Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner clerk get them the shives makes the cat backhand sign.
Speaker 2: Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 3: Wanna take your shot.
Speaker 2: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 1: Bink, you're looking real hot.
Speaker 4: Come in get it.
Speaker 5: We're here.
Speaker 2: The road comes through La, Come get it. If you won't it, I got it. Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 6: I got it best overall, Miss Dan Klass.
Speaker 1: Padre's fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 2: Ring.
Speaker 4: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot. Welcome to Dodgers on Tech. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim Case, Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo.
Speaker 2: Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 1: They hope you're well on this beautiful Saturday afternoon, turning in to Saturday evening here in southern California. You're world champion Los Angeles Dodgers forty seven and thirty on this season. They start play with a four game lead with the Giants, six games up on the Padres eight games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks. The homestand continues tonight, game two of this three game series against the Washington Nationals. Dustin May on the mound, first pitch coming up at seven to ten. Coming up over the next sixty minutes here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck. You're in for a treat. You're gonna hear from Hey Sun Kim. Yes, that's coming up in forty five minutes. Ago one on one with David Vese. DV checks in throughout the show. Of course, we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts, who is not with the team last night, suspended for one game by Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: But Doc is back.
Speaker 1: We'll dive deep into this pitching matchup. We got your Dodgers magical moment in just a few minutes. Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA we'll pop by and in just a few minutes we check in with Tim Neverde and Rick Monday out the Gaalpin.
Speaker 2: Motors broadcast booth.
Speaker 1: Well, last night, Kershaw got a little bit closer to a career milestone as the Dodgers took the series opener from the Washington Nationals. Clayton Kershaw, already a Hall of Fame career, chasing three thousand strikeouts and starting to zero in on that last night, five innings, two runs, five hits, four strikeouts. That now puts him in two tho nine hundred and ninety two. He is eight away from three thousand strikeouts. Kirsh got in a little trouble early in the first a Metrosario a solo home run. Nationals jumped out to the early one nothing lead. The Dodgers answered back to on the third key k Hernandez a ground rule double. Two batters later show Hey Otani Drea walk. Next batter, Mookie Betts grounded into a fielder's choice, scoring Keiki that tied the game but one. Two batters later, runners on first and second for tay Oscar Hernandez gore.
Speaker 5: With the ball behind his back, now takes it to the belt, checks the runners and the two h swung on the ground, ball stopped.
Speaker 4: By a dive in c J.
Speaker 5: Abrams has tossed to second is Aaron and here comes Murky Betts with a head first side the score and Kevin the Dodgers the lead two to one.
Speaker 6: Boy heads up running by Mookie Bets going to third, a fabulous stop up the middle by eight Rooms. Then trying to toss the ball, it got away and for Mookie Bens. He made the turn at third, saw the ball was going to be loose, and he just took off for home.
Speaker 1: Fleet heads up base running by Mookie, Dodgers taking two to one lead. Next better, Andy pat has a single up the middle that scored Will Smith. Dodgers grabbed a three to one lead in the fourth, show Hey Otani with some two out magic and RBI single to right that gave the Dodgers a four to one lead. In the sixth, the Dodgers a four to two lead when Miguel Rojas added some big insurance runs.
Speaker 5: Here's a two m swing on hammer deep to left field, baseball way back and down. Miguel Rojas with a two, two run homer and the Dodgers lead at six to two. Oh, the bigel just absolutely clobber that baseball. What a shot for Rojas, three hundred and ninety six feet into the pavilion.
Speaker 1: Two run home run for Mickey Row his third of this season. That is the top tier play the game, Brody by Arco quality, top tier gas for less Dodgers with a six to two leads, that would be big those two runs. Clayton Kershaw would go the five innings giving up the two runs. Alex Vesia would end up giving up a pair of runs in the seventh ten or Scott his solo home run giving up in the ninth. Dodgers end up hanging on for a six to five win over the Washington Nationals. Clayton Kershawn proof to three and zero, now eight strikeouts away from three thousand. The Dodgers with the win now forty seven and thirty most wins in the National League. They're all alone atop the NL West, and tonight they look to do it again against the Washington Nationals. Dustin May on the mound first pitch at seven to ten and with more we head out to the Gallping Motors broadcast booth at Dodgers Stadium as welcome in, Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, Tim, thank you very much, another gorgeous night at Dodgers Stadium as we get set for the middle game with this three game set Dodgers and the Washington Nationals. Dodgers winning the opener last night six to five, and Tonight's and Dustin May to the mile on the right hand are four and four with a four to six of the yearn run average. He'll take on Nationals right hand Jake Irvin. Irvin is five and three with a four to two three earn run average. The Nationals have lost twelve or the last thirteen games. They're three and fifteen in June. That's the worst record in Major League Baseball this month. They've not won a road game this month. Other than that, how are things going for the.
