Speaker 1: And welcome to Sydney. Stumpo chop his nails on WBZ And we have a very interesting person in the studio right now, as far as I'm concerned, a very unique, loving, caring human being. I don't think there's many of you out there anymore, like people don't care anymore. But I need to introduce you. So what is your name?
Speaker 2: My name is Victor, also known as Victor the Good Boss.
Speaker 1: Okay, speaking to go closer, because I don't want people to miss anything to say. Okay, so you have Vic the Good Boss. Yes, why are you Vic the Good Boss?
Speaker 2: I guess the name says it all. I take care of my employees.
Speaker 1: And okay, well let's go back because the listeners don't know what do you do?
Speaker 2: So I do landscaping, masonry, a little bit of construction.
Speaker 1: Right up my avenue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe I can do some work for you. You show you how good my crew is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We always need new guys, right, yeah, thirties because I can't handle the guys anymore. They have in their fifties, but they I'm responsible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, getting tired, Yeah, I getting tired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We're all getting tired. The average GC is fifty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say the.
Speaker 1: Average plumbers in their forties late forties and the average electricians in their early forties across America right now. Yeah, so we got we've got a problem. It's nice to see a nice, good looking guy.
Speaker 2: By the way, thank you.
Speaker 1: Same he's married, yeah, I mean he's engaged this pump okay please, okay, I'll be the Italian mother. You can't date him anyways, he's getting I can be both come half and half. Okay. So you're a good boss because you take care of you help, you treat them kindly, You treat them like human beings, right, that's right. So you believe that loyalty factor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're loyal to you, guys, they're gonna be loyal to you. They're gonna stay. You know, they're gonna stick around.
Speaker 1: Well, Sea Stumple has been around for thirty seven years because of that philosophy and never has had a lawsuit on anything not by an end user, a vendor, or subcontractor. I don't think we've ever had a workman's complaim.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Knock on wood please. With that, With all that being said, most of the time you teach people loyalty by showing that's right, and you're always going to get that one idiot that has zero.
Speaker 2: Loyalty, right, and they're always going to be there.
Speaker 1: They're always going to be there. But the majority have found out. They've all watched her grow up. Some of these guys are still with me from day one.
Speaker 2: That's loyalty.
Speaker 1: And I'm not thirty five years old anymore, right, So a lot of those guys have died that I started with at twenty three years old and retired. Oh wait, was a big loss those years eight nine to ten. A lot of guys went in became inspectors and salesmen or whatever. But I've seen it all out here. But what I can tell you the I'm seeing, and you're young enough to you'll be able to feel this, is that the next generation coming up, these sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty year old kids, they know what they want, they know what they want, and the ones that want to go to vocational school going and they want to learn the trades, and the ones that want to become doctors, lawyers, and everything in between. It's like, if we don't have, if we don't need a college education, we're going into the trades, that's right. Yeah, and I'm going to say it. I've been saying for fourteen years. Your next million years are plumbers, hvac's, electricians. Now they're talking about it, but we can go back to my TV show fourteen years. I don't even know how long ago, how long two thousand and what, nine, ten, nine ten, that we talked about it radio. I've been talking about it for nine years and you name it. I've been on it, pushing the trades. Yeah, so it's now, but we've lost fifteen years of getting good guys out there, right, So I don't know, but you guys will, you'll feel for a while. You're going to find that. You know, good subs are hard to get, but you're going to train your guys up for what you do. You know, as long as.
Speaker 3: You keep your guys, you know, if you're happy with them, you're loyal, they're going to stay.
Speaker 1: But you also have to learn masonry. Macery is not oh my god, yeah, I mean no, it's not. I mean people don't understand. They think, okay, yeah you can. You can slap it together for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to fall apart in three years.
Speaker 1: What I by it I'll know that you threw it. I'm like, oh boy, okay, right, So but to teach them, you know, teach them and show them. And but it is a form.
Speaker 2: Of art, Yeah, it definitely is.
Speaker 1: But what makes you other besides a good boss and loyal you bring something very special to what you do for the public out here in Boston, and I want my listeners to know what you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like to take homeless people off the streets if they're struggling with addiction. I like to do random acts of kindness and make the world a better place. That's my main things.
Speaker 1: So what you're taking a lot for granted here I watch you on Instagram. Yeah, you can be putting yourself into very dangerous situations out there, extremely dangerous and you're by yourself in that truck.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sometimes my friends with me, but most of the time I'm by myself and.
Speaker 1: You're just stopping and you're you're paying for this out of your pocket.
Speaker 2: Yeah for the most part.
