Speaker 1: Come on, come on, come on now, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, Pee.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan, come on, guys, we're almost there.
Speaker 1: We're making it through this week together. The day before Friday. Yes, let us throwback.
Speaker 3: Thursday for us, So we're gonna have you voting all morning long. How about this rage against the machine? Take it on, Helmet, take it on, Rested Root, send me on my way.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm assuming it's that song throwback Thursday. This is the winning song will be played today at ninet thirty. I'd be voting all morning long. What are we doing before that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: The Birdman Scott going for win number three, fresh out of bad head to head challenge Hotly Suspect plays tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: Buy you music, Sena.
Speaker 3: We got a pear of tickets for you in home room on the fun Fact flashback nut Cracker market tickets at seven twenty. I need just sending me word suggestions all morning long for reading my lips. We play at eight twenty this morning. Tessa takes on the and a chill. He's got five wins man.
Speaker 1: It's his biggest year yet.
Speaker 3: Five wins on the season. Can he win you those Chelsea Handler tickets will play at eight twenty this morning. Alternative income. Jeremy had a winner yesterday. Somebody won one thousand dollars listening to Big Jeremy Benson.
Speaker 1: After we leave, I'd like a winner. I'm like one of you guys to win while we're on the air.
Speaker 3: We'll give you a chance at nine to ten today to text to win that thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Alternative income. I'll leave you with Monster.
Speaker 3: Jam tickets and four pack of tickets with Pitt passes mostly Sunny Skys.
Speaker 1: Percent chance of rain high of eighty two. Good morning, Tessa Winter.
Speaker 5: Houston headlines, Hey, good morning Rod, and good morning home room. So, with the race for president called early yesterday in favor of Donald Trump, Vice President Kamala Harris addressed her supporters yesterday afternoon. So she did speak at Howard University, and in her speech she acknowledged her supporters, we're feeling and experiencing a range of emotions right now, but stress that Democrats had to accept the results of the election in the name of democracy. Also, in addition to a call from Harris conceding President elect Trump also received a call from President Joe Biden yesterday afternoon, during which Biden reportedly congratulated him on his win and offered him an invitation to the White House to discuss a peaceful transfer of power.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Hurricane Raphael.
Speaker 5: Is expected to make its way into the Golf of Mexico today as a category two storm. Rafael made landfall as a Category three on Wednesday afternoon in western Cuba. The storm continues west into the golf cooler waters in a high speed, high wind shear could continue to weaken it. The National Hurricane Center Rafael will be reduced to a tropical storm status by the weekend. The storm doesn't really pose a threat to the Texas Gulf Coast at this time. The new relationship hack in twenty twenty four is chat GPT. Younger couples are using it to officiate their arguments and help them win fights.
Speaker 1: So you see you feed at the details of.
Speaker 5: Your argument along with each person's stands now idea is it's a robot, so it's got to stay neutral, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know this. Twenty five year old guy went on to Reddit and.
Speaker 5: Was like, my girlfriend will pause a fight, go to another room, ask chat gpt about it, and come back with a well constructed argument, breaking down everything he said or did. He doesn't think it's fair. He asked her to stop, but then she ran through it. She ran through chat. Gptcha problems, stop doing chat. GBT says, he's just being insecured. He's just being insecure, Okay, just like during the pandemic, yesterday was a point where a lot of people could use a reset, a breather, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 1: Mental health day.
Speaker 5: But just like during the pandemic, Steve Burns, the original host of Blues Clues, was the hero that a lot.
Speaker 1: Of people needed.
Speaker 5: He posted a TikTok drinking a cup of coffee outside and birds were seen in the distance, and he's like, you know, anyone who's having trouble dealing with the outcome of the election. He really really just tried to be there for people who needed him. Elmo checking on people, Ted Nugent on the other end of the spectrum, thanking God for Donald Trump's victory. So he had a lot of celebrities chiming in on their thoughts of the election. Billy Corgan thinks he's being snubbed on the Greatest Guitar Player List. There's a lot of people who pretend to be to play guitar, says Billy. He says, I certainly have no problem believing on better than a lot of them. You can read this full article on the music Bug page.
Speaker 1: Those are just in headlines.
Speaker 3: I never seen a guy so famous so hungry for recognition.
Speaker 1: It's crazy to me. He doesn't want who.
Speaker 6: Wants to distinguished himself from Bill Burr. People think he's Kilbert.
Speaker 1: I could be it.
Speaker 3: He's quoted as saying, you know, back in the day, there was Kurt Cobain and me. Once Kurt was gone, there was nobody out there was challenge. Els was saying that dude just him. Yeah, it's just him. He's just not saying he's not good. But I'd never also heard that.
Speaker 1: Like we think you're awesome, dude. But yeah, like he just wants to be recognized more than he already is. It's nuts to me what you got over there. The Rockets gotta win.
Speaker 7: Last night they beat the Spurs one twenty seven to one hundred. Suck Itt Win, Minyama, Jalen Green, Yeah, Fred Van Bliet each had twenty one points in the night to lead all players scoring.
Speaker 1: Neither one of them.
Speaker 6: Was the number one overall pick in the draft, So kind of a bust move for Victor wim Minyama not to leave everybody in the scoring. Rockets have won four of their last five of a day off today before they play the Thunder on the road tomorrow night on Thursday Night Football. We got a pretty good game tonight, Lamar Jackson in the Ravens host Joe Burrow and the Bengals.
Speaker 1: Ravens come into this is five and a half point favorites.
Speaker 6: Kickoff is at seven fifteen and you can watch it on Prime Video and some Texans news. Wide receiver Nico Collins looks good to go for Sunday Night's game against the Lions. He's missed the team's last four games with a hamstring injury. He suffed against the Bills and Sexans could definitely use him with Stefan Diggs out for the year. Sure, so good to have Nico back on the Texans this coming Sunday.
Speaker 1: That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: He sounds spicy. Why yeah, I'm glad you're not playing.
Speaker 1: I don't feel spicy. I am stoked I'm not playing. Read my lips. You have swipe up I'm excited about that. People want to throw out a listen live link on Instagram story. Consider it done, pal, Thanks Bro, he's only time keeping today. I think we're I think we're all better off. It's gonna be a great day. Alright, let's go. Who wants the first phone call?
Speaker 3: Come get it? Seven one, three, two two. The most interactive show on the radio.
Speaker 1: You know it's this one ninety four five the bus, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. We are off and running. That's Lincoln Park, I'm rod Ryan. That's Tessa, that's Alex Chili over there in the Chili Bowl, and that's nobody calling. Did I not ask?
Speaker 8: God?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait wait wait?
Speaker 1: Did I not ask for a first phone call today? Stood?
Speaker 3: It is understood, but I don't did I specifically ask, because I know I asked you to put up an Instagram story about listening live today to our Thursday show.
Speaker 1: I said you were I said you were spicy. I think you may have you've may have thrown me off a little bit. I don't know that I asked. It's your fault.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I asked specifically for the first phone call. But I would love the first phone call this morning. Don't get me wrong, I've got plenty to talk about, but I would always.
Speaker 1: Love to get that first phone call.
Speaker 3: The reason I do the first phone call and seven one, three, two, two, nine four five, there's a reason for everything. Nothing is thrown together, nothing is just like, oh okay, just to kill some time. None of that exists, not in my world anyways. The first phone call exists because I want this to sound like a house party and want to make sure that you guys know that the door is open. When you hear that first person on the air with us, that first phone call, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, I can get on. I can I play with what they're doing on the air. Yes, you sure can. So that's why I felt it was very very important.
Speaker 3: Plus, you know me, I have that thing like I do view this as throwing a party every day, and I have that fear of nobody showing up to the party that goes with all my parties at the house, any party at all, any function we do. Anytime I tell you I'm going to be somewhere, my fear is that nobody shows up. I know people are coming, but I just I just don't know, Like what is yeah, yeah, Yeah. So that's the thing too. With the first phone call. It really does ease my mind. If I hear one of your voices, I at least think that there's I'm talking to at least one person in the morning, and that that eases my I don't know neurosis.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what it is.
Speaker 3: Scott the Birdman, he'll be on with us shortly. He's going for win number three, fresh out of BedHead to head challenge. Chili puts some concert tickets in there, highly suspect tickets. Wow, lots of concert tickets in homeroom this morning, highly suspect tickets.
Speaker 1: They're playing tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: We have tickets for the person that can recall yesterday's fun fact flashback. That'll be closer to a round. I don't know, six thirty five, six forty in that area. Nutcracker Market tickets coming your way at seven twenty.
Speaker 1: Boy, that's just around the corner. Next the next weekend, I see read my lips. Testa takes on the Chile. Testa has fifteen wins on the year, Chili coming on strong with five. It's his strongest year ever.
Speaker 3: They're gonna try to win you some Chelsea Handler tickets, and then we'll leave you with some Monster Jam tickets.
Speaker 1: All right, lots of phone lines ringing.
Speaker 8: Look, it's not time for the first.
Speaker 1: Phone call of the day, all right, Jessica, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, even if you're the only listener, I just I at least.
Speaker 1: Know that you're there. Thank you for being a part of homeroom. How are you?
Speaker 9: I'm good?
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 1: I don't know, panicking for some reason. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Did I did you hear the first Houston headlines and Alex doing the sports?
Speaker 1: Did you hear that part of the show.
Speaker 9: I did not get scared that part of the show.
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I specifically said, hey, I'm looking for that first phone call, but it leads me to believe with nobody calling, now, everybody's calling. But I feel like maybe I didn't say that, but I'm glad you called.
Speaker 9: Oh you did say that. I caught the last, like the last few seconds of you saying that, and that's when I decided call.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, first phone call the day, Jessica, you have the first phone call of the day. Can we talk about something together? What would you, I mean, can we just can we just kind of like, you know, can we just kind of jib jab a little back and forth?
Speaker 9: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Okay, what would you like to talk about?
Speaker 9: Well, I mean it was pretty much on everybody's mind right now. Is this election?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It is.
Speaker 9: I mean it is.
Speaker 1: We're one day removed from it, and I'm telling you, I like every day that we get removed from it, I'd like to just I don't want to bury my head in the sand. I'm not like that at all, Jessica. It's just it was they was so polarizing. Yesterday.
Speaker 3: I told people to have a nice day and I hope everybody has a good day. And I was criticized for saying that from somebody that was not happy yesterday. They thought I sounded a little too happy on the air. I guess I don't know. I'd like to remove myself from that time period. The election time is tough for what we do, trying to run right down the middle of the road and not try to take sides and just try to keep it light tight and right.
Speaker 1: It's hard. It's hard. Everyone's just so sensitive right now, and.
Speaker 9: Especially because this year would have been a history changing year.
Speaker 1: Can you say that about every election? Can you?
Speaker 9: Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, pretty much? I think you can.
Speaker 6: It was it was the second time that somebody won non consecutive.
Speaker 1: Terms, right, yeah, I mean that was historical.
Speaker 3: You know, nobody's done that in the nineteen hundreds, even I think it was eighteen hundred that somebody ran non success.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Woodrow Wilson sounds right. Maybe, I don't even know. Over Cleveland. They're all important, they're all big, they're all.
Speaker 9: Huge, They've all made their mark on history.
Speaker 1: They sure have. Just I'm so glad you got through today. What do you what do you war?
Speaker 11: Are you up?
Speaker 1: Are you going to work? I?
Speaker 9: Well, my family has one vehicle, so I have to drop my husband off at work first, head back home, and then get our kidoes ready for school, and then I will be taking them to school once they're ready to go.
Speaker 3: Damn, you got a busy day. And that's that's an every day that's an everyday thing for you.
Speaker 1: That's your routine, every every day thing.
Speaker 9: My routine where I'm up at five point thirty, we're on the road and getting our morning started.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's awesome. Well, listen, I'm glad you called. Thank you, you helped me out. You've basically you know, you talked.
Speaker 1: Me off the ledge.
Speaker 3: Someone's out there listening. That's that's great news, Jessica. Thanks for getting started today.
Speaker 9: Thank you for allowing me to be the first phone call. Yeah, you're my first time and it totally made my day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's good.
Speaker 3: This is good energy. Thank you, Thank you, Jessica. It's great energy to start the show off. Let's take a short break. When we come back in a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we get set up for the fresh out of bad head to head challenge you rock and Alter.
Speaker 8: The Rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, brod Ryan Show. Throwback Thursday. We got to talk about that today. Fix the gram Thursday. Links and guests.