Speaker 6: National And they've also been outscored in losing twelve thirteen sixty nine runs to forty two. I thought last night the Dodgers, without the advantage of having Dave Roberts serving that one game suspension, you know, they broke open in the third inning and they start to look at a six to five victory. It was another come from behind victory for this Dodger bonk club, who really kind of answers the bell. Speaking about answering the bell, a couple of notes from last night. Miguel Rojas that big two run home run coming in the sixth inning, and also what about the catchupy Michael Conforto to end things in the seventh inning. If Confordo does not make that catch, two runs score. It wound up at the end of seven the Dodgers had a six to four lead. It could have been a totally different picture. If he does and make the catch, Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Put six runs up, five of those runs coming with two men out. The Dodgers doing it again with two out runs. They lead major League Baseball one hundred and fifty seven two out runs this year, led Baseball last year in two out runs. What's the Dodger magic when it comes to the last out remaining in the inning.
Speaker 6: I don't really know, But if they'd like to do it with nobody out there only went out, feel free to do it, guys. It'll be kind of relieve a little bit of stress. Speaking of relieving some stress, Freddy Freeman back in the starting lineup. It was planned he was not playing in last night's game. But for Freeman, who had that just incredible month of May where he hit four to ten with fifteen extra bayse hints in the twenty seven games in June, it's been a different story, just hitting at two oh nine. Dave Roberts talking earlier today that he's seeing some better swings from Freddie Freeman. So he's back in there, playing at first base and batting third in the lineup.
Speaker 5: Well, for Freeman, he's knocking on the door to four thousand career total bases. He actually could get that tonight with a pretty good game. And he's continuing to climb up the all time doubles list, and he's passed some amazing names. Ted Williams and Willie May's come to mind.
Speaker 6: If you look at the back of the baseball card by Freddie Freeman. Do not doubt anything that he can do. And I expect him full well to break out of it and may not have the month of May in month of June as far as comparing the numbers. But the other part too is Max Munsey is in there, and for Munsey has turned things around. Remember earliness season, Everybody saying, well, wait a minute, MESSI has not hit much, He's not hit home runs. Well the last nineteen games, mister Munsey is hitting it three thirty three with five home runs and fourteen runs batted in.
Speaker 5: You know, you have peaks and valleys. When you're a hitter, you get hot and you get cold. With sho Hey Otani, it's all relative. It's a different kind of hot and cold with him. But for him, he's only had two home runs in his last seventeen games, facing a pitcher tonight in Jake Irvin, who has been victimized by left handed hitters this year, giving up a lot of home runs. And this could be a big night for Otani.
Speaker 2: It could be.
Speaker 6: And everything that we say about Otani is true. When he comes to home late, even when he comes in the on deck circle, people do not leave their seats. I don't care if he's owed for twenty You're liable to see something that you just have not seen before. It's absolutely amazing. And oh, by the way, Otani is pitching tomorrow in the finale of this series, in the last game of the home stand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, by the way, Dodgers start four games up on the Giants. Giants winning over Boston earlier today three to two. Dodgers have won nine of the last twelve games, looking to make it two in a row here in this series over the Washington Nationals.
Speaker 1: Tempt All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shakey's Pizza Parlor or to your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now.
Speaker 2: At Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: Coming up here on Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts Well. Check in with David Vaz say he goes one on one with Hayes on Kim that's coming up in about thirty five minutes. Dive deeper into this pitching matchup with Dustin May on the mountain, but up next to your Otani Rewind and Sports and at LA's Kirsten to Watson will stop by, so I'll lead you up to Dodgers and Nationals on this Saturday night.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim kase Is.
