Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Constance New Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, well, it was an interesting day at the White House today. One of the advantages of working nights is I can sort of during the day check out what's going on. And the new Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney former Harvard University backup goaltenders. Nothing wrong with that. I was a backup goaltender too in college, so I believe me that's that's a tough position to play or not play. But he is the new Prime Minister, and he's was greeted at the White House Portico by President Trump. They both they recognize they they see certain things differently. But then they held a little greeting ceremony in the Oval office and took a questions and whether you like Donald Trump or not. And I know that there are a lot of people in my audience who like him and a lot of people who don't like him. One thing you have to give him some credit for, even those who don't like him, is his willingness to sit in front of cameras and answer questions and sometimes to do it in the presence of people with whom he may not be On all four squares meaning Voldemir Zelenski, the president of Ukraine or Mark Karney, the new newly elected Prime Minister of Canada. I thought that both President Trump I and Prime Minister Karnie conducted themselves diplomatically today. It was very clear that, look, they're a great ally of the United States. Does Trump really want care Hanna to be our first fifty first state. I find that hard to believe, because, first of all, I don't think the Canadians want to be our fifty first state. I think they like their position as a government a country that really is part of the Commonwealth of Britain, the United Kingdom, if you will. But I think Trump just loves living in the minds, in the brains, red free of a lot. He trolls people. That's what he does, so, whether it's on Alcatraz or on Canada. So this was let's see President Trump today. He talks about, well, this was I think this was yesterday. Okay, this was yesterday. Let me go to today. Okay, as soon as they open up questions, he knows. I mean, they could have made their polite opening remarks and then said, you know, shut it down or you know, thank you very much. Ladies and gentlemen, we'll talk to you afterwards or whatever. No, we didn't made himself put him out there, and Connie did as well. And I thought Connie acquitted himself very nicely. Clearly, the hostility that existed between President Trump and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau doesn't necessarily follow on with Canadian Prime Minister Carne. So this is let's start it off with this is cut one seventeen with Trump is asked by I'm not sure who it was in the White House media war, but he's asked about Canada as the fifty first state, which again I think is ludicrous. I don't think that it's within any sphere or realm of possibility. But there's the question, and President Trump rose to the question.
Speaker 3: No, well, I still believe that, but you know, it takes two to tango, right, But no, I do. I mean, I believe it would be a massive tax cut for the Canadian citizens. You get free military, you get tremendous medical cares and other things. There would be a lot of advantages, but it would be a massive tax cut. And it's also a beautiful you know, as a real estate developer, you know, I'm a real estate developer at heart.
Speaker 2: When you get rid of that artificially drawn line.
Speaker 3: Somebody drew that line many years ago with like a ruler, just a straight line right across that top of the country. When you look at that beautiful formation when it's together. I'm a very artistic person, but when I looked at that, you know, I said, that's the way it was meant to be. But you know, I just I do feel it's much better for Canada. But we're not going to be discussing that unless somebody wants to discuss it. I think that there are tremendous benefits to the Canadian citizens, tremendously lower taxes, free military, which honestly would give you essentially anyway, because we're protecting Canada if you have had a problem. But I think you know it's it would really be a wonderful marriage because it's two places.
Speaker 2: They get along very well, They like each other along. While he was talking, there was some shots of the Canadian Prime Minister, who obviously was looking to get a word in edge wise. Good luck with that, mark, Prime Minister Carney, but he did this is cut number twenty three, and he very respectfully inserted himself into the conversation and there's a little bit back and forth which I think is interesting. Here we go cut twenty three, Rob.
Speaker 4: As you know from real estate, there are some places that are never for sale. We're sitting in one right now, you know, bucking and Palace.
Speaker 2: You visit it as well.
Speaker 4: And having met with the owners of Canada over the course of the campaign last several months, it's not for sale, won't be for sale ever. But the opportunity is in the partnership and what we can build together, and we have done in the past. And part of that, as the President just said, is with respect to our own security, and my government is committed for a step change in our investment in Canadian security and our partnership. And I'll say this as well, that the President has revitalized international security, revitalized NATO and us playing our full weight in NATO and that will.
Speaker 5: Be parts and they have. I must say, Canada is stepping up up the military participation because.
Speaker 2: Mark now you know they were low and now they're stepping it up.
Speaker 3: And that's a very important thing. But never say never, never say never.
