Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon, and you're listening to KFI A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Elon Musk, of course, leaving the Trump administration after heading up Doze. Today's event is all about showing that there's no hard feelings there, that Elon is terrific. As the President wrote in his social post yesterday, let's get right into swamp watch.
Speaker 2: I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollipops.
Speaker 3: Here we got the real problem is that our leaders are done.
Speaker 4: The other side never quits.
Speaker 2: So what I'm not going anywhere so that you.
Speaker 5: Train the squat, I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 6: You know, Americans have always been going at President.
Speaker 7: They're not stupid.
Speaker 8: A political flunder is when a politician actually tells.
Speaker 6: The truth whether people voted for you.
Speaker 8: With not swamp watch, they're all counting on President Trump. Sitting at the resolute desk.
Speaker 1: There a TV jacket, red and white striped tie. Elon Musk standing by black blazer, black T shirt black hat, but the T shirt has the Godfather, you know it the font the Godfather, but his T shirt with the white lettering says the Doge Father.
Speaker 8: He's also wearing an all black hat like you said, that says the word Doge on it. The President has been speaking of Elon Musk and it's his work with the Department of Government Efficiency and talking about a lot of the things that he says the Doge is responsible for cutting the fraud and the waist and the abuse and just you know, pouring these accolades out for Elon Musk.
Speaker 1: You all the late night jokes about him being the Doge Father, just like he's the father to all of those other kids.
Speaker 4: He started and then left.
Speaker 6: Real quick, let's listen into what the President said.
Speaker 7: We're doing really well where we came.
Speaker 3: When I left, we had no wars, we had no problems, we defeated Isis, we rebuilt our military, and we had no inflation. And when I came back, we had a lot of inflation. We had wars all over the place. We had the embarrassment in Afghanistan where we gave up billions and billions of dollars of military equipment. The most embarrassing moment in the history of our country. I believe, I believe that strongly. We have Russia with Ukraine. We had the attack in Israel in October, the horrible attack October seventh, horrible, horrible attack.
Speaker 7: Nobody's ever seen anything like it.
Speaker 3: And now we have something where we're really healing a lot of that.
Speaker 7: We stopped India and Pakistan from fighting.
Speaker 3: I believe that could have turned out into a nuclear disaster, and I want to thank the leaders of India, the leaders of.
Speaker 7: Pakistan, and I want to thank my people. Also.
Speaker 3: We talked trade and we said we can't trade with people that are shooting at each other and potentially using nuclear weapons. And they're great leaders in those countries, and they understood and they.
Speaker 7: Agreed, and that all stopped.
Speaker 3: And we're stopping others from fighting also because ultimately we can fight better than anybody.
Speaker 7: We have the greatest military in the world. We have the greatest leaders in the world.
Speaker 3: We put one of them in charge of the Joint chiefs of Staff, as you know, General Raisin Kan and we wiped out Iis, completely wiped out Isis in three weeks. They said it would take five years, and we did it in three weeks, and that's the way it is. But we don't want to have to use our military. We want to be peace through strength when we can, and that's the way we're going to have it.
Speaker 7: So I just want to thank Elon and all of his people.
Speaker 3: Most of those people are staying, almost all of them are staying, and they're going to be with us, and you're going to see the results coming long into the future. Even a year and two years later, you're going to see a lot of the results and those hundreds of billions of dollars they're going to be adding up and they're going to continue to add. It'll be interest. It's really interesting to see what the final number is going to be. But again, Elon gave an incredible service. Nobody like him, and he had to go through the slings and the arrows, which is a shame because he's an incredible patriot. The good news is that ninety of the country knows that and they appreciate it, and they really appreciate what he did. And I gave him a little special something we have here, a very special that I gave to very special people.
Speaker 1: I have given it to give it to It's a key.
Speaker 4: It's our country. It's like a key to the country. It's like a key to the city.
Speaker 9: But piece the luck of this is amazing.
Speaker 7: Large luck.