Speaker 1: The world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Nationals on this Saturday nights ice Cube Bobblehead Night out of Dodgers City. For the first forty thousand in attendance. Hopefully you're able to get one of those Dustin made Jake Irvin. The pitching matchup, first pitch at seventeen.
Speaker 4: This is the Otani Rewind.
Speaker 5: One Oh pitch to show hey coming swing on ground ball right side, that's gonna sloop through for a hit coming into scores rojash and that extends the Dodger lead to four to one and RBI page hit for Shore Hey o' chany.
Speaker 6: And another inning where there's two outs and nobody on and the Dodgers create something.
Speaker 1: Show Hey Otani with the RBI single of the fourth inning. Last night, O'tani goes one for three on base three times, including a couple of watchs now hitting two ninety two on this season as the Dodgers beat the Nationals six to five.
Speaker 4: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 1: Hey Kirston now joins us from the stadium. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call Eat seven to seven Cars for Kids right now. Friendly agents standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today. Dave Roberts is back Keirston. They didn't really need him. Last night Dodgers get a victory with Danny Layman as the intro manager. But Dave Roberts is back on the bench tonight. He's back on the bench.
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 7: We know what happened in the Padres series, and both he and the manager of the Padres Mike Schild having to serve their one game suspension last night, so he is back today. He did say that he watched the game at home. He does love his wine, so he did enjoy a nice glass of wine at home as he should as he should, and he did say it was funny because, of course, you know, after every game he has to come and address the media, and he's asked a lot of questions and questions about his decisions and things like that, and he was like, I do understand why you will ask the questions that you ask. But he was very much in lockstaff with Danny as well as Mark Pryor, so he was really pleased just how not only Clayton Hershaw performed the offense to get going some key hits, whether it's Key k Hernandez of course the home run from Miguil Rojas. So he was pleased with how everything turned out and hoping to continue.
Speaker 1: It today tonight. Dustin May on the mound. He's given them length in his last five starts, five plus innings, six and three of those audiings, but he needs just to limit the run production he's given up exactly.
Speaker 7: And you know what with just the injuries that have happened to the rotation. The key right now, because he has remained healthy all year thus far, is just to continue with that and kind of not let we are kind of getting towards the middle of the season, we know that it's a grind and not letting him lose kind of his stride on that side. So the hope is for yes, for him to be a little bit more efficient on the mound and a little bit more effective, but to maintain that kind of six to seven innings. He has taken a lot of pride and being able to go deeper into the game. You know, even for him, I remember when we first came into the month of June, he was kind of like, it's crazy to think that this was his first time pitching in this month. So, you know, for him, it's just it's still we're about to hit the midway point of the season, so he's still kind of working through a few things to kind of really lock in. But for the most part, Dave has been pleased, which just if he can go out there give six, potentially seven quality innings, the team should be in a really good spot tonight.
Speaker 1: Speaking of spot, they're going to get into a good spot. As far as arms coming back, it feels like the Dodgers getting healthy at the right time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly. So we've got quite a few guys who are going to be taking part of some rehab outings this weekend or tomorrow, excuse me, on Sunday. So for Tyler Glass, now he's going to be with Okac throwing two innings his.
Speaker 1: First rehab starts.
Speaker 7: That's a really big step for him. Then you've gone Luis Garcia is going to be continuing with his rehab outing, so for him, he's actually gonna be with Rancho. So you've got an arm in the bullpen. You've got an arm in the rotation for Tyler. Dave was saying that we have Emmit Sheen who's also gone back to Triple A, who is continuing with his build up and for him to be able to get through five likely it is next outing for Tyler to have two tomorrow. There's quite a few guys that are going who are built up or getting built up. So it does allow for if Tyler is, you know, in a really good spot after two or three rehab starts, he can pretend to be coming back to the big league team a little bit sooner than having to build up to that five kind of inning part. So we'll see how tomorrow goes for him. But just the fact that he's continuing to progress, the fact that Roki Sasaki is still playing catch today and things like that. It's guys are moving in the right direction and continuing to get healthier and hopefully soon to be available.
