Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond.
Speaker 2: With Cliff and Bubo.
Speaker 3: These guys are your favorites, so like say subscribe and rain it. I'm stuck.
Speaker 1: Me greatest gone.
Speaker 3: Yesterday and listening watching Limb always keep its watching.
Speaker 2: And now you're hosts Cliff.
Speaker 3: Berrickman and James Bubo Fay.
Speaker 2: Greetings, Bobes, Matt, how you guys doing good? Awesome, pretty excited day. We have a cool guest barely I have barely begun to meet this gentleman. We're going to hop right into we can catch up. I guess on the members sing later or something. But so I got this text a while ago from Shane Corson, our good friend Shane Corson, saying, hey, Cliff, there's this dude. You should meet him. He's a bigfooter. He's in the Fish. He plays guitar. I was just talking the other day and I'm thinking, what a perfect guest for Bigfoot and Beyond. And so I say, all right, well whatever, I'll give this guy call. I gave him a call, and sure enough he's great gentleman named Larry Anderson. Hey Larry, how you doing this evening?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great? Thanks for having me on. I'm honored.
Speaker 2: We are honored, of course, because it turns out you're also a longtime listener.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you guys have given me so many hours of great entertainment between the podcast and the Finding Bigfoot show that I hope I'm able to give something back here.
Speaker 2: Well, I got something out of our conversation, so I'm sure that our listeners are going to enjoy this one too. Well, Larry, none of us. I didn't know you until a couple of days ago. I don't think Bobo or Matt knows you really. I think Matt, Matt you said you might have met Larry at one point.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty certain of it. Back when I was living in Washington and out in the field there a lot I've heard the name.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, as it turns out, Larry's been lurking around the shadows of Bigfoot for kind of a long time. But before we get into that, maybe we should introduce him to our listeners in this sort of way, Larry, introduce yourself like Larry Anderson, what do you do for money? And and also you can circle back around and tell is how you started this big Foot adventure of yours.
Speaker 3: Sure you know I've always had two or three jobs, it seems like, so I stayed pretty busy. Now. My main occupation is a guitar instructor, and I do teach a little bit of bass guitar and keyboards as well. And I have a car detailing business that I do off and on. I've been doing that since I was twenty years old and I'm fifty seven now. And I got into the whole Sasquatch subject when I was eight or nine years old. My dad took me to see a movie in downtown Mount Vernon. I was born and raised in Mount Vernon, Washington. I still live here. And he took me to see this movie in a theater downtown and it was a Bigfoot movie. I've scoured YouTube to try to find this documentary and I have not been able to find it. All I can say is it scared me pretty bad. And my dad a conversation we had about fifteen years ago. I remember he told me that I didn't sleep for two months after he took me to see that. So my dad had worked for the Scadget County Road Crew and had something happen to him when he was up in a rock corry way up in rural eastern Skadget County, and I guess him and a couple of the guys were up there having lunch in the corry and something back in the woods just cut loose on him and started screaming at him. And he always thought that that might have been a bigfoot. So he wanted to go see that documentary and he took me with him, and that sparked my interest. So from there I started going down to the public library and just I think the two books that they had were both the John Green books, and I think they probably spent half the time at my house, and then i'd take them back and go down a month later and check them out again. So I started reading bills and I kind of took off on it.
Speaker 2: So when did you transition from a kid in the library to somebody who's doing stuff in the field.
Speaker 3: Well, through high school, we used to hike into a lake that was only about five miles from Mount Vernon, but it was called Lake ten. It's still there, but it's been bought by, believe it or not, a guy named David Gates, who was the lead songwriter for the band Bread from the nineteen seven. Before that, it was owned by a real estate developer who luckily never did anything with it. And he he actually gave me the key after he bought it from the state. He gave me the key to the gate so I could go in there and steal fish and do my thing. But through high school we used to go out there. It was kind of our second home, and before we even had driver's licenses, our parents. It usually ended up being somebody's mom, but my granddad also took us up there quite often, and they would just drop us off at the trailhead and we would hike down into this lake and spend the weekend and then meet them back up, you know, Sunday they'd come and pick us up and bring us home so he can go back to school. Now, I guess this is back in the mid eighties, so you could still do stuff like that with your kids. And we had an encounter up there in the summer of nineteen eighty five. After that happened a couple of years later, in the local newspaper, they did an article on John Andrews, and he a big, big, full page article, and he had left his phone number and said if anybody has any information or has had a sighting or anything to call me. So I think there were seven or eight of us who had had different encounters on this mountain that Lake Ten is on, by the way, is called Devil's Mountain, So this entire area is Devil's Mountain and Lake Ten. It's just it's only as the crow flies, about a mile and a half or two miles from Interstate five. But once you got up there, you felt like you were way in the back country back then before they came in and built palases and everything. So we all got together with John Andrews one night in my friend's living room, and John and his wife Linda came up to see us, and we kept him pretty busy for about two hours, telling him about different things that happened in this area back in the eighties and early nineties. So then I went out with John a couple of weeks after that, and we'd gone up there to do some investigating, and that kind of kicked off my serious or semi serious investigation and to Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: And you've just been running with it ever since.
Speaker 3: Yes, off and on, and I am up in the mountains, especially from about April until October. It is rarely a weekend that goes by that, I'm not up in the mountains unless I have a band gig or something thing like that that's keeping me home. I'm pretty much every week I'm up in the cascades or the foothills doing something. So even if I'm not up there researching Bigfoot activity or something, it's usually I'm hiking into a lake to go fishing, or mountain biking, or I've really got into e biking the last couple of years. So you know, I'm up there for various reasons, but I've always got my eyes and ears open.
Speaker 2: So John Andrews was kind of like the gateway for you into a world of Bigfoot. And then I don't think you could probably ask for a better gateway into Bigfoot than John, just because he's been around the game for so long and has met and knows so many people. I know that on the phone you and I talked about and you went to that conference in the late nineties or something with John right, and you had the chance to meet a fair number of people at that gig.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was very interesting. Yeah, Grover Krantz was there or ready to hand in was there? Peter Burn, and there was a guy named Colony lapseritis, who I'm sure you've heard of. He was out in the hall. He had a big he had a big a table set up with all kinds of things to look at.
