Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Dan Ray.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you easy Boston's Radio.
Speaker 3: Willa was an ugly day on Wall Street today. It just was an ugly day. There's just no way to look at it. The stock market has been up and down for the last I don't know, at least the last three or four weeks, has had some big days, but generally those are recovery days, and then the next day it gets worse. Today was the worst on the dal Jones was down two point zero eight percent, let's just call it two percent, the NASDAC down and even four percent. That's what they call the tech heavy at S and P five hundred down two point seven percent. So I don't know how far we have to go back to find a worst day at the stock market. But the irony is that whatever was going to happen today probably became worse because of a couple of questions that the President dealt with yesterday. He was on one of the Sunday morning talk shows and he was asked about the possibility of a recession, and you could see again, I don't know who prepped him for the well, it certainly should have anticipated that. So let me play the SoundBite which probably was heard around at least Wall Street. Cut number twenty. Rob, let's go to that.
Speaker 4: Got the Atlanta Federal Reserve, say we're going to have a contraction in the first quarter. Look, I know that you inherited a mess and.
Speaker 3: I've only been here too far.
Speaker 4: Are you expecting a reception this year?
Speaker 5: I hate to predict things like that. There is a period of transition because what we're doing is very big. We're bringing wealth back to America. That's a big thing, and there are always periods of it takes a little time. It takes a little time, but I think it should be great for us. I mean I think it should be great.
Speaker 3: Well, it wasn't great today, mister President, that's for sure. Also again, I just think the normally Trump is much more adept at answering questions. This is one other SoundBite from that interview. This is a cut number twenty one. Again, I think that these are the two answers that shook an already shaky stock market, and it may continue tomorrow. Cut twenty one.
Speaker 4: Please, Rob, before you came into the Oval office the first time, you were a very successful businessman, very successful real estate executive, and a lot of people said, oh, this is the business president.
Speaker 3: This is it.
Speaker 4: He's watching the stock market. He knows all about you know, he doesn't want the.
Speaker 3: Market to go down.
Speaker 4: And now we've got tariffs and the market has been going.
Speaker 6: Down, well not much.
Speaker 3: I mean, in all fair you.
Speaker 4: Said, look, we're going to have a disruption, but we're okay with that. Is that what you meant the stock market going down as the disruption? What are the disruptions were you alluding to?
Speaker 3: Look, what I have to.
Speaker 5: Do is build a strong country. You can't really watch the stock market. If you look at China, they have one hundred year perspective. We have a quarter who we go by quarters. That's true, and you can't go by that. You have to do what's right. What we're doing is we're building a tremendous foundation for the future.
Speaker 3: Tremendous foundation. Well, there were a lot of people who were watching the stock market today, I'm sure, and I suspect there were a lot of people who bailed out today. I'm not giving any any stock advice.
Speaker 6: But.
Speaker 3: If you're in there for the long term, hopefully it will turn around. But when he said it, well, it hasn't been much two percent in one day on the Dow, four percent in one day on Nasdaq, almost three percent on the S and P. I mean, we haven't seen a day like this in a long time, and I think that I don't. I mean, the futures tomorrow are not looking at some sort of robust rebound, that's for sure. The rebounds have gotten weaker every time the market has tanked. So the question is this is the administration going too fast and too furiously to harken back to an administration of a few a couple of terms ago, They're cutting everything they can find. I think that the President has recognized that and has slowed down a little bit on that. In terms of the tariffs, Canada now has a new leader of the Liberal Party, and by virtue of that, at least for a short term, a prime minister until an election is held. But the tariffs, we're fighting with Mexico, fighting with Canada, fighting with China. Doesn't sound to me as if Canada, Mexico or China are scared or intimidated. I wish I knew more about tariffs. I think that they have traditionally been used by folks on the other side of the isle, presidents on the other side of the isle, but he slapped him on. He's threatened more. He got the tariffs. China the other day said that they were ready for a war with the US, any type of war. That chilled the market one day last week as well. So I just would love to just chat about this. Are you concerned or are you not concerned? This has had where we are yet, We're ten days away from the two month mark, and I think that there's been a lot of action and a lot of activity, a lot of bluster. I haven't seen much results as yet, but maybe some of you have. So here are the numbers six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. I thought that his speech to the Joint Session of Congress the other night was pretty effective, and I thought the Democrats looked pretty inept and impotent sitting there with their signs. I wasn't sure if they thought they were at an auction or not holding up their signs. But the last few days have been tough for the stock market by extension, tough for the country, and certainly tough for this administration. And I think that he probably couldn't say, yeah, we'll headed for a recession, whether he thoughts it or not. But I think we took a big step taught a reception following his somewhat evasive answer, love to get your reaction to it. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Believe me, the stock market effects everyone. It's just not the we're wealthy that are in the stock market. If you are a union member, uh and you'r uh your four one k is in the stock market, or any sort of investment that you might have, Uh, it's affecting everyone. We'll be back on nightside. Let's get the phone calls going. Six months, seven two thirty, six, seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. I think we'll have a little group psychology for the next couple of hours and let's see where it leads us. Back on nightside right after this. Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio. Go to the phone. See what my listeners think about the stock market today. It's been a rump, bumpy ride down and it was a big drop today. Let's go to Tom in West Virginia. Tom, I'm sure you get some investments in the market what do you think?
