Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. What's up, buddy.
Speaker 2: Not much, buddy.
Speaker 1: It is eleven twenty seven pm on Saturday, September sixth, kind of back to dubs a p hours. We just wrapped up the first ever PGT Bounty Blitz Tournament Series series. Yes, that is true tournament series. Thank you for finishing my sentence. I appreciate that. We're gonna talk all about it. We got a little bit of a recap here. We wanted to get this one out of the way before we get into PGT. Venetian is coming up later this week. After that, in what two weeks week and a half or so, it's the Poker Masters. So we got a lot of PGT stuff, as we outlined on the last episode of the podcast during the month of September, So we're going to kind of do things after every single series as always. If you are listening, no matter where you're listening, please give us a favorite, follow the show, leave a review, five stars, all that good stuff. If you are watching on YouTube, like it's that little thumbs up button below the video subscribe to the channel drop a comment as well. A lot of fun stuff coming in from the last episode when we did the PGT Players Equals This wrestler got a lot of different messages, talking to a lot of different people that we saw in the studio and whatnot. Everyone had their kind of opinions, so that was fun. A couple people, they were not a couple. One person one negative review and it was Matt Savage the only negative review. Yeah, I didn't hear any other negative reviews, did you exactly?
Speaker 2: So just I mean, it's just a height.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it's a problem with that versus a problem with what we're doing here. But the gimmick was fun. I thoroughly enjoyed it. So maybe we'll do those more in our downtime as we try and you know, we talk about some of the more boring stuff, but.
Speaker 2: Spice it up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Speaking of spicing things up, spice up your poker play today with play poker Go. Head on over to play poker go dot com, sign up for free for free online poker, and if you do that before December tenth, then play a hand. So sign up and play a hand a free online poker at playpoker go dot com before December tenth. Then you get entered into a drawing to win a dream seat to come out here to the studio and play in the season ending PGT Million Dollar Championship. That is right, a single hand of free online poker and you could find yourself playing in a million dollar free year role for a five hundred k first place prize. No purchase necessary. Must be twenty one or old and a US resident to enter. Full rules and details can be found on pokergro dot com slash rules but again that is playpoker gro dot com, or you can download the app to iOS or Android. Let's get into this PGT Bounty Blitz, which I kept like writing and talking and saying and whatever, kept calling it the Bounty series, and I had like delete stuff and correct myself. I'll probably stumble over my own words a few times throughout this episode, but we'll see if we can get on through first everone mm hmm. I would say that we took a chance to do this series, and we'll talk about some of the results. But first and foremost, mister Jeremi Becker, the guy who at the win a couple days ago told us he might not play.
Speaker 2: The series, doesn't.
Speaker 1: Hates bounties, never plays them, doesn't do well on them, so he doesn't like to play them. All that sort of stuff. He comes out here, not only does he play, he final tables not one, not two, not three, not four, but five of the six tournaments. Five he won the first one, he had, the second place in another one. He just finished third in the final event. I mean, the guy absolutely destroyed. I believe he cashed for around one hundred and thirty five to one hundred and forty thousand dollars total when you include the bounty money that he won.
Speaker 2: How many points did he finish with? Picked up one hundred and eighty five points.
Speaker 1: One hundred and eighty five points for his quest towards qualification for the season ending PGT Million Dollar Championship, which he seems to think he's drawing dead. But I don't think he's drawing dead. There are plenty of events left on the schedule if he's able to just rip off one of the big ones.
Speaker 2: You know, if he, let's say.
Speaker 1: Wins PGT Venetian or you know, wins the five K showcase opener for Poker Masters, or even like final tables those you know, that could be a couple hundred points or so. Yeah, and then he's you know, right there in the mix of things. There's plenty of stuff at Poker Masters, the true classic, rags to riches. There is stuff in Texas if he wants to go down there and gam wants some plot napt stuff. He was there last year. I would expect him to be there this year. Maybe he's not playing the fifty k, but I think the other stuff he can certainly be in there. I think on this year's NABT they have a twelve k quattro they do, and now that he's mister Bounty, I mean he needs to go in there and just show everyone what's up.
Speaker 2: So there's that.