Speaker 1: No doubt cares gonna be appreciate it. Well, check out with you after the game still to come. Here On Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, David Vesse goes one on one with Hey Song Kim.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's coming up at about thirty five minutes.
Speaker 1: I'm nexo an injury report and we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, who is back on the bench tonight after serving his one game suspension. It's the Dodgers and Nationals on this Saturday night.
Speaker 2: From Dodgers Stadium. First pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Kates is the.
Speaker 1: World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 1: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Saturday night We're leading you up to first pitch from the stadium, Dodgers and Nationals Maronggo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times. Dustin May on the mount, first pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 4: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 1: Report, presented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tony on the sixty day I L with the right elbows sort is Tyler Glass now is going to go out the Triple A Oklahoma City and pitch tomorrow in a rehab appearance. Is curious to allotted to Blake Snell, Luis Garcia, Rookie Sasaki, Blake trying to Roostar garadall all on the I L working.
Speaker 2: Their way back from arm injuries.
Speaker 1: Let's tap back out to Dodger Statimy as we check you out the Dodgers skipper anything else?
Speaker 2: Questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 4: The dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 8: That was I thought Clayton was was good made pitches when he needed to, obviously weather that homer from Rosario. And I thought Danny Marke did a really nice job, just knowing we had a loaded pen and Clayton coming off seven innings to kind of make sure h you know, with the start coming up in Denver. It was. It was smart and the bullpen did a nice job. And obviously Michael with that play in left field was it was a huge play.
Speaker 2: Seem like a key case swings yesterday, we're a lot better.
Speaker 9: How important is that, especially with how much she kind of stressed like how much you need him against left handed picture.
Speaker 8: It was, it was. It was good to see him swing the bat. I mean, even some of his misses were the right missus. I think there were some balls that he took down below, got some really good swings off. And obviously Mickey Homer last night took you know, the double the other way, so he had some good at bats. And so with those guys, we got some left handers coming up soon, so it's it's going to be really helpful to have those guys swing the bats.
Speaker 10: And did jud show your night off?
Speaker 6: Are you a nervous viewer when you're sitting up there?
Speaker 8: You know, I was at home and I wouldn't say nervous, but I can see how you guys kind of can wonder what's going to happen next, or how what decision make a manager is going to potentially make. So I got to kind of experience that, which was a little unsettling. Any you know what, we were kind of in lockstep. I like what he did.
Speaker 1: All right, there's Dave Roberts got to observe from the outside looking in on his own team last night, serving that one game suspension. We continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with the David that assay for leading up to first pitch from Dodger Stadium ice Cube Bobble Ahead Night Dodgers Nationals.
Speaker 2: First pitch is seven ten.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kates's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio note.
Speaker 4: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers playing host to the Washington Nationals. Dustin made Jacob Rbin the pitching matchup game two of this three game weekend series.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 4: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 9: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 4: This is Dodger inside Davids all right, DVID.
Speaker 1: It's been a couple of days now since the Dodgers and Padres wrapped up that tumultuous series out there at Dodger Stadium. Dave Roberts appears to have moved on. Mike Shilt kind won't let things go, will he.
Speaker 9: No, he's not even letting what happened the other night, gough. And he's not letting what happened last NLDS go. And you know, I've been asked numerous times, where does the frustration come from from the Padres side of things that spilled over in the final game of the four game series a couple of days ago. It stems from last year's NLDS being ahead two games to one, having blown that series and the Dodgers going on to win the World Series. And don't forget the whole Many Machado drama last year when he fired a baseball into the Dodger dugout which it appeared to be aimed for Dave Roberts during Game two. Mike Shilt yesterday spoke to reporters before the game, and he was asked whether or not it's personal between him and Dave Roberts.
Speaker 10: Has it become personal? Like me, me and him or the patters versus doctors. Yeah, another good question. You know, I'm competing for our team. You know, there's some history that's very public, you know, with what happened last year with Manny that I took exception to, and so you know, I handled that very privately. This got to be more public, and it's ultimately about you know, the defensive of our team and anybody that is gonna, you know, take the steps that I feel are inappropriate against our team, then then I will, Uh, I will take action. But you know, I don't not a personal guy.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't take any.
