Speaker 1: Hello and welcome. You're listening to episode sixty three of Game Spot After Dark. On this week's episode, we talk about the Mass Effect, remastered rumors, and the new Oculus quest too. Hello and welcome to episode sixty three of Game Spot after Dark, Gamespots Official video game Podcast. I'm your host Jake Decker, and joining me this week is Lucy James. Hello to more Hussein Hi and Kelly Plaguey. Hello, how's everyone doing good?
Speaker 2: When you said sixty three, I had a nice little flashback to being at home in Newcastle because the two buses I could get into town with a sixty three and the thirty six, which is very pleasing for me. You're Eric nice.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to say you had a flashback of being in the office doing this podcast in person.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just thinking about buses in Newcastle, my friend, if it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Well, this week we are going to go over what we've been playing, and then we're going to move on to topics. We only have one topic this week, but it's something that we're all very passionate about, so we'll talk about that and then we'll wrap this show up with listener questions. But before we do any of that. There's one thing I want to shout out. Game spots Extra Life stream. GameSpot staff will be doing our annual seventy two hour stream of Paluza starting November twentieth at twelve pm Pacific. I'm reading off what Jean Luke wrote because I will mess up. Otherwise I might mess up while I'm reading it. We'll see. We'll be streaming with various members of the game Spot staff and friends to help raise money for UCSF Benioff's UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital. You can check out our extra Life page at tiny dot, cc slash gs g S Extra Life twenty twenty. We'll be updating CC Yeah I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, just click that to make sure.
Speaker 1: Make sure it's good. Make sure Jean Luke didn't give us the wrong thing here.
Speaker 3: Tiny Yeah, that is right. What did it used to? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, g Sextra Life.
Speaker 1: But that's not all This year, we want to get the community more involved. If you're interested in streaming yourself under the banner of Team GameSpot, you can join by visiting g Sextra Life Team just I'll put this in the description of the podcast if you're interested. Yeah, tiny CCG Sextra Life Team. You can stream anytime you want during the month of November. We'll be coordinating community streams in the discord, so make sure to join if you haven't already. We look forward to making this Extra Life our best one yet with the help of all you wonderful folks. So Markey Calendars. Extra Life is always a really fun time. It will undoubtedly be interesting this year because we're all in different parts of the city and state and whatnot, so that'll be fun.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how we're gonna do. We have a plan. We have a meeting, a planning meeting on Friday to figure it out.
Speaker 4: The nice thing is, if there's any gross food things that happen, I can just turn my my ship off and then I don't have to totally leave the stream like I've.
Speaker 5: Had to before.
Speaker 3: I am unshavable.
Speaker 5: No, we're coming over there. Yeah, we have a new We have new waxen kits.
Speaker 2: They're much nicer, much less painful, no bleeding.
Speaker 1: I think the pain is part of it, right, that's the people pay for.
Speaker 3: Very painful as all. Yeahs, if people pay for it, then I'll find a way. But you know, it's your.
Speaker 2: Leg grown back. Your leg, your legs grow back.
Speaker 3: Correction.
Speaker 4: Oh, please note that he lifted up his leg. He's wearing nice shorts.
Speaker 3: Thank you, appreciate.
Speaker 2: Good job.
Speaker 1: Our poor audio listeners won't see that. Our only listeners won't see that.
Speaker 3: Actually, it missed my one chance to get on the foot website down wikift.
Speaker 1: Next time, next time. But anyway, let's start with what we've been playing. Cali, do you wanna take this first?
Speaker 4: Yeah, basically, I've been just kind of playing a bunch of random stuff right now. I've been playing a lot of siege. I'm you know, I really I don't actually try. I mean I try, but I I really just want to have a nice time. And then I played among Us with some of my high school friends, and they're all a lot smarter than me. They all have master's degrees, and I just couldn't keep up. They were on some big brain shit, like I don't know what was happening, Like, what do you.
Speaker 2: Mean big brain shit? Well me, big brain shit in among Us is using the events. That's as big brain as I can get.
Speaker 4: Like they were just like like one of my friends kept nominating herself as the impostor and I was like what are you, like, like, are you trying?
Speaker 5: This is the syop? Like what is this?
Speaker 4: And she's always been like this, like in high school, it was like two they're like best friends. They always have been two friends of mine, and they're always like they're up to something and I'm not smart enough to figure it out. And the first time I was the impostor, they were like, Kelli, where were you?
Speaker 5: And I was like I was.
Speaker 4: I went to admin and then I and then I went to electrical and then they were like I was an electrical and I was like, oh I and they were like, okay, it's you.
Speaker 5: And I was like I don't like being the impost and I hadn't killed anyone.
Speaker 4: They just called a meeting wow of the hell. And then but then I am not strong enough in my like like there was one point where I thought my friend had killed someone. I was like one hundred percent sure it was her, and it absolutely wasn't, so I was like, cool, I'm gaslighting myself.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: Another time, I was doing the Asteroid minigame and then the guy who was the impostor was like, oh no, I was doing the Asteroid mini game and instead of being like, no, you weren't, I was there.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh, maybe I didn't see you.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm just a stupid baby.
Speaker 4: I'm so bad at it, but I had I had fun, So you know, it's been it's been an exciting time in the house lately.
Speaker 1: I still need to get around to playing among us the hot game. All the kids are talking about it. It's just like a Fortnite. I'm like, I don't.
Speaker 3: It's on iPhone for free. So that's when I.
Speaker 1: Heard I can't give myself to play a game on my iPhone.
Speaker 4: Lucy and I played on phones with like during our girls' night thing that we do, and that was very cute because it was also like half of us explaining to the other half of the group how to play and but we the meta game was really just could we come up with the most audacious name possible?
Speaker 2: Quite surprisingly strong name filter, but we worked around though.
Speaker 5: I tried to name myself Shagatha Christie.
Speaker 1: What was it that didn't work?
Speaker 4: You hadn't another one that didn't I had another one, So Shagatha Christie was too long, obviously, so I was going to settle for Shagatha.
Speaker 5: It didn't accept shag.
Speaker 2: I remember what the other one was.
Speaker 5: What was it?
Speaker 2: Stevie nips?
Speaker 5: Oh, Stevie nips.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that didn't work either.
Speaker 3: Did you say, did you say Stevie nips or Steamy nips? Stevie Stevie nips is great?
Speaker 4: I yes, I did. I named my Balder's Gate character Sylvia Wrath. So those are my three roller Derby names. Basically, if I were to do roller Derby, be one of those three. The name filters on among us, though, just did not allow for that, so I settled on sham.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: We just you know, we had.