Speaker 1: So he's got plenty of last chance as well. He's got plenty of He's got absolutely plenty of stuff. So yeah, five final tables total almost one hundred and forty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: He added one hundred and eighty five eighty three whatever the heck it was PGT leaderboard points. So I mean, just absolutely on fire as of late is Jeremie Becker. He won the opening event for a total of fifty five thousand, six hundred dollars. You know, even though the field sizes here, which we'll talk about in a little bit, I'm gonna put the commissioner on the hot seat. Oh, not not really on the hot seat, but I mean the hot seat. But it's not going to be that hot. All the fields izes weren't that big, allthough the prize pools weren't that huge. You know, Becker did enjoy a lot of success, and he really did become the story of the series. Both, you know, people following along. I know that they were, you know, tuning in on the streams, they were talking about on social media, we were talking about it in various group chats in the tournament room. You know, they were you know, busting his balls NonStop about how hot he's running, all this sort of stuff. So Jeremy Becker very much the story of the series. Do you think, mister Commissioner, that a run like this helps Jeremy, you know, build more momentum as like a breakout name on the PGT do you or I mean, do you even think he's like still a breakout name or is he fully arrived? Like, well, what do you think this does for him?
Speaker 2: No? I think he has fully arrived. We I was chatting the other day, and he is one of the highest volume players, you know.
Speaker 1: But that's also why I was that he didn't have like he had like sixty five points or something.
Speaker 2: He just haven't gone his way this season. But like he has played literally every Noliman hold them event we've run. You know, he doesn't play plow, doesn't play mix, so he obviously loses opportunities there. So he's definitely not a breakout star. He's definitely been here. He's here, and I think this run, you know, not a lot of points, you know, you know, one hundred and something thousand dollars in winnings. I think it gives him a little bit of confidence, a little bit of momentum going into Venetian, going into Poker Masters, where you know, he could potentially pick up maybe he picks up four hundred points with you know, another an assortment of cashes and and now he's you know, within shriking distance of that top forty. He's now one more big cash outside of qualifying. So I think it's pretty good for him. Is the momentum. You know, if he came here bricked everything, you know, fired a bunch of bullets and nothing resulted. That confidence would have been kind of, you know, at an all time low for the PGT event. So maybe don't see him blasting the Master's Venetian Evans and you know, everything else upcoming. So I think this is a good for him. Hopefully the results do go his way. You know, he's he's bitched the mind a few times about missing the championship last year and it being my fault. So hopefully we can get away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't understand that comment. Why was it your fault?
Speaker 2: What we changed the rules this year? Is it because of the eligibility thing? Eligibility thing?
Speaker 1: I mean, it wasn't your fault. Those were the rules and some people selected not to show up.
Speaker 2: What he would do? You know, he likes to blame me and things. He wants to blame me. Why there wasn't a Player of the Series trophy? You know, why was there a Player of the series exactly? Why was there not money for Player of the Series. So you know, it's always my fault. It is, it is always your fault.
Speaker 1: I do think that if if you did, I'm not sure I would have done a Player of the Series for this one, I would have entertained a like top bounty hunter.
Speaker 2: So like the person who is one of the most bounties something.
Speaker 1: Either either either accumulated the most bounties or accumulated the most bounty dollars. I know what the dollars thing. There is a bit more luck involved with the mystery bounty element, but still, you know, either one of those I think could have just been fun, right, you know, and it doesn't necessarily have to be a big prize. I would have liken that sort of prize to when you did that Chip Leader bonus. Yeah, you know, that was kind of just a fun little thing. So I would have thought something like this. Not that Jeremy would have won it, because he didn't learn a single bounty that I saw. I mean, he did, but it didn't seem like he ever won bounties. He was constantly complaining about not getting a ton of bounties.
Speaker 2: Bounties did not go in He's a direction.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, But overall, Jeremie Becker moves up to two hundred and thirty seven points on the season. That puts him in two hundred and fourteenth place, which may seem like it's far away from the top forty. But the top forty right now, fortieth place is Ben Lamb eight eighty seven, so he's around six point fifty away from Ben Lamb. So getting into the top forty, which is you know, people get like if the leader board winner of Poker Masters is going to get around six to fifty if not more, right, like, you know, I mean that person's going to get between five hundred to one thousand, I would say so, and especially this year because you added two events. Last year was eight events for Poker Masters. This year, we're going back to ten, so there's you know, some additional tournaments to get in there. I think that opener of the showcase is like right up Jeremy's alley too, you know, Like I think that's going to be right in his wheelhouse for the stuff that he excels in.
Speaker 2: So, you know, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think he's drawing dead, even though he might think he's drawing dead. You know, I think he just needs to buckle down and trust the process, because, like you said, he is in here grinding all these events. He clearly has what it takes to compete with these guys who you know, a lot of these players in here are some of the best players in the world, you know. But Jeremy has proven I think now the past couple of seasons that he does belong. You know, he's still here, he's showing up, he's having success. So yeah, just keep at it, man, just keep at it.
