Speaker 1: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of bigfoot and wild men while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in encryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with the Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal and encryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows. It's free to subscribe. So what are you waiting for visit www dot untold radionetwork dot com today.
Speaker 2: Now, what are your reporting? I got a screen going on here. Something just kid with my dog, something to kill your dog? My dog. We're flying through there, over the tree. I don't know how it did it? Okay, damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and they would dead once you hit the grill. I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat what are you reporting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was? It was enough out here when I'm new to one down now and I don't need anything. I don't want to go outside. Hello, hit the boddy out here? What quent on out there? I've thought of a ventures about text nine. I don't know. Easy ann ount there. Yeah, I'm walking right heady.
Speaker 1: I want to welcome our guests back to the show. It is Andy McGrath, friend of the show and a fellow author on Hanger One Publishing. Welcome back to the show man. How are you?
Speaker 3: I am very good and I'm even here to be here with you today. We had a great chat. What was eager to talk crpteds.
Speaker 1: I have been looking forward to this conversation. We're doing a little series and highlighting some of the authors over on Hanger One Publishing. My book was published over there in March of this year. I've been stoked about that. I've talked to other authors and had a great time talking about cryptids and all kinds of things that I normally wouldn't talk to people about. I interviewed a lady the other day who had written a fiction book that was loosely based on some facts around the Yazzi ratlines and the exodus from some of the Nazi folks from World War Two. Very interesting conversation. I didn't think I would have a conversation about that on a Bigfoot podcast. But you never know what the world is going to present to you. I know we're going to get into some cryptid stuff and talk about Bigfoot with you, because that's what you do, that is your thing. Let's get right into some of the questions I have about the book. I was over there in the United Kingdom a little while ago, a couple of months back and looking into Bigfoot and got to go out into the woods. I'm always fascinated with the prospect of there being a bigfoot creature, a sasquatch creature, some sort of upright big giant harry walking creature in the woods anywhere, but particularly in the United Kingdom. So let's talk a little bit about that. What was the impetus for you looking into that? Was it just the reports that people were putting out there that got you interested in the subject of bigfoot in the United Kingdom?
Speaker 3: It was that I wasn't interested in or even a where big United Kingdom at all. I was a big nassy fan and I love cryptology around the world. I was actually yet it was probably my favorite hairy humoroid that was out there. When I started writing the first version of Beasts of Britain in twenty seventeen, I started researching. Okay, here's my challenge. I have to find other cryptid like stories in the UK. And suddenly I came up on this cash as this community, even the bigfoot researchers saying there is a big Foot in the UK, and that sounds pretty insane. It's only a small island, it's a closed system, after all, how could there possibly be room for something like this to survive and thrive in the UK. I found a few prominent researchers at the time I made maps and other things in the probably citing saying, yeah, people are reporting something even in the present. I thought, that's tint impossible. Let's look into this. Sure enough, I did read lots of compelling reports and mets for people who seemed to be very legitimate, one of whom was a primate keeping factor who said they had seen something resembling at Bigfoot in the UK. I thought, okay, I'm going to take a deep dive into this. I've got to look into not only the reports, but the history of these kinds of sightings in the UK, something that could be perhaps even related to them, going back to the ancient period or the medieval period, and see if it's possible that something like that could survive here and detected.
Speaker 1: Talk a little bit about some of those encounter stories that people had shared with you, any that stuck out to you for whatever reason that people have shared over there about a big Foot like creature in the United Kingdom.
Speaker 3: There's two I repeat a lot, and apologies to anybody who's heared me tell these before. The two are what I call the ape Man of ebitt Abinethie Forest, and the other one is the Box Egg Box alg is one of my favorites because Box Hill in Surrey is a place very close to where I live, not far from me, so that's something that seems even more probable well because of that, but I love that story. The first one the ape Man of Avenfi Forest. This is in Abenfi Forest in Strasbabe in Scotland, which is actually not too far from lochdest or that general area in the Scottish Highlands. This was given to me by a primate keeper of thirty seven years who was then retired. He'd gone wild camping in Scotland with his brother. Now basically most of the UK you can't just camp out anywhere in people's land, but Scotland it's legal. You can't just go and camp on land in the woods somewhere and spend a week there without permission from anybody. They'd gone there anyway, and they used to do this every year they'd gone to camp. This is August twenty twelve. I believe they'd taken some light arms with them, so these were sort of air rifles things they could shoot rabbits with. To catch their dinner. They'd spot in the field, but they thought there would be some nice rabbits, and they'd gone out early in the morning to shoot some of them. They were creeping through the field and maybe about four am the light was up some Suddenly the main guy al his name was, He can't hear is rather behind him. He turns to look at him and just sees him standing in their slack. Door of maths open and he's surprised and looks forward and sees a big, black, hairy shape. It's looking like it's lean over black people bush, almost like it's eating. It's got its back to them. He's, oh, what is this? It's just a what is this thing? Not talk chap. He was about five for two, this guy, he said, it was about that height, bent over. Suddenly it cocks its head to the side and stands up. He almost ate feetall and turns and looks at them. Now. He says what he saw as a primate keeper was simin. It wasn't some kind of human, and looked to him something like a cross between a gorilla in its body, but with long legs, long manlike legs, but very thick and muscular, with a face like almost like an older banobo chimp. Pink lip was sticking out, had a muzzle that was very flat and it was a little bolding on top, and he said. They stood then and looked at him for a few seconds, and then just turned and walked off into the woods, briefly looking back to check where they were. And even when he saw it, he just dropped his rifle to the ground straight away, lowered in. He was shocked. They turned around to say to his bid, my goodness, what was that to see he'd gone his scarp and he'd run off. He headed back to where they were camped to find his brother quickly putting all of their camping gear back in the car and saying that that's it, we're going. And he wanted to be a primate keeper. Watched the going search. Well, this huge creature they'd just seen, but that was it. He was hooked. From that moment on. He was walked looking into big food sightings, going around the country, talking to other people, sharing those results. At me, it's got the best provenance to it. I could trace the zeal with this person. I know what his name is, but I know he's an expert in the area of primates. So that's one of my favorite all time British bigfood sightings.
Speaker 1: Where was the other one you mentioned?
Speaker 3: The Box Hill, the box Hill Ape, now that one. So I live just over the border in Surrey, You're not far from London. Box Hill is a place on the North Downs and it's a beautiful area just said, at the top of the North Downs, which is a huge forested area that runs almost all the way down to the coast, to the south coast. I often go there myself and this is place called the Stairs or the stepping Stone. So you cross these little stepping stones across the river after you get off the train and it's all countryfied, and then you head up this hill, this hills about thinking about seven eight hundred feet elevation. He's got these earthen steps surrounded by forests that are encased in wood. People often walk up there and crazy people run up there to keep fit. And it was one summer evening again twenty twelve, which seems to have been a very good year for bigwood sightings. A runner it's running the steps. They get near to the bottom, that's say forty feet from the bottom, and decide they're going to have a little rest. It's late evening, it's summer, and they're sitting down and having their energy drinking. There's been about twenty minutes perhaps since they've sat down. Nobody's around, and suddenly they can hear somebody coming down the steps. They think, oh, I better move to the side, because probably some of these dog walkers are often frequent series. It is coming down the steps. I'll move to the side. The steps stop, they don't hear anything. They turn around to think runs this about ten meters back to the right hand side of the steps, they see what they describe as a sort of an ape, so with the brown of patches of gray and then the human like face with the flat nose, the big jaw, looking at a proportion to the head. So the head was domed at the top, but there's still on two legs. It wasn't a plastic abors we think one. It's still on two legs. It was straight, but it was slightly sort of slumped over with lott arms. The arms were long in proportion to the body and very solidly thick built animal. The goodness looked at this frightening animal six foot plus maybe a bit taller. It was just staring at them for thirty seconds. So it turned around and walked off while still watching the witness. Very significantly. After it walk off, this witness, who had no skin in the game just know anything about Bigfoot, said, gives smell, a stale farm animal type of smell lingered. Before they seemed the creature, they had observed or noticed a sort of a banging or knocking sound, like wood on wood in the woods, which is a very significant fact as well, Nathal. Perhaps maybe people working or forestry work is out there in the woods cutting or banging or doing something clearing a forest. It was a big Foot like creature that's also been seen in the same area by several motorists driving up what they call the zig zags which send the hill to the top of Box Hill. Again, I said, this is a popular tourist area. People walk and hike and ride there all the time. It does a butt the nose down in the disc go all the way down to the coast. In that we are almost unbroken rural landscape. So that's my number two favorite, or maybe number one because it's close, but it's the best time can think of it.
Speaker 1: It's interesting to me, and this is one of the things that I love talking to different people across the country and certainly around the world, is the physical descriptions of these creatures. You talk a lot about that in your book. You talk about different creatures in the book, different cryptids. But when you're talking about like the Woodwoes compared to the North American sasquatch and these reports of physical descriptions, what have you seen over the years as far as the difference is, because there's so many differences that you hear just over here. You talk about the Florida skunk Ape and some of the really different experiences people have, and then the physical descriptions of these things vary greatly from say the Pacific Northwest. How are you seeing the differences maybe in different regions over there in the United Kingdom obviously compared to what we hear the majority of the time, the classic, if you will, descriptions physically of these creatures over here in North America.
Speaker 3: I did at another book Compavery Humoroids. It's but at least the World series, particularly one volume so far, did I've talked about these kinds of things, And it wasn't an original idea I had it was I learned it from reading Jeff Melbourne's work. Oh, there's the man a type, there's the wildmand type one was in the anddertoloid type. There's the ape type like a relic eight type as well, and the little type. I thought, could this be possible? Could this be real that they're all different types? Or are we looking at different descriptions of the same kind of creature from different peoples in different areas around the world. I concluded, No, Actually, they do seem to be at least a variation species, if nothing else. So that man a type does seem to be very different to something like the Florida skunkin which again seems a little more similar to something like the yetti in the description atleast anyway than it to the sasquatch, even in the way it's for motion. It seems to resort to quadrupedal locomotion quite often as well. You see that the bigfoot sasquatch always seems to be mostly in most accounts anyway, an upright creature that has that difference. Better people than I would also talk about foot morphology as well, are not really qualified to discuss that. But you notice the difference perhaps between the footprint of the sasquatch compared to the yeddy what we believe is the heavy footprint anyway, then as to something like the iron pendet, a veritable little foot in Indonesia, probably the only un discovered blindly to be discovered within the century, at least, it seems to be something that's pretty closely all half this difference or flogy, we still seem to be looking at the same kind of species. And after wondering, is this the difference between polar bears, brown bears, black bears, some bears, pandas, is that the kind of difference we're looking at? They are all, in facticate bears. To any outside us looking in, you'd say, yeah, they are all bears at vary in different times.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more Sasquatch odyssey. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: Could that be the variation we're talking about or they completely unrelated? Species? Doesn't actually seem very liked you to, so yeah.
Speaker 1: I definitely agree with that. One of the things that came up while I was over in the United Kingdom. I wasn't expecting to see as much as a divide I guess divide would be a good way to put it. In the research in the United Kingdom into Bigfoot that I experienced while I was there versus here in North America. I was over there in the Bridgewater area speaking at a conference earlier this summer, and I was on a panel with a couple of other researchers that were native to the United Kingdom, and one of the first things out of one of the guy's mouth was, Bigfoot doesn't exist in the United Kingdom.
Speaker 3: It's the being Richard Freeman exactly.
Speaker 1: And he said that, I think more along along the lines of and this is something I want to get into with you. There seemed to be this belief that there was more of an inter dimensional I guess we'd call it a high strangeness aspect of these creatures, because one of the things that came up is in one of the things I know that we probably talked about in the past, how do these creatures remain hidden For the most part. Obviously they're not completely hidden, because we're talking about sightings, and this entire podcast is based on people having encounters with these things. But how is it that they do remain hidden in such a densely populated area in some cases. And one thing I found that is more for me and evolved over the years of doing this podcast and talking to many researchers and many people who have had encounters over the years, is the fact that there seems to be this feeling. At least when I came into this, I thought these things had to be twenty miles deep in the woods for you to have some sort of encounter. But the more I've talked to people, it's very much like you said, there's dog walkers in the area. It's more of an edge of where people have moved into these areas that would be forested areas, and they create this edge along the forest over here and then the people side over here. But that seems to be where these things are congregating, and that's where you're having these encounters and these experiences. I know that was a lie, so I'll simplify the question.
Speaker 3: Well, I understand the question, and I think there's a few points in that basically, and to say that something improbable doesn't exist, but that what people are seeing is some sort of like inter dimensional portal hopping being involved in the areas of high strange lists it's a funny thing to substitute it with. It's almost like here one research I come up. It was years ago. There was some weird terror sword like sightings I included in my book Visa Britain that were in the UK, and I looked at the whitness sightings that spot that witnesses. I said, Okay, whether they're real or they're not, obviously it's most likely that they're not. But when they are, these people are convinced that they're find presenting their sightings as genuine sightings because they are genuine in their reports and will investigate the red flags that could be misinterpretational with it. But something actually said that they believed that these reports were ghosts of dinosaurs. That to me is a funny thing to submit as a more plausible alternative to prehistoric survivors or undiscovered animals living in the closed system of the UK, but still a large island or a tiny place with lots of available space. That was a weird thing to me. I'd rather go with mis interpretation, or let's say something like sociocultural inherited memory. For example, when you go to Latin America, South America and the Philippines, in Spain and Portugal, they all have tales of the Dwendy, the little dwarf like creature. Don't they really believe that the conquistadors and the Spanish colonists brought these little Dwendys to all the places they inhabited. They don't go any further than the bottom of Texas, right, But doesn't make it any sense. Clearly, this is a colonial transplant that's either acting as a descriptive for things people are seeing or they believe they're seen and because it's in their cultural inherited memory of the possibilities as things that can be. And it's the same in North America where you have things like the wild Sasquatch that's not too dissimilar to the wildland or so that's really the wisp when that's where walls and there are European descriptors, if not European colonial transplant to our ancestors and the way they perceive these things. And it's strange that you can see boundaries, crypted boundaries all the around world based upon the primary culture of the dominant culture that has been present in our country. That really stuck with me. It really starts changing the way I thought about these things saying, okay, is this something in us that describes things a certain way or is even prone to seeing things like in areas of high strangeness culturally expect them to be there. One of the things that stands out is when more Kazuma's men see Cortez arriving to the Americas in the ships, they describe the ships as floating mountains. Anybody who's seen the ship doesn't think it's a mountain, But that's the only thing they had available in their minds to describe it. But one thing, sorry I would say, just to finish that as well, in relations to space available places to hide in the UK, if they were actually real, if they were actually cure, is that there was this great study in twenty twelve undertaken by the UK National Ecosystem Assessment, and they discovered the only six point eight percent of the UK's land areas classified as urban when you go to the primary countries that make up the UK as ten point six percent for England or percent of Wales, three point six percent of normal lives and only one point nine percent ball of Scotland has urban sprawl, and that includes motorways and rural settlements as well. So there's a lot of space, as you saw from the train, just that bit where there's nobody I know traveling in the country. Sometimes wherever I'm filming or i'm out of wood someone and some new investigation, there's just nobody. I won't see anybody all day long. So the space is here, the food is here. I'm not sure whether the creature is here.
Speaker 1: Air enough. One thing that's come out over and over. I'm doing some editing today on an upcoming podcast that I'm putting out probably in a couple of days as we record this. There was a gentleman up in Michigan. He mentions, as some people do sometimes I do these interviews like three months ago, and I'm editing them today. I've slept since then, so I forget a lot of things. He mentions photographs, and I go back into the emails that he sent. There's five or six photographs, and I see he sends some pictures of what looked like teepee structures, and you can almost take this photograph that he has that he found somewhere in I think it was up in the Thumb of Michigan, in that area off the coast, and you can put it side by side to something I found on my neighbor's land less in a mile or so away from my property. The pictures in my book, and it's almost identical this structure. So it means one of two things. Either somebody a person built that in Michigan and a person built what I saw. But in both cases, you talk to me, you talk to this guy. They're in the middle of nowhere. It doesn't even make sense. It's not plausible that a person would build a structure like this. I don't know why it would even be plausible that a bigfoot would do it. Frankly, but as far as stick structures, are you finding the same thing over in your area, your neck of the woods? Are people describing finding these kind of stick structures? And if so, what are they finding? Are they finding tepee kind of structures or is it something different over there they too.