Speaker 4: Credit card, credit card. We had some ones we won't say here that did make it through the filter.
Speaker 3: Sam Sam, Well, we had big hole.
Speaker 2: Okay, I managed to get away with hot lips.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: I can't remember them.
Speaker 5: I can't remember those.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: Mummy was just mommy.
Speaker 5: Oh I was mommy for a little while. Yeah, Mommy was the greatest.
Speaker 1: Bringing back, like Jackbox memories of people just making absurd names, and you know, people making borderline offensive names while we're streaming for the kids during extra.
Speaker 3: Life, Has anyone tried naming themselves imposta.
Speaker 1: That's the big brain play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the big that's galaxy.
Speaker 2: So when we played, and I've never played it before where everyone doesn't use their real name, and it reminds me the first time I ever played was playing with Tam and a bunch of our friends and we were playing with two andyes, and they both picked the two different green shades, and so one of them was the impost and I remember walking past one of them on the way to a kill and I was like, I know it was an Andy, and I know he was green, but I don't remember which green or which Andy it was. Like, So that's a big brain wway of getting around that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So when you guys play, do you are you on Discord or Zoom or something like that, or do you try to leave that because I know that that kind of seems unfair or maybe not unfair, but like not the best, not the ideal way to play you.
Speaker 4: When I was playing last night, we just did like on Discord, talking only during meetings or like the two rounds, and then like when the shush icon comes up at the beginning of the game, like people just opted not to talk, and then we kind of started talking just about like random shit.
Speaker 5: One of them was like shush.
Speaker 4: We were like, oh, sorry, we were just talking about like anime. But I guess we're I guess, yeah, we probably shouldn't speak. But the first time I played with you, Jake, I was like not prepared at all, and when I died, I gasped, so I had to myself. And when when Lucy and I played, we all muted ourselves because I knew we were like talking about not doing it, and our friend Kristin turned a rather friend and was like, I know for a fact you won't be able to not talk. You're going to make a noise. You need to mute yourself.
Speaker 2: When we played last week, we played with like a big group. I was on kind of funny stream, so we were all in discord together, all muted. But if you you were also deafened. So we have it like where you if you play and you're you get killed in the game, you're not allowed to speak. But we set it up so if everyone else is deafened, the ghosts can just have like a little chat, which is quite nice, and most of it was just basically, oh my god, did Andy get you?
Speaker 5: Or like whoever.
Speaker 2: It's another way around doing it, but that's that is a fun game.
Speaker 1: My strategy would be just to not talk. Whether I'm it or not it, I just wouldn't. I played Project Winter, which is a similar idea, with Matt Paget, but we played with the Brandos. It was me and him in a discord channel, which broke the game because there's proximity chats, so we were able to communicate on the other side of the map, which was messed up. Hopefully the people we played with aren't listening now. But my strategy was not to say a goddamn word. Even if someone said anything to me, I would just freeze. And I was like, I'm I'm not even the imposter, but I'm not gonna I'm not gonna give this away. But yeah, Project Winner is pretty cool too, but it doesn't have that like ease of ease of use as among us. It sounds like like it takes a little bit more getting used to. But anyway, with that, Lucy, what have you been up to?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: I still going on with Persona five Royal in the background, But I've been playing Paradise Killer on Nintendo Switch. Oh it's so yoshous that you should play?
Speaker 5: Is it good on Switch?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 5: It is like.
Speaker 2: It took me a little bit to figure out what speed setting was good for me, because when I booted up it did make me feel sick. But I figured it out and now and now I'm doing good. The gist of it is, it's a Phoenix Right esque game, like you are an investigator called Lady Loved Lady Love Dies, which fantastic name, and you've basically been in exile for three million days I think it is, and you come back down to the world. You're summoned back to the world because someone has killed all of the syndicate who are like this high council. But the world is so wacky in that, like it's run by all these people, and the world gets like built and then destroyed, and then they make a new version, like and they're aiming to get this perfect version of the world. And then so all the characters, you know, there's a there's a sexy ex fighter who's now a kind of idol who has massive tits and a.
Speaker 5: Goat for a head okay, cosplay.
Speaker 2: Goals, cosplay goals. She's called like Crimson, and then there's you know, all these other people. There's like an architecture to talk to. There's old friends of yours. There's the Judge who's actually voiced by our friend Alicia Judge who's in it. She's I think the first character you talk to in the game, and it's soone nice just hearing her voice. But then yeah, you go around, you talk to everyone. There's a little bit of relationship building. You can chat with people, and like one character has a dog, for example, so you can just like pet the dog and talk to them. You have this cool there's a lot to take in. So you have this really good supercomputer type thing that just kind of clues you in on the world and keeps track of all your all the alibis. It like labels for you. What's an alibi breaker? You know you can go but apparently so I didn't do this. But you can just like start the game and go straight and do the trial and find out who the murder it is and I assume you just like bluffy your way through it, or you can, you know, spend how much time you want talking to everyone. Some parts of the island are locked off to you unless you collect enough blood crystals. Although also there's a big thing about demonology in it, because there are demons on the island and there's one called Shingy who just calm me.
Speaker 5: The one that gets in the robot.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's bunny now it's called Shingy. It's like this little blue menace and he love that little Blue Menace, and he's just around and just chats to you, chats shit to you. Basically it's not helpful at all, but it's Yeah, it's a really cool game. I'm really enjoying just kind of like doing it in little bits like twenty minutes here and there. But the murder mystery itself is really interesting, and there's a couple of other miscellaneous things to kind of unlock and get the full picture of what happened on the island. It's on Switching PC. It's very good.
Speaker 1: It kind of makes me think of in a very strange way. It kind of makes me think of Disco Elysium, just having heard you talk about it, Like, I'm sure that the humor is very different between the two, but.
Speaker 2: It's not as ever is disco ELEUSI. And we'll say that.
Speaker 3: Anything is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it reminds me a lot of the world, or at least the core tenants of the world. Remind me a bit of altered carbon a bit in that it's like this elite, mega rich who can't die and they're completely shook when someone does manage to kill one of them and they're all just covering and hiding for each other, and it's it's really cool, like and the music is fantastic and I only just remember that it's now on Spotify, so it's very good sound.
Speaker 1: Tram, how about you.
