Speaker 1: Hear about it. If I stand up for somethis I'm not gonna hide behind the map. Talk about it. It's all programmed to create chaos. Fifty five KRS at six Here at fifty five kr C Detalk Station, A very very happy Friday to you. I am pleased to welcome to the fifty five CARC Morning Show author Dean Reuter. He is, by way of background, General Counsel of the Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy. Fellow lawyer he is, and he's also a fellow with the National Security Institute of George Mason University's Antonine Scalia Law School. He was the director of Liberty's Nemesis, The Unchecked, editor rather of a Liberty's Nemesis Unchecked Expansion of the State and Confronting Terror nine to eleven in the Future of American National Security. Wow, and you talk about that one as well. Welcome to the Morning Show, Dean Reuter, author of the book we're talking about today, The Hidden Nazi, The Untold Story of America's Deal with the Devil. It's a pleasure to have you on today, sir.
Speaker 2: It's very very good to be with you. Brian.
Speaker 1: What is the deal here. No, I've never heard of General hun K He is apparently one of the worst Nazi world criminals. You never heard of. It's in the materials it says that, And you're right. I consider myself pretty well versed historically speaking, although no authority on World War Two am I. But you know, you got all kinds of Nazis whose names immediately come to mind, like Mangola, SS chief, Heinrich Himmler. Well, who in the hell is General Hans Kamler And how did you stumble upon him?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a great question, great place to start, Brian, And I got to tell you that I had in a run up to doing this book, I spoke two hundreds of folks, heed the thousands, even many of them World War two officionados. Nobody ever heard of Hans Cameler, which makes him such an interesting character. In part, but he was the thumbnail sketch. He was basically Integraler. He was integral in the persecution of the Holocaust and the slave labor trade. By the end of the war, because of his efficiency in doing that, he's promoted to rule all of Germany's secret weapons, including the V two rocket.
Speaker 1: Well, I probably heard about oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And then hands over the rocket scientists, including Werner von Brown, to the United States in an attempt to erase his holocaust passed. So that's what the book's about. And to answer your second question, how they stumbled upon him, it's the researchers on the cover of the book who came to me with this story partly revealed already, and then we worked together to get to the rest of the facts.
Speaker 1: How about that, now, it was a kind of a regular running joke on one of my favorite cartoons, Archer. I don't know if you're familiar with the series, but there was a German that worked in the spy organization that was depicted in the in the in the comedy series, but regular jokes about how we went in and snatched of all the German scientists in the aftermath of World War two, in spite of the fact that they were responsible for some horrific, horrific crimes, but because they had this intellect and knowledge, we were happy to make accommodations for them. Here is there some measure of truth to that?
Speaker 2: That's exactly this story. I mean, I don't know if you were trying to speak from truth in that comic strip. But that's precisely what happened, with a couple of caveats. The conventional history has always been that we stumbled upon these rocket scientists, that we just got lucky in getting them. But what we prove in this book is sort of a surprise ending. What we prove is that Hans Kandler was very deliberate in moving this rocket team and this is hundreds of people twice, very late in the war, from northern virgin or northern sorry, northern Germany to central Germany to southern Germany, which is where we collected them. And he did this very specifically, very deliberately in order to try and evase his Nazi past, rehabilitate his career, and get himself to the United States. That's what we call the deal with the Devil, to deal with Hans kml.
Speaker 1: How so, sort of like Robert Bird, former Grand Dragon of the Ku Klux Klan, reforms himself and professes to be, you know, a a reformed god. No no, no, no, I'm in favor of civil rights, and the ends up, you know, clearing his past so that people don't pay attention to it anymore. He was offering his services to the victors the United States of America, in order to cover up what he had done during World War Two, which is basically, if not directly, indirectly killing millions of Jews.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right, That's precisely the story, and our whole theory sort of it comes apart because the conventional history is at the end of the war, the sky Hans Kamler walks off into the woods and kills himself. It's like, why would he do that if he had arranged this elaborate deal with the United States Army. That's what undermines the theory. But what the book proves is that he did not die at the end of war. He did not kill himself. He actually, and we have the paperwork to prove this, he actually surrendered to the US Army and we had him in custody. So the theory then holds together.
Speaker 1: So was the suicide fabricated with our help? In other words, that we coordinate this idea that he had killed himself. He committed suicide in order to cover up his traces. Even further, I mean, was was the United States involved in that component?
Speaker 2: We don't have evidence that the United States was involved in his actual suicide. We do have evidence that the United States knew about his alleged suicide, failed to reveal the truth while it had him in custody. So the United States is certainly complicit. I don't know that they were involved in dreaming up the suicide.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, but it was certainly convenient to say he was dead.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. And you know, in doing this book, we talked to the Masade, We talked to the Department of Justice OSI and our Nazi hunters, and it's very clear they said it in these words, we never looked for Hans cam Well, he was dead, why would we look for him?
Speaker 1: So because he's over at NASA. Yeah, so do we to facilitate his you know, being brought to the United States with the others rocket scientists.
Speaker 2: Well that's where that's where we run out of documentation. And we had him, we know, we had him in custody for eleven months in Europe where he was testifying about missing funds. He was in Nuremberg on the eve of the Nuremberg trials, the major war crimes trials. But after that eleven months, in other words, after April of nineteen forty six, eleven months after the end of the war, the paper trail disappears with a note from England saying we want him, we want to extodize him here because he's launched all these missiles into London and Southampton, and a note in the file, handwritten note from the Americans saying no objection to his expedition, and then poof, it just says if he never never existed.
Speaker 1: So it's alleged that he committed suicide in nineteen forty six. Then when that paper trail ends.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, The suicide was supposedly in May of nineteen forty five.