Speaker 2: Well, look, part Mian so Chrony was very diplomatic. I gave an acknowledgment to our President Donald Trump, and obviously Trump was able to get the final word never say never. But look, is there anyone out there who actually thinks there is some thought there is some thought which I can explain on the other side of the break, that maybe President Trump has some hidden agenda. I can talk about that, but I want to hear from you. Do you agree with me that primarily President Trumps loves to troll the folks on the other side, He loves to be able to troll them from the position, from any position, but from the position of authority at the White House. And I thought all in all that both Prime Mister Corney and President Trump handled themselves pretty well today. If you've seen it, feel free if you have it. Let's talk about trolling. He's the king of trolling in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And a lot of people take the bait. And we haven't even begun to discuss Alcatraz six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty. Why is Donald Trump baiting baiting the Prime Minister? I think he's just he's having fun. Uh, and he knows that he knows that he's in He gets the name of the paper. That's what I think, and I think he enjoys getting inside their head. We'll be back on the night's side. I got wide open lines six, which has surprised me. One seven, two, five, four to ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty riff Switch topics. Back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray, I'm w b Z Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, we're talking about President Trump's meeting today with Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney. Now Carney campaigned against President Trump. As a matter of fact, President Trump probably h Carney was down to the polls, and President Trump injected him into the race, and he said today that probably Carney should thank him. I mean I think, look, I think Mark Carney can thank Donald Trump for being Prime Minister of Canada. Let me go first up to Wayne in Arlington, Massachusetts. Wayne, welcome first this hour on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Go right, Hitcher, Hey, Dan.
Speaker 6: Hey, nice to talk to you.
Speaker 7: Actually, I hail from Toronto originally, and I drove over here for the big two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of Lexington and Conquered and there's so much to sea. Yeah, I'm still here.
Speaker 2: Well, isn't that great? So are you retired or how are you able to do that?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 7: I am somewhat yeah, and I'm frugal in how I travel, so you know, you can try to keep the expenses down, but it's not easy because there's such a difference in the dollar. Every US dollar costs a dollar forty four Canadian. So when you guys travel north, you get a great deal, but coming the other way it hurts yike.
Speaker 2: So I'm sorry. I'm sorry to hear that on your end. By the way, how'd you find Nightside if you just came down last month? Had you listened to us up in Canada?
Speaker 7: Oh, I've been listening to the WZ on and off for a long time, ever since my gosh, I earned myself a Larry Glick University T shirt.
Speaker 2: Oh well, if you're a Larry Glick University graduate and with a T shirt, obviously that's the that I stand in r of you. Larry was a great friend of mine. I worked with him. I was in TV at the time, and I would see him many nights in the way out the door before he was going on the air with his radio show Delightful Guy and more. People mentioned Larry click to be than you could imagine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, I miss him and I used to get the signal in Ottawa. It's not that far. Your signal is strong. You can pick up TV BUZ all over the Maritimes. I think even Southwest Newfoundland gets the signal, but definitely Quebec, Eastern Ontario, Southern Ontario.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of friends of mine in Canada, and matter of fact, I had one guy one night who was working a construction project. He's a regular listener from I'm not sure whether it was Quebec or wherever, Nova Scotia. He was working a project in Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, and he was listening to us on the ten Trainsist radio in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Of course, people can listen now on the internet, which makes it a lot easier. So what is your thought today? Did you get a chance to watch? I thought Prime Minister Carney acquitted himself very well in the White House.
Speaker 7: I haven't seen the coverage of his visit there today. I'm going to catch it up online when I watched the news later. But the whole Trump thing colored the election all across Canada. Yeah, and with a combination of Trump's threats and insults and Trudeau stepping down of his own accord. The Liberal Party just shot up in popularity. Is the logical defender of the country, and so that's what happened, and he almost got a majority government out of it. You're just a few seats shy of that. But you know, I got to say for Trump, the reaction across Canada to Trump is so negative it is unbelievable. I had friends tell me, what are you doing. You're going down to the States. We don't do that. We're not crossing the border right now. We're not spending a dime if we can help it. We're taking us products off the shelves. We're not traveling to the States. And I said, yeah, I know, but it's a big two fiftieth. It's a huge deal. I missed the bi centennials, so I had to come for this. But if Trump was it all serious, he would look at a map and he would recognize that there are ten huge provinces, some of them bigger than most countries, three massive territories to the north. He would say, it's not one state, it's at least ten states. Give us some credit. Donald for sake, Like the idea of annexation is insulting in its own right, but to call it the single state just adds another layer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let me ask you this question. Okay, I remember when Quebec this got to be what twenty years ago, when Quebec wanted to succeed secede from Canada. Obviously, Quebec is French speaking. You're part of the United Kingdom. Your monarch is Queen Elizabeth. People perhaps don't understand that relationship, but it's that, it is what it is.