Speaker 3: I have been playing a little game called Tetris Effect, which I downloaded recently, again a very good game from two years ago. We were playing another game I'll talk about it in a bit, and I was playing with Peter, former managing eda Peter Brown of GameSpot, and we were talking about Tetris Effect and he was like, that should have been game of the year. And I was like, what was game of the year that year? And went back and firstly, that was two years ago and it was Red Dead Redemption. Yeah it was Red Dead Redemption and yeah, I was like a weird time poor all back to it. And so I've been playing that and it's just a very chill game that I'm enjoying a lot of I don't know why I got into it again. I think I just wanted something to switch my brain off and just play when I when I want to just kill some time. And it's also one of the few games that I feel like I can play while also doing like on my exercise bike, because I don't have to focus too hard and I can almost do it with just like a dpad and like easy psy and also like the music is good on it. So I've been kind of just vibing out with that, enjoying that. Obviously Tetris effect coming to Xbox Series X and one and that kind of stuff I think for soon with like new features and stuff, so I'm excited to check that out again. Beyond that, I've been playing Rainbow six each slowly getting into that game, playing with like Kelly and Jake and Matt Pagett and Peter Brown and sometimes Chris Prara jumps in as well, so we have a good group going there playing that game. It's fun. Like I'm getting big count Strike vibes from it again, I'm slowly like the muscles for playing that game in that way that start of game. I was starting to warm up again. Yesterday, for example, I had a pretty good session where I was like nailing like Pixel perfect headshots a bit more, and it was like we.
Speaker 4: Started the first time I played with you, and you were like, I'm not very good, and Peter was like, I'm no good at all either, and I was like, none of us are good except Matt, who was on Jake's also good, but Jake wasn't playing, and then you were. You proceeded to be extremely good, and.
Speaker 5: I was like, Okay, I'm actually not good though.
Speaker 1: Well, Peter's got Crouch tactic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Peters like Peter doesn't sneaky ship that I'm like, well, well into like he'll do some really like tricky like position enemies in the way he needs them to, but he'll also do stuff basic stuff like I'm just gonna like fully prone so they can't see me and then wait around the corner and they'll come running by it and be like.
Speaker 2: Too much. That's a man who's played a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. Yeah, I'm starting to understand the maps a bit more. I think that game is a lot of fun. I think that it's got some of the worst character designs I've ever seen. Like everyone that was.
Speaker 6: A Mother Efforts looks exactly the same, Like I'm just like, oh god, the same character eight times on this screen, and like the silhouettes are all the same, like everyone's wearing a helmet.
Speaker 3: And goggles or like, and then like sometimes the mettle picked like a ridiculous skin, and I'm like, that's just on the other end of the spectrum.
Speaker 4: Sometimes every time that will pick a ridiculous skin.
Speaker 1: Like I will say the operators have gotten more interesting in terms of design. That's not saying a lot, because they're still very much like I'm a military man or woman with a vest and a gun strapped to me in grenades, but at least they figured out pretty early on that they should probably show the operator's face so people can at least connect with them, as opposed to like the first twenty operators, we're all just wearing gas masks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the problem I have, Like I don't care about any of these characters. And that's the one thing that it really makes me appreciate how much effort goes into the over Watch character designs, just because like I can I can look at maybe like a single pixel of a character from of Watch and I can tell you which character that is.
Speaker 1: That's a video You're going to do that tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you if you gave me like full shot of each of the Siege characters, I probably could not tell you their names, like without a doubt. And I feel like that's an issue as well, Like and even like at a distance, I can't identify any of the characters yet they do something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do they do things?
Speaker 2: Do they do things that are distinct enough?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: They all have their own abilities, like your hair like that you know that, I don't know whatever, Lad like just throws or like puts that thing on the wall and it just pumps and bloats of grenades through into the room. And that's when I know, like that lad with lots of grenades is coming, and like that's why I'll say like something like that.
Speaker 4: I like to. So there's a couple of characters that look like people we know. There's one that looks like Aaron Sampson on the video team. There's one that looks like Dave Jewet in the UK.
Speaker 1: There's there's two that.
Speaker 3: Looks like Capital.
Speaker 1: It's so Maestro looks like Dave Drew when his hair was longer. But then the elite skin of Bandit has like shorter hair and a beard and that that also looks like Dave Dave.
Speaker 3: We did like a similar side by side image when they revealed Maestro where Dave was in the exact same pose, and we tweeted.
Speaker 2: I've just seen the picture. I've absolutely seen the final one.
Speaker 4: That's my favorite is I think it's cast who looks like if Gadge got Buff.
Speaker 5: Gadge used to work. He's on our team. He was like Google. Now he's just lovely.
Speaker 4: He's just wonderful, lovely, and but we're always like, oh my god, Buff Gadge is coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's It's just so many of those characters are completely indistinct. Also, at the start of everyone every round, everyone is screaming constantly, and it just drives me mad. It's like every little thing here, I'm just a ploying a trap forfication, Like why are you show?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought you meant like the actual people playing.
Speaker 1: And not the characters.
Speaker 3: And like at the same time, like someone is like destroying a wooden wall, another person's putting up like a metal frame, and it just sounds like hell on Earth.
Speaker 5: Love it because I always play Rook and Rook is the one who.
Speaker 4: Goes reinforced wall like in the background, and then and like yeah, you are putting up those metal things all the time. But one thing I do want to say about the characters being very hard to distinguish is that you do get to come up with fun nicknames for them, So I enjoy that.
Speaker 5: I'm always like, oh, Shortsman.
Speaker 1: Which is Shortsman, Jake Lesion.
Speaker 5: Jake, and Jake knows exactly.
Speaker 3: What I mean. That's that's the one good thing about playing in a group. You have to when you come up with those names, everyone has to collectively learn them. It's like Lucy, when we started calling Sigma Magneto, like it took a week for everyone. Yeah, it took a week for us to like assemble that. But now, like when I try, when I see that character, I forget he's called Sigma, and because I'm like, it's Magneto, I.
Speaker 2: Also make that unfortunate joke every time someone says Sigma.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's also the guy in Siege with the underpants for ahead.
Speaker 3: Is yeah, yeah, yeah, Bob, agent of Hydra, as I like to call it.
Speaker 4: And then my favorite character I know her name, which is Cavera Pererra, and we have a Chris Perera on our team, so I always think of Chris Perera when I see it Carvera. But she's also very very deadly and scary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not unlike Chris Perrera.
Speaker 1: To more you've also been playing something pretty cool. Yeah, I played it too, but.
