Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Matt Gates says he's done with Congress. It's where we kick off Swamp watch.
Speaker 2: Swamp is horrible. The government doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: We're gonna make this like a reality TV show. A bad doos always a pleasure to be anywhere from Washington, d c.
Speaker 1: Hey Joey, a town all too clearly built on a swamp and in so many ways still a swamp.
Speaker 2: I have to watching malwarkee.
Speaker 3: Nobody said drained the swamp.
Speaker 2: I said, oh, that's so keepp Man.
Speaker 1: You know the thing. Matt Gates says, yes, he's done with Congress. One day after withdrawing from consideration as Trump's ag he went on a radio show this morning.
Speaker 2: What is next for Matt Gates.
Speaker 4: I'm still gonna be in the fight, but it's going to be from a new perch. I do not intend to join the one hundred nineteenth Congress. There are a number of fantastic Floridians who've stepped up to run for my seat, people who have inspired with their heroism, with their public service, and I'm actually excited to see Northwest Florida go to New Heights and have great representation. Charlie, I've been in an elected office for fourteen years. I first got elected to the State House when i was twenty six years old, and I'm forty two now, and I've got some mother goals in life that I'm eager to pursue, my wife and my family, and so I'm going to be fighting for President Trump. I'm going to be doing whatever he asks of me, as I always have. But I think that eight years is probably enough time in the United States Congress.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that's true or if he felt pressure and knew that this ethics report was breathing down as met of.
Speaker 3: Course that's what it was.
Speaker 1: Gates allies have floated the idea that we talked about of Ron DeSantis appointing Gates to the Senate seat being vacated by Marco Rubio. Gates and Desantas were once close. Gates played a key role in his transition in twenty eighteen to the governorship, but they say Gates is loyalty and the presidential election fell to Trump.
Speaker 3: When DeSantis himself ran for the job.
Speaker 1: So they say he burned his DeSantis bridge with that, so that DeSantis probably is not thinking about appointing him. But he could still be named as another person in the Trump administration, a role that does not need Senate confirmation.
Speaker 5: That still I think brings with it a dangerous amount of exposure for Matt Gates.
Speaker 3: I no know.
Speaker 1: Trump wouldn't care. They could just bury that report forever. Maybe everyone just goes on and kind of goes by the wayside.
Speaker 5: So Matt Gates withdraws his name yesterday from consideration for attorney general, and a few hours later, President elect Trump nominates Pam Bondi to be the attorney general. She served as state attorney general in Florida, and she's been a pretty close ally of Trump's as of lately. She served on Trump's legal team during his first impeachment in twenty nineteen. Currently leads the legal arm of the America First Policy Institute, right wing think tank that has been pretty close to the Trump transition team for a long time. Also saw the filing of voting related lawsuits in some of the battleground states. She began to appear more frequently as a surrogate at his rallies, partly because he likes them when they're lookers. And she's very pretty at fifty nine years old, looks great TV ready, and man, he puts a premium on that.
Speaker 2: She is clearly by far more.
Speaker 5: Experienced than Matt Gates to be the Attorney General for the United States, like I said, having been Attorney General for the state of Florida.
Speaker 2: But they said all of this came relatively quickly.
Speaker 5: Curious if there was any in terms of the short list for Attorney General in the first place, whether or not Pam Bondi's name was on there, or if somehow she just emerged after the heat around mac Gates picked.
Speaker 1: Up, got some local swamp news to get to in the form of Gavin Newsome to you like your Jeopardy question today?
Speaker 2: Realized we did that today? Yeah, we do that today. We're distracted by pizza and we couldn't.
Speaker 1: Know that distraction has been ameliorated, satiated, okay.
Speaker 3: The sixteenth century for twelve hundred.
Speaker 2: Dollars sixteenth century.
Speaker 1: In the fifteen seventies, Painter Domenico's Theotokopolos Greek guy or I gave it away, moved to Spain, where he was better known by this nickname.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 3: It's just name a painter. Name a painter in Spain, not Dolly.
Speaker 5: It'd have been too late for sixteenth century Spanish Greek guy who went to Spain.
Speaker 1: Yes, what would you call a Greek guy in Espanol?
Speaker 2: Petrols?
Speaker 1: I have no idea el greco oh i.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: Another storm is set to move off the Oregon and Washington coast today. It's not going to be bad as the first one, but areas along the coast could see winds of up to fifty miles per hour.
Speaker 5: Some of those caltrans CCTV cameras up in the northern part of the state.
Speaker 2: I mean, it gives you an idea of just.
