Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZY Boston's news video. Well, good evening, how are we doing. I'm cold. I'm sick and tired of the cold. Now I know what it's like to be old. I just made a poem. That's gross. Gary Tanguay, Here tonight, folks in for Dan Ray. Really I am. I put salt out on the walk, chopped up the ice. There was a time where I thought Winner was wonderful around here. It's over, It's done. I understand when people get to a certain age they just hate it. They just do period. End of story. So having said that, that's right, I guess that's kind of all I got to bitch about. Well, you can always find a lot to bitch about if you really thought about it. But this is where I am with politics now, and hopefully we're going to talk to John Kellery's schedule to join us here. And before I give you the rundown of the show, prior to the last few days, my opinion on politics was I'm sticking my head in the sand or current events period. I'm just sticking my head in the sand. I don't want to know. I'm just gonna stay inside my house I'm gonna watch The Diplomat. I'm gonna watch some movies. I'm gonna read some books. I'm gonna hang out with my family. I'm gonna do a little teaching. I'll talk to Bob Bryan on a podcast twice a week. But I'm not gonna pay attention to anything in the real world. I'm not gonna do it because it's too scary and it's too depressing. I mean, my god, those poor people in Washington with the Blackhawk helicopter in the airline crash. I mean, it just breaks your freaking heart. I can't. I don't know what happens. You know, maybe you get a little you're sensitive when you're younger, and you're more sensitive when you're older. In between, you're kind of like, eh, I can handle it. Maybe it's because you're busy, you know, you're thirty or forty, Ah, you blow it off. You get in the fifties, maybe you become a little more sensitive. But I can't watch the coverage anymore. I mean, for the families from Boston, Oh my god, the skaters, and it just brings tears to your eyes. You know, I need to think you need a therapist after watching the six thirty news. You really do. It's so damn depressing. And then I started, I knew this show was coming up, and I said, you know what, Gar you gotta you gotta, you gotta buck up a little bit here. You really do, stop being such a whimp. Now that doesn't mean I have to watch CNN or MSNBC or Fox News and twenty four hour news coverage. I mean that could really drive you crazy. But I got to pay attention. Not because I'm doing a talk show with Dan Ray. And believe me, I would never try to say I'm as knowledgeable as Dan Ray. But I think it's my duty as a citizen. I need to pay attention. I need to keep an eye on things a little bit. We all have to because it seems like everything's going to hell. I mean, you got Musk who's shutting down stuff. He wants to shut down usaid and he doesn't even we didn't elect him. I mean, he's Trump's buddy and he's going around shutting down things. But is he wrong? Maybe he's right to do it. I don't know. This guy's made trillions of dollars. He's not stupid. Is he just shutting something down to be a dink or is he shutting it down because it's not working. Stay tuned on that. Now. When Trump came out with these tariffs, you know a lot of people, especially a business, thought he was crazy and so forth, and he just says it. He just said that's the way it's going to be. He got to hand it to him. Look, I didn't vote for the guy I thought. Look, as far as the presidential election was concerned, I wasn't thrilled with either choice. But now Mexico is saying they're going to send ten thousand troops to the border to stop the drug trade or help stop the drug trade. Canada is now coming to the table and it's going to have discussions with Trump on how we can stop drugs coming in from Canada. Now, from what I understand, the majority of it comes from Mexico. And I also sometimes I get confused with illegal immigration, with people crossing the border. I think almost ninety nine percent of it come from the South and one percent comes from the North. I believe that's what the situation is. So maybe I'm confusing that with the drugs a little bit. Trump is crazy. He just says stuff. He just says stuff.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: He's got Canada and Mexico talking. So when Trump first came out and said I'm putting these terrorists in because of the drug trade, I have to be honest with you. I am just such a pessimist. I just believe drugs will be in our society forever because they always have been. People don't want to look at the situation realistically. People have been using narcotics to numb themselves, to self medicate since the beginning of humankind, whether it's chewing on a root, or whether it's smoking a leaf, or whether it's drinking some sort of kind of concoction from a still, this society has never been drug free. I gotta be honest with you. I don't think we can handle it. I don't think humankind can exist without some sort of medication. Now I'm not saying, oh, let's make cocaine, you know, legal, and let's just go jump into a pile of the white stuff, but