Speaker 9: Well, let me say it perhaps a few words, that this is not the end of dose but really the beginning. My time as a Special governmpline necessarily had to end. It was a limited time thing. It's one hundred and thirty four days, I believe, which ends in a few days, so so that you know it comes with a time of it. But the Dog Team will only grow stronger over time. The Doge influence will only grow stronger. It's i'd like to to sort of of Buddhism. It's like a way of life. So it is permeating throughout the government, and I'm confident that over time we'll see a trillion dollars of savings and a trillion dollars of waste and poor production. The calculations of the Dose Dose Team thus far in terms of an FI twenty five to FI twenty six delta, are over one hundred and sixty billion, and that's climbing. We expect that that number will probably go over two hundred billion soon. So I think the Dose Team is doing an incredible job. They're going to continue doing doing an incredible job. And and I'll be and I'll continue to to be visiting here and be a friend and advisor to the president. And I look forward to, you know, times being back in this amazing room. By the way, isn't this incredible? This incredible that.
Speaker 6: The office it's done.
Speaker 9: I think the way that the Oval Office, the President has just.
Speaker 8: Completely commenting on the interior decorations.
Speaker 7: And it's been there a long time. That was plaster. Nobody ever really saw it. You didn't know the ego was up there, and we highlighted.
Speaker 4: It's cameras are panning you guys, twenty.
Speaker 7: Four goal and everybody loved it. And now they all see it when they come in.
Speaker 4: That is beautiful. Good why you cover?
Speaker 9: You know, finally has the majesty that it deserves. Thanks to the President.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, did you get any.
Speaker 2: President?
Speaker 9: Continuing to support those team and uh and we're relentlessly pursuing eight trillion dollars in wasting for productions which will benefit the American.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I'm not gonna lie. Like the Oval Office does look better than it has ever. I mean, like the flags behind him in the Space Force Flag edition. It's really pretty colors, the flags and the way they're presented there. It does look really nice.
Speaker 6: They are starting to take questions. You want to come back and do this? Yeah, let's see that. I'll be recording this again.
Speaker 8: President Trump is sort of doing an official oval office goodbye and to thank you to Elon Musk.
Speaker 1: You think we could buy one of those Space Force flags and put it up around here somewhere.
Speaker 6: Sure, I'd love.
Speaker 4: To do that, you know, all right?
Speaker 6: It seems very.
Speaker 1: Whole paneply of flags would be nice. A backdrop of the show seems kind of to support.
Speaker 4: America knee jerk, but is it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Would some gold look nice on the ceiling?
Speaker 6: I say yes, it.
Speaker 8: Would up the paneling fire panel? All right, Gary Channon will continue in just a moment.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: I started watching the Sex and the City spin off, and just like that, and just like that, I was super grossed out by the phone sex scene. It was so uncomfortable. If you watched it, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: Rosie O'Donnell apparently has a sex scene in the.
Speaker 4: Show also wildly uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Now, this is a show that's always pushed the envelope when it comes to sex, thus the name.
Speaker 4: But see, now it's just getting weird. It's just getting weir.
Speaker 1: And I know we're all going to be in our fifties and sixties and seventies, and you know, it's not like you're dead, you know, but it's not like.
Speaker 4: You're dad, my god. Awkward.
Speaker 8: We have been listening into this White House news conference, if you want to call it that. President Trump is bidding Elon Musk adieu as he is leaving his special government service that lasted one hundred and thirty I think he said one hundred and thirty four days. And he's been asked about the cuts that the Department of Government Efficiency DOGE has been able to make over the last couple of months and what it looks forward to in the next couple of months and years in terms of overall savings.
Speaker 9: I think so we're on.
Speaker 7: Track to do so.
Speaker 4: Do you thieve that, Congress.
Speaker 7: You thank you, mister President.
Speaker 10: You had mentioned earlier in the week that Doe should become a whipping boy, and as the President mentioned, you went through a lot to go through this process.
Speaker 7: Was it worth it for you and what would you change?