Speaker 7: Yeah, my Ira, I have an IRA. It's down seven percent. Am I going to sit there and cry spill milk over? No? And it was a couple of years ago where it lost almost eighteen percent. However, whatever happened during the Biden administration, things got better. So I'm not going to sit there and like, oh my god, I gotta.
Speaker 8: Act that money.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, but look, the worst day to sell is a day after a day like today.
Speaker 7: However, yeah, right, and you know what I'm going on here.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of stuff going on here. Okay, So tariffs, you got the car, you got all of that, go.
Speaker 7: Ahead, okay, So all right, So here's the point. Canada they pay one point three percent of their gross somatic GDP, and they're a member of NATO. For their defense, they're supposed to pay two percent. They have all kinds of tariffs on our goods. And what Trump is doing with tariffs? Listen up very closely, union members. Okay, union members. Remember when the af of l CIO said back in the nineties, fair trade not free trade. Hello, union members.
Speaker 3: Hello, Tom, we got it.
Speaker 8: No, no, all right, do be your.
Speaker 3: Favorite Tom, all right, don't try to like take the microphone away and make a speech, make a conversation.
Speaker 7: That's no, okay, all right, all right, But but anyway, the point being is what he's doing with the tariff, they are a negotiating tool. These tariffs are not forever. And what he is doing is he's basically browbeating Canada and Mexico. That know, you open your markets to us for goods that we can sell into your country, and the goods that you make you can sell into our country where they are totally tear a free. That is not a bad thing.
Speaker 3: And but Tom, Tom, let's have a conversation. Let's have a conversation.
Speaker 7: I'm having Go ahead, Hell, you know you're.
Speaker 3: Making a speech. You make I feel like I'm in a campaign rally.
Speaker 7: Let's make it.
Speaker 3: Let's have a conversation. The other day, the president of Mexico, I noticed, returned about twenty cartel members who they had in custody. Now I think the president was asked after that did he have a response, And I think that he should have taken advantage of that and said, okay, that's a sign of good faith. Let's let's get let's get a conversation going. And I think that if he wants to play hardball with some of these countries, I think that's, you know, fine, but you also have got to recognize when one of them says, hey, we'll do this or we'll do that. And I just think that sometimes, you know, half a loaf is better than none. So again I agree, will hopefully move us towards towards a faaroh marketplace. Okay, but this and what what?
Speaker 7: Okay? So what you're telling me is the Mexican president was a pragmatist that gave up twenty cartel members. I don't know how many cartel members are there, Okay? And do I support okay, do I support this current president saying the Mexican drug cartels are terrorist organization? I fully support that. I agree, and it is okay. So if I look back on my history as a union member, as a member of the ib E W that totally opposed NAFTA, what did Barack Obama say as a presidential candidate in two thousand and eight to a crowd at the a f of L c IO convention that summer, he said, the first thing I will do as president is reno renegotiate the NATA trade agreement. NAFTA destroyed manufacturing unions in this country.
