earth Ancients. And I had to say, if you've been following us on social media, we have a great new discovery in the Mediterranean Ocean and this is a place called Telfilos, and we're going to talk a great deal about underwater discoveries. What makes today's program a perfect fit for Earth Ancients and our theme, our theme is unknown ancient civilizations and the fact that our history is not really accurate. It's it's a very very interact inaccurate. Really, it is inaccurate at all. And you can't talk to archaeologists about that. You can't say to them, you know, look, your research is not valid, so forth and so on, because look, thousands and thousands of archaeologists and anthropologists have done a good job of giving us a sense of history according to their view of it. But what is hard for me and many of the guests we have here on the on the on the podcast is the fact that academia only goes so far. They will not consider advanced civilizations before Sumeria, before Dynastic Egyptians, before certain civilizations around the world, and people like Graham Hancock, Robert Temple, Michael Kremo, and the list goes on and on and on provided us with a consideration for extremely to And we have Michael Krima on the program and he's pulling up artifacts that are millions of years old, sophisticated silverware, pots, jewelry, dolls and figurines, and in fact, it goes beyond that, it goes into the physical remains of human humans. And there's many, many examples of Homo sapiens sapiens being found in very very deep layers of sediment that are dated to over a million years. Well, if you bring that up to current archaeologists and geologists, they think it's a scam or it's an anomaly. Well, I don't believe that's true. I've had a problem with our history books for symptoms a kids. Really, Hey, this is Cliff, You're host of Earth Ancients. And today's program is very very fun because it deals with Homer's Odyssey. And Homer was a Greek poet who wrote a couple of different poems. We were they're called poems during his time, but they're more like stories that are based on myths and local legends and stories. But many of these myths are actual places and people, and we don't know exactly how Homer collected his material. We do know that he lived around seven hundred BC, which is a hell of a long time ago, and that we transpot. We translated the original writings from Latin into English so we could understand it. And in this most famous story, the Odyssey Odysseus, the main figure travels to different parts of the Mediterranean and we think Africa, and he finds Tel Filos, and it's a story with the island. It's a place where there's giants and there are a lot of problems. The giants are cannibal, so they eat part of his crew, so forth and so on, and so we know it as a story, but it turns out it is actually there, and it's under a couple hundred feet of water between Sicily and Malta in the Mediterranean Ocean. Now, my guest today is going to get into some very very good detail, including photographs and scans that you can see on Facebook. Go to Facebook, go to Earth Ancients. I'm also going to post the scientific paper that he wrote that has great, great, great details and graphs and scans and images that validate his discovery. And this is an important not only because this shows that are our ancestors were not necessarily lying about these stories or they're not necessarily they're not just necessarily fables, they're actual places. And we also know this because in India there's a place called Dwarka Krishna's home that's about twelve hundred feet underwater that has also dated around twelve thousand years ago. Now we can go further than that. Recently on the program, we had a lost city off of New Orleans, Louisiana in the Americas, known as Crescentis, and we've got scans of that and nobody in the archaeological community will touch it. And I'm hoping to have the founder of Crescentis on the program again later this year. But as Graham Hancock has pointed out many times, most of the great cities were on the edge of continents, close to the water, and when the water did rise many hundreds of feet, they were covered. And this new discovery, Tel Filos is one of these places. It looks like and it's important that we look at it, get the details and understand just how significant this discovery is. Of course, it really does highlight Homer, who a lot of people look up to as a real guiding light into the Greek mindset. But the Odyssey is one of these books that is required reading from most colleges. I want to play a short clip here on who was Homer and how he developed the Odyssey. This story of Odysseus's travels through this of the ancient passes have a quick listen.
Speaker 2: With most works of literature, it is useful to know something about the author and the times in which he or she lived. This is not really true of the Odyssey. Later Greek sources give us a few not very useful scraps of information about the poet Homer, who wrote the Odyssey and the Iliad. Around seven hundred b c. Seven cities claimed Homer as their citizen, and he said to have been blind, although the richness of his visual imagery renders this doubtful. Homer had the story and many of the lines of the Odyssey handed down to him by generations of oral poets. They told of the siege of Troy and the wanderings of heroes like Odysseus in the years between these events, occurring around twelve hundred b C. It so happens that we have an example of such an oral poet in book eight of the Odyssey, when a blind singer Demodocas tells us various tales. Oral poets like Demodocus could be found at the beginning of this century in the former Yugoslavia, singing without the aid of any written notes, poems as long as the Iliad or the Odyssey about events in the fourteenth century. Like the Odyssey, such poems contained repeated lines then the thoughtful Telemachus said to her in answer, and repeated phrases dawn with her rosy fingers and gray eyed athene, which the oral poet needs for the creation of his poem. Recited in long sittings with few pauses or breaks.
Speaker 3: Like the Odyssey, such poems contained digressions and discrepancies, inevitable when poems of such length are sung without the opportunity to check for coherence or relevance. Around the time of the discovery of writing, Homer welded together some disconnected oral lays into a grand literary design. In dealing with such a poem, we should not be concerned with complicated symbolic patterns, nor should we concentrate on particular words or phrases. Such sophistication is not helpful in a poem that originated from an oral tradition, and is in any case inappropriate for a work studied in translation from its original Greek. But we can and do appreciate Homer's artistic design and moral philosophy.