Speaker 1: You're looking at girls blog Page's awesome food blog page? Is there a food blog page? I don't remember. There's a crazy criminal blog page for sure. That's a good one twenty percent chance of ring. Partly cloudy pies up around eighty six today. What's trending?
Speaker 5: I guess YouTuber Jake Paul Mike Tyson were asked to make another rule change.
Speaker 1: YouTuber Jake Paul and Mike.
Speaker 5: Tyson are set to fight in about a week, and now they're being urged to make another huge rule change to the fight to show they're not in cahoots over the album, over the outcome.
Speaker 3: This is a real fight, Alex. I mean, I don't know how you answer that question. But is it a real fight?
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 6: I think it is, but it's like a real not real fight.
Speaker 1: I mean, you got Mike Tyson.
Speaker 6: Who's in his fifties, in his fifties still kill a guy, and then you got the Paul brother.
Speaker 1: It's like, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 5: So the fight has already seen some rule changes. It'll be two minute rounds instead of three minute rounds. There won't be any headguards.
Speaker 1: Oh and there's no punching.
Speaker 5: Knockdowns will be allowed, and both have to use fourteen ounce gloves.
Speaker 1: So here's how you can tell it, Chili is it? Do you take this seriously? Not seriously? But is it even worth the roadside attraction? Is it worth it?
Speaker 8: Is?
Speaker 3: I know it's not a real fight, Chili is it? How how not real is this fight?
Speaker 13: You know, this fight's been on and off for like the past two years, so I've lost interest in it. I would love to see one of the Logan brothers get knocked out, but Tyson, I mean, Tyson's putting his health at risk, his life at risk. Yeah, so I don't think I would want to see Mike Tyson go down, you know, or something like that.
Speaker 1: So but I think I really really want to watch it.
Speaker 13: I mean, that's how it is. It's just it's just one of those things. So people just want to watch somebody get hurt, you know. But it's not considered like it's not a sanctioned by the Boxing Comittee or anything like that.
Speaker 1: That much, I know. But if it's, if it's I don't want it to look like the Pro Bowl, you know, I don't think it will.
Speaker 13: I just think it's not gonna be I think it's going to be more like an exhibition fight like Mayweather fights when he was fighting Connor McGregor.
Speaker 1: But if they're standing up there throwing marshmallows at each other, then I'm gonna be pissed.
Speaker 13: Well, the fights on Netflix, so I'm I mean, it's not like you were pending pay per view money.
Speaker 1: That's true, Okay, what else?
Speaker 5: I'm also the host for SNL this weekend is going to be Bill Burr and there's a trailer that drop. People are talking about it and it's so funny because they're talking about the election like he's he's in backstage at SNL. They're like, yeah, I can't believe, and then like a blender will start worrying, and so it's a one and everyone in the commis is like, who Burt is the exact person we need post election to host the show.
Speaker 3: Chapel's done at the last two elections, and it was interesting that they went with Burrow this time.
Speaker 5: There's also episode titles for Stranger Things season five that came out. We're going to talk about that the next headlines. But a lot of people are very excited about the Stranger Things season five.
Speaker 1: So that's us trending on ninety four five Buzz, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 14: It's got your fresh out of bed at two Day Champions No one pump jump here, but whatever, time to focus on the next game. Join me on Thursday when I make it, win the Mercury and get one step closer to the ott.
Speaker 3: Is seven one three two one two, five, nine four five. If you think you could beat this.
Speaker 8: Dude, The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, The.
Speaker 1: Bus okay, ninety four five, The Buzz that's Green Day and Dilemma. Rod Ryan Show six twenty seven. It's Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 3: I hope you get some time to get over to the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com and uh give us a little vote on Uh. There's some rock and tunes in there today. I am excited. I'm excited about all three songs.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to play song clips today and talk a little bit about the music that you'll be voting on this morning.
Speaker 3: Winning song played at nine thirty got a twenty percent chance of rain Party Cloudy Skuy's high of eighty six.
Speaker 1: Let's play a game and now each time for the fresh out of bed Head to head Challenge, Listeners to your corners. The Birdman Scotty Knows. Good morning, Hey Scott, how are you doing great? You're a two I'm Hall of Famer right. We just put a two time Hall of Famer, made him a three time Hall of Famer. He's in the Tournament of Champions. Now you're looking for that same thing yet's keep trying going.
Speaker 3: Alex wants sixteen people in his brackets to make it easy.
Speaker 14: Fre get it out.
Speaker 3: I think you're gonna have to go to your little bag of drops over there.
Speaker 1: All right, we got is this? Matt Matt Matt your sir, Oh boy, heard me?
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 1: I don't want Matt Matt Matt. When was the last time you played? Well, it's been a while.
Speaker 15: I think Tournament Champions in twenty twenty two. I didn't even play all year last year.
Speaker 1: Yes, hang on a second, wait, dope, don't hang on. Matt Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt mat mad Meal met me a meal. I feel like we'd had like ten matts on but not og. Yeah, they're like, no, I'm not Matt Matt Matt.
Speaker 3: Matt has not played since the Tournament Champions in twenty twenty two. Matt, Matt, Matt, this is your one shot to get back into that tournament.
Speaker 1: Bro. I know you know that that's it.
Speaker 3: What do you think the difference is? Dude, you used to play all the time. What's going on?
Speaker 15: I don't know, man, It's harder to get in Honestly, last year, I didn't call us much because I won that suburb Summer Sizzler, and I figured I didn't want.
Speaker 1: To be brief, so I got I won the sizzler too.
Speaker 3: He's like rules at Rob Ryan Show Games. Yeah, all right, Scotty. The Birdman's pretty good too, Matt. How many times in the hall?
Speaker 4: Eight times?
Speaker 16: What?
Speaker 1: It's a lot? Shout out your name when you think you know the answer?
Speaker 3: Birdman, Scott me meet me out here we go?
Speaker 1: Question number one about your name? What eating holidays at the end of this month? Mat Clean, Matt, Thanksgiving, Matt Man m correct answer, Scott Matt.
Speaker 3: What former Star Trek actor actually went to space Man?
Speaker 1: Birdman?
Speaker 14: William Shatner?
Speaker 1: It's correct answer. We got a game here, We got a game here. I forgot William Shatner went up there. It's exciting. It was in those first like the select who did Straighthan Straighthan went up like?
Speaker 3: But it was like the third one, who did Shatner go in the first one with Bezos?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think so? All right, I like this game. It's I like this game, Scott Matt for the win. What do you wear around your waist to hold your pants up? Scott Birdman. My Belle correct answer.
Speaker 6: Very good game, brother.
Speaker 5: My question was written by how Oh Hal wrote that hell good job the Birdman.
Speaker 1: Thanks you for that, Matt Man. Matt hates you for that question, apparently all right, Matt, Matt, Matt, good to have you on, daddy O.
Speaker 10: Thank you brother.
Speaker 1: All right, that's.
Speaker 3: A Birdman taking out an eight time Hall of Famer. I think he wants it. I think he wants it. Scott, that's win number three. You want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 17: Yep, great game, Ryan celebrating twenty years on the Buzz, twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us have ever met.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, ninety four, ninety four or five to the Buzz Rob Ryan Show on this.
Speaker 3: Throw back Thursday. I haven't looked at the voting yet. I think we'll do song clips after seven o'clock this morning, maybe before we give away those Nutcracker Market tickets next hour.
Speaker 1: Read my lips.
Speaker 3: I got a bunch of words already that I'm pretty confident that they're going to be good and great during the game. Keep sending me your word suggestions. Testa takes on Chile. It doesn't matter who's playing. You shouldn't have to think, Oh, Chile's playing, I gotta send you some dirty words. He doesn't need any help. Okay, he doesn't need any help. You can send in French toast. He'll say something dirty. Don't worry about it, okay, don't.
Speaker 1: Don't.
Speaker 3: Don't feel like you got a cater to. Who's playing the game, all right?
Speaker 1: Twenty percent chance of rain today partly cloudy high of eighty six Champion the French shout of bed head to head, chut ange, here's your current champion.
Speaker 14: And everybody it's got your fresh out of bed head to head three day champion, got three winds down toward my third time in the hall. Thanks Hal joining me on free beer Friday when I make a win number four and keep this train rolling into the weekend.
Speaker 1: Kause Scotty knows bitches. Yeah, that was Captain Cash. You came up with that. That was your belt question. That was my well, that was my first choice of questions. But that's the one you chose. Yes, I thought it was good. Oh, I mean, Scott, he liked it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Matt, Matt, Matt will ever talk to you again if he sees you out.
Speaker 16: Oh he done.
Speaker 1: He never really did the confidence boost that the Birdman has right now taking out an a time Hall of Famer. Come on, I mean, there's no stopping him, right, there's no stopping him. Like, Okay, we're gonna get to some highly suspect tickets, but first, it's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 18: We make you look smart and funny here, buddy, it's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 1: I've been sitting on this one. I don't know. He got away from me and then I never chucked it.
Speaker 3: It's Monday, but I think it's still a pretty fun fact. Monday something turned one hundred and forty five years old, not someone something. The year was eighteen seventy nine, and Ohio bar owner Jay Riddy invented something.
Speaker 1: He invented the cash register to stop bartenders from pocketing his profits. Hell as old as time, it's never helped. It's never helped.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, that was the That's the reason we have cash registers because of skimming from the till.
Speaker 1: You know where I learned that, tell me roadhouse simming from the skimming from the till. Yeah, yeah, yeah, That's why I always had.
Speaker 3: A no nonsense cooler around so that nobody was skimming from the till his name was Dalton.
Speaker 1: They made a movie about it.
Speaker 3: The name Dorito is a contraction of the Spanish word doradido That is fun who, yeah, doradido, which roughly means little fried and golden thing or little bits of gold. It's also translates to that. So now you know what dorito means.
Speaker 1: Mhmmlious.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: Maybe you were stress eating yesterday. A lot of people explain to me they were stressed out yesterday. There's a German word specifically for the weight you gain from overeating when you are stressed and depressed.
Speaker 1: The word is.
Speaker 3: Commer spec commer speck. It literally translates to grief bacon fu.
Speaker 1: That's of the day. We make you look smart the day I thought those were strong? Today? Are you bacon grief bacon? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 1: What you got there over there for a price?
Speaker 5: Highly suspect tickets they're playing this Friday by U Music Center.
Speaker 1: Okay, we learned.
Speaker 3: This product was created in nineteen sixty five on a on a university campus, and.
Speaker 1: It was kind of named after the school's nickname.
Speaker 3: Water sodium sugar, potassium phosphate, real lemon juice. What is the product I'm talking about seven one three, two, one two five nine four five. Time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash there he is, uh, freshout of bed, head to head questionnaire and money.
Speaker 1: Guru, what you got? How do we do on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 3: Because it was a I mean, it was a wild day. Early on we saw future numbers that we had never seen before.
Speaker 1: We hadn't seen it in a long time, that's right.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: And the results were in.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 19: The Dow was up one thousand, five hundred and eight points. Kick off this morning at forty three thousand seven to twenty nine NASDA Cup five hundred and forty four to eighteen thousand, nine eighty three benchmark ten year treasuries at a four point four five percent oil STANDSUS seventy dollars eighty five cents of barrow to the must act as the big studs Goldman, Sachs, Chase, and Caterpillar, the big duds Nike Home Depot, and Procter and Gamble. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on wholesale inventories also at consumer credit for September. Right now, futures they're on the upside, hang on to This would be a pousital opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm out here. This is Highland managed to director wood Ram James Port for The Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 19: From Amy James on Saint fleep and thin gusted enough for get toys a rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 20: Famian's expressed are those of helland and not necessarily those are Raymon James and Associates. Income Ever, nac AS, IBC, IARNT Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmiss We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security referred to. Your use program is for educational and informational services on the studs of duds are based on movement as reported by Yah.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz. Welcome back Rod Ryan Show. Sorry I was over here getting words ready for reading my lips. You guys are killing it this morning. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Keep emailing me directly Rod at the Buzz dot com if you think you got a great word or a bunch of words that you want to suggest we use for today's game at a twenty right now, get your fun back, Roberts, good morning, good lord.
Speaker 1: It welcome to the show. How are you today, man?
Speaker 9: I am much as better now.
Speaker 1: Great having you on, great having you on this product.
Speaker 3: And I kind of gave it away because it was a beverage mixture of water, sodium, sugar, potassium phosphate, and real lemagures. It was created in nineteen sixty five on a university campus.
