Speaker 1: What is going on? Clippers fans, Welcome to the Friday Happy Hour stream. We usually do these during the season, we do them in the off season because it's a fun time. This is Clips and Dip. I am Chuck Mockler joined by Adam Ohson and William Updyke. We are going to put this on audio later, but if you missed it and you want to watch us do this on Fridays, can find us at YouTube dot com Slash at Clippers podcast. Fellas, we have ninety seven Drake songs to talk about. Let's get into it. We're starting with our least favorite.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The draft is thirty something ish days away, and it feels like every day a different one. Seems pretty evident. I think it the most solidified.
Speaker 3: That's the only lock, right Adam.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't fully say lock more likely than not. But there was that report that they would entertain offers. Now that could be to just drive up the prize because Utah draft second after Washington, and AJ has been in Utah forever and I'm sure they'd love to get him.
Speaker 1: Factor. To be honest, I forgot about the Mormon thing.
Speaker 2: They have assets and what if they offered their pick and Ace Bailey to get aj or something like, would you do that? If you're Washington, I think you'd have to consider it.
Speaker 1: So everything feels kind of up in the air. I guess at the fifth pick, Woggler was kind of the pre draft favorite Alan Nan, Thank you, he said, Darling, do not trade the pick.
Speaker 2: Not.
Speaker 1: I don't think they.
Speaker 3: Will promise you that.
Speaker 4: I personally will not trade the Clippers number five pick. Will if you do that, And that's an updike promise you can take to the bank.
Speaker 1: I have watched. Again, I'm not a college basketball guy. I don't think a lot of us really are to the point that we can say, you know what, I just to for me, I'm not gonna pretend like I watched Waggler.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like I'm mister college basketball.
Speaker 3: Okay, But.
Speaker 1: The lack of athleticism thing. Watching some tape now, I don't know if he's the fifth pick. I think he's a very smart, good player, but for Clippers timeline, it looks like it's hard for him to score in college. And I don't mean that it just just athleticism wise, Like I think one on one, scoring would be an issue. He's a very smart player, but I don't know if he's a pick at five.
Speaker 4: Wow, Can I say I feel opposite about the athleticism. Thing is, game isn't predicated on some sort of athleticism, and I see it's obviously not at the same level, but some like the tempo changes and some of the slinkiness of what I liked when Shay was still very raw, like still out of his you know, when we saw him in that first year. And I'm not comparing the two by any stretch of the mind. I'm not saying that at all. I'm not setting the expectations that high. But I like that a game isn't predicated on athleticism, and I do like his size a little bit at the guard position. I also do like the idea of I feel like he's a good sort of I mean a he'd be a I think could be a great backup guard. I do also see him working next to Darius Garland. If you want to keep Garland for the time being, you know it because you know TVD on where Garland fits into the long term strategy at the guard position for the Clippers. Obviously a lot of question marks with the injury history and everything else. But I do think, you know you, you're probably gonna give it at least another season to.
Speaker 3: Try it out.
Speaker 4: And I do think that Walkler is an interesting fit next to him as a guard.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's remember five, It's like kind of if you're going for guards.
Speaker 4: And that's who's still I mean, because this top ten is very guard heavy. There's there's what like maybe three forwards projected to go in the top ten from what I've seen.
Speaker 3: At least obviously this could all change.
Speaker 4: If that's the guard that's left you at five, I think that's a pretty damn good option.
Speaker 3: And honestly, from what I've seen, again I'm not mister college basketball.
Speaker 4: It seems like a pretty good fit. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Am I crazy?
Speaker 2: The more I watch tape on him I said it last week. The more I see Kobe Sanders and a guy who has to use when you're talking about lack of athleticism or burst or working harder than other guys have to to get to his spots. What you notice a lot with that is using the off armor ton and Kobe Sanders and Woggler both use it a lot and It's one thing to do that in college, I think, and you can be craft e and move guys around. It's another with the bigger bodies obviously in the NBA, and I think it's just going to be tougher. I don't know, I have some I have some concerns. Now, you know, I could be wrong. The vertical doesn't scare me as much as just wiggle side to side, breaking down the defense with explosiveness and turning a corner on a guy. I just think it's I think it five though, Like if you can't have a guy that can get separation at five and get his own shot and his own look, I think you might be reaching a little a little bit. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like the point that Will made about not being predicated on athleticism because there are some guys in the top ten who it's like a lot of their game is athleticism. A lot of Clippers fans want a cuff and I'm not saying he's but like, he's big athleticism guy. Obviously in the Elite Scorer, he's the Calipari guard. Like that's a great track record with guards. That defense is bad, though. Woggler's defense is not like elite obviously, but it's a.
Speaker 4: Better point shoting for a Cuff two insane, nasty.
Speaker 1: And I mean he he was nut and part of me wonders, like too short, though I don't want him to me that's that's that one's.
Speaker 3: A nogo for me.
Speaker 4: Unless you're determined to me, that's one that says you're moving on. You're you're already ready to move on from Darius Garland, or you are in the next season or so. So I don't see him being a great side runner despite the outside shoot.
Speaker 1: My take was, if they draft a Cuff, you should trade Garland and Kawhi and just completely kind of do like like usher in this kind of sudden rebuild because a Cuff and Garland cannot play in the backcourt together. I just defensively that's not happening like that. That would not be good. And you don't want the fifth pick to like come off the back like I I just the fit would be really weird. I think with a Cuff at five and the defense is horrible.
Speaker 2: I've just come around on I think he might be the most sure thing, Like he has a true he has a skill set that is going. He's gonna score fifteen points a game as soon as he gets in the league most likely. Yeah, Like that's not going to be an issue for him. What is the sure thing with Woggler? What is like a cuff is also a really good playmaker. It's not just that he's some ISO score. People got upset with me because I compared to Cam Thomas. But I was been trying to make the point that the draft is so all over the place. I could, you know, make the argument that he's Alan Iverson with a better shot, or he's Cam Thomas or something, but he's not Cam Thomas with his playmaking at all. Uh, He's plus he's great there so he makes guys around him better. He can play off the ball. He scores at three levels. He's six two without shoes. So I was trying to think about this. Uh, is Mitchell six four wis shoes six three wishoes.