without either some anxiety medicine from your doctor, without the three high balls after you get home from work, or with the glass of wine from dinner, or with the joint you go out and you smoke on the back patio. I don't think we can as a society. We cannot get through life unmedicated. It can't be done. We've never done it. We've never done it. Period. So now they're gonna send ten thousand troops to the border to stop the drugs, Well, well they're at it, they might as well help with the legal immigration as well. And maybe that is the case. Maybe I've missed that. But if that's a lot of people, But does it really matter whether it's one, two, three, four or five thousand, ten thousand Mexican show soldiers at the border. If the cartels run the country. The cartels basically run the country. They have all the money, they have all the power. They do I mean, they just do. They run the country in Mexico. So are there ten thousand soldiers going to stop that? Do they know where the tunnels are? Because the way I see it, when it comes to drugs infiltrating the country, it's not like the cartel sands a battalion across the border. They said it through tunnels. They pay people off. They have a way to do it that no one knows. So you might have ten thousand guys above ground, who knows. Maybe they're going through tunnels underneath. I don't know, but we could call Trump crazy with the terriffs, but he's got people coming to the table, and he's made his point clear. I'm not optimistic when it comes to stopping the drug trade. I'm just not. People need to drink, people need to smoke, people need to get high. It sucks, It sucks, but we are a chemically dependent society. But when Trump first put this out to twenty five twenty five, I thought he was nuts. What do I know? He got these guys to the table six one seven six one seven two five four ten thirty. Yes, I did forget the number for a minute. Excuse me? Could you do better? You probably could. Gotta take some calls on this and uh run down the rest of the show coming up next. I'm Gary tag Away for Dan Ray. This is Night's Side. Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio. Gary tag Away for Dan Ray tonight six thirty. I didn't realize I was gonna be so pessimistic tonight. I got an I'll be honest with you when I open up the show. I I don't know what I'm gonna say I stopped planning a long time ago. I just when I plan, I get nervous. A lot of people get nervous when they don't plan. When I plan, I get nervous, I get anxious. I don't like it. I want to go on blind, Flying Blind, And I started out talking about the fact that Trump obviously, ay, he's got Canada and Mexico talking to him, but I still don't think ten thousand Mexican soldiers are going to stop the drugs. We have been a society addicted to some sort of chemical forever and it's never going to change, all right. Maybe Gary and Woolburn will talk me off the ledge about that. Let's see if I can get this computer work. Gary, you're up on wbz's Nightside.
Speaker 3: Well, I definitely am a big Trump fan, and I'm not going to argue with you and so forth. But I want to say one thing.
Speaker 4: You just said.
Speaker 3: Something was so interesting. Basically you had an expression wing it wig wing it, and I got to give you credit for that. You're just going on your own merit of what's on your mind right now to give the credit. Now, couple things, Were you a Biden fan?
Speaker 1: No, I haven't been a fan of anybody, to be honest with you, No, I'm not a Biden fan. I'm not a Trump fan just because of his behavior. Just there's gotta be some decorum with the presidency. So I'm just not I wasn't a fan of either one, quite honestly.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, let me give you three things in a defensive you and myself. What I don't like about Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: Three.
Speaker 3: Well, the combination of the arrogance and bad behavior is that it all rolls into one number two. I still to this day it irritates the heck guy of me. I'm sixty one years of age, that he made fun of John McKeen when he was dead to say he wasn't a national hero.
Speaker 1: Gary, Absolutely, I mean, there's no doubt in what you're saying. It's just it's appalling, it's disgusting. But yet he won the presidential election handily. He wanted handly. I mean he wanted going on. I mean, I don't know about going away, but listen, he won both votes. All right, Gary, thanks for the phone call. I appreciate it. All right. John Keller's going to join us right now from CBS Boston. John how you doing tonight.
Speaker 4: I'm good Gary. My apologies for being late.
Speaker 5: John.
Speaker 1: You never have to apologize to me. I just open up the mic at like eight oh seven and start talking. I really don't care at this point in time. I don't plan for anything. I just said, yeah, I just can't.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm saying makes sense. But I don't know about you. But people used to say to me, do you plan? I go. I gotta be honest with you. If I plan, I get nervous. I do I get nervous.
Speaker 4: That's the way to go.
Speaker 5: Let it rip.