Speaker 1: What is the product, gata Rade Florida Gators.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's your University of Florida can Congratulations.
Speaker 1: What is Robert getting?
Speaker 5: You get the highly suspect tickets, dude, they'll be they're playing Friday night. Congrats man, Thank you man, thank us so much pleasure.
Speaker 16: Bro.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: We've only had a couple of you on the air so far today that first phone caller, Robert, your energy has been awesome today.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm feeding off of it like I'm like.
Speaker 9: A ma Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's like me, I'm like a vampire.
Speaker 3: When you guys call in with that great energy, man, it fuels me for sure.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: Have an awesome day, man, and have a great time at that show tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yes, man, let's go. Oh yeah, let's go. Let's go. There's breaking. Benjamin in a Diary of Change ninety four, fought the Buzz. Wakey, wakey, already, hands off those cup cakes.
Speaker 3: You're missing everything pretty good, homeroom sessh. Thank you, guys. I got some nut Backer Market tickets coming up for you closer to around seven to twenty.
Speaker 1: Read my lips. I'm ready to go, man, I don't know. I'm not ready. I am.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I got so many great words we could play right now if you wanted to. You guys are up and at it today. Thank you for helping me out with these words. Every week we'll play the game at eight twenty, and I will continue to look at these great words that you're sending in to make the grame as the game as great as possible. Email me directly, Rod at the Buzz dot com right now. Twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy today, high of eighty six.
Speaker 1: Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Kamala Harris is conceding the presidential race to Donald Trump. Speaking from her alma mater, Howard University in DC, yesterday, the Vice President said her heart is full of gratitude for her supporters. Harris said she called President elect Trump earlier in the day to congratulate him, and she's looking for She's looking for a peaceful transfer of power. She added that she does not concede the fight of her campaign and she will never give up the fight for America's future. The Houston Fire Department is mourning a heavy loss today after losing one of their own while battling a four alarm fire in.
Speaker 1: The East End.
Speaker 5: This has happened late last night, just before eleven pm. So cruise were called to this warehouse that was just up in flames on Supply Road near Polk Street off Highway ninety. The fire Chief, Thomas Muna said, a second alarm was called to have an additional reinforcements. They're like, this is a really big fire. A may Day was then called as well as a third alarm when a wall collapse. Now that wall collapse injured to firefighters. One of the firefighters suffered minor injuries and is okay, but another firefighter, identified as Marcello Garcia, forty two years old, tragically died at the hospital. So you had Chief Munas giving a press conference and he was visibly distraught there with the mayor, I mean in tears eyes read said Garcia served with the HFD for ten years, the last six of which were with Station twenty three, saying we lost a true hero. So the city mourns that loss with his family. And you know, we hate reporting this news, guys, but it is happening right here in our community. It happened right here in our community. And we really sometimes underestimate the kind of days that these first responders have, and that they have day day in and day out, and what the dangers that they drive to work, the dangers that await them when they go to work every day. Okay, let's switch gears. Starbucks is rolling out its holiday menu. Some old favorites making a return, including the Peppermint Mocha and a trio of lattes, Caramel brewlay, Chestnut Praleene, and iced sugar Cookie Almond Milk. There's also three new Cranberry inspired refreshers that are making their debut on the holiday menu this year.
Speaker 1: You know where they missed. You know where they missed. Please tell me Caramel Boublay. Why would you not get Michael Boublay them the King of Christmas. Why would you not invite him to the party.
Speaker 5: Doesn't he already have another drink sponsoring him?
Speaker 1: That Boo the bubble bubbly. Yeah, yeah, he's busy. You just him.
Speaker 3: He's he's always available. Okay, you get him involved in everything. He's he's a national international treasure and international treasure.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what makes some international. Thank you.
Speaker 5: The final season of Stranger Things is set to release in twenty twenty five. Netflix made the announcement to mark Stranger Things Day, which falls on November sixth each year and the day will Byers went missing in the series.
Speaker 1: One of these kids forty years old? Now, come on, what's going on?
Speaker 6: It is pretty crazy if you look at like the first episode to now how much older they look. But like that's gonna happen with it was like Harry Potter when you did that over like eight ten years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna obviously grow up. But I trust the writers. I trust everybody involved with Stranger Things to get it right. They're not going to try to like fool us, Like, Okay, they don't look like they're in high school anymore, but they're gonna still try to do that. Yeah, they'll do it right. I mean that show is so well written. The names of.
Speaker 5: All eight episodes have been released, so tell me if you sound good. The Crawl, the Vanishing of the Turnboat, Trap, Sorcerer, Shock Jock, Escape from Chemazot's Right the Bridge, The finale is the Right Side Up, so very good. You know, you know your you know your things when they're stranger.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about music.
Speaker 5: Duff McKagan was joined on stage by Jacob Dylan. They did a cover of David Bowie's Heroes. You can watch the Wallflowers front man take the stage during Deaf's tour kickoff show.
Speaker 1: It was in Boston last night.
Speaker 5: This clip is on the Musika blog page.
Speaker 1: Those are Houstons heads.
Speaker 3: I always forget. Wallflowers to me are not a one hit wonder. But if you did say that one headlight, I'd be okay with it.
Speaker 1: We talked about Wallflowers going past the Rovie yesterday. Did you Jacob Dylan, what's specifically him? But just about the Wallflowers, Blake, Do I have to listen to the potter?
Speaker 6: Yah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's not.
Speaker 1: Gonna give you all the good It's about one headlight, Okay. So the Wallflowers cover of Heroes, which we're listening to you right now, is really good.
Speaker 3: I just don't have the live version that Duff played, but right I'm trying to figure out what the what's the connection Jacob Dylon and Duff McKagan, Right, but you know who knows they both rock?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forgot about this cover. It's good, It's really good.
Speaker 3: It might have been on the Godzilla motion Picture soundtrack.
Speaker 1: Oh I think so, Yeah, the one with Matthew Broderick, once you got over there. In sports, the.
Speaker 7: Rockets gotta win. Last night they beat the Spurs one twenty seven to one hundred.
Speaker 6: Jalen Green and Fred Van Vleet each had twenty one points of the night to lead all players in scoring. Rockets are now I have now won four of their last five and they're gonna have a day off today before they play the Thunder on the Road tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: On Thursday Night from.
Speaker 6: When, we've got Lamar Jackson and the Ravens hosting Joe Burrow and the Cincinnati Bengals. Ravens are five and a half point favorites coming into this game. Kickoff is gonna be at seven fifteen. You can watch it on Prime Video and in some Sexons News. Wide receiver Nico Collins looks good for Sunday Nights game against the Lions. He's missed the team's last four games with a hamstring injury that he suffered against the Bills. Texans can definitely use him with Stefan Diggs out for the year with a torn acl That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Houston's Rock and Alternatives.
Speaker 8: The Morning Rinning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five, rod Ryan's Show, A ice Man in the Box, It's a good one.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the seventh spot. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you for just joining us. Wakey, wakey, hands off, cup cake, busy every hour as we always are. Get you into the nutcracker market.
Speaker 1: I mean, why not?
Speaker 3: We just played Michael Boublay on this show. WHOA just bust it out to Boublay. I think we played more Michael boo Blay Christmas than.
Speaker 1: Sonny so far this season. So far.
Speaker 3: They will they will overtake us tomorrow, I'm sure. But yeah, who went with the Christmas music first?
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan's Show, that's right, ninety four to five, The buzz We busted out some bouble I think last month or something. I can't remember. Alex through some booblez in there. He knows how to make a story. It was a story. Listen, it was Michael. Did we do a story.
Speaker 3: About Michael Bublay? We did a Christmas story. He knows the go to his booble around here.
Speaker 1: So Nutcracker Market is coming up next weekend.
Speaker 3: We'll have some tickets for you coming up after the break.
Speaker 1: Read my lips this next hour.
Speaker 3: This isn't a o haha. I was right, but I'm happy with myself. Maybe that previlegen is working. You talked about Jacob Dillon's Wallflowers. They were out jamming and Duff McKagan joined him on stage. You said, you forgot that the Wallflowers did a cover of David Bowie's Heroes. Bowie's Heroes has always been one of my favorite Bowie songs. And Jacob Dylan probably should have gone out and done just a ton of cover songs because he does have a pretty cool voice. They're kind of known for that one song, one Headlight. You were talking about that on your podcast. Yeah, how did that come up?
Speaker 1: I mean, I know you don't.
Speaker 3: Alex does not like to give up a lot. What's on past the gravy. He wants me to mention he wants to talk about that there is a new episode.
Speaker 1: But man, is he tight with the info?
Speaker 6: Oh my cuz, Pat, he's he was experiencing an issue with one of his headlights. And then we turned into a waldfive. Okay, okay, I did you drive around playing that song? And he said no, he hadn't.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, Wallflowers, this song, I said, I think it was on the Godzilla soundtrack, the one with Matthew Broadrick. Not a good movie. I looked it up nineteen ninety eight. It is on that soundtrack, so yay me. Just because you know, I'm still stirring the soup up there, you know, but.
Speaker 1: It just I just wanted to tell you guys. In the nineties, movie soundtracks were the best. I used to get sent them from the from the record companies because I was like the music director and the program director of radio stations.
Speaker 3: They would send you CDs. I have every movie soundtrack from the nineties. It doesn't matter if.
Speaker 1: It's ten things I Hate about you, if it's more of like a like a young rom com or.
Speaker 5: Like this, or like a scary move even.
Speaker 3: All of them are gone in sixty seconds. All of those movies that I just mentioned, they all had killer soundtracks with huge names on them. So when I was cross referencing just to see if it was on this Godzilla soundtrack, check this out.
Speaker 1: Wallflower's Heroes track. One.
Speaker 3: P Diddy and Jimmy Page did a collab called come with Me. It's actually a really good song. Jamariqui Rage against the Machine, Days of the New ben Folds Fuel, Green Day's Brain stew Is on that movie soundtrack, Foo Fighters, Silver Chair, and then a bunch of names you don't know.
Speaker 1: That is a sick line up for a movie soundtrack.
Speaker 5: Now pretty good to get, like, it's like the original mixtape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how you could kind of burn your own CDs and stuff and you would find gems. Yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot of times what would happen is, you know, Dave Grohl, if the movie had something to do with the record label that was involved, if there was some sort of a they would go to the artists on that label and they'd say, hey, we got a movie soundtrack coming up.
Speaker 1: Do you have any throwaway songs that didn't make their albums?
Speaker 3: And sometimes those songs are throwaways because they deserve to be throwaways. So you would get some crappy tracks on some of these movie soundtracks and they might not even be in the movie.
Speaker 1: That was the thing that they started to do.
Speaker 6: And they started in the credits at the end and they're like, well, it's on the soundtrack.
Speaker 3: But they started realizing that movie soundtracks were selling for that reason. They were like mixtapes. They were like, hey, this is the Hey this is the nineties, or hey this is music.
Speaker 1: That's what I call music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yah, yeah, they were They were kind of the equivalent of that, and they started realizing that people the movie soundtracks were bringing in big money. Then you realized these songs were not in the movie. This song happened to be in the movie Heroes, Wallflowers was in the movie.
Speaker 1: I believe nineties movie soundtracks undefeated.
Speaker 16: I agree.
Speaker 1: All they were all great silly movies, comedies. All of them just had great soundtracks. We should probably take a quick break, will come back. I'd like to do in order, wreck check trending, giveaway nutcracker, market tickets, and then set up to play song clips. That works, Okay, let's do let's do some of that that's kind of like what we're gonna be doing after the break. I wouldn't go anywhere.
Speaker 12: Rock and Alternative for the Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four to five.
Speaker 3: In the Buzz, somebonny told me there's a new Past the Gravy podcast today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is somebunny There.
Speaker 3: Was no cake though I was very there was no bunny cake that went with that message.
Speaker 1: I thought ye lacked. But yeah, you got a new Past the Gravy off.
Speaker 9: Huh.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 6: We try to figure out who dB Cooper is and if that's real or not, because I don't know if it's real or not.
Speaker 1: But we talked to conspiracy theories.
Speaker 6: We avoided election spoilers because like you wanted to do yesterday, we wanted to be an escape for the people that we're not talking about the election. We have power ranked coins including bitcoins, all to fun stuff and we talked some football.
Speaker 1: Really coins coins coins all right, I'm just trying to think of like my favorite coins.
Speaker 5: Juse of the anthony obviously they were too tricky.