Speaker 2: There's also least six opportunities for him to win a dream seat and be fast checking the championship, giving one away at the napt if you finish on top of that lead aboard, you know, eight events there that qualify for the PGT and then we're doing five for PGT Lost Chance. So he could easily just win a PGT lost Chance event and be on the top of the leader board that way. He has got other methods to get in, as do you know everyone else out there, So he can't just give up now with the remaining in the season.
Speaker 1: And he's you know, he's some of what Jeremy does.
Speaker 2: He's just busting balls like we all like to do.
Speaker 1: So I know he's going to be gunning for it, and I think I think he's going to get there, you know. Again, I just think that at some point the variance has to go his way, which I think this series, it really did start to go his way in a lot of spots. I mean, he would have had a better result had he won with those aces vers Sergia Ido's kings and in the second event of the series at the final table. But you know there were other times when we saw him get lucky spots, so you know it goes both ways. But just the volume aspect, we know he's going to be here, He's going to be playing all of our events. You know, I think he's gonna he's gonna do it. So a couple more results go his way, and you know Jeremy's going to be in the top forty if not knocking on the door. And then come that Last Chance Series, you know it's gonna be game.
Speaker 2: On other winners.
Speaker 1: You know, we mentioned that Jeremy Becker won the opening event for what was fifty five thousand, six hundred dollars, and we also had Sergerio Ido won the second event for looks like sixty he looks like seventy thousand, No, sixty nine thousand, sixty nine thousand dollars or right or right around there. That's that's first place prize many plus bounties is what I'm giving you, guys. Land Entice once Jeremy Becker's enemy. I guess you would say counterpart. They are kind of buddies.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: He won the third event for almost eighty thousand dollars. Yeah did land Entice. Fourth event, ream won that one. He actually beat Jeremy Becker in heads up play That was a PKO.
Speaker 2: How much did he win?
Speaker 1: Twenty eight K first place prize, thirty seven thousand bounties sixty sixty five. Sorry, my apologies. Jason Hickey, newcomer to the studio, came out here, played all series long, and it finally came home for Jason Hickey in even number five that was the Mystery Bounty. He won first place prize for fifty K, and then he took another forty seven thousand dollars in bounties, notably Anthony Marquez third place in this one for twenty four thousand, seven hundred, but sixty six k in bounties sixty six k. Once again at a PGT mystery bounty event. The first bounty pulled was the biggest bounty available. Wild stuff, absolutely wild stuff in that one. And then this final event, the well, it was a standard bounty, then it was changed to a quatro then it was changed again to a mystery bounty was won by Sam Laskowitz. He defeated Andrew Lichtenberger and Jeremie Berger got third in that one. Laskowitz took home well, they made a deal, so I have no idea what he took home. They basically chopped up the last two bounties.
Speaker 2: Chop the last of Banni. It was twenty five k and a five k. They did ic him chump for that. Then they played out for the rest Yeah Laska weight so yeah chok on thirty six and a hop thousand for the win plus thirty zero point sixty eight in bounties. Sweet, not bad, awesome.
Speaker 1: The whole series minus the last event. The final tables were live streamed on poker Goro and on the Poker Go YouTube channel, So if you missed them you want to rewatch them, you guys can go find them there.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was fun to see. I know it's no limit hold them, but the bounty element and the different bounty element, I think through a through a wrinkle into things for the players. You know, right away, like in the studio, you could tell a lot of players aren't really familiar with bounties and how to play them, and they were kind of figuring out, figuring it out as they go, and they were asking a lot of questions and all that sort of stuff. And then of course the bounties were changing every single day. Like the first event was just a standard bounty. Every time you knock them out, you get a two K bounty. The second one was what a quatro no. Second one was the escalator, so it was five hundred, then it was one thousand, then it was like five K, a little bit over five k, depending on the stage of the tournament that you were at. Third one was the quatro So bounties kicked in when twenty five percent of the field those remaining and boundaries were four x what they are in a standard boundary, so budies were ak there. So that added some some bigger bounties at play. You had a PKO as well. We've had pko's before, but PKO was in play here, and you had a mystery bounty as well, so you know, a lot of different stuff that was going on. It was interesting again to see kind of people figure it out, you know, be like, oh, should I call here, there's the bounty?
Speaker 2: You know, what do I do?
Speaker 1: The pay jumps are relatively small because the prize pool's got some money taken out to count for the bounty pool, so all that sort of stuff. So yeah, check it out. It's on pokergrow dot com. You can also find it on the poker Go YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: Five.