Speaker 9: Yes, So what we thought was happening was that if there were any cuts anywhere, the people would assume that was done by Doge. And so uh, we became like the essentially the dogeball unit, where if you know, any cut anywhere would would would be ascribed to Doge. You know, a friend of mine's daughter who's a law school of Doorgetown, thought that the dog had cut the Senate, you know, the internships for the legal.
Speaker 7: Internships for the Senate.
Speaker 9: And we have nothing to do with that. So if they haven't cut, not to do with us, just as an example. So uh, you know, it just became a bit ridiculous where anything in any cut anywhere was shados, including things that made no sense, and we would agree made no sense. So there are many things that are current in the government because it's it's the it's the banal evil of bureaucracy. It's sort of the the the the frankly largely largely uncaring nature of bureaucracy. It's, as the great Bolton Freeman said, money is spent most poorly when it is h someone else has caught money being spent on people you don't know.
Speaker 4: Amen.
Speaker 6: That's that's how the many is so true.
Speaker 9: And then you can't really even blame the individuals because the way the govern works is complaining minimization. So when you do try to when someone within the government tries to stop that money being spent, there's usually someone that complaints, and then their manager will say it's not worth the trouble, just pay it. Anyway, that happens.
Speaker 7: Over and over against.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 9: I think it was I think it's an important thing. I think it was a necessary thing, and I think we'll have a good effect in the future.
Speaker 7: Thank you for President Trump.
Speaker 1: Plane have no effect on the future there. I do agree with him in that regard. I also know that you can't come into government at that level and be an outsider and change anything about the way the government operates.
Speaker 6: But there's.
Speaker 1: Shriving a light on it. I think is very important and it may it may go somewhere.
Speaker 8: This is has been an issue I think that his group, his mentality, has had to deal with, which is we're trying to cut waste, fraud, and abuse, right, And they said that out loud, They've said it over and over again, and he pointed to several times when things were cut that were blamed on DOGE that had nothing to do with DOGE. The interviews that have been done with the team that makes up that Department of Government Efficiency, and the things that they have found, and the stuff that they have talked about is mind numbingly ordinary, or I should say mind numbingly obvious things that should be clamped down on when it comes to overspending by the government. The only hope I have is that each president from this point forward has something along these lines, has an agency that is specifically designed to continue to root out that kind.
Speaker 1: Of the president he just added more to the federal deficit with the Big Beautiful Bill. It's not politically advantageous to cut it is to say we're going to do this, and we're going to do that, and this and that all cost a lot of money, right.
Speaker 8: So even even setting up an agency to do that cost money. And I get that part of it, but there should be I would hope there is going forward an emphasis on that, an emphasis even with this bill it's in the Senate right now. There should be an emphasis on the unsustainability of the way our government works. And we've got to do something now to turn that oil tanker around before it hits the Titanic.
Speaker 1: I think the Titanic is already at the floor of the sea in terms of that, But I love the optimism. Speaking of that, former President Biden says he feels good and all the folks are very optimistic. He says related to his prostate cancer diagnosis, he spoke at an event in Delaware. So the expectation is he's going to be able to beat this.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 1: He has started treatment. He joked that he has meant incompetent and can't walk.
Speaker 6: As it's not funny jokes anymore.
Speaker 4: I'm asked about.
Speaker 1: When asked about the Democrats, who are reportedly concerned about his run for a second term, he said, why didn't they run against me? Then I could have beaten them all?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next, which decade is most critical.
Speaker 4: For your health?
Speaker 8: And somebody finds them, smell them smelves. Somebody here finds themselves direct try it again. Somebody here finds themsel smack in the middle of said decade.
Speaker 1: That was like that instant mentally incompetent Carimon exactly.