Speaker 1: I think he's slightly taller, He's in that range. He's shorter than c J. McCollum. As a as a tweet that I saw in my research is he barely like he's like barely shorter than c J. McCollum, but he has a longer win he has a long wingspan.
Speaker 2: Right, he's taller the Darius Garland. He's like, I was just, for whatever reason, thinking about Derek White and what a good defender he is, and he's undersized earlier today he's an inch taller, and their wingspans are pretty identical. There's a difference between a guy not wanting to play defense and a guy not being able to play defense. And I think there's a chance that a cuff with Jeff Van Gundy and not having the entire entire scoring load on his plate could play defense. And he at least talked about it at the draft combine. He's like, obviously everybody's gonna get on me for the defense.
Speaker 4: So he also had one of the I think he had one of the highest offensive usage ratings of any of these guards, Like.
Speaker 1: In the thirty five or forty minutes of every college game he was in.
Speaker 2: He like, you're not going to ask him to play defense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that that was my thing. Joe I was like, damn, I didn't realize his minutes per game was so heavy.
Speaker 4: Again, the offense that like, the usage rate is like it's like thirty five or something like, it's insane.
Speaker 1: But again, so he's coming off the bench, and then what are we doing when he becomes really good? We're starting him in Garland.
Speaker 2: Well, what you could do is.
Speaker 1: Because you don't have the fifth pick to be a bench guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I still I don't really see him as a as a side runner into Garland.
Speaker 3: I don't see those two.
Speaker 2: Well, what you would do is, uh, bring him off the bench to start the season, and you hope Darius Garland's value goes up because right now you might be selling on the lower side after this season. You'd be definitely selling higher before this season with a toe surgery and everything that happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't play back to backs, you'd be selling super high on Kawhi if they did a trade, and you'd be selling higher on Kawhi than Garland.
Speaker 2: You might be selling low on Garland. I mean, that's probably what the Calves ended up doing. So how about he reclaims more of his value while a cuff is coming off the bench inch and then you make that decision. Like, I don't think you have to do that right away.
Speaker 1: I don't. I Like I'm starting to come around to this thinking I don't know, man, I just because but does that fit also with the Clippers still wanting to like, let.
Speaker 2: Me play you something. The Kings had an idea and it was, oh, we can't have Tyree's Halliburton and Deer and Fox play together. And I don't think that was the greatest idea, and teams knew it, and they probably sold lower on Halliburton and he wasn't able to become the player he was now at that time.
Speaker 1: Here's a question, does the fact that the Kings have been so enamored with Acuff make you think he might be a bust? Because it's the.
Speaker 2: Case they got those two guys, right I just mentioned.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: So the other one is Caleb Wilson. People have been talking about athletic, insane Defensively, there's some issues. I think I might be too worried about defense with this draft because the guy that I want to maybe take it five, who will talk about, is like kind of a plus defender.
Speaker 2: Caleb Wilson is a good defender. There was a projects as a wing defender that could be elite.
Speaker 1: Who's that. I read a Caitlin Cooper piece on Caleb Wilson's defense.
Speaker 3: She knows whops so very much.
Speaker 1: Knows hoops and I was like, oh, I don't know how much I love that he gets lost off the ball.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I strongly disagree. I think Caleb Wilson projects as being a really good defender.
Speaker 1: Athletically, it's obviously there, but he's probably also going to be gone.
Speaker 2: This is why there can be no trade until you see who the first four guys taken on because one of them and all of a sudden you made a trade to trade back already with the Kings and they're at five and now they could get Caleb Wilson or where if Peterson drops somehow you can't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be crazy. You do really have to, Like.
Speaker 2: You gotta wait till the very end. You gotta wait until you till your time is on the clock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, damn, that's crazy. Are we? Let's talk about Braden Berry's.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I like this kid.
Speaker 1: As someone who has been pretty locked into the draft for the past thirty six hours. There's some facilitator issues, but I think you could move into shooting guard.
Speaker 3: I think that's where you would play.
Speaker 4: To me, Burr's like it to me, Burry's is uh, yeah, if you want if you're of the Joseph Rye Award opinion.
Speaker 1: That you I have not talked to you about this to be that you should get Chris Nunn off.
Speaker 4: This team projects as you're like, offensively more useful Chris do potentially upside, that's the upside.
Speaker 1: I just like he's good in transition. He's a great shooter, he's a plus defender. He's like a good cutter, good athlete, good athlete. I like it, Like I guess I wouldn't. I wouldn't be upset if they like Burry's. It's again, it seems like the top ten is shifting. I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 2: Maybe a lower ceiling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think he's an agree with that is I think it's a lower ceiling.
Speaker 2: Or maybe he's Jamal Murray like Jamal Burry. Uh uh. I I like him. I think honestly, I wonder if he fell solely because of how bad Michigan did Arizona in the tournament. Like, honestly, I was kind of surprized where the mock drafts were. It's like, is this recency biased?
Speaker 1: WHOA yeah? Yeah, Like I don't know. I like his game, like it. It feels like and I might be kind of like thinking that because I think he, of any of the guys, maybe not as much as a Cuff could work with what the Clippers front office wants to do, which is, we still want to compete. We still want to like bridge from compete to contender. Like he could come in and do off ball things, which I think helps the team. In that scenario. You don't have to, you know, develop him as much in terms of handling the ball because that just seems more difficult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't have to be the hub on offense and develop that way.
Speaker 4: He's compliment Garland. Well, if that's the way you want to move.
Speaker 1: Right, But like you said, like with a Cuff off the bench, that's also not as big of a pressure.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I am going with need overfit, Like, this is not a team that I think you should be making decisions on, well, who fits next to Darius Garland. I don't think that that's how you should plan this at all. I think you have to go for the highest ceiling guy when you're at five.
Speaker 1: Yeah you're saying, you're saying Acuff.