Speaker 2: I played it too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Shout out to our very own Daniel Moreno, who is a three D modeler, I believe, and kids incredibly talented. So the Discord channel and the community there, if you want a invited discord, hit up one of us and d must and will get you on. But amazing people there there. He started a game jam a little while ago, and Daniel was working on something and he kind of put it out yesterday. I think we've all pretty much tweeted about it. Ed tweeted about it. Ie tweet about it, Lucy as Callie, I think you did as well, Jacob. But like he's kind of put together this like museum, like a small art gallery that's kind of dedicated to GameSpot and it's got like stuff in there that you can check out the artwork that he's done, like oh, screencaps that he's done from games and it's got like nice texts in there, and it's just like really impressive to walk through. And it's like really short and sweet but super heartfelt, and it's available for free. You can check it out and highly recommend doing so, and it's on PC. Takes like ten minutes to see it all. But it's really serene as well in there to that in the description as well, so good.
Speaker 2: It just felt so heartwarming to see it, Like it's really difficult to explain, but like knowing that he spends so much time on it, and I had kind of input from other people in the discord too, like Maria and Jacob and like, it's just really wonderful and also, I know you said it, but he's immensely talented.
Speaker 3: The first thing you see when you load in is the Kirk camera from Bloodborne. I was like, oh yeah, but there's like references, like subtle references to people on staff or just like things that you know that are call outs to us or the site, and it's just really nice. It's it's like it's easy to forget that we do have people who listen and watch our stuff that really care amongst the many many, many thousands of voices that don't or like engage with us. Because you know, in this day and age, when a lot of people coming in and out of our website is driven by Google and SEO and that kind of stuff, it can be really easy to lose connection with your community, and I think that's why we all love the discord so much, because it's like it's a tighter community in there of the people who have been around and really care and enjoy listening or watching, and like we enjoy interacting with them back and forth. And when you see them do something like this, like I don't know about you, but like this is the kind of thing that I used to want to do for people who work at game Spot when I was like reading it, and now I'm in a position where people are doing it for us, and it's like wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's super impressive. It's like I don't really know what I was expecting when he shared it because he left it pretty vague. It was just like here's the game Spot experience that I created based on this community, and when I got in it was like it was kind of emotional, honestly, like seeing someone put all that effort into that, like, I don't know, it's so cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I mean it also like on top of it being so special, because it's about like what we do, and a reminder that, like you said, Tam, like people actually listen, which I totally forget all.
Speaker 5: The time.
Speaker 2: Because that you know, but it's because the Internet.
Speaker 4: Because of the Internet, but also just being transported into a museum environment like that, and how effectively he was able to create that feeling. I mean, I know it's very like cheesy and overstated at this point, but like, not being able to go places really does take a toll on you, especially when it's been so many months that we haven't been able to have those experiences.
Speaker 5: And I love museums.
Speaker 4: It's my favorite part about traveling. I love going to museums in other cities, and so being able to kind of be transported into museum was also really special just in general. I mean, he's so supremely talented and he's done stuff like this before that's been really touching and this was just like the culmination of that so far for me. So shout out to you, Daniel Moreno.
Speaker 1: He also told me he's gonna add a battle pass in some DLC, so.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding this museum as a service.
Speaker 1: I've been playing a little bit of Super Smash Bros. Because they added Minecraft Steve in there.
Speaker 5: Which did you see his giants?
Speaker 1: Long? So I saw people tweeting about that, but I did not investigate further because he didn't.
Speaker 2: You didn't win his Minecraft Dve is what I'm here.
Speaker 3: I tweet about this, but I would give anything to just be there. When Sakarai woke up and saw that screenshow for the first time? Can you imagine his little face just being like.
Speaker 2: So given so tinfoil. I just don't think, mister Zacher, I wanted to put Minecraft Steve in. Yeah, He's made that very clear, and so I want to. I just imagine that, Like he saw that and he.
Speaker 6: Was like.
Speaker 3: I love the idea of him looking at it and being like penis.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Jake, are you enjoying playing a Steve besides the dick thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I only played as a couple of rounds of him.
Speaker 3: When he won.
Speaker 1: He just built the little house and I was like, oh, it's like Minecraft.
Speaker 3: So I just can you imagine what he's doing in that house.
Speaker 1: I don't want to think about it. I didn't think about it, but I will say he's pretty fun to play. I wasn't super excited for Minecraft Steve just because I don't know. I met this weird position with Super Smash Bros. Where I don't really care what they want to add next, because I feel like the Internet gets mad no matter what they do, and I don't want to add to that conversation at all. Plus they've added so many great characters, like the fact Joker is there, the fact that Hero is there I think are incredible, and Banjo KAZUOI, So I'm kind of content. Soon they announced Minecraft Steve. I don't know. I keep saying Minecraft Steve, but I was just kind of, yeah.
Speaker 4: Steve, I wish you would call him Steve Minecraft like SAMs Undertai.
Speaker 1: Okay, Steve Minecraft. I was kind of indifferent. I was like, I'll play this because I'll play any character they add in Super Smash Bros. But he's pretty fun. He does justice to Minecraft, I guess, like he digs and as you dig, b button is to dig, and as you dig you get material which you can craft upgraded weapons. So the first one you get is silver and you can make silver weapons, and then gold and then dime and those increase your attack, but they're kind of it's kind of the long game, right, like if you knock an opponent away, then you want to start digging, which I think is neat. One of my favorite things about these DLC characters is that they're really playing with the formula of how Super Smash Bros. Has played in an interesting way. I'm sure it drives people who play competitively crazy because of some of the weird stuff they've done, but I think it's a lot of fun. I think it's true to the character. There's some really cool moves. I don't know if I'll stick with playing Minecraft Steve for that long on Steve Minecraft, sorry for that long, because steven S Minecraft. This is just steven S Minecraft. There we go, that's it. Just because I play Lucina and I like Lucina and I like Bowser, like I already have the characters that I play.
Speaker 5: I don't don't forget Lucas. We can't forget Lucas.
Speaker 1: Lucas one of my favorites, one of Funky's favorite too.
Speaker 3: I tweet about this morning, but I read help that people use Steve Minecraft windscreen as a euphemism for Dick going forward. I want that to happen. So this guy's got big Steve Minecraft windscreen energy, and that's a big Steam Minecraft wind screen move slide into DMS slid. Yeah, send me, send me that, send me that Steve Minecraft wind screen image.
Speaker 5: I endorse that for sure.
