Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages. Welcome to another edition of Let's Get Biblical with your host, a man formerly in the world of entertainment as a stand up comedian and actor, and now evangelist for Christ.
Speaker 2: Here he is j D.
Speaker 3: What's going on, guys, Welcome to another edition of Let's Get Biblical right here on your favorite podcasting platform, whether it's Speakers, Spotify, Apple iTunes, and more.
Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 2: We got a seat at the table for you. Whether you're a believer, non believer, atheist, look warm, believer, we have a seat right here for you. And we have a phrase as well. That phrase plea is we dare you. We dare you to come in. Start your faith, reignite your faith by getting into the good old bibl e the Basic Instructions before leaving Earth manual known as the Bible. On the show, we take versus from the Bible. We break them down, wrap them around your world, my world, and the collective world around us to better understand this world in the world that is to come. Thank you guys for joining us for another episode. Make sure you guys check us out on other social media platforms as well. We are on Facebook. Go check out Let's get Biblical with Katie and our YouTube page. Let's get Biblical with Katie trying to build a kingdom of believers everywhere, and we're getting ready to do live shows on YouTube. But we need you guys to go over there and make sure you hit the subscribe button. Cost you nothing. We just want you to follow because we're going to bring you programs that you will not he on the podcast. We'll bring them over to YouTube and we start a new series this week. We had Bible Breakdown for two weeks. Now We're gonna do musical Breakdown. I'm a music guy. You could say, I'm kind of like, you know, I'm like King David in the good way, all right, you know. Then again, we're all like King David, all right. Talk about a man that has fallen short of the glory of God, but God loves him so much and did great things through him. Was King David, and he wants to do the same thing for you. David was a man of music. He really was. When he started out as a teen, he was a man of music. He played music for Solomon, King Solomon when he was depressed and down and changed the mood and music can change moods right our whole life. You could be either someone that listens to Christian music, rock music, rap music. It doesn't matter. And by the way, I grew up listening to NWA and Two Life Crew Okay, shows you how much the grace of God has fallen upon No, I'm just kidding, don't get me wrong. From time to time, I'll listen to it from here and there, But it's all about proper balances in life as well. And today I want to share music with you and what it can do for you. But we're also gonna lay scripture around it as well, and we're gonna talk about what the song means. We're gonna talk about what it means for you and I. We're gonna go ahead and put our noses in the Bible as well as we dig up a few verses on the song. There is a gentleman out in the world of music right now. His name is Brandon Lake. Brandon Lake has started to cross over into that pop genre with his Christian flow. He's done songs with Jelly Roll, who's one of the top musicians in the world right now. And Brandon Lake really started out with elevation Warship, and he really changed the game for their music as well. And then he went off on his own and today I want to play a song that every christ Follower knows and it's it's called gratitude. Now that's what we're going to talk about today in our music breakdown. Can I get a little drop there?
Speaker 1: Music breakdown?
Speaker 2: I like that, say, can you do Bible breakdown? Bible breakdown? Which one do? Y'all like music breakdown? Mister movie Felt likes music breakdown, So we'll stay with what music breakdown here today on the show and over the next couple of weeks and when he's sharing some of my favorite songs with you and also some songs that have touched my life at a certain time. One of my favorite songs out there right now is by Zach Williams called Hated, and it fits with my testimony as a former stand up comedian and it hits me every single time. So hopefully music today will hit you in this music breakdown. But we're going to talk about gratitude. It's hard to be thankful or have gratitude in a life that may be in a rut right Sometimes we don't have the money. We don't have the finances, we don't have the medical we're sick down, we don't have a relationship. We're leaning on we can't make relationships with people, but we're trying to make a relationship with God. And it's tough, right, it's tough. But we have a gratitude. We have to be thankful for things in our life. So what is gratitude exactly? Well, gratitude is the conscious recognition and appreciation of the good in one's life, often acknowledging that this goodness comes from the source outside oneself. And that source outside oneself, ladies and gentlemen, is the man above, the good old Jesus. That is, here's a guy that shows us gratitude daily. We just don't always show gratitude to ourselves. So as you listen to Brandon Lake, let the words hit you. And when we come back, we're going to tie it into the good old bibl.
Speaker 4: Oh my words, for sure. I've got nothing.
Speaker 5: Now how could I express on my gradite? I could sing these songs.
Speaker 4: As I often to, but every song must stand and you never hear. So I throw up my hands and praise you again and again, because all I have is a heart love.
Speaker 5: Hard.
Speaker 4: I don't know it's not much, but I've nothing else fit for a king except for a heart scene and holy loose.
Speaker 5: Hardly I've got long respine.
Speaker 4: I've got one with my anstress wi are will s sore for my hands praise you again and again so did I hardly is.
Speaker 2: A hoard.
Speaker 4: Hard and none bids my mud have nothing mounts feet forward gay except for a hearting hard.
Speaker 6: Hard.
Speaker 5: Let's come on, mirscle, Oh, don't you get child lift of yourself because you've.
Speaker 6: Got a line and shut those lines get a bad phrase the lord. Oh, come on, mirscle, Oh, don't she get shiney lifted your song because.