Speaker 2: Lately, I'm leeing that way, But I go I can be talked into anything.
Speaker 1: I see.
Speaker 3: That's how I feel.
Speaker 2: Michelle Brown like, that's interesting to me. He's super athlete. And while he shot just under thirty five percent from three, I wonder how many of his were off the bounds versus catch and shoot.
Speaker 1: That's what scares me about Wilson a little bit, is that he doesn't shoot and he's not a good shooter.
Speaker 2: His form looks good, but like he he's high, highest ceiling. Well, he's nineteen. The guys are going to continue to develop, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, guy's who's a lower ceiling admittedly, but as a forward, I like him more than Wilson.
Speaker 3: Actually, Yaxel Lendeborg.
Speaker 4: Not five though I'm I'm intrigued. I'm trigued taking the twenty four.
Speaker 3: Year old as well.
Speaker 4: I've been trigued it taking the old man who's uh, he's shooting like thirty five plus attempts.
Speaker 1: Again, if Lawrence Frank texting you as we're doing this, I don't like the most player in the draft.
Speaker 4: He's a good defender, like I don't know, there's something like again, I don't know if I.
Speaker 3: Could say that he's an all star.
Speaker 4: I do think that he's a team ready contributor with a high.
Speaker 1: Floor, do you trade? So you're saying maybe trade back.
Speaker 2: You have to because if you're taking it five for guys that you think can be stars, you have to take guys that you think can be stars at five. And the good news is they have plenty of team that would like to trade with them. Where if they don't think a cup for Woggler, these guys that could go around there do have the highest ceiling, then they can just trade back and they can get a lot.
Speaker 1: Lawrence Frank hasn't had the opportunity to make a this, you know what I mean, like a lot a draft lotto trade in a while. So I wonder if he's just kind of excited to do that, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean?
Speaker 2: He loves the trade was originally Shaye was a Charlotte, a Charlotte Hornet, So maybe people should actually uh go after them for trading Shane.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, let's shift that narrative. I like that idea. ZTV nineteen ninety is on board with Yaxel. So they're saying trade and it would be a trade back. You can't take Yaxel at five. I would be upset if they took Yaxcel at five he's projected for like right around that area, is he? Yeah, like five to eight.
Speaker 3: Like see eight's do it. That's a lot, I know.
Speaker 4: But these are all like this is just all speculation outside.
Speaker 1: Of like the time, and I don't know anything about this draft. The Ringers NBA draft has changed three times today for their mock, they have Woggler. Now for the Clippers, they had Buries earlier. They have a Cuff going seventh. So that's the other thing is that the Kings very clear, like it's kind of the worst kept secret that they are probably going to try and draft a cuff. And I'm not saying the Clippers trade with them, but they might move up to just make sure they get you know what I mean, Like they.
Speaker 2: Seem that they need buzz, they need star power up there, and they need something them gained. The seventh pick for them was a disaster. Yeah, so they would definitely trade up.
Speaker 1: Did you see Russo's tweet today? No, Justin Rousseau for some reason was like torturing himself by looking at the Kings season, and he said on March seventh, the Sacramento Kings were fourteen and fifty, the worst record in the NBA. They were five games up on Utah in the tank race, they'd finish for the same record. Utah won the tiebreaker and Sacramento dropped to seventh in the lottery all time. Woof, I keep looking at it.
Speaker 2: They went seven and seven during a fourteen game stretch. For Doug Crissey's like, as long as I'm here, we're winning games.
Speaker 1: There's more things that happened the Clippers that likely impacted things over but we could very well look back at those final eighteen games eight and ten as severely crippling to the future of the Kings. Had a pretty healthy gap to decent odds for the top four and just I got nothing. So they want they are going to move up.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: Is that the Clippers spot or is that the like are they moving up to three with who?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Like with who?
Speaker 2: Three is not trading? Most likely the Clippers is the best spot to trade with. That's like the swing point of the draft where a lot of people think the top four locked in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the players aren't trading unless that new owner wants to sell that pick for some money.
Speaker 3: We'll take cash, take cash.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That uh, that does seem pretty locked in.
Speaker 2: Damn I'm lower on Booze with the most but maybe he ends up dropping. Someone could drop out of the top four, and that's why the Clippers have to hold on until they're on the clock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to wait. People are asking about Mara in the chat. I don't know much about mar to be totally honest, I'm with you, Ally Malik.
Speaker 2: That's the opposite of what happened to Burry's because he was so good in the tournament and they ended up winning at all that his stock flies upwards. Yeah, and they smoked Arizona. But yeah, he's interesting.
Speaker 1: What could the Clippers even get from the Kings? Like what we're so we're trading five for seven, but are they throwing in another first round pick? Like what are they giving us? Peak and Murray I would love that. I don't think they would.
Speaker 2: The Clippers also run right, the Kings would not give up anything that was esteemed as closing the trade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, who is it.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to look at their future draft capital.
Speaker 1: Clippers have, like we have twenty five million in expiring between Lopezan bogged In, Like maybe they just want to tank again a year. They do have Australian sensation Drew Eubanks and former Clipper Patrick Balbin Jr.
Speaker 3: So right, yeah, so we're good there.
Speaker 2: I meant get their their twenty seven first round pick, their twenty eight first round pick. Those are going to be coveted picks. But also there's likely going to be a new tanking reform here, so they may not be because they could get the bottom three record in the league, they're relegated, and you actually have less of a chance of getting that pick, then I.
Speaker 1: Wish they would have. This is a tangent, and I understand that if no one else is on board with this. The fact that they used relegation zone for the draft thing pisses me off. Relegation means one thing in sports, and that's getting moved to the league below you, and I'm just pissed that they used relegation for that.
Speaker 3: That's just me.
Speaker 1: Moving on amic complete. Yeah, I think it have to be picks because they're not I don't know anything about the new King's GM, so I'm not sure if they're going to be someone who's like we're trying to we're still trying to compete, because again, like you said, they can't tank, so they probably don't want to get rid of guys who can help them win the right amount of games.