Speaker 3: Might have no question about that. And Bill Clinton, thank you, and Newt Gingridge pardon me for interrupting, But Bill Clinton and new Gingrish, both Democrats and Republicans, were on board with that. If George Bush had been president, the Democrats would have risen up and stopped NAFTA. They didn't because they was a Democratic president and it was a disaster.
Speaker 7: Yes, And in need I remind you that people like John Curry said that if we have most favored trading with China, they will become more of a democracy, less likely to build up the military.
Speaker 3: Okay, all of that is true. That all of that is true.
Speaker 6: Okay, look, maybe maybe.
Speaker 3: Six weeks from now the market will have recovered everything, uh, and that that everyone has agreed on fair trade. And at that point, when that happened six weeks from now, I want you to call me back and say, Dan, I told you so. But I think right now, seeing the reaction of the market today, we are gonna have I think we're in for some chopping waters. That's all. I'm glad to get your perspective, but I got to get.
Speaker 7: The book, all right, But what one real quick point. Okay, we were told to accept mandates of electric cars. It didn't work, and we were laying a guilt trip on that. Okay, so now I'm going to lay a guilt trip on all the people. Have faith in Trump. I think he has the nation's interest at heart. Thank you to see what that.
Speaker 3: Thanks Tom, appreciate it. Let me go next to Bill and Danvers. Bill, you were next on nights. I get you here before the break at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Bill, Ye yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 6: Particularly ready to jump off any buildings or bridges. I mean, I turned fifty this week or this past week, and I probably got a while to go. I don't particularly pay attention. And the way I look at it, if it goes down another even ten percent, I can grab more and on the upswing whenever that is, I'll be better off, you know, dollar cost averaging.
Speaker 3: So whatever the fund's doing, and absolutely.
Speaker 6: And and you know it takes twelve to eighteen months to really move to your car. I think Wall Street maybe it's a little over. Maybe they're following the press and the hype, because I mean, the mother's milk of stocks is corporate profits. And if you look at the last few quarters, most of corporate America looks pretty healthy. Now they go a quarter or two and despites into their profit margins, then I can see a reason for correction, because again, you.
Speaker 8: Know, the margins on is good.
Speaker 6: You know, so I'll wait and see twelve day months.
Speaker 3: You know what would what I see happening. What I see happening, Bill is this morning, I'm reading my Boss and Globe and there's a story about some brewery in northern Maine that has just had the rug pulled out from underneath them, uh as a result of the tariffs. They were they were going to open up exporting their their beer uh to to Canada, and the rug was pulled out from underneath them. Bad timing, I get it, And it's a tough time for craft beer companies. But you know that the Globe and the Times, and maybe not so much the Washington Post anymore, but the Globe and the Times are going to find every every industry which has been is going to be hurt by the tariffs, and they're going to focus on them. And I just think that the question is is the Trump administration trying to do too many things too fast, too quickly and to a larger extent, are they biting off more that they can shoot?
Speaker 6: Well, we'll find out. I mean I'm not. I mean, you know, he is doing what he said he was going to do. And I think momentum is almost you know, everything to do with degree you pull back. I mean, the guys that do the articles aren't going to give any more leeway, you know, if you know, if you if you hesitated and you pulled back for a little bit, the New York Times and the Globe's still going to write stories. I mean, you know, and in the legacy papist you know.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no noticed. And I think I think you're right on that. All I'm just saying is that I think he pulled the leash in a little bit on Elon Musk and basically said we're going to start to use more of a scalpel than a sledgehammer. But I just thought he mishandled that question yesterday when I heard, I was actually watching that, and when he said it, I thought to myself, well, I really don't like to comment on things like that. Well you may not like to comment. And it had just been asked by a friendly reporter, a question which I think is a software question, and he whiffed on it.
Speaker 6: But you know, the thing I'm nervous about a little bit is, you know, you look at the job numbers in the last two years. Now I don't, and you pay attention, Dan, I'm sure you caught this. The job numbers come out and they say, well, two hundred thousand jobs.
Speaker 8: Are created this month.
Speaker 6: But then if you look at the months before that, almost every time they were revised down. Yes, so yep, you know.