Speaker 2: And what year was this?
Speaker 3: I think that was nineteen ninety eight, Okay?
Speaker 2: And where was this?
Speaker 3: It was in Vancouver, BC.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, Well would you remember about that because in ninety eight, that was before this onslaught of Bigfoot conferences that we're kind of dealing with now.
Speaker 3: You know, it wasn't very well attended, especially for something in the middle of Vancouver, BC. I mean, I went to the Ocean Shores Sasquatch Summit in twenty sixteen. I met you there briefly, Cliff, and it was nothing like the twenty sixteen Sasquatch Summit, which I think there were eight or nine hundred people. This one in Vancouver in nineteen ninety eight. I think you would have been lucky to have two hundred. With the big names there, I mean, Grover Krantz and Rennie to Hindon. You know, I just watched that movie the other night again after you and I spoke, and I watched which movie is this the I think it's called Sasquatch Odyssey, the one that Henry Franzella yah, And I've watched it several times because John Anders and I have a little cameo in it where they're interviewing Rennie to hindon who was really wound up at this thing? I mean he was. He was a rabble rouser to say the least. And John and I walked behind him on the camera. I think I was eyeing the cookies on the table and they were interviewing him, and I have to say he was fairly obnoxious to say the least.
Speaker 2: Well in what way? What did he do that made you come to that conclusion?
Speaker 3: Well, every time somebody got up to speak, he would just right out in public. He would just start yelling at him and badgering them and you know, arguing with him, telling him basically flat out that they were full of bs. And I think he did that to Grover Krantz too, which is probably why when I came up to Grover Krantz and introduced myself to him and tried to talk to him, he was just he was in a very foul mood. I don't think he wanted to talk to anybody, and so I probably got to doctor Krantz after Rannie de Hinden had had ruined his day. Is kind of the feeling that I got, you know, I got to give Grover credit. I might have just hit him at a bad time. But when I when I tried to talk to him, he had no interest in hearing about another big foot encounter, which is what I wanted to share with him. So that was unfortunate. But you know, I can't control that.
Speaker 2: And that was your only run in with Krantz, your only opportunity to really connect with him. Yes, Okay, Now did you speak to Renee when you were there, or did you just, like, you know, stare at him agast from a distance.
Speaker 3: I don't remember speaking to him. I think he might have. He might have intimidated me with his attitude. I think I just kind of stayed away from him. I do remember John and I commenting about how about his behavior? I remember that much.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then did you say Burne was there as well, Peter?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't think I talked to him very much either.
Speaker 2: At the conference. But did you have run into him later?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I did. He had that I don't know what he called it, bigfoot information Center or something down in Dallas, Oregon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the trailer next to Spooky's.
Speaker 3: Is that what it was? Well, my father in law used to live in White Salmon, and I knew about Peter Burn being down in the Dallas. So when we went to White sam and I called him and he had a phone number where you could reach him, and so I called him and he said he was there, but he wasn't taking any visitors that day for whatever reason. So I just spoke with him on the phone for a while. He was very nice. I probably talked to him for a half hour and told him where I was from, and you know the encounters that I had up to that time. And yeah, he was very receptive and more than happy to talk with me, but he just said he wasn't accepting any visitors.
Speaker 2: Very good. Now, of course we've touched upon very briefly some of your encounters I suppose with three of the four you know, Renee, Grover and Peter. But John Green was not at that event, but you actually ran across him later and I thought this was a pretty amusing story. Why don't you tell that to us?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think this was around it was twenty ten, as I found it on my Facebook post. We had a gift certificate to go to Harrison Hot Springs and stay at one of the hotels up there for the night and have dinner. And I'd never been there, and so I couldn't wait to go. And it was kind of during the off season. I think it was in November, and so we drove up there and you know, did the tourism thing and had a great dinner. And the next day I wanted to go up to that up to the Sasquatch Park, which is I believe on the east side of Harrison Lake. You drive out of town, it's not very far out of town, and so we drove up to this lake that was I want to say, at the most three or four miles out of Harrison Hot Springs. And I know that this lake has had a couple of big sightings, so I wanted to go check out that lake. And we walked around through the campsites looking for tracks. Of course, it was freezing outside, so there's nobody there. And on our way back down the road, there's this couple walking up the road and I drove by him in my truck and I said to my wife, that guy looks like John Green. And then it just clicked with me that he lived in Harrison Hot Springs or near there, and so I turned around, drove back past him again and it was him. So I stopped my truck up the road a little bit from him and got out. I didn't want to be confrontational or scar him, you know, he was with his wife. And I asked him if he was John Green, and introduced myself and I told him that I was a friend of John Andrews. So that immediately, I think, took his dard down because we had a mutual friend, you know. And so we talked for a while, and I think at first John Green's wife probably thought I was nuts, you know, a fanboy stopping on the side of the road to talk to him. And I think my wife was back in my truck with a bag over her head for a while. And so anyway, I had a book, a big Foot book in my truck, and I thought it was the Locals, but it wasn't because I looked through that book. But I've got a huge library. I don't remember whose book it was, but it wasn't one of John Green's. But it had a picture of him in it. So I found that picture and had John autograph it, and I didn't take up too much of his time, you know, maybe ten or fifteen minutes, and that was it. I mean, it was really cold out and I'm sure he didn't want to stop walking up that hill to talk to me very long because it was it was chilly. That was quite the lucky encounter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're looking for you you go looking for a Bigfoot, but you find the most one of the most famous bigfooters ever. Right, that's pretty ironic. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 1: And I was really curious, Lay, because I know it's been mentioned a couple of times that you'd had some encounters up to that point that had prompted you to want to reach out to some of these people to discuss those. I'd love to hear about those. I'm sure the audience would as well.