Speaker 1: You know, you get married, right, Yeah, you're just gonna tell you, like, hey, buddy Weened that we're gonna have a child soon, like you need to, like.
Speaker 2: I have two kids, Oh, you have two kids?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all right, So and you do this because why you just want to sincerely help people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I know there's some people that are on the streets are you know, struggling with addiction that they didn't choose that life.
Speaker 2: It just happened.
Speaker 3: You can get into an accident and then go to the hospital, get prescribed a pill or whatever. He addicted, and then you're addicted. You know, not everyone chooses it. Yeah, I mean when I was young, I was stupid. I chose drugs because I wanted to. But I cleaned my act up and I ended up going to prison and I came a long way, you know, I really.
Speaker 1: So you've been on both sides. There go that now, so you've lived in that lifestyle and now you're living this lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And obviously at what age did you switch? What age were you when you got arrested.
Speaker 3: I was arrested, so I went to prison in twenty twelve. I got out at the end of twenty and thirteen. So when I when I was in prison, that's when I changed. I've always been a good person, you know, I was like always a good person. I just I made the wrong decisions and it led me. You know, into the wrong crowd and bring it. I grew up in Saugus.
Speaker 1: Okay, you no a truck kid. Yeah, I'm an a truck kid.
Speaker 3: I dropped out of high school. School just wasn't for me. And like I said, I've always been a good kid. It's just I made the wrong decisions.
Speaker 1: So you would never Okay, you're you were partying, You're doing all the wrong things. But you were an addicted that the addiction bugg didn't get you.
Speaker 2: Well it did.
Speaker 3: I was physically addicted, so you yeah, yeah, And then I was selling them to support my habit. And then when I went to prison, that allowed me to get clean. I had to get clean in prison.
Speaker 1: I didn't know there's more drugs in prison the result.
Speaker 3: There are, but I chose not to do it. So well, so you get to prison one time I did it, but after that was it.
Speaker 1: Well that's the one time doesn't count. You just block that one off. But you're in prison and you're there for a year obviously, so you didn't get a big set. It almost so terrible. What did you do?
Speaker 3: So I was selling drugs, got selling drugs, possession with intent and I was looking at you know, five to seven years in the beginning, but they dragged, they dragged it out so long.
Speaker 2: It was three years I was out.
Speaker 3: On bail, and then I was showing good, you know, started a business, doing the right thing.
Speaker 2: But then after see that's the.
Speaker 1: Pot I don't like. So you had three years behind you doing the right thing, opened up a company, started business, and let's put your backwards, which could have set you backwards, which I don't like that pot. Yeah right, and now you see people get a jail that do horrific things and doing even get sentenced and you're going.
Speaker 2: Why huh, I know it's crazy.
Speaker 1: So the judge sees you going in a good direction, it just doesn't give you. Okay, you gotta wear an ankle bracelet for a year. Yeah, amazing, how things have changed. Huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is crazy.
Speaker 1: World is in less than a decade. In eight years. Yeah, do you guys break into one of my client's houses home arm invasion? Yeah, let them out on an ankle bracelet. That's crazy and one thousand dollars bail. Think they're here? This is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The systems messed up.
Speaker 1: So messed up, and you hear you out doing the right thing three years opened up Starge of landscaping company. I would assume, right, yeah, and it could have set you back tenfolds, but you didn't allow it to.
Speaker 3: No, I definitely didn't. I have a great family. You know, my family.
Speaker 1: When did you realize you had that great family when you came out of jail?
Speaker 3: No, I've known it my whole life, you did, yeah, okay, Yeah, they've always supported me, even when I was in jail all that.
Speaker 1: I thought, we gotta go to break Yep, I'm Sinning Stump and you listen Toughest Nails on WBZ, and we'll be right back and welcome back to Tough Nails on WBS. And I'm Cindy Stumpo and I'm here with Samantha and.
Speaker 2: The Good Boss, the Good Boss.
Speaker 1: We're gonna just keep calling the Good Boss. Okay. I like them. So you knew you had a good family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: I think most kids they got a good family.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, do.
Speaker 1: You think most kids have good families? No?
Speaker 3: No, I think there's a lot of kids that come from I guess they call them broken houses, or you can have.
Speaker 1: A broken house. What does that doesn't mean if you have a crappy mom and dad, whether together or not. Yeah, then you got a crappy mom and dad. That's it. That's it right, right, Well, you get one, but then one holds the family together, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But I feel like there's such a stereotype or broken house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is a stereotype. I mean, look at you know, your dad and I separated when you were already seventeen, sixteen, seventeen, Yeah, so you would already I liked it. Through you liked it.
Speaker 4: Everyone wild stop helicoptering me.