Speaker 3: It wasn't I think it was. I think it was one fifty this month, so it wasn't.
Speaker 6: Even Yeah, we got yeah, but I just threw that out there.
Speaker 8: I knew this, but was I just rought it?
Speaker 3: You're absolutely right. Yeah. And now again a lot of that was happening while Biden was president, so maybe, uh, you know, maybe the fix was in. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I think that stuff has to be cleaned up. But by doing that and and straightening some of that out, we're gonna, you know, you're gonna you're gonna see it. It's like in the restaurant business, you know, and you uncover things that are dirty in the operation, you know, to get it back up and streamline things. It's uh, you know when new management comes in.
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: All right, Bill, I got you in before the ten thirty news. I appreciate you taking time. Thanks my fight. Talk to you so good night. Six one seven two five four ten thirty. That's the only line that is available if you're dialing right now and get you in there. The other lines will full up. So I will tell you six one seven two five four ten thirty. Did the stock market rattle you today? If it didn't, you weren't paying attention. And what does it really mean in the long run? Is this just a bump in the road or a ditch on the side of the road and the economy will be back tomorrow. Well I don't think so. But at what point is the president He may be thinking about the stock market tonight, but he's going to start to think about polls because this is not a president with a mandate. He's a president who won seventy seven to seventy five million million votes. So he won by a couple million votes, but it's not a mandate in the classic sense of the term. Back on Nightside, if you want to disagree, feel free bring it on. The ladies have been pretty quiet tonight, so I invite them just so they can understand that they have more than welcome to joining as well. They might be a little close. The good news last week was the gas prices had dropped a little bit, which was a pleasant surprise to me. On Sunday, there was no emphasis on that we'll be back on nightside after this news break at the bottom of the hour, You're on Nightside with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news radio. Just to put this in a little bit of perspective, when the president was elected on November fifth, twenty twenty four, the market was about forty two thousand, one hundred and thirteen. It's now just about forty two one hundred and thirteen, so whatever gains. And by the way, the market did top out, let me see if I can find out what date it was. It topped out on February fifth, the market was up to forty five thousand, so it's lost almost three thousand points. And well, it's virtually lost three thousand points off of the off of the high, which was just a month ago, a little over a month ago. So this is not going to cost him in the polls. Among those who don't like Donald Trump. It will cost him in the polls. Amongst those who voted for him but weren't necessarily all on board, they liked him as the alternate, and that's where the political capital tends to slip away, and for any president, that is a problem. Paul in Pennsylvania, Paul, you're next on nights. I appreciate you. You're taking the time. Go ahead, Paul, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Down, he's trying to wish you an earlier save Patris Stay.
Speaker 3: Hey. Thanks very much, Paul, if you celebrate right back at you, and what I wanted.
Speaker 8: To say it was you brought up a really good point about the people that voted for Trump. But Trump is like the first presidents Glover Cleveland, to win, lose, then win again. So I don't know if he I know he's trying to do it's best in the country. I know he's not necessarily were worried about the Republican Party and what happens in twenty twenty eight. Maybe he is. I don't know, but he's got to be worried.
Speaker 3: Well, what he's got to worry about is what happens in twenty twenty six, which is now about twenty months away. I mean the midterm elections. He's got to worry about a razor thin margin in the House, and he's got a fifty three forty seven advantage in the Senate. If he loses one or both of those majorities, the last two years of his presidency won't be a lot of fun. I mean, yes, I'll be then, Yeah, of course you will. And at that point you can forget. I mean, that sets the stage for the Democrats to take over in twenty twenty eight. I mean, the Democrats right now seem to be lost, but in the last week or so things have been very good for the Democrats, and he's spending political capital here and now. Maybe this will pay off in April and May or June and July. But I'm telling you, I think I don't think the end of the rough ride is over here. I'm not predicting what the market's going to do tomorrow. I would be a fool to do that. I'm not pulling the money that I have in the stock market. I'm not pulling. I tend to to hold. But that's not my advice. You people got to do what they gotta do.