Speaker 7: Do you think we're not part of the United Kingdom in any regard? It's a completely Canada is a completely independent, self governing country. They for some crazy historical reason, you decided to retain the monarch, yes, which is technically a separate crown from the British crown. It's the same person, but it's the Canadian crown. Okay, if you want to get me started on that, I'm all for having a Canadian head of state.
Speaker 2: Okay. Well, first of all, yeah, first of all, thank you for that correction, because I was always under the impression I knew that that the that the head of England was your titular head of state. I'm correct on that, but but again I don't know how you describe it is there?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: Did you describe it as as a Canadian? You just of it as some sort of a truncated relationship, as an affiliation. What would be the proper phrase if it was if there is one?
Speaker 7: Well, our form of government is a constitutional monarchy in the form of the Westminster style parliament of course, right, so we have retained this symbol, which I think we need to get rid of. I'm with a group actually it's advocating for the change to finally cut the tie. But you know, there are fifteen countries around the world that use the same person at Buckingham Palace as their head of state, but most of the Commonwealth countries do not. Most Commonwealth countries are republics, and I think Canada should join them. But getting back to Trump, if I can't, I just you know, if he wants to sell this idea of closer association, if not multiple statehoods for the provinces, he's got to do a better job in selling it. This is why I don't think he's serious, because he's not addressing any of the key questions He could make this much more appealing to Canadians if he said, hey, guys, you know what would be nice a single currency, you know, let's unify economically, or let's share more integrated military defense. You know, let's have this and that. But no, he's not really looking at that. And what baffles me is that nobody in the media that I have seen in either country is questioning him on the details. How would a parliamentary system that we have federally and for every province be integrated as US states? How would that happen? Would what would we do with Quebec which has a distinct identity, and although the majority is not interested in independence any longer, there is this kind of it's on the back burner, this simmering thing, and there's a distinct sense of uniqueness, the language, the culture that's reflected in films and music that even the rest of English Canada doesn't hear because we don't speak French.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My only thought, and I wonder if you thought this is possible, is that, Look, Western Canada is pretty conservative. They they they tend to vote uh in what do you call them? In their ridings? Which is there the equivalent of our congressional districts. A lot of the ridings in Ottawa that used to be conservative are now counted in the liberal category of parliament. But in the in the West Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitola, some of those uh, you know, provinces, would they be I mean, do you think that Trump is thinking, hey, maybe if I could break off a couple of them, we would pick up some energy. I mean, do you do you think there is a or do you think that there's no difference between how people in Ontario and Quebec and the western provinces field towards aligning with the US. I think it's all a pipe dream anyway. But I'm just trying to figure out what could possibly possibly he'd be thinking.
Speaker 7: Well, if you're trying to take the temperature of the West, Alberta would have the greatest number of those who would be in favor of some type of a political union with the US. But even that is a very slim minority.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 7: Yes, the West votes conservative until you get to the coast in British Columbia. Yeah, but that doesn't mean that they're in favor in any way of what Trump is floating here.
Speaker 2: Okay, So My bottom line too, is from your position, this is an impossibility. I agree with you. Why is Trump's trolling? Why is he trolling? I mean I can see that he better not call the Canada the fifty first state to Carnie's face, that's for sure. And he didn't do that today.
Speaker 7: He did it well, did he say fifty one through sixty?
Speaker 2: I don't know. No, no, no, no, no, no no, there was none of that. No, he was actually, you know, he behaved himself today.
Speaker 7: And he didn't call him a governor like he did with exactly.
Speaker 2: There was no welcome governor crime. No, there was none of that foolishness. There was not. So what, I just think he likes to troll, troll people.
Speaker 7: I don't think he thinks about what the ramifications are. Because in doing this, in saying these words, you know, are, he has united Canadians like nothing has done in recent memory. I mean, the country is so united against the United States, we which.
Speaker 2: Is other than the than the four country cop of a couple of months.
Speaker 7: Ago that that hockey game became Well, of course there were political overtones.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know, I know, I know. Hey, look I am so way past my break. I hate to end the conversation, do me a favor, become more of a going to call it whether you're in Arlington or you're back home. I really mean that, Wayne, I really enjoyed this conversation. But I'm five minutes past my newscast.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Dan. I appreciate that trouble.