Speaker 10: I'm not a grudge guy, but I am a foxhole guy.
Speaker 11: You will trust many situation with doctor privately as human doctors.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that was public on his side, but you know, listen, that's what earned the bridge, and you know I handle my things privately.
Speaker 9: So just recappings tim Mike Schildt said he's not a grudge guy, but he's still holding a grudge from last year's NLDS. I mean, just let's make the record clear here. And he's an old school guy, but he allowed his closer to intentionally hit show Aotani close to the head so he's an old school guy but allows his pitcher to take two shots Randy Vasquez to hit Otani. And he's an old school guy and orders Suarez to hit Otani. And it's close to the head and he's not a grudge guy, but he's still bringing up things that happened in last year's NLDS.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I turned the page.
Speaker 1: Mike Shildt David is brought to you by the twenty twenty five four f one to fifty from California's best selling truck brand. It's time to see a Ford in a new light, taking advantage of employee pricing.
Speaker 2: Through the end of June.
Speaker 1: Clayton Kershaw eight strikeouts away now today from three thousand.
Speaker 2: Could he do it in his next start?
Speaker 9: If he's going to be on his regular turn It looks like he'll be matched up against the Rockies at cors Field. And we all know how bad the Rockies are, but they're also a leader in one category that could lend itself to Kershaw collecting all eight strikeouts at cors Field, say, lead the league in strikeouts. So if there's one team to be matched up against when you're trying to chase three thousand, strikeouts in your career. It's the Rockies, so I wouldn't rule it out. But I could see him coming back home on the next homestand in his two starts from now facing the White Sox and achieving that milestone here at home, and that would be extra special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt doing a Dodger statum. All right, David, appreciate it. We'll check back in with you in just a couple of minutes. Dave's gonna go one on one with Hayesun Kim that's coming up in about fifteen minutes. We'll also dive deeper into this pitching matchup with Dustin May going with the Dodgers. But I'm next magical moment. It's all leading up to Dodgers and Nationals on this Saturday night, first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim kats Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Nationals Game two of this three game weekend set out of Dodger Stadium, Dustin Maine, Jake Urban the pitching matchup on ice Cube, Bobblehead night first forty thou ten is lucky enough to get one of those first pitch at sevent ten.
Speaker 9: Dog without a hot dog?
Speaker 4: Who wants that hot It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment Pitch Magicalgic presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 1: We go back to twenty sixteen, the NLDS Dodgers taking on the Washington Nationals, Game four of the NLDS Tuesday, October eleventh, twenty sixteen. The Dodgers down tried to avoid eliminadeation. Clayton Kershaw went on three days rest. The Nationals scored three runs of the top half of the seventh inning to scot tie the score at five. In the eighth, Hugh, the Dodgers would take the lead.
Speaker 2: Five to five.
Speaker 12: Bottom of the eighth with two out, here's the one.
Speaker 2: Two pace heading the right field.
Speaker 4: Here comes Tolls and he.
Speaker 5: Will score utterly, delivers and the Dodgers take us six to five lead.
Speaker 12: Kershaw for the save, two on and two out. This is a game that's going to be remembered for a very long time. The pitch to Dfo swung on and miss strike three. Drop by Ruiz throws to first and.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers are going to Chicago. As Clayton Kershaw, in his first relief appearance in seven years, records to save. The Dodgers come from behind and beat the Nationals four to three to win the National League Division Series three games to two.
Speaker 1: Dodgers went in the NLDS in twenty sixteen, Game four Dodger Stadium. They went at six to five, and you just heard the final call Game five of the NLDS at Nationals Park two days later, October thirteenth, on short rests coming out of the bullpen. He could do it all. The future Hall of Famer Clayton Kershaw picking up the save and what was the Dodgers four three victory over the Nationals. This Hofey magical moment brought to you by Hafey Hot Dogs, Haffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey Hot talks local and so great. Let me continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check back in with Rick Monday. We lead you up to first pitch on ice cbe Bobblehead Night the Dodgers Nationals. I'm Tim Kas's World champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 4: Network This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 1: Long Dodgers and Nationals Game two this three game weekend, said Dustin May on the Mountain. It is ice Cube bobble Ahead Night, first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 4: And now joined by David Bassey. Here's La Dodgers broadcast there and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 9: Rick, we just had some ice Cube impersonators down there. I know you're gonna take the ice Cube bobble Head home.