Speaker 3: Great. I need to start this the Devil's Mountain. All the counters that went around happened around Devil's Mountain in Lake ten There is a legendary creature, most likely a Bigfoot, but everybody calls it the monster. And from what I've gathered, it's just not all bigfoot are black or brown hair. This one's lighter hair, and it's a real dirty, lighter color. And so the yellow monster is this Devil's Lake creature that many many people have seen. And the first time I heard about this was, like I said, a lot of times, my friend's parents, especially the mothers, would give us a ride up and drop us off at this trailhead. And one of my friends John, his mom, when she was giving us a ride up there, she said, oh, this is where I was camping when I was in high school. And we were in the rock corry up above the lake. And we left our camp and came back to camp and something had demolished our campsite and it was still up in the woods, throwing rocks and garbage down into our campsite. And she said, then we saw it and it was a bigfoot. And we just said, yeah, nice, trying to scare us, you know, trying to scare us out of here, drop us off at the lake for the night and give us a good horror story before you leave. And we just kind of wrote it off. And about a year later I was up there waiting for my grandfather to come and pick me up. I was up there by myself. All my other friends had gone home early, and I wanted to stand fish longer. So I was up there waiting for him, and a guy drove up in a truck. He was an older guy in his probably seventies or eighties, and he started telling me. We had discussed the history of this area for quite a while before he brought this up. He started telling me he was deer hunting up there once and also saw a bigfoot, and he said it was kind of a bright, dirty white yellow color. And I said, well, that's funny because my friend's mom told us about a year ago that she saw one up here too, and it tore their campsite apart and threw stuff at him. He said, the one that he saw just walked out of the woods and turn around and walk back into the woods again. So that was the second story I heard. And then between my junior and senior year in high school, we were camped down and it was in the summer. It was in August, and there were three of us, and we used to camp up there, like I said, in the summer, probably every other weekend for years and never had anything happen. So we got pretty sloppy about cleaning up our campsite at night. You know, we didn't hang our food or anything because nothing ever happened. And I had just left my fishing tackle out in my backpack leaning up against the tree next to my tent. And you know, none of us really cleaned up after ourselves like you should, because, like I say, we were just sloppy. And I was in a tent by myself up above my two friends who were in a pretty good size, like a four person tent, and I was in a smaller pupp by myself, and something woke me up about one o'clock in the morning, and it had walked past my tent, and it was kind of squeaking. It was just making some little chirping noises. And then I heard something messing around with my backpack and a couple cans that I had left out probably are empty cans of spaghetti and meatballs or whatever we had for dinner. So I yelled said, hey, if anything's out there, you know, get out of here. And then my friends down in the other tent they said, hey, what was that. I said, well, I don't know, something walked past my tent was making some weird noises, and then it was digging around in my backpack. And so about five minutes passed and then one of those cans went rolling down the hill past my tent and into my friend's tent, and then whatever was in my pack, it just all hell broke loose and it just things went flying everywhere, and I just figured it was a bear. Opened up my tent door, and I had a twenty two rifle that I always kept loaded, and I just pointed it up in the air and shot about five times up in the tree to hopefully scare whatever it was off. And that campsite is very very dark and I couldn't see very well, but there was this big black figure and it ran off and past that campsite. There's a big swamp that you have to hike through to get to the next campsite, kind of around the corner on the lake. And when this thing went through that swamp, it sounded like a freight train was running through it. So I came flying out of my tent and my two friends came out of their tent, and we just had figured it was a bear, and we immediately started a big fire, picked up all our garbage, you know, cleaned up our camp like we should have in the first place. And I was not going to go sleep in my tent by myself after that, so my friends had a tent. It was plenty big enough for me. So I hauled my sleep and bagged my sleep and pad down there. About an hour later we started going back to sleep, and something on the other side of that lake, which is it's about a fourteen acre lake, so it's not that big. It's kind of a longer, narrow lake. Something on the other side of the lake started. First it was just the typical like the Ohio howl that you've heard or you know John Andrews recordings that he got down off highway too, just the long, drawn out howls. But it started coming back around the lake towards us, and the howls got higher pitched, like screaming, but not like a cougar, but a different kind of screen. And so we were terrified and banging pots and pans together and everything, and shooting our guns in the air. And finally it was yelling like that off and on for a couple of minutes, and then it just quit and the place just went dead silent, and about as soon as we could see the trail, we ran up there and got out of there and jumped in my friend's car and went home. And I came home about five o'clock in the morning, and I remember my mom was up. She got up very early, and she goes, what happened to you guys, And we were all terrified. So one of the guys in the tent was was crying when we were sitting there listening to this thing yelling. So that that was our first possible encounter with a Sasquatch up the Devil's Mountain and Lake.
Speaker 2: And that's the one you told John Andrews when you spoke to him for the first time.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did. And I also this is probably around two thousand. I found the BFRO website and I went there and filed that report, and whoever posted it really turned it around. And so what you read on that report ended up being not what happened at all. I can't remember what they did to my report, but they butchered it whoever did that. So, I mean, the time in the place is right, but the details were all wrong.
Speaker 2: Now you saw a large dark figure there. But later on a few sentences later, you commented, you just assumed it might have been a bear. Did the figure look like a bear when you saw it?
Speaker 3: It was just a big black figure. And I was in my tent, and so that's all I could see. Like I said, I that campsite was so dark you couldn't really see a lot. And at first, you know, when something like that happens, you just I mean, I knew there were a bear up there, and we had just assumed, okay, it was a bear. And so we got some sap off of a tree and started a fire real fast, a big fire, and just like I said, we cleaned up our camp. But when now, when this thing started screaming, it was definitely not a bear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you mentioned noises you described as chirping. I'm interested in that, like woul describe that noise. You're a musician, what kind of use of that sound vocabulary? And tell me as much as you can about what that noise sounded like.
Speaker 3: It was a high pitch kind of a chatter, and like I said, it woke me up out of a dead sleep. And you know, you're kind of in that state where you're about half asleep and half awake and you're you're listening to this. This same exact noise happened to me when I was camping near Bumping Lake with Paul Graves. By the way, it was almost the same exact noise many years later, I think that was twenty sixteen, and so it was between our tents and it was making this chirping noise, and that's what initially woke me up. And it's it's hard to put a finger on exactly what that was because it didn't wake me right up like bam on manute, you know, you're just wide awake with your eyes bugged out. It kind of woke me up slowly, and I just remember this chattering noise like something was talking, you know, And there's there's probably a lot of small all animals that could do that, like raccoons and things, I know, make noises. So I didn't wake up thinking automatically that it was, you know, a bigfoot or something between our two tents. I just wondered, you know, what it could have been. But that was the noise that initially woke me up.