Speaker 1: In Numberg trials.
Speaker 2: Well, he wasn't there, I think, because he was seen as an asset, so he got a Wow.
Speaker 1: It's amazing what can be justified in the name of acquiring technology, I suppose. Did Do you have any idea where he ended up living? Did he establish an alias?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Just just nothing after that point in time that.
Speaker 2: There are no documentary records. But based on what we know about him and the connections he had and the people he was involved with on the US side, we spin out three different scenarios and I think it's probably most likely he ended up in South America, having gone through the rat line, what's called the rat line, which was the escape route through the Alps that was facilitated by the Western allies.
Speaker 1: Brazil, probably Paraguay. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, but what's very clear is those other Nazis you mentioned, he Hans Kandler would have been higher on the wanted list than Mangola.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my word. So specifically, he was involved with integraly response before the construction of the concentration camps themselves.
Speaker 2: Right, He designed the barracks, he installed the gas chambers, he installed the ovens and then maintained them. And then he identified Auschwitz as the kilt camp. And then he reproduced that effort in one killing camp after another after another. And after all of that, he was then integral in running the slave trade, that is, taking the healthiest of the Jews and just turning them into dust, working in them into dust as slaves in support of the FDS in the German government.
Speaker 1: Sounds to me like this formerly unknown General Hans Kamler was a primary component in the final solution itself. I mean, he had that much involvement with killing camps, he had to be a key instrument, and he just creating the whole concept of exterminating the Jews.
Speaker 2: He absolutely was, absolutely was. He wrote a paper. Yeah, the book covers a paper he wrote in nineteen thirty three which is his vision encapsulating all of this. Just so, he was not just a functionary. He was an ideologue and he was in and on the ground floor. And to get away with it.
Speaker 1: Wow. Just the idea that someone could believe in the concept of an exterminating the higher race of an entire race of people is just so just contrary to my personal belief systems and my understanding. I just I find it hard to believe that people can embrace this kind of concept. I'm baffled by it.
Speaker 2: It's very, very troubling, but it is. There is a lesson there. And this was the German culture, you know, before World War Two, one of the most highly evolved, sophisticated, intelligent cultures in the history of mankind, and suddenly it just went off the rails. So the book studies that aspect too, very very troubling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And as I say that, I do have to appreciate American history. We did believe at one point in time human beings could be chattel owned by other human beings. Well, I guess the concept does resonate to a certain degree, and of course we have that on our hands here in the United States. But that story obviously for a different day, the hidden Nazi until story of Americas deal with the devil. You said you worked with the Israeli secret service, the Masade. Were they helpful to you on this? Were they aware of this guy themselves?
Speaker 2: They know they were not aware, but they were helpful and sense of answering her questions. They were not aware of him beyond knowing his name. They had no file on him, they hadn't searched for him. They considered him that they bought the story that he was Actually he was adjudicated dead by a German court. So the cover up was very thorough. But the way this story got exposed, by about sixty years later, three or four or five different people were telling five or six or seven different stories of his death. And you know, just as an intelligent person, that you hear two different versions in one set of events, at least one of them's wrong, and sometimes both of them are wrong, and the whole thing was made up.
Speaker 1: Turns out this is truly amazing. I'll tell you what it's going to be a book that's well worth reading in a listening audience is going to want to gobble this one up. You can get a copy of the book at fifty five KRC dot com. Jose added your book to my blog page so they can click on it and take them to a link where it's bought. How long did it take you to write this book? Given this disappearing paper troll and the idea that nobody even knew this guy was alive? I guess the inspiration behind trying to find him is a great question to ask, because if the most sad thinks he's dad, they're one of the best buy organizations in the world. How is it you determined that maybe not?
Speaker 2: It was just dogged work by these two researchers that befriended me, and I was involved in it with years. I mean I traveled extensively. A lot of the work was done overseas in Europe. I actually interviewed Hans Kamler's son, so I had to go to Germany for that, which is in and of itself is just a chilling, sort of weird story, but very interesting. So it's a year's long project, especially when you considered that three people were involved in it. But you know we're all hobbyists, we all have other full time jobs.
Speaker 1: You're a lawyer by trade, and I know you've got legal work to do in between writing books on General Hans Kamler and finding him. Fascinating story, my friend, I really appreciate you coming on the program and sharing this information by listening audience, the hidden Nazi, untold story of Americans deal with the Devil with my guest today, Dean Reuter. They're going to get it online at five KRC dot com and thoroughly enjoy it. And are you inspired to find more of these fights you It's weird. I got to tell you, Dean. I've talked to a lot of authors about World War two incidents, things that nobody ever heard of until someone decided they were going to write a book on it. It's sort of seemingly an endless, bottomless well of stories yet to be told. And this is just a one more in the long line of things that happened during World War Two.
Speaker 2: It's fascinating, it is astounding, and when you think of it, I mean, World War Two is the most massive undertaking the history of mankind involving virtually everyone on the planet, so these stories are men.
Speaker 1: And one of the most researched things that has ever happened to mankind. There are thousands and thousands of books written about World War Two, and here we are in twenty twenty five, learning about something that nobody knew about. Dean, It's been a real pleasure having you on the program. Fascinating topic and obviously some moral and ethical questions that we can struggle with as we read The Hidden Nazi Dean. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and again, thanks for your time this morning. It's been a lot of fun and interesting.
Speaker 2: Great to be with you, Brian, Thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you. It's eight nineteen here fifty five KRC, the Talk Station, Do Not Go Away. Coming up bottom of the R. Ambassador Francis Rooney on Trump's foreign policy former representative as well. We'll have Francis on the program coming up at bottom of the R. Hope you can stick around. Fifty five KRC, the Talks Station.