Speaker 1: Way back Baby season three, and I said it would have last. Hi, I'm George Athas and I'm Nick and welcome to the Quick Hands Regulating Podcast. This is the part tell us what it is.
Speaker 2: It's the Quick Hans Podcast. The bull does used to be good, but that did not last. That's why I, George watched off the pet season now cast and country first year is a corner. We don't walk past Nicks. It have been in shambles since sety six. Dragons haven't done no better. Twenty takes a clinch. Only team that's see success. This path is getting rich. The Broncos keep on taking lots of Tiny's head and this I call up and I'm asking NAUGHTI for some movies. They said that has to sit there for water his defeat Friday night food in these tip it's just to be complete. I'm off the bench when I see walls you running for the team. I ain't playing the NFL. We really makes the league getting tries every day time we're killing never team. I'm super quicking with all these hands, I cast them montd George, Nick TONI after to the stage.
Speaker 1: Please welcome back to the Quick Has Regularague podcast. This is the pod that tools are like. It is season three, episode twenty five. That's one hundred and fifteen episodes. Welcome back, Artie ten. How are you guys?
Speaker 3: Good, good afternoon, good evening everybody. How was your week? What weekend of football?
Speaker 1: It was great? It was great. How are you ten?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Really good, really good. You know I had to, I know, talking about it before you jumped on. But I've really been getting back into football because I'm going to finish scene.
Speaker 1: So that's it for AFL. But yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It's been a pretty good week. The weekend of footy. I felt like I laughed, like waited so long to watch games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be the same this weekend too. Unfortunately, no George tonight because he's not feeling well. So that's the three of us carrying it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's looking he's already depressed. Mat he hasn't finished it, George. I've still got another two more weeks.
Speaker 1: Man, Do you reckon? That's it? Do you reckon? It's because the dogs lost? I doubt it, doubt I'm really kidding. But anyway, so week two of the finals is down and we're down to the nuts and bolts. Ardie, I can't ask George, where's Finals Week two? So I'm gonna ask you.
Speaker 3: It's in the can.
Speaker 1: In the can, it's in the can. Can. Have you got the good thing of the week for us? You know what?
Speaker 3: My good thing of the week was Ala now one performance. I'm wanted it the dogs. His first year he wins the Grand Four, and his second year he knocks his team out that didn't want him. So yeah, and with in style, with three tries. But he just looks like a really happy man and a good footballer. He's a really good player.
Speaker 1: And some sessions of the media were criticizing him for carrying on and it's like the guys just had a killer performance against the club that didn't want him exactly. You know, he's got every right to do that, exactly.
Speaker 4: He's brilliant.
Speaker 1: He was amazing, he was amazing. He's so good.
Speaker 4: I think that that's the great good good thing at the week.
Speaker 3: And the other good thing of the week just the daytime forty just saving all the people. I love daytime footy. Every final series would be just Daytime.
Speaker 1: I missed the three o'clock Grand Final. I miss it. The year two thousand, we haven't had.
Speaker 3: It It just looks so good, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's nothing like that, that sunny afternoon grand final thing. You know, the night games is a less different. It is, it is, and that's a good thing. But what's in Niko has been this week. Well, your good thing leads into my bad things. So my bid thing is Cameron Surrealdo. I feel good, geez. I mean, what a car crash that was from they. This is the team that halfway through the season was coming first out of the best defense in the league. They can send forty two tackles in the first half, sorry, forty two missed tackles in the first half. And and the reason, the reason that it might bin is because apparently they're the only arms that don't realize it. You know, talking about how good Ala money was you had And I brought this up last week. Bat Burton playing in the centers for the first time this year. A new halves combination, A brand new halves combination. It's never been tested before in a sudden death match. But when Phil Good was asked about it, this is his response, verbatim. It suits the media narrative to describe it the way you did. Just then, None, none of that was in our four walls. None of it was anywhere from our players or coaches. This is, by the way Paul Gallan asking him about about this, you know, collapse. We're delighted to have Gavin on our books. We didn't know it was going to happen at the time, but we made a decision that we wanted him in the club. Now it's led to this media barrage, and a lot of it has been childish and extremely unfair. But as I say to the boys, welcome to the Bulldogs. We get that stuff all the time. That's part of being in our jersey, playing the victim again, right, This boy was outstanding yesterday in a badly beaten side. I thought he really shared his class and he's a real player of the future. He set up and scored one try. I didn't see much else. He was heavily targeted in defense. So so yeah, I don't know. I mean, I mean, we'll get into when we cover the game anyway. But we'll talk more about that when we cover the game. But in terms of controversy corner, there's not that much to talk about. The roosters. You know whose name I can't pronounce, Mark apparently has informed the club that after next season he's going back to rugby union. So that's a loss for the game.
Speaker 3: That's a huge loss. After the season he's had, oh coeol gutted with the Roosters, you know, like they've brought this guy on, he's had an outstanding year. They can build a team around him, like he's part of their future, and then a year later he's going to go.
Speaker 1: I'd go little bit further. I'm a little angry at lenders in the NRL who've probably made him feel I wanted, you know, true, they've had they've.
Speaker 4: Had a bit of disruption, I guess with their oh and I guess controversy corner. You can talk about how what's his name the guy that's got done for texting Brandon Smith about yeah, like he because everyone's blowing up about it that he got, you know, fine, and then he's gotten he's suspended for ten games. And because people don't read be on the headline. Obviously the NRL suspended ma'am. His club has suspended him. But I feel like the Roosters might be a little bit disturbed next year, like the first part of the season, because if he's out for ten games Mirkey muck Stain next year obviously, but they've got a few kind of different different movements in that team. Something that we talked about more probably earlier Lush, which we can talk about next time. But the signings and how the clubs of you know, who's coming to which club? I think last year it was pretty while because you had so many people leaving Penrith as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe we can do that any of our season wrap in the last yeah for sure. I mean some of them, yes, some of them turned out really good, some of them not so good.
Speaker 4: What are your thoughts on that? What happened to Radley?
Speaker 1: They're just idiots, you know. I mean, like George says, whatever you want to do in your spare time, do it. You know, as a professional first grader, I wouldn't risk being drug tested randomly, you know. I wouldn't risk I wouldn't risk doing it certainly during the season. And there's nothing to well, they say, there's nothing to suggest that it was even for him. But I've been around long enough to know what it looks like when someone orders an eight ball. I can tell you that, So say cut the bullshit, seriously, you know when when when Brandon Smith, he's a repeat offender. You know, he did this back at Melbourne when when he was caught with Cameron Munster and a couple other guys in the hotel room, and the NRL's point of view at that point was we can't test them because it's the off season now, because it happened like two days after they got eliminated or whatever. Whatever it is, just it just proves not so much Victor Rady, but Brandon Smith is an absolute moron and these guys, honestly, I mean, I wouldn't sign them. I wouldn't. I wouldn't have him. And Wayne Bennett took him and then this blew up in his lap so he's forced to defend him. But I'm sure, I'm sure he's having second thoughts about it, but there's not much he can do now. Last year, Yeah, they're just but I don't I'm not criticizing any of them for doing it. Just be smarter. It's like when people get filmed doing something like they're idiots. You know, if you're going to do something, you know, phones in the bedroom, if you're in a hotel or whatever, like they're just they're just idiots.
Speaker 4: So I find it funny that people hold people to such a high step, like, you know, obviously they're players, are professional players. Like even Corey was like, look, obviously at the professional level and you know the players that they really need to set this example. But if you go to any stadium where my kids are sitting, the fans are feral, and I know they're not on them, but it's kind of like, don't sit there and be.
Speaker 1: My take on that is I don't necessarily agree that players need to be like role models in they do when they're on stage, but what they do in their spare time is no one's business, and like this is no one's business. It's become public news. All I'm saying is the guy's an idiot because he's been caught out before and he's and he's dumb enough to use a work issued device to do drug deals. It's just stupidity.
Speaker 4: Is there anything around where Radily will go because.
Speaker 1: Apparently his manager I'd take him, Yeah, well.
Speaker 4: Like the phoners ringing off the hook.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd take him. I'd take him, but yeah, I don't know. I mean, see there, there, there you go again. So it's this goes back to you guys may remember Canberra a few years back, ten years or whatever. I had some had some awesome players on their books, like Blake Ferguson and Odd Carney, and there's one or two others that actually can't remember Josh Dugan if I remember correctly, all of these guys wanted out of their contract. Now I know this is not the same, but all you had to do was go out and do something stupid, you'd get you'd get fired, and another club would sign you. So this is out of victor around his hands because he didn't instigate this or whatever. But if the club, if the club moves to terminate him because they feel that's the right thing to do, they're just gifting another club. He's just getting it. So it's not it's not a situation with the NRL. You know, terminates the con for a two year period or whatever. He's going to be free to go somewhere else. So do do everyone else a favorite sack him? You're just strengthen someone else.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What obsessed me about this whole thing is I feel it's been he's been unfairly treated. This only came out because Brandon Smith went to court and they released his text messages. He really didn't do anything. He was only part of a text message. Just anything that he's guilty of. You know, we've had guys like Ryce Walsh got caught with a bay, we had the Monster. We had Brandon Ages ago.
Speaker 1: He asked he asked Brandon Smith to get him at April.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know he did, but that text message came out. But all these other guys, we had Braidon Trindle, Braiden Trindle last year got caught with cocaine and alcohol in his system. We had what's his name, the other guy that you guys car Yeah, they got one or two weeks.
Speaker 1: See, it's the same situation that I just described. Canterbury's hand was forced. Yeah, they had to sack him. Some people in some sessions of the media saying he's had his best season ever this year. Yeah, so they they weakened themselves, they strengthened out. I'll tell you what. They could have used him on Sunday.
Speaker 3: They could have the Bulldogs, but those Soky was still get to get rid of him anyway. They needed to through the money so they can buy others. So it was sort of worked in their favor. They get rid of it because it was not like eight seven hundred or eight hundred or something. It was on good money.