Speaker 1: I'd rather go with the saka jawea. And is there anything better? Like a quarter? A quarter is just like that's a solid coin to start with.
Speaker 5: Nooses A quarter works every time.
Speaker 1: The fifty cent piece is better than the quarter. Those are always cool. I that a quarters staple. Chance of rain, partly cloudy, high of eighty six today, what's trending.
Speaker 5: So the Astorld Festival tragedy, I believe today or yesterday was the anniversary of it, and so you had some of the victim's family kind of holding this memorial for them, going in there, you know, giving interviews to the local media and saying, you know, they didn't realize that was the last time they were going to see their loved ones at this astral festival tragedy. The crowd rush, the crowd rush and crush proved to be very deadly for people here locally in this area. And I believe the settlements of that are have all. I believe the individual cases and then the group case, the lawsuit. I believe all of that stuff has been settled. But it was definitely a tragedy in our community, and people are remembering it today this morning specifically not very light tight or bright, but again something that happened right here in our backyard. Alex said, you didn't want to talk about the voting things and the thing.
Speaker 1: But you know what, it's something.
Speaker 5: That I feel like is the elephant in the room with the race that was so tight. You know, it's you kind of got to think of it a new Almost half of people are waking up to a disappointing day. So it's something that we definitely want to acknowledge. But I think that also people have to put on their positivity, their optimism. You kind of have to hold on. People are coping in every different way, and I didn't want to just skate over it because it is something that people are still feeling very much. I mean, the election results were yesterday, it's you know, now we're almost forty eight hours removed, and it's it's something that is an undercurrent, if you will, We're not all ever going to agree on everything, but you know, maybe lean into seeing it from a different perspective. I guess, lean into not having everyone agree with you all the time. Also wanted to talk about Elon Musk. His net worth surged after the Donald Trump election night victory.
Speaker 1: A Tesla stock went through the roof yesterday, really did it? Really did? Musk is currently the richest man on the planet.
Speaker 5: But the yeah, the Tesla's stock surge on Wednesday. He is all in on his support of Trump, him and then and then RFK Junior. Right, he's going to probably appoint them in some cabinet positions. So that's what's trending on nighty four to five the buzz.
Speaker 1: So he's going after fruit loops, dude, you know what I saw RFK going after fruitless. Okay, let him cook, Let him cook. The FDA.
Speaker 5: I don't have a lot of beef with a lot of things, but the FDA has been public enemy number one for me personally a lot of time. I don't like all the stuff they have in our food at the grocery store.
Speaker 1: You got some tickets to give away?
Speaker 5: Hek?
Speaker 20: Do you?
Speaker 5: I have the twenty twenty four Nutcracker market tickets. It's a four pack going down November fourteenth through seventeenth at Energy.
Speaker 3: I mean first Boublez Christmas music now the Nutcracker Suite?
Speaker 1: Are we going Christmas?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 1: Have we flipped the switch? Switch? Have we flipped the switch here? We haven't? Okay, I just getting excited. Hey can we line up song clips? Yeah, we can do it. Let's talk about song clips. Let's see what people are voting for on Throwback Thursday. Coming up. Hey, call for those Nutcracker Market tickets.
Speaker 8: Now you're listening to The rod Ryan Show ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The Bus ninety four or five the Bus. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. All right, Jimmy eat World in the middle. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. I mean it when I say it. I meant it when I said it yesterday too. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. I always do. I always mean it. Twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy. Hi at eighty six today, let's go over to the phones. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Good morning, Hi. Who's this?
Speaker 7: This is Leo?
Speaker 1: Leo guess so much better if your name is Leedo. I could play the Lido shuffle. I love playing.
Speaker 21: Lado shuffle with the idea I think we do like I think we can do squeeze on Lido shuffle when we talk to Leo's at least Leonardo DiCaprio comes up, right, I think we could kind.
Speaker 1: Of squeeze in Aledo.
Speaker 6: Hang on a second, it's little boss gags.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all right, okay, now that we've established it, it's Leo and not Liedo. Leo your caller number ten. Congratulations, man, appreciate it. Good, very so.
Speaker 3: Where you get the tickets to the Nutcracker Market November fourteenth through the seventeenth Energy Center. I believe you can use these at any time during that crazy weekend over there?
Speaker 1: Have you? Are you going? Are you using these? Are you giving them to somebody? I might go, Probably my mom and my sister. They would love it. But if they go, I kind of go with them.
Speaker 3: My mom and my sister would come in every year around this time and Jessica would have to take them to the Nutcracker Market.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you roll with them? That was just an afternoon off for me, you know what I mean? It was a nice little laughter.
Speaker 5: Wait, dude, they're playing boublet over there at the Nutcracker Market.
Speaker 1: You might want to get in on.
Speaker 3: That that Jessica, you deal with those animals, all right, dude, nut Cracker Market tickets, they're yours.
Speaker 1: Nailed.
Speaker 5: You're gonna love it.
Speaker 1: You go, you go with the girls. Just give them to your chicks, allay? All right, you give me away, send me a picture, test up the bunt. Give them to the Girl's Lido time. Thank you Leo. No Ice Age, that's the first thing that comes to mind.
Speaker 3: Know, that's the first thing that it's been in a bunch of yeah for me when I hear this song. Absolutely ice Age. We've watched it a million times in my house. That happens the songs. It's not the only movie that this disappeared in Matilda.
Speaker 1: It was in The Mighty Ducks. That's what I think of I think of Matilda.
Speaker 3: So Matilda, Okay, I thought, because I know you guys how much.
Speaker 1: You love The Mighty Ducks, which that movie got away from me.
Speaker 3: I know it's a hockey movie, but it's just I wasn't in the right wheelhouse when it came out.
Speaker 1: Do you remember it was this predominantly featured in Mighty Ducks. I don't remember what part. Yeah, it is huge. It's a huge part of Ice Age. Okay, it's a big one. They're like walking. Yeah, but the changing this.
Speaker 3: Thing's been used in Party of Five and everything else. This is rusted root. Yeah, Okay, send me on my way.
Speaker 1: One word, fum. It's in the last place.
Speaker 3: Wizard shoehorns this in because you guys know they must be from the Burg. Okay, Yin's guys, Yin's guys from Pittsburgh somehow.
Speaker 1: Ring some Steel City beers with them.
Speaker 6: Back in the day, Radio Wizard like worked the door at a club where they played, and the dirty feet Rusted Root people.
Speaker 3: Would come in and give him change and ripped up dollar bills and hacky sacks to get in watch and he.
Speaker 1: Would take it. Yes, he's just a young guy with a scuba dream, yeah, and a handful of quarters. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's like, you know, a couple doobies and you're in the sea rusted Root at the club and there's five hundred of them up on stage.
Speaker 1: So that's our rusted Root story. Every time that he puts them in. Wizard used to be in rest get kicked out. Well he did. He carried the low end. He carried the low end on the court.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm a harmonized How hard you try, you can't stop.
Speaker 8: With not.
Speaker 1: Dge Against the Machine put out a covers album.
Speaker 3: This was the big hit off of back Ridge Against the Machine Renegades of Funk.
Speaker 5: Is this in first place?
Speaker 1: Since second place? Really? Yes? Now if you listen to the chorus, I'd like to think that Zach at least one time said the F word. I don't think he says I don't think he says funk every time. Let's just take a listen.
Speaker 3: What the song is the Renegades of Funk.
Speaker 8: That day.
Speaker 1: I think we're getting away with something with this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, I think.
Speaker 3: Brune Mayer slipped a couple in on all of his songs too, I do. I think Bruno also slipped one in, but I think Rage did more than slipped it in there a few times. Rage against the Machine is in second place and your first play song, Page Hamilton.
Speaker 1: I think I knew the song before, but I.
Speaker 3: Think a lot of people learned about this song from Beavis and butt Head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this song was playing. If you remember, Beavis and butt Head used to comment on videos and they were like, this song rocks, but it sucks that they got short hair. They didn't have long hair. Yeah, they couldn't understand, like why is this rocking so hard? And why does the lead singer have short hair?
Speaker 5: Because peoples, they didn't go together back in the day, right.
Speaker 1: I think I was playing this on my college show. Maybe I learned about it on Beavis and butthead I don't know, I don't remember. I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I'll give Beavis and butt Head credit for this. This is Helmet and Unsung. It's in first place. Okay, Wow, it's a good one.
Speaker 6: I would not have guessed that this would be the one in first place. If you this would have been last place, you'd let me guess.
Speaker 1: How the just go?
Speaker 3: I think this song hit at that time when people were watching Davis and butt Head and it just became something that people like always loved.
Speaker 1: Or maybe you haven't heard this in a while. That's what you're voting on right now.
Speaker 3: Helmet in first place, Rage against the Machine, Renegades of Funk and Sam on My Way, he Rusted Route.
Speaker 1: Where do you vote? On the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan showod Morning on the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Where ninety four the Buzz.
Speaker 5: Hey, make sure you say he's a good guitar player before you go screaming his band's name.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what's happening?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So what Tessa's talking about is Billy corgan Is on the music blog page.
Speaker 1: And again he's kind of talking about how underrated he is as a guitar player. Cru stop. It's weird when.
Speaker 3: You, billy, you don't need this, Like we all think you're really talented and really good. He doesn't feel like he's getting his due for some reason as a songwriter. He feels like he's got to tell everybody how advanced he is.
Speaker 1: And it's just so weird. He's so thirsty for compliments. Yeah, it's really corgan for God's sake, Go read.
Speaker 5: The article and he's just talking about He's like, you know, I'm like writing the melodies, I'm like playing the guitar, and I'm like singing my solo and like a lot of people don't understand that's.
Speaker 1: A lot going on. Like, shut up, we get it. It's weird, musical genius. We get it. Is like, don't remind us every.
Speaker 3: Day, Marvin said, speaking of songs and movies. The song you're playing right now, nineteen seventy nine always reminds me.
Speaker 1: Of Clerks too. Ah, it is in the clerks too, the clerks. Whirl my gosh.
Speaker 3: Funny gen Z, I'm sorry, gen X me. He was our guy. Quentin Tarantino was our guy. Okay, okay, And then you kind of thought Kevin Smith was going to be the next guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, And you thought Kevin Smith was going to make.
Speaker 3: These amazing movies and he made good movies that represented us, but they just kind of peeked out.
Speaker 5: So, Clerks, is that where Jay and Silent Bob came from?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? And the first one's in black and white. He went out and maxed out credit cards.
Speaker 3: And the reason that the door is stuck at the quick stop is because he filmed in the middle of the night at a real quick stop and he had to keep the doors down because it would have been dark outside, so he had to light the place up. But that's why the somebody jammed gum in the lock and they had to film with the doors down. They had to work that into the storyline. So yeah, Clerks, Kevin Smith was just kind of a wonder kid.
Speaker 1: Is he Dogma as well? Yep?
Speaker 5: Okay, Clerks, mal rats long.
Speaker 1: Time Dogma dog We used to be on Comedy Central, like.
Speaker 5: Aff Yeah, yeah, and I remember like Atlantis Morsett being god.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, yes, that's why I like it, And he knew yes, but he knew Matt Damon and Ben af Flack back in the day. He was friends with them and they never left him. They always showed up for his movies, even after they got their oscars for Goodwill Hunting and made all these huge Hollywood blockbusters. They always went if Kevin Smith needed them, they would always hop on into a movie as a cameo. They would always you know, Chasing Amy, all those movies. They're good. They're all really really good movies. All right, thank you, Marvin. I forgot that was in Clerkstown, Marvin. I little use a movie lesson there. Yeah, we've been talking movie soundtracks this morning. I love me some movie soundtracks. Throwback Thursday. I just want to see if things had moved around much since since we played, because you were surprised that Rage against the Machine was not in first place. Anytime Rage is in there, I do expect them to win.
Speaker 3: Well, they're in first place, all right, So Rage Helmet and then seme em Away Rusted Route in third place.
Speaker 1: Speak of that rusty Root radio wizard. He said that Helmet is opening up for Lincoln Park Friday night in Dallas. I think you might be going to that show. Helmet's on at six Gene Dawson at six forty five, bad Omens at seven thirty five Lincoln Park was on at nine oh five. A little festival done.
Speaker 3: For those people that have won tickets from us for that Lincoln Park Arlington show Tomorrow night.
Speaker 22: The rod Ryan Morning Show at ten am.