Speaker 5: How crazy this storm was in many places, like if you look around the town of Weed up where Highway ninety seven meets I five, it.
Speaker 2: Is just a winter wonderland. In some of those higher elevations.
Speaker 5: They were talking about Mount Shasta, specifically Shasta and Lassen getting as much as ten feet of snow because of this one storm rolling through there. One of the other stories that we have been following also is that Universal Picture Wicked and Paramount Pictures Gladiator two expected to post huge numbers at the box office this weekend. They said Gladiator two somewhere around seventy million is what the expectation is, and that Wicked could get as much as one hundred and forty million in the box office here in the United States and Canada.
Speaker 1: At two hours and forty minute running time. Is keeping me away. I was thinking about going to.
Speaker 5: See it, but how do you I mean, the entire musical is about two pluck twenty or something.
Speaker 3: With the intermission, with the intermission.
Speaker 5: There's Amy was describing it that, I mean, spoiler alert, you're gonna have to come back and watch the second half in the winter when or summer whenever they release it, but that this movie ends at about where intermission is in the stage show.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, So that's another that's really unfortunate. I didn't know that either. I didn't know they were cutting.
Speaker 3: It in half.
Speaker 1: I thought it was just like they're furthering the story with the next one.
Speaker 5: They leave you hanging like that. Huh. Rams host the Eagles Sunday Night. Chargers will play Monday Night, hosting the Ravens and USCUCLA at the Rose Bowl tomorrow evening seven thirty.
Speaker 1: Kickoff Gavin Newsom said that Democrats had a false sense about support for Kamala Harris because everything's a bubble.
Speaker 2: He says, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: He says, Look, we got shell ACKed. That was terrible. We lost all seven swing states. We lost the popular vote, first time in twenty years, second time in thirty six years, which shows what an anomaly that is. He has been floated as a candidate for twenty twenty eight. However, that shocking poll that I can't get over from yesterday, so that forty one percent of the people they surveyed want Kamala Harris to be the candidate in twenty twenty eight. That is a recipe for a DISASTERO. Both candidates are They've got to come to the middle ground with whoever they run in twenty twenty eight can be someone from California.
Speaker 2: Well, and I go back to listen.
Speaker 5: Nikki Haley may not have been a perfect candidate, but in early polling in February, March April of last year, even after she dropped out, she was polling above Joe Biden by ten percentage points. Now, Trump never had that level of support, at least in the polls. We knew the polls obviously came up a little short in terms of judging support for him, but it seems like the voter is ready for that, ready for that more centrist version of but we'll forget. We will forget in about three years when we start seeing some of these candidates announce. The one thing that I will credit Gavin Newsom for doing is going on this listening tour. And as much as we make fun of it, if he is going to places like Fresno County and Yuba County and Calusa.
Speaker 1: County, for him, it's yeah, at least he's having the conversation.
Speaker 5: I don't know how much he's listening, but I do credit him for at least having the intelligence to say, wait, we blew this pretty badly.
Speaker 3: Right going through the motions.
Speaker 1: Even if it's just that he's having the conversation with people that turned from blue to red in California, here he's also floating this trial balloon. I don't know if you've seen this about his.
Speaker 5: Five eyes, the letter I five eyes, inflation, immigration, interest rates, incumbency, and is.
Speaker 1: I don't like the gimmicky crap. It reminds me of the color zone. There is no green. The stupid color.
Speaker 2: Will never go back to normal.
Speaker 1: He said, that makes no sense. What an idiot. I'm still annoyed with a stupid color scheme.
Speaker 2: Crap. Who was protecting you?
Speaker 1: No, he does not protect me. He does not care about that. He don't use that voice. No, no, he was thinking about it.
Speaker 4: Stop.
Speaker 2: He is trying to protect you.
Speaker 3: Stop it. He's putting his arm okay, putting his hands on your Shake his hands off my shoulders.
Speaker 2: He's protecting you.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna give you pizza if you don't stop patting.
Speaker 2: You on the head. Girl, I got you. That's what he said.
Speaker 3: Girl, I got you.
Speaker 2: You know he says that.
Speaker 3: I know. That's so gross.
Speaker 1: The fourteenth annual KFI Pastathon is here. Of course, Chef Bruno's charity, Katerina's Club, provides more than twenty five thousand meals every week to kids in need in southern California.