Speaker 6: Well, yes, I have it right here. I was a little surprised you did not enter in the endo the contest. You go yay yay, yeah, yeay yay. Well you may have to maybe showcase that on the postgame Dodger talking.
Speaker 9: All right, well we'll check in with that. But the Dodgers have some business at hand tonight, as they don't want to let down after taking two out of three from the Giants and three out of four from the Padres.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I think this is a big, a big homestand there's no question about it. They've been able to kind of right the ship with two teams immediately on their heels and now they've been able to stretch it out a little bit. Giants won their ball game earlier today, so technically there are four games out San Diego, six games out Arizona.
Speaker 2: Who's actually watched Arizona.
Speaker 6: They won't seven in the last ten games, but there's still eight out, So trying to close the gap on that end of it, and I think, you know, trying to take advantage of a ball club here. The Washington Nationals have had some difficulty though. They won their last game before they came into LA that snapped them eleven game losing streaks, so it's eleven to twelve in the lost column. But do not take them lightly. They know some guys they're not afraid to swing the bat, including six foot seven James Webb. That or would I should say that interesting and watched him last night just swinging in the bad obviously a big, tall guy, being six foot seven, slightly open stance, there's nothing dainty about the way that he swings, but he seems to go to home play with a pretty good idea of what he's trying to do.
Speaker 9: That's interesting because also when we were in DC, people around the Nationals told me he as cold as ice. The game never gets too fast, the moment never gets too big from him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and just watching him, he seems to be very even. Well that's on the outside looking in, you know, you don't know what's going on inside. And tonight, hopefully it's going to be a big night for Dustin May on the mound, who's been, you know, rather inconsistent if you look at the last outing, the last couple of outings on top of it, as far as inconsistent in and around the strength zone. And I've said it many times, I'll continue to say it. Dustin May has some of the nastiest stuff that you can look at on the staff. You know, the way his ball moves, velocity is a couple of takes lower than it was before he had the surgeries. That's kind of understandable, and it may take him a little bit more time in order to build that back up.
Speaker 9: When Dustin May's gone right, a lot of ground balls, yep, speaking of that, Mookie Bets, we haven't talked about this a lot. Are you as surprised as some are that Mookie Bets has not only played solid shortstop but is starting to get to be maybe above average defensively?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that doesn't surprise me. And a couple of plays that he's made of recent times have really kind of indicated And they're not plays that we're talking about that your practice. These are plays that it's pure athleticism and the will to want to make the playing in diving for a ball, whether it be on the forehand, whether it be on the back end. We know that he has strong enough arm to go in the hole at shortstop and make the stop and still be able to make the throw to first base. But I think Mookie Bentz, from what we have seen, operates best when people maybe questioned what he can do, and a lot of people were questioning what can he do as a shortstop? Well, he's out here. We see him work every day as hard as anybody in this I think he's taken personally, quite frankly that anyone would have a doubt that he can make the transition from an All Star and Goldglove right fielder to be one of the up rational on shortstops.
Speaker 9: All right, Rick, thanks a lot, And they're replaying ice cubes performance before one of those World Series games out here at Dodgers team before Game two.
Speaker 6: I believe, Yeah, I wonder if you brought the car, we'll see.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't think he's here tonight.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, both the car could be here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe I'll drive it.
Speaker 6: That's called steal it.
Speaker 9: All right, Rick Wall, we'll return it.
Speaker 2: We'll return you'll get pulled over.
Speaker 12: Today was a good day.
Speaker 9: We'll send it back to you. Tim.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks a lot, guys. That's the Dodgers game plan. What's your game playing Dodger fans, I'm out starting your future to California Community College financial aid. It's available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent time to make that next big step.
Speaker 2: In your life.
Speaker 1: Classes can fill up quickly, so on will today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here. On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. But up next we go high and tight with Hey Song Kim. It's the Dodgers and Nationals first pitch at seven to ten.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Katson's a world.