Speaker 1: Final tables they were pretty easy to two digest. I think the longest one was around four hours, but other than that, they were right around two hours each, so kind of in and out for those. So yeah, I think fun series is how I would describe it. Also good to try something new, but I would also say that it kind of fell short, at least from my expectations. I know you were lower on things than I was, but I'm I'm always higher, you're always lower. If you want to look at averages, the six events averaged forty six entries, so I would say, and we didn't top sixty entries for a single event, so, you know, a little bit on the small side for what we're used to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we look, we've had players wanting to put this on the schedule for a while and we had to find the spot for it. We knew this wasn't going to be a harm run, but We wanted to get it on there and test it out, see what works, say what didn't. We knew we were going up against you know, a little bit of ebt Barcelona heading into trying j jors, So you know, we lost a lot of our regulars over there. They're all sitting over there trying to win some JJ coin right now. But hey, we tried it. I think we will probably do some variation of it again. I think we learned what worked, what doesn't work. And obviously scheduling is always going to be very important, so making sure whenever we do do it next, we schedule it in a better time, a better spot to really maximize kind of turnout.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So do you think this was like just a scheduling thing? Do you think that maybe there wasn't enough interest in a bounty series from what we might have thought that there was interest on it? Like, you know, why is it? I mean, or is it just like no, we just scheduled that it was up against a lot of stuff. But this is also why we could only run it, Like, I mean, is there more to just than just a schedule?
Speaker 2: I guess is what I'm asking. I think the schedule is the biggest component. I think what we learned from the series was that, you know, some of the bounty format formats just are not preferable at this kind of buying. So, you know, stuff like the standard knockout and the you know, the PKAO and even the escalators whinning cent you're taking money out from hand one, while the Quadra obviously registration ends, you sill no boundies. None of the prize was being touched Mister Boundie. Same thing. A lot of the toke the last few days was like, hey, if we do this again, just make it a mister Bounie series.
Speaker 1: I was I heard that too, the players say that, and I was honestly surprised, because while I understand the appetite and enthusiasm for the poker playing community to be attracted to mystery bounties, right you have that lottery aspect, that luck factor, you get to sweat the envelope like all that sort of stuff, I just thought that, like professional poker players, which I think the large majority of the guys in here are, and not only that, but they're like the upper class pro poker players, I just thought that they wouldn't care as much for a mystery bounty format. I thought all these guys would be more PKO yeah than Mystery Bounding. Like, I feel like Mystery Bounty is more for the common folk because they kind of they like they're playing poker kind of recreationally for fun, and part of that fun is having that gamble element. And what's more gamble than busting someone and pulling an envelope and seeing what you get, Like like that's max gamble, right, So I was surprised to see so much love for the Mystery Bounty format specifically.
Speaker 2: You know, I just thought that the PKO.
Speaker 1: Would be something that they all were like, Yeah, the pko's the better one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that obviously has a lot of success in the PLO series doesn't correlate to No Limit, and you know, as these guys explain why, it makes a lot of sense. So yeah, we'll definitely make those changes. But you know we're going back to, you know, the Banning series. We saw so many new faces in here on that event one we would just say, oh, this could be good. So there's obviously definitely an appetite for a Bannie s is knowing that you see someone like you know, Jason Hicky comes out plays every event obviously thinks that the main finale event five. A lot of other people playing events here that are not you know, we go that Drake Kemper played all six events. He doesn't really play in the studio at all except maybe a Pokemasa's you know opening event, et cetera kind of thing. You know, even Mike Zulka, who had a good World series, doesn't often play in here, plays a little bit here and there, but he played, you know, all six events. He got Andrew Kelso always here for the mixed game series. Never expect him to play anything but mixed games, but he was like out here, he played four of the they played five of the six events. So I would say Andrew Ostupchenko, yep.
Speaker 1: You know, obviously he's kind of got that new money coming off a huge summer. You know, he's popped into the studio before, but he was here for the full series. John Andres also has popped into the studio before, but he was again here for the full series. So you know, that's that's definitely a positive takeaway, you know the fact that we got some some new blood in here, you know, every single day plane So so that was good to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know, we'll tweak it for twenty twenty six, whenever we can fit that in and figure it out. I think we got a lot of positive comments about this little little trophy here. Tried something new, this is uh.
Speaker 1: I just think it needs to be a little bigger. I think it needs to be like sitting down, I've already told you all this same down, like I don't like this little thing here, but it's still it's still like cool.