Speaker 8: The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz. It's three days Grace rob Ryan Show Throwback Thursday. Read my lips this next hour. I'm ready to go. I've got words. I'm feeling great about today's game.
Speaker 3: Tesla's going to take on Chile for Chelsea Handler tickets at A twenty. If you want to still send me some great word suggestions. You know I'll always shuffle those in. I'll lido shuffle those in right before the game, So email me directly.
Speaker 1: Rottendbuzz dot com. Twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy. High of eighty six. Tessa with Houston's headline.
Speaker 5: Following his victory in the presidential election, Vice President Kamala Harris called Donald Trump yesterday to congratulate him. Her campaign chair says she urged him to be a president for all Americans and to observe the peaceful transfer of power. Then, at around four pm, she gave a concession speech on the campus of her alma mater, Howard University. She said that while the election didn't turn out the way her supporters wanted it to, the light of America's promise will always burn bright as long as we never.
Speaker 1: Give up and as long as we keep fighting. Those were her words.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, President Biden preparing to address the nation this morning, so he'll have remarks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also, Donald Trump is now putting together a transition team before inauguration day, So inauguration.
Speaker 1: Day is January twentieth. He will have to fill.
Speaker 5: Around four thousand government positions, including twelve hundred that requires Senate approval, so that should be easier with the Senate now also under Republican control. The team's co chairs are Cancer Fitzgerald CEO Howard Lutnick and get this, former wrestling executive Linda McMahon. Let's also talk a quick weather story, real quick. Hurricane Raphael overperformed as it made landfall in Cuba yesterday afternoon. That storm was forecast to build to at least a Category two, but actually hit western Cuba as a Cat three, which put the country's national electric grid down and left ten million residents in the dark again. This grid has suffered multiple collapses over the last two months. Because of different hurricanes, because of different storms. The latest war cast path does show this storm slowing down and turning west today, so it'll go through the Southern Gulf over the weekend. The new relationship pack is so twenty twenty four, but is it fair?
Speaker 9: Game?
Speaker 5: Couples, especially young couples, are now using chat GPT to settle their arguments and help them win fights. So you feed at the details of your argument along with each person's stands, and the idea is it's a robot, so it's got to stay neutral, right.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: A twenty five year old guy goes on Reddit and he needs advice because his girlfriend is constantly using chat GPT to win arguments. He says, she'll pause a fight and she'll leave the room. She'll ask chat GPT about it and come back simulator come back with a well constructed argument. She breaks down everything he said, everything he did. He's like, this is not fair. He's asked her to stop, you know what, But then she ran that through chat vt and said, no, you're you're being insecure.
Speaker 1: According to my computer, you were off mike state again, because you lose the fight when you pause it.
Speaker 6: If you're pausing to go in like what your answer no, heat real fast and get my answer.
Speaker 1: No, use your brain and come back with thoughts. If you're not, you're getting someone else to give yourself. You're collecting data in this point.
Speaker 5: But I love the idea when an argument's getting too heated to say, hey, you know what, let's take a second, not so you can go and then one up the person.
Speaker 1: That's what the whole thing is. You're you're doing it so you can fight fast.
Speaker 3: It's like calling your psychic, like calling miss Cleo and like, you know, getting her thoughts on the fight and then coming back with what she said.
Speaker 5: You need to give chat GBT a little more credit than a psychic.
Speaker 1: I think it's very funny. Wow, I'm gonna I didn't expect that out of you. Can you please hold chat GBT gets more credit than psychics.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to answer you. I need a moment to put this in to chat GPT. Please I'll get back.
Speaker 1: To you in fifteen minutes with a well constructed argument.
Speaker 16: Wow.
Speaker 5: Okay, just like you're the pandemic were, we are at a point where a lot of people could use a breather of reset. Whatever you think, Okay, and once again. Steve from Blues Clues came to the rescue for a lot of people. Yesterday he posted a TikTok where he's outside, He's leaning on a fence, He's drinking a cup of coffee, and he's just being there while a bird sings in the distance. Without saying anything. It says enough to anyone who's having trouble dealing with the outcome of the election.
Speaker 14: That's what I was.
Speaker 5: I was trying to make a point earlier and trending. My words got kind of fumbled up. But I just think checking in with people who you obviously know wanted the other side to win. You know, some of them are much more passionate than others. And you know Elmo's checking in from Sesame Street. You have everyone kind of posting their videos. Billie Eilis checking in saying that Trump's victory was a war on woman. Cardi B posted a video then deleted. She said, this is why some of y'all states get begetting hurricanes.
Speaker 1: That was at a bounds. This is where these celebrities are so far up their own asses that the comments they made before the election didn't help. Now they're making comments after the decision is made. It's not gonna help. You showed up, You did all these things beforehand, and you told everybody who to go vote for, and it didn't work. It has to feel. That's how it's like, No, no, no, I what I see still matters, and I'm gonna I'm gonna still keep, you know, pontificating. Nobody cares what the celebrities think.
Speaker 5: Well, the celebrities, they're so far removed, don't. They don't have a modern day like struggle of someone you know, working for their paycheck or living paycheck to paycheck.
Speaker 1: So they are a little bit, you know, in the outer space when it comes to that.
Speaker 3: We is Beyonce know what I'm dealing with in my personal life. You know, I don't care who she's voting for right now. I don't care who she thinks, how she thinks. The outcome is either well for all celebrities. You know who does care what you think? You know what celebrity cares what you think?
Speaker 1: He's so worried about it. It's Billy Corgan.
Speaker 5: He he has been snubbed, is being snubbed on Greatest Guitar Player list.
Speaker 1: So okay, So.
Speaker 5: If you go read the article, I think like Rolling Stone had put out a list or someone put on a list enough to where he's obviously taking a peek at these things. And he's like, you know what, I feel underappreciated. Most people don't recognize my contributions as a guitar player.
Speaker 1: They don't even assume I'm the one playing a lot.
Speaker 5: Of the guitar, he says. They'll put him behind someone who he can.
Speaker 1: Play circles around, so he doesn't specifically.
Speaker 5: He's like, look, I don't want to denegrate the person in front of me, but you are a same But he's like, he goes, but come on, you know I'm enough of a guitar player to know who's a great guitar player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make your own list.
Speaker 5: If you know what a great guitar player, make your own list and have it, and that'll be your list.
Speaker 6: Also coming and he'll put him number one, and then he'll like, just love the Rod Ryan Show. He'll come on the show probably like, yeah, another to talk about being number one on your list.
Speaker 1: You're such a marketer.
Speaker 3: This has to be the same list. Ted Nudgent recently made comments about a guitar list. Ted Dugit would also like to be thought of as a really, really great guitar player.
Speaker 7: Is Ted Nugent above Billy Coryan, I don't know top ten?
Speaker 1: No, okay, so like I don't care, then I don't care if it's not top ten. But he went after He specifically went now Ted Nugent, very outspoken guy. He specifically went after Joan Jet being above him on the list because he's because.
Speaker 5: Because it's a woman, and it's an easy target for him.
Speaker 1: Listen to this, Listen to this. I'm going to read you one more thing that Billy said this article, you guys.
Speaker 5: He says, I'm writing the song, lyrics, melodies, arrangements, and playing most of the complicated guitar and I'm capable of doing a solo on top of that.
Speaker 1: I think that's hard for people to process.
Speaker 5: They don't want to believe one person can do all those things.
Speaker 3: We believe you, Billy headline, We believe you, Billy.
Speaker 1: All right, what do you got? I get it? You're doing stuff.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: Rockets gotta win. Last night they beat the Spurs one twenty seven to one hundred. Victor wim Minyama might be a bus.
Speaker 6: Jalen Green and Fred Van Vliet each had twenty one points, which is more than victory in Minyama. They led all players in scoring. Rockets have now won four of their last five. They're gonna have a day off today before they play the Thunder up in Oklahoma City tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: I got a pair of tickets right now.
Speaker 6: You want to go see some basketball action this week and call ten to seven and three, two and two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: I got a pair of tickets.
Speaker 6: To Mattress Firm Battleground two K twenty four at the Toyota Center this Saturday. You're gonna get to see you of h Auburn, Rice, and Florida State all in action.
Speaker 1: Good if you win this.
Speaker 6: College ten seven and three, two and two five nine for five, those tickets are yours. In football, we got Thursday Night football tonight a good matchup. I think Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore Ravens host Joe Burrow and the Cincinnati Bengals kick off for that at seven to fifteen. You can watch it on Prime Video and some Texans News. Wide receiver Nico Collins looks good to go for Sunday's game against the Lions. He's missed the team's last four games with a hamstring injury he suffered against the Bills, which is gonna help the Textans since there will be with U Stefan Diggs for the remainder of the year. That is what's going on in Sports.
Speaker 22: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety.
Speaker 1: Four or five, The Buzz that's Green Day Boulevard have Broken Dreams. Halfway part of the show, Pavo, what do you got? Oh Jesus eight ten? How did that happen? How did that happen? Else? Are you keeping time over late? My goodness?
Speaker 3: Okay, geez, I guess we're gonna have to get into a break because I want to make sure that we hit read my lips on time. Tessa is taking on the Chile this morning to try to win you those Chelsea Handler tickets, so I'll be asking you to call in afterwards. And it's kind of like my last push if you want to send me some word suggestions, great word suggestions.
Speaker 1: I was done an hour ago. I've added more since, but we.
Speaker 3: Could have played well. I don't want to get that idea in your head. We're gonna play at a twenty where the game lives all right, partly cloudie skies today twenty percent chance of rain, highs up around eighty six.
Speaker 8: Know.
Speaker 3: I come in here every morning and I tell you guys, I hope you have a great day today. And it doesn't matter what happened the night before. I mean it when I say it, I hope you.
Speaker 1: Have a great day. And I thought Joe kind of summarized it pretty well. He sent me an email early this morning. He said, sorry, you're taking some gup from some people here. My theory is this rod.
Speaker 3: Every morning you can put two feet on the ground and stand up, is a damn good day. Take the first big stretch, deep breath, it's great. Don't worry about them others that don't feel as good as you do. I woke up this morning and I said, it's going to be a damn good day today.
Speaker 5: I love it, and he's and he's right. I mean, listen, things happen all the time, and some people are gone for a minute and they're taken from us too quickly, like I've had think about the tragedies, the fact.
Speaker 1: That you're above ground. Man, I wish that's a big blessing.
Speaker 3: I wish I would have recorded it I know she got it from me. But when my kid looked at me and said, today is a great day to have a great day.
Speaker 1: Sweet.
Speaker 3: When she said that to me, I'm just like God, if I can have that, I think I have that memory.
Speaker 1: I have that core memory of her saying that to me.
Speaker 3: But boy, to have that audio of her saying, you know what, Today's a great day to have a great day, cutie.
Speaker 1: So use that every day. All right, let me take a short break.
Speaker 3: Okay, I will take one final scan if you have If you have some great word suggestions for reading my lips, I'd love to entertain them. Oh there it is, so yeah, that's one one final reminder that read my lips is coming up.
Speaker 1: I guess Alex wanted me to sing, well okay to me. Okay.
Speaker 22: Now we break Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show thirty four five Boughs, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. You could also open up your iHeart app and you could search past the gravy and it's a couple of dudes that recorded a podcast just yesterday. You dropped one last night.
Speaker 5: I saw what day You're so good to stick undred.
Speaker 1: One hundred and ninety. We had six undred in January. I was gonna say, what's your what's your projected date for the six hundredth episode January?
Speaker 3: I know you do a big Christmas special, but then are you're going to turn around and do something huge for six hundred two.
Speaker 6: We were trying to figure that out yesterday to see if it's too close to each other, like make it worth doing that.
Speaker 3: I think you got to commemorate the boat both things. Yeah, yeah, I've been to your end of year spectacular and those are great, but.
Speaker 1: Definitely doing that.
Speaker 3: But I think you have to do something big for six hundred. I think you gotta go turn around and have another big party.
Speaker 1: I fine, then we'll do it. I just want to party, do it. I just want to partner. You have to go to it, though, I'll go. All right, I'll go, I'll go. Okay, So if you want to check out Dudes on Dudes or Past the Gravies, we got all the podcasts. Okay, did you guys discuss whether or not I'm a dog or a freak? No, we have that. I do friend. Thank you, twenty Chance of Rain. I don't even want to know what you came up with.
Speaker 3: Twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, high of eighty six.
Speaker 1: What's trending? Okay?