Speaker 1: Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: As we were saying, yes, he's Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Lean you up to Dodgers in National on this Saturday night.
Speaker 2: Tustin May and Jake Irvi. The Bitchi match up.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Baseball is Rochy by Zench Sushi, made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs. You can find it near the deli counter at Ralphs. They got all the different kind of roles you like, the spicy tuna roles, the salmon roles, they got them a favorite one I like mango crunchy dragon roll. They got different platters for you for occasions. They got the poke bulls as well. Again the Zen Shech Sushi counter right near the deli counter at Ralphs. Zen she handkraupted sushi. Always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 4: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 1: It's an engagement of endearment this high and tight.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 9: The Dodgers and Nationals are getting set for Game two of this three game series, and I'm here with everybody's favorite Joe Lee and also hey Son Kim, thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 11: Nick Dona.
Speaker 3: We're doing a pint one and have.
Speaker 9: You felt his song The Love from the City of l a fans love watching you play Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: I feel really I I really appreciate when I get on played. I can hear the fans voice like there's a port. But still I really want to play better. So I really want to play good, and then I really want to contribute to the Los Angeles.
Speaker 9: Hey song, What is the biggest adjustments you feel you still want to make to be even better?
Speaker 11: Sing?
Speaker 9: Sing and baseball wise?
Speaker 3: As a player, I want to contribute on defense wise, defense size and offensive, both of them, and then I want to be a player that contributed to the team wins.
Speaker 9: What's the biggest challenge playing center field? I heard you say the other day the daytime it's tough to see the ball. Are you getting more comfortable when the sun is out here?
Speaker 11: Yesterday pitch.
Speaker 8: To day.
Speaker 11: An, He realized, he.
Speaker 3: The I mean besides the besides the player that I missed the fly ball last time. Uh But right for now, I think I pretty get adapted playing centerfil You know, even if they day games, I'm getting adapted. Uh So for now I'm still like wearing my sunglasses to prevent any mistakes.
Speaker 9: Those are good looking sunglasses too.
Speaker 11: Will we'll sing it looks good after hiding my open face.
Speaker 9: No, no, you got some style, Kim, you got a lot of style. Have people noticed your style out here?
Speaker 3: Take us?
Speaker 11: It's tidy.
Speaker 5: So much?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 9: You know there's a big Korean population in l A. Have you gone outside of l A? Have you gone to Korea town during the Homestand.
Speaker 3: Because at home, Jong, Honey and community.
Speaker 11: Are in the day, well, well home.
Speaker 13: Oh, and then she got there. I'm gonna do I'm in oh yag.
Speaker 11: My name.
Speaker 3: I mean occasionally, I mean I've been to cipher places, but you know, doing home stand is basically like home feel, home feel, So I really have lack of I have a lack of personal time, so I mostly stayed my time in home and field.
Speaker 9: Very dedicated to baseball, the great Hayes song Kim, before I let you go earlier on this homestand you had a chance to reunite with a former teammate, Jung Hu l What was it like seeing him and playing against him in Major League Baseball?
Speaker 3: Ya, i'mological they could. I mean, you know, it was really fun to play with him against him. Last series with San Francisco, I only played one game out of three, but that game was really fun and I was really excited to play at that game.
Speaker 9: Is there any player on this team that could beat you the first place you look? But there's a lot of speedy guys Tommy Show.
Speaker 11: Hey, you know about me, Davies?
Speaker 3: Maybe no.
Speaker 9: Thanks a lot for the time. You have a great smile, a great spirit about yourself, and we love having you on the Dodgers.
Speaker 11: I'm trying, SMI.
Speaker 2: You all.
Speaker 11: You get this, so don't keep the rule, kizzl. It's just a kickas I.
Speaker 3: Have the same idea. I'm really happy to be part of the greatest team in MLB Baseball, Major League Baseball, and I really want to contribute to the team.
Speaker 9: Hey, Sung Kim a winner the comment with Joe Lee. Thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 9: There he goes, Hey Sung Kim and Joe Lee, and he'll receive a pair of sunglasses to Canaan's best poll right sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clearer, lighter, and stronger than other lenses and are nearly impossible to scratch. This is Canaan dot Com for your pair, Tim, We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks a lot, of DV. Thank you to Joe Lee for the translation.
