Speaker 1: PBN Family on the road again and we are we are heading Man Preppercamp twenty twenty six. I have put already put a couple hours behind me, which is hard to believe. It's really hard to believe. A couple of phone calls, a couple of podcasts, stuff like that, and already ready to roll.
Speaker 2: So we're, you know, just under four hours. I see the dial.
Speaker 1: On the thermometer going absolutely insane. This this will be a test of your heat endurance, this Prepper Camp event, There's no doubt about it. So I'm interested, you know, as I always say, and we always say every year, mother Nature adds her own flair, and this year, being in August, I you know, had no doubts it was gonna be hot as hell because that's what it is in August in North Carolina.
Speaker 2: So I hope people come prepared for that.
Speaker 1: If not, you know, some of the best prepper camps are some of the worst prepper camps in terms of comfort and convenience. That's true, Like truly, some of the best prepper camps are the best outcomes of prepper camp come from some of the worst prepper camps where you're like, okay, I know what I need to do different next time. You know what I mean, You get this sort of download of the hell that you've had to face from rain, from cold, from Probably the worst for me was the year I wore my boots, but I only brought boots, and man in having those boots, right. I woke up, put those boots on and found out after some torrential rains overnight, I found out that I was gonna be standing in a puddle. My booth was essentially a puddle, and I stood in that puddle, and basically I was like, I was like trench foot, you know what I mean, I was. I had wet feet the whole weekend. Like the entirety of the weekend, my feet were never once dry. They might have been dry, like for a moment in the morning after I slept with no shoes and socks on, but beyond that it was largely just a soaked event for the tutsis, you know what I mean. There's a lot of stuff going on. I really hope everybody can stand the heat, the uh the It's gonna be an interesting situation. I definitely look for to see how the campers are prepared for it. I'm looking to see what, you know, what the Prepper Camp goers they're going to be bringing like hand fans or mister fans or you know whatever. Dealing with the heat, folks, is a thing. I mean, it is a thing. Like I always get up this time of year for a lot of heavy working out, and I always espouse how much I really love the heat. And listen, you know, I fare in the heat pretty well compared to a lot of people. But it's a different thing when you can't escape it, right when you decide to lock arms with the heat through and through, it's a different thing, you know. Now, because we're at this new facility, and this facility is impressive, and they've got some really cool stuff in this facific and a great gym, I mean, a phenomenal gym, Like I'm trying to figure out am I going to work out before Prepper Camp or after Prepper Camp? Because I will be working out. They also have a great mat and heavy bag gym. And actually I haven't punched a punching bag in a month and a half. A month and a half is a long time for me. That's a long time. Actually, I haven't really thrown a punch with this right hand since tearing the finger off almost it wasn't that bad. It was pretty bad, but it wasn't That's that's making it a little mythic. But I haven't really wailed on a punching bag yet, so I'll be interested to do that. That may happen in the wee hours of the morning or in the late hours of the evening. I'm not sure, you know, it's but I am going to get into that gym because it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's extensive.
Speaker 1: So yeah, man, it's you know, this is what we're dealing with, folks, We're dealing with heat as preppers you know, or preparedness minded people. However, you figure yourself into this thing, you know, this is what you want to be. This is what you want to have going on in your head, right, you want to have this whole situation going in your mind.
Speaker 2: It's easy to dominate.
Speaker 1: Well, It's like we always talk about when we do our prepper exercises, right, everything's different when conditions are great, you know what I mean. But it's when conditions are awful that when you really figure things out, you really start to go like, oh, I'm gonna need to switch this and do this different and fix this. That's when you figure out, like I've got some problems, man, that I need to figure out. This is stuff we need to figure in the cold. And you know, for a long time I thought that the old I thought that the old camping stove was the answer to the cold. I found out that convection is greater than the camping stove. This year, just this year, just back in January or my son Carter and I were out. We were out actually the whole the night that we were out. We didn't sleep very much because of the cold and because he forgot something in the car and we wound up walking back to the car like twelve am or something like that, and we came back and went to sleep for maybe two or three hours, and then we were on the road before the sun came up. Why we were doing our little winter operation. The United States military was also conducting there at operation in.