Speaker 2: But that was only the first of your encounters. I know you've been doing a lot of bigfoot stuff for a long time. Tell us about another one that sticks out your mind.
Speaker 3: My one visual sighting was in two thousand and eight and we were camping up at Baker Lake. And usually when I go camping, i'm backpacking or car camping way off somewhere remote, but this time we were actually in a campsite of Horseshoe Cove right on Baker Lake, you know, camping with a lot of other people. And I had taken off at night, a couple hours before dark, and it was during grouse hunting season. So I took off on my mountain bike and had a twenty two pistol and went up to ride some side roads to see if I could get a grouse. And I saw a lot of grouse, but I didn't get any of them. And it's hard to hunt on a bicycle with a gun. It all seems like it's it's good until you go out and try to do it and it doesn't work so well. And so I got up real early the next morning and went up there again, and on my way back, I was coming down a long road. It was Sunday morning, early and there was no traffic, nobody out and this tall, dark black figure walked out of the woods, across the road and down into the woods on the other side, and it was moving fast. I'm not sure that it even saw me. It was probably one hundred to one hundred and twenty five yards in front of me. And so I stopped on my bike and kind of gathered my thoughts. And the problem was I had to cross this thing's path to get back to our camp. I couldn't turn around the other way. I had to go back that way. So I was pretty freaked out, and I thought, well, you know, what could it be. There's nobody around here, there's no cars parked. I don't think that was a hunter because it was all black, no gun, no backpack, and the way it was walking, it didn't look like just a guy out for a run. And so I waited about a minute. And of course, when I'm riding my bike with a gun and I'm hunting, I don't have a shell in the chamber. So I did. I put a shell in the chamber and rode up there and stopped. And there was no trail where this thing came out of the woods on one side of the road and went down on the other side. There was no path. It was just going cross country through the bushes, a lot of ferns, Devil's Club, that kind of thing. So it wasn't easy going and it was moving fast. So I yelled one time. I think I yelled, Hey, is there anybody there? I didn't get an answer, and then I just took off and went back to camp. I told my wife, and I had one friend in camp who we we have spent a lot of nights by the campfire talking about Bigfoot, and my friend Jody, and I told him when he got up, I don't I still I think by the time I got back into camp, I don't think anybody was even up yet. That's that's how early I was been out hunting. And yeah, so I told Jody and told my wife, and I don't think either one of them were that shocked, because you know, Baker Lake is a very hot area for Bigfoot, and you know I was out early. A lot of a lot of stories come out of Baker Lake. I know the BFRO they conduct investigations up there as well, and so it's always been a popular spot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been there. It's definitely a hot spot. I don't have anything happened. But I've talked to tons of people out.
Speaker 3: I believe, Bobo, that that's the only thing I've ever had happen up in that area. I've I would like to get into some of the vocalizations and things that I've heard over the year, but I've spent a lot of time up around Baker Lake, and I think that was the only thing that I've ever had happen up there. But a visual is enough. I mean, that's I'm very happy to have had that happen.
Speaker 2: Oh I trade one hundred sound events for one visual.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, even though it was hunting season, I can tell you there were no cars around the way this thing was moving and where I saw it, and the fact that wasn't carrying anything. You know, it was one hundred yards away and I was on my bike and this thing broke out of the woods and moved across the road pretty fast. So I can't say one hundred percent that it was a bigfoot, But at this point, when you sit down and look at the whole picture, you know, I want to say I'm ninety percent sure that it was.
Speaker 1: I'll give you that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that seems fair, It seems fair.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and beyond with Cliff and Bogo will be right back for these messages. So you said, you want to talk to us about some of the vocalizations that you've heard. Have you recorded any or just heard them or you.
Speaker 3: Know they're usually when I, in fact, every time I've heard these vocalizations, I'm on my way to a lake or coming back from a lake to go fishing. And I'm not out researching Bigfoot. I'm not set up for it. I do have a Taskam recorder, but I've actually gone through two of them. I broke my first one. I bought another one last summer after an experience I had up by Darrington, and so I thought, you know what, I need to go out and buy another Taskam recorder. The best vocalization that I've heard, we were not set up for at all. It was in two thousand and one, and there's a lake kind of near Concrete, Washington Concrete and Scadget County. It's called Day Lake, and you used to be able to in the seventies and eighties. You could just drive right into it, but since then they've gated off fall the logging roads. So it's about a ten mile bike ride into this lake, and we just this was before e bikes, like I said, two thousand and one, So we just parked the truck at the gate and my friend Julio and I rode our mountain bikes in and to fish the lake. So it's quite a long bike ride. It takes about two hours to get in there on logging roads on bikes, and the last mile and a half or so of the road before you get to the lake is they put it to sleep. So every year that we went in there they dug a great big ditch so you couldn't drive in any farther, even if you had a key to the gate, you couldn't drive down. And the road was done, and they dug some of the big tank traps in it so nobody could drive down it, so they were just letting the road go. And just to the west of that road was used to be a huge beaver pond that the dam had broke and drained all the water out, so it was just kind of a big swamp down there, and we were going in on our bikes, and down in that swamp we heard these two vocalizations that sounded like apes laughing at us, and it was so eerie. And first time we heard them, they were probably about i would say, within a quarter mile away, and there were at least two of them, and they were carrying on like almost like they were laughing. So we stopped and listened, kept going, and about another five minutes we were much closer to them, and they lit up again. And I've never heard anything like this in my life. They were definitely ape sounding, and they were laughing and almost trying to mimic us when we were talking.
Speaker 2: What do you mean by mimic? Kelly, tell us more about that.