Speaker 1: So they did it work out in their favor. Well, they brought in some play on it.
Speaker 3: They brought in Galvin Theger, but.
Speaker 1: They had that workout. But yeah, just yea, yeah, I know, I know, I know. It's something that none of us should know about to be fair and and and if this stuff is released in court, then it shouldn't be released publicly.
Speaker 3: Exactly, did it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 1: My only my only point is that Brandon Smith is an absolutely more on Yeah, and yeah I wouldn't I wouldn't go anywhere near him, but that's just me and his performances are unwarranted anyway. So yeah, it's just looked that good.
Speaker 3: And they said, Nick Polatus, you know he's not going hard, but well were interested why he wanted to get rid of Brandon Smith like he was a big signing for Snick Polite. It's like they were chasing him harder that only got him and to get rid of him after he thinks something's going funny around.
Speaker 1: He performed and was injury ridden as well, but there must have.
Speaker 3: Been he must have knew about that as well, so maybe let's get rid of this guy. He's a bad influence. Obviously he was exactly That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like he's like he likes to play himself up as Alaric and he's not Alarican. He's an idiot. Yeah, big difference, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Funny like if you even if you are on the outskirts of footy players, whether they're footy players, plays or players whatever, for all of them to just be completely shocked, like every again it's not about business. But also don't sit there in your laurels.
Speaker 1: And pretend you know that you know how many rugby league players are doing it exactly right usually with the randing testing that they're informed on the day, Yeah, and they just they'll be sent to the weight room or something. They won't they won't be in the change room around on the paddic when this is all handled internally by every club by the way, right, So so a player at training will say, you know what, today you're doing gym work or something. They won't be there on site when the test is. It's more common than you think. And it all started with Andrew Johns as well. It's true, right, It's true because he was never because when he came out and publicly admitted that he was he was doing recreational drugs throughout his whole career, then the league was made to look foolish. You do random testing, How was this never picked up? You know, it's because he was always informed when someone was coming. It's funny and sorry no, it's also one of my arguments against why he's an immortal. Not because he was doing drugs. I don't hold that against him, but because the guy admitted to taking a value on game day to came his nerves. Well, if you have to do that, maybe you're not as good as you think, because the best players then they had to handle the pressure without taking tablets. You know. So just my take on it.
Speaker 4: Funny years ago, and I don't know if you know, Da r in a field mining service business with my ex and we had it for like seven years. So it's basically although like his's diesel fitters, supervisors in utes working for the mines. So they had our utes. We bought fleet and stuff, and we do random like drug testing of course, and we were pretty strict to our guys, but the guys actually worked for the client. Like the stories that you heard like they you know, would buy fake penises, fake because they watched them. So you've got to watch them as they do it, and then like fake we.
Speaker 1: As well, or like yeah, you've got to go into you've got to go to a toilet cubicle. And so they were just like have this. You know, it used to work. So me and Andy when we used to do form work, we did it for a couple of our colleagues on site who were testing. Once we'd go and pissing into a jar for them into into a bottle and they'd hand it in and be clean because they weren't clean while they're on But this is our construction sites, right while we're on probation and stuff. You know, they have weekly Back then in the nineties, they would have to just bring the bottle to the to the probation to the probation officer, whereas nowadays, if you get drug tested for a job, someone literally stands outside the cubicle. Yeah, but there's ways of you know, it gets measured by its warmth and all that to make sure it's yea.
Speaker 4: And so they would have these bladders and then there's a bladder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can actually you can actually get someone to do it for you, and five minutes later into a bladder, and five minutes later, just carry that bladder in your pocket into the cubicle and then and then pull that into the bottle. There's a million ways.
Speaker 4: These guys are not operating eight million dollar machinery that can potentially kill people in the mindset. But also just wait until like the end of the season or when you don't meet Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like I said, I don't hold it against them. I just think you'd have to be done to get caught in this day and age, with everything everything so under the microscope, you'd have to be an idiot to get caught more than once. And obviously Brandon Smith has any is you know, I keep going back to it, but it's it's never going to leave. It's part of it. You know, Well, what's real?
Speaker 3: Are they going to suspend Brandon Smith? Really like that? What's the story there?
Speaker 1: Are they just waiting for the court case to go They're waiting for the court they said, they said that they're waiting for the court case to conclude before they before they decide whether or they'll take any action. At the moment, there's nothing they can really suspend him for like, no one's been at the end of the day, no one's been tested for anything. It's it comes down to a joking text. Really everyone knows what it was, but there's no physical evidence to prove that anything actually happened exactly, So it just smeths his name. Other than that, I don't think anything will come of it. You know, the actions of Victor Radley. You know, it's like, if I was Victor Radley, I'd actually hire a lawyer and go against my club and say, where is the evidence that I've done anything wrong? Why am I being fined fifty zerosand dollars or whatever? It is, suspended for ten matches based on what have I done wrong? What can you prove it I've done wrong? In a court of law, you can't prove shit. So rather than you suspending me, I'm finding a lawsuit against you. That's how I rote. Yeah, and I'd end up leaving them, not the other way around. Yeah though, even though we all know what he did, but you know it was like twelve months ago.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it's just I didn't realize Brandon Smith was at the Southport So Nicko, it's like literally, I think we took you near there. It's like twenty minutes from my place to Southport. I don't realize who right. Apparently all these rap fans were outside the court.
Speaker 3: The last I heard about with Victor Radley is that he's going to state the Roosters. He's going to serve out the ten works and continue any other option will have his super League. I don't think he wants to play against the Roosters.
Speaker 1: I read yesterday that I read yesterday the club has informed his management his freedom negotiate with.
Speaker 3: Yes, they're not pushing him out, but no they're not. Yeah, they've told him that, but yeah, he doesn't want to leave. He prefer to stay there if not super League.
Speaker 4: So silly, he's like twenty seven.
Speaker 1: The only other thing is and tenuously laugh when I say this, and we'll go through the games obviously. Next Ricky Stewart's press conference one minute forty four seconds. One minute forty four seconds. Yeah, you know, it's part of the gig. You know, you're a professional. Do it, do it right, go out the right way. But I can understand he was understandably hurting. But I don't know. Let's come into the games. What do you guys, reckon?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just one other bit of interesting news. I just remember that came out last week. Jack Debillin, you know the guy that the police officer that I put in the fake claim the fake evidence wasn't he wasn't he charged. He's been charged. He got probation, he didn't get prison sentence, but he's on community service. Yeah, he got he got charged, So he.
Speaker 1: Got the villain lost lost two years of his prime and representative money and all the rest of it. He's got a police officer that lied, understands.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and he's only going to get a twelve months community service or something like that.
Speaker 1: How how Like I understand the fact that he's a police officer, but I can't think of an nomino expert. I can't think of a time in history where a perjury charged didn't result in something more serious than community service exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how he explained that he should have saved ja jail time for sure.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the ethical benchmark is higher for a police officer, yeah, and it is for civilians.
Speaker 3: So well, maybe Jack de Billin can file case defamation cases now or whatever. He's done because he's ruined his career, like he's pretty dragged his name through the mud, what he put him through. I'm sure he can swing him for substantial amount of money.
Speaker 1: Malicious prosecution is a good place to start there, you go. Yeah, but yeah, no, that's the It's ridiculous, isn't it. But yeah, anyway, let's let's move into the the finals, the games. So the Raiders after that heartbreaking loss at home again, they just looked flat, looked they lost Ethan. He's just strange, smiling too much. Nick, Nah, Yeah what I laugh at Ricky Stewart. That's where it starts and ends. I don't dislike Canberra. In fact, I have always loved the camera team in the late eighties and early nineties and he was part of that. You know, as a player, I loved him as a coach. He drives me nuts.
Speaker 4: You know that Ethan strange thing because I think you and I were chatting Nick on Saturday. It just I think first I thought it was men for and then apparently.
Speaker 1: He was really sect he was really sick.
Speaker 4: But god, that's so unlucky.
Speaker 1: It's huge. Like I thought, I thought to myself, imagine if Paramatta was playing today and I wake up to read that Moses is out like it's huge, huge loss. You can you can't really underestimate it, and it's unfortunate, but they just overall looked flat. I mean it's understandable why against Brisbane they thought they had the game one a couple of times. To lose the way they did it was just heartbreaking. So they're a young side, you know, they don't have the experience. He's done an amazing job with him this year. Yeah, I reckon he should be Coach of the Year. If not, if not for Ivan Cleary that we can chat about later, but I just think what he's done yeah uh, I mean, we'll just touch on it on it now quickly. This guy took a team that was a dead last halfway through the season to lift them up and bring them back where they are now is a huge thing. I mean I didn't give them a chance in hell back then. But yeah, so, I mean for the for the Raiders, it was always an uphill battle, even though it was at home. And the Sharks look good. The Sharks look really good. They should they should back off on all the you know everyone's against us mentality. I mean, it's the first time you guys have won two finals games in a rown in ten years, so they get too excited, you know, but they they they all played really well. They and and Cambra started stronger. That's the thing. Can we're on the back foot and behind early, and Cambra started stronger. But it was a bit like the first Mister T fight and Rocky one three Rocky three. Rocky came out firing and then you were builded. That's that's what happened.
Speaker 4: Camera and Dogs are dissimilar, like their players are quite predictable though, and you're so right neck like in the before this game, I was like, the Raiders a younger team, you know, with the ships. They've got more history I am, and like I think that they played, like I really like Ronaldo Multado, Like I think he's a really good player. I was like reading up afterwards and I was watching like the interviews and stuff, and he he actually said something that that was quite good.
Speaker 1: He was like, you know.
Speaker 4: When you kind of go out there, he's talking about sledging, and he's like, I have a lot of words that I want to say all the time with sledging and things like that, but he's like, you shouldn't play if you can't handle what said to you out there, and I thought that was good like, and that obviously comes with maturity to like. I wouldn't say that Sharks are one of my favorite teams, but they were. They were really good like they're probably the best of really good, very conditioned from what I've seen. I actually messaged a message Greg Bird because he loves the Raiders but obviously played for the Sharks, and I was like, do you feel torn, queen?