Speaker 3: And you make it all happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can donate right now at kfiam six forty dot com slash Pastathon. You can also shop at any Smart and Final store, donate any amount there at the checkout stand, or head into I should say, and head into any Wendy's Restaurant in southern California. Donate five bucks or more and get a coupon book for Wendy's Goodies. Speaking to Wendy's by the Way. Conway broadcasting live today at the brand new Wendy's in Mission v Ah. You can go by say hi, donate five bucks or more in store and you get a coupon book. Tomorrow, Neil is going to be out with the Fork Report Live. It's smart and final in Lake Forest. Get out there at shop early for Thanksgiving, say Hi, donate any amounts of the KFI Postathon, and then our all day live Postathon broadcast from the White House Restaurant in Anaheim will be Giving Tuesday. This year, It's going to be Tuesday, December third. You'll see us out there from five in the morning. Amy King kicking off the kicking Off wake up call right at five o'clock through the morning show, Our Show, John Show, Conways, Show Mode Show Everything until ten pm.
Speaker 2: You can donate on site, bring.
Speaker 5: Cars, full, trucks full of pasta and sauce, or your donations however you want to do it.
Speaker 1: The lawyer representing Sean Diddy coumb's alleged victims as being sued for assault. TMZ reports a Jane Doe, who says she's Tony Buzby's former client, filed a lawsuit claiming he assaulted her while representing her in a divorce case. She also a Legacy committed malpractice in her case, which cost her millions. Her lawyer called Busby a hypocrite. To TMZ, Buzzby calls it crazy fiction.
Speaker 5: It's always crazy fiction, isn't it. We don't believe people anymore. Remember there was a time we believed everybody who Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think it can be in either or I don't think you should believe everyone, and I don't think you should.
Speaker 3: Not believe everyone. It's probably somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 5: So do you remember I've referred to it? I guess British.
Speaker 2: I don't remember where it came from. Do you remember? Do you remember twenty seventeen.
Speaker 5: Fall of twenty seventeen was what I have referred to as the fall of the fall of Man, when all of the Me Too movement started and people were coming out of the woodwork talking about stories that had happened to them or situations that they had been in.
Speaker 2: That was the Fall where.
Speaker 5: Pete Hegseth Yes was accused of that assaulting them woman.
Speaker 1: Yes it was, but because he had not a lot of name notoriety in terms of all the other big names that were getting canceled, his name pale and kind of was able to just skirt by that. Did men stop being aggressive?
Speaker 2: Did that?
Speaker 3: Did it all go away with me too?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay, so nobody does anything like that anymore.
Speaker 1: So it's just that security guard upstairs that can say things.
Speaker 5: Like and in that case, you know what's funny is we look at it like that's a cute funny. Oh, he's an older guy and he doesn't quite know how to compliment somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, without compliments anymore without it being kind of weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 1: Women are so thirsty on uh is social media because they don't get the They don't get the average, every day normal compliments.
Speaker 5: You don't get cat calls from the construction crew or anything like that anymore.
Speaker 3: Nope, nothing so bad for you guys.
Speaker 2: Uh, do you want to talk about the banana? What do you mean the pizza?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know where he is? He vrote taking elevator and then he said, I don't see numbers, but I'm by iHeartMedia taking elevator.
Speaker 3: I told him I'd beat him in the lobby.
Speaker 2: Well, there's different lobbies there are.
Speaker 6: This.
Speaker 5: Did you saw the picture of the banana that was duct taped to the wall? A cryptocurrency entrepreneur guy named Justin Son, dropped six point two million dollars on this piece of art called Comedian. An Italian artist satirist Maurizio Catalan was the guy who put this piece of art together. After an auction battle with six other bidders for the artwork at Sotheby's in New York City on Wednesday, Sun naturally paid for the fruit of his labor in crypto dr I'm honored to be proud owner of this iconic work and look forward to it sparking further inspiration and impact for art enthusiasts around the world. I still believe this is a complete money laundering scam, but that being said, he ate the banana. He said, I will eat the banana as part of this unique artistic experiencing, honoring its place in both art history and popular culture.
Speaker 1: I don't understand art, and I certainly don't understand this and I think it was just to get publicity for his cryptocurrent.
Speaker 3: Don't say it, I'm not good. Don't you agree?
Speaker 5: I totally agree because every story that we've seen respond in the context of this always has to point out that his cryptocurrency is named right Gabelda Fish. The banana was not actually included in the winning He got a roll of duct tape with instructions on how to make his own version of it, but he didn't get the banana.
Speaker 2: He had to buy his own.
Speaker 3: So what did the Savannah Bananas do?
Speaker 2: So here's what's fun.