Speaker 8: That's fascinating how quick God was whirling over their words without being zapped in the head. I'll show you that's what God said.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 8: President Trump has been holding a news conference with Elon Musk and the Oval Office today. They're taking questions now. The questions have gone from Elon Musk specifically in his work with Doze, to the conflict that kind of appeared earlier this week. Elon Musk said he wasn't too happy with that big, beautiful, all encompassing bill that's been making its way through Congress. So they're talking about that right now. Is I told you yesterday about that glacier collapse that buried a small town in Switzerland. A natural stone quarry in West Java in Indonesia collapse. Several people who were working on it were killed. More than two dozen people trapped in the rubble when the mine collapsed. Rescuers were able to pull a dozen injured people from the debris during their search effort, but the search effort had to be suspended today because darkness fell and it will resume very early.
Speaker 1: I see your Indonesian tragedy and I raise you a Nigerian tragedy where torrents a pre dawn reign unleashed flooding that killed one hundred and eleven people in a market. This was in northern Nigeria where farmers will sell to people that come up from the south, traders, and it was very crowded as you can imagine, and they are expecting that death told to grow there. They won't say how much rain, but the flooding was just crazy in the morning hours.
Speaker 4: One hundred and eleven killed.
Speaker 6: We have a new spelling champ.
Speaker 8: I saw that Faizan Zaki sees the title of best speller at the Script's National Spelling Bok.
Speaker 6: Seen year old from Allan, Texas. Was the word the word.
Speaker 8: I don't even know how to pronounce the word it claaris it claricis meant.
Speaker 11: E c l I no eclaire e c l a I r yes e s s e.
Speaker 8: A claire cismant eclaire got that part ciss e m e nt interesting ceeis.
Speaker 5: E m e nt.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm an idiot and a padded room in burbank with you.
Speaker 6: I don't like that.
Speaker 8: There's a new study that suggests that there is a very important decade in all of our lives, and what we do to our bodies during that decade can greatly impact the rest of the quality of the rest of our lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, things start taking a toll, don't they. You think you can get away with a lot, and you can until you can't.
Speaker 8: There is a very interesting I wish I could say this. I think we could probably all had some things we wish we could say to our younger selves. But the hangovers that you feel when you're twenty two are very different than the hangovers you feel at thirty two or forty two or fifty two.
Speaker 4: And there's a reason why.
Speaker 8: There's a real I mean, there comes a time in a boy's life when his body begins to change and it never stops.
Speaker 6: I mean, it just goes on and on and on.
Speaker 8: There is a study doctor Philip borg As, an oncologist with the National Health Service over in the UK and founder of the Longevity Doctor, which is a clinic that specializes in preventative medicine, and he says that it's our mid to late thirties when that unhealthy behavior bad diet, drinking, smoking, drugs, whatever it is, can actually show their impact much more so than anything else. And it was interesting because and there's a series of things like rates of lung cancer begin to rise steadily when you are forty. There is cancers which could have been avoided with lifestyle changes that start to show up now younger than ever before. And he specifically, this doctor Borg specifically talks about senescent damage to our cells builds up increasingly when we get to this age of thirty six plus. Sinescent cells are ones which have stopped dividing, but they're still active, and that creates an inflammatory environment which damages neighboring cells. And the more unhealthier lifestyle, the more those damaged cells will accumulate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's accumulative, right, Like you're saying exactly what you're saying. And your body fails to metabolize things the way it used to, whether it be alcohol, sugar without the alcohol, fats, all the things. Your body just doesn't process that stuff the way it used to, which results in x amount.
Speaker 4: Of health issues.
Speaker 1: You know, if there's a reason why you see people getting older and they start eating healthier or whatever, or not eating as much or not drinking as much, and it's because you just can't your body starts pushing back too much like you no, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: You know it's funny because you the term you can't.
Speaker 8: You probably wouldn't even necessarily be able to describe the feeling of having too much of whatever it is, you know, a lack of activity, too much sugar, too much alcohol, too much of this, too much food, whatever. You probably can't even put a good clear finger on describing what that feeling is. But you know it, you know when you've had too much. The way that the doctor says we get over that is obviously we change you change action now because as your metabolic forgiveness begins.