Speaker 3: When we would talk, they would say something, but they were talking in a different tongue, obviously some kind of a It was just gibberish. And then another one of them would bust up and start. It was almost like a chimpanzee laughing. And they were down in this swamp area. And so the second time we heard them, my friend Julio he goes, I'm not leaving my bike here because the road was getting so bad. I was just going to ditch my bike and we were going to go into the lake and fish. And he said, I'm not even going to leave my bike here. And I ditched my bike and walked and he hauled his bike the rest of the way into the lake. Over All these down trees and everything, the chattering and the laughter, and I mean a lot of it sounded like kind of like what you hear in the Sierra sounds, but this was different. It was much more ape like. And I wish, I mean, I wish I'd had something to record. You know, this is back before cell phones even, you know, two thousand and one, prehistoric times compared to the technology we have now. So yeah, I wish I could have got that on recorded it with something. But that was memorable.
Speaker 1: That is such a great area. I spent a lot of time just a little bit east of there, closer to like Gee Creek and Gee Point and Finished Sreek.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is another one of my spots. And I've got a really good story from that area too.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'd love to hear. One of the best nights I had in those three years in the Northwest was right out there. It was amazing.
Speaker 3: That's amazing, that is And I have to ask, when when did you do your research up there?
Speaker 1: Two thousand and eight, nine and twenty ten, those three years, I.
Speaker 3: Could have run into you up there, and I heard the most fascinating story of a guy friend of mine who is grouse hunting and up the old g Creek road. They put it to sleep, that back when it was still walkable. That I'd love to tell you sometime too. I've always fished the two lakes up on top of the mountain there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd love to hear about your other experiences up there, and even like the grouse hunter story sounds really interesting.
Speaker 3: The grouse hunter story, I can make that quick. And he initially he told me when he told me about this, he said, do not tell anybody about this area. And of course I'm going to go ahead and tell you now, because you cannot walk down this road anymore. It is completely overgrown. It is impenetrable. It's so bad that this guy, back when the road was put to sleep, that you could still walk it. He had walked up the road when he was in high school with a four to ten shotgun and he was hunting grouse and he set up the road. From him, this bigfoot came walking down this embankment where you and I would have to walk sideways and sidestep it going down. You know, one of those kind of ditch things on the side of the road, and he said, this thing was walking with his feet pointed straightforward across the road and down the other side and down into the g Creek Valley. And so he came back to tell his grandpa back at camp and told his grandpa what he saw, and his grandpa said, yeah, I know, I've seen one up there too, So he just didn't want to tell him about it. That was about the extent of that story, but he he had told me to keep that area quiet, and I told one person. And I think that's how Jim Bodiska found out about it, and that's that's probably how you ended up finding out about it. But that's that's all good. I'm you know, in the end, it's great. I'm glad you got up there too.
Speaker 1: Oh it was amazing up there. Yeah, the first time went we were we stayed up with that quarry and then started going to those other areas around there for subsequent visits. And then one time Tyler and I and a friend of his went up there and we were so far above the snow line. I couldn't even tell you when we hit the snow line, but we just kept going up and up and up, and by the time we got up there were several feet of snow, which we didn't really know at the time because you just see this white blanket, you know. But Tyler had one of those metal fire pits and burned firewood in it all night. So in the morning that thing was like three feet down in snow, oh where it had melted. But that night we got wood knocks in response to you know, mimicked vocalizations because I kept thinking, like, man, we're too high above the snow line. I don't think there's going to be anything up here, And we got to like right at dark, and then you know, hours later we started getting woodennock responses. And then the next day when we were walking around up there, we saw a lot of critters moving deer and things like that. So I was surprised that how much life there was way up above the snow line like that. But that's that's a great area. So, like I said, I'd love to hear more of the things that you've experienced out there.
Speaker 3: So that area has the crow flies from day Lake, where Julio and I had heard the laughter. If you go west from day Lake and you find Big Lake, and just west of Big Lake is Lake ten and Devil's Mountain. So that area from Devil's Mountain to g Point, that entire area in there is is kind of my hot spot. I've got stories all over that area. So, you know, most of my big foot encounters have not been up in the alpine country. It's been in that lower level and foothills, like from one thousand feet up to you know, four thousand feet elevation area. So a lot of it, A lot of this has happened in the in the foothills of Skadget County, in Watkam County. The vocalizations and the everything else I've had happened that the big story I have from g Point and this is going to crack you guys up. Have any of you ever heard of Richard Grover?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he was. He was a topic just by himself that I could talk about for ten minutes. But so Richard Grover and I and John Anders and a friend of mine who is a friend of the family, a guy who is still in high school at this time. This was in two thousand and five, and we had planned a trip to hike into g Point Lake, which is It's only two miles from the car on the trailhead, but that is the longest two miles you will ever hike. And there's a rock slide that you have to go down to get to the lake that is very intimidate dating if you've never done it. And John brought Richard, and Richard brought enough stuff for him, but he needed to camp with somebody who was more well equipped because he didn't have a camp stove, didn't have a water filter, you know, so he was kind of relying on us. And we got to that rock slide and I knew Richard was never going to get down it. And I'm the fisherman in the group. I'm the only one with a fishing pole in my pack, and I really wanted to get down and fish g Point lake because I'm in the club that stalks trout in the lake. The woman who stalks the lake has to stalk it with goats that have to get the fish down the rocks because it's so hard to get to and so I really wanted to get down about lake to fish. But John Andrews and the other guy, the high school kid who went, they had already they were already halfway down that rock slope, and I was back with rich kind of taking care of him. So I thought, oh, I can't. I'm not going to be able to go fish that lake. And I was not happy at all. And so to make the best of the trip, Richard and I went back and camped in this beautiful meadow that was kind of off the trail on the hike end. And this meadow is just pristine, and I hated to even go in it and set up a tent in it, but it was about the only place I could find a camp, and so Richard and I each had a tent. I think I actually loaned him one of my tents when we were at the house before we left, and we went in there and went back in the woods a little bit and found a place to safely start a very small fire, and cooked our dinner and everything and talked, and you know, Richard's a great guy, so it wasn't like the trip was a total loss. I mean, we were having a good time. And right it was about eleven o'clock at night. Right when I went in and laid my head down on my pillow in my tent, I heard this big, loud smash, and I yelled to Richard, said what was that? And he was still kind of fumbling around in his tent, getting his sleeping bag and everything ready, and he didn't hear it. And then as soon as he settled down, it happened again. And it was just like something was picking up like a stump the size of a Volkswagen beetle and throwing it down on the ground back in the woods on the other side of the meadow from us, and it was just bash, bash, And I came flying out of my tent so fast, and I running over to Richard, and Richard's eyes were as big as fifty cent pieces and he goes, oh my god, I think we got I think he called it the booger. He goes, he always called it the booger. He goes, we got the booger, and it's right over there on the woods. And so we just sat there for a second. I said, just listen, I just want to see what that is. And sure enough, about a minute later, it went off again, about eight successive times, just crash. I don't know what it was beating up and what it was thrashing around, but it was real loud, and it was almost shaking the ground. And then it just quit, So of course we couldn't get back to sleep. We started a fire again, and I don't think we got any sleep that night, and nothing else happened. That was the end of that, but those noises that had gone on for the smashing went on for probably ten to fifteen minutes off and on. So John and the high school boy Ian came walking through, walking up into camp. And there's something about camping with John Andrews. He always likes to get up at the crack of dawn and hike out. He never half the time, he won't even eat breakfast. He will get up, pack up his tent, and leave at seven o'clock in the morning. And so I was expecting him coming through our campsite pretty early, and sure enough, about nine o'clock here they come, and we told them what happened, and they thought we were lying because we were mad because we couldn't get down to the lane. So we were going to make up a story for him, and John went walking over to Richard. I saw him and he said, did that really happen? Did you guys really hear?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Richard, he was still shaking. He goes, oh, yeah, there's something back in those woods, and he said it was raising hell. So we walked back there for a while and looked around, couldn't find anything. And John, I can't remember why, he had to get home in a hurry, so we didn't have a lot of time to look around, and we just got out of there.