Speaker 5: Breakdancer Rey Gun is retiring after online hate. She says she's done with competitive breaking. She says she still dances in her living room, but all the backlash has turned her off from ever competing again.
Speaker 1: She says she worked hard.
Speaker 5: For the Olympics, took it seriously, but the sheer amount of hate cheer Receyved was devastated.
Speaker 1: She did not take it seriously, Well she didn't.
Speaker 5: You can say that can bring your organization says they stand in solidarity.
Speaker 1: Well you can say that to your nipples turn blue. You did not take that seriously.
Speaker 5: Dude, I'm not gonna say something if my nipples are turning blue with every time I say it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, That's why I'm saying. She can say it that many times and I still wouldn't believe her. What else? She's not looking at girls?
Speaker 8: That's your say.
Speaker 5: If you say you love voodoo, well this Louisviton Luxury kennel trunk is for you. Louisvton is selling a kennel that will set you back sixty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: That's only three things you must see today. A luxurious spin on a kennel trunk.
Speaker 5: It looks like a house and has a monogram codd canvas exterior.
Speaker 1: Great, very nice. Your pootrol loved that and you definitely can afford it. Great. Chloe Kardashian probably has one already.
Speaker 5: Also a little bit more dancing news. US Women's rugby star Alana mar is like in such a big way blowing up on TikTok. She is carrying the ratings for Dancing with the Stars this season, so much so that there is there's like this online push they want to see her as the next bachelorette. I mean, she is the first woman in Dancy with the Stars to pick up her partner, to be able to start her partner, just a sheer amount of strength, and she looks good doing it, and she's so likable.
Speaker 1: So that seems like a no brainer to put her on the batch shot.
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 1: So, I think it's a lock.
Speaker 5: I think it'd be huge for women's rugby, for her, for for ABC.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm all in with that. That's what's trending on eighty four five to buzzs. I feel like I discovered her.
Speaker 5: You definitely introduced me to her, and I'm obsessed.
Speaker 1: I was following her for a long time before that. Yeah, hey guys, it's time to read. I got great words today. It scares them every time you because I get wear a dollar. They're great words today after you, I haven't seen that they are great words.
Speaker 3: Chili's gonna come in here. Never complains. Never complains that Chi sometimes he does.
Speaker 1: He wanted this whole week off after the election.
Speaker 3: Now Chili takes on Tessa, who you think is going to win today? You choose Chile or Tessa to play for you, to win you those Chelsea Handler tickets. She's going to be playing on the fifteenth smart Financial Center of Sugar LAMB seven one, three, two, two, five, nine four five. Choose your horse. We read lips after this.
Speaker 1: Celebrating twenty years on ninety four or five of us, just to move it down toxicity. I didn't. I forgot that.
Speaker 3: Rick Rubin was behind turning all the knobs and the levers and the and the thingies in the studio for.
Speaker 6: He pointed to that book when they were trying to yes with the lyrics and he was like, just read this is your lyrics.
Speaker 3: I'm getting a lot of creed stuff in my algorithm, and I stopped at a couple of Rick Rubin videos of him talking about working with the Chili Peppers and working you know, we were just talking about Rick Rubin because he's the one that talked Johnny Cash into doing the cover of Hurt.
Speaker 5: Like, what is Rick Rubin's deal? Like, he just has vibes and people are always inviting him into their studio and he.
Speaker 1: Likes kind of a genius.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely, but like what is his background?
Speaker 1: You know what he means? He's like, well he no, I.
Speaker 5: Know, listen, he's a part of the Chili Peppers. But Rick Rubin he literally just goes off vibes.
Speaker 3: Like but fight for your right to party if you go back to the Beastie Boys. And then so he went from doing hip hop deaf cham stuff like Ello COOLJ to he started doing Beastie Boys and then Slayer you know what I mean? And he did the only time.
Speaker 1: That I've ever heard anybody say anything negative about him, it's the guys in Black Sabbath when they kind of got back together and put out an album.
Speaker 23: Uh.
Speaker 1: Rick Rubin is a huge Black Sabbath fan and he wanted to do the project. They didn't like him. They didn't like it.
Speaker 3: He was trying to bring in all these retro amps and stuff, and they did not like what Rick Rubin was doing. Other than that, everyone has just said that that guy's a genius. And yeah, and the system of a down stuff, you know, like most people didn't understand it when they were writing these songs and doing these things.
Speaker 1: And he's like, no, we're gonna get this done. We're gonna do it. Well, good morning. I hope you're off to a great start to your day as always here. Yeah, it's it's it's it's a.
Speaker 3: Read my lip situation here.
Speaker 1: Just trying to get the best words. You want to read my lips? So sure you sneak in here, Ninja. I smell that intoxicating cologne before I see you. Penny Dropper, what are you wearing today? It's the Penny Dropper collection? Is that you were just like every day? Yeah? You do.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He doesn't like talking about it because he doesn't want anyone else to buy it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, because then it takes my powers away.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The best smelling man in radio, Raffael, Good morning, Good morning, Hey Rafael, how are you I'm doing great.
Speaker 1: Who is uh? Who's going to be playing for you today? Tessa? All right, Tessa's gonna maybe get the job done. Maybe. Well, I don't got him. You gotta do it. Come on, I'm going to try my very best for you. Well, Captain Cody is on. Uh and uh, Cody, you got Chili?
Speaker 17: I got Chili.
Speaker 1: What happened, Chill? I love Chili? What happened Captain Cody?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: He didn't tell you that Tessa was off the table and you tried to take her as your horse?
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, was my girl, but my boy, you know, and you know kind of.
Speaker 1: Chili, Your boy Chili does that on purpose, just to like trick people up. I said, who you want to be? What? What team do you want to be on?
Speaker 13: And he said, what are my options? I said, Tesla, and I I want Tessa.
Speaker 1: Even though Tessa wasn't an option. Yeah, why did you do that? I'm you're the only one to be able. I don't see where their loyalties at all. Right, here we go. Who's chill? You're gonna go first? I figured she was, Oh, no, I want to.
Speaker 13: Let's go till.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you guys, Hello, it's never mind.
Speaker 3: Here we go, shuffling, shuffle up, Buttercup, shuffling the words.
Speaker 1: Every day. I don't know who's getting what. Every day I'm shuffling, shuffling, all right. In an interesting plot twist, Chili will not be going first. Tessa will now go first. I love that for her, You love that for her? Here okay, Uh, Tessa has headphones on. She cannot hear me. Three words, alex is timekeeping. So as I say the word please, twenty seconds on the clock.
Speaker 3: First word, Dallas Daniel always gets words into me.
Speaker 1: Very valuable. Up here we go. Trucker speed, tripper speed, trucker speed, trucker speed, trucker speed, trucker speed. Oh, I think yeah, I said that. I was maybe when you do kiss, I think well, when I was up all night. Yeah, in college it was on the counter.
Speaker 3: It was on the counter at the at the quick stop or whatever it was, and it was called no dose, No does. I was up all night studying for exams and doing turn papers. Trucker speed, all right, Dallas Daniel, he listens, he knows, okay.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: Sandy emailed me in the beginning of the year and she said, Rod, this year, I'm gonna get more involved in the show. I hear you talking about all these people. You don't have to talk about me. I'm just gonna get involved.
Speaker 1: Sandy says, she's on week forty six sending me word suggestions, and she voted for send me them away. She's voting, She's she's interacting with us, Sandy, love you great word today too. Only one that sent this in each, Brother Swift.
Speaker 5: Oh, let's say it again, Brother Swift, brother Swims.
Speaker 1: Brother Swift, Brother Swift, brother Swift.
Speaker 13: I guess you wouldn't put on and get that one.
Speaker 1: Did we? Did you know Taylor Swift had a brother? No, he bean with a fan, Yeah, help him out and let him get kicked out.
Speaker 6: He was like, hey, okay, she was wearing a helmet at the concert, which is not allowed, but.
Speaker 1: She got in with it. Rusty sent this one in. Okay, Hey, Rusty's word. I thought it was a good word. I'm gonna use it. Better not be trombone. Yeah, Rusty trombone. They saved. I save that was for you? Chilling thumbs up.
Speaker 24: Up.
Speaker 1: Champagne, Nope, tie well die did start? I didn't start yet start so you finished it yet? Thumbs up. I'm right, I'm ready. Campaign Champagne, Camping Champagne, campaign Champagne, Campaigne Champagne. Oh three for three.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean that's why she drinks for water every morning.
Speaker 3: Hey, great points, Rusty, it was having a good day yesterday, Campaigne Champagne.
Speaker 1: Okay, rusty, musty, simply rusty chili. Look what you've done to yourself. You have to get free, way to go.
Speaker 13: I don't like Captain Cody, so I really I'm not stressed out.
Speaker 1: He betrayed the man.
Speaker 25: Code.
Speaker 1: Need to get you need to get all three of these? All right? All right, all right, let's go look at them. Fumbling around with those little earbuds.
Speaker 3: Face sausage, fingers over there, help him face serious sausage focus.
Speaker 5: Saucae eight headphones, heard of them?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go loud, all right, here we go.
Speaker 3: H here we eli sent this one in thumbs up, dumbs up, Looking at you, Alex.
Speaker 1: You have to look at him.
Speaker 23: You're blow J blow Jane blow J blow gent blow j blow Johanna. It's a word that he said, but I don't remember.
Speaker 25: Blow j blow jabber blow blow j blow. They died, did dovah? Did he not get that.
Speaker 1: It wasn't even the word I said. I said blowj bo, not blow j oh. That's a that's a different.
Speaker 5: Thing from that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did. We're making up stuff on time. I see why Captain Cody wanted Tessa. I did it for Captain Cody. Captain Cody, we got to say goodbye to you. Send me a boy. Rafael is the winner today? Who give him the mill? What are you giving Rafael? Raphael?
Speaker 5: You and I just won you a pair of take to see Chelsea Handler at Smart Financial.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Thank you so much. I knew I picked the right one. Jay it was it was mono syllabic Jay, and he's coming up with all these jabbronis jabbros. Love you chilly.
Speaker 6: Spirit.
Speaker 11: Halloween is ended, Spirit Christmas is on the way.
Speaker 1: But what fills the gap?
Speaker 11: Introducing Spirit Thanksgiving with thousands of items to make your Turkey Day terrific. Turkey plates, turkey napkins, turkey flags, turkey candles, turkey place mats, turkey balloons, turkey tablecloths, and of course, it wouldn't be Spirit without sexy Thanksgiving costumes like the Sexy Turkey Gobble, Sexy Pilgrim.
Speaker 4: H Give thanks to those apps.
Speaker 11: Sexy green bean casseroles and sexy mashed potatoes.
Speaker 1: Place some gravy on me Spirit.
Speaker 11: Thanks coming soon to the former TGI Fridays in your Neighborhood a Ron Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: On ninety ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning Rod Ryan Show, Red Hot Chili Peppers. Hey, I know we've been busy doing some other things, but it is Throwback Thursday. That winning song will be played today at nine thirty. Votes are low, eight hundred and fifty five votes. I mean, you know, I'm more comfortable when we do the announcement in a little.
Speaker 1: Less than an hour. Two thousand votes is what I'm looking for, So I need you to cast your vote for today's Throwback Thursday song. Rage Against the Machine has four hundred and twenty seven votes, Helmet Unsung two hundred and ninety nine votes, Rusted Root Similia one hundred and twenty nine votes.
Speaker 3: It's it's losing badly right now to the Rockin. So there's two rockin songs. So if you can do me a solid, do your brother Rod a solid and hit us up on links and guests and cast your vote.
Speaker 1: Winning song played today at nine.
Speaker 12: Thirty Houston Houston's Alternative and Helmut The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Lincoln Park in Arlington tomorrow night playing the Baseball Stadium, And Helmet, who is up for Throwback Thursday? Everything ties together here nicely. Helmet is what you're voting on. Well, Helmet is what a lot of you are voting on for Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: This morning.
Speaker 3: Their song Unsung, probably their biggest hit. They're gonna be opening up that show tomorrow night in Arlington. Unsung still in second place, Rage against the Machine in first place.
Speaker 1: And bringing up the rear. Simme am a way, Simmiam aware is simeon way? Just give me a Bee's give it a boo? Sorry parting Claudi's guys today twenty percent. I don't know. I just went into a trance there. What happened?
Speaker 5: Maybe they're the reasons why skimbity toilette is now?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's yeah, that's old there s give it a be toilet arue. Hey, what a Houston's headlines place.