Speaker 8: But at some point, yeah, go ahead, that's like the James Carvel just said a few weeks ago. He said that the Democrats were pretty much dead in the water. And then U they you know, with this dose thing or whatever you call it, prompts really yeah, all they have to do is play possible. He's pretty much hurt himself and like out of your collars before me, he said, we'll just have to wait. There's no way for us to really find out.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I mean, you know, I mean if all of a sudden, the same way with the Zolensky thing, I mean, they seem to be making some progress on the Dolensky uh kerfuffle at the White House. A we could go Friday where it all you know, fell apart. Maybe with Zolensky's letter last week and this meeting coming up in Saudi Arabia, maybe he pulls that rabbit out of the hat and Zelensky agrees to a cease fire. Putin agrees to a cease fire, and he it's you know, a little bit of a bump there. But I'm telling you, it's been an ugly couple of weeks for President Trump during a period of time when he should be enjoying you know that, so called Honeymoon for his case in the second Honeymoon.
Speaker 8: Well, he's you know, we used to have to put some faith in him. But like you said it a few months if things don't go his way, I don't know always gonna you know this one, but but yeah, you might have asked you a real quick question off topic, what Saint Potter's Day coming up? With Saint Potter's date coming up? I told someone that I know, I thought in my opinion, I know, supposedly near city is the biggest one. But when you say per cap as far as having per capital irishman, that Boston's the biggest one.
Speaker 3: I don't know that for sure. I can tell you this, but I was talking with the former governor of Hampshire recently, Chris Sinunu, New Hampshire, of all the states, has the highest per capita residents who are of Irish heritage than any state in the Union, including Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: Warner.
Speaker 8: If they'll let a lot of them left Boston, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's I think that they brought their heritage with it, that's for sure. Uh. Paul, great to hear your voice, Thanks very much for calling. Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: Thanks, thank you very much you soon.
Speaker 3: Bye bye. Let me go from Paul in New Hampshire to Paul in Dorchester a little closer to home. Paul in Dorchester. Next on Nightside, Paul.
Speaker 2: Hey Dan, let me make the statement that the Stark market is driven by greed and fear. It's really not based on reason or common sense. And to carry away or drive any further analysis, I think is ludicrous. It's you say the wrong thing and you can change the Stark market. Look what happens every time the Treasury Secretary was changing rates and things started flying.
Speaker 3: It's like, that's that's not the Secretary treasure that's the Secretary of the Treasury. That's the Chairman of the Fed. But I understand the point you're making. But it's exactly the point I made. Was that an inadequate answer by the President yesterday to what seemed to me to be a fairly softball question from a friendly interviewer. I think is driving what happened today on Wall Street. That's all. And I think that that there's other things that are factors here. I think people are scared of the tariffs, which is understandable that his goal is to bring American manufacturing back to the country back to the USA.
Speaker 2: The add of the deal, I believe, is what's going on. We're witnessing the art of the deal from Trump's book in nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 6: I have seen that.
Speaker 3: And if you're it sounds to me like you're confident in his ability to make the deal. They think. The question is, he's got a lot of balls in the air right now. He's got the Zelinsky Ukraine one situation. Right, He's got the tariffs with not only Mexico and Canada but also China. And you got the Democrats. Well, the Democrats are going to be the Democrats. Look when he gave the address to Congress, the Joint Session of Congress last Tuesday night, the Democrats literally looked impotent. I mean they were sitting there. It looked to me like they might have been at a charity auction. You know, we're holding up their paddles. They've done little. The only Democrat who made any headlines was the guy that got arrested, and because it were not arrested, the guy who who was thrown out of the House and was censured by the House the next day, in which ten Democrats actually joined all the Republicans, but it just.
Speaker 2: To he ripped up his statement.
Speaker 8: Nobody.
Speaker 2: There was no Pelosi ripping up the constitution behind.
Speaker 3: Him, right, no doubt. And look, this guy is in the rump, rough and tumble. He gives as good as he gets. I get that, I too late.
Speaker 6: It came.