Speaker 2: It's Scott Perry who was with the Knicks and did some good things there.
Speaker 3: But it's not tanking though. If you have no good players left, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: You're just a bad team.
Speaker 3: You just suck.
Speaker 1: Adam Silver should let the bottom three team record teams argue their point. It shouldn't be should just like, come on, we're back. Yeah, it'd have to be picks. I don't want to Martin Rosen or Sabonis for what the Clippers will have to give up. An addition to that, you know what I mean, Like, the Clippers have a bunch of questions. We got to resign Collins. What's going on with mathn Is Beale? Are we trading Belle?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: If it's five Brook and Brogden for Sabonas.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: I stand. I'm the same as you with Stabana Sabonis. There's a low ceiling there. I've been trying to tell Kings fans since they fucking trade Halley. I was like, don't do this, this is stupid.
Speaker 1: If Sabonas was expiring, I'd be on board with that, but it's this, it's next year in the year after that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know. But like, yeah, that's true that like you're getting some money off your books. It's not really doing anything getting someone who's like, get this team doesn't project to contend next year or the year after anyways. So like you get somebody who's a little exciting and you just move back a couple of spots.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It just depends on I'm not mad at that depends on your draft.
Speaker 3: You know, your draftle to play.
Speaker 4: I'm saying if that was the offer, i'd be like, I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm kicking it around in the old tim can.
Speaker 4: Like I'd be okay, looking Brogden in like two spots.
Speaker 2: I guess. I don't know, but broken Brogden's money is expiring after this year and Demontes's is not, And to me, that's the deal breaker.
Speaker 3: That's fair.
Speaker 2: I want twenty twenty seven half more room.
Speaker 1: Well he can come up. Yeah, no, you're right, And no team is ever a Demonto Sabona's type of player away from winning a chip. No team is like we need a center who's not very good at defending your rebounding in the playoffs, and we'll be good in the chip.
Speaker 2: You can rebound, but you can't defend very well, right and unless you have the only way he works is if you have a Wemby type next not a Wemby, but you need a stretch big next to him, legitimate need brook Lopez, prime brook Lopez or something.
Speaker 4: Maybe a Yoxel Linderberg type character. Adam's not even gonna respond.
Speaker 1: Adam hates the Yoxle idea, which I'm leaning towards.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I haven't done much research.
Speaker 1: The trade would have to be crazy, like we'd have to trade back to twelve, Like what are we getting to trade back? I don't know.
Speaker 4: His highlight package is like, I'm like, I'm kind of fucking with it.
Speaker 1: I do trust Lawrence Frank though.
Speaker 3: He's like almost six', NINE i don't. Know he can pass the ball like he can pass the.
Speaker 4: Ball you can shoot like he can do catch and shoot, threes LIKE i don't, Know mike, crazy he's a good, defender, LIKE i don't. Know that's not that doesn't sound unappealing to me on.
Speaker 2: Paper you could talk me in or out of. Anything when it comes to the. Draft for the most, part because it's such a. Craft.
Speaker 4: Shoot if you drafted, him you could work out like A Steph curry esque cap thing where by the time you're giving him a big, contract he's already almost, thirty so he's not A max.
Speaker 2: GUY i love.
Speaker 1: It he will be twenty.
Speaker 4: Eight he will be twenty eight at the end of his fucking rookie. Contract even if he is An all star in that, time you do not have to give Him max money because he is almost thirty years.
Speaker 3: OLD i love.
Speaker 1: That the this IS i love this argument for drafting a guy is that his second contract because he'll be so old you won't have to Break he'll be so good and so. Old then it's, like, dude, DOE i love. That do we think The clippers move up because people have talked about all we should move back an.
Speaker 2: They're not going to deal with. You no trading. Down nobody in the top four is trading. DOWN i mean maybe may be on draft day there's a crazy offer because somebody really Likes boozer and the team at three or four, doesn't and that could.
Speaker 1: Happen but, YEAH i don't think, yeah because the most common Thing i've seen is, like what if can we trade up to Get, wilson and it's, like, no like you want to give up three first round picks for, that BECAUSE i think that's what they'd be, asking, Right it'd be the the Other pacers pick and then The clipper's own picks that they have able to, trade and everyone would throw up because we kind of like that would be a.
Speaker 2: Lot there is something, too you, know the next two drafts are not thought of as being very, strong, okay and so teams are going to be more willing to deal in this one and trying to get more picks in this draft and load up now while you, can which.
Speaker 1: Is why.
Speaker 3: Next two drafts are. Weak they're. Soft those kids are.
Speaker 2: Soft it's why the tanking was so.
Speaker 1: Extreme apparently that's true what they're looking at class of twenty thirty nine and. Stuff this, draft, though we will, see because we talked about a little bit last, week like we will see what the value of first round picks are with the new lotto, rules because it's going to, change like it's really, weird like like teams are gonna like lose a bunch until the last month of the season and then be, like all, right let's try and do our. Thing and not be bottom, three but be four through what was it eight get the highest, Chances like it's kind of.
Speaker 3: INTRIGUING i hate it.
Speaker 4: In some regards, though it's, intriguing just like the ruin people's kind of season aspect of the whole. Thing, Like, alla what The kings did to The clippers this, year.
Speaker 1: Kind of what we did to them by, losing, right that was kind of Us.
Speaker 2: King we were in the three two one draft lottery, already, Apparently.
Speaker 1: Yeah Ali malik asking the change is, temporary, RIGHT i don't.
Speaker 4: Know it's been written in the stone on THE Nba.
Speaker 3: Testaments it's, Forever Adam Silver's.
Speaker 2: It's coming down from the mountain Like moses a.
Speaker 1: Bald moses a lightning bolt striking his, head.
Speaker 2: Blinding they can reform, it they can revise, it they can change it, again they can tweak. It but it's still being voted. On this is the proposal for later this. Month everyone assumes it's going to. Be everyone assumes it's a.
Speaker 1: Given, Yeah King goalie is, saying we need, shooters a, cuffs a. Shooter berry's is a, Shooter wogglers a, shooter.