Speaker 1: Who to go for?
Speaker 4: And he was like yes, and I was like, well, they so, but but I think, you know, like I never liked the Sharks because of Gallant back the day, but having you know, looking at.
Speaker 1: How are you on the sledging, I've never been a fan.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not a fan of it, mate, But in terms of the game, I think the eighth and strange loss was huge for Camber because a lot goes through him. He's massive, and the replacement I was very surprised with sisagive. This guy a first time I've seen him playing the half, so that was a massive.
Speaker 1: Risk for Stuart.
Speaker 3: And I've been Fitzy's biggest critic, but ever since that Bulldog's game, they've been They weren't tipped to win last week against the Roosters, everyone thoughts were doing. Everyone tipped Cambra to beat them. So FITZI has done at an amazing job. The Sharks played perfect that day, that second half. They don't make many errors. They just played go through the motions. The defense has been in a strange The defense has been amazing and they just wait for the right opportunities to attack. Heines is playing fantastic, sweeping their left and right. Brandon Trindle he chips in every now and then, but they're just playing. They've just hit their straps really well and they have gone. Like Nicora's sitting on the bench. He brought him in the second half, like Fitz is using his bench more effectively. He's got the Teleaquoi to argue whatever is Teleo. I think his name coming on as well. He's using his bench more effectively. He's just he's really matured as a coach and he's a big chance of making the Grand Final. I wouldn't be surprised I beat Melbourne. That's how good he's got him playing. That's the right word, because I think they've matured as a team. They have especially this season. Yeah, absolutely, and that's.
Speaker 4: Bitsy it is, and obviously he's more in the centers. But I hadn't seen him for quite some time. But the games, like he's what done I think seven or eight tries is here, Like he's on a bad player, but I think it was. I probably would have shuffled around Ricky probably didn't have the time as well.
Speaker 1: But yeah, be the same day, Yeah, massive loss, like he had.
Speaker 3: He had the paramatic guy Ethan Sands Sanders or whatever his name is parent Matta.
Speaker 1: I don't know if if he wasn't on the team sheet, he couldn't be selected.
Speaker 3: Oh there you go, because he's used him through the year.
Speaker 1: It was the same day, so it would have been the nineteen or eighteen or whatever it was that he had on the extent. I don't know if he was an extended bench or not. I mean he put him in a real spot, you know, you know, same day, same day, crucial.
Speaker 3: Position, very crucial position. Jamunt Fogget is copping a little bit the same thing, you know, like he sort of let them down with it, but he tried.
Speaker 1: Probably let them down the week before the week.
Speaker 3: Before he did. Yeah, but yeah, I don't know the Sharks just played the perfect game.
Speaker 1: They did.
Speaker 3: They just did. You've got to give credit that the Sharks are amazing.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and to be and to be fair to Mickey Stewart as well. In the in the minute and a half that he did his press conference, he was asked about and about you know that sty and he goes, look, I'm not going to blame that he goes by a better team, you know. And yeah, I sent I sent Tendor a short clip. I can't not lie. I just love watching Micky Stuart when he's angry. I can'tnot laugh. I can't think.
Speaker 4: I think if a team, I think we're talked about this last week or the week before, but if a team can't adapt, you know what I mean. Like you've seen the Eels, You've seen Broncos, you've seen Pantas. All these teams have heard that. Like our captain's been out like more weeks, and when he is in, he's like so strapped up that I kind of wonder if he's going to fall part way he's out there, But you have to be able to adap. It can't all hinge on one player.
Speaker 1: We're to learn that, Like without Moses, we're a different team. But in the last couple of weeks before his return, the team started to straighten up with wats his name from sales that we got so Hawkins, Yeah, Dean Hawkins. So it's you know, I mean, no one can afford to lose their market players. Obviously I did it.
Speaker 4: I did so last week that I thought the might win only because I was still really annoyed it raiders, because I was like, anything can happen in this time of the year, but I realized it would be Ethan Strange sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but look over all, they had a wonderful season. You know, to me, and most people listening to this problem probably won't understand it, But to me, the Minor Premiership is the best team of the season because in every other competition around the world, most most especially in Europe, that's how champions are determined. Yeah, because that's the best team. I love the Grand Final format because exciting Camp Camp by far and away with the best team this season, and they're just going to get better because they're so young. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the only thing is with that, Nick, you can't not everyone plays each other twice, you know what I mean. I'd rather everyone play each other twice and have no final series than have a final series and play a rubbish.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, whoever's on the top of the end of the regular season. That's right, You're right. Some of the way the draw is done. Crazy.
Speaker 4: We were researching this on the weekend because Corey is like, I don't understand how your teams get picked, and I was like, well, we never play the same team twice, and obviously even prior to it being seventeen teams last year or like sorry both before the Dolphins, it was still selected and we were reading about it and I was like, well, basically it's driven by the NRL, the media, the time slade.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's a computer generated computer which for some reason over the last ten years, over the last few years have given excuse me, Carna the softest draw. Not this season and the Broncos playing every Friday, but for the last ten years gives them a nice systemic preparation week in, week out, and team gets.
Speaker 3: That's scheduling. That's scheduling, that's the draw.
Speaker 1: That's the draw.
Speaker 4: When you have Broncos is a publicly listed company, which means that you can access documents that are from meetings and things like that, and obviously clubs too, when they do their agms or whatever. You can access information like that. It's not hard to look. Buts like that's nuts, and I'm like, well, and I said, it sucks though, because you know, if you had more you know, plays happening at the Shark Stadium, which you know obviously isn't great, but they would have more reason and more money to actually drop the stadium and make it. And then I didn't realize, which is probably why that Broncos get so much hate. But our first nine games are at home or were at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is what this is what does my head in, right, because the NRL's defense when it comes to things like the draw is it's it's computer generated. It's totally and I get no, no, that's that's all fine, right, this is what it is. Now. What I don't understand is it. In any good organization, you run through that process, you come out with it this and you look at it and it's always analyzed and reported on pre season. You know, which team has the shortest most turnarounds, which team has the whatever, which team has you know, the most away games, whatever, which team is playing the most teams from the top eight or whatever. That's the point where you sit down and you review it, and then as a group around around a table in the boardroom, you reformat it to balance it out. You don't just sit on what something's spat out and go, well, it is what it is. None of the business as big as this, you know what I mean. You get the powers that be to sit down, review it, analyze it as people and balance it out and change things around, move things around and make it as even as possible. It wouldn't be too hard to do.
Speaker 4: I barely saw Dolphins playing at home their home and some call. But it's like I remember when I worked, when I did the voluntary stuff for the community NRL club up here, and they were saying that what you do the minute the draw comes out, every single president is on the phone fighting to have their guys play on a Saturday and change the draw around. And the reasons they use were like, we say that half our team players are Mormon and they can't play on a Sunday. Like it was wild, and I was like, this is crazy. I don't think it would go to that extent, but I you know, for people like you know, the media and stuff to have a lot of influence, like you know, Friday night's a really big night for sun Corp. Like they had. It's very obvious.
Speaker 1: You know, it wouldn't be hard to balance it. You know, if someone's religious beliefs means they can't play on a Sunday, then as would be unlucky. That's a you problem.
Speaker 4: There was no there were not many religious people. They were just saying that.
Speaker 1: So they already started that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the computer generates who plays food, but the actual days they play, that's stumbley. The NRL and the media and the broadcast rights. I think the broadcast is because they used to do it in the past where every seven game that it's the schedule, they'd had the draw in front of them, but every seven weeks they change it. In case a team's combat, they would put them on Friday night.
Speaker 1: The thing is already it's done based off and this year had a lot of Sunday games. Historically we have a lot of Saturday night games, Saturday games. It's it's based it's based on TV ratings. It is. But here's my here's my thing. If every if every year, you make decisions based on TV ratings. Then the teams who are missing out on these time slots because they don't have good ratings aren't getting a chance to get those ratings because they're never playing on Saturday night.
Speaker 3: Or sponsorships and the sponsorships too. That's what the third parties were with the other big tim Broncos have got all the third parties because they got all the Friday night games, one time locations, time slots and everyone doesn't.
Speaker 1: It raises questions like why do the referees get a tip sheet before a game? Because you know, if you point out something about someone, then someone's gonna be more inclined to look at that. They're supposed to be impartial. They don't need a tip sheet. They're supposed to officiate what happens in front of them on the field, you know. But yeah, but yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it's a shame and you know, and I'm saying very obviously for Champions League, you can't have Liverpool traveling from there, and then then he's like, well, of course, like they make appropriate changes, like you're not going.
Speaker 1: To because no, Napoli had to go play man City in England, but they don't have to come to Naples to play. Yeah. Yeah, it's a lot harder for us it is for them. You know.
Speaker 4: I feel like NRL is a bit more. It's very obviously, you know, skewed. It's very obvious. And because I have seen it from the other side too, I'm like, oh, and I just you know, I guess that's why I probably for clubs like the Dolphins or the Dragons or the Knights, like it's you can see the disparity like between the popular clubs.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the day, none of that affected this game. No, at the end of the day, Crenella or just.
Speaker 3: Too they were to them, it was and they deserve to be where they are and they've got a very good chance of making the Grand Final.
Speaker 1: I do. I don't know. I'm not I'm not, like you know, three months ago, Melbourne was my tip. But and they've been really unconvincing and they've had a lot of injury and stuff. I don't know if he is playing or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been named, he's been today.
Speaker 1: Pappenhausen's Back's back at them. Solomon. It won't be so yeah, I don't know, I mean, I mean, it won't be easy going down to Melbourne, but it wasn't easy going down to Camber either. Yeah, and it wasn't and it wasn't easy going to the Rooster's Hand ground either.
Speaker 3: So it was that Shark Park where they won. The first one was Apolo. Remember it was blowing up because it was only.