Speaker 1: All right, So John, thanks for coming on. We're gonna you know, we're gonna talk about the mayoral race here in Boston. But the whole thing now, I just want to kicking things off with Trump. You know, I wasn't thrilled with either candidate, and just the way you know, President Trump behaves, he just strives me nuts. But man, he's got him coming to the table. Twenty five percent for Canada, twenty five percent for Mexico, and now they're talking. And now Mexico says they're going to send ten thousand troops to the border to stop the drug trade. I think stopping the drug trade is impossible. But I'm a pestimate pessimist when it comes to that. What do you think about Trump's negotiating so far?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I want to see the end result of the negotiation.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I think most voters are not, you know, kind of hanging on the daily news cycle about this or anything else. They want to see how this is going to affect them and their cause of living and their quality of life, and what we get is it as a country. I mean, I certainly Trump supporters above maybe all other voters are attuned to the idea of politicians not exactly telling the truth about what's going on or engaging in performance art. Is that what's going on right now with Mexico and Canada is some sort of elaborate performance art where Trump saber rattles and they rattle their sabers back, and oh, they're moving troops to the border. Well what does that really mean? So I think it's wait and see.
Speaker 1: I'm just pessimistic when it comes to the drug war. I believe the cartels are in Mexico. When I take a look at drugs, I take a look at everything. I just feel as a society, not just the United States, but the world since Caven could chew roots. I mean, there's been some sort of form of chemical pendency and some there's self medication, and I just you know, to me, it's it's prevention, it's it's I mean, it's just like a fire will never be able to put out, and I don't know if even ten thousand soldiers at the border will stop it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, the drug war, what it's been going on for decades. The failure of the immigration system and the failures of the border I've been going on for decades, right right, So you know, these are tough situations. And I guarantee you neither Donald Trump nor anyone else is waving any magic wand solving any of these problems.
Speaker 1: Oh no, there's no doubt. But you know something, John, I wonder both of them are massive problems. We understand that. I mean, Trump just acts like he's gonna, you know, in one fell swoop everything. Which it's unbelievable that he got elected because he talked about building a wall to I mean, he talks about doing things all the time and they never come true. But we still elected him, which I blame. I mean, I'm a registered Democrat. I did not vote for him, but I you know, I blame the Democrats because if you couldn't beat this guy, what the hell are you doing?
Speaker 4: Well? I would say this again. You know, people in the end want to see results. That was a big problem for Joe Biden, no doubt when it came to getting inflation under control and food prices. And now it's Trump's problem. We'll see how it works out for him. But you know, give Trump credit as a shrewd campaigner and political figure, and he identifies the biggest areas of discontent and then promises to take action on them in a way that drastically different from the way it's being tried now. So people think that status quo under Biden is a failure, you bet they're going to be open to something dramatically different. So, you know, I think a lot of the reason why Biden beat Trump in twenty twenty, and by the way he did beat him. Okay, let's yeah that yeah, we agree on that, is that people felt that Trump hadn't delivered on a lot of his promises. You mentioned one, you know, dealing with the border. Remember how COVID was going to be over by Eastern. So broken promises are poison for a political figure. And I don't think in the end, don't Trumps any exception to that. But it's what is it week three? So the jury's out?
Speaker 1: What do you think of Musk? I'm just opening that question up. I'm just gonna let you.
Speaker 4: I you know, I have a bad attitude about them.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine.
Speaker 4: Why starting with and I know the obviously judging from the sales figures over the years, although they're not doing that great lately. People love the Tesla. Tesla certainly revolutionized the auto industry extent. But every time I see one of those things, what is it called the new Tesla's that look like little mini tanks?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I hate them.
Speaker 4: What do they call them?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 5: There's a name for it.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm like, don't worry about it, John, it's not important. We all know what they look like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just laughed out loud.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: I mean, they look so dumb, and apparently you can't get them clean for some reason. They come out of the factory and the finish is all rough on them. You can't get them all.
Speaker 1: Oh, they look gross. It looks like something out of a junk yard. Oh no, yeah, I know it's the uh lucium. Oh the god, I can't even read it. They have the what the heck it look like? No, I'm looking at it right now. And the way they have it written on the website here, I'm trying to figure out it's the they have it in some fan the range extender. What it's called something like that, the range extend Yeah, I I don't. I don't know why anybody would drive one. I really don't. It's not it can, but it cannot be. It cannot be a magnet of the opposite sex or of the sex you are attempting to attract.
Speaker 4: Oh well, now now we're starting to get into like a scene from one of your novels. Get you know, I'm a grandfather here. Please don't drag me into this.