Speaker 2: Basically, we kind of audibled pretty light because the originally was going to be a treasure chest. And that's the reason we have all these hundred dollars bills, these plocks, fake under plaques because they were going to go in the treasure chest. And so you could open the treasure chest and it was filled with hundreds, right, and we get sized it accordingly.
Speaker 1: And then this is what happens, guys, when you put this guy in charge of the budget. Okay, this is we got. We got treasure chests, we got floating skulls, we got we got not expensive, and then we got plaques with his face on it. Why not his face, Tim's face, hal.
Speaker 2: Boy, Tim, to be exactly, we have more are of Kerry once we made this logo, we made the quick change to do something relative to the logo. We had a three D printer three D printing company make these, so they don't really make trophies. Shout out printer world. But yeah, we didn't really know how to put on a base. We didn't really the next obviously, if you can kind of see, is pretty thin. So yeah, I think they came out all right. Look, they were not that expensive at all, compared to like the gold cups we've liven out significantly cheaper. I think they were a little bit more fun. I think a lot of people are like, oh, this is kind of cool. Really want to skull trophy. But yeah, I think that was kind of one of the positives that came out, even though it wasn't perfect. But we put it all together in a couple of weeks to get these overall in the series.
Speaker 1: You know, I can I can make arguments that are positive, I can make arguments that are negative. So that's exactly what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna straddle the fence. I'm going to give you ball sides. And the positive side of me is that I think it's good to try new things. I think it's good to try and innovate, if that's the word here, not that you know, having a poker series isn't necessarily innovative, but innovating in the way of you have a whole series, a higher stake series dedicated towards bounties and all different kinds of bounties. So you know, you can't innovate without testing the waters. And I think that this was a good test case here. And if you're going to take steps forward or find things out, I think you have to be willing to take some risks and kind of take leaps of faith, which I think we did here, which is fine. Also, I think that you know, being in the booth all week and watching the final tables, the bounty format created a lot of entertaining moments, a lot of fun hands. There was you know, a bunch of threw away all ends at times, like people being like, oh, I'm going to gamble because we have the bounty, all that sort of stuff. In the mystery bounty element, you got the exciting bounty pulls. So you know, from like a broadcast and an entertainment standpoint, you know, I think that the bounty product it adds a bit of color to everything, and I think, you know, the viewers that tuned in enjoyed it. It kept things pretty fast paced overall. There was one final table, the third or fourth one, that was a little bit slower than the other ones, but for the most part, the bounty prizes I think drove a lot of the action, which is good. And listen, you're not I think it's foolish to ever think that you're going to bat a thousand in anything that you do in life, not just what we do. So expecting that everything is going to be a home run, I think is just wildly silly. You know, sometimes you're going to try something and it's not going to work like you had hoped. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't keep trying new things. And that doesn't mean, you know, this should just be like thrown away because it didn't work one time. Maybe we tinker with it, we bring it back, you know, and we see how it goes the second time around. If we don't see improvement from there, then yeah, then maybe you can and it's just not working. But and overall, you know, I do think it kind of hel helps us get that going on the PGT, which I think is a pretty decent thing. You know, It's in a way, it's kind of like the mid season PGT kickoff, Like the PGT kickoff series isn't exactly like a barn burner right out of the gate when we kick off the season. I mean, it's it's it's decent, but you know, it's not not a major it's not you know, shattering entry records here in the studio, you know, but it's still a good way to start easing in to the series. And with that kickoff, you know, a lot of times you and I talk about how it's trying to get like newer blood into the studio. Hopefully they get a bunch of PGT points and then they continue on throughout the season. Yeah, same sort of thing here. You know, we saw a lot of new faces, which I think is a pretty big positive here, and hopefully some of those players, you know, continue to try and battle on. You know, I look at somebody like Jason Hickey, just because he won an event, so he's top of mind. He got you know, a chunk of PGT points for that, you know, obviously a chunk of money to almost one hundred K. So you know, maybe we see a Jason Hickey take to pg Venetian, you know, take to Poker Masters. Maybe he's firing some napt high roller stuff, you know, and now he's like taking more shots on the PGT in the studio, et cetera. So so yeah, I think that's the positive take. The negative take is, you know, I think that the market speaks loudly at times, and you should tend to listen to the market. And I think the message from the market here was pretty clear that they weren't interested in this series.
Speaker 2: Now we can debate why they weren't interested.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was simply they weren't interested because the schedule was jam packed and they chose to go somewhere else. But that would tell me that like, Okay, this series wasn't big and attractive enough for them to skip whatever they were doing and come to this, right, So you know, that's that's the negative side of things.