Speaker 5: President elect Trump is putting together a transition team before his inauguration on January twenty, and he'll have to fill around four thousand government positions, including twelve hundred that requires Senate approval. I should be easier with the Senate now also under Republican control. Meanwhile, President Biden will address the nation from the White House this morning.
Speaker 1: His remarks come two days after Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: Defeated Vice President Harris to become the nation's forty seventh president. President Biden spoke with Trump Wednesday and congratulated him on his election victory, as did Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: She said she called President elect Trump earlier in the day.
Speaker 5: Before speaking to at her alma mater to congratulate him, and she is looking forward to a peaceful transfer of power.
Speaker 1: So that's the political stuff. Then.
Speaker 5: Here in Houston, the Houston Fire Department, as is the community in mourning mourning a heavy loss after losing one of their own while battling a four alarm fire in the East End. This happened late last night, just before eleven pm, so cruise were called to a warehouse on Supply Row near Polk Street off Highway ninety. A few minutes later, according to the fire Chief Thomas Munos, said, a second alarm was called to have antion to have additional reinforcements, and then a may day was called as a third alarm when a wall collapsed at injured two firefighters. Now one of the firefighters suffered just minor injuries and is okay, but the other one, now identified as Marcelo Garcia, I'm forty two years old, tragically died at the hospital.
Speaker 1: The chief.
Speaker 5: The fire chief was visibly distraught as he was giving this information relaying it in a press conference. He said Guarcia served with HFD for ten years, the last six of which were with Station twenty three. Starbucks is rolling out its holiday menu, some old favorites making a return, including the peppermint Mocha, the trio of lattes that came out last year, Caramel Brewlet, Chestnut Prayleen, and iced sugar Cookie Almond Milk. There will also be three new Cranberry inspired refreshers making their debut on the holiday menu this year.
Speaker 1: Did the bus switch to country music?
Speaker 4: Is gone, Gone, go ahead?
Speaker 1: I don't know this song wish Baby Please come home for Christmas? Is this faith Hill? If not for Christmas? By New Year's Night? Who is this Martina McBride ah, I always liked her. I didn't know that this was her work.
Speaker 5: The final season of Stranger Things is set to release in twenty twenty five. There's a new teaser and the names of all eight episodes have been revealed.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Alex, The.
Speaker 5: Crawl, The Vanishing of Dot Dot Dot, The Turnbow Trap, Sorcerer. Oh, here's one for you, Rock, Shock Jock, Escape from Chemazots, The Bridge, and the Finale Alex.
Speaker 8: You know it.
Speaker 6: I don't know why it's that, Like white people think it's cool to like release names an episode.
Speaker 1: Who This is the first time I've ever heard of somebody doing this. Is it a common So it's just them? Okay? I mean it's a track list you like. I don't know what the songs are, but meat, but you said it us Shock Jock kind of. I'm interested in your peach got something to do with the radio.
Speaker 5: Duf mackayon was joined on stage by Jacob Dylan for a cover of David Bowie's Heroes.
Speaker 1: We have that clip on the music blog page.
Speaker 5: Why was The Wallflower's lead singer on stage, Well, it was during Duff's tour kickoff show in Boston, So yeah, concertgoers retreated to this special treat.
Speaker 3: Oh it was Jacob Dylan joining Duff on stage, not the other way around.
Speaker 1: Ah, Okay, that makes more sense to me.
Speaker 16: Then.
Speaker 5: The Heroes has become a mainstay in mckegan's solo repertoire.
Speaker 1: According to this article, he.
Speaker 5: Did release this udio version of the cover back in September. And yeah, he's been welcoming, like other special guests to join him.
Speaker 3: I like Duff's voice, Duff mckag and he's got a cool kind of a punk voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like his singing. Those are using headlights. It's a great song. This is a great cover. We should put this in on Throwback Thursday. All right, what you got over there?
Speaker 7: Well, the Rockets gotta win. Last night they beat the Spurs one twenty seven to one hundred.
Speaker 6: Jalen Green and Fred Vanvleek each had twenty one points in the night's lead all players in scoring. Rockets are now have won four of their last five. They're gonna have a day off before playing the Thunder in Oklahoma City tomorrow night. On Thursday Night Football, Lamar Jackson and the Ravens host Joe Burrow and the Bengals kickoff.
Speaker 1: It's at seven fifteen.
Speaker 6: You can watch it on Prime Video and in some Texans news wide receiver Nico Collins looks good to go on Sunday Night against the Lions for the Texans.
Speaker 1: He's missed thet Texans last four.
Speaker 6: Games the hamstring injury he suffered against the Bills, and that'll help them without Stefan Diggs, who's going to be out for the rest of the year. Where they tore and acl That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Can I say two things, Yes, very quickly.
Speaker 5: I'm very excited about the Texans having our guy back.
Speaker 1: We need all the help we can get. But the Rockets kicked the Spurs ass last night.
Speaker 5: They did and it was remember when they beat us and it was like like a one or two and it was close.
Speaker 1: There's just so much better than that. Okay, that's it.
Speaker 12: Hou Houston's alternative and tell them of the rod Ryan Morning shown, the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Welcome to the nine o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: It's our fourth and final hour that we're gonna get to spend together. We're gonna give you a chance at one thousand dollars. Hey, Big Jeremy Vincent, the guy.
Speaker 1: That comes on right after us. Yeah, I love that guy.
Speaker 3: He had a winner yesterday, meaning somebody won when he gave the queue to call to win that thousand dollars alternative income.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a national contest. I want somebody to win. Coming up here.
Speaker 3: I want one of our people to win one thousand dollars. All right, I mean you're all our people. You listen to the buzz, but everybody wants to take credit for while they were on the air one of their guys, one of their gals won. So Jeremy's like, you know, he's the favorite child right now. Yeah, I'd like to go back to being the favorite child.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I ever was. I'd like maybe a shot at it once nominated. So a chance to win some alternative income is coming up very soon. Question. I think you'll you'll agree with me.
Speaker 3: I saw that the ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz are on the auction block. It's about eight hundred thousand dollars. I know there were more than one pair. One pair sits inside the Smithsonian Institute. I've seen them shod very small feet. Not a lot of rubies needed for those slippers. Is that the biggest piece.
Speaker 1: Of movie memorabilia of all time for me.
Speaker 5: You know it is because it was the thing that I was awe struck as a little girl, and then seeing it in the Smithsonian because I think there's a couple of pairs and then remember one was like missing, like a pair was missing. Yeah, so it was just it just dazzled me.
Speaker 3: Like a lightsaber from Star Wars, something like that that would be up there. Nothing off the top of my head, Indiana Jones, like his hat or the whip. I would would that qualify as being the DeLorean.
Speaker 1: And Back to the Future? Are those like iconic movie props? Yes, nothing's bigger than the Red Slippers. I I agree with that statement. Yes, let me take a look. Here are they up for some sort of auction again? Yea, there are eight hundred thousand dollars right now, that's it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I find that to be low too, because I think he got some wing that that owns the Colts Jim Ersay that just goes out and buys just weird things like this.
Speaker 5: You gotta start the bidding at a minis.
Speaker 1: I got the lamp on, uh, go ahead on Christmas story. Yeah, that would be a good one. The leg lamp. I think that's a top ten. Yeah, I think okay, on the top of my head. MovieWeb dot com. I just googled this. I haven't looked at it yet. Here we go.
Speaker 3: Twenty greatest movie props of all time ranked Wilson Freddy's Glove Nightmare.
Speaker 1: On Elm Street the top twenty. Edward Mclovin's Driver's License nineteen. That's funny. I would not have put that up at like one of the top ones, but I like that. I'm glad it's there. I'm glad it's there too. The briefcase pulp fiction. Oh yeah, with the light in it. Oh, I think that would be that should be top ten. Almost what else did they have here? Quickly? Thors Hammer Marvel The Book of the Dead, the Evil Dead movies. You guys don't know that, do you not?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 1: It looked like the book from the Three Sisters Witch is Halloween movie. What is that one called boo Book of Spells? Yeah, this book looks a lot like that. As a matter, they must have stolen that from the Evil Dead, so have an eye. Yeah, this one does too, creepy. They definitely stole that. The Lord of the Rings ring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's probably up there. Not my favorites, but I mean the whole damn thing is called Lord of the Rings. There you go, Alex leg Lamp at fourteen, Okay, I love lamp.
Speaker 1: Charlie Chaplin's cane, Okay, Oh, Wilson's foot, Wilson's the volleyball. Yeah, the volleyball came in at twelve, makes sense. The Great Bambinos Baseball from the Sand Loss. Good, it's a killer prop. Mine in black, the minder Racer thing, Okay, let's see if that comes up. The flying bike et Okay. Oh, yeah, that's a good one. It's a good one. The Red Balloon from it. Yeah, I'll make you one. Annabelle the Conjuring Universe.
Speaker 23: That a doll.
Speaker 3: The Ruby Slippers in at seven seven. Okay, it's gonna be I haven't looked at this. It's gonna be the lightsaber you think, I think probably okay, seven six, The Fedora Indiana Jones. I think we gotta go Fedora and whip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a combo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the DeLorean number five back to the Future. Most iconic movie props of all time The Lament configuration from Hell Raiser.
Speaker 1: The Hell Is that I don't know that stupid dumb Rubik's cube they played with. Okay, the talk Boy home alone too. I have one I want Alex. I wanted one so badly, probably the coolest Christmas gift I ever got. See if they got one on eBay, see what they're getting for it. I'd love one of those Hannibals at the world renowne plugs, a hotel, Hannibal's Mask, Silence of the Lambs. Somebody is a creepy there?
Speaker 3: It is, Lightsaber number one, number one. Ruby slippers are the most iconic UH movie prop of all time.
Speaker 5: It's a snub to have it at seven and it's a major subtop to be top five or three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, I think I have this on Three Things you Must see Today. Has a bunch of interesting things on there right now, let's focus. Okay, keep your eye on the prize. You're a chance to win a thousand dollars. Come on, make us look good, go win some money.
Speaker 10: Ninety four or five the buzz that's your chance now to win one thousand dollars. And to this nationwide g word on our website, grand that's grand? Answer it now at the Buzz dot Com for your shot at one thousand dollars an alternative income from ninety four to five, The.
Speaker 22: Buzz, Houston's Rock and Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four to five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. What was that thing that they used in Home Alone too? Alex Talkboy? The Talkboy? You had one? I did? My parents gotty one for Christmas.
Speaker 6: One the air, and I used to record with my friends that we were We didn't realize that we were just making little like fake radio shows Like I didn't use it for like where you'd rewind it and play it in slow motion or anything.
Speaker 1: Right, I did it in the movie. We would just record ourselves talking like haha, we're funny. So it was a real product that you could buy that that Kevin McAllister was using you. That's how he was his dad. You ever dropped it to the dark? Sorry, I was born into work. Did they have any on eBay?
Speaker 9: They do?
Speaker 6: I found one that Uh, there was one that I thought was really cheap and then they said that it was broken and it was only for parts. Uh, there's a brand new one in the box that is three hundred and twenty dollars you can buy now a talk boy. Yes, wow, Okay, we also gone for five hundred and fifty dollars if you want to get to the deluxe one. I don't know what dad has differently interesting.
Speaker 3: Okay, we were talking about the most iconic movie props and uh, Wizard of Oz, the Ruby Red Slippers, the one list I just happened.
Speaker 1: It was just a quick Google search. I feel like those are the most recognizable movie props of all time. But Lightsaber got number one on that list online, Kid's.
Speaker 16: Alix online, the muzz What you got over there for today's aol is called who Would Win in a Fight, And you will be giving a bunch of random fights that you pick who you think would win in this fight, and then you will see who other people voted on as well.
Speaker 1: It's a voting system. It's not who you think you personally could be.
Speaker 6: I think would win out of these two people or objects or things.
Speaker 1: They're right fighting.
Speaker 6: So like the first one, dog versus Cat, obviously dog's gonna take the cats out. Of course dogs catspends on the dog Uh dog runaway Whinner twenty four thousand votes to seven thousands.
Speaker 1: Sure, so you're the next fight.
Speaker 6: Next fight DC versus Marvel, I don't care. Batman versus Chuck Norris.
Speaker 1: Chuck Norris, Roundhouse nobody. Batman has twelve thousand uses.
Speaker 6: Check Noise only is nine thousand votes, so he would be in the minority on that one. I do accept defeat. I would like to admit that I concede to Batman in that that ensence? What about Batman and Superman?