Speaker 1: Thank you, first of all, thank you for reading it. I appreciate that. But but so this whole thing today, like with USA, must comes in and he shuts this down or says he's going to shut it down. I mean, this guy's just running rampant. What do you how long is he going to last? Will Trump get tired? Of him like he does all his friends.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, that's that's a fair question. And uh, I think the fact that he's moving so fast it maybe kicks you off as to what must himself thinks his shelf life is going to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, right, trying.
Speaker 4: To just sort of you know, break as much furniture and glassware as he can. And there's short a period of time. And look, uh you know that was.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm not endorsing anything that's going on now. I don't think by saying, you know, this is what they promised to do, this is what Trump promised, So I don't understand why anyone would be surprised. You know, there's a lot of handwringing about the site of a completely I don't like a guy who's not even a sworn civil servant, right, he's sort of this he has some kind of weird status that's not the normal. He's not a normal government employee. Let's look at that, not at all. And he has no restraints on him apparently, and that's a little bit scary. I don't think in their sober moments, people want anyone to have that kind of power over us.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, Can you hang on for one more segment. Sure, okay, John Keller's with us from CBS Boston. I do want to get into the mayor race here in Boston as well. We'll talk a little more Trump, and we still have calls to get to. We will do that guys, towards the top of the hour right here on the Dan Ray Show on Night Side. I'm Gary Tangley. We'll be right back night with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news Radio. Right Gary Tank for Dan Ray. John Keller's with CBS Boston. John, thanks again for joining us getting back to this. Did you see the movie of The Apprentice?
Speaker 4: Uh, the recent one, the dramatization. No, I haven't seen it yet. Is it good?
Speaker 1: You have to watch dude, it's I don't It's entertainment. You have to watch it. Okay. Look, I'm not saying you should be Harvard should not use this like for any for anything in your class. But I'll tell you this. I think it does explain Trump, and I think the acting is great in it, which I love. But as you see Trump mature in the movie, he's been lying his whole life, that's it. He's been like what he's doing now. He's been doing for forty years. But he just did it in business, So why stop now, you know. That's that's the thing, Like, this isn't new to him. This is how he's done it. This has been his playbook from day one. That's what I think.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward to seeing it. And by the way, you know, just because it's Harvard doesn't mean it isn't trashy.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, but he Donald Trump, whatever else you might want to say about him, is one of, if not the most brilliant self marketer of his generation. But he's I think that's point. After what he just pulled off, you have to say he has, if not the best, one of the best understandings of American politics, how it interacts with the culture, and how to exploit and manipulate it. I don't think it's unreasonable or unfair to call him a genius at that. And you know, the proof is right there, you know, in the election results. So that may be a dismaying or demoralizing fact, but I think it's a fact. So yes, you're right. I mean, it's funny, Gary, I got interested in Trump way back in the eighties when he was just getting up ahead of steam in Manhattan real estate. I used to read Spy Magazine, Remember Spy Magazine and Trump. It was this snarky magazine that sort of closely followed the cummings and goings of New York celebrities, and Trump certainly set the bill. They after a while settled on a stock phrase. Every time his name would be mentioned in the magazine, it would be preceded by the words short fingered, vulgarian Donald Trump, and that every reference, month after month, year after year. Anyway, I got interested in Trump, and I read pretty much every biography about him that I could get my hands on, and yeah, you know, everything his critics say about him is true, and everything that is fans admire about him, or at least what makes him an effective paul is also true and is brilliant in its own way. Call it diapa if you want, but I think we've got to recognize from that standpoint what's going on here. It's a phenomenon.
Speaker 1: Well, have a glass of wine, your favorite beverage, however you choose to medicate or maybe you don't, and watch the movie and just realize it's a movie. But the acting's great. I mean, it's it's great switching gears here. Let's talk about the May race. Full disclosure. I worked with the Crafts. I like the Crafts. I've had coffee with Josh Kraft. I like them. I have not met Michelle Wou. I do not live in Boston, so I'm not voting here. I find this very interesting that and it's been documented. I mean, Josh had donated to Wo's campaign in the past, and I don't believe she's committed yet to run, but maybe that's just a technicality. Are you surprised that these two will oppose each other.
Speaker 2: A little bit?
Speaker 4: I mean, first of all, I don't know very much yet about Josh Crap. I've never met him. I'm actually gonna sit down and do an interview with him later on this week.