Speaker 2: So yeah, overall, I'm happy with it. I do.
Speaker 1: I do think it was a good enough series that I can say that I think people missed out. Now, maybe they missed out because you had some bad scheduling and we can hopefully adjust that in the future. But you're also never going to one hundred percent get around scheduling just with so much that's going on in poker these days, So you know, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, we can't for this series specifically, you can't really move it up somebody, you know, somebody might have a home right now, be like, well what about August? Trust me, no one wants to touch poker in August really, like everyone's over. Yeah, everyone's just kind of over from the WSP, Like they're all just like resting and relaxing until it's like you basically takesally you battle for six weeks, then you take like six weeks off just chilling.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Obviously there's some seminal stuff and whatever, but for the most part, people are kind of chilling, and then you know, right at the end of August early September comes in, it's like, okay, we're back, you know. So just doing anything in August tends to just flop per experience, So so yeah, anything else on the Blitz?
Speaker 2: Do you like the name? I like the logo, the logo logol name. We through some stuff around this seem to fit most you know, obviously if we do do it, mister Bounty series maybe it's a it's another name change, but I don't think that's really a problem. Yeah, I just don't know about a Mistery Bounty series. I mean, I think it would work if we time it right, I think it would be good.
Speaker 1: I think you also have to have some lower by like a thirty three hundred.
Speaker 2: Like a thirty three hundred opener, and then like some fives and tens is the way to do it, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so yeah, maybe that would work. Who that comes? All right, let's talk on this uh PGT fantasy quickly and then we'll get on We'll get.
Speaker 2: On out of here. So ways, where were they on the level? We're my voice too?
Speaker 1: On the last episode, Tim and I did a quick draft between us. We drafted five players each for the second half of the PGT season. But there are some you know, rules and caveats that come with it. You can drop you, okay, you have to drop one player after each series. So after the PGT Bounty Buez, we're going to drop a player right now, After PGT Venetian, we're gonna drop a player. After Pokemasters are gonna drop a player. So you got to drop someone and you to pick someone up. Then from the other four players, you select two that are untouchable, and then we do a swap from the other two player you can swap one. So if I say, like two of my players are untouchable, from the other two, you can say, like, Okay, I'm gonna swap you this guy for that guy.
Speaker 2: Now the untouchable is just for the next series, right, So.
Speaker 1: That's the untouchable, as I'm saying, are like right now, like when we swap, you can't swap with using those two players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then the next time I could switch the untouchable. Yeah, you can switch them. Yes.
Speaker 1: So the teams I drafted Alex fox and Jeremy Becker, Nick Shulman, Adam Hendrix, and Michael Wang, of which two of those people aren't even on this continent, which is a problem. I have no idea whe Nick Shulman is. I know he went Okay, Well, Alex Foxen and Michael Wang are for sure at Trton.
Speaker 2: I think Shulman's there too, see.
Speaker 1: I just I just I've seen like stuff like updates or social media with Alex fox In same with Michael Wang. I have seen nothing with Shulman. I know Sherlman went to Cyprus. I just don't know if he actually then went to Trite and if he did, I just haven't seen any updates or anything, or maybe I just haven't looked hard, but I haven't seen anything, So I don't know if he's there, if he came back, he's not playing this series, I don't know. I would think that Shulman's look the type of guy where if he was here, I think he would play this anyway. So I'm guessing he's there and I just haven't seen it. Adam Hendricks, I think, came back.
Speaker 2: Here, texted me saying he was coming back to play. The Bounding series didn't play.
Speaker 1: Exactly so, and I thought he was gonna be playing too. He is getting married soon, but I thought this series would fit in his last poker Hurrah before he goes and goes the whole wedding honeymoon thing. So don't know where the heck he is. So those are my five. You have Jeremy Osmaschino, Reim, Sam Silverall, Jesse Lonis, and John Reordan. Now, in terms of attendance at this series, four of those guys played.
Speaker 2: I crushed it. I crushed the.
Speaker 1: Osbes played one event, Gino Reem played everything. Sam Silverell played a handful. I don't know if it was all of them. Jesse Loonis didn't play. He's a Triton and I believe he's a chip leader with like one hundred and twenty left. Of course he is of the Triton one. And then John Reordan was here as well. China Raim's the only one who did anything. Yeah, he won the one event, beating Jeremy Becker coming out of it.
Speaker 2: And the scoring system that we're using was just using PGT points, just a way for us to talk shit.