Speaker 1: Like there waste that's right, Yeah, but yeah, exactly right now I've seen more people at Edwards Park.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you're right. They went to a shark camera the other week, so Melbourne's just another ground. Like what Patrick grass? What did you say, Jack Gibson. It's just a patch of grass, That's it.
Speaker 1: But I mean, good on them, and like the Raiders, they've they've got nothing to be ashamed about that they so well. My mate cost Con, he's a he's a camera fanatic and and you know, speaking to him, he's he's obviously with the loss, but he's he's ecstatic with how this season went, so should be. Yeah, yeah, because I mean I tipped him to finished bottom four at the start of the year. I did not see I did not see this coming the way. You know. It's it's a shame that they went out on straight sets, But when you can when you compare them to Canterbury, Uh, just look at the personnel. I mean, I mean for Canterbury's a failure. For Camera, it's not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, they're a young team Camera and they're just going to get better. I think next year they're going to be even better. But the last team that came first and got out in two sets with Saint George in two thousand and nine, but the following year ended up winning the Grand Final. So hopefully Cameron, what're they from it? And they come back next year bigger and stronger and and have a barnstorming semi final series. I think Saintany considered four tries in the whole final series, So happen to Camera can do the same. And and when the comp next year gathered.
Speaker 1: I remember that. I remember that well. I was there, Yeah, in two thousand and nine exactly, and it.
Speaker 3: Is the week before and then he's better in the semi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and then I was at the Grand Final too when we got beaten by a team that got stripped to the title. But let's not go there. Yeah, let's not go there. So the next game Bulldogs, Wow, wow, forty six to twenty six does not tell the story. Big, big crowd at home Bush technically a Bulldog's home game, But.
Speaker 3: What do you mean doesn't tell the story? In what way? Do you think? It was a bit too I.
Speaker 1: First thought it made the Dogs look too good. Should have been forty six six again Bulldogs home ground. But let's not forget Panthers have won four Grand finals there in the last four years, so I'm sure they're feeling very comfortable there as well. Yeah, the Dogs were horrendous, Pani were awesome. Let's not ye, I mean, where do we start.
Speaker 3: I mean, they lost Crichton, right, that's a big glass, but they replaced him with Burton and Cherry. It's as if they had week centers. They had Cherry and Burton were pretty good centers.
Speaker 4: He hasn't done much for the last you know, I just this, This was an absolute spanking though there was almost two hot tricks.
Speaker 1: Just allowed like that. They just Yeah, it's one thing to say they had Burton, but he hasn't played there all exactly, you know, like changing making all the changes that Sialde did. You gotta think about how impacts of the defense and not just attack. I understand he's trying to improve the attack because that wasn't great, but he did it at the price of weakening their defense. I mean, I mean, let's be honest, right the way that the way that the Bulldogs shit the bed and had the colossal collapse from being the best team halfway through the comp It's the biggest midseason choke I've ever seen. And the worst part is that everyone from the fans, to the media to to us, everyone called it while it was happening. The only ones who didn't see the car crash coming were Phil Golden, Cameron Currad. I mean, every everyone, everyone called it. You know, of all the mistakes that that this guy made from from the minute they signed Galvin, everything went south. They told and we said it at the time on this podcast. They they told their half back he wasn't good enough. By the way, this is the team that's sitting first in first place. I told the half back, you're not good enough and by the way, we don't want you next year. And this is a guy who the new signing, an eighteen year old kid, came onto the field and told the half back, how you're going to hooker, who then went to the went to the incumbent hooker and said, how you're going to the bench right then they told then they told the hooker who's been there for the last three years, Oh, by the way, you're going to we don't want you next year. They made all these changes that never worked and don't play on the wed and then and then, and then for feel Good to come out and say, oh, you know Galvin's never played half back before, Well, then why the fuck would you put him in? Now, you know what I mean? Like seriously, I mean, let's talk about feel Good for a second, because we don't have good years. But there's an interesting stat about No, no, he is right, but you know, but there's an interesting stat about him. As good as he is at building up clubs, a club has not won a premiership that he's been at since two thousand and two with Ricky Stewart and that was his Stewart's first year as a coach. So I think that says something, does you know.
Speaker 3: He builds clubs with corporate sponsorships and systems and stuff. He does that well. But yeah, he shouldn't get involved in the coaches, you know, just let the coaches.
Speaker 4: Do what they do and should get involved in what the coaches are doing and also just pick a career, like do you want to be in media?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I think I think the ball and the best party's cameras are though in the press conference saying I wouldn't change a thing. Yeah, this is a team that they lost six out of their last seven or seven out of their last eight, something like that, and the only win was against the penwith reserve grade team who rested sixteen players that day.
Speaker 4: I'm so happy about that too.
Speaker 1: So what I mean, I've not seen a choke like this ever before.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Look, Nick, if you look at the I think Brett red even brought it up to if you look at the Bulldogs for sixteen rounds, they didn't play any top eight. They didn't. They played one or two hard games. All the rest was they played Titans twice, South twice and George twice.
Speaker 1: Like it was pretty They had a couple of floggings in that period too. Yeah, yeah, Broncos is one. But you can only play who's in front of.
Speaker 3: You exactly exactly, So, mambe, it was a false pretense seeing them at the top of the ladder, even though they didn't really put anyone strong, but once they started playing the strong teams they got found out.
Speaker 1: But it also coincided with the new changes. It did. It did because you have to and look, we've played team sports, yeah, even though we played at hacker level. Right. Yeah. If if someone in the team is popular and they're asked, it pisses off the rest of the group mostly so it does have a knock on effect exactly that when when when you got popular players in the team being told see it later, Yeah, it can't have a knock on and it did in this is for sure.
Speaker 3: It's done because it looks like he had the system in place that was working so well, and just when they got to the hard games, he changed it.
Speaker 1: I reckon, I reckon, they'll be fine next year. I reckon, I'll be top four. I have a set Yeah, I reckon, I have a settled side. I reckon Gavin will be at six, and I reckon Burn's on the other. I don't think, I don't think. I don't think he would be. He went there to play six and he was pushed out to the centers by a nineteen year old kid. Pretty similar thing happened at the Tigers. Jerome lull I went there to play seven, ended up being pushed out by a rookie and moved moved back to number six to accommodate a rookie number seven. It's what's happened here at the Bulldogs. And in both cases it flopped. And the fans, you know, I live ten years, been here, you know where I live.
Speaker 4: And he was talking about them.
Speaker 1: Last night, sorry, not last night, Sunday and Sunday night we were standing outside and watching all the Bulldogs fans walking crossing the road from the stadium back to the station, and I can tell you now they were not happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they're mentioning Luckie with it, like roughly. Was there a lot of that going on where they're blaming the changes or was it just.
Speaker 1: I mean I only spoke to a few of them. Chance, I was standing out there with it with a Scotch on the rocks.
Speaker 4: From behind them.
Speaker 1: I wasn't heckling anyone. I was just yeah, I have my Oels jacket on, you know, And so a couple of them were just we're just chanting. I mean, I literally live across the road from the station next to the stadium. So but the ones that I spoke to I mean, and if you asked George. I haven't spoken to George since last week, but if you asked George, I think he'll hear this. I reckon he'll tell you the same thing. It's just if it ain't broke, don't fix it. And and that Cameron Serreldo made a huge mistake this season, huge and he'd better learned from it or he's gonna he's gonna go Dwan Hill fast.
Speaker 3: Who's going to get the blame?
Speaker 1: Nick?
Speaker 3: Do you think Gold or Sireldo?
Speaker 1: I think I think I think Saldo will wear it because Gus will hide behind the curtain because when when it suits Gus, he comes out and takes ownership when things go well, When things get stupid, he tends to hide. He's tried to propect serraldda boat by saying what he did on Monday Night. They really didn't have a choice because he was on live television. It's actually not life, but he was on he was on TV, so he had to answer for it. I get, I kind of get the feeling Sireldo is better than what we're seeing. I don't necessarily know that he's making all the final decisions. I think. I think Gus heavily weighs in. I mean every time you see a third or I feel good, Patty like you you're a general manager team.
Speaker 4: You look at Benji as well, like all that crap. You look at des like if I feel like people in management should stay in management. If Gus gets sponsors and everything, that's your job. If you want to come and coach, you apply.
Speaker 1: For the coaching everything. The rookie mistakes that that we have to say Surroundo because he's the head coach. Everything that I said before. And this game a sudden death finals match, your debuting and your halves combination for the first time, and you have put and and they were targeted defensively. Galvin was targeted right there. Example talks about how much of a great game he had why because he put on one try. He was targeted defense heavily. And Matt Burton's kicking game was non existent because he was out in the centers.
Speaker 3: You know, so exactly the weak one part to accommodate Lachland Galvin. Did you see Lockland Galvin's kicks? There's no kicking that There's one Passworady through it and went out rookie.
Speaker 1: Rookie mistakes, Like, I mean, Cameron surrounded, he was coming first, he was behind the wheel, coming first, and then he got two flat tires. Like it's just it's it's ridiculous. If you look, sorry, no, if.
Speaker 4: You look at the teams that have that are relatively strong on that up, their coaches don't take ship, you know what I mean, like like their old school coaches, Like I think there's could have been that better.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Just a great, great example is Jason Rowles, a paramotter, Like, yeah, halfway through the season, I was I was nervous. At the end of the season, I'm really happy he took the job on the provisor that I'm in charge, I've got the reins and do it my way. The first thing he did was get rid of the captain. It was super popular, right, and everyone at the start of the season was saying, I mean, it's good for the Dragons. Everyone at the start of the season was saying, Oh, that's bad, that's bad. Look how it turned out. Young he's gonna be a superstar. But he cleaned out the rust that was ten or twelve players throughout the season because he had he had the power to do that. He didn't have a feel good saying yes or no whatever. You know, he goes, I'll live and die by my choices, my decisions, and and this is what I want to do. And as a coach, I think that's that's that's the rain that you need.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: I think if you well, okay, if you think about this way, match makes this all makes all his decisions bell me. You know Ivan Cleary, how like I couldn't tell you any of the other gems besides Frank Pinisi for the storm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we all know who gusses, so don't forget gets Gus is the same man who fired Ivan Cleary from pen right and then tried to block his return. Then clear he came back and won four comps in a row.