Speaker 6: To wane, I think it's a great term.
Speaker 8: You still have the tremendous ability to course correct because even as your body does get older and all of the metabolism can slow down, you can fire that thing back up. You can reduce the inflammation that you've grown so accustomed to for so long. Talk about cutting alcohol consumption to a degree, best to stop smoking before thirty six.
Speaker 6: You did that, right, Yeah, accounts doctor says.
Speaker 1: When I see people who continue smoking into their forties, I think it's madness.
Speaker 6: Well, we talked about this.
Speaker 8: Oh what was it when some show Oh, it was your Friends and Neighbors, the television show with John Hamm. Yeah, and they run into some cocaine into their mid fifties. And I said, age out of cocaine.
Speaker 1: Felt physical pain watching that episode the other day.
Speaker 6: How their heart doesn't.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm watching this and I'm just watching that night progress. It didn't even look fun to me. It looked painful.
Speaker 8: But that's that thing where you know your body knows that's not the feeling I want to have. That's no whatever fun went with that in the in your early twenties only comes with pain and discomfort and agitation, and.
Speaker 6: Fitness is on the agenda.
Speaker 8: They say you should aim to hit the minimum target of about one hundred and fifty minutes of moderate intensity exercise per week, as well as regular resistance training, strength strength training with weights, build up that bone density, prevent the muscle atrophy, and eat the real foods.
Speaker 1: To eat the real food that the processed foods are doing just as much as the cigarettes and the booze. Honestly, like it's it is not good eating eating real food, Like even if it was just you know, putting a piece of chicken in the grill pan.
Speaker 6: My wife. She is my wife. I live with her. She made hummus the other day.
Speaker 8: That's all, just made hummus because she was gonna buy it and looked at it and was like, I don't know if I need other Like it should just be your garbanzo beans, some olive oil, some garlic, and some taheini. That's it. It doesn't need all the you know, it should be a four ingredient food. Why can't we just make it to buy those ingredients and make it yourself. Sure it was fantastic. Yeah, I bet it tastes nice and fresh. How long did it take her to make that?
Speaker 4: Not long? I bet well?
Speaker 8: There was a She put it in the little food thing first, the little process, shiny, tiny little food processor, and she put too much in it.
Speaker 4: So we did a beer one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what twenty minutes?
Speaker 4: Maybe that's fun. I should do that. I should try that. Debor do you make your own hummus?
Speaker 12: I think I did one time, and it doesn't sound like it went as well as Gary's wife's.
Speaker 6: We'll have to bring some in.
Speaker 4: I would love to try that.
Speaker 12: Hummus is one of my favorite things, and I agree you you really just need a.
Speaker 1: Just like yeah, the chickpeas, the tahini, garlic, olive oil, oil, lemon, maybe a little lot.
Speaker 8: Of yeah, yeah, yeah, you don't have to You don't have to mess with like the sun dried tomatoes or whatever, the special things that people are putting them in there.
Speaker 1: Or just buy hummus. That's a good start, honestly, which is what I do. What do you mean, Oh, if you're eating six cheeseburgers a day, you want to switch out one of those for some hummus?
Speaker 4: You can. You don't have not asking you to get into the food.
Speaker 8: Process or lemon meringue pie to a bowl of humbus. True that you could step down slowly understand that could be a lifestyle starts all all right, the paths we didn't take.
Speaker 6: We'll talk more about that when we come back.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Kean, I heard you talking to Conway about this last night.
Speaker 4: What is the deal here?
Speaker 13: So I can't announce it because he's announcing it today at five thirty five? Okay, but what is public?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: What do we know?
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 4: Is a trip? Somebody's going on a trip with him, or how does.
Speaker 13: It people are going to be able to go on a trip with Conway.
Speaker 1: Like a trip somewhere. Yeah, not just like to the Vond's and Burbank.
Speaker 6: No, okay, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: So so how did this come to be? Who came up with this idea?
Speaker 6: I think sales?