Speaker 2: It's like leaving the fish biting.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And so I know with the Bigfoot activity up in that area, there's been a lot of it. That smashing. I mean, it was loud, and Richard and I were we were having a good time. But you know, when you're sitting at home watching something like that on TV, and you're sitting in the living room with a cat on your lap and it's nice and warm, that's one thing. But when you're out there in the middle of the night camping in a meadow and something's back in the woods thrashing around on something, that's a whole day front story.
Speaker 2: A little bit more vulnerable out there, I think, Yeah, yeah, stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. Will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 1: Cliff and I had just had a conversation recently about a lot of people getting into the field and looking for advice and guidance specifically on the field research component. So you had mentioned that there were some things that it like patterns that had emerged for you over the years, like certain elevations where more activity would happen, and yeah, we love that kind of stuff. So I'd love to hear any other sort of things that you've picked up on over all these years of pursuing these things in the field that have sort of stuck out to you as either truisms or you know, more often true than not, those sort of lessons from the field.
Speaker 3: Well, one pattern that I've noticed, and I think I heard Shane Corson mention this on a podcast once, is when you first drive up into the mountains and you get to your spot and you get out of the car, you need to be ready with a recorder if it's a good bigfoot spot, because I've had it happen three times where I've driven up in the foothills to the you know, the trailhead to one of my lakes, or parked at a gate or whatever, get out of the car and I start hearing something right away and I don't know what it is. About that if you just drive into their area and you get out and then you've startled them or I don't know what why that is, but that has happened to me three times.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, has it happened to you more? Bobo?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean just getting out here and that whack whack like right when you get out.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what what happened to us? One time late we were stalking fish in a lake up by concrete and we drove up this mountain for about ten miles, got to the end of the road. There was nobody there, and it was my friend and I and our two kids, who were both about eleven years old at that time, and we got out of the car and there were two people talking back in the woods. There were no cars around, there was nobody there, and the talking again, it was like a foreign tongue that you couldn't understand, and it sounded like two women and they were talking back and forth, but you couldn't understand anything. It was just bizarre. And they were walking away from us as we got out of the car, and my friend Denny said, Larry, what is that There's nobody up here? And I said, I don't know there must be somebody down there talking, because I didn't want to spook the kids, because we had to get those fish into that lake, because the state regulations say if you can't, if you can't get the fry into the lake where they're supposed to be planted, then you basically just have to dump them in the middle of the road and let them die. And so I didn't want to spook the kids and say, I think that could very well be a couple of bigfoot talking and walking away from us as they're getting together, because I don't know what else that could have been. But it was two people talking. It sounded kind of like women in a foreign tongue that I've never heard. And there was nobody up there, and we were we hadn't seen anybody in miles, and we were the only set of tire tracks, and this lake that we were stalking was very remote. There wasn't even a trail going to it, so it wasn't like a popular destination. So when we got back to the car after we stalked the lake and my friend had asked me again, he said, I still don't don't know what we heard when we got up here and got out of the car, and I said, well, you may have just had your first Sasquatch encounter, but said, I really don't know, but I've said I've never heard anything like that. That the conversation that they were having in some kind of a foreign tongue. And like I said, there were no trails, so they were back in the woods and they were walking away from us, and I don't know where they could have been going, but there were We hadn't seen a car in five miles.
Speaker 2: So you're fortunate to have heard that kind of talking or jibber jabber or whatever on multiple occasions. I think in all my years, I've heard it once at a distance, and I again, maybe it was people. I have no idea what I've heard. It sounded like people talking. I just couldn't understand what they're saying. And I attributed that at the time to the distance. But maybe it was maybe it was people, Maybe it was Sasquatch. I don't know.
Speaker 3: And you know, I don't want to seem like one of those people because we all know them who every time they go out, something happens. I've been going up in the mountains for you know, forty years, mostly hitting these lakes. These lakes are very special places to me, and there's probably fifteen, fifteen or twenty of them that I like to hit every year if I can multiple times. And you know, I've gone years without anything happening, and I'd like, I think I went from twenty twenty up until twenty twenty four with literally nothing, just nothing to give. Anybody who asked me if I've had any anything exciting happen in the big Foot world, say sorry, it's just been kind of dead, so, you know, but when you look back over my forty years that I've been going out, I guess I've had quite a bit happen in that time. But like I said, I've gone years with nothing happening, and I'm still out every weekend, you know, doing my thing, riding my bike, hiking, fishing, camping, and just nothing happening as far as Bigfoot goes.