Speaker 2: Jeffries sees blood and he's like a shock. They go after every little thing, the price of eggs. They killed all the chickens and now there's no eggs.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I think it was avian flu that killed the chickens. I don't think it was Hakeem. Jeffries came. I'm with you on that, all right, Paul. I appreciate the levity and the conversation added a little nice touch. Thanks Paul, Thank you all right, thanks to listening to Night Side. All right, all of a sudden, the lines are slowing down here six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three thirty. I want to hear from the Trump supporters and I want to hear from the Trump detractors. Uh. The stock market is something that is a huge story today. The numbers are huge, the losses are huge. Now the market reopens tomorrow, I can tell you right now, the UH the Dow futures, they're all down. The futures are down. Uh, so it isn't like there's going to be a snap back tomorrow. As a matter of fact, the nastac UH is down another percentage point. Uh Does it worry you? You could? It can. You might be worried from your own economic standpoint if you're in the market, or if you're invested through your U you know, your your IRA or your furrow one K. But the question is are they going so fast, so quickly, trying to do so much? Are they to the point where they are the victims of their own success, that that that they think they can do anything? I think again, you know, the pace here has been discomforting. I was going to say frightening, but I'll say discomforting. Back on Nightside right after this. Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio. All right, lines filled up, let's keep robling. I'm going to go to kenon Walting Ken next on Nightside. Your thoughts go right ahead? Ken?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 8: Dan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, my major thought, which I think ties into what you're talking about, is, you know, if us MCA was such a great deal. Uh, you know the biggest deal we ever made, you know why, and it was with Canada and Mexico. Why do we have to do anything at all? Didn't we have a great deal back then? And if we still have to make adjustments, why not do it like he did you know, five years ago. It doesn't He did it in a non dis rat you know, independent of how good the deal was, it was certainly non disruptives.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: I think you're right, he's kind of going crazy here and it's an overreaction.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I think that there's there. I think he's rolled the dice here, and you know, if it all works out, he's going to look back and say that's great. But boy, I'm telling you right now, it suggests to me that there's that there's problems. The market reaction today is the first time that that I thought to myself, there's a there's we Houston, we have a problem. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well I heard that Elon Musk lost twelve billion dollars today of his own out of his own pocket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's let's see what the boy say. How much does he have he's got? I think I read four hundred billion, So yeah, let's seeah, okay, so three percent of four hundred billion, that'd be twelve billion. Now that's about right because when you when you look at the numbers, you got the Dow was down to something and the Nasdaq is down. For he it was about a three three percent. So yeah, twelve billion would have been his his hit. I don't think any one in my audience other than Elon Musk lost twelve billion dollars today.
Speaker 1: That's probably not yeah, but I you know, I've been trying to think, you know, what is Trump thinking? I mean, the only thing I can think of is, you know, perhaps you know, he just thinks whatever he you know, he said he was going to solve you know, the Ukraine War in twenty four hours and you know, eggs we're going to go down in one day. He I think he thought, you know, he was going to threaten the East tariffs and Mexico and Canada would give him whatever he wanted. I don't know, I'm just guffing, by the way.
Speaker 6: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we're the big we're the big dog on the block. But the Mexican chihuahua and the Canadian wolf found snapped that get him?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Right, they've got pride.
Speaker 3: As well, you got it? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then I think he was a little off. You know, I think if Jake Tappert had asked him maybe the same questions that Maria Bartiromo. Yeah, I thought maybe he maybe he was a little too relaxed, and that's why he was off his game a little because he was with a friendly interviewer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I guess. You know, the big power hitter who step up to the plate and the picture has him down. You know, there's a two or two count. The guy sitting there expected to fastball. The pitcher throws a dinky change up over and the guy's called out. You know, it's like he's just looking for a wrong, wrong pitch here. I don't know, but it did.
Speaker 1: Have an impact today.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Can't appreciate your call.
Speaker 3: As always, we'll talk soon. Okay, thank you much. Let's keep rowling. Here are going to go to We're we're going to go next here. Yeah, Rick is in Dover. Rick, you're next on nice side.
Speaker 7: Welcome, Hi Dan, Hi Rick.
Speaker 3: Well I get you and at least one more in here before we close up for the eleven o'clock news.
Speaker 10: Go right ahead, So what's the main topic, Tody, you listened to the show. Yes, I know it's about Trump, but I wasn't sure if it was about him making friends with all of our allies over the country or.