Speaker 4: Oh, I see, I see.
Speaker 1: So it's like when John Cobalt goes to Iceland into the urine pools and takes.
Speaker 4: People with him urine pools. Maybe they weren't urine pools. Maybe they were called something different. What were they called.
Speaker 8: The Showers of Golden Light or something like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I called them the urine pools though, that was odd. But I just remember John talking about going on a trip, and it sounded like when Elf goes to the North Pole and goes through the gun gum drop of Fairyland and then gumdrop for drop. Yeah, the forest, the candy cake forest, all of the stuff. That's what John sounded like talking about his trip. So I can't wait to hear Conway. We don't know where it is, though, Hakeiana, No, is that going to be announced today at five point thirty?
Speaker 13: Well, I mean people know, but we can't. This is It's for Conway to tell everybody.
Speaker 4: I see else? Is it in this land? Is it in America?
Speaker 1: It's in a land, It's in a land in Tristing. You know what that sounds like? Well, I won't say it, but I have an idea. Do you want you jeopardy question? Yeah, let's do it, Okay, art and artists for twelve hundred dollars and artists you love art. I thought that was going to be a path that you almost took, the art gallery path. In eighteen eighty eight, this Dutch master painted fishing boats on the beach for his brother.
Speaker 6: Theo what is or who is Vincent ben?
Speaker 4: Go see? I didn't know that.
Speaker 8: I mean I got it right. What were the first like three words of that sentence?
Speaker 10: Dutch?
Speaker 4: Eighteen eighty eight? Yeah?
Speaker 6: How many Dutch are?
Speaker 4: How many Vans? Do I know? And that's true.
Speaker 8: We asked earlier, which path did you almost take but didn't or paths changed through no fault of your own, and your life completely different as a result of it.
Speaker 10: Hi, guys, my dad was really big on education, sent me to a college prep high school, and I was supposed to go to college and I was enrolled, but I didn't. I joined the military instead. After four years active, I got a job as a federal employee and did great, loved it, best thing I ever did.
Speaker 8: Good Good for you. Military is a strong choice for a lot of people.
Speaker 14: Hi, Gary, Hi Shannon calling from Bozeman, Montana.
Speaker 6: Hey, Colin Well.
Speaker 15: In my early.
Speaker 14: Twenties, I was bartending at Hennessy's in Dana Point, California, and one of my regulars she ended up being a madam and offered me a job and gave me a five thousand dollars check and took me about a week and I declined the offer and kept bartending.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean that kind of goes along with bartending, doesn't it. The sex and at Hennessy's. That's a double dose right there. I mean, I think a lot of people end up in sex work after a night at Hennessy's.
Speaker 16: Ibouked it.
Speaker 10: Many moons ago.
Speaker 16: I was going to college for business because I thought I was going to get into banking, and one day I won a radio station contest for two tickets to go see MCA Hammer on the party bus with the radio station and the Inland Empire. On the bus, I sat next to the promotion director who told me about his job. It invited me to become an intern, and from that day on I ended up during radio for twenty five years.
Speaker 1: Wow at an MC hammer. That's kind of how it happens. You kind of fall into those things, right.
Speaker 6: Hey, daring Shannon.
Speaker 15: I went into the Navy in eighty five after high school, got out in eighty nine honorably discharged. But looking back, I think I would have stayed in at least thirty years, if not forty years, and drew a really nice pension and traveled all over the world and have a lot more experience than what I did get for just four years. Could have done a lot of schooling and had them pick up the bill for everything.
Speaker 6: I had, faithful all would have been a good deal.
Speaker 5: Gary Shannon Courtney without a you from living in California, I think that moment for me was when I got a d in English and local community college here because I didn't attend the class, and I suddenly I think I'll join the Air Force. That changed my trajectory.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love your shoe high, that'll do it.
Speaker 12: I was in college and I got engaged, and then I decided I really didn't want to do that, so I ran away and joined the Navy. So, yeah, my life took a much different path than I had anticipated.