Speaker 5: The Savannah Banana's baseball team argue that they look a little bit like the Harlem Globetrotters, perhaps of the baseball world, a traveling baseball team born out of the creativity of.
Speaker 2: One man.
Speaker 5: On Instagram, they put up a T shirt with their very famous banana logo. Kind of the banana holding a bat, He's yellow surrounded by He's got kind of a funny angry look on his face after, they wrote on Instagram. After the famous duct tape banana sold at auction for six point two four million dollars, we are offering the Savannah Bananas Limited Edition duct Tape Banana shirt for sixty two dollars and forty cents. Only sixty two available of this collector's item, and this will never be available again, and then said the shirt has sold out.
Speaker 2: PS, we are serious.
Speaker 5: That was edited So Nick Palikini sent that to me and somebody said it would have been cold cool or if you were able to sell it for six dollars and twenty four cents. Making news for an overpriced shirt is a poor marketing move? Or is it because I just talked about it? These people getting a little high falutin about how much money they think Savannah Banana's shirt should go for it.
Speaker 2: You don't have to buy it. You do not have to buy it.
Speaker 5: A reminder, the holidays are here at the Disneyland Resort. KFI wants to give you the chance to enjoy the wonder joy and magic of the season. Experience World of Color, Season of Light, the Nighttime Spectacular at Disney California Adventure Park, or over at Disneyland Park. Rediscover holiday classics like a Christmas Fantasy Parade, and so much more. In fact, you keep listening to KFI because we have a chance to win a four pack of one day one Park tickets to Disneyland Park or Disneyland California Adventure Park. And if you have been in southern California but have not yet been to either one of the Disney parks for Christmas time, it is unbelievable and kids would love it as well.
Speaker 1: The holidays are here at the Disneyland Resort. KFI wants to give you the chance to enjoy the wonder joy and magic of the season. Experience World of Color, Season of Light, and Nighttime Spectacular at Disney California Adventure or over at Disneyland rediscover holiday classics like a Christmas Fantasy Parade, so much more. Keep listening to KFI for your chance to win a four pack of one day, one park tickets to Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Rust.
Speaker 5: Some of the stories that we happen to be following Today, the judge in a former President Trump's hush money case has adjourned the sentencing date that was supposed to be next Tuesday. The judge also issued a brief today that allows the defense to file a motion to dismiss that case outright. He's laid out a briefing schedule. The defense motion is due December second. This order also puts off any decision about whether the Supreme Court's presidential immunity decision applies to the criminal hush money case. The judge didn't provide any new sentencing date. This may be the last gasps of this case. It may never come up again.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not looking good at Goop.
Speaker 1: Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop in particular, said to be in trouble, with fifty people now cut from the two hundred and sixteen person staffsince September. Revenue for the wellness brand grew last year and was on track to grow further by the end of twenty twenty four, but they've declined to say if the company is profitable. But if they're cutting fifty people, you would think that maybe Goop is on its way out. People aren't buying those new ooh, sorry, what are you looking at? Tell me share without getting specific, Well, I'll ask you.
Speaker 2: I'll ask you a question. Think of your closet.
Speaker 5: Okay, the most expensive thing you have in your closet. Is it a dress, Is it a jacket, is it pants? Is it a pair of shoes? Do you have the mostly shoes? Probably a pair of shoes right, she This is from Gwyneth picks right now on the Goop website.
Speaker 2: If you're looking for some shoes.
Speaker 3: You're brave to look that up on your computer.
Speaker 5: She Well, I realized I haven't gotten I think I unsubscribed to the newsletter I was getting Tuesdays.
Speaker 1: Because I've looked up a lot of stuff on my computer. But that's where I draw the line.
Speaker 5: If you're looking for the piped loafer, a chic, comfortable option for day or night that'll run you six hundred and eighty dollars a pair wow or a woven leather Mary Jane, which is an ugly looking shoe, instantly adds texture to any outfit that'll run you six hundred and ten bucks. She has a pair of New Balance on there that are less than one hundred, which is pretty crazy. Ooh, the cloud fives. I actually love those running shoes, so I'm not going to make fun of those.
Speaker 6: I'm never a fan of the Mary Jane style. It's all unless you're like sevenven clogs for ninety bucks. Clogs a bio based memory foam. It's basically a croc but it's a clog for ninety bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: All of this stuff is just completely completely overpriced. A set of napkins. How much would you pay for a set of four napkins like.
Speaker 1: These linen napkins four? I don't even know what they would go for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't even know.
