Speaker 1: Time for rock News on one oh one one Double JRIR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One O one one double JRIR.
Speaker 2: All right, rock News is brought you by our iHeartRadio Music festival in Vegas in September. Just announced this morning line up very nice and a trip for you and a guest plus one thousand bucks up for grabs right now, Taco.
Speaker 3: Bob, Yes, the word was Vegas. In case you missed it, v e G. As you text that off to two hundred two hundred.
Speaker 2: Want to stress the number. There is two hundred two hundred right, specific number for this contest only. You're gonna have chances to win three times each weekday with us in the morning, then again at one oh five, and another chance at five oh five. So you have the rest of this hour to text Vegas to two hundred two hundred. Standard message and data rates apply in this nationwide contesting. You'll receive a confirmation text only need to text Vegas one time. The number again two hundred two hundred.
Speaker 3: And as you mentioned earlier, there's a good rock representation at this year's at Our iHeartRadio Music Festival. So pretty cool.
Speaker 2: We count down to Ozzy's final performance with Black Sabbath in the band's hometown of Birmingham, England, July fifth. Some additional news surrounding that event. The entire Osbourne family will be sticking around for a little while after the show. In fact, the next week for the comic Con that will being held at the Comic Con that will be held in Birmingham, England at the National Exhibition Center the following week of the Osborne the entire crew will be there to meet fans. So that's kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I thought they were just fans at comic Con.
Speaker 2: They're going to be some of the guests at that gathering the week after that show, so I know some of you actually might be making the pilgrimage for that show. I wish I was. I really do, I really you should do it. At this point, it would be not financially conducive, I don't think with ticket price, and yeah.
Speaker 3: That would be expensive. What if somebody here could get you tickets and then you know, I can do something in one hand and something else in the other. As you like to say.
Speaker 2: Becoming led Zeppelin, the authorized documentary from the iconic rock band, will finally be premiering on one of the streaming services. That will be Netflix June seventh, from director Bernard McMahon, who spent five years researching and compiling footage and interviews with the band members Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, and the film also features a previously unheard interview with late drummer John Bonham. So you can check that out if you have Netflix. It didn't get a chance to get to the theaters to see Becoming led Zeppelin. It will be available on Netflix starting June seventh.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: Iron Maiden's manager Rod Smallwood has expressed his frustration with fans who are not honoring the band's request. Now we've had We've talked about this before. There's bands that would really like you not to have your cell phones out during their performances. In fact, there's some artists who will make you turn it in before you go into the show. Maiden's not doing that. They're asking for an honor system here. They have just kicked off. They're a Run for Your Lives world tour in Budapest, also the debut of their new drummer, Simon Dawson and Smallwood has. Basically, he said he wanted to say thank you to the fans who respected the band's requests and is trying to give another friendly reminder for the dates moving forward. Please put your cell phones away and focus on, you know, watching the band perform and being part of the show with the bands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the show and the music. Why you're there in the first place.
Speaker 2: Says The band's new production is allowing fans to experience like songs in a new way, and he emphasized the importance of watching that with your own two eyes rather than.
Speaker 3: You know, through some camera lens. We'll see how that goes.
Speaker 2: A cool announcement from Mark Tremonti, our buddy Mark This Saturday is the Belmont Steaks in Saratoga Springs, New York. Yeah, Mark will be making an appearance there at post time at seven oh four Saturday evening, just before the running of the one hundred and fifty seventh Belmont Steaks and performing New York, New York. Of course Tremonti with his Sinatra leanings. There's more that's cool. There's more he has also announced his run of Tremonti Sings Sinatra dates for later this year and has been to tradition. We get a show here in Orlando to kick it all off. That will be on December fourth. The pre sale begins Wednesday, the code is Freestyle, and then general sales tickets start Friday at ten via Ticketmaster. Right, so look for Mark sing in New York, New York just before the Belmont Stakes Saturday evening at seven oh four.
Speaker 3: That's super cool. Yeah, well that'd be great. It's gonna be awesome. Who thought? Did he go on to say who thought of it? Or if somebody offered it to him? Or because that's creative, But he's he's like that. He's a good dude.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, the race is on what channels? That's going to be on Fox Fox Network. Pre race coverage begins at two point thirty. These horse races, Man, I've all that's always his you know, kind of I found that amusing. Well, yeah, it's a longer pre pre race show than the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Man. You have to do that, Pat because the running a minute.
Speaker 2: Good job, Mark, We'll look forward to seeing you performed that before the event on Saturday. Kid Rock, he you know, spends most of his time in Nashville now and that will include overseeing another restaurant that he has opened.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: The official grand opening for the public is today. It is called the Detroit Cowboy Restaurant in Nashville. It's a fine dining establishment which will feature memorabilia spotting spotlighting Detroit based artist Bob Seeger, eminem Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross and other Motown stars, alongside artifacts from Kid Rock's career as well. So another option for those of you who like to go to Nashville, which is, you know, that is a hot destination date or a you know, hot destination period these days, no two ways about it.
Speaker 3: And if you go, a little heads up, not there not to his destination. I'm just saying, Nashville in general, a lot of people been getting drug So cover your drink, you know, keep an eye on that.
Speaker 2: In a new interview, Heart guitarist Nancy Wilson spoke about the first twenty twenty five leg of the band's Royal Flush tour, which saw her sister in Heart singer Anne Wilson performing while seated in a wheelchair. Nancy said let me clarify for sure, she's okay. She kicked the ass of cancer, referring to the treatment that Anne has undergone recently with surgery and a preventive chemo after announcing her cancer diagnosis back in twenty four she's completely clear clear of cancer. The last night of rehearsal, but for the first leg of the tour in Nashville, where it was icy, she fell leaving rehearsal and broke her elbow. She had to be in the chair with her elbow up on a pillow, so it's not like it's because of the cancer.
Speaker 3: So she was saying.
Speaker 2: She's going to be out of the chair soon enough for the upcoming dates, which is good news for anybody who's concerned over that whole visual. And I think we should finish with a congratulations to shine.
Speaker 3: Down what have they done now? I mean, it's not stop with the guys.
Speaker 2: The current song that you're hearing on an awful lot of radio stations on a lot of different formats three six five, including here on JR R, has hit number one on the Alternative radio chart, giving it four four different charts that they're on right now at one time. It's an amazing song, number one on Alternative, number eleven, Hot AC, number thirty two on top forty, and top twenty at mainstream AC. This is what this band has been able to do is just find a way to cross over, and there will be so many different bands. You're like, some bands will call that selling out. Yeah, no it is. It is not, and those bands would be liars. They would love to have the crossover appeal that this just select few bands have.
Speaker 3: It's the exact thing that Brent came in here and talked about with us. How he said, I urged the label do not just label us as only a rock band. We play to all people. We just play work.
Speaker 2: We write these songs, we play these songs from the heart, and you have to respect that the honesty. Yeah, the fans picked up on that, obviously, we say more power to you guys.
Speaker 3: I talked to somebody who would not be a rocker at all, and when I mentioned Shineedown, was that was that Rockfellery're like, oh, shine down somebody the total top forty US and go, yep, they're all familiar. Now there year ago your rock news for this week one one w j R R