Speaker 3: Shooter there's going to be A shoerberg.
Speaker 1: Shooter you're gonna start calling him win at some, point we're gonna be doing. It you're going Draft.
Speaker 2: Lindbergh why they didn't shoot well at the? Combine does that matter to anyone on the catch and? SHOOTS i don't think. So like you're gonna put more into that than actual game, Tape like who?
Speaker 1: Cares the combine is tough because like we were texting about, It LIKE i, Mean jimmiferdette had a higher standing vert Than Kawhi, Leonard like that shit doesn't, Matter like if a.
Speaker 2: Guy had a better shuttle or something.
Speaker 1: TOO i think it matters if a guy like maybe absolutely tanks every single, drill but like if you're, not you know WHAT i, Mean like we're co. O pete was really high on some of these drill leader boards and he's being advised to go back to. School LIKE i JUST i don't put a ton of stock in the the like shuttle cone. Time it's not like football where that stuff can kind of play more Of.
Speaker 4: Have you ever been to across, event how many of those folks could uh?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: Whoah you'll notice in CrossFit they don't have a three point contest or An ironman, Competition so is it the world's toughest cop if you're not having to shooting off the dribble.
Speaker 2: THREE i don't know If yannick gets drafted where he does though last, year if it wasn't for the word at the draft Or Keon johnson a few years before.
Speaker 1: That but they also went like like where did where did they?
Speaker 3: Go?
Speaker 1: Though like it was not like they went incredibly.
Speaker 2: HIGH a lot of people were saying it was a reach at the. Time they all want a cop, better and now they changed their, Mind.
Speaker 3: SO i guess.
Speaker 1: THAT i guess that's kind of like the other the flip side of my, argument, right like Because yoxell did great in every single athletic, thing whereas like if you do really good in all of, them. Sick if you do really, bad that's probably not. Good but anytime you're kind of in the, middle, right Like waggler didn't like tank any of.
Speaker 2: Them you mostly want to see.
Speaker 3: One of these guys is won And. Natty that's All i'm saying.
Speaker 1: At, michigan and the most important thing and draft pedigree is did YOU i will.
Speaker 4: SAY i will say though it's like a little bit about HOW.
Speaker 3: I felt About nova.
Speaker 4: Guys i'm, LIKE i, mean, obviously you know you probably don't want to.
Speaker 3: Use a super high pick or, whatever but like you're getting a.
Speaker 4: Good guy if they're like around where you're expected to, Draft LIKE i would go IF i was between two, Players i'd probably lean for The nova. Guy like they've just been in a good. System uh and AND i think they project well as a.
Speaker 1: Pro i'm not like A cuff being A calipari. Guard, Yeah like he has an incredible track record with, Guards Tyler hero being the worst.
Speaker 3: One i'm With kingouli. HERE i still Like. WOGGLER i don't know why you guys are so out on.
Speaker 2: Him work a lot of off arm spin moves back downs to try to get a, bucket and it's like in THE. NBA i don't think he's pushing guys for around. MUCH i don't know if a lot of that's gonna work as. WELL i JUST i don't, know could be.
Speaker 1: WRONG i do not think it will work.
Speaker 2: Better the comps have Been halliburton AND, sga AND i went back and WATCHED Sga kentucky, tape AND i JUST i think it's. DIFFERENT i DON'T i don't see. IT i think he. Had, remember there was a reason that he wasn't even a top fifty, Recruit like.
Speaker 1: He was worse than top. FIFTY i THINK i thought he was like one of six or, something.
Speaker 2: Or he didn't finish top, fifty whatever it. Was he had to have this great season and then make a run to The final four to be looked at like, This AND i think that's probably because the physical tools were lacking when he was being.
Speaker 1: Recruited he's that's that's my thing, Too like he's smart obviously to take advantage of how good of a year he, had but, like could he be the? Guy like if you're drafting him at, five it's like you want a, dude who CAN i do either be the face of the franchise or the number two face of the franchise at one?
Speaker 3: Point, again but what are the stats on this out of the.
Speaker 2: Top five, Picks, like you're, right all is.
Speaker 4: Going to become An All star out of every five and.
Speaker 1: The balls are in front of, us so it's not going to be that. Guy so we got that's one out of three.
Speaker 2: Ten years of top ten, picks and only twenty five percent of the time you would end up with An All, Star, Right so that's one hundred. Picks twenty five of them became An All star over ten. Years some of them became good role players contributors.
Speaker 4: Well AND i don't trust about this. Too LIKE i understand the draft in that the idea is like you're drafting for, upside especially if you have a high. Pick but isn't there something to be said for just like drafting a known quantity that like a like an actual like ready to draft. CONTRIBUTOR i guess it depends on your. Need, Frankly i'm.
Speaker 2: Just not Convinced woggler is that because the stuff that he's Doing.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Talking about the big y, uh but say we're about to say About, wagler because that is most likely that The clippers are deciding that.
Speaker 2: Five to, me the way he is scoring at the lower level may not, translate especially right away to THE. Nba if it does at, ALL i could See acuffs translating day. One and while he may have limitations and, flaws there's something that he's really gonna help you. With AND i think it's his. Offense. Immediately, yeah like.
Speaker 1: You, SAID i love the fifteen point, thing like he's gonna come in and score fifteen off the. Bench Killer ghost is, saying thank you for the super. CHAT a cuff is available at. FIVE i don't think The clippers can pass. That, YEAH i mean too short.
Speaker 2: HE i mean he is the guy that most likely bumps somebody else, back like cam Or caleb will sin that somebody goes for a cuff in the top four, Instead.
Speaker 1: Ali, malik thank. You there's a sunset provision that they can revote in twenty twenty nine for the lotto. Situation, yeah let's just Keep let's just keep running into that wall and throwing it reverse and running into the wall behind. This Adam, silver this is. Awesome thank you for the end.
Speaker 2: Of that's better and getting stuck with a really bad plan if it ends up that.