Speaker 3: We're talking we're talking about the drop rick. You know, we've been talking for the last hour about a pock market in the stock market, as well as the tariffs, uh and as well as whether or not you know, with with Doge the administration has taken on too much if they if they're bitten off more than they can chew. I know you're not a Trump supporter, even though you're lo in Dover, but was considered a Republican stronghold. So this is a great opportunity to take your best shot here.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, I mean, he's definitely taken on more than you can show, because I don't think he thinking these things out. I mean, we don't have any allies anymore. And you know when you I don't know, I mean unless he's playing a game of selling short every month, you know, and the rich people making more money that way. I don't see anything too popular for anybody else that has a retirement fun with this guy playing games with stock market uncertainty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. I don't think his focus. I don't think his his focus is on short selling. I think his focus is on how he believes where he wants to take the country. And we do have allies. That's a little bit of an overstatement there. We have allies in Europe, we have allies in the Middle East, we have allies down Under, and we have allies in Mexico and Canada. Where you have a family disagreement in your family, who's everybody always on the same page?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, but they all you know, I mean, the whole European Union decided that they weren't going to invite him to their mut.
Speaker 3: They they had an emergency meeting. Come on, Rick, don't mischaracterize something. Had an emergency meeting. Uh and uh and and Zelinsky flew from Washington to London and they were going to step into the breach all of a sudden. Let's see what, let's see why the Zolensky kerfuffle of ten days ago that may be getting close to getting resolved. So, you know, don't as they.
Speaker 10: Say anything that happened there. The guy's kind of desperate. You know, what's he gonna do?
Speaker 3: Well, if if you think that, if you want to write that off and as just as the act of a desperate guy, I think that that Dylensky has stood face to face with Putin for three years in a tough set of circumstances. I wouldn't call him desperate.
Speaker 7: Rick.
Speaker 10: I want to get one the money, all right, I got you, Thank you, thank you much.
Speaker 3: Call Lulureli. Give you more time, Thank you much. Let me get the war on, Warren, you get the last shot at this, will continue this into the next hour, Go right ahead, Warren.
Speaker 9: Oh yes, yeah, Hi Dan. Yeah.
Speaker 11: Whenever there is bad news, Americans get nervous, and that's what's happening here with the stock market. And you know, whenever you know, they don't like Trump making an you know, warring with Canada or Mexico or or even China. All of this should have been should be done behind the scenes quietly. You know, you have the people working working for the president, working behind the scenes and trying to get better deals.
Speaker 9: But you know, he's bombastic, and he's his ego is you know that.
Speaker 11: Of New York City.
Speaker 9: So yeah, but that's that's.
Speaker 3: What we have. Well. I think I think he's probably doing too much, too fast. I mean I haven't even mentioned the the flurry of executive orders obviously, which which are very much related to DOGE. There's a lot of people whose lives have been genuinely upturned. Uh. There, there were some of these things. They were talking about. The five people at the Kennedy Library who lost their jobs. They will returned the next day, so no harm. Yeah, I mean a little bit of eggs for five people. But when you start closing you know, an entire departments. Uh yeah, this.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, yeah, he's a bullock tier shop right now. And what you know what I thought he was going to do is I thought he was going to do all the low hanging groups, you know, like you know, like what's in the port book every year when they do a budget and all these things come out, Like what's the intent on in its foolishness? I thought, you go go there and take.
Speaker 11: The all hanging throuit and just you know, get rid of that.
Speaker 3: Well, he's fired about, you know, to to use the football metaphor, he's fired about four Hail Mary passes and so far none of them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, completed.
Speaker 9: Drink men going back on the on the on the one and trying to throw at ninety nine yards.
Speaker 3: You got it, you got it war and I got you none of the wire. Thanks, my friend, We'll talk.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Thank you so much, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Got some open lines six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty or six one, seven, nine three one ten thirty. Let's talk about it. I mean, if maybe you think nothing's going on, or maybe you think something big is going on, I tend to be in the somewhat big category, uh, in terms of what's going on. Join the conversation. Coming back