Speaker 4: While the Odyssey certainly comes from an oral tradition, which we can tell by some of the features of oral compositions, such as the use of formula set phrases, which occur whenever that essential idea has to be conveyed. We see this at the very small level of combinations of epithets and nouns, and we see it at these like the larger level of typical scenes, which are repeated whenever a scene of that type has to be described, And we see it at a wider level in the use of typical themes, the disguised guess, the returning stranger, scenes of sacrifice, all that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: The Odyssey was divided into twenty four books, corresponding to the twenty four letters of the Greek alphabet. Four hundred years after its composition. This division is not the work of Homer, but is obviously convenient. We can note a more interesting division of the poem into six parts, each lasting four books. Homer was an entertainer. He had to produce a poem which would be gripping and would be new. The newest song is always best. That's what we're told in the Odyssey. And what's characteristic of Homer is that he almost produces something which is surprising, different, original, even to avant garde. And when you look at the sorts of poems that must have been about in Homer's day, some of them were about the returns heroes from Troy. There returns of all the heroes from Troy. What Homer did was to focus on the return of one particular hero and to build a whole lifestyle, a whole study of Greek culture around that single man. It was an inspiration.
Speaker 1: Now I want to mention again that there are numerous photographs and illustrations of this discovery. It's not something that has just come up. There's a couple of archaeologists that have looked at it. It's been known about for maybe less than a decade, and we will have photographs of it available on the Facebook page as well as the scientific white paper if you really want to dig into it. And I posted this material about a week ago and it's gone viral. We've had hundreds of thousands of people wanting to know more about it on our Facebook page. And I'm not going to fill up the whole page with photographs, but I am going to post the white paper that you can check out, and it's got some just amazing images. So today's program is Tafilos Gateway to a Lost World, and my guest is Andre Chasin. I love climbing among the temples and the ancient pyramids of the Maya. We actually have a tour coming up in Dissemmerates the Sacred Pyramids of Guatemala with my friends doctor Lydia and Arturo di Leong. This is a wonderful twelve day tour of some of the most eclectic sites in Guatemala, including Tical and Elmador. We all meet together. This is a chance to not only connect with the pyramids by sitting among them and meditating and also doing ceremony. We will also visit national museums as well as sacred sites that are typically not available to the general public. What makes this really once in a lifetime visit is that we can climb, we can sit, we can interact with not only pyramids, but temples, sacred sites, and visit some of the most historic sites in the world. For more information and to join us, go to earthacients dot com forward slash Tours and you'll see the Guatemala banner. We're only taking about twenty people. We're half full, and so I'm making a special announcement. We're also reminding people that this tour is half the price that normal tours are, and we make sure that we don't skip on anything. We want everyone to enjoy the tour. So it's five star hotels, it is the best food, the best beverages, and a chance to interact with shaman with a noted archaeologists in the area. It's a complete tour, and there's an option to go to Elmador with doctor Richard Hansen. On the last day will be helicoptering to Elmiador and have the opportunity to decline the Ldonta Pyramid. This is a once in a lifetime visit and this is not to be missed. Join us in Guatemala, December first through the twelfth. For more information, go to Earthagents dot com forward slash tours. We have to wonder what would happen to a civilization following the Younger Driest impact theory that we talk a lot about here on Earth Ancients, if the water levels of the oceans rose several hundred feet, what would happen to a coastal town in the Atlantic or the Pacific, or in the Mediterranean Basin. We had doctor Michael Jay on the program recently talking about the Mediterranean Basin and the water rising there and the likelihood of different civilizations being covered in water and destroyed. Today, we have what looks like great evidence with my guests today of a in some cases you might consider it mythological location, but we'll have to get the details. But what we have is in effect the discovery of a city. And my guest today is Andre Chazen, and he is a engineer. He is a cat, has cat experienced. He is a research investigator who has actually found what looks to be an amazing discovery. Audrey, welcome to Earth Ancients. I'm really fascinated in this discovery of yours. When did you first lay eyes on this underground or underwater dwelling.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me, Clyv. I first laid eyes on this November fifteenth of last year. I was I was looking through some maps, and I was exploring the emod net database and redrawing some maps for a theory that I had to some map making, and that's why I came across it.
Speaker 1: Okay, and we should let people know that you are currently researching for a book on on Atlantis with valid evidence like this correct or using current technology that is underwater scanning technology and locating places like this location in the Mediterranean correct.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm using I'm using a well known databases that are have been compiled by by scientists over the past couple of decades, a little bit more what you'd find on Google Earth, more detailed maps using GIS systems generally. So, yeah, so's it's not scans that I've done myself. Obviously I planning on doing further sure base, but certainly be using this for my map mapping map making purposes.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how did you come about discovering the scans? So you were looking at the Mediterranean area and these just appeared or were they more embedded in some technical research. Well, yes, it all.
Speaker 5: Came down to a theory that I had had years prior. See I had I had seen this map that Noah National Organization for the Oceans. They had created a map back in twenty two thousand and nine called the global Sea level drop one hundred and ten meters, and I had noticed an error that they had made on their maps and correct at them. So I sent off an email to their assilia, and they got back to me and basically told me that the map error that I discovered was correct and that they were just to lean it off the database. The important thing was is that it started a path of discovery of what the true elevation of the Mediterranean Sea was. I had this crazy theory that that that that the Mediterranean Sea had gotten disconnected from the Atlantic Ocean around the last Ice Age for a period of possibly eighty thousand years, where a land bridge had opened up, and there was a drop in the Mediterranean sea level as opposed to the global sea level drop that was happening at the same time. And that's where I think the Atlantis had its opportunity, its island of stability, where it had an opportunity in the glacial climate where it's a little bit cooler and more temperate. That the Mediterranean Ocean, Mediterranean Sea had a period where they maintained a lower sea level state. And on that lower sea level was where Tapolos was sitting.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to mention that you are. The article that I'm referencing is Tolopolis Gateway to a Lost World, which is featured in Graham Hancock's article's website. It was submitted and he published it a few months ago. And Talopolis is a city out of the Homer's Odyssey. Correct, Yes, talk about it, about that because that's really that really sets up the details of this whole discovery.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, in Homer's Odyssey, Book ten, he arrives at Taplos after taping from the lotus eaters.