Speaker 1: Way i'm just thinking of The Austin powers bit where he's in that fucking cart trying to turn Around Adam silver is doing with the. Draft Alfonso lopez is. Saying everybody is, SAYING a cuff plays horrible. Defense, YES i did watch a very long video of him playing very good one on one, Defense SO i think the one on one defense will come along faster than the team.
Speaker 4: Defense but that's also always bloated like it's always guys like they have trouble off b they have trouble seeing how things, developed they have trouble in a team. System AND i think that that is. WORSE i think that that's worse because you're not gonna you're six to, Two you're not gonna be a premier defender like in the.
Speaker 1: League and Are calipari's team's defensive stalwarts? Right Like calipari is not exactly drilling down from my very limited knowledge of college basketball, Admittedly like it's never, like, Oh calibari's team is real defensive monsters this.
Speaker 2: Year, YEAH i don't know THE ad team was, obviously But i'm.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, yeah The university Of montana's team would have been a defensive minded team with A.
Speaker 2: D i Think memphis with D rose is pretty. GOOD i don't, know, YEAH I the thing is if you were able to guard one on, one then you have the ability to be good off.
Speaker 1: Ball and the wingspan got good, measurements, right wasn't he plus three on his height with his wingspan or plus three on his wingspan compared to his height six?
Speaker 2: FIVE i THINK i think wingspan was six, seven so six to two flat shoes six seven. WINGS i think that's exactly What Derek whitees was and that.
Speaker 1: Was seven is.
Speaker 4: RESPECTABLE i thought it was like six, five, which, LIKE i, mean it's ad, obviously but it's, like but.
Speaker 1: Six, seven you're, like all, Right so like if you can figure out more of the off ball stuff that's, there you, know deflections and.
Speaker 2: Whatnot i'm just really proud we didn't do the six to seven joke once.
Speaker 1: There we're, no we're, not because we're all in our.
Speaker 2: THIRTIES i, like like the reason Like harden is decent when he has to guard a guy on, Ball russ is good when he has to guy guard got guarded guy on, ball they fall asleep because these guys were used to being number one options on teams that always could rest on that end when the guy who had the ball in his hands wasn't right in front of. Them but that's where you develop those bad.
Speaker 4: Habits, also how does like A cuff respond to like if he's not given the keys to the offense right away in AN nba.
Speaker 3: System it's a.
Speaker 2: Good point from the draft. Interview, IOWA i don't, know he seemed he seemed awesome, there but like it's.
Speaker 4: One thing to say that, like it's it's another.
Speaker 2: Thing everybody's going to say the right. Thing but, yeah.
Speaker 3: BUT i character.
Speaker 4: Here i'm just, saying, like it's a very different adjustment going from being the guy your entire life to maybe starting off the.
Speaker 3: Bench to be, fair he was only so it's.
Speaker 1: Not that long.
Speaker 2: Many have had to deal with.
Speaker 1: It people are saying hard and is? Choking what's going on in this game right?
Speaker 2: Now calves are down by twelve nine.
Speaker 3: Minute knoxle kind of projects the All American nick. Batoon you know.
Speaker 1: You Disliked nick only because he's Frend, yeah we should draft another person's gonna be as good As Nick. Patoo before we get into any more draft, stuff we are we, Are he's right. There he will be available at. FIVE i think we, can you know, what To will's, CREDIT.
Speaker 3: I can comfortably.
Speaker 1: SAY i think we can comfortably, Say yoxall will be available at, Five, adam And, will did you bring a dip?
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 1: Yeah if you're on the live this is part of the. Shows in the off, season we do make a dip because our name is clips And. Dip we got thousands of letters addressed to us saying that we needed to do dip in the off, Season so we're gonna take five minutes and do. That, adam did you bring a? Dip people liked your dip last?
Speaker 2: Week, also, YEAH i gotta get in the fridge.
Speaker 1: Though all, right taking, time take your. Time if we Take, yaxle we gotta move. Back let's move back to, eight grab a couple other. Picks it does depend what happens, two, three, Four AND i guess one Like yaxel's not the.
Speaker 3: Guy at five could be the.
Speaker 1: Move it's not the move at, five, bro.
Speaker 3: We have enough.
Speaker 1: Guards ray is excited about the dip. Talk thank, You, Ray, adam you go first because you had to commute the most for your.
Speaker 2: Dip so we've never, uh we've never broached this subject. Before AND i think it's an interesting one because IF i had a gram cracker right, NOW i THINK i could make the argument pretty easily that bee honey is a.
Speaker 3: Dip oh my, god.
Speaker 2: Especially if it's infused with.
Speaker 1: TUBERIC i feel Like i'm in a like one of my friends' houses in middle school and his parents are like granola ingredients.
Speaker 2: People the. Thickness that's a, dip, Baby how could it not?
Speaker 1: BE i don't, Know, honey we're gonna talk about it more on The.
Speaker 4: Patreon but, HONEY i don't know are close to a?
Speaker 3: Condiment chat is.
Speaker 1: An ironically Chat is honey a dip or is it a?
Speaker 4: CONDIMENT i think it's more of a. Condiment you wouldn't put a dip in.
Speaker 2: Tea you would dip a gram cracker into.
Speaker 1: THIS i like this idea From ray that we should ask recruits at the combine to make a.
Speaker 3: Dip that's one.
Speaker 1: We should, actually, honestly if we should get something going WHERE us three can be a bigger part.
Speaker 3: Of the draft. Process the.
Speaker 1: Clips, Okay So adam has honey infused with? Tumor where did you get? It if you don't mind me? Asking is it from the farmer's? Market?
Speaker 2: Okay to get? THIS i have gotten one at the farmer's market. BEFORE i think this one was On, Amazon.
Speaker 3: So this isn't.
Speaker 1: Local so it's not locally.
Speaker 2: Sourced made with raw orange, blossom, honey.
Speaker 1: Bezos, honey.
Speaker 3: Besis. Dip wal did you make a?
Speaker 1: Dip what were you?
Speaker 6: Drinking?
Speaker 4: OH i had a sprints in this very classy.