Speaker 1: It was great, But already you're at that age. But I never saw a household where you fought. So like when.
Speaker 4: People tell me that, like their parents got divorced, and all I did was see my parents fight, I go, I don't know.
Speaker 1: What that is.
Speaker 3: So that was kind of my household. So my parents did split. I ended up living with my mother. You know, they fought. There's a lot of just yelling and screaming, breaking things from my father's side. And I don't know, maybe me seeing that as a kid really just changed the way that you think.
Speaker 1: More fathers of the mothers. I think it's fifty fifty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really, I feel like the mothers are more more sweet, like my mother, she's sweet, she's you know, she's great to me. My father's more strict. He's from Portugal, from the Azors. Yeah, and my mother wasn't as strict.
Speaker 1: So I guess I'm my family's the opposite.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the one that all her friends and guys in the twenties, I'm not. Yeah, I'm gonna keep walking to Sydney stumble is your mother? Yeah, I don't want to end up with some many shoes on my feet on the Child's river. So I'm just gonna keep walking. But I think in my generation, the father, you, Dad's coming home, and Mom's like, I'm wait till your father comes home from work, right, and you know it's just Mom was just mom and dad was like okay. He gave me that one look with the eyebrow, and I knew stage left, like I pushed all the buttons. But I never had parents that put their hands on my brother. Ye, right, So I just think that my generation, I think, and also being from the North Shore and then moving to Newton, I didn't even know what stepmother and father was until I moved to Newton. I didn't know. I came home and said, mom, everybody has stepped this and stepdad. How come people? And she explained to me, well, how come it's not like that and people, and she's like, everybody's too poor to get divorced, to just be together. Oh I see, so if you're rich, you can get divorced if you're poor. But okay, so we've established that both parents either the mom can be real jerk off when the father can be White people have kids, say I think you owe your kids for the rest of your life to me. I brought you in this world. I can take you out and I will take care of you for the rest of my life. That's the way I grew up, so and that's how I treat I'll.
Speaker 2: Always be there for my girls. I'll never walk out of them. Put it that way.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now you come out of jail, you go, you do your time, You come back to your business. Who's running your business while you're in the kid.
Speaker 2: I had had to let it go, so I restarted it.
Speaker 1: Say that. See that that's where that's the system failed you. As I'm concerned, maybe maybe that system didn't fail you at the end, because when you came.
Speaker 2: Out, maybe stronger.
Speaker 1: Made you strong.
Speaker 4: Wait, so I want to what age.
Speaker 2: So when I went into jail.
Speaker 4: The second time, first time the first time, but then you have one time. But then you said something happened and he lost his business.
Speaker 2: That's yeah. I was out on bail. So I went to jail just for like a night, a couple of nights.
Speaker 1: He gets arrested, Sam judge, he makes bail, and now he goes opens up a company, keeps his ask clean for three years and then they go into court in front of a jury or judge. Yeah, yeah, sentence.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well I was going to court like every month, now I did. I did have a little issue, like at the end of my term, before I knew I was going away, I started using again. Oh okay, yeah, so this is at the very end. And then that's when they said, all right, just put him in no more, you know, keeping him out on bail.
Speaker 1: So and then you got caught with this issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was still looking at jail time, but then I got caught. It was like three years later.
Speaker 1: There's a chance that if you didn't mess up at that three year point, you might not have got No.
Speaker 2: I still would have went no matter what, Yeah, no matter what. But I had that hanging over my head.
Speaker 3: I was so stressed out starting a business knowing that I'm still going to prison. So I think that just pushed me back into doing drugs.
Speaker 1: We could all make excuses, of.
Speaker 2: Course, yeah, but I know what I did was wrong.
Speaker 1: And so we know that you've sat on both sides of the table. Now now you clean from drugs. How long.
Speaker 2: Thirteen years and just celebrated thirteen years.
Speaker 1: Is it a fight for you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Not Now it's been so long you don't care. No, it just doesn't even cross my mind. I just think of my kids. And your drug was opioids, cocaine with alcohol.
Speaker 1: You liked everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was a party animal. I really was.
Speaker 1: So now today, thirteen years later, you decide how many years ago that you're going to drive around the streets of Boston and help people. I've seen you bring food and take them to get food and say you're ready to get clean. When you're ready to get clean, here's my car, and I'll get your bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But and you're doing this, and you're self financing all this on your own.
Speaker 3: So I do gofundmes. I started a nonprofit. Now, every person that wants to come off the streets. I do, like I said, a GoFundMe and that's how that gets funded.
Speaker 1: The small it's the state money here, buddy.
Speaker 2: I don't get any state money.