Speaker 1: Something you'll enjoy it. I mean, look, I'm not I'm just looking. I'm gonna tell him you will enjoy the conversation. I mean, he's probably the smartest of them all. I mean they're all very bright. Robert was very big, Robert and Meyer are very big on education. He's probably the smartest of all those sons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, so you know, I'm glad that there's gonna be a race. It's depressing when an important job like mayor of Boston goes uncontested, no matter no matter how good the incumbent is. So that's a good thing. Like I say, I don't really know him. I have followed Michelle Who's career, and I would say two things about this race right A, is it as it gets going, if in fact it's gonna go, And that is that she's not invulnerable. There are some weaknesses there, and judging from the announcement video that Josh Craft released, he understands what they are and is going to talk about them. And the other thing to know about this race is that it's going to be a real uphill battle for Josh Craft or anyone else because Michelle Wu is a really really good retail politician with a strong, well cultivated base of support and political machine within the city. And they're, you know, whatever the ups and downs of the Wu years, and there have been plenty of them, they're not going to roll over and watch her get swept out. And I'm not sure yet if there's enough anti Humban's sentiment, unhappiness, anxiety within the Boston electorate to sweep her out. I think that remains to be seen.
Speaker 1: Well, that's fine. That's why I found it interesting that Josh ran I think that this is just my read on the situation because I've covered the Patriots forever and I know that look what he's done for the Boys and Girls Club, it's well documented. I've talked to people that have worked with him, and I'm not campaigning for either one. Look, she's obviously people like her. She seems to be a very nice lady. The thing about like Josh is he's like a billionaire that does all this charity work. And I don't know if people can wrap their heads around that, you know what I mean. I mean, he's his mother's son. So like the fact that he is a billion I mean, he comes from a billionaire family. Even though he's very charitable and he's very civic minded, I don't know if the money background.
Speaker 4: Hurts well, you know, listen, the fact that you're wealthy doesn't always compromise your chances in Massachusetts politics. That seems to recall Mitt Romney, You're nowhere and did very well for himself. Bill Weld didn't have to worry about where his next meal was coming from and so forth. So and you know, if you go back far enough, you know Roosevelt and the Salton stalls and on and on. So you know, how he's able to tell his story is going to matter. It certainly is an interesting twist that in a way he's running to be at least in part, the candidate of Bostonians of color. I mean, most of his charity work, certainly, not all, but most of it has been with the black community in Boston as head of the Urban League. All the boys and girls clubs, of course serve a diverse clientele. But and so here's this, you know, white guy from the suburbs who now lives in the city or at least has a voting residence there. And you know, it's just kind of an interesting twist. It'd be interesting to see how it goes over within the black community, which doesn't vote as a monolith as we keep seeing in every election, you got that, right, and how it plays city wide. But I'll tell you again, you know, the more I'm in this racket, Garry, the more I just kind of just believe in what the numbers are trying to tell you, the actual hard numbers. On voting day, I mean, Michelle Wu ran up vote totals in her life US two citywide runs for counselor at large that were amazing. It reminded me of the late Dapper O'Neill. The city councilor used to brag that they didn't count his votes. They weighed them, and they they had to weigh Michelle Who's votes. And she didn't do too badly in the mayor race four years ago when she was elected either, as I recall, she was right around sixty five percent of the vote. That's what you call a landslide. So you know that that tells you something. And I don't think that she's you know, neglected her voters over the last four years. Now they may well be among those voters were unhappy about certain things.
Speaker 1: Would at that would what would be about.
Speaker 4: The financial condition of the city, the looting of the budget at a time of of reduced budgets at the state level and at other levels. Her a number of things that have angered and upset the business community that kind of fattens up the golden goose that feeds the social services around here. I don't think a lot of people are happy with the city's aggressive pursuit of bike lanes everywhere, taking up parking and scrambling the mix of the neighborhoods. And also there's reasonablieve that there are significant numbers of voters who feel like this city hall takes my way or the highway approach and doesn't really listen to legitimate criticism, respond to legitimate concerns. And that's something as a mayor, you never want to be branded as arrogant. So those are issues that I think are real that she'll have to deal with. But she starts out as a heavy favorite. Gary, Josh Kraft or anyone else.
Speaker 1: John, you're the best. Thank you for taking the time. You're doing brilliant work as always CBS boss and political analyst and grandpa. And let me tell you, my friend, things are not slowing down for you.