Speaker 1: I joked on the last pod that I would drop Jeremy Becker entering like the PLO stuff. He heard it, texted me at like one in the morning telling me I was going to drop his ass. He said, I lit a fire under his ass. And then he goes in final tables five of the six events here at PGT body Blitz. So I mean, we ain't dropping Jeremy Becker, okay, especially with PGT Venetian coming up. Who are you going to drop? By the way, the points are one to eighty five for me, seventy four for you.
Speaker 2: Now we're just drofting for Venetian, right, and then we drop for Pokemasas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're dropping someone to draft for a Venetian, the whole Venetian series, so that main event and then the high Line, anything that counts for anything that counts for whatever events.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jesse Lionis, see you later. Okay, Jesse Lonis, see you later. Well who you who you're picking out? Well, you need to jump something first, I think, okay, you want to do that. Yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: I have no idea if I don't know when, I don't even know when trade ends.
Speaker 2: It's you just it's still going while the nation goes.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess I'm dropping Adam Hendricks because I just wow, Okay, well when's his wedding?
Speaker 2: I have no clue. I'm can he play Venetian? Is that official? Can he play Vetian? I don't call him up right now? Sure?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm dropping Adam Hendricks. He's probably gonna he's probably gonna somehow play Venetian, probably.
Speaker 2: Win a high roll or something. Yeah, okay, are we going to do the pick ups first? And then we protect or do we protect from that current fall? No? No pick pick up right now, Okay, I'm gonna pick up. I'm gonna I got a few names.
Speaker 1: You drop Jesse Lonas correct, Okay, great, right?
Speaker 2: Who you adding? I'm gonna add Michael Burke. Wow, that's a fucking good one. I had a few names on my list. That's a really fucking good one. You know what. Fuck it. I'm gonna add Sam Laskowitz. Good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he said he said Today I heard him say that he was the best vanilla tournament player in the world, which I couldn't tell he was serious or not, which I thought was he meant vanilla because he was like they were joking. A lot of them were joking like the whole time that like they didn't really know exactly how to do everything in tournaments or sorry mystery or bounty tournaments. So then he was saying vanilla tournaments, I'm like the best in the world, which I didn't know he was serious, and I think he.
Speaker 2: Was a kind of It was a pretty fun, fun timele They're all kind of chulling each other.
Speaker 1: But then Jeremy Becker was like, you know, like the goat basically is right here, Andrew Lick, he's chocolate. He said he wash, Yeah, but he said he was chocolate. But still whatever. Anyway, all right, so I add Sam Laskowitz, you added Michael, I dropped Anim HENDRICKX for Laskowitz, You dropped Jesse Lonis for Michael Burke. All right, cool, I gotta protect Okay, let's let's I'll let you decide on this rule because I didn't put it in the rules.
Speaker 2: So whatever.
Speaker 1: For let's say, for Poker Masters, are Lonus and Hendricks available again?
Speaker 2: But you said you have it there? What does it say they're they're available for the next series. They have to basically have a series off, so yes, you could. Where does it say that? But I said immediately, Yeah, pick up immediately. That's fine.
Speaker 1: So they're back in the pool for posters. Okay, cool, all right, now you got to tell me your two players protect are protected, and then I will possibly switch one of mine for yours.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna be you can't. Yeah, I'm protecting John Ryorden and Michael Burke. No, you can't protect Michael Burke. That's what I just asked before.
Speaker 1: Well, the so this is great radio, by the way, but I don't give a ship Laskowitz and Burke are not eligible for this swap thing. Okay, they're They're like they're safe. So you got to pick some some somebody else. So either osmus China Reim or Sam's overall give me save.
Speaker 2: You. Huh, You're you're locking up sover saver. I'm protecting save. Okay, Henry Ordon, so you get like fucking music to my ears. That's fine. I'm going to lock up.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm locking out fucking Jeremy Biker. I mean he's the goat. I mean, I don't even care who I lock up with these other guys. I mean I'm locking at Nick Schulman.
Speaker 2: I would have also jumped Wang and kept Hendricks because at least Hendrix is here. I mean he may play a high roll up.
Speaker 1: I understand that, but I am thinking that there's a chance. I think there's a greater chance that Michael Wang hops on a plane tomorrow to get back here for something like the PGT Venetian series, as opposed to the guy who is about to get married and didn't even play this series, plays this.