Speaker 1: No, no, I know. But isn't it bothering you that you're out there?
Speaker 2: Definitely?
Speaker 1: And we're a rich state, mass Okay, we're called taxa chuosets for yes, right, so, and I don't I won't make this political. But now you're out there, single handlely trying to help people. And then all these micros come here and they get health care and they got what they got hotel, phones, medical.
Speaker 2: But what about the people that are here, that.
Speaker 1: Have been here, that were born and raised in Boston.
Speaker 3: It's sad because what I'm doing is actually working. You know, these people that want to come off the streets, I'm giving them everything that they need, and I'm doing it with minimal resources. You know, if I get a scholarship, they take that scholarship, they go to a private, paid facility where they're going to get better care. I know, people say you can get clean anywhere as long as you put your mind to it, But if you go to a private facility versus a state facility, it's going to be much easier for you to actually do this going private.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but private costs money. They don't have health insurance, and we know it's some money grabbed. Yeah, big time, right, it's a big time money.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of facilities that are just in it for the money. I've partnered in the past with the ones that I think actually care about people.
Speaker 1: But what happens when there's no money to get them to help? They'll let them go in. First of all, detoxing off heroin, you're out in three four days, that's correct there.
Speaker 3: Well, now it's fetanyl, so it's like six seven days for the fetanyl.
Speaker 2: Then you have trank. There's a new drug called trank that's eating your flesh. Great, it's it's awful.
Speaker 3: It's more in Kensington. I found that out because I just took a female off the streets almost ninety days ago, and she was living on the streets for three years.
Speaker 2: And that's a whole nother story we can get into.
Speaker 1: We are they living on the streets in Boston, how in the cold and this was a cold winter that we just had, you know, And they don't go in, they don't go to shelters. Some of them do, and Honey is still on just massive.
Speaker 4: Just drive by you can see it.
Speaker 3: Is definitely more and more clean now you know, they did a good job cleaning it up.
Speaker 1: But they do push them further down, further down.
Speaker 3: I think there's I don't know exactly where they put them, but there is some housing. But there's still some people you know on the streets.
Speaker 2: But you're you're high. You're high as a kite on drugs like the cold weather doesn't really you know.
Speaker 4: They're walking around talking like on bananas, thinking they're talking on a phone.
Speaker 1: That's what it looks like.
Speaker 2: It's very sad.
Speaker 1: I can't I can't go look at that.
Speaker 2: It's sad, it really is, and it's scary too, just.
Speaker 1: On two hyper sense of ones.
Speaker 4: I think it's sad that they could bring them all to the island off a quinsy. That's an empt that's empty. That was a hospital and they don't use it, I know, because they don't want them the quinsy may or just not want them.
Speaker 1: Driving through there. What do you mean we have the host.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was in insane hospital at some point and so yeah, and they shut it down because they say stopped the bridge from going there. They could bring them all there by boat or anything, but they won't. The quinsy mayor keep stopping it from happening. Yeah, that's not an empty building.
Speaker 1: So there's no neighbors around. You have to take a boat to get there.
Speaker 3: It makes sense to bring them there exactly. But you need a staff the place, with actual staff that's going to care about them and not just be there for their paycheck.
Speaker 2: That's another thing too, you know, people have to care.
Speaker 3: Like me, I care so much about these people that I help because I know that they want to do it. They're they're giving me, you know, that chance to help them, So that tells me they want to do it. So I go above and beyond and help them.