Speaker 1: Cup adam is full of it. Today the aperol sprits look very. Good what did you pair it with.
Speaker 4: Dip, WISE i just have here a simple humble mix of qpie and.
Speaker 3: Chili crisp.
Speaker 4: Uh AND i was dipping just some green beans in there and honestly.
Speaker 3: Delightful that's.
Speaker 1: Awesome we're getting a lot of support for non standard honey, specifically.
Speaker 2: How about, that fuck you.
Speaker 4: Guys you can't put a dip in. Honey you can't put a dip in.
Speaker 1: TEA i like that that as long as it. Flows it's a dip from Ex mongo.
Speaker 2: Project interesting or, flowing, baby.
Speaker 1: Heat it up hot, honey that like not spicy temperature wise, honey that's flowing kind of a.
Speaker 2: HOT i got My cheetos honey over, Here.
Speaker 1: ADAM i will, say if you brought honey turmeric to my barbecue and tried to pass it off as a, DIP i would MAYBE i would maybe have a.
Speaker 2: Grievance just leave you.
Speaker 1: Brought, Honey, no you can, stay But i'd be like the honey stays. Outside look sweb ass is mayonnaise and.
Speaker 2: Instrument, well great song by The Smashing pumpkins Called. Mayonnaise there we.
Speaker 1: Go will would you bring your dip to the?
Speaker 4: Barbecue, Yeah i've like prepared this as like a dip for countless.
Speaker 3: Things makes.
Speaker 1: SENSE i, went my dip was bad last. WEEK i, WENT i made my own. Dip i've been working through. IT i went garbadzo beans, drained mashed, obviously some olive, oil, lemon, garlic and some old bass.
Speaker 3: Seasoning so this sounds like.
Speaker 1: Hummus, YES i basically made a, hummus But i'm enjoying it WITH i went very stonery with my. Dip delicious. Funions oh AND i would bring this to a. Barbecue what what planet are? You this is the most contentious. Man all, right it'll be on The. Patreon we're gonna talk more about the. Dips thank you for indulging our dip. Talk we will get.
Speaker 3: Back had a couple hours On. Yaxel, yeah the axle is a.
Speaker 2: Dip.
Speaker 1: Damn if The clippers Took if The clippers Took yaxle at, FIVE i WOULD i wouldn't walk into the, ocean BUT i would drive to the. Pier you know WHAT i.
Speaker 3: Mean i'd be, LIKE i really hope that this.
Speaker 1: Works, oh we haven't talked About flemings at.
Speaker 2: All, YEAH i like his mid range is. Ridiculous it's.
Speaker 1: Nice, Uh I'm.
Speaker 2: I'm all for, it but that's probably. NO i think it's a trade, back BUT i wouldn't mind taking.
Speaker 6: Him, yeah the trade, back, man the the, More i'm just, like it's going to be such a tense draft because of what happens in.
Speaker 2: Four it we're really the swing. Point. Yeah four also could be does one of the you presume top four guys, Drop, yeah then all eyes run The.
Speaker 3: Clippers we just fuck.
Speaker 7: Up Jaxel, yannick, like you already drafted that. Guy you're already Drafted.
Speaker 1: Alfred Al oh my, god just But fleming is also six. Two he, IS i, Believe, yeah no shorter than a.
Speaker 2: Cup he was six, too without choose.
Speaker 4: Six, yeah a six to two guy projected to go. Twelve you're, like, oh, yeah well that sounds. Fine yax is crazy read.
Speaker 2: Nuts, okay he was exactly the, same, right six two and a.
Speaker 4: Half, yeah, which if you're adding the, HALF i don't even believe you're six, too, Buddy, sorry you're six one at. Best people six two are over don't have to add a half to.
Speaker 2: Their you're six oh.
Speaker 3: Two that's so.
Speaker 1: Funny, yeah, right The clippers are already documentedly drafted the guy they didn't Know tolly was.
Speaker 2: Six two Rou.
Speaker 1: David connrs Saying flemings is in the top, five oh for the top five for The. Clippers, okay got. IT i was, Like i'm putting berries in. THERE i Think berry's is a legitimate guy that they could take.
Speaker 3: IT i think.
Speaker 1: INTERESTING i think he's a guy who you take it five and it's, like, sure, Okay Alfonso lopez Saying, WOGGLER.
Speaker 2: I don't, Know like whoever they, Take i'm getting behind And i'm, saying, hey this is our guy we're rooting. For i'm gonna be celebrating. It i'm gonna have the kazoo. Out it'll be, fine the KAZOO i don't, know celebration that's. Sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, obviously whoever The clippers, pick we are going to support.
Speaker 3: That there's no you'll get the y axle. Jersey.
Speaker 1: Yeah i'll go On addicts And i'll get the very cheap yaxle jersey that all The glitch deal lunatics are hopping. On adam is just crushing this, honey and it's fucking. DUDE i feel LIKE.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be eating it like this if it wasn't a. Dip, sure.
Speaker 1: The chat is, saying we're drafting tingus pinkas if we take if we dig.
Speaker 3: Yacks but.
Speaker 1: That's a good. Bit now we're gonna support whoever they. TAKE i do think if they take a, cuff, YEAH i like THE i like the get a, cuff come off the. Bench Deal garland later in the season when the values, hopefully BECAUSE i AGAIN i cannot foresee them starting together unless three, four unless three and four for The clippers are like elite elite wing.
Speaker 3: Defenders Trade kawhian draft night for? Four?
Speaker 1: Sure is that even? POSSIBLE i don't even know how that would. Work we still have to get fifty million dollars in salary, back.
Speaker 3: Not on draft.
Speaker 1: Back there's no salary rules on draft. Night it's just. All it's just.
Speaker 3: All it's like you worry about until the season.
Speaker 1: Starts as soon as the as soon as the first team is on the. Clock it's like the, purge and there's just no salary. Rules, no, yeah it.
Speaker 4: Doesn't it doesn't matter until the season.
Speaker 3: Starts.