Speaker 3: How do you how that Good left?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good got moved on and they won four. This is their fifth Grand Final.
Speaker 1: In a row.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it will be their six.
Speaker 1: They've already been in five, but this.
Speaker 3: Position they're playing now for playing for the Grand Final is a sixth time or.
Speaker 4: It's our first win.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's going to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, man Seraldo. Maybe once Gus if he can run into the team the way he wants. We might see a different Solder, but at the moment you can see the gusses in his ear and.
Speaker 1: You can make an argument for the Bulldogs. But after coming out and getting absolutely blown away.
Speaker 3: And they can't take an argument. They extended him to until twenty thirty one, both of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, I mean, I mean, yeah, I don't know how you can there's no way to justify all of that, any of that. Yeah, yeah, it's just and that's you know, and we should be talking more about the game. But the reality is that the game him.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's just one way traffic.
Speaker 1: It turned out the way it did. I mean, I mean, Penrith were amazing, clearly was amazing to large was they were all fantastic, But Canterbury made it so easy for them, you know, because the defensive reads. You've got players, Yeah, a quarter of the team defending positions they haven't played in this year. Yeah again, say my favorite line, how did that work out for you? You know, it's just ridiculous, that's ridiculous. Or to accommodate Galvin, all this happened. To accommodate Galvin and and the hooker who you know, they told Red Money to leave, even though halfway through the season, Bill Goil denied that on his own podcast, and then a few weeks later Money was gone, which personally I take great satisfaction from because I was. I was so pissed off when he left the Eels. So it's great to see move on and fail happy about that. But all of this, you know, Batty Haywood, he missed fifteen tackles last week, So just it's just a compilation of rookie errors by the coach. And I want to say feel good, but we can't prove that. But it's just a car it's a car crash from one of the feel good stories of the season. Yeah, if I was a Bulldogs fan, I'd really be pissed off.
Speaker 3: And if you look at if you look at the Warriors last week, sorry sorry, If you look at the Warriors last week, they gave Panthers a much of suffer run like that had to wait till the seventieth minutes or something to sort of get over. But the Danny concern with Penrithies have had Saint George, then Warriors, then the Bulldogs haven't really had really strong opposition. So the Broncos is going to be a real.
Speaker 1: Big but it will be. But let me ask you this, of all the all the flat that he copped at the time, what a master stroke from Ivan Cleary to rest sixteen players? You did? It was because they've looked fresh ever since, you know, and all these idiots in the media, you know, criticize it always. If you're in a position to do it, do it. They actually have looked refreshed since since that week off.
Speaker 4: Clever too, because those boys are played well while the guys are resting. It gives them a taste. So they're going next year with a bit more of a taste.
Speaker 1: Of it, like it also gave the Bulldogs there are only winning in the last two months.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but in this team, like what you said before, Ali, but I love McLean My god, he is such a good player for Penrith. And I really like Papaali, Like I.
Speaker 3: Think he's yeah, he's been good.
Speaker 4: He's just a workhorse, Like he's.
Speaker 1: Just Liken't he's another one like for me, like how do you how do you play in a Grand final and then leave to go join the Wooden Spooners. What was in that guy's head? He was getting paid. It was offered the same to stay. So yeah, it just.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I think, you know, and it was nice to see because it was obviously he's been injured and stuff, but he had his typical you know, he did gay you know, one bat kind of game like that was him. That That's literally what I saw last year like this the beginning.
Speaker 1: Of this year, like it was just they went there. They went there to ambush the Dogs. They really did did they really did? Yeah, and they did it. They did it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hope you're really tired though for this.
Speaker 1: Week it was it was it was a great performance from all of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, someone planted a little seed. I think it was on an R three sixty. Someone asked about you know there's is there a rivalry between Penrith and the Bulldogs and the guy goes, yeah, well, you know, Kenniby did take some of their players, you know, they did did the dirty guys and Penrith have got receipts so they're still pretty dirty. And it looked like one of those performances we're going to smash. It's going everything that's play the Dogs, you could sell they lift that little bit extra just.
Speaker 1: There's there's a few players. Yeah, there's a.
Speaker 3: Few Salmon Kickout Burton Crichton. Yeah, there's quite a few. In there's a few of the Tigers as well. There's three or four five.
Speaker 1: When you look at the players Peneth have lost, Yeah, final winning players, you know, it's it's nuts. It's almost the whole team.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know the internal competition, like in terms of like which New South Wales teams don't like each.
Speaker 1: Other, don't forget who, don't forget who was in the box on Sunday you had you had former Penrith employees, Yeah, playing against Penrith in surrounder and feel good. So I'm sure there's a bit of personal stuff there there is. I'd be I would be guarded if I was a Dogs fan because if I'm talking, if I put my Bulldogs hat on, that's not how our season was supposed to go. It shouldn't have gone like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this kid that we signed, he should have been put in New south Well's Cup for a month and then and then bled into the team if he's part of this year's plans at all. There was no need to rush him in. It was just it was one fuck up after another French and it ended up going out in straight sets. And I reckon, they'll be a very different team next year. I reckon they'll be a lot more settled and a lot better. They'll he'll just sign on his halves combo now and they'll train like that all preseason. So yeah, and that was never in doubt. But he just didn't at the expensive this year.
Speaker 4: You know that they might put Crawdon into fullback. I don't know if I read that wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, because they have to find the spot. If Galvin plays six, then they need to find a spot for Burden, which means they needed to move Pray.
Speaker 3: It's all over the place. But Nik, you said they'll be more settled next year. They were settled this year up until they were resettled coming it was.
Speaker 1: It was a situation only where you had to take a team that was doing really well. A young, a young prospect, potential superstar became available and they got the chance to sign him, and they did, but then they didn't know how to handle that right. The way they should have handled it, And again we said it at the time was put the kid in reserve grade, give him a few weeks. Let him. Let the dust settle because there was so much media noise around it. You know that you just didn't need to put that pressure on yourself. But feel good. He's a master of shooting himself in the foot. Put the kid in reserve grade, let the noise die down, and we'll bleed him in the first grade and we'll figure out. You know, we know that six is his best position, but he's only a kid, so we'll figure out how he's going to fit into this. But before he fits he fits into it on the field. He needs to fit into the system off the field, right. The team needs to buy in and they need to accept him. You know, he came there and not through the fall of his own right, but he came there and immediately his selection meant that other players in the team start to ask themselves, I don't like this freaking out that has come in. I might lose my job. And that's exactly what happened, you know. So the first thing to do is you bring in someone like that, You blend him in off the field, no threat to anyone. You let him, you know, immerse him within the group. You do that part. You don't rush it, and they rushed it. They rushed it. He may have not even played first grade this year, you know, but they It was a colossal fuck up, and it seriously was from start to finish. They absolutely shit the bed on every level there is and that's the reason they went out in straight sets. That's the reason the last two months were terrible. Yes, they had a harder draw, but they should have been better than what they were. Six or seven wins out of seven or eight games. That are losses. Sorry, that's just that's not top four standard.
Speaker 3: No, that's not so like choices. Maybe they need more forwards.
Speaker 1: They definitely need more middles and forwards. We all need more middles, right, yeah, yeah, but that's that's not why they lost. That's not why they got you know, Ivank clearly he had a game plan. He looked at the lineup and he knew exactly where to put the targets, exactly where to put the targets, right, Yeah, he knew in those Matt Burton better than Surroundo does. Right, he's a great centerp but he hasn't played there all year. He hasn't played there for two and a half years. Right, Galvin's back at six, but it's his first time in a big game, we're going to run out of big guys at him, you know, and on the edges they tore them the shreds as well. And if surround they couldn't foresee that, then maybe he's not the cache that will think years exactly, or maybe it's a case of feel good pulling the strings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 4: We don't know totally. He's totally under the thumb, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, it would be good. I mean, it's a it's a great position to be in to have a feel good as as like in a mentoring role or whatever. But let's not forget he hasn't coached in over twenty years. You know, the game's changed the lot he's I mean, he's the for me, he's the best footy brain I've seen, and you know, but but that doesn't necessarily translate to coaching anymore. He just hasn't done it for that long.
Speaker 4: He's like every single client that i'll you know, that I meet with, and you know, they've got a really old school mentality and they dislike they've got He's inflexible in the way that he thinks, right, but he's super transactional or very much outcome focused. There's probably better coaches out there to learn from, like and and those clients. I tend to not recruit for if because it shows me that they can't grow like their mindset like.
Speaker 1: For me, it's not even coaching, it's management. So let's take the football out of it for a second. Right, let's take the footy out of it for a You're you're a master recruiter. You know this better than any of us. You taught me this right when you're bringing someone in to your group. I remember I said to you when I whenever I hire someone, I always look for someone who's going to fit into the team culture that we have, because we have a good one. And you taught me how about looking for someone who's going to add to the culture. Yeah, Well in this case they didn't either. Yeah right, And it's not the kid's fault. It came with so much media noise that just that fact alone suggests to me I need to make the noise go away. So we've brought him in. I'm going to say to the coach, listen, stick in reserve grade, Let the dust settle, let the noise go, Let all the hoopla bullshit disappear. No, what do we do. Let's throw him under the spotlight, shake the whole team up, pisce everyone off and create more headlines, more pressure. Right, all the pressures on him at the end of the day, and all of it backfired.
Speaker 4: All of it well, And I think too, like one, you know, like I would never recruit for someone like us, Like that's just the opposite to what And even if Seraldo was great, I always tend to look at the next level up as well. But if I had to recruit for that type of club, like if and I Teken Closer as the player manager here, perhaps, but I would be coaching, you know, I'd be like, hey, you know, do your interviews with you know, Serroudo and Gus, but I probably have more Serroualdo in the interviews. You organize like you know, team catch up for the guys to get along, and you can still obviously the way it was done, it's that's quite bad in the way it was very reactive. But there's always a way to pull it back to because it's all around like connection and asking. Whereas I feel like what I see with the dogs, it's very there's no leadership.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, if you sign Andrew Johns, right, or if you sign El Laia, I know I'm going back in time here, you rush him into your team. Yeah, if you sign an eighteen year old kid, any second year, first grade, you know, you know, you don't make him the focal point of the entire operation.