Speaker 1: That's Odysseus, right, Odysseus, I'd say, what did I say?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Odysseus the hero.
Speaker 5: Yes, Odysseus is the hero. He he escapes from from the land of the lotus eaters and booked and book book ten, I believe, And that's where he travels to Tilopolos from from that uh, from that location.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: And in the story they arrived at the harbor, and the fleet had traveled ahead of him into a sheltered harbor that was very narrow. Uh. He noticed that the ships went in, but he was feeling kind of I guess, hesitant to follow suits, so he stayed back and moored his ship on a rocky air cropping outside of the harbor, where he sends a mini shore and they had an encounter with the locals. Right, So, from from Odysseus's perspective, and as much as the story tells, Us is only from the perspective of this just watching his men go ashore and him seeing his ships being destroyed as they leave the harbor, So they don't really get a good view of the city. They only know that there's a sheltered harbor. They hear the sounds of rocks shattering the hulls of their ships and splintering their ships, and their men streaming out in terror. And then instead of and this is going to his men's rescue, he cuts his mooring line and leaves them behind. And that's all we hear in the Odyssey about the story. Now, there's also a little bit of the story where he actually talks about the encounter of the locals. But it's odd because that part of the story doesn't really make a lot of sense because he describes it as as everybody dying, So there's no way he could have known the events that happened in the town. Yeah, so I think there was a little bit of literary literary device that Homer used there. He certainly added some of the story that he could not have known. But had the story been a true event, it perfectly matches the description that of this of the site.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to get into I want to get into more specifics on Telepolis. Why do you think Homer describes the inhabitants of this location Telepolis as giant cannibals.
Speaker 5: It's I mean, that's a funny. It's a funny story. Actually, I think it's a bit of a dark tawn, to be honest with you, a little bit of dark humor. I'm not sure what the comedian sense of the ancient Greeks were, but the way I see it happening, Okay. As the story goes more detail, he sends two men ashore with a herald, and the they meet a young girl who was gathering water from the local well. As she is a daughter of the leader of the town and who is called Antifatees. So she leads the men to the town to meet his wife, and they describe his wife as being the size of a mountain. Craik. Now, you can take that as being a giant woman, or you can take that as being a very large woman, you know what I mean. Like, so at the story is that she calls for her husband to kill the men. And it's kind of funny because it's like, Okay, if she was a very large woman, they could have cracked jokes at her expense, which would have made her really angry and would have called for her husband to come and execute the men. I could I could perfectly see that scenario playing out. Yeah. But Homer himself, he doesn't really describe giants. He he uses the word like he says, uh, they grab stones that that that were heavy as men can carry, that were like boulders that by the time they hit his ship. So basically he like he used the assymbilies of giants, But nowhere does he really say giants. If you actually read the text, the finer text of the Honesty, he describes them stewering the men as if they were fish like to be to be consumed. But he didn't say he they stewered the men to be consumed. They it was he was using the literary expression. He was saying, I they were steward like they were fished to be consumed. So it's it's all on how it's interpreted. A lot of a lot of these stories. You know, they they use they use these, Yeah, they use these. Uh aretistic is the way I'm looking for, use this hyperbole to to to strengthen their story and their narratives, you know. Okay, So your feeling and you write about this is that it's it's kind of artistic license and writing that they're cannibals and their giants. Uh, maybe just to spice up the story. Uh.
Speaker 1: And but we don't know, simply because we have no evidence of topolss uh other than I guess you could say a myth right right.
Speaker 5: It doesn't show up in any of the other writings as far as I As far as I know, it's always been only reference day in Homer's odysty So you think it will pop up somewhere else, a major city that way, But the city itself is so old the time it's surprising that we've been hearing of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is what's so amazing about your discovery, Andre is the fact that you're using Homer's description of Telopolis and then what you discovered is the location which is in Malta, Sicily, and it's in an escarpment area which is I guess kind of a long ridge. But from the imaging the scans, it's a very sophisticated port town, isn't it. Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, The scale is immense. It could be easily compared to Atlantis in its in its land area that's enclosed inside of the footprint. And certainly if that was a metropolis of a large city, you would expect to find a agregarian culture outside of that city supporting that city. That would be five times the size at least to support all that all that requirements for the for the population.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you have it seventeen kilometers long, which is roughly ten miles and about half that much for the for the width, and how deep is it? And when did you actually make the discovery because you had to actually do some processing of the data so you could get through it and clarify. But give us the very earliest discovery and you're it must have been an aha moment, like, oh my god, this is significant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I recognized that significant right away. It almost took me twenty four hours before I could lay out that or figure in my mind resolved that it was actually to Apolos, because I mean, if you had mentioned that name ninety nine or another ninety nine people out of a thousand would not know what you were talking about. And certainly it was only on my radar because of my research into Atlantis, and I was creating these fantasy maps and kind of trying to place all these these mythological events and misological locations into context with Atlantis. And I had placed Tilopolos actually on my map about five hundred kilometers up the coast of Sicily. And when I had found it where it was, I'm like, wow, that that can only be one place it matched the description.
Speaker 1: So let me just go let's go through it for a second. Andre. So, I mean, I use Google Maps to see the water DApp occasionally, and there's there's some occasional anomalies and lines and stuff like this. You found a whole city. Now, you didn't use Google Earth, you use what to actually discover the rudimentary outline of the city.
