Speaker 1: Here is your nine first twenty one the voecast going to be a mostly sunny day today. Enjoy a well out last twenty five for the high, clouds, a rolling every night down to fourteen, partly cloudy tomorrow, thirty eight clouds overnight Saturday twenty seventh for the lower and then a high thirty five on Sunday with mostly cloudy skies twelve degrees right now, traffic come from the UC out Traffic Center. At you see Health.
Speaker 2: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal and make your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care from better outcomes. Expect more at you see health dot com. Southbound seventy five now slows a bit becoming out of Lockland. Northbound seventy five heavy year through the cut south two seventy five slows approaching the Carroll Proper Bridge. There's an injury accident on Hamilton Cleaves outside of Ross at Smith Road, shot thing ram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty three fifty five KERR See talk station went a little along with Congress and Davidson. That's okay. We'll still get the information in from Donna Murphy. She's with Heaven's Game. I've been saying gate all morning, and Don I apologize to that. We'll get the proper information out right now Heaven's Gain Ministries, which you can find online at Heavensgain dot org. Donna, Welcome to the F five Carscy Morning Show. What is Heaven's Gain and what is the purpose that you serve there?
Speaker 3: So in Heaven's Gain Ministries, our mission is to provide for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of families experiencing pregnancy loss before, during, and after the actual delivery of their baby. And it's really important because so many people when they find out they've lost the baby, they don't get the preparation they need for whether it's going to be a miscarriage at home or a late miscarriage, is still worth in the hospital, and so this is one of the essential.
Speaker 1: Things that we do.
Speaker 3: We also provide caskets and earns so that these babies can be buried properly, so moms don't feel like they need to leave the baby at the hospital to be placed in medical waste or flush their baby. They can actually bury their child, and they can also get healing because we have free support services afterward.
Speaker 1: How did you get involved with this ministry, Donna.
Speaker 3: Well, my husband and I we've lost three children ourselves, one in the first trimester, two in the second, and even for our eight inch long baby, we went to several funeral homes and to some cemeteries and said, hey, we need a casket for our baby, and no one would provide it. And so we thought there really needs to be something done for this. And after inspired by God, we studied how to make caskets for little babies that are you know, smaller and you know, to take the adult sides kind of down. And we started two thousand and eight and we serve over two thousand families every year.
Speaker 1: Now, oh my word, two thousand. Well, let's I'll pause. We'll bring you back. We'll have a little more, a few more details on this. It's such an important service. I'm surprised there wasn't anything available when you started it, but thank God you got the calling to help people out in their obvious time of need. We'll talk with Don a little bit more again. Heaven's gain dot org where you get all the information. We'll get more information from Donna. Just a minute. I want to mention fast and Proroofing. My dear friends at fast and Pro I love that they pride themselves on their honesty, which is a short supply commodity in the roofing business. So many unscrupulous roofers out there, and I know there are other roofers that are not unscrupulous, but you've got a real problem on your hands if you're trying to figure out the scrupulous from the unscrupulous. So don't worry about that. Just call my friends at Fasten Pro Roofing. Aplus with a better business Burea have been locally owned and operated by Ray and Amanda since nineteen ninety nine. Of course, Eric, my daughter Sciance, is one of their inspectors, and so he'll give you a free roof inspection and a free quote. A quote comes if you need work, it's right. They're not going to tell you need work if you don't need it, so you get that honest assessment. Then when it comes to the work that they do, oh my word. That's why I always recommend check out the work on fast and Pro Roofing's website Fastnfastenproroofing dot com. The amazing custom copper work, the siding work they do is just beautiful. I know that because I did. They had it done for me, had my roof replaced. I got beautiful fifty year shingles, and they'll do an automatic upgrade to the certainty Landmark pro fifty year shingles. You don't have to make the choice between a twenty five year or a fifty year. You get the long heavy duty one right there. And they do metal work. They do custom I mentioned the copple work, but they do gutters and gutter guards and box gutters, literally everything including exterior projects like the siding and railings. So check them out again online fastenproroofing dot com. Give them my regards when you call to schedule the free roof inspection. Five to one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five fifty five KRC run a business. Here's your nine first one to weather forecasts. Channeline shows today sunny skies with a high twenty five clouds overnight down to fourteen partly cloudy skies. Tomorrow. My older though thirty eight for the high, down to twenty seven overnight with clouds and a cloudy Sunday as well high thirty five twelve degrees. Right now it's time for traffic from the.
Speaker 2: UCUT Traffic Center. And you see health, You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal, would make your best tomorrow possible. That's foundless care from better outcomes, Expect more at you see help dot com. Southbound seventy five now slows a bit coming out of Lockland. Northbound seventy five heavier through the cut. South two seventy five slows approaching the Carroll Cropper Bridge. There's an injury accident on Hamilton Leaves outside of ross At. Smith wrote, shotting from a fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: To shout seven forty here fifty five KR city talk station, Happy Friday to you. Although tempered by the subject matter, this is an important mission that my guest today, Donna Murphy's doing with Heaven's Gain Ministries online at heavensgain dot org, providing uh well emotional and spiritual needs of families experiencing pregnancy loss, before, during an after delivery of their baby. And I was really shocked by the numbers, Donna, that you've helped two thousand. Is this maybe more common than my listening audience might appreciate.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. There's over one million miscarriages every year in the United States alone. In the first trimester and in the second trimester, you know, when you think you've kind of made it at our home free, one in thirty three of those babies will pass. And then the third trimester, one in one hundred and sixty either die as stillbirth or die as a premie. So it's a lot more babies than people realize. And our society says, you know, don't talk about it, shove it under the rug. But we feel like it's really important that these families get the help that they need by getting the support services afterward, but also getting the preparation for when they go into the hospital, because all they usually tell you is be at the hospital at this time, but nobody says, hey, someone's going to greet you at the front door and say hi, why are you here, and to explain why you're there. It starts off the whole thing terrible as it is, so, and then you know, you go to the register desk going to ask do you need a pediatrician? Oh, my gosh, don't ask me that, And then you know, you go upstairs and so We're going to prepare them so they have something to hold up, so they don't have or have to have to answer that question, so that they know what's going to happen in labor and delivery, you know, have an idea, and so that that short time that they have with their child, they could treasure that time, maybe bathe their child, or address their child, get some pictures, get some footprints, and so we'll walk with that family through that process, give them a little winged bear that they can keep, because that little bit of time is the only little bit of time that they'll have with that child, and they can treasure that time, and then they can get on their healing journey so much earlier because they don't have all those additional traumas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just the cold nature in reality, if the service was not available in that just terrible time of you know, psychological need and need for information just this. You mentioned the idea of flushing a baby. I just I don't know. I'm struggling with that emotionally because it just seems so horrific that someone would have to make that choice. And Donna, do you know, have you followed the numbers and the trends are the numbers of miscarriages on the rise? Have you noticed a trend that the numbers are maybe getting bigger over time?
Speaker 3: Actually, I have not seen any exact studies, but I have talked to nurses who work in the ob units and they have said that they have seen that there has been an increase and that since COVID, people who catch COVID in the first trimester are having placentas that don't look normal a lot of times, and so I think that might be the reason. But that is all just guessing that I have not seen any medical studies on it.
Speaker 1: Well, Donald, if you have any interest whatsoever. I talked with the gentleman by the name of doctor James Thorpe. He was in obgen for thirty forty years and he noticed that the COVID nineteen vaccine vaccinated women were having a lot more miscarriages and he studied all this. He's done research on it, published many papers on this topic and thinks that the vaccine itself is what's causing the problem and also rendering women incapable of even becoming pregnant. So there may be a core That's why I asked you the question, because there may be a corollary there. So if there's a podcast, there's numbers.
Speaker 3: Sorry, so there's numbers that gave you maybe low then yes, that's new information since COVID.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I suspect they are. The name of the book is Sacrificed. How the deadliest vaccine in history, in history targeted the most vulnerable and of course the most vulnerable of the people that we're talking about right now, pregnant women. So you you do provide caskets and earns as well as support services. Does this come at a cost or are you? Are you a donation based ministry? How does it work?
Speaker 3: So we are at five o' one C three. We do accept but we only have eight part time missionary workers. The other people that do all this are about seventy volunteers, including myself, and so we can keep the cost of the caskets and turns really low, and all of the support services are absolutely free, and we go out if somebody doesn't come to us after the doctor's office, we actually go out to the hospital and we'll prepare that family for the birth of their child. So we have go bags that we have trained advocates for parents of perinatal loss that will grab one of our go bags and go out to a hospital and meet a family. So it's just a labor of love by a lot of people who have gone through this or family members have gone through this, and so they have been very much trained over months to be able to prepare, to be able to prepare families for the loss of their child, or to give the support services that these families need afterwards. You know, there are other places in the nation that have afterwards support, but we tend to be the organization to do the preparation beforehand.
Speaker 1: Understood and in so far as the manufacturer of the caskets, is that something your volunteers do.
Speaker 3: Actually, our taskets are made by the Amish and Northern Ohio the wood part of them, and then our volunteers or missionary workers will do the interiors of the caskets. So the wood part is done up in Ohio. So that's why we have to charge, because almiss do charge for their caskets though they do a beautiful.
Speaker 1: Job, and I'd imagine they certainly do. And finally, in so far maybe one of my listeners is out there going boy, I'd love to help that help with that. We've been through that ourselves, and I understand the pain and the emotional trauma that people go through this are struggling with. That sounds like a ministry I want to get involved with. You need additional help and support from folks who might want to volunteer.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we always need more volunteers and in many different areas you know you could be into. You can help paint, you can do sewing, you and do it. You could help with so many different areas. We need help all over the place. But say you don't have any of those skills or any skills that we need, you can attend our dance. We have a dance coming up on February fourteenth at receptions Erlanger. It's a good time. Doors open at five thirty, six thirty, there's dinner, seven thirty is our program, and eight thirty to eleven is dancing. So if anybody's interested in there's things, they can find that information on our website at Heavensgame dot org.
Speaker 1: Well, you anticipated the last question. That was the Valentine's Dinner slash dance fundraiser. And for folks, if you want to help out the ministry, maybe you can't volunteer, but there's a little donate button right there at the top of the website heavensgain dot org. Obviously a very important work that you're doing, Donna, and I can't thank you enough for doing it. It's just heartbreaking when I imagine that. I both both of our children were born at eight months, Donna, and you know you're just just sitting on the edge of your seat wait for the day. And both of them were very healthy when they came out. They gets we're done. They we want to hit the ground running, but they have that taken away from you after that much time. I just I cannot imagine the heartbreak. So thank you for the work that you're doing each and every day, Donna Murphy, heavensgain dot org. If you get any updates or something's going on with the ministry, you know you can always give Joe a call. We'll get you back on the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me on.
Speaker 1: Been my real pleasure, Donna. Have a wonderful, wonderful weekend seven forty seven coming up in seven forty eight here fifty five kre CED talk station. I got a recommendation for you. Peter Shabrie, Keller Williams, seven Hills the best team in real estate. That's I listen. I know Peter really really well. The man's a genius, there's no question about it. And he has put to assembled the greatest real estate team ever and they've got all kinds of different ways of skin and a cat when it comes to buying and selling homes. And you're going to get true value when you're working with the Sabri Group at Keller Williams Seven Hills. So you put a lot of time and energy into finding your dream home, and the agents at the Sbrie Group work hard to ensure that you have a five star experience. They're so confident that they will find the best home for you that they guarantee it right. So if they're your buyer's agent, and if you don't love your home and want to sell it within a year because you're like I made a mistake, they'll sell it for free. They stand by the work that they do. That's just one of the programs they offered the Spreegroup of Colorwiam seven Hills that nobody else is doing. It's their love or leave it guarantee. So to learn more about what they can do for you, go to seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com, Google them or any search engine you use. Shabria is spelled c CHA, b R I S Sabri Group. You will find them immediately or call them up directly at five P one three seven zero eight three thousand fifty five krc Hey, it's Bobby,