Speaker 1: But other than that, I got a quest to. It came in the mail yesterday when it came out, and I messed around with a little bit. I'm I think it's cool. It's it's from what I've I've only played a couple of games, but from what I've done so far, it seems much better than the Quest one in most regards. I still got to figure out how to fit it on my head properly because it's little uncomfortable. But I think I I think that's a user error as your device, yeah, something.
Speaker 2: Chad's quest to.
Speaker 1: Exactly. But I think the biggest thing I like about it is that there's no screen door effect because they increase the pixel resolution and it got rid of the screen door effect. Or maybe my eyesight's just bad, but that for me is a game changer, because that was one of the things that bugged me the most with the Quest was that that resolution was not terrible, but it also wasn't that good. So if you focus too much, you just see pixels and that's distracting. It kind of takes you out of the experience with the Quest too. I haven't noticed that yet. Maybe if I really focused, I could see it. But you know, so far it's been a good experience. I actually am curious to try Alex. I think that's the next thing I'm gonna do. I'm gonna see how Alex works on that. But it's also much lighter too. Overall, I think it's just much smarter designed. It's cheaper, which is great. I honestly think, like, if you're interested in VR, this is definitely the way to go. Because the original Quest was great because it was disconnected from a PC. There were no wires, it was very easy to set up, and I think that's I think that's VR going for. I think that's how you have to position VR. And the Quest too just seems like it iterates on just about everything in very good ways.
Speaker 2: But will it make me sick?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean so they.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that question from eight year old for some reason, will it make me sick?
Speaker 2: I've been watching him. I've been watch him in some blind manner, so you should be thankful that I didn't say.
Speaker 3: But but it sounds perfectly splendid.
Speaker 1: I will say it does do ninety hurts now, or I think it should at some point.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I feel like there may have been an update for the ninety Hurts, but that should make things smoother in theory, so that should help. However, I mean, you know, you use faeries right like. It could make you sick. It may not make you sick. I don't. I don't really know. For me, it doesn't make me sick right now. The biggest thing I'm struggling with is a headache after I play for a bit because I can't get it on my head properly apparently, But I'm going to figure that out after this podcast. Chad Cranium, Well, with that, should we move on to the topic for this week? All right, So the first and only thing we're going to talk about in this section is the Mass Effect. The legendary edition was rated in Korea. We're all big Mass Effect fans here. We've been waiting for any sort of hint, anything we can get about a trilogy. In fact, I think we've fantasized about our perfect Mass Effect trilogy on this podcast numerous times. So this is big. I'm not getting my hopes up, because that'll only it'll only cause pain.
Speaker 2: You don't want to do, Like, who's that the kidd in't be trauma where it's like, oh you raised my hopes and them Yeah, flendid Lisa.
Speaker 1: But based on the rumors, it's a current generation remaster that will include Mass Effect, Mass Effect two, and Mass Effect three, not Andromeda. Who would have thought? Recent suggests that the game has slipped into an early twenty twenty one release after previously being planned for Holiday twenty twenty season. I haven't here an N seven day announcement. It's gotta be. If this is a thing, I imagine I'll announced it end seven day. If not, why the hell do we even still have N seven day?
Speaker 5: We have it's a Saturday, so I freaking hope not.
Speaker 3: Oh no, is it a Saturday?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have to be on a six day. Let's let's do nd sixth day and sixth day.
Speaker 5: The thing that trips me up is current gen.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I don't know this is This is from the game spot story that I pulled. I don't know what it was sourced to. I didn't look, but.
Speaker 3: It's it's the Korean rating board mentioned stuff like that and there's been reports on it previously about it from various outlets.
Speaker 2: Poor Jeff grub just yelling into the he posted, he tweeted today because he's the guy who works at game Beat who's been, you know, adamant that this is coming for so long.
Speaker 3: I did not change the name of that website to grub hub. I don't know.
Speaker 2: With two b's though, but no, he tweeted out today, Korean ratings board bigger than Jeff Grub.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 3: Guy like I.
Speaker 2: In the same boat as Jake where it's like, I'm not I'm never gonna get my hopes up because at the minute I'm a glass half empty type person. But I could fuck with Mass Effects again.
Speaker 1: In fact, I installed mass Effect one before for this podcast because I was like, I should replay that game.
Speaker 5: Really, I might do that too.
Speaker 3: If you're playing on PC, there are a deluge mods which you can to improve things that really.
Speaker 1: Including controller support, because there's no controller support on the original PC version. That being said, though, I I hope this happens, but I hope they do some work with mass Effect one. I know it was rumored that Mass Effect one would be getting some sort of updated treatment, and we've talked about it before, but I hope you start out the game, you create your Shepherd, and you just play through Mass Effect one, two, and three all in one go. There's no like credits in between.
Speaker 3: No, you can't do that. There's gotta be a time skip between one and two.
Speaker 1: Well, sure you can do that, but I don't want, like I don't know launching three step three separate games like I envisioned this like full Mass Effect trilogy experience.
Speaker 3: Just get SpongeBob in there, ten years let out.
Speaker 1: Or maybe an option you can just play through all of them chronologically, or you can pick probably make more.
Speaker 2: What is the time difference?
Speaker 3: Did It's not that much. It's not that much, but there definitely is, right because Shepherd dies.
Speaker 2: No no, no, But like at the end of end of one, you just kind of Sarah and you piss off on the Normandy, and then at the start Mass Effect too, you're you're still in control. You're on the Normandy SR one and you go and investigate something that you assume as a gath or reaper thing, and then the break there is like after you in recovery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like I think there is time between one and two where you're off doing ship because you're by the time, because I remember when you picked up two, you're raised up as being way more important to the galaxy than where you ended. You end mass effect one as like, all right, it's because ladder or ladder whatever you may pick. Last No, ladder is the thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And also like if you change less, you don't get the satisfying, you know, feeling of saying lady. I mean you could say lad for a female as well.
Speaker 5: So apparently yeah, I'd be a lad for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Shepherd trilogy takes place from twenty one eighty three to twenty one eighty six, so it looks like it looks like a year each each game.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: But also the DLC two is something that like it would be nice to have that sort of more seamlessly integrated into the experience, just because even with the Batarians, I kind of like that deal.
Speaker 4: C Listen, listen, we need to get to the important question is, which is what are they gonna do with the scenes where the camera is just on Miranda's ass, I.
Speaker 2: Mean genetically modified as I.
Speaker 3: Think you can. I think there's a really sensitive way of handling that, and it's by adding gray racing.