Speaker 5: To find the actual city itself. You would never pick it up on Google Earth. Uh database. Google Earth uses like a it's called the gem CO, the Global Earth Database Model, which is which is good for all intents and purposes, but it doesn't get into really detailed survey because it doesn't need to.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: In my case, I was trying to refine my maps by using what was called the It's called e Modernet. Uh. It's the European I don't know what that name means. But if you look up E Modernet E M O d ne et, you will find their database and they have a web viewer that is similar to Google Earth that you can you can use in three D and actually navigate to the same spot. And if I would have my camera working good, I could have brought that up for you. But yes, so uh yeah, if you go to that website, you can certainly navigate to that location yourself and see it in high detail. It has a couple of different years of data up and there's so you might not get the correct image depending on when you load it in, but it's it's it's great to see three because you're you're able to actually, you know, see the site navigate yourself independent of me. And that's what's great with science. You know, anything should be open to the to the world to be able to instantly verify.
Speaker 1: Right, it's just an amazing discovery. Andre. Now let's let me just clarify for our listeners. This is not satellite piercing water. This is UH underwater site sonar scans multi you got it. And and so they're using UH and like Google Earth, they're overlapping with newer scans of that area.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how deep is this top of Lis? How how deep is the location?
Speaker 5: Well, Uh, the majority of the city I believe sits out of the elevation of about minus two hundred meters below sea level.
Speaker 1: Two hundred meters that's pretty deep.
Speaker 5: So that's pretty deep. Yeah, that's farther than the most commercial divers foot bow. You almost need to be saturation diving at that point.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And that's where the city proper sits. Now. The beauty of the city, it's it is a fortress. So I it's it's my approximation that this whole canal that circled the city was about fifty meters deep. You know, so so that you can you can completely go navigate with ships. And what that number though, is not what Sorry, I should have to explain what that number comes from, because certainly if you look at the survey now, you don't see that fifty meter depth in the canal. The fifty meter that I that I digitally reconstructed the site with that with that number in mind, came from a number of papers that that studied the multi siicely escariment and talked specifically about the sediment build up in that area just south of Talopolos, and they stated in that paper that the build up was approximately fifty meters and with that number of minds of sediment, yes, fifty meters of sediment built up from the bottom of the what's what's called the erosion channel. It's like the big star that kind of leads out the out of Toloppolos into the main gate. So it's that fifty meters that I that I used to excavate and digitally recreate and create the renders for the simulation.
Speaker 1: Right in the article, you make a number of statements that the sophistication of the outer perimeter is well as the buildings is advanced. Give us an idea what that means, Like, like, there's some form of machinery you reference almost that must have been in play. Uh, you don't say machinery. I'm using the term machinery, but.
Speaker 5: I mean there has to be a process. I don't, I don't. I don't discount about the possibility that they had some kind of machinery of it. I mean machine can mean a lot of things. I mean simple useful levers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I by a sophisticated plow of some kind that dust dirt or something. But the outer perimeter of this city looks pretty damn clean. It's just almost too good to be true.
Speaker 5: It's almost too good to be true. And and that is where I believe that a lot of scientists are gonna have issue with, because it seems that a bubbles the imagination that a a pre Bronze Age civilization could have excavated a canal that is essentially about half the volume of the Suez Canal, but whole thousand years ago, you know, without without heavy machinery, without explosives, without because you're going to have to exu read a lot of rock in order to dig down to the elevation, and certainly there comes the question of where did that rock go? I mean, I I spent a career around civil engineering, so the actual design of the city, it's fascinating on so many levels when you consider the amount of earthworks that had to had to have occurred over that I had to be thousands of years. I mean, I can imagine that you could have gone at any quicker without machinery, you know. I mean in our mount of an Age, we probably could have knocked that off in a couple of years. But certainly without that those advantages or some kind of system, it would have been nigh impossible. And certainly that's that gives me pause many many times to say, am I looking at anomaly? Or am I looking at something that's possible?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But it all comes back. It all comes down to the measurements. The measurements is what tells me that I'm looking at a man made object, because the entire site measures one hundred by twenty five stadia, and that would be astronomically impossible for any anomaly to to be stand and to result in an an artificial, man made unit of measurement that and to be completely one hundred by twenty five. It boggles the mind that that would actually could be anomaly.
Speaker 1: We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return short with my guests today, Andre Chezum discussing his amazing new discovery in the Mediterranean Ocean of tel Philos, the lost city from Homer's Odyssey, will be right back. My guest today is Andre Chisholm. He has discovered what looks to be evidence for the myth from Homer's Odyssey and Odysseus's travel to Telfilos, the Island of the Giants. You can see images, scans and underwater photography of this location by going to Facebook and then Earth Ancients. You'll see it under the photograph of Andre. I think the other thing that supports your claim that this is Telepolis is the fact that in one of the scans you show a central temple, and also you claim that there's likely a buildup of of architecture that would support a lighthouse. Yeah, talk about those talk about those features, because that central temple is huge.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, when you consider that the whole base had to have been excavated, it makes you wonder how they built up from that elevation, I mean, and certainly from the elevation that they excavated to the top it's over one hundred and fifty meters in height, which is higher than the Great Pyramid of Gizo, which is what I alluded to. Now, certainly if you took off that fifty meters and stirred up to fifty meters and it probably only be seventy meters about that that that plane, but still it's its size and scope outside of that is still very very huge. And its placement directly across from the main entrance again highlights its importance as as the entryway as the focal point of the of the city. You know, it's leaning out with its most massive feature as you're you're entering the front door. Basically, you know.
Speaker 1: Does any of the sites scan sonar get up close to those features? Uh offshore?
Speaker 5: No, unfortunately not. Uh. The the level of detail that we're getting on on those points only can tell us, uh, you know, very basic details, and it doesn't it doesn't give us any kind of resolution that that would pick up anything small at all, which is why I'm trying to uh to amount an expedition myself. I've been I've been budgeting it for for some time now, and I know I can get up there with an R O V and A and a dinghy if I have to, and uh and and actually surveyed the site. I got a little bit of the experience doing it, and I know I could do it, and I'm it's all my plans, but it's not my budget right now.