Speaker 2: El Salvador.
Speaker 1: And you know, I don't know, it was kind of weird. It was a really weird there's a really it's a really weird way to remember that situation. But I found out, you know, I gave my son my blow up sleeping pad and I didn't pack another one, and I had a I had a emergency bivvy, a good one, and a sleeping bag. And I said, you know what, this is gonna be just fine. I'd never done that in that level of cold before. And you know what, I found out. It wasn't fine. It was not anywhere near fine. I was cold the whole night, shivering like. It was one of the first times in my life that I would fall asleep nice and cozy, right, and even with the fire going, I'd wake up shivering because my body was losing so much heat to the ground. It just couldn't catch up to the ground. I don't know if baby, if I could have preheated the tent in the ground a little longer. We got to the campsite a little late in the day, and before I got the fire going, we went to watch the sun set up on a big mountain and yeah, it was it. Don't get me wrong, Like, wouldn't change it for the world. I'd just stayed up the whole night largely, I didn't wouldn't have cared, you know what I mean. It was a wonderful night, just great. My son's slept soundly. The difference between this sleeping pad between him. Oh, he also had a much better, uh sleeping bag. He had a he had my uh, what's like a mummy sleeping bag for zero degrees, much better sleeping bag. He was actually getting hot. So he's getting hot. I'm in a in a low tier, low grade sleeping bag and a and an emergency BIV. And I'm telling you right now, like without the camp stove blazing, it was cold. So you got to learn what those climates are all about, you know what I mean. When I started looking at the temperatures, I said to myself, how do I want this prepper camp to go? You know, never before have we had the opportunity to escape the elements of prepper camp. You know, you just it is what it is. But we're at a resort, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And I started seeing like, you know, ninety five degrees thunderstorms in the evening, and I'm thinking to myself, you know, twenty twenty five was a tough year. Freberkamp was one of the high notes, but it was a tough year. And I'm thinking to myself, do I want to spread out, sprawl out into bed. In August, the air condition freshly showered the whole nine yards, get a great night's sleep, take advantage of the solitude like I rarely get. Man, I don't get solitude like I'm going to get these next four days, you know. Not a dog, not a kid, not a nothing in sight. And that's very rare for me. And listen, I'm not bitching about it. I designed my life for this, right for exactly what I'm talking about, Like my life was designed for that. It was literally put in order for just that fact. I want to be with my family all the time. But there is something very special about just being you, just you. What do I want to do? What do I want to you know what I mean the whole thing. If I wasn't coffee guy, I'd be even better off because I could show up to the event even later, sleep in a little bit. Not that I sleep in, but you know, I'm likely to be waking up four in the morning every day just to work out and then get down there get coffee going. Though I have a distinct feeling that the coffee sales are gonna plummet the further into eighty degrees we get which is fine, No, it's no big deal.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it'll be a test of the wheels.
Speaker 1: When it comes to the hot weather, It's gonna be a phenomenal time. No matter how you look at it, no matter how and why and where you look at it, it's gonna be a phenomenal time.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to get there. I'm about what t what is it?
Speaker 1: Eleven twelve, one two, I'm about three hours out and a half, about three and a half out and set up, you know the whole thing. Go see the room. Tonight, we're playing History Draw with Dave Jones, the NBC guy, his new board game. In case you haven't been, I'm paying attention to History Draw right his new board game, phenomenal. I'm I feel like I'm about to die while recording this. I I really don't like the looks of this tractor trailer here. Whatever's going on with this tractor trailer is no good.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to speed up and pass this guy right now.
Speaker 1: Because I'm not sure what it is, what he's got, how the load is set in the back of his truck. But that thing is wobbling, and I don't like the looks of it at all. So we're gonna dust that guy. I don't like the speed, but I'm getting around him. I have to make it home. Don't you understand. I have to return home in one piece. I'm like, it's like I'm in the odyssey, you know what I mean. On the prepping front. On the prepping front, I talked a little bit about the garden Paul Paul's. I didn't get any paup this year, No pau post seeds. I ran out of time. I didn't have enough time. I was planning for this thing all week. Still ran out of time. There's not enough time to do it all. I've got a dirty Man safe that's coming along with us, right. We're gonna promote that thing. I may give it away or sell it to be honest with you, because I think people are gonna want it. We've got a box full of great stuff from hydro Blue dot com, our great sponsor as well.