Speaker 4: Have you ever noticed like a patterns to knocking or whoops and knocking, like the number of stripes like one, two, three, four, whatever.
Speaker 3: You know, I've only heard knocking, I would say, valid wood knocking on two different occasions, and both times there were only two sets. I guess, Yeah, I want to say, two sets of the knocks, and that was it. You have to be able to distinguish those knocks between the pilliated woodpeckers that can make I mean, they can get real loud and you know, so I would have to say that I've only heard valid knocking that was probably Bigfoot activity twice. Over the years, I've had more times where I've had rocks thrown at me than I've had heard wood knocks.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: Interest.
Speaker 3: One of the times was when the show Finding Bigfoot. I don't know what season you were in, but my son and his friend they loved that show as I did, and so I took them out one time up near Concrete and we just parked and I think they were about ten years old or so, and we walked up this I picked a good spot, I guess, and we walked up this road for about a mile past the gate and got up there and sure enough, we knocked on a tree and we got an answer.
Speaker 4: You guys said, one knock, two knocks back.
Speaker 3: I can't remember exactly what happened. I think it I hadn't been knocking for very long, I know that I think I think it was probably the first series of knocks that I did, and sure enough, within about twenty seconds we got a knock back, a couple of knocks that were up against the hillside. Oh, I would probably say less than a quarter a mile away from us.
Speaker 2: All your time by these these pretty remote lakes, you know, and your forty years about their big footing, have you seen any good tracks in the ground.
Speaker 3: I have found one good set of tracks, but it's they were Half of the tracks were driven over by a bulldozer several years ago up by a place called Lake Tayee, up by Concrete. I had parked at Grandy Lake, and this was in February, but it was one of those really nice early spring weekends in February where I got up to like fifty five degrees. So I said, I'm going to go out and ride my mountain bike up this road and go check this area out. So I was by myself, and I rode up to the snow line, which was I think about twenty eight hundred feet and was coming back down the road. And I was going pretty fast on my way down, and I noticed on the side of the road these indentations, and I slammed on my brakes and went back and sure enough there was a set of tracks that this caterpillar or a bulldozer or something had driven over the tracks and just obliterated half of the tracks. And there were about four of them. And I do have that picture on an old cell phone that I don't use anymore. But I kept the phone because I remember all the pictures didn't transfer onto my new one. So if I could find that picture and somehow get that to you, but that's all I have of it. And there is a picture that I took of my size ten and a half hiking shoe next to the track, and it was probably another five inches longer than my boot.
Speaker 2: It was quite large. Then yeah, that's probably a sixteen seven inch foot then yeah, footprint, I should say.
Speaker 3: And the other one was up at a remote lake and I learned something on this one. I found two tracks, and I was I was not prepared to It was just another fishing trip. I wasn't carrying any plaster in my pack or anything. Probably this was probably before I got my first flip phone, even so, I want to say that was probably two thousand and seven or two thousand and six, and I had hiked into this lake and I kind of went there there was a there were two lakes, and if you wanted to get from one lake to the other one pretty fast without hiking the designated trail, you could just cut through the woods. And that's what I did. And I was going through this kind of swampy area, and I found one good track right in this kind of a spot where it was at one time a little tarn that had dried up a little bit, so it was a perfect spot track. It had been there a while, it was kind of weathered and it was it was another probably about a sixteen inch track, and then you could see where the next track kind of slipped on this rotten log and tore some of the some of the log away and some of the moss as it stepped on that log. And those were the two good tracks. And so I brought John Andrews up there a couple of weeks after that, and two or three other guys went and oh, oh, by the way, I covered up the really good track with a bunch of bark and stuff so it would be preserved. One of the guys who went with us was about six foot four and probably wore a size thirteen or fourteen shoe, and he got down in there and started walking all over the place in that soft duff that kind of contaminated everything where we couldn't tell if there were more tracks, if they were his or the bigfoot that had walked through the area. But the two tracks that I found were pretty old, and so we lifted up the bark and everything. John checked those out, took a bunch of pictures and everything. I don't know if he still has all that or not, but so those are the two tracks that I've legitimate tracks that I've found.
Speaker 2: We've had a little bit of everything in your big footing career at actual visual all sorts of a variety of vocalizations, including even chatter and whatnot, rock throwing of course, camp visitations, footprint tracks. You've kind of done it all. But I guess you stick with anything for forty years, and you probably would have done it all at some point or another, I guess, And I'm hoping I thirty something years in myself. So yeah, I'm hoping.
Speaker 3: Have you ever found rock piles big rock piles like maybe five or six feet high that we're probably ten feet long? No, No, I had when John and I when I first met John, and this is going back to Devil's Mountain in Lake ten and the Yellow Monster and everything. Oh and I need to tell you a very interesting yellow monster story too. But when I first met John, we went up there to investigate that area, and we went back in the woods and went cross country. We found this pile of rocks and they were just very out of place. They were just in the forest. We were not on a trail, We were probably a quarter mile off the trail, and we found this pile of rocks that looked like an architect had put them together, and they were so neatly placed like they were like it was a jigsaw puzzle, and each rock had its place in it. And John had a movie camera. I don't know what he had at the time, but he filmed these. We spent a significant amount of time looking at these and went back up there about three weeks later, and every rock had been torn off of this pile and thrown somewhere in the woods. So it ever got into this pile of rocks. And the rocks I would say were about POPCN size, most of them, you know, give or take. So they weren't big rocks maybe popcan to almost not quite a football size, so they weren't like, you know, we couldn't lift the rocks up or anything. I mean, anything could have gone in there and tore these things apart. But the distance the rocks were thrown, that's what was bizarre to me, because they weren't just like torn apart, and as little of effort as you could possibly put into tearing this rock pile apart, some of these rocks were fifty yards back in the woods, and like I said, the whole thing was out of place there in the first place. I mean, they were just rocks. They could have been from that quarry down the road, but it would have been quite laborious to all these things in there. So I don't know if something had just gone through the woods and found rocks and cleaned the rocks up and put them together. But whatever it was, took a significant amount of time putting this pile together. And I know, as you know, we've read, you know, in books that they liked to get into rock piles and tear them apart and eat the rodents. And that's all we really could have put together what that was all about, because it was bizarre, Rick Cliff. We went to the J.