Speaker 1: There, what a great guy, hey son, Kim Dodger fans already and join him and what he's been able to do.
Speaker 2: It is short stand Here in the Big Leagues.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game night, it is group at Shaky's dot Com. Or lead you up to first pitch Dodgers Nationals. I'm next to break down this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers playing host of the Washington Nationals on this Saturday night, ice QB Bobblehead Night for the lucky. For forty thousand fans at attendants were able to get that bobblehead. First pitch coming up at seven.
Speaker 4: Ten and now before the Dodgers hit the dineck, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: It's presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Work hard and play hard in a New Tacoma with an I forced turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Jake Irvin on the mound five and three with a four to twenty three ERA twenty eight year old right hander. Fourth round pick of the Nationals in twenty eighteen out of Oklahoma, He's in his third season now in the big leagues, all to the Nationals. Making his sixteenth start last time out, six innings, three runs, five hits, five strikeouts and a no decision against the Colorado Rockies. Jake Irvin is one in two with a four to eighty eight RA and twenty three strikeouts, and five previous appearances against the Dodgers in his young career. Dustin May on the mound four, the four to forty six ERA twenty seven year old right hander finally healthy here in twenty twenty five. He is second on the team and starts already behind Yoshiyamamoto after missing twenty three and most of twenty four. Making his fourteen start, He's three to zero in his last five starts. Last time out, six innings, three runs, six hits, four walks, three strikeouts in a winner with the San Francisco Giants. He's facing the Nationals for just the second time this season, in the second time in his career. Last start against him April seventh at Nationals Park, he went six innings. He allowed three runs, only one of them was earned, three hits, struck out one, but took the.
Speaker 2: L in a loss to the Nationals.
Speaker 1: Dustin May, Jake Irvin Dodgers Nationals for fifteen minutes away for first pitch at Dodger Stadium. Hey's to the game, our next I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All season.
Speaker 1: Low Dodgers in National Square and off. Game two of this three game weekend set. Dustin May and jacobber the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: Dodgers twenty nine to thirteen at home this season, best home record in the Major Leagues. The Boys in Blue have been taking care of business at home, and it's important they have the right game plan to protect their house. Same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. It's fireworks season. Fourth of July is going to be here in a few weeks, so make sure you're always practicing fireworks safety. Use safe insane fireworks that display the California State Fire Marshall Seal. Always read the directions and ensure fireworks are only lit by adults. Never use fireworks in near dry grass or other flammable materials. For more about these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot ca dot. We head back out to the booth. Tim Nebertrick Monday, guys.
Speaker 5: Tim, thanks again. We're getting you ready for the start of this one here at Dodger Stadium. Jake Irvin, the right hander, gets the start for the Nationals. Dustin May will go for the Dodgers for May. He's been fine four and four, three and oh since the twenty first of May, but he has exhibited some control issues. He has seven hit batsmen this year to go with thirty walks. So that's one thing he's like to harness is the free passage.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and as a result, the pitchcount has really gone up and gone up early in ballgames. And Dave Robertson, I look, we love for him to go six or seven innings, but it's not going to happen if the pitch count is very high, and you know, you talk about hitting some batters. He's had multiple games where he's head A couple of walks also have not really helped him. Dodgers have to figure out, also Irving, who's going to be on the mound. Lefties have hit better than right handers, and if we look at the Dodger lineup, they have four lefties in their lineup, five if you count the switch hit or with Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 5: Irvin's allowed fourteen total home runs, ten of them from left handed hitters. Jake Irvin against Dustin May, Dodgers and Nationals.
Speaker 2: Game two.
Speaker 5: There's three games set on the way.
Speaker 1: Tim all right, first pitches next, David Vassain's got you cover with all the postgame.
Speaker 2: Winning is over.
Speaker 1: Dodgers trying to continue to win it at home, best home record in the baseball so far in twenty twenty five. Looking to get it done tonight with Dustin May on the mound. First pitch is next, and joint I'm Tim Katese's been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio that work