Speaker 4: You've got a line.
Speaker 6: It's sign longs do do bad preg.
Speaker 1: Come on, marsl Who don't you get shi me lit of your song?
Speaker 6: Because you've got a line it sun the song do do do pad preig the lord.
Speaker 7: Face everybody, everybody, come on now, come on, So I threw up.
Speaker 4: My hands, praise your again again.
Speaker 2: Saw that is a hot.
Speaker 4: Loo hot lou, And I know it's not much, but I have nothing else it forking except for a heart singing and hall Lou, holy Lou.
Speaker 2: Music of Brandon Lake. I get a tear in my eye when I sing that song because of everything that he does for me. Our human form always wants to just think of the greatness. Right, Oh, I haven't gotten this. I haven't gotten that. What can I be grateful for? I look back on my past and when I was a stand up comedian and I went through a major divorce. I could have easily killed myself due to drunk driving. I could have injured somebody else. I could have been sitting in a jail. Cell I look back and watch it the many times that he showed me grace. As we talked about last week and our Bible breakdown, he showed me so much grace and continues to do that. How can I not be grateful? Gratitude doesn't come in the form of gifts and physical tangible things money. It doesn't come in clothes in cars. I'm grateful for my wife. I'm grateful for my kids. I spoke of it last week in prayer at the table with my family and one of my friends, one of my son's friends, and said, you know, my two boys right here may never have been on this earth because my wife was unable to conceive with her first husband before she went through a divorce, and we met and we focused on God in our life so much to the point that we were living together out of wedlock and we were just learning about the Lord and we wanted to give our gratitude back to him. So my wife and I decided not to have sexual relations until we were married. Now that was hard for us, Okay, all right, we just we're new in this faith, if you know what I mean. We were that Marvin Gaye sexual healing. All right, we're new in the relationship.
Speaker 1: And you know how that is.
Speaker 2: If you're not under the umbrella of Christ, you want to do that those things of the flesh. But when we were under the umbrella of Christ and still are, we want to do things to show him gratitude. So we were like, let's not do that for forty Let's not do that until we're married. Come to find out, the length was forty days and forty nights. We didn't know that until our wedding night and we looked back and go, man, that was a long time. That wow, that was forty days and forty nights. Kind of remind you of what Jesus went through, you know, on the mount what he went through in the wilderness, when we went through that and showed our gratitude, and we continue to follow Christ. We look at the gracious little things in our life. In that song, you may not know what the word Hallelujah means. Hallelujah is a Hebrew expression, and it means praise Lord. And I love that all I have is a Hallelujah. I can't. I can't give a king something. He's already got everything. I can't. I can't, but he just wants our praise, our love back to him and saying Hallelujah and singing it. I get tearful because that's all we can give him sometimes is a thank you, Hallelujah, thank you Lord for what's going on in my life. And you may be one of those ones right now, in a rut, in a dark place. You're breathing. He may have a crappy job that's barely making the bills. You're making the bills, you have a job. When we're grateful for the things that are given in front of us, he will give more unto us. It starts with gratitude, and what a perfect time. I hope you guys can go back and put that maybe in your musical repertoire Brandon like with gratitude And what does it say about being thankful in the Bible. There is tons of verses in the Bible that talk about being thankful. First, Thessalonians five eighteen give thanks in all circumstances. Psalms one O seven one says, gives thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever. Philippians four to six, probably the one that people know the most. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition and with thanksgiving, turn your requests to God in gratitude. Be thankful what you have right now. But one of my favorites is Colossians chapter three, verse seventeen. Colossians three Sevensteen states, and whatever you do, whether in word or deed, things that you do, whether what you speak or what you do, it in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. It took me a while to understand this in the real world, when I was working a regular job as a tour guide. You know how hard that is to do good things in the world itself. I had to find ways to really lean on the Lord in the world out there. And I wasn't doing good deeds to make more money. I wasn't doing good deeds to you know, impress people. I did good deeds because I just have this feeling that the Lord is smiling down upon us when we're showing that light that he gives to us each and every day because we're grateful. So it starts with gratitude, it really does. It starts with being grateful and thankful every morning when you wake up, So tomorrow, when you wake up, whenever you wake up, I want you to show gratitude again, even for the littlest thing you don't realize that's in your life, like the breath and your lungs. Be grateful for that. I hope that you guys enjoyed this episode of our music breakdown. Music is something beautiful that the Lord in the Book of Psalms, David just music is an amazing way to touch our hearts, and what an amazing way to use music to get to him. By the way, the opposition uses that same music in our world. There beats, rhythmic chants and more, but it's about proper balances coming to the Lord and being grateful for the wonderful love that He gives us through the Bible, the basic constructions before leaving earth. Guys, thank you for listening to another episode of Let's Get Biblical. We'll see you on the flip side. Continue to pray, continue to get in your Bible, and if you don't know Jesus, find him today. I dare you to go look up the Book of Romans and pray the prayer of Salvation out loud today. I dare you, and when you do, welcome to the Kingdom.
Speaker 1: God bless you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: Take care,