Speaker 1: But here, look at I have to. I've been a construction for thirty seven years. You know what construction breeds. Okay, yeah, especially you know I mean now the last I'd say, the last ten years, all the guys have got older. Yeah, I mean, so they're not dabbling, they're not you know, they're not in their thirties anymore. They're not acting like idiots. No more fistfights every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're smartened up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not coming drunk and high and worked out, and then you the ones I have helped you flashing that. I say, give me ten seconds. My producer wants to stop giving me twenty three seconds, and I want to show them I'm going to break. We're going out to commercial. His name is Ross. You can hit him if you want. I'm Sidy stumbling. He listens to his nails on WBZ and we'll be right back and welcome to Cindy Stumpo tough his nails on. I'll be busy, and I'm here with Sammy. I'm here with the good what the good boss? Okay, I can tell you this and and maybe I'll understand what I'm saying, and maybe you won't. There were so many guys along the way that would help. And I mean I did this in my twenties, my thirties, my forties, and I go into meetings and I walk up, I'd come on a job. I would know in a minute, like you had that look in your eyes, like shoot, he's gonna take himself out. That's gonna be this. He's gonna he's gonna leave work, he's gonna get high. Yeah, he's been cleaned for a year or two years, three years come on, we're going to a meeting. We'd open the books. Back in those days, i'd have books in my track right to where the local meetings were, right, and I'd be walking to meetings in Newton Brookline and here's where my business is, right, yeah, and people looking at me like, you know, this is not a good look for you, and I and somebody walked over to me and said, well, and I'm really here. I'm here to save him. And then I walked into meetings with guys and they'd say, we don't we're not comfortable with Sidney Stumble here because she's not an addict. And then yeah, we'd ever be running the meeting would say, look, you know, you get somebody's uncomfortable you being here. That's their problem. Yeah, and I ain't leave it. But when you give so much time to these guys and they just keep falling down and falling down and falling down, and then you get to a point where you've given them money and you know what they're going to go do with the money, right, then at some point my empathy would run out. When I lost the empathy, which would take me years to fail a guy like really, it would take me maybe five ten years. But once I once you lost my empathy, I was done. Yeah, And I don't want to be that way, right, you have to at that point, you're not helping yourself.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: They have to want to help themselves. And I mean, I go through the same thing and someone just wants to go back to that their old ways. I just sit on the sidelines.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: If they want to come back and clean again, I'll help them, but I'm not going to put in the effort that I put in the beginning.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of work.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of.
Speaker 1: Work, and then their problems become your problems, and then I'm a cancer. So then all of a sud it's just running through me and I'm thinking, God, you know he's out on the street. It's going to die then, you know, then all of a sudden, you know, the fatanyl And I mean I went looking for David Sammy and it's so crazy. Couldn't find David. I reached out to his whole family on Facebook. And then David gets in touch with me while I was in Florida. But I opened up the same pattern because I sent him money.
Speaker 2: It was Christmas time and that's the thing. I don't do good.
Speaker 1: And then you know he wasn't doing good, and it was like, do you have fifty bucks a hundred bucks? That's not going to make or break me in my life, but you're not doing the right thing, David, right. And this kid was with me from eighteen years old seventeen, so I don't even know what you know, a long time with me, and it's just what it is. So you go out there and you go out there and you spend your money. You're driving around and let the listeners hear some of these stories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean my first success story. Kid was just hanging a sign on the corner in Lowell and I just rolled up and said, what's up, man, you want a job? And he's like, I do want to work, but I don't have a valid ID. So maybe in the business owner, I don't care. I don't need your ID.
Speaker 2: Like, let's go.
Speaker 3: You want to work, let's go. So he took me up in my offer. It wasn't right then and there he ended up. I think it was like two weeks later he took me up my offer, and so many people came together because the video went viral because everyone cared for him. You know, he wanted to get off the streets, but he needed that person to approach him. And sometimes that's all people need. It's just that one person to just be like, hey, give me an opportunity and let me run with it.
Speaker 2: So that's what happened.
Speaker 3: We got him a full scholarship down in Texas and he stayed down there for like two maybe three months. This was like three years ago, and people from all over the world knew who he was. His name was Kevin, and it was just insane how many people he reached. And it just took off from there. Like when the main thing was I told him, if you do this, I will fly you to treatment. I will come back to pick you up. I showed him, or I told him that I would, you know, be there for him. I wouldn't just stick him somewhere and leave. So I think that just made him think like, oh my god, this kid actually cares about me. And then I told him I give a job. He was, I want to say, the same age as me. So he was like thirty three at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you just how many nights or days out of your month you do this?
Speaker 3: I do it almost every day, every day, if I approach someone, if I see someone.
Speaker 1: You're driving through Boston, Listen, you're not just in areas that you're looking. I mean just as you have to go into these areas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Boston, it's Lowell, it's Chelmsford, Hampshire. It's the main areas, you know, off a highway where people.
Speaker 1: What about when you offer them food to help.
Speaker 2: Some of them say no, I'm good, I don't want food.
Speaker 1: Anybody get angry with you, want to like hurt you or I mean you're a big boy.
Speaker 3: But it was one time where I thought this kid was going to try and do something because he wanted a dollar for me. Kept on asking me for a dollar, and I wouldn't give him a dollar until he told me what it was for. He said it was for socks, and then I just kept saying no, and then finally he said it was.
Speaker 2: For drugs and he gave them the doll I think I gave him the dollar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was a dollar going to buy him?
Speaker 3: A dollar towards the drugs? So if you ask me for a dollar, ask the person behind me. This was a McDonald's drive through.
Speaker 1: Now I see on a lot of your you know your posts. You're getting food for these people too. It's like you just pull up on them and you hand them food.
Speaker 3: So it's my way to approach them and ask them if they want to get off the streets.
Speaker 1: So what I've seen you say, hey, you're hungry, yeah, and they go yeah, I mean I'm hungry whatever, and then just in your truck, I got food. You got food, and you just give that to them, and then that's that's the conversation.
Speaker 2: Correct. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And just sometimes I say no, we don't want your food.
Speaker 3: Sometimes yeah, because they're sick, you know, they need their dope. Sick, they need their drugs, and I just move on to the next person. But I'll always give my number out, give my card out. And if I give it out to one hundred people, I might get one phone call. It's sad because they're stuck and most of them don't believe me.
Speaker 1: They don't know who I am, so why should they trust you?
Speaker 2: Correct? Yeah, And the.
Speaker 1: Girls get afraid of the women get afraid because you're a man.
Speaker 3: You think they would, but they don't. Yeah, I've helped more men than women.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I get people that comment, why don't you help women. Well, first of all, there's more men on the streets than women.
Speaker 1: Is there? Yeah my opinion, So what you see there's more men?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, what I see there's more men the woman more you know, hidden, and they have a man that goes out and gets this stuff whatever.
Speaker 1: And how many living intents, there's a bunch. This is Boston, this is New Hampshire.
Speaker 2: It's cold, yeah, and him's are getting older. I know. I don't know how they do it. I really don't.
Speaker 1: And then you're going to these people, you don't know the viruses they're carrying.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Does that make you nervous at all?
Speaker 3: I try not to think about it because I like to think that they're you know, normal, They're not any different than me.
Speaker 2: I mean, even though they could.
Speaker 1: Be living on the streets, you could have parasites, you could have viruses.
Speaker 3: I just don't think about that. It's very rare that I think about it. The only thing that's on my mind.
Speaker 1: Is you know that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Correct?
Speaker 1: And I see you got no rubber gloves on it at all. You never have a mask on.
Speaker 3: I guess when I approach them, I don't want to be that person to have a glove on and they're like, who the hell is this guy? Like, get them away from me. I want them to accept me for you know, approaching them. I don't want to make it seem like I'm scared of them in any way. I mean, anyone in the streets.
Speaker 1: Could have some of the videos I've watched. I've been scared for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people say that.
Speaker 1: So I'm just hoping that it turns out. It's okay, John, you can stay in here, just sit up. It's a good conversation because John is my HVAC guy. So John's the construction visit too. And we watched one of our one of our good guys go down like you said, never did a drug ever ever and went one twenty eight, gets to a car axe and hits a gas bill when the gas truck went over. And Bobby was with us for twenty years. Wow, And guy was set me in. He plucked. He went to Brandeis University. I think it was gonna be accountant, right yeah, And he said, what am I doing? I want to be with my dad as a plumber. Bought more two families, three families, four plexus, all through his twenties thirties, forties, boom, breaks every bone in his body pretty much goes out of the little window this big and his whole life was ruined, lost his wife, his kids, all his mind. I don't even know what Bobby would be worth today with all that real estate. I can't even put a number on it, because you would just kept buying, buy and buy, smart, very smart, smart like. But again, he didn't know he had the He didn't know he had the bug. I didn't know we had the what I call genetic right, because I really believe a lot of this is you see kids that can party come out of college and never party again. And I think there's a genetic component to who gets addicted and who doesn't. Some people can drink and have fun and not drink, and then there's a person just keeps drinking. Know, they come home every night and have two three drinks, right, but they can function and they got a great business, and so they're functioning alcohols' But we you know, and I and I held on Joe and I held on to Bobby for you know, quite a while, and then finally the guys came to me and said, I can't do this anymore. Right, He's I mean, he came to a drop site. His jeans were on by a rope. It look like something out of you know, what's whatever that guy's name out of you know, I forget that whatever. But hold on, let's go to break. I'm Sinney Stump and you listen Toughest Nails on w BZ. We'll be right back and welcome to Cindy stumpo on Toughest Nails on WBZ. And I'm here with Samantha, and I'm here with.
Speaker 2: The good Boss.
Speaker 1: The good Boss. Let me ask a question, how long do you think you can keep funding this alone? Like it gets to a point where you can't do this anymore? And listen, I give you all the respects in the world that you are doing what you do and you're an awesome person, but you work hard for your money too. Yeah, there's a state called Massachusetts. Okay, have you gone and had any meetings with any of the politicians, Mia Wou or anybody to say, listen, I need some help out here.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I feel like because I was so new, you know, with what I was doing, they just wouldn't believe in me.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just feel like you have to have an establishment for years and I disagree. Yeah, I guess I was just nervous to ask.