Speaker 2: Wayne. I really is this your first time calling or no? Have you called us from Canada?
Speaker 7: I have called? Well, like I say, when when it was Ottawa and uh and Larry Glick was on the air, that was the last time I call.
Speaker 2: Have you ever called Nightside? That's let's let's talk about.
Speaker 7: What really I'm a first time all right, we got to give you.
Speaker 2: The round of applause then as we wanted to. All Right, I'm looking forward to call number two. Thanks Wayne, Save safe travels, have a great one. Good night. We'll take quick break. Here's the news A little late. Back on night Side. I love that call.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're on night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, back to the phones. Were go going to go to Patrick in Charlestown. Hey, Patrick, welcome next to a Nightside. How are you.
Speaker 6: Dan? How you doing, Buddy?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. So what do you think Donald Trump is doing here? Is he just simply trolling?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 6: Well, first off, to my Canadian brothers and sisters to the north, I hope you're aware that that Dan Ray represented Chris Nyland. I believe one time in the Rick Middleton affair. Is that right?
Speaker 2: I represented Chris Nyland in his entire career and I defended him strongly when when Middleton smashed his teeth into the butt end of Nyland stick.
Speaker 6: And I love Nyland, man, I love him, and I love that Chris is fought a good fight and then he's recovering. I think most Bostonians loved Chris Nyland despite what he did to Rick Middleton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was. He was not trying to hit in all seriousness. He went to throw an elbow at Middleton and there was there was an inadvertent and Chris apologized to it. And I believe that that Rick Middleton was man enough to accept the apology.
Speaker 6: You know that's Rick Middleton was a tough guy.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know he was. I know he was. And I played goal against the Bruins in an into squad game in seventy eight and I had actually made a save on Middleton. I think he just fired the puck into my glove to help me out. But he was good to me. And by the way, Chris is doing now later this month in Montreal, you might double check it a one man show on his life and career, which may turn into a major We've been working on this with Chris and with a gentleman in Montreal. He'll be debuting this one man show in Montreal at a huge supper club later this month, in front of a crowd of about six hundred people. And there's you may be hearing more about this just I'll tell you Patrick, as someone who I know appreciates Chris just it's ironic you mention that, because I was having some conversations about that today. As a matter of fact, okay.
Speaker 6: And I love the guy, and you know, you know, I always I always wondered and I don't know, but I always wondered if he had a part time job in college working in South Boston for certain people. But I don't know, he didn't.
Speaker 2: Know, he did not know. As a matter of fact, I can tell you truthfully that one of the things that I talked with Chris about was to keep that familiar relationship separate and he did. He did. He did trust me on that, and he went through a lot, you know, in post career, he coached. He was, you know, a guy who was drafted I think it was two hundred and thirty first. He was the second last guy drafted. And he attributes Judge Paul King, who was a district court judge here in Boston and a big supporter of Chris. And also King was a friend of a couple of the old time Canadians, being Doug Harvey and Dicky Moore, and he suggested to them that Chris would be drafted. They never realized that he would end up playing thirteen years in the NHL and UH and and have an impact. He then went and coached. He was an assistant coach with Jacques la merit New Jersey, and coached in the East Coast Hockey League and and finally Fake faced up, as a lot of players do, to some addiction problems, which he's talked about publicly and and he beat the addictions and he is he's in better shaped today, uh psychologically, mentally and maybe even arguably physically that he was back in the day.
Speaker 6: I want to mess. I want to mess with him.
Speaker 2: A point?
Speaker 6: Go ahead, go ahead, I have a point. So who is grapes to you? Do you? Who's who?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 6: Who's the name? Who do we call grapes in Boston and the Boston Hockey World? Did Don Cherry? Is that what we call Don Cherry?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 6: Greats? Right?
Speaker 2: Great? Sure? Yeah? I thought you were saying great originally? Yeah? Great? Was Donald Cherry's cherry? Let me play in the intersquad game. I owe that to Cherry and to Nate Greenberg. Go right ahead.
Speaker 6: How did he lose his career? Dad? This is relevant to what we're talking about. How did he just lose his career? About two years ago.
Speaker 2: He made some comments, and I forget exactly what they were that were considered politically incorrect. I guess would be.
Speaker 6: The poppy on it. He said that the immigrants should respect the veterans of Canada more, and that because they don't wear the poppies on their clothes, that they come from milk and honey and the land of Canada and they don't respect it. And he got fired for that. And I think what we're not talking about here is that the left in Canada has so much power that they've converted that country so quickly, and it's but unrecognizable, and they don't love the Canadian people. And what Donald Trump is really saying is I see that, and I'll do something about it. So you Canadians who don't like being replaced through immigration, right Donald Trump is That's what he's really saying. I can do something about this. I can I can stop your country from being flooded. I can stop you from being being afraid to speak your mind, like Don Sherry. And and that's what he's really saying. That nobody is talking about the turning turn of Donald Trump into this evil guy.
Speaker 2: We know the only thing. The only thing I can say is that the and again I don't like the word replaced that you're using, but but let me let that go for now. I do think that his comments about Canada UH and about fifty first staid and calling Trudeau governor, I think that that the election results when Trudeau resigned Carnie uh who's who went to Harvard by the way, as you know as and was a backup goaltender at Harvard. UH. Carne Uh was was the long shot to win. The Conservatives were predicted to win. And it's almost as if Donald Trump wanted the Liberal Party to maintain control in Canada, and that's what all the polls indicate. Connie was down by any where fifteen eighteen points, and he pulled out a fairly comfortable victory. And I think that the people of Canada rose up and said, you can insult our prime minister. Your con insult our country. And I don't understand what Trump was trying to accomplish there. If he had not said anything, I think that it would be now a conservative government similar to what Brian mulrooney ran when Reagan was president back in the eighties.
Speaker 6: No two countries in the history of the world have been better friends than Canada and the United States. No two countries are better friends than Canada in the United States. Donald Trump doesn't have hostile intentions for Canada. He loves Canada, no question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we're not going to invade Canada. We're not going to invade Greenland. I think the point when when when President Trump talks about Panama, I think there's a lot of substance to what needs to be done in Panama, which might include some military action because China is all around Panama at this point. And if China ever takes control of Panama Canal and prevents you as ships from going through Panama Canal. Now, now you're talking about all the all the chips are on the table, and you don't want to get to that point in my in my opinion, but I get you points. I get your points. Patrick is always appreciate your calling you. You represent a strong point of view. We'll talk sooner. When I see Chris some time later this month, I'll tell him he said hello.
Speaker 6: Okay, he's a great guy.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 6: Good thanks to the show again.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. Thanks man.
Speaker 6: We love Canada, everybody. We love you guys, so don't be so upset.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I want to hear from more Canadian listeners on this as well. Either way and no, And Patrick means that when he says he loves Canada, I believe he does. Back on Night's Side, we're going to keep this conversation going right after this break.
Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Boston's Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me see to get everybody in there real quickly. Let me go to Mark in Dan.
Speaker 9: Thanks you okay taking my call. I think this is so sad what's happening with Canada. I mean, my family visited Montreal when I was a kid, and as a young adult I spent a long weekend at a bed and breakfast in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, and the Canadians could not have been friendlier. And I think Donald Trump just simply does not know what he is doing geopolitically. I think the next president will have to say, listen, sorry about that, Canada. We fully respect your independence and sovereignty and hope that hope that this all blows over.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see what happens. Mark, I think he's trolling people. I don't think he has.
Speaker 9: I don't I don't think he knows what he's doing geopolitically. I think one of the first rules is that you do what you can to get along with your neighbors.
Speaker 2: Did you watch the event that they held in the Oval Office.
Speaker 9: Today, Mark, I I didn't watch it. Wise, I just saw.
Speaker 2: A suggestion to very firm, let me make a suggestion.
Speaker 9: Why but very firm, why don't you make.
Speaker 2: Let me make a suggestion. Why don't you go back and see if you can find the entire exchange, the greeting uh that they had and then the questions and see it in context. I thought that both President Trump and Carney did what they had to do. I think that Trump is engaging in unnecessary again, I would call it trolling. Obviously, there was a just disdain that he had for former Prime Minister Trudeau that that he did not display this this day towards Mark Carney and towards Prime Minister Carnie.
Speaker 9: So yeah, but you see, if it's a fellow democracy, you just have to work with.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with you, Mark, I don't I don't agree with you. All you're asking to do is take take the opportunity today to go find that in its entirety. And I think that you're not going to change your mind. You're not going to change your line.
Speaker 9: But if I can mind it on cable.
Speaker 2: TV, now, yeah, you'll be able to find it somewhere on Google or something like that. That'll be easy.