Speaker 4: I just think personally, like like, there's a couple of ways they could really beef up the ass. They could update the ass, or they can you know, they could change it's an important asset.
Speaker 3: I think what they do is they take a page out of aase Ventura and make Miranda do like a voice out of a ass.
Speaker 2: She it's me, Hi there, I'm doctor Cheeks. I'm just doing arounds and I'm a little behind.
Speaker 3: I'll show you the ass effect.
Speaker 2: That, unfortunately is a subreddit that exists, and it's people just taking the models from the game and doing weird sex stuff with.
Speaker 3: How long has this existed for?
Speaker 4: I have that TikTok audio that's like, do you need a break from the ass? I'm going yes, And that's how I feel about those scenes. Also, Jake, are you going to do a if this is true thing that's happening? Are you going to do a saddist party?
Speaker 5: Reducs Oh, I should not have gone in that.
Speaker 1: Described you as what you saw?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no no no, make it, make.
Speaker 1: It try your best.
Speaker 5: Yes, actually, yes, go.
Speaker 3: There's a a a subset of Japanese eroticism that's called study I think it's called yeah in which characters have both parts. Oh no, yeah, I study because it means both of us. I think, yeah, but yeah, that's immediately they're like, straight away, what character I have to go back in there to see you have to be it's Ashley and Miranda. There is a lot of Miranda in here, she's very popular, and a lot of Samus. What are you doing? Oh man, I need to clear my.
Speaker 1: Cookies immediately because history too set your computer in fire.
Speaker 3: Just throw this out. He's going to be like, oh, where's that gaming laptop I gave you? Well, I went to ask a slash asked effect this one time, and I had.
Speaker 2: To go.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's move on to listener questions, and we're back with listener questions. If you've got any questions for us, you can email us at after Dark Podcast at GameSpot dot com, or you can join a discord by dming any one of us except for Kelli. Kelly, do you want to take the first question here?
Speaker 4: This question comes from Eric's song Hi, after Dark Crew. It's been a while since I've heard questions from Shrewell. It's been a while since I've heard questions from email, not Discords, So I'm not sure if this will get through to you, but I'm going to give it a shot.
Speaker 5: While it did get through to us Eric.
Speaker 4: After hearing the discussion about crunch controversy over Cyberpunk twenty seventy seven, part of me was not surprised given the level of work and details on the game. But I also agree with Timor's comment on how disappointing this is given how CDPR tried not to have crunch time. I think this is mostly due to the release date being announced too early, and one or two delays maybe acceptable, but I guess CDPR has already used that card too many times and has to restart to crunching. So my question is why do publishers often announce release dates too early. Nobody can predict the future, so I guess they believe that the release date was doable back then. But surely they've learned their lessons by now I can make better decisions on how to plan their release windows. My second question comes with a disclaimer that I am a PlayStation in PC gamer and never had an Xbox with Xbox Game Pass offering a huge ri I have Xbox games on PC. I don't see the reason to buy the Xbox. If I want to play Heylo or Gears of War, then I'd rather play it on my PC. I do not want to start a war between Xbox and other gamers, but I genuinely want to know and understand the gamers that have the gamers I have little opportunity to get to know. Keep up the good work, and I hope all of you will stay safe. Best regards Eric's song.
Speaker 5: Thank you for the question, Eric, Thank you, Eric.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you want to start with the Xbox one first, because that might be a little easier to answer. Yeah, I mean we talked about this at length to I think someone in the discord asked us how they should spend their money, whether or not should be a PC or Xbox. But yeah, I mean, if you've got a good PC, I don't know why you'd win an Xbox. You can play all those games on your PC at probably I mean, I don't know, I haven't tested out the series X, but probably pretty close to what the Series X can do if you've got a nice enough PC. So I don't get an Xbox.
Speaker 2: I mean it's just the price. Really, like a decent a rig that's going to be running better than at least a Series X will cost you a couple thousand dollars. But a Series X is what six five hundred dollars, Series S is three hundred. Like it's yeah, maybe you'll have the money eventually, but if you're looking for I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Also, like people want to play in front of their TV. Maybe use it as a media unit, you know, put Netflix and YouTube and whatever on there. But I mean, now the barriers are so much lower because you can do cross play between the two.
Speaker 3: So also, PCs can be very temperamental, Like I mean, if you're.
Speaker 2: All that chat recently on the old timeline, yeah, if not just like not just Greg, like a bunch of people who've been tweeting today about how difficult it is to get their pieces.
Speaker 3: If if you're an experience, if you have a lot of experience with PC gaming that kind of stuff, you're probably fine, like, but if you're like new to it, like I would, I would come in like slightly worried about whether things are going to go my way, you know, like from day to day it can be a bit weird.
Speaker 1: I feel like now's not the time to get in on PC as well, Like, if you don't play PC and you want to get a PC, I don't know if now would be the best time, just because there's all these consoles that are coming out that are cheaper and almost as powerful as some of the higher end PCs. So it's kind of I'd kind of wait a little bit.
Speaker 5: Maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I see both arguments, Like I don't necessarily feel this way about PCs, but I mean I have definitely been frustrated by my PC before, and like part of it is just like feeling dumb when you can't troubleshoot something, especially if you built it yourself. Getting something like a pre built PC can often be more expensive. You have to there's a lot that goes into understanding what you're paying for with a PC. So I do understand how that can get overwhelming for people. And I think Lucy was the one who mentioned this, like the bang for your buck with regard to like perform, like to get comparable performance out of a PC is going to be more expensive for the time being. But I also think, like, yeah, I'm the kind of person like I like to have a media unit, I like to play. I mean, there's a lot of games I really like playing with a controller, like sitting on the couch. I don't know, But I also have to get everything for work, So I'm probably not the person to really speak on why you would want an Xbox over a PC space maybe for some people, I don't know, you don't have like a dedicated desk setup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is another thing to consider, right, Like, especially now when people a lot of people are working from home all day, Like I'm sitting in front of my computer all day, I can understand why someone might want to step away from their computer and sit in front of their television and play Xbox as opposed to just opening up a different application on their computer and playing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you go from bad screen to good screen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like honestly, I've been playing about Boldes gaate Resend, and while I'm loving it and having a really good time with it, I was like, oh, I could be playing this, like I don't have my own couch in here in my bedroom, but like I'm playing it in bed, and so like I do actually have a Stadia code, and I was genuinely considering playing it through Stadia. I don't even have a Stadia at.
Speaker 3: Least they will be one person playing Stadia then jeez, and.