Speaker 4: Christopher winery on the show, and the big pile of rocks happened overnight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, overnight, I guess the workers or maybe the guy himself was he was digging up large rocks from his winery, you know, to keep the soil, you know, more soil like Consiader Rocky, right, And he would put all the rocks into a pile. And these rocks were about from the small ones were fists or larger, but the larger ones are maybe two and a half feet in diameter, and you put them in a big pile. And then overnight one night, many of them were dispersed for maybe twenty yards or more in every direction from the pile where all these were piled up. He bought a sasquatch was doing it because of a local observation of one of these animals.
Speaker 3: Well that was kind of our conclusion too. Yeah, I don't know what else could have done that back there, and with the activity around this Devil's Mountain in Lake ten over the years, that was the conclusion that we got to is that this thing, and I don't know if it was the Yellow Monster or how many of these things were up there at this time, but something had gone in there and tore those rocks up.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ashley, what was the harrier's situation? Like the most heart pounding, sphincter tightening situation you've had, Squatched.
Speaker 3: And that was probably at Lake ten when the thing was in our camp, you know, the one I saw across the road. That didn't scare me as bad, although, like I shared with Cliff the other day, my eyes did tear up after I saw that thing. I mean, I couldn't control it. I was kind of shook up. But if I wanted to, I could have just turned around on my bike and jetted up the road and took off and come back two hours later. I mean, if I was, if I was terrified, I probably would have just done that. But I still, you know, I waited a minute, loaded my gun and went down there so that I wasn't terrified of that. But I would have to say the lake the first, my first big encounter at the lake was that was it for me. We were terrified sitting in that tent and listening to that thing yell at us from across the lake.
Speaker 2: Well, you said you had one pretty sketchy yellow monster story that you wanted to share before we go, so once't you lay that on us.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So there's so many stories about this creature from Devil's Mountain. I want to share the one. There's a down at the base of the mountain. There's a creek called Carpenter Creek, and it flows into the Scadget River. So it's got salmon in it, and the salmon go clear up into the headwaters of it. And in the fall, my friend Matt's mom was driving home and there's driveways that go across this creek on little bridges, and at night, her head lights hit this thing and it was down in the creek and it ran up the creek, ran up the side of the bank, and ran through the berry bushes. There was just a wall of vegetation and BlackBerry bushes, and it ran through those like it was nothing, and it took off and she saw this thing in her headlights and what she described was the same thing, a dirty not black or brown, but more kind of a dirty yellow color, and long hair, and she actually went back. She got hair off those BlackBerry bushes, and I don't nobody knows where that hair went. This was back in the eighties, but my friends who saw the hair said it was like a kind of like horse mane hair, but it felt different. And I sure would like to get a hold of that hair that that thing left in those BlackBerry bushes, but that's probably long gone and who knows what happened to it. But she saw it with the headlights of her car. And that's just one of many stories that I've heard come out of that area. But that's probably the most fascinating one.
Speaker 2: That might be worth your time checking, you know, chasing down because being a listener, you know about Derby Orcutz worked over at North Carolina State University.
Speaker 3: Right right, Yeah, my friends who I had a couple of friends who lived down at the base of that mountain, and they're they're all closer and in touch with each other and everything. I don't see him that often, but apparently, the best of my knowledge, that hair has been lost. But I you know, I could look into it, but I think at this point they've already you know, done what they could. But it wouldn't hurt to go ask again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can hurt to make a phone call and say hello and reconnect for a moment, especially if something like that can help prove the species without taking a type specimen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, if it ran through the BlackBerry bushes like that and it had longer hair, it's gonna leave hair in the bushes. And I guess it did right right. And when just a little after story of that, when I talked to this guy whose mom saw it and they had another incident too where they saw it run down this road at night as well. When he imitated how that thing ran down the road, it scared. It just gave me shivers because the way he didn't run on two legs. It was running kind of like a chimpanzee or like an ape that uses its arms to kind of stabilize itself when it's running. But it's running kind of like a linebacker like a football player, and it's got its two front legs kind of stabilizing it. It's running kind of almost sideways down the road, looking at him as it's running away. And he imitated that to me how it was running, and it just gave me the creeps.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So inhuman and again hairy yellow color. Right, Well, all that makes perfect sense because these things probably live for many decades, you know, four or five, maybe even six decades, who knows. And you know, they don't seem to move very far. All the data is suggesting they don't move very far. They're not migrating or anything like that, at least that's not what the data says. So it makes sense that an individual like that there, especially recognizable individual like that, would be popping up in the siding reports again and again over a long period of time.
Speaker 3: And sadly, this area has been the west side of that mountain of Devil's Mountain is all developed now what it's called Cascade Ridge, And oh it was. It was just a perfect place to go when we were growing up. There were old mines that went back in the mountain, and there was an old boy scout cabin, and you know, places to camp other than Lake ten. And Lake ten was just outstanding fishing back then too. The fishing was. I mean, we were just spoiled high school kids. And when we went up there, we did not drink or smoke anything. We were just happy to be up in the mountains. You know. Probably the only thing we did is carry a six pack of mountain dew down there.
Speaker 4: There's no code Red Mountain, do they guys are keeping it mellow?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, just just the normal stuff. Back when they put sugar in it instead of corn syrup. It was much better back then.
Speaker 2: Showing our age, yes for sure. Thank you so much for coming on Bigfoot and Beyond, and I hope you enjoyed yourself. That was a pleasure talking to you and making your acquaintance and come friends with you by all means. You know you have my number, feel free to use it freely whatever you want to use it for.
Speaker 3: And thanks so much for having me. I really enjoyed it. It's great sharing my stories with you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we all thank you, and our listeners thank you because I'm sure they're going to enjoy this one.
Speaker 2: So thanks a lot.
Speaker 4: Larry Anderson all right, can't believe we've never met before, but I'm sure we'll see you coming up soon. So thanks again for coming on a right folks, Thanks for tuning in, and until next week, keep it squatchy.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes. Subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond. Wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond