Speaker 1: From Workhouse Connect and aj Benza.
Speaker 2: Fame.
Speaker 1: Uh, he'd liked to be walked on a leash and play really dirty kinky sex games. Is the guy put the cock in the peacock network. Okay, bitch, Hey, everybody aj Benz are here with Fame is a bitch. This is your daily Unfiltered podcast for tax Day, April fifteenth, twenty twenty six four two two six. Hate the odd numbers and there's a good reason why let's not talk about taxes. This of the worst topic in the world. I can't take it. I started the show about twenty minutes ago, and then the army of Guatemalan and Elsalvadoran landscapers came and we're here for a half hour almost with the edging, the cutting, the leaf blowing. They love that leaf blower. And as I've said a million times, the gas powered leaf blowers are illegal in California. No one, no one pushes that. They just let it occur. Let it happen. Every day of the week. There's dust flying. I took a shower yesterday, right yesterday afternoon, and I did my three mile walk. Today. I went down to the store, picked something up, came back not really sweating, but still, you know, a little little misty around my face and chest whatever. I took my shirt off because I had to wash it. And I took my shirt. I just I wiped the back of my neck and behind my ears with it. Dirt, dirt come off, dirt. And when I used to stay at the Travel Large hotel, and you know, I was shaving my head like i'd still do. I would walk. I would spend a couple hours outside walk and talk and whatever. And I get back to the hotel and I take a wet washcloth and put it on my head and rub it. Dirt just from walking around this disgusting Shitsville climbing Now, it's a beautiful climbate. It's just it's all the shit that they blow in the air. Can't take it anyhow, Gang saw something interesting today? Oh, by the way, I mean yesterday. I kept saying Marty Croft died. Actually his brother Sid died. Since ninety six he passed. I kept saying Marty, sorry about that. And I'm getting some heat from one of my patrons, which I don't mind constructive criticism. Wanted to tell me that Bob McAllister was not the guy you want to talk about. When it comes to hosting won Durama, that was Sonny Fox. I know. Sonny Fox was the first host of Wonderama only for three or four years, and I was way too young to watch the show at that point. But when I got to be I don't know, seven eight, it was Bob McAllister and that show, his show with him his host, ran longer than Sonny Fox. But I understand what you're saying. Sonny was the first. I get it. Okay, what kind of you know? It's no big deal, But I get what you're saying. You're an old school guy like me. You want to give credit to the first guy, not the second guy through to the door. I get okay. Moving on, I saw something today that the shot just shocked me because it's well, I shouldn't shock me. But remember Jessica mcclare Morales. Does that name sound familiar. She was baby Jessica who got stuck in the well when she was eighteen months old in Midland, Texas. I wonder if I wonder if the great Catherine Steward was there at that point. I must right in her backyard Midlands. There's a lot of stuff about Midland on TV on Murder Stories on what do you call it? Landman's I love it. I was gonna go, well, regret it. Captain and her husband John told me come out, come out and see us, and I probably angling for me to see her before she felt the worst was coming. And I just couldn't do it. I couldn't make it out there. It was Vegas, there was Chicago. I just couldn't do it. And then when John invited me to her memorial, it was in the middle of my crazy he flew at Rosalie's house. So couldn't do it. And I think about her all the time. But this story, Jessica mcclaur moreles was little baby Jessica in the well. Those of you who are considerably younger than this old guy don't know the story. But back in nineteen eighty seven, she was rescued from a well. An eighteen month old baby was stuck in a well twenty two feet beneath the ground. It was horrifying to watch. And well, now she's forty years old and she got taken into police custody because she had like a domestic disturbance. I guess she's facing a criminal charge. Now assault causing bodily injury involving family violence. Hard to believe forty years have gone well, almost forty years have gone by. She fell into an eight inch wide well twenty two feet. It took fifty eight hours for her to be rescued. I remember me and my first we're eating in Manhattan and it's one of our first like nice, big, like nice New York City dinners after we got married. It was nineteen eighty seven. As I said, we're married for a year, and we went to the village and ate at the Minetta Tavern on the beautiful Minetta Lane, great spot, been there many many years. And we're eating there and it's a great dinner and there's a couple of TVs up by the ceiling, which was odd. That was like a new thing back then. And it was tuned into CNN because Ted Turner had, you know, the first twenty four hour news station. And we all watched this happen during our dinner. And by the time it ended and she was rescued, everybody was standing up, applauding. People were hugging each other. That was a really good moment with a bunch of strangers in a room who all came together because of a tragedy or a near tragedy, And God, I haven't seen the city like that since nine to eleven. It's a very different world now, where you don't want to touch people, You're nervous of who's coming towards you. What are they saying? Who do they vote for? Ah? Sucks, But the biggest story today has to be and this is disgusting. Well, Ruby Rose, the actress, made a claim against Katie Perry, the pop star in graphic detail which I'll get to. Katy Perry has denied Ruby Rose's accusations that she sexually molested her over two decades ago. I love how these girls bring things up over twenty years later. It must have caused them such grief that it just keeps coming up and they have to tell someone, tell the world. Anyhow, Ruby Rose is claiming that she did this on Threats, which is the worst platform I've ever seen, is nothing but lies. Everything I read on there was a lie. Why do people go to threads? I don't know. Don't waste your time on threads. It's such a stupid fucking sight or app whatever you want to call it. Anyhow, this occurred in Melbourne in Australia when she was in her twenties. And just understand, Katie and Ruby Rose, we're not famous yet. That would happen a couple of years after that, but they weren't really famous yet. She said, Katy Perry sexually assaulted me at Spice Market nightclub in Melbourne. Who gives a shit what she thinks, That's what she wrote in response to see Katy Perry had a comment about Justin Bieber's performance at Coachella. Didn't like what he did. He opened up a laptop and kind of sang along to songs that he performed, and I think he doesn't have the right to them if I'm not mistaken, So he had to do it that way. He played the song on the laptop loud for the and then like sang with it kind of a karaoke thing. Very weird, but he got ten million bucks for it, so he ain't laughing. But that's all that. Katy Perry made mention of that and Ruby Rose had to run to Justin Bieber's defense. Then she said, it's taken her almost two decades to make the accusation public. Now here's the accusation. You're ready, it began to go around social media, and of course Katy Perry is saying, no, this did not happen. It's a reckless lie. And Katie says miss Rose has a well documented issue of making serious public allegations on social media against various individuals, claims that have repeatedly been denied by those names. So Rose gave some details about this alleged incident. She said she didn't kiss me, but Katie saw me resting on my best friend's lap to avoid her, and she bent down, pulled her underwear to the side, and wrote her disgusting vagina on my face until my eyes snapped open and I projectile vomited on her. And after I threw up on her, I told this story publicly, but changed it to be a quote funny little drunk story because I didn't know how else to handle it. Later, she agreed to help me get my US visa, so I kept it a secret. But I did tell you all she wasn't a good person. Do you see how women are the work A man would never do this to another man, but women are so caddy over a shit that happened when they were young, stupid kids about to be famous. They can feel the pull of Hollywood. They knew everybody who gets into Hollywood can feel it starting to happen. It's like the ground beneath you starts to move, like those moving things in the airport where you stand still, and they take it to your gate. That's what getting close to fame feels like. And then you meet a few people who are in the business and they put their hand out to extend to help you up the ladder. It ain't as much as what you think that they people want you out of Hollywood. They step on your fingers when when your fingers reach the one of the rungs of the ladder as you're climbing. It's not the case. I have to say this in Hollywood's defense. When you're getting close and they like what you have to bring, they extend their hands and it's easier to get to where you're going, and they what I'm saying is Ruby Rose and Katie Perry both felt that happening beneath their feet. I know I did, and I never would reach the level of fame they have, but you just feel it. So a fan told Ruby Rose, I believe your story. It's something incredibly raw, and traumatic. Everybody's a fucking doctor. Everybody's a doctor or a therapist who understands all too well what is and isn't trauma. Do you see what's happening here every day? Do you read the comments that people write. Everybody knows medicine and and and therapeutics and psychology. Jesus, I can't stand how everybody's doing this now. And how about some women nowadays just want to take something that happened to them, even something in private that had to do with a famous friend, and turn it into an international scandal. I like women who were possibly in a raw, weird predicament, but came away with it with strength, grace, wisdom, clarity, Like, for instance, I don't think she'll mind me hurt, she'll mind me telling you this story. But well, my sister Rosalie Rossi's one of those women who, like you know, tilts her head and squints her eyes when she hears all these stories about men, you know, sexually assaulting or molesting women. She's more along the lines. Really, I mean, okay, what happened? Like my sisters would never go to a producer's hotel, romora's house on a Saturday night, at nine o'clock expecting to really just audition. They were smarter than that because my father taught them what men can some men can be like. But yet you have these girls who want to taste so badly. They do something stupid, and of course the tiger tries to bite. You know, you're in the tiger cage. You can't go in the tiger cage like. I'm looking at this a picture of one of the chicks that said Eric Swowoll drugged her, raped her the whole thing, and she had some kind of company that it was some kind of online company. He said he wanted to help her, and she thought it was going to be Oh, this is great. I also was interested in local politics. He said he'd helped me with that. So of course she accepts dinner with the guy. She had a boyfriend, but she thought it was all business. Now, I'm not blaming her, but if you're having dinner with a politician who were mostly always smarty, and you got a boyfriend, why are you seeing Eric Swowall with a not see through well yet a sheer top where you could see your broad beneath it, and a nipple? Why are you wearing that shirt? I remember when I was dating Kara and she came back from having lunch with a fucking director who did Animal House. I can't think of his name right now. You know Ghostbusters direct Landis John Landis. He had a thing for her, and you know, whenever he was in New York and he had some time, he'd call her, they'd get lunch. Not when I was with her, but one day she's getting dolled up. Are you going, I'm gonna go to lunch with a friend? Okay? She comes back and I'm at the apartment. I had a key back then and said what's up? And she was very like upset. I could said did he try something? She said, and she shook her head and she didn't want to talk about it. She said, nothing happened, but I didn't like the way he was acting. Okay, and I you know, held herian Okay. I said, well, here's the thing. Next time, don't wear a tight, tight red mid drift shirt to exposure deep cup breasts okay, with no bra by the way, and a tight tight skirt that accentuates your ass. And thought, what the fuck do you think a man's gonna do? He's in town for a few days he calls you. Yeah, he wants to get it on christ an' might. But you know some girls like to play with that danger. Oh, like it's a powerful thing. I got clothes. He wanted a piece of me, but I shut it down. Well, don't go out there stinking of bait. Not saying the man is right to pounce, but for fuck's sake, it's biology. If I was home over, he said, no, no, no, no, no, no, take that off, no no stop, you're not wearing that. That's for me, not for him. So the Rosalie story was, and again she doesn't always believe these women or things. They make a mountain out of a mole hill. At times. Rosie told me the story of one day I forget many years ago. She was a kid, maybe nineteen years old, and she was climbing down maybe twelve, I don't know, coming down the ladder, but she was young enough that people were scared she might fall back. And one of our relatives, I can't think, who would, uncle whatever is getting ready to grab her. He's guiding her down, and she said his hand went up her thigh and his thumb hit her little young vagina, And I said, you're kidding me. You know, no, did you say anything? She says, no, I know he didn't mean it was an accident. I know he didn't mean he loved me. That's how she handled it. No trauma down the road, you know that. Just I don't know these fucking women, some of them. In another post, Ruby Rose writes that she planned to go to a police station to see if any of my experience can be investigated twenty years later. I imagine it's past the statute of limitations, but all the more reason to try. I have a long list. It'll probably take more out of me than I'm prepared for, but I'll come back here to update others on the process as soon as I'm ready, And she writes back at the police station, now I did it. What a shithead. I could never really like Ruby Rose. This Ruby Rose. You know, when she came on the scene, she was this beautiful, talented actress with a very androgynous look. You know, I would question my I mean, she's very fetching. I would stare at her face. She was adorable. But it didn't take long for her to announce to the world, who wasn't even asking that she's gender fluid. And identifies as neither strictly male nor female, and she says she often moves between the two and their personal expression. She said she feels like a boy, but it's comfortable living as a woman using both they them, and she her pronouns. You know what back in the eighties when I got divorced. Oh, I got divorced in ninety one, so I'm freshly divorced. And I saw Entrew dice Clay live at a comedy club on Long Island called Governors. I was with this girl I worked with at Newsday, desperately wanted to have something. Whether she had a boyfriend. She was one of those girls that'll never leave him, really good Italian chick, Italian Irish girl from Long Island. Boyfriend was in a band. I knew it wasn't gonna last. Jokes on me. They'd been married for years, so it lasted. But I wanted her so bad. And one day she had no ring, no engagement. I saw her in the parking that from the second story window from the sports department. Mary's getting out of the call with no engagement ring on the finger. I run out of the room. I'm on deadline. I run down the hall to gree like, I'm going to the bathroom. Hey man, what's up? And I pointed to a thing of what happened her eyes? Well up, it's not working out. You know. We broke it off, Okay, I let it. Let a week go by. We kept talking in the hallway, so I invited her out, but she just man, she she was tough. I called Mary the one that got away. Mary bought a Lamucci, had a lot of young Liz Taylor in her beautiful eyes, black black hair, light skin. But we're sitting there and andretized Clay comes out and does the nursery rhymes, and I remember that from when I was younger at the HBOS. But Rodney Danger for how the big special that he was on. But I remember how he did this bit about gay guys and he said, yeah, you got you got your regular two of them, two leg fags, and then you got your sexuals. What do these people do? Wake up in the morning and flip a coin to decide heads, eye want hairpie tails, balls across the nose. Everybody laughed. People recited it with him because it's brilliant. That's really what Ruby Rose is living like Ruby Rose and Katy Perry are both known for not playing with a full fifty two card deck. Let's face it, but they were both so cute before they told us too much about themselves, and this story just takes the cake. But in the last several years, I can't take how Ruby Rose ruined her body covered it with the worst tattoos you can find. This girl went from being so hot to a disaster Candidas of amateur tattoos in about two years. And by the way, Katy Perry looks so ridiculous with Justin Trudeau, who looks more ridiculous and out of place than anybody there. A grown man's gonna go see Justin Bieber Sabrina Carpet is saying a bresso, get them here. You saw pictures of these two at Coachella. This guy runs Canada and he's at Coachella wearing a baseball cap backwards. Do you know any other leader world leader that wears a baseball cap backwards? And not for nothing, He's seen drinking out of a red Roady plastic cup. These are the very same plastic cups Trudeau banned in Canada, along with other single use plastics. This is what this fucking hypocrit does, spins his hat backwards and drinks out of a roady Don't you wish who invented the roady cup? My god? Is that guy? Well company doing great? So simple? Get some red and blue and green cups see through, but the red Roady is the one. Can you imagine when we were younger going to this city, meet Joey and his friendly You know, this is so stupid. This is like nineteen ninety eight, ninety seven and six, we'd we'd all make a gin and tonic in the red Roady cup, three of us. I'm driving Joey's next les in the back. We're all drinking gene tonics. And then you know, when we got to our destination, we throw the cups out. Having alcohol in a red Roady cup in a car. How never got caught, Thank God? So stupid. I mean, Rosie didn't know we snunk it out. But Jesus Christ, and excuse me for asking this, but I'm dumbe. If Ruby Rose likes girls, why would she project al vomited after having a Pop Stars vagina on her face? But what was that the night she was digging guys? Was it balls across the nose? Night, what's the problem, and Ruby Rose says she's so traumatized by this act, well, warrant, traumatized enough to let Katie help you get your visa to work in the US. Though, right, these assholes are all the same, just big hypocrites. Here's another one for you. I can't even talk about this girl without wanting to throw up. She's that disgusting Lena Dunham who looks like she's bulking up to play job of the Hut in the next Star Wars film. She's saying that her Girls co star, remember the HBO show Girls, that should be just her because she's so big, she's plural. Now she's not even a girl, she is Girls. Her co star Adam Driver, had shocking outbursts towards her on this set of the HBO show. Now she's promoting her new memoir called Fame Sick. Hey, that's a little close to fame adjacent, which I'm grooving on. Spoke to my agent the other day and in this interview with I think The Guardian, she talked about her allegations about Adam Driver's temper and you know, as you know, if you watch the show, which I did, he played her her on to go and off against boyfriend and was rude to her, spectacularly rude, she says. She says that Adam Driver wants her old a chair at the wall next to her. She says he also punched a hole in his trail of wall and that he would scream in her face. Okay, welcome to Hollywood. Happens all the time. When she says, at the time, I didn't have the skill to it never entered my mind to say, I am your boss. You can't speak to me this way. Because she was the creator and the showrunner, and at that point in my twenties, I still thought that that's what great male geniuses do. They eviscerate you, which is weird because I was raised by a male genius who would never do that. More on him and her family in a minute. Her father's the painter Carol Dunham. Carol. I guess some guys are named Carol. I don't know many, but there you go, Carol. But she did praise other men in her life, amazing men. She said. John Appatow is a great hero of mine. I have to say, regardless of his politics, John Apatow is responsible for some of the funniest movies in the last twenty five years, and putting together talent that he put together to do Freaks and Geeks on TV. Look at the cast and that show, and look how so many of them were superstars mainly in comedy. I gotta I mean him and Lauren Michaels know how to find the true comedic geniuses that are going to just make us laugh for the next thirty forty years. Anyhow, Appathaez a great hero of mine. Tim Bevin at working title is a huge part of my life, and so is cinematographer Sam Levy. I just worked with Mark Ruffalo christ the most thoughtful, sensitive, politically engaged, beautiful person. Beautiful and politically engaged don't go together, especially his views. Here's what happened. So, Adam Driver was a little too rough with Lena during their first sex scene that she wrote. By the way, she said, he tossed her back and forth. He was kind of a little violent, and the person who the sex what do you call choreographer, whatever you call those people on set didn't say a thing. So then she said, I remember doing a fight scene with Adam and how scary it was to meet someone so totally present with such absence. It's called method acting. He studied it, He's good at it. Late one night, as we practiced lines in my trailer, I found that mine were suddenly gone. I knew i'd written them, I'd known them only minutes before, But when I opened my mouth, all that came out was a stammer, until finally Adam screamed, fucking say something, and then he threw a chair at the wall next to me. Wake the fuck up. He told me, I'm sick of watching you just stare good, good latest characters. This is what he says. Ye know, here's his thoughts on her. Latea's characters, especially her female characters, are so three dimensional and never seem in any way stereotypical, which was amazing to be a part of. It was such a collaborative group of people on set that you couldn't ask for a better circond. He's nothing but gushing over her. She's perpetually happy, awesome to be around. Having in the room is really the best scenario if you're gonna spend that much time being really intimate with someone, I'm like, can't even I almost get like a little intimate with I mean, she was I don't want to say cute. She looked nothing like she looks now when she made girls. Okay, but not to the degree where you'd say, hey, man, having her in the room, what a great thing to do, and really intimate with her. It's kind of special bullshit. And then she decides to save this out of nowhere, and this is something that really could have fucked up his life, even if it happened. She describes Adam Driver as short tempered and verbally aggressive, condescending, and physically imposing because he's a boy. He's a man over six feet and you're a fat little girl. Yes, he's physically imposing. Once punched a hole in the dressing room wall because he hated his new haircut. You don't know what else is bubbling underneath him that day. He can't just be the haircut. She goes, he could be protective, loving, even and one week came to her apartment every night when she was feeling particularly anxious as romantic vibes mounted again she's writing this. Drivers said before his final visit, I'm warning you if I come up, I'm not leaving this time, which Dunham didn't take issue with initially. Then she writes, I crouched at the window, watching him park his bike, pull out his phone and dial, but I didn't answer. It felt as simple as ignoring your doorbell, as pretending to be asleep, as impossible as stopping your blood from flowing. But some part of me knew, some wise part of me, some bold part of me, that if we crossed whatever boundary we were threatening to cross, the return to work would be tinged with humiliation, that I'd be minimizing any authority I still had, and that, however it went, my heart, bruised but and probably not yet broken, would crack. Then Adam Driver called to announce his engagement to his now wife, and Dunham says she was heartbroken, even though such a feeling was absurd. The guy said such nice things about it. How many people have nice things to say about this woman? She's ugly inside and out. And by the way, can online website stop trying to sell sweatpants by using Lena Dunham as a model. Lena Dunham has warned these perfect sweatpants for a year. That's a problem. Any woman who's seen in sweatpants for an entire year has already given up she's not fucking a man anymore. That's over. She just wants comfort. Her waist got too big. They've given up on trying to keep their men happy. They're done. Their bodies are shot. So they just one day pull on a pair of sweatpants or Lulu lemons, depending on the tax bracket, and they're done. They passed the checkered flag and they're done. You know, can't you guys see this? I told you years ago about a cousin of mine who came over married and I saw a black head in the middle of her eyebrow. I saw it for at least three visits, and I'm like, come on, he's he has to see it. He's not squeezing that black head or telling her about it. They're not fucking period. He's just not close enough to her face to see the black head. Otherwise he'd say, hun, I have a black head that on the left side of my chest, above my heart right that always comes up. It's so embedded deep. And when I was married, well i'm still i'm married. But when I was with Lola, she whenever my shirt was up, she'd go, oh, let me get that black head. She would go right and she'd love to see it come out, but it never all of it. Can ever had one on my back. She loved doing it because because we were fucking anyhow, jes Adam through a chair on set. Oh any chance you were running your mouth at him when he threw the chair. I'm just sorry he missed. But I would be filled with rage too. If she wrote constant sex scenes that you had to engage in her with you imagine a worst job. Good news, bed news, I got a starring role on Girls on HBO. What's great? Well, I gotta fuck Leena Dunham? Oh no, can you get out of it? And the money's too good? I can't unbelievable. The girl's got no shame. Remember her book detailing the sexually abusive thing she did to her sister when she was an infant. Her book was called Not That Kind of Girl. Read into the title there are passages that There's one passage that describes an incident when I think Lena was like seven and her sister was one. They were playing outside of the driveway, and Dunham wrote in her book that curiosity got the best of me and she opened her sister's vagina, only to call her mother when she found that toddler had six or seven pebbles in there. Let me tell you something, A one year old doesn't pick up and put them inside her body. They don't do it. I never heard a story about a boy putting rocks in his asshole. Okay, don't tell me a one year old condicted barely walk, but they're picking up rocks on the driveway. Nah. I don't buy it. And my mother didn't bother asking me why it opened Grace's vagina. This was within the spectrum of things that I did, because you're a sick fuck. In another passage, she says to try, she was trying to persuade her sister to kiss her on the lips for five seconds by offering her gifts or sweets or coins, anything, she said, basically anything the sexual predator might do to woo a small suburban girl. I was trying, and this crazy bitch wants us to get upset to Adam driving through a chair or punched the wool. When people got into these scenarios, they were shocked, and rightfully so, so, Lena answered back on Twitter. The right wing news story that I molested my little sister isn't just lol. It's really fucking upsetting and disgusting. And by the way, if you were a little kid and never looked at another little kid's vagina, well congrats to you. Can't say that. Can't say that. Usually this is stuff I can ignore, but don't demean sufferers. Don't twist my words back the fuck up, bros. Whenever a girl calls a man bro, I want to throw a punch at her. I can't. I'm kidding, but I can't handle Hey, bro, it's just done too much. Bro, what are you doing to me? I'm not your fucking bro. I told the story about being a weird seven year old. I bet you have some too old men that I'd rather not hear. Sometimes I get so mad, I burn right up. At some point of her sister, who she says pounded rocks into a vagina, defended her. Of course she did. They're both sick. Grace Stunnham defended her, Saysterlena, she tweeted, get rid of this, get ready for this, tw You're gonna hate the girl just by the way she writes heteronormativity deems certain behaviors harmful and others normal. By the way she's behaviors with you at the end.
Speaker 2: Oh, you are as very fancy.
Speaker 1: The state and media are always invested in maintaining that. As a queer person, I'm committed to people narrating their own experiences, determining for themselves what has and has not been harmful, and that today, like every other day, is a good day to think about how we police the sexualities of young women, queer and trans people. And also she wrote today with the number two d A Y must have been in a hurry, had to say some time, so one numeric character beats two two letters, want a hurry. Thank you for gracing us with your with your wit and your your incredible intelligence. Did you understand what she said? But we all know that when they turn it into an LGB thing, LGBTQ thing, everybody's got to back up. Now, you're not going to be shocked by this. But her sister was born a male named Cyrus. Figures prominent family, both parents working artists, heavily progressively democrat. They send their daughters to expensive private schools in New York City, Saint Anne's and then liberal universities Ivy League schools. One becomes a sex crazed, fat lunatic slob. The other changes her sex and now refers to herself and called herself a writer activist. By the way, did you know Dunham's family is related to the Tiffany family. Yeah, the jewelry comp Tiffany. I'd like to shove the whole family into one of those tight, little light blue boxes.
Speaker 2: Bastards.
Speaker 1: So Adam Driver was acting like a man, a pissed off man. Did he go too far? Maybe not the end of the world. He didn't hit her hit the wall. Speaking of men and what men are portrayed like, I caught the finale of DTF Saint Louis last night. I liked the show and I think it's worth watching. Mike bailed on episode one. Stick with it. Just be ready to see a show where every female is smart and savvy, and every man and child is either fat, autistic, or a henpeck pussy, a cuck, has a crooked penis, or is seriously mulling seeing if a gay man can give him a heart on what she calls a full on and takes a directile his function drug. On top of that, kid, you not aj how'd you hang with it? I just did? I like Justin Bateman a lot. I like Linda Cardellini, although Justin Babman needs to be told to never take his shot off again in any movie or TV show. He looks like he was in Outwitz for two weeks. I don't want to make a joke about it, but he just looks like he needs to be put on a can at seven to eleven to get money from malnutrition. It's I don't think he's ever pushed a weight off his chest or lifted anything heavy christ But I love the guys acting. He's funny as hell. But like I said, you know, I'm watching Bateman and David Harbor do their best acting. But I couldn't help but think, where have all the men gone? What's happening? Did you ever see Lee Marvin wearing a pink tap? Did Edward g Robinson or Robert Mitcham have a wife who are absolute bitches toward them? Did Jimmy cag Do you ever talk about a rectile dysfunction with Pat O'Brien playing the priest he always played? Did you ever see Charles Bronson and Steve McLean holding hands while riding on their recumbent bikes? Can you imagine Dirty Harry being remade today, and I'm sure as soon as Clint dies there will be a remake. But imagine Detective Harry Callahan saying, I know.
Speaker 2: What you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five?
Speaker 1: Well? To tell you the truth and all this excitement, I kind of lost track myself. But being as this as a forty four mag the most powerful handgun in the world, it would blow your head clean off.
Speaker 2: You've got to ask yourself one question, do I feel lucky?
Speaker 1: Well? Do you punk today? That speech in the writer's room with trans and foreigners and handicappers and all the sorts of shit they got to drag in to the writer's room would be more like.
Speaker 2: I know what you're thinking, did he have his green juice today?
Speaker 1: Did he take his beat root? Well?
Speaker 2: To tell you the truth? I kind of lost track somewhere between my sauna and cold plunge this morning.
Speaker 1: I mean that floy did write it, they would absolutely turn it into that. I'm watching a scene from DTF. No spoilers here, but both Bateman and David Harbor are dancing in their underwear in a pool house, like the locker room of a community pooled. No one's there. It's like five am and they're in the underwear dancing, and Bateman breaks down and hugs Harbor and cries, I don't know what I'm doing. Everybody's lonely, you know, and everybody makes terrible decisions just to try to ease a little bit of pain. Fucking kill me. Men do not talk to men this way now deep we get how you doing, Bro with the divorce. Oh Bro, it's not easy, and I have feel for you. You know you're okay. Yeah, I'll get through it. Boom bangs it. That's all we say. Very rarely do we gir Can I talk to you about something's really bugging me. I don't know what to do. We don't do that. We keep it in. That's why we get heart attacks and strokes. Doctor pimple Poppa had a stroke while she was working on set. I'd love to see that video. Not that I think strokes are funny, they're horrible. But I remember when I woke up with belle palsy Christmas morning twenty one years ago. Oh my god, you can feel your body begin to go, your face just drop. It's horrible, horrible. I think I'm gonna get a stroke one day. I just I've always seen it. I think it's gonna happen anyhow. Just kill me with the way men are portrayed. This is what our boys see as men being men when they get off TikTok and Instagram. That is. I don't mind a man or an actor being sad or losing it over a girl. That shit happens, and we can all understand it. But it's the way Hollywood's group of bullshit riders deal with things these days. They have no idea how real men act, because the ones writing aren't real men and most likely didn't have fathers who were real men. Men who ran toward the fight, men who met trouble head on or cut it off at the pass, men who knock right. I was pleasantly reminded of how much better Hollywood understood men back in the day. The other night I called Humphrey Bogart in Gloria Graham, who we talked about a couple weeks back. In one of the greatest film noirs of all time, called In a Lonely Place, Bogart plays Dixon Steele or Dick Steele, a troubled, violence prone screenwriter suspected a murder Gloria Graham co stars is Laurel Gray, a lonely neighbor who falls under his spell. Very romantic movie, I must say, even though it's a film noir. At one point, Bogard sits down with a friend to tell him the effect that Gloria Graham had on him, and he says, I was born when she kissed me. I died when she left me. I lived a few weeks while she loved me. Now that's writing, because that's how real men think. Maybe because it was written by real men. Andrews Salton Edmund North. But remember this on the way out. And I only wish the studio lots that dot Shitsville had this quote chiseled into their buildings on the lot. Just remember romanticism was created by men, not women. Take that for what it's worth. Either way, men are not being portrayed the way I know men. I'm aj Benza. That was your daily Unfiltered podcast for April fourteenth, twenty twenty six. Talk to you tomorrow.