Speaker 2: Hydro Blue dot Com.
Speaker 1: We got they sent us an entire box of goodies to give out as prizes for our Tinfoil Hack contest. Amazing, absolutely amazing, So they'll get a shout out for sure. I've got a survival scripts kit that I'm not gonna give away, but I am gonna promote while I'm there. Yeah, we got the goods, man. I got some three D printed goodies, got books, got waters, got I think I'm gonna I think I have everything necessary to create at least some semblance of a cooling station for the poor people of Prepper Camp, because I know they're.
Speaker 2: Going to be suffering.
Speaker 1: All in all, man, things are looking good. Things are looking great. I'm going to fill you in on a new project that's working in the background. I was really blessed to meet some guys who are just They have taken the preppared Broadcasting Network archive and carved it and are carving it and manipulating it and molding it into something that we really what it deserves. It's really what it deserves to be. And I'm really excited about that. So looking forward to the future, folks. In the meantime, in the meantime, my spidy sense is going off about water. My spidy sense is always going off about food, but I don't know something about water. Right now, guys, has really got me perked up. It's all the data center talk. It's all the road work and the pipe work in the city of Richmond right now. And I hear that this work is being done all over the country. Honestly, access to water, quality of water, all these kinds of things have really got.
Speaker 2: My head going. And yeah, yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: Probably the second half of twenty twenty six or twenty twenty seven at large, we're going to expand water access on the homestead. And I don't want to talk well, we have a lot of water access on the homestead.
Speaker 2: I have a perpetual creak.
Speaker 1: So investment in the type of filtration that removes chemical that's something that I probably need to get my hands on. Not a lot of them do that, you know what I mean. It's particularly those that you buy. You really need to to invest in a good system. But rainwater catchment we're pretty good on that, but we maybe we do I don't know, maybe we need to express. The thing about rainwater catchment is is you can always expand you can always add mortz. It's not really that tough. It's not really that hard of a thing to just keep adding. I do think that you need to give water a second look right now. I know it's one of those things, it's like silly.
Speaker 2: Right, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: But I do think that the quality of your water. I'm gonna test my water when I get back. I've got this is a prep that everyone should have. The water test strips are like twenty bucks. So water test strips are about twenty dollars, and they tell you a lot about the water, right, tell you a lot about it. And this is huge because the reason Eye bought them's for things grain, barrel water, but also for events where if you lose TV and communications, which hopefully have backups. But if you lose TV and communications because of a natural disaster and you run the tap water for a little while and it comes out brown, and then you check it the next day and it comes out clear.
Speaker 2: What you got going on? Naturally, you gotta boil.
Speaker 1: Water problem, right, So you're gonna boil the water however you can, which is fine, there's no big deal with that. But if you have these water testskit, you can learn a lot more about your water. Not only that, and now I wish I would have tested it a long time ago and wrote down the results rather than just test it. But you can test your water now right, write down the results, take a picture whatever it is.
Speaker 2: And then from there you can.
Speaker 1: Test it in the future when that data center gets done being built, you know what I mean, When that local data center is done getting built, you could test your water again and go well as you can see your honor. And I think that's important, man, I do. I think that's really important. I really wish you I would have saved my test results. Like I tested the water in the past and it was safe, and you threw it away. I really wish I would have tested the water and saved the results because I would have a different kind of insight on kind of where we're at and also where we're going. So get a twenty dollars test, get off of Amazon and test your water, you know what I mean, Test your water now right down the results.
Speaker 2: And then as things change, as.
Speaker 1: Access to water gets crazy, as the price of water goes up, as all these different things that are going to happen with water in the near future begin to happen, you could at least be able to look back and say, you know something about this, don't look right, don't look the way I thought it was going to look. And that could go a long way in a lot of realms. Right, you could be play a big role in getting a data center out of your neighborhood. If you don't want one or out of your town. All right, PBN family, I'm getting back to uh, back to road rage. I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: See you, guys,