Speaker 1: I have no idea like five bucks. No, I was gonna say ten dollars. Skirts for six hundred and ninety five dollars. I mean, it's just an amazingly this is like to go back to my story earlier about Ellen DeGeneres and her wife leaving the United States to go retire in Britain. Oh, I'm sorry, How absolutely out of touch. How luxurious it must be to be able to choose to leave one of the richest zip codes in the entire United States in Monacito and retire to a place as beautiful as rural southern England. How awful it must be for you that you feel pressure politically, or that you got drummed out of Hollywood because you're.
Speaker 2: Reputation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't feel bad that Gwyneth can't pedal her vagina eggs anymore. Sorry, well, remember she had those eggs, the Yanni eggs or whatever to balance your hormones. Yes, that just sounds like a really bad that sounds like a trip to the er, Like, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: There's one thing on there? You know what a thera gun is, right, Yeah, a little massage or thing that you put on your sore muscles. She's selling one called the Thera Face Pro.
Speaker 1: For your face, for your face, boost your elasticity or.
Speaker 5: Something led light therapy to a microcurrent in one of these percussive massage devices and it has six different attachments that you know.
Speaker 1: I'm curious about that light therapy for the face. I've had some friends do that.
Speaker 2: I've heard of it was it red light there? Yeah? Is that what it is? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wonder if what is it supposed to do?
Speaker 2: Take your money? I don't know. I honestly, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know why I'm asking you, like you have any idea.
Speaker 5: Because you were looking at my youthful appearance and you're like, well, he must be doing light therapy for something. How about the soft petite brush a hair brush. It's a French hair brush. How much would you spend for a hairbrush? Hair It's eight dollars one hundred and fifteen dollars for a hair brush.
Speaker 3: That seems steep it does.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 1: Red light therapy uses low levels of red light to reportedly improve your skin's appearance, reducing wrinkles, scars, redness, and acne.
Speaker 3: It seems like a lot of different things.
Speaker 2: Are you struggling with acne? It doesn't seem like it.
Speaker 1: No, I've never struggled with acne, thankfully. My skin's way too dry and crape like. There is a cardigan sweater for six hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Who's buying this?
Speaker 5: A boot for eleven fifty dollars. There's a heart thrub vibe.
Speaker 3: No, I can't do that.
Speaker 5: Powerful massager with a feature that you'll fall in love with ninety eight dollars?
Speaker 3: Wow? Are you just gonna keep listening?
Speaker 5: I'm just amazed that people go through this and buy it. They buy here's a red light neck enhancer. I guess it does the same thing for your face as it would for your for your neck.
Speaker 3: I've recently got a new neck cream.
Speaker 2: No, you we You wear turtlenecks a lot. You cover up your neck. It's not like them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the neck is the first thing to go.
Speaker 2: Man Uh. A pilates reformer for four thousand.
Speaker 1: I was going to say that's going to be pricey, but you're also it's kind of like getting a value because those reformer classes are really pricey from what I remember when I used to take them.
Speaker 2: My wife's been doing those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's eating you out of house and home with those things. I mean in the form of exercise equipment.
Speaker 5: It's not eating, but no she goes, so we don't have one in the house, right, They're pretty pricey from what I remember.
Speaker 2: Hair dryer. How much you spent on a hair dryer?
Speaker 3: Thirty bucks for.
Speaker 1: The cutting edge dryer. The Dice infrared light to dry hair. The Dicon will cost you about four hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: What for just for the hair?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's really It does make a difference though, in terms of breakage and how quickly it drives your hair.
Speaker 2: How does it do? How is it different?
Speaker 1: It dries it much faster, and I don't know what it is that it uses.
Speaker 2: But it air. It's hot air.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to cry to temp down. How much breakage you have when you're interesting, Yeah, you don't need to worry about this. Your hair dries naturally just right.
Speaker 2: When I put a hat on. It takes a while.
Speaker 1: Do you blow dry your hair sometimes interesting. Yeah, why do you say that? Would you say it like that?
Speaker 3: My dad used a blow dryer.
Speaker 1: But other than that, I don't know men who have used blow dryers. I know a lot of people, do, do you. Yeah, you guys sit around and talk about your blow dryers. No, I just know that they use them. It's just for a matter of timing.
Speaker 3: Because your hair would dry pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But if I, if I leave stuff in it, it looks like it's wet all day.
Speaker 2: Ah. That's that was my issue. I didn't look I didn't want it to look like that the whole time.
Speaker 3: We've already spent way too long talking about this.
Speaker 2: Please is calling my name?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.