Speaker 1: I think the military worth it, though we keep hearing the same kind of story involving the military. That is really one way to dramatically change the trajectory of your life by either staying in the military or getting or enlisting in the military, because it changes everything about your life like that.
Speaker 4: It gives you direction, a new direction.
Speaker 1: It's you know, I can't imagine that being a huge course.
Speaker 4: I don't want to say correction.
Speaker 6: Alteration, Yeah, alteration. There was one who called her.
Speaker 8: The left a message that the audio wasn't very good, so we didn't play it, but he said that right after September eleventh, he angrily joined the Marine Corps and as he's driving to his physical his girlfriend at the time called and said that she was pregnant. Yeah, and he turned around and went home. Wow, she did not join the Marine Corps. Wow, but you know, has a few kids and it is still married and all that sort.
Speaker 17: Of Shannon annoyed listener John checking in.
Speaker 6: Hey, annoyed John.
Speaker 10: When I moved.
Speaker 17: Back to California from New York. After fifteen years drinking myself sick and finally getting sober, I reconnected, not on purpose, but inadvertently got reconnected with my high school sweetheart, and I thought there was.
Speaker 10: A chance of us getting back together.
Speaker 17: She was married, so I passed on an electrical apprenticeship program.
Speaker 6: I don't know how it ended up.
Speaker 4: I hate it when we don't find out the ending.
Speaker 6: There's only so much time the story my path.
Speaker 8: Ye right, I was working in Seattle, but I was in Phoenix, Arizona at the time that Laura Ingle called me. Laura Ingle now of News Nation, formerly a Fox News and before that KFBK and KFI, and she had called me to say that KFI was hiring and asked if she could give my name to some news director named Chris Little.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's funny because Laura Ingle left for Fox in New York and that's the position I took here. Yeah, that's because she laughed, how weird, what a weird thing? And we should call Laura more often.
Speaker 6: She's busy.
Speaker 4: I know she's busy.
Speaker 6: Time for people like us, I.
Speaker 4: Know nobody really does ps.
Speaker 1: We did put a video up on our Instagram at Gary and Shannon of Michael Monks trying to milk an almond.
Speaker 4: So check it out. That's white, bro.
Speaker 6: Are they flying yet?
Speaker 7: Are they flying out?
Speaker 1: I'm watching them right now and they sorry, they are. You know, when you mock, it can be hurtful.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the point.
Speaker 4: Oh, so the I know what I'm doing.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: So the eglits right now are side by side in the nest, just chilling. They're sitting down and they're just chilling. It looks windy up there by the way. And the sun, I mean, while the sun is still owed, it's not as bright as it was in the morning, obviously.
Speaker 4: And Amy thinks.
Speaker 1: Amy King is our resident eglet fishing and auto slash enthusiast, and she thinks it's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Flight's gonna happen tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I've been reading through the comments and it looks like a lot of people have their money on Sunday.
Speaker 4: But Amy says tomorrow.
Speaker 1: And we did see at about nine thirty this morning, we saw Sonny nearly take flight, I mean basically the hover it was.
Speaker 4: It was in between a flight and a hover.
Speaker 1: It was like a hover flight, and then swiftly made her way back into the nest or his way.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure it's flight.
Speaker 6: Bro, it was I felt like it was flight. That's flight.
Speaker 2: That's w Bro.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll talk trending when we come back.
Speaker 8: What you learned this week on the Gary and Channel shop that's today. Leave us a talkback message and let us know what you have learned so far this week.
Speaker 1: That must mean we've got the nine news nuggets coming up too. Kiana usually puts a lot of genitals in here. We'll see what today offers.
Speaker 4: Oh, we have your tame? Is it tame? Oh no, she's losing her edge.
Speaker 13: Well, I used all of the content, so no genitals.
Speaker 4: Huh Yeah, We've got to wait. I don't see any genitals in here, not a one.
Speaker 6: Gary and Shannon will continue right after this. You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 8: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.