Speaker 1: Superman? Batman has no superpowers, Yeah, he's a rich guy, right, He's got a belt, the utility belt.
Speaker 6: Superman forty seven thousand, Batman fifty eight thousand. People are favoring Batman and that Batman leaning leaning AOL.
Speaker 1: Perhaps today, but go check it out.
Speaker 6: See who would win in a bunch of different fights at the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna win? Rage against the Machine or Helmet? Right now? Rage against the Machine has fifty percent of the vote, Helmet unsung thirty five percent of the vote.
Speaker 3: I'd say there's because the votes are low this week. I would say they're within striking distance. A helmet still has a chance. Rusted route send me him away, probably doesn't have a choice. But man, if you haven't voted yet, please do so. Go to the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: First show.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning brought Ryan's show. Thank you so much for having a song throw back Thursday.
Speaker 1: I gotta give you the time, though, I at least got to give you.
Speaker 3: What am I going to talk about for a minute though it's it's nine twenty eight forty seven.
Speaker 1: Torn Club? Wait a minute, somebody having a problem? Do we need Torn Club? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Natalie Mulliot was unmasked last night on The Mask Singer. I've never watched even two seconds of the Mask.
Speaker 1: I said either.
Speaker 5: But I remember when I first started working here when I said who had won?
Speaker 1: Was trending?
Speaker 5: Oh that was the first time, like my email got litt up.
Speaker 1: Oh you got cussed out because you didn't tell people. I didn't say spoiler. It turned out your radio. I'm about to tell you who was let go last night? Survivor. People used to lose their minds. That was my villain origin story. Does a person does Natalie in wrong? Does she sing with a mask on? And then they just try to figure out who's singing they can't recognize like I would recognize her voice. No, So yeah, how does the show work?
Speaker 5: So everyone's a character. There's these big characters and they're dressed up in these big costs with these big heads, and they are singing different songs.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're not their song right.
Speaker 5: And the panel I think Jenni McCarthy's on the panel. I don't know who else, but they have to they have to guess who is who they think it is. And you think you could call out Natalie really a quick but sometimes it gets confusing.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like this person was. And Zoe's back up dancing.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, do we have a clip of the of the actual like her singing it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So did they say with a mask on? Can you hear them even underneath the mountains? Okay? No, I don't have a cliff.
Speaker 8: Why not?
Speaker 1: I don't know because I don't know anything about the show. Congratulations, I'm going to look it up. It's like in its six hundred season two breakdown Dancy the Stars. After this, I naked on the floor.
Speaker 5: So her character's name was Bluebell Jook like a blue flower fairy.
Speaker 1: Great all right cool little torn club guys.
Speaker 3: It's Throwback Thursday. Thank you for all the votes. Low votes Man one twenty five votes total. Here we go one hundred and forty one votes. Rested route Send me I'm Away.
Speaker 1: Three hundred and ninety four votes for Helmet Unsung, four hundred and ninety votes for Rage against the Machines cover of Renegades of Funk. I think they're swearing the whole song. I really do, mom. It's so bad Thursday. Whatever the hell that is. Here's your Throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five The bud the how hard you try, you can't stop with not no matter how hard you try, you can't stop with sis a pree is still a cages in the days of pays increase one after the ageous Enough kept calling the jagous.
Speaker 8: I didn't know when Asis change that.
Speaker 1: Simes kept saying the sage not this day the same. We're never always winning cage.
Speaker 24: Lets you say home some hard Lucas boun Las they ever winning a cage.
Speaker 1: But the time and as.
Speaker 2: Any case, Rin.
Speaker 1: Were don Jason, we don't.
Speaker 8: That, Jason, wal.
Speaker 23: You do that?
Speaker 1: Days of plock a that, days of a system many man they can and see some way we are aforce them another creation or your musical revelation.
Speaker 24: Wells, musical relationship, it's a healthy others they said, right good from land.
Speaker 1: The lad singing electronic chant, like some relationship that for these shoes destroy all the ships destroy on the ship now when the chans on the preople whatever w for little some FeAs? It seems to want some mystery? How many people like with me?
Speaker 2: We're a man that mean, we are the people. We don't want to little some things.
Speaker 1: We seem to want some mystery? How many people like you with me? Call shit? Where a man that change of plock? What a man that change a pot? You're the man that change of pop? Where are not change of plock?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 15: Brothers?
Speaker 1: Never put a sunny here? Cocas whip, we're calling the fat no sound coast. Put the sun here cocause.
Speaker 24: Whi we're want to treating those stopping damping the shot, get her bucket or putting aside.
Speaker 1: That chapter puck is p What side about you pose a sip?
Speaker 8: You? Where have jays of wo?
Speaker 1: Where are riding at jains of palm? Where am I have pains of walm?
Speaker 8: What am i a jains of bum, said.
Speaker 24: The mouth and then you topic, I said what the president sign of electronics A basic im.
Speaker 1: To ham and I'm local time a.
Speaker 8: Mom to the b We get fresh.
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 9: Were what he said?
Speaker 1: What's son this sweet? People weren't get us a.
Speaker 24: Long round to get damp with the brace sun were riding a painting those spaces from saying yuck stuck on, r shuck up, shuck on, no shuck off strench strech.
Speaker 1: Street wool shock rule.
Speaker 24: Shuck up, suck.
Speaker 1: Shuck, no mo shuck. You're chan Where am I change.
Speaker 9: Of chas.
Speaker 26: Change not chasing?
Speaker 1: Where am I not chasing? Ninety four or five?
Speaker 2: The buzz?
Speaker 1: Don't worry. They're saying funk every single time, right for sure?
Speaker 3: No Rage against the machine would never ever ever try and get away with something, would they?
Speaker 1: You think they said funk every single time. I love it, I love it. I feel like we're getting away with something over here. Well that's what you guys. Chose rage against the We're sinking.
Speaker 8: That was their.
Speaker 1: Is that their fourth album. They only had four studio albums. That was their fourth. That was their fourth album. That was the last album and it had come out after they had already announced that they were broken up. That was what they left us with, a bunch of cover songs. The Ghost of Tom jod is on there. Only Chili knows that's a cover song. Africa Bombarda is the is the original? No, you guess stop. Their version sounds a little different. It's pretty great, though. It's pretty great. Tom Morello, you know, he walked in with this and said, we're covering this. I have a vision for us. This is awesome.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 3: The video that accompanies it, too, is so awesome. All right, well, listen, I appreciate everybody going in and in voting for Throwback Thursday, The.
Speaker 8: Rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety four, five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Bad Wolves in their cover of Zombie.
Speaker 6: Nine.
Speaker 1: What didn't we give away yet, Tessa? What do we have laying around that we could still maybe use for the show.
Speaker 5: It's four pack of tickets. It passes to Monster him going down February.
Speaker 1: First, and in our g Okay, Tesla will have a question on the flip of this break. Please stay with us Houston's Rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 8: The Morning Show six to ten Am ninety.
Speaker 1: Four or five, ninety four or five, The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan's Show. All right, that's it, well, I mean that's it. We have Monster Jam tickets for you.
Speaker 3: We like to do four packs for this, so you can take the whole fam four pack of passes and pit tickets to the February first show at NRG Stadium. Yes, the rod Ryan Show Monster Jam Truck will be performing. I haven't seen the rest of the lineup. I don't know, like what special new trucks are going to be a part of it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Sparkle Smash is coming back. Hey kids, lover, I know nobody pays attention to our truck. Then thank you my kid. My kid doesn't even like you're ranking trucks. I got who the rod Ryan All right?
Speaker 9: Number one?
Speaker 1: What is your question? What is the latest relationship pack that has gone viral?
Speaker 23: Oh?
Speaker 3: The Cheaters don't it's cheating seven one three, two one two five, ninety four five.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 10: The Ride Ryan Show Celebrating twenty years ninety four.
Speaker 1: Five, The Bus ninety four five, The Buzz Off Spring Self Esteem rod Ryan Show. Okay, uh, that's gonna just about do it for us? I see nothing about a twenty percent chance of rain today partly cloudy, high of eighty six now tonight eh ten percent chance of rain. It even goes down so highs today of around eighty six, a little warmer then yesterday hit It is now time four. I know this show on ninety four five.
Speaker 8: L La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 9: La la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's here?
Speaker 8: Karen? Hi?
Speaker 1: Kara? How are you today? I'm doing great? Did I get it? Well? Now you answer the question?
Speaker 23: You do?
Speaker 3: You do get to answer the question. So you're halfway there. It looks like you are caller number ten. Let's let's shoot you over to Tessa and she has a question for you.
Speaker 5: Ok do you just have to tell me what is the new relationship hack?
Speaker 1: Come on? Okay?
Speaker 26: So people are relationships are getting an argument and they're going on the different a program to tap in the arguments to see how to come up with new answers or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're using got it, you got it?
Speaker 9: They're using will freak out if I can give you pickets?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, don't freak out. You got them.
Speaker 3: They're using like chat, GPT and things like that too with the words to use for their arguments.
Speaker 1: That's for the argument. Brill, brill, what do you get the four packs? We'd pay pass? I'm so serious, I'm so dadous.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna oh my god, this is so awesome. My kids are gonna freak out, seriously freak out.
Speaker 1: You know the show you want to go?
Speaker 26: Awesome?
Speaker 9: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I'm taking You're awesome, Kara.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: You and the fam make sure you come by and say hello to us as well. You're getting pit passes so our brand new look truck will be there. I can't wait till I get the first mockup to share with you guys. It looks pretty cool, just.
Speaker 1: Because I have an extra thirty seconds. Do you have that girl laughing? I meant to play it earlier on the show. Did I send it to you? Yeah? Yeah, This might be one of the greatest recorded laughs of all time. It's a young girl. She's not even from America.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she's laughing in another language, but which does to show you that laughing is an international language.
Speaker 1: Universal It is one of the greatest recorded laughs of all time. You can watch the video and you can see what what makes this young girl laugh.
Speaker 3: But I'll tell you what I wish I would have had this video yesterday as we get ready to close things out.
Speaker 1: This is Hopefully this puts a smile on your face. That's the best laugh I've ever heard. Again, Oh, it's so good if you want to put a smile on. If you need to put a smile on your face today, hit us up on three things you must see and just go watch that video. I probably watched it six times and it just put a smile on my face every single time.
Speaker 3: Fresh out of bad heads Ahead. It was a great game this morning, Scott the Birdman. He beat Matt, Matt, Matt. It took three questions. I guess Testa's upset about that game. Four for the Birdman tomorrow and then if he wins, he'll go for the Hall of Fame on Monday. The movie memorabilia talk was good. Throwback Thursday, voters, great job today. I loved listening to that rage song. Read my lips. Great words submitted today. I don't know how chill he couldn't get the first one. I don't know why he didn't go first.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He changed.
Speaker 3: He totally flipped the script today. Fix to Graham was your number one link today.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Michael Booblay just for being just a great, a great international superstar. Alex Yeah, Tomorrow is Fanny Friday, Free Beer Friday, open phones the last hour of the show. It's crazy that it's Friday already tomorrow.
Speaker 3: NonStop noon or with Jeremy pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: Things to do today?
Speaker 3: How about giving your boy a listen on the past the gravy podcasting?
Speaker 1: How about following the rod Ryan Show on all socials. I have a question.
Speaker 3: I don't normally do this on our Instagram, but our rod Ryan Show Instagram.
Speaker 1: I'm asking, did you ever back in the day record a song? I can even ask you guys, this put you on the spot. Did you ever try to record a song off the radio? Do you remember what song you were trying to get?
Speaker 3: Um and part two of that question, did the dumb DJ talk over the song ruin your recording?
Speaker 1: I wish you were hear from Anchibus the Second Spin? I ever heard of it?
Speaker 6: I heard it the first time. I wanted to hear it again, so I listened all day ninety nine excellent hut. Right at the very end, they came in and stepped on it.
Speaker 1: The DJ talked on it. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I recorded millions of songs that radio, like, I recorded so many songs.
Speaker 5: One specific but yeah, and the DJ did step on my song.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'm asking if you remember a specific song or something that you tried to record off the radio back in the day.
Speaker 1: That's on our Instagram. Play along a little bit at Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Give us a follow, Okay, test us on Houston Life today at one o'clock and that's it. Man, we're on a twenty hour break. Go watch that girl laughing and it'll put a smile on your face today.
Speaker 4: Okay if you need that, am ap, No, Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 12: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.