Speaker 1: It's too bad you can't reach out to the National Geographic This would be a perfect fit for one of their explorations.
Speaker 5: And you know, there are so many outfits that that I would love to have an opportunity to speak with Cliff. I just I'm unfortunately, I'm I don't have the network or the contacts or the interest spark yeah in the world in order to get those connections that made But I'm hoping for that first call. I'm dreaming of them call me one day. Yeah, where are you? Yeah, Nolan, I got a story for you.
Speaker 1: We'll have to we'll have to see at the end what happens this multi sicily escarpment. Talk about the layout of the city. I think you give an estimate for the population, which is very big. Number one, but number two. It's actually in an area that's a natural harbor, isn't it today?
Speaker 5: What do you mean by natural harbor?
Speaker 1: Well, Tallopolis, you have a canal that leads into the actual city, but it's low enough that you know, ships could could dock there, and and then maybe there was a you know, if you get down closer, there's a walkway or something that's built out. It looks like in one of your rendering, is that that there is a part that is supportive of ships docking and commerce being loaded in and out.
Speaker 5: Talk about that, Yeah, I mean logistically speaking, they would have to have ways of getting from the water to the heights of the city. I mean, I recognize that. I mean even the even the island of Manhattan has twenty two bridges that cross over into the borough. So if you haven't having a having such a city popping out in the water, you need to have ways of getting your population, even if it's on the back end, getting supplies and food into your population. And I recognize that the design of the city it strikes of a Roman Asque design as in the it's it's it's laid out in a grid pattern with such regularity that when you break it out. Wow. The beauty of it is that it works. So it's almost like twenty four by twenty four stadium blocks or what they call regios, which would allow for a structured layout of a city to be designed. And it works out perfectly with some of the points that you see in the survey popping out, like the city is laid out in that twenty four and the fourteen twenty four four twenty four fourteen kind of layout. But the WITH is also twenty five, So there's a little bit. There's a twenty five, and there's the twenty fours. But the thing about the W is that you can imagine it would include a boulevard or a central avenue that would traverse the whole city, and also a boundary road that would probably encompass the whole city as well, which would make up for that extra stadia in WITHD. You know what I mean, It's almost like an allocates road alignments for the city. I'm sorry, I'm talking. I'm talking to civil engineering terms, because I could imagine the city being built like no problem, and I've dreamed of actually building it out in three D and bringing it back to life. To be honest with you one of my future projects.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what, what's your estimate for the population.
Speaker 5: Well, the population I had original population on that written down, and I kind of re estimated it because I didn't think my original population density was was was high enough. But I was thinking on the conservative ent, it could easily support a population of eighty thousand people. Eight tho, okay, and that's and that's on the low end. You're not talking about multi multi level unit homes. You're talking about just single level homes for the most part, not these a complex multi level units that you might find in more. That's romancies. So I think that that's a reasonable and certainly you're looking at Certainly it doesn't doesn't exist in a vacuum. So there is also the people who live and support that population. So any population you have the city, you got to consider the population of fishermen who go to it side of the state, the population of farmers who do the outside. So encompassing the whole area might have been easily two hundred and fifty thousand people spread out over those planes.
Speaker 1: Right. What I find fascinating andre is when you take the Tangiers land bridge hypothesis into to effect, then you're talking tens of thousands of years ago prior to the last ice Age. What's the conservative number, because you used eighty thousand years ago as the perhaps inception of this area. But what would you say comfortably, Well, it doesn't have to be comfortably. What would you say is kind of a timeline?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, certainly, eighty thousand years is a long time, and looking at our own history over the last one hundred years, it's hard to fathom that human civilization could have existed for tens of thousands of years and not you know, industrialized to the same level we have now. So I would I'm on the conservative end of things, where where we were just coming out of out of being the honter gatherers, and when these planes opened up, they were the in fact, the crane of our civilization. And I would think that that conservatively the city, the city itself could have been there for as certainly as long as the Egyptian civilization, and we're talking the three four thousand years and then build up to that. I mean, people would have been living in the area for four tenths of thousands of years, right.
Speaker 1: Is it your theory that the land bridge closed off what is now the Mediterranean from the Atlantic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it could have happened anywhere up to eighty thousand years. Now that number is completely an estimate. I don't I'm only basically on charge and an estimated timeline and an estimated elevation of what I believe that bridge to be. But I mean, I'm open, I'm open to for further expiration. But I think at at a minimum it was it was probably it could have been sixty thousand years, but certainly as that long.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I mean they're understanding is that there were no multiple phases of the so called Atlantis continent which was in the Atlantic. But is your I mean, you're you're writing a book. We should let our listeners know that you're writing a book on evidence of Atlantis. Is this what you would consider a satellite perhaps a city affiliated with an Atlantis culture? Because well, it's like this, I mean, Toplos was built as a fortress. So whether I had a a maritime partner in Atlantis, whether I had a it's shared where. Whether it's their enemy remains to be seen, but I will I will tell you this. Toplos sits directly between ancient Greece and Atlantis. Does that not directly, it's it's on the path backwards from it.
Speaker 5: And I say that because uh, I want I want the audience to know that the entire purpose of this was was my endeavors to find Tolopolos was because I discovered Atlantis on the same shore one line as Talapolos. The reason why I bring in Talapolos to the public first is because the surveys that are in the area that I believe Atlantis to be are not as detailed as the area around Palopelos. Because of the area that Telopolos is in, it got more surveys because of the geology of the area than the area that I'm looking at. So fortunately, because of that geological work, I was able to see the city now where I propose Atlantis to be. It's not as clear cut. I wouldn't be showing you the bottom of the ocean. You wouldn't be able to pick up the detail. I've looked it up. It's just not it's just not where. It's not showing where it should be. And that doesn't mean it's not there. I'm convinced of its location. But once I proved that Telopoulos was there, then lends credence to any theory that I will call that'll that will present after this point. I think that's that was the best way of me trying to validate Atlantis is being a possibility.
Speaker 1: Can you expand a little bit on the site scan sonar imaging work that you have discovered and used to find a location for Atlantis.
Speaker 5: Well, again, the I'm using the same database that I found Colopolos in and I'm I'm at the just I'm at the the what I'm looking for, it's it's the data that's there. Is the data that's there. I don't have access to to more surveys than what has been surveyed. Unfortunately, that's the nature of the ocean. Ninety five percent of it is just not the not surveying in idtail Okay, unless it needs to be surveyed in high detail. So fortunately, like unless unless there was a pipeline being plane or some kind of subsea service being put in, They're not going to survey the area that I need to see survey. Unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I'm gonna definitely have you back to talk about Atlantis this book when it gets published that you're working on right now. But where was Atlantis. Was it in the Atlantic or it was in the Mediterranean.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, wow, I will bet, I'll eat my hat. But if it's not not in the Mediterranean, the Mediterranean sea. Yeah, and that and that is why it's been hidding for so long. Is that is that we didn't understand. Okay, if I were to ask you, what is the number one the number one detail that you took from Plato that would point your way to Atlantis, Like what what was the number one point.
Speaker 1: The concentric rings?
Speaker 5: Okay? And I would say to that is that Atlantis was completely destroyed in its cataclysm and those concentric rings are washed delay. Okay, that's one thing. But what I was kind of getting at is that the number one reference that people used to find Atlantis has always been the pillars of Hercules.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, right right.
Speaker 5: And it's my contention that the pillars of Hercules were not the straight at Gibraltar, because in my theory, in the time of the Atlantis, the Mediterranean was cut off from the Atlantic. It was its own enclosed sea, right And because it was his own enclosed sea, there was no Atlantic Ocean in that world. There was what was called the word Atlantic actually means the Sea of Atlas, which is the Sea of Atlantis. Unfortunately, the name the Atlantic got its name as a misnomer because it doesn't actually mean that. And I'm not the first person to say that Straighter Gibraltar is not the Pillars of Hercules. It goes back thousands of years. Strabble of the Asia originally just described it in his book Geographica, how ancient Greek scholars of the time actually were in disagreement with with what the actual Pillars of Hercules was, and certainly the way he describes it. In the end, he said that ancient mariners have always referred to the Straighter Gibraltar as the Pillars of Hercules, and that's what they will always be known as. And he didn't argue anything beyond that point, but that's the that's that's my point, is that they actually predate the Straighter Gibraltar.
Speaker 1: Opening up, we're gonna take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we'll return shortly with my guest today, Andre Chasehm, discussing his new discovery tell Filus. We'll be right back. My guest today is Andre Chisholm, and he is presenting a new discovery what appears to be the ruins of an ancient city, Telflos, and also has written a very important paper that you can read in its entirety by going to Facebook and finding Earth Ancients looking for his photograph. So is it your contention that Atlantis being in the Mediterranean was connected to present day Africa, Italy, Crete and the other islands. I mean that if you're saying that it is in there somewhere, so so really what you're saying then is that Telepalis is part of Atlantis.
Speaker 5: It's it's part of the maritime network. Whether or not, like I said, whether or not it's his enemy or it's it's it's a trading partner, remains to be seen. But I'm of the I'm of the mind that no giant city like Atlantis as is described existent in a vacuum. There had to have been contemporaries of the same size and scale, you would think, and certainly when you think about how Plato described Atlantis, he described it Greece at the time as being at war with Atlantis. So you'd imagine that a city as sophisticated as that would have a maritime equivalent, and certainly they had an a maritime equivalent in the Greeks at the time, which again would have been ten thousand years before the current Greeks, Which is kind of odd that Plato gets his history of his own country from the Egyptians. That's something that's never mentioned, in the fact, I've never heard of an anybody ever mentioned that, Hey, why is Plato getting his Why is well, he says, Solon is the way he got the information to That's just a literary device that any author would use to not put themselves in their own novel. You know that they're not going to insert themselves as a source of information. So they created a statesman that he knew that he knew his country we would know and used him as as as the carrier of that literary device as well. But again, it's very it's very interesting that that that Greece isn't spoken of and the same and the same light as Atlantis was because a lot was lost and ancient Greece that most people are not failed to see as well. So we've reading over over the Timaeus and the Critias. Uh he describes ancient ancient Greece, or as to say, even more ancient than ancient Greece as being far more lush and uh and more populous than the Greece of his days. I don't want to get bored.
Speaker 1: I don't want to give way your book, because we'll probably have you back on the program when the books published. But what is the what's the reference to ancient Atlantis that exists now? Would you say it's the predynastic Egyptian buildings, pyramids and temples, or would you go further towards Central Europe.
Speaker 5: I'm of the my A lot of people have different theories of what happened to to the Atlanteans post apocalypse, and I would I would think that they would have had a wide influence on many proto cultures all the time. I can see them escaping to the Mets America. I can see them getting to Africa, getting to Egypt. And certainly the God thoughts has been alluded to being the being in the Atlantian priest, and it fits the description one hundred percent. Like like what, He's a bringer of wisdom, the breer of knowledge, the breer of the written word. He sounds like a well read man who came from a advanced civilization of anything.
Speaker 6: And I think that that certainly it was this cultural amnesia that we all had at the time that erased this whole chapter from our from our history.
Speaker 1: And what what is the causation of the demise of of Atlantis? Was it a volcanic eruption? Or do you follow the Younger Driest theory the latest, which is there was an asteroid hit that basically uh destroyed a lot of land forms but also may have caused massive tsunamis and other problems geological problems.
Speaker 5: I used to be a very very very strong proponent of the Younger Dryest theory myself. I thought it made perfect sense. And even while I was doing my research here and and and I had had even discovered the the my theory about the land bridge, I was still kind of had that in the back of my mind as a possibility. But to be honest with you, I discovered a completely different mechanism by which Atlantis fell. And fortunately it's one of those things that would be kind of given away the the the my book as well. Right, I know how Atlantis fell, You're going to know exactly how where it is, right, But sufficing to say that I know it doesn't require any any any common impactor at all. It doesn't require a global what they call it a crustal displacement. It doesn't require a polar shift, it doesn't require any of those those fringe theories that are out there. Unfortunately, I know a few people would would love to have that corroborated at the same time, but the problem is is that the younger Dryast was always always looked at a global event, and when you needed a global flood to explain the fall of the Atlantis, you needed that bigger event. The problem is that most people see the world as the planet, and even in ancient terms, the world itself was the world that they knew, and the world that they knew was encapsulated by the Mediterranean base for the most part, for the lots of these ancient cultures. Now I'm not talking about the ancient Americans or the Hindus. They are all their own subcultures, their own worlds. Right in that respect, When when you say that the world flooded, the Mediterranean basin was what flooded in that ancient world. So it didn't need that that, uh, the what was only a natural process. It was the world was coming out of the interglacial period. There was a lot of extra glaciers that were that were creating milt water, and that's where the water came from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very fitting that you're on Graham Hancock's article website section simply because Graham's whole theory is that we have amnesia and there's a complete prehistory that has been ignored by our scientists, and it's been ignored because they are not allowed to extra expand their consciousness around earlier dates than say, three or four thousand years ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, Mesopotamia is just a just a drop in the bucket. I mean, even Go Blackie Tepi challenges that narrative easily does. Yeah, but the skill of Go Blackie Tepi versus Tulopolos is like comparing, you know, just a campsite to a city. You know. And I'm not I'm not trying to to to build up my own my own discovery here, but it's important. It's such an important discovery. And I say that with trying to be as humble as I can, because I wish that somebody better than myself, I guess I would have would be the spokesman for it. I'm not the best public speaker I'm not the best content creator at making videos. I'm doing the best as a person who just stumbled across one of the most incredible things he could ever think of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did a beautiful job on the rendering of Telepolis. What would you say the amount of refinement that took place. Was it a lot of reworking or did you just perhaps retool a few things for the simulation.
Speaker 5: For the most part, what I did was I followed the simple rule is that if anything had a hard shadow, that it was generally a hard line that as I said, it wasn't there wasn't sedimentation build up, It's certainly certain high points. So they kind of defined a lot of lines that I could use to define to differentiate between what would be considered bedrock and silt, you know. And once I kind of delineated those spots using that fifty meter number in mind, I used the software in this case, Unreal Engine five to digitally remove approximately that depth in those areas that I saw. And then it became a little bit of spelting, I guess. I mean, I looked at the terrain, but I had what was there, and I could see and I know how the data is interpreted. I know what high points are, and sometimes a high point will only give you a little bit of detail and then it'll drop off to a lower point, creating what a cone. Right, And sometimes these cones are not shaped with cones because you only got one point at the top and one point at the bottom. But what it could be is a is a statue for example, could appear as a cone or a whitehouse. Could that looks like a cone would be a lot more as more splingerbland, like a post high plan. So in that respect, I I did take some artistic license, but almost like I was removing just as as much call out as little as I could. I was excavating it digitally, I guess pretending I was using like a fine soft hand or a brush to brush away years of accumulations as archaeologists went in a way, I guess you know what I mean. I use my intuition to guide my hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I think it's a great The renderinges look great. Those of you listening. We will have all these rendering is available on our Facebook page. Go to Facebook, go to Earth Ancients. You'll see a group of scans and I'll also have them on Instagram and the website. In the description about you your bio, Andre, you say you aim to spark a renaissance in archaeology. What does that mean? Are you not pleased with archaeology right now?
Speaker 5: Or are you? I can I can grind a few asss with the current archeological establishment. I I was naive when I originally approached a number of the including John Hoops and and mister Dibble, mister Flint Dibble and.
Speaker 1: Oh you you approached Flint Dibble with this?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, he he he blocked me instantly. He wouldn't even hear me out at lea At least John Hoops had the uh had the staying power to uh to look at it uh for a minute and then assault me.
Speaker 1: Well, let me let me stop. I I wasn't gonna mention this before. But there has been uh another researcher that has identified the location. Uh didn't Dipple see his uh his reference?
Speaker 5: No, I guess not. The other other researcher doesn't have while while worldwide recognition for the site yet either, So I guess it's.
Speaker 1: Not like this is this not like this is brand new. This is something that's been uh uh looked at and not perhaps in the scientific papers released, it hasn't been released in the general public. But this is not you know, this is not a shadow on this on the bottom of the ocean.
Speaker 5: It's it's absolutely not an anomaly. And if anybody claims that it is, they just don't know what they talk about. I've actually spoken with with experts in the field of the themetry and gotten there their validation and their their praise and support for my work as well saying that yeah, this is absolutely not a data anomaly, you know, and certainly the other researcher, doctor Luigi assaid, what's the first person to discover this? And and that LEDs credence to to the site as well. You know, I shouldn't it shouldn't be a debate of who who found it first or who found what first. It's a matter of science and the and I think it's more important that that word gets out about this site, not but who who was the first person to say that they found it? And it's it's my mission to so spark that renaissance in archaeology, because I believe that mainstream archaeologist has been it became a club of of of you know, uh, gatekeepers. They don't see anybody on the outside as having any valid input or opinions. And yeah, it's too gladly mock and throw whal insults at you from the ramparts.
