Speaker 1: Well, look at this. It's Matteias Boom Boom in Hollywood. But here we should first put a jingle. Do you have a jingle? Pete sticking a jingle with Walters? Think like top forty, always think like top forties, progressed them.
Speaker 2: Well, the whole thing descends into the vapid viscosity of a dud. Really, yes it did. That's uh, that's my comments about a picture that came out last weekend.
Speaker 1: We wait, let me let me hear those comments again. Let me let me hear you saying that again.
Speaker 2: Well, the whole thing descends into the vapid viscosity of a dud.
Speaker 1: An English major insulting. Somebody, go ahead, Matthaeas, Boom Boom is live in Hollywood. There's nothing else live in America at this hour. Nothing. Therefore, it's a privileged talk with you about what happened in Hollywood this weekend, summary of box office, and what you're looking forward to this week Matthaias in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, I am looking forward to a picture which is coming out with William Defoe addressed that in just a moment, we had a little scare in Burbank earlier tonight around three o'clock fire started near the De Belle golf course that's in the Verdugo Mountain hillside because a car apparently started this fire went rapidly up the hillside, but they managed to contain it. They were a little concerned around seven to ten, and people watching from the golf course were able to see smoke going up on the hill behind the golf green, so they were a little concerned. May have stopped a few golf games before the eighteenth. Oh but now that fire is contained. Of course people think Burbank. They're thinking, oh, Walt Disney Studios and Universal Pictures. But no, this was just the only This fire department only closed two streets, so before it gets blown out of proportion. The fire department worked very well to contain the forty acre space and managed to nip it in the butt. It's now contained. I think there's some member stale, But that's the excitement in southern calif today.
Speaker 1: And what was the big picture this weekend?
Speaker 2: Well, the big picture this weekend continues to be Spider Man, which just this weekend alone, between August seventh and August ninth, made one hundred and forty five million dollars one hundred and forty five million dollars in three days. Of course, that adds to its total growth, which worldwide is now one billion, six hundred and sixty five million, eighty eight thousand, five hundred and twenty eight dollars. It's just a remarkable turnout for Spider Man, which people are enjoying very much, and it was a very entertaining movie. We talked about it a couple a couple of weeks ago right here on this show, and it continues to be the big attraction this weekend. It's following on the heels of the Odyssey, which is still doing fairly well as well, which has made thirty two million just this weekend. The Odyssey adding it's total aggregate to four hundred and sixty one million, and one night only, the movie I was that I just referred to in that sound by just moments ago that descends into the vapid viscosity of a dud managed to earn five point seven million. It's in third place, but I don't think it'll stay there much longer. Super Troopers three came in with four million dollars, hopefully that'll do better, and Toy Story five is in fifth place with nine million dollars over the weekend, but four hundred and seventy million since it opened.
Speaker 1: What about Supergirl?
Speaker 2: Supergirl is no longer on the list, Walter, I'm so sorry. But Supergirl herself, we hope, will certainly do some exciting things in future. I should do a little investigating around here to see what project she has next, so we can look forward to talking about that, so we can see her again soon on the screen.
Speaker 1: Well, Sandia is now the highest grossing female star in history. Her pictures have grossed more than any other female star ever achieved.
Speaker 2: That's really remarkable. And of course she's in the two big hits that really saved the box office in the last couple of weeks. She's both in Odyssey The Odyssey, and she's in of course Spider Man of Brand New Day, so good for her.
Speaker 1: And then she married Spider Man just in case any pennies were left on the floor, because whatever he has is now hers. I promise you, and I guarantee you she is a better lawyer.
Speaker 2: Looking forward this week to seeing a new Willem Defoe movie where he plays an old poet who lives in New York but who works in the post office. He was once well received and well known, but now somewhat forgotten, and some young admirer appears on his doorstep and lures him into his coterie of twenty something admirers who think he's a rediscovered genius. So it makes for some fun stuff. Greta Lee is also in the movie, So I'm looking forward to seeing seeing it and talking about it this coming weekend with you.
Speaker 1: Have you had a chance to see Star City?
Speaker 2: Not yet, but you've been raving about it, and I've been trying to get over there to the Apple TV folks to take a look, because that whole world of the Russian space program sounds absolutely fascinating, and looking at that from that perspective, it should be really fantastic. You've loved it, You've been attached. You've watched every episode, haven't you?
Speaker 1: Yes? And then Amazon Prime dropped a series called Sterling Point having nothing to do with Me. Surprisingly, do you know about this one?
Speaker 2: No? I haven't heard about that. Well.
Speaker 1: Sterling Point dropped on Friday and it was the number one Amazon Prime viewed show. It's an eight episode series and it's based on nothing. It's not based on a book or anything. It's about rich, horny teens in cottage country in Canada, and right there that should be enough. Yet surprisingly, unlike off campus, there's no nudity. Tragically, yet it's such a compelling story you will actually watch it. Such as compelling story that I was completely confused all the way through, and yet I couldn't stop watching it.
Speaker 2: Okay, one of those.
Speaker 1: One of those, pretty much the heart of the dialogue went like this, Oh, how are you feeling? Are you okay? That's pretty much the bulk of the dialogue that took place. Hi, how are you doing? Are you okay? It needless to say, I'd say it has more female than male appeal.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if I'm going to look forward to that or not, but I'll give it a shot and see what happened.
Speaker 1: Well, it's about cottage country in Canada. You know about cottage country in Canada?
Speaker 2: No tell us about it.
Speaker 1: Sure, they don't refer to their mansions on the on the Arctic Lakes in Canada as mansions. They call them cottages. The rich people call their eighteen room estates cottages. And yeah, and they they go up to the lake region of southern Canada is called cottage country and the richer you are, the bigger your cottage. And it's a charming, beautiful, lovely, insanely well reviewed series. It was variety like that. Every reviewer adored this thing, so I would urge you to watch it. Sterling point, Sterling Point, Matthias Boom easy to remember, Yes, Sir Sterling Boom Boom in Hollywood. How do we find you on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Mattias, Well, you'll find me on Facebook at Mattias Boomball's Hollywood. That's m A T I A S. Bom Ba l apostrophe s Hollywood, just like the city Mattias Bomball's Hollywood on Facebook, Walter, and looking forward to chatting with you some more.
Speaker 1: You're going to find out the fate of Millie Alcock.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's my assignment.
Speaker 1: That's your assignment, buddy. All right, Thank you very much for being on the other side of Midnight with Walter Sterling.