Speaker 1: You know how we all are in construction. We just pile through everything. I'm like an excavator, right, Like, nothing's going to stop me, nothing's going to stop you, nothing's going to stop him. We have a different mentality contract. Yeah, we get done. Let's called what is That's true? You have to believe me on that that word. We get We get stuff done. Okay, there's no stopping us. It's just our personalities. It's odd the way we're born. Like, that's why we're in this business. Right, you can do a hotcore and I feel like tough as nails. I don't know, but you gotta. You have a gofund me account, right I do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How many people donating it lately?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 3: I mean in total, I have one fundraiser that we raised thirty thousand, and then a few other smaller ones. But there hasn't been you raise the thirty just by making videos. I just did like a general goalfund me. So every video that I would put out, someone might see it and it would be in my Instagram bio TikTok bio.
Speaker 1: See you're a landscaper. Yeah, you buy mastream products, right, you buy saw it? Yeah, you buy loo right, using trucks, building, retaining walls, extent of your.
Speaker 2: Business right, Yeah, we do a lot of masonry.
Speaker 1: Okay. So me, as a GC, I would be reaching out to all my ved and is going Okay, I need a thousand from you, fifteen hundred from you, two thousand from you, depending on how big a company is, because it's what you're all going to do because I give you so much business. This is what I need you to do. Have you ever thought about going to any of your suppliers? No, well that's a good idea. Yeah, guys, write check out. I'm writing you checks out every week?
Speaker 2: Right, makes sense? Giving them thousands of dollars?
Speaker 1: Hide you seeding? What are you using?
Speaker 2: So I don't hide your seat myself? I sub it out. Can I do a lot of sod okay?
Speaker 1: Buying from Socco? Wherever you're buying from, wherever you're buying, who you're buying.
Speaker 2: The side from y sod Co?
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey Socco, listen, I'm going to come in. I want to talk to you GM blah blah bah. I'll help you.
Speaker 3: See I think that's my problem is I'm always out there on the streets helping people that I have no time to go and try.
Speaker 1: And unfortunately, if you want to keep helping.
Speaker 2: People, correct, I need to turn that there you do.
Speaker 1: Okay, this you're not making any money, You're not taking a salary from this. This is nothing. This is what you're just doing to give back.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: And and like I said, I when I when I had spoke on the phone, I would love to go in that truck with you. But the truth is, you put yourself and I'm carrying. I don't know if you're carrying, but I mean I'm a license carrier, right, so I'd felt a little better with my my I'd have like four guns in that truck with you. I got to be.
Speaker 2: Honest, let me know what day you want to come.
Speaker 1: You'd have to take me first to Erias that I would trust a little bit more like ever, it revealed like you can't bring me up to like Sealim Nehm shitter bed. It was like you know or but when I watch it, it's like Okay, Sydney and I was gone for I had to go fishing job in Florida. But no, you need help, buddy, you can't do this. And the empathy, you know, this, all this hits home with me. It's not it's not like I'm foreign too this right. I lost a brother from one line of cocaine in nineteen ninety. That's unheard of. Yeah, you don't even know what nineteen ninety is. You're not old enough.
Speaker 2: So I was born ninety.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go, you're one years old, right, So.
Speaker 3: No, but it is unheard of, just one line, that's right, right, So no fetanola.
Speaker 1: Nothing, nothing. Somebody was there. One was somebody from Harvard or whatever it was there and whatever happened, they left, and they left him to die. They could have called nine one one. He probably went to a seize or something happened. There was nothing near nothing. So all this always hits home with me. Makes me very sad. But I've never drank. I've never had a glass of alcohol, because that's good. I always said to my kids, you don't want to become addicted to something. They never try it. That's the only way. But you never know when you when it's going to bite you. Right, And I wave about, you know. I went by my cousin kids all the time she they went through the whole thing with I don't know they were going to something, doing those stupid extits. What are we doing? Actually, I'm watching her and a brother like to be ahead, right, But after three days never started press before my life came back and never wanted to touch it ever again.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go. You learn your lesson, and.
Speaker 4: Now they use those same things to get people out of depression, anxiety on all of that.
Speaker 1: So maybe that was a triggering moment for me. I don't know what it was, but I'm glad that I knew. After the fact. I'm like, y'all doing what you do what in California. But she was also an age I had to let it go too. I mean it sounds like she was eighteen. How old were you in twenty eight? Wow, you've changed a lot, tenuous, But so we got to get through those twenties. I was not that girl. I was very responsible, liable, got married twenty had her at twenty three, had opened up car dealerships with my ex husband at twenty yeah instead of my construction company twenty three. There was no stop in me.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: That's just that was the I know your generation calls to the mindset. That was just my brain. Yeah, so my brain's saying that you need help.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So for all you listeners that are listening right now, how do they reach out to donate money?