Speaker 1: Uh mike is, saying enough with the, fifth let's talk about the other two picks we have this. Year, MIKE i hate to disappoint. YOU i have no goddamn. Idea who else they're taking uh this? Year but we will have an episode about that probably next. Week Ali maleik casting who has a better chance of being An All star in the, Future Darius garland or A. Cup i'm gonna go with a guy who's already Been All Star.
Speaker 2: Jesus yeah, right non Com, yeah, No i'm going known.
Speaker 3: Commodity.
Speaker 2: Everyone as much as we talk about how great these guys look in, college everyone's still a. Prospect you just don't.
Speaker 1: Know, well do you, REMEMBER i think we brought this up, before but do you Remember Chris dunn's college stats At?
Speaker 2: Providence christine was a. MONSTER i loved his.
Speaker 1: Offense it was insane his Senior his senior year he averaged sixteen five and six with two and a half. Steel, like college is such a different ball.
Speaker 2: GAME i think they got to the sweet sixteen.
Speaker 3: Too, Yeah so it's like.
Speaker 2: He was. Fun it was fun to, watch and he got.
Speaker 1: Drafted he was a top ten.
Speaker 2: Pick was he sixth or? Eighth?
Speaker 3: Fifth?
Speaker 1: Fifth wolves took him? Fifth if a they.
Speaker 2: Were taking a lot of guards at that, time except, That.
Speaker 1: Yeah IF. A. J deabon says bumped, down do we make the MOVE i don't know if they can make the. Move what bump down to five or bumps down. FIVE i don't like. Trigger adam brought it up, earlier but like no, one he could.
Speaker 2: Have a torn al AND i would take him out.
Speaker 1: Five, like no one's gonna The. Clippers can't trade up unless they're throwing. Again unless it's.
Speaker 4: No there's no trading up for The. Clippers there's no.
Speaker 1: Like unless it's all of their future first round picks available because they have what THREE i still Think i'd like, no But I'm i'm agreeing with, you but like for it to, work like it's not like we're getting a, halt like we're. Not we don't have a bunch of like it have to be all draft, picks.
Speaker 4: Like with this draft being good and like the new draft like lottery. Stuff no, one no one above The clippers is trading. Down, yeah the topic Like i'll eat a.
Speaker 3: Hat or whatever on this, podcast but, LIKE i don't SEE i don't see.
Speaker 4: ANYONE i don't see anyone in the top four trading out of trading to five or.
Speaker 2: Below, well what you could see is somebody Takes boozer and then they get traded and he's got to switch the hats to somebody later like that could happen. Totally Austin rivers was a high school beast.
Speaker 1: TOO i just, SAID i, said he has like the best high school mixtape, ever or like Maybe John wall.
Speaker 2: But draymond on a mixtape.
Speaker 1: Recently, okaya that's actually a great thing to talk. Dude i'm LIKE i AND i understand this to someone who does make content for THE, nba it is the. Worst it's gross right, Now LIKE i hate. That why are they beefing so? Hard you know WHAT i?
Speaker 2: Mean, like what do we Like? Draymond? Ever? RESPOND i do Know austin's two, VIDEOS i don't think and Then austin going on and arguing With Spider man's friend as he called the, kid.
Speaker 1: It's so. Crazy, yes clip it will will eat a, hat will will eat the, hat marking down the hat eating for. Sure well you better help the clippers don't trade, up.
Speaker 3: All, right we'll kind of ill happily eat a hat if they get.
Speaker 2: What if there's like metal used on the sizing part on the back part of the.
Speaker 1: Hat you probably boil, it, Right how would you prepare the?
Speaker 4: Hat i'm not saying it's this.
Speaker 1: Hat it'd have to be a brand new. Hat you're already eating a sweat soaked.
Speaker 4: Hat we'll, see we'll see when the time.
Speaker 1: Comes real freak shit or like a get like a used hat and need? It anything else you want to say before we kind of head. OUT i think we've determined that the. CLIP i think we know exactly The clippers are gonna, draft which Is yoxel linderbergh uh or a cup or woggler or berries or perhaps fleming like it's all on the table until the number four.
Speaker 2: Picments Cal Brown.
Speaker 3: Cail, yeah, interesting.
Speaker 1: Didn't talk About, peterson BUT i don't think he'll be there at. FIVE i like that, NICE i, SAY i really Like.
Speaker 3: Peterson i'd love that For brian, Too.
Speaker 1: Brian, Sea, yeah that'd be. Fun well where can people review the? Show because we are going to put this audio. Out if you missed the live you can find us at YouTube dot Com Sat Clippers. Podcast but if you're listening to, this, well where can people review?
Speaker 2: Us?
Speaker 4: Yeah you can check us out wherever you get your. Podcast you can leave a little rating or review over On spotify Or apple. Podcasts the best way to consume the show if you want to catch these things when we're going, live which usually happens On, friday can happen at any.
Speaker 3: Time something notable is. Happening so YouTube At clippers. Podcast but you.
Speaker 4: Know however you, listen however you watch Y Axel hive twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Six Let's go willis hijacked the, Podcast. Adam one positive thing For clippers fans is we head into thirty some whatever days until the.
Speaker 2: Draft clippers are prettiest, girl the ball or. Whatever, like everybody's going to be interested in dealing with them for the top five. Pick there could be a team that wants to trade. Down maybe there could be a lot of teams that want to trade, up and we'll offer maybe a godfather like offer with The. Clippers they're a great spot right. Now this is fortuitous as it gets, ecliperation what occurred Last. Sunday we don't see. Things this Is haley's. Comment it happened To clippers got some good, fortune, finally.
Speaker 1: Fortuitous rare air to be in The clippers really valuable at least, lately a valuable top five. Pick thank you for hanging out with us on the live. Stream everyone was. Fantastic someone in the chat also made homemade. Guacamole thanks for being on the dip. Train send us your dip, Recipes send us your clippers thoughts at clipperspod On. Twitter you'll find us at YouTube dot com slush at Clippers. Podcast we'll see y'all next, week and as, always let's go. Clips