Speaker 3: A sixteen year old has seen that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know the guy who brought bradd Like, you have this kid.
Speaker 4: That's come in who probably for whatever reason whatever we want to call it, he's left. He's in there by the you know, the graces of gust God Gould, right. And then you also have guys have lost their jobs so they're getting moved out who have actually done the time with.
Speaker 1: The doggies and done the job. And then every time.
Speaker 4: Galvin kicks a ball, the media is just flipping out.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing on top of all that. Look at the baggage he came with, all of that garbage about leaving the Tigers, you know, all of that, all of that like you need to make the noise go away, Like any good operator in that in that environment knows you need to make the noise go away. They opened the door and invited it all in.
Speaker 4: But you can tell that with the Dogs players, they're being told to say that Lachlan is a good guy, that you can see that it's not well.
Speaker 1: I know personally that from from a few insiders that a portion of the group was unhappy because they're just don't like no one No one likes seeing an untested rookie come in and be given that much leeway. They just don't.
Speaker 4: The thing is too like you know you have like for example, Ship a psychy, got drunks, hungover, came to training and regardless of however people view like how Man's treated, blah blah blah. But Madge is like, we probably need him this weekend, but you're at and even he Reese Falsch said it last week, He's like, god, I hope we have a few days off because Madge has been riding us. But but he sits a tone.
Speaker 1: I don't know who the GM for the point the standard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it doesn't matter. Ship is psychy. We needed him for the game, like there's times you know we needed other people, but it's almost like, well, if you shop the bed, it's on you. And if I got asked by the media, I'm going to be honest, like Gus is doing all this cloak and daggers, and it's funny because everyone sees.
Speaker 1: You know, everyone says through it, says through it, and and now that both of them are still bullshitting, they're sitting down saying, you know what, we fucked up. Yay, let's let's look at how we're going to plan this moving forward. But no, if of the media they come out and say we wouldn't change anything, well, you know what you've lost for the last two months, So if you wouldn't change anything, you're.
Speaker 4: A full Yeah, it's yeah, but we can talk about this time.
Speaker 1: I know we're draggon. How about how about we move on to this weekend? Anything else on that game you guys want to say? Just pens were very good and they yeah, there were so no Saturday game to the next few, Yeah, exactly. Brown Night Storm Sharks interesting. Interesting one here. I'm leaning on the Storm, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've got pat back and they've got I.
Speaker 1: Think I think the biggest they've got Bellamy Belly. You know he'll come up with something. But you know, the Sharks need to be perfect. I think I think if they are, they'll win. But I think I need to be to win.
Speaker 4: Happenings, to be perfect. Don't forget dream Hees came back and then he injured himself in a different area of his body.
Speaker 1: You can it's his risk of his hand, right. I know this sounds ridiculous, but you you know I'm not a footy player. But you can play with a broken hand right inbreaks. But I'm serious. Like in boxing, you can break your hand during a fight and you need you need about two rounds for it to numb up, and then you can keep going. You won't feel the pain till later that night. Now what are you laughing for? I'm serious. You can't. No, you can't. Right, with a breaken hand, you can't. But I think they're saying that favoring his shoulder, which is not Yeah, that's what caused the hand or the wrist. So if the problem is his shoulder, save The bottom line is if I'm if I'm Craig, if it's given, If Hughes takes the field, my game plan is simple, get the biggest, hardest men in the team to run straight at Dream Hughes because I know his shoulders not right. Yeah, he might be able to cover the hand or wrist or whatever it is. But I know his shoulders for I know, well you can strap that up. I know his shoulders not right, So I'll be sending heavy traffic at him. So and Bellamy knows that. So I just know I'm doubtful that you'll play.
Speaker 4: To be honest, I just think I'm just thinking the Sharks just.
Speaker 1: I don't think Hughes will play.
Speaker 3: He's too much of a named his name seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but I'm just I don't know. I question it.
Speaker 3: Don't you think it could be a similar thing to Cooper Kronk when he was named for the Roosters in the Grand Final, who had a similar injury. It puts it makes the Sharks change their focus. Now they're going to go, Okay, we're going to run a director. Yeah they've been playing well without this thing now, but now they've got this thing with change everything.
Speaker 1: There's one one on that I heard Cooper Kronk talking about that yesterday. It was a snippet from his podcast with Maddie John's where he was talking about that that very same comparison, and what he said was, and I can't remember the I know he had a shoulder problem. I can't remember the date or something like that. I can't remember the details. But Kronk said, the difference with me was that no one knew what the actual problem was because we sold it. We sold a different message. Right, He's if they knew the details of my injury, I would have been targeted a lot more, Okay, and I wouldn't and I wouldn't have withstood it. The problem with dream here is that everyone knows what it is. So if he's on that field, he's targeting.
Speaker 4: Was his recent injury? What was the one that he came back from.
Speaker 1: Shoulder?
Speaker 4: It was shoulder.
Speaker 1: I thought it was wrist. No, No, the shoulder was the original injury. They're saying that he they're saying that he breaks his wrist because he was he was trying to compensate for his shoulder. So you know, you know he's weak. Right when I saw Pap.
Speaker 4: Play last he was so crap like, and you and Pap has been a big like a lot of their successes hinged on Pap being on' but.
Speaker 1: You know he will be in the big games, right, So you haven't seen him play the final yet this year You've.
Speaker 4: Been saying it's like you know. Oh, yeah, this has been crazy. I don't know. I just yeah, well.
Speaker 1: My my my instinct tells me Melbourne, but everything else tells me the Sharks. Yeah, it's a hard line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's in Melbourne as well. That makes it lean towards Melbourne.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to both games. I can't tell you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is going to be one of those grinding games. I think it's going to be like a fourteen twelve full time or something in the automatum, whereas the other one could be like thirty six thirty four. That's a I'm worried about.
Speaker 1: I'm a little bit worried about tenure on Sunday because it could be a wine glass against the wall situation. I hope it's not. I'd like to see Brisbane win it, to be honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'd be funny if Sharks win and Penrith win. That's two teams from the bottom half of the eight that go in the Grand Final. It's team six and seven and they could win for the first time, but the first time to win a Grand Final from positions.
Speaker 4: Sharks Broncos just change it up.
Speaker 1: So seeing some more papers of all these teams, I'd like the Broncos to win for two reasons. No, I'm serious. I felt for him two years ago obviously with what because they had it one and I really want to see them win it without Wayn Bennett. Yeah, you know, I really want to see them win one without Wayne Bennett. And I reckon I reckon Madge for the ship that he went through at the Tigers. And and this isn't about bashing the Tigers, but he had I hit a horrible time there, as has every coach for the last fifteen years, which says more about the club that does about the coach. I would love to see Madge rebound his first club job since getting sacked from the Tigers, winning the premiership in his first season after winning the Origin in one season. I would love to see that for match. I really would.
Speaker 4: If I'm fully prepared for everyone to be like it's because you had the new South Wales Origin coach, like you know, coaching guys, I'll take it. It's fine, you know, It's funny. I went I went to buy tickets today because they had the release at ten o'clock. They were sold out in five minutes, so I think I had a thousand people.
Speaker 1: Ahead of me in the I was going to say, you're going to come, come with your Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well I couldn't get any there was because they'll do they'll do staggered releases. But I sat there because I was sitting on for Corey's sister, Like I didn't think I was going to take the boys, but she was at work and she got one in the end. Anyway, but a thousand people in the queue before me went down and I literally I hit every single one individual seats five minutes have sold out.
Speaker 1: It's like ten yeah something. When I I like fan, i'd like to see him. You know, when you look at all these you know him and Bellamy are the two most emotional coaches, you know on game day and in the box. But but you know what, he's never liked that away from like in press conferences and all that magic. He's a gentleman.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And celebration last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my favorite celebration you had was against Paramatta when it was reversed a minute later. That was pretty funny. Sorry, But now I really like him and and I've always liked the Broncos anyway, So when I look at these four teams, I think it's time for a change. Yeah. Yeah, So let's move on to the Bronc.
Speaker 3: For this game here. I was just going to say that I've got a good feeling the Sharks might do this one because really has been playing out of his skin and Harry Grant's a good hooker, but they've got that I reckon the hook is match, I think for no Blake, if he has one of his barm storming games, I think that's what's going to tip him over. Blake and and Brayley are are the two keyns. But it don't be surprised if she didn't upset him, man, I'll be surprised.
Speaker 1: Never never under estimated wounded Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Exactly and they beat pleaded Bulldogs team. Don't forget the Bulldogs had all those injuries that happened early in the game and they just got through. So the Sharks are more impressive in the depleted too. Yeah, they were.
Speaker 1: Pappen House and they used no Solomon. You know that that was depleted too. Yeah, but the Sharks with you. The Sharks look fresh and.
Speaker 3: They got forty points against him in one game in one half against the Roosters the storm, so they're starting to play a little bit. Yeah, I don't know. My laptops running dead. Okay, it's gonna te alright, let's go to the next one.
Speaker 1: All right, Brost Panthers, Brocast Panthers. Tenure Reynolds is named right, Yeah, I reckon the Broncos will do it. I don't know that Penis can reproduce that performance, and it certainly won't be It certainly won't be as weak as defense as it was last week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think, look, and I try and look at it really impassively, but the boys have had an extra week's race. You've got Reynolds back, which brings extra just an extra vibe like we've got obviously, you know, because I was explaining to the boys that Kragan was out and Walter's is out, and Many's like, and it's so good, you know, money he remembers every game. He's like, how come all the other players aren't out that have done the same thing. And I was like, it's fine, I totally, but but it's not as like I'm really happy that Willison's in. Yes, he's wonderful, and I think Manny said, the whole lineup looks great. He was like giggling at it, but he said the only thing is Ricky against Martin. But I was, like, I said, like Jordan Ricky, you know he's he just is kind of.
Speaker 1: Like someone that just Liam Martin is carrying some form of injury than I know.
Speaker 4: I was trying to figure it out what it was that's injury, but he.
Speaker 1: Set himself after the game he was just winded, and now I forget who it was. The next player in the media said he wasn't just winded because halfway up the tunnel he crashed down. You don't do that. You don't do that half way up the tunnel when you're winded. But you know, Liam Martin is the kind of guy who could play injured too well. I like that man is.
Speaker 4: Back and Willison Heatherington, he kind of just ships about a bit under pressure. So I would prefer it if they sent ma'm and Wilson out first because Wilison's going to be fresh, like he is absolutely brilliant. But yeah, I'm so pumped for this game. I like to see I know what Arthur's has done to piss match off. I know we have lots of talent, but I haven't seen nothing to play in quite some time, so I'd like to see him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the end of the day, you know they're succeeding, they're winning. Yeah, last week was last week was very close and a lot of luck, but a lot of perseverance as well. But they did it. You know they did it.
Speaker 3: It's paying Haus one hundred percent because I know he.
Speaker 4: Was a year or not all. Yeah, but he They rest him enough and there's enough support when he does.
Speaker 1: Go and rest. Tenure. You'll be too young to remember this, but you remember Terry Lamb's last two years he never trained.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: He only played. Yeah, he only played. I think it was ninety four ninety five if I'm not right or thereabouts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's an don't think Tenure. You don't remember the famous Terry Lamb field goal. Remember that before we had digital scoreboards. Tan The Bulldogs were losing twelve to ten at Bellmore and Terry in the dying seconds, Terry Lamb kicked the field goal. They lost twelve eleven. He thought it was twelve or oh. Yeah, his last couple of years, he didn't he didn't train and he didn't need to either. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think, like with Haas, I think it's you know, he's he needs to just have a lie down. But he's just so, he's just brilliant, and like I said, there's enough people around him that if he has a bit of a rest, Reynolds is all good. But we have people that are there like just in case, like we have a very good like reserve team.
Speaker 1: This is the problem for me, and I know, I know, like for example, George loves the international game and all that. You know, in two weeks time, all these players need to rest. The last thing they needed to be getting on a plane and going you know what I mean, give me the summer off, you know, or at least until November.
Speaker 4: Oh guys, what is that absolutely broken?
Speaker 3: Yeah, most of them do. It's only the ones that get selected. But yeah, it's going to be interesting game.
Speaker 4: Do you think with this game?
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm going to be unpopular. I'm going to be unpopular here because the Raiders were up twenty eight twelve and should have won that game. So if the Raiders can put twenty eight points on the Broncos, I think Penrith can put more Penrith. If Penrith are leading twenty eight twelve, they don't lose that game.
Speaker 1: You know what, I mean, if Penrith reproduced that performance, that's it. I think they're unbetable. You don't know. I don't know if they can. You know, you won't. I expressed it in different terminology yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the sixth year in a row. They're in this position, sixth year, and they've won every the previous five. So Pendrith got a lot of experience in this this team. They're looking fresh. That's one thing that impressed me as well about Panthers. They look fresh. Here's one thing.
Speaker 1: And tell me if I'm wrong, because this is just how I look at it, because everyone's saying what you just said. This is the sixth year, This is the six year in their position, and they have a lot of experience. Right, but it actually but actually don't. Yeah, a lot of the team hasn't been in this position. A lot of a lot of the team, you know, most of the last sea years, the team has been completely flipped almost. Yeah, there's a good there's a good three four five players who haven't been in this situation.
Speaker 3: Maybe, Yeah, But I don't like the Bulldogs. Think they haven't changed their spine. They've got they have Edwards and the other book what's his name? Kenny Kenny, and Tulagi is the only new one in the spine, you know what I mean, he's taken new white spot. I think it's done a great job. It was fantastic last week as well.
Speaker 1: So And what's the difference between Ivan Clear and Cameron Seraldo is that Ivan clearly signed to Lagi last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, And you remember the first month of the COMMP the first six weeks. Yeah, he didn't even play exactly. He didn't rush him in, right, He got him, He got him immersed in the group, brought him in and started to slowly bleed him in and look at how he's.
Speaker 3: Turning out exactly, And he said it.
Speaker 1: He got asked, there's a lesson for Serado exactly.
Speaker 3: He got us the first couple of weeks. I think we're about to Laggi and he said, he's not ready it we just haven't got him ready yet. It was still working on him, and he just knew when the right time was to bring him in.
Speaker 1: And all of us were saying, what do you mean he's not ready exactly, but he knew, but he did think.
Speaker 4: I think Broncos have beaten like three pretty decent teams and all right, they have and they've had an extra week fresh they're playing at.
Speaker 1: Sun Corp like that's an extra man on the field.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Reynolds is back and you've got like it's going to be this is saying this game.
Speaker 1: But you know Reynolds is back after a decent break as well, like he's it's never easy to return in a game of this magnitude when you've been off a few weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not too worried about Reynolds. I mean, well, she did just have his head in the game. That's it.
Speaker 1: That guy, after what he did in your last game. I don't think there's anything to worry about.
Speaker 4: Well, I just can't, you know, have a conversation.
Speaker 3: With I can't understand this the team list actually to be honest with the Broncos because what they should have done and this is what would have changed me. With Broncos. You got what's his name, Ben Hunt, who's one of the best hookers in the game. He is not underniably top three hooker and you're playing him at six and you put Corey pay there when you've got Isram on the bench. Isra Mam should have been six. Reynold should have been seven gun Harps who have played Grand Final together, and then you should have had Ben Hunt, who would have just made that halves combination even stronger. But he's put isra Man on the bench and he's put Reynolds ben Hunt at six. I think that's changed. He's got to.
Speaker 1: I think that's a big part of the game here. I really do, I really do you You got you got so on Cobo on the extended bench as well, so he's not popular.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Cobbo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know that these are that's the team that are running on the shield. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think so either, because obviously it's a little bit of back and forth player because you know, with Ethan strange thing, I was like, that's just another you know, Rocky Stuart thing. But I was like, oh no, it's actually sick. I think that they'll maybe change it up like last minute, which clearly might anticipate.
Speaker 1: That's that's again. I don't know what you it was the teamless Tuesday. It started because of all these games being played by coaches changing their squads and changing their team list on game day. So so then I all said, you know what, fuck this. We want the team list on Tuesday, and that's who you can play with that but that's who you're running into the weekend with because on game day they make five changes, you know, which which I don't have a problem with at the end of the day because you put it out who you put out, you know. But that's how the team this Tuesday things started. I don't know if it was ten, twenty years ago, I can't remember.
Speaker 3: I can't remember.
Speaker 4: Still they can still change it, provided what you guys were saying before that they're on the list. They can just flip it around.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And I think I think there's exceptions for if exceptions you know. Yeah, I mean you saw it. I don't understand it, but you saw it in State of Origin last year, when when you've got your squad of twenty two or whatever, someone continued and they bring in someone else. Yeah, well, you picked the squad of twenty two. You should only be allowed to select from that group.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I think there's an exception here for extenuating circumstances. But I don't know that's the team that will run out. But anyway, you know what, I'm going to go on a limit tip the Broncos. Yeah, but gee, you know, just like Melbourne, I can't underestimate pet because I have all years and what Ivan Cleary has done with that team this year, I reckon it's been the most impressive because because it's the first season and you know they haven't won it yet, but it's the first season where he had to lift them off the canvas. Yeah, halfway through the season. How do you do that? How do you build belief enough for them to do what they've done to get to this point and as convincingly of that as they have. If halfway through the season you told me they were going to eliminate the Bulldogs, they are laughed in your face. Yeah you could. You can put that down to the only Penrith with Cameron Seraldo as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you look at the forward pack of Penrith, they've got Liota, Kenny Smith, Sorenson Martin Yo. It's still played last year, didn't they And then they got going on the bench exactly, so they're all from last year except for the fish Fisher Harris has gone and Linday Smith's now playing a dominant role. But apart from that, the back Roads the same Sorenson Martin.
Speaker 1: So now you're right, You're right.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty good side. That's it's very solid. I'm worried about pain Huss.
Speaker 1: I thought I thought Jenkins was a bit unlucky to miss out, but then al did what he did, he did. Yeah, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 3: My biggest worries pain Huss. If he's not one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I think he'll be all right because he's had a week off as well. They'll need him up and if they're ahead, if they're ahead, he'll pull him off.
Speaker 4: I think Broncos. I think Broncos all win, but also I would not be upset if they don't, purely because they have had such an insane season, like we've had so much crap going about in the media. We've you know, lost Carbo and MAM's comeback. It's people doing, you know, like there's been so much and for them to adapt to a new coach and to get to this point, like I'm so.
Speaker 1: Happy with me, you know, I feel that way about my club and we didn't get to it. Yeah you so. So as a Broncast fan, absolute.
Speaker 3: Their first year with Madge, they getting used to his methods. Now so it's been a great year for the Broncos.
Speaker 1: For sure, is a hard as I like, he's a hard ass as.
Speaker 4: Long as we've been in origent. I'm pretty heppy anyway, but for them to get I always just want one Queensland team to be in tough for.
Speaker 1: Like we all, I mean, did everyone watch surely everyone watched Tales from Tigertown. That's why we got to see what Magor is like. And like, man, I hate to be in that change room. I think I think it was renamed Fails from Tigertown.
Speaker 4: But you guys asked me last year, is that what they need? Is that what they need? And I was like yeah, because Walters is too soft? And then look what's happened. They totally needed a.