Speaker 5: It would be me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I I also like I prefer playing games on screens that are closer to me, so like a PC or like handheld, because I'm near sighted and so I always feel like a little too far away from the TV to play games, especially like something like Person of five where I'm like I want to read every single thing and I'm like sitting there kind of straining. So, but I also love to play things in bed, so like for me, handheld is the solution there. Like I just play a lot of games on Switch, but with the right like living room set up at tea is also fine. And then there's like playing co op with people co op games, it's a lot easier to do with a console. I don't know, there's different reasons whatever flirs your book.
Speaker 2: This first question though, So why the publishers often announced release dates too early? Ah, it's probably the money decision. You have to release a certain amount in said financial year.
Speaker 1: Investment.
Speaker 2: And yeah, like you basically have those investicles, which are weird because like they kind of work completely opposite to how pr and marketing work, is that you usually find out how many games are going to be coming from a certain publisher because of their investicles where they're like, EA, for example, isn't notorious for this because they're always like, yeah, we're going to be releasing another FIFA, We're going to be doing this, We're going to be doing whatever in this financial year, so you know it's going to be within is it like April to d of March each year. So those are like setting up expectations for the amount of games released, which means you can kind of get set expectations for the money that will be paid for those games, and then the poor developers just have to catch up and hopefully hit those milestones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of the you know, depends on what type of company you are, if you're publicly traded or you're private, but investors want to know what is on the way and it helps them scale their business decisions based on that, and often like the the the you know, a company will say these are the games that we expect to release and as part of that, the kind of the financial side of it they have to make for looking forecasts for revenue streams and that kind of business, and they need to factor in the kind of you know, cdpr or or you know, a CD project as a whole will say we expect to at least cyberpunk during this period, and because of that, we expect to make this much money during this time, which helps the investors kind of understand what's going on with the company that they're invested in. Obviously, slips happen as a result of that, and a lot of times, like the kind of resources change, and like the conditions around creating the game change. Sometimes even the game itself can change and scale to be even more ambitious of less ambitious based on that, And often the kind of projected financial decisions and kind of release dates are quite rigid. Most people get away with a couple of release dates, but you can only do delay so many times before one investor start getting pissed off, and two it affects your marketing and ongoing like strategies around that stuff. You can't keep delaying it. If you know the Burger King is going to be bringing out a thousand consoles ps five consoles to give away, you know, and stuff like that, And you know scrill X wants to announce season whatever game who is it in in Cyberpunk, it's crimes isn't it Grimes Grimes, Grimes wants to do a tweet that she's in cyberpunk. You can't delay that, you know, that kind of thing. So that's pretty much why it happens for the most part anyway, and it is. It is a thing that's really hard to predict for developers, and some sometimes they get put in weird situations where they have no choice but to delay, or they have no choice but to stay on track and launch a game that's busted or is compromises in some way or requires some or could have done with extra time in the oven to be even better if it is a good game already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like a lot of it too, just comes down to game development being hard, right, Like, just because something sounds easy on paper doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be easy to execute on And obviously this is speculation, right because I've never worked at a studio or anything like that, but I've heard lots of stories about how hard game development actually is, and sure, like maybe this engine is going to make things easier in theory, but when it actually comes down to it, like the developers actually want to do something slightly different, which means they have to restructure the engine in order to fit that, and it can get very complicated and it can weigh down a lot of people.
Speaker 4: You also just have the factor of like mismanagement of time totally. You know, that's you know, that's the simplest explanation with that is I think that's also part of it is just not all managers manage their time and the production schedule well. And that's certainly a possibility too.
Speaker 2: This is from Wholesome Jacob. In the discord, You'll have had some amazing guests on the podcast. Which guests are you still trying to.
Speaker 5: Get on the show?
Speaker 1: So I didn't want to like spoil our plans of who we want, but I figured we can kind of just shoot for the stars and say some dream guests that we'd like to have on this show.
Speaker 7: Just ja.
Speaker 5: Jack Black, Oh, Jack.
Speaker 3: Head to talk a mia Zaki.
Speaker 1: That would be good too, Pretty good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be.
Speaker 5: Great Jack Black again, Big Phil.
Speaker 3: Big Phil. I would love to get Big Big Phil on.
Speaker 2: I just think, you know what, I think Big Phil would be a laugh.
Speaker 3: I've interviewed Big Phil.
Speaker 1: He goes on GM's Unlocked every now and then. Why can't we.
Speaker 3: Get him here, what's going on?
Speaker 1: We'll only talk about Xbox and.
Speaker 3: We won't if we got him on and asked him only PlayStation questions, that would sick good for Full's episode.
Speaker 4: I really enjoyed interviewing Pete Hines at Hines is good value.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 2: Chat with with the Bill t Todd Howard, But god, get have you ever seen the interview where so E three a couple of years ago when what was it Fallout? What was it when they announced Starfield? I don't remember what it was?
Speaker 5: Was Cross six?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they did that and Starfield at the same time, and like it was the one with Andrew w K. I remember that, and Todd Howard like walks out and they've got the smoke machine and Rob Handleery games. What's very own edited this video together of Todd Howard walking out to it. We won't get fooled again?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Uh?
Speaker 2: And that very E three. Tam interviewed Todd Howard and at the end of this interview he shows him the video. So we've got this like live reactions from Todd and Todd is like, I just don't I just don't think he's aware of how big of a meme he is.
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 2: That was the year as well where he wore that fantastic leather jacket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Like it was a news article on the side about here's where Todd's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I shot it, but he's not on Twitter, so all this stuff is like he doesn't see it.
Speaker 8: That was the E three where I landed in and then like immediately came in like met up with Jake and then went into that interview, and I was like dying.
Speaker 3: I was like falling asleep until like.
Speaker 1: I remember being on the plane for the Nintendo Direct.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Jesus, I would I would do that all again. Yeah, after the last year, through that easily.
Speaker 2: In terms of like people I would love to get on the podcast, like Developer wise, I always love talking to Jeff.
Speaker 3: Kaplan, Harvey Smith is, Harvey.
Speaker 2: Smith is fantastic. I love Harvey Smith, anyone from our Robert Pattinson. I don't know why I am in a big Robert Pattinson place in my life right now.
Speaker 3: Same Robert handlery.
Speaker 2: Handler, get him on.
Speaker 3: In terms of like other people in the industry, will right is good?
Speaker 5: Aoco would be good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's in the industry. She likes animal crossing. Hey, she plays, she plays League Jesus and Mirro get them on. Yes, I would love to interview Jesus and Mirror.