Speaker 9: Mark, I don't have computer access in my apartment.
Speaker 2: Well, you got a library, you know, you get the library tomorrow sometime. I think you'd enjoy it. It's probably been about twenty minute view and I think you'd enjoy it. I watched it in its entirety today and I thought I thought that they both handled themselves well, particularly with the questions that they had to deal with. Thanks Mark, talk soon. Thank you. Let me go next to billing Pennsylvania Building.
Speaker 8: Next on Nightside, Go right ahead, Thanks Dan. Hey, I agree with you. I think he's trolling them, and uh, I can't I can't believe that. Uh, the press is not I mean it's it's it's just amazing to me that our press is not caught on to what what this guy is doing to him. You know, he had him, he had him, uh, you know, in the corner last time, and they never learned. They never learned anything. I got a lot of friends out in British Columbia, used to hang out out there. What a wonderful place that is. I can tell you all the all the all the people that I know in Canada, Okay, still have a lot of respect for for America, and most of them like what Trump's doing. But they know that they know what he's not.
Speaker 2: Well it was it didn't reflect it building the election that they just had.
Speaker 8: Hell, yeah, that's true, that's true. But uh, I'm talking to the people that I talked to up there.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, just taking the broad of view. Hey, I hope to hear from some listeners in Canada. We have a lot of listeners up in Canada. I would love to know what they're thinking right now. I think there's I think they're strolling them. That's what I think.
Speaker 6: I agree with most people.
Speaker 2: Just want enough to figure that out.
Speaker 8: But yeah, man, two things that there's two things that happened to Canada over the last couple of years. One was when they when they uh uh came down hard on the truckers. Okay, they're in.
Speaker 2: That was Trudeau.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was Trudeau. And the other one, okay, is when they banned all pistols, all all handguns. You're not allowed to earn a handgun anymore in Canada.
Speaker 2: That's good to know. I did not realize that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they banned they banned handguns. And and the other thing is if if you know, we got our second Amendment. And Democrats are always telling about the Constitution, the Constitution a bit every time I turn around there trying to take my Second Amendment right away from me. But there are so many Canada Canadians Dan that just wish that they had a second Amendment.
Speaker 2: Well, it didn't reflect that in the last election, so that's all I'm telling you. I mean, there may be a lot of people up there, but I think that they have basically returned the Liberal Party to power, which is the equivalent of our Democratic Party. And and I think that Donald Trump helped like Mark Carney in my opinion.
Speaker 6: But you're right.
Speaker 2: Let's see, Hey, Bill, appreciate as always, thank you. Thanks. Man to talk soon. I'm gonna try to get one more in here. Warren is in Fall River, Warren, you were next on Nice Sacer right head Warren, Hey.
Speaker 10: Dan, Yeah, I think that all this is just feeding feeding Trump's ego, you know, I mean I think he has a lot of synchropha sinkle fans around him telling him how rate he is.
Speaker 2: And most president, most most presidents have had a lot of syncophants around them. And there's no exception there's there.
Speaker 10: You know, he has a he has a ton around him saying, oh yeah, you're the best, the o, the best. And you know, his ego is like the size of New York City right now.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 10: It really is. But you know, I don't understand why would you make an enemy, like why would you you know, do what he's doing with Canada is like you know, insulting them. It makes no sense. I mean, it makes it makes all they're all mad at me, but what he's doing, yeah.
Speaker 2: It makes no sense to me either, because again I don't know that the Conservative MP Member of Parliament, uh Pierre Poulvo I believe was how his name is pronounced, that that that he was a scintillating candidate, but certainly President Trump did nothing to help his candidacy and you would have gone.
Speaker 10: Now Trump is the reason why the Liberals won up there exactly, exactly exactly, and I don't I really don't understand it. Like my ex girlfriend though, you know, a woman that I was that I was very close to marrying, she saw, you know, after the fifty first state comment, she went in to you know, and did work for I can't pronounce his name, Tall Twalls of the Year or whatever it is he you know, he started working, you know, And and it's just I don't know, I don't get why why insult a good friend couldn't more.
Speaker 2: We're gonna leave that that question and hopefully it's going to be answered on the other side. I hope you have from some of our listeners in Canada, whatever their political persuasion, simple as that one great club. Thank you much, great club. Here comes the eleven o'clock news. Let me get out of the way. I'll be back on the other side with more calls. We have one line six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty and one line at six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Donald Trump is a complicated person. Okay, I think we can agree upon that. Back after this