Speaker 1: Really you know, yeah, I'll take it easy waters to still took him to a Grand Final. Yeah, but he and he got sacked a year later. Let's not let's not count the chickens just yet. But he's done a great job and like I said, I'd love to see him win it. I really would. Yeah, you know, and and and George will hear this, And with all respect to George, I completely disagree with him that he actually blames Kevin Waters for for Brisbane losing that last thirteen minutes or whatever. I don't I don't understand how the coaching he need to do that we were ready like that. There's just too many on field errors. But that that wasn't a coaching thing. Yeah, that was individual errors made on the field exactly that you know two.
Speaker 4: Years ago Broncos went ready like I don't know where everyone was searching. I didn't think they were going to win.
Speaker 1: There were thirteen minutes away from me. It was in the bag, I know.
Speaker 4: But like they under pressure, Like Panthers are used to playing under pressure, Broncos now are used to playing under pressure.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying like Adam Reynolds was the first one to kick started when he when he kicked the line drop out on the fall because he was trying to find touch.
Speaker 4: The guys just need to not get into fights.
Speaker 1: Oh, that hasn't been a fight in ten years in the NRL, So don't worry. It's all handbased at ten paces.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Carrigan is a big loss for you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's been he's been on and off though.
Speaker 3: Still he's inspirational. It was your captain last week.
Speaker 4: He's been on and off, not that you guys like it, but he was great when he didn't have his girlfriend and he got back with her and then you know behind every day. I'm purely saying that there is a noticeable difference because obviously we get more Brisbane stuff here and I have been privy to probably more another team that I've mentioned before, seeing what the wives are like on game day to the players. It does create a big impact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but but yeah, no, be a cracking game, did you?
Speaker 4: I know that you guys aren't really before you do Super League idea quickly just talk about girls. I can't really watch it. Last week, Wells is the first, Broncos a second, Butsas are playing the Sharks on Saturday in Gosford and then Broncos are playing just before the Broncos Penrith game in Suncourt. So I feel like what we're going to see is Roos's Broncos in the final. But the girls. It's actually been really good to watch the girls.
Speaker 1: More this year.
Speaker 4: But isn't normal for them to play in Gosford?
Speaker 1: Is it? I don't know that stadium, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's a nice stadium, but I have seen them, but I think it used.
Speaker 1: It doesn't.
Speaker 3: It doesn't get used much, but it is a really nice stadium.
Speaker 1: I remember when it was being built. I was I was a form worker. We're working on Henry Perry Drive. We're building those units, so I was driving past it every day while it was being built. It's in such a beautiful spot opposite the water across the road. But it doesn't it's a it's a it's a great small stadium used to Shark's home ground for dead put it that way. Not not much difference in size, but it just doesn't get used. So it's a real shame, you know. If I've always said, if we're going to add a lot of team, it should be the Central Coast Bears. How they went to Perth, I don't know, but Central Coasts, as in New South Wales Central Coast has always been a huge breeding ground with youngsters for the NRL.
Speaker 4: And it's our version of where the epswitch are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Yeah, and it should have been our dolphins, I reckon. Yeah, great little ground.
Speaker 4: Though, I feel like, you know, unless because the Knights are actually really good, unless say they're not Roncos off their perch, but that will be really good. So that's it's a Saturday and then it's a Sunday, so it'll be good to see how the girls go. And they've absolutely killed it this year too, so yeah games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to talk a bit about Host Cup Host Plus Cup, which is the Queensline Cup. We've got the Grand Final this week. The Burly Bears beat the Dolphins eighteen sixteen and the Devils beat the Seagulls eighteen sixteen, both from the same score, so they play in the Grand Final next week Bears versus the Devils. It's on Saturday at four pm on KO if you want to watch it. On the other side, we had the Warriors beating the Parameter Eels two fourteen to get through and the Grand Final for that Knock on Effect Cup will be the Dragons and the Warriors. That's on Sunday three fifteen. Colmbank.
Speaker 1: It is exciting. Yeah, good to see. You could get some chocolates this year.
Speaker 3: We might mate, we might Lochlan Neelius might win a Grand final for us.
Speaker 1: Mate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the future Greek Immortal.
Speaker 1: Apparently you play. Kurtie Ramsey has been told he's not wanted and we're one of the clubs that are interested.
Speaker 3: Well, we've we've offered him a train and trial. We're not offering him a full contract. The guys still look. He's killing it in the reserves, but he's still very thin and it's a pretty serious illness what he's got. So's he's got that stuff similar to what George's got, the gut issue. He's been hospitals. That's a lot of weight. He can't put on any weight or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But he seems to be playing well.
Speaker 1: So apparently we are interested in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, roosters apparently to the rooster's thing. But yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I hope we keep him because we're stuck buy him for the last few years. See how the hands out with this cup thing, the host Cup?
Speaker 4: The winners do they ever play? So Dragons win and then barely Bears are going to win.
Speaker 3: They playing the Grand Final. They play against each other, that's on the Grand final day. It's always a curtain racer. It's always before I think it's that game, then the women's game, and then it's the Grand Final, so all the other way around. But they do play each other. Yeah, and that's it's always the case.
Speaker 4: What do you think do you think might get across?
Speaker 3: I hope So it would be great for Willie Tellow. He's our coach. He's he's been fantastic at the Dragons. He's I think he took the Jersey Fleet to a Grand Final. He's gone in all the grades and he's succeeded everywhere. He's gone so good. Or will he tell out the Extrara Bulldogs center, they're doing great job.
Speaker 1: Was Goos was part of their premiership team? Wasn't he? Four?
Speaker 3: Was he the Bulldogs team?
Speaker 1: I think it was. I think he was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Tommy Taller played some only his son he played for the.
Speaker 1: Tigers war didn't he? I think? So yeah? Will you tell out that Jack Bargain era?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seems like yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 3: It should be interesting to see those couple of grand finals on the weekend, which is good bit of extra footy for George. George will be happy it's more footy for him. Yeah, let's get the Super League. So it was the last round for the Super League. We had the whole Kingston Rovers twenty eight beating Sam's team the Warrington Wolves twenty twenty two. Catalan Dragon's twenty six. Saint Helen's which is our team twenty six beat the Castleford Tigers twenty four. Cold Field scored two tries in that game. They're diving. He didn't dive this time.
Speaker 1: He actually scored that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and look they won twenty six to twenty four. But you know, Carlsfoot scored two tries in the last few minutes between the seventy third and seventy seventh to make it close. But it was all Saint Helen's. Lee Leopards Augulist Jersey in the World thirty versus the Hardersfield Giants sixteen South for Devils sixteen, Wakefield Trinity fifty two South of Devils at the bottom of the Bottle Ladder terrible team and the Wigan Warriors twenty two. This was the big clash. Wigan Warriors twenty two beat Leeds Rhinos brad Arthurs team six finished Hulkingston Rovers first on forty four, Wigan Warriors second forty two, Auguist Jersey in the World, Lee Leopards thirty nine and the Leeds Rhinos thirty six. Next week is the finals games. Two final games. We've got Lee Leopards which finished third up against Wakefield Trinity finished sixth, and then you've got the Leeds Rhinos Brad Arthur's team against Saint Helen's cole felt Our team Tenua. So that's the Super League rap. Good luck to the four teams playing next week. They will then face off the teams that came first, which are the two old teams.
Speaker 4: Have you watching? How's Sailor going?
Speaker 1: Tristan?
Speaker 3: He played last week. He's doing a right. I didn't see much of the game, but yeah, he's he's up there. But yeah, I think he's wasting his time. He's got to come back to the n Yeah, I'd love to have it.
Speaker 4: That was probably one of the biggest issues I had with Walters, like a massive Wendell Saylor fan, and what we saw with Tristan Saylor. Yeah, he's just he's just amazing.
Speaker 3: Maybe Tristan, when you think about it, that Tristan had Ben hunt Man Reynolds, he had a few people in front of him blocking him, and he's got Riss Walsh, so maybe he chose to go as well. You don't know, mould have been his choice. Yeah, it's a shame because he was played at the Dragons in the juniors and he was outstanding. He used to kill it in the junior grades, and you could see this guy is going to be a special play, you know when you can just see it. And then he had that off field drama, and then he was off the league for a couple of years, and then he came back again. And it's good to seem like to his potential. You know.
Speaker 1: You know one of the.
Speaker 4: Guys that I did mention, which we can talk about it the wrap up, but you remember me talking about the trail Sequeld at the beginning of the year played for Broncos in the first couple of games. At the beginning he actually signed with Rabbits.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I know American.
Speaker 4: Rabbit is going to go, all right, another Bennett Bennett, but it'd be nice to yet sailor back.
Speaker 3: Yeahs anyway, anyway, be great, m And that wraps up Super League. Oh you know what I found which is depressing, what how does Field have got a play called George Flanagan. I'm just worried Georgia going to sign him next year. There's a Flannagan bloating out there that we haven't signed anyway, that's enough for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I tell you, do you have anything else done? I guess that's a wrap for us. I don't. I can't see how long we've gone for it didn't take notice.
Speaker 3: Nick, Did you hear the song last week at the end of the show, the Teddy Swims?
Speaker 1: Actually, no, you didn't hear it. I didn't make it that far.
Speaker 3: In okay, no worries.
Speaker 1: Did you like it? Yeah? It was good.
Speaker 3: It was good. I like Teddy Swims. He's going to be great. That's a good Finally, the inn Aulla picked up as someone that's actually popular, not popular, but someone that's pretty big at the moment. He's currently killing it.
Speaker 4: Well, and it's nice too because everyone's so obsessed with country now like so they yes, that's nice for them to get someone. Gosh, that grand final, Oh my god, it's going to be nuts. But but you know, all from me, I think crush things for the Broncos, even if you're not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the Brocos.
Speaker 1: It'll be good. Well, I'm going to order Mike al bab okay for I think I might think I might. I haven't had dinner tonight, so I think I might do it again. Yeah, but that's a wrap for us. That's what our third, second, last, third, last show, yeah said, last show. That wraps up Episode twenty five, and enjoy your footy everyone, and we'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: So you next week and hopefully we get George back. Yeah yeah, enjoy and good luck, Tan. I hope you're taking it through good.
Speaker 1: It'll be good and everyone's there. Bye bye bye