Speaker 4: Well, don't you think a really good looking grandpa might make a good character for your next novel? Maybe in one of those those red hot scenes there, Gary, I can John, I can use my name, but everyone will know it's me.
Speaker 1: How do you look at a speedo?
Speaker 4: And on that note, please no need for those those miracle diet medications. Now everyone has an image to.
Speaker 1: Work with, all right, John Keller, thank you very much, buddy, I appreciate your time.
Speaker 4: Take care, Gary, thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you. He's the best. Uh just was starting. He was a sports guy for a while. John Keller. I like people who are really smart and not arrogant, and that's him. We're gonna grab some calls nine o'clock, gonna talk about the tariffs and what's going on with Trump. David Alcock's gonna join us, and how they're getting people to the table. We'll break that that for you. Coming up at nine on WBZ, we talk oscars. At ten o'clock with Odie Henderson of the Boston Globe. Sam Metler, all thanks politics with my moderate friend from the West Coast. If you're a moderate from LA that means everybody hates you. It's all coming up on Nightside on WBZ. Now back to Dan ray Mine from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio. Hey, welcome back Garyan for Dan tonight Day. Coming up a nine o'clock we will talk more about the tarrifs, terris terroriffts that Trump has been talking about and now it seems to be getting people to the negotiating table. So is his ploy working. David Elcott joins us business strategists to discuss. Thanks to my buddy John for coming on. It's always a pleasure to talk to him. CBS Bosson political analyst John Keller, it's the mayor race is going to be interesting, I think because Michelle Wolf seems very likable. As John mentioned, with any sitting politician, president, mayor senator, there's going to be issues, but she could be a tough out for Josh Kraft, who's a brilliant guy. I almost feel like, could they be co mayors? Would that work? Because I think I shut asked John this. I think they're kind of on the same page right with some things politically, both Democrats. I know Josh is very liberal, wants to help people stay tuned. I think it's I hope they have a debate because I think it'll be a great rate debate. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty Wally and Georgetown is on WBC's Night Side.
Speaker 2: Wally, what's up, Hey, Gary, I'll tell you. I'm I just feel terrific about what's happening in American politics now. For the first time in my lifetime, I see that it's not the fifty thousand watt blow touches. You know of radio broadcasting and TV four or five in seven forming the political opinions of most people. Now they can get it from X or Twitter, or from Joe Rogan or from any number.
Speaker 7: You're right, Let me just tell you why. Let me tell you why it's important because Elon Musz doesn't have any authority. He reports to the cabinet members and he reports to the President of the United States. So when he's maligned like he's he's doing something.
Speaker 5: Wrong or he's conniving on whatever, it's just not true. Just like when when you think about with those millions of dollars from the US Aid Agency that where it is just stolen from the American taxpayers and we're sick of it, and it's stolen, and it's filtered through the right people, and so much of that money gets recirculated back into the proper people in the DC zip code. If you know what I'm talking about, well, well I appreciate ul.
Speaker 1: We'll have to wait and see on that and know how that works out. But let's go to Theodore and marylist. I want to get you on the top of down. Hey, Theodore, what's up.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm listening to you. I'd like to make a correction in reference to what he was saying. He was saying, whether what Eli Musk is doing is right. It's not right. He is not he has does not have the authority. And I get Social Security, and a lot of millions of people up there in Massachusetts get social Security. He has my number, he has my address, he has my Social Security number, and he has all these millions of people, so scricty number. He walked into a government office. That's like a dictator, and Donald Trump is letting him. Donald Trump is not crazy. Donald Trump is just a man who loves money. He doesn't love people. He loves money. That's why he lets this guy do this. And it's against the law. Only Congress can shut down an agency that they created. But yet these people are walking into government offices and doing this. And I'm not a prophet. I'm not a New Testament or Old Testament prophet. But I'm gonna tell you all these people. We have one right wing radio down here laughing at people about to get thrown out of jobs. And people like mister Rogan and mister Bannon and all those right wing people, they got families, they got children, they got wives, and they're laughing at other people's discomfort and they're disrespecting people, and everybody on the street called it karma. It's going to come back around to the theater.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for the phone call. I have to break for news. I find what Musk is doing extremely odd. It's just strange, and I have to believe that our government will not let anything happen to us that would be that would hurt us. At the end of the day, I want to believe that. Coming up next Tariff's tarras Tarrace here on WBZ