Speaker 2: Series, excited to play the upcoming try and park a super high rolls see all the stuff, whatever it does, I've seen it all he's missing half a Pokemon. I understand, but these guys are flaky, man, trust me, they are flaky. All right? Who are you gonna swap? You don't? Okay? So I didn't have to suck, right, Yeah, you don't. You don't have to if you don't want Okay. So I have to either salk with Alex Fox and Huwayan here or Michael Wang Huayn here, and I can't take Lasco. It's so I'm not swapping anybody, okay.
Speaker 1: Cool, Well, I'm swapping Alex Fox in for Jeremy Osmas.
Speaker 2: Okay. See, Like the thing is with Ozma's he's here. I mean he was talking to me. He's like, I don't want to travel anymore. I just want to be home. And then he skipped every event about the first time.
Speaker 1: I bet he saw the numbers and I was like, this isn't worth my sight.
Speaker 2: But like I'm wondering, like is he gonna get out of bed for a three K? That's like, I'm not sure is he gonna get is he gonna get out of.
Speaker 1: If not, I'm going to his house. I don't know where he lives, but I'm gonna find me. We'll find him I'm gonna he's walking.
Speaker 2: Uh, he sometimes walks down the street where I take the street. I go down and take my kid to go. I've seen him like walking in like he's alloyed pants and a white vest with his wife. Well there you go. All right.
Speaker 1: So the new teams are I have Jeremy Osmas, Jeremy Becker, Nick Shulman, Michael Wang, and Sam Laskowitz. You have Alex Foxen, Chino Reem, Sam's overall, John Reordan and Michael Burke.
Speaker 2: And one hundred and eleven one hundred and one points. Wait night, no, you have seventy four. You have seventy four. I'm saying I'm behind.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that's right. All right, cool, you got anything else because we can just get.
Speaker 2: Out of here. If you don't know. PGTAV The Nation Las Vegas Classic thirty three hundred dollars mayn Event three starting flights starting on Thursday, September eleven. You have two hundred dollars discount if you're on time. Kicks off at eleven ten am on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Get down play million dollar guarantee. I'm definitely playing the three hundred and eighty dollars satellite on the Wednesday night at five o'clock, trying to get mine's definitely playing the tournament. You're definitely playing the tournament. If I win my seat, I'm playing one A. And then I've got to go down to Orange County to beat the Orange County Giants in some auzi RULs football on day one B. But whatever, But yeah, come down and play, come support. You know, I think the fact that Venetian is willing to a put up a million dollar guarantee on a new event B give players two hundred dollars rake discount is absolutely massive. And if you know, spread the word, get your friends, tell people to come support that, because you know, if it's successful, they all keep doing a rake discount on these midsteaks. I guess you can call them midstakes tournaments, and they may set a precedent going forward for other casinos to do the same. It's great for players. It gets the event going, gets cards in the air, gets tables field, So it's definitely a really positive step forward. And the other thing with this event that you brought up today that I completely forgot about. It's seven handed. You don't really see that often, you know, we hear a lot of complaints about nine handed and ten handed play. You don't really see the ten hand play anymore, but nine handed so much. You know, obviously we play eight and then play down to seven. They're just seven handed the entire tournament.
Speaker 1: So I mean, they they might go to a should they need it, but I don't think that they're gonna need it because they have fifty tables there, yea that they can use. The streaming room will be one of those tables, yeah, because they are streaming all the days. So I'm guessing maybe not for the first flight, but I'm guessing for maybe the Friday flight. I would say almost for sure for the Saturday day fight. They're probably gonna cancel or delay the cash games for a little bit, you know, like they do. They say, Okay, we're gonna, you know, gonna the cashimes are gonna end at ten thirty, you know, the terms kicking off at eleven ten, you know, at like one o'clock or two o'clock, we'll start opening up some cash game tables again, or however it goes, you know, so we'll see, but seven handed throughout. I'm excited for that. I'm excited to battle. It's gonna be good fun. I would join you in those satellites, but I'm going to Disneyland. Damn, oh rich is this not rich at all? Disneyland is a fuck ton of money. It's outrageous. But you know, this has been a long time coming. And yeah, so I'm sure we haven't done it in a while. But I'm hoping I'll have a family pot I.
Speaker 2: Actually have a family pot story. Oh but no, no, we're gonna still save because something has to develop from Disneyland. I'm gonna have two kids running around MENI so I goes. So I've been telling all my family post stories to to you know, Jim and Antonio out there, but it's related to Disneyland. I think it's pretty funny, but we'll save it for post Venetian pod. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: Sweet all right, cool Houston, Duckworth. I'm Donnie Peters and we'll talk to you guys next time.