Speaker 3: I did a whole section again sort of thing cruppling the book and be so britten about this called sticks and stones and the problem I think what an argument is, Yes, these things are found here. We also have a reallytive bushcrafting population of scouts and young people and even grown up actively go into the woods to make little huts the sticks. Now say, perhaps the place like the UK, it's more likely to be people. I can't imagine anybody going into rural especially when most people rural people in your country, armed into some of these land and erecting some sort of structure that seems to be not only unlikely but risky. But because I mean, they won't, because people do strange things and not things all the time. And the problem we have is that unless there are other factors present, like footprints and hares and scatter, the mysterious things that we can't account for, perhaps even that are still a sighting in that area, the tps are just that they're just the tepis. We can't eliminate them as being non humans. Humans very rickly do make these kinds of structures, So it's in a ways that inadmissible without mitigating factors that other evidence.
Speaker 1: You also talk a little bit about infrasales, and this is something else that came up hearing that interview, and it's something that's not in every single interview I do. It's not involved in every single encounter, but by and large, there are a lot of people who believe that they're quote unquote zapped with or they're affected by infrasound. There's this nausea, there's this really sick feeling that they described. Some people feel like it is even targeted at them in some cases. I had abeon from Minnesota a couple of episodes back in Abe is a pretty big guy physically, and he was the biggest person in his group, and he said he was the only one who got sick and felt this feeling when they were entering this area where they were having this activity. What is your thoughts on infrasound? Is that something again that you're hearing about over there and maybe even in cases here in the United States and North America that have intrigued you, And what do you think about infrasound and Bigfoot just in general?
Speaker 3: I think if sound is actually one of the most perusible things attached to Bigfoot, that could proved it's some animal. So we know some animals have infrasound. Elephants for sound, lions to a point have infrasound, crocodiles I believe, and somebody said even tigers has been observed using it to stunt to mobilize their prey before they attack them. They're using this infrasound to mobilize them. I start looking to reports about their cure, which is very rare. There was one I'll tell you about in just a moment, but also in places like Australia, there's a great Yawi report, and there's several reports of people having this really unnerving feeling, this terrible fear. Seasoned hunters, seasoned bushmen, aboriginals too, who wouldn't normally be a traid to be out in the woods hunting in their natural environment in the act, felt this terrible fear just before they caught a glimpse of this creature, the YOOI The only example I've got with you happened with a researcha called Neil Young, which here in Britain hill is keep here on the Finding big Foot British episode. Anyway, I know him and I spoke to him about occasionally sent me an example of infrasound. He and a researcher had recorded that they'd been out of the wood somewhere in all Sumberland. It's just in the far nosele fingered on the east side. They thought they were getting some kind of activity and they thought there was definitely something present in the areas. And they place this intra sound recorder in a tree and Sunday out of note where they both get this feeling that they want to lead straight away, want to go, They want to get out of there, and they go back to where they park and sleep in the car. To strange for them, they want to find big Foot. They're looking for an experience. And the next day they come back, they take out the recorder, they take it home, they plug it in. Sure enough, on their book recorder, there is a growl of some kind I could only be heard by the record of itself. It was too low for humans or most animals here and there. It was like a little guttural sound, and I thought, wow, that's amazing. I can see the register. I can see the sound. You caught something. It's proved to me a way that it worked on you. It made you leave, and you didn't know why you left, you just did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very similar to things I've heard from other people. It's one of those things that has always fascinated me, and I too believe that it's possible these creatures have that kind of ability, because I think there's a couple of things that could probably be a cause for that. If people are in a situation, they're in a high stress situation and they're feeling like they're interacting with something, there's some physiological things that can take place. I've been in high stress situations as a police officer in the past and afterwards. Maybe not in the moment, but when the adrenaline dump happens, the body acts physiologically different for a lot of people, and sometimes that can be the case if you're in a high stress or in a fear based situation. So I don't know, it's interesting to me. I'm always interested in talking to people who have had that kind of experience of what they believe to be infrasound, because it's something that I just can't figure out, but because it's not in every single case, and sometimes it seems to be targeted, sometimes the entire group feels it. It's just one of those things that has always fascinated me. Anytime I get a chance to talk to anybody who's had experiences with it, I definitely like to have that conversation.
Speaker 3: I think it it's directional that would be fascinating. You talk about you being the largest person in this group therefore being the threat, the big alpha male threat physically if he experienced that, it's genuine, that's directional, and that's a directional attack, taking at the lead, taking at the head of the phalanx almost and that, to me, I find fascinating. That's one thing that I have to appropriate about a bit further later than my files.
Speaker 1: This is something that's constantly going on in the conversations here, at least in my circle of friends and people that I talk to in the bigfoot community over here in North America. And I think I probably know the answer to this already, but I want to talk to you about the scientific involvement and bigfoot. There's very little of that here in North America. There's only a handful of people that have ever really been involved seriously in the subject that believe these creatures existed and went to any links to either prove that or disprove it, or collect evidence and be a part of it from a scientific standpoint. Jeff Meldram comes to mind, the late doctor John Bendronaugel. There's been a few people. Is there any interest that you've found in your research and looking into the subjects for as many years as you've looked into all of these cryptids in the United Kingdom from the powers that be, the officials the scientific community over there is there any interest at all that you've seen in them taking a look at the subject of the possibility of Bigfoot or any of these cryptids being real.
Speaker 3: I think given the last person to really look into it of being Professor Bine Sykes any rest of pees, at least it was Javentsist who was well placed investigate the phenomena and taked some great work. But I think he concluded with some of the samples he got that they were not genuine or there was something that was unclassifiable about them. He couldn't say it was one hundred percent some form of Harry's euanoid.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more Sasquatch Odyssey. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: I think there was also the Professor Lincast who did the YETI DNA samples from all of the various scalps and mummified remains and also came up empty. In recent times, I don't really really think there was anybody, but that makes sense to me. The science is very cautious and careers are made and broken upon research and if you go off that tim into the words to find messy or anything else of that nature. At least if you don't go from a very skeptical wanted to disprove this creature exists, as the Kiwi scientists who did the e DNA at Lockness, Neil Gemmel who came and included there's tons of eels, a lot lesson and little else. He didn't find the artists out there, He didn't find the occasional seals were there. He didn't even find half the species that don't deliver in a lot. It is sampling because the lot is huge. How are you going to do that you can sample in thirty different areas? Not possible. But at least he gave it a shot. He populicized the hind it. That was a good thing. If it's not a novelty, if it's not trying to break in some sort of new science to get funding, they're not really interested. Not really blamed them, because that's your career, It miss your tenured's going to be out on your ear before your promotion. Concept you're not going to get it. They're a market for scientists crimptas. I think there is, but they always already have to be ingrained in some sort of media set up with a good agent and a host of programs. That's going to be the payoff. That's the reason they're doing it. But I don't blame them. I don't blame them all, but I do blame us. We're not very good citizen scientists. There is a fandom to bigfoot, which is good. I love that, as well as a scientific interest in that. You said you didn't realize there would be so many different opinions in the UK, such a small place, about the possibility of bigfoot, And yet it seems to be that this genre has some real venomon and it occasionally. Having studied religion for my degree theology. To my degree, I was going to be a priest a long time ago. I'm not better to be a private hypocrite the public one, they say. Having done that, being a religious person, I recognize religion when I see it, and a lot of these philosophies are almost like a whole for the absence of corporate religion. Not wholesale, but in some way they're fulfilling a little space. Now they're like our team. That's our team. E Wu theory, all the rest of that stuff, and anybody who comes up with some random theory that could have just been there is going to get it. I wrote a piece on high strangeness one of the newspapers year. It is about a year ago, and inadvertently, how newspapers are, they named another author's book in it. I didn't comment on the book, but they just wrapped it in basically. So that's how it came out. And I've got a message from them saying, I'm going to guess you've never had an experience with the UFO or Big four? Am I right? Shout the hell up kind of thing. You know, you've got no where to speak, and I thought I've got everywhere to speak more than you because I've got no skin in the game, never seen anything. I've never seen any definitive evidence of proof. That means I'm still open to all the possibilities. You're a noah. We can't even trust a single thing you say. Now you're a believer not to be honorable, and I love this. I've got the book in question, but the way so it's disappointed to it inadvertently slated it because it was anyway. That's their story but yeah, you're a believer, You're a Noah. You're part of that denomination, this denomination and all the way through. And that's why what we all fight saying ins with MESSI and everything, we really fight like it. All believe depend upon it. And that's I think that's an area that definitely warrants at with investigation.
Speaker 1: Let's talk a little bit about something else that's come up over and over again. And I know it's completely subjective, nobody knows. I think there are people who are trying to put together some data that I've spoken to, at least in their areas. These people that are going out to the same areas over and over year every year, they're starting to compile some data and really look at seasonal behavior. People will flippantly say to me, I don't think these things live there. I just think they were passing through those kind of things. But I've had plenty of conversations with people in the past about whether sasquatch migrate, or whether they're more active seasonally, those kind of things. Are you finding anything in your research or any of the things that people are telling and sharing experiences that would point to the fact that their's seasonal behavior or even migratory behavior in that area or maybe even in North America that you're aware of.
Speaker 3: In North America, it would make sense if they're following the elk, caribou or if it if that makes sense, what are they following. Maybe they're following the salmon people. You know, in the UK, there's nothing for them to follow there. There's thirty three million sheep in the UK, ten million with the murron whales, and there's game birds and grouse and forty million rabbits everywhere for a predator because there aren't no big predators, or for them perhaps the big cats who may may not be here. This is just it's as a smalkest board. It's a buffet. You probably don't really even need to get your hunt on. Just don't grab something and take it back to the pantry. In North America, I would imagine, and the colder parts Canada, Washington, places like that. That. Yeah, perhaps they are following food sources. I don't think it would be. Nobody would be in air for them. Perhaps monitoring some of the movements of the al cariboy set tron and seeing where they go to and if anything's following.
Speaker 1: This is something else that's come up over and over. I've had such a ride in my big Foot journey, and I too, like you, I'm very skeptical. I will always remain skeptical. There are things that have happened to me recently that have moved the needle for me from skeptical hopeful that these things are real to the fact that I believe that they exist. So we'll leave that where it is, but let's talk about this once. I got to that point very recently. Honestly, I think the next progression for me was my mind just started turning as to what these things are.
Speaker 4: People.
Speaker 1: We've had those kind of conversations in the past with people. There are other podcasts out there who ask everybody who comes on, what do you think these things are? I was never really there, but I am now, So I'm starting to rack my brain and try to And I've talked a little bit about this in my book. Matt Prewitt wrote a beautiful book, The Phenomenal Sasquatch. If you never read Matt's book, you guys need to write it. It's a great book. Matt is in the Gigantopithecus camp for many great reasons that he articulates beautifully in the book the way only Matt Prewitt can do it. Many need to look up some words reading the book.
Speaker 3: I love Matt's work, I really do.
Speaker 1: It talks about Gigantopithecus, which I was never there until I started talking to Mat about it and reading his book. You talk about Neanderthals and some of the other possibilities for sasquatch. Where are you on what these things are? Do you think there's some kind of a leftover relic tomanoid of some sort. Do you think there's something altogether different? Do you think they're a hybrid subjective? Obviously we know this is your opinion, But what is your opinion on that? And what could these things possibly be should they exist in North America or the United Kingdom.
Speaker 3: It's really interesting. For the longest time I've been on Matt's page, Actually, do I get to Bithicus what the differences are for the European world? Man Neandertal isn't actually a great match anymore because we know a lot more about it tools than really if we were to meet one out in the street in the suit, clean shave and we were looking at little the difference between them and somebody else off Cowridge, if they really had, if it really looks so prominent, I don't really know. I talked to a lot of people these days are actually come over to the It started with the dog Man's saying, now it seems to be infecting this sasquatch about the hairy humanoid side of things, to really believe that they're demonic. More and more people I talked to hid and AP researchers like I think it seems to demonic. I'm not sure if that's true. I wonder if because man is so clever, so smart to be able to find almost everything, it seems in the world. It it's almost a bit like they get out of jail free card. Oh you know atals because the Prince disappeared, I couldn't track it. Demonic because I just can't find the same can't explain that there could be a big foot in the woods behind my backyard. And yeah, I've never caught a trail, can never managed to even get the slightest of evidence. And yet I might have seen the animal from a distance. Whatever the thing is, it's almost insulting to are you an intelligence that we can't find them? The ultimate intelligence of all animals, or this pallet, and yet the thing seems that are's smartest all the time. I still think it's hipnate some kind. But I do believe there is a caveat to them, because it's been spread across nearly all of the continents of Antarctica. You have things like the Yeerin, like the Yawi, like the al Nasty and the Almus of Moengovia. You even have wild men and the little wild mend Gharian and Africa and other places. Their anger down. All these things in Asia as well as our doctor were Sasquatch and all of its cousins. Clearly some form of hit mate either exists or some ancient folklore has managed to spread around the world to disseminate this similar idea of haroy wild men inhabiting our forests. And these are cultures that have been disparate and cut off for thousands and thousands of years. If you believe, then be the way a story which as a religious pist I do. Let's say, okay, Hamshem and Jeffs got off the boat with their wives and had a bunch of kids and spread out and filled the earth. It's still got to go from that point or the Babylon if you want, the Baby point to the Earth, and everybody's going to keep the same imagery tws, thousands and thousands. This just it's statistically impossible. You just couldn't do it. That does imply there is some sort of a known ape, a known humanoid living out there around the world that's been mixed into our folklore over many millennia. They become almost like a supernatural or folklorate preacher. But I think something that did exist.
Speaker 1: Tell us about the show that you're involved in. Let's talk about all the books where people can find the show, where people can get the books, and the work that you're currently involved in.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm currently the presenter for a series called Weird Britain that's on Sky History. Serious won will be returning in October. We're just finishing off series two now, which should be and next May. I believe it's a weird, wild and wonderful mysteries history is focal and fables of the British Isles. It's wonderful. So it's not there are some cryptos in it. That's not really about cryptos and everything. It's Stonehenge, It's Lockedness, It's the Witches, Tinta, It's King Arthur, and everything small and sometimes unknown in between, ghost hunting a whole nine yards. Everything is that we meet with the individuals who are into this or obsessed with these legends, all the experts, and we dig deep into and just get their point of view. We even went to b Leskin House to look at Astera Crowley. We organized that biggest expedition for mess last year with our good friend Alan McKenna in Lockness, who's leading a great work. There were ne doing fantastic work and filmed it drown up at a sub in and everything we've recently and I am a bit of a spoiler, got to see one and they'll be more. Explanation of the series comes out of the Holy Grails that's been dated to two thousand years ago in Palestine, from research of Graham Phillips, who wrote that book The Greenstone and has discovered many Indiana Jones like traitres around the world. So it's fully immersed into all of the history's mysteries of this country, which there are many, seems to be an am endless supply are things to go and look at their up to a recent point, most of which I've never even heard of, so I'm enjoying it. We've driven about twenty four thousand miles since last April twenty twenty three. That's just in this country, so more to come of that. Regarding the books, there's Pieces of Britain Hairy Humanoids under the Beasts of the World collection, which you can get online. I have two new books coming out in about two weeks. There are kids' guides to Yeti and NeSSI. That's a really fund They're only about seventy seven pages each. They're attractive and you can get them and look at this famous science, look at the histories and everything that went into these late and also start your investigations.
Speaker 1: Excellent stuff. As always, I will link to that stuff in the show notes for you guys to make it easy to find. Andy. Thanks so much, man, it's always a pleasure and an honor to have you on the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you for letting me go on. It's exciting. A love the subject.
Speaker 5: They say, you don't gotta go home, but you can't stay.
Speaker 4: I don't want to.
Speaker 5: Be we're all opping.
Speaker 1: This job.
Speaker 5: Chid everything joy for me, Joy staying right you come in from away.
Speaker 4: Still stay side step, stay, stay still, stop thes pas bast stay plays and pass the states and things us pass