Speaker 2: We've had the last podcast guys on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, always fun.
Speaker 1: I want I want a one on one podcast with with Henry Cavill where we talk about the Witcher three.
Speaker 5: Yes, Oh my god, make that happen please, it would be so good.
Speaker 1: And then the other one for me is I mentioned in Discord too, but I'd love to have any of the Red Letter Media guys on because I think they're hilarious and I love that channel. But as Jean Luke pointed out, I was like, yeah, they might be a little problematic for her for our was like, I guess I can see that.
Speaker 4: But the macaelroys, specifically, specifically Griffin. I would have anything to get Griffin on here to talk about Pokemon with me.
Speaker 1: Hopefully hopefully Travis and Justin don't listen to this and like, well, all right, I guess just Travis.
Speaker 5: And Justin too.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying Griffin and I could talk.
Speaker 5: About Pokemon, is all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'd love to get the Girlfriend Reviews team. That'd a lot of fun. Hold up a minute, I.
Speaker 2: Mean like if we're talking about pals r KG.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, but that's just good friends.
Speaker 2: I haven't spoken to him a few days.
Speaker 3: Corey Barlock. I think Corey is always fun to chat to.
Speaker 1: Is friend of the show, Andrew Goldfard friend of the show Andrew.
Speaker 3: Get him in, Get him in.
Speaker 5: I've tried my best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Last question here from Chase, also on Discord. If you guys go could make a movie, If you guys could, oh my god, if you guys and gals could make the video game of your dreams. Then, in this budget, based on an existing IP, movie, book, TV game, et cetera, what kind of game would you make?
Speaker 2: Well Lost the.
Speaker 1: Video game's Boxer, I'm sure based on something that already exit. My answer is Elden Ring.
Speaker 4: My first thought was Hustler's the Video Game, because my dream is just I just really want a GTA game where I get to be the stripper, but I'm gathering intel.
Speaker 5: By fooling men.
Speaker 4: I think that would be a fun way to iterate upon the GTA formula. Rock Star if you're listening, but up, but Hustlers is the movie that did that.
Speaker 3: So I think you could make a really good demolition man game. I would say either the coalition could do that or people can fly. I've thought about this long and hard. I feel like the TV show Supernatural is very primed for a co op shooter where magic and third person shooting is the vault. I think Remedy would be amazing for that.
Speaker 2: Well about this, if you made notes about.
Speaker 3: This, I have an actual pitch for Supernatural, Like I've got a full pitch Sam. Sam is a magic user primarily, so he uses he basically in a preparation phase, will put on traps, traps down so he could do like salt windows. He has his book which he can read from spells. Dean is mainly crowd control. He's got a variety of weapons. The first set piece begins on a moving train where they start on both ends and they have to move towards each other towards the middle where there's a summoning circle or entrapment circle in the middle and they need to bring they basically to funnel the demons into that so then Sam can use his book to destroy them. I have got many many ideas about this.
Speaker 5: God, I didn't know you liked Supernatural.
Speaker 3: Incredible? I love I love Supernatural. I think Remedy would be amazing for that. There's what else is there? I've got so many ideas for this stuff. I'll leave it at that for now.
Speaker 2: Don't want to, you know, spill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean like PLANTINUM games, PLANTINUM Games on Blade, I think is a pretty good win win situation. Avatar the Last Airbender.
Speaker 2: Yes, someone's someone's making that, someone making.
Speaker 3: It in dreams, Yeah, which is incredible. I doubt Sorry, that would be super Giant Games doing Avatar because they could do the pire stuff to do like different mini games, Like if they did Cora, they could do blood bending, not blood bending, a pro bending for example. If they did the original, they could just have a really impressive like world Worb narration from like different characters.
Speaker 5: Air bending sport that can play.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I want an Avatar video game where you like it's like a Biowere style, like old Biowere style, like you you speck into like you're you're the Avatar and you're specing into like what.
Speaker 5: Like nation you're born into.
Speaker 2: I would like a Bottlestar Galactica game like but like a because I know there is a Battlestar Electicca game, but I want it in the vein of something as in depth as Mass Effect, where it's an RPG and like you legit don't know who is a cylon, and it'd be so good if it was randomized, So you can't just immediately go on and be like, oh, hey is this person asylon? Like your entire crew is completely randomized. Who's a cylon? And like taking hints from the BSG board game where you have people, the people who are cylons either know their asylon from the very beginning, or like Boomer, they're sleeper agents and they get awoken at certain points in the story. And then you also get to do dog fighting ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we combine that with my idea and you can sleep with everyone to see if they're a cylon or not.
Speaker 7: Yes, if they get if they get the red the red spine doesn't like oh silence, they're completely unable to discern from humans except when they fucking they get a bright red spot.
Speaker 4: I just and one last thing I want to throw out there once again, RGG, please make Cabaret Club full game experience. Yes, yes, yes, I would pay full price for that experience.
Speaker 3: I would.
Speaker 1: I want a Daredevil game they got there was supposed to be a day level game for PS two, but it got canceled, and I think like an Insomniac Dared level game might be pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Insomnia, I could definitely do because like the Sly Cooper movement works perfectly for Matt Murdock.
Speaker 1: There we go. That's been Episode six and three games Spot after Dark. Thank you all so much for joining, and thank you guys for listening before we go. Kelli whork and people find you on Twitter and what are you working on?
Speaker 4: You can find me on Twitter at Inky Dogico, I n k y d o j I k k oh and I once again, I'm just working on kind of back end stuff, always editing. There's just a lot happening in you know, very soon, and I'm stressing out about that. So yeah, not a whole lot of exciting, but you know, continue to read GASBA reviews.
Speaker 1: Lucy, how about you.
Speaker 2: I'm on Twitter at Lucy James Games this week, Jen next it is a month. We're month out from next gen consoles some more.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: You can find me on Twitter at H's question. Oh Dan, I don't know, I don't do anything. You can find me online at more. H.
Speaker 1: You can find me at Jacob dec and more Cyberpunk more videos. I just put up one on brain Dance that is pretty interesting in my opinion, so make sure to check that out, and we have another one that should be up tomorrow if you're listening to this on Friday, about the weird gangs in Cyberpunk, and let me tell you, there are some weird gangs that we probably won't see in the game, but still it's still fun. And if you've got any questions for us, make sure to email us at actually Dark podcast at games about dot com. In with that, we will see y'all next week.