Speaker 2: They can go to the Good Project dot us. They can just go to.
Speaker 1: My how they go to you? Because I know the money that you bring in, you bring to the streets. I don't like these big funds where you don't know where the money is going. How do people donate to your fund where we know, I know that the money is going to the streets, meet.
Speaker 2: Up with me and see me in person.
Speaker 1: But you said you had a gofund me account.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a gofund me account.
Speaker 1: How do people find that?
Speaker 2: They could go to.
Speaker 3: My TikTok Instagram, there's links all over all.
Speaker 1: Well, let's make it simple because there's two types of people out there, people that are older that use Facebook. Right, guys, it's an older generation uses Facebook, which they're probably more generous. Right, So are you on Facebook?
Speaker 2: I am?
Speaker 1: So how do they find you on Facebook?
Speaker 2: Everything is Victor the Good Boss every right.
Speaker 1: So Victor the Good Boss is on Facebook.
Speaker 2: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube.
Speaker 1: And that is that gofund me accountach to every one of those.
Speaker 2: No, it's not the.
Speaker 1: What you tell me for. I need the ones that are connected. See, this is about this is you see how he is. He's not even about raising money. This is crazy.
Speaker 2: I know. I'm just worried about helping people. And I know I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've had it in my bio for so long and it's like no one donates, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just never had You.
Speaker 1: Never had a person like Sidney Stumble on your team?
Speaker 2: Correct, I need the right person.
Speaker 1: But see, I'll go after everyone. Like one of my guys falling hard times at Christmas time. Yeah, and everybody made a donation to him. I called him in Florida. Call him every guy at Christmas time. Send this guy one hundred, send him two hundred. I don't want to hear. No, I know what I pay you guys, send him money. Right, So one guy falls on hard times, the other guys pick up, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then the guy we helped, he went out and he paid it all back by helping out somebody else that works with this company. That's all by giving his labor and helping Shah. She brought her first home in Texakata. So you're now going to go help her because all these guys helped you, Right, it all comes full circle. I'm sure it comes full circle. But if he got into trouble, we would do the same for him. But all my guys in construction would help you. It's just we just need to go fund. We need to know how to help you, and people that are listening need to know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess if I make one, so that's the way. That's the best way.
Speaker 1: When I raise, that's the one we can donate tonight if we want to.
Speaker 3: I honestly don't know. There's like so many numbers after it. So let me just tell you this.
Speaker 1: When I find I find it, how does she give you money? Right now?
Speaker 2: I'd have to pull it up my phone? Well, but then do that?
Speaker 1: Put it up on your phone, Hold on, give me my phone. Sheep is creepers.
Speaker 2: I know where that goes.
Speaker 3: There's been so many things that I've done along the way. Let's see, I'll pull it up right now. Yeah, every time I find someone and make a new goalf on me, and that's how I get people to donate for them.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I know you're saying my listener's needs general.
Speaker 2: Let me say, Helen, you haven't I haven't even logged in it. So long.
Speaker 1: VENO you have, you take checks.
Speaker 2: I don't even have Venmo you have checked? You take Yeah, I take checks. Okay, all right, I like your attitude.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Just get right to the point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. Yeah, I don't have time to screw around to make sure you get the money. Okay, I don't have time to screw around. Guys, make it out to who.
Speaker 2: The good project, the good project.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for this. You're gonna be a big part of helping the next person.
Speaker 1: So okay, here's a fifteen donation to start.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. That really means a lot.
Speaker 1: I hold that thought. I'm Sidney Stumpo and you're listening to WBZ and we'll be right back. And I'm Cindy Stumpo and you let's stop his nails on WBZ. Okay, buddy, here's fifteen hundred. Put it through from CS with development. That's the start of trying to raise appreciate it. Hey, yeah, you make it. You have any new book checks on you? No, I have cash cash throwing five hundred right now. John, you're sitting here. You got one hundred bucks, al give it me. I don't.
Speaker 2: How's ass I.
Speaker 1: Don't screw around? All right? How do people donate?
Speaker 3: Go to the Good Project dot us and click the donate button. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: You're walking out of here with twenty one.
Speaker 2: Hundred fifteen sixteen, twenty one.
Speaker 1: Hundred and how they find you again? How are you up?
Speaker 2: Give me some Good Project dot us. Click the donate button and you'll see that.
Speaker 1: Hit the donate mutt, hit the donate button, the donate button, donate button. Everybody, have a great, safe weekend. This is Cindy Stumbo Toughest Nails on WBZ News Radio ten thirty