Speaker 1: Now we need more engineers like you Andre. Uh. Listen, this has been a real eye opener. I really appreciate you coming on the program and also releasing these scans for viewing to the general public. I really appreciate that as much as I appreciate Graham Hancock. His viewership is limited, whereas if we get it on Facebook, I think we can get a larger audience to begin researching this. So when do you believe, uh, and this is just an estimate on your side, when do you think your book might be released?
Speaker 5: My full book, I'm an Atlantis and the Whole and the Whole, the whole shebain. Yeah, I'd say all have that done within about within about a month or two, depending on on on support and interest. I mean, if I, okay, if I get a lot more followers on my Twitter account and people are are streaming at me to get this done, it will it will give me the energy I need to to push it out quicker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also I mentioned before we started that if you have a completed book, I can look for a publisher. That would not be a few months. They would want to edit it and help you with the graphics and the photos and so forth, and so that might be another.
Speaker 5: Absolutely yeah, and then that published final product. Of course, it would take longer. I'm just I'm just saying for for my end for need to be able to hand it off to an editor and for them to prove read it.
Speaker 1: I probably need that much sign of the Yeah, amazing. Now you don't have a website, Uh, and you do have do you have a social media uh placement of vetting?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm on I'm on Twitter at at the My handle is the the Immortition Okay, yeah, sorry, and.
Speaker 1: His last name is Chasing C. H. A. I S. S O N Andre Chasing And uh, so you have you you have the basic uh social media people can contact you.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: Hey, this has been really great. The article for those of you you want to read it is available also on Earth Ancients. Go to Earth Ancients and go to UH. You'll see the photo Facebook Earth Ancients. Look for the international or group page and I will list the US UH and along with the images. Andre continued success on this man, you really I hope you didn't open up Pandora's box. I don't think you did. I think you've done such a great job with the rendering. It's pretty obvious that you have something a man.
Speaker 5: I and thank you for your for your for having me here to be able to bring this to light. It sas my dream.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, hey, well we'll definitely have you back, okay, man Hey, thanks, Yeah, all the fortune on the next next job. The underwater imaging in this paper that Andre wrote is is really remarkable in that without any kind of manipulation, you can actually see the street corners, you can see the roads, you can see the what's left of a temple, and this enormous lighthouse that he talks about. And as you're reading along this scientific paper, and it's not too too technical, it's easy enough to read, you'll also see his reconstruction of the harbor of these temples of this city. And he also has a video that I just found where and by the way, all this is available on the Facebook page and you can see it there. You can also see it on the Instagram. Go to Earth Ancients podcast on Facebook. Go to Earth Ancients, and you'll see the international and the group page, but when you actually look at the video, he has reconstructed what the streets look like, with the temple looks like, the lighthouse and everything else, and the harbor and so again it is a remarkable reproduction of Homer's city. So it out. It's fabulous. And we were talking after this interview, and this is an ideal project for National Geographic. I think is actually reaching out to a number of different organizations that would fund this. Now I'm a little concerned about National Geographic because when Paulina Zelenski discovered this city off the coast of Cuba, the National Geographic said they would fund it, and then we never heard anything more from it. So I don't know if they're in the habit of squalching these discoveries. They're not. I mean, I've never seen a really outstanding underwater discovery from National Geographic. They're pretty blase a and they rather have noted finds that are within the time frame the comfortable time frame that archaeologists lend us, which would be roughly four thousand, five thousand years ago. This could be ten thousand, this could be fifty thousand, years old when it was first found, and for the National Geographic to simply expose that and right along with it is probably not going to happen simply because that's not in their purview. It's not in their comfort zone, and so I don't see it happening. And so this means, you know, a private group or a go fundme project is pulled together and or a wealthy individual funds research and this is the way to do it. Where you can get these remote vehicles that can dive deep into the ocean and do a really accurate image and imaging of this location. And this is what has to happen. That's where you can publish that result and then everyone's going to pick it up. In the same way that this group of Italian scientists grabbed a hold of a geological satellite and picked up the imaging of the Cufu and Caffrey pyramids as well as some other anomalists structures in that Giza plateau and re reevaluated the data and came up with all these new underground UH structures and and UH you know, it could even be evidence of a tunnel system, which has been discussed before. So that that kind of discovery isn't going to be released by the National Geo or Smithsonian because it makes us think about the distant past, and that's not the that's not what the archaeological community right now, the I shouldn't say as a whole, I ssa to say the university archaeological community is resistant too. So we'll have to see what comes up on this. But I I got to tell you you have to see these images because they're wonderful, they're clear, and they are revealing, and that's what we want. We want to see the details of the former city, Homer's Odyssey and the you know, and it's amazing because we don't know where Homer Godness his data. If you heard of the very beginning of the program, he collected stories and myths and a prophecy and pull it together in the Odyssey in the Iliad as well. So it's just fascinating, just a wonderful, wonderful program. So we'll keep a sharp lookout for the future evidence for the future programming, the future expeditions that Audrey can pull together. If you're enjoying Earth Ancient's Destiny and Earth Ancients Special Edition in the Archives, please consider becoming a subscriber for as little as five dollars a month, you can support the work we do here on the program. To become a subscriber, go to Patreon dot com, Forward slash Earth Ancients and subscribe. We have a number of gifts for you, including a complete library that you can download. We're up to around almost forty books. These are gifts and thank you from various authors and public publishers that we feature on the program, and all you gotta do is just download it. These are PDF and other digital files that will stay on your laptop. So to become a subscriber again, go to Patreon that's p A t R e o N dot com, Forward slash Earth Ancients and subscribe. All right, that's it for this program. I want to think my guest today, Andre Chazen, as always the team of Gaelteur, Mark Foster face Ol and the other team members who keep support Earth Ancients. You guys rock all right, take care of you well and we will talk to you next time.